[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 172 KB, 1000x750, P1010729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8097745 No.8097745 [Reply] [Original]

New skin care thread!

>> No.8097760

Anon who is trying out vitamins for acne here.
I am taking Zinc, Vitamin E & Vitamin C as suggested.
No big fat painful pimples any more, but I'm covered in those tiny little bumps still which look gross when highlighted with light, even on fully makeup covered skin.

Too soon to tell?

>> No.8097763

>>8097760

My Recommendations for Acne Removal is some sort of cream that uses salicylic acid.

>> No.8097778

>>8097763
Yeah I use Paula's Choice 2%.
Would love to stop them from the cause.

>> No.8097782

>>8097760

I take chromium (gtf) and noticed my skin is much clearer, perhaps you can try that as well.
Bonus is that it also controls appetite and lowers blood sugar.

>> No.8097784

>>8097782
Oh Chromium was one of those that I tested myself out for and found I was likely deficient in but forgot the name .. you rock anon.

>> No.8097790

>>8097784

Glad I could help!

>> No.8098026
File: 14 KB, 323x230, product.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it really worth the hype or am I better off continuing using my hands and a gua sha scrapper for massaging?

>> No.8098035

>>8098026
I'm sorry but I'm just gonna spare you all the trouble and come out and say it:
HA HA THAT LOOKS LIKE A COCK
YOU ARE MASSAGING YOUR FACE WITH SHINY BOLLOCKS
HA HA HA
Thank you, good night

>> No.8098098

>>8098035
Marry me, anon, your humor tickles my funny bone

>> No.8098340

Do any of you have any experience with lightening birth marks?

>> No.8098424

After a long run of my skin behaving on an adapaline/sulfur regimen, I got a big hard nodule/boil on my chin. Because I've got four months left on my parents' absurdly generous health plan, had a class cancelled, and the dermatologist had a spot open, I went into get a cortisone shot.

It was fast and almost painless. Went in, filled out the regular doctor paperwork. Dermatologist told me "your skin might abscess after; sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Still want to do this?" Because hyperpigmentation lasts forever (months and months) on me, I said yes. She left and came back about five minutes later with the shot. Had me lie down on the table, jabbed me with the needle (it hurt less than a regular shot and on par with sticking a needle in a zit), had me hold a cloth over the zit for a minute, sent me home.

Usually when I get this kind of zit, it hangs out under the skin for a week without coming to a head, sort-of disappears for a few weeks, then resurges bigger than ever and hangs out until I get drunk and unsuccessfully try to pop it and have hyperpigmentation for months. So if this zit is gone in 24-48 hours (like cortisone shots are supposed to do), it will totally be worth the $25 co-pay.

>> No.8098508

I'm following a skin care regime but my nose and chin have remained really flaky. I've tried using a scrub once or twice a week but it hasn't helped at all. I use emulsion, essence, cream and sleeping pack. Anyone have the same issue?

>> No.8098523

Any recommendations for wrinkles? I'm not even 24 yet but I have these wrinkles on my forehead that are just getting worse. Other than that my face is healthy looking and acne free. I moisturize daily and have a good skin care regime, just no idea what to do about these damn wrinkles. Looking for something not incredibly expensive.

>> No.8098561

>>8098508
If you're doing scrubs multiple times a week that could be it, you're probably doing it too much and it's drying your skin out. Just lay off it for a while and try to use some hydrating masks or a heavy moisturizing cream for when you sleep and it should get better.

>> No.8098579

>>8098523
Unless you are just dehydrated and not moisturized correctly, the only things I know for sure work for that besides ongoing Botox injections are strivectin (expensive) and retin-a (prescription) and spf 50 like its a religion.
If you think you might need more moisture, you could try a heavier moisturizer (with hyaluronic acid) and upping your water intake.

>> No.8098612

I pretty much only get pimples on my chin. I started doing a serious regime of cream cleanser, acne fighting moisturizer, and changing my pillow case. Anything special I should do about taking care of chin pimples specifically?

>> No.8098615

>>8098612
Spot treatment and chemical exfoliant? With chin pimples it's really easy to touch them without noticing, keep your hands off your face

>> No.8098732

>>8098561
I started the scrubs only recently! (2~3 weeks ago?) But the flaking problem has been with me since last year.

>> No.8098753

>>8098732
If heavy moisturizers don't work you should really consider going to see your dermatologist, it could be a hormonal imbalance or something beyond your skin care control.

>> No.8098814

>>8098612
Washing your comforter? I had a really bad breakout in my chin area a couple years back because I forgot to wash my comforter for a while and I always pull it up to my chin to cover everything until where I needed to breathe and the constant rubbing I guess gave me a horrible mess there. Nothing could make them go away (not even spot treatment) until I got a facial and the lady popped all of them for me (it was too closed & under the skin to do so myself). I don't scar easily on my face so I just did really good aftercare (keeping it clean and moisturized) and it healed up really well. Otherwise it might be hormonal.

>> No.8098826
File: 64 KB, 720x480, BGCE8-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Zinc anon from two threads ago, here.
I'm currently taking Zinc, Vitamin A & E, Borage Oil, and my dermatologist put me on Minocycline.
This is my second week on Minocycline, and after a few days of purging the shit out of my skin with some face masks, all my deep lying cysts finally came to head and my skin is currently healing up nicely. I'm hoping that in two weeks I'll be clear skinned (bar scarring) for the first time in months. Thank you, drugs and vitamins.

>> No.8098870

>>8098508
What are you scrubbing with?
I wouldn't use anything rougher than a wet $1 konjac sponge.

>> No.8098872

>>8098870
Ignore me

>> No.8098875

>>8097782
What does gtf mean

>> No.8098888

Does anyone know of alternatives to using cotton pads in your routine? I currently use them every day to apply toner, but I can't help but feel that there must be a way that's more cost efficient and better for the environment, (like a sponge or something??) but I'm at a loss.

>> No.8098960

>>8097760
can i ask what do you take specifically? I know nothing about vitamins so im not sure if its a brand? Also its not bad to take so many vitamins?

>> No.8099791

>>8098960
I don't care about brand, I got one from Cenovis, Blackmores, Natures Way . but I do buy ones not on special/discount because supposedly their shelf life affects the potency or something.

They are all their each own vitamin.
I use Cronometer to track my nutrition so I see if I go overboard. With Vitamin C it's hard to do, Vitamin E I know I lack severely in my diet because I don't have the luxury of eating heaps of fats and oils from sunflower seeds and rice bran oil, and when I read my Cronometer reading I lack zinc if I didn't get to eat much oysters and meat that week, so I take the pill form fine as long as I have enough copper to match.

Maybe check out what you lack in your average week and see if it's safe for you to take by using Crono or the Spark People tracker (they both track more than just your calories & macros for free) before you jump into anything.

>> No.8099807

>>8098888
Hands?

>> No.8099811

>>8099807
Not that anon but is it okay to apply toner with my hands? I feel dumb never having thought this was an option.

>> No.8099815

>>8099811
Only if your hands are clean and it also depends on your cleanser and toner. If you have a high pH cleanser and the toner is lower-pH or to balance your skin pH, then it may end up less effective as it will be toning your hands as well as your face particularly if you apply the cleanser with your hands. If the toner is just for moisture then it's not such a big deal.

>> No.8099817

>>8099815
Ah okay. Thank you!

>> No.8099890

how important is makeup remover or an oil cleanser in a regime? why isn't face wash enough for removing makeup and cleaning the face?

>> No.8099897

>>8099890
Cause it doesn't remove the makeup? If it did remove the makeup completely people wouldn't be bothering with special remover.

>> No.8099899

>>8099890
>>8099890
some face washes aren't strong enough to remove makeup and instead just smear them about.
oil is more effective for removing waterproof or heavy makeup and it's easier to forego makeup remover/oil when you haven't been wearing makeup than unnecessarily use a cleanser that may be too harsh on your skin every day.
There are cleansers that do a good job removing all or most makeup, though. Eucerin has some I think.

>> No.8099960

>>8099897
>>8099899
do you have any recs for an oil cleanser? i have oily skin so i was feeling adverse to smearing oil all over my face even though i know certain oils are non comedogenic

unrelated question:
is there noticeable difference between a $1 konjac sponge and a $5 or $10 one?

>> No.8099968

>>8099960
I don't know about oil cleanser but if you need something oil-based for removing makeup I use Lumene's waterproof eye makeup remover (for my whole face). It's gentle and doesn't burn my eyes.

>> No.8100197

>>8099815
original anon, I thought about using my hands, but my toner is very watery so i figured it would be difficult to apply/fall through my fingers as I poured it. I'm currently using a mixture of ACV and witch hazel as a toner, which I believe has a relatively low pH? And an Aveeno cleanser which I can't find the ingredients of bc I don't think they make it anymore (and I'm not at home so I can't check rn)

>> No.8100210
File: 13 KB, 306x226, 2523[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8097760
>tiny little bumps

Anon are they actually pimples or are they just bumps?

It might be keratosis pilaris which is a completely different, and unfortunately incurable issue. I have it really badly on my legs, mine get red and LOOK like acne sometimes, but it's actually little plugs of keratin blocking the skin (causing ingrown hairs, which is what gets irritated). Exfoliation and moisturization is all you can really do for it, or if your skin is resilient, Nair and similar products are designed to break down the keratin (what your hair is made of) so using it on the affected areas can help. I think they make special shit for sensitive areas, but always spot-test just in case.

Pic related.

>> No.8100215

My skin is generally really great, but I have this patch at the top of my nose/center forehead area that remains dry no matter what I do. All I do is scrub my face with a clean cloth in the shower, I use a facial scrub once or twice a month, usually only after long shifts at work where I'm all greasy, and I moisturize with almond oil. I don't get pimples very often (as I said, my skin is usually pretty great) so I tried putting extra oil on the dry patch before bed, and even that hasn't helped at all.

You can't tell that much usually, but when I put makeup on it looks like my skin is peeling off of my face. Is there anything I can try? I've never had issues before so I'm not really versed in skincare.

>> No.8100276

>>8099960
also regarding konjac sponges, what types do anons prefer? i ordered a charcoal one but i heard issues people had with those breaking down and getting on their skin and in their eyes.

how long does one usually last and what types are good?

>> No.8100283

>>8100210
I have this. can confirm that Nair helped the bumps on my legs, but was too late for the scarring. Also, lush's dark angel scrub helps a lot for face bumps.

>> No.8100322

So over the summer I started getting random pimples here and there mostly on my legs and a few on my arms but they appeared one at a time so I never had more that 1 body pimple at once. The only thing I can think of that caused it was a wax I tried out although my skin was fine until a while after but I introduced nothing new to my body care. I stopped using the wax just in case. Since it only appeared one at a time I didn't think much of it at first and just assumed it was random, I spot treated it and had to pop them when the head basically came up (idk what it's called...the white thing basically when ready to be popped). I never had body acne before. So this happened a good couple of times until they stopped showing up nbd. The problem is I had maybe like 2-4 on/around my knee area and those marks aren't really fading (the rest have pretty much faded by themselves). The color looks like tiny bruises and I'm not sure how to fade them? I'm really conscious of them because of how dark they are and I don't have much experience with post blemish fading.

>> No.8100356

>>8099960
Most anons seem to use the $1 ones. I've tried the $1 ones from eBay and a couple different ~$5 ones from Korea and personally I keep up with getting the $5 ones. They both work just fine but the Korean ones take a little less time to rehydrate and feel/stay softer after the first month. Plus I also have a thefaceshop locally so I can pretty much get it whenever instead of waiting a month.

>>8100276
I haven't noticed a difference tbh the white and black ones all work the same for me lol. idk what shoddy charcoal one those people ordered but no decent one should break down or leave a residue or any sort unless they've been using it for way too long I guess.

It's recommended to only be used up to 3 months but even after that time it doesn't break down. Should probably still chuck in case of bacteria and whatnot though.

So far out of all the ones I've tried I have to say that Innisfree's feels the most dense (more material maybe?). thefaceshops' charcoal one is super soft and is in a huge cute tear drop shape. Missha's are pretty standard. They all work more or less the same in the end though so I just see which brand is having a sale and I buy.

>> No.8100428

>>8097745
which sunscreen should i buy? i've heard how asian sunscreens are often superior in terms of going on nicely without looking greasy or white while still having really high spfs. pls recommendations

>> No.8100442

>>8100428
So far the ones I've tried:
>Hada Labo UV Moisture SPF50 PA++++
it gives me whiteheads but plenty of people seem to like it and it's praised a lot
>Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence Water Base SPF50 PA+++
This one stings my eyes a bit from the alcohol but otherwise it's perfect (and the stinging lasts for like a millisecond)
>Skinfood Aloe Triple Sun SPF50 PA+++
Smells delicious, very nice and creamy, 10/10

>> No.8100550

>>8100356
thanks. i bought the missha charcoal one for about $5 on ebay. i'll probably try and find a shop irl that sells them after this.
i wish my country had thefaceshop. they have locations in so many random countries, too.

>>8100442
thanks for the recs i just bought the skinfood one on ebay. god bless korea for cheap monitors and skin care.

i'm buying so much shit. so far i've bought
>etude house acne foam cleanser
>missha konjac
>etude house moistfull super collagen eye concentrate
>natural republic soothing % moisture aloe vera 92% soothing gel
>holika holika baby silky foot one shot peeling (linked by anon in previous thread)
>skin food black sugar scrub foam
>facial oil blotting papers
>korea italy towels
>thayers witch hazel astringent
>tea tree essential oil 100%
>paula's choice 2% BHA liquid

and just added
>skinfood black sugar cleansing oil
>skinfood aloe triple sun spf50 pa+++

>> No.8100583

>>8100550
>korea italy towels

For body only! Just in case.

>> No.8100595

>>8100583
yea, definitely wasn't gonna use for face
do you think they're safe for chest and boobs though?

>> No.8100720

Does putting apple cider vinegar on your face really help shrink pimples? Someone mentioned this to me, but wouldn't it really dry out your skin? And would it work on those pimples that are deep under the skin and don't have a head? Those are the only kind I get these days.

>> No.8100817

is 100% tea tree essential oil the same as the 100% tea tree oil you'd use for spot treatment?

this is what i ordered
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tea-Tree-Essential-Oil-100-Pure-10ml-/220953021273?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Natural_AlternativeTherapies&hash=item3371d38b59

>> No.8100830

Does anyone have any suggestions for something to use to help minimize acne scars?

>> No.8100841

>>8098340
I had laser ablation done on my face around September is, and it removes the birthmark but is really gnarly looking for a couple months. My skin no longer looks melted, which is nice, but I'm getting some light hyperpigmentation on it, but it's a huge confidence improver and totally changed the way my face looks. I had a 17mm raised brown birthmark on my right cheek and a small mole on my upper lip that are gone now

>> No.8100848

>>8100720
I use apple cider vinegr as a toner, and it's helped clear up my pimple a lot. If you use it you're going to have to dilute it though, as it's very harsh on its own and will dry out your skin. As a spot treatment, I'm not sure how it would work, but you HAVE to dilute it with something else (purified water works) if it's going on your face.

>>8100817
It's the same thing. Tea tree oil itself is an essential oil, it was likely put in the product title as a buzzword.

>> No.8100850

>>8098508
Do you double cleanse? Also try a gommage peel (the ones that are gel and then turn into tiny rolls of material and skin usually called a peeling gel) those two things helped out my flakes a lot, along with using a cream instead of an emulsion. What kind of serums are you using?

>> No.8100867

>>8100550
You can buy them at target now under that earth therapeutic brand. They also make a charcoal body sponge, which you can cut up for the face, its wonderful and dense, but I use a salux and Italy towels because I like bar soap.

>> No.8100872

>>8100595
Mine works on chest and boobs, but be careful what kind of soap you use, the Italy towel is fine, but combined with kojie San I got hives, only on my chest and boobs.

>> No.8101011

>>8100848
Thanks! Do you absolutely need the organic ones, or can I just use what I have in the pantry for cooking?

>> No.8101017

>>8100848
>It's the same thing. Tea tree oil itself is an essential oil, it was likely put in the product title as a buzzword.
thanks. that and the brand being marketed as weird hippie shit made me uncertain.

>>8100867
i dont have target here either, but thanks. next time i'm in america i'll pick up a lot of stuff

>>8100872
i didn't consider the type of soap. i thought you aren't supposed to use it with anything aside from water?

does anyone who uses tree tea oil have any suggestions for what to dilute it with?

>> No.8101018

>>8098026
It could seriously be a dildo

>> No.8101037

>>8101011
I've tried both the Heinz (standard) and Bragg (organic, raw, unfiltered) and personally I haven't seen a huge difference. But I've stuck with Bragg because if I'm putting stuff on my face, I'd rather put on something organic and pesticide free. Plus the "mother" in apple cider vinegar (the brown particles aka. the good stuff) can only be found in unfiltered versions. I'd say use what you have in your pantry as a test and if you don't have a bad reaction and want to continue using it, then purchase a bottle of the better grade stuff.

>> No.8101070

Is it okay to still use sunscreen when you're severely deficient in vitamin D?
I'm taking prescribed vitamin D pills but am unsure if it's okay for me to use sunscreen again. I really don't want to tan and I live in a really sunny place.

>> No.8101087

I just bought Skin Food's Peach Sake Toner and is it supposed to feel kind of astringent-y?

>> No.8101106

>>8099899
I use the sephora waterproof eye makeup remover on my eyes and yes to cucumbers lotion on my face. That lotion+clarisonic = soft, makeup-free skin. The bonus is that the lotion and makeup remover are pretty cheap.

>> No.8101121

>>8101070
You only need like...15 minutes in the sun for vitamin D if you're pale, and I think it's the UVB which is why you can't sit by a sunny window (pretty sure most windows block UVB). So yeah, I'd say use your sunscreen, but make sure you have some sun exposure without it on - like maybe apply it when you're outside already.

>> No.8101143

>>8101087
It's toner.
Yes.

>> No.8101151

>>8101017
I use bar soap to cleanse and then the Italy towel, if you don't use a more drying cleanser then you don't get as much skin off. Even in between the scrubbings, it was giving me hives on my neck and chest.

>> No.8101180

>>8100595
Yep but most "results" imo are on legs and arms. Also, shower for a bit first and let your skin soak in some water as it helps with rubbing the dead skin off. I use my normal body wash afterwards.

>> No.8101186

>>8101070
Ask your doc
>>8100830
Start using product high in vitamin e, it'll help a lot.
>>8100215
Try different types of oil to find the one that works the best. Olive, coconut etc - one of them will work for you better than the almond. You might also want to try using a thick lotion, just put some on your entire face once a day. There are plenty of good ones mentioned already.
>>8100197
If you plug the bottle with your finger and get that little bit on there, that should be enough for your face, if not, do it twice. I don't think I've ever used a thick toner in my life.
>>8099960
weirdly enough, I just use straight up mineral oil as an oil wash before using a foam wash right after. It's surprisingly effective.
>>8098523
You can also try different products. Mizon makes an amazing snail repair cream that obliterated my fine lines, it's done a fair job with my deep ones too. You could also stand to use a skin protectant if you live in cold weather, sunscreen erryday, and maybe get into the habit of reminding yourself not to frown too much. I carry tension in my brow, so you can imagine how bad it was before I started paying attention to it.

>> No.8101194

i want to use something with glycolic acid to help lighten my acne scars, but there's so many different product types containing it and with different percentages. what percentage should i use and what's the best way to use it in a routine?

>> No.8101198

>>8100197
Maybe see if you can get the toner into a little spray bottle? I have one that is like that

>> No.8101207

Any tips for getting rid of/covering up acne scars? I have a bunch on my forehead from when I used to pick at them a lot. All I do at the moment is just cover them up with foundation.

>> No.8101217

>>8101207
see
>>8101186

>> No.8101258

>>8101194
Depends what your skin will tolerate. For lightening, no more than 10% if you want an exfoliant/peel but you can go for higher percentages in creams. I'm currently trying a 15% glycolic acid night cream to lighten/fade some of my acne pigmentation and also help with current acne, but I'm reserving judgement because I've only been using it for 2 weeks.

In terms of where in your routine you use it, it will depend on what sort of product you want. For me, the night cream is the last product I apply to my T-zone and it comes after cleanse/tone/BHA peel (I have a different set of stuff for my cheeks/eye area)
I am still working out a routine for myself which will hopefully include some more antioxidants and anti-ageing stuff

>> No.8101283

I was told that using a toner causes your skin to age faster because it dries out the skin. Is this true?

I'm only 21 yet I'm starting to show signs of aging, I'm doing all I can to slow it down.

>> No.8101301

>>8101283
Not from personal experience but from google It says that if you use rosewater or other natural toners it won't. Or even just ones that don't have alcohol in them.

>> No.8101492

>>8098875
>Google that fool

>> No.8102025

>>8100848
I use ACV as a spot treatment, it works really well.

>> No.8102035

>>8101283
a lot of things will make your skin age faster if you do them carelessly. Astringent toners can dry out your skin. If you use astringent toners, exfoliants, and acne treatments without giving your skin layers of moisture back multiple times a day then yes, your skin will age faster. Skipping or skimping on moisturizer in general will make your skin age faster.

Question for the Korean skincare crowd, but also am/western brands if relevant: what is a good heavy/medium weight hardcore moisturizer (like a sleeping pack) that doesn't have a strong fragrance? A natural fragrance is alright but a lot of scents give my head the spins.

rn I'm using Nivea with lanolin because it was gentle enough for my face when I fried it three weeks ago. Unfortunately since getting myself back together and my routine in order I've been unable to use it because it constantly separates and refuses to spread nicely over my other products. (Even if I wait after applying my other products! it was giving me bumps so I guess I have to move it on anyway so whatever)

thank you seagulls!

>> No.8102037

>>8101283
also, wear 1/4 tsp of spf 40+ pa+++(+) everyday to help your skin with signs of aging. wearing a vitamin c serum will help as well, but I don't know a lot about those yet.

>> No.8102552

>>8102035
You should check out the popular Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX. It's a bit expensive but definitely worth it! And it lasts a long time since a little goes a long way.

>> No.8102628

>>8101198
Not the same poster, but man, that is a genius idea! Thanks anon!

>> No.8102754

>>8100215
i tried to use Noxzema like a mask after washing my face normally to clean out my nose sebaceous filaments a bit
it didnt work so well on the SFs but it did make the dry patches on my cheeks clear up so maybe you should try that

>> No.8102789

what's everyone's daily skin routines? I've never used makeup on my face nor stuff that are to care for the skin so i'm really stuck here

>> No.8102797

>>8102552
I've heard really good things about that sleeping pack, but I also heard that it was strongly fragranced. Do you find it strong smelling?

>> No.8102824

>>8102789
mine is REALLY long right now because I had a terrible reaction a few weeks ago and am still dealing with major dry skin fallout over it.
am
>rinse face
>(acv toner optional depending, if I feel oily or it's the Summer then I do it here as well)
>mizon snail recovery gel
>aloe vera gel
>clean and clear with salicylic acid
>mizon retuning starfish on my eyes, around my nose, and on my old pimple scar
>benton steam cream all over, but especially on dry spots and my forehead. love that matte finish (nearly out of my sample rip me)
>sunscreen (rn finishing up a really drying one that used to work for me, getting an aloe one in a few weeks)

pm
>remove makeup/sunscreen with whatever remover I feel like.
>wash with cetaphil or tea tree soap (yeah yeah don't use a bar of soap. I don't care.)
>tone with acv
>pc bha
>argan oil I'm testing out rn
>mizon snail gel
>aloe vera
>c&c
>starfish all over
>benton all over
>if particularly dry then finish with a layer of Nivea to seal it all in

So long, but my skin was so dry. I'm nearly back to par now though, and my scars have faded, likewise my fine lines have disappeared. Some small patches of dry skin though which sucks majorly. But pretty quick I'll be able to go back to my usual, shorter routine.

>> No.8102827

>>8102824
*and ofc a waiting period btw the bha and the rest of my routine. And before I fucked up my face I had a clay mask in there once a week.

>> No.8102829

>>8102824
i have no idea what all that means but thank you for the insight haha!!

>> No.8102835
File: 1.72 MB, 372x262, 1366484561148.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What should I do if I'm a brokeass college student? Can Korean skin care steps not be as intensive or expensive? What's the minimum amount of cheap stuff I can purchase to get the maximum effect?

>> No.8102846

>>8102835
Depends on what your skin's needs are. Do you have issues with dry skin, combination skin, oily skin, do you have acne problems? Are you worried about fine lines/ageing?

At bare minimum - cetaphil cleanser, a good moisturiser and sunblock during the day.

>> No.8103035

>>8102835
Korean products are actually not that expensive, but if you don't mind questioning your life choices the dollar store might actually have some decent options for you.
Stuff to look for:
100% aloe gel
beauty drops vitamin e oil
anything with lanolin or a derivative
Sometimes travel sizes of good brands are available, you just have to look

Eh things to keep in mind:
Check the expiration dates
Parabens are not actually a big deal
Mineral oil and glycerin errywhere- decent cheap stuff as long as you aren't allergic
Smell it first

Also, olive oil works, apple cider vinegar you can get for less than 5 buck a gallon is a good toner {dilute as needed} witch hazel is witch hazel is witch hazel, so don't pay more for the same product.

>> No.8103061

>>8102846
Combination I think. Mostly just hating my acne. I want to have smooth, nice looking skin...

>>8103035
Thank you for the tips!

>> No.8103149

>>8103035
>>8102846
This is great advice >>8102835 and I highly recommend you follow it. Honestly there are good inexpensive options, from samples to full sized products. Like if you have a strong dollar right now and like the sound of mizon products you could really sweep the roseroseshop sale + perm free shipping (tracking number cost tho).

I have my huge ass routine up there and honestly, I haven't spent more than 19$ CAD on a single product. It's still more expensive then it should be, but that's because I'm an idiot lol.

Cheaper moisturizers like oils and aloe vera can be very helpful for combo skin and really can be affordable. The mizon snail gel for example is around 5/6$ depending on your currency. and ofc, apple cider vinegar can be found cheaply. Chemical exfoliants are a bit problematic price wise, but there are options. Do you have any specific things you want in your routine? (mega moisture, pimple treatment etc?) and ofc it can never be said enough that the best and most affordable routine has a mix of products from the west and the east.

>> No.8103160

>>8102835
If you're a brokeass college kid just go for over the counter shit that you can get easily. ACV toner, witch hazel, a good over the counter cleanser, cetaphil moisturizer, etc. You don't actually need Korean skincare products to not break the bank.

>> No.8103162

Ok, I know a bunch of seagulls use lush stuff.
How do you keep them?
Like, I have my solid conditioner in a tupperware container to keep it from melting in the shower, and I just bought a new soap, but like, is there a particular soap box that works for them?

>> No.8103177

>>8102835
Piggybacking what do if I'm a brokeass and I want the basic foundations to improve my skin wearable for cosplay/makeup? I have dry ashy skin and peach fuzz.

>> No.8103209

>>8103149
eopenmarket.com is a ood one for deals on Korean skincare. Just a heads up. They will also send you samples and a coupon with every pretty much every order.

>> No.8103210

>>8103177
Please read the thread before you post. Hell, read the responses to the post you're piggybacking on. Sheesh. I'm not helping you since you're a dumbass.

>> No.8103213

Do any of you gulls have luck with homemade shit? I have serious allergies and there are very few products I can use, but I just made an exfoliating mask with green tea, sugar, honey, and apple cider vinegar, then washed it off and applied regular moisturizer. My skin feels awesome and there's no redness at all.

I'm thinking of continuing to use my dull ass Free & Clear shampoo but make my own conditioners, cleansers, and masks. I have a ton of leftover mason jars in my cabinet that I can store them in.

Oh, and if anyone has any recipes for diy stuff please share it with me!

>> No.8103218

>>8103210
I already read them. Not of them said anything about peach fuzz/dry skin or sensitive skin.

Get that sand out of your vagina.

>> No.8103222

>>8103218
Then you should know wtf you ought to be getting. Please save your salt for your popcorn. Thank you.

>> No.8103224

>>8103222
>>8103213

>Salty
>But you keep responding to me

Lol sure whatever makes you sleep at night.

>> No.8103228

>>8103213
I've only really ever made body exfoliants and toners but I remember a past anon talking about their moisturizer. It was like vitamin e oil mixed with shea, and some other stuff? It's a great idea, and very commonly done with vitamin c serums, oil cleansers and moisturizers, and exfoliants. Please be careful with using a sugar exfoliant on your face though, because while it feels nice in the short term it can cause damage in the long term. Sugar can be a very harsh exfoliant and should be used with caution.

The only thing I've never heard of people making is sunscreen! I'll keep my eye out for recipes to link you too!

>>8103209
I'd never heard of that site before, thank you very much for sharing!

>> No.8103229
File: 122 KB, 640x480, nicenice.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8103213
Ha, we use the same mask. I was looking for more uses for my ACV and googled it. We probably found it on the same page too

>> No.8103232

>>8103218
Beginners guide to getting bent:

Wtf peach fuzz. You mean facial hair? Nair.
Dry skin= lotions, oils, masks and packs, literally everything, avoid alcohol additives
Sensitive= test shit out before you cover your face in it, use shit like placenta, avocado, honey
Sunscreen. Always.
Now gtfo.

>> No.8103233

>>8103228
You're very welcome! Thanks for sharing rose!

>> No.8103236

>>8102835
What >>8103035 said about dollar stores. If there's a dollarama near you, usually they'll have name brands for $2-3, either because it's a new product or they're getting rid of a discontinued line. More than half of my hair care routine is from there because of this.

>> No.8103239

>>8103232
>nair
>on face
nah son

>> No.8103241

>>8103213
coffee grounds are also good as an under eye treatment for puffiness and discoloration.

>> No.8103244

>>8103239
Nair makes shit for faces, sensitive skin even.
If they're gonna appeal to menopausal couchbags, it is mandatory they carry a product that eliminates face pubes.

>> No.8103247

>>8103229
It was this site wasn't it
http://www.top10homeremedies.com/diy-homemade/top-3-diy-homemade-acne-face-masks.html

>>8103228
Thanks for the tips! Yeah I was trying not to over scrub my skin with the sugar because it did feel pretty harsh even with light scrubbing. I probably won't use this mask more than once a week though, I need to find a good mask I can use more frequently cuz I love masks.

>>8103224
Why did you respond to my post though?

>> No.8103250

>>8103218
For peach fuzz people rec epistick and stuff but I found it hard to use tbh! There are sensitive waxes that I haven't tried yet so can't really rec.

As for dry /sensitive- do you know what you're sensitive to? Testerkorea is great for samples if you'd like to do some trial and error to figure out some triggers for your skin (if you don't already know). Otherwise, layering moisture is your best bet. Thin to thick is the best way and ending with a product that seals moisture in is really useful! I posted my routine and replies unthread so I won't bore you with my recs. Steam creams are highly recommended, as I've been finding out with my frantic search for an unscented sleeping pack. Oils have a HUGE following as well but are really complicated and need to be patch tested as fuck haha.

>>8103177
tbh peach fuzz isn't really that noticeable generally. I find that a well made foundation won't sit on them, but the makeup thread (if it ever stops wanking about perfume) may have more details. I've had luck with mizon snail bb (very pale and hard to spread though), pür minerals powder foundation a few years back, quo liquid foundation another few years back, and a few tinted moisturizers have worked well for me. I haven't used any real medium to high coverage products so I'm afraid I can't really speak for ones that won't sit on fuzz.

Moisture (and potentially an aha if you feel comfy with that) will help your dry skin though.

>> No.8103255

>>8103250
Just a note, I own the Mizon bb cream, and you pretty much need a primer and a full set of moisture layers unless you want to waste it. Extensive use of the pat method too, as it will pill if you rub it.

>> No.8103259

>>8103247
hop on the peeling gel train maybe, or skulk around for some super gentle exfoliants. also chemical exfoliants/ahas can really work on flakes. that sugar mask is from that YouTube video with that qt asian chick right? def keep that to once a week at most. even konjac sponges and a microfibre washcloth will be a bit gentler (plus they're reusable and generally very cheap!)

>> No.8103261

>>8103247
The troll misfired maybe?

>>8103250
Not the same anon but I'm allergic to whatever is in wax paper that they do for waxing. Same anon who posted in a previous thread about using wax paper for the legs on the face.

>> No.8103262

>>8103255
Agreed totally. I do quite like it though, even with its quirks. Next though I think I'd like to try missha's perfect cover, I have some étude house bb samples to look at first.

>> No.8103265

>>8103261
Scary! Do you think sugaring would work for you? I've heard good things about sugaring, but honestly I've been to lazy to really mess with my peach fuzz right now.

>> No.8103269

>>8103241
Do you mix it with something or just rub it on your face?

>> No.8103279

>>8103265
I never tried it actually but I've read in previous threads about it. I'm really too lazy to do anything about my peach fuzz. My biggest concern is using foundation and it looks off.

>> No.8103290

>>8103262
If you feel like it, do a review in whatever skin thread is up.
>>8103269
You'd be using it as is right after you've brewed your coffee, so mixing it with anything is up to you. You could dab a little honey there to keep it in place better and get a little extra benefit.
Also, since you need so much sensitive skin stuff, have you tried placenta? It can be found pretty cheap in drug stores as an ethnic hair fixer.
Btw...I swear I'm not just trying to make you smear shit all over your face for laughs.
Promise.
side note, honey is really good for your skin, any good recommendations for products with it?

>> No.8103477

>>8103247
>http://www.top10homeremedies.com/diy-homemade/top-3-diy-homemade-acne-face-masks.html

Yup, that's the site. Small world. I try not to use this mask too often either though, maybe 2-3 times a month? I'm looking into konjac sponges/microfiber washcloths like >>8103259
mentioned. I like the idea of the konjac sponge, but I'm still a bit wigged out by the thought of bacteria.

>> No.8103491

>>8103477
You could always put your sponge in the microwave. 2 min for maximum germ control. Don't forget to put in a dish of water, otherwise you're burn down your house.

>> No.8103496

>>8098888
Try a beauty Blender! Thats what i use and it works great and lasts forever.

Btw, what toner do you use? Have you noticed and big changes? I bought my first bottle 2 months ago and I think my complexion improved slightly?

>> No.8103581

is it true or false that those with dark skin, (black in my case) have to have different kinds of care and treatment? If so, what should I be looking out for that's diffrent for products meant for light skin? If not, then I should be good with generally anything in this thread, right?

>> No.8103585

I just got the Tonymoly 94.5% First Essenece, Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule and a shit ton of sheet masks. The pores on my nose already look smaller.

>> No.8103653

>>8103581
Be wary of a number of chemical exfoliants, bha should be okay, idk about ahas, but vitamin c ones can and often do cause discolouration! Watch out for certain physical and combo sunscreens as they may have a huge white cast that fucking sucks and throws off your balance. Otherwise everything should be the same as it's more about the condition of your skin rather than your melanin content. Please do look up the exfoliants though, I would really hate for someone to wreck their face when they're just trying to do what others are rec'ing. (Your best bet for posts on that may be leddit, but a good google will give you some articles by people way more aware and together than I am!)

Also! Most "whitening" products are designed for brightening/lightening scars BUT!!! take a careful look at what actives they're using to achieve that effect! Again, you don't want to get any discolouration from a stupid product being poorly labeled. Be safe!
>skincare is a big deal to me rn
>people wanting to improve their skin and getting fucked by a product huts me right in the feels
>tfw you become your grandma

>> No.8103687

>>8103653
Your gran must have been a nice lady. At least in that regard.

>> No.8103694

>>8103581
The only cautionary stuff I've seen was toward aggressive treatment that could cause keloid scars and other permanent scars. Other than that, maybe winter precautions because black skin runs on a different dehydration schedule than white skin (because you produce less oil and your hair needs that oil especially).

Regarding things to look out for in White/Asian makeup, anything that is actually proven to lighten skin. Like hydroquinone. It can be carcinogenic and do other nasty stuff. Most of the other stuff works by shedding dead skin or making your skin brighter (lighting properties). Other than that, skin is skin and for the most part doesn't act special or different.

>> No.8103714

>>8103653
Thanks for the info. I don't want to whiten my skin, but do have a few dark spots. Do lighters know what spots to fix or do you apply only to those spots?

I've also started egg/honey/gelatin face mask. Should I moisturize afterward or is the honey enough? My skin feels soft and tight afterward so I don't think so? But asking just incase.

>>8103694
> winter precautions
what kind? Does it dry out more or less during winter?

>> No.8103716

Question about combination skin; my forehead gets oily, my cheeks are dry but get acne, and my nose sweats more than any other part. Do I apply a diffrent product to each area?

>> No.8103740 [DELETED] 
File: 49 KB, 803x688, well meme'd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8103716

>> No.8103791

>>8097745
Anybody know of something good for dark circles under eyes?

>> No.8104027

>>8103496
I mentioned here >>8100848 I use a homemade toner. I really like it so far, it's definitely made a difference; I have less redness and less pimples in general, and my face feels less oily. I've been using it for about a month and a bit and it's been one of the most successful things I've used. I'm a huge fan of ACV now lol

>>8103491
I've heard that too but I haven to ask, how often? Once a week? After every use? I really want to try one now, but I'm anxious about... doing it right, I guess?

>> No.8104035

>>8104027
Sorry, I should've pointed you to this post >>8100197 because it says the ingredients I actually use. I also add in a few drops of tea tree oil for redness.

>> No.8104132
File: 130 KB, 800x800, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do peels and microdermabrasion and such work on non-acne scars? I have some scars like pic related that I want to flatten. Mederma and an Italy towel haven't worked.

>> No.8104170

>>8104132
Try a TCA peels. It worked great for mine!

>> No.8104188

>>8098508
I have the same problem. Try not scrubbing as much as you would and use heavy moisturizer. I use philosophy's hope in a jar night cream. It's pretty expensive but it's sooooo worth it. I have three scrubs, one is Yu-Be's foaming skin polish, it's a harsh scrub so I use it 1-2 times a week. Second I have philosopy's microdelivery scrub, this one is lighter, so I use it about every other day. And lastly, I have philsophy's purity which I use every day when I'm not using a scrub. Make sure to moisturize about twice a day.

If all of that doesn't work, it might be because
1. You're using a makeup that doesn't fit your skin type, try moisturizers, foundations, and primers for your skin type (if you want me to recommend some I have a pretty big list of makeup good for dry skin types)
2. You're using salicylic acid and should be using another type of acne cream (I forgot what an anon told me on here what it was called) (tbh I use philosophy's clear days ahead salicylic acid pads and they normally don't damage my skins moisture too badly)
3. Maybe there's a problem with your environment. I've had good results using a humidifier in my room. Try putting a wet warm rag on your face if you don't want to buy a humidifier.

Sorry this post is long and boring.. I know your pain.

Oh and I guess a tip would be to use face masks? I put one on maybe 2-4 times a month. I don't recomend the sephora brand ones (they work but not as well as cheaper brands (I can't remember the brand name but you can get them at any drugstore)

>> No.8104240

>>8103714
hmm it depends on the product, but many do work as just a spot treatment. Some are exfoliants or all over brighteners though. And you probably won't come across any actual skin whiteners in your regular browsing, but I do believe that aha and related products can cause hyper pigmentation and damage to your skin. There is an aha acid that won't but I haven't done enough reading to confirm/deny rn. Later I'll do some more reading, gotta go to work and school first though haha!

And I'd moisturize after any mask, even if it is a moisturizing one, simply because most masks offer a smalle boost of moisture rather than a really big one! You can use a light moisturizer after if you feel like a medium or heavy one would be too much. (and I've heard that honey is actually good for lightening acne scars so double bonus. idk if that's legit though!)

>>8103716
not to the extent where you have three different mini routines, just put more or even another moisturizer on your cheeks and powder your nose more carefully or often. you don't have to worry about doing anything too crazy or whatever. oily skin benefits from moisturizer too so really it's all good. as for acne, it depends on your skin. do you have an idea what make you breakout (for me fatty alcohol is 50%, and hormones are the other 50%)?

>> No.8104765

>>8103716
R u me

>>8100210
Sorry I took ages to reply, my 4chan app was buggy

I don't know if they are. But they do go away if I exfoliate with a sponge a lot, but then they come back..
I get these red sort-of-pimples on my arms and thighs too.
I wonder if my BHA is what's causing the clear coloured bumps? Because of the excessive keratin issue? Because with my BHA I just apply it and let it go overnight, and somehow it exfoliates my face - so where do the exfoliated bits go?

>> No.8104824

I have recurring blackheads on my nose and whiteheads around my forehead, I can make them less perceptible by exfoliating thrice a week and squeezing 'em out every now and again, but I keep wondering, is there a more efficient/permanent treatment out there?

>> No.8104859

>>8100322
Anyone? Will straight up vitamin e oil help?

>> No.8104860

>>8104132
I used a TCA like >>8104170
They're still there but much lighter but still there. Mine are indented not kelloid though so it might be different

>> No.8104878

>>8104859
That doesn't sound like any kind of pimple that I've ever had experience with. If you can, please see a dermatologist. The colour of your pimples is especially worrisome, stop everything, and maybe even look at your laundry detergent and eating habits. What has changed from before this to after? (even a big hormonal change like going off or on to birth control pills could potentially be a factor!)

I'm worried about you anon, that sounds really spooky and it needs to be looked at by someone with way more cred behind their name than any random seagull on here!

>> No.8104903

>>8100322
Just use the same lightening stuff you would on your face for scars, plus a good moisturiser

>> No.8104911

I have rosacea and mild acne.
When I use things (natural since anything chemical is ffff) for acne, it makes my rosacea super angry. If I try to use anything for my rosacea, they make my face break out.

Anything good for both? I can't seem to win.

>> No.8104965

>>8104878
I guess I didn't explain really well, but they have actually stopped. What's left is the scar (post-pimple) that are left on my knees. Nothing changed minus the wax I mentioned which I had stopped. No birth control used.

Once again, they have stopped popping up. What I'm worried about is fading the scar. My acne scars on face and any part on the rest of the body usually fade by themselves naturally, it's just the ones on the knees that aren't going anywhere.

>> No.8105138

>call dermatologist office today to book appointment
>sorry but you need doctors recommendation!
Fuck damn this, I know I got acne, I don't need a doctor to confirm it.

Last year I went to them (I was 20) and they said it was just hormones and it will go away.
>I drink 2.5 L a day
>wash my face twice a day
>pH balance with toner
> change pillowcases AND sleep on a fresh towel (but holy shit get this, I'm a back sleeper)
> completely cut out dairy
>watch my sugar intake (bread, sauces, chocolate, etc fuck if I have chocolate cravings I just drink plain cocoa powder with water)
>take vitamins
>no hair touches my face, never even touch my face except for washes, am not stressed (easy job)
> drink green tea
>tried birth control pills (the only thing a doctor prescribed me with)
>no caffeine except for the tea and chocolate
>Went cold turkey on chocolate for two weeks with no change
>no hot showers
>salyclic acid, benzoil peroxide, mud masks, almost everything

Fuck this shit. I had acne since I was 12, my first at 10. Peaked in high school but nothing changed this I was 18, when I started getting serious and drinking more water/cutting sugar etc.

>> No.8105177

>>8104965
No no I'm just shit at reading, I'd blame being on mobile but I'm just one of those people who reads the first and last word haha. Sorry about that!!

Fading pih on your body is similar to your face, but you can also use rougher physical because your knees are sturdy! Peels, ahas, vit c, and/products with niacinamide or other actives like that will help fade your pimple marks.

>> No.8105310

>>8105177
Any particular product rec in particular? I've been looking into mizon and cosrx aha and bha stuff and ost's vit c but wasn't planning to get it all at once. Don't know much about specific products for peels and niacinamide. Is there one product you think would be good to use for now?

>> No.8105336

>>8105310
hmm I've heard really good things about all of those products. The vit c I think is the best and fastest for lightening scars, but the quick expiry is a bit off putting. I'd probably start with that one though.

other products with niacinamide and/or arbutin (pally after a lengthy wait period as use after c/bhas can cause a nasty reaction!:
>mizon returning starfish (bonus- cool texture and p perfumed, which is better for body then face imho)
>Benton steam cream (I'm crazy about this right now, more for my face though, but it's fairly cheap so)
>Benton essence (snail bee)
>misha fte (bit expensive for body tho, but packs a punch!)
>missha night repair ampoule (ditto)
>cerave pm (4% niacinamide and often on sale! doesn't play nice with other products often tho apparently. pills up and shit, but works!)
>hada labo whitening toner/lotion (arbutin)
>some secret key stuff (be careful tho bc some is straight up for bleaching your skin, gross and unsafe imho)
>pc body products (expensive but well formulated and very unlikely to cause a breakout, also quick + easy access to samples)
>many places do bulk high percentage serums for niacinamide, gylcolic acid, vit c/l-aa, and even liquorice extract. (this may be the smartest and most affordable option for body acne scars! Needs careful research and planning tho, or at least I would bc I'm a huge chicken!!!)
>sunscreen (for real, sun exposure will cause a scar to last SO MUCH LONGER! I didn't figure that out til recently, don't be me anon)

Sorry that isn't very clear or well explained. I've only used the starfish, the steam cream, and a few samples of pc ahas.

>> No.8105340

>>8105336
*apply, autocorrect is very helpful as you can tell.

>> No.8105353

Is sunscreen necessary in the winter?

It's in the upper 20's to low 30's at the warmest here right now and hasn't been particularly sunny. I always wear sunscreen in the spring, summer, and early fall even on cloudy days but skip it during cold months

>> No.8105374

>>8105336
Thanks for the list anon! I've actually heard of everything on the list before but didn't know that so many of them were good for fading scars. Since I have the missha ampoule samples on hand I guess I'll try that out first. I was going to go pick up a cerave cleanser to try anyways so if they have the pm there I'll pick it up as well (I don't think pilling on my knees will be a problem since I won't be piling on products lol).

Any benton/mizon/cosrx will be a while until I next order since I've bought way too much stuff in the past few months. Although I really want to try some bha products asap. Unless there's a crazy sale because if so, rip bank account.

Don't worry anon, it's the dead of winter here I ain't going anywhere with my legs exposed anytime soon. My skin's also pretty sensitive to the sun so I have pretty good sunscreen habits in general.

>> No.8105467

>>8105374
Not that anon, but the cerave is a moisturizer. You will need to use a toner or a cleanser to get the ph of your skin to a correct range to exfoliate.

>> No.8105471

>>8105353
yea, mb not the pa++++ spf50 plus, but a good sunscreen is necessary to fight aging. if you wear a full face mask then you can skip it I guess with no harm

>> No.8105878

>>8105467
Oh I realize that, I mean use the cleanser (that I was already planning on getting) first and then use the pm. How low does the ph need to be? Will using the cleanser (ph 5-5.5) then letting it dry naturally be sufficient? I've read that people use a toner to lower the ph because their skin gets too dry for the wait or they just don't want to wait so they use the toner right away to save time. I think my knee has pretty normal skin (as oppose to dry) so I can wait.

>> No.8105945

>use italy towel
>not getting any gunk like you're supposed to
>it just really really hurts

??

>> No.8106022

>>8105945
are you prepping enough? i read you're supposed to soak in hot water or take a long steamy shower for a while first. and if you exfoliate otherwise you could just not have much dead skin there
and since it hurts maybe you press too hard? you're supposed to press lightly but scrub the area for while. sorry if you had already been doing all this

>> No.8106392

>>8105138
Your dermatologist sounds super shitty. I never went on birth control, I take antibiotics to help with mine. Also drink apple cider vinegar.
No I'm not joking, google "drinking apple cider vinegar for acne" this shit is like liquid gold.

>> No.8106395

>>8106392
sry, cont'd. I take antibiotics because my derm did bloodwork before she put me on anything and concluded it's not a hormone problem. But definitely start drinking ACV

>> No.8106430

>>8105138
Why don't you try PocketDerm? It's a remote dermatologist who prescribes you custom-made prescription acne medication based on photo consultations. $20/mo with as many consults and shipments of drugs as you need. I've been doing it for 2 months and I have to admit I love the cream they send me and my skin texture has improved wildly.

>> No.8106645

whats the best way to start using apple cider vinegar for my acne? i already have a lot of products in my routine so i'm not sure where to fit in it.

is it best under a moisturizer or after, and do you leave it on? what should i mix it with?

>> No.8106649

>>8106645
As a toner

>> No.8106653

>>8106649
not diluted?

>> No.8106654

>>8106395
isn't that bad for your teeth?

>> No.8106665

>>8106653
Depends on your skin. I can use tea tree oil and acv undiluted on my t-zone without anything happening but they also don't help my acne at all, most people dilute to half strength in filtered water I think or mix it with other stuff.

>> No.8106675

>>8106645
I use a tiny amount as spot cleaner and mix it in my bentonite clay masks. I haven't used it as a toner, but I would spot test in case it burns you.

>> No.8106699

>>8103247
>looks at homemade masks
>using sugar for a face scrub
>recommending following up with lemon juice

>>8106654
dilute it, it can be rough on your esophagus as well. Some people add like 1 tbsp to a bottle of water, I can't stand drinking it for that long and it tastes awful to me, so I do 1 tbsp of water and ACV in a shot glass and, uh, shoot it.

>> No.8106707

>>8106654
I put a tablespoon in a glass of water and add raw honey. I like the taste and always rinse after.

>> No.8106765
File: 68 KB, 339x470, haul.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just bought these things, though I'm interested to hear anons views on these products if you've tried them before.

I'd be happy to review them when they arrive as well.

>> No.8106811

I have a 7% AHA product that does absolutely nothing. Is that concentration just too low to do anything?

>> No.8106815

>>8106654
No, you dilute it. You drink like a tablespoon per 8oz glass of water or something. Also there's some sort of ACV teeth whitening method?

But yeah, I put a tablespoon in a glass of water, but I don't add honey like the other anon. I like the vinegary taste.

>> No.8106890
File: 149 KB, 1300x1385, Untitled-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have suffered from horrible acne since hitting puberty (large horrible zits sitting on my nose and chin were the worst). It has taken me 10 years to finally find a routine that works for me.
I haven't had any issues with acne since starting this skin routine about 2 months ago, little blemishes here and there.
Plus, drink lots of water.
I stopped drinking sugar filled drinks and my skin has gotten so much better.

>> No.8106906

>>8100210
>keratosis pilaris

I think that's what I've had since as long as I can remember. They're a ton of tiny flesh colored bumps that cover my entire nose and spread down a bit to under my eyes.
I fucking hate it because it makes the texture of my face look so rough.

>> No.8106938

>>8106890
>I stopped drinking sugar filled drinks and my skin has gotten so much better.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and she said that her dermatologist actually said that she'd stop having acne if she stopped drinking sugar filled drinks like Boba and once she did, she stopped having those issues.

What exactly is the basis behind this? Does sugar really cause acne or is it just placebo?

Also, I bought a sleep mask from Nature Republic yesterday since someone here in /cgl/ said that snail extract is good with dealing with acne scars, what other brands are good to go for? I'm hoping for something cheaper since the sleep mask was like $34.99 while the skin booster was for $50.

>> No.8106943

>>8106938
no one answer this.

>> No.8106948

>>8106938
It has to do with blood sugar spikes that affect insulin and IGF-1 hormone, these hormones then cause inflammation and makes you segregate more androgens.

Androgens are the cause of acne, hirsutism and male pattern baldness.

Women with PCOS have insulin resistance (have to produce more of this hormone) that is why they have acne and hirsutism.

Spironolactone blocks the androgen receptors in the body that is why it is a good treatment for hormonal acne.

http://www.acneeinstein.com/study-acne-insulin-resistance/

>> No.8106961

>>8106948
Ahh, I see. I never thought there was a connection between sugar and acne before I read this, I always assumed it was because of oil.

>> No.8106971

>>8106948
>tfw hypoglycemic and no acne ever

>> No.8106972

>>8106890
I've heard Cetaphil is good before, but it looks so basic and I can't help but think that "gentle" = wont clean skin well enough.
Do you find that it cleans really well, or is it that you don't need a really good cleanser because of the other products that you use?

>> No.8106980

>>8106972
You can take his/her word on Cetaphil, it's basically the best face product I've ever used. I have a very oily skin and 2 washes a day(after waking up and before going to sleep) deals with that. These days I barely even get acne issues, the only one I'm trying to focus on right now is dealing with acne scars.

>> No.8107007

> Tfw you get two or three pustules each week, no matter what you do.

At a loss. I can successfully treat it within a day or two, but I can't figure out how to prevent it.

>> No.8107076

>>8106972
Imo my cleanser needs to be the most gentle bit because stripping everything off oily acne prone skin is about the worst thing you can do for it. Think about it - acne is already inflamed and irritated, the last thing you want to do is fully strip away the skin's protective layers of oil, because it encourages more oil production

>> No.8107392

>>8106972
OP here
I have used it for 2 months now, it's wo th the money. I am not even half way down the bottle yet and I wash my face two times a day. I was skeptical at first when I was recommended it (I had tried LUSH, Clinique, Proactive) and nothing worked for me until I tried this one. I believe there was another kind as well for gentle ski, and at first I felt like it wasn't doing anything but after using it for a month I noticed the change in my skin and how clean it felt.
Obviously you need a routine of toners and moisturiser as well to make it work. And it just matters on what works best for your skin. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

>> No.8107790

>>8106980
>>8107076
>>8107392
Sounds good then, I'll give it a go. My current cleaner doesn't seem to be doing a good job anymore anyway.

>> No.8108058

is there any way to make hormonal acne less terrible without getting birth control? i don't have any health insurance at the moment but i'd really like to stop looking like a pizza half the month

>> No.8108100

>>8106961
Well, yes oil causes acne but it is the androgens that makes you produce more oil, androgens also cause hiperkeratosis which is another cause of acne.

>>8108058
Spironolactone, low glicemic diet, products with antioxidants like nicotinamide, green tea, vit C etc.

>> No.8109123
File: 95 KB, 225x391, Sans titre.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just won these! Any advice on when and how to use them? I was thinking post-toner, once a week. My skin is uneven and slightly blemished, but the acne bouts I get are always very mild.

>> No.8109163

Why is Lush so hyped?

>> No.8109167

>>8109163
Expensive products that work, at least shampoo wise for me

>> No.8109168

>>8109163
cause of how they present their store. they overhype it so it gets overhyped. in reality all their shit is too expensive and smells like hippies.

>> No.8109312

>>8109163
also its all organic/vegan/not used on animals.

>> No.8109454

>>8109312

It's not all vegan actually, they have quite a few products with honey in them.

>> No.8109460

>>8109454
>Honey is not vegan
WTF even.
I 'get' that vegans don't like eating things with eyes, but seriously? Bees make way more honey than they need, and even commercial honey they take great care of their hives. Shit dude, bees can live on sugar water if you take all of their honey, this doesn't exploit them in the least. The hive mind couldn't give a fuck less.

>> No.8109475

>>8109460
they don't use regular sugar either
something about it being bleached with bones or whatever
no regular flour either for some reason

>> No.8109509

>>8109312
On this note, are there any other vegan/natural skincare regiments that anybody here would recommend? My skin isn't too bad, but I get little teeny, tiny black head-type things, mostly on my chest.

>>8109460
Being vegan is about the mindset of not using other living beings for your own gain. Bees are living creatures, so we shouldn't use them. This isn't the thread for me to preach, but you should look up some vegan stuff about honey if you want to get more in depth on why we don't use it.

>> No.8109517

>>8109509
I have a big problem with the vegan honey mentality. Bees are in decline, and we really want to be supporting local honey, not boycotting it. I understand not wanting to buy like shur fine honey, but local honey is not comparable to big dairy.

>> No.8109527

>>8109509
Like what stuff? Ecological impact or "they are living creatures, so we shouldn't use them".

>> No.8109531

>>8109517
My great uncle has bees in his property and gave me a whole jar of honey once, it smelled like ...wildstock.(store bought honey has no such odor) Honey's also not in infinite supply so if you honey from bees who've fed on non GMO organic flower nectar it won't be cheap. Wehn it comes down to it, many people just want what ever's the "best value". Even when it's not a good value nor ethically sourced/sustainably produced/environmentally friendly.

>> No.8109536

>>8109531
*if you want

>> No.8109540

>>8109531
Local raw honey is not that expensive and worth it, at least for someone like me who doesn't use tons of it. It tastes and smells much better than regular honey, which I hate. When it comes down to it, most people aren't vegan either. I don't see why that means you should treat honey and the average commercially available milk or cheese the same.

I will say that I am not vegan, and eat local milk/cheese/eggs etc though

>> No.8109570

>>8109540
>I don't see why that means you should treat honey and the average commercially available milk or cheese the same.

I'm nbot going to get into this debate but I know more about milk production than honey production but milk available in the US =/= milk from south eastern Europe. In Europe milk isn't "thinned out" (there's higher % of whole milk available in Europe) like it's here in the US and does't taste vile. And from what I've seen in docs, most cows spend their entire lives in this glorified conveyor belt that ends in the slaughterhouse. I don't think reputable farmers would allow dairy cows to wallow in their own filth but some do and many cows have been pumped full of antibiotics to such an extent that dangerous antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria have begun to emerge. It's a business and big businesses are all about efficiency.

>> No.8109577

>>8109570
Right. It's awful and nothing like local honey.

>> No.8109718

I have some scars or redness from plucking hair with epilator. My neck has some hair that look really dark and grow fast, how i can reduce these scars?

>> No.8110242

>>8109167
Which shampoo? The solid shampoos seem really odd to me.

>> No.8110258

>>8110242
I have i love juicy and one of the solid shampoos that cleanses a lot, can't remember the name. I loooove the solid shampoo, that thing will last forever. It does have a lot of sls in it though. I also love their veganese conditioner. It's the only thing that doesn't weigh down my hair.

>> No.8110266

>>8109570
You can buy 'organic' milk from cows treated well on small farms in big box stores too, or from small farms. Damn is it good...

>> No.8110519

I live in AZ and I swear no matter how much water I drink or how many times I put on chap stick my lips are always chapped and feel disgusting. The only thing I've found that even sort of works in taking down all the dead skin is an olive oil and sugar scrub on my lips or the occasional scrubbing furiously with my toothbrush every week or so. Is there any way to stop them from chapping that will let me keep my lips from practically being sanded down?

>> No.8110535

Okay guys, I have super sensitive eyes, so most make up removers make my eyes itchy and red, is there any cheap-ish make up remover that is okay for the eyes?

Other than that I always have dry skin between my eyebrows even if I put more moisturizer there, should I use something different?

>> No.8110541

>Use snail extract sleep mask
>that burning sensation on face
>that sticky feel the moment the corner of your face brushes at the side of your pillow
>can't sleep face down
>wake up now and then at the feeling of the corner of your face getting sticking to your pillow

It feels like it work since it still viscous the moment I wash it off when I wake up but the overall process just feels too inconvenient. Is there a way to make this a bit bearable?

>> No.8110742

>>8110519
i think you're better off using a more nourishing lip balm if you're using chapstick. I've found that some of the more waxy products (looking at you, EOS) have dried out my lips the more i used them, since they create a barrier over the skin that doesn't allow them to slough off naturally creating flakiness.

Vaseline or products with petrolatum, castor seed oil, shea butter, sunflower seed oil, or squalane are said to help.

>> No.8110912

>>8109163
I've tried plenty of drug store brands which target my shitty skin, and if anything they've made me worse. I've incredibly sensitive skin (partly due to my rosacea), and so many products don't agree with it. Even a brand that has simple baby wipes targeted at babies make my skin flare up something awful. A Nivea moisturizer made me have a forehead full of spots for like a month. It's depressing. And for that matter, I'm unable to use most Benefit products because they also make my skin flare-up.

Yet in the last two years I've used Lush products, I've never had a problem with them. Basically all my primary skin care products are from them: I use their cleansers, toners, moisturizers, face masks, stuff to make my skin not as itchy, shampoo bars... Personally I find they really do make a massive difference. I don't think they're that expensive either, toners and cleansers are like six euro and they last for ages. The face masks are kinda pricey at nine but you get a free one if you bring in six pots. I will admit that their moisturizers are pricey though, I use the cheapest one in the range at seventeen euro. It's super hydrating though, although plenty of reviews online say it's hella greasy so YMMV really.

>> No.8111390

Can anyone recommend some Korean moisturisers for very dry/sensitive skin?

>> No.8112393

>>8110541
Are you using the mizon one in the pink tube? I had no problems with that one, my skin soaked it up and felt smooth to the touch, but the Benton lotion is horrible. I can stand the essence because I'm covering it up, but the lotion is so stinky and greasy. Tonymoly makes a divine banana sleeping pack that I'm planning on buying a full size once I run out of my current one. (panda's dream white sleeping pack)

Currently I'm happy with my skin routine, to the point where I got my first real blemish other than an acid burn in the corner of my mouth (I love citrus anything to the point where I once blistered my throat!) Does anyone have a good spot treatment recommendation? I have the missha patches and they don't do shit for me. I don't have sensitive skin, so that isn't an issue at all.

For my body, I have a lily body essence and a cheap Japanese lotion coming in the mail. Other than that I use an Italy towel at least once a week (I try to do it less than twice but it's so satisfying!) And somehow it's made my stretch marks so much better. Every other time I use ivory soap and a salux towel. No current lotion unless I feel I need it. I'm considering buying a foot peeling shot though to get rid of boot calluses.

>> No.8112410

>>8112393
Babyfeet works really well. It is super gross though. Don't use it if you plan on displaying bare feet for like a week. It works though.

Its gross because it'll make your skin peel off in huge chunks. Leaves feet soft though.

>> No.8112415

>>8112393
Sorry, baby foot is the name of that.

http://beautysage.com/products/foot-exfoliate-peel

You could find it cheaper, I just clicked the first link.

>> No.8112430
File: 3.10 MB, 5312x2988, 20150210_212358.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8112393
What I use is pic related, i guess I'll just have to get used to sleeping face up

Dunno why my phone won't post the pic vertically so sorry for the headtilt

>> No.8112439

>>8112430
4chan deletes all pic data on jpgs, photos from phone have certain data which orients it to be vertical, thus making it horizontal.

>> No.8112452

>>8112439
Should've flipped it on my laptop, but yeah, I use Cetaphil and than that afterwards.

>> No.8112497

>>8109718
An epilator should not have left scarring.

Since you say it is redness/scarring, I bet it is a ingrown hair or two. I'd go ask a dermatologist. It'd be kind of hard to look close enough to see if it is an ingrown hair.

>> No.8112505

>>8100210
One company does make a KP cream. It is nothing more then a heavy moisturizer.

There is one way to fight KP but it is really expensive. Continuous microdermabrasion treatments will easily slough away excess keratin.

It is easily to burn oneself with a peel from Sephora then cause any damage with a microdermabrasion machine.

If anyone had the 1000 dollars to spare, I'd recommend buying a machine. 6 treatments would easily cost that.

>> No.8112597

>>8112430
It could just be that formulation, or maybe you're putting too much on. When your night pack sinks in, you should feel moist rather than wet, sticky, or gooey. It shouldn't feel weightless as a night pack though. Try putting less on and if that doesn't work you might have to retire it for a less oozy snail cream. The pink mizon one I used as a sort of seal to keep my serums and such from feeling too greasy at night. I had to up the moisture though because I just moved from a coastal area to the desert. Even with a gel cream and sleeping pack, my skin is still dry to the touch when I wake up.

>> No.8112600

>>8112505
They have microderm machines for ~150 at ulta. Made for personal use, but diamond tipped

>> No.8112643

Pleb question, but what's the point of using a toner? Is it necessary?

I don't have large pores and they don't seem to have dirt trapped in them after I've cleansed, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something vital in my skin regimen.

>> No.8112645

>>8112393
The foot peeling ones only get rid of the top layer of calluses, if you've got proper thick calluses that are basically always there, they'll still be there afterwards. If it's just a little bit of dry hard skin it'll slough off nicely though.

>> No.8112747

Is it safe to buy konjac sponges from Aliexpress?

>> No.8112748

>>8112643
Depends, some people use it to get their skin back to its 'normal' pH after using an alkaline cleanser or to prep it to be a good pH for using their exfoliator. Other people use it to remove traces of their cleanser (useful if you don't use a flannel, for example).
Others use it as a moisture replacing step after the cleanser, so more like an 'essence'/'serum' step

>> No.8112839
File: 19 KB, 300x300, CT140-cover_300dpi-300x300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I haven't purchased any products yet.
My skin gets oily and I get the occasional cystic acne, as well as blackheads on my nose.
I've been researching into Japanese/Korean skincare products.
Here is a routine I found minus some steps I didn't think were necessary in my case (eye cream, make-up removal).

1. Oil Cleanser: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
2. Cleanser: MISSHA Super Aqua Fresh Cleansing Milk
3. Toner: Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin or Kohaku-hada Lotion
4. Serum/Essence: Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
5. Emulsion: Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Lotion
6. Cream: Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream
7. Sunscreen: Curel UV lotion SPF50+

I'm a man by the way.
All recommendations and advice are greatly appreciated.

>> No.8113001

>be me, 18, has acne on cheeks, chin, and forehead, and blackheads on nose
>goes to docs a solid 3 months ago
>gets prescribed zineryt solution and oxytetracycline tabs
>very very little improvement.
What do? Should i go back and say it isn't working? I drink looooaaaddss of water btw so any improvement might've been because of that ;_;

>> No.8113516

Anons, is purging a normal thing? I just started a new treatment and was told to expect purging, and at first my skin was clearing up really well and then in the last two days I just had this crazy breakout in my problem spots. All of them came to heads very quickly except my one cheek, which is my main problem area for cystic acne. I'm just assuming I had a lot of deep lying cysts that are slowly coming to the surface, but is this normal?

>> No.8113525

>>8113516
is this roaccutane? I've heard this treatment can have pretty bad side effects. There should be a bit of paper with the drug saying which side effects you should see your doctor/dermatologist about.

>> No.8113546

>>8113516
If it's cysts they might be coming to the surface, but purging is supposedly not real.

>> No.8113612

>>8112839
10/10 music taste anon.

>> No.8113684

>>8112839
You may not need two cleansing steps, particularly if you haven't been using any products on your skin at all. Cetaphil is actually a really good, gentle cleanser. I would also get some actives in there - BHA liquid would be my pick for you, which would mean a pH balancing toner rather than the toners you have listed there which look more like moisturising ones.
I'd also be looking for a spot treatment for the cystic acne, benzoyl peroxide/retinoid of some sort/possibly an anti-inflammatory antimicrobial, you can get combination products.

In my opinion eye cream or at least making sure you are applying some sort of moisturiser to the area is more necessary than a million essences/lotions/creams, I'd also be wary of heavier creams as they can break some people out.
Remember that to make sure the products aren't making things worse, you have to introduce your new routine 1-2 products at a time as well and use them for 2-4 weeks before introducing another step - otherwise if this routine breaks you out how do you know which one it was?

My initial starting suggestion for you would be:
1. Cetaphil cleanser
2. Toner - maybe something with anti-acne/anti-inflammatory ingredients
3. BHA lotion on oily areas/nose/anywhere that gets acne
4. Essence that suits your needs - for example, the snail bee stuff is more for acne scars than preventing acne
5. Gel or cream moisturiser depending on your skin. I can get away with straight aloe vera gel (+/- tea tree oil/witch hazel) on the oily parts of my
6. Spot treatment at night/sunblock during the day

>>8113001
If antibiotics + topicals haven't worked in 3 months chances are your acne doesn't respond to those ones, maybe ask for adapalene or tretinoin cream, or benzoyl peroxide. Mine is much more hormonal than anything else, so I got the worst breakouts ever on the minipill and depo shot and all that antibiotics did was give me thrush.

>> No.8113694

>>8113684
Thanks for the advice. I used to be on benzoyl peroxide gel a couple of years back. It toally cleared up my acne and I stopped after a year like a fool. It just came back in a matter of weeks. I might ask if i can try it again since i haven't tried it since, and it might work again. Then again, my acne is worse than it was 2 years ago.

>> No.8113895

>>8113694
Do you use any other products? Mine has improved significantly with products containing witch hazel/tea tree oil + using salicylic acid + glycolic acid cream although had nearly no improvement on adapalene, tretinoin or clindamycin gel. I need to get some benzoyl peroxide though to see if it will clear up the small ones.

>> No.8113938

Can anyone recommend a way to reduce/get rid of VERY oily skin that is otherwise clear?

I don't get blocked pores/acne, but my face oils up so much that any makeup on my T-zone/around my eyes has turned to liquid and smeared off after an hour, tops. I've tried every primer known to man and now I just want to fix the source.

>> No.8113961

>>8113895
I only really wash my face with Simple Moisturising face wash and exfoliate 1-2 times a week. I might try out some of those things since this stuff I'm on atm isn't doing much

>> No.8113966

>>8113961
same anon
*Simple face wash every day
*Exfoliate 1-2 times a week
*on top of the prescribed treatment

>> No.8114283

>>8113525
No I'm on an antibiotic, but my derm is having me drink ACV daily to help things along. Drinking ACV supposedly causes a short purging period? I have this one problem area where no matter what the cysts just won't go away...I just want them to come to a head already, it's been months...

>> No.8114362
File: 13 KB, 320x320, cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8113684
I'm the first guy you were replying to.

I've been on an off just about every western product available here (Australia).
Here is my current routine:

1. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser OR Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
2. Galderma Benzac AC benzoyl peroxide 5% face wash
3. Galderma Benzac benzoyl peroxide cream 2.5%

And when I think it is necessary
3. Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Skin Resurfacing Cream

I know this is a bad routine because it dries my skin a fair bit because no moisturiser, but it keeps acne at bay for the most part.
I live in a very humid area and have oily type skin.
I have found no moisturisers here I can use which don't break me out. I left out sunscreen as well because of this.
Every sunscreen here is greasy and thick and breaks me out hardcore.

I want to find a physical sunscreen though, preferably no chemical UV filters because of potential action as endocrine disruptors.

Thank you for helping me!

>>8113612
Thanks! I'm a huge fan of Maccy D

>> No.8114448

>>8113684
Okay so going through you post here are some products I've researched.

1. Cetaphil cleanser

2. Toner - maybe something with anti-acne/anti-inflammatory ingredients
Eaude Muge Medicated lotion
Hada Labo Skin Conditioner

3. BHA lotion on oily areas/nose/anywhere that gets acne
Neostrata Toning Solution Level 2
Gatsby Acne Care Water
Paulas Choice Resist BHA 9
Dr K Cocktail V Lotion

4. Essence that suits your needs
IOPE Trouble Clinic Treatment Essence
ETUDE HOUSE AC Clinic Gel Lotion
INNISFREE Jejubija Anti Trouble Spot Essence
THE SAEM See&Saw AC Control Emulsion

5. Gel or cream moisturiser depending on your skin.
LANEIGE Trouble Relief Cream
THE SAEM See&Saw AC Control Cream
IOPE Trouble Clinic Moisturizing Cream
Hadabisei Facial Clearing Cream

6. Spot treatment at night
Ciracle Red Spot Cream
The Face Shop Clean Face Spot Corrector
Innisfree Jeju Bija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R

Sunblock during the day
Curel UV lotion SPF50+

>> No.8114652

>>8113938
Do you moisturise? Something light might work for you, aloe vera gel is good for a lot of people.

>>8114362
>>8114448
I think if you're adding a BHA then cetaphil is definitely a better choice. I liked my Paula's Choice, the BHA from the 'clear' line, but it was annoyingly expensive and I switched to the Bravura London peel (I don't wash it off) since I was on my OE at the time. I'd be careful with the creams to start with if most moisturisers break you out; sometimes plain aloe vera gel is good to start with (it's my summer go-to, I'm currently in NZ so humidity is annoyingly high) possibly with tea tree oil and witch hazel added (you can mix your own, just like a few drops in a blob of aloe gel depending on how sensitive your skin is). I've not found a physical sunscreen that doesn't break me out, so I use the Neutrogena clear face stuff (imperfect, it still doesn't agree with my forehead so I have a hat with a deep crown and UV rated fabric) and am looking at the Biore one. It'd be interesting to see if the Curel works for you though! Skinnies was my preferred one for a while but it really doesn't agree with my forehead either.

>> No.8114671

>>8114362
>Every sunscreen here is greasy and thick and breaks me out hardcore.

Don't they have sprays?

>> No.8114691

>>8112597
>maybe you're putting too much on.

Yeah, I started not overdoing it and now it feels rather nice, the slight burn is still there but it's not as bad as it originally was. Thank you.

At this point, my only issue with snail extract is that I can't help thinking of Junji Ito's Uzumaki whenever I wipe it all over my face.

>> No.8114695
File: 95 KB, 580x273, glyceride.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8114691
Sleep peacefully knowing it isn't his story "Glyceride" you're experiencing. I'm glad it helped you out.

>> No.8114702

I pretty much can't deal with my skin right now. Whatever I put on it I have a reaction.

I reactled badly to Lush Dream Cream and Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference this week and I'm in legitimate pain now. Cheeks are red, skin is peeling and burns.

Does anyone have any advice?

>> No.8114750

>>8106765
first 2 products, please review! Im interested in the new bbs coming out.

Wondering if Snail is really worth the hype...

>> No.8115903
File: 226 KB, 900x722, 1422456886231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hello /cgl/! I was hoping you could give me some concrit on babby's first skin routine (what I'm doing wrong, what I'm desperately missing and so on):

1. Calmia Oatmeal Therapy Cleansing Oil
2. TONYMOLY Strawberry Jam Sugar Scrub
3. ÜNT Acne Med Clarifying Anti-Blemish Foam Cleanser
4. TONYMOLY Strawberry Milk All-in-rizer
5. ÜNT Acne Med Advanced Acne Treatment Serum
6. It's Skin Babyface BB Cream

Thanks so much in advance!

>> No.8116219

>>8115903
you're paying way too much, for starters

>> No.8116749

>>8116219
The ÜNT stuff was given to me, but I did pay for the rest, in the January sales. In the long term I was thinking of cutting out the sugar scrub and switching BB creams.

>> No.8117015

>>8116749
I don't know anything about the UNT stuff but are you certain your skin can stand up to a physical exfoliant? Two of your treatments already have salicylic acid, so you're using a chemical and a physical exfoliant. Unless you have skin of steel you should either cut the scrub or use it once a week or less.

You should also try to find out the ph of the UNT cleansing foam. Ph is no joke - if it's over 6 I strongly advise throwing the product in the trash.

>> No.8117028

I have sort of a dumb question but hear me out.

I've got pretty bad contact dermatitis and I get horrible reactions from sunscreen and other ingredients commonly found in skincare products. The only spf 50+ or higher sunscreen that I'm not allergic to have harsh chemicals in them, like certain types of alcohol (the bad kinds) that will apparently damage my skin over time if I use them everyday. The other kinds that I can wear are only spf 30 and below.

I found some tinted moisturizer that I can wear that has spf 20 in it. If I put some spf 30+ suncreen underneath of it, will it have the same or close to the same effect of using spf 50?

I'm a bit desperate here.

>> No.8117036

>>8117028
Meant to say I get bad reactions from fragrances, not sunscreen lol

>> No.8117102

can tea tree oil cause purging?

i patch tested first, then began using it diluted and now i'm using it 100% on pimples. i haven't had any reactions but my acne isn't getting better, and i'm not sure if it may be getting worse.

i read that tto is less effective at too high a concentration, does anyone know is this is valid? also, is it true it's just as effective in low concentrations?

i would prefer to make it last longer obviously, but i also don't want to make it weaker since i don't seem to be having any adverse effects to using it straight

>> No.8117166

>>8117028
Technically yes, SPF 20 + 30 = 50, but in the case of tinted moisturizer you are probably not putting on the clinically tested amount to achieve SPF 20 (this is the fallacy with all SPF makeup). Honestly I think you should keep trying brands of sunscreen until you find something that works better. Have you tried Hada Labo UV Creamy Gel PA++++, or Biore Sarasara UV Aqua Rich Waterly Essence PA+++? Those are both tolerated well by people with sensitive skin.

>> No.8117193

>>8117166
Thanks for the suggestions! i might try the first one since I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients. The second one has fragrances :/

Right now I have some fragrance-free Neutrogena sunscreen but I read online that Neutrogena products are terrible for your skin. Not sure if it's worth using anymore.

>> No.8117341

>>8117193
I haven't head that Neutrogena is "terrible" but in general a lot of sunscreens contain alcohol to help them absorb quickly despite their thick, heavy formulations. If alcohol irritates you, you'll probably love the Hada Labo, as the alcohol is near the bottom of the ingredients list.

>> No.8117344

>>8117193
You only need to avoid certain kinds of alcohols, like alcohol denat, ethanol, methanol, etc
Stuff like cetyl or cetearyl alcohol actually helps absorb the product into your skin and is good for you (however it can still irritate a really small number of people's skin)

>> No.8117372

>>8117193
its usually half and half with Neutrogena and clean and clear. If one doesn't work the other will.

>> No.8117392

>>8114702
Dermatologist? You'll probably end up with steroid cream for a bit to settle the inflammation down. Also don't use anything on it until better, and spot test your skincare

>>8115903
Way too much stripping of your skin. Cut out the sugar scrub now. Also consider another, heavier, moisturiser for night time.

>>8117102
I honestly found that straight tea tree oil never made a difference for me, I have to mix it with aloe gel or have it in a toner. Never had purging with it though, imo purging is when current pimples that were kind of lurking there come to a head, if it's not that it may be breaking you out.

>>8117193
Neutrogena isn't that bad, and tbh sun damage is probably worse.

>> No.8117407

>>8114702
Ugh, lush is full of harsh fragrances and I'm pretty sure it's got some dyes in it too. It's nice for some people but pretty harmful to those with super sensitive skin.

I'd see a dermatologist and get tested for skin allergies, because that's likely what's causing those reactions. If that's what it is, the dermatologist will give you a list of ingredients to avoid and possibly even a list of products that are safe to use.

In the meantime look into hypoallergenic/fragrance free products and see if that helps. My favorite brand (albeit pricey) is vmv hypoallergenics. There's also a brand called Magick Botanicals that's pretty great, the conditioner is some of the best I've used.

>> No.8117474

>>8117193
Neutrogena isn't bad for your skin... Some people find certain products too harsh for their skin, others find they work well. It says "#1 dermatologist reccomended" on the side of some of the things for a reason...

>> No.8117570

Anyone else have a bad reaction to apple cider vinegar?

I diluted it like I'm supposed to and I've been gently applying it to my T-zone for the past week. I just looked in the mirror and noticed that my skin has turned red in those areas. It kind of burns when I rub it too.

Should I stop using it?

>> No.8117581

>>8117570
Why are you even asking that question?
It's burning, turning your damn skin red, and you have to ask cgl if you should stop it? Clearly your skin doesn't like ACV, stop using it and try something different and maybe les acidic.

>> No.8117591

>>8117581
You're right, it was a pretty stupid question.

So ignore that one, I guess I should have just stopped with the first question. Sorry if I sounded like an idiot, I'm not thinking straight right now for some reason.

>> No.8117592
File: 131 KB, 160x160, 1393971389162.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For seagulls in the UK- what are you using for sunblock purposes? Ideally something I could pick up in the UK.

A moisturiser/sunblock combo or is there a particular brand of sunblock? I'm a relative newbie to this and having read (and reread- thank you all for the read, it's been a huge insight) I think I have just about got my clenser/toner/moisturiser for day/night sorted, but I've been struggling on the sunblock. Most websites tend to review products with a view of using them in the summer, not all year round!

Thank you in advance.

>> No.8118536

>>8117592
I read that even when it's cloudy, UV still penetrates a lot. I don't think it being just for summer matters.
I live in the sunniest state of OZ (with worlds highest rate of skin cancer) and wear SPF 30-50+. For you, you can get SPF 15+ stuff, I have one by Neutrogena that's a sunscreen and moisturiser combo. http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/skin-care/moisturisers/28526-neutrogena-oil-free-moisture-spf15

Not too bad, about as "greasy" looking as near all other brands I used. I just don't use it much because my mum bought it for me without knowing my skincare needs.

>> No.8118544

>>8117591
They overreacted - there is the occurrence when using some products that a slight initial reaction is normal.
Not with ACV by the sounds of it. Apparently though that some faces will get more acne or whatever after using it the first week or so. But that's all I know.

>> No.8119170

>>8117570
The same thing happens to me if I don't dilute it enough

>> No.8119218

Anyone have experience with cod liver oil? I bought the supplement kind to see if it has any affect on my acne before splurging on the liquid stuff. Just took my first dose and now I have some fishy burps. But I heard this stuff is like a miracle

>> No.8119499

>>8110535
I used extra-virgin olive oil and it goes pretty well

>> No.8120043

Any advice for lightening the neck? Mine is really dark compared to my face and it looks really bad.

>> No.8120084

>>8120043
Exfoliate. Could be lots of dead skin build up if its only your neck that's dark, say compared to shoulders. Its not unheard of to forget to scrub the neck when in the shower

>> No.8120294

Dumb question, but what do I do when my cystic acne comes to a head? I'm so excited because my deep lying cysts finally came to a head and my skin is no longer swollen or inflamed, but how do I make the pussy white head things go away? I'm assuming I put spot treatment on them? How long does it usually take for the heads to go away if I do this? Or should I carefully pop them and then add product? Sorry, I've just never had acne that's come to a head like this before, I'm at a loss...

>> No.8120565

>>8120294
Yay for cystic acne coming to a head! This is what I do, but I wouldn't doubt that some of it's wrong:
It's super tempting to pop them, but I try to hold out for as long as I can to let them dry out on their own (around a week with spot treatment like tea tree oil). If I accidentally pop when picking at them in the mirror, I'll drain out all the white pus, then cover it with Neosporin and leave it alone. I don't think you should be putting product on it at that point because it's basically an open wound.

>> No.8121426
File: 18 KB, 500x500, $_12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anyone tried this? does it works?

>> No.8121432

>>8121426
I've read some reviews and not many people are pleased with it.

>> No.8121839

>>8102789
I'm in love with skincare so I use a lot of different stuff and always try new things.
I'm going to start a cosmetology program in a couple months, hoping to learn even more about skincare and haircare.
Am:
Thayer's witch hazel with rose water
Tonymoly red appletox honey cream.
Both are hg products that I will never give up. I don't wash my face with cleanser in the morning because my skin is very dry and I dont feel like I need it.

Pm
Skin food black sugar cleansing oil
Skin food black sugar foam scrub
Thayer's witch hazel and rose toner again
Benton snail bee essence
It's skin vc effector
It's skin syn-ake effector
It's skin blue effector (I can't remember the active ingredient in this but I'm not a fan of this one, I won't rebuy it)
Tonymoly red appletox again
Tonymoly panda's dream sleeping pack. (Probably going to try the banana sleeping pack next)
Tonymoly pocket bunny sleek mist to seal it all in
Tonymoly peach lip balm
I used to use the panda's dream so cool eye stick, but I left it at a friend's house and haven't repurchased it yet but it's also my hg for dark circles and fatigued eyes. I usually carry this and the pocket bunny mist in my purse when I leave for the day. I also use sheet masks a few times a week, I love innisfrees for the masks. They have buy ten get ten free right now in their shop. I also occasionally do lactic acid peels at 40%

For my body, I'm still waiting on that lily body essence, I bought some inn is free hand cream because it was on sale and I feel the hand cream isn't as oily on my body after I use it as opposed to body lotion. I then dust myself with cheap Walmart dusting powder morning and night. Italy and salux towels are also used. I'm thinking of buying some milky dress anti trouble mist when I get over the fact that it's made of silkworm castings. (Shit)

As you can see I'm kind of in love with tonymoly because its cute and never seems to make my skin feel greasy and doesn't stink, which are both requirements.

>> No.8121995
File: 163 KB, 450x450, tea-tree-face-mask_l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8105138
My acne story is similar, except I was (and still am) under a lot of stress. I went through many brands and dermatologist visits but nothing truly changed.

I recently started using the tea tree line from The Body Shop and good golly has my skin changed!! I use the cleanser to really clean my face once or twice a day, toner at night to better remove any makeup, and the mask (pic related) once a week to reduce pore size. Stress level is probably slightly less than when I started the regimen but I have seen a tremendous difference in pore size and frequency/intensity of breakouts.

Just my two cents if anyone has been in my current situation or has wanted more information on TBS.

>> No.8122016

what are the best products to get rid of dark circles, and what are the best concealers? i'm a student, so i don't get a ton of sleep and i want to get rid of my black circles as much as possible. thanks!

>> No.8122037

>>8121995
I swear by their tea tree products as well. They can be drying, but they work so well! I thought their seaweed line was more irritating towards my skin which is odd cause that's what they usually recommend for sensitive skin. I use the face wash and oil. Works freaking great!

>> No.8122039

Have you guys tried rice powder milk mask?

>> No.8122067

>>8121426
Nope, got most of that entire line and it's utter shit.

>> No.8122252

>>8117392
>>8117407

I didn't even think about going to see a dermatologist.
I'm thinking about getting some Korean skincare but I'm not sure what would be safe.

I put some Nivea creme on and things seem to have gone down (it has less ingredients in the UK)

>> No.8122517

I've been using Lucas pawpaw ointment at night on my face in some problem areas and I swear it's like magic. It's clearing up a little breakout I had on my chin nicely, and under eyes to keep them moisturised and less tired looking. I'm considering just slathering my face with the stuff and seeing what happens.

>> No.8122656
File: 58 KB, 430x480, 10081_5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8114702
Have you tried out innisfree's "the minimum" line for sensitive skin? It doesn't have any dyes or fragrances in it and is formulated for people who have reactions. I haven't had anything from innisfree that's given me a bad reaction, it works as well as other Korean brands but lacks the whimsical aspect that I love about Korean products.

>> No.8122660
File: 88 KB, 310x464, 1420424590595.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any recommendations for blisters on lips? Acidic fruits are cheap right now and I have no restraint when it comes to fruit so I developed three blisters on my lips from eating too many kiwis. I don't want people to think they're cold sores or herpes!

>> No.8122667

>>8122660
ive done that before, just place a cold compress on them and dont eat anything too flavourful/something that will burn it even more.

>> No.8122682

>>8122660
Wow... never heard of such a thing.

>> No.8122723

>>8122682
It happens to me fairly often, I eat too much fruit and get blisters on my lips and inside my mouth. I went to a doctor once because it happened when I got really sick and they tested to make sure it wasn't herpes simplex (cold sores) and its not. The doctor had no idea what it could be, its just a painful and ugly nuisance I get a few times a year.

>> No.8122944

I work in a cafe and can't avoid getting diluted bleach and cleaning/sanitizing products on my hands..They're chapped all the Time, and I'm prone to paper cuts more now (dealing with cardboard etc)
I tried The Body Shop Hemp cream in the metal tube, its shit despite the sales person's recommendation.
Tried Vitamin E Creams, Silicone Glove, Emu Oil..
Any home treatment you know work's? All I've got is Lucas Paw paw, olive oil, coconut oil.

>> No.8122987

>>8122944
I used to have the same problem when I worked hospitality. One of the back of stores guys at the hotel would bring along a bottle of QV Cream for us to use throughout the shift and it really made a difference.

>> No.8123012

>8106765
>>8114750
Mizon snail cream is freaking unicorn blood
Worth the hype!

All my fine lines are completely gone and I rarely get acne

>> No.8123129

I've seen loads of people get hyped about Tea Tree oil, and the reviews on the body shop all seem positive. I'm on prescribed treatment for my acne and have been for 3 months with little success. So I was wondering what the best way to apply tea tree oil is????
Also, will tea tree oil help with blackheads? If not, what is an effective way of removing them?

>> No.8123134

>>8123129
directly to pimples at the highest concentration your skin can handle

>> No.8123137

>>8123134
I saw that it helps with scars? for scars is it best to apply a watered down concentration to the scarred area?

>> No.8123147

>>8123137
where did you see that? i've read that it doesnt help with scars at all
some oils i've heard do are rosehip and lavender, so maybe dilute the tea tree oil in one of those or another carrier oil known to lighten scars

i apply tto undiluted for spot treatment but here are the amounts i use for large areas of skin are 12 drops per 30ml of carrier oil (2%)
2% is supposedly the max for face and 4% for body

what percentage is what you were prescribed?

>> No.8123166

>>8123147
i wasnt prescribed tea tree oil, I'm just trying to use it as an alternative, as oxytetracycline and zineryt solution isn't doing anything for me. Sorry, I was unclear

>> No.8123168

>>8122944
Ouch, I had chemical burn and box cut problems when I worked in an autostore. The anon who mentioned QV cream is right, it really helps. Also wearing disposable latex gloves really helped me when handling cleaning prodcts, and when I did truck and handled boxes, wearing work gloves (the kind you pick up at a home improvement store) made things 1000xs easier and less painful as well. Just removing skin contact with these things was kind of the only way for me to prevent my hands from getting worse.

>> No.8123182

>>8123166
Tea tree oil is drying and helps with acne, but not with scars. Try vitamin e oil, lavender oil can help, and vitamin c serum are great for fading hyperpigmentation and acne scars.

The body shop has a nice line of tea tree products, but also you can pick up a bottle of 100% Australian tea tree oil at your local drugstore, Walmart, whatever. For spot treatments, just dab on the zit with a qtip, but it also really helps if you dilute it and use with your toner. For example, I use a witch hazel/ACV with some added tea tree oil as my toner and it really helps me. Do some research on Apple Cider Vinegar and tea tree oil as alternatives.

I hope that helps!

>> No.8123230

are fakes a common problem when buying korean skincare products on ebay or amazon?
natural republic aloe vera gel apparently has fakes circulating so i was wondering if fakes were commonly sold as the real thing

>> No.8123366

>>8123230
Yeah, and there are a ton of fake Mizon snail products out there too, so be careful.

>> No.8123423

>>8097760
>>8097760
Are you sure they're pimples, anon? Are they red at all? Painful? I had a breakout of these after surgery where I had to take heavy anti-biotics, and they turned out to be fungal. I got rid of them by buying some over the counter anti-fungal cream (can be found around yeast treatment section) and using it on my face at night. Cleared it up in a few days.

>> No.8123424

>>8123182
Thanks, I'll check this stuff out. I'm kinda new to the whole sikncare scene and I wanna see whats out there. Thanks

>> No.8123527

i'm confused about skin care routine order and have some questions..
>is it safe to use tea tree oil after pc 2% bha liquid?
>should i use the oil before or after?
>are both still effective if i put moisturizer on immediately after?
>should either the bha liquid or tea tree oil go on top of the moisturizer?

my routine is some generic body soap (soon to be foam cleanser with salicylic acid), thayer's witch hazel,

>> No.8123538

>>8123527
don't know why i cut off, some garnier moisturizer and etude house eye cream after toner, and tea tree oil on spots. i just got the bha liquid today

>> No.8123576

>>8122016
>>8103791
Some help for dark circles? I'm in the same situation like those Anons.

>> No.8123597

>>8123424
no problem. I went through the same thing where the topical products from my dermatologist no longer did shit for me, because I went from regular teenager acne to cystic acne. Also all the zinc etc. blahblahblah retin products were bleaching my bedding and some clothing, so I started looking into more natrual options. Glad I did, this stuff actually helps me more and my skin is happier. Good luck.

>> No.8123622

>>8120565
Thank you! I decided not to pop them since there's such an amount coming to head, and a good few of them, the pus is yellowish/tiny bit green looking. So I'm assuming that means some serious business is being expelled from my skin since those cysts were so deep lying and there for a while.

>> No.8124435

>>8122037
I'm so glad I made the switch! I have sensitive skin and was really scared changing my routine but it turned out great.

What do you use the oil for? Spot treatment? If so, how effective is it? I've been using the Proactive overnight mask and it works for the most part but I'd prefer more effective results.

>> No.8124598

>>8124435
see
>>8123182

>> No.8127429
File: 28 KB, 427x405, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

yo, can you guys please put me on a right path.
i never really had ance really up until the last 6 months.
pic are my problems (dont judge my drawing skills...). i dont really know where to even start
the only thing i changed in makeup routine was i changed foundations to SKIN79 prestige BB cream. i think that made my pores large. i did love the coverage. i stopped using it 2 months a month ago now i just use true match or nothing at all.
i use to just use phisoderm once a day as a skin routine always was fine but now it doesnt do shit.
over the last 2 weeks im just using neutrogena gentle cleanser and a sugar mask once a week helped a little bit not so much.
also i was looking into tonymoly egg pore for my blackheads on my nose, nose strips have never worked for me.

>> No.8127494

>>8127429
anon you have to give us a bit more info than that... What's your skin type, oily, dry, combo? What kind of acne is it? Cystic? etc.

>> No.8127499

new thread

>>8127498