[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 300 KB, 650x975, w651.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8132827 No.8132827 [Reply] [Original]

Do you cosplay for the love of the character or because you think that they look good/cute?

>> No.8132834

Love of a character and all the attention I get from it

>> No.8132873

A mixture of both. Girls it's usually because their outfit or hair is cute, or it's for a group. Guys it's because I genuinely love them. Most of the time.

>> No.8132876

If the outfit is cool and/or creative, sometimes out of love of the character if I feel like I can relate to it

>> No.8133059

I do it for the attention. I'm already incredibly attractive, but add to the fact that I cosplay mostly generic, big name characters that the fangirls can easily spot out, it gives me that much more attention.

Seriously, though. Anyone who is remotely good looking does it solely for the attention. No one does it for the love of the character, unless of course, you're ugly as sin. Hopefully your costume is top quality.

>> No.8133061
File: 36 KB, 625x626, d5c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8133066

Both. I try to pick people I'll look good as.

I cosplay stuff that's obscure as hell so it's very rarely for the attention, though of course attention is always nice.

>> No.8133169

Both. I don't cosplay characters I don't like, but I choose ones that I can portray well. It does narrow my choices a bit, but I don't mind. Helps make decisions a bit easier.

>> No.8133404

A mixture of both. I cosplay a character based on how many physical features we share (basically how well I think I can pull her off), and on how much I like the character.

>> No.8133817

mostly looks but I wouldn't cosplay a character I dislike

>> No.8134093

I have three criteria for a costume
>love of character or whatever they're from
>pretty design
>something I can pull off

>> No.8134100

I fall in love with a character and series, then pick my favorites and cosplay those. I

>> No.8134117
File: 478 KB, 450x256, Husky I WANT.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I usually pick from a series I like and go for a character I resemble. I wouldn't cosplay as someone I hated though, because looking at their faces for reference while making the costume would annoy me.

> if the character I choose is the love interest of my favourite character, all the better

>> No.8137056

Gona be love of the character/series first, then limited to what I can pull off (height/weight/etc). As someone who is large bodied and almost 6"5' (2 meters), I can't look good as some characters.

>> No.8137068

I just cosplay characters I really like and prefer to try and make myself resemble the character rather than pick a character I think I can pull off easily. I like the challenge and playing around with makeup.
I'll only agree to cosplay characters I don't care as much for if it's for a group with friends (tho I'll always watch the series first in case I don't know them. I once agreed to pair up with a friend from a series I didn't watch because it was basically closet cosplay and it was just for a photoshoot and it was super awkward, I had no idea what I was doing. No, reading the wiki page wasn't enough).
The difficulty of the costume is also something I look into, I have tons of characters with more complex costumes that I want to do but I'm saving for a later date because I'd rather take my time to learn and start with simpler costumes that I can make well. Then slowly step up my game.

>> No.8137248

If I like the series, I typically will pick the character who I like the design of the most and/or who's the most recognizable. If I'm doing a group I'm more likely to choose my obscure faves, since usually the more of us from the same series together means it's more likely that people will know who I am.

>> No.8141184

99% of the time I do it because I love the character design, but the love of series. For example, if there's a show I really like, I'd cosplay the character from that who looks most similar to me and has the best outfit/design, rather than the character that I personally like the most.

>> No.8144094

i used to just go for whatever i could pull off if i liked how they looked but one time i cosplayed lucas because i used to use him in smash, but someone wanted to talk about mother (i've never played a mother game) and i was pretty embarrassed, since then i have to watch or play what i cosplay from, sometimes its a good reason to start a game or show i might not have bothered watching otherwise

>> No.8145022

The one that makes me show off the more, who watches even anime anymore