[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 91 KB, 432x322, naruto-cosplayers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8270749 No.8270749 [Reply] [Original]

Everyone probably has had one at some point or another.
Was it your first cosplay?
Has it ever shown up in a thread here?
Why do you regret it?
Pictures and stories both welcome.

>> No.8270863

Most of my past cosplays are awful and I'm embarrassed that most of them exist tbh

>Akihiko from Persona 3
>Accidentally packed the wrong pair of pants
>They were too tight and not very flattering on me
>They ripped in half after I had worn them for a few hours
>Cardigan/vest was too short which made everything look even more unflattering on me
>Wig wouldn't stay on my head properly no matter what I did
>Almost fainting from the heat, and kept getting bombarded by photographs which is something I am not used to at all
>Kept pointing the evoker at the camera instead of myself cause I couldn't think
>Kept posing like a girl despite getting told by nearly every photograph to stand differently
>Still want to cry on the inside every time I find pictures of it on the internet

I try to avoid popular characters completely now so I can at least avoid finding photos of my awful messes online

>> No.8270868

>>8270863
ahaha I mean photographers of course fuck me

>> No.8270912

Mikami Teru. No wig. Completely inaccurate tie. It was when I went trick or treating with my weeb friends during high school.

>tfw people kept thinking I wasn't in costume

>> No.8270946

..It was actually Naruto. I think he was like one of my first cosplays back in 5th grade (I'm 21 now and that shit was cringey as fuck). I have a very pale complexion (like pale and sickly) so when I wanted to cosplay him I looked at his screenshots in anime and I was like.. OH HE HAS A RED UNDERTONE! So basically what I did for makeup was I patted my whole face/legs hands whatever with blush and gave myself a tan with BLUSH because I never heard of bronzer before (I live somewhere in east asia).

Man those were nightmarish days but at least it looked like I got an even tan but I looked really underwhelming and the only other makeup I had on was eyeliner, and didn't even wear circle lens. At least I was smart enough to bind at the time. I never wanna see pictures, I think my wig was super saturated yellow. looked like glowing neon sign + glowing skin to boot.

The things you cringe about when you're older and notice 500% improvement..

>> No.8270956

John from Homestuck back when it was in... Act 4 or so?

I only have one photo of it and I had my fucking eyes shut. It's like a orchestrated disaster.

>> No.8270990

>be 14
>second convention ever, first cosplay ever
>decide to be Delirium from The Sandman
>poorly dyed hair
>poorly done fish facepainted around one of my eyes
>denim vest
>t-shirt that says 'hello' in white glitter paint
>make a bunch of origami fish and staple them to my skirt
>entire convention my fish are just falling everywhere, leave a trail of paper fish in my wake
>nobody took pictures luckily

>> No.8270999

>>8270946
>cosplaying
>5th grade
How the fuck did you have an income to buy cosplay shit in 5th grade? Why did you even have makeup? Why would you need to bind as a 5th grader? Unless that's a teenager in your country, this seems bullshitty.

>> No.8271008

Homestuck.

>> No.8271045

I was one of those facepaint Monokumas. I regret every second of it.

>> No.8271063

>>8270999
>implying they didn't have fucking parents to pay for things at the age of 10

>> No.8271113
File: 51 KB, 464x404, IMG_0947.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Friends want to go to a con for once
>No wigs for most of my costumes cuz I usually could get away with using my real hair.
>Bitch stylist fucked up my hair last time I got it cut so it's now super short.
>gottathinkfast
>Gonna just use my lady gaga wig for my Maka cosplay
>Actually wore it to the con
Looking back the costume was pretty cringe worthy as well. Used a matrix coat pattern and I didn't get her cloak fitted right so I just put elastic on the back to kind of gather it. Had some old bra cups in the shoulders for shoulder pads.

>> No.8271188

>8th grade halloween
>tiny flat-chested red headed girl with no friends
>loves bleach
>orihime
>sigh.jpg

>> No.8271202

I tell everyone my first cosplay was one at a con because my actual first cosplay was for Halloween in like grade 7-8 and absolutely disgusting.
>Want to cosplay Akita Neru
>Didn't start costume until night before
>Chop up leggings for her shorts/boots, no time to hem
>Make everything else out of thrift store fabric with a questionable smell
>Run out of yellow ribbon for trim and ask dad to get more
>He comes back with plastic giftwrap ribbon
>Use it anyways even though sewing it destroys it
>Skirt has a total of three sad pleats because miscalculated fabric length and terrible fabric choice
>Drew on arm warmers with marker
>Cut a tie out of a yellow T-shirt and didn't use it because even I thought it was nasty
>No idea what I did for a vest but it wasn't pretty
>My hair is black, try to go blond with that spray in party hairspray stuff

And of course, no contacts or makeup. I didn't have many friends back then so few people remember it and I have no idea where any of that stuff went. Good riddance.

>> No.8271265

>>8270999
>this seems bullshitty

>income to buy cosplay
I made it with the help of my grandma/she was teaching me how to sew. it was cringeworthy. Basically bought an orange t-shirt and navy/blue jacket and cut the t-shirt apart and sowed it on the jacket.

Also naruto headbands were all the fab back then so you could get them at the local animate really easily. Had fake plastic kunai that they sold too.

>makeup
Mom wears makeup everyday, has enormous vanity desk full of powers and other stuff. I always played with her stuff, and also saw that most pro cosplayers I've seen had makeup on so I knew I had to use my awesome makeup skills too (which failed horribly).

>boobs
I hit puberty in 4th grade. and was super insecure about my looks, hence wanting to cosplay guys/be a guy because I was ashamed of my body.

>> No.8271279

Generic cat girl maid. It was actually well, made, a friend of my mom was a very fancy designer who designed and had her seamstress make it. My attitude that was embarrassing. I'd meow and call everyone master. I burned the dress a few years later due to embarrassment when someone brought it up in a conversation.

There are some really retarded photos, but they're from the age before digital cameras were common, let alone phone cameras. The only ones that were uploaded went to the con's site, but they've been down for years now!

I regret burning the dress. It was so pretty, I wouldn't mind wearing it now that I'm over it.

>> No.8271293
File: 61 KB, 550x338, RocketCatsGrassKit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>16
>Naturally dark hair
>Cosplaying character with spiky blonde hair
>Buy Halloween yellow colored hairspray instead of getting wig
>Test spray on hair the DAY OF the con
>Hair turns neon green (but only in one spot)
>Due to hair being spiked I wind up looking like pic related the entire con

>> No.8271342

Had a tank girl I threw up with goodwill items one week before a convention. I had a shaved head at the time so it sort of worked, but never really got reconigzed or any pictures. I cried that night because I was so embarrassed. It was my first cosplay. Sadly, I have no pictures.

>> No.8271374

>>8270749
>17, slutty pikachu costume
I had no idea who Jnigs was at the time, but I copied the first pikachu costume I could find on google images. I made everything myself, including an ungodly yellow corset made of broadcloth.
It wasn't /that/ bad construction-wise except for the wrinkly-ass corset but I am hoping no one remembers that I copied Jnigs.

>> No.8271377

>>8271374
this was for a halloween party btw, so I doubt there are any full body photos of me in the costume

>> No.8271425
File: 300 KB, 485x461, clipboard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>circa 2006-2007
>early middle school me
I would take apart old clothing of mine and sew it back together to make costumes from some obscure manga I had read. (Note that these creations were always too small since they were cut from clothing that already fit me before being torn apart.)
At the time I didn't know how to access conventions or where they were because the internet was so poor in my rural country home.
Everything was done in secrecy because my family thought manga and costuming was very strange.
After sewing, I would throw everything away or hide things in the back of my closet for fear of my parents seeing it and mocking me and also because it was just plain bad.
>all hand sewn, zig zagged to hell and back
>thread was never the same color as the fabric, had to scrounge for any bits I could find from my mom’s sewing kit

tldr;
What I remember the most is trying to make an umbreon tail/ears from black fleece and yellow t-shirt material. The end result was what the tail of an umbreon missing a few chromosomes would look like.
Thank god I had common sense and didn't wear that stuff anywhere. Even for halloween.

>> No.8271434

>>8270990
try Delirium again though
for science

>reading Sandman Overture
>tfw Delight briefly appears during flashback but says she is "changing"

>> No.8271491
File: 7 KB, 193x261, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>2007?
>Local Comic book franchise hosts "mini-cons" once a month
>Would always go with friends and be loud autistic weebs
>Decide to make legit cosplay
>KIBA COS A GOT SHORT HAIR
>cut up some men's gray hoody
>hand stitch cheap fuax furr from walmart's craft section
>smear lipstick on face
>nayrooto headband
>cargo pants
>flips flops
>beanie baby terrier
>FUCKIN PRO

>> No.8271501

>>8271491
>tfw mine was also Kiba (babby's first cosplay back in 2004) and some of the description can be applied to me

>> No.8271515

>Itachi Uchiha
>no binder
>no makeup
>wore my glasses
>no wig
>white tennis shoes

It was my first con and had no one to talk to about cosplaying. My grandmother wanted to see me have a good time, so she came along with me.

I got made fun of by the other Naruto cosplayers, not because of my cosplay, but because she was handicapped and I kept going back to check on her to make sure she was alright.

It was my first and last con with my grandmother, I may have looked awful, but I had a lot of fun

>> No.8271534

>>8271491
>>8271515
Forgot to mention I was unbound and I wore my glasses too.

That was sweet of your grandmother to come with you though!

>>8271501
I'm glad I could feel it out with you, Anon.

>> No.8271571

>>8270956
Oh god, please post, or at least give a detailed description

>> No.8271644

so who else did a terrible 7th grade closet misa amane cosplay?

>> No.8271654
File: 4 KB, 160x120, misa misa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8271644
I did it on halloween in 7th grade and went trick or treating and got so upset when people didn't know who I was

>> No.8271664

>be me, 14
>go to first con, AX 09?
>think you have to cosplay to get in for some reason
>cosplay Haruko from FLCL
>was actually okay because my mom sewed it for me
>Halloween spray paint hair
>leave pink everywhere

>> No.8271683

I actually found cgl when someone posted my rave version of a cosplay and linked to my deviantart. In my defense, I had already completed an actual cosplay of the character and was only wearing the rave version to the actual rave.

I also made a really terrible Christine Daae cosplay
>made of muslin
>none of the details
>no layer between skirt and hoop skirt
>hoops clearly visible under muslin
It was just terrible

>> No.8271685

>Most embarrassing
in terms of skin shown when i'm super skinnyfat: Envy from Fullmetal alchemist
in terms of being really shitty: vriska from homestuck complete with spray in black hair color

>> No.8271693

>>8270912
oh that just reminds me that i did a shitty kyou from furuba for halloween with spray in hair color as well...god i'm cringing so hard at my past self, thank god there's no photographic evidence

>> No.8272059
File: 262 KB, 532x800, ducktapecringe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh boy do I have a good example of terrible cosplay.

>Be 17
>First really complicated cosplay
>Ask my mom for help since she's always been a big fan of my hobby, even took me to my first con when I was 3.
>Mom gets super enthusiastic.
>I love her to death so just nod and go along with her ideas.
>"OH ANON LOOK A COCONUT BRA! JUST PAINT IT AND IT WILL WORK! :3"
>O-ok I love you mom this will be awesome!
>"OH ANON WHAT ABOUT THESE DOOR KNOBS FOR YOUR HEADPIECE?! :3"
>O-oh that's an awesome idea!
>"Anon we don't need to hem those sleeves, no one will notice! :3"
>"Hmmm it doesn't seem to fit right.. LET'S USE DUCK TAPE~"

You know despite it being my absolute worst costume ever made and cringing silently all day in it.. It was worth it to have so much fun with her and see her so involved.

>> No.8272202

>>8271265
>>8271063
Whoops, sorry anon, I forgot that some people's parents buy things for them. I grew up with people that decided anything other than food and (goodwill) clothing wasn't a necessity so I had to pay for myself. I'm so glad to be out of that situation, I'm happy you had it better.

>> No.8272212

>>8272059
This doesn't even look cringey, nice job for a 17 year old.

>> No.8272218

Everyone keeps talking about how cringey baby's first costume was that they made when they were like 13 or some shit. I actually love seeing those? Like young teens or kids who obviously made their own costume and are just so excited by a series or to be at a con, it's very nostalgic for me.

>> No.8272224

>>8272059
This looks awesome for using the materials you described. I'm glad you had fun with your mom!

>> No.8272226
File: 51 KB, 384x551, Lirin_Infobox_001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8271654
In 7th grade I made a shitty Lirin costume from some thrift store finds and went trick or treating with my normalfag friends. The whole time they kept asking me shit like "So...who are you supposed to be?"
I just lied a said I was from Harry Potter and they bought it.

>> No.8272233

Sasuke? Anybody?

>> No.8272372
File: 189 KB, 774x1032, taichi_yagami_tai_kamiya_by_skylights01-d6b1yk2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>14
>first cosplay was Tai from Digimon
>didn't turn out that awful tbh, but then again there's not much to fuck up
>apart from the hair
>which I fucked up
>decided to not use wig
>not because low on money or lack of time etc
>thought WOW EVERYONE WILL BE SO IMPRESSED IF I USE MY OWN HAIR PFFT I DON'T NEED NO WIG IT'LL LOOK BETTER THIS WAY
>innocence

In my defense I have really thick hair and when I tested out styling it beforehand it actually went pretty well. Dunno what I did differently when I wore it to a con, I guess the brown dye I used (which went ginger) didn't help. Never again.

Oh and the paint and nail polish(!!!) I used on my shoes cracked and fell off everywhere

>> No.8272711

>6th grade
>Wanted to be Aeris from FF7
>Store-bought everything (but the costume itself actually looked good, found perfect dress somehow)
>Chubby 6th grader with braces and glasses
>Showed up to a photoshoot and they asked "are there any other aeris cosplayers?" Before starting because of how I looked
>first cosplay experience was a sad one

>> No.8272720

>>8272212
>For a 17 year old
I keep seeing people say for a __ year old but at what age are you expected to get your shit together and look good cosplaying?

>> No.8272770
File: 176 KB, 458x700, noragrets.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is the first costume I actually called a "cosplay" and helped to sew myself, alongside my mom. I was 13.

My dress is lumpy with awkward gores and difficult to get into (no zipper), and I chose not to wear makeup at ALL because "lol, she's a TOMBOY, what tomboy wears makeup??" and thus my face is gross in every photo. The red of the boots doesn't match the wig and the socks are a bizarre addition. I'd done some research about wigs, and knew that I wasn't supposed to buy one from Party City, so... I went online and bought one from a different halloween retailer. My tough girl gloves (an in-game item) are just fabric tubes from Hot Topic--I later did get some slightly more intimidating fake leather ones from Target, haha.

I had a fantastic time at my first con in this, though, and the character is unknown enough that blessedly, very few bothered to ask for photos, and those that did just seemed excited that any effort at all was made to represent the series.

>> No.8272774

>>8272226
>Tfw you were such a weeb that you ripped a pant leg off an old pair of jeans to emulate Lirin in daily life

>> No.8272800

>>8272720
This was in a thread recently. The consensus is when one is old enough and experienced enough to make an entire cosplay without their parents help or relying on them for materials, which is what happened here.

>> No.8272863

>>8271644
I'll feel that with you, Anon. I guess mine was more on the average side of thrown together shit. I had one of those Tripp mini dresses and wore it with tights and boots and I already had blonde hair about her length. I was "dead Misa" so I also had angel wings on. I'd like to think it wasn't *too* bad.

>> No.8272905

Mine was Grell Sutcliff, bought the cosplay from CosplayFu (it actually wasn't bad, but i had ordered a grey/brown vest and they gave me red for w/e reason), didn't bind (someone assured my that my breasts wouldn't be noticeable since the costume 'was for men' also i didn't know what binding was), inaccurate boots (borrowed goth combat boots) no wig since my own badly died hair was 'good enough'

Luckily it was only for Halloween, unluckily there was still a lot of walking and my feet were kill. I do want to do him justice one day, maybe.

>>8271008
(yooooooooooo)

>> No.8272914

>>8272770
Honestly that doesn't look awful. It's certainly not cringeworthy, maybe just amateur at worst.

>> No.8273018

Hidan from Naruto. I was a fucking mess.
>I'm female, so used a fucking skin colored shirt to be 'topless' but the shirt was FUCKING SHINY SATIN
>Got hair cut short and used Halloween spray to color it white
>Had ex make me the scythe, it was like 80 pounds and fucking huge and terrible
>no makeup
>A fucking hot mess

Thankfully there is like one photo on DA, but I was around 14 a the time, and I'm sure that photo has long been forgotten.

>> No.8273032

>>8270749
>13 years old
>Weeaboo phase to the max
I bought a shit Miku wig from Amazon and decided I would be the Matryoshka version. So I bought the black jacket with the hood instead of the green without. I did my face with black nail polish and left my glasses on. First cosplay and last for now.

>> No.8273108
File: 65 KB, 479x630, 252558_1416611020810_574083_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>15
>can only handsew poorly
>decides to make a pikachu "not slutty but still showing lots of skin"
>decides no wig is needed
>paints empty ketchup bottle red for joke prop

guys the cringe it was just too real

>> No.8273231
File: 8 KB, 300x300, img-thing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8270749
>about 12 years old
>went to A-kon in 2007 as my first convention
>decide that I want to cosplay
>Mew Pudding from Tokyo Mew Mew
>Fucking buy the costume from CosplayMagic
>Way too small, pretty fat
>Thigh parts on pants keep rolling up to my crotch, garters don't fit, no pedant or weapons
>No wig, loli'mblondanyways
>bought the ear/tail set
>no place to put onto jumper
>lol i'll just use this braided white belt
>Fucking white tennis shoes
>No makeup
>Basically get laughed out of the convention

>> No.8273576

>14 years old
>Snuck into convention for free
>Inner Sakura cosplay from Naruto
>God kill me now
>Video of it somewhere
>Hope I never see it
>Brown wavy hair for black/white cosplay what was I thinking
>Primark Ugg boots cut up to look like ninja boots
>Black vest top with white marking
>Black yoga pants down to knee
>God why haven't you killed me yet
>Shuriken in my shitty cellphone hip pocket thing
>I had a great time though it was my first convention and met amazing people who were so friendly
>Never speak of it again, only my bf knows
>When he makes fun of me for liking Naruto back then I just get so defensive but reminded of great memories at same time

Never on a thread ever.
Don't regret it, was fun and silly for me

I fucking found it oh my god pls no bully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc7GwraMXeo

>> No.8273659

>back in 2008-ish??
>friends and i find out about pmx
>on the first day of pmx
>decide to go the next day
>they want to do a group cosplay
>they all have death note cosplays already but i don't
>"we have everyone but near! he's super easy to get done in a night!"
>hesitantly agree
>immediate regret
>i have no white pajamas and no wig
>friend offers to cut one of her wigs for me
>it's a ratty, mangled mess and also actually blonde
>oh, i'll just use my real hair!
>it's long as fuck and brown
>scrap together "pajamas"
>white frilly pirate shirt from hot topic and inside out grey sweatpants
>honestly consider crying over how terrible i looked but go to con anyway because friends were excited
>went to the death note gathering which was embarrassing in and of itself but still managed to have a good time
>somewhere on youtube video proof exists of that gathering

it ended up actually being a fun day surprisingly but it was also just really cringe-y because of how terrible my cosplay was compared to how good my friends were.

>> No.8273714

>>8272226
I remember when I was 12 I wanted to cosplay Gaiden Goku because it was easy.
>Cut off sleeves off a black shirt
>uses sleeves to make the collar(?)
>uses gold sparkling ribbon and yellow felt to make chain
>hideous wig which I destroyed before con by brushing it with a brush was sort of salvaged by plaiting it.
>blue jeans
>sneakers
Thinking about it makes me cringe so hard, I'm glad I've learnt a lot since then

>> No.8273741
File: 236 KB, 600x450, 4th cosplay '08- Hollow!Ichigo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck it, let's do this. Me as an awkward as fuck 18 yr old (late bloomer holy shit) in 2008 as Hollow!Ichigo from Bleach. Did the crotch of the hakama funny so it didn't sit right and made me look even bigger than I was, and shitty wig I had tried to trim, believe it or not. Worst part is obv the makeup, first time trying to use grease paint, looked like shit so I tried to remove it but ended up having an allergic reaction to the cold cream, just left it because fuck me basically and went to the con anyway.

>> No.8273749

back when hetalia was like, first coming out in the US, my friend asked for help with a panel at a small con to help get the word out. she waited until 3 days before the con started to ask, though.

>have never heard of hetalia until then, scramble to find a character easy enough
>settle on ukraine
>super baggy men's button up shirt
>odd bell bottom-y jean capris with black suspenders
>no knee high boots, instead wore ankle boots with knee high socks that my capris were tucked into
>wig was at least the right color
>too bad it was a bowl cut

it probably could have turned out okay if i had more than 3 days. but i ended up re-doing that cosplay a few times and got pretty popular for it so it all worked out in the end i guess.

>> No.8273955

cardcaptor sakura. made the entire dress out of satin, didn't wear a wig, and wore my black school shoes.

>> No.8273990

>15
>go with friend to con, not cosplaying
>wearing blue jeans, white jumper, pink converse, and have hair dyed black (greasy, too)
>people keep asking if I'm L
>friend has a death note diary and some mascara
>"hell YEAH i'm L"

I wish to forget.

>> No.8274864

Ugh.. it was a Black Star cosplay, from Soul Eater

>ill fitting costume
>not flattering at all, speacially considering I'm chubs
>shoes were crappy shoe covers over converse all stars
>can't even remember if I was wearing gloves at all
>no makeup
>shit prop scythes made out of carboard and a soft wood stick as handles, that wasn't even round
>worst thing of all, using my own hair, spiked it and painted it blue with facepaint (UGH WHY)

I still cringe hard whenever I see pictures. The only good thing about it was that I had a blast at the con, my group won the skit contest and got compliments on my acting skills (???)

One day I should remake that cosplay and compare the before and after. Oh boy, it'd be a laugh.

>> No.8274880

>Make decent costume with friend
>However no wig
>Didnt use make up
>didnt know how to pose
whyyyy

>> No.8274890

>>8270749
I had a Soul-Reaper costume I bought sort of on a whim. I threw it on one ComiCon a few years back, and pretended like it made any sense at all.

>> No.8274899

>5th or 6th grade
>big weeaboo
>convince mom to sew me a kimono for local con
>wear to school
>wear outside climbing trees and shit
>wear it EVERYWHERE
>looks like a fucking dirty bath robe
>wear on halloween to hay ride
>sleeve gets caught in wheel
>sleeve ripped off
>pulled off of ride by the force and almost run over
>almost killed by being a weeb

>> No.8274923
File: 125 KB, 481x720, hs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8271571
No wig, no hair dye, closet cosplay, my prop fell apart a few hours into the day. I only think it could be worse if I hand-made the shirt but that would've required -some- effort.

>>8272770
Considering all the Kumatora cosplays out there, it looks alright actually.

>> No.8275107
File: 83 KB, 869x768, 142982621619828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8270749
my first cosplay was sakura haruno. still love her but i regret dressing as her just because i was 13 or 14 and had a face full of acne. i'm so sorry waifu, ive brought shame to us both.

>> No.8275189
File: 83 KB, 119x386, Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 8.25.37 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8272770
Awwww, anon, your Kumatora is adorable. Here's my Claus from Otakon 2009, I had just turned 14 and was like my second cosplay ever.

>China wig seller had a more light orange (closer to the in game sprite)
>Finally comes in the mail
>Fucking neon orange
>Manage to style it ok for babby's first wig styling, perfect curl going in opposite direction of my Lucas'
>It rains and the wig deflates into this mess
>No make up, capris, etc

I really would like to cosplay as Masked Man now that I'm older and more skilled, but when I went searching for reference, I found pictures of me and another Masked Man cosplayer from Otakon as one of the top results.

>suffering

>> No.8275195

>>8272218
same. it's the adults with attitude PLUS shitty costumes that grind my gears

>> No.8275222

>>8270749
Anemone from Eureka Seven, age 15. Babby's first cosplay, sewn half by me and I think half by my mom after I had a breakdown.

> horrible wig
> necklace fell apart and was only half to begin with
> no contacts
> only foundation/concealer
> dress missing more than half the stripes

Pictures exist because I was hanging out with some cosplayers by Bandai's Nirvash Statue and we got photomobbed a few times. I've never found pictures online, thank god.

>> No.8275236

>15 years old, babby's first cosplay
>vriska serket from homestuck
>bought jeans, shirt, jacket, glasses, etc.
>used black hairspray to color hair (at least it was the correct length and vaguely the right style)
>grey paint applied unevenly on face and backs of hands
>model magic horns that had to be repaired almost constantly
>went to con with friends and had an absolute blast
>one guy tells me i'm the best vriska he saw all day
>to this day i don't know if he was joking but it made my day regardless

>> No.8275249

>>8272059
I'm honestly more amazed your mom let you wear something like that at 17. And it turned out really nice. Tell your mom that she's one cool lady, anon!

>> No.8275265

>14 years old, first time making a cosplay vs. buying
>narutard
>buy long dark green sweater
>cut in half = skirt and shirt
>hot glue messy cotton balls on it
>hot glue black yarn to orange neckwarmers, put on legs
>sexynojutsu Rock Lee

I'm really happy I never found photos. My dad went to the con with me, and I feel so sorry for him having had to hang around me all day. Sorry Dad.

>> No.8275341 [DELETED] 
File: 932 KB, 1280x1707, broadcloth nightmare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Otakuthon 2013, I think? I was 18, and I'd been to cons before but never cosplayed. I put this together the night before the con. The paint was still wet and I kept having to jam my arms out at hamsteaks who wanted my picture. And it was broadcloth. And shapeless. I'm still upset.

>> No.8275352

>was godtier rose from homestuck
>broadcloth nightmare
>painted sun with puffy paint
>used a black eyeliner as lipstick
>i was 18 and this was otakuthon 2013
>still die seeing pictures

>> No.8275711

For my very first convention I wanted to go as Edward Elric. I had a little experience sewing so I figured I could make something pretty awesome.
>made cloak out of unlined broadcloth from Joann's with black felt for the symbol
>thought I could save time by buying the rest of his clothes and modifying them
>purchased a black long sleeve shirt, tank top, and jeans from Ragstock
>cut shirt to make jacket, whoops, lol, it's knit so it's all curled up and fraying; can't get trim to lay right so will just go without it
>can't figure out how to do his mechanical arm until *BeSt IdEa EvEr* I'll make it out of a sleeve from the now trashed long sleeved shirt and grey felt
>it looked as good as you think it did
>figured I could use my own hair because I'm blonde and Edward just wore his in a ponytail

Luckily, I decided I looked terrible before ever wearing it to the con, so I only ended up wearing the jacket, which I was sadly proud of. The worst part was that I was in my freshman year of college when I did this. I almost want there to be pictures, somewhere out there, so I can see how horrible I really looked.

>> No.8275723
File: 23 KB, 101x103, 11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>One of my first cons
>Dressed as Deidara from Naruto
>Wig didn't show up so I attempted to bleach my brown hair the correct colour. Ends up being lighter brown, but nowhere near the right colour
>Superglue eyescope to face (a small dot of glue, but still managed to rip part of my eyebrow out)
>Sandals made of old socks
>Somehow manage to not look like a total piece of shit
>Participate in a "Thousand Years of Pain" circle.
>Mfw the video is still on youtube.
>Mfw I went to look it up again to be sure and realized it's MY fucking video.

Part of me wants to erase it from existence, but part of me knows I was having the time of my life at that con, even if I couldn't finish watching the video.

>> No.8275732
File: 254 KB, 720x540, 35366_1231135798048_3413604_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8275723
I found a picture, the hair is unfortunately (and terribly) photoshopped by my younger self or you could see what a weird patchy blonde-brown colour it turned. I'd forgotten I was wearing fucking baseball pants and that my cloak zipper broke halfway through the con, exposing my poorly bound chest to the whole con.
Why did I have no shame. Why.

>> No.8275774

>>8270749
>like 13 or 14
>huge Yami no Matsuei fan
>Massive ill-fitting seifuku from shitty knee-length white pleated skirt and white button up with hand-sewn sailor collar messily stitched on, ribbons hot-glued on and everything
>add a labcoat, round glasses, and fingerless gloves
>It's Watari after his potion works guys XD

I'm sure we took pictures at that con, but thank god I've never been able to find them... I'm curious sometimes just how bad it was but... I'm pretty sure I know exactly how bad.

>> No.8275908
File: 416 KB, 2048x2960, shadowhearts_grace.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8272212
>>8272224
>>8275249
Oh wow thanks anons. I guess I'm hard on it since it really doesn't do the source material justice and I've improved so much since then.

Haha I was surprised she let me wear it too, but she's sort of a hippy.

>> No.8275921

>maybe second or third costume ever made by myself
>unsealed body paint in shade of blue so dark it looked like blackface in shady areas, got on everything
>party city tier shiny wig
>oven baked clay "glasses"
I was a hot fucking mess that day, but I learned my lesson quick and improved rapidly. And at least I had the manners, after seeing that my paint was rubbing off on my costume, to not touch anything or anyone until I washed it all off an hour or so later.

>> No.8276037
File: 160 KB, 669x1000, Weeabius maximus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

be me and new in sewing
>huge weaboo
>try real cosplay for the first time (first coupls times were closet cosplay)
>get invited to a Hetalia group
>Shoot was a few days far
>Get nervous
>bought wrong color (Italy's blue instead of Prussia's one)
>use longer Youmus wig
>get my mom's boots
>ask a friend for the belt
>I cringe so much
>I was proud
>FML
Ive had other ugly cosplays but none like this one

>> No.8276067

> be 14
>first con
>one of a billion L s from Death Note
it helped I was a skinny Asian. Random whitengirls would give me candy. One even gave me a drawing. Because it was my first con, I wanted to try and cosplay like everyone else so I just threw on the white short and jeans.
Looking back at it though is cringe worthy.

>> No.8276077

>>8272770
>>8275189

>GF at the time convinces me to play Mother 3 and cosplay Masked Man
>Decided to do everything week of con
>Use leather jacket from closet & bought orange pants
>Makes helmet & cannon out of EVA foam and hot glue
>cringe
>Goes to con and hides helmet in bag and walks around with shitty canon on my hand all day

Now that I actually know how to work with foam now,and to start a project way earlier I wouldn't mind cosplaying Masked Man again,but I am glad there are no pictures of me in something so cringy for even a first timer

>> No.8276086

>>8274923

Where are your shins???

>> No.8276095

>>8275908
wait, was your butt just out like that in the costume your mom helped you make?
damn mom

>> No.8276149

>>8271008
You wanna talk Homestuck?
>be me
>second cosplay ever
>had tight grey jeans, so decided to be karkat for a local con
>tried to cut a stencil for the shirt, didn't have grey paint so I used white and tried to cover it with silver paint pen
>wig and grey both from a halloween store
>styled wig with glue
>same black makeup on eyebrows and lips
>couldn't get contacts in
>the con is the weekend after I've both broken up with my ex and started my period
>after putting on the probably expired paint, see how terrible I look in the mirror
>the paint was also on the shirt's collar by now
>tears of failure gush down my face
>the paint is not sealed
>trying to fix myself, but my ride's leaving
>throw a totally unmatching scarf around face
>pick up prop I made out of styrofoam because the craft store guy didn't know what foam board was
>see self in side mirror of car on the way
>elmer's wig, two tear tracks, and a scarf
>fml.jpg

>> No.8276156

>>8274923
I... think I stood in line behind you guys at a Homestuck panel in California. You were making out.

>> No.8276160

My first Jacket cosplay, god that was bloody wreck with the barely fitting letterman jacket...

>> No.8276310

>>8276095
Naw I made it a bit more modest in the back at her request haha.

>> No.8276370

>be me
>14 years old
>second mini-convention
>red head = freckles
>cosplay as Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3
>green skirt (at least it was the correct shade)
>old white vest with lumpy filling
>brown boots with fur at the top
>winter so my mum decided my top wouldn't be sleeveless
>shoulder lenght red hair
>no contacts
>toy shotgun
>drag my best friend to the con
>she isnt even into games/animu
>decide to participate in the cosplay contest
>improvise a skit with said friend
>Win first place
>get posters of unknown anime girls as prize

>halloween is coming
>bury the costume in the garden three months before so it would be 'worn'
>dig it up
>put it on
>smear tons of fake blood on
>Memory of Alessa

I want to redo it some day ;___;

>> No.8276478

>>8272059
My father was the same thing honestly. I seriously know the feeling of one of your parents helping out with cosplay and going "Oh how about this" or "How about that?" and you just don't want to shoot them down so you just say "Oh y-yeah, that could work." but in the end it's pretty sweet that they want to help and get into a hobby. My dad still wants to cosplay Assassin's Creed when he's only watched someone play it for an hour. I remember he got a bow and arrow kit with real arrows and I was explaining to him how he can't take that into the con and he's like "Why the fuck not?" Parents man.

>> No.8276529
File: 511 KB, 604x569, why this.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8275189
Yo, man, my Lucas cosplay used red ribbons for the stripes. Also the wig was too short and I had no idea how to use a wigcap so my hair peeked out. I also did nothing with my naturally dark eyebrows, had no make-up, and the damn flower store I went to had no more sunflowers even though I checked the day before so I had no props.

Only one person (plus my friend, which is pic related) took photos. But I still had a lot of fun and the one guy who recognised me was super-excited, which was nice.

>> No.8276635

ICHIGO

>> No.8276653

>First evar cosplay
>Bought a custom tailored coat and hat from a woman in china 'cuz I can't sew
>Hunted down shirt, vest, pants, contacts
>Got custom fangs made
>Shaved, dyed and straightened hair
>Fat face, look like an idiot, everything is flat and bland
>Almost won local costume contest (really small, only about 6 entries)
>Lost because "friend" fought with all the judges that I didn't make it myself
>Still won random door prize
>Didn't really care that I lost, except that I lost to a guy in a sheet and a round piece of foam
>Still think the costume was terribad and completely wrong character for body type
>Only one picture, still embarassed to this day of it

>> No.8276713

>First actual con with friends in 2011
>Wanted to cosplay from Fallout New Vegas because it was new.
>Tries to make a last minute ranger cosplay out of cardboard and a plastic helmet. Didn't even paint it the right color.
>Don't have a duster so I borrow my friend's mom's and it's a light tan instead of dark brown.
>Didn't have time to make armor so I wore a tube top to be a "sexy version" instead.
>Flag was made really badly of acrylic paint and sharpie.
>Still got tons of pictures taken of me.

I was so embarrassed of that cosplay too, especially at a con later on in the year where I managed to remake and finish things it didn't look nearly as bad. Whenever I see pictures of it I cringe and just want to cry because I was such an idiot.

>> No.8276740

Pictures to go with stories would be nice

>> No.8276844

>>8276156
Not us, sorry

>> No.8279933

>>8272059
That's sweet, anon.

>> No.8281073
File: 77 KB, 480x640, anon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8276740
>>8276653
In spite of my better judgement, I'll post it anyways.

>> No.8281077

>>8281073
that costume is pretty good but you're right, you definitely don't have the right body style

>> No.8281083

>Closet cosplay OC I made up five minutes before the con because I thought I needed to cosplay to be there
>Red sleeveless button-down under an unbuttoned white short-sleeved button-down
>Red cotton fingerless gloves curling at the ends because I just cut the fingers off of winter gloves
>Flare jeans with a Naruto headband tied around one leg
>Didn't even like Naruto, just went with people that had a spare headband

>> No.8281086

>>8270749
i feel bad for that pepsi cosplayer.

>> No.8281094

>>8281077
I expected more flaming, thanks.

And yes, that's why my next cosplay is the only character I could think of that I might be able to pull off: Ganondorf.

>> No.8281118
File: 7 KB, 206x206, 10455588_524814340974736_2824268259721590714_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

welp heres my first cosplay of hououin kyouma from stienss gate. made it with some short i had in my dwar and a labcoat i had to get from my cousin. i think its awful but i still pull it out every halloween because i like wearing labcoats

>> No.8281128

>>8281118
>didn't even bother sweeping back your hair
jesus christ get it together

>> No.8281140

>>8281094
Tbh you have a pretty soft jawline, Ganondorf has a really well defined face. Unless you've lost some weight since then it might be questionable.

>> No.8281157

>>8281128
i did at the con but not in that pic

>> No.8281169

>anko from naruto
>15 years old, what is makeup
>don't even attempt putting long center part hair up
>generic beige trench coat from goodwill
>borrow a couple belts from my mother to put over one shoulder
>lace shirt with mesh back and velvet binding around neckline worn backwards
>no headband
>tevans
>baby's first con alone
>awkwardly tag along with the first naruto cosplayers nice enough to give me the time of day
thank god this was before digital cameras were popular... I think there's still some film photos I took on a disposable camera which I've shoved to the back of the closet at my parents' house.

>> No.8281171

>>8281118
My first cosplay was that as well, no wig but the way i styled my hair was similar enough, except for that i have light brown hair. the only redeeming part of the cosplay was the labcoat was the official one from the psp release, and that I could mimic his laugh fairly well

>> No.8281783
File: 60 KB, 250x400, yeahno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I did Poison Ivy last year at Otakon. Looking back I don't think it was a great idea.

>I wanted the costume it's self to be made out of leaves but they didn't stick to the material that well
>I made it into two pieces giving it a weird bulge at times
>The gloves are the wrong color
>I don't have the body type for it

>> No.8281827
File: 64 KB, 290x600, smileciel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me in middle school
>"Buying cosplay is too expensive, I'll just make it instead!"
>decides that Smile!Ciel was good first time project, as in no sewing experience ever
>no wig, shitty spray on hair color
>jersey knit for bloomers
>f21 shirt that has stripes smaller than ants
>grossly made ruffles to attach to neck and front
>craft foam hat
>shoody paint on stripped stocking
>no makeup
>glasses

I was so proud of it back then, and now that I look back I'm cringing so hard. My family still brings that costume up in convos to laugh at.

>> No.8285160

>>8281140
Actually I'm going to be making prosthetics for my jaw, nose, bridge, and eyebrows. I'll also be punching the hair for his eyebrows and beard so I don't have to worry about styling/dying mine.

Also because I don't think any normal man has facial features like him. But at least he doesn't have one of those 30 degree anime chins.

>> No.8285196

>>8271644
I did one on halloween. I had a Hot Topic shirt and a stretchy skirt that my sister sewed black satin ruffles on. I still have the shirt. In retrospect it wasn't that bad, I had fun but oh my god.

>> No.8285198

>>8281783
I've seen much much muuuuch worse. You did okay.

And furthermore you know where it didn't work, not one of these kids walkin' around tone-deaf to their own fuckups.

>> No.8285225

When I was twelve, I tried to make a hatsune miku wig out of felt. I'm both sad and relieved that there are no photos of it.

>> No.8289588

>>8274923

The girl next to you is cute

>> No.8289607

>>8270749

Natsume from Natsume yuuijinchou

>No binder
>awful cheap fabric
>first time making a gakuran
>inaccurate wig

I like to pretend it never happened

>> No.8292627

I used to cosplay homestuck and that by itself is embarassing. But one con I was cosplaying terezi in her scalemate boxers and started my period in the car on the way to the con and didn't even realize it until I arrived at said convention center. Period blood all over the boxers I worked so hard on

>> No.8293279

Y'all are adorable, idk why but I was smiling throughout reading these. You were young, you acknowledge that it wasn't great and you learned from it. idk that make me really happy and nostalgic like >>8272218 said

>> No.8293325

Ouch. It hurts every time I'm reminded of my first cosplay.
As a 13 year old weeb I obviously wanted to cosplay Miku. I bought an ill-fitting cosplay from one of these shitty way too expensive sites, wore absolutely no makeup as I had never put on makeup ever in my life, and worst of all, a huge wig that was one big tangle within five minutes of wearing it. Honestly, that wig was so horrible that multiple strangers felt the need to comment on it. And I didn't have a wig cap, so my own hair peeked out. I can't believe I walked around like that for 2 cons. Being a 13 year old isn't an excuse for everything.

>> No.8293347

My first cosplay was "Alice in Wonderland L."

It doesn't matter what mental image you get from that sentence, it was exactly as bad as it sounds.

>> No.8293361

Cardcaptors sakura the song battle costume. Made when I was 12.
>Didnt use a wig
>didn't bother with makeup
>under skirt was flat as fuck
>hems sucked
>under arm sewing was coming apart
>staff made out of paper mache, didn't sand it so it was all lumpy

I really think about remaking this one a lot. I love cardcaptors sakura and the battle costumes are all awesome.

>> No.8293365

>>8281073
Ah fuck man
>dat slouched over posture
im cringing, im sorry

>> No.8293377

For my very first cosplay I didn't know what character to do so I thought I would do one of those mascot-style food cosplays (i.e. box of pocky ) that I had seen people do before. I decided I wanted to be a giant piece of sushi. I got assistance from my dad in creating the base out of chicken wire and creating a harness inside it for me to wear. I then hot glued fleece onto the chicken wire base and used spray painted styrofoam balls for the fish eggs.

I wore it to AWA back in 2007 (I think?) and it was relatively popular so as a middle schooler I was very happy. I'm fairly sure no pictures of it survive anymore.

>> No.8293747

My first cosplay was twilight sparkle (I was 13, I think).
It was really sloppy, I just bought a lilac sweater and hand-sewed the cutie mark on it, and wore a jeans skirt and a legging with it.
Bought a purple wig on some party webshop, and fixed two foam ovals and a paper (!) horn to a headband.
My friends cosplayed the other ponies, and weren't very good either...

>> No.8293853

>>8271425
are you me because this is almost exactly what i did

>> No.8293873

>>8293747

> FIM came out in late '10
> 13 and cosplaying FIM
> Even if you did it in the first month of the show you wouldn't be 18 now

Come back in a few years, or at least be less obvious.

>> No.8293890

A fucking closet cosplay of Light from Death note, which consisted of an oversized blazer and pants from the thrift shop, one of my father's ties, and a wig that I dyed brown but fucked up and it ended up all weird and sticky (I still wore it)
I never went to a con in it but I DID go to the mall several times. So fucking embarrassing, but at least it made me happy.

>> No.8294438

>>8293377
This is actually kind of cute, Anon post pictures if you find them

>> No.8294472
File: 1.54 MB, 1944x2592, Reliving my shame.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8294438
Managed to find one picture. My friend bought me that little plush sushi to go along with my outfit. Turns out it was AWA 2008 so I was 13 at the time.

>> No.8294473
File: 659 KB, 540x720, nonono.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>First Cosplay, no idea what is taboo
>Cheap shiny satin and party city wig
>No makeup or wig cap
I thought It was great at the time but I was young and into Hetalia. Now I use it for inspiration to not be cringey.

>> No.8295645
File: 44 KB, 478x439, Miyuki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Miyuki Chan In Wonderland.
I put a blonde (yes, blonde) shiny party wig on, similar to >>8294473
My mom helped me to make the dress (made in batiste) and the apron was made with a shitty shiny satin, with the ruffles made of some fabric that I found on my house, it was a mess.

Fun tip, I was 17 and when my dad saw me using the garter he stood looking at it and didn't say anything but I knew he was really upset haha

>> No.8295661

Bear in mind this was a decade ago, so shit tier cosplay was more common.

>Be old enough to know better
>Day before con, friend asks me to dress up as L to match her Mello
>Never heard of Deathnote, ask her what I need
>"Oh just a baggy, thin white sweater and jeans"
>"Also you don't need a wig because your hair is black. Even though it's back length you can just pull it into a ponytail"
>Don't look up references like a moron
>Get to con, see a Deathnote manga in the dealers room. Realize what I've done
>Everyone else at the meetup was shit tier, but I definitely took the cake

>> No.8295663

>fanime 2014
>kill la kill hype
>enters the masquerade as nui with my fashion week senketsu
>notcanon.png
>shittiest nui wig you will ever see
>scissor blade gets caught and breaks in half in my rat nest of a wig
>still somehow win second place for most epic
>ends up on /cgl/ a week later
So what about everyone else? Anyone ever had their cosplays posted here?

>> No.8295694

>>8294472
omg anon that is hilarious and really cute, I love it

>> No.8295696
File: 435 KB, 535x1127, Screenshot_2015-05-02-11-17-54-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This halo suit I made, it's self explanatory. Pretty shit tier.

Also
> mfw they let me walk around with a real katakana

>> No.8295734

>>8295663
Any pic I wanna see :)

>> No.8295738
File: 64 KB, 420x300, 1235665932512.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

While my first cosplay sucked, I cringe most at my Bible Black cosplay when I was like 15 years old. It didn't suck that much I'm just embarrassed of the whole idea(it wasn't lewd either, just the normal school uniform). Maybe I was trying to be edgy or I just wanted attention for doing hentai cosplay. Thank god it's been almost 10 years so I don't really think about this stuff anymore.

>> No.8295743

>>8295661
Omg shit I would die, I bet from time to time you think back and cringe just like me.

>> No.8295750

>>8295696
>Katakana

>> No.8295756

>>8276149
Oh shit I actually teared on this one, that's depressing yo.

>> No.8295762
File: 71 KB, 1280x1280, 029d2c4a_fba5_4a72_95ba_0d574671fff9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295750
Kek

>> No.8295779
File: 679 KB, 496x704, christ.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A shitty eevee gijinka for halloween when I was in middle school (age 13).
Everything was from Target or I owned before, other than the ears and furry parts (which I made my mom help me with, since I couldn't sew in a straight line). I wore a tulle skirt from my elementary school fairy costume underneath my skirt because I thought it would make me look ~so rorita~.
I don't even know what's happening in my stomach area. Just looking at this makes me cringe, I actually wore it to Fanime...

>> No.8295783
File: 230 KB, 640x1136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295734
im legit tearing up just looking at this
im so glad i lost all that weight, plus my new nui looks much better
enjoy a good laugh m8

>> No.8295784

>>8295779
You probably looked real cute. Don't worry you were young so no one probably cared.

>> No.8295787

>>8295783
you are a brave soldier, anon.

>> No.8295793

>>8295783
Let me lick dem sweet tears lol jk. You made it sound worst then it looked. What happen to your knee?

>> No.8295802

>>8295783
Pic of the new?

>> No.8295803

>>8295793
Ahh I have eczema so it's really easy for me to get scabs. Even by just sitting on my knees causes them to get scratched. Even my second attempt at remaking the wig was a failure, and my knees were always talked about. Strange, but luckilly I use skin colored tights now so I don't look as...weird. :3c

>> No.8295805
File: 35 KB, 462x604, 10391675_1267008963624_2817313_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tfw misfired so bad i made my own thread

tshirt base, poly cotton and sating everything, tipex painted hair clips and a free hugssign

miss the days i could enjoy such a shit con as mcm though

>> No.8295811
File: 1.14 MB, 1680x1050, Konachan.com - 178275 jay_phenrix tengen_toppa_gurren_lagann watermark yoko_littner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pre-timeskip Yoko

Wasn't even aware of the "stigma" at the time, that was honestly my second favourite outfit of hers and I didn't have the time/skill to make the jacket and boots for the Bounty Hunter version.

My gun was bretty good and I put effort into the belt and bracelets because I always saw people skimp on those, but the wig and boots were atrocious, plus I didn't use spirit gum to hold the socks and gloves in place so they were sliding down all day.

>>8272059
>Shadow Hearts
Yaaaas.

>> No.8295820

>>8295803
I have eczema too. Try taking a bath in Epsom salt or magnesium flakes combine with half a cup of Himalayan or sea salt. And use eczema lotion Tru the day, or just go to the doc and get help.

>> No.8295824
File: 324 KB, 960x1280, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295802
Dress needs to be redone but yeah!!
>>8295803
Thanks for the advice anon! I'll do that!

>> No.8295831

>>8295824
No problem, eczema sucks. You look cute.

>> No.8295874
File: 30 KB, 590x593, Hiragana Chart.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295696
How bout some hiragana too m8?

>> No.8295972
File: 256 KB, 900x711, Lwb0RUa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295874
Damn you guys make me lol at my own mistake. Curse dat auto correct.

>> No.8296480

>>8273576
Don't feel bad anon. Mine is worse.

>19 or so
>Decides to do Rock Lee from Naruto Shippuden
>Random spandex half cut jump suit
>Ebay Anbu Jacket
>Actual white ACE tape as the bandages
>Real hair cut into a bowl cut and permed
>Itachi headband because I couldn't find the right one at the time
>No makeup
>Darken my own eyebrows to get the bushy look.

Oh and my favorite
>Same con
>Decides to go as Near
>Couldn't find white pajamas so decide to use a white shirt and medical scrub pants found from the thrift store
>Couldn't find a wig so spray painted a brown dollar store wig white with random color party hair paint
>Borrow ex bf's Gundam toys and randomly buys dices
>Wears converse but occasionally wears socks at the con
>No shoes

>> No.8296505

>>8295779
You had huge tits for a 13 year old

>> No.8296822
File: 2.16 MB, 400x316, hightimeforpietime.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ctrl + f
>no Gaia avatar cosplays

>14
>Cosplay old Gaia avi
>black pants
>black shirt
>black sunglasses
>black boots
>black trench coat
>black fingerless gloves
>guitar
>white cat ears and tail

I would go on to cosplay another much more complicated avatar 2 years later, still makes me cringe even if it came out okay.

>> No.8296839

>>8296505
Yeah, and I was pretty chubs (5"6', around 160 lbs) which didn't help.