[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 67 KB, 640x572, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8284674 No.8284674 [Reply] [Original]

So, I'm actually doing a project on this subject and need some input from the community.

>what is considered healthy by the community? Any particular size?

>what are you health regiments if any?

>do you suffer from an eating disorder? Mental illness? Any type of ailment?

>do you think the community is toxic? Could it be improved or is it fine as is?

Any comments or stories are also welcomed

>> No.8284703

I honestly think it is based on the body type of the person, height and so on. I have friends who aren't fat, but are what you call big bone. They do not have flab, but just look bigger than others. I am guessing they are size 14? I guess that's ok.

I exercise an hour a day. I have been trying to cut down on starches and sweets, but it's been hard. I do aerobics and lift weights.

no

I am actually glad by the community's perception of weight. I think I would be lazy about my weight if I wasn't a lolita.

>> No.8284721

From what I see, as long as you don't have piles of fat people seem to consider you healthy.

Nothing special, I try to work out 10-40 minutes every day (but that doesn't always happen)

Eating disorder and mental illness, yeah.

In some ways I guess that it is? Most people acknowledge that it's possible to look good in cosplay/JFash, but since it would require more skill/work than a skinny person people tend to just scream about how a cosplayer looks fat and therefore ugly when they could be talking about how the costume could have been better fitted.

>> No.8284724

>>8284674
On /cgl/, I think it's actually around a size 2, to maybe a little bit chubs, despite how prevalent eating disorders seem on the board.

>what are your health regiments if any?
I don't really do anything. I'm trying to eat healthier, but I have a major sweet tooth and currently live at home for school, so I can't really make the food I would like.

>eating disorder
I'm under 100lbs at 5'7, but I don't actively try to be this thin. So, no, not really.
>mental illness
Borderline Personality Disorder, depression

Maybe a little bit, but mainly on 4chan, as it is an anonymous forum. Irl, you may encounter some shit talking behind your back, but you don't really get people ragging on you to your face like you will here. I don't think it can be improved, because, like I said, anonymous. People are going to say what they want because they know they can get away with it here.

>> No.8284731

>>8284703
I forgot to add I am a lolita. Therefore, I can only speak for what I have seen as part of the lolita community. However, from what I have seen on cgl, I think the cosplay community is pretty toxic when it comes to the perception of weight.

>> No.8284744

I've seen some really good "heavy set" people being hella praised by the community, but then I've seen the skinniest people being called fattychans on BtB so... idk. Skinny but not incredibly skinny to the point where you're about to die?
Okay I've tried everything and I still have not lost weight (I'm that weird pear type shape bordering ~150 lb.) I'm happy with my body for the most part so I don't do a lot, except for the sports that I play during school.
I take medications for depression and anemia. I also have 'lolsorandom social anxiety' that prevents me from going to social functions..... a lot. But the depression meds help with that a bit?
Sometimes it gets really bad weight-shame wise, but on CGL most of the points I've seen about weight is tolerable and for the most part not depressingly heart wrenching make-me-want-to-cut-off-my-fat-with-a-knife bad. However, average-healthy-weight-chan being called a fattychan on some other websites tick me off a bit. So it has its ups and downs. (Aka literally any fandom.)

>> No.8284752

You can't pin down a dress size, because a 5'10 girl is going to look like a glamazon in a size 6 dress and a 5'0 girl will look dumpy.

I subsist on Bagel Bites, Lean Cuisine, and Blue Moon.

A deep love of Bagel Bites.

We're fine. We just seem really bitchy because our thoughts are written down on forums.

>> No.8284760

I'm a gyaru

gyaru

gyaru

again, gyaru

>> No.8284781

>>8284760
top kek

>> No.8285023
File: 178 KB, 720x720, 1424723805182.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8284760
>tfw I want to be gyaru, but I have thick muscular legs

>> No.8285203

I don't think people consider health immediately as much as they consider body shape/type. Two different people who weigh the same could have very different looking bodies.

I exercise several times a week (cardio and weights) and play a high level sport, which includes tournaments on weekends, so I tend to do a lot, even if it's not always regular. As for eating I don't place solid restrictions on what I eat but I stay by the rule of everything in moderation. I don't eat that much red meat, nor do I eat any "white" foods (pasta, bread) but that's more due to taste preference.

I did suffer from an eating disorder for a few years of my life. Sometimes I still recede into that mindset, but I'm working on it.

There will always be assholes and trolls that will do nothing more than drag people down, but I think the majority of people have some understanding that people are just different and they have to work with what they've got.

>> No.8285270

Not a particular size, since it varies so much with height and build. I think people who are on the low end of average are the most popular.

>what are you health regimens if any?
Cardio 30min/day, plus bodyweight exercises. Hoping to start lifting weights properly once I get physician approval. I also count calories, but I don't restrict heavily.

No eating disorders or mental illness (though some people would probably argue that my calorie counting is "disordered eating"). I do have some minor physical problems, but nothing that interferes with J-fashion or cosplay.

Honest, I find the attitude here somewhat refreshing. Yeah, it can be harsh, but it's nice to see people who understand being overweight is a real issue. You don't see much HAES bullshit here. On the flip side, it's also not crazy pro-ana or anything.

>> No.8285374

If by community you mean gulls, well people are constantly screaming about "fatty chan squeezing into muh burando" so I'd definitely say there is a prejudice against chub. Personally I feel if you feel pretty fuck it but that seems to be the community standard. I guess ideally everyone should be size two and poop glitter.

I just try to eat healthy. Mostly go on walks if the mood hits me.

I have a history of anxiety and depression

Oh it could definitely be improved but I wouldn't go as far as say it's toxic. I think most people are completely normal and don't care what size another person's jeans are because at the end of the day we're all adults dressing up like kawaii animu warriors so we probably shouldn't judge. Only the real tight asses make a stink. And since they scream the loudest those might be the majority of what people hear. But I've met some great lolitas and cosplayers alike.

>> No.8285478

>>8284752
>Bagel Bites

My nigga

>> No.8285485

>>8284674
I don't know but judging from the comments calling everyone a fatty it can't be good
Nothing much, just taking care to eat relatively well and regularly and exercising here and there
No, but I am severely underweight. I suspect it has to do with my thyroid, so I'll be checking it out soon.
On /cgl/ it definitely is, elsewhere it depends on the comm. I don't know how to fix it so I can't say more about it

>> No.8285492

>>8284674
>>what is considered healthy by the community? Any particular size?
It could literally be anything, but I'd say about a UK size 8, as long as your arms/legs aren't too skinny, you're fine, you'll be called "anorexic" and "omg triggering wtf"
>>what are you health regiments if any?
None at the moment, intend to get into something in two week's time when I have free time again.
>>do you suffer from an eating disorder? Mental illness? Any type of ailment?
I've had an on-off EDNOS-type thing for nearly six years, but thankfully I've never been at an unhealthy weight, and it's off more than it's on. I suffer from depression, and I'm seasonally affected, so the approach of summer, much as I hate the heat, is great.
>>do you think the community is toxic? Could it be improved or is it fine as is?
It's not toxic, per se, but there's no consensus on what is or isn't healthy or aesthetically pleasing, which results in a lot of shit-flinging. In some threads, people bigger than size 12 will be called landwhales. In others, people smaller than size 10 will be called anorexic and in need of a burger. You can't win, but there's not really any way to improve it, at least not on cgl.

>> No.8285497

>>8284674
I dunno about the community but my particular standard is around12-24% body fat for males, and 18-32% body fat for females. I'm currently sitting at at a nice and comfortable 20% overall body fat.
I do a weight routine 2-3 times a week and cardio about 2 times a week. never on the same day. I also do the vegetarian before 6pm thing (mainly because it makes me feel a bit better, but otherwise i avoid most "diets" and health food crazes or supplements)
not that i'm aware. I know I'm probably not eating as healthy as I could be, but then again, I can't afford any better atm. also i should drink more water, but who really drinks the right amount anyways.
>do you think the community is toxic? Could it be improved or is it fine as is
I think it's as toxic as you want it to be. If you like drama, let shit eating comments from trolls bother you or suffer from low self esteem, the community is only going to propagate those feelings, but if you like self improvement and focus on the craft, or like seeing what others are doing, then you'll probably find you don't find the community to be that bad of a place to be.

>> No.8285513

Health is normal healthy sizes, overweight people and some obese are considered acceptable and normal in lolita due to the petticoats hiding the fatness.
"health" is objective and doesn't vary from community to community, being slim is considered to be good in lolita but this has nothing to do with health and is more relevant to aesthetic.

None, I am disgusting, don't exercise and eat shit food. Its starting to show. I am planning to start doing prison workouts but I don't know if anything will come of it.

Nothing officially diagnosed. Self diagnosis reveals many illnesses which I need to get checked out, but I can't really be arsed with it.
The community in general is fine but I will admit that we can appear harsh - especially on cgl - and the anonymous climate certainly leads to a lot of asshats posting shit they should not be posting, and people jumping on the bandwagon for lulz. I hate this atmosphere but for the most part people are reasonably courteous. Would not say the comm is toxic, just a lot of assholes running around who assume that if anyone disagrees with them it is a noob, white knight or samefag.

>> No.8285524

I don't know, seems to go by body measurements. I'm tall so I can get away with being larger than a petite person.

I have been counting calories lately because I've gained weight over the past year, and I intend to join the gym but I'm a very lazy person who walks everywhere.

No.

I think for young and impressionable girls, the mindset of the community might get to them. I think everyone should adapt a healthy lifestyle however and do the best they can for their bodies and health. I don't think appearances matter as much as the community might obsess over it.