[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 299 KB, 670x808, anoldsissy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8267671 No.8267671 [Reply] [Original]

How old are you?

What styles (and subset of that style) do you dress in?

How do you feel about it?

Do you think you'll grow out of it or do you have a set age at which you'll stop?

Pic related: How I feel I look when I dress cute.

>> No.8267733

I'm mostly into classic and sweet-classic and imo those styles look pretty nice even on older women. I'll probably tone it down a lot once I start a family but I don't think I'll ever completely stop just because I'm supposedly too old to be kawaii.

>> No.8267738

>>8267733

ffs why did you even reply to a troll thread

cgl has become really bad at not replying to trolls

sage, hide, and report. that's what i'm doing, and i'm only replying because you seem like a good person so ffs please don't reply to this shit in the future

>> No.8267739

>How old are you?
>What styles (and subset of that style) do you dress in?
Classic/toned down goth
>How do you feel about it?
I like it, I feel pretty, get to wear nice things, and it doesn't stand out way too much
>Do you think you'll grow out of it or do you have a set age at which you'll stop?
I'll probably sell some of it, like the IW sailor OP I have when it stops looking cute and replace it with something more 'mature'.

If you feel like that you should either switch styles, or tone it down

>> No.8267740

>>8267738
we have threads like this all the time tho

>> No.8267742

>>8267740

with a fucking ageplayer on top?

good job cgl. you're more fucking stupid than i took you for

>> No.8267804

>>8267742
ok but the image was an exaggeration?

>pic related: how i feel i look when i dress cute

she's saying she feels like some creepy old fart wearing baby clothes...because she feels old (?) ...she's not like, saying lolita has anything to do with ageplay. it was a joke

>> No.8267812

>How old are you?

Mostly classical! I bought a few pink and sax dresses a while back, but I feel weird wearing them. I'm most comofortable in classic I guess.

I loooooove it! Super cute but elegant at the same time. Feels wonderful.

>Do you think you'll grow out of it or do you have a set age at which you'll stop?
I don't know? I mean, yeah I'll probably tone it down a little when I'm older, but I can't see myself "outgrowing" it at any point?

>> No.8267815

>How old are you?
Sweet/sweet-classic
I like it and I think it suits me. But I have a very nice case of baby face and I look eighteen most of the time. I never wear ott, though.
I'll go with the flow. Maybe I'll get more classic than sweet with the time... Who knows?

>> No.8267832

>How old are you?

Gothic and sweet. I'm trying to wear a toned down version or sweet that could look mature though (Kind of like Liz Lisa or Axes Femme)

Super self conscious about the sweet style, I'm really worried about looking like gross old-looking itas.

Don't know. I don't care about age as long as I age well enough. I honestly don't know if I look younger than my age or not (some of my friends love to brag about it, it's not even true and it's ridiculous). If I can look early 20 in my 30 I'll be happy.
Plus a lot of my dream dresses are sweet and I'm not dropping $600 to 1k without having a stable job first so I'll be at least 25 when I'll get a full time job.

>> No.8267862

>22
>Gothic/Classic/Sweet/Sailor/Pirate/Hime
>Good, but I do feel kind of awkward in pink and sax
>Lolita has been one of my greatest passions since I was 14, I highly doubt I will ever stop. If I did, age would not be a factor I took into consideration. Hopefully, I will stop going on 4chan before I turn 25, though.

>> No.8267886

>How old are you?
About to turn 20.

Sweet and sweet-classic, usually casual variations of both because I wear lolita at least twice a week.

I love it. Lolita has been one of my favorite styles since middle school. It's also shaped how I dress outside of lolita, as I find myself gravitating towards otome and casual fairy kei-inspired looks.

I don't plan on stopping at a specific point, but as I get older I'm phasing out the kiddy-sweet stuff like Toy Fantasy in my wardrobe and moving towards a more refined, toned-down sort of look. Right now my dream coordinate is actually the Dreamy Horoscope skirt in black, white tights, a white blouse, a black cardigan, and black shoes--it's casual but still has the lolita elements I love. I'm learning to wear lolita items in what passes for quirky normal outfits, and since I work in the theatre world, it's a look that I can keep doing until I get bored of it.

>> No.8267887

>age
I'm 25 and just got into the fashion.
>style
Mainly classic or sweet-classic with some sailor thrown in.
Great. I love wearing lolita and feel so pretty and confident in it. My sweeter items are the only ones I feel a little self-conscious about sometimes due to my age, but I'm told I have a bit of a baby face, so that helps.
>growing out of it
I have no idea, definitely no set stopping age. I might start shifting toward otome. Honestly, I'm scared of getting old and plan on killing myself in the next 10-15 years unless my whole life gets a lot more worth living, so I'll probably keep wearing it until I die.

>> No.8267898

Gothic, Classic on the darker side.

Fucking fine.

I will probably find something else I like eventually and this isn't my main hobby or fashion interest. However for me age has nothing to do with it. I don't try to look cute, I like mature looks.

>> No.8267914

>How old are you?

I just had a sweet revival.

Great

I thought so, so I left (for classic), but then I missed it and went back to sweet and everone still thinks it looks good on me. So, I guess when I run out of baby face and my coords start raising eyebrows instead of compliments, because as a person, I will never "grow out of" animal purses and adorable hats, and neither did my grandma. I will be one of those red hat society ladies one day.

>> No.8267927

Hitting 40 soon

Sweet lolita (I don't wear it to work), bit of classic.

I'm more worried I'm posting on 4chan at my age than I am about what I'm wearing

I thought I'd have grown out of it by now but I just bought new AP dresses and am waiting for an IW print and btssb's flower cart to be released. Not sure if need help.

>> No.8267946

>How old are you?

AP sweet, but I'm moving away from prints. I'm liking their non print dresses more and more. Also dipped my toes in de Baby side of sweet, actually liked it and I might do more of that.

Pretty fucking fine

Nah I don't think I'll ever grow out of it. My style will probably change but that's fine. Maybe I'll get into otome or something.

>> No.8267948

>>8267671
>How old are you?

Sweet and Gothic

Meh, I dress in goth and hippie clothes out of lolita, so it doesn't make too much of a difference.

I'll probably sell it all once I get old, and wrinkly, but for right now I love the fashion.

>> No.8267969

>>8267927
Honestly I have a lot of respect for older lolitas. I don't even care if your face is full of wrinkles, as long as you have nice coord skills and know how to put on make up.

>> No.8268056
File: 155 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>How old are you?

ouji, decora, possibly going to dip my toes into shironuri

i'm still young, so why shouldnt i do it now?

I'll probably slowly and naturally mature with age, but i cant say when that will happen.

>im going to try so hard to not be this guy

>> No.8268059
File: 19 KB, 425x372, 1421895321704.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8268056
>mfw i misread the styles question
shit

>> No.8268066

>How old are you?

Sweet.

I love it, makes me feel really cute. I would like to experiment with a more elegant sweet style eventually like sweet classic, but that means more money that I just dont have right now to play with.

Do you think you'll grow out of it or do you have a set age at which you'll stop?
Not really, I think I'll be wearing lolita for life because I love it so much. It's really the only clothes I put on my body that make me feel confident and good about my body. When I get older and it starts to show I'll shift my wardrobe to mainly sweet classic.

>> No.8268069

>>8268066

My good god I forgot to green text all the questions.

>so sorry anons

>> No.8268072

>>8267671
>How old are you?
Kuro - Aristo - Classic
I feel gorgeous, divine.
No

>> No.8268082
File: 311 KB, 1132x713, 856fd4g.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>How old are you?

Classic I guess, I'm starting to get in to old school though. I just prefer the older designs more.

Pretty damn good.

Possibly? I'm too young to worry about that right now.

>> No.8268086
File: 31 KB, 250x350, 1392172522251.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8268072
I like you, anon. I too hope to transcend my basic form and become a metaphysical kawaii entity when I'm your age.

>> No.8268093

>>8267742
Do you honestly not have a single drop of humour in your body Jesus christ woman

>> No.8268104

>>8268072
You're an inspiration, honestly. Keep doing what you do. I'm sure you look amazing.

>> No.8268201

>How old are you?

Gothic, mostly kuro, old school sweet and gothic, country.

Wish I could do it more. I'm a lone lolita who is chronically ill and I don't have anyone in my area I can dress with.

I don't want to stop but I'm already getting pressure from my family to "move on from dressing outlandishly."

>> No.8268214

>How old are you?

Sweet, sweet/classic

I love it.

I don't have a set age, but I do my best to dress well and not look little girly so I'll dress in it as long as I like it.

>> No.8268222

>How old are you?

Sweet and classic. More sweet at the moment. Trying to shy away from pastel vomit but I really like it, so I wouldn't be surprised if I picked up a few favorites.

I usually look around early to mid twenties at the oldest, so I'm fine with wearing super sweet things. But I typically save them for conventions or really large meets. When I go out in public with lolita in smaller groups (I don't go out much anymore by myself... negative experiences) I tend to wear more toned down items or things leaning more toward classic. Right now my wardrobe is mostly lavender, jewel tones, black and brown.

I hate the term "grow out of it". If you truly love something, you never really grow out of it, but come to appreciate it differently. There might come a time when I'm older and super sweet lolita just won't be passable on me any more. I'll either go with more subdued styles. But then again, as I find myself getting older, the less fucks I give, so who knows. I'll probably be an eccentric kooky old lady.

>> No.8268229
File: 92 KB, 560x525, 4001902_saea_vintage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm 22 and look like I'm 16 because of my East Asian genes.

I used to wear a mori/natural-kei fusion with Zettai Ryouiki. Now I'm entering the job world and find my self wearing tights more then thigh highs. I still retain some of the style with skirts and structured proportions, but eventually all of my clothes will probably be secretary clothes or onee-kei instead of the cute aesthetic.

>> No.8268583

>>8267927
Ditto, 35 here. We're here forever remember.

I wear mostly gothic and classic but still break out the sweet styles from time to time.

>> No.8268588

>>8267671
>26

>toned down sweet, sweet/classic, pure classic, gothic

>i feel great about it! i look really young still but now that i'm in my mid-twenties, i have a real job that allows me to afford great pieces for my wardrobe and enough knowledge to put coords together and have them look good. i was shit at fashion in general up until i was about 19 or 20.

>nah, i think classic and gothic in particular look beautiful on older women. i might stop wearing pink all the time when i hit 30, but i doubt it

>> No.8268591

>>8267742
that's clearly a fucking joke

you're taking it way too seriously, anon

>> No.8268606

>>8267914
> I will be one of those red hat society ladies one day.

You and me both, anon.

>> No.8268617

>>8268072
>Kuro - Aristo - Classic

oh man, i loved seeing that list of styles. i bet you look awesome. i'm a big fan of kuro but i rarely see it these days!

>> No.8268638

>How old are you?

Classic/Gothic

Pretty damn good about it. It suits my body/height and my personality.

I can see myself wearing it well into my thirties. I don't have a set age in mind, but I figure eventually I'll transition to EGA/historical fashions when I feel too old for Lolita and otome.

>> No.8268668

>>8267927
>>8268072
I'm still in my 20s but you guys are an inspiration. I don't see myself leaving the fashion any time soon, but it's great to see people living what I plan to do in 10+ years.

>> No.8268678

>How old are you?
Classic, casual, and gothic lolita, otome, mori
Pretty awesome. "On point" is how a lot of people describe my outfits, whether it's a friend or a total stranger. While the compliments are fun, though, it's honestly mostly about how nice I feel about putting thought into my clothes. I don't like the idea of just throwing on anything and being satisfied with that.
Lord no, I just got into lolita a year ago and I am not stopping any time soon. I might even try sweet just for the hell of it.

Also I love seeing all the other oldfags come out of the woodwork for this. There were some posts in a feels thread the other day talking about how 30 was too old for /cgl/. Man, I dunno about you, but dressing pretty and being a nerd at cons is ageless as long as you aren't a creep.

>> No.8268689

>How old are you?

21, almost 22.

Sweet lolita. My style is fairly toned down/leaning in the otome direction.

Pretty good. I never had the courage to dress cute and girly when I was in high school, so I'm doing it now.

Not really. One of my friends is almost thirty and still wears sweet lolita. Granted, she looks like she's 20, but she's a married adult with a job and doesn't give a fuck about what people think of her style. I'll aspire to be like her and just wear it until I don't feel good in it anymore. Once that happens I'll probably transition to otome and vintage styles.

>> No.8268714

Just turned 36 yesterday but a lot of people say I look 25. I wear gothic on special occassions. Never was a big fan of pastels or busy prints.

I plan to wear gothic lolita as long as I feel like it.

>> No.8269685 [DELETED] 

>How old are you?
Just turned 28
I love classic lolita, but I really love the dresses that are heavily influenced by natural kei style (pink house.) I am thinking about getting into gothic, and I really want to try AP one day (holy lantern or milky cross.)

I love wearing classic so much. It makes me feel as if I am in rococo painting.

I just want to age gracefully, but not be told what to wear. I think you can feel like a princess whether or not you where a fluffy pink ballgown. Wearing lolita makes me feels like everyday is dress up day. I don't plan on having children, but if I become an aunt, I would love to share my love with my niece or nephew. Axes Femme has a kid line, I definitely can get them into otome at the very least...

>> No.8269694

>How old are you?
Just turned 28
I love classic lolita, but I really love the dresses that are heavily influenced by natural kei style (Pink House.) I am thinking about getting into gothic, and I really want to try AP one day (holy lantern or milky cross.)

I love wearing classic so much. It makes me feel as if I am in a rococo painting.

I just want to age gracefully, but not be told what to wear. I think you can feel like a princess whether or not you where a fluffy pink ballgown. Wearing lolita makes me feels like everyday is dress up day. I don't plan on having children, but if I become an aunt, I would love to share my love with my niece or nephew. Axes Femme has a kid line. I definitely can get them into otome at the very least...

>> No.8269711

>>8267927
>all those pretty dresses wasted on a disgusting old hag
:^)

>> No.8269768

>How old are you?
Sweet, mostly AP's "pastel vomit" stuff.
I love sweet and I feel really good when I wear it.
I don't know. I know there is a lot of pressure to move on to more "mature" styles as you get older or if you don't look super young. I keep telling myself I should tone it down but I keep buying AP's pastel shit, animal bags, cutesy accessories,etc. Maybe in the future I will be posted on here for being an older lady wearing Milky Planet and covered in pastels.

>> No.8269790

>>8269711
I bet she can afford to buy all your dream dresses too salty-chan.

>> No.8269801

>>8269790
I was just thinking this.

>> No.8269821

>>8267671
Turned 20 last month, so I guess 4 more years before it starts becoming creepy

>> No.8269836
File: 23 KB, 480x270, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>How old are you?
18, going on 19
sweet! pastel vomit fuels me.
i feel good. people say i look like 15, which i guess is good for the style? i like it, i feel like the dresses look nice on my face and suit me.
i dont even know, i dont ever wanna stop. i guess ill be 40 still in my pink frills. people can say/think what they want, my personal happiness will always be the most important thing to me.

>> No.8269882

>>8267671
not lolita related tho

>How old are you?
Gothic or str8 up hobo
I sometimes don't make up/do my hair so I look stupid in my gothic outfits but I don't "feel" anything about it. People will leave me alone because I don't look accessible or too edgy5em.
Though some people with styles similar to mine (bold, punk, pastel goth,etc) will often compliment me and I never fail to give away where I bought my clothes.
AdoraBatBrat is 40+ and still rocking it soooooooooO~Oooo~OOOO~~~OoO~~~
but maybe when I'm so apeshit old I look like a witch I'll wear old people's clothes but in black and die of a sun stroke

>> No.8269902
File: 1.71 MB, 500x500, 1429587400763.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8269790
She'll still look like shit in them.

>> No.8269911
File: 12 KB, 200x160, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8269902
What are you going to do when you pass 30?

>> No.8269950

Thank goodness or you 22+ Lolita's I graduated last year and just hit 24 and was terrified I'm reaching my limit of dressing up. I know I can keep doing it and tone it down but I still have a bit of insecurity about getting older and enjoying my hobbies/fashion

>> No.8269954

How old are you?
I'm 21

A mix of lolita styles: Kuro/Sweet/Gothic Although I feel like I'm moving away from the fashion. I'm just not into the recent trends and there's no good online community anymore. I wear a lot of AP's mini skirts mixed with regular clothes and tall socks these days.

I feel pretty fucking cute.

A year ago I'd say I didn't think I'd ever grow out of it. But now I'd when ever it stops making me happy and honestly I think that's going to be sooner than later.

>> No.8270037

>How old are you?

Classic lolita, himekaji

2kawaii2curr. But really, I feel good in it. I'm tiny as fuck for a westerner so I'm happy to have clothes I can actually fit into and look cute.

I don't think I'll grow out of it. I may tone things down as I get older but I won't ever stop wearing J-fashion as it's really what fits me best.

>> No.8270690

>How old are you?

sweet, sweet-classic, and a little classic. No OTT.

I feel a little awkward going out in the pastel sweet stuff outside of meets. Other than that, I love wearing it and think it looks good on me. I still look pretty youthful for my age.

I don't plan to stop, but I imagine I'll transition more towards classic as I get older, it would just suit me more.

>> No.8270716

>How old are you?

Kuro/classic/gothic

Pretty confident

I feel like I might have to actually start buying clothes other than lolita at a certain point, but I don't really see myself stopping.

>> No.8270722

>How old are you?

Lolita, mostly kuro. Some goth and some sweet. I do have a couple floral pieces just because they were too cute though.

I like it. It's easy and elegant.

I don't think there will ever be an age where I stop but at some point life may get too busy to keep up with comm/con stuff or I won't be able to justify the extra money on lolita. I'm getting married and one day I'll probably have kids. I don't have the energy to juggle a lot of things in my life so if it comes to it, lolita will probably be one of the first 2 or 3 things I let go.

I have nice skin thanks to never going outside (because I never had a life) and I have baby cheeks so I'm not worried about being "that old lady in lolita" anytime soon.

>> No.8270736

>How old are you?
Classic, toned down sweet, more otome lately.
I don't have a set age, but i can feel myself slipping out of lolita already. I have been into the fashion since i was 16, starting out as super sweet pastel vomit and slowly transitioning into more toned down styles and now otome. I'll probably end up giving into otome completely. I wear most of my dresses very casually and creatively and i don't really give two shits anymore if it's considered lolita or not. For the past few years almost all of my weekly pay has gone into lolita and i'm getting a bit tired of it. I guess i have an all or nothing approach to the fashion, and it's impossible for me to save money when i'm so invested in it. Will i be wearing it when i'm 25? Probably not, but we will see.

>> No.8270741

>>8270736
Whoops missed one
I love lolita and it makes me feel pretty, but it got to the point for awhile where i didn't feel good about myself if i wasn't wearing it so i have eased off a bit.

>> No.8270761

>>8269711
>>8267969

....Kinda feel like a cheat now, most people still think I'm in my twenties, so I'm not dealing with too many wrinkles yet. I don't think my comm actually knows how old I am. Maybe I should throw a fortieth birthday bash and have a cake with number candles on it.

>> No.8271068

>>8269902
Enjoy your knitting and scrapbooking club when you turn 25. Time to give up everything!

>> No.8271618

How old are you?

Pastel vomit sweet (no OTT, just busy prints coordinated more simple), but i want to wear gothic and old school one day as well.

I feel really confident and myself in lolita, i started just last year to dress lolita properly so i won't give up at all or change to gothic/classic entirely.

Nah, i saw many lolitas past 35 looking really good, regarless of style chosen. I want to dress sweet and not toning down even past 35, i don't care what people says or i should grow up and dress classic. I can also dress otome, it looks way cuter than classic and less boring/grandma way.
I look also younger my age, avoiding the sun like the plague so i can pull off lolita without issues and no need to mature down.
I doubt i will have kids, maybe i would get only married so the money to buy lolita and otome would be always present, even small amounts.

>> No.8271648

>How old are you?
Classic and gothic. I still put some classic elements in when I wear goth so I guess like a dark classic?
I'm happier when I put more effort into my clothing, and I think wearing lolita has definitely given me the confidence boost I needed.
>Do you think you'll grow out of it or do you have a set age at which you'll stop
I'm probably going to tone down my wardrobe as I get older. More nonprint dresses, less flashy accessories, etc. I don't think I'm just going to stop though.

>> No.8271698

>>8267671
>How old are you?
Sweet lolita, usually hime-influenced.
I like the clothes more than I like wearing them if that makes sense. I'm not pretty enough to do them justice, but I like that they provide a distraction from my face and if I'm going to collect them, I feel like I might as well wear them. Lolita has this weird effect on me where it makes me simultaneously hate myself but somehow feel more confident.
I'm probably going to see how long my face holds up for. I'm already winding down the super super sweet look. I think when I turn twenty-five, (just an estimate, it's based on how old I'll look then.) I'll probably either switch to very toned down sweet classic or otome.

>> No.8271765

>How old are you?
Sweet, the pastel style sweet.
It makes me feel really confidant, I became more confidant and outgoing since I started wearing lolita.
I don't want to, I know your supposed to switch to classic or gothic when your age starts to show but those styles just don't interest me. I don't even like classic sweet. Part of me keeps wanting to wear Sugary Carnival even when I am saggy with wrinkles, another part of me wants to conform and switch styles so I don't face any ridicule. It's not easy being older and loving the more pastel cute styles, sometimes I wish I liked classic or gothic.

>> No.8271799

>How old are you?
I'm 18, new to lolita, but have been wearing otome for a year or so.

Classic, casual, sailor. I like some sweet, and not much gothic. I primarily float towards specific dresses other than specific styles-- primarily ones with patterns like gingham or tartan, or garden themed, or sailor. Also dresses in red, lavender or different shades of blue.

It makes me feel cute, which makes me happy. I've had terrible insecurity for so long, due to my weight and the fact that I've had trichotillomania since I was 6. Losing weight and getting a little better with my issue, along with beginning to wear makeup and cute clothes finally let me think "Hey, I look cute".

Probably. But, I'll probably keep a slightly cute wardrobe for a while. Peter pan collars, lace blouses, cute tights and cardigans. I plan to be a elementary school teacher, where colorful and cute wardrobe would be at least tolerated.

>> No.8271874

How old are you?
toned down classic (no OTT shit)/otome-kei
comfortable, I always wear dresses and feel ugly and unfeminine in pants and such. So lolita just feels natural to me.
I'll probably stop attending social events once I have kids and only continue to wear it around my inner circle of friends. But as a matter of fact I know, that I will never stop wearing my lolita dresses. I will just continue wearing them as normal dresses and stop calling myself a lolita. I will stop wearing full coords at a time, but I'll probably be able to use everything I currently own on its own in an understated, just inspired way, of the fashion itself.

>> No.8271905

How old are you?

Mainly classic and gothic. A few sweet pieces, though.

It's a fun hobby, just like for any other fashion enthusiast.

Of course it's hard to predict the future, but I can't see myself ever falling out of love with it. I came into the fashion relatively late (got my first dress at 26), and I have a separate friend circle outside of my lolita comm who love and accept alternative fashions, so I won't stop wearing it if my lolita comm decides to implode (which has no sign of happening anytime soon; everybody's pretty chill).

It's certainly easier that I preferred classic and gothic from the start, but at the same time I highly encourage sweet lolitas to continue wearing what they want to, regardless of their age. Giving up fashion just because you're "too old" seems now like a wasted opportunity to enjoy life, IMHO, after watching "Advanced Style" and seeing photos of Japanese grannies looking absolutely adorable in sweet lolita. (Quitting it because you can't afford it, or your interest in it has run out, or your interest in other hobbies has grown stronger: all those are legitimate reasons to quit lolita fashion, and I wish those people all the best.) As long as you're not hurting or harassing other people, and it doesn't impact your work and daily life in a negative way, I say live and let live.

I also work in an industry where there are many artistic types, so if I decide to wear lolita on casual Friday at work, it's easy to put on a blazer on it to make myself look more normal-looking for video conference calls. As long as I don't stand up from the table, none of my coworkers on the other side of the conference call will see my enormous skirt.

>> No.8271943

>>8271905
>and seeing photos of Japanese grannies looking absolutely adorable in sweet lolita

Could you post some photos if you can?

>> No.8272000

How old are you?
Lolita sometimes. I wear lizlisa and school inspired/prep items as well.
My clothes are pretty chill and dont stand out too much. There's lots of other kids with equally out there styles.

Do you think you'll grow out of it or do you have a set age at which you'll stop? Depends on my income really. Income for the jobs I want range from 30k-100k. I might not be a lolita for long, no matter my income i dont want to spend too much on things I'll rarely wear.
when I'm 30+ I'll replace pleated skirts with pencil skirts and knee highs with stockings.

>> No.8272228

>>8269911
Not wear sweet because I'm not retarded.

>inb4 toned down sweet
Still looks like shit most of the time on older women.

>> No.8273746

>>8272228

nearly-40 anon here. I stopped wearing gothic because full black with mana blue brought out the haggardness in my complexion.

Just putting it out there for other aging anons to give classic and classic-sweet a try. Pastels work well with my skintone and blunt bangs seem to make me look younger, that's why I mostly do sweet now. Don't take "gothic and classic for older ladies" as gospel, it's certainly a lie for me.

>> No.8274953

>>8268678
>Man, I dunno about you, but dressing pretty and being a nerd at cons is ageless as long as you aren't a creep.

totally cosigned. also, try sweet! it can be pretty fun.

>> No.8275344

>>8267671
45+. All gothic, all the time. Kawaii till I die.