[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 2.55 MB, 279x350, c0e.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8210212 No.8210212 [Reply] [Original]

Cosplay/EGL related.

>Ask someone to commission a helmet for me
>Everything going good
>Playing email tag
>Haven't heard from them in over a week after I ask them for an invoice
>They finally email me back after two weeks saying that they lost their email and was backlogged
>Ask questions and send an invoice again
>No reply for another week
>Finally hear from them again and they claimed they sent an invoice in my email
>Check my email and there's no invoice
>Check paypal and there's no invoice
>Ask them to send it again because I still want the commission
>Again no reply
>Too late to ask someone else to commission it
>Picture related

>> No.8210215

When people inquire about your dress you have been trying to sell, and then disappear.

>> No.8210261
File: 39 KB, 250x250, 1414254240503.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Friend commissions me
>yeah!
>Friend is a shitty customer
>un-yeah!

She's(friend 1) the kind of person who is only fun to hang around with but not during conventions (bother to ask if you're really curious). She has a lot of flaws personality wise- so you won't even bother being close to her. You also don't want to cosplay duo with her because she's most likely to let you do all the work. Since she's commission me for a cosplay-duo I didn't mind but she's constantly asking me to do stuff at her boyfriend's house (and every friend event is always at his house too), which is not how MY commissions works. I told her I don't want to carry around all of my material just for her but she keeps on pressuring me. I have a mini office and it's where I want my work to be done and she doesn't grasp the concept.

Along these lines, I know she's low on money so she made a deal to trade a game for my commission which is fine because it covers the material receipt. Only, I don't charge $/h for friends- and it seems like she's taking advantage of it. I have another customer (friend 2) who's also commissioning me and she absolutely wants to be like any other of my clients, no deals allowed. That's really ultra sweet of her because this time I'll be able to make profit out of it and etc etc etc.

I just really wish friend 1 was less of an asshole.

>> No.8210548

>>8210261

Sounds like you just need to be less of a pussy and learn how to tell people no

>> No.8210554
File: 334 KB, 500x371, 1416333958587.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8210548
o-okay

>> No.8210600

>>8210554
I've done the same thing. Even after I made it they were giving me shit about how much it cost them even when it took 40 hours for me to sew. Being a bitch, never crediting. They then asked me for another quote, I gave the normal rate plus my "hate charge".
Basically, on a scale of 1-10 how much do you piss me off?
10? then charge 10% more.

the Hate Rate makes it worthwhile.

>> No.8210841
File: 24 KB, 168x199, talk_lufffy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't know how to feel about this one girl in my lolita comm. She goes off at the drop of a hat over anything that pisses her off, whether it be issues of race, sexuality, gender identity, disability, weight, or mental illness. She has ranted about every single one extensively. It's bizarre. She comes off as very violent and hateful towards those that don't agree with her. It makes her look just as hateful as the people she criticizes.

Other than that, she seems okay. She's well-informed about the fashion, keeps discussion going (excluding her rants, she's cordial), and tries to get events together.

I just don't know how to feel about her. Perhaps she's coming off as more caustic online.

>> No.8213155
File: 1.72 MB, 203x273, bitchplz.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>decide to make a big Taobao order for self
>offer to let people I know or if they have people they know join in on order
>"well this shouldn't be too bad, shipping will be combined, we all save some money, it will be great!"
>lelmaybenot.jpg
>after collecting everyone and orders, order is confirmed
>ask for first payment for items themselves, I need TBR to weigh the items individually to figure out shipping for each person so that'll be second payment
>ask for payment and include Paypal
>"Okay! Do you mind if I pay when we get back on campus from break?? :3"
>wat
>just pay me via fucking Paypal, i never carry cash
>be nice and will take it on campus
>this girl is an annoying ita, not sure how I feel about this yet

I swear to fucking god, I'm not biting a 150 dollars more for this order not even including shipping.

>> No.8214501

>>8210554
rant

>o-okay

fucking stop with the typing stutters damn it

>> No.8214800

>>8210261
Your friend sounds like an asshole tbh.

>> No.8214824

>>8210841
Which comm?

>> No.8214836

>>8213155
just do it and resell her shit for profit if she bails.

>> No.8214852

>>8210841
Sounds like someone in my comm.

>> No.8220363

>>8210841
Sounds like a few cosplayers in our comm too. Is there something in the water to bring them out this way?

>> No.8220399

I'm missing one...JUST ONE component for a cute coord and of it's a fucking bag.
I don't have any bags to match my fucking dress and I haven't seen the kind of bag I need anywhere on brand websites nor through any secondhand auction websites.
I've never had this much trouble before, and it feels incomplete wearing a coord without a matching bag. Ughhhh.

>> No.8220407
File: 634 KB, 640x480, lame.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know this person who made me feel like shit for like a year and a half, I decided to block her off of all social media ever so I wouldn't get the temptation of being her friend again, because she made me feel sooo bad. I know i'll see her soon, but when I do I just want her to pretend she doesn't know me. like damn I wish I didn't feel that way but....