[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 27 KB, 432x458, Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 11.01.47 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8258676 No.8258676 [Reply] [Original]

After hearing what happened here: >>8252989
I'm curious to know if anyone else had an iffy experience with Arda.

>> No.8258692

I've bought from them multiple times. Their customer service is pretty good. Their longer wigs do tangle though. The fibers are quite stiff. I would say they're very good wigs for styling, but not so much for casual wear.

>> No.8258696

My wigs just tangle instantly, and feel matted after one wearing. It's tedious to have to keep washing them. So unless I need a short wig (like the Katinka style), I skip out. I do like using their wefts though.

>> No.8258709

>>8258696
This.

>> No.8258712

tangle, thick bangs that need a lot of layering, get matted easily, kind of meh customer service too, honestly.

>> No.8258720

In my experience they're great for crazy anime-style shit where you need a lot of density for spiking. They hold styling well. Stay away from their curled/wavy stuff, though, they absolutely tangle like none other and don't really look natural even in neutral colors.

>> No.8258722

>>8258712
What does matted mean exactly?

>Don't know too much about wigs

>> No.8258730

>>8258722
matted is severely tangled to the point of being pretty much unable to fix it. pretty much the entire wig will just kind of tangle together in a huge mass, for wigs, you have to soak it alot to even hope getting it out.

>> No.8258741

I agree with most of the other posts. Definitely like their short wigs, but the long ones are a mess. If you need thick/voluminous wigs then they're pretty solid. Just carry a brush with you at all times or it'll be hell.

>> No.8258746

Arda got whiteknighted the last time I talked about my experience so here goes:
>2012
>order Jeannie wig for Kneesocks cosplay
>wig arrives
>"wtf why is this wig so big?"
>Arda never listed wig measurements on their website
>later put up a tutorial for customers to alter the wig
>"wtf why are the fibers so weird?"
>a lot of the fibers were matted where the "hairline" was supposed to be near the bangs and there was visible weft
>lots of stray fibers sticking out on the base
>there's now a "PLEASE READ" on the Jeannie page which is Arda covering their ass for a shitty-designed wig that needs A LOT of work to be wearable for the average customer
TL;DR a lot of Jeannie buyers got fucked the first few batches because we were never told these things. If I knew the wig would be that big and it needed that much work I wouldn't have bought it.
Ever since then they've left a bad taste in my mouth.
My last purchase was Eowyn
>bought it in platinum for a casual Chobits cosplay
>wasn't made aware that the skintop was awkward and goes all the way towards the front of the wig making the bangs almost incapable of being styled
>color was nice but the fibers tangled
>could tell when I wore it that people thought it was a bad wig
>even normies gave me weird looks
>there's now a better detail about the skintop on Arda's listing now

It just sucks being a company's guinea pig. Also I've bought Cyperous and I'm much happier with the fiber quality, and my wigs don't tangle into messes.

>> No.8258755

>>8258746
>a lot of the fibers were matted where the "hairline" was supposed to be near the bangs and there was visible weft

Yeah, I will never buy another Jeannie because of this. I've bought several other styles and had minimal problems, but the amount of effort it took me to get my jeannie wearable was insane. It would have take less time for me to have just bought a regular mid length wig and sew the wefts in the back myself.

>> No.8258757

I like that Arda wigs are durable enough to be washed/worn multiple times and don't shed much. I own two longer wigs from them, one I can't say much for since I ruined it on my own but I love their Stevie, and was surprised by how easily it detangles.
As someone with a medium sized head that doesn't really fit into cheaper wigs comfortably- I'd rather have a wig that's a bit too big than one that's too small and gives me headaches, but that's just me. I've never bought one of their styles that requires a large head. With this being said, my boyfriend has a huge head and I take care of all of his wigs so Arda is a must when buying his wigs.

>> No.8258764

>>8258741
Yep, this. Arda is unbeatable for short styles and mega styling (shit spikes itself, I swear), but they're less great with long styles. I've only owned one long wig myself and it's a mess right now but took pretty bad care of it. I know some people don't like how matte the wigs look, but I really prefer that texture to super-shiny styles (especially in black).

>> No.8258774

Every single Arda wig I've ever used has been a fucking wreck. Their customer service is shit. I've had to resort to styling things with hot glue because of how uncooperative and stiff their wig fibers are.

0/10 I warn everyone I know away from them.

>> No.8258781

I prefer arda for anything that needs crazy styling because the wigs are much thicker, and I find their color wheels/guides/albums really helpful. They pulled the whole "I know you bought X wig a week ago but it's sold out, do you want it in Y color instead?" thing on me with my last order but fixed the problem pretty fast, which is why I'm not too upset.

I imagine their customer service reps have to keep up with their shitty online system that doesn't close orders on wigs that run out of stock immediately.

Epic is a good alternative for faster delivery but some of their wigs are hyper thin, while others are really thick??? It's confusing. Also some of them have that kind of plastic sheen that almost all Arda wigs don't have. It really just depends on the project at hand for me.

>> No.8258785

>>8258774
>Forced to style with hot glue
>mfw
I hate to suggest it, but maybe it's just you, anon. Everyone is split on the tangling and texture experiences, but inability to style is a first. They take heat and teasing better than most because they're so thick.

>> No.8258789

I was thinking about Arda because big head and afro, but I feel iffy now.

What places would cater to my head? And that won't tangle.

What about the cyperous invincible Miku & Luka wigs?

>> No.8258798

>>8258781
I agree. Arda for short and thick, Epic for speed and length, Taobao for simple.

>> No.8258799

>>8258696
Same, I even had a short curly wig and it was unbearable. Their straight stuff might be better though, my friends and I have only seen the curly ones.

>> No.8258825

>>8258785

Granted the style involved stubbing, but caulk wasn't sticking to the fibers very well.

>> No.8258839

>>8258825
Oh well I mean I hot glue my stubs anyway, so I can't confirm or deny that.

>> No.8258858

I have a big head so arda's fit me the best. I also like their color blends and the less shiny fibers better than any other wigs I've had, especially for more unnatural colors.
However, long wigs tangle too easily and take forever to brush out. I only have one long wig from them and probably wouldn't buy another if I could help it. I love their short wigs though, they tangle a bit but can be brushed out easily. I wore one almost daily for a while and it has held up pretty well. The course fibers are itchy though.

>> No.8258883

Basically echoing everyone else here. I like Arda's shorter styles, but with any luck I will never buy their longer wigs again. The ferraris are pretty, but they're only good for one or two wears before they become a tangled clusterfuck. Arda's "specialty" wigs are all garbage. None of them are shaped to fit a real human head and they have tons of frizzy fibers that stick out when you try to restyle the ponytails. Even the leia is weird and bumpy and unnatural looking. I do like their color blends more than epics, though. I usually buy Epic, never had a bad wig from them. If epic had arda's variety and more natural-looking color blends, rather than all the fibers being the same color, I'd buy Epic forever and never look back.

>> No.8258936

I've bought two wigs from them so far and haven't been pleased with either of them. I bought one of their discontinued styles (during that huge clean out sale they had a year ago) for $16. It's by far one of the worst wigs I've ever purchased. The fringe is extremely long and thick, but then the back is so thin that you can see a wig cap underneath. The only way to make it wearable was to comb a bunch of the front backwards which gives it an awful cowlick at the crown. If I had paid anymore that the $16 (included shipping) I would've complained and asked for a refund.

And after years of waiting for it to come in stock I bought a Jeanie and wasnt as impressed as I thought I would be. The wig is too huge for my head (they recently announced they would be releasing a smaller version) and the only way to wear it to spirit gum it in place and stuff my head with foam. That and it sheds like crazy. I feel like they make their wigs so ridiculously thick because half of it's gonna fall out after the first wear.

>> No.8258941

I had heard Arda had the best quality wigs ever and that's why they were so expensive. I was saving to get one, even with the international shipping.

This thread is making me think twice

>> No.8258955

I'll definitely agree that the short wigs are great but I can't say I've had a problem with the long wigs. Is it just the super long wigs that get tangled easily?

>> No.8258982

>>8258941
I love all of my arda stuff, but it just depends on what you need it for and how big your head is.

Pros:
>Short wigs are great
>Thick as fuck
>Great for spiking and weird styles
>Tons of colors
>Non-shiny if you're into that
>Supply lacefront colors/styles that nobody else makes
>One of the only suppliers who cater to larger heads

Cons:
>Some/many peoples' long wigs tangle too easily
>Specialty styles don't fit well if you have an average or small head
>Not shiny (if you like shinier wigs or more natural colors)
>Popular colors are always out of stock
>Questionable customer service for some

>> No.8258988

>>8258746
Same experience with my Jeannie. Huge on my head, even with pinning left a huge gap and weird look. Stray fibers everywhere that I ended up spraying down or just cutting off. Going to try and fix it up again since it was my first styling job, but pretty sure I just hacked at it.
Tangled like crazy.

I'm tempted to get their lace front Matilda for a Mirajane cosplay since the bangs are tied up, but the price and previous experience is stopping me. I wonder if wigs that aren't lacefronts would work for a bang hold up without showing a weird gap or wefts/wig cap.

>> No.8258998
File: 929 KB, 500x282, tumblr_nhvkviPl0O1qjsn9po7_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8258676
>early homestuck
>lets buy a curly wig so my vriska has a wavy style!
>friend suggests claudia from arda
>whynottrythemout
>Relax the curls with the hot water trick
>everything fine, wig still wavy enough
>style as needed, cut bangs, looks great
>go to con, end up with shitty tangly mess within an hour

New-to-cosplay me thought that was just how long wigs were supposed to act. I tried everything to maintain it, but it just kept getting worse and worse. I'd scrap it if it wasn't in storage already. It was tangled near the base of the wig cap for me too, all matted and shit and it made me break out. Granted I was probably going to break out anyway because it was a summer con, but it probably didn't help any.

>> No.8259003

>>8258825
I've stubbed and used caulk and it was fine. IDK what your problem is anon

>> No.8259014

I love Arda. I have a big head and thick ass hair to my waist so they are they only wigs that fit me right.
I've never had problems with them tangling any more than any other wig would. Yes, they tangle but I've never had a long wig that didn't and I've had a lot of wigs.
I've always gotten great customer service. The only thing that's annoying is when their site doesn't update and allows you to order things that are out of stock. But they've always messaged me right away to let me know.
I guess it's just a preference… with a big head, it's hard to find wigs that fit and look good so I'm a bit biased.

>> No.8259037

>>8258746
It's good to hear that Cyperous is decent quality, I've been considering ordering from them.

I have one long Arda wig and it's a tangled mess that requires a LOT of wear. And that sucks especially for me since I bought it for daily wear and not a cosplay.

>> No.8259049

>>8259037
Cyperous is god tier.

>> No.8259059

It took them almost two weeks just to send me my wig. I also live in Chicago, aka, where Arda's base is located.

Also after reading the other thread, I don't think I want to even get a wig on hold and hope that the Arda workers don't fuck up and give my wig to someone else...

>> No.8259061

I keep hearing about Cyperous. Are they only good for small heads or good for big heads too?

And what about epic cosplay? I'm asking because I have a fairly big head not counting my hair.

>> No.8259068

>>8258676

I honestly try to avoid buying from Arda unless there's a very specific color I need and they have it.

Their fibers, at least on the medium length ones, tend to bundle up and by the end of the day they're like tangled tentacles.

>> No.8259069

>>8259061
Yes, I would like to know as well. I'm done with Arda and I've been looking for some more wig shops. What is their website as well?

>> No.8259073

>>8258676
I'm sorry to ask but where is the anons experience on that thread?

>> No.8259075

>>8259073
Here it is:

>Last fall, I asked Arda to hold a wig for me so I can pay for it at the convention and when I got to their booth, one of the worker was like "Oh yeah, we have your wig" goes to the back to find the wig (I'm assuming the "wigs-on-hold crate"?), comes back empty-handed a minute later.

"Yeah, we sold your wig to someone else like a couple minutes ago. how about you buy the same wig but in the totally different color that you were asking for because we don't have that color with us anymore". I ended up not buying the wig.

This probably may not sound so bad to you guys but it really disappointed me that they promised me and then just blew it off at the very last minute because someone else came first.

>> No.8259104

>>8259069
Same anon. I'm trying this Taobao seller that claims they sell bigger size wig heads in various colors. Once I get the wigs I'l write a review about them.

http://cyperous.com/
http://epiccosplay.com/

>> No.8259106

Arda is good for lacefronts and spikable wigs. That's all. Their long wigs are a nightmare, and absolutely not worth it. I hate the fiber they use. No matter how careful you are, you end up with a frizzy ratty mess.

>> No.8259125

I've gotten better long wigs on ebay for 16$ than on arda for 40$...

>> No.8259142

>>8258988
>>8258746
IS there an alternative to a Jeannie? I would love to buy something else but fuck if ponytailed wigs with clips aren't a bitch to find. Epic Cosplays' ponytails look even sadder.

>> No.8259165

I don't know if it's because I dyed my wig and that changed the texture of it, but my long Arda wig didn't tangle nearly as badly as this thread seems to imply? I've had much worse experience with tangles from ebay wigs than with the Arda wig I have. It did tangle as any long wig does, but it always combed out with minimal fiber breakage/damage.

>> No.8259175

I'm surpised to hear so many bad stories, most of my wigs are arda and I've never had an issue aside from one curly wig being a wreck once I straightened it, but that could've been my fault.

Especially the tangle stories? I bought an arda wig because one of my old eBay wigs got tangled and it's a blessing. Doesn't really tangle at all and it's easy to brush out if it does get a knot. Thick, but that's not really an issue. I neev really buy wigs expecting them to be in wearing condition straight out of the bag...

>> No.8259180

>>8258998
Wait, long wigs aren't supposed to tangle like fuck? This is news to me! (although most of my costumes so far have been short-haired characters, so this hasn't been an issue so far for me)

>> No.8259198

>>8259142
You just buy a regular mid length wig, take a few rows of wefts out of the middle and them sew them in the back. Buy the clip separate.

All the Jeannie is selling you is a combo bundle with the wefts already sewn into the back properly for an updo.

Ironically Arda has a tutorial on how to do that on their youtube.

>> No.8259204

Is the arda Jasmine as bad as the Jeannie? I just ordered it during the sale because I need a ponytail wig in mint and that was the only option with long enough bangs.

>> No.8259209

Who else finds that ebay wigs marked as "heat resistant" tend to be great for avoiding tangled?

>> No.8259213

>>8259209
i think i know what you're talking about
chinese wigs has fibers that are lot "smoother", so to speak, unlike arda's rough fibers, so it slides better and doesnt make knots as easily
it also tends to be shinier but it's a worth trade off imho

>> No.8259234

>>8259213
>it also tends to be shinier

This. I need black wigs a lot and those are the shiniest of all. Unfortunately Arda's black is the least shiny but for a long black wig with loose hair it's a nightmare.

>> No.8259241
File: 2.40 MB, 1450x960, arda wig.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My arda wig I got aged horribly. Got a Ferarri in black back in early 2014 and after having it for a year with very little wear its sad. I have to braid it just to use it nowadays because of how much frizz it has accumulated.

>> No.8259258

>>8259241
You can usually get rid of friz with the hot water method or a flat iron on low

>> No.8259311

>>8259180
Long hair tangles (source: I used to have waist length hair.) Long wigs are also going to tangle to some degree, but it will vary depending on how smooth the fiber is and how it's been treated. But at the end of a day in the wind you're still going to have a mess to fix.

>> No.8259316

>>8259213
Arda's fibers are rough because they're usually meant for spikes and volume.
Arda should never be the go-to for all your wig needs, but it's great for floof.

>> No.8259321

>>8259061
>>8259069
You can order Cyperous wigs in bigger sizes, it just costs a little extra.

>> No.8259335

>>8259204

I have both Jasmine and Jeannie, and I have fitted the Jasmine to my head. It took just an hour or two to put some 1/2 inch darts in the front, right at the edges of the skin top. I've always been nervous about messing with the cap of a wig but everything went better than expected and I had myself a custom fitted wig. Followed the tutorial on the Arda website.

I like my Jasmine great now that it fits, got complimented on my natural hair at con while dressed as a live-action character (so, not too cartoony apparently). I have not experienced any fiber loss at all other than where I physically cut out wefts to take it in...

>> No.8259350

>>8259321
not that anon but how do you order from cyperous? do you need a shopping service? i just googled shit for like 15 minutes and just found reviews or overseas resellers

>> No.8259376

Honestly most of my wigs anymore are from Arda but that's mostly due to my impatience for waiting on a package from China. If I know I have time for delays on shipping I'll go ahead and find an eBay wig, most most of the time I just go with Arda.

I like their color blends the most and I have the color ring which is really helpful. I've only ever had mostly shorter wig styles, and they're incredibly thick and natural looking, not to mention fun to style. I also really love the lacefronts and the options too. Recently ordered an inigo in raven for a cosplay I'm doing and I'm so impresses with the color cause it's more black than blue, and the blue sheen in certain lighting was exactly what I was looking for.

Cons though, yeah what everyone else said. The longer wigs are trash. Poor SO bought a Claudia once and it was ruined within a couple wears. She tried fixing it multiple times, even asked Arda what to do when they had a booth at a con and they acted stupid about it. That and like another anon said they are constantly out of stock. I wanted to get the jaereth in raven but both version were sold out in the same color and I didn't feel like waiting last minute.

>> No.8259438

>>8259335
How big is your head? I see to have a big head at 23.5" hairline and usually don't have the same problems a lot of people have to Arda sizing.

>> No.8259443

>>8259316
Arda's two best points are:
>Great fiber for insane or spiky styling
>Abundance of colors.

....>when they're in stock

>> No.8259454

>>8259350
I used a shopping service, you can probably buy directly from their English website but for me it was just easier to pay a fee for an SS to do it for me. Know what I'm saying?

>> No.8259460

>>8259443
It always seems the color I need is the only one out of stock... always.

>> No.8259474

>>8259258
Have an tutorials on hand by chance?

>> No.8259481

>>8259454
huh, that's weird, what's their english site? i tried to follow a link to it but it must be old because when i go to it gives me a 404 page (cyperous.com/english)

but yeah I know what you're saying, might just end up doing that. don't need it right away so I might just wait to buy one the next time I make a purchase from japan, easier and more fulfilling for me to get all my shit it 1 package.

>> No.8259569

My friends and I have a running joke about Arda only being good if you want ugly shitty color combos and a wig with uncut bangs that you wear without any makeup.

The last time I ordered a short wig, the skin top was super fucked up and all over the place, the wig didn't sit right on my head even though I have a big head + a lot of hair at the time.
I also tried getting a Leia wig and my friend sharpie dyed it for me, and it was literally the worst wig I've ever owned. The bangs were so thin you could see the wefts and the dye didn't stick to the wig at all.

The last time I ordered from them was in like 2012. The only time I'd go with them now is for lacefronts, which I'll probably be doing soon.

>> No.8259574

>>8259481
Weird. I don't have an explanation anon.
Just be aware that they have their "main" Japanese website for styles pertaining to lolita and casual wear, and then they have a cosplay website.
If you google "cyperous cosplay" it should come up. Good luck!

Oh and for the record when I ordered through my SS it only took about a week and a half to get to me. And I'm prettyyy sure it was Japonica too.

>> No.8259577

thank christ for this thread. I bought a super long arda wig for my first cosplay and I thought I was just terrible at wigs when it instantly became a matted mess

>> No.8259669

Does anybody have any other sites they would like to share besides the ones stated before? Has anybody dealt with matchwigs? I've heard that their wigs are thick and the fibers are nice as well, but what about their long wigs? They also seem to have a good amount of colors too.

>> No.8259688

>>8259569
>2012
I have an Arda wig from 2012 that I never wore. (Black Magnum.) Should I keep it or just try to sell it?

>> No.8259699

>>8259438

Around my head at the widest point parallel to the floor is 22.5in, around my head the same way the band of a wig cap should sit (around hairline) is about 22 in. I have pretty short real hair with negligible volume under a wig.

>> No.8259702

>>8259438
>>8259699

Also because I have so little hair and this wig is back-heavy, I added a sturdier comb at center front. (I have removed the small side-front combs it comes with anyway as I added my darts just underneath them).

>> No.8259708

>>8259241
Anon i think our houses were built in the same time period because i have the same exact type of ceiling as well as the fan.

Also i always hear about cyperuououous being god tier, but never hear of many people using them. Is that odd?

>> No.8259713

Kind of need a wig for next month, so I checked out Arda. I know there's already a Canadian branch for Arda, but they don't have the wig with the color I'm looking for, so I went with the regular site. Would it arrive in time?

>> No.8259714

>>8259708
>Also i always hear about cyperuououous being god tier, but never hear of many people using them. Is that odd?

Not really. They're great and some people have known they're really great for the past decade of cosplay, but they've always been a pain in the ass to order from. 3000+ yen for shipping since EMS is the only option, and their English site was really short-lived. I think they decided they didn't want to deal directly with the overseas market and went back to JP only. That was a turnoff for those of us who can't read moonrunes and don't want to pay someone to order shit for us.

tl;dr I know Cyperous is great, Arda is just more convenient and I personally don't mind their quality. I just wish they'd catch up with character hair colour trends. There's no good "milk tea" colour, for example, which a ton of characters have (e.g. Kotori).

>> No.8259715

>>8259708
They're expensive and you used to be able to order directly through them, then they stopped that, then they brought it back, but only for some wigs, so really you need a proxy now. Also there's enough cheaper alternatives (taobao, arda, epic, etc) that provide heat resistant wigs in a lot of colors, which was cyperous's initial draw.

>> No.8259717

>>8259713
I'm assuming you're in Canada (same). My US Arda orders generally don't take more than 2 weeks. You should be fine.

>> No.8259719

I bought a Marty wig (in silver) and I've had nothing but good experiences with that wig. I don't even need to use any gel to spike some of the front pieces forwards because the hair is stiff enough to stand on its own.
My only complaint is that it's tight (but not unbearably so).

Seeing other anons complain about the longer length wigs is kind of off-putting though. I'll definitely buy from another place if I want a longer wig.

>>8259713
I ordered my wig from the regular site by accident and it came a week or two later. I can't remember the exact number of days but you'll be fine.
Anime North?

>> No.8259726

So how good are the lace fronts then? a few people mention they were the only good part of Arda, does anyone own one they can post pics of?

>> No.8259727

Usually, when I weft wigs, I don't have a problem undoing the entire extension pack and just getting and cutting what I need as I go along. But with Arda's long extension pack, within 10 minutes the entire thing tangled into a rats nest. The fibers are very coarse compared to Taobao wigs and tangle easily. I'm lucky that Elsa's hair is braided, I would have been very unhappy otherwise if I wore it long by itself...

On a positive note, their titanium blonde shade is really gorgeous and not cheap and shiny looking.

>> No.8259728

>>8259717
Alright, here's hoping. How long does it take for it to actually ship though?

>>8259719
Yup, it's for AN

>> No.8259742
File: 91 KB, 480x640, IMAG1788.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8259726
I've got three Matildas now (Titanium Blonde, Ash Blonde, and Crimson). Got the Crimson one on sale when they were selling off a bunch that had subpar, itchy lace.

I like 'em. Their wavy/loosely curled wigs are generally pretty flattering.

>> No.8259746
File: 680 KB, 460x622, weh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8259726
(Picture is kinda shit, whatever)
I haven't gotten any good pictures of myself in my full cosplay yet, but this was the best picture I could find of me fucking around with my wig the day I got it (I was so happy...).

>> No.8259748

>>8259728
Same day or next day usually, if you order on a weekday.

>> No.8259755

>>8259742
>>8259746
Wow those actually look really good.. The Matilda one looks amazing, how easily do the bangs sweep to the side? Or are they kinda stuck pushed up a bit?

>> No.8259757

>>8259755
There is a good amount of volume in the crown but I'm sure it could be flattened down. Do you have a pic of what you mean? I can try it out and see.

>> No.8259768
File: 71 KB, 442x640, b10741f75f94dc6b7abe2caad9318774.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8259757
It's stupid, but I was thinking of like Willam Belli, How it does that swoop in the front. I can't do the no-bangs look but really want a wavy-front lacefront.

>> No.8259802

>>8259768
what color do you want it in? because if you look outside the "cosplay wig" category into daily wear wigs, wavy lacefronts are fucking everywhere. just look to the black community buy a quality lacefront there

>> No.8259817
File: 118 KB, 480x640, I tried.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8259768
I see what you mean. The wig fibres are sewn into the Matilda's lace to point away from the hairline all the way across, so it could be tricky, but I don't think it's impossible. With some heat-styling I think you could make it work. Some of the customers in Arda's Matilda gallery were able to create bangs. I think there are better wig styles out there meant for that kind of look, though.

>> No.8259827

>>8259802
I didn't care mostly, maybe a light pink or something. I wanted to try a cheap one first, in case I look disgusting with them on, at least I'd only waste a bit of money instead of $100+

>>8259817
Also you're the best, thank you!

>> No.8259834

>>8259827
you can find a solid quality lacefront for less than 40 dollars if it's synthetic. the pink might be a little hard, but if give it a search through

>> No.8260140

>>8258676
i have two medium length wigs from them, albeit cut and styled, they have held up for many a con looking great, i can't speak for longer wigs

>> No.8260153

>>8258746
I unfortunately bought the Jeannie too and it was hideous and just awful when it came to working with it. I ended up just keeping the clip and giving the base to my friend to see what to make of it.

Alternatively I recently bought a similar wig from The Second Nachame that fits really beautifully and works the same way, with the base wig and ponytail and the separate clip. They also have the side bangs thick enough to cover up the wonky side hairlines, and the quality is overall a huge contrast to the Jeannie. It also has the built-in clips along the bangs to hold the wig to your head from the weight.

I honestly wanted to give Arda another chance but that Jeannie was hideous.

>> No.8260227

>>8259669
Wigisfashion! If epic have long wigs and arda have lace fronts, wif has long lacefronts.

>> No.8260230

>>8260227
I find wigfashion's lacefronts fit me really weirdly. Too small for my head most of the way round and then the front is really baggy. I usually fit their wigs really well too.

>> No.8260235

Does this double as a general wig review thread?
I'm about to place a big wig order through Taobao (don't have a lot of money and TB has got the cheapest stuff). Mainly looking at ordering stuff from Lucaille wigs, just wondering if they're still the go-to wig shop on Taobao?
I bought a wig from there 3 years ago and even after a shitload of wear it still looks and feels great. You never know though, quality could have gone down since then so I'm curious if I should go for it or look somewhere else.

>> No.8260300

Recently I've been using Arda more, mostly for the colour selection and customer gallery. But unless it's a colour I can't find anywhere else I settle for somewhere cheaper or faster (I'm in the UK, so importing's a bitch).

All of the lace fronts I've used have been excellent. I've used a Cady, 2 Imladris and 1 Suzi. Even the longer ones have been easy to style, nice soft lace and easy to wear imo. Good quality and once they're styled they hold well. The sizing is sometimes off (one Imladris I used was perfect, the other was too big..?) but other than that I can't really complain. I've got some of their shorter styles too but find they're usually TOO thick, it's nice having lots to work with but it looks unnatural on me if there's a lump of hair on my head so they take a lot of styling to look natural.

The prices for their longer wigs and some lace fronts are ridiculous, though.

>> No.8260430

>>8259059
That's so weird and I thought Illinois gets all the Arda wigs the quickest.

Arda get your shit up

>> No.8260438

Are there any other good sources for short, mens-style wigs? Epiccosplay doesn't have anything like what I'm looking for, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I would've bought the Jett from Arda, but the color I want is out of stock.

>> No.8260613

I'm so glad I read this thread, I've been wanting a Jeannie for the longest time because it was the wig that most suited my needs.

However I may just buy a Jasmine and a longer clip (I wanted Jeannie purely for the length of the ponytail) or buy a short wig and weft it with a clip on ponytail.

I've got a really big head however, so I reckon the awkward sizing will be in my favour.

>> No.8260637

>>8258676
Bought from them once and the wig is very good quality. Shipping was good too.

It was a short wig though, so issues with tangling isn't a big issue (anything can be brushed out if needed)

>> No.8260648

Does anyone have anything positive to say about Jeannie? People still buy it and it looks great in their customer gallery. I just wanted to know if it was a case of everyone being posted in the customer gallery being pretty good at wig styling.
Thanks.

>> No.8260688

>>8260648

I am sitting in my living room combing this thing for the 1000th time for c2e2 because I don't have time to just buy a new damn wig. I've worn this thing to one con. don't. just don't.

>> No.8260705

>>8260648
I like my Jeannie. I have a ton of hair so their bigger caps work great for me. I chopped off a lot of hair off the extension and curled it, so I don't have any problems with tangling. But honestly, I haven't had as much problems with Arda wigs tangling as a lot of people in this thread. Spray the under side of your wigs with hairspray and you won't have such a big tangling problem, anons.

>> No.8260736
File: 54 KB, 609x521, NikaidouArashifromOnii-chanDakedoAiSaeArebaKankeinaiyoNe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Damn... the Jeannie was looking to be the best option for me in terms of cosplaying Arashi from OniAi. I have no skills when it comes to wefting and my wig styling is sub par.

Anyone recommend a better, easier alternative?

>> No.8261339

>>8260235
Yeah it's the go to wig place unless you have a big head.

>>8260430
Mine took a week or so and I live in Chicago too.

>> No.8261411

>>8261339
>>8259059

That's super weird. I live in central Ohio and I got both wigs I've ordered from Arda in a matter of days. Hell, my last order I had to frantically add something on that I forgot about, I placed the order on New Year's, which meant they were out of the office until the following Monday. Got it Tuesday.

Maybe I just got incredibly lucky, and because they had to add in my hair swatches, they sent it out sooner? Either way, that inconsistency sucks balls.

>> No.8264167

>>8258982
I solely buy from arda and I 100% agree with this anon.

I also want to echo epiccosplay is fantastic for long wings, as their fibers just don't tangle and if it does, it's minimal and can be brushed out very easily.

Has anyone had experince with thefivewits wigs? I'm looking for a comparison between them, arda and epic, as those three seem to be the main US sellers

>> No.8264173

>>8260736
Because of that thing on the ponytail's base, a clip-on would be difficult.
Epic's Phoebe wig goes in a ponytail like that, just be sure to cut some layers into the ponytail to take the weight off.

>> No.8264207

>>8264167
Seconding thefivewits, I've heard good things but the stock photos are so bad. Same with Amphigory, I know it used to be standard but do their wigs still hold up?

>> No.8264215

>>8264207
>>8264167
I've bought two wigs from thefivewits. Their stocking one and their hungary one (no longer in stock). I had a good experience with them. The colors were exactly what I saw on their website which was great. I've not had an issue with wig size though I have a fairly average head. I've had my stocking wig for almost three years now and it's still going strong though I am constantly brushing my wigs to keep them tangle free. They definitely have a much nicer texture than arda ones. I've never bought from epiccosplay though so I can't make a comparison to that.

>> No.8264230

>>8264167
>>8264207
I haven't bought from thefivewits in the past year or so but I have 4-5 wigs from them and their quality is pretty good. They're just below Arda in most aspects (thickness, wig cap size, non-shiny fibers) but are easier to untangle and care for in my experience. All the wigs I have have held up for years.

Some cons though:
>limited selection, very character based
>hit or miss with unnatural colors, some look very saturated/fake
>inconsistent - some wigs don't have skin tops/have coarse fibers while others do, they don't specify either unless you ask.

Like the other anon, I haven't bought from epic either so I can't compare.

>> No.8264240

>>8264230
Forgot to mention, I only have wigs in generic styles/character specific colors. I don't have experience with their "styled" wigs like Elsa, Sailor Moon, etc.

>> No.8264357
File: 1.24 MB, 1357x653, lupin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I cosplayed Fujiko Mine not too long ago and I really wanted the huge large, mega wavy hair done by Koike. I got Luthien from Arda cause I didn't think Ferrari would be long enough. I figured I would trim it down to the ideal length and add a tone of wefts, but time and money allowed for neither so I just wore the wig straight out of the package. By the end of day fucking one that thing was trashed. The topside still looked reasonably fine, but the underside of the wig... Just a matted, knotted, tangled mess. Couldn't even get my fingers through it. Well, screw it, still had to be Fujiko the next day and sure as heck didn't have time to attempt to detangle it so I just went with it. In just two days wear of walking around a con the thing became completely wrecked. I don't even want to bother with trying to fix it now with how useless that thing has proved to be. I feel like I just threw away 45 dollars.

I've seen Epic recommended a couple of times in this thread. Would that be the best option for a long wig that I can weft the shit out of that won't get tangled in five minutes?

>> No.8264748

>>8264230
>>8264215
That feedback was very helpful. Thanks, anons!

>> No.8264771

I'm also going to echo the sentiments of

>Epic for long wigs
>Ardas for spiking

I have a large head and the tightness of some Taobao wigs does a number on me; some won't even fit on my head. Ardas and Epics don't give me any problems, with the former being the more comfortable of the two. Some Lucaille wigs are fine on me, but anything wefted really densely (like their wigs meant to mimic undercuts) or pretied will not even fit on my head.

Arda specific gripes:
> long wigs tangle like a bitch. All long wigs tangle, even Epics and to a lesser extent, Cyperous, but Ardas will undoubtedly tangle the most. Don't buy a long wig from them unless you're okay with putting a lot of TLC into it.
> I wish they'd stop putting matted fibers at the base of their bangs. It helps give them poof, but they can be so uncomfortable.
> They need an overhaul of their cart/inventory system. I've had the "order wig, system didn't updated on time and wig is out of stock" problem twice, but they've jumped through hoops to fix it both times.
> Pre-tied wigs. I have not met a single person who can wear arda's pre-tied wigs and have them look good without retying them. My guess is they're tied on a base that's too small for the cap diameter, which is what leads to so many fit issues.

Arda strengths:
> Visual appearance. I'm not fond of the shine of Epics and some of Lucaille's wigs (it looks waxy and fake). Arda's aren't the peak of realism, but I much prefer the flatter appearance to ubershine
> Fiber resilience. I can straighten and curl these things multiple times and they'll bounce back to their original state quite readily. Other brands feel weaker in comparison and I'm always afraid to put too much strain on them.
> Fit for larger heads. Having long/short hair doesn't matter nearly as much as people say it does if you tie and cap it correctly. Cap diameter is key if you've got a larger head, and no one can really beat them here, for better or for worse.

>> No.8264777

And part two of >>8264771

>>8258781
>Epic is a good alternative for faster delivery but some of their wigs are hyper thin, while others are really thick??? It's confusing.
Long and ago, when cosworx/coscom was attempting to get their shit together, they partnered with Epic and released something like a collaboration line that was sold on both sites. For whatever reason they split, but the end result was that Epic ended up with some usable full skin top wigs and some additional colors. All of their post-coscom wigs have been thicker than their styles before the partner/split.

>>8259204
>Is the arda Jasmine as bad as the Jeannie?
Worse IME, but that's mainly if you're retying it. Retying a longer ponytail is much more of a hassle compared to a shorter one.

>>8260153
>The Second Nachame
Is it alright if I ask for a review? And head diameter taken around the nape and forehead, if you don't mind sharing. I'm browsing through their TB store and they seem decent; I like Arda overall but I'm always on the lookout for good-quality wig sellers. Maybe post it to the wig general and link it in a response so the thread doesn't get clogged with non-arda information

>> No.8264803

For most wig[fibers] keep this rule in mind:
The less shiny the fiber, the more coarse it will be. Arda chose for a duller look, sacrificing wearability. This is also why Korean fibers, while it has a really nice look, are terrible tangle monsters. It's possible to salvage a bit with a finishing spray, but those can make the wig feel a bit icky [gabalmania's wigs feel really disgusting].

>> No.8264901

>>8264777

Having retied both Jasmine and Jeannie too, I had a hell of a lot better time tying Jasmine. I pinned it to my wig form, had my roommate hold it upside down, and the weight of the fibers pulled the ponytail smoother against the form, and it was easier to wrangle.

>> No.8265216

Have any seagulls had any luck using silicone spray or Motions as a pre-treatment to keep longer Arda wigs from tangling? I have a Ferrari still in the bag that I'm too afraid to wear.

>> No.8265260

>>8265216
A ways back I decided to try the silicone method for my first and only time on an Arda wig a friend of mine had trashed. I couldn't really find any of the recommended stuff and just grabbed something that was close from the hardware store. Probably not the best idea, but I wasn't super invested. Sprayed the fucker down and slowly combed, combed, combed. Took ages. Lost some fibers, yet not nearly as much as I was anticipating. Washing it out was practically impossible. No matter how many times myself and my fiance washed it, the spray never truly left. So the wig as a very slight slickness to it now and light shine. Not noticable at all from a distant, and if you inspect the wig it's just kinda shiny and feels a little funny in your hands. Probably because of this, the full bounce and curls of the wig didn't completely come back. It's still super curly, however, just not as much as before. Overall, it actually useable now so that's cool. It's only been used once since then so I'm not sure what the effect over time is.

>> No.8265263

>>8264230
I would love to see more photos of people wearing fivewits wigs, because their stock photos are unrelenting fuckmuppetry. A few of the new styles have some better examples but my god woman, would it kill you to get some better lighting or even stick your stock on a mannequin. If in the dealers room, the wigs look messy.

>> No.8265312

>>8265260
That's promising at least. Have you tried recurling it since spraying it/detangling it? The stickiness might be from the exact product you used. I might give it a go on the wig I have. It's just sitting in the bag otherwise, so not a huge loss if it does something weird.

>>8265263
Same. I've been hesitant to buy from them because of the stock images. I always assumed their wigs look like shit irl too but I guess I should know by now that bad stock photos a bad product does not always make. One advantage of Arda is the huge gallery of customer images they have, even if those will never show wigs with giant mats or anything bad about the wigs.

>> No.8265316

They are way too big for me. don't got problems otherwise

>> No.8265375

>>8265312
Yeah I've heard from people on here that the wigs are good, but like I said, even in the dealer's room they look like sad, clumpy messes. I can't figure out if the owner just doesn't care about presentation or what

>> No.8265391
File: 99 KB, 800x533, 8e7938d1f24a7fb335e0bfdf8ec46c49 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8265263
I got my chie wig from Fivewits on a whim in a dealers room. I adore it. I wear it all the time. It's resilient.

>> No.8265405
File: 213 KB, 1365x2048, 466343_10201115318268038_20846611_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8265263
I've attached an image of the stocking wig that I got from thefivewits. The taiga/hungary one is a discontinued one so probably no point in posting it. Going back on their website I've noticed again that some of the colors can be a bit off for certain characters but then other wigs can be spot on. I am glad they are carrying wigs for more obscure characters like Alana from Saga.

>>8265216
I've used Motions as a pretreatment spray on almost all my long wigs and I've definitely seen a positive difference. It's definitely not a cure all but at least it cuts down the brushing and maintenance time by a little bit. I always apply motions as soon as I take the wig out of the bag though so it might not work as well if you spray it on after it's already tangled.

>> No.8265411

>>8265405
Woah just realized that the zoom in size of the picture is huge. Sorry about that.

>> No.8265416
File: 53 KB, 302x500, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8265405
Wow, that wig looks gorgeous. I never would have guessed it's the same as pic.

>> No.8265426

>>8258799
I find the precurled ones tangle really bad but if you get a straight one and curl it yourself they stay a lot better.

>> No.8265430

>>8265416
I was so scared when I first ordered the wig that it was going to look horrible like it did in the picture because I couldn't find any other customer worn images. The only reason I picked it was because I liked the shades of pinks and blues (at the time all I could find were stocking wigs with light blue and dark pink fibers for some reason) and I didn't feel like sewing wefts into an arda wig.

It would really help if they would actually update their character gallery or just took nice pictures on wig heads. Sometimes it can be nice to have a picture of a wig on a person to get an idea of how long it is though.

>> No.8265764

>>8265312
Haven't tried doing anything with the wig. Friend took it back and I don't know whatever became of it.

>> No.8265833

Uugghh I just bought a Matilda in dark ash blonde but this thread is freaking me out. Especially since it's out of stock and I'm not sure when it will be in stock so I know I'm just going to be sitting here twiddling my thumbs and worrying.

I've sprayed some wigs in the past with leave-in conditioner and it seems to help cheap eBay wigs, anyone tried anything similar to help with the tangles on Arda wigs?

I've had mixed experiences with the two times I've ordered from Epic. This first one was a lace front alternative that was beautiful and thick and styled really well. The second was a longer wig that had somehow arrived within two days with free express shipping I never ordered, but arrived a tangled mess that took me a good hour to detangle.

>> No.8265930

>>8265426
I need a Ferrari or something like one for my next cosplay. Do you think it would be better to get a straight wig (Eowyn is the only one in the color I need) from them and curl it?

>mfw surprisingly difficult color to find
>not even arda stocks many wigs in that color
>other wig shops either reallyvery wrong length or not heat resistant
>would have to weft onto a skin top to style an arda straight wig into what I need
>might be worth it to prevent matted wig

>> No.8265951

>>8265833
Just looked at the restock list for April, and it doesn't look like Dark ash blonde Matilda will be back this month. (Regular ash blonde will be though). Maybe next month. Sorry anon :( I've heard good things about their lace fronts.

I also have a lace front alternative from Epic and damn, I love it so much. So soft. They seem to randomly ship out items with the two day shipping too. Some orders get here (across the US) in a day.

>> No.8265960

All of Arda's wigs are way too big for my head, to the point where it hits my eyebrows and covers my ears, I have bought about 7 wigs from them and almost everyone I have to remove a good 1-2" of wefts from the front just so I can have a normal hairline.. I have natural hair that extends to my buttocks and even with it braided and in wigcaps they are entirely too big.

yet I keep buying from them.. they are one of the best when it comes to finding colors, and quickness of shipping, plus I love the thickness of them so my wig caps don't show.

Lucaille is my second choice on wigs, but they are meh on colors especially in person vs. online and their shipping is $$$ and slow

>> No.8266059

>>8259748
If it's been a week, should I be worried? Still no notification or e-mail saying it's been shipped but I've definitely paid for it

>> No.8266382

>>8266059
As in you ordered on the 13th? I'd give it 2-3 more days, they just had a sale so they might be a bit backlogged.

>> No.8266403

>>8266382
14th, but yeah, it's basically been a week. But, alright. If it's still not shipped by the end of this week then I'll really be worried.

>> No.8266431

>>8266403
I just saw it was for AN, you should still be good even if there are problems and it ships next week. I've never waited more than two weeks for something from Arda, even on the cheapest shipping.

>> No.8266465
File: 68 KB, 600x900, 10418162_10203129612698185_1705433261245908412_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ordered their new "Dany" in a platinum blonde for a Legolas cosplay
>Wig comes on time, but is already a bit tangled prior to opening
> Lace front part wasn't cut, but I had the feeling the wig was used before
> PM them about the tangled wig
> They reply saying it needs a slight rinse with hot water
> I rinse it and it gets even more tangled
> I can only pull off braided hairstyles
> Many layers, but not enough wefts on the lace front on the sides to cover the hair completely, even though they assured me it's perfect for pulling off Legolas' hairstyle

>> No.8267315

>>8266403
I ordered on the 14th as well and I got mine shipped today. I too was worried but remembered that they had a giant sale that sold out most of their wigs. So all you can do is wait. If I were to guess it would ship tomorrow.

>> No.8267700

>>8265216
I used Motions on my Suzi while styling but boy did it still tangle a lot. I spent a lot of time just brushing the wig out and found it very difficult to section and braid without it tangling more. I'm not too experienced with long hair though which could be part of it but I found it really annoying to do much with.

>> No.8267723

>>8266465
Do the fabric softener rinse and spray with a detangler afterwards (I use the Johnson and Johnson no tangles spray but want to find something better). I primarily wear Ardas because of a huge noggin, so I've learned to deal with their ability to auto-tangle.

>> No.8267859

>>8267315
Goddamnit. I ordered late last week and chose priority because I need the wig by the weekend. I get that they just had a sale but that was a week and a half ago, how are they still backlogged?

>> No.8267930

>>8266465
Legolas doesn't have a centre part, so I don't know what you were thinking by springing for that particular style over lace fronts that are meant to be swept back.

>> No.8268174

But doesn't every long wig tangle? Sorry for the question but I don't know much about wigs, I have always bought heat resistant wigs from eBay and they were all perfect minus the problem of long wigs getting tangled but I assume that it happen to every long wig

>> No.8268183

>>8268174
Yeah, but some tangle worse than others.

>> No.8268194

>>8268174
Arda's fibers are more stiff and have a "sticky" quality which makes untangling very difficult. Its great for styling but awful for maintenance. Yes always expect long wigs will tangle but different ones will give you different levels of grief.

>> No.8268227

I ordered a Hansel in light gray on the 15th and haven't received an e-mail saying it's shipped yet. Are they still backlogged? I paid for 2-day shipping, too. :/

>> No.8268455

Can't remember where I read it, but IIRC there was a least one tutorial on keeping arda's long wigs from tangling that involved spritzing the wig with silicone spray.

Wish I could try it out but all I cosplay are short-haired characters

>> No.8268527

I've only ever bought short wigs from Arda and hated all of them, which seems to be different from what I usually hear about them. I knew it was a gamble in the first place cause I have a small head, and so of course the Arda wigs I bought are so monstrously large on me that they bunch up when I try to make them fit on my head.... I recognize that that's my own fault, I knew they ran large.
My only real beef with them is that I bought a Jareth specifically to style a spiked wig, after a lot of research. For some reason, no matter what I did, it just would not style. I made sure to be patient, and hairdry the Gott 2 Be as it dried, I even used the tacky glue on the ends of the spikes trick. But after all that, the styling just drooped and melted out, and there wasn't really as much hair on the top of the wig as I had been lead to believe.

Overall, my personal experiences with Arda have been mediocre to bad, but I know a lot of people who are very happy with them.

>> No.8268733

>>8268527
If you have a small head them you have the advantage of being able to get great wigs off Taobao and eBay.

>> No.8269645

My experience with Arda has been a mixed bag. I used to get rather irritated when people who had awesome shopping experiences were completely denying any problems. I said the company had inconsistent customer service which is a problem, which didn't deny the awesome experiences nor the bad ones.

Pros:
I agree with others, the shorter styles are very thick and have a slight texture so designs requiring heavy spiking or styling are perfect for the short wigs. If it's in stock, the shipping and receiving times are fairly quick. I bought 2 of their Suzi wigs when I was doing commissions and they arrived quickly.
The fact that you can buy swatches or the color ring is nice too, especially if you're really anal about getting a certain shade. The wig fibers take "dye" well too.

Cons:
Used to be more of an issue as they introduced new versions of wigs, they would mix the old and new lots so you never knew if you'd get a new gen or an older version with problems. Case and point, bought a Jareth wig when they had 2nd gen versions out. I happened to get a 1st gen wig that was so thin in the back you could see the mesh and the rest of the fiber was basically a pube nest, so fucking awful. They didn't mention anywhere on the site that you might get a wig of either generation. They never thought to mark and sell off older gen wigs separately from the newest version they were advertising. I haven't bought any of the older style wigs lately but I would imagine most of the old gen wigs have been sold off at this point but who knows. It was annoying as hell at the time because when I contacted customer service telling them the fibers were so thin in the back, the person who replied was like "Well that's why we sell weft packages." Not helpful

If you happen to buy something out of stock, whelp, it still can be a month+ before they tell you and update you on the status of your order.

So yea, still a mixed bag.

>> No.8270185

>>8268227
I can't speak for their processing time which shouldn't be that long, but as someone who does warehouse/mail stuff for an ebay seller: USPS no longer guarantees 2-day shipping.

They've had a lag in their processing due to their con schedule I think, but I've had things ship 2-day from them get scanned by Elk Grove USPS and not arrive for like 5 days.

If you ever have the option to order First Class from Arda (or from anyone really) over 2/3-day priority and tracking is included, go with First Class. It'll be cheaper and honestly less frustrating.

But yeah, I'd give them a few more days, then shoot them an email.

>> No.8271753

>>8270185
This is a little reassuring. I'll pop an email over to them on the 24th, I think. Thank you.

>> No.8272963

Arda's fibers are super thick and really irritate my skin. I'm a seasoned cosplayers and I can't wear their wigs without wanting to rip it off my head and wanting to take a shower. It's only when I wear their brand. I almost think I'm allergic. If arda had the fibers feel the same as epic I'd never look back, or if epic had the same color blends and variety of styles.
>>8259714
I'm still waiting for a good milk tea color. Swear to God I've been looking since 2012 or whenever Mawaru Penguindrum came out.

>> No.8273624

>>8268227
>>8271753
Update on this: I got an email at 7:30pm EST last night saying my wig shipped, so all is not lost for everyone still waiting. Just thought y'all should know.

>> No.8274362

>>8264167
The thing about the 5 Wits is that they don't buy all their wigs from the same factory. They look at multipule factories with tons of different fibers and such and buy what they like best for the style they are looking for.

Why I personally don't like this is, I like to know that when I buy a wig from a company that the fibers will be the same. And 5 Wits can be hit or miss.

Also I find it funny that someone said they liked 5 Wits Stocking wig and that the fibers were better then Arda, since they come from the same factory.

>> No.8274375

>>8274362
....Well fuck, that explains so much. I have always been so confused as to why people loved 5wits to death yet I thought the wigs looked shitty in person.

>> No.8274389

>>8274375
>>8274375
Yea. Half their wigs come from the same factory as Arda, its just that they don't order the larger wig caps. For some of their more specific styles they come from a factory that sells on Ebay.

Also, after reading this thread I wanted to put out there a theory as to way Arda Wig's hair matts so bad.

I noticed a while back that when I wear my Ferrari it matts and tangles really bad at the nap of the neck and kinda matts out from there.

I think that the fibers are so 'effected' by heat that its literally heating the fibers on the back of the neck and setting them. Since their fibers tend to work like courser hair and stick together, once your neck starts to go, the rest follow.

I've found that combing my Ferrari out with a wide tooth comb then taking a flat iron to it works really nice. If I want to get the wave back into it I rinse it out with warm water. Give it a good shake (But not to hard that it tangles again) and leave t to air dry.

I've been wearing the same Ferrari since 2012 and it still looks super nice.

>> No.8274410

>>8274389

I agree with this post as far as the straightening+wide tooth comb combo goes. I just finished coming out a Jasmine that was tangled to hell and back (which was entirely my own fault) and with enough patience and straightening it's back to at least passible. interesting point about the heat/neck thing

>> No.8274913

>>8274410
Back of the neck is where my actual hair is most likely to do that during the day because it rubs on my collar there, so I'm not sure this theory is right.

>> No.8276112

>>8274913
But actual hair doesn't react to heat the same way Arda Wigs fibers do.

And the back of your neck and your head generate a lot of heat.

>> No.8276821

>>8274410
>>8274389
Do you guys have a problem with crimped flyaways after combing out a wig? Even after straightening I find that there's always many flyaway hairs that just won't lay flat. I figure I'm just overcombing, but I dont' know how else to get the knots out

>> No.8276824

>>8276821
You might trying to brush out hair that's supposed to be crimped (crimped hair adds volume).

>> No.8276834

>>8276824
Nah, I mean for long wigs - I always end up with flyaway strands that are kinked instead of perfectly straight after flat ironing

>> No.8277982

>>8276834
If I can't get the tips of some hair to lay flat, I razor just those hairs.

>> No.8277996

>>8258676
My first experience with arda was last week, my boyfriend bought me a wig he knew I wanted as an anniversary gift, he signed for 2 day priority and the wig still hasn't come in the mail. He's been contacting them asking at least for a refund for shipping and it has not gone back on his card.

>> No.8278079

>>8277996
USPS 2-day priority? The post office has recently stopped guaranteeing 2-day priority.

>> No.8278560

>>8278079
I believe so. Still the wig should have been here by now and Arda has not replied to his emails. It's been 7 days over 2 day priority.

>> No.8278780 [DELETED] 

>>8269645
>Case and point, bought a Jareth wig when they had 2nd gen versions out
>1st gen wig that was so thin in the back you could see the mesh and the rest of the fiber was basically a pube nest

Holy shit anon, this happened to my friend and I when we both bought Jareth's. HIs wig was thin as hell (and looks like a pubes nest as you said) while mine was fluffy AF. This makes me mad, but I feel better to have an explanation as to why our Jareth's differed so much in thickness and quality.

>> No.8278786

>>8277996
>>8278560
Taken from their site:
>Orders will be shipped out in 5-6 business days instead of the normal 1-3. We will return to normal next week (4/27).
>WE CANNOT GUARANTEE SAME DAY SHIPPING, EVEN ON EXPRESS 1-2 DAY PACKAGES.

>> No.8278791

>>8278786
It's still been over 5-6 business days, When I said over 7 days I discarded the weekend as well.

>> No.8279462

>>8278791
The only thing I can think of is that they are super backed up, as they had a sale recently and have been going to multiple cons. It doesn't help that they only have 9 or 10 people on staff. I know it sucks, but I've always had to wait 2 weeks to recieve my arda wigs. Sorry anon, hopefully you get it soon.

>> No.8282387

>>8279462
Only about 6 of those people are full time.

>> No.8282533

>>8258746
I had the same thing with the arda eowyn wig as well. I ended up just throwing it in the garbage because it looked like shit.

>> No.8282550

I have a couple wigs from Arda that I use for lolita and I like them. However, I cut them a few inches below my shoulders and styled them in a way that doesn't require brushing on a regular basis. One of the wigs was originally a delilah and it was AWFUL. I eventually just cut off like 3/4 of the hair and styled it and now its my favourite wig.

I like arda because their wig caps are pretty big so it doesn't press on your head and give you a headache, but the fibers are very rough and i find that it makes my neck itch. I bought my first lockshop wig a few months ago and its beautiful, I don't know if ill ever go back to arda now (except of course for crazy anime spikes)

>> No.8282743

>>8260613
On the subject of ponytail wigs, how does epic cosplay's version stack up to the Jeannie? It seems like it may be a better purchase considering the bad arda reviews, but it only comes with the hair pulled back, not a separate clip, which is what I prefer since I'm making a huge ponytail poof.

>> No.8283665

>>8278791
Update, the wig is still not sent here, and no email has been responded too. This wig better be damn nice.

>> No.8283685

>>8283665
Are you emailing orders @ arda or replying to your confirmation? That's weird - they always respond to my emails within a few minutes.

>> No.8283707
File: 175 KB, 704x400, bakemonogatari_koyomi0082.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I bought a Magnum in black for Koyomi and it's in the mail right now. Did I make the right choice?

>> No.8285407

Well, I'm apparently the target demographic of Arda's Jeannie/Jasmine. After untying it the back netting fits me perfectly, and the circumference is snug around my head (almost too difficult to get on, actually. I feel bad for anyone who tries to buy this and has a smaller head.

>>8282743
>but it only comes with the hair pulled back, not a separate clip

Not quite. It's still a two-part pony like Arda's Jeannie and not a single like their Jasmine; instead of a clip, it's a fall piece that hooks in with combs and is further secured with a string tie.

It stacks up pretty decently if you ask me. Fit was a little tight but I've got a huge head. Retying it so the back would fit was fairly easy since Epic's fiber tends to not tangle as much.

>> No.8285708

>>8285407
Thanks! How's the hair density in the fall? I need to make a wig with a huge ponytail and lots of bangs.

>> No.8286233

>>8258936
>>8258988
I bought a Jeannie and ended up having to alter it to fit my head (my head is larger than average but it's still slightly too small for the specialty wigs for Arda). Didn't take too long and now it fits my head perfectly. If you're not willing to take the time to actually alter the specialty wigs then I suggest not buying them

>> No.8286712

>>8285708
Kind of thin tbh. I would pull it out to show you, but I disassembled it for wefts to add to another wig. If you need added thickness, I recommend getting wefts or a separate clip on.

>> No.8286954

>>8285407
That's pretty good news :) I just ordered a Phoebe and have the same problem (huge head), so I was a bit worried that it wouldn't fit at all. Does it show a lot of your hair in the back due to the smaller cap?

>> No.8287294

How long does it take for their wigs to arrive? I ordered one on the 7th and haven't heard back.

>> No.8287385

>>8287294
Email them. I ordered something on the 21st and it shipped out this monday.

>> No.8287452

I have 3 lacefront wigs by arda. The Matilda, Suzi, and Tauriel.
The Matilda works the best out of the 3. I've had it for 2 years and have had minimal issues with tangling and frizz.
The Suzi is decent enough however becomes frizzy and tangles after a few wears. Also I've noticed the top layers sit oddly on the head if the wigs worn completely slicked back.
The worst out of these is definitely the Tauriel. I had to modify the widow's peak because the original peak looks so extreme. It reminded me vaguely of Eddie Munster. This one tangles without fail every time it is worn or touched.
The lace they use in all of their lace fronts is super itchy. Matilda is the longest lace front I would order from Arda. Would definitely go somewhere else if you need something longer than that.