[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 46 KB, 469x447, Jesuschristmygenerationsickensme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8202286 No.8202286 [Reply] [Original]

This is real life now.

>> No.8202313

>>8202286
I'm actually all for this. You can have whatever fucking body you like and cosplay whoever you like. It has literally no impact on my cosplay experience whatsoever so I just don't care.

>> No.8202381

>>8202286
I always felt people should have the freedom to decide on how bad they wanna look.

>> No.8202446

There is no cosplay police, and people looking bad doesn't actually affect us. I'm fine with people cosplaying way out of their body type as long as I'm not expected to pretend I think they look good.

>> No.8202460

Fat people can't be green lanterns

They have no willpower

>> No.8202464
File: 500 KB, 200x105, cenastumped.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>capeshit all over OP's image

why

>> No.8202468

>>8202446
That's a good way to put it for how I feel too. It doesn't affect me and I won't say anything to their face, but I didn't sign any agreement saying I have to think everyone is ~beautiful just the way they are~.
That being said, I kind of like seeing overweight/out of shape cosplayers because it makes me feel better about myself.

>> No.8202469

>>8202313
its not like anyone is preventing them from cosplaying whatever, they just want to be told their cosplay is actually good

>> No.8202470

>>8202446
yes your perception of their cosplay affects them, which is why that image was made

>> No.8202481

>>8202460
Underrated post

>> No.8202489

People ARE free to cosplay anything they like. I'm also free to hold my chosen aesthetic preferences as well. Cosplaying what you want does not come with a 'look good' guarantee though. I wouldn't ever discourage anyone from cosplaying their hero or favorite character or anything they want to. But realistically, some people will always look better doing it than others. That playing field will never be leveled no matter how many people squeak about the unfairness of it.

Also there is something to be said for the knee-jerk reaction of seeing your OWN hero or favorite being portrayed in a way that you do not expect. We can't always control our reaction 100%. Most people will be polite about it if they aren't jerks but you can't really blame them for a stare or giggle either, can you?

>> No.8202501

Suddenly I remember that one cosplay judge anon that said they rated on how much the cosplayer body wise looked like the character, and not just counting weight.

>> No.8202508

>The Rebellion crest on someone's chest

What? The Rebels werent fucking super heroes. They were ragtag pilots and basically terrorists. These images are always made worse when its painfully obvious they were made by some normie faggot on facebook.

>> No.8202513

>>8202501
I think it is always considered in passing, but I don't think it should count for much. More like just noticing that they chose to portray someone similar in physical type, weight, build, hair/eye color, etc. Of course some might even think that is a more lazy cosplay, as in 'well he already kind of resembles the character so it isn't much of a stretch to cosplay him.' If I were judging, I'd more be looking for the essence of the character in addition to the construction, etc. For me, the person who could give the 'feel' of the character in stance, mannerisms, mood etc would win if it was a close call in all other categories, not the one who matched the physical characteristics or body type better.

>> No.8202515

When someone is cosplaying as a character, I want to be able to look at that person and got 'Oh, it's [that character].' If you're fat and playing a skinny character, I'm not going to recognize you immediately, and I'm going to spend the whole time wondering if you even really know what the character you're playing is supposed to look like. If you're fat, play a fat character. If you're not, don't. Don't want to play a fat character? Lose weight, problem solved.

>> No.8202516

>>8202513
So your vocal range shouldn't count in a karaoke contest either, right? "Well, they already fit the vocal range of the original singer, so it isn't much of a stretch for them to sing that song." Fuck off.

>> No.8202518

>>8202286
I tend to judge people more on how well they executed the cosplay before looking at their size. However, when they fuck up the cosplay itself, it's really hard to look past their size if they really aren't proper for the character if you get what I'm saying. If the cosplay looks good otherwise, I'll typically give a pass on that they put the effort into making it.

>> No.8202519

>>8202515
>lose weight

That requires time and patience AND hardwork. And most fat people arent hated for being fat, its because they have shitty self-serving personalities to match their bodies. And lack any of those qualities.
This is almost always true within the cosplay/nerdshit communities. They expect praise and admiration for breathing, heavily and short.

>> No.8202525

>>8202516
Apples to oranges. Back at you. You are pretty much expected to sing within your range for karaoke. You aren't expected to stay within your natural physical characteristics in cosplay. I've heard people say that, I did not say I'd judge based on that. Just that there really are several different ways people DO approach it.

>> No.8202529

>>8202525
>You aren't expected to stay within your natural physical characteristics in cosplay.
That's what you think, snowflake.

>> No.8202533

>>8202286
There are really two different things going on here. 1) the right to cosplay any character and not be harassed, made fun of, etc. and 2) expecting people to think you look good doing 1. # 1 should be a thing, #2 never will be.

>> No.8202536

>>8202533
This. What these people really want is to be jacked off.

>> No.8202538

>>8202529
Maybe in competitions, yes? But if a person isn't competing, why are others busy judging? If they are competing, I'd expect it would vary from venue to venue and judge to judge.

>> No.8202542

I like using the tag #endthecosplayhate for social media whenever I post stuff like this

>> No.8202546

>>8202542
But is there really any active hate going on? People being bullied or hated on? Terrorized or oppressed? Or just not being ass-patted or photographed as much if they don't 'fit the character'?

>> No.8202585
File: 115 KB, 684x931, 1470294_452498078191987_10291614_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202515
Some people just can't lose weight no matter what they do, and if they DO manage to lose weight, 9/10 times they gain it right back. It's been scientifically proven that long-term weight loss is unrealistic, so fat people should just learn to love their bodies because they're pretty much stuck with them for life. So why should we be forced to only cosplay fat characters, especially when there are so few of them out there and perhaps there are none that we particularly like? Cosplay is about dressing up as your FAVORITE characters, not just characters who look like you. It's about as stupid as saying PoC can't cosplay white characters. You all whine about attention whores dressing as characters they don't care about or aren't familiar with, yet you expect fat people to do just that. It's bullshit.

That being said, I don't think weight matters at all when it comes to looking good in cosplay. I think, rather than looking at someone's body type you should be looking at craftsmanship instead. There are tons of scrawny anorexic bitches that have mediocre, inaccurate cosplays, why do they deserve more praise than me if my cosplay happens to be very well-made and accurate?

Pic related. Have a plus size cosplayer who is cosplaying outside her body type, yet still looks damn beautiful. I think a lot of the skinny bitches on this board are just jealous that fat chicks are often better cosplayers than they are. XD

>> No.8202590

>>8202585
Tumblr, pls go

Or if you're done being an idiot, have a visit to /fit/

>> No.8202596

>>8202286
it's fine as long as you do it for yourself and not for getting attention.

>> No.8202598

>>8202585
But that's just it, no one is forcing anyone to play or not play any characters. As far as I can see this is just fatties fussing b/c they don't get some kind of positive special attention they magically think they deserve in a hobby that is largely (pardon the kek) based around A certain set of physical aesthetics. Rock on, fatties, cosplay anything you please, I'll help smack-down anyone who says you shouldn't BUT...just know that you usually won't get as many asspats or as much attention as someone slimmer, just like real life.

>> No.8202600

>>8202585
lol i trol XD

>> No.8202602
File: 10 KB, 225x225, girlslaughing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202585
>>8202600
Sweet jesus, did Summer show up early.

>> No.8202607

>>8202460
10/10 would kek again

>> No.8202609

>>8202585
please be joking.
>Some people just can't lose weight no matter what they do
"no matter how many bags of oreos i eat a day, i still can't lose weight! I've tried everything i can think of besides diet and exorcise!"
Everyone can lose weight. Not everyone can get extremely fit, but to there is nothing you can do about being obese is ridiculous.

Also, since when are people not allowed to have opinions on what is and isn't a good cosplay?

>> No.8202618

>>8202585
>It's been scientifically proven that long-term weight loss is unrealistic
Which scientists, what kind of study and who sponsored them?

>> No.8202622
File: 10 KB, 600x515, my-excess-weight.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202585
>>8202609

>> No.8202623

Do you even lift m8?

>> No.8202626

>>8202602
Its post 2010 4chan. Eternal September came a long time ago, there is no such a thing as summer anymore. 4chan is just a subreddit now.

>> No.8202628

>>8202460
10/10

>> No.8202630

>>8202585
>fuck all the skinny bitches in da club

>> No.8202635

>>8202585
> There are tons of scrawny anorexic bitches
> I think a lot of the skinny bitches on this board are just jealous that fat chicks are often better cosplayers than they are. XD

Aww, how cute. Picking on "skinny bitches" is so much better, right? :^)

I won't even comment on the "some ppl can't lose weight guiiiiizz!!!11"

>> No.8202636

>>8202585
So you're saying fat people have REAL super-powers since they can defy the First Law of Thermodynamics? Wow!

>> No.8202650

>>8202585
Bullshit. If you can't lose weight, then you're doing something wrong. People think they'll just exercise and the weight should drop off, but if you're doing the wrong type of exercise, targeting the wrong muscles groups, then shit ain't happening. I tried forever to work out and lose weight, and the most I lost was 10-15 lbs. after working out consistently for a good 6-7 months on the treadmill, elliptical, and stationary cycle. It wasn't until I ended up using a personal trainer, that they helped change up my routine. It was a bit costly, but in the end worth it, as I ended up dropping 90 lbs. after 15 months with them with a once a week session, while following their routine and dietary suggestions.

Want to lose weight? Look for a qualified personal trainer, not some pretty person (M/F) some gym hires off the street.

>> No.8202651

>>8202585
>HAES on 4chan
>XD
>doesn't reply anymore after so many comments
Do you wanna know how I know you're trolling?

>> No.8202658

"hurr durr everyone can lose weight! just diet and exercise herp a derp derp!~"

You guys have no idea what my lifestyle is like, so shut the fuck up. I eat very healthy most days of the week, nothing but fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, fish, and lean meats. I walk a mile every day, and I go hiking once a month. I don't sit on my ass eating oreos 24/7, and I don't eat unless I'm hungry. Sure I'll order dessert once in a while, but I don't make a habit of it. Yet I still have a BMI over 30.

I've tried following diet plans, and I'll maybe lose 10-15 pounds at the most on them, yet after the plan is over I always gain most of it back if not more. I'm so happy for you all that you're able to lose weight and be thin, but some of us aren't as lucky or privileged. So shove it up your bony ass.

Instead of being ignorant, hateful, and judgmental assholes, maybe you should educate yourselves properly and not go to /fit/, which is a board that has almost nothing to do with health and everything to do with "HURR LOOK AT ME I'M SO ALPHA FUCK UGLY PPL LOLOLOLOL"

For starters, read this:
http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/education/faq.html

Have a nice day.

>> No.8202659

>>8202651
It probably is a troll but that post is also pretty accurate to the way entitled fatties think and reason.

>> No.8202660

>>8202585
>why do they deserve more praise than me if my cosplay happens to be very well-made and accurate?

I don't really care much if people are fat or not, but you are clearly overweight yourself and trying to justify to yourself that its something you cant help and to me that's unhealthy.

You can accept that you would rather be fat than give up foods you love or force yourself into an exercise regime you don't want to do. But to pretend its something you cant help is to allow you to harm your health and your quality of life because of a delusion and that's very worrying.

Can you honestly state, that you maintain a constant healthy diet of below the calories that you use per day and even a small amount of cardiovascular exercise such as walking 2 miles per day? And not for just a day, a consistent lifestyle that you stick to every day.

and if you can confirm to yourself that applies to you, fine, you're a member of the 0.01% of the human race who cant control their weight by simply taking in less calories than they expend, as a result of various rare abnormalities such as water retention. But lets be honest, if that was the case you would have mentioned that, a doctor would have diagnosed it, you wouldn't be trying to force the tenuous justification that you are.

>> No.8202661

>>8202658
Oh look;

A fatty stereotype raging.

>> No.8202663

>>8202658
>I've tried following diet plans, and I'll maybe lose 10-15 pounds at the most on them, yet after the plan is over I always gain most of it back if not more

So what you are saying is, that when you reduce your calorie intake you lose weight? And when you put it back up you gain weight again?

Call. The. Fucking. Presses.

>> No.8202675

>>8202658
>after the plan is over.

There's your problem. Your normal way of eating must not be balanced to help you attain and keep a normal weight if you CAN lose weight on a calorie deficit diet. You are simply eating more than you burn. Yes its possible to overeat healthy food too. I'm sure it's difficult to change your eating style and keep it. But it's not impossible.

>> No.8202688
File: 4 KB, 200x200, 4882178+_184a3ba9240cf04141d665b5f5b3f6cc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202659
exactly and it's too stereotypical to be real

>>8202658
>replies only after I call her out on her troll
yeah, nice try

>> No.8202689

>>8202464
I've never heard the term capeshit before and i love it.

>> No.8202690

>>8202585
>>8202658
I realize these are probably trolls but it is baffling to me that people think like this.
I love My 600lb Life on TLC because of the way the doctor reacts when the literal whales think they're smarter than him. "I don't know how I ended up gaining weight, I followed your 1000 cal/day plan to the letter! It must be my thyroid! Or maybe it's water weight! Yes! Twenty pounds of water weight!"
It's kind of sad really, it's not like most of them are actually lying, they're just deluded like the people in this thread and they think they're actually trying

>> No.8202720

>>8202585
>You all whine about attention whores dressing as characters they don't care about or aren't familiar with, yet you expect fat people to do just that. It's bullshit.
A lot of what they said is stupid shit, but I do agree with this. I'd much rather see a hambeast squeeze herself into a Jynx costume because she genuinely likes playing lol, than any old fatty from some random ass anime she's never seen just because she'd suit it better

>> No.8202732

>>8202658
>nothing but fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, fish, and lean meats
It's harder but you can still very much overeat on those. Especially the nuts and fruit part.
Don't follow diet plans and then go back to what you're currently eating. Count calories, track or estimate your movement.

>> No.8202733

>>8202286
I feel this is great. There's a lot of negative attitudes against non-normal body types and it would be nice if people in general could become more tolerant. If it's not ok to be sexist, racist, homophobic, etc, then hating someone because of their body type shouldn't be ok either.

>> No.8202740

>>8202460
lmao

>> No.8202743

>>8202609

Not necessarily. PCOS, for instance, really can can make it near impossible for some women to lose significant weight. Nobody is "naturally" 500 lbs or healthy at 500 lbs, but some people are just naturally a bit fat. I have a friend who eats significantly healthier than I do and works out several times a week and is just kind of fat. Meanwhile I wear a size 2 with basically no real effort or attention. Genetics.

>> No.8202777

>>8202585
Going to honest with you here......I have no idea what character that woman is supposed to be cosplaying as. Please enlighten me before I pass judgement.

Seriously, who is she supposed to be? No trolling...I am racking my brain and I can't recall any character from an anime, comic, movie, or video game that has bat wings growing out of their palms.

>> No.8202788

Sure it is full of doctors here today.

>> No.8202793

>>8202777
You don't know what Mortal Kombat is? How is life under the rock treating you?

>> No.8202797

>>8202777
mortal kombat.

>Captcha:Benis

>> No.8202799

>>8202585
>they're pretty much stuck with them for life.

As someone who's fat nothing sure makes me happier to know I'll be an ugly piece of shit for the rest of my life. Thanks for boosting my confidence anon. You sure are promoting body positivism.

>> No.8202802

>>8202658
>Walk a mile a day
>Hikes once a MONTH
>Thinks this counts as "exercising"
You DO realize that an average housewife walks more than this around the house right? In other words, walking a mile a day is normal for most people. Do some real exercise (weights help lose weight really fast FYI) and maybe, just MAYBE you will realize that your "healthy" lifestyle is just slightly healthier than most fatties.
Also eating 2 pounds of fish is roughly the same as eating some greasy food. Healthy food =/= healthy portions

>> No.8202828

>>8202585
Right? That's why in the history of mankind there have been exactly as many obese people as there are right now! It has always been common! It has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle!

>> No.8202854

>>8202802
Yeah a mile sounds impressive to me as a eurofag with no sense for miles but I checked and the way from the metro station to my job is a mile, the walk from my home to college is more than a mile. I walk that every day at least twice on top of additional walks when I do anything else at all.

>> No.8202857

Is it worth mentioning that it's not just fat people that can look bad in a display? Like I'm skinny af so I will NEVER look good as Thor or any other beefcake cosplay. Also I agree with whoever mentioned the "skinny in a poorly made costume vs fatty in a well made costume"

>> No.8202870

I'm fat, I cosplay what I want, I have fun.
That's the point.
No excuses, no apologies.

>> No.8202871

>>8202793
I know what Mortal Kombat is. I played the first three in the arcade as they came out (I'm an oldfag, I suppose). I simply don't recognize the character. Perhaps she was added in one of the sequels further in the series?

>>8202797
Okay.....there are many games in that series, and I haven't played *all* of them, nor have I memorized the entire character roster.

I'm asking what character she is supposed to be portraying, and you're both being irrational assholes. I just want someone to give me a direct answer without all of the dickish behavior.

>> No.8202882

>>8202802
According to my pedometer, I walk 15 miles a day when I work a normal dayshift during the week, and 20 miles a day when I work a long shift on a weekend.

It's also worth mentioning that I ride my bike 70 minutes a day (35 minutes to and from work); I rarely drive my car unless I have to get groceries or haul something.

Every Friday at noon, I ride a 26.2 mile bike trail (marathon on a bike), and it takes me a little over 2 hours.

All of this, and I'm still a bit chubby. Not fat, but I could definitely lose 20-25 lbs according to my height, age, and weight.

You walk a mile a day and complain about being fat? Fuck yourself.

>> No.8202888

>>8202585
Shut the fuck up you lazy sack of shit.

If you don't eat like shit and exercise on somewhat regularly, you won't be overweight.

>> No.8202889
File: 27 KB, 350x500, mortal-kombat-kitana-costume.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202871
It's kantana

>> No.8202891

>>8202286
I'm somewhat for this.
If the fatty makes a costume decently enough, looks good, and knows what will and won't flatter their body type, by all means flaunt that shit around.
However, sadly, most fatties are the types to get lazy as hell with their "cosplays".

>> No.8202894

>>8202626
>2010
get a load of this newfag, 4chan went to shit right after the van

>> No.8202897

>>8202871
nope. a main character in every single mortal combat game ever made.

>> No.8202899

>>8202518
Oh yes, I completely get what you're saying because I feel the same way.
I don't judge on size, but if someone who happens to be fat fucks up their costume, then I can't really ignore their fat.

>> No.8202905

>>8202585
>There are tons of scrawny anorexic bitches
Body positivity should go both ways, you dumb cunt.
This is probably bait though. Get out.

>> No.8202906

>>8202882
You could walk all day long, but if you consume more calories than you expend then you won't lose weight.

>> No.8202911

>>8202894
>After the van
Get a load of this newfag, 4chan has allways been shit.

>> No.8202927 [DELETED] 
File: 1000 KB, 500x265, tumblr_inline_nhssjzJi2l1qafrh6.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>all of these assumptions

How the fuck do you all know how much I eat? And how the fuck do you know if that mile I walk every day doesn't count the amount of walking I do around the house or at school?

I wasn't aware that 4chan is full of primarily doctors and scientists. Though, if you ask my doctor she'd tell you that I AM indeed VERY healthy, even compared to most teenagers. By all means, continue starving yourselves and lecturing others on what's healthy when you're clearly hypocrites. Check yourself. :P

>> No.8202930

>>8202927
Who are you trying to convince?

>> No.8202950

>>8202381

Best Post of the Day Award.

>> No.8202954

>>8202927
>How the fuck do you all know how much I eat?

People who eat more tend to be bigger than average. This counts for excess muscle mass and excess fatty tissue.

You gotta eat big to get big.

>> No.8202958

>>8202788
Not a doctor but a physical therapist and former personal trainer here.

All I've contributed to this thread was the green lantern joke though People who don't want to hear can't possibly listen

>> No.8202962

>you should be able to cosplay whatever you want!
Yeah.
>and you'll look just as good as people with accurate body types when you do it!
Nah.

>> No.8202970

>>8202585
are.. are her legs cut off...? or is this just really poor photography?

>> No.8202978

>>8202970
shes kneeling down

>> No.8202986

>>8202958
I like Green Lanterns. I don't have to be thin to dress up like my favorite characters, I'm not trying to be a replica of Green Lanterns, so whether or not I have the same "willpower" as them actually means fuck all.
By your logic anyone who cosplays magical characters should also be able to do magic. Or if their character shoots guns then they should be able to shoot and own a real one. Don't even get me started on slutty characters. It's dressup, plain and simple.

Also, as someone who legitimately struggles with my weight, it really pisses me off that I can't say whenever I have difficulties or challenges with my goals without having judgmental cunts assume I eat a fucking tray of Oreos or don't do anything. I've already lost 40 pounds, and it makes me mad that I can nevery say I'm having a hard time losing weight, and sometimes regaining, without some asshat implying "weh not trying hard nuff." Fuck any of you who do this, and I hope when you're all old, fat biddies with shit metabolisms and little energy that the words you have said haunt your diabetic asses. Or maybe sooner.

>> No.8202994

>>8202906
I am aware of that. I walk so much because I'm a Professional Chef ;)

Haha I eat *everything*.....I wouldn't do what I do if I didn't love food. My point is that walking a mile does less than dick-all for a person when it concerns exercise.

>> No.8202997

>>8202609

Genetics. Stress. Hypothyroidism. Even some drugs, like antidepressants, are known to make you gain weight.

>> No.8203000

>>8202889
Doesn't Katana have fans? That's a pretty big part of the character. Without the fans, she's just a palette-swapped version of Mileena.....she's not holding fans (the most vital part of the costume).

>> No.8203005

>>8202897
WHO?!?!?! Stop playing guessing games and just *tell* me if it's that damn obvious!

>> No.8203012

>>8202857
I'll be honest....the skinny girl in the crappy costume will always get more attention (both online and IRL) than the landwhale in a perfectly made costume.

>> No.8203019

>>8202927
Bitch, you don't need to be a doctor to fucking know how to lose weight in order to look like a normal fucking human being. I'm an engineer, not a doctor, but I still KNOW this shit. There was a point when I started to get fat, looked at myself, said "oh shit I need to get my shit together" and decided to do something about it instead of making excuses like a lazy fat ass. You want to look good in cosplay? you need to look good in your every day attire. And from what I can tell, you don't. So shut the fuck up

>> No.8203028

You guys do realize that food is just one reason for being fat, and there are many others.
Besides, doctors recognize they know shit about obesity anyway.
http://conscienhealth.org/2015/03/what-doctors-know-about-obesity/

>> No.8203052

I'd so much rather see a fat guy in a spandex superhero suit with proper undergarments than a thin guy in a superhero suit and no dance belt.

>> No.8203054

>>8202994
Oh I see. Well there is nothing wrong with liking food as long as you don't become obese. It's true that walking a mile does very little to help lose weight, I think some people overestimate how much of an effect their training has, and underestimate how many calories they consume.

>> No.8203055

This whole fat debate is something nobody will ever agree on. But you know what, just either be completely honest or just shut up. Everyone knows that when someones says someone's fat and then says 'but I'm worried for their health' is not actually concerned about that, unless they're a doctor or anything. And being insulting isn't going to motivate anyone, probably will just make them eat even more.

Now this doesn't mean you can't say anything at all or you should never help someone. No please by all means do it. Just understand that it's not for everyone as easy as 'just stop eating so much'. There's a lot of mental strength involved, and if you're in an environment where more people are fat, it's even harder.

And you know, I would never wish anyone to be fat. Except for a TINY amount of people, you hate it. It's horrible. Knowing some people are left with shit skin after losing all that weight isn't motivating either.

Everyone has their thing. Some people eat very little and might look skinny but are unhealthy too. Some people have other things. Just realize that yelling at one another isn't going to help anyone. No side wins with these kind of discussions.

>> No.8203121

Yet another thread gone to shit because of seagulls replying to obvious bait.

And you sit there and wonder why nobody respects this board.

>> No.8203124

>>8202799
don't give up anon, as a former fatty I can tell you that eating healthier and limiting your proportions will get easier with time.
Look up before and after pics in /fit/ and you'll see a lot of people made it so why shouldn't you be able to.

>> No.8203132

>>8203052
Except that a fat guy is no more likely to wear a dance belt than a skinny one? Maybe a bit less if they can't find their size? But I feel ya, I think all capesshit and zentai suit cosplay (women too) needs the correct supportive underwear so we aren't seeing unfortunate clear outlines of things we are not supposed to. Ugh.

>> No.8203147

>>8202986
Bro
relax
it's a Joke
kilowog is a GL. And no hamplanet will ever be an accurate mogo either.

>> No.8203148

>>8203055
>Now this doesn't mean you can't say anything at all or you should never help someone. No please by all means do it. Just understand that it's not for everyone as easy as 'just stop eating so much'. There's a lot of mental strength involved, and if you're in an environment where more people are fat, it's even harder.

Fuck you. I've been able to smoke unfiltered cigs and use adderall (amphetamines) without getting addicted. Food is easy compared to all of that.

>> No.8203154

>>8203028
Too much food is the main reason for most obesity. If you have a disorder or are on meds, fine but that is RARE and the amount of weight gained/retained with either is exaggerated. Ditto for ex-smokers.
Ask someone on a diet if they weigh or measure all their food though. Most will tell you something like 'no that's obsessive' so they do NOT accurately know a 'portion' so yep, they still overeat.

But back to OP, no one is preventing anyone from cosplaying what they want, so far as I can see but we just aren't going to miraculously relax our own standards about what looks good to give you special asspats for it.

>> No.8203166

>>8202286
I'm good with fatties cosplaying. Gives me something to laugh at and makes me feel good about myself.

>> No.8203170

>>8202658
>I've tried following diet plans, and I'll maybe lose 10-15 pounds at the most on them, yet after the plan is over I always gain most of it back if not more.

See that's your problem.

You shouldn't be doing a plan, it's not something that ends. This is an entire lifestyle change. You have to accept that you're not going to live the way you have.

I guarantee if you count the calories of what you eat you'll see you're eating too many calories.

Walking a mile a day btw only burns about 80-90 calories. That's basically two cookies or half a pack of peanuts. It's really not that much exercise. Ideally it should be used as a warmup for a workout.

It's hard to do I admit. I was 400 pounds and now I'm down to 310. Most of my whole family is fat as fuck. Christmas was a fucking nightmare last year. I went to my grandma's the other day and I literally got offered cake seven times in a 2.5 hour span.

>> No.8203175

>>8202658
A mile a day isn't exercise you disgusting sow.

>> No.8203183
File: 141 KB, 471x400, 1411361180214.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202585
The worst part about this is I can't tell if it's bait or not since a good chunk of HAES/tumblr people think this way but either way.
> implying people can't lose weight
Please I was 210 lbs and got down to 175lbs now after counting calories and putting together a routine. It's just pure laziness most of the time.

>> No.8203184

>>8202585
What if the hard work that goes into maintaining a good figure is considered part of their cosplay? It does result in their looking more like the character after all.

>> No.8203193

>>8203166
this tbh

>> No.8203195
File: 227 KB, 1920x1200, 1426722845253.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202658

I realize that this a troll, but Jesus Christ.

>after the plan is over

I found your problem. Complaining that your diet stops working when you stop following it is like complaining that your car stops working when you stop putting gas in it. The benefits of having gas in your car last for as long as you continue to put gas in it. Diets likewise, which is why short-term, self-regulated diet "programs" are entirely nonsense.

Instead of picking a "diet program" that you hate and sticking with it for a couple of days or weeks, adjust your diet (i.e. what you eat all the time) to maintain your desired weight. In particular, cut out liquid calories.

Exercise is good and worth doing, but it doesn't burn anywhere near as many calories as you think it does. Running (not walking) a full mile burns less than a can of Coke's worth of calories. Walking a mile burns about two Oreo's worth. Weight is managed primarily in the kitchen, not the gym.

>> No.8203203

>>8202986
Wow there's enough there that I'm not gonna respond until I get to a computer later.

But sadly you see m to be under some impression that fit people don't have to work for it and have some sort of genetic thin privilege, like we magically drop weight at will and don't have to count calories and exercise like everyone else.

Your diet is working though; it's done a good job of shrinking your humerus.

>> No.8203210
File: 74 KB, 500x500, 1426133303937.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202658
Hey dumbass doing just cardio won't do shit for you. Try lifting in tandem with cardio, also change your diet for good not for a set period. Try also juice cleansing for a day once a week (though this is more of a thing that works personally for me.)

>> No.8203221

>>8203210
>Hey dumbass doing just cardio won't do shit for you
I don't know why people say this when it's completely wrong. Calories in < Calories out is all there is to it; and cardio contributes to calories out. And the anon you're trying to correct actually made it pretty clear they are just not losing any weight because they eat a lot.

>> No.8203223

>>8203154
Fat disorders aren't even that rare.
http://fatdisorders.org/

>> No.8203226

>>8202585
nice bait

>> No.8203227

>>8203210
steady state cardio does shit all for you overall.

Sprints, interval Training and HIIT are fine for cardiovascular and metabolic health, as well as some calorie use. Bodyweight and pylometrics are sufficient for me, and I'm a lifter turned avid rock climber.

tl;Dr don't take talking points from /fit/ too seriously

>> No.8203235 [DELETED] 
File: 61 KB, 500x390, Thipin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does /cgl/ have any stories of beta orbiters?

Guys that are just obsessed with you and won't let you go

My girlfriend's "friend" from her sci-fi club basically tagged along with us on a double date I had with my friend and his gf. The whole time he kept interrupting the conversation between me and my gf to talk about something irrelevant, shit was annoying af

>> No.8203242
File: 17 KB, 400x400, headshot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202585
>>8202658
Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Mark Rippletits?

>> No.8203254

>>8203223
I'm reading it the link and says at the outset (and I quote)

"These are known as Rare Adipose Disorders"

Rare, not common.

>> No.8203258

>>8203242
welcome /fit/izen

>> No.8203262
File: 46 KB, 500x341, tumblr_na32qqxw3Z1rm73mfo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202658

>http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/education/faq.html

You take health advice from an organization whose spokesperson died in his mid-40s from an obesity-related illness? That explains a great deal.

In case you missed it:

"NAAFA Chairman Jason Docherty passed away at age 46 of conditions related to cardiovascular disease due to his continued obesity and living habits, which resulted in complication with pneumonia."

Pic related.

>> No.8203266

>>8203221
Most people who overeat and just do cardio, can't consistently do enough cardio to produce regular calorie deficit. Too tiring and takes too much time per day.

>> No.8203270

>>8203203
>thin privilege
Where the fuck did I say that you retarded piece of cow cud? Fact is everyone "works" to be at their ideal, bottom line is not everyone who runs into legitimate complications is always making an "excuse" or is suddenly deluded about their diet and exercise routines. That's it.

>> No.8203273

>>8203242
Fuck I hate your board and you're just /r9k/ on roids, but at least you know your shit.
Tell 'em, diddylift king

>> No.8203276

>>8202286
What I want to know is this: what exactly is cospositive about? No one is preventing anyone fom cosplaying anything. Why is this even a thing? What is the actual goal?

>> No.8203278

>>8203270
More Mogo, less Ego please.

>> No.8203349

>>8203012
Oh I agree, I'd just be more inclined to compliment the better made one myself

>> No.8203353

>>8203132
Not the implication, so much as "it's not the person's size that makes someone in spandex unappealing to look at."

>> No.8203360

>>8203276
You've never heard someone say "you're too fat to cosplay <x>"?

>> No.8203362
File: 19 KB, 388x312, Anorexia, the struggle is real.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202658
>>8202585

>> No.8203365

>>8203132
You'd be hard pressed to find a dance belt for someone REALLY fat. They don't make dance belts in larger sizes, because SURPRISE, fat people aren't dancers. I got the largest size I could find and was close to it not fitting. I'm 6' 0" and was 230 at the time.

>> No.8203367
File: 29 KB, 357x312, 1426955489925.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202460

>> No.8203373

>>8202997
>doctors confine a couple hundred obese people up in their hospital rooms
>put them all on strict controlled regimens
>100% of subjects complain that they tried everything to lose weight
>100% of subjects lose weight by the end of the trial
God DAMN I wish I could find the study again because it was fucking hilarious and people were assblasted over it

>> No.8203380

>>8203360

Frankly, no. I've heard about it once in a while but hearsay and rumor do not make a movement.

>> No.8203384

>>8203055
>Just understand that it's not for everyone as easy as 'just stop eating so much'. There's a lot of mental strength involved, and if you're in an environment where more people are fat, it's even harder.

Then toughen the fuck up or don't think you're entitled to be respected for your lack of willpower.

>> No.8203386

>>8203365
It's true for dance unitards/dance underwear of all kinds. Im not surprised.

>> No.8203393
File: 157 KB, 848x935, pretty anime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202927
>I wasn't aware that 4chan is full of primarily doctors and scientists.
You won't mind that many here, but I'm an electrical engineer.

>By all means, continue starving yourselves and lecturing others on what's healthy when you're clearly hypocrites.
It's called having discipline you lazy sack of shit.

>> No.8203394

>>8203373
I'd like to read that. I wonder how diverse the group was an how many participated. The weight loss industry (medical and gimmicky stuff both) makes a mint exploiting fat people and its a shame.

>> No.8203409

>>8203394
>exploiting fat people

If you can't put in the honest effort and discipline yourself and instead just want a quick, easy solution, you're pretty much asking for the snake oil.

You want to talk about "exploiting," those food companies peddling unhealthy shit to kids is far closer to heinous than anything from the "weight loss industry."

>> No.8203411

>>8203394
>exploiting fat people
Lazy people who make voluntary decisions are exploited?

>> No.8203414
File: 37 KB, 512x384, 1412389418992.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Go ahead, be fat and cosplay. Most people don't really give a fuck and think you literally 'can't' be fat and cosplay. But for a lot of people there is a knee jerk reaction of just having a bad taste in your mouth seeing a fat fuck in a tight costume, and there's nothing you can do about it.

And that shitty attitude of 'fucking deal with it you bony anorexic shit end of story' isn't going to change anyone's minds and be more sympathetic.

Pic related: most peoples reactions to a fat cosplayer, not frothing out the mouth and manning the harpoons.

>> No.8203416

Where what ever you want. No one is stopping you. Don't expect everyone to like it though.

>> No.8203423

>>8203409
Both are unfortunate. Eating habits are learned behavior and most parents aren't that great about teaching their kids healthy eating habits and enforcing them most of the time. So kids hit their teens with pudge already and later not knong ow though combat it. Yes it's simple but it's not easy. Most don't truly want it bad enough to make the necessary changes to achieve and maintain success.

>> No.8203429
File: 97 KB, 489x743, wow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202585
>yet still looks damn beautiful.

>> No.8203438

>>8203411
Well, maybe exploited was a bad word choice, sorry. But that industry does a lot to lead people astray from the simple 'eat less than you burn' bottom line.

>> No.8203457
File: 124 KB, 590x333, 1386318582331.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202381

>>8202585
top kek, summerfag

>> No.8203532

>>8202927

Bitch, if you can make mass out of nothing but magic and feels, you're in for a nobel prize. Calories in minus calories out. This is basic physics.

I guaran-fucking-tee I'm healthier than you could ever be. I hike up mountains carrying heavy packs. I bike long distances. I scramble up trees and rocks. I walk on frozen lakes. All things I couldn't do with extra weight on me. Try biking with a really heavy backpack on. It's harder than without one. There is no difference between carry weight and fat-gut weight when it comes to ice and branches holding you, carrying yourself up mountains, or propelling yourself forward. I literally could not do what I do if I were fat. My diet is so healthy my housemates think I'm crazy. (OATZ PROTEIN GREENS). I can last forever in bed, on top bouncing on that cock.

I innagym five days a week, bike at the very least ten miles a week, and jog a mile most mornings (unless it's icy out, fuck twisted ankles.) Get on my level, you fat cow.

Walking around the house? Are you fucking kidding me? You think a trip to the fridge counts as exercise? Do you get winded and break a sweat?

>> No.8203544 [DELETED] 

>>8202585
You may be dressing up as your favorite character, but if we have the same favorite character and I don't see him as short, or fat, or ugly, then I don't have to like it.

>> No.8203561

>>8203457
It's not summer, dumbass.

>> No.8203564

>>8202927
For most people who really exercise, 'a mile' usually means 'a warmup'...THEN we really begin to exercise. But equal or more calories in than out will always mean no loss and if you eat at all heavily or eat many calorie dense foods, it adds up quickly and a bit of daily light cardio will not show any difference. I don't have hours per day to devote to my fitness so I eat much lighter, take a basic vitamin and do heavier (break a sweat, heart rate up) cardio every day and lift medium-light weights every other day.

That gets me 1-2 pounds off per week IF I'm diligent. It's hard. But it's acheivable.

>> No.8203572
File: 415 KB, 593x540, 798.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8203561
>not knowing what a summerfag is
my little anon can't be this new

>> No.8203586

>>8203572
Clearly you are.

>> No.8203593
File: 201 KB, 541x458, 1337076194160.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8203586
lol ok sure

>> No.8203600

>>8203593
claudie you're so new, durdur it's not summer~~

ily girl

>> No.8203603

>>8203572
>>8203593
Summerfags = Newfags in the summer months

Are you retarded?

>> No.8203619

>>8203572
Not that anon, but I've been coming here for nearly a decade and I've always understood a "summerfag" to be a newfag who first comes on 4chan during the summer. I haven't ever heard anybody call someone a summerfag in the dead of winter unless that person had claimed they had started coming in the summer first.

If there's another meaning behind this term, please enlighten me. I'm actually curious.

>> No.8203623

>>8203600
ily more~

>>8203603
nah bruh but you sure are

>>8203619
summerfag can mean a newfag who visits specifically in summer because school's out/more free time/etc, OR someone who visits so infrequently that they don't know wtf they're talking about

>> No.8203629

More like 'eh, I see spring breaks have started' than summerfag.

>> No.8203634

>>8202585
is this satire?

>> No.8203638

>>8203210
>Hey dumbass doing just cardio won't do shit for you

i don't get why people say this. you can burn a ton of calories through cardio. i usually burn about 700 calories when i go out for a bike ride (20+ miles) and i'm not doing anything terribly crazy

>>8203266
>Most people who overeat and just do cardio, can't consistently do enough cardio to produce regular calorie deficit. Too tiring and takes too much time per day.
not really. it doesn't make much difference when you factor in the time it takes to get to and back from a gym for weight stuff. if somebody has to go to a gym to do cardio then yeah, it's kind of a waste of time to just do cardio but still

>> No.8203639

>>8202585
My oh my pluto, best be checkin yoself

>> No.8203656

>>8203638
How many fatties go for 20 mile bike rides and/or only overeat 700cals/day though? If you are normal weight, don't overeat and do decent cardio then it will likely produce balance or even that calorie deficit. But that's not exactly who we are addressing, it's the overeaters who walk a mile a day. They'd do better to lift and cut calories for faster initial results. Also, cardio is tiring when fat until you build stamina to be able to do enough of it to matter to the scale.

>> No.8203660
File: 16 KB, 255x352, kek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8203623
>nah bruh but you sure are
I'm not the one feeding the troll. Don't you have to be stupid somewhere else?

>> No.8203663

>>8202927
You say we can't assume things about you yet you continually claim that your body defies the laws of physics Perhaps there's a caloric surplus magically spawning in your stomach. That must be it..

>> No.8203700

>>8202743

Agree. The morbidly obese are one thing, but it's totally possible for somebody to naturally be a size 12/14 even if they do everything right.

>> No.8203718

>>8203638
because a 20-30 minute run burns about 400 calories and devastates weekend warriors who haven't worked up to it

and people always want to run first. i have no idea why (actually I do, it's because it has virtually no monetary entry cost). running form is not as natural as a lot of people seem to think, same as deep breathing, correct posture, etc. a lot of this needs some brainpower and attention devoted to it.

>> No.8203727

>>8202585
tumblr whale pls go

>> No.8203742
File: 985 KB, 475x198, for_fatty_tan.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202927
Oh, I think you were looking for this gif

>> No.8203751

>>8202743
Muh thyroid and muh PCOS the patron saint of the lazy. It is possible to lose weight with both of those conditions the problem is that people want to use those crutches so much they don't actually do the work to lose weight. Is consider myself pretty damn lazy and with hypothyroidism and PCOS I was able to lose over 60lbs last year. The trick was eating less and exercising.

>> No.8203759

>>8203270
The part where you implied that other people will become
>old, fat biddies with shit metabolisms and little energy
>your diabetic asses
In other words, they're dumber/less-informed than you about their food and activity choices, but are currently exempt from your problems, SOMEHOW. Until later, when their dumb decisions (because they are all gonna develop metabolic syndrom because they're totally fatties-in-denial) will catch up with them.

Not that person, but there was enough salt in your post to taste through the internet.

>inb4 you call me 'cunt' or 'biddy'

>> No.8203763

>>8203751
This. I am positive that having either or both or another condition CAN often make it HARDER to lose but not impossible. Good on you, Anon.

>> No.8203779

>>8203763
No doubt, but when someone constantly pulls out those cards you can't help but want to punch them. I remember reading a article written by the Laura Croft fridge raider complaining about how she was made fun of so hard and she pull those both out. Of course the tumblr hags had at those speaking against her. If you want to live by excuses fine, but don't expect for them to work on everyone.

>> No.8203845

>>8203751
It's not literally impossible for every person with PCOS to lose weight. Everyone's different. But it can be very difficult for some, and may be for all practical purposes impossible to lose significant weight or get smaller than low-end fat due to the extreme calorie reduction some people with PCOS need to see results. If you can't get to work, take care of your kids and your house, are getting migraines, etc, it may be literally possible to survive on that diet but you can't live like that.

>> No.8203911

>>8202508
you can still cosplay as them

But why would you when the Empire is objectively and significantly superior?

>> No.8203916

> all these people falling for the fatty "muh genetics" troll

>> No.8203930

>>8203759
>they're dumber/less-informed than you about their food and activity choices
No, I didn't imply this you tard.
Prohint: When you age your body's metabolism naturally goes to shit. Your energy levels go through natural changes, aka you get old people complaining about "not being able to do what they used to." It's called a taste of your own medicine. Does every older person get fat? No. Is it easier to? Yes. Is it harder to be healthy when you're older? Yes.
This analogy was supposed to make you understand the different types of challenges someone else faces that you may not "understand" or find "lazy" just because you don't personally experience them.
It's not about "privilege" at all, but I love how you're grasping at straws to twist my statement into shaming fit or thin people. Give me a fucking break.

>> No.8204139

>>8203362
Don't know the story behind this image, but you can still be anorexic even if you're obese. It's an eating disorder, not a body type.

>> No.8204185

>>8204139
That's not really true though. The main qualifier for a diagnosis of anorexia nervosa is refusal to maintain a BMI over 18. Is it impossible that there are overweight people with anorexia? No, but very highly unlikely. They would probably be put in a "not otherwise specified" category of eating disorders. "Anorexia" can also be a symptom meaning lack of appetite, common in some medications.
People with bulimia nervous tend to be of a normal weight or can be overweight due to the vast amount of calories consumed during a binge which are difficult if not impossible to completely purge. Also you can have people with bulimia that restrict or exercise after a binge instead of actually physically purging, so it may seem like the typical idea of anorexia. People with anorexia can also purge. Eating disorders aren't super clear cut, but the main indicator of bulimia vs anorexia is BMI, although they usually have to take into consideration other symptoms and comorbid disorders.

Polite sage for ranting about eating disorders. I just think they're really complex and interesting

>> No.8204356

>>8202658
Go to /fit/ and read the fucking sticky because you know fuck all about losing weight.

>> No.8204458

>>8204185
Dude, when I was 16 I was put in a mental hospital ward specifically for eating disorders. Half the girls there with anorexia were pretty chubby, a couple obese (and I don't mean that coming from a deluded anorexic's perspective, I mean they were actually chubby). They were sent there by their parents because they had been starving themselves with the intention to become underweight. It's more of a mental illness than a physical one, and most anorexic people start out being above the underweight range.

Not all anorexic people even make it to the point of being severely underweight. Some seek treatment before they get to that point or they give up (believe me, it is SUPER hard to starve yourself and stick with it that long, especially if you're way overweight to start). The lowest my BMI got was within the 19.0 range and I still was still put on meal monitor and treated for it.

Idk, the diagnosis might vary based on where you live but that's my experience.

>> No.8204623

>>8202313

Wanna know how I know you're fat?

>> No.8204632

>>8204458
I'm pretty sure that should actually be classified as EDNOS with restrictive eating patterns, since diagnostic criteria for true anorexia includes a certain amount of weight loss/being underweight. Does it mean that their mental illness and viewpoint was any different? Probably not, but they are less likely to have extreme malnutrition further contributing to disordered thinking/ their mental illness, which means NG feeding is unlikely to be considered appropriate therapy for their mental illness unlike a severely malnourished, underweight anorexic

>> No.8204634

>>8204632
*true anorexia nervosa
Anorexia vs the diagnosis of anorexia nervosa is considered something different as well, since anorexia can technically just mean no appetite

>> No.8204662

>>8204185
Finally somebody who understands the difference. It bugs me how people without medical or psychological knowledge teach others about EDs just because they know someone or have it (even though the latter can give another interesting perpective, but sometimes even patients don't get the right education about their illness).

>>8204458
>Idk, the diagnosis might vary based on where you live but that's my experience.

You probably were diagnosed with an non-specific ED or developing anorexia, because most doctors, esp. in the US, use the DSM-V manual and "refusing to remain a minimal weight for their age group (as in less than 85% of the expected weight)" is a main criteria for anorexia.
People who meet the other criteria are probably developing the disorder and would get the full diagnosis when they hit the weight.

>> No.8204727

>>8203660
>I was just pretending to be retarded!!1

>> No.8204752

>>8204632
>>8204662
You guys might be right about the non-specific ED. Idk, I thought I remembered them telling me I was anorexic but it was a long time ago (8 years to be exact) so my memory could be foggy. I do remember in the group therapy we had, some chubby people were calling themselves anorexic, as was I, and the social worker didn't correct us. I've always told people that I'm a recovered anorexic.

>> No.8204754

>>8204727
I was just pointing out that in her first post ITT she had fallen for bait, yet she had the nerve to call other people stupid. I thought it was funny.

>> No.8204777

>>8204752
I think as a way of explaining it makes sense, since most lay people understand anorexia as a restrictive eating disorder. But you don't fit the actual diagnostic criteria for full blown anorexia nervosa (which is a good thing because you usually have fucked your body up big time when you get to that point due to the malnutrition). Also social worker=/= medical professional, they tend to be less anal about calling things by the correct name and half the time have no fucking clue about the medical stuff anyway because that is isn't their job

>> No.8204809
File: 76 KB, 136x355, Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 11.20.47.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8204623
Top kek anon. I will always be skinny in the same way that you will always be annoying.

>> No.8204814

>>8202489
>>Trying to justify being an asshole
Be an adult and control yourself, because only children laugh at people who don't look as good as them. The rest of us just judge them harshly and then carry on with our lives.

>> No.8204821

>>8204752
Most people working in therapy and clinics aren't as anal about correct names of diagnosis(as in what they tell you what you have). They want you to understand your illness and get better.

>> No.8204830

>>8204809

Being skinnyfat isn't genetic, though.

>> No.8204833

>>8204830
She doesn't look skinnyfat but keep trying, you'll think of an insult someday.

>> No.8204858

>>8203532
Pls be in NY.

>> No.8205404

>>8203586
>calling Claudie new
smells like Spring Break in here.

>> No.8205410

>>8204814
That anons hardly wrong. A 400 pound landwhale is hardly going to look good squeezing into some laytex bodysuit as catwoman.

>> No.8206794

To me, it is in the name. Cosplay. COSTUME play. Not "perfectly replicate the character". It is about the costume and just for fun. And any one or thing of any dimension or appearance can wear a good costume and perform it. The performance is arguably even more important. Costumes are about being recognizable. To that order, fatties do have more difficulty in costuming and performance as they are not the same as the vast majority of characters. But it does not mean they cannot have excellent costumes. To me if a person is recognizable in their costume and having a good time then I am happy to share my hobby with them. If they are successfully performing in their costume, all the better. I don't mind weight, gender, attractiveness and even moderate inaccuracy so long as they're pulling it off with a decent costume and performance.

I don't understand why it has to be a problem. If you're revolted by fat people just keep walking. Unless their fat rolls are in your personal space, they aren't bothering you. Life is short and mysterious and if they love eating more than having a flat belly, well me too at least to a lesser extent because I am not perfectly fit either.

I don't even mind fatties getting asspatted. It shouldn't be necessary but apparently there are plenty of people viciously judging them all the time so technically I guess it is brave of them to still try to have fun in public.

On the other hand, I also don't mind seagulls viciously mocking them here. Because I am certain 99.9 percent of the posters who mock them here would never do or say anything rude in person. No one could both be openly rude and judgmental to bystanders AND go to cons full of the most absurd specimens of humanity and not get kicked out. So if a person wants to be a dick on the internet, well that can be fun sometimes but it doesn't mean anything on an anonymous imageboard. I have never seen any weight related social issues actually while cosplaying.

>> No.8206859

>>8206794
Costume play, yes? So, anyone can buy/make a costume and wear it, but what about the roleplay? When someone dressed as an athletic character is nowhere near in even average shape, it's difficult to believe they are who they are portraying.

Hell, sometimes it's even difficult to figure out who they're even cosplaying as!

>> No.8206864
File: 359 KB, 1280x1707, fatties in latex.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8205410
DO they even make latex catsuits for 400 pounders?

Pic related....they're hefty, but not 400 lbs. And those certainly aren't catsuits.....

>> No.8206879
File: 328 KB, 471x900, WTF Elektra.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

From the other wiki:

"Elektra is an Olympic-level athlete, strong in gymnastics and swimming, with a high level in athleticism in human strength, speed, stamina, agility, dexterity, reflexes & reactions, coordination, balance, and endurance."

"Miller initially based the character's appearance on Lisa Lyon, a female bodybuilder."

"In the 2003 film Daredevil and its 2005 spinoff, Elektra, the character is portrayed by Jennifer Garner."

So tell me, does this landwhale look like an Olympic level athlete, a strong gymnast or swimmer? Does her body type remotely resemble Jennifer Garner's or Lisa Lyon's?

>> No.8206906

>>8206879
> Cosplay Deviants in the corner

That explains everything.

>> No.8207309

>>8205410
I didn't say they'd look good.
I said that you don't have to be a six year-old and laugh outwardly at them. Have some composure, and respect that doing things like that makes you an asshole.

>> No.8207311

>>8206859
Why does it matter?

Why do you care whether or not someone will recognise them?

Just skim over them and look at someone good.

>> No.8207314

Do what you want in the cosplay world.

But people who cosplay DO know they will get shit about what they cosplay no matter WHO they cosplay or how they look. The thing that really hurts is when people like on this site take it a step further and illicit bullying by group shitting on someone's image.

I know not all cosplays are good, but that sort of action is just so fucked up.

>> No.8207316

>>8206879
This was her FIRST cosplay for the site. She has amazingly improved. There is NO reason to fucking be assholes to her. Envy is a great person. She loves the character and feels an attachment to her. That is NOT wrong in any way.

>> No.8207320

>>8203751
I do have a thyroid disease [hoshimotos] and it DOES inhibit losing weight. I am 190lbs and my mother is 85lbs. We have the SAME type of thyroid disorder, but she has been taking synthroid much longer than I have since I was diagnosed only a year ago and she has been on the medication for over 20 years.

It fucking pisses me off when people who DONT have a thyroid disorder fucking say they do to justify their fucking fat asses. It makes us with the legit disease so much harder, in the beginning stages, to explain it.

HOWEVER, you can be ANY weight and have either low or high thyroid. My mother was a size 4 when she was diagnosed. I was brought up o fast food which is why I am bigger, but thats not why I have it. I have it because of genetics. Hoshimotos runs my whole fucking body. A woman's thyroid controls her whole hormonal system. If its out of whack when your body is in complete dissaray with losing weight, periods, metabolism, I can't grow the outter edges of my damn eyebrows because of it.

I get you want to make fun of it, but please. Its actually a serious disease. My grandmother had to have hers removed because it became cancerous and she died because back then they didn't have medication to have the body deal without it.

>> No.8207331

>>8207309
And that poster said most of the time people would not be jerks and do so. But haven't you ever been taken aback and just reacted? I might smirk or giggle if I saw someone like Boner Robin, LadyBeard, etc. too, often caricatures of cosplay, intended or accidental...are just funny.
So we laugh.
Sometimes that reaction just happens too. Yes to adults who are not trying to be assholes or make fun of anyone. Maybe not to you. But I've seen it and there was NO malice intended and the people were not asses or mean people.

>> No.8207340

>>8207316
Putting ones opinion out on photos that she put up on the net is not 'being an asshole to her'. In an arena largely about favorites, attraction and aesthetics, people will have differing opinions. Obvs. enough people like her photos to pay their fap fee dues to ogle her too, right...or she would not be posted in the site. Having a less than glowing opinion about something very subjective in the first place does not make you an asshole.

>> No.8207367

>>8207331
I did when I was a teen. Now I can have a decent conversation with anyone regardless of what they look like. When you get a job you can't afford to laugh at people out of the blue.

It is something you control. A laugh is not a fart; you can hold it in at no detriment. If you feel an overwhelming need to smirk because someone looks bad enough to be funny, turn around.

I get that we're on cgl and that this is somewhat redundant to say, but there's no need to make someone feel like shit just because you feel the need to make your humour public. If you don't make an effort to conceal it, you're just being rude and there's really not an excuse for it.

Conceal, don't feel, Anon.

>> No.8207398

>>8204833
>doesn't look skinnyfat

She's not railthin, but still has no visible muscle. She is the definition of skinnyfat, you whiteknighting mong.

>> No.8207401

>>8207398
>Implying you can tell anything about muscle from that ant picture

>> No.8207405

>>8207367
At my job, yep, but at a con where everyone is relaxed and in their leisure time, nope. If ANY cosplayer can't handle a laugh or a smirk, I'd call it an overreaction. Can you actually tell me that a lot of cosplay is not pretty funny looking? People burst out laughing at things and people they see at cons all the time, partially because cons are usually full of giggly people having fun.

When I wear lolita or anything out of the ordinary I expect stares, giggles and smirks.
Conceal don't feel? Hm, how bout no. Life's not Disney. I'm not going to police my sense of humor when it is not appropriate to for fear I might offend someone. Anyone. Anyone can cosplay but I'd advise anyone too sensitive to be able to bear stares, whispers and giggles to rethink it. No matter what they look like.

>> No.8207441

>>8207405

If someone does a deliberately funny cosplay is it okay to laugh? Yes.

Should you be prepared to deal with unfavourable reactions when you wear anything out of the ordinary? Yes.

Should you avoid putting your picture online or wearing strange things if it's going to upset you too much to be judged? Yes.

Do any of these things mean you aren't an asshole for openly laughing at how someone looks when they aren't making a joke? No.

You're still being horrible if you laugh at people for just doing stuff they want to do. There's no way you can justify that. It's not you freeing your 'sense of humour' from the fun police. It's you being rude to strangers for no reason.

Everything else you said is a completely separate point, and doesn't excuse that behaviour at all.

>> No.8207465

>>8205410
How many lardasses do you see at conventions?
Yes, I admit there's always about 10 or so hamplanet tier people walking around conventions, but unless they have some mental illness, I don't see them trying to squeeze into catsuits.

Who I usually see get picked on are chubby or the lower end of obese women (because nobody gives a shit about fat dudes) who are in the PT weight range of 180-210 pounds.
Usually they're not that horrifically remarkable, but everyone blows their shitty cosplays out of proportion because "OMG WOMEN LOOKING BAD!"

>>8207441
>Do any of these things mean you aren't an asshole for openly laughing at how someone looks when they aren't making a joke? No.
Also this.
I admit I judge these people about the same as you do. However, unlike some of you I have an iota of shame and wouldn't feel right openly trying to make someone feel like shit when they're just trying to have fun.
Make fun of them later online if you must. At least give them the chance to believe conventioners are kind people for a weekend and aren't about reminding people that they don't find them desirable like some pompous scum.

>> No.8207475

>>8207401
I can, and you would too if you'd grown up on 800x600 16 bit colours

>> No.8207540

>>8202469
>>8202469
>>8202469
>>8202469
>its not like anyone is preventing them from cosplaying whatever, they just want to be told their cosplay is actually good

THIS SO MUCH

>> No.8207546

>>8207401
You can...

She has zero quadriceps, aka a muscle that is visibly lacking.

>> No.8207550

>>8207441
I'll do my best not to laugh or smirk at things not intentionally funny. If I lose it and giggle, I'll accept that some people will think I'm a 'terrible and rude person' for it. And that's as much as I can do. Peace out.

>> No.8207553

>>8202546
This. I want to hear about this. For such a lot being said, I do not hear all the terrible bullying stories of the oppression of masses of poor ugly, fat, scrawny or otherwise non-perfect body cosplayers. I don't even think much of this is really gong on. And certainly not enough to justify all this blanketing about it. Ffs, the OP's tag in social media is pretty much a big BLANK.

>> No.8207561

I rarely see bullying at cons and I go to a shit ton of cons. These signs seem inspired from con hosts reading too many insecure 14 year old girls' Tumblrs and assuming they happen all the time when they actually rarely, if ever, happen.

>> No.8207669

>>8202658
>BMI
Hun, that doesn't count for shit. Get on a scale that can actually do a fat/non-fat ratio.

>> No.8207726

>>8206859

It is not untrue that fatties face a bigger problem emulating the outward appearance of some characters. However plenty beautiful actresses have used guile and good performance with good makeup to portray ugly women, a large metal puppet was used to great effect to portray the horse in the play War Horse, good makeup and costume goes a long way.

Their size doesn't exclude them from portraying a smaller character. There are plenty of terrible and fat cosplayers but there are just plain a lot of terrible cosplayers with awful costumes, wigs, and makeup who are unrecognizable both fat and skinny. And plenty more who might look ok but have no interest in giving any sort of roleplay performance. I actually find it more abhorrent to slut up a character than for a fat person to cosplay a thin character.

The thing about it all is that there are plenty of subpar cosplayers and you should just ignore them. Most mean well and do not deserve derision. If it weren't for bad cosplay there couldn't be good cosplay. And very few of us look as much like our fav characters as like a disney face or something. It is a hobby for fun.

>> No.8207763

>>8202546
This is the real issue, I believe. There's a huge difference between being chased by an angry mob, insulted, screamed at, or kicked out of conventions as opposed to not being approached/ hit on/ swooned over.

Fatties/unattractive cosplayers view no attention as negative attention, and this is simply not the case.

>> No.8207780

>>8207316
Oh, so if it's someone's first attempt at something, it's okay to suck at it? By that line of logic, every musician's first album should suck. Every director's first movie should suck. Every actor's first role should suck.

It's not wrong to feel an attachment to a character. You are misreading the posts. Portraying (or in her case, being PAID to portray) a character and failing completely has nothing to do with one's attachment to a fictional character. She looks nothing like Elektra.....the costume isn't even remotely accurate.

>> No.8207784

>>8207311
The issue is that we *do* skim them over and look at other, better cosplayers, and the ones that get skimmed over (for whatever reason: poor costume fabrication, lack of similarity, horrible body shape, etc) bitch a shit fit because we don't give them enough attention. They see being ignored as a form of harassment.

I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. They don't get hordes of rabid fans complimenting them and they hear it as verbal harassment.

>> No.8207796

>>8202658
"I walk a mile everyday."
See? That's one of the issues. That's only about 2,000 or so steps were really you should be walking somethig more like 5 miles.
"Eat nothing but fruits, veggies, while grains, nuts, fish and lean meats."
That's great! You're clearly onto a good start but many aiming a certain weight doesn't only equal quality but also quantity. If you're eating over 2,000 calories a day (even if it's healthy I mean there is a thing as overwieght vegetarians.) and barely moving then yes, you won't lose weight.

>> No.8207872
File: 1.49 MB, 2109x373, topkeke.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202460

>> No.8208132

cool, now i'm not allowed to be disgusted when obese fucks choose nasty, revealing cosplay. thanks for stifling my opinion to permafilter as hate. awesome. wow

>> No.8208140

You know what shit we'll see next? "cosplay has no price tag" to justfy shitty construction and materials so that people feel pressured to compliment shitty party city wigs because if we dont, we're somehow enabling a classist society, even though no one is forcing them to cosplay in the first place. Jesus, just take consequences for the choices you make like a fucking adult.

>> No.8208179

>>8208140
haha you nailed it!

>> No.8208627
File: 1.26 MB, 260x197, 1391708715007.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202460

>> No.8209389

>>8207784
Complaining that you aren't getting attention has nothing to do with the 'anyone can cosplay' argument. They're two different things.

>> No.8209409
File: 54 KB, 746x717, Fit_99b9ff_5404609.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202585
>Some people just can't lose weight no matter what they do
This is bait, right?

>> No.8210367
File: 221 KB, 227x199, ....gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know this thread is about bashing fatties, but you know what pisses me off more than entitled fatties? Entitled skinny people.

I'm naturally toothpick-thin with a family full of other toothpicks, and they are the biggest fucking hypocrites. They'll be like, "ew! fat people are such pigs they should lose some fucking weight and stop giving our country a bad rep teeheehee" and right afterwards they'll shove a whole sleeve of cookies in their mouths and wash it down with a 20-liter bottle of freaking Mountain Dew. Like fuck, you're not any less of a disgusting pig just because you happen to not gain weight.

>mfw we've lost three family members so far to heart disease, two being only in their 50's
>mfw two of us have type 2 diabetes
>mfw no one cares enough to change their diets because they think our skinny genes = automatically healthy

>> No.8210388

>>8207546
>implying women can easily get bulky muscles

>> No.8210407

>>8210367
My best friend is like this. Every morning for breakfast he eats a whole bag of Hershey drops and downs a bottle of Vanilla coke, and eats at least 3000 calories of pure shit everyday. No vegetables, no fruit, not anything with nutritional value. When we go out to eat he'll have a slice of cake with 1500 calories in it for dinner and a milkshake along side of it. Yet he's always making fun of fat people and saying they have nl self control when he's clearly worse than the majority of them.

And he has the nerve to do this right in front of me and our other friend, knowing that we're both trying our best to lose weight and that she has serious self esteem issues. I want to smack the shit out of him every time.

>> No.8210415

>>8210407
God damn, why are you even friends with this person? I hate being around lazy entitled fatties but that would drive me up the fucking wall.

>> No.8210437

>>8210415
He has a lot of redeeming qualities, and everyone has flaws. I've also been taking him in small doses as of late.

I'm just counting down the days until he starts developing health problems and all his hypocrisy bites him in the ass. It used to worry me but I'm pretty sure he deserves it, especially since we've tried giving him health advice over and over and he just blows it off.

>> No.8210461

>>8203262
pnumonia? Genuinley curious, is that a weight thing also? Most people shouldnt die from that, i thought...

>> No.8210467

>>8210461
pneumonia is just fluid in the lungs

That shit fucks you up hardcore.

I got it when I was in 8th grade. It seriously knocked me out for like 2 1/2 weeks. I would gas out getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

>> No.8210602

>>8202585
You know how I could tell you're insecure? You have to refer to different body types using slurs/insults and disorders. Acceptance goes both ways. Don't expect people to accept your weight when you can't accept others'.

>> No.8210621

>>8210602
It's bait, yo.

>> No.8211163

>>8210467
Oh god.
New fear aquired.

>> No.8211167

>>8210407
I really doubt he eats 3000 calories on any regular basis
people who are underweight tend to over estimate how much they ate or binge eat once a week.

>> No.8211170 [DELETED] 

>>82022886
If #cospositive can be a thing, can #coshygiene be a thing as well? Please?

>> No.8211173

>>8202286
If #cospositive can be a thing, can #coshygiene be a thing as well? Please?

>> No.8211180
File: 48 KB, 640x480, scruffy_second.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8211173

>> No.8211185

>>8203911
dem 501st dudes. also the sand people group

>> No.8211193

Fat acceptance?
Fuck fat accceptance.
I am fat myself and the last thing we need is a qay to get new ex uses not to change.
What really needsto stop is the bullying, shunning and himiliating behaviour of others.
Fat people often suffer severe depression or other mental illnesses and need help. If you hate fat people so much, help them change and don't make them feel even worse.
Every fat person who says to you that he or she likes being fat is straight up lieing.

>> No.8211204

>>8211193
I mean, youre saying "this would be a perfect world if this was a perfect world!"

We know what would make the world better anon, everyone does.
But thats means everyone has to make sacrifices.
Sacrifices most arent willing to make.
Soon we will have artificial life, and have no need for these worldly ideals, anon. Soon.

>> No.8211221

>>8210367

You're lying. Either to yourself, or to us.
If you're skinny, you eat less than you need or around maintenance. If you're fat, you eat more than you eat.

There's no magic pill, no "genetics", no "thyroid condition" that accounts for more than 6lbs in waterweight, no nothing. Just because you don't feel like eating more doesn't mean you're eating a lot.

>> No.8211238

>>8202460
literally loled

>> No.8211241

>>8202658
>and I go hiking once a month

Stopped there. Four times a week, exercise. That's what it takes. You can make it, fatty.

>> No.8211256

>>8211221
Actually there is.
I know a girl who CONSTANTLY drinks orange soda and chocolate milk, never water, and eats fast food in large amounts and i swear, she looks like a skeleton. She doesn't even have tits.

Genetics DO matter

>> No.8211257

>>8211193

Bullying shunning and humiliating is all good in small doses as long as you couple it with support. Otherwise fatties like you don't have a reason to change because everyone else is apparently having to pay your medical bills.

>> No.8211259

>>8210367

Im skinny as fuck, and it snot genetics. I tought it was, but once you start keeping check of your food intake, even if you "eat a lot" you soon find out that you basicly binge eat and then eat nothing for a shitlong time.

>> No.8211268

>>8211256

Orange soda i just checked has 255 kcal per half a liter. So a full liter bottle would ammount to ~500kcal

So unless she literally chugs down severall bottles of orange soda, per day she wont get fat from it. Soda is not bad because of the calories, its bad because all the calories and nutrition is pure shugar.

Chocolate milk on the other hand does have quite a few kcal, but noone ever drinks large ammounts of that unless you are a bulking bodybuilder.

>>8202658

My fat uncle started exercising 3 months ago. He lost around 20 kg. Its not fucking magic, he just fucking sticks to it. And he works out 4 times a fucking week and changed his diet.

Lean mean and whole grains and veggies do not substitute exercise, they just make it that your body recovers quicker from the exercise, has more energy across the day so you are not as fatigued, and are in generall more healthy. Also when he started working out, there were no real signs of progress for almost 2 months, then the weight loss started. The body needs to adjust to things. And most fatties stop before they get any results.

>> No.8211269

>>8211257
Do you feel motivated to improve yourself when basically everyone around you tells you what a worthless piece of shit you are?

>> No.8211272

>>8211259
This is my impression with my bf who wants to gain weight too. Doesn't matter if he eats a Mc donalds meal and drinks a liter of coke when he completely forgets to eat for the rest of the day.
However thyroid glands hyperfunction is still a thing one should get checked out for if counting calories doesn't add up.

>> No.8212365

>>8211269
Yeah but i am extremely masochistic and submissive, so that doesn't count I guess.

>> No.8212377

>>8211269
Not that anon I'd feel motivated to prove them wrong, tbh. I mean obviously tough love or harsh criticism doesn't work to motivate everyone, but neither does positive reinforcement. It really is just something that works on a case-by-case basis, and while positivity is generally encouraged, it might not always work.

I guess I just don't think it's fair to say "ooh you're not being nice that means it definitely isn't helpful" while also saying "being nice is always 100% helpful" because neither is true.

>> No.8212680
File: 148 KB, 850x1200, 1411631233527.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202889
>>8203000
Its fucking Kitana, not Katana, not Kantana, you fuckin casual pieces of shit.

Also I'm fat and I cosplay what I want because I can SO SURPRISE wear whatever I fuckin feel like. I dress for myself and to make me happy. Not for you. I'll agree that there are some costumes that don't look good on big gals, like Zero Suit Samus or like.... Felicia, but it's really none of your business what other people wear. Yeah, they should expect to be judged on what the wear, but if all you guys care about is outward appearance, you might want to reconsider your life values.

>> No.8212685

>>8212680
You sound really insecure about that. People who are secure in their choices don't need to scream to everyone about them.

>> No.8212697
File: 386 KB, 1184x1458, 1395971002565.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8212685
That sounds like some projection there, friendo. People who are secure in their choices should be confident enough to share.

>> No.8212782

>>8212680
This is a cosplay board, of course that's all people care about.

>> No.8212791
File: 171 KB, 500x338, idowhatiwant.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8212680

>> No.8212803

>>8211256
As long as she doesn't consume more calories in shit food than she expends, she won't gain weight. And she probably isn't devouring trash 24/7. Somebody eating a black coffee breakfast and two 700~ kcal fast food meals is still going to be better off than a twin who eats hot pockets and pop tarts all day.

>> No.8214190

>>8212680
Yes, you *can* cosplay anything you want. Nobody is stopping you. Nobody will kick you out of a convention because of your body type. We're not telling you that you *can't* cosplay whatever you like.

However, don't expect to get the same amount of attention that a physically fit person gets when they cosplay. Don't get upset if everybody ignores you and swarms the attractive people for photos. You've been warned.....

>> No.8214429

Don't pretend that fat hate has anything to do with their "lack of willpower" or "unhealthiness." It only has to do with how they look. You think fat people are ugly and you are angry that they will not change the way they look. You are angry that they cosplay characters that do not look like them. Be honest. I'm skinny and I eat tons of junk and don't exercise at all. I am skinny because of genetics. I don't work for my body but no one gives me shit about who I cosplay because the only thing that matters is how I look, not my health or willpower. This whole conversation about health and overeating is irrelevant.

>> No.8214447

>>8212680
stop eating so much fatty .

>> No.8214479

>>8202626
Wake me up when September ends.

>> No.8214482

>>8214429
I used to be a skeleton thinking exactly like you: "I can eat a bunch of junk food and still not gain weight, it must be genetics/metabolism." The truth was that I overestimated how much I actually ate and never went above the amount of calories required to actually gain weight. Realizing this, I was able to finally obtain a healthy bmi, something I had been unable to do before that.

>> No.8214539

>>8214429
It's worse when they try to justify it "But I'm concerned about their health"
Sure you are.

>> No.8214566

>>8214482
Ok, this may be true because I admit I undereat/binge eat out of laziness and I eat junk out of laziness (I refuse to cook). I hope to get my act together soon. My BMI is normal though and my doctor considers me healthy but in a decade if I keep this up it'll catch up to me. It may not be totally genetics but I had the same body as I do now when I exercised 6/7 days for track and ate more (if I didn't eat so much I would have starved). So what I'm saying is that when I became a lazy slob it didn't show outwardly through weight gain so I don't face the shit fat people do. Anyway, thanks for your comment because you're right. I don't eat enough. It's because I'm lazy. I need to fix it.

>> No.8214579

>>8202585
>Some people just can't lose weight no matter what they do, and if they DO manage to lose weight, 9/10 times they gain it right back.
Because they don't commit to a lifestyle change. If you commit to diet and exercise for 6 months you'll lose weight. If you then stop dieting and exercising you'll gain it back. Lots of people reach their goal weight/body and then stop the habits they've built up which is what causes to yo-yo effect

>> No.8214604

>>8214429

It kind of does. It's like when you're in high school you think it's cool to smoke weed and chill all day and it doesn't really matter what your career is cause no one wants to turn into their dad. And it really is fine for people to carry on like that, but I don't think anyone who goes to college and gets a decent job ever goes back to those friends still working a minimum wage job without a mild hint of disappointment like come on man, all ya had to do was study.

Same thing with fatties, I don't actively feel hatred, but I wish they would realize that it's such an easy thing to fix and stop pretending to be proud

>> No.8214838

>>8214429
>This whole conversation about health and overeating is irrelevant.

Well it IS unhealthy to be fat.
But you ARE right. No one here cares if fat people wanna be unhealthy. We just care because they are gross and we don't wanna see them. No one wants to see some 600 lb hambeast squeezed into a Sailor Moon costume.

>> No.8215772

I caught up with a guy the other day about this shit and he said that, as a fat guy, he was absolutely sick to death of hearing
>You can cosplay whatever you want you're fine just the way you are!
He wanted legitimate opinions, not a fucking hugbox.

>> No.8215797

>>8211269

Yes, actually.

More motivated to change than when everyone tells me I'm perfect just the way I am, in any case. Funny how that works.

>> No.8215810

>>8214838
And we most definitely don't want them to push pure, unrefined bullshit like "we're just as pretty and as healthy as anyone else".

Come the fuck on, fatties. We have eyes.

>> No.8216075
File: 746 KB, 1280x1433, 1395805790950.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8214190
It's not about attention. I don't even post pictures of my costumes unless they're requested. There are also plenty of attractive big people and plenty of ugly small people.

>>8214447
I'm a classically trained chef. Maybe if I cooked shit than I wouldn't want to clean my plate. not only that, but I am exercising and losing weight. It doesn't mean I'm going to stop enjoying myself.

>>8214604
>STOP BEING CONFIDENT BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL MORE INSECURE THAN I ALREADY AM WEH

>>8215810
Eyes cannot deduce most medical issues? what is this, the 1600's?

>>8215772
Characters like Salvador, Gumshoe, and Majin Buu in order of smallest to largest look best on bigger dudes.

>> No.8216088

>>8215772

I'm pretty big (wouldn't say FAT, but definitely bigger than average) and I'm sick of it too. When I ask for cosplay ideas, I get "You should do anyone you want!"

I just wanna know who would look good with my body type.

>> No.8216093

I actually took up going to the gym purely to get a better body for cosplaying.

I still don't grudge anyone who cosplays "out of their body type".

If they want to cosplay someone, they can go ahead. If their cosplay is good, I'll compliment them on it.

>> No.8216094

>>8216088
Are you comfortable with posting a selfie?

>> No.8216096

>>8216094

If this thread is still around later, I might. I need to shave first, I'm rocking the three-day hobo beard.

But for body type, I'm around 5'8, 190-ish lbs, kinda skinnyfat.

>> No.8216122

>>8216075

I'm just saying you're not pretty, fatty.

I can also see your face go all red and puffy from walking a single flight of stairs, let alone the groaning noise your knees make which is otherwise reserved for the timber of a barge caught in a gale.

>> No.8216131

Honestly don't give a shit tbh. Just don't get angry when I'm not giving you asspats for your cosplay when you look nothing like the character.

>> No.8216233
File: 199 KB, 599x987, tumblr_n7dh7gxn3G1rwixf9o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8216096
Sounds like 4chan!fat to me. Maybe doughy and out of shape. Also a manlet.

>>8216122
I live in a two story home and run up and down the stairs all day. Also, you can't have bad knees when working in a restaurant. Won't get anything done.

You're free to not consider me pretty, that's fine. But my opinion is that I'm pretty, and I don't need yours to validate myself. That's what self-confidence is. Not needing external feedback in order to accept ones self. I'd like to see what you look like, as well.

From your attitude, you sound like one of those bitches that's the ugly friend that pretty girls keep around to make themselves feel prettier. Like, maybe a 6/10 in a mousy but cute kind of way, but your friends are all 8/10 so you look like a solid 5/10 next to them.

>> No.8216440

>>8202585
>>8202635

everyone can lose wieght to a certian extent but with different body types it could be unhealthy or impossible to reach the ""perfectly"" skinny goal

but to try to be body positive while shamming another is just hilarious so while you have some good points you look like a fucking idiot

>> No.8216471

>>8202469
>its not like anyone is preventing them from cosplaying whatever, they just want to be told their cosplay is actually good

FUCKING THIS. Nobody is telling anyone that they can't cosplay because they're a fatty fat fat. They just want their asses kissed and told they're great even if their body type is nowhere near the original character.

>> No.8216488

>>8216440
You can't really "shame" someone for being skinny because that's what society views as beautiful. It'd be like shaming someone for being rich or successful.

>> No.8216494

>>8216488
shaming is just a word that whiny SJWs use to either justify or accuse bullying.
>waaah you don't like me, it's not cause i'm a whiny prat, you're fat shaming meeeee
>ooh i'm going to berate skinny people, but you can't shaaame skinny people even though i'm still bullying them~~

>> No.8216495

>>8216488
>You can't really "shame" someone for being skinny because that's what society views as beautiful.
Tell that to someone that's from a culture that views being bigger as more attractive. You absolutely can shame someone for being skinny.
>you look like a little boy!
>where's your tits/ass?
>no one would want to fuck you because they'd be afraid to break you

People have got to get out of the habit of claiming that you can't discriminate against someone because they're part of the majority or whatever. Making someone feel like shit is still making someone feel like shit, no matter how you word it.

>> No.8216509

>>8216494
I'm not a SJW and I'm not justifying anything. I'm saying that by "shaming" a skinny, rich, etc person you're basically complimenting them on being successful.

>>8216495
I'm pretty sure most of us here don't live in a culture where being big is seen as the standard of beauty. Can you name some of those cultures?

>> No.8216524

>>8216509
You've obviously never been a skinny person in your life.
I live in the US and I've heard all of >>8216495 this.
You're delusional if you think an underweight girl with small T&A is the ideal lol.

>> No.8216535

>>8216524
Idk, to be honest I've never gotten a ton of shit for being skinny. And when I did it was a few well meaning jabs. In a sea of praise and compliments on my size it's no big deal.

>> No.8216542

>>8216524
I'm not talking about people who are anorexic or have childlike proportions; I'm talking about what people see as "ideal," which is skinny but not underweight. However, I'd still say being underweight does not carry the same social stigma as being big.

>> No.8216582

>>8202997
Yeah like 10lbs not 100lbs.. The stupid is strong in these statements.

>> No.8216586
File: 63 KB, 500x385, 1422528137301.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202585
i would tap that so hard good lord

>> No.8216599

>>8216542
the 'ideal' is being skinny with huge titties and big hips and ass, which most skinny girls don't have. fat bitter bitches throwing comments to skinny girls for being 'sticks' or saying 'only dogs like bones' is the same kind of shit as calling someone a landwhale. neither are socially acceptable for any reason at all. but when you call one thing 'shaming' you act like it -is- socially acceptable. no one should be made fun of for any reason at all, but people are, and it's not different just cause one is a 'social norm' that's ridiculous. also, fucking rich people get shat on all the time for being lazy superficial cunts.

>> No.8216633

>>8216599
No one is ever going to achieve the perfect "ideal" but skinny girls with slightly smaller breasts and butts are still seen as close to it. Bigger people are not seen as anywhere near the ideal.

You can try and make fun of a rich person for being rich, but at the end of the day he's the one with the bags of money and you're not. Likewise you can try and make fun of a skinny person but at the end of the day she's the one who's seen as beautiful and you're not. What's going to happen if you do those things is that you'll appear as jealous.

>> No.8216661

>>8216633
Honestly, please don't use the "they're skinny so they have it better than me" excuse to make fun of skinny women. If you don't want someone to shit on your appearance, don't shit on someone else's.

Also, I've had heavier friends comment on my body out of jealousy(?) and honestly, it blows. I hate feeling like they're comparing themselves to me, or that I'm hurting them just for existing. This is why I avoided having overweight friends for a long time - they were always the ones to bring up weight, and it was always to make me feel like shit for not having as much of an appetite or looking like "a Barbie" (by their standards).

>> No.8216681

>>8216661
I do not make fun of skinny women. I am not saying they necessarily have it better than a bigger woman, but in regards to how their body is perceived by society they do have it better.

It sucks if you felt attacked for your weight, but I would try and take it as a compliment if I was made fun of for looking like the idealized version of beauty, a Barbie. Bigger people are constantly the target of ridicule (just look at this thread, and others, there are hardly as many threads trying to making fun of skinny people.)

>> No.8216682

>>8216661
>hurting them just for existing.
This! I have friends recovering from eds who comment on how skinny I am and how they wish they had my body. it's awful. I'm skinny because my health is shit but even if I weren't it'd still blow so hard.

>> No.8216695

>>8216681
No, it was definitely said with malice and it was more an accusation of me looking plastic and vapid. I don't speak to that person any more.

Also sorry, I didn't mean literally you, I just meant anyone who actually does try to use that as an excuse. They exist! While I get that fat people have it worse, them having it worse doesn't mean I should have to suck it up and accept them bitching me out. I don't comment on my overweight friends' eating habits, they should leave me and mine alone.

>>8216682
It's such a fucking guilt trip. Sorry I have a shitty appetite? Sorry my depression makes me lose the will to eat?

>> No.8216715

>>8216695
If they accused you of looking plastic and vapid, that's not good, but that has little to do with weight itself; bigger people can be plastic and vapid too.

I agree that if you don't want your friends to comment on your eating habits, they should respect that.

>>8216682
I don't really think this is comparable to when a bigger person is ridiculed for being too big.

>> No.8216728
File: 14 KB, 429x410, 1421803456810.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw this thread
i bet this is bait and everyone fell for it

>> No.8216778

>>8216728
of course it's bait, knockout.

>> No.8216871

>>8216440
>with different body types it could be unhealthy or impossible to reach the ""perfectly"" skinny goal
I'm 5'6" and my body seems to like resting in the 140-145 lb range while eating very healthy the majority of the time and biking 4 times a week + walking long distances 7 days a week. Does this mean I'll never weigh under 120 lbs and have the 19.0 BMI of my dreams? ): I've just started stepping up my game a bit with a more strict diet and exercise routine but I'll be really depressed if I don't make it to that point.

>> No.8216878
File: 70 KB, 810x780, 1337200126049.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8216728
HAES anon here. Since this thread is pretty much done with, I'll admit that I was baiting.

I didn't think this many people would fall for it.

>> No.8217649

>>8216599
>>8216542
>>8216509

Kim Kardashian
Nicki Minaj
Eve Mendes
J-Lo
Christina Hendricks

What are you talking about when you say skinny is "ideal"? The women I listed above are REALLY curvy.....

>> No.8219012
File: 45 KB, 486x409, batkek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8202460