[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 38 KB, 643x425, 1421953895127.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8297732 No.8297732[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Didn't see one in the catalog.

>be me
>buy secondhand all the time
>don't care, means I can afford brand dresses I actually want.
>friend
>"ew how can you wear clothes that aren't new? I only buy direct from brands. someone's worn that! it could've been anywhere"
>mfw

>> No.8297737
File: 75 KB, 540x361, Happy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Got new job
>Got over 400€ of tax refunds
>Father decides to give me random money
>Can now make extremelly expensive and complex costume I've always dreamed of

Good feels

>> No.8297738

>>8297732
>temps de feel

>> No.8297740

>>8297737
Happy for you, anon! Hope it turns out really well for you.

>> No.8297756
File: 261 KB, 440x594, 1370115199562.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>parents still have me registered as their dependent
>have been living by myself for over a year on school loans and shitty part time job
>can almost never afford food, bills, and gas
>wouldn't even be able to afford my own car and health insurance if they weren't paying
>bf has moved in with me so it's slightly easier
>parents have some weird bipolar attitude about money with me
>if I don't ask for money they bitch about me putting shit like food on my credit card
>if I do ask for money they bitch about how I "need money like all the time" and go spanish inquisition on my ass, interrogating me if I've been buying lolita as if I could fucking afford to
>I most likely will be able to support myself after I graduate with my master's degree
>I wouldn't even want to accept their money if I had a choice because I hate how they treat me
>tfw parents treat me like a superbitch for needing support and it's both frustrating and depressing

>> No.8297786
File: 345 KB, 1181x1181, medscalecoaster-only-fools-and-horses-millionaires.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Joining in other seagulls with money problems, seems like a bad time of the year
>Doing a double degree
>Everyone from tutors and student advisers to professors themselves is telling me that a job is a terrible idea with these studies
>Get next to no gubmint shekels because I'm still a registered member of my parents' household even though I live on my own with bf
>Have little work experience, need a lot of it because it's a business degree
>decide to open my own etsy shop because I like photography and crafts
>everyone thinks it's a great idea because it's not as time consuming and I get to be a business owner and get some work experience while getting some pocket €€
>everyone except bf
Now I don't know what to think. He keeps telling me it's just another one of my schemes a la DelBoy Trotter and that I'll get tired of it in a week once I see that no-one wants to buy anything, but I've taken so much time talking to other crafters I know, preparing and calculating expenses and setting prices and been fairly serious about it all.

I don't want to give up on it but I don't want to waste money either, and I'm also worried about not being good enough and that nobody will buy it because I'm not pandering to any fad/niche.

And I was really looking forward to artist alleys...

>> No.8297787
File: 183 KB, 500x250, Loli_Intensifies.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Cosplaying as Germany from Hetalia at the height of the show's fandom popularity.
>Full-on reproduction wool feldbluse, overcoat, trousers, jackboots, crusher cap, etc.
>Get a few sharp looks at occasions.
>Sweating my ass off during panel.
>Get done, go up to hotel room to change into generic kilt-dude.
>Get down to lobby of con.
>Group of inner-KC black church group or something members everywhere.

Holy fuck that was close.

That was the last time I have cosplayed Germany.

>> No.8297799

>>8297786
Anon my BF said the exact same thing about me!
He said that I can't fix my life by making jewelry, when I only wanted a little bit of money on the side. In the end I made him a piece of jewelry that he really liked and then told him oh by the way I made that and he was way more supportive!

I think you should go for it dip your toe in and see how it goes as long as you ramp up slowly and listen to what sells you'll be fine!

>> No.8297810

>>8297799
I was thinking of something along those lines, perhaps order just a few supplies here and there, make a few pieces, photograph them and see how it goes from there. Thank you so much for the support!

>> No.8297820

>>8297786
Just do it and be successful and rub it in his face.

>> No.8297829

>>8297756
You know if they don't claim you as a dependent, the government would take less of your money and you might be able to support yourself?

+ you can apply for food stamps then as well.

>> No.8297833

>>8297786
>stop letting your parents claim you as a dependent when you don't depend on them

It's illegal anyway. YOU need that money, not them.

>> No.8297840

>>8297829
Parents have incentives to keep their children as their dependents while giving them very little in exchange. The greedy ones anyway. It's because they get more dosh when they receive their tax returns.

>> No.8297844

>>8297833
I can't, the apartment I live in is theirs. I wouldn't be able to rent a place of my own. I've tried but nobody in my area wants a student on the dole.

>> No.8297845

I had such a shitty weekend, it's unbelievavble.

>Friend with benefits was supposed to visit, canceled at last minute
>Couldn't concentrate on homework
>Checked my grades, got two average grades
>Cried a lot, binged on peanut butter
>Felt bad for binging, cried even more
>Decided to go on Yahoo, found dreamdress set
>Seller doesn't accept shopping services
>Cried again
>Found a nice dress on Lacemarket
>Listing gets deleted

School is making me feel so shitty, my grades aren't even that bad but I still feel like I should be better. Also I feel like there is a higher force preventing me from spending money.

>> No.8297846

>>8297756
i feel you, im in a similar thing with my mom
>not on speaking terms with my dad
>been that way for 4 years now
>im broke as fuck living on my own
>she gets mad when i ask her for $5 so i can buy some ramen
>says im trying to take advantage of her
>tries to use it as leverage to manipulate me into talking to my dad
>nope fuck you
>she gets pissed off at me for not eating
>tried calling the cops on me (while im states away????) saying i was suicidal because i told her i didn't have anything to eat

>> No.8297848

>>8297732
>wants to wear a bell-shaped petti with my dress
>non-lolita friend talks me out of it by saying i'd look like little bo peep
>the dress is going to look terrible with an a-line

>> No.8297850

>>8297848
why would you let your non-lolita friend tell you shit about lolita? fuck em

>> No.8297852

>>8297845
>got two average grades
>cried about being average
u serious

>> No.8297859
File: 40 KB, 480x373, nazo-no-kanojo-mysterious-girlfriend-x-oka-interested-look.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Only wears AP out of fear of things not fitting
>Tries on friend's Baby dress
>Baby fits me better than AP
>Mfw I can save my sanity from AP releases and spend less on second-hand brand if I buy Baby

>> No.8297860

>>8297852
I know it's really stupid, but I'm always surrounded by amazingly talented people and I just don't feel good enough.

>> No.8297866

>>8297860
that's life, please get over this soon because you're not going to survive

>> No.8297871
File: 21 KB, 400x310, Camera-Y-U-No-Think-Im-Pretty_o_108951.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

here's my lolita feels:

>lone lolita
>cute coords
>not gorgeous, but above average
>want to post to CoF
>Too fucking unphotogenic

I swear I'm not ugly. Wtf.

>> No.8297879

> sew, but not enough to justify paying for a sewing machine
> have 60 cent case of hand needles and spools of thread found in a fire pit pre-fire.
> always jabbing fingers forever, all my medoicre sewing has little brown smudges where I've wiped blood on it and it's dried
good thing I'm not doing dresses yet

>> No.8297880

>>8297871
Don't be discouraged, posing is just a skill you have to learn. It takes some time, but the effects are worth it.

>> No.8297883

>>8297786
Break up with your boyfriend, he sounds like a unsupportive dick.

>> No.8297887

I can't stand the convention scene/community/whatever, which is unfortunate, because I really want it to be an enjoyable place. Its just that too many people seem to be unable to grow past teen mentality.

>> No.8297896

>>8297871
wow are you me
>look pretty good irl
>someone else takes a picture of me
>face look like a russet potato

>> No.8297898

>>8297846
Wow can't belive parents/people like that exists. Like fuck I am out of your pussy don't you even care? Fucking unfit parents man I would never do crazy shit to my kids.

>> No.8297903
File: 332 KB, 1478x1632, 1394430136222.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8297896
>>8297871
>Online dating
>Be a guy so its harder
>Look way uglier in photos but when I do get a date the girls usually fall head over heels

>> No.8297904

Just happened today
>changing sewing machine needle
>puts older one on the table
>after i changed to new needle, old one vanishes
>"omg where is it"
>searches it over the table, my clothes, the room and opened the whole sewing machine.
>still didn't found it
Why this always happens to me

>> No.8297938

>>8297904
it's not inbetween layers of fabric? like, did you check if you didn't sew it into your garment?

>> No.8297946

>>8297879
invest in a cheap starter one. I got a Singer Serenade for about 100 euros at a cheap store, brandnew. it's worth the money, even if you don't sew a lot, plus it saves a lot of blood.

>> No.8297951

>>8297860
A rule of thumb, whether it's school or work: if you're surrounded by people who do NOT intimidate you because of their talents, you're in the wrong place and you need to transfer somewhere else for both money and to learn more stuff.

>> No.8297956

>>8297879
I got a working vintage professional Singer built into its own table for less than $30. Go hunting in thrift stores if you're curious about sewing machines

>> No.8298000

i'm getting my hair done now and this just happened (it should be noted that i wear pleb clothes to get my hair done in fear that bleach gets on my clothes)
>mention buying a new dress to hairdresser
>hair dresser wants to see it
>"oh so a cosplay dress!"
>"its not a costume" (it came out sounding really hurt
>"yeah it is anon! it's called lolita cosplay right?"
>other people in the salon hear the l-word and turn to look
>too embarrassed to explain lolita to her, drop the subject

>> No.8298099
File: 535 KB, 608x608, o u o.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>live in rural southern illinois
>wants to get into lolita hardcore
>nearest comm is in chicago
>invited to a comm even farther than chicago on facebook
>looks fun, is a noob, "ok sure!!1!1friends"
>joins
>is invited to every meetup on facebook, immediately feels guilty for not being able to go to any meetups ever because I live eight hours away
>still no lolita friends
>mfw

>> No.8298120
File: 278 KB, 622x336, 1405993024849.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8298000
>oh so it's X?
>no it's not X, actually
>YES IT IS
People who talk like this annoy the shit out of me. Do they just assume they always know better than everyone else? I once had a hairdresser insist that produce only has DNA in it if it has been genetically modified. Bitch no, I just told you I'm a biologist. Take my fucking word for it, I know more about this than you do. If you want to be the expert, go back to talking about hair.

>> No.8298146

>>8298120
wow you are way too bitter about this.
yeah having it being called a costume hurt but i definitely did not get that mad. i just felt disappointed

>> No.8298150

> made plans to go to a big convention
> invite friends to go with me because they have never gone to a big convention before and I wanted to introduce them to it
> something came up and now can't go to the con anymore
> tell friends to go without me
> in reality I don't want them to go because I wanted us to experience this con for the first time together
I know I'm being irrational, but I'm still really bummed out.

>> No.8298158
File: 304 KB, 383x584, xgxu0r6.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8298120

>> No.8298167

>today was supposed to be my first day going out in lolita
>really excited because wow bbys first coord
>pass by window as i'm getting ready
>"oh haha look there's a crow eating a squirrel on our lawn"
>whatever, get makeup and hair done, about to get dressed
>mom comes in
>"anon...that wasn't a squirrel..”
>that was my cat
>break down and cry for a few hours
>doesn't want to go out, doesn't even want to look at coord because fuck everything

i just. feel like absolute shit. today was supposed to be a good day. now i'm just going to associate it with my cat's death. the worst part is my coord was cat themed. i think...it's going to be put way back in my closet for a while.

>> No.8298173

>>8298167
> crow eating cat
How does that even happen? Was it a small cat? Either way, sorry for your loss. Losing a pet sucks.

>> No.8298177

>>8298167
Oh my god anon I'm so sorry. That is terrible. Hope you can feel better soon. Maybe wear your coord in memory of your cat? Give him/her a nice burial okay?

>> No.8298182

>>8298173
It probably keeled over in the yard and the crow started eating it then. Crows don't usually go after living animals.

Also if she thought it was a squirrel in the first place, it was definitely a small cat.

>>8298167
But, anon, I feel you. I live near a lot of farms and I constantly see cats that look like one of mine dead on the road. I panic and break down every single time, only to come home to him sitting on the porch. One of these days, it's gonna be him. I'm sorry that happened to you.

>> No.8298192

>>8298167
Oh god, anon, that sucks. Please, the next time you get a cat, keep it indoors. Cats are very vulnerable to predators on top of preying on songbirds, themselves. Regardless of that, it's painful to lose a pet and you do have my sympathy.

>> No.8298203

>>8298167
Oh my god, I felt my heart ache reading this, this is horrible. Specially because it hits really close to home, my kitten died exactly on the day I left to spend a nice summer vacation with my significant other, so a great day turned out to be one of the worst things I've been through.
I'm so sorry anon, I'm literally in tears right now and wish I could offer some kind of support.

>> No.8298205

>>8297904
this happened to me recently. turned out my scissors are magnetic.

>> No.8298237

>be thin with fatty face
>burando fits body like a dream
>photos make me look like a chubbychan because this round soft face is sitting on top of skin-hiding layers

the upside to this is i will probably wrinkle less with age while all my sharp-featured super tan peers crease like broadcloth on a windy day.

>> No.8298243

>visiting savannah, GA a couple weeks ago
>walking around shopping, not dressed in Lolita
>pass a girl wearing mary magdalene's rote rose op
>WITH RAINBOOTS
never been so mad about a stranger in my life

>> No.8298247

>>8298192
fuck off with that shit, they don't need to hear "oh you should've done xyz here's some facts that are irrelevant"

>> No.8298258

>>8297898
both my parents are mentally ill so im sure that has something to do with it
i have a sister too but she has rett's syndrome which is a developmental disability and i love her but it makes me feel like i don't have any family to go to when i feel shitty
the rest of my family doesn't really talk to me either because when i left my dad and grandma told the whole family a bunch of bs lies about why i left when in reality it was because of my dad

>> No.8298263

>>8298237
>fellow babyface-chan
Yeah I've heard we age really well, I'm just tired of being so round. You can't post a selfie showing your shoulders-up because you get called a fatty.

It'd work for sweet loli, but I like classic.

>> No.8298266

>>8298192
>the next time you get a cat, keep it indoors.
Spotted the person who has never owned a cat, or anything bigger than a goldfish, at least. Some breeds are fine indoors if they have a lot of space to explore, but if not they go stir crazy.

>> No.8298268

>>8298263
ditto.

Learn the fuck out of contouring.

>> No.8298272

> Got a small raise at one of my two jobs
> I can now use that jobs paycheck to pay rent and can save other jobs pay checks
> I get to have fun money AND savings!

Seriously a 50 cent raise has made my life so much better its ridiculous. I am so excited to have savings.

>> No.8298321
File: 727 KB, 400x280, next gen.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>One week remaining until my dissertation is due
>I don't know anything about what I've been studying for the past year
>What is in all these books on my desk
>How do I cite anything
>how the fuck do I string words into a sentence
>Why don't I have any clean clothes
>or food
>Haven't interacted with an actual human being outside of basic transactions for at least three weeks
>Pretty much the second I hand this in I need to go and look for a job

If I get this handed in I can get a haircut and buy new makeup and wear nice clothes again. I tell myself that, but it ain't making the words come any easier.

>> No.8298351
File: 2.22 MB, 243x300, 1359320728097.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be 5'0 154 pounds
>clinically depressed
>want to cosplay and dress in lolita
>can't because I'm fat
>binge eat and cry
>no time to work out, I wake up early and get home late
>stressed as fuck
>have grey hair due to stress + genetics
>constantly dye my hair my natural shade to cover up the grey hair

I want to die.

>> No.8298353

>>8298321
>/cgl/ is a board for the following:
>• Cosplay
>• Lolita
>• J-fashion
>• Conventions & gatherings
>• Sewing & prop-making
>• Craftsmanship tools/materials & tutorials
>• LARPing
>• Discussing accessories such as wigs/circle lenses/prosthetics/makeup (These must be within the context of the board-related topics listed above; weight loss threads should be kept in /fit/, beauty and fashion generals should be kept in /fa/)

>> No.8298361

>>8298353
feels threads are hardly /cgl/ related in the first place blog-chan.

>> No.8298367

>>8298353
Someone does this every second thread (at least). If you get your sand somewhere other than the beach, maybe it won't be salty, too.

>> No.8298368

>>8298351
Bruh 15 minutes work out isn't going to kill you before bed
Rope jumping, jogging in place or dancing everyday will make a change long term. If you really want to lose weight its going to transform into 1h a day easily. There is no excuses if you really want to work out.

>> No.8298370

>>8298368
I walk about 2.5 miles a day to get to uni then I go to work afterwards.

I guess I mainly have a problem with my diet ;_;

>> No.8298390

>>8298370
Usually you get fat because you eat too much shit between meals
If you're hungry for a snack, eat almonds or fruits (which are filling but not greasy). Don't take more than a can of sweet drink a day (fruit juice are as sweet as Coke, don't chug them either). If you're going to binge eat anyway, at least do it on roasted almonds, they taste so much better than their raw counterparts

>> No.8298406
File: 84 KB, 409x600, 6a0120a5e2a93b970b01310f483cd8970c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8298263
>tfw gothic aristocrat with baby face

like fuck i want to look like an elegant vampire not the bride of Chucky.

>>8298268
yeah i have been looking up tips for that.

>> No.8298409

>>8298390
>>8298370
>>8298368
>cgl giving weight advice

>> No.8298429

>>8298390
lol this is completely wrong, you get fat from eating sugar (carbs) it has nothing to do with the amount you're eating
if you want to lose weight look at everything you're eating, you shouldn't be eating more than 50 carbs daily, 25 if you want to lose weight faster
this is literally fucking science and not some shit from a diet youtube video, this is a medical diet they actually put people with type 2 diabetes and people at risk for type 2 diabetes on to lose weight
also remember to subtract fiber from carbs, dietary fiber prevents carbs from getting turned into fat which is why things like fresh fruit and whole grains don't make you obese
look up what people with diabetes eat and that's what you should be eating, everything else makes you fat

>> No.8298433

>>8298429
>it has nothing to do with the amount you're eating
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Also
>>8298409
What, afraid you'll be the only landwhale left?

>> No.8298451

>>8298433
>/fit/
>landwhale
project

>> No.8298457

>>8298433
look it up, if you think counting calories is important then you know literally nothing about losing weight and should probably stop talking

>> No.8298463

>>8298429
>it has nothing to do with the amount you're eating
what the fuck, this is the kind of shit you see on tumblr

>> No.8298475

>>8298463
you guys are seriously so retarded, ask your doctor or Google it
where the fuck are you getting this shit from? do you think if you only eat 900 calories of ice cream and cheetos you're going to get anything done?

>> No.8298488

>>8298475
Oh jesus.
Dude calories are in everything. Calories do not dictate nutritional value on their own.
1500 Calories a day is pretty average, but it means nothing if you're eating 1500 Calories of pure ice cream or pure broccoli or pure bread. All they do is give you energy.

No one is that fucking stupid.

>> No.8298492

>>8298475
You're not going to get anything done eating 3000 cals of veggies either.

>> No.8298496

>>8298475
900kcals worth of ice cream is not that fucking much, so yes
you won't look good without working out, but you'll lose weight because if you only eat 900kcal of ice cream that's pretty much one decent portion and nothing else for the rest of the day

>> No.8298500

>>8298492
actually to eat 3000 calories in veggies youd probably make yourself puke before you got there.
so technically it would be impossible to do it

>> No.8298515

can we not make this a weight loss thread? go back to /fit/ please and stay there

>> No.8298516

>>8298457
Go back to /fit/ with your keto cult shit. I lost 20lbs since January by simply counting calories. I love carbs.

>> No.8298519

>>8298496
yeah because your body goes into starvation mode, the second you eat normally again you'll inflate right back into fatty-chan.
i honestly don't know what you're arguing, if you're eating a low carb diet you don't need to pay attention to how much you're eating because your body isn't processing it into fat because the average person isn't going to eat 3000 calories of salad in a day.

>> No.8298521

>>8298519
>starvation mode
>believing this bullshit
>this momscience

>> No.8298522

>>8298519
>starvation mode
Holy shit you are retarded.

>> No.8298530

>>8298519
????? As someone who is on a low carb diet, yes you do need to watch how much you eat. You can't fucking eat 3k calories of low-carb food and expect to still lose weight. It doesn't matter if you're low carb or regular carb, eating too much is still a problem with weight.

>> No.8298536

>>8298519
Starvation mode is made-up bullshit.
I was horribly unhealthy for a while, as in, eating disorder unhealthy, and I used to eat 400 cals most days, but I still lost weight, because starvation mode is a MYTH. Not advocating eating nothing to lose weight though, I was horribly unwell for a long time because of it, would not recommend.

>> No.8298603
File: 173 KB, 592x394, 1380921828320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well that killed the thread, back on topic now.
>be terrible alcoholic
>drink from 7am to midnight everyday
>to and from work, and at work

>now cleaned up
>fit
>coming out my shell and going to my first con soon
>Still losing weight just so i can get my BF% as low as possible
>everything looking good

>> No.8298650

>>8298272
> tfw only got 7 cent raise...

>> No.8298661

>>8298361
Than make it /cgl/ related

>> No.8298673 [DELETED] 
File: 128 KB, 364x404, 1421571166166.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In the previous thread the janitor was salty and gave me a warning for going "off topic" and said only "lolita and gothic lolita" is allowed in feels threads.

>> No.8298678
File: 89 KB, 500x315, tumblr_mcm1e2cMKM1r556mmo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Life is all coming together
>Bf scores a job he really enjoys after being unemployed for a while, our relationship getting better since he's no longer stressed about that
>Finishing up school, working on my drivers license finally, looking for a job of my own
>Dream about all the cosplays and cons I'll finally be able to afford now that all of that will be out of the way and I can get a job
>it'salllookingup.jpg
>Bf then runs over bag with his electronics in them while visiting me
>His new ds is destroyed as well as other things, Nintendo doesn't do repairs for LE ones
>Offer to buy him a new one since I hate seeing him sad
>Goodbye, sweet cosplay dreams

Poor thing hadn't even finished paying it off. It'll be more worth it to see him happy in the end but it's a good bit of a bummer for both of us.

>> No.8298681

>>8298361
They used to be.
A year or so ago, we'd actually just bitch about cosplay/lolita feels.
ie. ">tfw your wig just shipped but the con is this weekend" or ">tfw your shoes are a different shade of brown from your coord and it fucks everything up"
Then people started venting about personal things, specifically those "my bf is doing abusive things but i still love him???" posts, and it all spiraled down from there.
Now there's barely any /cgl/-related feels. And you guys wonder why /r9k/ likes to stop by.

>> No.8298689

>>8298237
>went to help my brother move in to his first year apartment because just graduated college
>roommate shows up with his mom
>this is my sister
>oh, anon what grade are you in?

People keep telling me there's a day I'll be happy for my fat face, but I look downright awful in lolita photos.

>> No.8298710

>>8298673
Good.

>> No.8298718

>>8298536
>Starvation mode is made-up bullshit.
>cite yourself
>what are anomilies
>400 calories a day
>the average human burns aprox 1000 calories/day
>what are calorie deficits
>expecting to not lose weight
If anything, your post is full of shit and stupidity

>> No.8298745

>>8298678
>bf runs over his own bag
>he has a job now
>you offer to replace his ds after his dumb ass mistake

You're either the nicest girlfriend or the stupidest and I can't tell which one.

>>8298673
aight well let's all be honest none of us take that salty bitch seriously in the first place.

>>8298406
Anon I'm regularly mistaken for a middle schooler and/or preteen boy but when I throw on makeup and a wig it's like BAMpire. You just gotta figure out what works for your face.

>>8298351
>have grey hair due to stress + genetics

Stress doesn't cause grey hair. You're just getting old and have shit genetics.

>>8298266
Anon cats should NEVER be outdoors unattended. If you have a breed that needs outside space, you need an enclosure, or a wheel, or you need to get off your ass and take them on walks. You don't leave a dog wander around unattended. Don't leave a cat. If you go out WITH the cat and sit outside while it runs around that's fine but you should never just let it out and walk away.

It sucks, and maybe her cat was a stray that they sort of adopted or something, but if it was actually her pet cat, she really shouldn't get another and let it out like that.

>> No.8298775

>>8298745
Someone is unleashing they inner cunt

>> No.8298793

Recently told my best friend of 13 yrs that I was in love with him.

>> No.8298797

>>8298793
Thats kind of a big gamble

>> No.8298801

>>8298793
>>8298797
It is, how did it go? You can't just leave us hangin' here.

>> No.8298802
File: 57 KB, 684x274, Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 9.56.26 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8298745
Stress can indeed cause grey hair, anon. I had a very stressful childhood and started getting greys at 15-16.

>> No.8298803

>>8298797
It was huge! We were briefly Fwb but I still never said anything. I got lucky though and feelings were mutual

>> No.8298806

>>8298801
Haha it went great!

>> No.8298810

>>8298266
...I have three cats and they are all indoor-only cats. Their vet approves of this. Most pet shelters will turn you down for adopting a cat if you admit that you plan on the cat being indoor/outdoor or outdoor only.

>> No.8298816

>>8298247
tbh most people don't understand how shitty it is to keep a cat outside so its valid advice if she plans on getting another cat

>> No.8298822

>>8298806
Congrats, then! I hope everything goes well for you two. Hopefully your friendship will be a good basis for a lasting relationship.

>> No.8298825

>>8298822
Thank you! I hope so too

>> No.8298841

>>8298810
>>8298816
My cat is fine with being a partially outdoors cat. In fact, she complains hardcore if she isn't let outside at least twice a day. She is six years old and has never had any diseases that she could have contracted from the outdoors. And to be honest I have no clue why she stays around the house and goes nowhere else but she hasn't wandered more than a house or two down the neighborhood and has always returned within a good thirty or so minutes without us needing to look for her. Calm yourself.

If you treat your cat like shit, it will turn out like shit. Keep its food, water, litter box etc. indoors so it doesn't get any gross shit inside it so the cat doesn't get sick. Obviously don't keep it outside overnight and don't let it go outside when it's cold out. If you're worried about her escaping put a fence around your back yard or something. I would figure that that would be rather obvious but I guess it isn't.

>> No.8298849

>>8298192
>>8298266
>>8298745
>>8298810
>>8298816

Is this a cultural thing? I'm pretty sure that I once saw an article in the BBC that actually tracked the behavior of outdoor pet cats, so it must be common in at least the UK to let your cat outdoors. Most of my friends and neighbors in the UK do let their cats outdoors as well - whether it's good for the environment or the cats themselves is another story entirely.

>> No.8298887

>>8298849
It's not a cultural thing. It's a problem all over the place. I live in a rural area with a lot of cats being left out, that doesn't mean that it's necessarily GOOD for the cat. There are a LOT of dangers outside. Cars, for one, and larger predators like foxes, coyotes, wolves, etc. depending on the region. I had a stray that I look after get attacked by a fox and he would have lost his leg if not his life if I hadn't taken him to the vet (to the tune of $800). Indoor only cats live much longer on average than outdoor only, and indoor cats are also exposed to less potentially dangerous pathogens. There aren't other people that could take the cat (and potentially mistreat it) if it's kept inside or leashed/watched, and tbh the cats that I've rescued and brought in from outdoors don't want anything to do with the outside at all, they're afraid of it.

I guess it's probably the same as how humans want what we don't have. A rescued outdoor cat will want to stay inside because they know it's scary out there, whereas an indoor cat will want to go out because it's a new exciting world with new smells and tastes and there's so much for them to take in out there.

In general, most vets prefer that cats be kept inside, and no shelter I've ever been to or heard about will allow a cat to be adopted if the person plans on leaving them outside without supervision.

tbh I'm not even concerned about the environment. I'm concerned only about the well being of the cat, because I'm a god damn crazy cat lady.

>> No.8298888

>>8298841
The cat likely won't catch diseases, but she will kill local birds and be at risk for attacks by predators and in danger of being hit by a car.

When I was a kid I had indoor/outdoor cats. My calico went missing only to turn up in our yard later, weak and sick. She died within hours at the vet - the vet said she likely ate poisonous mushrooms (which seemed weird to me, but I suppose if the vet says so). My old tabby came home one night with her eye dangling out of its socket and covered in gashes. After our "mama" cat had kittens, we kept one, and he was allowed outside. He didn't come home one night and we found his body, lower half crushed, under our neighbor's truck.

If you can let your cats out into an enclosed yard then sure it's absolutely fine, but there's just so much dangerous shit out there that can kill them, and most vets I know of recommend keeping cats 100% indoors. Sage for OT.

>> No.8298927

>>8298887
Don't forget people shooting at cats and what not

>> No.8298931

>>8298927
This too. Every time I hear a gunshot from a farm nearby I pray that they were shooting a groundhog and not one of my poor kitties. Luckily since he was attacked, my stray buddy stays on or around my porch for the most part with his brother, who also incidentally got hurt a while ago and has a permanent limp now.

>> No.8298933

>>8298931
>>8298927
And when they start to till the fields or harvest, that machinery is big. It could easily mash a cat to bits if they don't run fast enough.

>> No.8298940

>>8297871
my hair always looks like shit in photos

>> No.8298963

>>8297732
Guinea pig anon here, saging for not very cgl related but I need to vent my frustrations.

>my guinea pig lacie passes away, leaving my other guinea pig ribbon very lonely
>buy another guinea pig so ribbon doesn't die of depression
>of course this guinea pig, bonnet, has pneumonia
>spend 120 dollars on exotic vet fee and get her meds only to have her die in my hands after feeding her her medicine
>buy another guinea pig which I name Winter, notice when I taker her home winter is sneezing and looks ill
>take her back to store, "oh anon, we didn't even notice! We'll take care of her."
>in the meantime, adopt another piggie, name her autumn.
>fast forward, bring newly-cured Winter home. all is well for a while.
>notice lumps under Autumn's chin. take her to vet. 500+ vet fee and surgery needed.
>have to quarantine her at night, she squeaks and cries because she's lonely
>still paying 30+ for medicine refills for autumn
>winter is starting to sneeze again

Owning pets is so hard cgl, I feel my heart breaking everytime they get sick. hand-feeding a guinea pig food and medicine everyday is so difficult and frustrating. I just want my babies to get better and be happy.

>> No.8299055

>>8298745
Can I be both?
He put his bags behind his car instead of on top of them for whatever reason before putting them in the trunk, I called him to do something and he forgot them there when he pulled out, so I feel at least a little guilty. I'd like to think he'd do the same for me.

>>8298963
I'm sorry anon. I lost my first pet to sickness recently and even though it was just a hamster I cried like a baby for days. I can't imagine what you're going through.

>> No.8299057

>>8298849
It's cultural. Outdoor/indoor cats were the norm when I lived in the UK. Indoor only is an American thing

>> No.8299096
File: 166 KB, 704x960, 222.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8299055
Here are the two baby sickus. If everyone could send somewhat good vibes for their recovery I'd appreciate it. doodled kawaii things onto them to make it somewhat more cgl related.

sage again despite that. I owned a hamster once too and also cried like a baby. Just trying to keep my babies alive, I hope I can be good enough to do it.

>> No.8299168

>>8299096
Anon, I hope they get better. I've lost too many pets to illnesses. It never gets any easier either. Even the ones I wasn't as bonded with, I cried hard for because I felt guilty about not being closer to them.

Semi-related in a way, but not /cgl/ related feels, so i'm gonna sage :

I coach twirling, we just had our championships this past weekend, and one of our dancers has sickle cell anemia. She had an attack right before they performed on Saturday night, had to be seen by a paramedic immediately after (she powered through her pain and danced anyway) and now she's in the hospital. I'm so scared for her, I've been sitting in my room just crying. She's supposed to go for a bone marrow transplant at the end of the summer, which should essentially cure her, but god... if something happens to her before she goes...

I spent the whole night just hugging her with the other coach, trying to keep her warm in the cold-ass convention center while she cried because it hurt. I've never been close to someone who's sick like this before, and it's terrifying. I wish I could visit her in the hospital, but they've got her on all kinds of pain meds and all sorts of shit, she's probably not herself. I wish I could do a little something to make her feel better, she'd always have a smile for anyone who tried to cheer her up. The thought of her being in so much pain is killing me.

>> No.8299211

>>8297904
Me mum taught me to jab it in something so I don't lose track of it...usually a spool