[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 44 KB, 403x600, 1427336078775.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8235950 No.8235950 [Reply] [Original]

New feels thread? New feels thread.

>> No.8235965

>>8235950
>excited because one of the relatives I visited for Easter gave me $20 because "I know how you college students always need money"
>excited because it's not much but it means I can add a new bag to my Taobao roder
>parents of a kid I tutor cancelled on me just after I'd left the house, lost $20
>no new items for me

Later
>"Anon, I know I said we'd be open on Easter Monday but I want you to do a half-shift anyway because we're not expecting many customers"
>manager tells me this the day before
>lost another $30

>> No.8235996

>Built a custom Sephiroth suit for my first con
>Needed sword or would look terrible
>Find guy in china who makes gorgeous replicas from wood
>Order and wait 4 weeks
>Take sword home, inner weeb emerges as I take it out the packaging
>Shit is bubble wrapped and safety tied to shit, cut it out the packaging
>Scabbard is split to shit and breaking
>Email seller, will take weeks to make and send, he's pissed
>Event in two weeks, agree with seller to refund me half and I'll make the repairs
>Get to con, remove sword from holster and the holster splits on the other side
>Have to duct tape it up and pray it doesn't happen again

Still haven't tried to fix that fucking sword since

>> No.8236013

This is embarrassing for me but I want to get it off my chest.

I don't have any friends and live in a small town, so there's no people my age living here that I can meet anymore because they all moved to go off to bigger and better things. I recently contacted an old friend to catch up but they decided they weren't interested.
I currently don't have a job (trying to work on changing that) and I can't drive so everything I do has to be in walking distance. So I spend almost 70% of my time completely alone.
I am absolutely starved for human interaction and that's why I started coming here about a couple months ago. I don't even really like it here, but since it's the only place I've been able to actually get to talk to people, here I still am.

I feel like an embarrassing shut in or something.

>> No.8236029

>>8236013

Find chatrooms relted to your interest and make use of subreddits to meet people

>> No.8236032

>host clasical puppets GO in febuary
>forget about CNY so things get delayed
>back from holiday, CP says that only half the items we ordered are in stock and it will take at least 2 weeks for everything to come in
>wait like 3 weeks
>stuff finally starts arriving
>they send all but a single petticoat to the shopping service
>now I've got to wait even longer

Seriously this whole experience is driving me up a wall. I've never had any trouble like this with my other orders and I feel so bad because it's not just my order, it's for a whole bunch of other people too. Ughhh has anyone had issues with CP like this before??

>> No.8236065

>see a lot of gulls fighting about weight lately
>I always thought measurements are what mattered
>they're fighting over each other's actual weight
>think I'm just going to post my measurements and never mention my weight now
>tfw seagulls would think I'm a liar or a man if I posted my bust to waist measurement with my real weight
I just hate the association that if someone weighs over 150 they must look like a planet. It does get me down a lot.

>> No.8236069

>>8236032
> CP
> expecting to not wait an eternity
Top kek. Seriously though, you really need to get on their asses for them to get shit done.

>> No.8236086

>have tiny cute body
>have ugly manface
>So I should just cosplay guys, right? I'd make a cute guy?
>spend a good 4 years crossplaying, miserable
>cosplay a few girls here and there
>they look a ton better
>??????
I'm not sure if it's my attraction to girls that makes me think it looks better, but what the fuck am I doing wrong.

>> No.8236099
File: 87 KB, 1280x720, same naoto.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finally break it off with deadbeat boyfriend after too many years putting up with his shit
>hit the con
>spend most of the con hanging out with cool attractive people into the same weird fandom shit as me
>one of them is even cosplaying my favorite character

I was too beta to pursue anything but damn, it feels like I'm starting my life over. A kind of scary but good feeling.

>> No.8236106

>>8233617
There have been some divorces in my family and now both sides hate each other. Most notably, my grandma and grandpa divorced in the 70s, and she hates him and will kick off if she sees him. Her ex-husband remarried and I have a bunch of cousins and shit on that side, meaning I have more people expecting an invite from his family than all my other relatives put together. My parents also divorced because my dad was an abusive dickwad, but I'm still in contact with my grandparents and uncle on that side and would want them there. Kinda wanna invite my dad too but my mom's side of the family would be pissed if they saw him. To add to the mess, I'm gay and three quarters of my relatives are homophobic, but would still be mortally offended if they weren't invited. Ever since gay marriage got legalized in my state my girlfriend's been joking about tying the knot but it makes me panicky just thinking about the logistics of it.

>inb4 how is this /cgl/ related
Uhhh...my girlfriend suggested wearing lolita to the wedding after seeing those photoshoots those other girls did, but I think it's a terrible idea.

>>8234117
Very true.

>>8235199
>The only angle/expression that works for me is looking straight at the camera with a slight bitchface.
I felt like this for a long time because I thought my natural smile looked weird but I found that a slight (not Misako Aoki-style) closed-mouth smile or a slight open-mouthed smile also looked good at a 3/4 angle. But I have to look slightly up or straight if I'm doing a 3/4 angle because any angle combined with looking down makes the tip of my nose look bulbous and huge. As a result, a super-snooty turned-up nose angle actually works well for me, but it's unsuitable unless the character has in-show a permanent attitude of looking down on all these peasants.

>> No.8236125

>>8236065
That's always been a strange concept to me. You can be 150 and not look skinnyfat. Only online will people be catty and call you fat because you aren't a kawaii little thing. What truly matters is being able to fit into flattering clothes or the clothes you want to wear.

I'm 165 atm, was a size 22 long ago, and NO one calls me fat or out of shape IRL. Then again I look terrible because my body fat percentage/measurements are still big (thanks mom for the banana shape!).

>> No.8236136

>want concrit for a coordinate I'm working on for an upcoming meet
>no friends I can ask for advice because all lolita friends are newer than me
>not sure whether to ask advice on 4chan or lolita fashion mentoring
>don't really wanna use LFM because its system means fairly bad coords often don't get much advice because either the mods are being to gentle or can't be bothered to post detailed concrit, or non-mods that see the post and have advice can't be bothered messaging an admin to get permission to reply
>also a lot of the stuff that gets posted to LFM is very nooby and I know my coordinate is fairly decent already - I'm just looking for nitpicks, which 4chan is better for
>but if I post on 4chan I'll be outed as a seagull because some lolitas in my comm browse here
>even if I posted a collage and not a photo of me wearing it it'd be obvious it's me because I've only ever seen one other person who owns the dress and bag I want to use

>> No.8236144

>>8236136
>only ever seen one other person who owns the dress and bag I want to use
Unless it's handmade, how is that even possible

>> No.8236154

>>8236013
Op that was me for a few years, I was so sad. I straight up moved & went to community college in another town (I had a masters already in a useless field) for 2 years, 2 years on again from that I still have the core group of friends I made there plus 40 odd acquaintances because of my hobby turned work. I suggest you look into less drastic avenues though as I only moved because I had no family left either there and nothing to lose. You can perhaps even consider younger friends in your area. My new group is 6 years younger than me (26 to my 32) but once yous are past 18 the age difference makes no change. I do recommend a class in a small local college, or gettimg involved in whatever art/drama/music that the place has to offer. Even the gym. I never made friends at the gym but I got a really slim body and felt so healthy! If everything needs to be within walking distance then consider a bicycle. I also tried bars but that wasn't much good. If you have dance classes its easy to make friends at them too. Thats all I can think of right now. Oh, and if you can-do a day trip to another town or city, just to stop you feeling trapped. I used to feel very trapped in my old town.

>> No.8236157

>>8236144
It's very easily possible for the less popular brand pieces and older, less popular pieces from the Taobao brands. I'm not saying no-one else owns it, because I'm sure quite a few do, but last time I checked the only source I could find was an old daily-lolita post on LiveJournal.

>> No.8236162

>>8236157
(IDK about the bag because it's not got a name that's easy to search for but I've never seen it anywhere else before, and I read all the EGL wardrobe posts both this year and last year.)

>> No.8236173

>>8236154
If there's a library within walking distance that could be good for you anon. A lot of them hold free classes and events, and you can get involved with things like volunteering to help old people learn to use a computer (which, although sometimes frustrating, can actually be really rewarding - some older people are really isolated, or rarely to never get visits because their children and grandchildren live in other states or countries, so shit like Skype can really improve their life).

>> No.8236179

>>8236144
Do you only buy coveted AP releases or something? Not that anon, but I have a JSK that, despite a fuckton of searching because I struggled to coordinate it, I only ever saw in one daily lolita post and an EGL sales post from 2012. Until this week, when it surprised me by popping up on Lacemarket at a price way higher than I expected.

>> No.8236180

>>8236136

send it to collageanon on tumblr.

Though it may be a while before she gets back to you. My last question took a couple of weeks, I think. Still, helpful since you already own the items and can put together yet another coord for another meetup.

>> No.8236188

>>8236180
Can I do that without a tumblr account? If so, I'll bite.

>> No.8236195

>>8236188

Yeah, she's got anon asks open.

>> No.8236198

>>8236069
believe me, I have been. Unfortunatly I've mostly beeeeen chewing out the SS because I've got no idea how to contact them directly.
And I've never ordered from CP before and the only thing I hear about them is that they have good petticoats, the few reviews that say they had slow times had custom orders or were buying from like qutieland or whatever

>> No.8236234

>cgl's birthday is today
>so is mine
>it was meant to be!

I'm going through a super tough time, financially, health-wise, and almost everything else, but I'm determined to have a good birthday.
cgl may sometimes be full of catty bitches, but this board helped me through some tough as shit times.
So thank you.

Send good thoughts my way, gulls.

>> No.8236248

>>8236125
>What truly matters is being able to fit into flattering clothes or the clothes you want to wear
Thanks for this anon. Sometimes I need to hear sanity to feel better.

>> No.8236259

>>8236198
I ordered petticoats from them with an SS before and my whole order took a month to make, but I was ordering stuff from a bunch of other shops at the same time so the slowness could have been due to An*Tai*Na or R-Series or Foxcherry of somebody instead.

>> No.8236261

>>8236259
My CP order took 3 months. I wasn't in a big hurry, but man, do they take forever if you don't rush them.

>> No.8236271

>>8236259
Actually wait nope, I just checked. I paid the first invoice from Taobaospree on the 17th January, and even with CNY in between everything arrived by the 8th February. Paid the shipping a couple of days later and it arrived in my country on the 26th.

>> No.8236273

>>8236234
>Send good thoughts my way, gulls.

No, fuck you. We don't do that here.

Just kidding, I hope your birthday is nice. All you can do is as much as you can do, and if you keep doing that, things will improve. Good luck anon.

>> No.8236276

>tfw every year at the local convention you see amazing cosplayers but come convention season on the FB group it's nothing but idiots wanting to buy contact lenses who have never used them and people spraying their hair colors instead of buying wigs

>> No.8236281

>>8236180
>tfw want to do this
>dress colour isn't accurate to stock picture so can't make a decent collage for it
>can't make a floordinate because some stuff is still in the mail

>> No.8236289

>>8236106
Make different invites for people you do and don't want at your wedding, and make the ones you send to your homophobic relatives gay as fuck. Tell them you need to be at least this gay to attend, or no open bar for them.
Alternatively you can look up some advice from people who aren't autists like me. Your problem of feeling obligated to invite assholes you don't even want to your wedding is a very common one and entire libraries have been written on the subject.

Also a lesbian lolita wedding sounds cute as fuck anon do it do it do it

>> No.8236296

>>8236179
I have a BtSSB JSK from CC without a name that's, so I just went through all tartan BABY dresses on lolibrary. Nothing. I just want to know from what year it is damnit.

>> No.8236302

>>8236234
Does your name start with a V?
Even if you're not who I suspect you might be, happy birthday!

>> No.8236316

>>8236289
The thing is, I want all these people at my wedding, I just want them to set aside their feuds for a while and behave like adults while they're there instead of bitching and fighting with each other over shit that happened years ago. As to the homophobes, most of them don't actually know I'm gay so telling them via wedding invite will be pretty fun.

>> No.8236322

>>8236013
If you have a throwaway email, I-I'd love to talk with you a bit, anon. I'm in essentially the same position, minus the part about living in such a small town. ;_;

>> No.8236382
File: 28 KB, 524x336, disgust.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not really /cgl/ related but

>anime/game with female protag
>another girl is a turbocunt to fem protag
>"LESBIANS!!1! I SHIP IT"
>turbocunt is unredeemable in every way and is only genuinely nice to the protag in fanfiction

Literally worse than fujoshi. As much as I can't stand hambeasts at cons, yurifags are so much worse and more unlikable.

>> No.8236502

>>8236234
Happy birthday!

My feels:
>ordered Etsy wedding band from UK for fiance
>two weeks pass
>seller replies to my pm saying it takes 10-25 days
>hopeful it'll turn up
>Be anxious that my shitty post office lost it

>> No.8236522

>>8236382
It's because so few works of media pass the Bechdel test that yurifags are really starved of potential pairings. Not so much in anime, but in a lot of media it's rare to find two female characters with development and backstory so yurifags will ship anyone that's seen onscreen with the protagonist. With male protagonists, although the ships may be unlikely, they usually interact with at least two or three other male characters so the fujoshi can pick the best of a bad bunch. Yurifags annoy me as much as the next person, but when the villain's the only female the protagonist knows that has anything approaching character development, I can see why they get shipped with them.

Sage for not being strictly /cgl/ related.

>> No.8236549

I feel like everytime I wear lolita something sucky happens. Today I was all dressed up, in the park when a big mucky dog that had been swimming in a stagnant pool came over and shook itself off beside me before I had time to get away. My baby pink dress is now full of oily stains :( as the water run off in the park is stagnant, has been recently dredged so the banks are all mud and its beside a road so pretty manky. So annoyed at the owner for not calling their dog away.

>> No.8236553

>miss re-release of Katrina and one of my dream dresses in CC
>actually get chest pain
>think wtf are you getting heartache over a dress lol
>pain intensifies
>Pass out
>in hospital, doctor tells you heart problem seems to be worsening
>'You don't want to hear this anon, but pacemakers, meds blah blah.'
>wearing highwaist jsk can hide ugly 24hr heart monitor
> friend tells you to be grateful because she has had a hard week cause her new diet is making her cranky and at least you got a load off while you were in hospital
> friend doesn't contact your shopping service as you asked because she thinks 'you don't need that shit anon'

But why?

>>8236234
Happy Birthday!

>> No.8236589

>>8236522
Not anon but I guess I don't understand shipping in general because if the characters have no chance of being together or liking each other why ship them? Find a series with a better pairing to ship instead of shipping friends with no chemistry or enemies.

>> No.8236605
File: 124 KB, 570x804, tumblr_mmhuk4mf8S1s1uvlro7_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you want to start a lolita knitwear company

>low knitting/knitwear skills

time to practice.

>> No.8236609

>>8236553

What the fuck anon. What a fucking horrible week. Your friend isn't making shit better wtf.

Seriously hope you get better and that you find your dream dress very soon.

>> No.8236624

>>8236553
Define friend. Her diet is making her a bitch

>> No.8236696

>day off of work
>sleep in
>wake up refreshed from last night workout session
>went too ham
>planning on some breakfast
>take out sewing machine to have ready after meal
>eat food, come back, sit down to start cosplays
>work calls
>"anon we need you right now come in on day off"
>sigh
>more money, more problems

>> No.8236731
File: 205 KB, 500x386, tumblr_mgqrtnTQc81qzbjieo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Buy patterns for the first time for cosplay, they're anime school uniform patterns (pleated skirt, blazer, sailor uniform, ect)
>Need it mostly for the sailor collar because I tend to fuck those up
>Go home, open them, cut out collar
>It's triangular as fuck, the oppisite of what I needed
>I have no idea what to do with this
>Did I just waste $20

>> No.8236739

>>8236731
Picture of what happened?

>> No.8236766
File: 323 KB, 500x549, wedding.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8236382
As a yurifag I apologize, anon. We're not all terrible.

>> No.8236806

>>8236589
People ship because it's fun. That's it. Doesn't matter if it doesn't have a chance of happening.

>> No.8236972

>>8236549
That's terrible. Can you take it to the cleaners? I've had them get some nasty stains out.

>> No.8236989

>>8236806
This. I'm both yurifag and yaoifag, and I can say that how realistic a pairing is means jack shit. I haven't quite figured out the math behind what drives a certain pairing into popularity, but I suppose it has more to do with how much one can get under the skin of the other than how polite they are to each other.

>> No.8236996

>>8236989
Basically. I ship a lot of different things, but I think opposites are more popular because it means more possibilities for interesting chemistry then just lovey-dovey from the start. Like if characters hate each other there's more options for that 40 chapter fanfiction to get them to warm up for each other.

The reason most people ship in the first place is because they know they can't have it. Aside from the most generic of shoujo, most series never seem to get canon relationships so it's free for all in the eyes of fans.

>> No.8237154

>>8236989
For me (sage for not strictly /cgl/ related), it's that I like plot and characterization with my porn and it's hard to get that elsewhere. With shipping, you find two characters you like and whose personalities you like, and get to see them fuck, whether in art or fanfic. I'm not one of the people who legit thinks their ships are true and the authors intended them all along, but I enjoy thinking that two characters would be good together. Also I'm a lesbian and there's shit all decent lesbian media out there, so we take what we can find. (And like the anon up above said about there not being much media with two - or even one - developed female characters, I'll also ship yaoi pairings too because of that.)

>> No.8237257

>Buy Lady 80 size blouse from F+F
>Measurements should have been an inch too big, no problem
>It's so fucking baggy I look like a hunchback
>Sleeves are 3 inches too long
>Can look straight down blouse and see my stomach
>Buys Lady 70 to replace it
>Measurements should be better this time
>It's so fucking tight I can barely get it over my head
>Blouse ends right below my tits
>Arms are so tight they're cutting off circulation

Why F+F, I'm a nice person, I don't deserve this

>> No.8237361

>>8237257
>decide to check out Conomi for nanchatte seifuku shit
>want more tartan pleated skirts but can't find one to my taste on Bodyline in the colour I want (I'm super picky about tartans)
>find one that looks cute, also a blazer that looks cute
>how much is it?
>fucking $85 for the skirt and $200 for the blazer, before even considering SS fees and shipping

I thought this would be cheaper than lolita...

>> No.8237432
File: 34 KB, 600x449, 1419426559241.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Measurements 36-26-40.
>Perfect teeny tiny narrow shoulders.
>Big chest makes everything that isn't tailored or a super stretch knit makes me look like a boobloaf linebacker.

I JUST WANT TO LOOK NICE.

>> No.8237472

>>8237432
IKTF anon.

>shoulders so narrow JSK and bra straps fall off, hard to find a properly fitting bra because of small ribcage
>large boobs

It used to be hell finding stuff that fit (especially normalfag clothes, which, unlike lolita, don't feature shirring and corset lacing or offer custom sizes) until I got ill and lost a bunch of weight and it made me flatter. Then I could finally actually fit into UK 8 clothes, whereas before it was like my waist was a 6 and my chest was a 10-12, but if I wore size 10-12 clothes it was super baggy on my waist.

>gaining the weight back
>glad to be healthier and less cold, but seriously scared now I'm beginning to not fit stuff again
>first lolita dress has sentimental value so I don't want to sell it but it's for an 84cm bust body measurement and is getting uncomfortably tight

Also
>too small for Bodyline unless it has shirring and corset lacing
>not small enough for their kid sizes

>> No.8237482

>>8236739
I don't think I cut it out wrong, I think that the pattern is just for a sharper looking collar than the round one I'm trying to make. I haven't really slept lately due to a lot of stress so this was the thing that blew me off the scale.
>Vacation next week
>Thank u jesus

>> No.8237484

>Skirt order finally comes in.
>Ordered high waisted version since company screwed up first order.
>I'm too fat for it.
>Well shit, trying to lose weight anyway. I'll Just wear It once my waist slims down enough.
>Realize I may not be able to wear it even if my waist goes down enough because of my ribs.

My underbust was two inches above the max waist size on the skirt even before my weight gain. I'm kind of short waisted too. So I guess once my weight goes back down, I'll get the skirt altered. I don't want to do it now when I need to drop 20-30 pounds.

>> No.8237533

>>8237482
A round sailor collar? What do you mean?

>> No.8237553
File: 55 KB, 600x398, 1424908285398.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8237533
Sorry for being vague, I'm making mako and the front end of hers curves in around the neck line, the pattern I got is straight, like triangles. It'll be simple enough to modify once I'm not running purely on caffine.
In other news
>Find perfect color and texture fabric for cosplay plans at discount fabric store
>Buy the amount the girl working there recommends I get
>Get a pattern for the pants I have to make with them
>Not even half a hard short of what I need
>I'm never going to find this fabric again

>> No.8237554

>convention this weekend
>spend past two days tearing apart my house looking for a pair of shoes
>find them today
>now i can't find my tights
>I have one other pair but they're white and I need ivory or else I'll clash
>I might cry

>> No.8237561

>was selling some sweet lolita stuff that's now out of style
>not much luck selling it to lolitas
>realise I'd probably have better luck in fairy kei sales comms
>they're fucking public not private so if I post in them everyone on my friends list will see

Never have I regretted not having separate lolita and normal Facebook accounts more.

>> No.8237677
File: 132 KB, 598x552, 1405785570954.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have a salsa dance unit for PE
>have AvPD, which makes me anxious about the whole thing
>everyone gets put in groups by PE teacher, like 8 people per group
>am put in group with people I know and am friendly with
>nice
>next week
>find out some girl complained about her placement, so the PE teacher switched her place with mine without my consent
>I get put in a group of people I don't actually know except as acquaintances
>everyone in the group is friends except me
>completely awkward
>both enraged and terrified
>confront the girl about it
>"Oh, I was just like "Nah" about my group lol :))"
>rage intensifies
>the PE teacher is already angry that some people didn't like their groups (despite being the one to ask if everyone was okay with their placement to begin with), very low chance of him listening to me and switching things back
I know worse things could be happening and it's not a /cgl/-related feel, but I really need to vent. I'm really stressed and frustrated about this and I feel like crying. Sorry.

>> No.8237721

>be me in high school in 2009
>school has so many cringeworthy weebs there was actually a japanese club, an anime club, and a "japanese pop culture" club
>I'm into lolita and cosplay but avoid the weebs like the plague, though they literally attempt to pull me into their meetings sometimes
>the leader of the anime club shows up in a "gothic lolita" outfit to school one day
>the quintessential ita: short black and white frumpy dress, no petticoat, scene kid hair, combat boots, using a clear bubble umbrella as a "parasol", she's just soooo excited to be wearing a kawaii japanese gothloli dress
>even to my newb eyes this is a fucking travesty of an outfit
>make post to FB that says she wouldn't know real lolita if it walked right past her

>be me today
>"anon have you always been such a sandy bitch about itas?"
>yes, I have, but now I know where to post it, unlike before

>> No.8237729

>>8237677
This is an 18+ board. Please leave.

>> No.8237740

>>8237561
If you tried selling in the lolita sales places first, why would anyone think badly of you trying to sell your things in another market? It's not like there is no crossover between Fairy Kei and Sweet Lolita clothing items.

>> No.8237749

>>8237554
Buy a new pair.
After the con, organize your things.

>> No.8237751
File: 18 KB, 480x400, 1427318745641.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>talk to gf about wanting to be a dealer thinks im just trying to hit on girls
>she goes to a con and flirts with other guys
>not really mad its whatever
>rumors floating around that she fucked some guy in her cosplay
>to much of a pussy to confront her/break shit off
>Hate self

>> No.8237762
File: 608 KB, 635x480, Staredog.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cosplaying with boyfriend
>he was born the wrong colour palette for the character
>tfw blonde wig would look hideous on him

I guess it's just for fun so oh well

>> No.8237767

Bodyline sale.
Most things I want still out of stock or not available yet. I still check even though it's been months. No shiny shoes, no gold shoes, no violin boots.
Get 2 blouses and a fairly plain pair of shoes.
Later think about how much I will be able to wear them with.
Realize I need to focus more on these kinds of pieces and it will expand my wardrobe so much.
A disappointing thing turned into a good thing.

>> No.8238004

>mfw was meant to be baking
>spent the last 90mins looking up cute bags for random anon in taobao thread
>what happened to my pie crust????

have to start again now curse you cute bags

>> No.8238006

>>8238004
T-Thanks anon. I hope your crust turns out nice and crusty.

>> No.8238026

>date guy who suddenly makes me hyper aware of my appearance
>start taking better care of myself, and feel awesome

>> No.8238038

>>8237749
Wouldn't get here in time.

>> No.8238054

>>8238004
I'm the bag anon, I am so sorry. I wish you good pies and perfect crust every time from now on.

>> No.8238075
File: 205 KB, 431x417, feelsbadmayng.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Incoming bag o feels

Man, this is just not a good month to host any meets. Everyone's either busy with finals coming up or burnt out from AM. I have one coming up and I've put up a lot of hype into it, but all I'm getting are a bunch of maybes, and the people who said wanted to go during a feeler post haven't responded. I'm seriously thinking about canceling it pretty soon. I have no idea what i'm going to do on my day off though.

Anyone else have been dealing with a similar problem in their comm (bunch of no-shows)?

Also:

>seeing everyone's AM posts and posts about winning Baby tea party tickets
>not sure if envy because kind of falling out of the con scene
>would like to be more into the music scene, but worry it'll end up like the con scene
>but with dirty hipsters instead of weebs

>tfw started a comm, only to feel more like a lone lolita
>tfw only close friend moved away and moved on from the fashion

>been going to the gym a lot lately
>getting stronger, running longer, and more flexible
>still not seeing ab definition
>125 to 128
>niggawut?

I think my scale is off. I just want to go back to having a 27 inch waist. I'm no where near overweight, but I always feel uncomfortable wearing my fully shirred skirt. What the fuck gives?

>> No.8238101

>>8238075
>125 to 128
>wut

Muscle weighs significantly more than fat. This is like gym 101.

>> No.8238111

I'm taking my boyfriend to his first con in May. I'm really happy that he's taking such an interest in my hobbies, but I've already made plans to cosplay in a group with friends for the Saturday, and I'm worried that he'll feel left out. He doesn't know anyone else in the con scene, although I think he'll get along with my friends because they have quite similar interests outside of cosplay.

I don't wanna make him troop around after a bunch of weebs for the biggest day of the con, but I also don't want him to feel like I don't want him there. What do, seagulls?

>> No.8238119

>>8238038
Go outside and buy a pair at a normalfag store if just plain ones, to a dance shop if they are that kind. Why do you need to order them if they are just tights?

>> No.8238169

>>8238101

I was thinking that but dammit, I want my small waist back. I haven't seen it budge from 30".

>> No.8238207

>>8238111
I've dealt with this before, so we put together a last-minute-ish costume for him. It was the one way for him to not feel left out of the entire con scene, and now he sees characters and thinks "I want to cosplay that" instead of just "That's a cool character". Good feel.

Is there any costume at all (even a Halloween one or casual clothing one) that you could put together and get away with at a con? Also include him in on everything, inform him of whatever you guys are chatting about, make him feel like he's in-the-know.

>> No.8238508
File: 41 KB, 357x356, 1422553559803.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>talking in FB group for our friend group
>meet a new person
>we get along
>I see a picture of him, he's at least 300lbs+
>can't get fucking past it
>everything in my mind just wants to bring up his weight

Questions in my mind like

>do you have to go through doors sideways?

>when will you cosplay the sp janitor with a bag of hot pockets?

>you said crunches are easy enjoyable, explain how you do them and how often

>you enjoy cooking and baking with precision, do your sausage fingers get in the way?

>ever have trouble typing? like you accidentaily mash the keys sometimes?

I geniuenely like the kid but I havent seen someone so obese in my fucking life I need to know

>> No.8238560

>>8236553
>almost die
>friend telling you to get over it because boohoo her diet is more important
Doesn't sound like any friend to me

>> No.8238569

>>8237751
Do you have a WiiU

>> No.8238616

>>8237749
Not that anon but white/ivory tights or even OTKs are a bloody nightmare to find in brick and mortar shops where I live. You'd think they were a staple colour but nope, everything white is either super sheer sexytime stay-ups or only made in little girl sizes. Any store will have at least five different kinds of opaque black tights but white is like the holy grail. I blame normalfags.

>>8237740
I think anon meant that lolita sales comms are private so when she posts there it's only visible to other lolitas, but if she were to post it in the public fairy kei sales group it would be visible all her old neighbour's dog's cousins in law and their grannies. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't really into FB.

>> No.8238619
File: 273 KB, 300x200, The-lord-is-testing-me-gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>both my dream bags show up on CC
>aw hell yes
>log in
>whoops, now they're sold out
If only I'd woken up a few minutes later I wouldn't have had to deal with the false hope.

>> No.8238621

>shopping for a new sports bra
>store only has one I like and its a size too small
>decide to get it despite this
>go home and try it on again
>instant regret
I'am a fool.What is the best sports bra though? I'am new to this.

>> No.8238653

>con this weekend
>still trying to finish panel
>and a prop
>and I haven't even started packing
>I have work tonight

I am 100% fucked going to be sleeping on the train tonight

>> No.8238659

>>8238616
Here Target, Walmart, Dillard's, Forever 21 etc. all have ivory and white tights for spring. That's why I remarked on it, it's evrn hard to find my standard black ones right now for all the Easter leftovers and white, cream and pastel spring stuff.

>> No.8238681

>>8238659
Really? We don't have any of those stores and the ones here practically only sell black, grey, brown, navy if you're lucky in fall/winter and really garish bright colours and busy leggings in spring/summer. I wore my last pair of ivory tights to death because I couldn't find a replacement in local shops and everything I bought online turned out to be the wrong shade. When I complained to friends they laughed at me for even wanting white tights to begin with.

>> No.8238709

>>8238075
because weight loss is 80% diet 20% excercise, who the fuck doesn't know this, just because your staminas up doesn't mean you're shedding pounds
Also do more weights, just possessing more muscle means you burn more resting calories

>> No.8238730

>>8238616
Fellow Britfag? I end up resorting to eBay but then you don't get decent-quality-looking knit ones, you get those ones made out of that thin material unless you buy 120 denier.

Main problem with buying online is that nothing fucking matches.
> tfw order two pairs of tights, one white, one cream
>white is too white for my offwhite stuff
>cream is too yellow for my cream stuff

Although I did see both black and offwhite thick OTKs in a Poundland knockoff the other day, seriously contemplated buying them but I'm too lazy for DIY sock toppers because I live such a long way from anywhere with decent lace.

>> No.8238731

>>8238616
>I think anon meant that lolita sales comms are private so when she posts there it's only visible to other lolitas, but if she were to post it in the public fairy kei sales group it would be visible all her old neighbour's dog's cousins in law and their grannies.
Yup that's what I meant!

>> No.8238734

>>8238681
Well, white tights do make your legs look a lot fatter. It's not an issue in lolita because of the skirt length, but since people know that maybe they don't sell well.

I had a really tough time trying to find cream lace tights, could only find black ones.

>> No.8238737
File: 166 KB, 872x752, suicide_pikachu_by_nekoliliah-d309g77.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8238709
>implying any female is going to put on 3 pounds of muscle that fast

yeah, nah

>> No.8238739
File: 162 KB, 504x360, chibi_miku_crying_by_hyoryo-d5nw3jw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Long post is long.

>me
>want to go to Japan Expo 2014
>friends from whole France, Swiss and Belgium coming there
>there was an exhibition about Hatsune Miku
>being super fan of Miku since 2009
>ask parents
>explain the whole expo and what happens there
>they say no : "Anon it's for retards"
>run in room and cry
>stay in house the whole summer like all summers.

6 months later:
>my boyfriend goes to a smaller version of Japan Expo called JapanTours
>comes back with goodies and says it was awesome
>"There were Alpacasso and Gothic Lolita stuff like those you showed me"
>Try to not cry, Roll, Cry more

Now:
>me
>have good grades (16/20 which is equivalent to something between B+ and A)
>never ask for anything
>never buy stuff for myself
>never go out
>asks parents for Japan Expo 2015
>same result as last year
>"No, Anon. It's for retards, wigs and costumes (cosplay) are bullshit for kids and you have exams. You have to live in real life."

My exams are in June, Japan Expo is in July.. And I'm home schooled since 8 years btw.
>"real life"

>> No.8238743

>>8238731
Aha, I get it. It's a shame they are not closed, I didn't think about that. It's a shame we can't make and keep separate lolita facebook accounts if we want one without FB cracking down on it as a fake. Now that I think about it, it would be a lot easier to share lolita things more freely that way.

>> No.8238750

>>8236065
It was mostly just because one fatty got all uppity and said she was an exception and looked better than all the other typical fatties and started throwing weight numbers around instead of measurements or proof photos. Tempest in a teacup and not typical. I go by measurements and how things look.

>> No.8238756

>>8238739
How old are you that you have to ask your parents for permission? This site is 18+

>> No.8238758

>>8238739
How old are you?

>> No.8238765

>>8238743
There are some girls in my comm who have separate accounts but I think it's risky, since Facebook are known to delete cosplayers' Facebook accounts.

>>8238739
>have good grades (16/20 which is equivalent to something between B+ and A)
>never ask for anything
>never buy stuff for myself
>never go out
Sounds like me in high school, tbh, only my parents would pay for stuff as a result. Maybe it's because you're an only child? I was always able to point to my sister and how she was getting £10 every week or couple of weeks to go to the cinema or go bowling with friends or something, and how I never asked for that kind of money because I rarely went out. It got me £30 a couple of times a year.

>> No.8238766

>>8238756
If they don't have a job, even if they are an adult they probably can't go without permission because they don't have the money to go.

>> No.8238767

>>8238739
This website is +18, get the fuck out.

>> No.8238771

>>8238765
If I made one, I'd back it up every week, I don't trust them not to delete it. Though if you have a pretty normal name, some photos, a filled out profile and some photos and are active in groups, how would they know unless they are checking IP login addresses closely?

>> No.8238773

>>8238771
IP login addresses would be a bad way of telling because there are often multiple Facebook accounts in the same household, and people sharing computers. But maybe if it looks fake, like has an obviously fake name or is like [Realname's Lolita Account] or something? I've never heard of lolita accounts getting deleted but I know it happens to cosplay ones which is why people switched to fanpages.

>> No.8238784

>>8238739
>that sheltered feel
its shit
if you have friends tell them you're just sleeping over at their place.

my parents however are the type to call and check up on me or call the other parents to see whats up. if that's the case you're fucked.

>> No.8238789

>>8238756
I have a friend who's 20 and in college who regularly declines offers to go out during the holidays because his parents won't let him. This isn't going out drinking mind, this is just going to the cinema.

Then again, he's a non-confrontational beta, so maybe it's just that he doesn't want to go and is using his parents as an excuse.

>> No.8238795

>>8238739
>>8238784
Under 18's get off the board.
Janitor where are you?

>> No.8238796

>>8238789
maybe, but then a lot of betas I know are sheltered with mommy issues. mom did everything for them and shelters them tooo much.

so it very well could be his parents are weird as hell.

my beta guy friend's mom followed him to my birthday party and waited on him hand and foot. shit's weird.

>> No.8238797

>>8238795
I'm 22 personaly.
didn't attend a meetup until I moved out, my parents told me that the other lolitas would kidnap me. I can't make this shit up.

>> No.8238800

>>8238796
Yeah, I have a beta friend who's mom's super paranoid about everything giving him cancer (mobile phones, wireless Internet, about fifty thousand types of food). Him and his dad conspired to install a wireless router in the house in secret.

>> No.8238801

>>8238739
>you can't go out and have hobbies anon, you have to stay at home and have a real life at home alone with us!
Anon you sound underage but your parents sound overly protective and shelter-y, so I'd recommend you get out of there as soon as you're old enough/done with school/whatever. Also get your own income and your own bank account that they don't have access to. As soon as you're an independent adult you can weeb out all you like.

>> No.8238806

continued
>>8238508
>talk to him recently
>he's had multiple relationships and friends can confirm
>he has a date tommorow with someone I know

this shit fucking BAFFLES me.

how does this happen? Being a good person will only get you so far when you're so fat you gotta go through doors sideways.

saging for offtopic its fucking eating me up

>> No.8238820

>>8238806
Jesus, you're a cunt anon. I'm not one to say looks don't matter, because to some biological extent they do, but what you're saying is just trash. Someone saw the good in him you chose to ignore because he's overweight. That simple.

>> No.8238821

>>8238806
>this guy is really nice, super personable and has a great personality
>range of hobbies including cosplay, cooking and baking, does some exercise
>b-but he's fat why isn't he lonely and miserable!

Not everyone thinks like you anon. Some people don't find fat people as innately disgusting as you seem to find them, like his personality even if they hope he'll lose weight in the future, some people are chubby chasers.

>> No.8238824

>>8238508
Also jesus anon 300 lbs isn't even that huge (I'm not used to measurements in pounds), I thought from the way you were talking that he must be enormous but I Googled around and found some pics of 300 lb guys and they don't look planet-sized:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm136.htm

From the way you were talking you'd think he looked like this:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/agent6968/really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg

>> No.8238827

>>8238508
I kind of know what you're talking about. A female friend of mine is really morbidly obese and she's the only obese person I know, so I'm always quietly marveling at how she manages to exist in that body. I love her and don't look down on her for her size but I'm still fascinated. We recently started planning a trip together and I can't help but wonder, will she fit in the airplane seat? Do we have to buy two tickets for her? Will she fit through the security gate? Will our hotel's toilet seat hold her? What if she breaks a piece of furniture? She might as well have enormous antlers or something. It's like she's living with a big heavy prop or hoopskirt permanently attached to her body and I just can't imagine what it must be like.
Of course I'd never tell anyone this because marveling at someone like they're some kind of exotic zoo animal isn't exactly nice, but I just can't help it.

>> No.8238833

>>8238773
I may give it a try. I'm kind of glad people do not do it more often to make troll accounts but it would be nice to be able to post, buy, sell etc. with a bit more privacy, away from a main account.

>> No.8238838

>>8238824
that picture. he's heavier than that. I said at least 300+

not good at judging weight by looking, my bad

add a good 1-2 layers of chub to that guy and boom, that's my new friend.

I enjoy talking to him, hell, he's my favorite buddy to talk to right now but goddamn I am so curious.

>>8238821
>>Tumblr

>> No.8238839

>>8238827
You aren't wrong to wonder some of these things, you actually have a practical reason to think about it if you will travel together. I have an obese friend that's a bit sheltered at 19 and she wouldn't know to inquire about things like airline seats, etc. It could be awkward and unpleasantly surprising to deal with things like that unprepared as they come up suddenly.

>> No.8238841

>>8238838
You dont seem to be a very nice new friend, Anon. Other people's lives aren't meant to be your sideshow.

>> No.8238845

>>8238806
I used to date a guy who was obese. Nicest guy I'd ever met, had a great social life, has two jobs, and treated me amazingly. He's also had many girlfriends before and after me when we broke up. It's not all that shocking for someone who is obese to get friends/dates.
That whole thing of: skinny/pretty people never had to work on their personality, fat/ugly people do, I guess applies.
Don't be baffled and question it. You said he was cool so there's your answer on how he got girls.

>> No.8238847
File: 21 KB, 342x192, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've only had good cosplay feels lately.

>have huge crush on a guy in my class
>bond over vidya games
>we're both crazy about fire emblem
>finds out I cosplay
>wants to cosplay together someday
>end up accidentaly confessing after months
>he tells me not to worry
>"I like you too Anon"

>end up dating
>we've become a lot closer the last few months
>we're planning on doing a couple cosplay next con
>we're going to cosplay Lucina and Robin from fire emblem

>best friend suddenly tells me her cosplay plans have changed
>she wants to cosplay a fire emblem character too now
>slowly but surely I'm getting a fire emlem awakening cosplay group

Life is great.

>> No.8238849

>>8238833
Mm, but a blank profile or someone without friends looks really dodgy as a seller IMO, that's why I haven't created one.

>> No.8238850

>>8238838
>someone disagreed with me on 4chan!
>clearly tumblr!

>> No.8238852

>>8238827
this. this is the feel I fucking get.

its more of a mixture of love/concern as well.
I died a bit inside when he told me all he eats is greasy shit. I'm really happy to have a new friend, but I don't want him to suddenly die on me. I'm not going to ask him these rude questions about his life or tell him how to live it but I'm just sitting here in silent curiousity.

I mean, all these wonders are eating me apart so I posted on an anon imageboard and I'm actually extremely dissapointed that it turned tumblr-ey.

>>8238850
>state someone is morbidly obese and I'm curious about a lot of things
>you're just a big meanie-chan!

and that's not tumblr-like... how?

>> No.8238853

>>8238838
>>8238827
I have a buddy. Big Phil. The Immobilizer.

Phil is easily 6'11" and I honestly can't guess weights, but he's.. A big fuckin' guy. Like 4' wide from any angle.

Phil has enormous, stubby sausages taped to shovels in lieu of hands. He's also a classically trained pianist who can produce some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard. Blows my mind every time.

>> No.8238854

A few days ago I realized the bobbins I've been using were the wrong size for my machine, which is why it wasn't working properly. I've been wondering what was wrong with it for a year+ but always thought I was just using the wrong tension or something. Feels good that the issue has been resolved, but man I'm retardered.

>> No.8238858

>>8238854
You and me both anon.
>something is wrong with machine
>try everything
>its always the bobbins
every damn time. I've learned to check them first.

>>8238853
>Amazing pianist
bruhhh

>> No.8238863

>>8238737
>>8238075
You really shouldn't focus so much on your weight. It can fluctuate by around 5 lbs day to day depending on a lot of different things. If you really need to see a number you should buy a caliper and calculate your body fat percentage.

>> No.8238873

>>8238845
This may have sounded ruder than I meant. I meant to say:
Because he's obese he may have had to work harder on hobbies and peronality which is why he is so popular/friendly. It's normal to be curious as to how he can be so good at things, but try to not be harsh when you think about it. Like "Wow he's so fat and he gets dates? Lucky asshole" and so on. I get curious as to how it feels being so obese but it feels like I'm being an asshole and judging them when I think about it. As long as you're nice to him and not being mean behind his back, I think you're okay.

>> No.8238886

>>8238852
It's not the curiosity I criticized, it was your amazement that he had friends and a gf.

Leaving aside how ridiculous that accusation is when half of /cgl/ are on tumblr, I don't even have a tumblr.

>> No.8238892
File: 103 KB, 500x375, 1418156191175.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8238858
He also plays bass guitar in a pirate metal band and has a tiny black poodle named Molly who he speaks to on the phone every day when he goes on tour.

Oh, Phil, you qt.

>> No.8238949

>>8238119
I'm a gross neet so I would be unable to go out before the con and grab a pair. Like what >>8238616 >>8238681 said, ivory tights are a pain to find in normalfag stores, especially lace ones.

I ended up finding them though, in a pile of black clothing that I automatically assumed wouldn't have anything white in them.

After the con I'm definitely going to get all my stuff together and organize. I've been really stressed lately and I always end up super disorganized.

>> No.8238986
File: 24 KB, 426x382, 1393595971558.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>English grad student
>lately I've been really busy
>bf isn't in school and is working but still has hobbies
>one of them is amtgard
>(imo amtgard is kind of lame and in my experience a lot of the members take themselves way too seriously but I digress)

>find out bf likes writing new character webs and stories
>they're kind of tryhard but it's not like amtgard is some big deal anyway
>he's like 2% asian so his main is a japanese character
>he even wears hakama/geta/kimono top to field
>it's cute in an endearing "My bf is a burly weeb" way

>come home late last night from a project
>bf is working on a character web in one of his older journals
>kind of tease him a bit
>lets me look through older stuff he's written
>approach a couple pages in the middle
>bf suddenly goes ape and snatches the journal away
>"I don't want you to see this writing anon. It's shit."
>thinking maybe there's something lewd written in it
>okay bf

>bf sleeps in
>look at the journal pages this morning
>it's a character's journal
>realize it's his self-insert
>nothing too horrible about it
>just typical cliche imagination stuff
>storms at sea, destroying curses, slaying dragons, etc.
>writing is a bit underdeveloped
>mfw it's like reading someone's deactivated LiveJournal
>mfw he thought as an English grad I'd criticize the shit out of his fiction

It's kind of cute. I wish I understood his vision well enough so I could write for him. He has a bound leather book sitting here too with fancy handcrafted pages, it's blank though. I can tell he aims to write in it, though it's very obvious he's apprehensive about writing bad material in it so he hasn't started it yet. I kind of know the feeling. Once I'm done this semester I'd love to help him work on a journal project for his amtgard stuff.

>> No.8239047

>>8238986
Haha, I was actually surprised it was self-insert fic, I expected somethign lewd too.

>> No.8239067

>>8238986
To be fair, it's not just that you'd criticise its quality, but being that it's self insert, and about him, he would be more worried about you judging his own nature via judging the dopiness of the story... dunno how to say it.
But I got real upset once because I drew a really personal piece and my best friend thought the idea was really cliche. I know she was judging something else, not me, but I still felt like my character was being judged and that by judging that they're also judging who I am

>sorry I can't explain things simpler than that...

>> No.8239126

>>8238739
Your underage is showing, but I remember that feel. Being super sheltered left me extremely stunted and I still struggle with it but things get better. Hang in there lil' buddy.

>> No.8239331
File: 23 KB, 640x427, skeptical-cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm so fucking disgusted I could puke.

>working part time job
>going to school
>trying to better myself
>budgeting
>can barely afford lolita or cosplay

Meanwhile

>assholes I knew from high school
>dropouts
>on government assistance
>not going to school
>working at places like taco bell
>never budgeting
>always bitching about lack of money while getting electronics and tattoos
>many announcing new pregnancies
>want to fucking vomit because they'll just get government bux for the babies
>"We'll see you at the convention this month, anon!"
I hate them. They're such shitty human beings and of all people they don't deserve to procreate.
Maybe this is what government really wants. A society of stupid, irresponsible persons indebted to them while the educated and responsible are too busy shouldering their responsibilities and college debts to focus on ambitions of our own.

>> No.8239346

>>8239331
are you from nh?
i'm from nh and this is all my fucking friends there.

>> No.8239380

>>8239331
I don't have any friends like this. The only people I know that do this are my SO's white trash cousin and her husband from his father's side. Instead of being angry, I just like hearing about how awful their lives are because of their spending. They live in a trailer now, it's great.

>> No.8239386

>>8239346
No, ny, but close enough eh?
>>8239380
Welfare recipients aren't all that miserable.
They live very comfy, leisurely lives. Granted, they're not taking vacations to the Bahamas or eating lobster tails, but they do relatively little work and receive a great deal of help just because they popped out kids. I don't see this Taco Bell bitch struggling too damn much.

>> No.8239517
File: 1.36 MB, 1200x803, tumblr_nmer3lDSSG1qaheylo3_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm so fucking sick of the "details seen around X" posts. It's just a bunch of tacky plastic accessories. Obvious plastic flowers, plastic rings, plastic gold. It looks messy and cheap. And I'm not talking about pastel sweet.
Pic related as it's one of the few detail shots I liked.
And it's not that I want everyone to wear casual but you can wear costumey and eyecatching things that don't make you look like a 6 year old playing dressup. Wear one big statement thing or two, not 10.

>> No.8239530

When did this become bitter conservative general?

My feels:
>got new job
>new workplace has a fridge, microwave and toaster for employees' use
>last workplace didn't even have a fucking kettle or anywhere to leave a packed lunch so I was spending $30/week on lunches and drinks even just buying cheap stuff
>at this workplace I can make my own drinks and the other staff are so fucking respectful of stuff I leave in the fridge i can leave ingredients in there and then make my own sandwiches
>eating better than I was before for way, way, cheaper
>like, I can buy nice bread and a pack of smoked salmon and cream cheese and fancy sandwiches all week and it's still cheaper than what I was paying for shitty ones before
>it's fucking great and all the extra money's going back into lolita

>> No.8239557

>>8239517
I know what you mean. I want to like it since I like seeing details on brand pieces or nice handmade stuff, but a lot of it is cringe-worthy OTT crap.

>> No.8239563

>>8239530
Same here! I should start packing lunches.

>> No.8239582
File: 240 KB, 530x385, sad4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not that big a deal but it still made me sad.
>friend is having a dream costume made for her for Sakuracon
>doesn't want to cosplay alone
>I throw together matching costume from same series as fast as I can
>help convince another friend to pump out matching costume too

>day of cosplay group
>everyone recognizes them and asks for 'a picture of you two'
>neither of them make any effort to include me in the photos
>mfw if it were me being recognized and not one of them, I still would have pulled them into the photo to have all three of us in it
>fucking impossible to find photos of my costume in Sakuracon albums
>seriously reconsidering ever cosplaying with anyone so self centered ever again

>> No.8239588

>>8239563
Slightly less classy than the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, I'm currently digging pizza sandwiches.

>toast two slices of bread
>spread both with either red pesto or tomato puree
>add thinly sliced cheese to one slice
>add other ingredients, e.g. sliced mushrooms, capers, spinach leaves, bits of chilli sauce
>microwave until cheese melts

It's fucking delicious and covers multiple food groups.

>> No.8239643

>>8237762
I cosplayed a blonde with my Philippino boyfriend at the time as a blonde. We just chose more of a sandy blonde that would look good on both of us and it worked fine.

>> No.8239650

>>8239582
Sounds like you made a shitty cosplay and no one wanted to tell you

>> No.8239685

>>8239650
I got that vibe too. Either that or the other two were cosplaying popular or distinctive characters and she was cosplaying an obscure one no-one recognised.

>> No.8239714
File: 267 KB, 219x300, tumblr_m7sys37msF1rn95k2o1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw my lolita senpai followed my tumblr

>> No.8239715

>>8239650
The costume was accurate and made well enough. No Party City wig or hot glued hems or puckering or anything.
>>8239685
>cosplaying an obscure one
It was this. The obscure one was the only one I could make in time since I work a lot. I wouldn't be sad if I was cosplaying alone and no one got it. But it was kind of depressing that my friends made no effort to include me at all. Especially since I spend so much time making sure the first friend feels included in pretty much everything I do because she throws a tantrum if I don't.

>> No.8239755

>>8239331
Sounds like my family on both sides.
>many female cousins have no education post high school and are already popping out babies
>their boyfriends work shitty McJobs to support themselves + wife + baby
>constantly buying cheap crap for themselves and then begging the family for baby money
>at least one is morbidly obese because she eats like shit and then sits around complaining how she couldn't possibly work because abloobloo muh disability muh beetus (no thyroid issues or anything, she just eats three times as much as a normal person and wayyy too much sugar)
>family still somehow considers these people more successful than me, an engaged grad student with her own flat and decent income, because they gave birth before age 23
>family's not even religious or conservative, just trashy
Also, to make it /cgl/ related:
>dare to shit on me for spending my own money on lolita while they're spending all their money to make their car look even uglier and neglecting the babies they probably shouldn't have had in the first place
>naturally all the babies have really stupid names
>yes I mad

>> No.8239771
File: 992 KB, 500x377, tumblr_inline_mlu571xGJQ1qz4rgp.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Looking for a certain style of shoe everywhere
>Go to Marshalls, which I'd never been to before
>Find the cutest purse that would be perfect for a cosplay I've been meaning to redo, as well as toned down enough for everyday use
>$60
>Can't justify it to myself right now
>Forget to check brand before leaving
>I'm never going to see that beautiful bag again

>> No.8239777

>weekly medical appointments for treatment
>non-invasive, can play on phone during 30 minute treatments
>No phone signal damn
>Yay! Doctor has free WiFi
>to /cgl/ I go!
>fucking tripfag got my doctor's office permabanned from cgl
>request ban to be lifted
>request denied

Damn fucking tripfag assholes. Now I can't play on cgl during my boring treatments every week

>> No.8239845

>>8239771
Go back to Marshalls and see if it's still there?

>> No.8239875

>>8236013
This sounds like the girl I consider my best friend. I want more than anything to be able to see and talk to her more often but I always worry that I'd be bothering her or making her feel bad. I've tried making friends in my new town but I don't connect with anyone on the same level and it seems almost pointless.

Secretly I hope that this is my friend or that she'll somehow see it and know that her best friend still thinks about her every day.

>> No.8239879

>>8236086
You're probably girlier-looking than you think you are. If you feel better cosplaying girls, than cosplay girls.

(You look better because you are happy)

>> No.8239884

>>8236106
At the end of the day, it's YOUR DAY. If people don't like one another, they have to shut up and put up.

You could always have a 'close family and friends' type ceremony instead. Or even have two different ceremonies (a cheap nasty one for the assholes, a super fun fancy one for your friends.)

>> No.8239886

>>8239777
Something similar happened to me.
>go a little crazy
>get sent off to closed ward
>boring as fuck
>whatever I'll just go on 4chan
>ip of the hospital permabanned for posting CP
>request ban to be lifted
>also denied

>> No.8239893

>>8239886
>get sent off to closed ward
>go on 4chan
Think about your life and choices anon.

>> No.8239904 [DELETED] 

>>8239893
Wait why? Those places are boring af, most people just smoke and draw mandalas the whole day. I'd rather go on 4chan.

>> No.8239908

>>8239893
Those places are boring af, most people just smoke and colour mandalas the whole day. I'd rather go on 4chan.

>> No.8239913

>>8239908
>hungry as all hell
>no snack foods in the house and can't cook without waking housemates up
>4chan keeps fucking giving me picture captchas with delicious foods
>now I'm craving ramen, sushi and pizza

>> No.8239917
File: 650 KB, 517x750, 1411265942825.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gf thinking about cosplaying Ema from AA
FUCK YES
>there are no AA characters I could go as in hand with her
FUCK NO

>> No.8239927

>>8238986
> be writer
> boyfriend always bothered when I won't show him my unfinished stuff

Now I know it's because he thinks it's smut. Thanks, anon.

>> No.8239938

>>8239331
Ugh, I know that feel. I'm actually done with school (no plans for grad yet) and although I'm not above my current job, I'm sooo over it. It was fine when I was still in school and had it to pay for groceries and bills outside of rent, but under-employment is not what I want to deal with anymore, and neither do I want to see people I used to associate with being the same degenerates you're talking about. I just want to move to a different town where I don't know anyone.

>the educated and responsible are too busy shouldering their responsibilities and college debts to focus on ambitions of our own.

For real. I want an overdue vacation and to afford lolita (including going to cons and meets), but I'm not making enough to feel comfortable paying off my loans which starts in June.

I seriously hope I get hired at a second job soon. My current place keeps letting people go typically an hour before their clock out time because of high labor and low business.

>> No.8239948
File: 86 KB, 400x400, whynotboth.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8239938
Whoops. Posted too soon and dropped image.

>tfw want to pursue a career related to degree/artistically inclined career
>financial security is the bigger priority

>> No.8239950

>>8238863
Thanks anon(s). Just feeling strangely discouraged. I guess I just have to be more patient.

On the upside, my IBS is getting better under control.

>> No.8239952

>>8239331
You kinda described my sibling :/
I moved out of my parents house to go to school and have a master, get a nice job (IT) so I have to live like well, an adult by myself.
Meanwhile my bro (sort of) never passed a single exam, even the most basic one, never finished Highschool, is doing manual labor work from time to time, lives with his parents who will give him money when he wants (he barely works and can afford smoking, drinking, tatts, gas).

>mfw he's planning to go to Japan soon
>I barely have any holidays because of full time working
>Yes I'm insanely jealous

I know that in the end I'll have a nice diploma doing my dream job but it's hard, especially since I broke up with my ex and went from being confortable to basically poor.

>> No.8239957

>>8238739
>My exams are in June, Japan Expo is in July.. And I'm home schooled since 8 years btw.

I was homeschooled for 8 years and now look at me

A gross 21-year-old NEET

>> No.8239959

>>8238207
He's picked a couple of characters out that he'd like to cosplay, but they're both couple costumes with me. He doesn't seem interested in cosplaying the day I'm with my group, I think maybe he'd be a bit shy about it.

Thank you anon, this advice was really useful! I think I was worrying over nothing, he'll definitely have stuff to talk about with my friends.

>> No.8239973

>>8238801

Anon is home schooled, of course her parents would over fucking shelter her.

I have never, ever seen a homeschooled person who didn't come out fucked up in some way. I consider myself sheltered as fuck, but even being at school and extracurricular made me wise up somewhat to the world by the time I got to college. Homeschooled kids are fucked from the start because of the utter lack of social interaction they have. Anon might even be 18 (e.g. last year of high school), but not being allowed outside at all may have stunted her quite a bit.

>>8238739

Bruh there is no way you're going to fit in with 'real life.' Sorry to break this to you now, but maybe you can start making small steps towards being able to become independent.

>> No.8240029

>>8239917
What about Klavier Gavin? They had quite a few interactions with one another. Hobowright or Apollo would be fine too.

>> No.8240193
File: 80 KB, 500x450, 1403058567401.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was working on some cosplay today but I fucking broke shit and stuff ended up being all wrong and I've stopped for the night because it's late but the fact I fucked up and left one of the things broken is killing me. When I fail making something in cosplay it annoys me for the rest of the night and makes me restless and I hate it. I know I'll be able to calmly reapproach the stuff that went wrong and redo it tomorrow but I know I'll be having dreams about it tonight.

I also visited my doctor today to get a prescription and she pointed out how much fatter I've gotten recently and now I feel like shit.

>> No.8240207

>>8239886
Yeah, my doctor's office ban was a tripfag for "evading ban".

If you read this: "And then I was a Bear", I hate you for getting my doctor's office banned

>> No.8240234

>no fat lolita friends
>no lolita friends in general
>barely any friends actually.

I have one friend (bff) I rarely get to see these days, and I have my boyfriend and I literally hang out with no one else. Me and my bff dont share a huge amount interests, but i still love her to pieces. My boyfriend is wonderful but often tunes out if I ever talk about things that arent really interesting to him (lolita, art, cosplay, etc.)

I just kind of wish I could form a friendship with someone over similar interests.

>> No.8240240

>>8239917
I cosplay Lana. She's one of my favorites and every time I see an Ema their whole face lights up. If you're a guy, maybe Edgeworth?

>> No.8240563
File: 2.00 MB, 391x244, 1413705013602.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>working
>feel an awful pain in my side, moving or breathing hurts like fuck
>go home and call an ambulance
>get to the hospital, be told that my pancreas is inflamed and that I need to go on a diet for the next month to let it calm down
>stick to a diet
>end up eating 900 - 1200 calories per day
>lose an inch from my waist in less than a week
I'm really happy about the weight loss, but I fear that I'm going to develop a problem with my eating habits considering I'm happy having ~900 calories per day. I'm 5'6 but really sedentary but still can't imagine this being healthy.

>> No.8240574

>>8240563
900 a day isn't ideal, anon. I'm a head shorter than you and I've been doing 1,000/day to lose a few lbs. Just eat when you're hungry, mind your portions, and stick to the list of foods that your doctor recommended. And stay the hell away from MPA.

>> No.8240697

>>8239959
I'm glad I helped! I'm sure he's shy about it now but I bet he'll really want to get into cosplay after going to a con, I think that happens after everyone's first con.

>> No.8240720

>>8240574
>eat when you're hungry
You need to be careful when you do this because you can get hungry when you're thirsty or bored.

>> No.8240725
File: 228 KB, 500x311, giphy[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>unshirred OP I really like is on sale
>double check lolibrary measurements
>waist is fine, bust cutting it pretty dang close
>fuck it, order anyways
>item arrives, tries on with some trepidation
>some difficulty zipping up
>waist hits me at ribcage instead of natural waist and is digging into me like a landwhale digging into a box of twinkies
>bust fits perfectly fine
>mfw

On the bright side, I have a new weight loss goal dress and now know that I'm almost not-fat enough to wear unshirred VM.

>> No.8240729

>>8240720
welcome to how i got to be 50lbs overweight. eating while bored is super dangerous.

>> No.8240731

>>8236106
If I were you, I'd throw my hands up, give everyone a big "fuck you, you can't get along so I'm not dealing with it" and then have a small ceremony with a few friends and REALLY close relatives.

>> No.8240737
File: 78 KB, 550x520, nah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be black
>i'll never be kawaii

Pastel colors look awful with my skin tone. Plus, I'm not cute in the slightest so

>> No.8240739

>>8240737
>be mature looking white girl
>my kawaii days are far behind me
>skintone looks shit with my favorite colors
fuck it all. lets be fugly and not-kawaii together.

>> No.8240740

>>8240563
Maybe once you get the all clear to increase your calorie count, you can talk to a nutritionist so they can help you build a good diet plan. I find it easier to work with guidelines rather then just completely self regulated.

>> No.8240745
File: 111 KB, 455x810, tumblr_nmbezjop3v1qecngho1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8240737
I always thought pastels looked really nice on black girls, regardless of their skin tone. They always seem to pull it off better than most other lolitas.

>> No.8240757

>>8240745
Likely because they don't get ridiculously washed out like white girls do. Gosh, she looks adorable.

>> No.8240827

>get a project binge on
>work six or seven hours straight
>step back after a short break
>work area is a mess
>barely made a dent in the project
>realise this is going to take a month or more to complete compared to projection of a week
>feel like crying, but just clean up for the day instead

>> No.8240852

>white girls look gorgeous in jewel tones and dark colours
>black girls look gorgeous in pastels
>tfw i'm a tan asian with small eyes, and all the colours just make me look yellow/orange af

why live

>> No.8240856

>>8240563
I can assure you that inch around your waist is not fat.

>> No.8240865

>>8240856
it honestly could even have been inflamed/swollen pancreas

>> No.8240886

>excessively wear flower prints, friend starts buying flower prints, ok maybe its just me
>friend then buys similar accessories to what I own

there are a few other details but i cannot help but think i am being copied and it irks me

>> No.8240906

>>8240886
can you talk to your friend about it? she may not even admit to it, but at she'll know you're aware of it and maybe tone it down
or maybe you'll falsely accuse her and she'll stop being your friend, idk, is she sensitive?

i had a friend who used to copy me heaps in 4th and 5th grades, but every time i confronted her about it she'd deny it. we're still friends 10 years later, but she once told me she only copied me because she thought i was cool and wanted to be like me
>awwww

>> No.8241105

>>8239886
>school WiFi permabanned for posting cp
>fiance's apartment complex WiFi also permabanned for posting cp
>jesus christ

We sometimes joke about how it must be the same guy.

>> No.8241158

>order Carousel Theater JSK from LIEF in SM last year
>boobloaf due to 97 cm bust and broad gymnast shoulders
>order Veryberries OP in L for it to fit better
>feel like wearing a sack of potatoes because the bust and waist measurements are obesechan-huge

I love this print and spring is coming, so I'd love to wear this OP again but the damn measurements... I wish there was an M alternative to all busty but not fat lolitas out there. But such is life.

>> No.8241185

>Be on emotional roller coaster
>High highs and really low lows
>Lolita is basically one of the few things that makes me smile these days

Last weekend was seriously like a perma-high. I was so happy. And then this week at work was just so stressful, and I'm dealing with a dying pet and just...ugh. I wanna prowl Y!J auctions to feel less dead inside, anons...

>> No.8241210

>>8240731
>only invite relatives that don't have vendettas
>also not homophobic
>also know I wear lolita and not assholes about it
>less than a dozen people will get invited, less if I also discount "people who aren't assholes but I haven't seen in years"
>sounds brilliantly un-stressful until I realise all the assholes I didn't invite will then have vendettas against me and complain about not being invited forever

>> No.8241212

>>8240745
Yeah, I've thought this. It won't be the fact you're dark that's making you look bad in pastels, it'll be your undertone. IMHO slightly tan is the worst shade for pastels (my shade) - dark and super pale both pull it off well.

>> No.8241217

>>8240852
Well lolita is from Japan and they manage to give no fucks, right? But iktf.

>> No.8241230

>>8241210
You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>I got married. We decide just to have Vegas wedding because husband's family is huge. No family at all. People complain because they weren't invited.
It was kind of the point. If people Bitch, we point out that no family went at all.
>Husband's cousin gets married. They saved up for a long time. Had the nice traditional church wedding. Held the reception in their decently sized yard. People still complained because they didn't drop extra money on a bigger place for their reception so the kids could have a play area.

Anon needs to just do what will make them happy and not stress out from a bunch of petty, homophobic bullshit.

>> No.8241235

>>8235950
I'm looking to remove a few 'beauty marks' from my face. One is slightly raised but the others are flat and it's so frustrating because different people have completely different attitudes towards it, and I need them gone because they're a bother when I'm shaving.
>Noooo, don't touch it! It'll leave a scar and you'll make it worse!
>Nooo, they look cute! Leave them!
When I ask about laser removal most say it's perfectly fine but there's some weird mental gymnastics going on over if it's okay to remove them if they aren't cancerous (which they aren't).
>You can only remove them if they're malignant! Otherwise leave them alone, they may become malignant when you remove them!
Like what the fuck kind of logic is that?
Others however say it's fine to remove them but as they're level with skin you can only do it surgically or with lasers, and when I go to different clinics to ask around most of them only ever mention the big raised moles and no one ever addresses these.

Doesn't help that in my country, removal of one of them (by a laser) is over €450 because of taxes and jewry while in a neighbouring country laser removal of moles/birthmarks is €40 each.

I'm kind of peeved that everyone runs their mouth without knowing anything for sure, and most doctors I've visited pretend that surgical removal is the only way to go and keep telling me 'but they're cute'. I don't fucking care, I hate them and I want them gone.
Doesn't help that I look like a bitchy French courtesan in Lolita thanks to them.

>> No.8241241

>>8239884
>At the end of the day, it's YOUR DAY.
shhh don't tell that to the fedora police, having a wedding to your tastes is selfish and shameful according to them!

>> No.8241246

>>8241235
Bitchy French courtesan is a great look. Why not take a holiday to neighbouring country, paying for the hotel and stuff with the money you save by not paying 450 for removal?

>> No.8241253

>every con I attend I get sick
>missed a shitty local one last month because sick
>con this weekend
>fancy that! Sick the night before

Every time. I've had to ditch cosplays to ensure I don't screw my health anymore.

>> No.8241259

>>8241246
That was actually the plan, but it's a bitch to research due to the language barrier and shitty translations make most of their clinics' web presentations look incredibly shifty. I'll probably end up shooting them all an email to ask, but the clinics in my country are just rude as fuck with their demands.
>€450 plus €15 fee plus €80 for a histological examination - for one mole, 24% VAT not included
Yeah nah

>> No.8241266
File: 19 KB, 400x342, fuckingwut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8239331
I have a "friend" like this. She's super pathetic. The religious type who's cheated, doesn't work to improve herself or the community, but thinks god is on her side to birth tons of spawn. She can't afford children because her and her fiance both work minimum wage service jobs, but gubment will help them. She learned that from her mom who raised her the same way.

It wouldn't bother me so bad if I didn't think she was such an attention whore. She already has one kid by a different man and recently announced she's having another with her current boy that she got engaged to after only a year.
She's extra preachy about the new pregnancy (even posted the positive pregnancy test) because she claims to have had a miscarriage a year ago (positive test picture was strangely absent that time...) and had been trying. So this is god's work finally blessing her. Though I'm convinced she's still an idiot for trying for pregnancy but not finding out she was pregnant until nearly 7 weeks.

I fear for the first child because she's the Munchausen type, and I'm not exaggerating.
As far back as I've known her she's had a history of "accidents" for attention, like falling down stairs or displaying nasty bruises. A year and a half ago she lied on her facebook saying someone had "mugged" her of her engagement ring while out for a jog. A police report later confirmed that she had fabricated the story, there was no mugger, and that she had a psychological evaluation.

Recently her first child had been experiencing some pretty weird health situations. She posted a picture of him in the ER after reporting pain, and then another post about him developing some sort of skin infection that she says happened from not washing his ears properly. I think there was one status about him hitting his head, which she chalked up to him "just being a kid." Strangely, after this pregnancy announcement his carelessness seems to have dissipated...

>> No.8241276

>>8241235
Claim you are doing it as a prophylactic. Maybe they will be more accepting then

>> No.8241282

>>8241266
Oh I also forgot to mention her hospital visits aplenty for various asthma attacks and other medical emergencies which turned out to be nothing major.

Anyway, I didn't want this to be a TL;DR but I have to pretty much bite my tongue about this unless I rant to my boyfriend or parents. She's really manipulative, as in she acts outwardly nice and religious but deep down is a user, so it's really hard to criticize her publicly without people thinking I'm attacking an innocent lamb who dindu nuffin.

I got sick of her shit about two years ago when I realized she only ever hung out with me because I had a car and went to college that had nice boys than what the ghetto had to offer (so I could "take her to Starbucks so she could hit on them"). I told her off, she wrote a bunch of passive-aggressive statuses on facebook about me, made herself to be the victim, and since I had never bitched about the user problems before our circle thought I was just being a bitch and didn't have justification.

I womaned up and apologized, because I also realize she's a product of her environment and she may be legitimately fucked up. However, we're clearly not close anymore. I don't even think I'll be invited to her potluck wedding. Not that it would be anything great either, she's asking people for money since she wants a vacation and not a registry.

/bitter blog post about a cunt

>> No.8241339

>>8238806
You sound like quite the superficial bitch.

>> No.8241360

>Really into lolita and otome
>Shows bf pics of dresses I like all the time
>He always replies with how hideous they are
>Ask him to stop shitting on what I like
>"you shit on my music tastes all the time, it's kinda fair"
>I still put up with his music if we listen together and explain what I don't like about things rather than saying it's bad in general
>Ask him to do the same about dresses
>"they're just ugly all over for me"
>Can't talk to him about new dress releases or what I bought
>End up talking to my ex in great detail about lolita
>He's super nice and eager to help me look at dress listings and give advice
>Feels really uncomfortable almost like he shouldn't be so happy to help

I'd never cheat on my bf and my ex knows that and doesn't want me anyway, but it feels so weird to talk to my ex about my hobbies instead of my bf.
Having a non-fashionable bf is the worst

>> No.8241364

>>8241360
please kill youself.

>> No.8241369

>>8241360
You're doing this all disproportionately.
Shit for shit, anon. Don't trash his music taste, trash on his clothes instead. Make him feel inadequate for what he wears, next time he wears anything less than appealing ask him why he's dressing so lazily or ugly. Or if he wears the same style all the time tell him that he's boring all around.
Disagreeing with his musical tastes while he's calling your dresses, a major hobby of yours (not to mention identity), ugly is absolutely not equal.

I don't have a real solution for you, all I know is I couldn't date someone who was so casual about making me feel like shit about something I really love.

>> No.8241372

>>8241369
you kill yourself too.

>> No.8241390

>>8241360
I understand what you mean anon. Also, don't listen to >>8241369, being in a relationship isn't about scoring points or getting even when your other half says something unsatisfactory.

I'm a guy and tried to include an ex-GF in vidya as much as I could since it's a big hobby of mine, but she never listened to what I had to say and wrote all of it off as childish, yet I'd listen intently, ask questions and show a genuine interest when she tried to share her passion of photography with me, which I knew next to nothing about at the time.

He does sound like he's being an ass about it though. A real shame, I think lolita is pretty good, though I think some styles are much better than others. I don't really dig sweet but classic is lovely.

>> No.8241409

>>8241369
>>8241390

I don't go out of my way to shit on his music tastes, just saying "I hate this singer, his voice annoys me so much" and "I don't like this type of music". It's not like I've said "This is the worst song, you have shit taste".

He's just really blunt whenever he says stuff and doesn't think twice if he should word something different to lesson the blow. English isn't his first language so he does tend to say things without realizing that he said it harshly. But still, if I try to explain that he should lie a little instead of immiedately saying something is ugly, he gets annoyed and doesn't understand why he should lie about something.

>> No.8241419

>>8241409
You sound really immature. It also seems like you're taking what he says too harshly. I doubt you're being as nice as you say, and I doubt he's being as malicious as you think, given what you said about him. Maybe you should try growing up a little. Also, he shouldn't have to lie, not being as harsh isn't lying, don't be an idiot.

>> No.8241427

>>8241409
Maybe it's a culture thing? Where is he from originally? I know places in Europe anyway can widely differ when it comes to people's attitudes, anyway. Germans can be blunt as fuck.

>> No.8241444

>>8241427
He's Austrian.

>>8241419
"lying a little" as in "Instead of straight up saying it's ugly and a huge waste of money, can you say 'oh that's cute I guess' or literally anything else other than 'that's really ugly, why did you waste your money on that crap'." I'm not as big of a childish asshole as that post comes across, and he isn't going out of his way to be malicious, he just really doesn't understand lolita and thinks everything is disgusting and doesn't hide the fact he dislikes it so much.

>> No.8241456

>>8241444
>'that's really ugly, why did you waste your money on that crap'

Well I don't really think it's a culture/language barrier issue if he's saying stuff like that, he's just being an ass. Fair enough if those are his honest thoughts on lolita but there's also a thing called being considerate towards people you care about and the stuff they love.

What attracted you to him in the first place?

>> No.8241459

>>8241444
I think you should see someone else then, honestly. I fucking hate girls like you who want to be babied and can't handle when their bfs actually are honest with them. Do you really think saying 'this singer sucks' is different than him saying 'this dress sucks'? It's not. He's not obligated to like everything you like, and he's not obligated to lie to you to protect your feefees either.

And you, you need to either just say fuck it and wear what you want for yourself rather than trying to make him happy, be your own person. He doesn't like it, but he still also does thinks that you don't like. That's how people work, you're not gonna find someone who is 100% with you on everything, even important things. But damn, you sound bitter.

>> No.8241465

>>8241444
>he's Austrian
From what I've witnessed Austrians can get quite rude. A lot of people working in public areas I've talked to in Vienna were anywhere from indifferent to turbocunts.

>> No.8241473

>>8241459
My feefees are fine, it's not like I'm over here sobbing about him calling my dresses ugly, I'm just disappointed he is so blunt about it. I don't want to be babied, actually. I just wanted to show him things that I like to wear, and something that I enjoy, to include him more in my life rather than hiding it away and leaving him in the dark when I go to meets and hang out with people all the time. I do end up wearing what I like, it's not like I need him to give me permission or a once over before I leave the house to make sure I'm appropriate for wherever I'm going.

>> No.8241482

>>8241230
Guess you just can't win with some relatives.

>>8241253
Ahh, this happened to me a bunch last year. I've never got con flu, but I have got flu before cons a bunch of times.

>>8241369
Solid 4chan-tier advice there, but I kinda agree with her points. Your bf may feel criticized when you diss his music taste, but strangers he meets don't know anything about his music taste. Whereas when he disses what you wear and says it's just unrelentingly ugly, is saying that every other person who sees you in it must also think you're hideous and ugly.

>> No.8241550

>summer is finally happening
>I thought this would make me want to wear lolita more, since it's not at sticky-hot levels yet
>just makes me want to wear casual clothes

I think I got too used to wearing coats over my lolita outfits...I'm actually kind of shy about travelling to a meetup in lolita without one.

>> No.8241555

>>8241550
What about a super thin cardigan? A cute lace one would probaby work.

>> No.8241588

>>8241555
But it doesn't cover up my bright coord in the way a full-length coat does...

Also doesn't help that in summer, I feel more like wearing sweeter clothes, and they definitely grab more attention. I'm probably being a wuss about it, but I have to get public transport to meets and I live nearly an hour and a half away from where most of my comm's are held.

>> No.8241593

>>8241550
Man I never know how to dress for summer. My country is permacold and a nice sunny day can turn into Christmas in July any time. Especially in the spring.

>> No.8241607

>>8241550
Wear a really thin material one? Like parka material. It's honestly more embarrassing to be seen sweating in a winter coat then dressed in pastel sweet.

>> No.8241654

>work out what my ideal wardrobe would consist of
>not counting ridiculously expensive and rare dream dresses that I want multiple colourways of, just what substyles and generic items and outfits I'd like to be included
>because hey I'd probably be happy with just 4 or 5 expensive brand prints and could sell and buy new ones when I get bored, what's more important to me is being able to have a variety of outfits to choose from in X substyle and a bunch in Y substyle and maybe one or two in Z substyle
>spent over $2000 on lolita already and got maybe a fifth of what I need
>add up how much I think I can get all the rest of my ideal items
>maybe $7000
>with my current rate of disposable income I could have it all by 23
>not sure whether to be happy that I started lolita relatively young (even though in the two or three years up to now I've not been able to afford many pieces) and will still be young-looking when I've got a wide-ranging wardrobe
>or sad because by that time I'll be out of university and into a job where I won't be able to wear lolita anyway
>or guilty because that's a lot of money and I should probably save it for a car or something

>> No.8241663

>>8240029
I'm not nearly hot enough for any of those characters. Maybe I should just do the blue police mascot.

>> No.8241674

>>8241593
Same here, in normalfag clothing you can have a jacket and tie it round your waist when it gets hot, but it's hard to know what to do with shed layers in lolita, especially when a lot of lolita bags are so small.

>> No.8241963

I have started to depersonalize really hard lately and it's honestly terrifying. Interacting with people is nearly impossible so I've cut contact with everyone I know. My girlfriend messaged me because my friends actually thought I had died (I've been suicidal for a long time) but I can't feel any guilt over making them worry which is very unlike me.
I mentioned this to my therapist and she just said it can be a depression symptom but I've been depressed since my early teens (mid-twenties now) and I've never felt like this before.
Don't really know where to go from here, guess I'm just hoping it will pass on its own.

>> No.8242069

> tfw all of your friends have experienced abuse
> if not that, it's shitty home situations or a combination of both
> tfw lived a decently cozy life myself so far

I feel horrible. I feel like I have no right to complain and that I can't be a good friend to them because there's no way I can share in those feelings. I want to reach out properly but I'm afraid it'll just come off as pretentious since I never had to deal with any of those things.

Sorry for the off-topic post

>> No.8242075

>>8241593
Wear cardigan and when you take it off, tie it around your bag shoulder strap? That's what I do in normalfag fashion. I'm rarely too hot/cold in lolita though, I stick to woven cotton and it stays in the middle of temperatures.

>> No.8242080

>>8241241
I meant your in the plural, like 'you and your marriage buddy'. Obviously it's wrong to exclude your partner and disregard their feelings about how the wedding should go.

The same courtesy doesn't extend to mean family members who see 'your day' as another episode in their soap opera of a family.

>> No.8242120

>>8242069
Abuse & shit family survival here to tell you not to feel badly for not having maximum shittiness to your life. I can't say that they will respond well because I don't know them but if they meantion it just be sympathetic. There's nothing wrong with "I'm so sorry that happened" and "I wish there was more I could do" but most of the time we just want to feel normal so we need normal friends

Sage for OT

>> No.8242171

>>8241963
That's not what 'depersonalise' means. Depersonalisation is a form of a panic attack caused by anxiety and feels somewhat like an out of body experience. You're thinking of emotional detachment.

>> No.8242188

>>8242171
Yes that is what I'm feeling, I just didn't specify. I know what I'm talking about.

>> No.8242190
File: 213 KB, 400x799, 1411764702156.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8235950
Got my first petticoat.

>> No.8242192

>so maybe you can borrow from her?
>no can do
>why you cant be that fat
>im 6'5
>oh
giraffe.jpg

>> No.8242194

>>8236013
london?

>> No.8242198

>tfw gained a few pounds
>already eat barely anything
>hurt leg, can't even exercise for a week or two at least
>cutting out dinner entirely

I don't know why I have to starve myself just to stay thin. I think there's something wrong with my stupid body. I eat primarily protein, vegetables, and oatz already, and itty bitty portions at that. Fucking fat thighs.

I'm also tired and dizzy all the time and it's pissing me off. Why is my body so fat and weak and useless? I really do push myself physically, but it's never enough. My only saving grace is an hourglass and dresses that hide my thighs. When I'm sitting in a chair, they're so fat at the top that they look triangular.

>>8236013
>70% of my time completely alone.

Casual. 95% master race.

Start /out/ing. Sounds like you live in a great place for it. I wish I lived around fewer cocksucking normalfag shits loitering at every corner. I'm in university so it can't be helped for now, but I hate every single one of them and wish a school shooter would show up to save me.

If you hate it so much, move. You can do it. Well, the only way I was able to move was by going to university on loans. You can go for a two year tech training and it'll be good and get you out and on a new path. I went for a four year because I'm a masochist and hate life.

>> No.8242203

>>8242188
Clearly not.

>> No.8242204

>>8236382

Can I just say?

>start playing otome games
>MC is a cringy dumbass, useless, stupid, clutzy, and does stupid shit constantly
>homely and flatchested
>hot guys throwing themselves at her feet
>same shit in second one

Maybe I'm not cut out for this. It's like beta MC haremshit but with reversed genders. Maybe that's the point and I'm just stupid.

>> No.8242206

>>8242203
Well thanks for the help you stupid fucking cunt

>> No.8242208

>>8242204
>MC is a cringy dumbass, useless, stupid, clutzy, and does stupid shit constantly

Jup that's pretty much every otome MC. Which one are you playing? Compared to other VN's there aren't that many otome games.

>> No.8242211

>>8236013
Are you studying anywhere?
I've met so many nice people at uni. Used to be forever lonely and friendless but everyone's been so friendly and nice that I've managed to make so many friends quickly.
Though at first you may likely be overly chatty and enthusiastic, to a point of seeming weird, but eventually you'll calm down.

>> No.8242215

>>8242206
Anytime, friend. Suck it up.

>> No.8242217

>>8242204
>hot guys can't like you if you're flatchested
mhm

>> No.8242226

>>8242215
Suck up what? THat you're a fucking cum-guzzling asswaffle? How the fuck do you think that you can ~diagnose me when I didn't at all describe what I'm feeling? Seriously fuck you.

>> No.8242229
File: 51 KB, 500x500, 0073554160810_AV1_500X500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242226
Don't be mad, anon.

>> No.8242230

>>8242226
Nobody's diagnosing you, you just used the wrong term. Lel calm your tits.

>> No.8242237

>>8242208

Wizardess Heart+ from Let's Date (basically Harry Potter but otome...I want to date the Severus Snape ripoff but he's not an option). Tried Nicole but it was same problem with the MC, the guys were all rapist-y, and they had excessive dumblr references that made me want to roll around on the floor.

I wasn't expecting hardcore /lit/, but it's hard to suffer through this shit.

>>8242217

Not that, just who really constantly worries about their tits?

>>8242226

Calm your tits.

>> No.8242246

>>8241266
sounds like my friend's sister, eerily so, except for the possible munchausen. hope the kid is ok.

>> No.8242250

>>8242226
Welcome to the NHK , anon.

>> No.8242259

>>8242237
>google game
>character: Klaus Goldstein
>Goldstein
RED FLAG

>> No.8242262

>>8242237
The only otome games I can think of without a useless dumbass MC are the Kuni no Alice series and Hatoful Boyfriend. I enjoyed them both a lot, so give them a shot.

>> No.8242283

>>8242230
I'm sorry you got repeatedly dropped on the head and therefore can't understand that I left out the part about how I'm actually feeling and now are telling me that I am wrong based on absolutely nothing.

I just came to this dumb fucking thread to vent jesus fucking christ.

>> No.8242309

>>8242259

>mfw this was my thought seeing his name

He's aryan, though, so it's good. Look at that brilliant gold hair. But no, my guess is that nips don't know anything about European-Semitic languages and just picked western sounding names at random that they may have heard somewhere.

>>8242262

Thank you for the recs! I tried searching for Hatoful Boyfriend with my phone but I guess it isn't for android. I'll get the demo for windows.

>> No.8242316
File: 37 KB, 267x400, 1428023240560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242283

>> No.8242320

>>8242283
You forgot to add the part about your explosive autist hostility problem to your first post. Might want to get that looked at too.

>> No.8242390

>mfw what do you call a male seagull?

Are we all seagulls? I have been to sacred to ask because people are so hostile in here, at the same time I love it.

>> No.8242420

>>8242390
You're still a seagull.

>> No.8242442

>>8242198
Anon, your first priority should be to eat a normal healthy diet with correct portions. That will eliminate feeling tired and dizzy all the time and allow you to exercise normally. Your body is probably trying to hold onto all the fat you can because you're starving yourself.

>> No.8242478

Anyone else here scared of exercising outside because you don't want people to see you sweating etc?

>tfw want to jog so so bad bug keeping myself from it

>> No.8242500
File: 75 KB, 640x412, welp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8238986
>be me, former weeb and wannabe manga artist
>have long since buried my weeby aspirations and habits, but keep my deviantart account around, mostly cuz I'm too lazy to delete it and I don't use it anymore anyways.
>Currently dating a new guy
>Really like the guy, and feel very comfortable talking with him about anything.
>He has fanboy-tendencies, and he knows I have weeby interests like lolita and certain animes.
>We start talking one night about deviantart and the terribad animu art on there.
>I mention that I had a deviant account.
>Bf wants to see it.
>After much prodding, I give him my username.
>I figure he'll see its a bunch of weeby drawings, then leave it at that.
>nope
>"NARUTO YAOI. ANON, OH MY!"
>"IS THIS AN OC?!"
>"DID YOU WRITE THIS COMIC?!"
>why i do dis?

>> No.8242513

>>8242478
Yup. That's why I trail run.

>> No.8242516

>>8242500
>dating bf of 5 years
>am a stealth fujoshit and have been since my teens
>one day bf says: 'anon, why do you always hide your mobile when I come into the room? Are you hiding something?'
>n-no of course not hehe
>he gets more suspicious and visibly worried as time passes
>decide to bite the bullet and show him
>one day leave my mobile on the bed opened and unlocked while I was showering, on purpose
>bf of course walks in
>sees my gay slash fanfiction
>starts laughing his tits off
>I come out and he says he fucking hates me and kisses me
>wouldnt let me live it down for the next month
Well at least he doesn't ask me about it anymore

>> No.8242524

>>8242420
Can I be a fabri/cGl/adiator

>> No.8242525

>>8242524
No
Sit down

>> No.8242608

>>8235950
I'm seriously considering never ever ordering from AP again...
Every time a new release comes out it's the same. I get up in the middle of the fucking night, put the dress in my basket, while I'm in the middle of the payment process "oops, sold out!". WHY????
Do I really have to pay a fucking shopping service each time I want a new release? I thought I had a decent chance with Cherry Maguerite, how the fuck is it that popular?

>> No.8242640

>>8238797
This is way too funny.

>> No.8242641

I really like wearing my lolita outfits now, I always get compliments from my hairdressers and girls/women here seem to like it for the most part.

Though I haven't really gone out in pastels and louder prints yet. All toned down/"casual" gothic and classic dresses in dark colourways.
Makes me feel qt even though most of my outfits would probably be considered boring.

>> No.8242652

>>8241217
do lolitas from japan whiten their skin in pictures or something? or are they mostly just that pale

>>8242641
i find that people around my area just give me dubious looks (i live in an asian infested suburban area) but a lot of white passersby in the city will often compliment my outfits / accessories
it's great that you like wearing lolita!

>> No.8242667

>>8242652
My area is very Asian-centric too, especially in a few certain areas. It seems to be about 50/50 some of the Asian girls don't know what it is but think it's cute, and then the rest either ignore/don't care though I did have one girl take my picture "secretly" which pissed me off so I pretended to take hers.

I feel bad for some of the girls in my comm who get creepers commenting on them.

>> No.8242749

>>8239346
lord, i'm from NH and this sounds like everyone i went to high school with as well lmao

>> No.8242784
File: 19 KB, 384x511, jiiii.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>going to ACEN
>no fancy gown for the Ball
>could buy/make a fancy gown, but would probably regret it when everyone else looks like shit and the event is mismanaged or canceled altogether

I could just wear the coord I have going on for the rest of the time but that seems to defeat the purpose of a fancy ball.

>> No.8242791

>>8242198
try cutting out the carbs girl, see what a diet of 10-20% carbs does for a month or two. It did the trick for me and I had the exact same problem.

>> No.8242796

>Go to /cgl/ for the first time as a male cosplayer, actively putting time, money and effort into everything that I put forth and accomplish when it comes to cosplay
>Post my pictures, some people say it's good
>A strange amount of women barge into the thread and overpower me telling me that guys shouldn't be on /cgl/ and that it's a place for women to show off their cosplays and to allegedly get attention
>Find out it's a popularity contest ran by Tumblr-tier feminists and feminist-polisitve women who actually have the gall to spew SJWism all over this board and turning it into a Tumblr Jr. club
>Give up on posting anything anymore

>> No.8242802

>>8242796
> baito

>> No.8242807

>>8242802
>Anything that goes against my narrative is bait
You can either talk about the issue maturely or spew maymays and be told to fuck off.

>> No.8242811

>>8242796
/cgl/ is indeed shit these days, the point of no return was the PLS NO BULLY OR DRAMA rule which was zealously enforced a while back. I only pop in time to time for specific threads.

That said, stop being a whiny cunt. Anyone who's opinion matters has no problem with male cosplayers as long as they aren't shitposting or whoring for whiteknightesses. If people would just ignore and sage the tumblrs until they get the message and go away things would improve.

>> No.8242813
File: 225 KB, 373x327, carefuldontcutyourself.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242198
>I hate every single one of them and wish a school shooter would show up to save me
You sure you're in university and not 9th grade?

>> No.8242820

>>8242811
>Anyone who's opinion matters has no problem with male cosplayers as long as they aren't shitposting or whoring for whiteknightesses.
For the record, I was just showcasing some wings that I'd made and some other costume parts. Nothing more, I just wanted some diverse opinions on the objects at hand.
I did ignore them, I left my own thread to avoid drama or conflict initiated by them in the first place.

>> No.8242836

>>8242198
>I wish I lived around fewer cocksucking normalfag shits loitering at every corner. I'm in university so it can't be helped for now, but I hate every single one of them and wish a school shooter would show up to save me.
First thing's first.
Lose that fucking edge you got there and go back to /r9k/. Every single person who goes "hurr fucking normalfag" is a special snowflake. Incredible.

>> No.8242840

>>8242820
I find it hard to believe you wouldn't get cosplay related replies, bitches here love to critique that shit even if they are harsh. I've no doubt some cunts hijacked your thread and you might have also be baited and reverse trolled but getting rustled by it is playing into it.

If you can't tolerate the 99% shit for the 1% of quality posts, /cgl/ and most of 4chan is probably not good for you. Granted /cgl/s brand of shit is particularly cancerous which is why I frequent it like I would a graveyard.

>> No.8242844

>>8242802
baito? like a part time job? or do you mean beito, like bait. cause that's not what you said.

>> No.8242845

>>8242840
>I find it hard to believe you wouldn't get cosplay related replies
I did get cosplay-related replies up until the point a couple of snide bitches came into the thread and started ranting and bitching and raving and shouting down my replies with Tumblr-tier horseshit. I used to get good advice all the time, and not all of /cgl/ is shit. But that's the major reason I stopped coming here. Because, genuine or not, the Tumblrshit needs to die down a bit. When I was told this was a "legitimate safe space for women interested in cosplay," I had a bit of a laugh until it was shown they were serious. Then I just bolted.

>> No.8242862

>>8242845
>legitimate safe space for women interested in cosplay

I know its far from an excuse, but a lot of that is a kneejerk response to every other board on 4chan being a "No Girls Allowed" club. /cgl/ is one of the few boards were you can openly imply or assume someone is female without the mandatory btw imma gril :^) response

Yeah its still bullshit cancer for tumblrinas to ruin an otherwise decent board, but its not a scratch to see why girls would hate guys getting their precious attention on the one board where they are allowed to get it without flashing their minge

>> No.8242874

>>8242862
They need to get the fuck over it. I'll keep the rant short and just say it's obvious even to this day that most people here cosplay for attention, so naturally that would appeal to the Tumblr crowd.
They're choking this board and maybe a couple of "btw imma gril xD" responses might help things actually. Who knows.

>> No.8242877

lol cgl is just r9k for girls far too afraid to get tumblrs
people unironically say "triggered" here
and?

>> No.8242894

>>8242877
It didn't used to be. /cgl/ is more of a 4chan blacksheep currently than even /r9k/ even if its not as bad as /lgbt/ which is a containment board anyway.

As I said new mods enforcing new rules and a shift in majority culture brought it to what it is today.

>>8242874
>They need to get the fuck over it
Ideally yeah, but they have no incentive to unless the pendulum swings back the other way, which is doubtful because female mods with a SJ cause tickling their bean are almost impossible to depose, unless an overwhelming majority oppose her.

>> No.8242896

>>8242894
>which is doubtful because female mods with a SJ cause tickling their bean are almost impossible to depose
What the bleeding fuck happened to this board.

>> No.8242915

>>8242896
For once Moot is the correct answer. I know he was in bed with at least some of the people who came to power here and really took a public shine to /cgl/ as one of his favorite boards post-reformation which says a lot. The average anon has little control over who comes to represent the board culture and rules other than complaining up the chain or being publicly defiant, both of which accomplishes jackshit unless you have near unanimous support from the rest of the anons.

>> No.8242918

>>8242877
since when are people too afraid to get tumblrs
tumblr is a giant hugbox and pretty much the opposite of fatchin

>> No.8243355

>>8242877
I blame the drawthread, those are always flooded with people who come directly from tumblr and it's very obvious they've never spend a single hour on 4chan before.

>> No.8243597

>Eating onigiri like a dirty gaijin pleb in Shinjuku station yesterday
>See Misako Aoki walk by
>She looks perfect, looks like she's a Emily Cute Temple coord
>She's sorta running for a platform but she's running gracefully like with the tips of her feet

She looked so perfect, maybe if I wasn't eating food and she didn't look like she needed to be somewhere then I could have told her how cute she looked

>> No.8244265

> have disability, can't drive or cycle anywhere by law
> applying for jobs
> everything is 2 hours away by public transport
> or half an hour by car

I know this isn't really /cgl/ related but I'm so frustrated and upset and I don't know what to do. Even shitty mcjobs are way out of my transport range. I don't want to have to wake up at 4AM every morning and get back home at 10PM to be paid minimum wage at a job that isn't even tangentially related to my degree.

My family and friends have been telling me for years not to pin my hopes on a 'traditional' office career, but all the careers advice I've been given has been terrible in regards to freelancing.

I just want some assurance that I won't have to work a plebby job after all the work I've put into my degree (which is in a legitimate field, but one that happens to be centred in big cities).

>> No.8244268

>>8244265
>and I won't be able to afford burando because my wages will go straight into transport costs

There we go, now it's /cgl/.

>> No.8245152

>>8238569
no why

>> No.8245687

>ex looks like crap at con
>badly frayed edges, shit construction
>my outfit was missing a couple accessories but still got compliments
>ex sees me
> says my boobs are phenomenal and almost cups them before stopping themselves
> hands awkwardly retract and stay by side but eyes are roaming

Yeah it felt good.

>> No.8247036
File: 712 KB, 1130x800, 1405972565115.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8238789
I have a friend who's 37, giant weeb OG from back in the day, works a full time job, helps around the house. Her parents still get super shitty when she isn't going to be home on time or something.

>>dragging her to otakon this year and they can suck a fat one.

Pic related, debating costume concepts

>> No.8248102

>>8247036
Is she hot?