[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 110 KB, 495x499, 9876532.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8271837 No.8271837 [Reply] [Original]

Couldn't find one in the catalog. Time to feel fellow seagulls.

>> No.8271859

>tfw your friends are all planning a cosplay group and you're the only one not involved

>> No.8271870

>tfw you were supposed to be productive and clean so you could actually make something
>spending the day binge watching a show that's 777+ episodes long even though you will never catch up

Help me. It's taken over my life.

>> No.8271873

>missed the last three meet ups due to work/Uni

>cherry blossom festival this weekend, I finally have time
>none of my friends interested in seeing the cherry blossoms
>g-guess I'll be a lone weeaboo then

>doodled some stuff, working on some new pieces
>none of my friends are into art
>don't want to shove it in their face and come off as annoying and fishing for compliments
>m-maybe I'll upload it on tumblr to get some notes to make me feel better

I just feel so alone right now. All my friends are busy, I barely even see them, and with many of them I can't even share my hobbies or something that makes me happy, like that I bought a new dress, watched some stupid animu or drew something I actually liked.

>> No.8271888

>>8271859
>tfw you don't have to deal with the cosplay group drama as they dont make it in time or they look like shit
anon plz, this way you can concentrade on your own costume

>> No.8271898

>>8271873
>>doodled some stuff, working on some new pieces
>>none of my friends are into art
>>don't want to shove it in their face and come off as annoying and fishing for compliments

Jesus Christ, anon. Are you me? I don't really have friends where I live. The only person I have any consistent contact with outside of my coworkers is my fiance and I don't like to constantly babble to her for fear of being annoying. I've dug myself into a non productive depression instead.

>> No.8271906
File: 328 KB, 1000x602, fuck u.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>slightly tan girl wearing a bindi
>"why are you wearing a bindi"
>WHY DOES IT FUCKIN MATTER
>"i just wanna know if you're using it inappropriately"
>FUCK YOU ITS NOT A BINDI IM NOT CULTURALLY APPROPRIATING
>"I didn't accuse you of appropriating I just wanted to know"
>YOU SJW CUNTS RUIN EVERYTHING IM ALLOWED TO WEAR A BINDI I WEAR BINDIS
>she's not wearing a real bindi in any of her other videos, some videos shes not even wearing anything there
>mfw

bitch calm your tits.

>> No.8271920

>>8271898
>Jesus Christ, anon. Are you me? I don't really have friends where I live. The only person I have any consistent contact with outside of my coworkers is my fiance and I don't like to constantly babble to her for fear of being annoying. I've dug myself into a non productive depression instead.
I do have a few friends, but most of them live in another city or even state now.
I feel like such an attention whore because I really, really want some feedback and maybe some admiration and maybe someone patting me on the back and saying "Well done Anon you're so talented!" or something to make me feel better about myself.

Probably because the rest of my life is a mess which is why I want some attention in the only parts of my life I don't fail (Lolita, watching animu, drawing animu).

Also
>tfw no bf
I've been single for over two years so yeah, not even a significant other to annoy.

>> No.8271937

>>8271906
>>>"i just wanna know if you're using it inappropriately"
wtf anon calm down. who cares if she just likes how it looks. you really do sound sjw

>> No.8271942

>>8271906
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anjali-joshi/why-a-bindi-is-not-an-exa_b_5150693.html

>> No.8271944

Spent too much on myself this month, I feel guilty whenever I buy stuff for myself.

>> No.8271968

>>8271920
I understand the feeling, anon. I've gotten myself into one deep rut, and even though I've got ideas, I have no real sounding board. My fiance's getting pissed at me because I don't talk to her, but since I don't have much more to talk about aside from the abundance of plotlines that I'm doing absolutely nothing with, I clam up because I don't want her to get bored listening to me (this is psychotic, I know, but this is where I am right now). She's more concerned with day to day life and how to stay afloat. Adult stuff. I'm concerned with the complete mythology my subconscious dropped on me and what I do with it - but fuck that because adult life dictates that I need to go to my job and make the moneys to live. My days off I just sleep and dick around on the Internet all day, trying to forget that I've got to work the next day. It's a ridiculous cycle, but here I am.

That's not very helpful to you, anon, I'm sorry. Just take solace in not being alone, I suppose. I wish you the best on getting tumblr notes.

>> No.8271984

>>8271968
Nah, you sound more adult than me. Still living with my parents (no money to move out) while all of my friends moved away or together with their SO. I can't get shit done for Uni, need at least 1-2 additional semesters, and on my days off I dick around the Internet all day so that I don't have to think about Uni and my horrible future. Due to my schedule I don't even have time for my job anymore, so I can't even compensate with shopping.

So putting together coords and drawing are the only things I'm kinda proud of and that no one irl cares about. At least I can bitch on an anonymous image board...

>I wish you the best on getting tumblr notes.
Thanks! Even though it probably won't happen, I don't have a specific art blog and my main blog has less than 100 followers... But it's better than nothing I suppose.
>tfw you're so pathetic that your self worth starts to depend on dumblr-notes

>> No.8272005

>>8271968
>>8271984
It's weird how strongly I relate to you two.
You with your own mythology and world you've been working on and how it's been going nowhere despite wanting to.
And you still living at home and being a rut with your art despite wanting to do more.

I've actually been working on making progress in these areas though, even if it's never going to be good enough.
I'm not saying take this as advice, just that it's what I've been doing, but the only way I've gotten shit done is doing it.
Like, the whole anxiety and procrastination thing, I know I at least overthink it, don't know the root of your problems since I'm not you. But that's why I'm so anxious about doing stuff and put off even doing things I like, even the ones that take zero effort like just watching something.
And the only way I've actually managed to accomplish anything is just going for it.

/cgl/ related feels, my Dad bought a 3D printer and now I'm thinking of making an elaborate cosplay since the finer details I can just print.

>> No.8272011

>>8271984
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I graduated from college years ago, but got two associate degrees (since I only went to a community college) and I have no bachelor's, so I'm stuck working retail unless something miraculous happens ie. I get off my ass and do something.

I don't even have 50 followers on my tumblr because I'm old and irrelevant.

So I suppose view me as a cautionary tale, anon. Keep doing what makes you happy, regardless of what irl people may think of it.

>> No.8272035

>>8272005
>>8272005
>Like, the whole anxiety and procrastination thing, I know I at least overthink it, don't know the root of your problems since I'm not you. But that's why I'm so anxious about doing stuff and put off even doing things I like, even the ones that take zero effort like just watching something.

>>8271968 anon here and this. This is what happens. I overthink it, anxiety and the fear of failure get in the way and make me think I'm unable to take on the task I have assigned myself. It's a miracle I've managed to put together the few cosplays I've done. The anxiety gets so bad I do nothing. So everything festers, it all starts to rot in my brain and I lose focus.

>> No.8272043

>>8272005
>But that's why I'm so anxious about doing stuff and put off even doing things I like, even the ones that take zero effort like just watching something.
>And the only way I've actually managed to accomplish anything is just going for it.
I can relate so, so much Anon. I currently try to take this advice, but it's a struggle. I'll keep trying and hope for the best though. Thanks for reminding me of that!

>>8272011
If I ever get my bachelor it's probably gonna be useless anyway unless I make a Master in a specific field. Right now I just don't even know what I want to do with my life so I have even less motivation to get my ass up and finish Uni.

>Keep doing what makes you happy, regardless of what irl people may think of it.
I'm glad there even ARE things that make me happy again. When I started Uni 2 years ago I got pretty depressed and hated absolutley everything; nothing could really get through the thick cloud of self pity and misery. So now that I finally manage to feel some happiness and feel good for accomplishing small things I'm sure as hell gonna keep doing that no matter what.

>>8272035
Same here Anon. As said I try to follow the advice but if it was that easy we'd all never procastinate ever anymore. It's much mor edifficult than "just doing it". Sadly most normal people irl have a hard time understanding this.

>> No.8272071

>>8272035
The way I've done it is putting myself in situations where working is the only option or preferable to what I'm in.
Things like going to the library to get my assignments done or some public place to riddle myself with anxiety and cope by catharsis of drawing.
Entertainment media isn't as hard to do though, games are usually because I doubt my ability to handle something and just have to remind myself I'm actually pretty good at these.
Watching anime and or any series is just a matter of finding a chunk of time when I want to.

One easy thing though that will actually help you I've found is to never multitask.
That includes just listening to music, anything lyrical or attention grabbing at least.
You get a lot more done if you actually focus like your brain is hardwired to.

>> No.8272096

>>8271873
I'm kind of in a similar position, but different as a lot of my friends are into animu. We all draw. Except my friends are super well known on tumblr and I am not because I have a fear of posting things because they don't look good as my friends' works. I just feel like I'm falling farther and farther behind in terms of skill and fame (we're all in art school and tumblr is actually relevant) and I'm super worried that by the time we come out I'll still just be nobody and that I went to school for nothing.

I feel alone in that though we do share fandoms, I'm only really into them on the surface whereas they're super into the series they like. I find it hard to like a lot of the things they're into 100%, and I'm really just super into lolita as I have been before I met them.

Thing is though because of that I feel very alone because no one I know in real life is a lolita and I'm too afraid of telling my friends I like frilly things in fear of them judging me for it. Drawing frilly things, even. Though that's what I want to do in the long run.

>> No.8272114

>>8272096
>We all draw. Except my friends are super well known on tumblr and I am not because I have a fear of posting things because they don't look good as my friends' works. I just feel like I'm falling farther and farther behind in terms of skill and fame (we're all in art school and tumblr is actually relevant) and I'm super worried that by the time we come out I'll still just be nobody and that I went to school for nothing.
I can relate to that on some level (too spaghetti to post on tumblr), but don't overthink it Anon. Just post your stuff and be done with it. The rest will follow. If you're good and draw either something popular or cater to a specific audience you'll be big in no time. If you doubt me, go to some fanart tags, see what shitty things get notes. You can do it to.

>>8272096
>Thing is though because of that I feel very alone because no one I know in real life is a lolita and I'm too afraid of telling my friends I like frilly things in fear of them judging me for it.
I always though art students were a bit more accepting towards alternative fashion?
Just tell them you like to dress frilly and that it's part of expressing your creativity. Start with something casual to get them used to it, and I'm sure with some time they won't mind it at all. If they absolutley can't handle you wearing a cute frilly dress then they suck anyway.

>> No.8272116

>>8271837

>birthday is coming up
>there's a few things i would like to ask for
>mostly cheap accessories, a pair of shoes, maybe a new video game or bodyline dress
>too nervous to bring it up with friends or mom because i don't want to seem selfish
>resolves to just spend 21st birthday alone, getting drunk and watching futurama

and some /cgl/ related feels
>planning obscure cosplays with roommate
>really fucking excited because we love this manga a lot, even though no one will recognize us
>the only issue we're having is trying to make realistic looking knives without them being too realistic so i don't get in trouble at cons
>we also have to make a lot of them
>but otherwise, happy about my first stress free cosplay of the year

>> No.8272123

>>8271888

this. how do you politely tell people you don't want to be in their group??

>I can never get to my own costumes
>half the group is great and the other half is frankly not very good. if it's a low skill show I'm totally fine to join, and we can help and nudge the less skilled along
>sometimes I just don't have the patience

>> No.8272127

>>8272096
Your friends sound like fair weather friends.
Also why aren't you just going to art school because you want to study art?
You should be well aware that artist is not a solid money making career.

>> No.8272128

>>8272116
>>resolves to just spend 21st birthday alone, getting drunk and watching futurama
Why didn't they ask you if you want anything for your birthday? I think it's a bit impolite they didn't even ask if you are celebrating of if they could give you a small present.
Maybe next time just casually invite them for a night our or movies or whatever on your birthday and maybe you'll get some presents. Just mention it between the lines.

What are you cosplaying Anon? Sounds pretty amazing!

>> No.8272140

>>8272123
I usually go with "I have a budget and I wanted to concentrade on my dream cosplays because I can finally get around to it! Sorry guys, maybe another time when I'm not poor and busy."
It always works and they totally understand because themselves has dream cosplays that when they get around to it, they don't want people to bother them.

>> No.8272147

>>8272116
Once you are an adult, many people frown on requesting gifts for your birthday, I would just ask some friends out. Who knows, maybe as a nice gesture maybe they'll pick up the tab or something, but I would expect some quality time with them, celebrating, not presents, at that age (not trying to call you a babby, just explaining where your nerves might be coming from or why they might see it as a bit selfish).

>> No.8272188
File: 111 KB, 400x400, 54646409.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>nobody makes aspheric circle lenses, boo
>watch makeup tutorial after makeup tutorial for larger eyes
>90% of their "Step 1"s are putting in circle lenses

>> No.8272246
File: 299 KB, 448x256, 1355130982830.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I've recently realized just how lonely I am
>the only two friends I have are much too busy with their own lives to care much about my silly interests and hobbies
>Which means I have no one to go to cons with or even just chat about anime and cosplay
>Plus my anxiety and depression are just making everything worse

I know that I should just suck it up but right now all I want to do is crawl into bed and cry.

>> No.8272247

>>8272128
I was actually supposed to go out with my roommate and one of our mutual friends. But that friend is being weird and keeps avoiding us, so it's probably not going to happen. And most of my other friends are too busy. shrugs It doesn't bother me too much; I'm used to it.

And it's a manga called Hell's Kitchen! I was slightly disappointed it wasn't a manga about Gordan Ramsey haha, but it's really good!

>>8272147
Honestly, that's why I'm so nervous and upset. I know I shouldn't be asking for anything at my age, but sometimes I just want someone else to buy something for me. Which is pretty bitchy and selfish of me? But I'd be happy with a card at the very least.

>> No.8272268

>tfw studying hard at the library today
>can't be seagullin or 4channing
>actually get some shit done
>fuckit there's no one else I'm going home because it's creepy
>get home
>4channnnnn omg i missed you bby

Well, who knows if this report will get done tonight.

Just sayin, I missed you seagulls.

>> No.8272271

>>8272246
Anon, I feel you so hard. I have a few cosplay friends but they're all far off and nobody in the immediate area seems interested in that type of thing, so I've become a shut in and very lonely.

>> No.8272274

>>8272147

>tfw bf asks what I want for my birthday
>take total advantage of it
>I'm 24

.... oops?

>> No.8272289

>>8271837
>move in with bf
>it's great for like 3 months
>happy as ever, couldn't be better
>he punches me in the face during a heated arguement
>I left him immediately but all my shit is there
>worried he's going to trash all my dresses

i really don't want to go back there but i have hundreds of dollars worth of items sitting at his apartment

>> No.8272333

>>8272274
Sounds like you haven't matured much since being a child

>> No.8272337

>>8272333

My mom and dad still buy each other shit for their birthdays, what are you smoking?

>> No.8272340

>>8272246

>have only one friend
>gets my humor
>is also depressive and introverted
>entered fuckbuddy status with no feels on either side
>has fuckweird taste in music/shows, opposite of but equally weird to mine

I'm pretty lucky I guess, although we only hang out twice a year due to distance.

>>8272289

Holy shit. I used to have an abusive bf. Don't take him back no matter what he says. Once you go back, it'll get worse.

The dresses you can replace, your face not so easily. Go there with a male relative or friend, or call the police and request an intermediary while you extract your belongings (I did that when moving out from a psychotic landlord's house.) Do not go alone.

>> No.8272352

>>8272289
Get a friend or two to come with you when you go get your shit ASAP. Or the cops. I'm so sorry, anon.

>> No.8272353

>bought cute shorts
>wore them under a sundress
>keep riding up into a wedgie constantly
>will re-wedgie after a minute or two of walking

G-guess I can't wear shorts. The shorts were up so far that my panties showed from my asscheeks. Thank the gods for that dress to cover my shame. I didn't think I was fat?

>> No.8272357

>>8272337
Anon never gets asked what they want for their birthday so they're being bitter and telling themselves it's due to adulthood.

>> No.8272359

>have no friends even though you repeatedly post stuff on all social media relating to things people like
>put skype on cgl and no-one adds me

;_;

>> No.8272376

>>8272337
Oh so your boyfriend takes just as much advantage on his birthday and you spend just as much on him

>> No.8272380

>>8272376

No biggie since we both have good jobs :^)

>> No.8272397

>>8272359
why don't you try adding/emailing other people?

>> No.8272442

>>8272246
>>8272271
All the more reason to attend conventions.
How else are the shut ins supposed to have fun together?

>> No.8272449

>>8272380
Ah, the shitpost face.
The gesture of an Anon who knows they've lost an argument.

>> No.8272451

>Cosplay friends all doing stuff without you.
>Normie friends all doing stuff without you.

It’s not that no one is talking to me, plenty of them talk to me, they usually are asking me for things though. It’s just I’m feeling so petty and jealous over their closer friendships, but it would be pathetic and sad to admit to feeling so alone whilst being part of a large social circle when I know there are people who are truly on their own. It would probably come across as attention seeking.

>> No.8272463

>>8272451
same here anon.. people only talk to me when they need something (omg hey i haven't talked to you in the last six years but can you like draw a tatt for like, free?). Im hoping to join a lolita comm but.. I don't know if its gonna end up like all of my other friendships.

>> No.8272466

>>8272353
What's your weight and height?

>> No.8272473
File: 806 KB, 1355x1200, vincent resize.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8272451
>>8272442
>>8272359
>>8272442

Ok so clearly we all need to be bros.
@sam_dowse

Anyone 'lonely' or whatever please add me, I'll add you back and comment on your shit telling you you're pretty and we'll form beautiful friendships.

Pic related is me in cosplay btw, I'll be a good oniichan to you.

>> No.8272478

>>8272449

I'm sorry your dad lied to you about adulthood before he left with another woman. Adults do give each other presents.

>> No.8272509

>>8272247
Eh, I'd say it's human nature? As long as you're aware and understanding if they'd rather spend time with you instead of buying things, especially if you have a larger social circle. Might not
hurt to ask a close friend or SO, though.

>>8272274
Offering is very different than asking generally for birthday gifts or expecting them though. I wouldn't call that taking advantage or immaturity at all, Anon, you're fine.

>> No.8272528

>>8272478
Yeah they do.

But what they don't do is "totally take advantage" of it every year to get a bunch of free material goods and act like a spoiled child all day.

>> No.8272534

>>8272473

Holy shit I'm a dumbass.
That's my instagram btw. That's what I was getting at.

>> No.8272540

>>8272271
I guess it's just a little hard to go out and about when you don't really have anyone to do it with. Well, I hope you find someone in your area to hang out with, Anon.

>>8272340
That's pretty cool, Anon, hopefully you guys continue to be friends despite the distance.

>>8272442
I would love to attend more cons but it's hard to go alone when you're as socially anxious as I am. I can't even order food with out having a mini panic attack.

>> No.8272596

>>8271873
>cherry blossom festival this weekend
Do you by any chance live in NYC? I'm also attending the festival this weekend on Saturday.

>> No.8272608

>>8272540
I know how you feel Anon, like I said earlier, the only way to overcome it is to actually overcome it.
Sometimes that means forcing yourself into unpleasant situations because you know it's the only way to get anything done.

>>8272478
Rude.

>> No.8272624

>busted my ass off for over a year trying to lose weight
>managed to lose about 60 pounds
>feeling pretty good
>want to do a midriff bearing cosplay
>one problem
>i have PCOS, so i'm really hairy everywhere, especially my stomach
>it's not a happy trail, it's a happy field
>waxing is out of the question, shaving doesn't do much, and laser is too expensive
>i-i guess i'll just continue wearing cosplays that hide my body

>> No.8272640

>>8272608
Yeah, I completely understand that. Maybe when this year's NDK rolls around I'll have enough courage to overcome the anxiety. It just feels like an impossible mountain at the moment.

>> No.8272641

>go to a fit interview
>got a high score; sudden call about a 2nd interview and they can only schedule it within that afternoon (even though I'm practically free all week)
>get all dressed to the nines; hiring manager barely asks me questions and sends me off to a different manager to be interviewed by
>q&a session with this guy, but somehow, I'm offered a much different position than the one I applied for
>applied for banquet setup and being asked to be a busser
>wtfman

I have until Friday to get a call from him and to make up my mind, and I've left a voicemail to the HR specialist who've arranged my interviews. I understand the whole working my way up ordeal, but I feel kind of cheated on and honestly, I'm not sure if it's worth the commute. If I wanted to apply to bus tables, I'd rather do it much closer to home - hell, I already do that at my other job (even though I'm specialized in other areas).

I seriously hope that I hear back from someone else about an internship I've been looking into.

Right now, I'm just feeling really impatient about finding a better job. I don't think I'm beneath this line of work, but I'm certainly over minimum wage. I wish I knew what the best way to finding one is because being over-educated certainly doesn't seem to be.

>cgl related:
loan repayment month is getting close and I want to afford to pay it off and still enjoy my dumb weeby hobbies (let alone a life). I can't even think about taking days of for cons or meets when my hours are already getting cut.

>> No.8272656

>>8272624
you can do tight form fitting cosplays, they're really attractive on fit people!

>> No.8272661
File: 125 KB, 640x640, qurl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8272641
acgh. I just got an email for a different job I applied for since January and they FINALLY emailed me back saying that they've considered someone else for the position.

>mfw

>> No.8272674

>>8272624
Laser is not too expensive. There are deals everywhere! I'm trying to save up for a $600 package on groupon.

>> No.8272689

>>8272640
NDK?
Is that Nan Desu Kan?
Or is it like MDK's?

Either way start small, I'm not saying you should put yourself in some public speaking situation.
I started by actually not ditching my friends whenever I was invited to things, just do something you know you like you're putting off.

>> No.8272705
File: 179 KB, 720x720, 1371749992243.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have bf
>ldr
>he asked me out
>find out a few weeks later he cheated on me with his ex
>feel crushed because, well, he asked me out and all
>decide to stay with him because I genuinely like him
>find out the same ex has been messaging him and insulting/threatening him for a while
>don't want to be one of those "jealous gfs" and tell him it's really none of my business just block her
>he blocks her on some platforms but not others
>mfw even though he says he's "done" with her because she has some psychological problems he feels bad and still talks to her.
>mfw she's fucking crazy and doesn't understand he doesn't want to be with her (it's been weeks...)

What the fuck do I even do. I don't want to break up with him but yet I SERIOUSLY think that maybe messaging you ex, the same one you cheated on me with, is not that great of an idea either.
On one hand, I don't want to be dictating who he can and cannot speak to but on the other I feel upset that it's her in particular that he's talking to.

I have low self esteem so sometimes I feel like I deserve all of this which is why I don't bring it up.

cgl related:
I'm going to a small local con this weekend with my friend and I'm pretty happy about it (since I'm always alone).

>> No.8272712

>>8272705
He cheated on you, you have every right to dictate whom he can speak to
That said, don't - he sounds as crazy as her.

>> No.8272723
File: 73 KB, 300x168, why.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8272705
>bf cheats
>not dropping his ass like a hot iron
>willing to live in a relationship like this
>2015

Seriously, you don't want to be the "jealous gf"? This is completely your business. What would you say to a friend if she was experiencing the exact same thing?

>> No.8272734

Why is it so difficult for seacunts to recognize sarcasm?
>tfw cgl is the easiest board to troll

>> No.8272751

>>8272723
I think I'm going to ask him not to speak to his ex anymore. I'm always worried that I might be overreacting but I guess because of that I end up not reacting at all.

I try really hard to avoid arguments and to be civil because I hate fighting.

I just really want someone to be there for me. I don't ask for much since I just want someone who likes to spend time with me and listens to me.

>> No.8272756

>>8272734
Women have big egos but small minds. Of course a board filled with them would be easy to troll.

>> No.8272757
File: 326 KB, 480x270, 789769755.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be last semester before I drop out
>join a STEM club
>become friends with president
>I help her out with duties when schoolwork got too much
>basically do almost half the work since all other officers were MIA
>advise her on life and the club
>she looks at me like I know everything
>feelsgood.jpg
>she asks that I still be involved even when I drop out
>I agree since I want to help this club be successful
>I'm also friends with the faculty advisor
>she sees how hard I worked and likes me a lot
>get invited to important fancy STEM dinner tomorrow

/cgl/-related:
>haven't bought a useless thing from the internet in months
>super proud of breaking my shopping addiction
>got a job
>starting to save 200 per month
>will increase to 350 once summer hours arrive
>will finally have money to splurge on wants
>realize that I don't really want any weeb/lolita/cosplay shit now anyway
>dreaming more about stuff I need like a new computer
>mfw

>> No.8272763

>>8272751
Definitely tell him to stop speaking to that ex and explain your reasoning for wanting him to stop.

Don't let him walk all over you and get away with shit like this just because you don't want to fight. If you do then you'll end up resenting him.

>> No.8272780

>>8272751
Listen to me. Asking him not to speak to her? That is the most timid, whipped response I've seen in a while. You have to break up with him. What I was saying is that are you willing to spend your life with a cheater? Think about the trap you'll fall into if you end up marrying this guy. You'll end up being the girl that people pity because of her asshole husband.

I felt that way too, that sometimes I'm overreacting, but I've come to realize that relationships are 50/50. I have to assert myself or I'll get walked on. Sometimes my bf does stupid shit and he needs someone (see: me) to call him out on it. Your bf didn't just do stupid shit, he stuck his dick into another girl and you're still with him and am afraid to speak to him about it.

>> No.8272797

>>8272705
Poor guy. Can't stop talking to his crazy ex girlfriend or else she'll probably say he raped her and have his life destroyed, and now new girlfriend might do the same if he doesn't stop talking to her. Truly a rock and a hard place.

>> No.8272806

>>8272705

Please break up with him. It sounds like he doesn't respect your relationship with him at all considering that he cheated on you a few weeks later.

>> No.8272813

>>8272705
Sweetheart that's how my last relationship went, except it wasn't LDR and we lived about 5mins from each other. He strung me and two other girls along for a year or two, insisting the other was the "crazy ex who won't leave (him) alone" and "look, I even blocked her on twitter!"
Dump. Him. I've been there and I am telling you 100% DUMP HIM. I didn't want to dump my cheating bf at the time because I was convinced I loved him since we'd dated so long and he was the first guy I was intimate with.
It took me way too long to realize "once a cheater, always a cheater" is true. You found out about this ONE time they've had sex. Who's to say they didn't fuck every day for a week before you found out about the one time he put his dick in her? He's going to do this over and over and even if you don't wanna dump him, for the love of god please dump him, you deserve so much better than someone who cheats.
I dumped mine and now I've got a wonderful man in my life who doesn't cheat and treats me a million times better than the ex ever did.

Do yourself a favor and please get that scum out of your life.

>> No.8272822

>>8272734
i guess you haven't tried r9k yet
all you have to do is make a post and say you're a girl it works everytime

>> No.8272824
File: 582 KB, 500x183, tumblr_inline_mgdre2wzSN1r2cj0r.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My friends gifted me a few lolita dresses that they said didn't fit or didn't look good on them. I was obviously pretty excited because I'm saving up for a few main pieces and only have a few little accessories here and there.

Well, they gifted me the ugliest, most ita dresses I have ever seen. The only decent one in the bunch was Bodyline's antique clock OP. They were so happy, because "bby's first lolita!!!" and they expect me to come to a meet with them soon. But I can't wear these dresses in public. I was mortified enough just trying them on.

I want to think their hearts were in the right place, but there's a part of me that thinks they're doing this to make themselves look better. They both have closets full of brand and were willing to let me borrow anything I wanted until I expressed interest in wanting to go to a meet in the future. I don't want to hurt their feelings, because I really do love them, but I really, really don't want to wear anything they gave me. I could make due with Antique Clock, but I'd have to buy things to coord with it but I feel it'd be a waste because I probably wouldn't wear it again. I don't know what to do.

>> No.8272825

>>8272624
buy a giant pack of cheap disposable razors and use a few to whack the hair down and then go over with a fresh one to get all the hairs. if shaving isn't doing much you're doing it wrong

>> No.8272831

>>8272705
Also another note, my ex called the other girls insane, crazy bitch whores behind their backs and did the same about me to them. He told me so many stories of the other girls, that they were suicidal and self harmed if he stopped talking to them for more than a day... Turns out he was a liar. He was trying to get me to believe they were crazy so I wouldn't believe a word they said to me and his lies and cheating would go unnoticed.
Do. Not. Date guys who insist on talking to the ex because they "feel bad" about their breakup. If they feel guilty for their "breakup" then he wants her still and you don't need that in your life.

>> No.8272841

>>8271837
Had an entrance exam on my birthday. That wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that the staff in that school were absolute snooty cunts.
One guy snatched my ID from my hands and started comparing me to the picture, an interviewer impatiently clicked his pen and rolled his eyes whenever I was speaking, a few girls stopped to laugh at me, I don't know what I've done wrong.
I was hoping people would be more polite, they behaved like they don't WANT new students in their school but have to accept some.
I hoped it'd be a fun experience, now it's my last resort choice in case I don't manage to get in anywhere else.

>> No.8272842

>>8272824
"Sorry, I don't think these are my style." Or something like, "I want to earn my dresses, I'll feel better that way!"

Good luck, anon-chan. I hope they don't become huge bitches because you won't accept their garbage.

>> No.8272850
File: 961 KB, 500x250, determination.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8272689
Yep, Nan Desu Kan.
I'll definitely work on it. I've got to get through this block of depression and anxiety somehow, right? Thanks for the words of encouragement, Anon.

>> No.8272925

>tfw youre nice to weebs who are friends of friends because you cant bear to be mean
>tfw they think youre best friends and wont stop messaging you
>tfw they try to flirt and are horrible at it as well as unattractive

Kill me. Kill me right now. I can't even escape them because they hang around with some friends I meet up with and I don't want to be dismissive or rude. I'm completely disinterested in dating but this happens all the time.

>> No.8272951

>>8272925
There was someone I didn't want to be friends with anymore so I stopped messaging her or hadn't opened her FB message (it will never say "Seen at"). She hasn't tried again in weeks now.

>> No.8273031

>>8272951
I've tried that. A lot. They keep sending messages and I can't just unfriend them or they'll tell my other friends.
I wish I had the guts to tell people they're annoying.

>> No.8273103

>>8273031
So what, let them send messages. Just don't ever reply and they'll get the hint eventually.

>> No.8273123
File: 114 KB, 473x508, mfw imagining a cgl orchestra.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who play the violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, bassoon, oboe, piano, keyboard, harp, sax, trumpet, trombone, drums or guitar
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who sing
>mfw lolitas and cosplayers who can DJ

You are the best. Just letting you know.

>> No.8273124

>>8273031
How is this an issue? Are they threatening to kill your whole family if you don't read their messages? Are they going to bomb a school because you ignore them? Are you afraid of wet willies the next time you meet because you're too much of a baby to not, not click something? What life-altering event is going take place if you stop humoring them?

>> No.8273129

>>8273123
I play the violin and sing. b-be my qt lesbian lolita girlfriend please?

>> No.8273137

>>8273123
>today I learned I am the best
Cello master race here.
>tfw crossplayed as Shinji once and will eventually do it again and play cello in costume
>tfw sister cosplays Asuka and plays the violin

>> No.8273140

>>8271837

>left comm due to unusually hostile personality of another girl
>realize that she's listed on lacemarket's top scammers list
>she got both her account and her boyfriend banned
>basically buys a bunch of shit and doesnt pay
>found her current lacemarket, bought a 400 dollar dress and didn't pay
>glad to know this person is just a piece of shit and it isn't just me who did something on accident

>> No.8273156

>>8273123
i swear you've posted this on multiple occasions
why

>> No.8273190
File: 92 KB, 430x422, mfw a voice is the most natural and beautiful instrument of all.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8273156

Because every few times I post it someone adds a new instrument. I love that /cgl/ has so many musical lolitas and I REALLY want to let them know that performing in lolita is so cool.

>>8273137

>Crossplaying
>Coordinated violin / cello performance

I never knew I wanted this.

>>8273129

I'm a guy but I'm sure you'll find a qt musical lolita to love.

>> No.8273199

>>8273124
Have you really never had the feeling of simply not wanting to interact with someone in public because it's awkward? Chill out. I just don't like them but don't want to hurt their feelings and make things weird.

>> No.8273210

>>8272114
>I always though art students were a bit more accepting towards alternative fashion?
I guess so, I might just be over thinking things. My group of friends are really into shounen and sports anime so definitely no frills there. Also they're more on the nerdy side than say fashionable so I'm just worried that I'll stick out like a sore thumb.

>>8272127
>You should be well aware that artist is not a solid money making career.
Yeah I knew that, I really like drawing regardless, that's why I went into art. Actually typing out these posts have really made me rethink a lot of things.

Its a little bit like therapy, thank you gulls for replying so I can have a little more perspective on my issue.
>>8272114
>Just post your stuff and be done with it. The rest will follow.
I think the main thing is I need to be brave and stop dawdling with decisions and do what makes me happy without over thinking about other people's (potential) reactions to what I like.

>> No.8273211

>>8273199
Of course I have, so I don't understand what's so difficult about not answering their messages is. Don't do or post anything, then if they ask, you can say that you haven't had the time.

>> No.8273392

>>8272850
No problem man.

>> No.8273410

>>8272705
you gotta listen to what the gulls are telling you man like >>8272780
I just don't get this kind of shit, what's so fucking hard about just NOT fucking someone?
Regardless, he honestly strikes me as one of those people who'd not only do this kind of shit to someone, but then get furious if it happened to them.

A relationship has its issues, sure, but it's a story that unfolds between two authors. Being difficult to work through because you care about each other isn't the same as fucking your ex.

>> No.8273414
File: 3 KB, 109x125, tumblr_inline_n43atjQegd1sat918.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8273210
no problem Anon.
sometimes you just need to talk about it

>> No.8273433

>>8272188
>yfw they make toric circle lenses
>they just cost an arm and a leg

>> No.8273434

>>8272289
>call police
>ask for escort to collect your things
>if they're trashed file a report then and there
>take his ass to court

>> No.8273436

>>8272353
The shorts probably just didn't fit you right, why would you assume that because one specific pair didn't fit they're all not going to work?

Try a different cut, a different material, something. I weigh 98 lbs and I own a few pairs of shorts that ride up so bad they make my vagoo hurt if I actually wear them. It's not you, it's the shorts.

>> No.8273445

>>8272705
>ldr
>he asked me out
>find out a few weeks later he cheated on me with his ex

did you two ever even meet? A few weeks after your LDR boyfriend asked you out you found out he cheated on you

This sounds like a bunch of 14-year-old bullshit drama.

Fuck him. Figuratively. Dump his stupid ass and never look back. LDRs don't work out if both parties aren't fully committed, and he obviously isn't.

>> No.8273452

>tfw moving to a new city and transfering universities.
>Know no one there but family I'll be living with.
>Even if I make friends I can't invite them over. No car either.
>Very extroverted, have a large group of close friends where I currently live.
>Getting into otome, focusing on buying/sewing a wardrobe.
>Basically my escape.
>Even if I'm lonely I'll look cute.

I'm not bad at making friends I just don't think it's likely with my new living situation. It's a shame because there are several big cons in that city.

>> No.8273458

>>8271906
bitch calm the fuck down i read that whole comment thread on youtube. you're a ignorant cunt claiming to be a gypsy cause you wanna fit in. go fuck yourself.

>> No.8273467

>>8271906
Bindi is fashion. You're making us look bad, shut up and never utter another word again. Do you tell Chinese people not to eat burgers?

>> No.8273469

>>8271906

Aaaand people wonder why /cgl/ is going downhill.

>> No.8273517

My roommate likes to ignore me basically every time I open my mouth.

I ask him what he wants for dinner. "Huh, what? I wasn't paying attention". Ask him again. "What was that? Sorry, I was distracted". Eventually I'll just give up. Then he gets upset, and I tell him straight up that he was ignoring me and it's not my fault. He does all. the. fucking. time. I didn't think much at first, but now I just think he's doing it on purpose.

In other news, my aunt is sending me money for no reason??? And I'm going to save it until this summer and then spend it all on burando when I road trip up to San Fran. Excited as fuck lemme tell you.

>> No.8273520

>>8273445
>LDRs don't work out if both parties aren't fully committed, and he obviously isn't.

THANK YOU please anon, dump his ass. i was in an LDR for a year and a half and the only reason it ever succeeded was bc we both put in just as much effort.

>> No.8273700

>tfw I found my old fanfic account

Holy shit /cgl/ I'm reading this and like livetweeting it and I'm so embarrassed

But it's kind of making me want to rework some of my old stories. Combined with my current ability to actually write, I might be able to salvage some of it?

>> No.8273706
File: 188 KB, 294x329, 1415695935120.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>21 days to finish a cosplay and 2 complicated props

>> No.8273712

>sewing machine can't handle the shit I'm trying to shove into it at all
>con in 3 weeks
looks like I'm going to be using my ole friends Mr. Tape and Ms. Prayer.

>> No.8273763

>tfw a girl prettier than you in your cosplay comm is going to do a cosplay you're planning to do.
Oh well, I'll have to make it as well done and accurate as possible. (I kind of figured she might do it so I made sure to publicly post my plan asap/before her...I don't want to be that bitch petty about double ups but a little part of me is)

>> No.8273809
File: 40 KB, 475x340, tumblr_mqq9j1V91V1roxn1co1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>a really pretty, really nice chick is friends with a lot of my friends
>i've only met her twice but both times have been so fucking wonderful
>she actually bailed us out of a shitty hotel situation by basically paying for the entirety of our room while also paying for her own
>that is how nice she is
>we cosplay the same character
>our costumes are pretty equal in terms of how they look tbh
>but i just feel so shitty compared to her because she is a literal fucking disney princess i swear to god
>both in looks and personality
>friend cosplays the other half of a popular ship with the character we cosplay
>only wants to cosplay ship with me and not other girl
>ignores group they're both in to cosplay with me instead
>mfw

and i just. ugh i really want to befriend this chick, because she's just so sweet and we have a lot of mutual friends. but i'm nervous because i feel like i'm not worthy enough to be in her presence, let alone be friends. maybe one day i'll get over this anxiety and talk to her haha.

>> No.8273820
File: 659 KB, 570x491, 1346139404461.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8273706
Fellow Acenfag? I've got some major sewing, armor, and a sword to make, I'm probably fucked

>> No.8273897

>>8273820
Anime North, but we're in the same boat

>> No.8273898

> tfw /r9k/ and other shitposters are fucking up the board
> tfw janitors aren't deleting obvious bait threads

I'd rather have a million "my boyfriend' feels posts then this.

>> No.8273910 [DELETED] 

>>8273898
Is it not fun when the opposite gender constantly tries to ruin your fun, acts generally obnoxious and annoying, you aren't able to do anything about it yourself and every authority figure refuses to do anything to stop them? (and they know and take full advantage of it)

Congratulations you now have a tiny inkling of what its like to be a man in our society.

>> No.8273922

>no friends in Ohio ;_;

>you will never be a qt wearing lolita because you are a guy

The stigma is real

>> No.8273928

>>8273910
mmmhmm okay buddy

>> No.8273949

> tfw gained a little weight
> cant fit into some Lolita dresses
> lots of anxiety about going to the gym
Anyone know my feels?

>> No.8273978

> interested in girl in Cosplay comm
> talk everyday for a few weeks on book face.
> meet in person a few times at cosplay meetups

Turns our she's a really shy person

> ask her if she wants to come wig shipping with me before a con
> says yes
> brings sister along
> organizes to help work on Cosplay stuff at my place
> brings her sister along who probably isn't going to be doing anything.

What do. I feel every time I try to make a move her sister will always be there.

>> No.8273983

>>8273949
Gym anxiety is the worst. Just keep going, anon, and eventually you won't give a shit.

P.s., you should start lifting if you haven't. It's a huge ego boost when you can squat more than guys at the gym can lift.

>> No.8273998

>>8272359
Are you me anon? I'm too damn shy to msg people usually and when I do I keep thinking I come across as a total creep
>irl friend gives me advice
>"just compliment them anon!"
>I-I guess I'll tell them that they're cute?
>no replies...ever
>mfw I'm a she-creeper with no online kawaii friends

>> No.8274003
File: 474 KB, 365x205, shakeshakeshake.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>brolita in comm that is really nice
>dresses okay
>sticks to mostly black gothic items
>can't do hair or make-up to save his life
>keeps following trendy make-up tutorials that make him look like a drag queen painted up with melted crayons
>feel bad, because guy is genuinely nice and trying so hard
>try to help at meet-up by offering to do his make-up for next meet-up
>"Oh, that's okay, anon. I think I did pretty well this time!"
>he looked like a toddler after getting into mother's make-up box for the first time
>he always looks like a todler after getting into mother's make-up box for the first time
>tfw I just want to help but know that if I'm more persistent about it, his feelings are going to get hurt

>> No.8274022

>>8273978
She might feel uncomfortable about it and brings her sister on purpose. Girls can usually tell when you're trying to get with them.

>> No.8274039

>>8274003
Oh I know that feel anon. We do have one Brolita with absolutley amazing make up skills in our comm, while the other Brolita - while super nice and usually well-dressed- can neither do his hair nor make up. Sadly I don't know him well enough to offer him to do his make up nor would I be skilled enough with make up to help him out.

I think it's nice that you want to help him ou! But if he doesn't want to there's nothing you can do. If he really tries to learn anything he'll eventually get better one day
Maybe you could ask him what kind of make up tutorial he uses, or offer to send him some tutorials? Disguise it as "Hey Brolita-chan, I saw some make up tutorial that sadly wouldn't look good on me, but I'm sure you'd look lovely with it!" Or try helping him out by not giving him the feeling that you want to do something for him, but maybe say "Hey Brolita-chan I'd love to do your make up, I have so many ideas and want to get more experience with make up by doing other people's make up!" or something like that.

>> No.8274055

>used to play violin a long time ago
>developed a hand tremor, it shakes too much to be natural
>violin playing now sounds like a dying pigeon
>stop playing for a long time

>bf wants to cosplay as kousei and kaori from shigatsu wa kimi wo uso for a cosplay picnic this weekend
>I tell him that if I bring my violin, people will expect me to play it
>he assures me that if I start playing and my hand shakes, it'll be in character anyway
>aw, that's sweet but he just reopened the wounds on my heart from when I saw the last episode
>I'll do my best now

>> No.8274091

>tfw have endo.
>Always see posts in feels thread about gulls with pcos.
> Poor anons pcos does not seem fun at all.
> Really bad abdo pain last couple of weeks, nausea... generally bad time all round.
>Diagnosed with pcos today.
> Where my seagulls at?

I'm really new to this and would appreciate someone to talk to.

>> No.8274092

>>8273123
What about the kazoo, I sold my viola but I have a kazoo.

>> No.8274100

>>8274091
Oh my God anon I'm so sorry for you. I can't imagine what this mus be like.

I have some similar symptoms (hormones fucked up, high testosterone, increased hair growing on face/chin, etc) bit my gyno said it wasn't pcos. But if you need to talk about facial hair removal I'm there for you...

>> No.8274102

>>8274092
I think a banjo would be better anon

>> No.8274110

>>8274100
Thank you for your sympathy anon.

Good to hear you don't have pcos but sad you have hormonal issues and other symptoms. I hope you get it all sorted one day anon. That would be super helpful.

>> No.8274115

> See new dress release
> The print is Van Goghs Starry Night.
> Be an Artist
> Favorite painting now made into print form
> Know it will kinda look a bit Ita.
> Desperately want it anyway.

I'm so torn. Should i still get it? I've never had a dress i've wanted to much in my life before.

>> No.8274121

>>8274115
Dr Who fans ruined starry night for me.

>> No.8274129

>>8274115
What exactly makes it look ita? Is it just cheap trim, or being difficult to coordinate? Lace is easy enough to pick off and a simple coordinate would tone any busyness of the dress down.

Homestly, if you love it but are insecure, buy it and wear it, just don't wear it to meets or label it as lolita if you post photos anywhere.

>> No.8274130
File: 74 KB, 600x899, 11094929_869795833087635_2787549463065269725_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8274115
This is the dress for reference.

>> No.8274136

>>8274129
The print is just busier than most of other Lolita prints. I dunno, i just feel people might be harsh about it.

>> No.8274158

>>8274136
>tfw I now have a new dress to add to my own wish list

I wouldn't worry, it looks beautiful. I think maybe a darker coord would make it stand out less--but I love the design, it feels very Juliette et Justine

>> No.8274183

>>8274158
It reminded me of JeJ myself when i first saw it.

>> No.8274440
File: 18 KB, 320x263, tino3vptyhnsujpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>feeling like I'm at that stage of my life where I can be honest with my mother ( I moved out a few years ago and our relationship got better)
>had most of my facebook posts blocked from her but decide to stop
>post a WIP of a somewhat revealing ( not really) cosplay
>get likes and compliments from friends, figure my mom would be neutral about it
>Iwashorriblywrong
>mom goes on angry rant to my sister that still lives at home
>"And then we wonder why people get raped"
>tells my sister she wants everything down and basically tells her she hopes something bad happens so I learn my lesson
>sister is really shaken up because my mother is a police officer and the realization hits that victim blaming isn't above her. ( we both always thought she wasn't a great mother but at least a decent cop. Guess not...)
>block my mom from my posts again.

I just wanted to have a decent relationship with my mom but it's pretty clear I'm still going to have to lie like a teenager. Great.

>> No.8274550 [DELETED] 

>>8274440
Have you tried not being a disgusting slut? Your mother might respect you, then.

>> No.8274581

>>8274550
too obvious, try again later

>> No.8274584

>Finally have extra money for tons of burando
>Car breaks down this morning

I hope it's nothing major and that it's just the parts I have warranties on so it'll all be covered. Thankfully I won't have to dip into my savings b-but I wanted to get some new pieces this month... Oh well...

>> No.8274591

>>8273156
Because it's a man from r9k and he thinks we care about his fetishes.
>and some gulls are pathetic enough to validate it

>> No.8274611
File: 70 KB, 250x261, kayyyy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bf has been living with me for about 7 months
>doesn't go to school, just works closing shift as a shift manager at pizza hut 5-10 or 5-midnight
>I'm finishing up my master degree, have a job, and have to constantly clean and pick up after bf and slobby male roommate
>I normally get along with both but they're slobby, lazy, and only do shit if they're told to

>woke up this morning at 6am to go to a dumb markdown shift 7am-11
>there's tons of shit to be done around the apartment like trash, dishes, laundry, vacuuming
>we also need to pack because our lease expires next month and we're moving

>come home at 11 and bf is still in bed despite coming home last night at 9pm
>already annoyed that he's still in bed and hasn't attempted any work
>I have class later tonight at 5pm and more final projects, novels to read, and a paper to write after that
>plus work as usual

>go downstairs to eat lunch and go on my laptop
>since bf doesn't have enough dosh for his own car, phone, or laptop I have to share everything with him and give him rides
>I don't mind but fuck me if it doesn't get annoying
>feel like bitching on cgl about him
>can't even do that because he comes down from upstairs, pulls up a chair next to me, and sits there waiting for conversation like a lost puppy
>it's like this almost every day
>he waits for me to relinquish my phone or computer so he can play games or check his facebook
>I just want my own fucking space sometimes, especially when he's been useless all day and I'm irritated

>"So bf, going to go clean up your apartment?"
>"Yeah in a few minutes."
>15 minutes pass and he's still hovering by my side looking at my laptop screen
>"Are you going to get shit done today or not?"
>"I will anon, jeez, I'm just finishing my glass of water."
>another 15 minutes pass
>"Look bf, I'm frustrated because there was stuff to do today and instead you slept in."
>"Gee, sorry, I guess I'll change my actions. Thanks for letting me know.
>he's clearly indignant
(con't)

>> No.8274612

>go on romantic manga binge
>remain unable to identify or control emotions for two weeks

I always do this to myself and I can't stop doing it.

>> No.8274614

>>8274440
Have you tried not having a cunt mom? You might get more respect from someone who's not clearly a dumb bitch.

>> No.8274616

>>8274440
Cops are more likely to "victim blame" than anyone because they usually hear about or see the same stories every day often caused by the same reasons.

>> No.8274621
File: 47 KB, 200x200, kayyyyy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8274611
>I've been so mentally drained from degree finals that I haven't even unpacked my crap from the con we went to over the weekend
>I just want bf to think about how messes add to my stress and clean up without me having to ask
>but that in itself is expecting too much evidently

>notice as bf is sitting he has some sort of hive on his arm
>"Bf, what's that on your arm?"
>"Oh this? It's probably a spider bite. I probably got bit in bed."
>"Hm. Well spiders do like cluttered areas. Maybe if the bedroom had less clutter..."
>as soon as I say 'clutter' he storms upstairs
>can hear him throwing all the laundry into the hamper
>doesn't speak a word to me
>grabs my car keys and heads off to the laundry room next to his apartment
>mfw he's so guilty of not doing shit he acts like I'm the bitch

>> No.8274629

>>8274621
>>8274611
Anon, I was in a similar situation with my bf. Some of his behavior was due to medical issues and he's changed. However if your boyfriend drags you down like that and is more of a burden, write down the pros and cons and start thinking about a breakup. If you're worried about being lonely get a pet.

>> No.8274631

>>8271906
This has gotta be bait. If not, go to tumblr and/or kill yourself.

>> No.8274640

>>8272289
Get a male friend/family member/ect and get your dresses back. Or strong butchy female friend. As long as you have someone who can handle that asshole while you get dresses and shit.

>> No.8274651

>>8272705
Dump him. Seriously, dump him.

>> No.8274670

>>8274614
I guess I just didn't want to admit my mom was that bad. I'm starting to have just nice relationships with my inlaws, my dad, and my older coworkers on an adult level . I was hoping maybe I'd be able to let my mom into my life a bit more but yea, no. fuck her.

>>8274616
I definitely see your point it's just pretty scary to think about . My mom is a HUGE Law and Order SVU fan and I always saw it as a healthy thing because most of the characters get upset with victim blaming.But maybe I read into that too much. Maybe she just likes watching bad TV.

>> No.8274690

>>8274621
tell him to get a job beause then if he's still lazy at least he's contributing and has some cash for his own electronics

>> No.8274694

>>8274690
ohh wait nm he has a job. if working at pizza hut can be called a job.

>> No.8274699

>>8271873
Are you in NYC? I went by myself last year and made many new friends and acquaintances. If you are a lolita watch the Parasol Society show and stick around afterwards to socialize. Also if you are a lolita into art, join the Lolitas and the Arts group on fb.

>> No.8274744
File: 78 KB, 500x695, 54654654545456.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>a lifetime of mental illness due to genetics and shitty upbringing
>still a pretty nice person with a lot to offer, loyal to a fault
>all of my "friends" have been shit heads who use their mental illnesses to excuse themselves from being shitty friends and people, most of them eventually move
>all i've had in common with most of them is the same diagnosis
>no lolitas here, everyone into anime is an annoying weeaboo
>basically no friends left, no one to talk to or do cute things with or share inside jokes with

people are shit. I'll probably be moving in the summer for school depending on where I get accepted so I really hope it's somewhere where people actually have things in common with me. I'm sick of friends who use me and only acknowledge me when it's convenient for them and manipulate me. I'm not bad at dropping people who are shitty but it leaves me bitter and alone and I don't think I'll ever be able to trust people again so even if I move somewhere with a comm I'll probably still hate everyone

>> No.8274786

>>8273124
You'd be surprised how draining this is. It can become really intrusive, especially when you barely know the person and they are messaging you all the time. I've been in situations where people who have been continuously messaged me via one medium have been able to find one of my other social media accounts (i'm not the type of person who posts endless links to them either so I have no idea how they found it) to start messaging me there instead. It's tiring and when you are working all the time while trying to balance studies and your personal life at the same time the constant harassment becomes more than a mere annoyance.

>> No.8274859
File: 392 KB, 1280x800, laughlaugh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>annoying fat bitch joins cosplay group
>cosplays same character as me
>introduced as the amazing cosplayer of that character
>has beef with me cause i'm tall and pretty
>is a cunt to me on all fronts
>disagrees with everything i say, even to the point of sounding like an idiot
>get offered multiple professional photoshoots for the cosplay
>get pictures back
>they look amazing
>only person who hasn't commented on them is her
>comm is sharing them amongst themselves
>tfw i can taste her jelly from here

>> No.8275210

>super excited to craft some accessories for a Tea Party coord
>gather materials
>wait
>where the fuck are my ribbons

Can't find ribbons in the right colour ANYWHERE.
I know I have them somewhere but arghh this is so frustrating.

>> No.8275231

>>8275210
Your ribbons are playing hide and seek. You'll find them again next spring when you don't need them.

>> No.8275263

>>8274859
I feel so much joy through you anon, I can't wait to own a jelly bitch the same way

>> No.8275414

>>8274621
Dump him. You shoudlnt have to act like his mom to get him to do basic chores, and he shouldnt be acting like a teenage brat over that shit. He is taking advantage of you and he knows that he cant just leave for a while instead of being an adult because he has done it for at least the 7 months you have lived with him. He likely treated his mom like this too.

You can easily find a guy who will put in his share of the work.

>> No.8275450
File: 1.60 MB, 350x197, 1308967888519.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Hate my fucking job
>Asked for this weekend off for my cousin's wedding
>Was denied for no good reason.
>fiance is still going though, drooped him off to the airport this morning
>Depressed but working my ass off
>Do everything that was on my DM's list for today, do fallow up e-mail
>Her reply back is "You did not get enough done today for an 8 hour shift"
>1, bitch it was a 7.5 hour shift
>2, bitch we were fucking busy
>3, I FUCKING DID EVERYTHING YOU ASKED OF ME.
>4, I was on your fucking conference call for a fucking hour too
There is no way to make this cunt happy. At this point I feel like she is just looking for shit to yell at me about so she can make my life miserable till I quit.
I swear as soon as I got engaged she started being an insufferable cunt.
But, more money more brando. I guess.

>> No.8275456

>>8275450
why on earth would you ever tell anyone at work anything about your personal life?

>> No.8275465

>>8275456
Did not tell them shit, but I did not exactly take my ring off for work ether.

>> No.8275516

So I was hanging with some friends at uni today and a guy that I had been seeing for a while was there. We've been off and on more or less as fuckbuddies for the past two years, but there we some feelings and whatnot and things hadn't been bad between us lately. We were all having fun, good conversation, what have you, when he writes some note to his buddy that, judging by the other guy's reaction, contained something sort of offensive about all the girls at the table or something. We were all laughing and having a good time and started rough housing a bit, trying to get the paper when he sticks it in his mouth and my friend asks me to help her get it because "you're the only one who would touch his mouth anon!"
So I stupidly play along and he fucking bites me. Full on, skin bruising, bloody, I can almost feel my bone crushing bites my finger. And he acts all smug about it. I apologized for taking the rough housing too far and he just flat out tells me "I don't fucking care if you're hurt."

I feel so stupid to think I could have fun around him or that things could be normal again. I feel so stupid for wasting my time loving him and even more stupid because I know all this and I still can't stop and I'm sitting here bawling over the stupidest thing because I was an idiot and took things too far and it's probably my fault anyways but I can't help feeling more than just physically hurt.

This would be OT if it weren't for the fact that I'm embroidering a hat for a meetup tomorrow and now I can't finish it because my finger has puncture wounds and is purple and swollen and I can't grip the needle.

>> No.8275518

>>8275465
Just say it's fake to keep dudes from hitting on you.

>> No.8275522

>>8275516

Wow, what a shitty, gross, awful man child. I would have punched him in the fucking face. Also go to the doctor, you might need a shot. People bites are dangerous.

>> No.8275523

>mom's only daughter so she tries to spoil me
>birthday coming up
>"anon!!! what do you want for your birthday?"
>uhhhhh
>doesn't want to ask for anything because i'm in my 20s and it feels too weird
>but fuck i really want some brand
>conflicted feelings

>> No.8275528

>>8275522
Really? What kind of shot? I didn't know that...

>> No.8275529

>>8275516
My predication is that you're still going to hang around him anyway because you just "can't help it". Please prove me wrong, for the love of god.

>> No.8275531

>>8275529
I probably can't prove you wrong anon, I'll admit to it. Maybe someday, hopefully soon, but right now I'll admit to weakness.

>> No.8275552

>>8275531
Weak ass Pussy

>> No.8275559
File: 79 KB, 709x720, 1391898963299.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8275531
Don't say "hopefully soon". Set a goal, a due date.

I had a friend like you-- FWB and in love with an abusive asshole. She's still with him after two years.

I never try to talk with her about this anymore (or anything else at all anymore, really) because she always says that she "can't help it" or that she'll ignore his texts from then on but whatdoyouknow she then gives in anyway. One time after a heartfelt hours-long conversation she promised us to go no contact, she texted my fiance (we were mutual friends) about how she's in his room but it's okay because they only made out!

>pic related, mfw

>> No.8275596

>>8275559
I'm not sure how to respond to this. He's never been like this before, in fact he's always been very loving and sweet to me, just held me at arms length because neither of us wanted a relationship and he was scared of getting hurt. But I guess if they do it once, they'll do it again?

>> No.8275607

>>8275596
My friend's FWB was also loving and sweet and stuff. As soon as she asked for an actual relationship, he started treating her like shit. What I think happened is that he was only nice because he wanted dat pussy.

>> No.8275617

>>8275607
I don't think you should be too harsh. I'm a diff anon, but dealing with the same thing, and he responded by being cold cause he's scared of getting into a relationship. He's only been in one relationship ever and only had sex one time other than with me, and when I asked him to be in a relationship I scared him. It took a few months for things to get back to normal too, but now I'm trying to assert myself, and explain that I want a relationship and he's changed his tune from before since he realizes how important I am.

>> No.8275638

>>8275617
He bit her hard enough to draw blood and told her that he doesn't fucking care. I might be too harsh, but it's better safe than sorry to cut that out of her life. If you're right, then he needs to apologize and grow the fuck up, since it's not her job to be patient.

>> No.8275642

>>8275516
That's not your fault in any way, and it's not a stupid thing to be upset about. my friend bit me completely randomly once when she was drunk and i gave her shit for a while and she was really apologetic. But if she'd done it harder and maliciously like in your case and not apologised i would have been really angry and all my friends who were there would have agreed.

>> No.8275647

>>8275638
I meant in general.

>> No.8275675

>>8275617
It's okay anon, sometimes I guess being harsh is the only way to get through to people. This is a really weird situation for me because I don't want a relationship with him, I just want us to have fun and enjoy each other the way we used to and idk why he's in asshole mode. I'm used to him being a little standoffish in front of our friends because he doesn't want them to know, but this behavior is really new. I've always prided myself on being a stronger woman, ditched the cheaters, didn't put up with shit and I was always the go-to when my friends needed encouragement on getting out of a relationship. I've never stuck around with a man who I thought was less than I deserved. So having love for someone in this way is...overwhelming and frightening and I'm not sure how to deal with it. I probably should have cut him out of my life all together a while ago but after this I'm...questioning it, at least. I've never been physically abused before, so I wasn't sure if this even counted as that?

>> No.8275678

>>8275642
I guess I just feel like it is because I shouldn't have participated in the rough play in the first place. I should have known something would go wrong with acting so childish.

>> No.8275682

>>8275675
Wait you are hiding your fuckbuddy status? Red flags there, that's a big nono. Also, it's assult but not abuse technically.

>> No.8275686

>>8274003
anon are u in my comm

>> No.8275703

>>8274694
Aight now anon don't be a cunt about where he's working, at least he IS working.

Though you should completely be a cunt about everything else he's NOT doing.

>> No.8275704

>>8275682
I mean, most people in our general circle know but his closer friends don't. He refuses to acknowledge it in the presence of other people, denies jokes that might hinge on the fact that we're involved and will generally just ignore me in public. It's not a big secret, but he does act like he's ashamed of it. But how is it a red flag? I mean I thought he just had a privacy thing?

>> No.8275713

>>8275518
Uhh no? She shouldn't have to lie to avoid some bitch in the office from being a jelly cunt to her.

She should go to HR if she feels that's the issue, though.

>> No.8275727
File: 249 KB, 250x300, 1392863262183.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8275523
>tfw your mom won't buy you things because shipping is crazy expensive
plz mom, it's the only thing I want for my birthday

>> No.8275737

>>8275704
It implies he doesn't respect you or anything. And just wants to get it in. My fwb didn't tell anyone explicitly but he gladly jokes about it with my and his friends and he's told his if they asked.

>> No.8275746 [DELETED] 

>>8275727
> mom won't buy you things
Underagedb&

>> No.8275752
File: 2.76 MB, 320x256, 1428692154922.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8275737
>fuckbuddy
>And just wants to get it in
Wow. What a monster.

>> No.8275771

>>8275752
Doesn't mean it's right to see someone as a fuckhole instead of an actual human being worthy of basic respect.

>> No.8275772

>>8274621
When he gets home, thank him and have a conversation with him. Tell him you're stressed and tired from having to both work a job and get a degree and the last thing you want to do is clean up after anyone. Tell him that having to nag/tell him to do his chores like a child is unfair to both of you, and only further adds to the stress. Seriously, sit down and talk and let him know that he can't be doing this stuff. Don't just dump him, as other anons have said, but listen to each other and get things off your chests.

>> No.8275797

>Really cute in lolita, good coords and makeup. Well liked in the comm and super feminine during meetups and such
>Outside of lolita: very tomboy(baggy sweaters, loose shirts, beanies, occasionally binds for the look but not dysmorphic) Swears like a sailor and smokes like the rebellious art student I am
>How I act and dress in and out of lolita are polar opposites.
>Is this an actual thing? Or am I the only one who takes on a completely different persona when in lolita?
>On a side note, I am totally crushing crazy hard on this ex-classmate of mine, we used to cuddle a lot during his crazy stressful exams time but I really don't feel I am feminine enough to deserve him, let alone think he would be attracted to me.

>> No.8275800

>>8275771
You know all they even said was the he doesn't like acknowledging it around people. So not only are you angry about something stupid but it's about something you're just assuming is even happening.

>> No.8275835

>>8275737
Agreeing with this anon. Why bother with a guy that 'generally ignores you in public' and goes out of his way to nullify your relationship (sorry I mean *not a relationship*) in front of his friends? You even perceive that he seems ashamed to be with you, yet are somehow fine with that? Are you a labrador retriever?

All of this is besides the fact that he physically assaulted you in a grotesque way, and deliberately expressed his lack of remorse afterwards. He sounds like a psychologically unhinged freak that's been stringing you along with his 'sweetness', but can't bother to treat you with basic dignity because he's 'afraid of being hurt' which is a line of of bullshit that emotionally unavailable fuck boys use in order to get sex without any obligation to their partner. It sounds like he's had enough of you, and is in 'asshole mode' in order to drive you away.

Also what is this?
>when he writes some note to his buddy that, judging by the other guy's reaction, contained something sort of offensive about all the girls at the table or something.
You consider that to be humorous? And these are the same friends he likes to invalidate you in front of?

Anyways, you can either resolve that he can go fuck himself, or live your life as a passive victim. The choice is yours.

>inb4 /r9k/ baby brigade shits their pants in defense of teh men

>> No.8275855

>Go shopping with BF's mom and sister for a wedding we are all going to
>They are very well off.
>They CAN'T MAKE UP THERE FUCKING MINDS
>Oh I'll just buy these two and wear one and return the other, tehe!
>with everything from the shoes to the jewelry to the dress
>Say this shit right in front of the sales girl, who has been nothing but nice and worked with them for like an hour, and god forbid they do shit by themselves they were blatantly eating up her time for something they are just going to return
>her eyes sink
>We get to the desk
>Turns out they have 500+ in store credit in multiple places because of this shit
>When they are not buying shit just to return it they are nickle and dime-ing everything for no fucking reason, in an obnoxiously pushy way with 0 respect for the sales staff.
>Is this on sale? THERE'S NO FUCKING SIGN OR INDICATION, SO NO YOU BITCH, NO.
>Can't you discount this?
>Oh there is this pulled thread hear I want a discount (you fucking pulled that in the dressing room you you cunt)
I wanted to fucking scream and walk the fuck out. I used to work a sales/commission job and a return could mean I did not fucking eat that wk/month and I bet these fucking bitches have returned something in every fucking state.
I just
FUCK YOU
you disrespectful whores.
YOU don't want it YOU don't buy it why is that so fucking hard
I just had to fucking be associated with the kind of fucking people that I fucking hate

I'm ridiculously sandy about this and I know it.

>> No.8275857

>>8275617

Lmao, dont you realize how hard he fucking is playing you? God damn, and you females actually justify it, HOLY SHIT

>> No.8275860

>>8275855
God damn, some people are so trashy.

>> No.8275869

>>8275855

But you didn't say anything, because you're weak.

Wear your ovaries on the outside once in a while.

>> No.8275881

>>8275869
They were nice enough to fly me cross country and let me stay at there home so I don't want to be a rude little shit even though it was 100% justified.
I have been a passive-aggressive cunt about it all day and I can't even help it though.

>> No.8275889
File: 23 KB, 263x263, 1411907754730.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Boy women just can't get over that "he had sex with me that means he HAS to dote on me and give me stuff!" mentality.

>> No.8275916

>>8275889
If this is in response to the anon who was bit, then wtf are you smoking? Expecting not to be assaulted isn't asking for doting, it's basic human decency.

>> No.8275918

>>8271873
Your friends are cunts anon. Even if not interested in the same things, good friends will at least try and gain some sort of understanding of your interests so they can support you and be able to talk about it with you.

>Mfw expecting my friends to reciprocate these attitudes and behaviors is probably why I don't have friends.

>> No.8275919

>just got a new job
>pays 9.25 an hour; not too great, but good enough
>tfw able to afford things again, like a gym membership
>finally can put aside a little bit of money each paycheck for lolita stuff

>> No.8275947

>>8275916
And yet all anyone cares about is that he's "acting cold" or "taking advantage of her".

They both agreed to have sex but you all can't stop thinking that he should owe her something in exchange for it. Like the idea of always using sex as a bartering tool is so deeply ingrained in your heads that when you hear about it happening any other way you react with confusion and anger.

>> No.8275953

>>8275947
>>/r9k/

>> No.8275969

>>8275953
Use any of the only 4-5 insults you have, the proof is right here in the thread.

>> No.8275971

I feel like it is impossible to win against the misogyny and the patriarchies in today's world.

>> No.8275978

It seems like whenever I befriend a man, 9/10 times they eventually confess that they're in love with me. And the sad part is, they're never the types that I would want to date. It makes me afraid to befriend guys because I hate turning people down, it makes me feel like an awful person.

I think it's mostly just because I'm really confused about my sexuality. It sounds stupid but I really can't tell whether I'm lesbian, bisexual, or straight. I just need to figure this shit out because I'm a pathetic KV and I'm sick of being alone.

>> No.8275979

>>8275617
You reminded me of this: http://www.puckermob.com/relationships/6-signs-hes-not-complicated--hes-a-manipulative-douchelord
Don't fall for that crap.

>> No.8275987

>>8275979
I'll be your douchelord, but only if you be my douchelady ;)

>> No.8275991

>>8275978
>it makes me feel like an awful person.
No it doesn't. It is the men's fault for emotionally abusing you and "befriending" you with ulterior motives.

As Cracked put it
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-relationship-zones-worse-than-the-friend-zone/
abusing your emotions like that is basically only "technically" not rape.

>> No.8275995

>>make internet friend a year or so ago
>>lives hundreds of miles away
>>Both have acknowledged the other is a qt but not interested in LDRs.
>>Start talking on a daily basis a few months ago.
>>Talking about maybe going to a large con by him next year, doing a cosplay together. Have other friends in the area I want to see as well.
>>Worry about leading him on, but as time goes on I'm realizing I've caught feels horribly.
>>LDR sounds so painful.

What do I do gulls... He's just so easy and fun to talk to, and I feel so happy when we have our skype "dates". He's even been watching my favorite horrible cartoon with me...

>> No.8276007

>>8275991
>abusing your emotions like that is basically only "technically" not rape.

And thats where you sound like a deranged bitch. Guess what: If you let him fuck you, it's not rape. You dumbass hoe, I bet you can't even get any dick. Not even a fucking downey would rape you.

>> No.8276009
File: 128 KB, 1024x768, beta.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276007
god I love it when they fight eachother

>> No.8276011
File: 278 KB, 850x728, 1349569095479.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8275979
Man this article is hilarious.

You can practically taste the bitter saltiness (or is it salty bitterness) radiating from the author just by displaying the article on your monitor.

>> No.8276014

>>8276009

Lol, ok, you can call me beta. Big fucking whoop, do you think I care what a bitch on a croation yarn spinning thunder clap photo network thinks about me?

>> No.8276020

>>8275978
>reject everyone who approaches you
>"boohoo im so lonely and sick of being a virgin"

>> No.8276026

>>8276020
Jelly that she can pick her partners and you have to settle for what you can get because of your unfortunate looks?

>> No.8276036

>>8276026
I don't consider myself pretty tho. It's just that the guys who approach me are not pretty either.

>> No.8276038

>>8276036

Lmao, double standards like a motherfuck.

>> No.8276047

>>8276026
I don't see how pointing out somebody stupidly complaining about something with an obvious solution means I must be jealous of them.

And I'm also not jealous anyways, as I'm sure she's just a classic case of having much higher standards than what she actually deserves.

>> No.8276052

>>8276038
No it isn't. Girls have the right to have boyfriends above their league in looks. It is only acceptable to lower the requirements if the guy is rich or influential.

>> No.8276058

>>8276047
You can't tell others what they deserve if you yourself deserve only to die alone and nothing else
So keep talking, one day it may come true

>> No.8276065

>>8276052
This.

I don't understand why /r9k/ keep saying that "wah, feminism is evil, wah" but then they call us hypocrites for embracing the fact that men and women are different.

>> No.8276072

>>8275797
>feminine enough to deserve him
As long as he thinks you're cute it doesn't really matter? I'm sure you look cute no matter what clothes you're wearing anon! Try to work on building your self confidence some outside of lolita.

>> No.8276080
File: 31 KB, 653x277, hypocrisy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8275979
>Translation: She wants things HER way. As soon as you challenge her, she will throw a tantrum. She will say you're "manipulative" and "an asshole", and you're just too jealous and need to work on yourself. The reality is this girl is a crazy bitch. By making you the "manipulative asshole", there is no responsibility on her part. Crazy bitches are not complicated, they just have no accountability, and noting is ever their fault. They're perfect, and you're a manipulative asshole, end of story. Capiche?

Is there a single article on that site that isn't written by a clearly psychotic angry ex-girlfriend fresh off the latest of what will likely be hundreds of breakups in her life?

>> No.8276081

>>8276052

Haha youll never have someone attractive ask you out with a that toxic attitude. And if they do, theyre only doing it for a quick lay. Have a nice day girly :^)

>> No.8276097

>>8276081
That's more than you'll ever get, bucko

>> No.8276102
File: 112 KB, 640x1136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276097
Oh wow callin me bucko, you sure scurr me hoe. And i play ugly sluts like you all the time, heres one who figured me out a lil too early but eh, idgaf

>> No.8276110

>Boyfriend who has been a good friend of mine since year 7 dumped me today
>Said that he didn't have time for relationships and that his feelings for me weren't there anymore
>Still crying

We only dated for a month and a half, but shit I've known him since primary school and liked him for years before telling him ;_;

Now what do I do?

>> No.8276115

>>8276110
Try and salvage your friendship once you feel a little better?

>> No.8276118

>>8276102
Cool, which website did you download her from?

>> No.8276122

>>8275450
Do you work at Ardene's or something? Sounds like when I worked at Ardene's. I guess every shitty chain store is probably like that though

>> No.8276124 [DELETED] 
File: 129 KB, 640x1135, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276118

Reverse image search and youll see its legit. Heres another one boo ;). Who knows maybe youll be the next ugly slut i pump n dump

>> No.8276136

>>8276124
>reverse image search means it's 100% legit
Top lel, and I wouldn't bet on it if I were you

>> No.8276139

VALAR MORGHULIS

(ancient greek for #KillAllMen)

>> No.8276151

>>8276115

I guess that's the best thing to do. We had our first kiss together so I really thought that this was the real deal.

>> No.8276153

>>8276110
Find another one or learn to enjoy being alone.

>> No.8276154

>>8276139
This reminds me of the Zelda/Link trolling or the "do a 360 and walk away" one.

>> No.8276155

>>8276154
Uhm...are you trying to Trigger me?

>> No.8276159

>>8276136
Again, i dont need your validation. Believe me or don't idgaf

>> No.8276176
File: 193 KB, 525x556, heroic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276155
You must be an Xbox because I'm now going to do a 360 and walk away.

>> No.8276184
File: 981 KB, 500x281, tumblr_m2y6bofel11rowliro1_500[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>taking pictures with my lolita friends
>dressed in ouji
>hear male come up from behind and say "you look really nice!"
>activate defense mode, ready to tell person to leave them alone
>turn around and it's a well known ouji complimenting me
>mfw

aaaaand i dropped all my spaghetti because he was super nice

>> No.8276189

>>8276176
I wonder how chuck norris felt during those things

>I used to be a famous actor. Now i'm a stupid meme for some nerdy fucking video game

And now he doesn't even have that.

>> No.8276194

>>8276189
Him becoming a memer is the biggest success of his pathetic male ginger life.

>> No.8276205

>>8276184
Do you have a thing against males?

>> No.8276220

>>8276205
Yes. Males are misogynists.

>> No.8276222

>>8276205
>>8276205
No, I was getting ready just in case. People in our area can be really persistent if you're not firm about what is/isn't ok from the onset and it's always better to be wary. It's not like I immediately tell them to go away or anything, I'm just cautious of appearing over friendly

>this probably makes me sound like a bitch, but that's ok

>> No.8276223
File: 52 KB, 444x287, 1421264044360.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>looking for heeled Oxfords for coord
>buy some used on eBay for twenty bucks ok cool
>go thrifting the next day
>find perfect pair for six bucks
>fuck

So now I have two pairs, oops. I'm a size ten so it's rare for me to find cute loliable shoes in thrift stores, I didn't even bother to look. At least one pair are T-straps so they aren't the exact same.

Less happy feels

>have crush on nerdy guy
>hang out a lot, but it's definitely unrequited
>whatever we're still friends but I still like him ugh
>last night I mention that I'm into egl
>his reaction is less than positive
>literally "oh good..." in the most sarcastic way like I'm the biggest fucking weirdo
>mfw this guy has a MtG collection valued at 15k and is judging my hobbies

Needless to say I think I'll get over my crush.

>> No.8276224

>>8276220

Lmao.

Thats like a beta saying all women are whores. You fuckers are so damn hypocritical. Jesus christ you fuckers need reality checks

>> No.8276231
File: 37 KB, 1114x946, charge.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276224
Actually it's like a beta pretending to be a woman on an anonymous imageboard

>> No.8276232

>>8276231
Was that supposed to be an insult?

>> No.8276241

>>8276224
>>8276231
>Woman expresses her opinion.
>Men instantly insult her.

Can you two fuck off back to >>>/r9k/?

I mean, seriously. If I had a gun and could get away with it, I would shoot your fucking brains out. I'm sick and tired of this happening EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME, EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE.

>> No.8276242
File: 2.14 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276241

Ill put a bullet in you before you get up halfway up my driveway, bitch

>> No.8276244
File: 1.18 MB, 566x353, 1427467450932.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276205
>>8276220
>>8276224

>> No.8276245
File: 150 KB, 640x1136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276244

U mad girl :^)

>> No.8276247

>>8276245
Took you only 1 minute to shop the other (You)s away. Impressive, for a male.

>> No.8276250

>>8276245
And somehow you all sound the same anyway... I think that's even sadder.

>> No.8276253

>>8276247

Its on an iphone, nice try ;)

You bitches make it too easy. This shit is why society doesnt respect you.

>>8276250
Great minds think alike

>> No.8276254

I can't even keep track of which side is supposed to be which in this shitpost war.

>> No.8276259

>>8276254
I just assume everyone who disagrees with me is a male virgin/misogynist. It sounds silly but it's true 99% of the time.

>> No.8276260

>>8276254
At least if they keep this up we can make a new thread soon.

>> No.8276263

>>8276260
You speak as if this doesn't happen every thread.

>> No.8276290

>>8276259
That is the dumbest shit ive ever heard. You are single handedly holding back the feminist movement

>>8276263
Talk shit get hit, bitch

>> No.8276291

>>8276241
I was just pointing out that >>8276220
is obviously a troll post. The joke is that r9k has a tendency to go for it's own bait.

>> No.8276299

>>8276291
WELL IT FUCKING WASN'T

*huffs and puffs*

>> No.8276305

>>8276291
I'd argue the current state of this thread is proof of how easy it is to troll women.

I mean, even if you think you're the ones "baiting" the /r9k/ boogeymen with your shitposting, the fact that you're shitposting in your own threads is just proof that they still won.

>> No.8276316
File: 33 KB, 400x300, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you came to this thread hoping for opinions/advice but now your post along with everything you love and cherish is burried in shitposting.

>> No.8276330
File: 1.17 MB, 446x469, ibyp.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276305
Why the fuck would we be baiting our own threads?

>> No.8276333

>>8274744
You could try what I do to filter out people.
Just start wearing your heart on your sleeve.
If you're a good person worth hanging around you aren't going to be suddenly repelling people.

>> No.8276335

>>8276330
actually just forget I even responded to your bullshit, sorry everybody
>do not respond to male shitposts
>tfw you no longer get to have feels threads on your own board

>> No.8276336

>>8276330
I have no idea. It seems stupid to me but you keep doing it anyways.

>> No.8276340

>>8276335
You should fuck off to tumblr where women belong then. Don't worry nobody there will ever bother you with free speech or different opinions.

>> No.8276348

>>8271906
why do you give a fuck? go do something better with your time

>> No.8276350

>>8276316
There's a fucking reason these threads were delete on sight for a while.

>> No.8276353

>>8276058
You're one step away from using the smugtard face anon.
Come on, post it.
Show you have absolutely nothing and just how much of a sociopathic hollow you are.
You know how desperately you want to slander and belittle them when you know they're right.
So go ahead.
Shitpost.

>> No.8276358

>>8276316
What, need advice on how to split up with your old, used up boyfriend best so you can get a new one fastest (~within a week)?

>> No.8276360

uh guys wtf
orig feeler here, all i wanted to express was how happy i was, and that i was wrong to assume it would be a creeper coming up from behind

>> No.8276369

>>8276316
>coming to a cosplay and gothic lolita board for advice
>not going to the board specifically named "advice"
>the board DEDICATED to giving advice like this
>the board which was created to help people
>surprised when an irrelevant post on a board full of catty women and robots go ignored
Really anon? Really?

>> No.8276379

>>8275516
All right, after reading through the rest of the replies to this and conversations.
Holy fuck what is fucking wrong with you you stupid bitch, he BIT YOUR FINGER.
No.
I don't care if you were the one who stuck it in there and it was rough housing.
You just don't do that unless the assailant is actually trying to kill you via jamming something down your throat.
I mean, how fucking dumb are you?
And you think that this would be a legit relationship?
Even if you managed to shackle him down long enough, he doesn't love you.
I can't believe how many dumb ass gulls I've encountered who think just someone you be around and fuck is a relationship.
A relationship is a continual exchange between two people that happens naturally.
It's when two people can enjoy just spending time with each other regardless of what they do.
More importantly it's gotta have genuine love to it.

>inb4 all of the nice guy insults
yeah nah fuck you, you're only saying that to cover up your own faults.

>> No.8276387

>>8275995
Do you doubt your ability to not fuck other guys behind his back?
Do you doubt the same for him?
Because that's really the only thing that'll flat out break a LDR, considering you know, you don't see each other.
Or any relationship for that matter.

Anyway, I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but what you're doing now IS what an LDR is.
You don't need to fucking consummate a relationship.

>> No.8276388
File: 258 KB, 640x360, 1374345558281.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276379
>read all the replies
>still couldn't figured out they aren't even in a relationship
>even if she straight up says it multiple times

How embarrassing.

>> No.8276391

>>8276388
Reading comprehension asshole.
I'm saying she's expressing a desire to be with this guy.
Hence the "would be" in "And you think that this would be a legit relationship?"
You're not accomplishing anything by being a fucking retard.

>> No.8276394

>>8276391
Neither are you.

>> No.8276397

>>8276394
I just explained why you're wrong though.
>no u
why the fuck do I even bother with humans.

>> No.8276401
File: 451 KB, 1024x1024, 1421270030190.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8275797
>but I really don't feel I am feminine enough to deserve him
Guys love tomboys though
ASK HIM OUT AND BE KAWAII TOGETHER GURL

>> No.8276403

Will I become the perfect bf if I don't do all the shit you guys complaint about your bfs?

>> No.8276407

>>8276397
>why the fuck do I even bother with humans.
Good question.
Guess you should probably stop doing it now.

>> No.8276409

>>8276397
then just off yourself you waste of food and autism bux.

>> No.8276410

>>8276403
No.
Then you'll be a "nice guy" and women will hate you even more.

>> No.8276412

>>8276403
no, we will always find something wrong
or
>ew he's too perfect, makes me feel so insecure
>is he hiding something behind this perfection???

>> No.8276413

>>8276410
Fuck!

>> No.8276418
File: 25 KB, 500x281, 1429488695609.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276407
>>8276409
I know I should actually listen to the "only winning move is to not play" shit and all that.
But holy fuck you bitches are just dumb.
And you're smug about how dumb you are, and you're never going to not be stupid cunts because of this refusal to listen to any opposition.
I've made my points, you don't want to listen, I'm done playing pigeon chess.

>> No.8276427

>>8276387
it's less about sex and more about never seeing each other? Like if I'm dating someone I want to go do stuff with them and just hang out together too. Idk maybe I'm just a very physically touchy person.
Every friend I've seen be in an ldr seemed to be kind of unhappy/wistful until those few times a year one of them was visiting the other. Not something I really wanted to seek out but here I am.
At least I can finally do couple cosplays if this becomes a thing!

>> No.8276430

>>8276427
You're over thinking this Anon.
I've got a fuckton of reasoning behind why I'm telling you that, and that you shouldn't worry about it, but all you need to ask yourself is this.

Do you like him?

>> No.8276444

>>8275797
>the problems of le oppressed womyn:
>"Oh my god will [xoxo_hot_guy] like me even though I am not wearing my feminine clothes??"

Protip: he literally gives 0 shits about what you're wearing. Your lolita dress is only relevant if you want to let him cum on the fabric (that's about the only thing it's good for). If anything, your lolita fashion makes men think you're a stuck up bitch who's fucked up in the head.

>we used to cuddle a lot
In b4 landwhale.

>> No.8276449

>>8275835
But he's so good looking :S

>> No.8276451
File: 21 KB, 444x444, 444.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276444
THE TRIPS HAVE SPOKEN

>> No.8276454
File: 21 KB, 285x265, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276430
Ahh I am pretty sure, still trying to take time to be certain bc I've made bad mistakes by rushing in the past. (gamer manchild neckbeard...)
Thanks for the blunt wisdom!

>> No.8276458

>>8276454
Oh my god.
>dating terrorists who terrorize women in the industry
>ever
You poor soul.

>> No.8276461

>>827644
wow someone needs a cookie, this salt tho lmao

>> No.8276462

>>8276458
>trying this hard
I never said anything about GG, he was just obnoxious and lazy and had gamer rage.

>> No.8276468

>>8275414
>its fine when women do it but if a man is a lazy mooch hes the worst scumbag in the world

>> No.8276484

>>8274621
So talk to him about it?

>> No.8276492

>>8276484
read both their posts, they did.

>> No.8276496

>>8276462
It isn't so much the fact that they're playing video games you've gotta look out for Anon, it's the kinds of games they play.
If they're just playing some lazy autopilot thing, that's the same as someone who watches gutter trash reality TV, or listens to nothing but the pop station on the radio.
I'm not going to go into specifics, but if they're playing Platinum you'd best get that Platinum.

>> No.8276563

Damn, from reading this thread it seems that all of /cgl/'s feel problems are caused by men (their boyfriends).

What should we do about this problematic gender?

>> No.8276564

>>8276563
See >>8276139. Game of Thrones is a feminist TV show.

>> No.8276568

>Come home
>Find my abusive mother has decided to wash my very very expensive burando dress when I was gone, even thought I had tell her countless times not to
>Print has clearly bleed. Pretty sure it's been damaged beyond repair.
>Go apeshit at her, this dress had a huge resale value (2000$), prints bleed, that's the reason I tell her I would be the one washing it...
>He literal answer is "YOU HAVE NO REASON TO BE MAD. I BOUGHT YOU MILANOO ONCE. IT WAS DEFINITELY MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THIS."
My new go-to response is gonna be "BUT I BOUGHT YOU MILANOO ONCE!"

>> No.8276589

>>8276568
Well at least your first-first world problems don't revolve around your cunt being unsatisfied by your bf.

>> No.8276598

>>8276563
As if any of this shit could be called problems.

These threads are fucking goldmines of shallow, vapid garbage and I love it.

>> No.8276601

>>8276598
Thats women for ya'

>> No.8276615

>>8276598
>and I love it.
Shame no one will ever love you ;(

>> No.8276618

>>8276615
Another great thing about /cgl/: ready to get defensive if so much as their cat looks at them slightly judgingly.

>> No.8276621

>>8276618
You're just mad cause you got ice burned.

>> No.8276622

>>8276621
You've been the using the same line throughout the entire thread, I'm not exactly feeling the heat here.

>> No.8276626
File: 121 KB, 520x588, 1429019975678.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276622
>the entire thread

Try all of human history.
Women haven't come up with a new insult since the inception of language itself.

>> No.8276699

>>8276589
fuck off with this retarded "hur durr first world problem" meme
starving to death is bad. having your treasured belongings destroyed is also bad.

>> No.8276709

>>8276699
Yes.
Lets all give a little less focus to helpless children starving to death and give and give proper attention and pity to the first world woman who had the colors altered on a piece of clothing that she recreationally spent as much money as would feed the child for years.

both of their suffering is equally valid (although to be honest I still think the first world woman might actually have it a bit harder)

somebody should really send that child a dress and then wash it wrong so they can learn to properly empathize with the first world woman.

>> No.8276732

>>8276709
so you were distracted from your constant empathizing with supposed less fortunate (the dying babies must have been benefiting from that a ton) when you forced to see the first world content of this thread.

and yea, some girl in a poor country would totally love if her mom intentionally ruined for favorite dress for no reason.

i've been trolled, right?

>> No.8276738

>>8276732
>someone thinks my dresses colors changing in a way I don't like isn't as hard and painful as starving to death?
>omg fucking trolls. nobody would every ACTUALLY think something like that they're clearly just pretending to think that to make me mad

Has anyone ever told you how much of an overbearingly unbelievably shallow self-centered cunt you are?

>> No.8276745

>>8276738
i'm not even the anon with the dress.
i never said anything was as hard as anything either. everyone's suffering doesn't have to be compared to someone else's, anon. starving to death is pretty unpleasant, even though most would think it's infinitely better than being sadistically tortured for many years. you gonna go bitch at starving kids for being ungrateful now?

>> No.8276753

>>8276745
No because starving children don't generally try to rationalize how they have it just as bad as people being tortured and that anyone who tells them otherwise is just trying to troll them.

>> No.8276755

>>8276745
I think the point is that watching /cgl/ try to fish for sympathy by crying about their absolutely normal lives is pathetic.
Blogging about your problems on an anonymous imageboard is pretty lowly in itself, and making it about completely trivial shit is even worse.

I can assure you that there are thousands of people in worse situations than any of you on this site, who do not resort to blogging for attention.

>> No.8276765

>>8276753
>as bad
reread my posts
its hard to believe your reading comprehension can be so bad, trolling seemed more likely. i guess youre just really an idiot, then.

>> No.8276768

>>8276755
i only come into these threads to read the occasional funny stories. i dont see the problem though if someone feels like mentioning some small event in their lives that pertains to the hobby of the board, that maybe someone else will then relate to.

>> No.8276770

>>8276765
>starving to death is bad. having your treasured belongings destroyed is also bad.
I would call 1 a minor annoying and 1 horrible suffering.
But you apparently think they can both just be grouped together under the exact same level of just "bad".

>> No.8276776

>>8276768
If they make it an entertaining story, and don't try to portray it as suffering, sure.
The problem is that people fish for sympathy, despite not having any real problems.

>> No.8277177

>tall lolita
>order dress
>it finally arrives!
>bottom of bodice hits just below boobs
>bottom of dress is waaay above knees without petti
>fall into pit of depression

>> No.8277222

>acquaintance asks me to help a friend of theirs with their first cosplay
>fairly simple uniform cosplay, offer ideas on how to modify pieces to fit it
>they keep wanting to try stupid ideas I know aren't going to work
>typical 'lol only one month to make this and I've never cosplayed before but I don't wanna spend any money or effort BUT IT MUST BE PERFECT!!1 so handfeed me everything' shitty entitled newb attitude
>firmly but politely send a few messages giving a dose of reality to this person re: cosplay costs etc

Trying reeeeally hard not to go full seagull on this kid but I'm probably just going to stop replying at this point.

>> No.8277247

>almost have dream dress secured via PM
>waiting waiting waiting for last message from seller to confirm it
>another user buys out from under last minute

>> No.8277365
File: 92 KB, 247x247, tumblr_nfh6xayP1b1sntjsso1_250.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be Armenian
>Today is the 100th anniversary of the genocide
>For those who don't know Turks tried to kill of our race, and they've been denying it for years and as a result few people know it even happened
>Decided to put up a tiny poster to spread awareness, it just said 100th anniversary nothing bad
>Put it up on the elevator of my dorm building, generally where everyone posts things
>Some asshole tore it down within an hour

I don't like being sensitive about this kind of shit but it kind of hurt more than I would expect

>> No.8278050
File: 206 KB, 500x383, midori.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it hard for you guys to make friends with people? I want to make friends but i dress in jfashion. I have friends but whenever i feel close to someone at work, they eventually find out about my weird clothes and don't want to make a stronger connection with me outside of work. I don't dress bad...just over the top to them, i guess, even though i don't feel like i do. I don't want to negotiate either, because the clothes i wear are the only things keeping me alright lately. I want to be like "Fuck it, i dont need people who don't like the way i dress" but it's so hard for me to deal with being considered weird by my coworkers and family. I just wish i really enjoyed regular clothes and things.
Not to mention finding a partner is really tough too, seems like everyone around me is in love but i think i'm just too "out there" for that.. I don't even think i'm strange at all, i'm pretty normal, but i'm constantly outcasted and it sucks.

>> No.8278126

>>8278050
I'd be your friend, how people dress has never been very high on the list of things I care about.

>> No.8278314

>>8278126
that would be nice.

>> No.8278971

>>8276776
starving children? that's nothing

people are being tortured or born with diseases that cause endless pain until they die

I'm currently focusing my empathy 100% on that

try to top that!