[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 234 KB, 1280x542, san-jose-5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8325502 No.8325502 [Reply] [Original]

New thread because old one autosaged

>What are you hype for

>What are you working on

>How screwed are you?

>What are you wearing/cosplaying?

>What are your plans?

>Can Maguma down 200 tacos in 20 minutes?

>> No.8325513

>What are you hype for
Hanging with friends, meeting new people.
>What are you working on
Art prints for AA
>How screwed are you?
I'm so beyond screwed because of Fanime's last minute bullshit.
I'm not sure. Probably a cow costume at some point.
>What are your plans?
Sit at my AA booth and chill.
maybe

>> No.8325551
File: 37 KB, 400x400, pusheen9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Seeing friends again and hopefully finally meeting an art senpai that'll be in the AA.
>What are you working on
Sae Kurosawa from Fatal Frame II. Thank goodness making kimonos aren't that difficult. I was worried about the bruising makeup but I think I have an idea on how to make it across my neck.
>How screwed are you?
Not that screwed thankfully! Just hoping I can find a wig that I feel like I might of misplaced.
Sae Kurosawa: Crimson Butterfly
Miriel: FE:A
Ragnarok Online with bf
Coco Adel: RWBY
>What are your plans?
Getting cosplay pictures for once since I'm usually in AA but not this year. Meeting up with friends and people, karaoke, drinking times, hopefully not getting sick this year cause last year sucked. Take your VitC, kids.
We'll see? Don't make yourself sick, Maguma!

>> No.8325658

>Hype for
Seeing friends, eating tasty San Jose food

>Working on
Too much cosplay

>How screwed are you
Mildly? Nothing too bad at the moment but I gotta keep pushing to get done.

>Cosplaying
Black Hanekawa (Monogatari)
Mega Milk
Fio (Metal Slug)
Nozomi (Love Live)

>Plans
Drinking for the first time in god knows how long, hanging and catching up with friends, eating as much tasty food as I can, spending time with my boyfriend

>Can Maguma down those tacos
HE COULD IF HE GOT ME THE CHICKEN TACO HE OWES ME FROM LIKE 3 ALA'S AGO

>> No.8325780

Yusuke
Jiraiya if I can find some ninja shoes in time

>> No.8326888

>What are you hype for
everything
>What are you working on
tfw you buy all your cosplays
>How screwed are you?
a little. i wasnt able to buy the boots for my wedding kotori outfit.
weiss schnee (s2 outfit), neopolitan (rwby. im so ready to be a tall midget), kotori minami (wedding outfit),alluka zoldyck, hope estheim (ff13 ver.)
>What are your plans?
die, go to gatherings, die further, and go to panels.

>> No.8326927

>>8325780
URAMESHIII

>> No.8327150

>>8325513
>How screwed are you?
I'm so beyond screwed because of Fanime's last minute bullshit.

WIN!!! This is how Fanime has gone downhill in 2012!!!

>> No.8327238
File: 150 KB, 960x540, 11226184_1599414166995507_5982751245408486181_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do any photographers lurk around these parts? I have a three person love live group and we're trying to find someone to do something really low-key. Pic related is the progress on the outfits, they're the unidolized constellation outfits from the mobile game.
We're wearing these on Sunday so Sunday would be preferable but we can be flexible.
We were thinking of getting a few outdoors shots and a few in a restaurant (like boba tea or a nice burger place or that one french pastry place or something), so whichever place we decide on I'll call ahead of time and make sure it's ok for us to take pictures in there.

>> No.8327242

>>8327238
the characters are Nico, Rin, and Hanayo by the way.

>> No.8327299

>>8325502
>What are you hype for
I wish I was going... I'm stuck attending a wedding out of state that weekend (i'm in the wedding party no choice).

>What are you working on
A diesel punk OC for a client, and 2 drag sailormoon cosplays for other clients, some other accessories for another steampunk client

>How screwed are you?
Feeling good about it so far. All of my clients are close friends and they know how last minute they chose to book me so we'll get it done together!

>What are your plans?
Crying into my champagne while scrolling thru FB pics and updates and wishing I was there.

Probably.

>> No.8327301

>What are you hype for
The Gong Show tbh

>What are you working on
Last minute everything

>How screwed are you?
Not as screwed as I was last year, thank goodness

Chiyo (probably gonna be the only one without a Nozaki)

>What are your plans?
Take pictures, buy stuff, drink, try not to cry that Hydration is gone

I believe in him

>> No.8327302
File: 48 KB, 405x403, d030284a840206426cc071f635bb443f8ce8ef79d51a5578b9518920f0d3d08f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8327299
oops forgot what I'll be wearing. A salmon pink chiffon bridesmaid dress. YAY!

>> No.8327314

>>8325502
Has Fanime become ALA NorCal ie no one gives a shit about the guests & events and attends to cosplay and get shitfaced?

>> No.8327316

>>8327314
yes, but it's pretty good for that.

>> No.8327683

>>8325551
People still cosplay Ragnarok Online in 2015? Fucking nice. What are you guys dressing up as?

>> No.8327709
File: 29 KB, 400x400, pusheen6.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8327683
My art-senpai is Bara-chan and she's going to be in the AA and she does a lot of beautiful RO art. I was hoping to gift her a Mystic Rose I made that her High Priestess usually wears and it'll be nice to retire our cosplays after that convention.

I'm doing my Scholar/Professor after I fix up some seams and add more gold trim and my bf has a Soul Linker. We usually only see other RO cosplayers at Fanime, too.

I eventually want to get started on my 3-2 classes.

>> No.8327712
File: 376 KB, 1080x1080, IMG_20150514_130435.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

JUST about done with Belle. Finished the wig today. Just need hairbow and back apron bow. Gumi is done, Velma is done. Gotta finish Tibbers and thats about it!

>> No.8327761

>>8327314
>No one gives a shit about the events and guests

They have some descent VAs, the animator guests from japan are great and Music fest kicks ass.

Add to that the well ran cosplay gatherings, stage zero, 24 hour programming and awesome panels and the con gives people plenty to do

>> No.8327773

>What are you hype for
Seeing friends, nice food, good AA
>What are you working on
last minute pokemon gijinka because my friend asked me to and i didn't have anything new for monday
>How screwed are you?
kind of screwed for that gijinka
kashima with friends as sakura and seo, mirai, mega audino (lol)
if he believes in himself

>> No.8327791
File: 1.20 MB, 1000x1414, 584d72590c53dbb12e74698a5b09f2dc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Hanging out with friends. Playing some god damn Guilty Gear. Back On concert.

>What are you working on
I bought all my cosplay. Aint got time to make anything.

>How screwed are you?
I only have crossplay this time around and it's my first time doing it so I am probably medium screwed.

???

>What are your plans?
Eat good food. Drink all the milk tea. Play games. Take all the pictures.

Jesus is that even a thing?

>> No.8327793

>>8327712
Iron.
That.
Dress.

>> No.8327923

>What are you hype for
Tough Crowd with Soap, seeing all the seagulls, Cosplay Wrestling Federation
>What are you working on
Not much, just rebuilding my bar atm
>How screwed are you?
This is chill con, no stress for this guy
Not much, only bringing Chris Chan.
>What are your plans?
See friends, party hard, be on a couple of panels
Only if he puts chocolate syrup on them

Reminder- The CGL meetup is gonna be right outside the main entrance, between the expanded ballroom area and the mariott, where the fountains used to be. Friday night at 9pm.

>> No.8327935

>>8327791
I'm just curious. People keep talking about milk tea and since I'm not from the area I want to know where I can acquire said milk tea?

>> No.8328092

I forgot to change the occupancy of my hotel room from a single to a quad. This is at the Fairmont. You think I can ask for more keys?

>> No.8328111

>>8328092
Also does changing the occupancy change the total cost of the hotel?

>> No.8328128

>>8328111
Is this con thing new for you? Never tell the hotel how many people you have. They kind of turn a blind eye to room stuffing anyway because it would be too hard to control.

>> No.8328136

>>8328128
Reserving a hotel is a new experience for me, yeah. I just want extra keys so that 7 people don't have to share one key.

>> No.8328142
File: 121 KB, 640x480, 1428607114410.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

who /city center motel/ here?

>> No.8328146

>What are you hype for?
This is my first time going to a convention ever so I don't even know. People watching? Seeing cool cos-plays? Food! I'm a hobby/amateur level photographer so I'm going to bring my camera and take lots of pictures. My friend is cos-playing and she wants me to do a photo-shoot for her group before. Never done one before but I'll try.
>What are you working on?
I'll be doing just some of my own personal favorite outfits/makeup. Just wanna be me.
>How screwed are you?
I am getting to experience my first shared room nightmare yay! What was originally 4 people has become 8. I decided I didn't want to be in a 2 bed room with 7 other people all fighting for showers and space and clothing all over the floor. No thank you. Plus I don't like the new room addition people, but I'm not the room captain and he already ok'd it. So now I'll be spending one night in the original room before the rest of the people arrive, the next night in my friends hotel share at a different hotel, and then I'm going to leave a day early because I can't handle that anxiety. Hopefully next year I can get my own room.
well I'm not cos-playing this year. I never have, but I would like to. This year I will just be wearing some nice sundresses/boots. Also I'm re-dying my rainbow hair. So if you see the girl in cowboy boots, a sundress, with green/teal/blue/purple/pink hair, and tattoos, with a Nikon, it's me.
>What are your plans?
take pictures, eat food, hang out with friends. I may take both my cameras, and I'll shoot one, and BF shoots the other
I don't know I'm an anime casual I'm hopefully gonna find some nice new anime to consume. I like anime but I've watched all the stuff BF owns already

>> No.8328158

>>8327793
I know. Its been in my closet for a year. Didnt get the chance to wear her last Fanime.

>> No.8328164

>>8328136
just ask for an extra key at the desk and come back 15 min later and tell then you lost both and need replacements. repeat for as many times you need keys

>> No.8328182

>What are you hype for
Seeing all the California bae's again! We didn't go to any last year

>What are you working on
Battle bunny Riven and Arclight Varus (both LoL)

>How screwed are you?
Moderately screwed. Little things to finish up. Details to paint.

See above

>What are your plans?
Eat, drink, nap, walk around the con dressed as filthy casual gaming characters

This I would pay to see.

>> No.8328197
File: 264 KB, 793x442, fanime2015plans1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for?
spending time with friends, finally being able to go to fanime again after multiple years in a row of personal schedule conflicts
>What are you working on?
Gon is my priority right now, then Ukyo. Other plans are rewears though I need to adjust some stuff for Mihashi.
>How screwed are you?
fairly screwed but I believe in myself
pic related is my tentative plan, I might not finish Ukyo in time and I might not bring Sukuyo, we'll see
>What are your plans?
Mostly hang with friends and experience as much of the con as I can. My brother is gonna come join me for a day so I'm excited about that, I'm trying to convince him to cosplay Leorio but he seems reluctant.
it's up to him, does he have the resolve?

>>8325780
I'd like to get a pic as green Togashi protags with you, if that's cool

>> No.8328383

>What are you hype for
Being in a hotel again this year for the second time in a row!

>What are you working on
A few things here and there. I need a hairbow for Belle, I probably won't finish Tibbers because I hate how it looks and I don't have motivation to finish it, packing?

>How screwed are you?
Eh.. Not too much. Money I guess is the only thing?

Coward Mont Blanc Gumi, Velma, ballgown for Sunday, random kigu for Swap Meet on Thursday, and town version Belle

>What are your plans?
I dont know. Just do whatever. Every year I do make it a goal to be a part of at least one Game Show at Stage Zero. So far I have been in one every year. I got second place my first year attending and 4th two years ago. My sister got second place last year. :3

Who?

>> No.8328434

>>8325502
>What are you hype for
Seeing my friends, good cosplays, catching up from friends from back east who I only get to see here and a friend up in SJ, first cosplays done in months, finals are over, seeing Ai Nonaka, and friends and I have been working on a masq skit.

>What are you working on
Decorating my flowers for Kaoru and finishing my mockup for my kimono

>How screwed are you?
A little, but trying not to panic. Panic is the kerosene to my fire. A lot of work left, plus making Sanosuke for my brother.

Eternal Sailormoon, Megumi from Shokugeki no Soma, Ringo from No-Rin!, Shima from Stellvia, and Kamiya Kaoru for our Kenshin group.

>What are your plans?
Hanging with friends, Para Para Paradise, hopefully getting to see Ai Nonaka to sign my Stellvia stuff, masquerade, and hitting the Great Mall when I'm up there.

I want to see this.

>> No.8328469

>What are you hype for
Never been to Fanime, no clue.

>What are you working on
Last minute artist alley prints. Waiting for more packages in the mail.

>How screwed are you?
Pretty screwed. Really just want to get my shit done but I have finals. And turns out I'm going as a date to my friend's prom who lives in the area the same time as the /cgl/ meet up. Hopefully I can rendezvous with some friends shortly after.

Just Hoppou hime, don't have time for anything else.

>What are your plans?
To make at least $1 in the AA.

>> No.8328503
File: 1008 KB, 876x698, fanime cospray.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Making that sweet cash money at AA, hanging with friends, party hard every day
>What are you working on
Prints for AA, couple of accessories for cosplays
>How screwed are you?
moderately
Takemonos Rin Hoshizora from Love Live, Maps Mizoguchi from Gotham Academy. Weeaboo at 150%
>What are your plans?
-Together Dinner all the time, karaoke, room parties, mackin on cute dudes
I know of some trip/namefags who can accomplish such a thing. I don't know if Maguma is one of them.

>> No.8328583
File: 91 KB, 960x576, 11136634_10205874952649297_703392779404137832_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Getting a break from work finally

>What are you working on
I have a whole cosplay to make and a prop

>How screwed are you?
Not a lot. Maybe a little. Depends on how much of this cosplay I get done before Monday.

Many things. See attached photo.

>What are your plans?
What I normally do. Do con stuff and try to get real sleep.

I believe in him.

>> No.8328600
File: 26 KB, 117x125, 94d6de1a129f54b72c558163bda490cb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8328197
yassss hxh is one of my favorites

>> No.8328938

>>8328583
u will probably be spending half ur time at fanime changing costumes! make sure to designate some time to at least enjoy the con

>> No.8329077
File: 48 KB, 478x640, 81310370.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

big wes here. ill be cosplaying tommy pickles

>> No.8329109

>>8329077
Hide yo kids

>> No.8329227

LOLITAS
Some of us made an unofficial meet-up for after the fashion show Saturday, so it'd be around 3-3:30. We'll likely be meeting in the plaza by the fairmont and there's a cute sweets shop nearby. This is all subject to change since none of us has organized a meet-up before, but if you'd like updates we posted a link to the event page on two different fanime event pages (on Facebook).
Hope to see you lovely frilly ladies/gents/nonbinaries there!

>> No.8329394
File: 46 KB, 280x372, 13312301941392.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

nobody has been more ready than maguma

>> No.8329481

>>8327935
The closest to the center is probably Thirst Tea. I've had their stuff before and it's pretty good.

I'd honestly recommend checking out Verde or Share Tea but they are a bit of a drive.

There's also a Quicklies nearby but it's pretty ghetto.

Oh and if you are into coffee or regular tea there's a Philz across the street from the university.

>> No.8329485

>>8329394
Looks like a bad shoop.

>> No.8329511

>>8329481
>Philz
AH SHIT MINT MOJITOS EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE

>> No.8329604

>>8328938
I don't do con things usually so I'm not concerned. This is a normal con schedule for me.

>> No.8329663

>What are you hype for
Hanging out with my brothers and friends. Hopefully making new friends also.
>What are you working on
Genderbent Idolm@ster stuff
>How screwed are you?
lol
L from Death Note, Survey Corp cape, Me!Me!Me!
>What are your plans?
Looking for Arima and Kaori cosplayers to make music with.
No.

>> No.8329741

Have we set up a /cgl meetup yet?

>> No.8329798

>>8329511
One of my fanime beverage highlights. ofthe non alcoholic variety, anyway.

>> No.8329809

>What are you hype for
having a restful night of sleep
>What are you working on
jonathan and flynn from smtiv
>How screwed are you?
considering i've got finals right up till the con, i'd say a solid 9.5/10
jonathan from smtiv, kaiki deishuu from nise/koimonogatari
>What are your plans?
not overheating, catching up with friends, getting some photos, demon slaying
believe and achieve

>> No.8329855

>>8329741
Friday
9PM
Outside convention center main entrance
Soon after heading over to Jack in the box

>> No.8329886

Hey guys. I am trying to get someone to pick up my hotel. Anyone who is going but needs a room. It's for thursday-monday in the Hyatt.

>> No.8330181

So we're at the Mariott but I hate their valet parking. Is there overnight parking anywhere nearby? I have a Techshop membership so I can stay in their lot but I don't want to leave my car overnight by the McDonalds.

>> No.8330200

>What are you hype for
Meets because I have a megaphone now and I can herd cats more efficiently

>What are you working on
Trying to beast out Regency Rapunzel in the next five days. I'm mostly done. But holy shit, it's so much hand sewing.

>How screwed are you?
Hand sewing is the devil. Deny satan. Machine stitch everything.

90's Rogue from X-Men TAS, regency Rapunzel, Maki Nishikino (idolized Qipao card), Daedalus F-302 pilot from Stargate Atlantis, Asakura Takeshi from Kamen Rider Ryuki.

>What are your plans?
Running a discussion panel on the origins of and relationship between anime fansubs and the American localization industry, and whether or not fansubs are still a viable means of distribution.

Idk but I'll take a video.

>> No.8330421

>>8330181
I get the weekend deal from the garage under the convention center. In and out privileges without paying an arm and a leg or tipping is pretty damn good.

>> No.8330430

>>8330421
How much is that?

>> No.8330452
File: 244 KB, 1067x1600, lili2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8327238
>>8327242
I'm curious, if only because I started playing Love Live even though I'm terrible at rhythm games. Sunday would work fine.

This sample photo was taken, fittingly enough, at the last Fanime.

>> No.8330460
File: 104 KB, 800x533, balalaika03_resize.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8330452
and also fittingly enough, a shoot arranged from a Fanime thread on /cgl/

>> No.8330534

Heres the meetup event on facebook
events/839984932723967

>> No.8330548

I already have people asking me to put stuff on hold for them for swap meet. Lol. Im only going Thursday and I told people I will NOT be holding items, so they are out of luck if they don't swing by.

>> No.8330553

>>8330421
>>8330430
I WANT TO KNOW TOO. I might be doing Valet for $80 for the whole weekend with in and out.

>> No.8330556

>>8330421
Fuck $20 a night and don't have to wait an hour to get your own damn car? Fuck yeah

>> No.8330564
File: 1.44 MB, 2000x600, fanime_15.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Everything. I'm going to be running around like a chicken without a head and love every second of it.
>What are you working on
Finishing up my boyfriends costumes.
>How screwed are you?
Bent over getting fucked with a cucumber screwed. It'll be a miracle if all the costumes come out not crap despite working on them for over a year.
Pic related.
>What are your plans?
Drunk karaoke, hentai night with friends, black and white ball, obscene amounts of boardgame playing in the gaming hall at all hours of the night.
Can he? Probably.. Should he?... That's the real question.

>> No.8330568

>>8330556
How do you get the weekend deal?

>> No.8330588

>>8330568
I meant $20 a day which is still amazing

http://sanjoseparking.spplus.com/san-jose-150-west-san-carlos-street-parking.html

>> No.8330607

>>8330588
Is that the place by psycho donuts? I know there is a parking lot down the street from it.

>> No.8330609

>>8330607
I think it's the one behind the Mariott. I THINK you see the entrance if you go towards the giant blue tent thing where AA was held that one year.

>> No.8330613

>>8330609
Ooooh. That place. Its not in and out and keep your spot. If you leave, don't expect your spot to be there when you get back.

>> No.8330659

If you guys still need rooms, room openings are constantly popping up on the Facebook group for Fanime.

>> No.8330716

>1 month ago still no announcements
Fucking piece of shit convention. I'm not going to go this year then.
>2 weeks before convention Back-On announced for music fest
HYPED
>no hotel room
>didn't preorder
>friends don't feel like going
>going to be alone forever

>> No.8330750

>>8330716
I have a hotel room, but I am going to be going to everything alone. Seems lonely, but I have, for the past 4 years, done stuff with people and this time I want to do all my stuff, alone, and go to events for the first time that other people wouldn't in my group of friends, alone. I can go out to eat somewhere nice, pay for only me, enjoy the sites.. Im really looking forward to it.

>> No.8331071

>>8330613
>>8330568
>>8330553
It's the actual convention center underground parking lot. You have to talk to the attendee to get the deal. It does give you in and out privs, but not reserved parking spots. I think it was like $50 for the weekend but my memory sucks. Still the best deal unless you want to park at the SJSU garage which is free but a walk.

>> No.8331101

>>8330452
Ohh if you'd be interested in shooting Sunday at some point between 2 and 4pm we would really appreciate it! Do you have a fb page or email or something I can contact you on? Otherwise the easiest way to reach me is on facebook PJ-Hime.

>> No.8331140
File: 122 KB, 1083x662, FB_IMG_1431775848575.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>What are you hype for
Seeing friends
>>What are you working on
>>How screwed are you?
I have 1 of these outfits finished 100%; the rest still have details to go. It's going to be a cram weekend, but it's all good; not stressin really.
>>What are you wearing/cosplaying?
Pic related or something like that.
>>What are your plans?
I really just wanna be with homies; I have no real intention of going to any panels or things; not even interested in masquerade anymore.
>>Can Maguma down 200 tacos in 20 minutes?
Eat 20
Puke
Repeat til they're all gone
Profit

>> No.8331553

>>8331140
>I should start packing
oh fuck
I am local but I should too

>> No.8331861

>>8330716

I've gone to cons both solo and with friends, and being by yourself is kind of awesome sometimes. No waiting around for somebody to get ready, no missing out on shit you like cause people are whiny, no picky eaters... Just sweet, sweet freedom to do whatever the fuck you want. Enjoy it!

>> No.8332016
File: 58 KB, 540x960, ccccccccccccccc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Meeting friends I haven't met in a while

>What are you working on
Wig, wig, wig. At least I'm pretty confident on wigs.

>How screwed are you?
8/10 screwed. Need to practice makeup agh

Yukari (Nozaki Kun)
Yukari (Vocaloid)
And a maid outfit.

>What are your plans?
Hang out with friends, go to maid cafe, go to rave and b&w ball.

I don't wanna taco 'bout it

Also holy geez I need to clean.

>> No.8332080

>>8330716
Went alone for years now and gotten use to it. Wish I make some friends. You can stay with me.

>> No.8332203
File: 2.73 MB, 2400x2228, Collage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Fire Emblem meet, some photoshoots with some great photogs, there's probably some cool hentai panels or something
>What are you working on
currently redoing a lot of stuff on my Falchion sword for my Chrom cosplay. So much god damn sanding.
>How screwed are you?
Not at all.
Pic related. Shizuo is a maybe..
>What are your plans?
No idea. No idea who I'm hanging out with either. I'm from Seattle, so don't have a lot of friends in Norcal.
wat

Anyone wanna meet/hang or schedule a shoot?

>> No.8332237
File: 31 KB, 250x250, tumblr_m92yj8Ysy51qhy6c9o2_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8332203
>Anyone wanna meet/hang or schedule a shoot?

Would you be potentially interested in a few FE:A shots? I'm wanting to get pictures of my Miriel but I'd love for more characters to partake.

Same goes for any other FE:A cosplayers who are going to Fanime.

>> No.8332261

>>8332237
I would love that! do you have a time/day set?

>> No.8332265
File: 2.82 MB, 3400x1300, dsfsdfsd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8326888
slightly changed lineup ft. shitty ms paint skills

>> No.8332326
File: 41 KB, 250x250, tumblr_lvz4rnkgcm1qhy6c9o5_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8332261
Trying to figure out my own schedule haha oops.

Friday night is the cgl gathering, right? I was considering doing it Friday night or Sunday. Saturday is RWBYday (>>8332265 can't wait to see your cosplays btw) and that night going to crawl around in my Fatal Frame.

Which would work for you? Friday night or Sunday-day? I'm up for either!

>> No.8332359

>>8332326
definitely Sunday. Only thing I got going that day is a shoot at 4pm, so any other time would work. what would be a good way of contacting you?

>> No.8332361

>What are you hype for
hanging out with friends mostly
>What are you working on
nothing new for this con, saving it for ax
>How screwed are you?
not at all!
probably just alibaba from magi
>What are your plans?
no real plans. just hanging out, getting drinks, hitting parties. maybe get some head from beaniekun
idk can he? we'll find out

>> No.8332620

>>8329886
Do you mean just one more person, or someone to take over the whole room? If the latter then I'm interested.

>> No.8332641

>>8325502
>What are you hype for
Fanime in general; I've never been
>What are you working on
Everything, I haven't started
>How screwed are you?
Very
Friday: Nona from death parade, Saturday: Marisa from Touhou, Sunday: Sailor Neptune
>What are your plans?
Meet friends and then do absolutely nothing like at every con I go to
If he tries hard and believes

>> No.8332847
File: 22 KB, 96x96, pusheen18.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8332359
Sunday's great!

We can do something before or after your shoot but my twitter is [at]CorrinForte if you have a twitter.

>> No.8333166
File: 749 KB, 960x1280, 2015-05-16-01-14-50_deco.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
I'm hosting the Dragon Age gathering, and I'm going to have an Inquisition group with my friends

>What are you working on
I'm finishing up SpiderGwen and Im about 2/3 done with Josephine

>How screwed are you?
I belive in me but dang imma be stressing about it

pic related

>> No.8334527
File: 781 KB, 2048x2048, Spider men .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Meeting old friends, debuting my cosplay since I lost 25 pounds just to wear it.
>What are you working on
already finished Superior SpiderMan and mangaverse Spidey

>How screwed are you?
Not at all. 100% finished.
Pic related
>What are your plans?
meet some old friends, drake cosplay Purikura, go to gatherings, staff

>> No.8334946

>>8332361
Wat?

I mean, it's no secret that I'd blow pretty much anyone who asked, but I have no idea who you are, anon. At least message me on FB or something.

>> No.8334959

>>8327923
I'll bring my Rosechu medallion...

>> No.8335275

>>8334946
PENIS used HARDEN

>> No.8335372
File: 383 KB, 484x638, Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 9.43.32 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>kiss my ass. plleeeaase??? i'm totally not fishing for compliments. it's my friend in the pics i promise.

>> No.8335445

Can a femanon take my virginity please!?
I'm desperate here! Please let me fuck you!!!

>> No.8335465

>>8334527
Wait what? Is this a purikura machine near the con? I'd like to know if thats true. Not from the area so yeah...

>> No.8335473

>>8335445
how much are you paying?

>> No.8335485

>>8335372
Is this supposed to be Poison from Final Fight/Street Fighter? The black choker + white crop top + jean shorts look like it's supposed to be her but the shorts, wig, choker and weird black arm thing are inaccurate and we can't see her shoes.

>> No.8335505 [DELETED] 

>>8332016
Das cute

>>8335275
<

>>8335372
I thought the black in the top pic was a beard :|

>>8335445
>femanon
You're not desperate yet, anon.

>> No.8335512
File: 52 KB, 200x180, 2lewd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8332016
Das cute

>>8335275
<

>>8335372
I thought the black in the top pic was a beard :|

>>8335445
>femanon
You're not desperate yet, anon.

>> No.8335563

>>8334946
I want to hang out with you now.

Let's get snacks. Bang a few dudes. Call it a day.

>> No.8335572

>>8335563
Dick Squad 2015. Obasu is on my couch watching pedal anime, I'll ask her if we can license rights to the name

>> No.8335603

>>8335572
I love big naps

>> No.8335690

>>8335465
Yup. Unless things have changed this year, they have a Purikura machine in the gaming room. Great thing about that is the gaming room is 24/7.

>> No.8335708
File: 52 KB, 300x300, harden.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8335512
not lewd at all

>> No.8335885

>What are you hype for
karaoke, musicfest, the tokusatsu meetup
>What are you working on
trying to finish up starninger for the toku meet
>How screwed are you?
sorta....need some fuckin brown cowboy boots and of COURSE no one has any cheap ones right now. waiting on some crucial shit in the mail too.
still working on the lineup....mostly old stuff. can confirm snorlax poodle skirt, oren pierre alfonso (KR gaim) and starninger.
>What are your plans?
relax, try to forget that i'm unemployed (thanks congress), actually GO to panels this year (any recs?), and roam the AA.
fuck yes. without vomiting after?.....that's a tough one.

>> No.8336367

>>8335372
get the salt out of your vagina, I can confirm that this is in fact not her costume. That's also a really fucking sweet girl you're shitting on just to make you feel better about yourself, so congratulations.

>> No.8336390

>>8325513
last minute AA feels here too.

>> No.8336667

>>8336367
I don't give a shit about how ~~sweet~~ she is. She posted this to fish for compliments and you know it.

>> No.8336686

>>8325502
>What are you hype for
The drive up there. Maybe buying some stuff from the exhibition hall and possibly AA. Hanging with friends and hanging in the area. Getting some photos of good cosplay.
Any other random shit.

>What are you working on
Making sure I don't forget to pack anything. Making sure I I get enough sleep before the drive. I'm not planning to cosplay this year.

>How screwed are you?
Depending on how well I budget; not very. But knowing my habits ... probably very.

Just want to be comfortable. Also my camera.

>What are your plans?
Get good food. Get drunk. go on drunk adventures. hang with friends. get lots of pictures.
I haven't even looked at the schedule yet. Is it even up?

10 tacos a minute? Probably not.

>> No.8337152

>>8336667
I know her costume lineup and that's not on it. If anything she is genuinely fishing for compliments for her friend because that's not her in the photos.

>> No.8337562

bump

>> No.8337811

Anyone have experiences commuting to the con? I know hotel experiences with friends are fun, but when cash is tight is commuting still an OK option?

>> No.8337826

>>8337811
Why not? How far are you commuting? I guess my only advice is to avoid rush hour on Thursday/Friday (5-7ish) because the traffic around SJ is hellish. Shouldn't be a problem from Sat-Mon, though.

>> No.8337854

>>8335512
Lolthanks.
Just praying I can pass tbh
>>8337811
Nothing wrong with commuting? You can still meet up with them and crash at their room if something comes up

>> No.8337952

>>8337811
I used to commute and it was fine.

Though be warned the Color Run is happening Saturday.

>> No.8338224

>>8325502
>>8325513
>>8327923
>>8328469
>>8329227

will there be a meeetup on monday? sadly I will be out of town and available monday evening. i would bring some /tg approved games.

>> No.8338374

Brian Lee you stupid sack of shit and your ugly as fuck shitty as picture of Pokemon Garfield crossover makes me want to puke you stupid fuck! The worst fucking part is the low res picture and I can see the dilated color pixels. Fuck you stupid fuck.

>> No.8338382

>>8338224
pretty much everyone is gone by monday evening. it gets super ghost-town after the convention ends. there are going to be a few groups hanging out but that's it.

>>8338374
what the fuck did i just read?

>> No.8338471

How do you get tickets for the Back On concert?

>> No.8338476

>>8338471
if you have a badge you have a ticket. once the doors open you walk in and find a spot. note that there will be a line for at least an hour if not more. if you want to be in the center floor section you'll have to wait. if you are fine with the sides then you can just wait til it begins. everything is seated. there is no standing pit section like you might expect at a normal concert and you cannot stand in the aisles.

>> No.8338666

>>8338476
Thank you! I don't know a thing about them but it's a free concert concert so I might make an effort to go.

>> No.8338835

>>8338666
This will be my first time attending too ! Very excited about the concert!

>> No.8339086

>>8335708
Plz sir, put away your Metapod!

>>8337854
Don't worry; if you don't pass, someone will let you know. Passive aggressively. After the con.

>> No.8339226
File: 333 KB, 904x1361, afterdarkwhaleedition.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

any of you coswhores planning to do photoshoots with after dark this fanime?

>> No.8339423

how do i get laid at this con

>> No.8339434

>>8339423
Act super desperate and cling as much as you can to people . Girls will pity fuck you.

>> No.8339447
File: 70 KB, 183x312, MHA_GoForIt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Having the first non-rush weekend in months.

>What are you working on
Finishing up my Shiroe staff, touchups on everything else.

>How screwed are you?
I think I'm… not screwed. As long as I can finish my painting today, I'll be fine.

S2 Shiroe (Log Horizon), a half-assed version of Aizawa (My Hero Academia), Maou (Devil is a Part-Timer), and maybe my Rabit (World Trigger) hoodie for lazy times.

>What are your plans?
Staffing, cosplaying, hanging out with friends

...I only see it ending in sadness and sickness.

>> No.8339489

>>8339226
get your florida bait out of here

>> No.8339550

I'm bringing my Halfway done Komachi Terraformars cosplay (stingers and antenna), and doing my Father Pucci for Sundays jojo gathering

>> No.8339598
File: 1.88 MB, 1900x2250, tables.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lots of AA seagulls in this thread. Where are all of you so I can hit up your tables at the afterparty?

>> No.8340426

>>8339598
I hope they put visible numbers on the tables. I can never figure out which table is which number.

>> No.8340438

>>8340426
I can spot who I am looking for right off the bat like Maya Kern. If you don't see numbers just look for their art.

>> No.8340461

>>8339598
I'm 816!

Please bring Mint Mojitos from Philz

>> No.8340745
File: 308 KB, 281x470, 5439284.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Going and seeing all the people again.

>What are you working on
Finishing my DarkSouls2 armor and weapon

>How screwed are you?
Almost done, just don't know what greatsword I want to make.

Dragon Covenant armor from Darksouls2

>What are your plans?
I wanna meet people. Make friends. I'm usually just walking around taking pictures. I never actually hang out with new people.

I have no idea who that is.

In anycase, asking you guys what greatsword should I make? Maybe one in particular. Again from the dark souls 2 series.

>> No.8340787

>Be Last year
>drove out to pick up anon
>pretty much drove few cities away
>talked about meet up from one of these threads
>just let anon take the reins of the party sled
>meet up with a few anons and just walk around, saw that demon voice hentai for a moment
>had a few drinks at the outdoor area while security blames me for smoking a bunch of cigars

Could have had a better time.
>ended up going back the next day durring daytime and was a lonerbear couldn't act right
>I was blue 45 jersey

btw, couple @ hotel was cool, wearing the animal costumes. (plug dj guy)

anyone want to let me tag along on their party train?
I'm a Do As Infinityfag

>> No.8340810

>>8340787
Post a picture and someone will find you

>> No.8340842

>>8340745
fume sword, standard greatsword or maybe the curved dragon greatsword since it would fit with the whole dragon theme

>> No.8341142

any of the AA going to the after party on saturday?

>> No.8341225
File: 759 KB, 672x794, effmeinthea.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>8325502
>What are you hype for?
My First vacation in a year since Fanime last year. Took the week before and after off. Else wise I'm excited to see people I haven't seen since... last Fanime...

>What are you working on
Hating life trying to finish Saki. It's my own damn fault for not getting my poop in a group earlier though.

>How screwed are you?
Going in dry without the benefit of a reach around.

Saki as Ritsuko from Genshiken/Kujibiki. Wrong helmet though since I didn't have time to make a new one.
Aya Brea in her opera dress
Also Weresheep. Maybe. I currently feel like a fat, grubby worm monster.
Trying to pack light as I'm caravan-ing down from Portland with some friends.

>What are your plans?
Absolutely nothing. Lots of people watching.

I bay leave in you Maguma.

Say hi if you see me? I may figuratively throw spaghetti at you so I apologize in advance.

>> No.8341244

>What are you hype for
The second drama free Fanime I've had in years. Also seeing all my NorCal bros.

>What are you working on
Henry's collar. I've been fucking with this thing for 5 days and I'm over it. I'll have to work at it when I actually have the time to make it neater.

>How screwed are you?
Assuming nothing else goes wrong with this thing, not very.

Henry, Prussia, Arakita and Sebastian. Trying to keep things light so the airline doesn't charge me an arm and a leg.

>What are your plans?
Testing the strength of my liver. Doing actual con related activities ( gatherings, panels, ect ). Making a better effort to eat 3 meals a day. Trying not to freak out in the air.
>babby's first unaccompanied plane trip.

>> No.8341417
File: 34 KB, 680x259, 1431962548205.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
NICE FUCKING WEATHER
>What are you working on
WIGS
>How screwed are you?
completely strung-out fucked
young bat from hokuto no ken, samekichi from wadanohara, and alt color scheme kakyoin
>What are your plans?
chill with friends, be a turbo dweeb
i pray for him

>> No.8341438

>>8341225
Genshiken is my jam! I hope to see you there as I wanna give you a fist bump

>> No.8341521

>>8341438
Awesome!! I'll have both Ritsuko's insert anime outfit (giant blue skirt) and Saki's "Battle Ritsuko" outfit. I never make plans to wear stuff so I can't say exactly what day to find me. Just look for the big dumb helmet. My friend is bringing Ohno. I am excite.

>> No.8341633

>>8341225
this sheep thing is a thing now?
>I'm ok with this

Also, getting pretty hyped at this point. It's so close yet here I am still at work.

>> No.8341662
File: 300 KB, 1900x750, Cosplay plans.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

(on some shitty mobile app so I can't green text)

>What are you hype for
Hanging with friends, seeing cool cosplays. Also stoked to hang with my brother.
>What are you working on
Trying to finish up a kurapika cosplay
>How screwed are you?
So fucking screwed, I have 2 shows and a dinner which gives me no time to sew before the weekend
Pic related- Kurapika and Ninten. Brother is gonna be cosplaying Leorio so I'm pretty excited about that too
>What are your plans?
Wander around, take photos, eat food, maybe do the karaoke contest
If he really puts his heart into it

>> No.8341775

>>8341521
Oh shit tell us when you guys are out and about. Genshiken will always be more favorite slice of life.

>> No.8341810
File: 257 KB, 648x448, fanimoo15.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>What are you hype for
Fanime Game Show. They had applications this year instead of a selection round but I haven't heard anything back. Dominated in previous years
>What are you working on
Finishing Lisia
>How screwed are you?
Semi-screwed. One last final today
<--What I'm bringing but no days decided for sure. I can't wait for the year where people stop asking me to be some tiny kawaii teenage girl. I'm 25 and 5' 9" with hips for days I just want to be grown ass women from now on.
>What are your plans?
Game Show, Bonzai Arcade, maybe check out the maid Cafe for once.
How big are these tacos?

>> No.8341815

> What are you hype for?
Back-on and chilling with norcal friends. Mainly smoking norcal weed since it's top tier
> What are you working on
Taking my Komachi stingers and mask, Pucci suit and green baby
> How screwed are you?
Not really tbh. wasn't actually expecting to go since I couldn't find a room but I did so Ayyy lmao
> What are your plans?
Smoke alot, go to jojo meet up, chill, smoke alot more
> Can Maguma down 200 tacos in 20 minutes?
I don't know but best of luck bruh

>> No.8341826

>>8341815
fuck off juan you're not gettin any of my sour diesel

>> No.8341833

>>8341826
Ayyy lmao :^)

>> No.8342204

My friend was supposed to give me my Belle bow back, but its in the mail and hasn't come yet. I asked for it a week ago. Im really nervous I won't get it until tomorrow and I have to be at swap meet at 6.. Ugh. Really sucks. I don't have the money to buy fabric to make one either. I need all I have for parking, gas, and swap meet change for people. Yay.. Fanime.. Im done loaning things to people. Really gotta stop being so nice.

>> No.8342272

>>8325502
>What are you hype for
- Banzai Arcade,
- Photoshoots,
- Masquerade.

>What are you working on
Just finished Yang Lee this morning, now all that's left is optional shit and tidying up Ms. Fortune.

>How screwed are you?
Not screwed at all

Mega Swampert, Yang Lee, Lee Pailong, Ms. Fortune, Ash Crimson, Norman.

>What are your plans?
Gonna be running Pokemon Table Top adventure campaigns throughout the weekend, gonna booth in the dealer's hall, and womp peeps in MVC 2 with juggernaut. Also Sonic Adventure 2 recording sessions in my hotel room. Yeah suckas.

I can sure as fuck try. I've consumed as much.

>>8325513
>>8325551
>>8325658
I got you that taco! Where were YOU!?
>>8327299
>>8327301
>>8327773
>>8327791
I bought a shit ton of tacos back in 2011 from Jack in the Box. It was glorious. There's video evidence of the situation.
>>8327923
>>8328146
Maguma is me and I will consume and adapt!
>>8328182
>>8328197
>>8328434
>>8328503
>>8328583
>>8329394
Amazing
>>8329809
>>8330200
>>8330564
>>8331140
>>8332016
>>8332361
>>8332641
>>8335885
>>8336686
>>8341225
Freaking Weresheep, I hope I get to see your Ritsuko and Weresheep cosplays, big fans of both characters!
>>8341417
>>8341662
>>8341810
>>8341815
Thank you all for believing in me and my stomach.

>> No.8342316
File: 25 KB, 334x309, tumblr_my9snf4WVD1r404weo6_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8341662
thank you for cosplaying as best hxh boy.

>> No.8342488

FYI sidewalk between Market & 1st is closed due to construction (with St. Claire/Original Joe's). Other side is open but it'll impact foot traffic, any cosplayers keep this in mind!

>> No.8342519
File: 61 KB, 300x532, 2015-05-16 17.18.54.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here is a pic of one side

>> No.8342520
File: 97 KB, 300x533, 2015-05-16 17.21.43.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Aaaaaaand of the other

>> No.8342653

So cross at the crosswalk inbetween the hotels in from of the civic center across the street.

>> No.8342661

>>8342519
>>8342520
ho shit thanks for the update. will definitely impact foot traffic walking over to la vic's, PMH, etc.

>> No.8342664

I also know the St. Claire is doing updates in their building, so people staying there... Good luck with sound.

>> No.8342669
File: 549 KB, 900x900, late.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8342488
>>8342519
>>8342520
>>8342653
fucking hell, and that's one of the more crowded and shitty places to walk and cross at fanime

I've seen cars twice drive onto the lightrail tracks there, and several times people do the weirdest most illegal uturns using the street and the st clair dropoff area

>> No.8342674

>>8325502
>What are you hype for
panels, gaming, late night con scene
alot of times it's just fun to do the random shit on stage zero late at night
>What are you working on
packing
>How screwed are you?
not very
rewearing old cosplays, rather not say
>What are your plans?
drink some, chill some, anime it up
don't know who that is, /g/ here so this is the only time I check this board

>> No.8342682

>>8342669

You can skip that intersection altogether by walking down 1st and hit South Hall/Marriott via San Salvador. It's a further walk but nowhere near as much traffic and the light doesn't take as long. Good luck!

>> No.8342705

>>8328600
i fucked up on my wig so i won't have Gon done until like AX after all
but i'm stoked to see your yusuke regardless

>> No.8342727

>>8342682
Dude. Its NOT that hard to get to the convention center another way. : |

>> No.8342731

>>8342727
I meant for those coming from the food spots down that way (La Vic's/JiTB/etc)

>> No.8342738

Fanime Food Post!

Here are some new joints to consider this year:

http://boba-bar.com/
This was here for 2014 but they've expanded their menu for lunch, plus it will be lot less crowded than Thirst Tea

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aghas-gyro-express-san-jose
This is tucked between the cheesesteak spot and La Vic's, you can get a gyro or lamb/chicken over rice for $8 flat!

http://www.sanpedrosquaremarket.com/
Farther away from con center (only two stops away via VTA light rail) this offers lots of options for eats & libations!

>> No.8342744
File: 1.99 MB, 1920x1080, 130_-_Gon_crying_2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8342705

>> No.8342748

>>8342738
bless you oh my god
>>8342705
i hope you enjoy the con regardless, anon!

>> No.8342763

>>8342738
adding to this iirc; you can get a list from the hotel desk but there are nearby Asian food places that are delicious that deliver to the hotels. We had a feast of beef lou mein, eggdrop soup and tons of rice for pretty cheap.

Also, over where the south hall/tent is? If you cross the street heading away from the convention center and go down a few blocks, there's a good Vietnamese shop that has good food and really good pork buns.

If you're okay with driving for about 10-20 minutes, there's a place called Ringer Hut that has amazing Japanese food and all the gorgeous Japanese desserts like strawberry parfaits.

>> No.8342779

Questions.

This is my first stay at the Marriott, they probably have them but just to be sure, do they have a microwave or fridge? I plan to bring foods from home. Tired of all the fast foods.

I drive so what is a good place to park for the weekends til monday afternoon/night.

>> No.8342787

>>8342779
>do they have a microwave or fridge?
No they certainly do not.

you might be thinking of the "Courtyard Marriott" brand of marriott that has that kinda stuff

>> No.8342788
File: 40 KB, 200x200, 1423455811650.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

PLEASE WILL ONE OF YOU FEMANONS TAKE MY VIRGINITY!?

I'M DESPERATE HERE PLEASE!

I DON'T WANT TO BE A VIRGIN FOREVER!

>> No.8342791

>>8342788
why do you want to be a normie? attain wizard status

NORMIE GET OUT!!!

>> No.8342800

>>8342788
>femanon
Still not desperate enough, anon. Keep at it!

>>8342779
Room temperature liquor is always a struggle.

>> No.8342803

>>8342787
Yeah.. The normal ones DO NOT come with fridges and when I have asked before its,like, an added $75 per night and last year they ran out before I eveen got to the hotel.

>> No.8342805

>tfw chaperoning cousins and their friends this year
at least i got a free ticket and $500 to spend this weekend

>> No.8342810

>>8342805
Im sorry.Thats me from last year and I made sure not to do it this year.

>> No.8342818

I will see all you faggots tomorrow. Have fun and drive/walk/run/fly/dig safely to the con.

>> No.8342819

D-Piddy not going to Fanime this year :(

>> No.8342859

>>8342763
Also good is Bo-Town a block away from South Hall, Chinese/Viet restaurant that can do family-style dinners. They also have a sizzling steak & fried rice dinner for under $11, best deal of the weekend!

>> No.8342908

Anyone in the thread doing what they promise themselves they won't do each year:

>Stay up late making sure everything all set, instead of getting pre-con sleeps

>> No.8342913
File: 563 KB, 900x900, 1431050497243.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8342908
>tfw you will never be ready for a convention the night before
>tfw every con you tell yourself that this year will be the year youll be ready
>tfw the con itself is your test run because you were finishing up things in your room
ayy

>> No.8342922

>>8342908
Im packing right now. : | I hate packing. I got tons of sleep already too though.

>> No.8342963
File: 38 KB, 355x325, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

God dam why am I so hypeed

>> No.8342974
File: 178 KB, 310x446, ashamed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8342744
I'm really sorry! I'm bummed, too. But I'm determined to finish him for AX at least.
to apologize, if you're at AX I'll buy you a drink while dressed as a 12-year-old boy

>>8342748
thank you, kind anon

>> No.8343005

>>8342738
hesitant to post this, since it's my favorite spot for a sweet snack and i don't want it to get even MORE mobbed....buuuut

if you walk up the street immediately on the backside of the fairmont for a few blocks, you run into C.R.E.A.M., which does ice cream/warm cookie sandwiches ($3) and ice cream tacos. it's open late, but there's usually a line out the door. everything there is tasty!!

>> No.8343054
File: 447 KB, 359x816, f1e623fb41cbfe7aac5b995a748df71b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yass just finished yusuke p much

>>8342974
k, I've always wanted to cosplay someone from hxh.. Maybe ging.

>> No.8343099

Seeing friends and establishing bonds
Flying in tomorrow morning
Tatto Bots AA booth.
Actually having money for shit this con.
I need more anishit

>> No.8343115

What is everyone MOST excited for? Im excited to see my first ever MusicFest as well as one of my favorite artists Maya Kern!

>> No.8343121

>>8343115
im just excited to be staying with my best friends for once, let alone cosplaying with them again! im probably going to die in almost all my cosplays though. aaaand not excited for the windy-ness. but im hoping this con will be a good one!

>> No.8343129

>>8343121
Seems overcast so far and in the high 70s only, so hopefully not too hot!

>> No.8343130

>>8343115
-Hanging out with friends
-Room parties. Mackin on qts.
-Love Live meetup
-Drawing, making money
-Hopefully seeing some of my students there and watching them have a blastttt

Have fun at MusicFest! I'm never really into the bands, but they always put on excellent shows.

>> No.8343133

>>8343129
quite a few of my cosplays involve long sleeves and not that much skin showing... so i might stay in quite a bit. i dont have good expierence with lots of heat. RIP.

>> No.8343161
File: 1.24 MB, 1725x1417, Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 6.13.10 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8343054
do it. cosplay father of the year. find a gendo ikari cosplayer and take a 'best dads' photo

>>8343115
seeing my friends and hanging out, meeting new people
and my big brother's gonna come for a day so that should be fun

>> No.8343165

I hope no one I know sees me there

>> No.8343177

>>8343165
They're going to rape your dick with their butt-mouths.

>> No.8343183

>What are you hype for
going through a schedule and meeting people
>What are you working on
on my self esteem
>How screwed are you?
a little bit cause im not getting laid

generic mc
>What are your plans?
do a lot of shit that i didnt do before
yes

>> No.8343198
File: 62 KB, 640x480, Picture0104.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hyped for > drinking
working on > packing
screwed > none
plns > drink, maybe look at schedule
tacos > only deadpool

>> No.8343209

>>8343177
Triggered

Hyped for seeing nerds I haven't seen in about 2-3 years.

Cosplaying Younger Toguro.

>> No.8343273

>>8340787
Hey are you the dude that mains /soc/

>> No.8343459

And so it begins.

>> No.8343795
File: 704 KB, 1920x1050, DFC-1920-1050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Old Fanime Con goer since 1998 here. Stopped going to Fanime Temporary due to Anime Resource Group (Parent Company of Fanimecon) since 2014 because Fanime really needs to fix the con's reputation Badly.

I wanted to ask all Fanimecon Members from Old 1995 when it all started up to the Current Generation of Fanime.

I seriously want to know what you all think of the Siding Steampunk Convention named Clockwork Alchemy that has been running side by side Fanime for the upcoming 4th year Straight.

Do you think this side con running offside the convention center at Doubletree should be operational the same 4 day weekend of Fanimecon or should they move Clockwork Alchemy to a different date.

And the most important question I ask to all Fanime Con 4chan Anonymous.

Should you care about Fanimecon supporting Clockwork Alchemy and having Steampunk Cosplayers walk around the San Jose Convention Center Halls during Fanime.

Serious Feedback Please if possible.

>> No.8343838

>>8343795
Clockwork is irrelavent as fuck

>> No.8343839

>>8343273
I'm a shut in introvert

>> No.8343849

>>8343795
ive been going to fanime for the past 3 years and i still have no idea what in the world clockwork whateverthehell has to do with fanime or whats special about it. pls destroy steampunk (but only a little).

>> No.8343870

>>8343849
It's just a sister event and I think it's cool that they offer people the change to go to either with the same badge but doubt many people do.

>> No.8343888

Im so nervous for Fanime you guys..Like.. Super nervous.

>> No.8343964

>>8343888
just chill, fam. everyone is just tryna have fun and get turnt. join in and let yourself have fun. :^)

>> No.8343972

>>8343964
justin you fucking faggot

>> No.8344046

>>8343972
TIL Juan is Mexican for Justin

>> No.8344054

Does anyone know a place for over night parking? This is the first time I book so close to the con. For 4 nights.

>> No.8344197

What time does hotel check in for the Marriott begin? Around 4? Or is it earlier for the convention?

>> No.8344205

>>8344197
You can normally check in at any time, as long as they have rooms ready. The check in time is just when they guarantee your room is ready.

>> No.8344214

>>8344205

Oh, I see! Thanks so much for the quick reply!

>> No.8344226

flight to norcal leaves in a few hours and im still sewing. truly feels like fanime.

>> No.8344230

>>8344226
you can do it, anon! keep going! good luck!

>> No.8344231

>>8344205
When are you checking in?

>> No.8344234

>>8344046
I hope you lose all of your rare pepes you ungrateful asshole :^)

>> No.8344238

So guys is it true that last year one of the members of the staff let some of his friends for free and they were intoxicated and thats why there were cops last year??

>> No.8344256

If anyone is still in need of a room. I have a free bed at the Doubletree for 25 a night. It is available Thursday evening to Monday morning please email me at aeyasukochi@gmail.com if you're interested. Thankyou .
P.S. Have snacks.water bottles.plus ramen. Only two people in the room so far and wanna cut some of the costs.

>> No.8344263

>>8344231
I'll arrive tomorrow around 1:00 PM. Assuming flight isn't delayed!

>>8344238
Disgusting, what kind of person would let intoxicated normies into an anime convention?

>> No.8344355
File: 223 KB, 800x534, cs108-0346.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8335885
final lineup
Fri - snorlax poodle skirt
Sat - Kinji Takigawa (starninger), Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR gaim)
Sun - Scarlet Claw (pic related)
Mon - normalfag style

>> No.8344386

First time at the marriott. Went into the wrong room, got everything work out. Already pay so much for my room, so why isn't the Internet free? Do I need to go to the lobby just to get free internet? I know when I'm not staying next year.

>> No.8344433

>>8342738
Oh, another milk tea place? Thanks!

>> No.8344435

>>8344386
Why are you surprised when the Marriott are the guys that tried to block people from using their phones as WiFi hotspots in their hotels?

>> No.8344454

>>8343795
TBH nobody really cares since they fixed the linecon drama.

People go to fanime to party and cosplay. Those people are not going to stop going unless that gets taken away or gets seriously fucked up. I really don't see that happening...ever. Best to move on and spend your money at another con.

>> No.8344515

>people pay hundreds of dollars to go to this

>> No.8344593

How strict are they on dress code at Black and white ball? I have a polka dot dress I want to wear but it's sliightly above the knee, and I'm planning on wearing cat tights with it?

>> No.8344600

>>8344593
i think you'll be okay, but bring a backup just in case!

>> No.8344660

>>8342779
Dump ice in the trashcan, works the same way.

>> No.8344676

>>8344435
protip for fairmont master race: join their free president's club or whatever it's called and get free internet.

>> No.8344787

>>8342788
Post a photo so I can avoid you.

>> No.8344808

>>8343839
Are you in the irc for shut in thread?

>> No.8344825
File: 28 KB, 380x250, 1405506283875.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

please please please please please
someone have sex with me this convention
I don't want to stay a virgin forever.
See you girls on friday.

>> No.8344832

>>8344825
We have no idea who you are, though

>> No.8344836

>>8344825
Only if you're fine with a spiked dildo up your ass

>> No.8344840
File: 8 KB, 225x225, 1432249865269.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8344832
I know who you are and that's all that matters.
>>8344836
*tips*

>> No.8344989

>Tfw skin is going to shit from DragCon drinking
Every fucking time.

>> No.8345007

>>8344825
This desperation is impressive...instead of spending $55 or however much the con ticket is now, how about you buy yourself a hooker

>> No.8345041

Will be walking about and grabbing people to shoot through the weekend. See you folks there.

>>8341810
Care for a shoot for your Balalaika?

>>8331101
Been in the dark lately; just sent you a message on facebook.

>> No.8345044

>>8344989
Same here and I didn't even drink as much. I blame bad con junk food too.

At least I have plenty of time to bounce back into shape for AX.

>> No.8345068

>>8345041
Lol I'm actually the Balalaika from >>8330460 but I wouldn't mind another since I've dropped 15 lbs since then and improved the makeup. My only important event Saturday is 3pm, you can email me if interested.

>> No.8345080

>>8345007
Yeah, just pay extra to have her/him say geeky words and you get the full con experience.

>> No.8345120

>>8344454
I Left not because of the Linecon Drama and I have been going for 14 years, its because of the Anime Resource Group and the Drama behind the scenes when they made Fanimecon go downhill with the procrastination, bad customer service, unreliable guest Relations not caring to get japanese guest in the past and not doing their job taking their guests and a few other departments. Also been to the Staff meetings and Staffed only Fanimecon 2006 once and never again I will do not this. My point beings Linecon should have not happened with short staff and no backup plan and the pre-reg badge was the nail in the coffin in 2013. I know Linecon was fixed in 2014 and did not go to that one because of my mother's 70th B-Day weekend and now this year not going even if they got back a past Fanime Chair Vet from 6 years ago I knew from the past. Otherwise I am on Hiatus and hope to go back one day. SacAnime is now my refugee con. (Saw some ex- Fanime Staffers there.) Still want to go back one day as its the very first anime con I saw when Fanime was 5 years old back in 1998.

>> No.8345126

>>8345068
The possibility of you being the same person had popped into my mind. Will be interesting to see the improvements between now and last year. I'll have to figure out a location as the St Claire is under renovation (that and we used that location already).

>> No.8345136
File: 82 KB, 666x1184, 11297376_1010600538950136_1402401432_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8344600
kk!
Eh whatever, I think it's cute enough and not prude, but packing something longer anyway.
WHY CAN'T I SKIP CLASS TO DRIVE UP

>> No.8345145

>>8345136
** and prude enough. Can't think.

>> No.8345193

I will literally pay you $500 to devirgin me while cosplaying.

>> No.8345204

>>8345193
Does it have to be a cosplayer? You could probably get a hooker to do that for $500.

>> No.8345205

>>8345204
I'd liked it more if I know you're from /cgl/ because atleast I know we have the bond of 4chan.

>> No.8345206

>>8345120
You type like an old square

>> No.8345321

7 hours into what's gonna be about a 12 hour drive. So done. See you fuckers in the morning.

>> No.8345322

>>8345321
Good luck and drive safely.

>> No.8345364

I'm super curious, does the water at the hyatt feel very different to any of you? I hail from the southern land of california and I cannot feel anything but slippery after using soap in the shower.

>> No.8345401

Just gonna borrow a badge. Last couple of fanime have been weird. Plus I'm broke, thanks college.

Fanime has been the only con I been to where crazy people were in your face assholes. It's like the trolls actually come outside but forget there's actual consequences.

waddling fat dude tells my friend he has a crappy cosplay and "how dare you come outside looking like that". Which is true because we pieced that fucker together in a week. Still had fun though and this was the only bad comment he got in his face about it actually.

Hey it's his right to have an opinion. But it's also our right to take offense and ask him what the fuck his problem is. We're nerds but we grew up in the no.1 county in youth homicide in Cali! (Bay Area represent) Deal with people scarier than this.
He flexes his manboobs and takes a step forward. We step up to him, I start smiling and my friend starts laughing. Don't know why but it's the dumb shit we do to shake the nerves and to say let's do this shit. Fatty realizes we actually want to fight his ass and starts stammering through an apology.
Just said whatever told him to get the fuck out of here.

Was Kind of heated for a bit of the day. Took it out on that badass fist of the North Star arcade machine. They bring that back? Love that thing.

Also fuck the rovers. Two years ago Y'all will dick regular people all day but we tell you that two drunk guys creeped on my friend(grabbed her ass and asked for a kiss) you give us "well I didn't see it." "What do you want us to do?"
Thought it was just us who thought the staff is useless but seen other posts.
Didn't go last year but I'd be happy to hear if the staff quailty has improved.

>> No.8345553

Does anyone want to go to gay weeb dating sim and throw shade at the Tumblr-esque queer folk with me?

>> No.8345556

>got through the line in half an hour
is this the real life

>> No.8345588

This is an open-ended question, but what should I expect if this is my first con?

>> No.8345606

>>8345588
Dubbs. Expect dubbs.

>> No.8345726

>>8345588
Expect no fun unless you're drunk or high.
Party like there is no tomorrow.

>> No.8345748

I just got a warning from a rover for "distribution of foodstuffs on the confloor" i was holding out a piece of candy towards someone while in cosplay. It is a prop, I'm Baymax. Do i need to get it piecebonded?

>> No.8345755

>>8345553
so down

>> No.8345766

>>8345748
Maybe you shouldn't be a pedophile luring in children with candy?
Con "security" being faggots again.

>> No.8345778

>>8345193
Okay so what if I offer you girls $1000.

>> No.8345779

>>8345766
The guy was in his 20s. No pedo

>> No.8345819

I had to get my stingers peace bonded, even though they're made out of foam lmao
also pretty bored so I'm outside smoking weed if anyone wants to join

>> No.8345841

A rover just told me not to sleep on the concourse because I looked dead. Not because I was a fire hazard, but because I looked dead. Wtf

>> No.8345842

>>8345841
protip: don't look dead
they don't want to have to call the medics over

>> No.8345934

>>8344808
Yeah, but I havent in a while.
are you the guy I seen with HALO man?

>> No.8345986

I don't trust linecon and can't be there to get my badge today. Do the lines remain fixed?

>> No.8345995

>>8345986
Yes.

Spoiler :I'm not actually at fanime yet

>> No.8346002

Going to Safeway at 1:45 if any lonely anons want to join me

>> No.8346021
File: 250 KB, 487x600, 1410908187109.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

im here and already drunk with my pathfinder group.

fuck i have to level muh wizard to 11

noone at fucking fanime watches anime besides muh naruto and muh bleach and muh bebop and fuck you

anyone down fpor fatal later?

>> No.8346022

When is the meet up, I have brought buckets of spaghetti mixed with aspurgers and autism to share with you guys.

>> No.8346034
File: 22 KB, 512x512, dumb frog poster 12234.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8345588
you gotta do stuff. i had a blast one year at the dance lessons, weirdly, and became tight with that crew randomly by being nice.
be charming, and if you're old enough, possess booze and or weed.
damn, with california medical laws, and the ease of vape pens, errybody should be blazing at fanime. its a party, and i think it knows that. you're there to never see (most) of these people again, so its perfect for unwinding. weeb spring break

>> No.8346080
File: 1.79 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

RIP

>> No.8346086

>>8346080
>all dat orange juice

i have wee dif you have shrooms

>> No.8346094

>>8346080
A valiant sacrifice

>> No.8346146

Anyone know when the SMT/Persona king's game is going to be?

>> No.8346175

>>8346080
Is that a bucket to puke into?

>> No.8346188

>>8327712
Wow, very anime.

>> No.8346223

>>8346175
>2015
>Not recognizing the holy grail

>> No.8346257 [DELETED] 
File: 272 KB, 540x386, 1428355936244.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any of you anons got some interesting drugs for sale?

>> No.8346265

>>8346257
What sort of drugs are you looking for, officer?

>> No.8346325

I want to get drunk...by myself. Wish I got some grass before I left. 2 hours drive is to far to go back.

>> No.8346349

>>8345120
I feel you on that.. I dunno if you seen the program guide online but most of the staff people (I think you are talking about) have left or in a low profile staff position. I am also glad they are opening up to having industry panels again which is a good start. I feel it is going to take at least 3-5 years for them to get it right. They really need get away from the mentality of fan run convention. It is way too big to have that type of attitude...like in the past where they pretty much got cocky and said fuck you to US industry. But like I said, you are better off going to another con that fits your needs.

>> No.8346361

Update: Homestuck cosplayers once again getting body paint on chairs and shit. Dramu inc.

>> No.8346367

>>8346325
Where are you at?

>> No.8346419

>>8346367
Might get a bottle of hennes and soda for tomorrow night and go out drunk.

>> No.8346486

>>8346419
That's basically me every night. And day.

>> No.8346528

What time is meetup? 9?

>> No.8346559

>>8346528
Yes. See you in 40 minutes fuccbois

>> No.8346599

See the meet-up is at 9 but so is the swimsuit contest... Soooo not gonna make it.

>> No.8346612

/r/ing pics of cute idolmaster takane boy with green polka dots danke schoen

>> No.8346634

>>8346349
I am a 14 year old Vet and I have seen Fanime Grew when I first came in 1998 till I left it after 2013 was over a.k.a. Linecon. I have seen the behind the scenes works of ARG and its staffers. Met tons of friends and staffers and its sad they left for SacAnime and other Cons or moved on because of the unprofessional cocky arrogant procrastinating Bullshit from 2012 to 2014.

I really want to come back in 3 or more years if the returning vet chair from 6 years ago can save Fanimecon but he cannot do it alone.

Here is hoping they can get as good as Animazement but I doubt they ever will. Its just already not the biggest Anime Con during Memorial Day Weekend but the Biggest Party Con in the entire West Coast.

>> No.8346640

Anyone have any pics of the Megumi and Soma cosplayer? My camera died and couldn't get a pic >:

>> No.8346645

>>8346640
Ignore this man, he has ill intentions

>> No.8346649

>>8346634
Animazement has some good contacts which is why they get top tier guests.

So you are talking about Wolfgang and Gary? Wolfgang is low tier ARG, Gary is no longer with fanimecon/ARG.

>> No.8346653

>>8346640
ooh I'm curious now

>> No.8346703

>>8346649

Gary is good people even if he did not do anything. Its Wolfgang and Josh that did the mess of Fanime 2012 to 2014.

My friend found out about the truth about Wolfgang during one of the Fanimecon staff meetings and recorded him undercover while answering my friend's question on why stuff have not been out on time like they are supposed to.

Also Wolfgang confessed he does not know how to run an Anime con just a Sci Fi Con.

The goal of Wolfgang was to Kill the Bay Area Sci Fi Convention Baycon in the San Francisco Bay Area in which I think he succeeded.

But in return Fanime is going down as well at this moment. Including with the Addition of Clockwork Alchemy Steampunk Convention Coinsiding Fanime since 2012 ruining the Fanime Budget as to why we cannot get decent guest especially Japanese Ones.

Ok Since I am a fan of Ai Nonaka since I am not going to Fanimecon 2015 this year I am worried Fanime's Guest Relations Department and ARG itself may treat her like shit along with some of the rest of the Japanese Guests.

Excluding Hiroyuki Yamaga since he has been going to Fanime since its 4th year and missed only 2011 due to the Tohoku Earthquake to take care of his wife.

I hope Will Warriner will Save Fanimecon but time will tell.

>> No.8346732

>>8346640
can anyone deliver on this?

>> No.8346795

>>8346640
I saw them in a panel but I couldn't get them for a photo after! They were really cute though.

>> No.8346803

How is/was the meetup?

>> No.8346809

Afterparty now, we lost ppl tho

>> No.8346852

>>8346809
Is that the one in the Fairmont? I'm just headed back to San Jose now.

>> No.8346853

I might have an extra weekend pass if anyone wants it.

>> No.8346857

>>8346809
Where, where

>> No.8346861

>>8346853
I want it

>> No.8346910

>>8346803
sorry i missed the meetup....made the top 10 in the karaoke contest so i was stuck there until after 10 pm. how was it? did maguma eat all those tacos?

>> No.8346937

>>8346703
Ah yes, Claudia had a big hard on about Wolfgang. So where is this recording? She should have put it on youtube instead of making herself look like a crazy person on facebook when that linecon aftermath happen. Josh has nothing to do with fanimecon anymore like Gary. I agree they were both useless.

How is fanime going down? I haven't seen or heard any reports of drama besides random rover encounters.

>> No.8346939
File: 20 KB, 500x375, 4387744.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Liquid bar is fucking amazing.

>tfw hot rukia is crushing hard my way

I love fanime.

>> No.8346957

Ugh, my roommate invited her friends over to sleep at our place during Fanime. I don't mind guests, but I thought only 1 or 2 people would be staying, not a whole group of them. They stink and they are eating our food and using up all our toilet paper. These weeaboos are the worst, the least they could do is pay us something in return.

>> No.8346959

I kinda of wish I bought a ticket for Fanime but I guess it's too late and I have no money.

Who am I kidding, there's no point in going. I'd just wanna go so I could try to hit on some girls but I know I'd never be able to s core.

>> No.8346994

It's after Midnight. How do I get laid?

>> No.8347003

>>8346994
be nice and have booze

>> No.8347013

No day 1 pics yet?

>>8346994
Booze. Lots of booze.

>> No.8347053

>>8347003
Not same guy but im nice and have booze in my room

>> No.8347055

my friend punched some faggy starlord cosplayer. he was acting like a faggot and being loud so my fat drunk viking companion popped him in the mask outside johnny rockets.
bretty funny, if he posts here sorry about your mask

>> No.8347072
File: 693 KB, 1280x960, starless-mitarai-yuuna-sei-shoujo-этти-megane-1254531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are there any STARLESS cosplays yet?

I wish.

>> No.8347073

so i went to what im pretty sure was the meetup, and i asked if it was the cgl meetup, and a girl in a blue wig looked at me for a bit but didnt answer. it was at the same place as last year right outside the doors on the stairs. someone was talking about tacos over music. anyone down for a meetup saturday?

>> No.8347080

>>8347073
Im up for it
secret word is tacos

>> No.8347103

>>8347073
>tacos
thats the key anon

whats everyone doing tomorrow, we're still drinking and guilty gearing atm.

>> No.8347105

>>8347072
What girl would know Sei Shoujo's work AND cosplay as one of the characters?

>> No.8347113

>>8347080
>>8347103
alright fosho lets do this. same time tomorow. secret word is tacos

>> No.8347120

>>8345364
>I'm super curious, does the water at the hyatt feel very different to any of you? I hail from the southern land of california and I cannot feel anything but slippery after using soap in the shower.

SJ has hard water. Think of it as free Calcium and Magnesium vitamin supplements in the drinking water.

>> No.8347126

now we're watching gunbuster

>> No.8347132

>>8346959
>I kinda of wish I bought a ticket for Fanime but I guess it's too late and I have no money.

you need a badge for entering event rooms (dance, music-fest, dealer-room, masq, artists-alley, etc...) but not for the corridors of the convention center (incl stage-zero) or the hotel public areas. fanime would have to pay lots more money to city and hire guards at every possible entrance to the convention center in order to restrict it to "members-only".

there's some legal technicality about NOT requiring a badge for a video screening. It has something to do with the content-creators not allowing conventions to charge for screenings.... I'm sorry I don't remember the exact rule.... does anyone have more details?

some rovers are cool but the job seems to attract some power-trippy people. if you try to fuck with them they will call the real SJ police and lie so better have witnesses/friends with video to backup in case a rover gets abusive. if you have a badge then you agreed to rules including surrendering your badge if asked to. if you don't have a badge and are not disturbing the peace or creating a nuisance then you have the same right to be in the convention center as everyone else.

>> No.8347145

>>8347132
If you're a relatively hot chick, you get away with it. like at the yaoi shit (which is tomorrow btw). I've always had to flash my badge, but if you were in costume and said i left it in the room for a shoot, i'd doubt they'd care. generally a costume is the overt "im supposed to be here" cue.

>> No.8347181
File: 205 KB, 400x400, icon_count0_2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mags get those tacos
I'll help I love those fuckers

>> No.8347197

I find it weird that there are people that actually go all the way to San Jose from out of state just for this convention and I've lived here my entire life. Is it really worth going to Fanimecon over something like Anime Expo? I just want to know what the appeal is. I never thought of San Jose as the most interesting place to live. It doesn't really have too many things to do. I'm boring so it suits me fine but I'm just curious about people who actually like doing things.

>> No.8347355

I'm not at this con, but a bunch of people I know are & it kinda sounds like a trainwreck. The two stories I've seen so far are a moxxi cosplayer who was almost thrown out for having the "insert your tip" tip jar, and security giving *the DJ* a hard time about getting into the dance and making him wait.

>> No.8347409

>>8347197
>I find it weird that there are people that actually go all the way to San Jose from out of state just for this convention and I've lived here my entire life

San Jose has a small downtown area with sidewalks and restaurants - much nicer than suburban cities where hotels are surrounded by giant parking lots and you cannot walk to restaurants because there's no sidewalks and no way to cross the highways that separate them. As an interesting destination however San Jose pales to San Francisco and is a joke compared to Boston or New York City.

>> No.8347456

>>8347197
>Is it really worth going to Fanimecon over something like Anime Expo?

Fanime was really created by fans who thought that Anime Expo was too corporate. It grew from a homespun gathering at Cal State Hayward, then Foothill College in Los Altos, then the Santa Clara Convention Center. When Fanime outgrew the Santa Clara Convention Center and moved to the San Jose Convention Center it was growing so fast it seemed inevitable that the Con would wind up in the San Francisco Moscone Center.

Fanime was (is) innovative with its Music Festivals, Stage Zero (sometimes), and fairly open process about forming your own discussion panel. But their mostly all-volunteer unpaid "staff" really struggle with large things like registration despite having tons of enthusiasm and good intentions.

>> No.8347490

Jungle juice is kill. It was nice to meet all you anons.

>> No.8347530
File: 36 KB, 960x539, FB_IMG_1431981876508.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8347490
It tasted like Flintstones vitamin tablets

>> No.8347753

I've got an extra full weekend pass if anyone still wants it, my skype is sillypseudonym. I'll be at the convention center around 2.

>> No.8347835

Are people still doing meet up? when and where is still are?

>> No.8347842

>>8347753
How much do you want for that?

>> No.8347856

>>8347842
Whatever you can give me, I don't want it to go to waste at his point.

>> No.8347860

>>8347856
Do you have a phone number, or where can I meet you?

>> No.8347869

>>8347860
If you can't add me on Skype I guess Email me and I'll give you my number. Pseudopsychward@gmail.com

>> No.8347876

>>8347869
Added on skype

>> No.8348596

Any Bloodborne or Dark Souls cosplayers at fanime?

>> No.8348913

>>8348596
Yes

>> No.8348919

>>8347835
I'm down to meet up

>> No.8349007

Anyone want to drink with Dr doom at the fairmont

>> No.8349056

How about a stormtrooper in the Marriott?

>> No.8349080

>>8349056
I'm pretty down to drink

>> No.8349096

>>8349080
I would like a female or two to join.

>> No.8349124

>>8349096
9th floor marriott. Dickbutt. It is the entry

>> No.8349870

>>8347197
You lived here and yet you don't get it, you sound like you're lying or really in denial.