[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 244 KB, 471x405, 1371362685885.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8251869 No.8251869[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Cgl fitness talk/tips/feels

How many of you are trying to get fitter?
How Much does body shape matter when cosplaying?

Personally I am a bit overweight, trying to get down so I can cosplay properly because I really care about detail

Also being in shape might help me finding a qt but that's another story

>> No.8251879

Body shape doesn't matter for cosplaying. It doesn't. At the end of the day you are a sick little weirdo dressing up like a cartoon character regardless of what you look like.

The point is to get fit for you so you can live longer and have less expensive medical bills.

>> No.8251893

I think it matters a little. But, I'll take a chubby cosplayer in a well-made costume over a skinny one in a pile of shit. It's more about costume quality and fit to me. Of course being thin makes that easier, imo. Also for more revealing cosplays I think body type becomes more important. I'd never do a skimpy cosplay if I were fat.

>> No.8251915

>tfw 100lb
>small, petite
>kawaii af

but I am literally the most unfit person, can barely run 20 seconds to catch a bus without wheezing

started going to the gym with boyfriend to get more physically fit (not buff) and get a nice cosplay tummy to do characters that show midriff (have always been too self conscious), but recently broke up with him so motivation is dropping fast...

>> No.8251937

depends on who your cosplaying. If your cosplaying goku, you are going to look weird if you're a twink or a fat ass.

>> No.8251940

Personally, I love the idea that if I keep going, one day I might be able to pull off a not very buff Gray from fairy tail

Taking up running and working on diet

Tfw hate current body and feel great trying to push myself

>> No.8251959
File: 162 KB, 500x376, FFS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just started a one month diet for a con. My diet has been so bad and I have been so lazy this winter I have added a inch to my waist. Trying to push through the part where you still crave all the crap you have been eating.
Getting into exercise is harder though.At least the weather is nice enough for walks now.

>> No.8251991

>>8251959
Wait, if I manage for log enough, the cravings go?

Thank the lord

>> No.8251998

Wanting to cosplay one of the girls from Jjba soon, I'm thin but I have no muscle so I'm trying to work towards that. Started eating healthier and drinking more last month, waiting for it to get warmer so I can start going for runs and working out at home without baggy clothes or freezing to death.

Normally I don't care that much but I can't see a Jjba cosplay looking good without having some muscle.

>> No.8252010

>>8251991
Well, for the most part,in my experience. I still might crave some ice cream every once in awhile but I don't feel like I might cut someone if I don't get some chips, you know?

>> No.8252016

>>8251991

Reduce your portion size slightly and make sure you don't take more refills to compensate. Your stomach will growl and you'll feel hungry but after a few days you will adjust to the reduced intake. If you crave certain foods you can still eat them IF you restrict the portion size and you exercise to compensate for the additional calories.

>> No.8252033

>>8252016
Agreed. To build on this I have found when in the adjustment period where you are still hungry it helps to drink warm drinks. Tea and coffee always helped settle my stomach till it got used to it.

>> No.8252058

>>8252033

I tend to drink water or eat filler food. Celery, cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage, and other vegetables have very little calorific value and are high in fiber. It sits in your stomach for a while which helps to suppress hunger. You can eat a salad with low cal dressing, I make a vinegarette with a teaspoon of olive oil and a few tablespoons of basalmic vinegar or red wine vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Prepare them ahead of time so when you're hungry you won't reach for something more convenient.

>> No.8252186

>>8252058
>not drinking coffee 24/7 as filler
not gonna make it brah

>> No.8252192

>>8251869
>weight loss threads should be kept in /fit/

>> No.8252193

lol fatties.
Body shape absolutely matters.

>> No.8252463

Plz guys, this isn't /fit/ :(

p.s. caffeine + ephedrine is god for appetite suppression*
* I'm not responsible for heart failure caused by this p.s.

>> No.8252469

I've signed up to see an exercise physiologist.

>> No.8252473

>>8251915
I am not going to lie being able to run to catch the bus without getting winded is in my top 5 reasons to get fit.

>> No.8252488

>>8251879
shut up faggot. What's the point of living if you can't be a kawaii animu grill?

>> No.8252512

Anyone else feel like they'll never look thin despite their weight? I'm like 5'2", 100 lbs, and measured in at under 17% body fat when I was over 5 pounds heavier and I feel like I look so LARGE. My shoulders are always too big for things and zipping up tall boots over my calves is a struggle. People always tell me I'm so tiny, but I feel like the only things that are are my wrists and hands, and I guess my waist (somewhere between 22 and 23 inches.. depends on period, carbonated drinks, etc). I feel like I'm doomed to always kind of feel like I'm a bull in a china shop, so to speak.

>> No.8252537
File: 1011 KB, 2041x1275, nigirithinspo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thinspo thread?

Thinspo thread.

>> No.8252550

>>8252512
I look thin, but stocky at the same time in the sense that I definitely don't look waifish in the least despite my weight.
5'8 and 115lbs. Waist is about 24-25" Wide shoulders, short torso, wide hips(legitimately "big boned" my ass looks pretty big but it's basically bone covered by a little muscle and fat, and my hip bones stuck out even when I was 140), meaty thighs, legit fat face, round face etc.

Even when I was around 90lbs(got sick with food poisoning and the flu while away from home for a few months, had no scale), you could tell I was underweight if you saw me naked, but I looked the equivalent of what most girls my height and current weight look like.

Gaining the weight back was a nice process, at least after the first 2 weeks. Constant hunger despite stuffing my face is a bit frightening.