[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 47 KB, 455x600, MyStyle (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8325491 No.8325491 [Reply] [Original]

okay so explanation on the picture.
i got really bored and dicked around with some dollmaker, and decided i liked the horns and style and essentially built a d&d character (tiefling) from it.
what i need to know is:
1. where can i get some decent quality horns that are easy to wear with a wig
2. recommendations on where i can buy a wig that looked like this, with a bun on top, or a bun clip on that actually looks good. or a tutorial on making my own clip in bun.
3. some body paint tips
4. and finally a tutorial on how i can make essentially hooved legs

>> No.8325499
File: 1.16 MB, 500x281, tumblr_n692bljpBq1qdqllqo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tieflings dont look like that, turd

their horns come directly from their forehead

pathfinder tieflings horns come from behind the hairline

>> No.8325506

>>8325499
like i said, i was dicking around with a dollmaker and this is all i could do. they're way too far back in the head regardless, for my taste.
patherfinder variation is probably what i would do, but remember no tiefling looks the same, their appearance varies wildly due to unstable genetics. so i mean as long as i stick to the basics i can really put the horns wherever i want.
like i said, they would be still way closer to the face than in the picture.

>> No.8325508
File: 480 KB, 500x325, 1410232401902.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8325499
also their horns are more often then not skintone [in their case, red]

god almighty I hate people who are like "yeah my boyfriend like played neverwinter once or something so like now i know all about dnd"

>> No.8325518

>>8325508
AGAIN
i was dicking around with a basic dollmaker. this is the best i could do, and the picture came before the idea to make the character.
and i've played pathfinder before, like why would i go this far planning a character and a cosplay around it if i wasn't actually a fan? i can do way easier and cheaper shit if i needed attention.

>> No.8325527

>>8325518
the horns are going to be red when i make them. the goatee is going to be black simply because i forgot to color it
the paint around the eyes isn't going to be there, the jewelry with be different, the scroll on the back is going to be different, the book with look different. ONCE MORE i was playing with a dollmaker. they are not known for being incredibly detailed and i'm surprised this one was as detailed as it was. this is an extremely basic basic basic concept and because i cannot draw for shit it's really the only thing i have to explain what i need to figure out.

>> No.8325539

>>8325508
oh yeah and i don't have a boyfriend

>> No.8325636

>>8325491
For 1 and 3 (horns and body paint), you should look up Homestuck tutorials, since that fandom has got those aspects pretty down on lock, if you find the right cosplayers.

For the horns, Party City sells a devil/ram pair that might be the shape you're looking for, if you repaint them.
Or basic horn construction:
>piece of wire following the shape
>aluminium foil core built up around the wire
>cover the outside with Model Magic or some clay
>sand down, fill in cracks, paint
>to mount them, either large snaps glued to the bottom of the horn with the match glued to a piece of wonderflex or cardboard (and snapped shut through the wig mesh)
>or make a screw-and-socket setup with a headband (screws mounted on the headband, socket drilled into the horn centre) so you'd wear headband -> wig -> screwed-on horns

Body paint:
>face: Ben Nye, Mehron, Snazarro
>body: PAX and/or armsocks

For the wig, I think Arda has a specialty wig that's basically an updo (and you can add a bun clip, which they might also carry).

Hooved legs: Look up fursuit tutorials for hooved legs.