[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 16 KB, 325x325, 1365963088136.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8088010 No.8088010 [Reply] [Original]

That one friend who sucks the life out of a con General

>3 Friends at Pax South
>Gets mad when I tried to invite my gf to another con, but wants to invite his gf to the next
>Makes more money than we do, but doesn't pay equally for the gas+hotel
>Never wants to check out cool panels
>Got really competitive at the freeplay games and we ended up watching him play fucking Duck Hunt for a hour
>Had to record a panel for my gf and he gets mad that we split up
>Got antsy when I talked to strangers and invited them to play with us
>Always doing some weird gay shit like grabbing our nipples and fondling our chest like "lol I'm so funny". Dude did this in a rough part of town and I didn't want to get mugged for his dumb ass
>He is underage so we don't go out after the con
>At the hotel, he went into an awkward autistic rant about trans people and minorities despite all of us are ethnic
>Get's mad when I have a gift card and pays for the meal of the driver

Generally he isn't a bad guy at work, but he never wants the group to expand at cons and wants to stay inside a social bubble

>> No.8088015

Go complain somewhere else OP. Nobody gives a shit about your retarded story.

>> No.8088053

>>8088010
step 1 dont be friends with that guy
step 2 ??????

>> No.8088098

>Go with couple
>They are always fucking making out with each other in bad cosplay
>Can hear them fucking in the hotel bathroom at 3AM in the morning

>> No.8088119

>>8088098

guhhhh

>sleeping on floor in overcrowded hotel room
>wake up mortally hung over at 7 AM because gross couple we're rooming with are fucking in the shower
>she's making sounds like a wounded dog
>kick door without getting up until the moans stop

I could still hear the thumping.

>> No.8088141

>>8088119
Last year, my friend locked the hotel room with the chain so he could fuck this jailbait. It was just the 5 of us tired, dehydrated and sleepy.

>> No.8088156

at least you have friends that go with you to cons. I've only ever gone solo.

>> No.8088424

A couple years back I had a girl make my whole group go up to a room party with a bunch of shitty drunk cosplayers, not to mention a 16 year old Karkat mixing all the drinks, and a Jesus who I watched eat a dollar on a dare. Come 3am (we wake up at 7-9am so I need all the sleep I can get), we leave said girl and we all go back to our rooms.
I get a text the next morning that said girl also doesn't want to hang out anymore because we "ditched her", despite telling her we were tired as hell and didn't want to be around a bunch of inebriated cosplayers.

I have a slew of shitty "that one friend" stories, mostly about this same girl. I'm glad she finally stopped talking to me.

>> No.8088662

>PAX South
>Just myself and one friend
>Pretty much had to make his cosplay for him so it didnt look like shit/get done on time
>Constantly separating from me even though his phone is broken so no way to find each other
>Isn't interested in any panels
>The ones we do go to he leaves halfway through
>Pretty much only wanted to play DOTA on freeplay PCs

At least people liked my costume ;_;

>> No.8088665

>>8088156
>implying solo isn't superior

>> No.8088669
File: 908 KB, 300x169, 1405756675962.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my qt kgf is going to a con without me with weekend, should I be worried?

>> No.8088672

>>8088669
this*

>> No.8088673

>>8088665
>Implying that it's not better to go with a gf or a bf

>> No.8088679

>>8088669
>Should I be worried that I assume my GF is going to cheat on me the second she's not under my watchful supervision

Fixed for you

>> No.8088684

>>8088673
>implying that having a person clinging to you the whole day and bickering over time-conflict panels is fun

>> No.8088686

>>8088679
pls don't be true

>> No.8088707

>>8088684
>Implying that all gf/bfs are bickering and catty bitches and won't make the con fun
>Tips fedora

>> No.8088723

>>8088707
> implying that I'm a guy
> implying that a happy relationship entails you enjoying being conjoined at the hips with your SO and doing everything with them

>> No.8088747

>>8088686
Anon is saying your concern is worrying, not that she's likely to cheat. Why are you so concerned she's going to cheat?

>> No.8088753

>>8088679
who cares
just con-sex

not like she's tying to rob you blind and runaway with some random

>> No.8088755

>>8088156
>>8088665
>>8088665
Solo is preferable to a group of asshats.

>first con I went to I was 19
>went alone, drove my own car, did my own shit all weekend
>independent woman I do what I want

>second con I went to, still 19, joined a group of underclassmen
>they were all college-bound, I'd just finished my first year
>The mom drives us
>The mom walks around the con with us
>The mom is the only driver and dictates how late we can stay
>The crazy cosplay girl makes us miss two panels because she fucked her wig up
>The next day said girl wraps her fucking ace bandage too tight and makes us return to hotel
>We leave Saturday evening because the mom wants to
>B-but I got a three day pass

Solo or with a small, close group is preferable to a large group of people you don't know that well.

>> No.8088763

>>8088665
This.

>at MAGFEST last weekend
>roadtrip with 5 other people
>rooming with them
>have a bed so whatever
>Proceed to go to any panels, play whatever games, and listen to any band I want
>Don't have to compromise or sacrifice anything to keep someone else happy
>don't have to be separated from someone and caring what they're doing
>can talk to whoever I want, however long

Though it is nice to have people to talk to during down time. But then again, smoking does a good job of keeping me company.

>> No.8088764

>>8088010
>Go to convention with group
>Make entire group aware that I have a stalker (who is out of state so I can't get a restraining order unless they are in my state)
>tell them what to do if he comes around
>get stuck with my most autistic friend, who last year screamed about not wanting to go to "this shitty convention" but ended up coming last minute and demanding she stay in our hotel room.
>she keeps chuckling for some weird reason as we are looking in the artist alley
>"what's so funny"
>"He's been following you this whole time anon, its hilarous! you didn't even know! haha, look at you, you're so freaked out!"
>He starts walking up to me looking smug
>PANIC.jpeg
>I shove the autistic landwhale into him, and she lands on top of him like a beach whale
>book it

After the convention, she for some reason stole some of my cosplay from the hotel room (she couldn't fit it)

I got it returned but jesus, I think my other friends just hang out with her out of pity.

>> No.8088771

>>8088098
>>8088119
>bf always wants to fuck at cons
>doesn't understand how fucking ruse that is when you're sharing the room with other people
>won't pay up for us to have a room of our own
>just complains about not getting it

Why

>> No.8088775

>>8088771
*rude

>> No.8088845

I once had my rise abandon me and my girlfriend in a place that was two hours away from our home, because they "assumed we had a ride home", even though we asked them the night before if we still had a ride and they were like "Yeah."

I can name drop, if anybody is interested. These people are pretty much dirt to me now.

>> No.8088846

>>8088845
*rude

>> No.8088865

tfw the only friend I can do cosplay pairs with doesn't suit anything

>> No.8089022

>>8088865
>tfw only friend I can do cosplay pairs with hates anything I suggest

>> No.8089695

>>8088669

If you think you should be worried, you shouldn't be with her. Plain and simple.

>> No.8089722

>>8088723
>Ignored that I said gf AND bf
>Implying that I'm not talking about in general, straight, gay, or bisexual
>Implying that you know about happy relationships at cons in the first place

Seriously anon you sound like one of those sandy bitches who throw rocks at happy old couples. I go with my bf and mind you we have fun because we have the same interests so we go to panels, etc. It helps that we couple cosplay too.

>> No.8089745

>go to con with crazy party friend from high school (friend A), the crazy party guy we only ever see at the con (friend B), and super-nervous shy nerd friend from high school (friend C)
>all stay in same room
>A and B really irritated that I want to actually do con things instead of wandering around getting absolutely blitzed at two in the afternoon
>A keeps yelling at people, nearly get us kicked out a couple times
>I tell them to fuck off and go to have fun
>get a call from C later...someone has trashed our room
>it's an apocalypse. Chocolate smeared onto every surface and crushed into the carpets, soda poured over every single towel, which are all shoved into the shower stall drain, shower left on, water everywhere
>candy thrown everywhere
>all covers stripped off the bed, candy smeared on bed
>ask A and B what happened, they both shrug and say someone must have broken in
>have to sleep on candied-up floor
>have to pay hotel massive cleaning fee, A refuses to help pay
>years later, B confides that A did it, all of it, b/c he wanted attention
>A wounded B's hand that night and called me 1000 times trying to get me to leave panels/video rooms to hang out with him and drink alone
>A decided to take vengeance via the room
>A lied to me for years and never fessed up

And he wonders why I never want to speak to him again

>> No.8089774
File: 177 KB, 800x576, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8088865
>>8089022
tfw no friends to cosplay with

>> No.8089786

If you get caught fucking while sharing a room, you are doing it wrong.

Gotta get that stealth sex in there. If no one finds out, and you are a gent who calls up room service to change the sheets before your friends get there, it's all gravy.

>> No.8089885

>>8089722
I was more referring to the fedora comment.

I'm not telling you to stop going to cons with your bf. Just that, like with any relationship, you need to compromise and that is not 'fun'. I mean, sure, you get the additional happiness of being able to spend time with a person you like while doing things you like... but I find it much more satisfying to go around on my own and meet up with them later. Maybe it has to do with the amount of activities the con has the offer, or that I just like doing a lot of things during a con. I don't want anyone to cling to me, and I believe it is unnecessary to bother other people by clinging to them.

>> No.8089909

>>8089722
>>8089885

Stop
Stop
you're wrecking it

>> No.8089929

> ugh my friend
> ugh this friend
> ugh that friend

Why the fuck are you friends??? These threads are all so stupid, no one ever has the balls to tell someone when they're being annoying,etc. Which is funny because this is cgl, I'd think you guys could be more upfront with annoying weebs and shitty roommates.

>> No.8089960

>>8089929

Everyone somehow ends up associated with a ridiculous human being and can't shake them off.

Truth be told, though, I would've preferred a CON HORROR STORIES thread

>> No.8090006

>Fat ugly girl who is part of the group only because coolest girl is bffs with her for some reason
>Madoka group time
>Ugly wants to be Kyubey
>Think this is fine since none of the girls would work for her
>She refuses to watch the show for some reason and starts pulling up gijinka designs that range from kawaii magical girl to pimp
>All look awful but a couple of us put our heads together and design a Fairy Godmother-esque Kyubey that would suit her way better and is within skill level
>She says it looks too boring and goes with something weird with a white women's business suit
>Doesn't shop for a business suit decides to make one on her own
>Oh honey no

I haven't seen the results yet but I'm not looking forward to them.

>> No.8090018

I am the one that sucks the life out of the con for the people I go with. I like the subject of the conventions, but I hate everyone that goes there. Seriously, everyone is just loud, obnoxious and too fucking weaboo. Why can't you just attend the fucking convention without having to be overtly open about your love for the subject matter. I dress normal, I attend for some panels, maybe watch a video or two, and I keep to myself.

Everyone else is just fucking autistic as fuck. Especially me.

>> No.8090021

>>8089960

Maybe I'm just a cunt, but I don't keep annoying people around me, be it in cosplay or room situations. Everyone in my close circle is pretty chill. Friends of friends I can't control, but even then bad situations are rare.

>> No.8090029
File: 195 KB, 600x800, 1419917215002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i have a friend who will never give me a room key so i can get back into the room though i have overpaid/bailed out due to unforeseen money troubles on a room or two before.
>mfw i take a bus back to the hotel, get locked out at midnight and spend the next 2-3 hours laying in front of the room with a dead phone waiting for someone

>> No.8090353

>8089960
Really? I found it rather easy to tell con autists to shove it once I graduated high school, but I guess there's also reasons a full grown adult would rather be miserable/get cheated out of money than block someone on facebook

>> No.8090357

>>8090018
I hope you are not a problem outside conventions too

>> No.8090359

>>8090006
please share when it's released

>> No.8091202

So glad that I have no friends like that

>> No.8091214

>>8088141

>fuck this jailbait

Whats up with dudes fucking jailbait at cons?

This shit happened to me with dealing with a male friend of mine whos 28 mind you.

>Otakon 2012
>Bro wants to party at rave
>Me being like yeah sure whatever just dont get back to the hotel too late
>Winds up flirting with some 16 something year old and brings her to our hotel
>He has his own bed since he was the one who reserved the hotel etc
>decides to take this girls virginity and later after walking her out the room in the morning brags about it and how he didnt use protection etc
>Tells him hes an idiot and one day he wont be so ''lucky'' when it backfires and he knocks someone up
>He laughs it off and continues to scout the con for more girls
>Wonders why I hang with him at cons sometimes.

The fact hes asian and looks young for his age gave him an advantage I suppose

>> No.8091217

>>8088753

That sadly actually happened to a good friend of mine however karma is going to be dealt with soon.

>> No.8091220

>>8088845

Yeah sure go for it.

>> No.8091672 [DELETED] 

>>8091214
>Whats up with dudes fucking jailbait at cons?
It's the purest pussy. Everything is new to them and they're cute. It's hard to explain better than that, but if pussy is all you care about that's what you go for.

>> No.8091833 [DELETED] 

>>8091672
>purest pussy
Ha ha ha no, loser. That's what you idiots tell yourselves.

It's a bunch of naive girls with no life experience to be able to tell what a defective example of manhood you are. They go off with you because they are the only ones you can manipulate into having sex with you. There's no challenge in fucking jailbait so don't try that argument either. Stating that you want untouched pussy and bragging about how many virgins you had makes you look like an insecure douchebag with an archaic expectation of women.

Other than that aspect, what's so satisfying about hooking up with someone inexperienced? You just get off on having manipulated someone who didn't know better. That's pretty pathetic, really.

>> No.8091953

>rooming with friends last minute at AX last year
>get called 6:30am while doing makeup because I have to be presentable and on-site by 7am for event setup
>have to go down to the lobby with half my face done because guy who booked the room needs help bringing food into the room RIGHT NOW and nobody else is awake
>he doesn't show up for another 20min, I look like a fuckin tool standing in the lobby with a wig cap and only one fake eyelash on
>emergency my ass

later that weekend
>My flight leaves Monday because the guy who booked the room said, in no uncertain terms, "Oh yeah we have the room until Monday you're cool"
>Saturday night they tell me "No we're leaving Sunday afternoon, what are you talking about"
>Changing my departure time would have cost more than the ticket did to begin with
>Visions of sleeping in LAX dancing through my head
>End up sleeping on another friend's hotel room floor because they were staying until like Tuesday and didn't give a fuck if I made a towel nest under the desk

and that's why I'm staying in an actual staff room this year

>> No.8092146
File: 528 KB, 1296x968, 1357752118886.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8088764
>Make entire group aware that I have a stalker

Is this a common thing at cons for some of you girls? I've read it a few times on here, and I've only ever gone to comic con (and I'm a guy) so I wouldn't really know

>He starts walking up to me looking smug
Jesus

>> No.8092148 [DELETED] 

>>8091672
That's so fucking hilarious

>> No.8092162

>>8092146
I've seen it more than a few times when I was staff. Never experienced it first hand, thankfully.

The closest thing that happened to me was fugly teacher that had a thing for me and wouldn't take the hint that I had a girlfriend (nevermind that I was also a high schooler, he was well into his 30s, and I had 0 interest in him) saw me at NYCC with a group of friends and my boyfriend and said, really loudly "What the fuck is SHE doing here?"

To this day, that seems like a weird as fuck reaction. I didn't know conventions were like prom.

>> No.8092277 [DELETED] 

>>8091833

Nah you got it all wrong. Some want to pop cherries due to the fact it feels pretty damn good to stick it in someone so tight you know?

Ive only taken 4 virginities though and none of them were con related either so its not just conventions that people can easily have access to jailbait etc. However I dont fuck with jailbait only 18 and up for me.

>> No.8092296

>>8091214
its the fact hes Asian everyone jumps through loops for Asians male or female

>> No.8092332

>>8092146
well at lease she warned them, it better to be aware then surprised when a stranger shows ups.

Also as a guy who happens to go to comic-con first time I rented a room with one of my co-workers who also goes had my general plan as following
>plan on doing my own thing, so if you want to meet up to hangout for a little at the con or get lunch or dinner text me
>let me know if you plan on bring anyone to the room, and if you plan on doing anything with let me know and when you'll be done
>were not bring anyone else in to crash unless they pay a portion of room pay, exception for one mabye two nights if I know them
(this one isn't actively but on the off chance it does.)
>if there is a do not disturb sign on the door knock 3 times and ill give you some spending money to go do something and if you need to drop stuff of just let me know ahead of time.

overall experience was well beyond expect shits, giggles, and good times.

>> No.8092341

>>8090018
>why the fuck do people have fun with something they love?

yes anon, i think you are correct in believing that you may be autistic.

>> No.8092347 [DELETED] 

>>8092277
You have no idea how those holes work. Who the hell had the displeasure of getting fucked by you?

Just be real and say virgins don't know the difference between good and bad sex.

>> No.8092348

>>8092341
not that anon but if acting fun is being loud obnoxious hetalia-tier weebs then they're obviously autistic.

>> No.8092358 [DELETED] 

>>8092347

Not the one you replied to but are you implying a virgin girl isnt tighter in her hole than a non virgin? Or one who has fucked so many guys her vag looks like a wizards sleeve?

>> No.8092359

>>8092348
yeah maximum weeb is obnoxious, but cons are loud and filled with laughter and people yelling/talking to eachother. that's p normal. other anon sounds like a stick in the mud

>> No.8092367 [DELETED] 

>>8092358
just jumping in on this to say that sometimes, yes. depends on the person. it's surrounded by muscle, every girl's different, etc. virgins can also *appear* much tighter because they're clenching like crazy cuz they're fucking nervous about losing their virginity and also it hurts a bit.

>> No.8092436

>>8088010
>tons of people you knew from school go to cons to "hang out"
>they just watch mainstream series
i hate them so god damn much

>> No.8092541 [DELETED] 

>>8092277
Bruh tightness is determined by two things and neither of them is virginity. One of them however is arousal. So if you'd like to continue feeling confident about your sexual prowess you'd better hope those hot teens were into doing kegels.

>> No.8092571

>>8092146
Yes. My girlfriend has a couple guys that clearly follow her facebook page and have stopped by to say hello at conventions. I've told one of them to fuck off because he always creeps us out.

>> No.8092604
File: 105 KB, 400x450, 1407614844700.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8092146
>Is this a common thing at cons for some of you girls? I've read it a few times on here, and I've only ever gone to comic con (and I'm a guy) so I wouldn't really know

I actually have a female stalker. I told her to stop cheating on her boyfriend in private, and her friends backed me up and agreed that finding her making out with other guys all the time was unsettling.

When her boyfriend inevitably found out, she started treating me like shit, saying its all my fault and lost all of her friends because of it.

Now she follows me around at conventions, malls, you name it, trying to start a confrontation with me.

I tell my friends about her at well. you can always know she's close when you hear the calls of "Bitch! Slut! Whoreeee!" (kind of funny that she's calling me things she is)

I'm wondering what I can do about it.

>> No.8092642 [DELETED] 

>>8092358
vaginas are different from anuses (is that how that's pluralized?). anal sex can stretch out the area permanently, but a vagina is literally built to stretch out hugely and then go back to a correct shape. or did you imagine that women who've given birth just wander around with their vag around their ankles- admittedly a really funny thought tho.

you just weren't able to relax the girls you fucked, I'm willing to bet you're now the star of one of their bad sex stories.

>> No.8092942

>>8088845
If they're still active, then please.

>> No.8093396

>>8090029
I travel often
>90% of the time you can talk your way into any room
>100% of the time no fucks are given on either side if you fail

mfw I actually have a stack of room keys in my kitchen because I keep losing them

>> No.8095802

>>8092436

>legions of teenagers come to ACen solely for the rave
>rave forums mention ACen asking what the hell cosplay is
>people in line wondering what the fuck all these nerds are doing here, don't they know it's a rave

I try not to judge other peoples' interests but anytime someone says they can't wait for the rave my opinion of them lowers just a bit

>> No.8096230

>>8092604
Fight her irl

>> No.8096404

>>8088846
>>8088775
rude

>> No.8096457
File: 9 KB, 500x154, tumblr_mlf5f1HCLp1s1w867o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is long and spans a few months but Jesus it's amazing how one person can completely ruin fun so easily.
>Mutual friend that I would call more of an acquaintance
>No job, lives with parents, flunked out of school, no visible effort to change any of this
>Hang out with him very seldomly, only in groups
>Spend a day with him and another guy I liked at the time during summer
>Have a fun dream amusement park day
>Fast forward a few weeks and guy liked becomes guy that is my bf
>Acquaintance "friend" goes off on me, gives me a long sob story because I "lead him on"
>Tells me he wasn't interested in me but thought a relationship would "help his depression" and I was convenient (he seriously told me this)
>At first hella guilt tripped and feel bad because I might've made someone's depression worse
>Next day I'm over it, barely talk to him and he has the nerve to be butthurt by me being happy with someone else because he "wanted someone around"
>Dude is officially on my shitlist
>See him sporadically throughout the coming months
>Whenever I see him it's not because he's invited, he literally just walks into friends' apartments/follows people around
>Fast forward to last weekend convention
>Bf is way too nice and gives pathetic guy a spot in our room even though nobody likes us
>ughwhy.jpg
>Pathetic guy rolls into town (doesn't live in our area)
>Demands my bf accompany him to pick another friend up because he "doesn't know how to navigate the area" even though he has a smart phone and airports always have heavy signage
>Takes them hours to pick airport person up, robbing the group of con-time
>Once they return pathetic guy follows us around, whatever, ignore him
>He stays out late while we return to the room
>Me, bf, and other roomie pass out around 12:30
>Woken up around 2AM to whiny voice
>Pathetic guy whining that he has food poisoning, demands we call the paramedics
>We all freeze up for a couple of minutes
To be cont. because I need to anonymously rant

>> No.8096475
File: 31 KB, 391x366, 1379682154257.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8096457
>Eventually I have to be the one to call 911
>Pathetic guy quietly sobbing the whole time as he camps out by the bathroom
>Paramedics come, man with a terrific mustache tries to calm down pathetic guy
>Pathetic guy claims he feels like dying, that he's lost a lot of fluids and that something is terribly wrong because he can barely breathe
>His vitals turn out to be fine, breathing issues are due to him having anxiety, not food poisoning
>Paramedics basically tell him to do all the same stuff anyone does when they get a stomach virus and to keep his breathing in check
>They leave and pathetic guy starts crying again
>We're all wide awake, it's between 3 and 4 at this point
>Instead of going to sleep, we had to talk because pathetic guy demanded we "tell him a story" because it "helped"
>After hours of exhausted chatting we start falling off around 5
>Other two roomies were heavy sleepers and got to go back to sleep shortly after 5ish
>I'm a light sleeper, jolted awake constantly by pathetic's bathroom trips, sobbing, and mutterings of "oh my god it hurts" and similar
>Around 6 he calls his parents crying
>Pathetic decides that a bit of sugar would help him so he demands that I get him apple juice
>Fine, whatever, you're miserable, makes sense
>Juice machine at hotel isn't set up until 6:45
>Tell him this and he cries again
>Around 6:30 he makes me call 911 again
>Other roomies woken back up
>As I go again to get his damn apple juice he gets carted off in an ambulance
>Bf is only one with car so he has to go with pathetic to ER
>We gather his nasty stuff and clean bathroom best we can
>Once all is said and done I finally pass out around 8
>Wake up at 9:30 for a panel I wanted to go to
>Spend all of Sat. completely fueled by adrenaline
>Exhausted and irritable
>Too tired to stay up past 2AM
>Pathetic guy singlehandedly ruined the con

I know it's not his fault but it's amazing how if I had just removed that single person, I would've had a good convention!

>> No.8096480

>>8089909
>Implying that seagulls can't just goof around and have normal conversations.

>>8089885
I think it's just you anon. I don't have this problem with my bf. We usually have the same interests/cosplay ideals though so keep that in mind. Sure sometimes we separate when we want to crash at the room or get food but when at the con we usually travel and go to panels together often. It doesn't bother him and it doesn't bother me either. Most people get butthurt or frustrated about it but I don't care.

Mind you I had a boyfriend whom I never seen at a con unless he wanted sex and he didn't want to pay for his own room either so it was like he wanted to have sex in a shared room when everyone was gone or in the bathroom. It wasn't annoying but it made me feel like shite because that's the only time I would see him. When he wanted to fuck in the ass.

>rude.

>> No.8096482
File: 32 KB, 480x552, go_home_lil_nigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8088156
I'm about to pay for 2 nights at a hotel by myself because I'm going to a con alone.

Then I gotta drive 4 hours to and from the con, paying for all that gas, with only my music to entertain me.

Y'all can complain all you want about shit roomies, but they have their perks.

>> No.8096504

>>8096457
>Acquaintance "friend" goes off on me, gives me a long sob story because I "lead him on"
>Tells me he wasn't interested in me but thought a relationship would "help his depression" and I was convenient (he seriously told me this)
What a piece of shit. Pathetic guy definitely sounds like a name that suits him. Calling 911 over food poisoning? That shit really sucks, but it's no reason to call 911, especially not twice.

>> No.8096534

>Back in swine flu days, we'e 14
>Dad drives friend and I down to con
>Friend starts getting flu-y on the drive down
>Says she's okay
>Get to con, she's looking and feeling shitty
>Spend entire con looking after her, hardly going into con
>Go home after 4 hours

Turns out she forgot to mention that her neighbor was the first case's in our country, and her mother got ill the day before.

thanks friend. v

>> No.8096582

>Go to con with 2 dude friends, cosplaying in a group, they brought their shit and I made mine.
>They get butthurt because people ask for my photo not theres
>Next year at the con I go with other friends
>See those two
>One in Pikachu onesie and creeping on girls
>Other is being a childish twat with a huge sword
>He lies on the floor and wig falls off
>I give up

>> No.8096587

>Make full armor costume, kinda sexy, get lots of photos
>people I'm at con with have never been before
>They have shitty ebay costumes
>One gets butthurt because I'm getting so many photos
>Say's it's my fault that no one is paying attention to him
>Sulks all weekend
>Doesn't talk to anyone new at con
>After con says it's my fault he got no photos
>Says it is my fault no one would talk to him
>He hasn't been to a con since because I'm well known for cosplay in the area and he acts like he hates me.

>> No.8096785

With great shame I must admit that I was that friend once.

>Live in same town as a convention
>Have no car
>Parents are on vacation, mom loans me her Smart Car
>Checking into hotel room Thursday afternoon
>On my way to hotel with big ass suitcase, booze, rice cooker, and hat.
>About to get on interstate
>Some jackass cuts me off
>I hit the curb
>Destroy the front passenger side wheel
>Hole in rim the size of my foot
>Smart Cars don't have spare tires
>Freaking the fuck out
>Have to call mom to let her know
>She's pissed
>Starting to rain, hat is not supposed to get wet
>Have to call a friend to bail me out, he's not happy with me
>Roadside assistance gets there, never been so happy to see a juggalo
>Finally manage to get to hotel at 9:00 PM
>Roommates pissed because I'm late and they took all the good spots in the room
>Have to take floor by bathroom
>End up being a wet blanket through the entire con
>Everyone avoids me because I was "just too damn depressing"
>Worst birthday ever

Seriously, fuck Smart Cars

>> No.8096869

>>8096230
to be honest, I was in the dealers room once and she yanked my hair from behind and called me a cunt. I decked her in the face then booked it. I'm getting real tired of this shit.

>> No.8096944

>>8089022
>tfw broke up with my gf before we could do any couple cosplays together

>> No.8097010

I've finally cut contact with a really shitty roommate I've gone to cons with for a while now, and it feels good.

>She and her mother (when we were younger, 14-17) are terrible drivers and I often fear we'll hit something or not have enough gas
>brings at least four costumes per con that require some kind of special storage (and aren't even good costumes)
>Brings at the very minimum, five bags of shit. I don't even know what some of them are for but she brings more makeup than I've ever seen in my life and doesn't even do any crazy makeup. Only does regular stuff.
>Yet somehow the bathroom is always fucking disgusting, makeup, brushes, other toiletries, soggy towels everywhere and I feel grossed out even stepping in there, only take things from my toiletry bag in there that I need to because I don't want it to get grimy
>Absolutely trashes the room with said shit, looks like a tornado went through the entire place and scattered her junk everywhere
>I take 2 bags at most, keep all my shit together, don't leave things around for fear of it being trampled
>She bitches that I have to help her clean stuff up so we can make checkout time on sundays, every con. My stuff is always packed and ready to go at least an hour before checkout. She waits til the very last minute.
>Spoiled by parents and has a ton of spending money, puts the shit she buys everywhere (including on my sleeping area)

Been dealing with it for years but I've decided to finally cut her off after the last con. It's a big weight off of my shoulders.

>> No.8097020

>>8096482
That's going to be me in a few months except I'm flying to another state. My friend will be there, but I'm staying in the hotel alone.
I'm pretty excited though since it will be my first time being away from my family after having my son two and a half years ago. I can't wait to be alone!

>> No.8098308

I have a friend that gets really hyped on doing group cosplays but nothing ever comes out of it and she bitches the entire Con.

>First time going to a Con together!
>Suggest doing a cosplay
>We've always talked about doing it and now we have local big name Con
>Ideas are easy and workable
>But that's it
>Just ideas
>Friend never goes any further than talking and hyping it up
>Her lack of communication and initiative turns me off
>Running out of time
>Decide to do a duo cosplay with someone else
>Day of the Con
>Duo cosplay is a hit
>Friend complains we're not getting anywhere because people keep stopping us for pictures
>Suggest splitting up and meeting again later
>Friend says no and complains the whole time about how slow we are

>Last year's Con
>Time to get cosplays started
>Friend from last year suggests group cosplay
>Ideas are easy and workable
>Friend never goes any further than talking and hyping it up
>Her lack of communication and initiative turns me off
>Rinse and repeat
>Running out of time
>Decide to do a duo cosplay with my brother
>Day of the Con
>Bro and I are a hit
>Friend ended up doing generic cosplay
>Her outfit is extremely well done but it doesn't stand out compared to us
>Friend complains we're not getting anywhere because people keep stopping us for pictures
>Suggest splitting up and meeting again later
>Friend says no and complains the whole time about not getting pictures taken

This year looks like it's going to be a repeat of the last. She's contacted me again about doing groups but it's all talk. I don't know how to handle this situation. She's adamant on doing a group cosplay and she's well enough to do her own costume so what is going on? People are weird.

>> No.8098373

>>8096944

>tfw used to do perfect bro cosplays with best friend but now that I'm engaged I have to do them with my fiancee and he doesn't want to do cosplay threesomes

It's not like I'm asking him to get in bed with us, just be one of the X-Men, fuck

>> No.8098375

>>8098373

*he being my best friend, who doesn't want to do group costumes with me and my fiancee

I need to stop day-drinking

>> No.8098382
File: 539 KB, 2000x862, 048.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't be bothered to type up this story again but after sharing a room with two former 'friends', my will to attend conventions is gone forever, and that's despite being a congoer for 11 years.

>> No.8098416

>>8098382
just some very compressed deets?

>> No.8098477

>>8098416
Well okay, since I'm unable to fall asleep right now anyway.
>About me; Suffering from a lifelong depression and anxiety, am able to take care of myself but generally needs a familiar face around me when I'm at a con
>Sharing a room with ex (we were together then) and two female friends (Friend A and B)
>About ex; Was very open about his dislike of all of my friends, I really liked him so I picked him over my friends.
>Friday of con was amazing, ex told me he loved me for the first time ever friday evening
>Friend A; A few months prior to the con she had broken up with her boyfriend and not even 5 minutes later hooked up with a new guy. They had broken up shortly before this con.
>Thursday and friday were great, ex told me he loved me for the first time.
>Friend A would ask how ex and I were doing everytime she and I were alone together. She'd also get inbetween ex and I every time we walked or sat down side by side
>Rest of the weekend, ex, Friend A and also Friend B who weren't with us as much, would ignore me and act annoyed with me, leaving me out of conversations and not saying anything to me when I tried to get involved
>Had the biggest panic attack of my life on saturday night due to trying too hard to act happy, ex left some stranger to help me
>Completely snapped on sunday evening and drunken self decided suicide was best (didn't do it obviously)
>Come back to room after another big panic attack, deciding to sleep on it instead
>Could hear all three roomies talking shit about me from outside the room (my room btw)
>Ex broke up with me later that night
>Hooked up with friend A right after, who acted completely innocent about the whole thing

>Spent months afterwards trying to explain these fucking autists that this sort of shit is not fucking ok
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Everyone hates both of them probably more than me now.
I ended up going full psycho on both of them and that seemed to work. No regrets. Still done with cons though.

>> No.8098499

>>8098477
And I apologise for the errors in that post along with the lameness of that story. It was one big pile of drama that wasn't really that nerd-related other than taking place at a con... Everyones got their own con-friend from hell, and those were mine.

>> No.8098557

>>8098477
>>8098499

Please tell me you are not still friends with friend A and B.

No seriously anon I wouldn't do this shit to my enemy.

>> No.8098586

>>8098557
Friend B is fine, she wasn't really involved in this other than knowing both my ex and A better than me. So she was on their side and wasn't quite aware exactly how shitty this was for me. We've talked it out since and we're all good.
I'm also good with all of the friends I abandoned for my ex.. Apologised to them shortly after the con and most of them wants to kick his and friend A's head in with a hammer at this point.
Friend A broke up with my ex and has disappeared from the internet. Have no idea if she has actually realised that doing this sort of thing is not a joke or if she just pretended to get it so I'd leave her alone before she quit the interwebs.

Would have loved to be friends with her since we have a ton of stuff in common, but fuck that. I can't talk to someone who I can't trust and at least I've learned to stand up for myself after all of this.

>> No.8102771

>>8092146
Yep. I've been to cons where my girl friends have warned me about guys they know, where I've come back to the room to find weirdos hanging around outside asking if I know such-and-such (I always reply no, just in case).

Oh, and my own stalker ex keeps trying to follow me around at cons.It's been three years since we broke up, I don't understand why they're still being so bizarre. At least now I know that when they threaten to harm me or my boyfriend they don't actually mean it.

>> No.8103226

Mostly lurk here but whatever

>Buddy really wants me to go to this large con something anime in the mid east Otakocan? I think
>Agree to go, never really been to a con so whatever put on my pleb level anime cosplay of space cobra
>pay for the hotel(I am not staying at "good friends house") and 90% of the food while I am there because some dude doesn't have too much money
>drive all the way there "oh hey anon can we stop by and get some liquor from walgreens or something?"
>"No anon, you can't drink at cons they will throw you out"
>"I'll just drink in the car or hide it in the mcdonalds cup"
>"No anon, cons are not places to drink or do drugs"
>Spend the whole con sober, even though half the people are high or drunk as shit
>go into every panel and the "rave" bored out of my mind

I'm not weird right? people drink often at cons correct? Like I thought that was part of the reason a lot of people go was to drink and be silly and buy over price merch

>> No.8103238

>>8103226
Most of the drinking is done at room parties, but yes, it is normal to drink at cons.

>> No.8103245

>>8103238
Ah that makes sense I guess, the cons in Ohio, everyone is piss blasted drunk. Then again, you're in Ohio....

>> No.8103268

I go to cons with my mom...
Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and most of the time this is absolutely fine and awesome.

But then sometimes, sometimes I want to go do stuff you can't do with your mom around.

>> No.8103524

>>8103245
True facts. I live in Ohio every con I've been to everyone was drunk.

>> No.8104459

>>8103226
>"No anon, cons are not places to drink or do drugs"

Jesus, your friend was a total Nerdlinger

Cons are Nerd Vegas, of course you can drink and indulge a bit, just don't be an asshole.

>> No.8104552

>>8098477
Well gee, i wonder why. Stable sally or molly mental. Not that hard of a decision.

>> No.8104570

ugh my one friend gets really annoying at cons.
>overcharges us on gas if she gives us a ride
>gets up wicked early when she doesn't need to (5 AM always)
>eats breakfast super early, therefore eats lunch earlier than noon, gets pissed off at us when we don't feel like eating because we're...not hungry?
>one time at a con got annoyed with us for not hanging out even though we invited her to everything we did, she just refused to go because she doesn't like anime (more into vidya) or didn't hang out cause she ate 2 hrs earlier than we did
>never interested in going into any panels or doing any stuff we want to do, but always makes us go to her stuff or gets all guilt tripp-y if we don't

she eats with her mouth wide open and one time at a con she woke up at 5 am and started loudly eating/chomping on her breakfast while we were all still sleeping. one of us asked her to be a bit quieter while eating, and so she threw away an entire snack. when confronted she claimed it was because we asked her to 'stop eating'. another time on the last day of a con, she left suddenly while we were still walking around and 30 mins later called me on my cellphone demanding that we get to the parking garage so we could leave ASAP even though she said it was chill if he wanted to stay there for another hour.

>> No.8104631
File: 78 KB, 1000x669, 1420177310213.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>first out of state con
>A invites J
>I'm M, K and B also attending
>5 of us, we all dress as the aquabats
>except for J
>All taking 1 car, Kia sedan. not huge, but big enough for 5
>I take 1 bag, as does A, B, and K.
>J takes 3 huge bags and a hikers backpack
>Trunk barely big enough for 5 bags, let alone 8
>has to put 3 bags with already squashed backseat passengers
>During the 5 hour drive he successfully derails every conversation with weird, unfunny tangents
>Example: So did you hear about artist? "Yeah but what if artist fucked a pig?"
>Finally get to hotel
>2 beds
>no one wants to share a bed with J
>J occupys entire bed with his shit
>2 bags full of food for a 3 day con
>2 bags crammed to bursting with at least a grand worth of booze
>only 2 of us old enough to drink besides J
>neither drink
>J broke the group cosplay with Abraham lincoln axe murderer and Yukon Cornelius
>shittier than shit cosplays, Basically just a big ugly ginger faggot in a dime store tux with no hat, and a big huge blue jacket the 2nd day
>Keep getting stopped for pictures(Aquabats super show was airing at the time)
>he's always asked to hold cameras
>Salt build-up forming
>not a single fucking person recognizes the incredible ginger mistake on the lake
>Unsalted status officially lost
>He storms off when we ditch the con for some food
>We're in fucking chicago, we chow the fuck down
>find him back at the hotel and plan for tomorrow
>Arrange our own separate ways days for saturday
>Group up again because J is a faggot
>We have a blast saturday till saturday night
>J demands we go to a bar
>I'm 24, the other guys are 20, 20, and 23 respectively. J is 24.
>Only whiteys in the bar
>all the drinks are BERRY overpriced and watered down like new orlands after a hurricane
>I've slept on the floor tursday night, friday night, i say it's his turn to sleep on the floor
Cont

>> No.8104654
File: 200 KB, 356x256, 1402891075019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8104631
>Tell J it's his turn
>Almost comes to fisticuffs
>B betas the fuck out and offers to sleep in J's bed
>J can be heard pacing at around 4AM
>he gets dressed and slams the door at 4 fucking AM sunday morning
>isn't seen till later at the con sunday
>He fucked off as we posed for photos all day with kids
>He makes us wait an extra hour because he keeps getting commissions of random shit from artists
>His head on a bat body with just weird random shit
>8th grade fat girl LOL SO RANDOM SPORK style random shit
>have maybe 150 pictures taken with various kids
>Hugged by a really cute pinkie pie cosplayer(back before brony was associated with manchldren and just /co/)
>Pinkie pie cosplayer roleplays a bit for an ecstatic 8ish or so year old dressed as fluttershy
>Cutest thing i ever saw
>J finally comes back
>Diddn't get pizza the entire trip
>All of us, including J agree we need some famous chicago style pizza
>First time we all agree with J
>He picks out a shitty restaurant off yelp
>Keeps trying to strike up a conversation with elderly couple at other table
>Painfully obvious they don't want to be bothered
>he keeps bothering them
>they leave with half their pizza still there and give it to him
>Some sort of weird cheese on the pizza that smells like farts and feet
>stinks up entire car on ride back
>Said he spent all his money at con, we have to cover his share of the bill
>Stiffs B for gas money
>Stiffs A for hotel money
>Tell J to delete me from his phone because there will never be an instance where he needs to communicate from me
>when we drop him off at his house, we leave his shit in the driveway and peel out, guy was completely bananas
>years later, tries to buddy it up with me at my job
>tell him to go to hell

>> No.8104655
File: 806 KB, 200x175, Rikishi_Don_t_give_a_fuck.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me last year
>first con ever, pretty big
>shittiest league of legends cosplay mankind has ever laid its eyes upon
>friend mad I didn't put in a lot of effort
>bitch I learnt how to sew for this shit
>moaning I forgot gloves and wig
>idgaf.gif
>was too late to buy three day pass. Fuckme.png
>shoot the shit with friends who also forgot to get Saturday ticket
>pretty much eat noodles all day
>go to sleep in cold tent
>apparently drama happened between friends but I'm a heavy sleeper so didn't notice
>wake up next day, friend gone
>quesque le fuck man
>couldn't take drama so took some guys dick instead crashed at his hotel room
>noproblemo.webm

I had fun.

>> No.8104668

>>8104631
>>8104654

>Chicago
Acen or Midwest?

>> No.8104673

>>8104668
C2E2. Got to meet Ed Boon.

Eyebrows nearly devoured me.

>> No.8104675

>>8104673
Ah I knew it was either one of those two or C2E2. Don't feel bad I know your pain with room sharing.

Curious what Chicago pizza place did you go to?

>> No.8104683

>>8104675
i sincerely can't remember.

Went to koreatown for some chinese food. Shit was the best meal i've ever had in my entire life.

>> No.8104714

>>8088771
>>8088775
Is it?
People have never been shy about having sex near me as long as there's at least 2 inches of something between us. I thought it was normal for anyone under 30ish.

>> No.8104723

>>8104683
>Koreantown

You mean China town near 20th street? Or do you mean the place near uptown?

>> No.8104741
File: 53 KB, 395x385, 1420424151002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8104655
>couldn't take drama so took some guys dick instead crashed at his hotel room

>> No.8104743

>>8104552
Because seducing the boyfriend of your mentally ill friend is totally the typical behavior of a rational human being. Right. I rank this bait 4/10 because I responded.

>> No.8104753
File: 962 KB, 320x260, Nice2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8104743
because being in a relationship with a hot mess minus the hot part is a worthwhile pursuit amirite? Sounds like he dropped the zero and came out a hero to me.

>> No.8104801

>>8104631
oh man

>> No.8104818

>Go to con in a group with friends A and B
>B is chill as hell
>A acts like she's cos famous or some shit
>A spends 5 hours dragging me and B around trying to look for her other friends, we don't get to do anything else
>Can't find them
>A breaks down in tears
>"this is the worst con I haven't seen any of my friends I just want to spend my con with friends" blah blah
>Good to know B and I are just chopped liver

>> No.8104838
File: 167 KB, 480x640, 2013-04-28 17.16.51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8104723
Fuck i really don't know. It was within walking distance of McCormic place.

Found a pic of the pinkie pie cosplayer at least. Fuck man, she was pro as fuck. she had the personality down and she was great with kids.

>> No.8104850

>>8104838
Lol looks like you had a good time with her despite the drama.

>> No.8104973

This is going to be long, but fuck, this was the worst con experience out of the entire 3 I've had, and I have to get it out.

>last year
>it's only my second con ever
>invited by some people I don't know too well, but have hung out with before
>me, T, A, and A's boyfriend, P.

>I decide to cosplay, first time ever for that
>talking to A on Facebook, she wants to do matching outfits
>superheroes
>I'm not big into superheroes, so I tell her that I would be uncomfortable doing that, since I know nothing about the character she wanted me to cosplay (Jinx, from Teen Titans.)
>plus I'm on a budget, decide to do a poorfag cosplay, something easy I can't fuck up
>decide on Kaiji
>she gets really pissy that I won't match, tries to convince me I can get materials for cheap online, that she can handle making the cosplay
>I'm adamant about wanting to do a character I actually like
>tells me that it's a stupid idea, since she's never even heard of it before, so nobody at the con will recognize it either
>I don't really give a shit
>the convo dies out back to con planning

>the day of the con arrives and we're all supposed to meet up at A's house and leave town by 8AM so we can make it to some of the panels we want to go to
>arrive at her house at 7:45 and tell her I'm there
>the first words out of her mouth are "can you sew?"
>she still needs to finish her and her boyfriend's cosplays
>mfw she's had no job for months and had all the time in the world to do this
>tell her I can, and she hands me a glove and a needle
>the material is that shitty, shiny, cheapo shit, and the fingers are pointed and jagged
>glue-on hem line with hot glue everywhere
>shrug and begin sewing
>P and T arrive while I'm doing this, and help as well
>an hour passes and I finish the glove
>P tries it on, and it doesn't fit at all
>A laughs it off, and we finally decide to leave for the con, an hour late

>> No.8104976

>>8104973
>as soon as we get 5 minutes down the road, A says she's hungry
>I figure we'll just stop at Mickey D's real quick, but nope, she wants a sit-down breakfast
>stop at a local resturant, she orders a full breakfast plate
>I get oatmeal, and T gets some tea (hehe) while we wait
>another hour passes, and we leave the resturant
>finally, 2 HOURS after we were initially supposed to leave, we set out for the con

>around 1PM, we arrive, but miss some of the panels
>no big deal though
>T is already wearing most of her cosplay, just needs to put on her belt and cape (she was Raven)
>A made them both, the belt is smudged with paint and fingerprints everywhere, but doesn't look bad from a distance
>the cape is a bit too long, but not bad
>A grips it firmly in both hands and riiiiiips it in half
>now it's too short and frayed
>T is horrified, but wears it anyways

>> No.8104979

>>8104976
>get into the convention center
>we go to the bathroom to change the rest of the way into our cosplays
>I only need to put my wig on, so I do that (badly, I might add, haha) and help T put some temporary purple hair dye in while we wait for A to change
>A comes out of the bathroom stall
>she's some version of Catwoman but you can't really tell
>everything is made out of that shitty, shiny, cheapo shit and is badly (if at all) hemmed
>her purple dress has a large V-neck that actually goes around and under her breasts, exposing her entire bra
>has a slit all the way up to damn near her panty line
>her cape is a single green piece, held in place by two velcro strips on her shoulders
>has on a badly cut red wig, with two little itty bitty fabric cat ears peeking out
>her eye mask (?) thing is just a piece of fabric with two slits cut out
>godawful makeup
>old green sandals for some reason
>I should also mention that she's just shy of 400lbs, so you can imagine how this looks
>she takes a few minutes checking herself over, then decides to go as a "gypsy"
>ties the mask around her wig, and uses the cape as a sash to cover her bra
>I wish I had nabbed a picture, but I didn't

>we exit the bathroom to go meet up with P, who had been putting his cosplay (Batman) in the meantime
>it's an entire one piece suit made of fleece, and the details in shiny shit
>he's wearing his clothes on underneath it, for some reason and is obiviously overheating already
>this kills the man.jpg
>his cowl is all sewn together, no support, so it's all droopy
>he wears his glasses on top of it
>he walks around for a bit, decides it's too hot, and makes his way out of the outfit somehow
>this whole time I'm trying not to crack up at this whole situation and thanking god that I didn't agree to having her make my cosplay

>> No.8104982

>>8104979

>FINALLY CON STUFF
>T and I had never been to this particular con
>A leads us straight to all the things she wants to do, not really letting us look around
>literally acts like a queen bee the entire time, like she owns the damn convention center
>a few people ask for my picture while we walk around
>I awkwardly stand there, I didn't know I was supposed to practice posing, oops
>A berates me for this, saying that it's common sense, which I'll admit, it kind of is in retrospect, but there was no need to be rude
>as a few more people take my picture, she starts getting a bit more pissy with me
>"You know, you're not even cosplaying right now, you just bought all your stuff, so you aren't a real cosplayer."
>"You're just a poser."
>"You didn't even put any effort into your outfit, I don't see why people want your picture."
>It starts grating on my nerves and starts bringing my spirits down
>it's not even just the cosplay, any time T or I suggest a panel or something we want to go to, she gets angry
>literally just tells me to shut up at one point
>I have just about had it, and I go off on my own after they go into a Disney sing along panel
>walk around a bit, check out some things I wanted to see, start to calm down a bit
>T joins me later and we talk around and have some fun by ourselves
>around dinner time we head to a market a few blocks from the con with A and P
>not bad, but the snarky remarks and bossy attitude continue

>T and I break away again, and just people watch for a bit
>kind of want to talk to people but dealing with A's bullshit has left us kind of exhausted
>I'm sure to the people I did talk to, I came across as high or some shit with how tired I was
>really kind of sucks because there was a cute girl I wanted to talk to, but I just kind of rambled at her and it got awkward
>oh well, still had fun with T anyways

>> No.8104986

>>8104982
>T wants to go to the rave later, but I've never been to one, so I decline, but walk with her anyways and we meet A & P on the way there
>A tells her that it's stupid and she shouldn't go
>T doesn't listen and goes anyways
>while T is in the rave, A and I talk
>not too bad but she tells me lots of personal things about T and her homelife, which I found disrespectful

>time to head back to the hotel
>T and I were supposed to share a room, but the reservations got fucked up and we ended up having to stay with A & P.
>played a few pretty fund rounds of Cards Against Humanity, but we were all too tired to continue
>one bed, so T & I take the chairs and desk
>eventually I just drift to the floor because fuck it
>wake up at one point in the night
>A is making out with P in bed, at least from what I hear
>not gonna get up to look but still can hear it
>fall asleep some time later

>the next morning, head back to the con
>T and I hang out again
>have fun with her bubble gun and stuff
>it's the last day of the con though, so not much going on
>a lot of people goofing off however which was fun to watch
>A is pissed that T and I aren't hanging with her as much as she wants us too
>demands we leave after the panel T and I are in ends
>gets really pissy and keeps bitching about it all the way home

>> No.8104988

>>8104986
>on the way home, T gets carsick, and has cramps to top it off
>we're only 20 minutes away by now
>T is in a ball in the backseat at this point
>A is hungry again
>wants a sit down dinner
>we stop at Denny's
>T isn't hungry at all
>it's during the fall, so it's still pretty hot out
>A goes in the diner, tells me not to worry about T, that she'll be fine in the car
>seriously who the fuck treats their friend like this
>I ask T if she's okay, she assures me she's fine
>I leave her alone because I don't know her that well, and the whole situation is awkward as hell
>A gets the biggest meal there, plus dessert
>we're probably there for 45 minutes before T comes in to use the restroom
>T sits with us and gets a drink
>A and P keep chatting, we're probably at the diner for 2 hours total
>finally leave, make it home, and I enjoy a nice sleep later

Talking with T, it turns out A is always like this if not worse. Apparently she once billed T for $300 for one con stay, which was divided three ways between food, gas, and the hotel itself.
She also thinks she has a reputation at cons, and has told T that if she wears outfits she doesn't like, that it'll tarnish her reputation and she won't hang out with T anymore. Her brother does interviews for cons, and they both think they're the grand poobahs of anime knoweledge or something, which can get really grating when they don't know that much, honestly. She just looked down on us the entire time since we were new to cons, and made us feel really shitty, so the entire trip wasn't as great as it could have been. She also tried to make a "nerdy girls" YouTube channel with T and another friend which flopped hard, and has her own cosplay page on Facebook now, which does nothing but boost her already huge ego.

T and I have been hanging out more and more though, which is good. We both went to a con together quite recently, and aside from a few hiccups and my car almost breaking down, it was pretty nice.

>> No.8104990

>>8088010
>go to cons by myself now
>occasionally meet up with friends
boom

>> No.8105001

>>8098308
You should make your costume anyways, and when the con date gets nearer talk about how good it's coming along and ask her about hers. If she didn't do it, then too bad so sad, you're flying solo. If she did do it, then hooray, you have someone to cosplay with. If she complains about not getting around fast enough/not having as many pictures, then tell her she should actually make a costume for next year instead of being all talk.

>> No.8105041

That one friend that follows you like a lost puppy and cries when you try to leave them behind.

Ugh...

>> No.8105275
File: 493 KB, 270x268, 1390177820996.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8096944
>did couple cosplay with last gf about a year ago
>we broke up, and the characters stopped being a couple
>huh. alright then
>I'm going to be doing my half of it again, but I'm improving it this time because I have a much better budget
>mfw

>> No.8105357

>>8104552
The girl he hooked up with had a ton of mental and physical problem, no confidence and no social skills.
As said in a previous post, she and I had a lot in common. He just picked the flavor of the month. I would have been less upset if he had told me things as they were instead of ignoring me hoping I'd go away that way.
Liking a manipulative asshole who hates everything you like and takes full advantage of your love for him will fuck you up. When I first met him, I had gotten out of therapy for most of my problems and was pretty stable and ready to start over. After spending enough time with him I was right back to where I started, miserable, suicidal and angry at everything.
10/10 made me respond.

>First time sharing room with ex at a con
>Arrive friday, feeling ill from travelling all day
>Saturday, while taking a shower he asks "Is it okay if I kiss other girls when you're here?"
>No
>He brings back a girl to the room a few hours later, expects me to not be pissed about it
>Evening time, party-time
>Have calmed down after being in a pretty awful mood most of the day
>See a friend who I haven't seen in forever, and she invites me over to drink
>We weeb it out all night while ex is at the rave
>Next day ex looks pissed off
>Finally get him to say what's up
>We should split up
>Reasons include me talking to my friend instead of dancing with him at the shitty rave, among other things
>Proceeds to leave me crying in our room for 10 hours, while getting yelled at by the only mutual friend we had
>Show up to the room, try to calm me down, make me come downstairs to the bar with him so he can cheer me up with drinks
>Abandons me for the rave the minute we enter the bar, where there is not a single person I've met before
>Monday morning, he kisses me and acts like nothing happened.
>Worst con ever.

Honestly, I'd take spending time with an obese autistic anime fan or insane cosplayer over this. Need the con experience back badly.

>> No.8105904

>>8096587
This.
Butthurt roomies are the worse. I get a few who whine about attention.

>> No.8105922
File: 977 KB, 400x171, 75.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>First time going to con without big group cosplay
>Only 3 of us
>One friend is just doing lolita for the weekend, really chill
>Other friend too scared to cosplay, wonder why he even came with us
>When we get in cosplay and all ready he starts crying
>Me and lolita ask him whats wrong
>He's scared about leaving his damn house
>He still lives with parents and has no job
>We get to con and he doesn't want to do anything but sit in a boring panel
>We try to leave but he says "If you leave I'll have a breakdown"
>Me and lolita groan, but stay
>Finish panel and realize that he got a VIP ticket
>Try to cheer him up by going to the main lobby and getting the little goodie bag for him
>He's too terrified to go get his own vip shit
>At this point I'm so pissed off and my Lolita friend is about to leave if he doesn't get his shit together
>Say I'll get the stuff for him
>"No anon, I don't even want it"
>WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT FREE STUFF
>Skip to next day
>Went to go see a homestuck panel
>He gets all worked up and has anxiety because he hasn't caught up with any of the comic
>Tell him it's fine, it's not that big of a deal
>He freaks out at me and lolita friend, decides to stay in hotel almost the rest of the day
>Have great time without him
>We get back at the hotel with some food around 1 or 2 in the morning
>He screams at us upset about waking him up and not getting him food
>We just say whatever and eat food, get changed and sleep
>We both agree to never go to a con with him again

I'm pretty sure he's still living with his parents and not leaving his damn house.

>> No.8105936

Biggest pet peeve:
That one fuckin lazy ass friend who refuses to clean their mess in the hotel room and leave on the final day before you do so you're stuck with their mess.

These days, I'm very selective on who'll stay in my room.

>> No.8105972

>>8105275
Similar thing, girlfriend relied on me to buy/make all of her stuff, we break up, see her next time with some fat weeb boyfriend and weighing about 50 lbs more wearing what looks to be a halloween costume of Princess Peach (one of those ones that's clearly 'inspired by' but named something like "Plumber's Princess") While I use the money I would have spent on resources for her into making a worbla Jaime Lannister cosplay, she got pissed seeing all the attention I was getting and wanted back together after noticing how many girls were speaking to me. No fucks given towards her as I was practically drowning in women (but way too beta to actually act on it) Still, best con ever.

>> No.8106244

>>8105922
Jesus christ, Anon, what's wrong with you? Your friend clearly has major anxiety issues. I know it's annoying to deal with when you're trying to relax and have fun, but there's nothing he can do about it if he's not on medication/in therapy. Have some damn sympathy.

>> No.8106262

>>8106244
>implying friends are therapists
If his anxiety is that bad, he needs to work on it, not get babied by his friends. He should have known the con was going to be too much for him and should have prepared accordingly instead of expecting his friends to act as enablers.

>> No.8106270

>>8106244
No, fuck that. People don't get a free pass to be an asshole or monopolize someone because they have mental illness. As a mentally ill person it is MY job to realize when I am not ready for a social situation. He fucked that part up and could have ruined the entire con for anon had she and her friend not wisely decided to just let him be - which he then bitched them out for. He's a baby and he needs to grow the fuck up.

I hate this trend of being "accepting" of mental illnesses and trying to baby the person who has them instead of actually being helpful. No, mental illness is not The Worst Thing Ever and someone with a mental illness isn't going to automatically turn into a serial killer. But yeah it does suck, it's not a badge of honor, and it's something that needs management and treatment - not coddling.

>> No.8106271

>>8106262
I wasn't saying they should "be therapists," but Anon could've had the decency to take it in stride instead of bitching about it and acting like they guy was just being a douche.
They're not obliged to take care of him or go to cons with him, but talking shit about him like that was just a dick move.

>> No.8106272

>>8106271
This is literally a thread for bitching about friends who have fucked up con experiences for you. Maybe just hide it if you don't like it.

>> No.8106275

>>8106244
>You're not allowed to have fun because I have a disorder
You're being an asshole. You can't expect your friends to drop everything they're doing to take care of you. I have anxiety too and I don't put myself in situations where my friends have to take care of me. Grow up.

>> No.8107245

>Go to last convention with cosplay bff, she says she's on the hunt for some D
>ok.jpg.
>proceeds to try and hook up with her ex-boyfriend at a random room party, he looks uncomfortable and keeps scooting away from her on the couch
>can't leave because other friend is passed out drunk and we haven't even started yet
>don't really wanna sit there and watch youtube videos at this lame party or watch my friend throw herself at this clearly uninterested guy, so decide to binge drink.
>play fun game "everytime she says something cringey, take a drink"
>after about 20 minutes of this, my passed out friend miraculously wakes up and we decide to go outside for a smoke
>gone for only 20 minutes and come back, cosplay bff is somehow slur-drunk and is talking quietly with ex-boyfriend
>apparently he let her down gently and she decided fuck it lets drink - she seems all happy when we leave
>get a text to go to a really high end top floor room party, fuck yeah lets go
>as soon as we get to the elevators, she starts bawling her fucking head off and we can't get her to get off the floor
>spend the next 20 minutes trying to find the room party (presidential suite yassss) and consoling friend
>get into party, she latches onto the nearest person and just starts life storying it up - we slip away and start mingling
>we leave party, she decides to hook up with some random guy - we say k, ask guy to be a gentleman and take her back to his room for whatever. We were staying at the hotel down the street and she didn't have a key to get in, so we just assumed
>Second friend and I leave hotel to get back to host-hotel to get food, we return and find out from the front desk cosplay bff and random guy namedropped to get into our hotel room without a key and they let her in
>kick down the door, ruin guys boner apparently and say "you got 25 minutes - make it count" and go back to the car
>end up falling asleep in the car for the next hour

>> No.8107258

>>8107245
>get back up to room about an hour later, guy is gone
>apparently we killed the mood and the guy couldn't finish or something
>find out in the morning she didn't wear a condom and couldn't remember the guys name

>months later, we have a convention next weekend
>room only has one bed in it (rooms under my card, so her and I are sharing the bed) and two other people are sleeping on the floor
>says she's gonna try and hook up with ex-bf again
>theres no way in hell I'm sleeping in the same bed that someone gooshed in. just no.
>tell her politely no strangers in the room and nobody is allowed to bring anybody back for sex
>tries to get me to let her bring ex-bf because "hes not a stranger" - yeah no.

Go do it in an stairwell, parking garage, whatever. That's half the fun anyways. Usually we don't have any problems and weekends go by smooth as hell, but last time was a bit of a disaster. Next weekend being Valentine's Day should be interesting, but hopefully she'll respect the wishes of the other people in the room to not bring strange people back with her. All of us other than her have SOs and don't need to do anything like that. I sure hope nothing goes down, because I will be pissed.

>> No.8107362

>>8107258
You're going to a convention with her on Valentines Day? g'luck

>> No.8108599

>>8089774
My ex gf

>> No.8108634
File: 483 KB, 500x282, tumblr_n15ibnXPBg1rvzbdgo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8091214
>The fact hes asian and looks young for his age gave him an advantage I suppose

>> No.8108658
File: 9 KB, 260x200, 1192.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>before I made convention friends I used to cosplay with three girls from my school
>one's a total angel, she doesn't sew but I love her so much I make all her cosplays for her
>other two can sew but are really catty and like conventions for the attention it brings
>these two are also the obnoxious kind of musical theater majors
>all decide to stay together for a pretty big convention
>all cosplay League of Legends
>bitch #1 doesn't play the game, said she's going to cosplay Ahri
>shows up in a shitty, ill-fitted (boob fat spilling out) maid dress and a black wig with party city cat ears
>compliment her makeup, but point out how ahri has whiskers on her face
>offer to draw them on for her
>she gives me a really nasty look and rolls her eyes
>other bitch cosplaying Jinx
>only like Level 5 in League
>weighs like 300 pounds
>stretchmarks everywhere
>makes shitty "heehee im so crazeeee XDDD" jokes very loudly in our fairly small hotel room
>Ahri takes 3 hours to do basic cat eye makeup and makes us wait for her
>finally leave room, go to con
>angel friend and I cosplaying Garen and Kat, get a lot of attention because I spent weeks detailing the armor
>fat Jinx gets absolutley no pictures
>Ahri gets pictures with gross betas
>halfway through the day, me and Katarina go to do a shoot with a photog we'd met
>Jinx bursts into tears and runs away, saggy fat jiggling
>Ahri goes ballistic
>"YOU FUCKING INSENSITIVE SHITLORD"
>chases after Jinx
>Call them multiple times and ask what's up
>never respond
>finally get back to hotel room
>we're fucking locked out
>no idea where the other two went because they're gone and not responding to messages
>me and friend are exhausted, decide to ask for a key from front desk
>tfw they actually let us get one despite no ID because they recgonized us
>get into room
>fucking trashed
Cont

>> No.8108667

>>8108658
F5 F5 F5

>> No.8108668

>Doesn't drive because poorfag and I don't own a car
>Local friend goes to every con I go to, has a car and shit
>agrees to ride with them
>Oh yeah let's leave the day of the con we'll beat traffic thursday night
>Doesn't leave till late morning on friday despite having all of thursday night free to drive
>Always gets to cons really late the first day
>I don't feel like going sunday anon, lets leave early saturday night
>mfw i dont even enjoying being with them i just want a ride

As soon as I get my own car I'm dumping them as a ride, I will admit I am a control freak but it's annoying having limited time at a con because my driver doesn't know how to plan around cons.

>> No.8108678
File: 26 KB, 381x393, 1189.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8108658
>shitty Jinx paint everywhere, empty food packages, half eaten food, crumbs, stains, you name it
>we try to clean up as much as we can, some of the shit doesn't come out of the fucking carpet
>just decide fuck it, leave a wet rag + cleaning solution on the stain, hope it will remove stain
>we go out to dinner, hang with some cosplayers we met that day
>come back to room around 10pm, crash immediately
>around 2am, they start banging on the door fucking SCREAMING
>I wake up, run to the door, ask them what's wrong because it sounded like they were being killed
>they start laughing "haha anon we were joking you idiot"
>tell them to be quiet because we were trying to sleep
>very clearly both really fucking high
>Ahri literally throws her bag on the floor, shit goes spilling out everywhere
>makeup all over the floor
>I'm pissed, decide to just sleep and clean it up for them in the morning
>they stay up talking
>suddenly, start fucking singing
>very loudly
>tell them to shut the fuck up
>Jinx starts talking shit about me, calling me a man-whore, etc.
>"You and your slut friend took all of our attention."
>Point out how I had spent months on our armor and weapons, attention might've been deserved
>Ahri says that she spent 90 hours on her cosplay
>"You must be an excellent seamstress to spend 90 hours on a lopsided hem"
>She throws her waterbottle at me, makes a "Harumph!" noise that she probably copied from a shitty English Dub, and pretends to fall asleep
>Jinx just stares at me
>Suddenly, "Anon, you shouldn't fall asleep because I might kill you"
>holyfuckingshit
>"Heehee just kidding! U mad?"
>holyfuckingshit
>Con followed this pattern for the rest of the weekend
>get home, tired and sick and with a seemingly perpetual migraine
>mfw Ahri made a fucking callout post about me
>apparently I raped everyone in the room
>mfw I'm gay as hell
>mfw even if I was straight I wouldn't fuck that
>mfw people actually believed her
Never roomed with them again.

>> No.8108699

>>8104631
>all the drinks are BERRY overpriced and watered down like new orlands after a hurricane

lel

>> No.8108787

>>8088010
I'd kick em to the curb, no need to have "friends" like that around.

>> No.8108789

>>8088098
I can deal with this...

>> No.8108790

>>8088119
Get laid bro

>> No.8108792

>>8088669
Only if alpha males such as me are their to take women from sissy boys like you

>> No.8108799

>>8091214
Asians don't have to worry about taking any virginities, their pee pees are small

>> No.8108801

>>8092146
Half the bitches here claim to have stalkers... I really question that...

>> No.8108802

>>8092571
You sound insecure, better hope one of them doesn't look like Brad Pitt, then your girl won't be so "creeped out"

>> No.8108805

>>8096475
You sound like a complete bitch, I feel bad for your BF

>> No.8108806

>>8098308
Grow some balls and tell her she makes the experience well, a hassle.

>> No.8108808

>>8098477
You shouldn't be in a relationship, you're unstable.

>> No.8108811

>>8108801
Weebs are insane, regardless of gender. If you give the wrong person even the smallest amount of attention they'll cling to you and stalk you.

>> No.8108818

>>8108802
>>8108805
>>8108806
>>8108808
All this samefag.

>> No.8108819

>>8105357
No you wouldn't, you love assholes, hence why you took him back at the time.

>> No.8108822

>>8107258
Why aren't you banging her? Whats wrong with your penis?

>> No.8108847
File: 2.26 MB, 288x540, 1413955223496.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8108818
>>8108818

lol I was reading through thinking the same thing. I wonder what he wants from us

>> No.8108909

>>8107258
Going to Katsucon aren't you?
Pic of her, I'll take care of her for you lol.

>> No.8109206
File: 36 KB, 513x403, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8104631
>the incredible ginger mistake on the lake.

>> No.8109410

>>8088662
sounds like my friend who spent the whole day of the con playing Magic matches, like wtf mate

>> No.8109553

>>8088662
my friends at even con. every animazement i end up having to ditch panels because of my friends.

>> No.8109573

>>8088771
My boyfriend does this too. I typically just shove him off and continue sleeping, he typically gets the message.
It's rude and awkward to have sex in the hotel room if you're sharing it with people to begin with imo.

>> No.8109580

>>8109573
Last time I went to a con, I wasn't even allowed to cuddle with my then-gf. She was having none of that with others in the room. Shit, I wasn't going to try anything: just sleeping more comfortably...

>> No.8109582

>>8107258
What con are you going to on V Day?

>> No.8109584

>>8109582
Katsucon is this weekend. That's my guess because they always schedule it on valentines day weekend.

>> No.8109620

>>8109580
Well, I see no issue with cuddling... I mean, if your group can't handle a couple cuddling then I'd question the people you're rooming with. Hardcore make out sessions and sex is a different story though, that shit is just awkward to witness.

>> No.8109638

>>8109620
Exactly. But, I'm not dating that chick anymore, nor will I have to share a room with 3 of her friends.

2 of which were this fat-ass couple who were fucking disgusting and couldn't keep their PDA in check. *shudder* The third was this chick who had to bail half-way through the con right when my ex would have been doing the stuff she was looking forward to at the con. So she had to bail, and take her friend back to the hotel by car (a short distance, but too long to walk in the cold).

Meh, I have a job that pays well enough for me to have my own room for that con this year. I won't have to put up with ANYONE's shit.

>> No.8109639

>>8088010

>make friends with guy at con
>introduce him to mutual friends
> friend steals all of his personality from durarara characters but it's only obvious if you see the anime, which I hadn't at the time
>complains about shitty home life, home life isn't even that shitty.
>21, doesn't try to get a car
>fired from his shitty walmart job.
>huge ego, consistently bashing people behind their back
>is convinced he's some huge game company CEO despite the fact that all he makes is indie games with his shitty weeb skype crew using rpg maker.
>rooms with boyfriend for con
>talks about all the girls he'd fuck but wont because "pretty girls are bitches"
>still talks about how big his "game company is"
>tfw you for some reason tolerated them without realizing they were just using you for convention rides
>after telling me he wanted to kill himself he messages me saying I'm materialistic and empty on the inside because I care about my appearance.
>give the jacket he put in my trunk to sew up for him to my boyfriend
>jacket looks hot on him
>realize the only thing gained from this year+ long friendship was a jacket and wasted efforts.

>> No.8109642

>>8109638
I feel this, I'm pretty much done with roommates so my boyfriend and I are just getting one for ourselves. Last time I roomed with two others and my boyfriend they left their shit all over the floor, trashed the bathroom and expected me to do everyone's make up... They also ate all the food I bought.

In short roommates tend to suck if you're a clean person and you're better off just rooming with one other person or yourself.

>> No.8109644

>minimum wage fag so always try and stuff a decent amount of people into my rooms
>asking for a disaster but it's almost always OK, my friends are cool and don't wreck shit
>except for this one girl I'll call vee
>vee probably has a lot of issues, I don't know and never asked
>she acts like a child, all the time
>first time I let her room with us she brought her gaming system and played in the room almost the entire weekend
>didn't buy any food and started crying because no food, I bought her a snack just to calm her down
>while I was out she apparently had a fit because she was on the phone with her mom and someone said "vagina" in a normal convo
>she is an adult, in uni
>we woke up Sunday and everyone cleaned their shit
>... except vee
>vee of course decided that since she had spent the entire weekend in the room NOW was the time to get autographs
>leaving her shit everywhere, she is a total slob
>check out time draws close, so we throw her shit outside the room so we can go

Then, because I didn't learn, I gave her one more chance and let her stay with me the next year.
>stayed out of my hair for the most part at the con
>at one point the other roommates and I had a small, quiet party while she sat in the corner on her laptop like she had been all weekend
>literally hissed and booed us when we brought out alcohol like a little kid
>somehow made an even bigger fucking mess this year
>ditched us once again and didn't clean shit
>threw her crap out once again last minute
>since I was also her ride, we made her carry it all down to the parking garage and made no offer to help

She also left her driver's license in my car, which we spitefully did not return. Rude as hell but w/e. Never again.

>> No.8109659
File: 146 KB, 428x339, Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 11.33.00 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8108808
>>8108806
>>8108805
>>8108802
>>8108801
>>8108799
>>8108792
>>8108790

This guy's a riot.

>> No.8109705
File: 725 KB, 761x688, hold up.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8109642
Oh, I look forward to not having to share. Actually, that reminds me of something else that pissed me off:
>2 fat-ass's staying in our room are slobs
>can't handle keeping things remotely neat or orderly
>brought up a ton of food from the hotel breakfast area
>created alot of trash
>gf (now ex gf) wants to take out the trash herself (instead of making the slobs do it if it's such a mess)
>me "why? we're about to leave to head to the convention proper"
>me "plus, the maids will be coming by within the next hour or so and deal with it for us"
>she insists that we do, and is appalled that I suggested that we don't
>apparently because of the wages that hotel cleaning staff are paid, blah blah blah, tumblr bullshit, check your privilege, etc.
>she's almost in tears and livid with me
>her "anyone who does that has no respect for the cleaning staff and is a horrible person"
>mfw
>me "well, that's what my parents do. that's part of what you're paying for when you book a hotel room. are they horrible people now?"

I can understand not making a mess of things, but it's just a few small trash bags (2 bedroom ones, one bathroom one).

>> No.8109733

>>8109705

Agreed. As long as your shit isn't fucking everywhere like a hoarder's love nest, let the staff clean it up. It's not a hassle to have them remove trashbags.

>> No.8109742

>>8106270
>>8106262

As a person suffering from depression and to a lesser extent anxiety for over ten years now (turning 30 this year) i absolutely agree, especially with

>it's not a badge of honor, and it's something that needs management and treatment - not coddling.

>> No.8109758
File: 903 KB, 1000x594, sup_peasants.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be in college
>go to convention every year with anime club
>cram way too many socially-crippled weaboos into two rooms
>2 beds, everyone else on the floor
>someone under a desk, in a chair, between the beds, the bed and the wall
>some poor kid sleeping on the floor of the closet, some drunk & tired idiot even sleeping under the vanity once
>same shit every year
>first year, slept on floor, got my fingers stepped on in the morning a few times
>other years I managed to get to sleep in a bed somehow
>had to share with weirdo's mainly
>one time got to share it with gf and a friend who I trusted to stay on the other side of the bed
>one guy slept for the majority of the convention under a desk because he stayed out too late on the first night
>he couldn't handle all the excitement
>lots of folks asking to have some of my food because they didn't think to bring any
>I always had enough food for the weekend as well as anything I needed to make the experience more comfortable.

>> No.8109763

>>8109742
hi5 anon, I'm >>8106270 and I turned 30 last year and I've been dealing with the same shit. It blows, but it's manageable.

>> No.8110999

>>8109758

I was afraid of

>one time got to share it with gf and a friend who I trusted to stay on the other side of the bed

because it sounded like this story was gonna head down south really fast.

But it didn't and I am glad!

>> No.8111052

>>8108678

I can not understand how people can seriously be like this.

The lack of personal responsibility and basic respect for another human is disturbingly absent.

>> No.8111075

> Be me, 17 year old girl
> Walk to con
> End up talking to a guy
> Seems pretty chill, slight weaboo/autistic tendencies but overall cool
> Pinch him for the lulz
> Says it doesn't hurt
> Keeps suggest in ways that I'll pinch him and generally keeps talking about him
> Tells me eventuallly he's a masochist
>Ignore mode activated
>See him a couple of 100 times at the next con
>Starts talking to me
>Awkward as fuck,but leaves me alone after.

i was honestly just annoyed with him keeping talking to stuff related to his fetishes. I maybe should've been straight up honest about it

>> No.8111121

>>8108658
>>8108678
Why does it have to be Jinx cosplayers in general?

>> No.8111445

>run comedy porn panel
>friend who I don't hang out with anymore shows up at panel, shitfaced

Being drunk is expected, it's a late night comedy panel, but...

>sits front row, tries to participate in the panel
>screams "funny" lol so random bullshit every few minutes
>co-panelist's turn to speak and she's super nervous
>dude in front row screams "VAGINA!" right as she starts talking, she goes silent
>security guards must be sleeping
>have to literally get off the stage, tell him to shut the fuck up or leave, and resume the panel

Yeah, he's barred from that panel (and from my life) for life

>> No.8111557

>>8095802
DOES THIS HAPPEN??? ? My mind is blown

>> No.8111563

>>8111121
Why do you have exist?

>> No.8111567

>>8111557

I wish I could find it, but some generic raver forum had a thread called "what is cos play?" wherein the ravers talked about going to this decent dance at something called ACEN and wondered what was with all these weird nerds in costumes. It showed up on google for a while, now it's gone.

A couple people on the facebook group admitted they're really only they for the rave. During heated arguments on the forums a couple years back, somebody said a lot of her friends had no place else to do this and the rave was their 'big night' for the year. Someone else referred to people in line making fun of all the nerds.

And outsiders bumming badges solely to attend the rave is a real issue. Hell, I've seen people standing at the intersection out front of the hotel trying to scalp badges right around rave-time.

>> No.8111634

Sigh
>>has friend who decides she HAS to COSPLAY in groups or pairs with me.
>>comes over to my house to work on stuff. Will not take a step without first asking me what she should do next.
>>she's been cosplaying and sewing way longer than me
>>help her make her costume but don't make it for her (tell her the next step, try to keep her from making horrible decisions and sometimes fail, etc)
>>at con she only wears her costume for like, 20 min and changes ASAP.
>>later complains how well mine turned out and how she wished hers was that nice. how she needs to become more legit and make better costumes like mine
>>can only suggest she practice and buy patterns with correct seams in the future or buy patterns in general since that's how I make my costumes, I don't free hand make anything.

...I refuse to make her costumes for her, she hasn't asked yet, but she's fishing for me to offer. And I'm getting kinda tired of it. If you can't make the quality you want, then buy it or commission it. She also buys cheap fabric constantly, so that's not helping anything.

>> No.8112473

>>8110999
Said friend was/is beta as fuck. Plus, I don't think he was into chicks like my now former girlfriend.

He's stuck in the perpetual friend-zone.

>> No.8112871

>>Been going to cons with my roommates for years
>>We all get along really well and hardly have any drama between us
>>Two of my roommates are married, so they usually go and do con stuff together and I hang out with my friends and cosplay
>>Wife roommate is overweight and has a screwed up ankle so she can't walk around much and always has to rest
>>We go to PAX every year which means lots and lots of walking.
>>Wife has to sit down every hour which is fine because we just go do our own thing, but husband stays with her.
>>We go to a party one night. Wife doesn't want to go but husband is going.
>>Wife spends all night tweeting about how no one loves her and she shouldn't have come to the con
>>Wife doesn't go to con with us the next day because she's "sick". Husband goes after asking if it was really okay.
>>Wife spends all day tweeting the same stuff as the other night
>>Wife spends rest of con being in a bad mood and ignoring everyone
>>It's awkward for us cause we don't want her to think we hate her, but we don't want to spend the rest of the weekend trying to make her feel better.
>>It's not our fault she has health problems.

We're always making accommodations for her and making sure she's comfortable when we go to events since we know her situation, but she still complains passive aggressively that she's just holding everyone back and she should stop going to things with us.

>> No.8112899

>>8112871
Just tell her to cosplay Luigi Muffinland AU