[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 21 KB, 236x354, c13bac05ab042d65fca67fc807bf1e0e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8087969 No.8087969 [Reply] [Original]

Old thread is already autosaging.

>>8087849
Try an eyepatch? Make it look deliberate.

>> No.8088198 [DELETED] 

>mfw I need a fucking job
>that's a little difficult when you can't leave the house
>the only real job I've had lasted a week before I moved states just to get away from it
>realise I just need to get me shit together
>can't

Well fuck me, seagulls. I really should just die, I'm useless.

>> No.8088205

Speaking of eye patches, does anyone know of any shops that make /good/ gothic eye patches?
I have to wear a patch, but I only have one good gothic one from AatP.

>> No.8088222

>>8088198
My bad, forgot to mention that the only reason I need a job is dat burando.

>suddenly cgl related
Sage for useless post

>> No.8088435
File: 69 KB, 446x446, tumblr_nbh55fqg7Y1r8s8joo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Buy binder for cosplay
>Read reviews, people say it flattens their DD's into A's
>Great, I'm only a B, this will be perfect!
>Order correct size for myself, it gets here
>There's still a noticeable lump in my chest area
Sure it's better than nothing, but still a bummer that it's not what I was expecting.

>> No.8088459

>tfw not backed up with school work for the first time in forever

Using the Calendar feature on my phone changed my life.

>> No.8088476
File: 75 KB, 320x240, tumblr_miif5yztau1s6ueylo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Make unboxing video with awesome friend
>A little worried, because I've never done a video
>Can't get the fucking editing software to do really simple things
>Must have wasted 8+ hours and still nothing
>torn between putting up the long thing uncut or just never uploading it
I want to cry, I'm so frustrated. I've looked at so many tutorials and things but I must be stupid or something, this program will literally do nothing I tell it to and add in random loops and I don't know what to do anymore.
I just wanted to have a cute video of me and my friend and my dream dress.

>> No.8088522

>>8088435
Which binder did you get anon.

>> No.8088527

>>8088476
what program are you trying to use, anon? also congrats on the dream dress!

>> No.8088528

>>8088435
No safe binder is going to get you completely flat, so it's best if you give up on that dream now. Those lumps of chest fat don't just disappear into thin air you know, they're just squished down into pecs.

>> No.8088529

>>8088522
The ultimate tank binder from Underworks.
http://www.underworks.com/men/compression-shirts/ultimate-chest-binder-tank

>> No.8088534

>>8088529
>http://www.underworks.com/men/compression-shirts/ultimate-chest-binder-tank
Next time try:

http://www.underworks.com/men/compression-shirts/manshape%C2%AE-gynecomastia-tank

http://www.underworks.com/men/compression-shirts/microfiber-compression-tank

or

Lesloveboat

I use Lesloveboat myself.

>> No.8088541
File: 1.61 MB, 300x241, 1390690554941.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>start getting interested in lolita
>ask boyfriend how he feels about it
>"eh, it's okay i guess, as long as you're not wearing it every single day"
>no problem, as if i'd want to be a life styler lol
>fast forward a few months
>secretly wearing it daily and taking it off before he sees me
Sorry, boyfriend, I failed both of us. I've let him see me in it a little more frequently, and he hasn't said anything other than how cute I look, sooooo maybe it won't be that bad if I transition slowly for him.

>> No.8088545

>>8088527
Sony Vegas, it just has a life of it's own. Thanks! I wish you luck in your own quests!

>> No.8088558

>precious nerdy, tall, ginger guy at job building (not same job)
>is really nice to me/ obviously hits on me
>asks me if I want to get lunch with him
>decline because I already ate lunch
>have a boyfriend
>don't want to say "I have a boyfriend" to him, to imply that he thinks that I think he likes me that way
>when will I ever be able to bring boyfriend up in conversation smoothly so as not to hurt his feelings

not a very cgl feel, but this is my home

>> No.8088561

>>8088558
Just tell him man, there's no easy way but if you don't he's going to think you're interested.
It's a shame, I know, but them there's the breaks.

>> No.8088575

>>8088561
yah, I just don't want to hurt the friendship we already have by just blurting out, "I has boyfriend, sry" and he's being all precious and friendly and awkward.

>will probably never even eat lunch with him ever because my bosses always takes me out for lunch

>only ever see him 1-2 times a week
>just a feel I didn't feel like sharing on fb

>> No.8088579

>>8088558
anon it's not hard
>do you want to have lunch with me?
>sorry, I was planning to call my boyfriend at lunch! maybe another time?
If he wants to be your friend still he'll ask again.
If he doesn't he'll stop bringing it up.

>> No.8088613

>>8088545
oh! thats what i thought! i use vegas too! what version is it?

>> No.8088653

My mom compared me to our cat and I couldn't help but find it funny how much I have in common with him.
Not only do our appearances look pretty similar color wise, but I even behave a bit like him too.
Nothing crazy, just kind of funny.

>> No.8088656

>>8088579

>that feel when LDR boyfriend

>> No.8088670

>few years back, moved to start college
>all alone and shit untill I met this great girl and in just a few months we were like "best friends 4evah"
>starts to get me into lolita and becomes my mentor, yet I dont go to meets bc shit newbie coords
>she moves away but we still have hollidays
>last year she came for summer and we throw a massive 3 days long party
>the first night she fucks my ex bf
>next day says she's sorry so I forgive her
>continues making out with my ex so I decide to leave the party
>after that completly ignores me, even when I tried to fix everything bc didn't wanted to lose her friendship

I know, I'm a complete idiot. But now I can't go to my local lolita comm because everyone there loves her so I only wear lolita once in a while when going out somwhere fancy with my boyfriend

>> No.8088677

My friend group is kinda of splitting apart because of a love confession (that was not reciprocated) and the ensuing bullshit surrounding it.

I am an grown adult paying taxes, I shouldn't have to deal with this middle school BULLSHIT.

>> No.8088690
File: 368 KB, 840x700, 1366479755581.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw whale in weight loss progress
>tfw friend wants to group cosplay all them skinny girls with you
>tfw she gets really sad after you refuse
>"but anon,you're pretty and will look gorgeous!"

>> No.8088695

>>8088690
I know that feel anon, it sucks. But its even worse doing a gorup cosplay and being the less atracctive. Talking from experience.

>> No.8088740

>waiting for a train
>compliment the bag of the girl next to me in a rare moment of friendliness
>she seems really touched
>we're on a really empty train
>now we're sorta sitting in seats opposite each other and clearly both of us want to continue conversation but neither of us are
>sitting in awkward silence

I'm sorry, girl on train, I would like to be friends too but I am too much of a retard

>> No.8088746
File: 922 KB, 400x183, giddylittleme.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be me, college student with eh paying job.
>Calculate my budget for the next couple months because school's starting up again
>Oh shit I'm gonna have to cut down on all extra expenses and start cooking more.
>No more lolita purchases for anon.
>Also really nervous because I haven't gotten my results for the Language Proficiency Test I took back in December yet. (I'm a foreign language major and this test would allow me to get a translating job.)
>Decide to work through the stress and worked reeeally hard during the break in order to save up and prepare for the coming storm.
>Fast forward to yesterday
>Get my paycheck for the last two weeks, notice something funny.
>I got a 75 cent raise!
>Next day (Today) find out the result of my proficiency test have been posted.
>Brace for Impact...
>I Passed!
>Decide to check out auction sites to see if I can buy a dress to celebrate!
>one of my wishlist items comes up on auction for less than $100!

This has been such a good week.

>> No.8088749

>>8088545
>vegas

fuck anon that's like 100% suffering.

>> No.8088876

>>8088435
Is it a full length one or does it just cover the chest? Because if it's longer try folding it back on itself, I found that really helped with mine. That or wearing a snug sports bra over the top

>> No.8089341
File: 96 KB, 325x254, 4937658493523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>can't stop playing Animal Boyfriend

>> No.8089357
File: 43 KB, 431x415, 1402862626768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>fattie
>losing weight to fit into lolita better and maybe cosplay
>lost a good 70 pounds over the course of two years
>lately I've leveled out due to excessive cold/snow, depression, cooking more food for the bf, grad work, and nobody to go to my campus's gym with
Suddenly,
>bf's friend asks me to go with her and one of her friends
>remarkably we weigh the same
>she carries her weight better due to being taller and not having been overweight for as long as me

>7am
>go to the gym
>it's actually kind of nice having people to chat with
>I've never had gym buddies before
>I do my cardio routine and then weights
>friends go straight for weight machines
>we try out some new machines too
>was a good time
Later
>my muscles ache because I haven't been to the gym in months
>friend says how she's not having cramps at all despite doing the weight machines and asks why
>tell her it's probably because she needs to get her heart rate up before she starts lifting
>point out how fit jockies usually spend 5 minutes doing some cardio before heading over to the benches
>she takes my advice and says she'll jog with me next time
>tfw my first /fit/ advice and gym friends
It's nice to feel not so alone for once. And I find that having a friend helps keep me motivated. We were supposed to go to the pool this morning at 7am but it's a blizzard outside. I'll probably just go to the gym later when I mail out a lolita package and drop off an assignment,

>> No.8089374
File: 2.00 MB, 367x260, idkcats.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Been focusing on getting non main pieces like cardigans and berets and stuff.
>Got a blouse that's cute but I didn't think through if it would actually go with anything.
>Goes great with my favorite dress!
>Now that I have cardigans and hats and stuff I actually have multiple coords for a dress
>Did...did I actually do something right!?

>> No.8089391

>>8089341
>I totally relate with that feel
And I only have a boyfriend yet

>> No.8089395
File: 78 KB, 480x640, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Buy pic related
>It arrives, try it on, sleeves too short and back zip doesn't close
>start making plans for how to make alterations with least amount of trouble
>Several weeks later, a few pounds lighter, get curious and try it on again
>Zips up all the way

I'm really a really happy seagull right now oh god. I was worried doing alterations to the back could end up being really disastrous but now I don't have to do anything for it ahh.

It's still not ready for wearing out yet though since the sleeves aren't long enough and the cuffs go up past my elbows so I can't button it closed. If I wore it now it's look silly with the cuffs unbuttoned and half my forearm exposed. No amount of weightloss will shorten my arms so that alteration will still need to be done.

Seriously though this is really motivating me to keep losing weight!

>> No.8089407
File: 26 KB, 396x385, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Get a foot injury, forcing me on bed rest for a month and a half
>Forced to eat vegetables and salads up the ass as a result of nutritional deficiencies
>Going crazy at night with hunger
>"Anon, ignore your stomach, nothing tastes as good as skinny"
>Reach 161 lbs this morning after 3 months of stalling

I know I still have quite a way to go but I've never gotten this far before. 150 lbs is so close if this isn't water weight.

>> No.8089413

>>8088205
I'd suggest Suppurate System but their webshop disappeared about a month ago. Not sure what happened. There's an Etsy shop called Necrosarium that used to make really elaborate (and heavy!!) rose-themed eyepatches and jewelry but she's stopped making items in that style. Maybe contact her on FB and request a custom piece?

>> No.8089420

>>8089357
>>bf's friend asks me to go with her and one of her friends
>bf
>her
youlostme.jpg

>> No.8089422

>>8088670
What a skank.

>> No.8089424

>>8089420
>anon's bf has a friend
>who is female
>a female friend
>who asked anon to go with her

>> No.8089430

>>8089424
welp. I should've gotten more sleep last night clearly

>> No.8089436 [DELETED] 

>>8088558
bro talk him

"so you fuck that chick from accounting yet?"

oh yeah?

reminds me of the time when "i was just railing my BF like he was a little bitch"

come across as unattractive/tomboyish and instant friend zone

>> No.8089437

>>8089420
>>8089430
Sorry anon, I realize that was confusing and I should have simplified it to "my friend" since I guess she's more like a friend to me now and not just an acquaintance.
>>8089424
Thank you.

>> No.8089471
File: 586 KB, 1700x936, 1417035525818.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw assburgers
>no big deal, some sensory issues but mostly fine in social situations
>usually don't care when people poke fun at it a little
but now
>new girl joined my comm
>3edgy5us every time all the time even though she's in her early twenties
>her go-to insult is to call someone autistic
>person asked a dumb question? LOL AUTIST
>someone disagrees with her on something subjective? AUTIST
>brand releases a print she doesn't like but other people do? THEY MUST BE AUTISTS
>bad weather at a meetup? FUCKING AUTISM (??? I still don't get this one)
>ask her to tone it down a little or to at least expand her vocabulary
>"lol u must b autistic or smth"
>yes, actually
>no reply

Next meet is going to be awkward (or autistic?) as fuck. Nobody else in the comm likes her, though, so we might end up just kicking her out. Gonna keep an eye on the feels threads here so see if she'll whine about it, since I'm pretty sure she browses here.

>> No.8089478

>>8088558
There's this idea that one shouldn't have to rely on stating their relationship status in order ward off advances. So maybe a kind "I'm sorry, but not really interested"?

>> No.8089481

>>8089471
To be honest, I have the assburgers myself and I still have a habit of describing things as autistic (I wasn't diagnosed until I was 18, so maybe that's why I'm not so bothered by it, I dunno). That girl seems like a complete idiot, though. I mean, I at least do it in situations where the autism remark makes sense. Sounds like someone who just discovered /cgl/ and has gone maximum edgelord.

>> No.8089538
File: 6 KB, 335x150, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

First some cgl feels
>tfw you are finally getting people to purchase the overly sweet dresses you no longer want in your wardrobe
>will no have more options for classic and otome
>I won't ever be fannie rose, but I can sure try to be as thoughtful
>buy a beautiful IW dress and AP black skirt for 120 altogether.

and a non cgl feel
>after 6 months of search my family finally found a house today
>cry when my mom calls me on the phone about it

They are getting ready to retire and we have lived in this horrible small town all our lives. Now they are going to be moving to where I go to uni and I am so happy for them to live in a more tolerant and friendly environment.
>tfw your mom might gain a couple pounds now due to stress loss (she is 98 right now)

>> No.8089579

>>8087969
I was that anon, and sadly I couldn't do that even if there was a way for me to order an eyepatch that would arrive that quickly. I'm short-sighted in one eye, and the infected eye is the good one. If I cover the ugly eye I won't be able to see.

>> No.8089583

>>8089471
do you even know where you are right now?

>> No.8089585

>>8088541
It's hard to predict whether that interest will wax or wane. When I first got into lolita I was all "No way could I wear this all the time!", then I wanted to wear it constantly and even picked (part-time) jobs on the basis of where I could lolify my uniform most, now I'm nowhere near as bothered and just wear lolita a couple of times a week.

>> No.8089604

>last year around this time niceguy fedora piece of shit in love with me
>tries to get me to fuck him while he's dating some other girl(girl is huge grease whale)
>tell him no
>he keeps buying me shit and trying to get me to fuck him
>tell his gf and send her conversations
>he hates me
>stops taking to people who are friends with me
>starts licking ass of this girl in my cosplay comm who hates me cause I'm prettier than her and we cosplay the same character
>he tries to start rumors about me in our comm
>no one really cares because people like me(except bitch girl because she has mad narcissism)
>con coming up in a few months
>have cosplays planned out and started
>oh anon, this is MRA neckbeard's fav character from that series, which he only got into because of me
>oh shit
>not sure if cosplaying her is going to bring him into fits of rage or not
>already started on props
>fuck it, doing it anyway
i was worried at first but he's trying to cause dramu for me and if he flips out over it, it will just expose how unstable and shitty he is to our whole comm. i'm not going to let some fuckhead prevent me from cosplaying who i want. fuck him

>> No.8089614

>>8089471
God, she sounds annoying.

>> No.8089621

>Dad has been being a huge prick to me the whole day, and his douchebagginess has gotten to my mom who started to act like a prick too.
>Fuck these both, I'm gonna dress in cosplay and record a video today and be happy all around.
> Dad decided not to leave the fucking house (or the living rooms for that matter) during the whole day.
> Mom is soooo mad so she just got into my room in order not to be alone, but since she's sooo mad hasn't stopped bothering and poking fun at me.
>Period comes so I feel bloated and sick and disgusted and more depressed.
> Can't even cry or act down because mom is in the room. Finally explode and say out loud "you know, I'm not exactly happy either".
>She literally yells at me "BOO-HOO, IS THE LITTLE SPOILED LADY UPSET BECAUSE WE DIDN'T SPOIL HER TODAY. UH SO SAD." and storms off.
>Wat.
Basically I just want to stuff myself with pizza even if I'm gonna feel more bloated, disgusting and sad afterwards.

>> No.8089626

>>8089621
Sounds like it's just one of those days anon. Go to sleep if it's late enough, when you wake up it might be better.

>> No.8089634

>Need job to fund cosplay and life in general
>Have really high education, spent 8 years getting a masters and post grad studies
>Send job applications every day
>Nobody even answers

All of my university colleagues got jobs, I wonder what I'm doing wrong or maybe if I'm just too ugly for them to look past my picture. What am I doing wrong, my resume is nice, I just don't have much experience because, hey, I spent 8 years in university and could only do volunteering. I guess I spent all this time for nothing and that I should just have gone to a practical school and not get a degree or whatever. Can't go back now.

>> No.8089643

>>8089634
> to look past my picture.

Are you seriously putting a picture on your resume?

>> No.8089648

>>8089643
Yes, after researching on what to put in a resume what I gathered is that you have to put a picture with a blank face, like those you have on your ID

My friends who had job hunting before me even gave me advice on choosing the picture

>> No.8089653

>>8089648
Or is it called a photograph in this context? My english is not very perfect...

>> No.8089662

>>8089648
I haven't heard about needing a blank face. I used a smiling one. The pictures on my company's website for new employees which are taken from their applications are almost always smiling or in some way friendly looking.

Also are you applying for jobs or internships? You gotta try putting some experiences out of college on your application. If you're lucky and can get a hold of people who rejected your application you could also ask them what was wrong. I genuinely don't think your looks influence the decisions that much unless there's someone as qualified as you and better looking. Or you are really disfigured and applying for customer contact heavy jobs.

>> No.8089664

>>8089643
Depends on the country, I know it's never done in the UK but in some countries it's normal.

>> No.8089676

>>8089634
Maybe you're aiming too low? I know someone that went to Oxbridge (this was pre-recession) and although they'd had no trouble getting career jobs, when they took time out to have kids and were applying for part-time receptionist-level shit they found it really hard to get a job because everyone saw the prestigious university on her CV and assumed she wouldn't stay in a low-level job like that for long. If a few months' job search has driven to applying to retail positions, it's not surprising that you're (a person who they'll assume would move on from the job after a few months and has no retail experience anyway) is getting rejections.

>> No.8089683

>>8089341
>>8089391
>Animal Boyfriend
Mah teachers.
My Lolita budget is seriously suffering since I started playing this.

>> No.8089684

>>8089676
This. Not the same anon but how would you avoid this? I'm having the same problem and I can't find a job in the last four years.

>> No.8089705

>>8089684
>No idea. She ended up getting a job as a receptionist, then volunteered in a school, then got a part-time job as a teaching assistant and now she's training to be a teacher. But overall it took her ten or more years to build back up to a decent career. I think it would have been different if she'd lived in London though; most of the problem was that there weren't many graduate jobs in the rural area she'd moved to for kids anyway. If you can afford it and it won't disrupt life too much, move to a metropolis.

>> No.8089708

>>8089705
Oops, didn't mean to greentext that.

>> No.8089711

>>8089684
Also keep applying for higher-level jobs, even if you're getting nowhere. It might take you a year to get a job in a proper company or career, but it's necessary.

>> No.8089712

>>8089711
I got told by a relative with a STEM PhD (who lost a management job in a big company when it folded) that jobs at his level in his field only come up once every nine months on average or something. He ended up unemployed for 18 months before he got anything, and this was pre-recession too.

>> No.8089713

>>8089711
>>8089705

I'm not giving up anons but it's frustrating because you need a job to pay rent and just live and if you can't get one then you're fucked. Literally. I had to move back home because my job couldn't even pay all of my bills.

>> No.8089714
File: 20 KB, 328x436, 3548763495.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw this follows me
>tfw i think they're a spambot with that url
>tfw i look to see how bad it is and that description pops up

i... im not sure how to feel about this...

>> No.8089716

>>8089662
I already did two internships, but that does not seem enough. I send mails after mails and nobody even bores to answer to say they reject me.

>>8089676
I'm applying to all kinds of jobs I can do with my degree. Nothing at all. Last year I applied to a bunch of low-level jobs and did not get any answer at all as well.

>> No.8089717

>>8089714
Why is it so long? Who needs a description box THAT long?

>> No.8089719

>>8089711
>>8089712
That seems reassuring, thanks!

>> No.8089773

>>8089714
I love it whe people say "fab brands" and put every name that comes to their mind.

>bodyline

>> No.8090012

>>8089604
Right on man.

>> No.8090040 [DELETED] 

>tfw all the other girls in your comm speak softly and act dainty and demure at every meet
>tfw you can't

I feel like they think I'm crass in comparison, but I have no interest in affecting a sweet, "feminine" demeanor just because I'm wearing frills. I think it's adorable that they do, don't get me wrong, it's so cute that they take it that far and really get into it, and I'm never crude or anything, but I sometimes wish I had someone else in my comm to act kind of dumb with and who thinks it's funny to, like, suggest we all do shots at our 1pm meet and stuff. Who will talk to me like a chill person instead of responding to everything like "oh how absolutely lovely, dear!" or "oh my, how utterly atrocious, you poor thing". I wish I were exaggerating, but they all talk like that and giggle behind their hands and stuff, and they're all so sweet and nice, but it gets old.

>> No.8090072

>>8089621
Your parents sound like preteens.

>> No.8090078

>>8089471
>people who bring 4chan edginess into real life
pig disgusting

>> No.8090083
File: 241 KB, 219x300, tumblr_lmcva2A4pQ1qafrh6.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw mom and I get into an argument about my clothes
>this is strange because before she didn't seem to particularly mind
>'anon omg you're going professional in six months you can't do this and have the whole town think you're strange'
>'anon i'm disappointed in you.'
>'anon i wish i didn't have such a girly girl like you.'
>etc etc
>we part ways pretty pissed off at each other
>two days later we're talking
>'oh yeah anon I was talking to grandma about clothes.'
>'she says they're lovely and she wants to see more of it'
>end up bonding over the quality of the clothing and talking about tea in nice places
>mom shows me picturesque places from her home country
>everythingwentbetterthanIexpected.jpeg

I owe my grandmother so much right now. Thanks grandma, you saved both my relationship with my mom and my clothes.

>> No.8090084

>>8090083

Uh, to clarify, this is all about my lolita shit obviously.

>> No.8090095

>>8089538
Lol at first I thought you meant your mom was 98 years old. I was like daaaaamn!

As a 98 lb weakling 4lyf I hope she can gain a little because that shit gets old (and cold). Congrats!

>> No.8090098
File: 1.96 MB, 400x225, 0U9A5s7.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8089471
>Next meet is going to be awkward (or autistic?) as fuck.

>> No.8090153

>planning Valentine's Day outing for myself instead of sitting around gorging on chocolate
>want to wear lolita, but will be taking public transit
>too much of a germaphobe
>I wish I didn't sell off all my bodyline
>tfw having to go with normalfag clothes

>> No.8090221

>Have a friend that I haven't talked to much lately
>Posted a picture of herself one day in an elsa wig and dress she bought off of ebay for $30
>Everyone tells her how beautiful and perfect she is
>She's starting to put up flyers and made a facebook page promoting her Elsa birthday parties
>Everyone is telling her how brave she is and how perfect her costume looks

I don't have the heart to tell her that she looks terribly bad but she's also a stay at home mom so I suppose it gives her something to do while her kids are at school?

She found an "Elsa" mermaid fin on ebay too and is thinking of doing mermaid Elsa for summer pool parties.

>> No.8090277

>>8088435
Go with something like KT Tape, it's a great binding tool. You can get it at Walmart for $10.

>> No.8090348

>>8089357
>friend says how she's not having cramps at all

Wait, are you trying to imply that cramps are normal?

If you are hydrating and getting potassium/sodium, you shouldn't be cramping.

>> No.8090368

>>8090348

Oh and skip the machines.

Stick to free weights, dumbells and barbells mostly. Safer and more worth your time in general.

>> No.8090381
File: 144 KB, 500x375, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>earning $100 a week caretaking for injured family member
>now living in tiny town with no social scene
>don't know anyone that isn't over the age of 50
>spend 75% of the time in the house in the boonies
>nothing to do but shop for excitement

I feel so bad since I'm supposed to be saving this money for a dream trip but no one can go with me this year so it's hard not to spend the money on Taobao/Ebay/local shopping just to give myself some excitement. I've got a convention coming up in four months and I'm already ordering stuff for it even though I don't need it.

>> No.8090453

>>8090348
I think she meant lactic acid build up when you push yourself harder than you normally do

>> No.8090480

>>8090348
>You've never ached after a day at the gym because you drank water
Wut

>> No.8090518

>>8090480

Cramping =/= muscle soreness

l2english before you greentext me

>> No.8090532

>>8090518
They probably meant muscle aches, not cramps. Cramps don't last entire days, normal ones anyway. Especially after meals and drinks.

>> No.8090552

>>8089583
Girl from the story detected.

>> No.8090593
File: 441 KB, 956x577, protection.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>returning to your hotel room after a shitty day at a con

>> No.8090991

>>8090221
You could maybe try and help them make it look better?

>> No.8090993

> sink about $5,000 + into lolita over the course of a year
> custom everything so it fits
> make sure everything matches
> doesn't fucking matter
> everything just looks awful on me

Well, so fucking much for that.

>> No.8090995

>>8090993
Are you fat?

>> No.8091024

Nobody remembers but I'm that balding anon who posted few threads ago. I shaved the rest of my pitiful hair and after this weekend, wigs it is until a miracle happens.

At least we had shaving my head party. It was worth it. Got shiny new quality wig from a friend. I feel kinda less miserable now. I'm already thinking what I should say when people around me start commenting about changing wigs, but if I have to wear them for the rest of my life or go bald and get pitiful you've-got-cancer or you're-a-militant-feminist looks, I can at least do it with style and lots of colors.

The only thing I'm now worried of is how am I going to deal with drawing my eyebrows every day. It is hard even now and when I lose natural hair there as well, it'll be even harder.

tl:dr life is okayish, and I'm bald now, so I have an excuse to buy lots of wigs

>> No.8091084

>>8090593
>kek
>>8091024
im proud of you, anon. that takes balls.

>> No.8091159

>>8090993
It's not worth it anyway, money won't buy you happiness.

>> No.8091174

After realising I have a problem with buying lolita, I'm about to go on a break untill I save up a certain amount.
But I'm scared I'll fill that hole with something even more destructive. When I get stressed in life, I either buy too much, drink too much, or monitor my food intake.

>> No.8091322

>>8091024
You go anon, it must have taken a lot of guts to shave your head!

>> No.8091444

>couple months ago
>friend says she wants to make a big love live group that can meet up for major cons
>figured it be fun so I joined
>she made everyone swear they were 100% serious about it
>everyone does
>fastforward to now
>she's planning on selling all her LL stuff to afford new cosplays
>says she just "isn't into it anymore"

we found a person to replace her character, but the entire group was really into it and we worked really hard to find all nine muses just to have her quit after doing one outfit.

>> No.8091469

>>8091174
Are you me anon.. :( i feel you..

>> No.8091626

>>8088545
WTF do you need Vegas for? It's just an unboxing video. Tried WMM or iMovie? Or even Premiere Pro.

>> No.8091643

My body is fucking weird. I know I am getting my period, not because I am getting moody or anything, but because I am fucking nesting.
My boyfriend always realizes it before me but suddenly once a month I am looking at new furniture and storage options and making curtains and shit.
Normally I would just dump my savings into lolita things but nope, not the week or two before my period, we have to do some grand makeover to my apartment. Happens like fucking clockwork.

>> No.8091652

>>8088740
A girl came up to me yesterday asking where I got my kawaii shorts from whilst waiting for the train. Scared the lige out of me as I had my headphones blasting music from FFVII. We ended up sitting opposite eachother. I saw she had a hoop and asked her about it as I edited a hooping video for a dancer once. Blue hair, piercings, fellow horse nerd. She asked to add me on Facebook. I'm an autist and usually too scared to even look at people on public transport but tend to gravitate toward other weirdos.

I say if you find a mutual interest to talk about instead of bullshit small talk about the weather, it's less awkward and you should go for it next time.

>> No.8091777

>>8090083
sounds like my mom. Yeesh. Thing is, she was disappointed in me being a tomboy throughout my childhood, and then she thought that lolita was too much, but now it's mostly because it's expensive.

>> No.8092046

>have social anxiety
>trying to make new friends in both the cosplay and lolita scenes
>make myself so anxious I get sick before any meet up
>have fun during but almost cry every time I get home
>feel like I'm bothering people any time I reach out, even if they friended me or gave me their phone numbers without me asking

I'd like to think people just wouldn't respond if I were bothering them, but I know some of them are probably too nice and just invite me to things because they're kind to everyone.

>> No.8092059

>>8092046
Oh, anon, you're probably just fine. Try not to be so hard on yourself. Even nice people would stop responding if you were being annoying. Just do your best to read any signals that they might be less interested in talking to you without immediately assuming the worst.

>> No.8092066

>>8091643
That's really cute, anon.

>> No.8092163

>tfw I just spent the past 12+ hours buying wigs on Ebay

My inbox is a sea of receipts all to this one seller. I feel like such a shopaholic but I paid so little for them. I still feel bad though.

>> No.8092263

I had a nightmare where I woke up as a girl.

>> No.8092282

>>8092163
What shop?

>> No.8092287

>>8092282
>http://www.ebay.com/usr/workforcustomer

>> No.8092330

>first TIA competition of the season
>a relative of one of the girls on our team is wearing nanchatte seifuku
>oh god she's kawaii
>can we be friends.plz

>> No.8092379

>>8092287
That's really cheap. You should do a review when you get your wigs.

>> No.8092474
File: 103 KB, 400x417, 1369310891912.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to order some stuff from Japan at the moment because that exchange rate is the only not terrible one at the moment.
>going to have to end up using tenso and from japan/japonica because of mbok and y!auctions being so annoying.
it's so gear grinding.

>> No.8092494

>>8087969
tfw there will never be any burando made with a bust large enough to accommodate your western tiddies

>> No.8092610
File: 18 KB, 571x448, 1422483655831.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>friend someone from /cgl/
>chat and play vidya for a few days
>act a bit weird because I'm shy
>they link me their blog that's content weirds me out
>but they're cool so I don't mind
>few days later they suddenly get very stand-offish
>figure I said something to put them off
>got unfriended without a word today
Wouldn't feel so bad if I knew why tbh.

>> No.8092632
File: 46 KB, 624x351, ROMAN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8092494
BIG
AMERIKAN
TTS

>> No.8092646
File: 695 KB, 245x184, canI.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw bitchy HR manager lied about how I can change my mailing address
>w2 gonna get mailed to old address (can't go there now because pending snow storm and work tomorrow morning)
>site error; can't retrieve online copy after going through 3 different computers
>finally find dream dress in preferred colorway; auction date ended with no bids
>messaged seller days ago, but it's unread
>mfw

>> No.8092669

Anon from the previous thread here, I was waffling over whether or not to buy a burando dream dress or to save my money to expand my wardrobe. I offered the seller a slightly lower price, and she accepted! The dress is on its way to me now, and it'll get here a bit after my birthday. I'm so happy, guys.

>> No.8092727

Drank (and got drunk) for the first time in my life today.

I hate myself and I want to fucking disappear.
I'll admit that WHILE I was drunk, I was fucking happy as shit. But before and after? Miserable. Actually drinking the alcohol made me wince each time and every time I thought, "I should not be doing this."

I dunno just like, I struggled with an ED and my mom told me that because of it I'm like, "impure" or whatever. Like I wasn't "straight-edge" enough because of it and shouldn't even bother. It wasn't about being straight-edge, though. It was about just being scared of it. (My father, sister, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and potentially more are all alcoholics and I watched it fuck up their lives.)

I just hope I never ever drink again. I'm so disappointed in myself.

>> No.8092728

>>8092727
Bleh, more background. I'm 18 (underage in U.S. which makes it 10x worse on my conscience) and at uni. There was a huge festival in the city today.

>> No.8092735

>>8092727
Do Americans just not underage drink culturally or something? I mean, my parents let me drink (in moderation) while I was still in my preteens, and I'm a pretty well-rounded individual now. Like shit man, you guys need to learn how to drink without going over your limits.

>> No.8092739

>>8092735
No, it's basically what you said, lack of self control and personal responsibility.

>>8092727
It's good that you feel bad for doing something you knew was wrong, that means you're still good at heart.
But don't dwell on it, mistakes are made to learn from.

>> No.8092744

>>8092735
Americans DEFINITELY drink underage, but I think with the comparatively high drinking age, kids are more likely to go overboard in secret since their parents are too scared of teaching them about limits.

From what I've seen, anyway. I have a bunch of friends whose parents were more lenient and understood the value of teaching their kids before they went off and partied with their friends, but my parents were super conservative.

>> No.8092749

>>8088746
This is an adorable post. Congrats anon!

>> No.8092760

>>8092287
>>8092379
Seconding

>> No.8092772

>>8092760
Okay well I posted in the Mail Thread >>8092734
so just keep an eye on the topic and I'll post pics when stuff comes in. I'll probably save the reviews for the Ebay topic though.

>> No.8092781

>>8092744
First drink I had was with friends because my parents don't drink. No alcohol in the house except for cooking

>> No.8093363

>>8089604
>i'm not going to let some fuckhead prevent me from cosplaying who i want

No one WAS preventing you, you neurotic cunt.

>> No.8093371

>>8089604
Do you like making problems for yourself? How does cosplaying a neckbeard's favorite character, when you don't even speak to him anymore, going to prevent you from doing anything? Chill the fuck out.

>> No.8093431

>Became more conscious about spending recently, wanted to start saving a bigger percentage of my pay
>Buying less each month
>Decided to switch from RSAL to SAL too because it seemed like a good place to cut down a little
>Two weeks and no sign of my package
>Know it takes a while to ship things SAL especially given the weather, but still worrying about it like a mom letting her child go off by themselves for the first time
I keep telling myself it's only going to make the box at my door more of a surprise but it's not working.

>> No.8093469
File: 401 KB, 245x244, 1399621426665.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>waiting for the perfect bag to match my new jsk
>it's the crown bag from AP's upcoming Marine Kingdom release
>but it probably won't come out for a longggg while
>tfw it's like I can't wear my jsk without it, it matches so perfectly

Also
>had a really bad weight week
>gained 5-6 pounds which completely snuck up from me
>was from drinking my calories and not paying attention over time
>panic
>have been busting ass doing cardio and lifting at the gym for the past three days
>a couple of those pounds have already melted off
Just, ugh. Holy shit I was freaking out.

>> No.8093605
File: 8 KB, 209x234, a56193dd5802b8e4e433a549886ead82.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Granddad's in hospital, at first it was a relatively minor condition but he's gotten progressively worse since he was admitted with problems with his heart, kidneys and fluid on his lungs.
>Resisting the urge to stress buy.
>Can't go visit him immediately because of shitty public transport.
>Resorting to hugging my dog and sobbing.

>> No.8093614

>>8092494
>be white
>having AA cup
>not anymore a teen since years
>fit most burando even the tiny AP cutsews
>usually western tees fit me too large in the shoulders
>asian tops fit me perfectly
Feels good man

>> No.8093705

> cried the whole afternoon on bf's shoulder
> not supposed to be spending money on lolita b/c inbetween two internships + dying phone
> my coords for upcoming events suck and I need $300/$400 to complete them
> thinking about just getting a 1-week job contract
> not common where I live (Europe)
> ... well.

>> No.8093837
File: 213 KB, 400x799, 1418115652618.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw getting close (within 15lbs) to my first goal weight
>tfw getting paid soon
>tfw gonna get myself some o' dem kawaii ouji clothes when i hit it

bonus:
>maybe i'll even fit in burando

>> No.8093844

>>8092739
Thank you... I don't really plan on drinking ever again. The only pleasant part was being drunk (but it was only pleasant WHILE I was. Hated it after), so I don't think I could even drink recreationally when I'm older. It just tastes nasty af.
I also talked to a friend about, and this mistake just let me learn that drinking is not for me.

>> No.8093845

>>8093837
Congratulations, anon! I'm happy for you. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll be burando size in no time.

>> No.8093861

>>8092494
So get a skirt instead? If those are too small too, then likely you are a fatty so just accept it and go Indy.

>> No.8093894

>>8091024
You'll get the hang of drawing eyebrows, anon. It's fun to be able to change eyebrow looks every day too. Look for some tutorials on shaping brows and keep the pencil very sharp to draw in the little hairs.

>> No.8093917
File: 43 KB, 500x372, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>find magical girl show from my childhood(winx club if anyone needs to know)
>start to like it again
>want to cosplay
>realize it would probably be creepy as fuck since i'm 18
>also look up winx cosplays from google pics
>cry blood because holy shit how horrible costumes

>> No.8094079

>>8093917
Why creepy?
I mean jesus, what's the leeway time for people cosplaying? 14 I expect people to cosplay for fun and look like shit; so it the only perfect time to cosplay them like... 15-17? I don't understand.

>> No.8094095

>>8093917
>find magical girl show from my childhood(winx club if anyone needs to know)
That shit was in your childhood?
>realize it would probably be creepy as fuck since i'm 18
Oh. Guess I'm fuck old now.

>> No.8094102
File: 35 KB, 480x480, so-happy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

just some happy-vent
>be me
>dad and i haven't talked for 3+ years
>he was known for being very rude about weight, gender, etc.
>get back in touch recently
>he's done a total 360 and apologises for his previous behavior
>haven't had a holiday with him in over 5 years
>we have thanksgiving together and it rocks
>we have xmas dinner together and it rocks
>he gets me 5 beautiful dresses for xmas
>hes a model father now

>be today
>telling him how disappointed i am about having to miss a con around easter b/c of family dinner
>he offers to buy my ticket for me, get me into the city and have me stay at his house
>on top of that, we get to have easter dinner together
>mfw

>> No.8094104

>>8088746
congrats anon
OT but this just reminded me to check my JLPT score!
and i passed!

>> No.8094136

>>8093844
>tastes nasty af

I don't really drink for reasons, but saying this after drinking once is pretty dumb. There are thousands of different drinks, it just seems close minded to say it tastes awful after only trying it once.

Also, since you are underage I assume you were drinking cheap stuff. In a couple years go somewhere slightly upscale and try out some well made drinks, then make your decision.

>> No.8094150

>>8094136
My friends gave me various stuff, but yes I think it was all cheap. But it was the feeling of it hitting my stomach, too that I didn't like. Also as stating earlier, this was a huge mistake because drinking has scared me my entire life but I did end up drinking because of one bad stressed out decision that I didn't want to do, but did anyway for reasons. In this regard, I want to be closed minded. I don't mind when other people drink, but I don't want to do it anymore and hell I want to think all taste this nasty because I don't want to find anything I like, because if I did I would be scared.
>tfw all alcohol scares you because of childhood abuse from an alcoholic parent and having family members on all sides being alcoholics.

>> No.8094153
File: 1.23 MB, 231x161, 1411393224924.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>used to be a hardcore weeby otaku
>suddenly drop it and move all my love over to cartoons
>keep telling myself I like people that like cartoons more than anime fans
>I'm trying to find out why

Finding out why ended with flashbacks of weeaboo horror stories and associating anime fans with racism/yellow fever fags.

I want to like anime again, I do. How the hell do I lose this shitty outlook on anime fans?

>> No.8094159

>>8094153
Separate yourself from fandoms. I had to do this because of the murderous thoughts I've had when seeing things online. Only "fandom" members I associate myself with are friends I know irl that like it too, and they are perfectly sane. After that, anime should become enjoyable again.

>> No.8094164

>>8094150
In the end, it's your decision. But giving an opinion on something you were forced or coerced into doing skews that opinion towards the negative, obviously. Like other anon, wait until you're of age and can enjoy it in a more relaxed setting. Consuming alchool isn't inherantly bad, you just have to not abuse it (like you did this time, getting drunk and all).

>> No.8094186
File: 49 KB, 500x375, 1383417267307.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8094164
>Like other anon, wait until you're of age and can enjoy it in a more relaxed setting.

Or not. Why is everyone telling me to learn to just drink it "nicely" when I keep saying I don't want to drink it at all ever again. It's a personal decision.

>> No.8094223

>come back to school from weekend at home
>room is a huge mess
>food and unwashed dishes all over every surface including the floor
>roomate's shit on my furniture, she's moved a bunch of my stuff around/used it
>smells like her BO

So much for thinking I was going to get a nice, quiet couple of hours of sewing done.

>> No.8094275

>>8094186
Because saying NO I WON'T EVER DO THAT EVER AGAIN IT WAS BAD after one experience is really immature and 9 times out of 10, if someone says they'll never do it again in that manner, they are going to do it again.

You might not be of legal drinking age anon, but you are still an adult now. Grow up.

>> No.8094287

> tfw want to cosplay cute idol and magical girl anime characters
> tfw 6ft tall white girl

why is there so much suffering

>> No.8094290

>>8094186
anon theres a difference between saying "no i dont like the taste of alcohol" after trying multiple drinks multiple imes, and going "NO NO NO NO NO NO I REFUSE" after one go.

>> No.8094292

>>8094287
I know that feel, only I'm 6 feet tall and black. Life is unfair.

>> No.8094297

>>8094292
I also know that feel.

>> No.8094300

>>8089714
They're actually very nice but English isn't their first language.

>> No.8094302

>>8094275
>>8094290
The ultimate reason is not the taste tho, did you even read. Let me spell it out again and give you additional information since you all feel like telling me what to do with my life when I am sure this is what I want and... What is that called? Making my own decision because, yes, I am an adult.
>Scared of drinking
>Alcoholic father
>Father would drink alcohol and beat me from ages 3-10 until the court finally revoked his visitation rights
>a good 95% of my family are alcoholics
>Alcohol scares me
>Don't want to do it anymore
>Not even tempted
>It was a miserable experience
>And scared me

>> No.8094303
File: 32 KB, 356x376, tumblr_nep88w5g8F1r472txo2_r1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Bought a lacefront arda wig for cheap-o off tumblr
>Needs to be modified, I order wefts from arda in the shade I was told the wig was
>These definitely aren't the right color
>mfw

>> No.8094305

I'm having feels that /cgl/ is trying to convince some guy/girl to still try drinking when they keep saying they don't want to.

>> No.8094307

>>8094302
So? Then you should visit a therapist.

>> No.8094313

>>8092727
>>8092728
Eh I felt similar guilt having a couple shots at 15 (in Canada, drinking age 19) despite it being relatively normal to start around that time. I just prided myself on being "the good kid" and to this date still haven't smoked weed or anything. Don't beat yourself up so much, but if your family has a history of alcoholism, maybe this was the lesson you needed to steer clear and avoid that route.

>> No.8094316

>>8094305
same, as someone who dislikes drinking myself it's weird to see.

if people don't like coffee I don't tell them to drink it until they enjoy it

>> No.8094318

>>8089714
She's from my comm. English isn't her first language and besides her habit of stating she wears lolita every day in almost every god damn comment she's alright.

>> No.8094337

>>8094316
The thing with coffee or hot sauce or alcohol is that people don't tend to wake up and be like 'Oh, I suddenly think this is delicious now'. It's more of an acquired taste, which you have the choice to acquire but how the hell are you going to acquire it if you only try it once and then refuse to ever again (not to mention there are different types of coffee/hot sauce/alchool and just because you hate black coffee doesn't mean you'll hate iced latte).

>> No.8094349

>>8094337

I've tried alcohol on many different occasions. Still don't like it, and I still don't get how sitting in a circle and drinking it is considered more social than a good dinner. Not everyone who doesn't like alcohol has only tried it once.

>> No.8094352

>>8091777

My mom used all those reasons on me.

Then again, she doesn't believe in makeup. At least she's consistent unlike your mom.

>> No.8094355

>>8094337
that's not my point. I know it's an acquired taste. I just do not like it and I don't tell people who say they don't like coffee to try it again.

I do not like the taste and dislike the idea of getting drunk, why is that so bad?

>> No.8094367

>>8094337
Here's the thing, this person's family is predisposed to alcoholism. It's not really a good idea for them to "acquire the taste" for alcohol in the first place.

>> No.8094500

>>8090083
>'anon i wish i didn't have such a girly girl like you.'
My mom doesn't like that I don't wear a lot of makeup or dress up ( I used to break out all the time so I'd never put anything on my face and my jobs can get rough), she never says it outright but she would always try leaving "hints" around the house
>Anon I know you want a new outfit for concerts and I have a dress you might look good in I put it in your bedroom
>Anon this is your sister's makeup book from school I think you might like to read it
>Anon you can get some bonuses on your credit card if you shop at Sephora
>Anon if I buy you these makeup brushes will you use them

>> No.8094520

>>8091174
Fill it with exercise?

>> No.8094546

>>8094104
Anon you replied to. That's the test I was taking as well!

>> No.8094797

My normalfag friends from highschool are all horrible to me - and they're also horrible to everyone else. They still act like they're in a little highschool clique, even though we're all 20 years old.

I just don't want to be friends with them any more. They're immature, mean, and one of them is a straight-up racist.

They constantly belittle me and tell me I'm useless, stupid, etc. even though I'm doing more (hobbies wise, work wise, university wise) than they ever will and am already planning the rest of my life while they sit on their butts living off their parents.

But I'm too much of a pushover to just tell them I don't want to be friends...

So I guess I'll just not talk to them as much and hope they lose interest.

>> No.8094860

This is such a pointless rant but I'm fucking sick of how big all the clothes I buy are.
Tops from threadless, from Listen Flavor, blouses from AP... Fucking huge on me! But I can't say a word about it or I'll get shot side-eyed glances for muh thin privilege.
I'm sick of it, people go on fucking hate tirades all the time about how brands don't cater to 'realistic sizing', meaning plus sizes, but I can't join in these conversations because I'm ultimately the bad guy, how dare I be skinnyfat and still angry at sizing?

I keep telling myself Tshirts are easy to take in, but I've got such a backlog that it's pissing me off.

>> No.8094873

>>8094860
People aren't giving you weird looks because you're thin, they're giving you looks because you sound like a retard.
>measurements for blouses and most online things are listed
>you can't seem to figure out how to measure yourself and buy clothes within reason

You're in the same vein as the fatty screaming about things not fitting when they purchase without thinking. Grow up, you can totally control what you're buying. Or like the fatasses, shop at stores that cater to your body type so there's no second guessing.

>> No.8094880

>>8094860
I'm sick of how easy it is to be fat when you wear lolita all the time. I'm pear shaped, short, and have a small frame, and like you most stuff is too big, so I don't have any motivation to stay fit. I can't fit any of my jeans or shorts, but I still get my lolita stuff on with ease.I need to start wearing normalfag fashion and showing my midriff.

>> No.8094904

>>8094873
I'm complaining because the clothes I like don't cater to my sizing, not because there's nothing out there in my size, stop projecting. I can buy something in my size from the highstreet, but I don't want that, I want weird clothes from the internet that the mid-range sized people get to buy.
I stand by the belief that if I bring that up around bigger girls, they'd get pissed off at me even though they complain that AP etc is too small all the time.

>>8094880
Agreed. I forget what I look because jfashion is so big, until I try to wear normalfag clothes and then I realise I've let myself go. Stay fit, friend!

>> No.8094915

>>8094904
>I stand by the belief that if I bring that up around bigger girls, they'd get pissed off at me

So are you just projecting that this is what they'd do? Sounds like it to me.
Believe it or not, there are also fellow tall, short, and yes plus size girls whom you may find a kindred spirit with because they go through the same problems you do. Fat girls don't automatically have a hate boner for anyone smaller than them, the entire world isn't high school.

>> No.8094934

>>8094904
Taobao offerings in size S are good, a lot of the OL blouses are loliable and have less ease than lolita ones. It's also the lack of anything fitted around my lower abdomen/hips/thighs. Maybe we both need to start wearing gyaru, sizes are actually small and there's a lot of emphasis on staying thin, particularly if you want to look like the models

>> No.8094958

>>8094904
Yeah no, I'm going to agree with the anon you replied to that people give you weird looks because you can't seem to read measurements or measure yourself before buying something.
If it doesn't fit, take it in if you can sew or take it to a seamstress. Better yet, go shop at places that does custom sizing. Ain't that hard.

(Btw, fatty-transitioning-to-fit shitlord here who don't automatically hate anyone smaller than me like a dumbass.)

>> No.8094959

>>8094797
Sounds like you're just as stuck in that immature highschool mindset as them.

>> No.8094967

>>8094797
In fairness, you cannot say nothing to them and expect the treatment you receive from them to change. If you don't command respect, then you certainly won't get it, and pushovers often don't for this reason.

>> No.8095058

>>8094307
Already am.

>> No.8095218

>Get promoted to team leader at work
>Have to train with an asshole for a week
>He acts like a sarcastic, condescending frat boy stuck in the 90's
>God fucking damn it I'm not looking forward to this
>Fell and hit my knee really hard a few hours ago
>Knee already hurts so much that I'm limping
>I walk like ten miles at work a day
>This week is going to be so shitty

>> No.8095544

>>8094904
>I'm complaining because the clothes I like don't cater to my sizing,

go to fucking taobao and stop whining
clothing like most lolita dresses that only come in one size will always have people that are either too small or too big for them, there's no winning with one size.

>> No.8095549

>>8094860
Go eat a fucking hamburger, skelly.

>> No.8095559

>>8094958
I know this is dumb and nobody cares, but I feel you missed the entire reason for my 'feel', like like the other responder.
I didn't say people give me weird looks, I said that they would (or I imagine they would) if I did talk about it. I also later said that my distress is specifically about what the brands that I like do offer for sizing, and not that I can't measure myself or alter/ find other clothes that would fit. It doesn't matter how many other places do my size, I want my size from the shops I want without the added cost/effort of alteration, and like the bigger girls I'm entitled to my own selfish and irrational feelings.

But good luck with your goals and reaching them safely, you can do it and don't let anything tell you otherwise!

>>8095544
It's a whining thread, whining will happen.

>> No.8095563

>>8095218
boss says "you don't apply yourself, like even just walking to the back you do it slowly"

"we're giving the promotion to tits mcgee cashier, because she's flirty with the customers, and doesn't dress up like cartoon characters on weekends"

>> No.8095706

I'm considering to leave lolita. It still makes me happy to look at dresses and I love my wardrobe, but the depression I get from not fitting into it anymore makes me wanna cry. The problem is, I'm actually fine with my body otherwise, I'm really chubby and I even gained a little over the last months, but if it weren't for my dresses not fitting I'd be fine with that. I just can't lose that weight, I try to count calories, but I'm consantly stressed and have to eat ready-made food all the time. I also don't have the time to work out, I get up at 5 am and come home at 7 pm and have a shit ton of work to do. Now that I'm close to finishing my degree I can't seem to find the energy to diet. I literally gave up on myself even though I feel better when I'm dieting (less tummy aches) and I'm already considering to alter my dresses to cater to my fat ass.
I never wanted to admit it, but I guess I'm now a plus-size lolita.
>tl;dr fat lolita feels

>> No.8095720

Anon who was going to confess to a fellow seagull
>It has been more than a week since we last talked
>I'm worried as fuck
>What if I was recognized and he's mad at me. We will never talk again.
H-hold me /cgl/

>> No.8095726

>>8095706
What is your height and measurements out of curiosity? It might not be as bad as you think it is, anon. Contrary to popular belief, it's extremely common to gain weight from stress while you're in school. On top of that, your schedule sounds CRAZY. I'm a grad student and I'm not even that busy.

TL;DR cut yourself a break.

>> No.8095730

>>8095706
>implying you can't just lose the weight again after you graduate
Stop being so short-sighted

>> No.8095732

>>8095706
Girl, don't give up but give it a break. School first, Lolita second.

>> No.8095742

>>8095559
>I'm entitled to my own selfish and irrational feelings.
Of course you are, just as brands are entitled to not cater to you, and we're entitled to tell you how much of a spoiled brat you sound like.

>I said that they would (or I imagine they would)
And there's your problem, it's all in your head. Get off tumblr and /cgl/, it's affecting how you perceive actual adults.

I understand how frustrating it is, I'm 5'9" and while I have the measurements to fit into VM, I never will because of my height. 5'4" is on the tall side for lolita so you just have to deal with it and move on (or gain weight because that's something you can actually change).

>> No.8095745

>>8095726
My height is 163 cm, bust is 94 cm and waist is 79 cm and weight 69 kg.
I know it's common to gain weight from stress, especially since I'm a stress-eater(?), I sometimes just need some sugar to get down to earth.
My schedule is really busy since I'm working part-time (about 20 hrs a week) and I'm close to finishing my bachelor's degree (which means working for uni a lot at home). The cherry on top is that my uni is in another city, so I'm wasting at least 4,5 - 5 hours just for getting there and back, sometimes I get home at 8 pm if the trains are delayed. The lectures will be over next week, but this only means I will have to work full-time until they start again and have to work on different papers and my thesis after work. Oh and I almost forgot my intern ship I have to go to every week for 2 hours (but again with 5 hours in transit bc same city like uni).
I would love to get a break, but I still have 3 exams this and next week I have to study for after work/uni.

>> No.8095750

>>8095730
Well it's just my bachelor's degree and I will start my master's right after so it's basically the same shit for the next 2 years because the master's degree is harder.

>>8095732
Thanks, I will try my best to get some rest after my finals are over!

>> No.8095752

>>8095750
My point still stands: school first, weight and lolita later. Career first, clothes second, future first, fun second, etc.

>> No.8095830

>>8095745

You commute 5 hours a day?

>> No.8095856

>>8095559
Must have missed that then, however, next time try to type better since I'm definitely not alone in thinking you sound bratty.

Obviously. I've had enough of what other's think about my goals and I give no fucks what they say. All I know is 1-2 pounds a week is keeping the weight off and I'm keeping that up.

>> No.8095877

>missed out on Haenuli's Angel of Music reservation the first time around 'cause holidays raped my wallet
>start getting a little desperate to find op or jsk 'cause irrational Phantom fan doesn't care how gaudy it looks
>sees op being sold in the BST thread for 320
>laugh and move on since Haenuli had posted earlier that same day that they wanted to see if there were enough people for a second reservation.
>dress gets sold before the second reservation opened
>mfw I can't stop laughing at the girl who bought it for 320 when my reserved order costs only 300 for a JSK and headwear.

This is why you should be patient and keep up with news.

>> No.8095882

>>8095830
Not same anon but that is what I used to do because my city's public transit is so terrible.

>> No.8096014

>>8095830
Yes sadly, my desired degree is only offered in the next city and I can't move there since my bf and I have our jobs where we live now. Also we live in buttfuck nowhere, if I lived a little more near the city, like when I still lived with mum, it would be "only" 4 hours.

>> No.8096114

>>8096014
>>8095882

Man, I can't even imagine. That's like driving halfway across the state every day.

>> No.8096128
File: 387 KB, 320x240, Mugi5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Bought everything I needed for cosplays
>Went a bit over my budget but whatever since it's done
>Wig I bought shows wigcap through when styled how I need it
>Suck at sewing and would fuck it up more if I tried to make a hairline out of it

>> No.8096132

>>8096114
It's just the public transport, if I used our car I would need 2 hours. But waiting times add up if you have to change trains.

>> No.8096133

>>8095745
if you you only owkr part time, it doesnt sound like such a serious job that you cant find in the next city? amirite?

>> No.8096141

>>8094302
If your family has a history with alcoholism then it's probably better if you do stay away from it. Getting therapy to deal with the trauma would also be a good idea because being as afraid as you are of alcohol may be harmful in the long run, but if you never want to drink again that's okay. Despite what a lot of people seem to think, it's not an integral part of life at all.

>> No.8096143

>>8095877
Unless she has to pay lots in shipping it will work out about even in cost and she'll have hers in a few days...still laughing?
> isn't this the dress made in big sizes too so every fatty on the planet will grab a version?

>> No.8096146
File: 948 KB, 500x281, tumblr_miqznzdrss1rmkb4bo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8087969
Moved out of my dorm and back home to take care of my mother.
>she broke both legs from a fall
>she cannot drive
>she runs a landscaping buisness.
I had to quit my job and am now working non-profit, doing all of her jobs so she can pay her bills.
>"But Anon at least you don't have to pay rent"
Oh, believe me, I do. So I'm stuck at home, spending my hours shopping for lolita on taobao. I know that excessive spending is a horrid problem, especially when you use it as a crutch for stress, but lolita has really helped me keep my sanity. Even if I get dressed up for myself (friends all live near my old dorm) I really cherish my collection.. also fucking Alpacassos. I bought 7 new ones. Large size. Those things make me so fucking happy.

>> No.8096153

>>8094904
literally no one knows what you are talking about. how tiny are you that you can't fit in asian sizes? sure, lolita dresses are bigger, but the rest of the cute japanese/chinese/taobao brand stuff comes in pretty tiny sizing... calm your baby tits

>> No.8096182

>>8096143
Shipping was 10 bucks domestic if I recall the lacemarket listing correctly. So the dress was 310 without shipping compared to the original of 285 or so. Even with EMS shipping the cost still comes out less and especially so if the buyer was international.
And I'm not impatient, so waiting is nothing for me.
Also, the one on sale was an XL, so a fatty bought it.
So, yes, I still am laughing.

>yes it is and there are so many that were begging on the post

>> No.8096187

>>8096133
Not quite, it's really good for my resume, otherwise extremly nice work with nice people, I really like it and my boyfriend works full-time in the same company. No way I'm moving in the other city and leave all this behind, I rather suck it up, it was just a little too much lately so I needed to vent.

>> No.8096210

>>8096133
Not OP, but why would working part time be a bad thing? I work part-time in my profession, because my husband works full-time already and I have more time for errands/housework amd someday kids. I could always work full-time tho, I'd almost earn as much as my husband even.

>> No.8096277
File: 174 KB, 279x400, y.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>day off today
>friends are either working or at school
>tfw cabin fever
>fuck it; it's sunny out
>dress up in lolita and made up in first time in weeks
>car doesn't want to start
>mfw

My car has been doing this for a while, but now it's flipping out with lights and locks when I try to get the engine to work.

>> No.8096318

>>8088529
Tank binders are usually less efficient than the tri-top ones, in my experience. Sucks that you didn't get what you wanted, though, sorry.

>> No.8096324

>>8095563
That makes no sense. Also, I don't work retail.

>> No.8096348

>>8094797
Are you still in highschool?

>> No.8096364

>>8096348
Yes they're all over 20 but still in high school.

>Not sure if failed at insult or failed at reading comprehension

>> No.8096370

>>8096277
Sounds like it might be a battery issue. When's the last time you replaced it?

>> No.8096378

>>8096324
He hardly ever makes sense. At this point he's like a confused homeless man spouting vaguely insulting gibberish at random people.

>> No.8096578

>>8096370
>>8096277

I'd agree, especially if you recently got a cold snap. A little more description would be good though.

>> No.8096687

>Go to a new con in my area 2 years ago
>Its tiny and sounds awful so we don't buy badges, just go to the hotel bar
>Friends see a chubby guy with awful bleach blonde hair and cat ears sitting alone
>"Hey lets call him over he looks lonely"
>Suddenly I'm reminded of all the horror story and cringe threads on CGL
>Tell them not to, that I get a "bad vibe" and get the feeling that he's alone for a reason

One of my friends goes to get a drink later and stands right next to him. when she comes back to the table she's like "Oh my god he fucking reeks"

Thanks, Cgl. Thants.

>> No.8096721
File: 8 KB, 200x200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>return home from long trip
>charger breaks
>lose €200
>air berlin lose my luggage
>Keys to my flat were in there
>borrow in-laws' keys
>can't unlock door
>lose my wedding rings in the snow (gone from thin to thank mr skeltal in the course of a month)
>all my souvenirs, clothes, cosmetics and equipment are in my suitcase, which I haven't got
>mfw all I have to show for at the moment are two poppyseed strudels, wax strips from a Rossmann in Budapest and some receipts from Aldi
Absolutely exquisite craic
Oh well, as they say in Hungary - Használatra kész gyantacsíkok testre

>> No.8096764
File: 1020 KB, 500x280, ...oh okay.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>spot friends dream dress up
>snatch it
>plan to give it to her for her birthday
>birthday comes up
>give dress
>"oh my gosh! you got me the dress!!! i love it! thank youu, im gonna wear it all the time!! <3"
>feels good man
>week later
>hasnt worn the dress once
>ask her about it
>"well, i havent found quiet the right coord for it yet!! but i will"
>whatever man
>2 weeks later
>see she put the dress up on sale
help me seagulls, did she not like it? whenever i get close to bringing it up she changes the subject, her reaction felt so real.,, and shes fine money wise... why is she selling my present... its been one of her dream dresses for a while...

>> No.8096772

>>8096764
It's kind of rude IMO that she's selling it, but I wouldn't take it personally anon. Maybe she didn't end up liking the way it looked on her, or wasn't what she expected. Either way, sorry you wasted your money.

>> No.8096773

>>8096764
Ask her.

>> No.8096782

>>8096764
What >>8096772 said. Kind of rude that she's selling it since it was a gift and all, but also it's possible that it didn't look as good on her as she thought and she doesn't know how to tell you that. If she's a close friend, she probably feels bad for making you go through all that trouble.

>> No.8096803

>been a lolita for about 3 years now
>been longing from a distance for 5
>see many arguments on ita/nitpick threads about wearing a sweet coord with gothic items and vice versa
>tfw I just realized unless it's a print, I don't really know what constitutes a gothic or sweet coord
BRB, research...

>> No.8096810
File: 125 KB, 205x262, tumblr_inline_nhqiatZe2V1r6uc34.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bad things happening just makes me want cute things.
>The bad things won't stop happening.
I'm a voracious monster.

>> No.8096816

>>8096324
I think he's trying to tell us that he didn't get the promotion to head fry cook at McDonalds because they gave it to a 17 year old girl instead. I'm sorry to hear that sieg.

>> No.8097096

>moved back to hometown after graduation; over-educated and underemployed
>situation is source of embarrassment because being back here means running into old classmates & teachers
>weird learning that some of these classmates already got married with kids or will be
>tfw dead end minimum wage job and in a LDR

I'm trying not to compare myself with others and remind myself that my aspirations and journey in life is different from others, but I saw a younger classmate I used to have French class getting married in a couple of months to her college sweet-heart. It's surprising to me that anyone would get married with the way the economy is, but then I remember that her dad has an executive position at Fortune 500 company.

I just want to be with my bf and live the bohemian lifestyle with my lolita and his music equipment being the only extravagant things we spend on.

also
>ck feel, but no feel thread there
>tfw just ate, but somehow feel hungrier

>> No.8097343
File: 61 KB, 172x226, my_mistake.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8096364
We all have brainfarts every now and then Anon, my apologies.

As for your problems, my advice would be to either confront them or do what you're doing, ignoring them.
I can sort of relate, though my group of friends is also from highschool, they aren't shit. But I've encountered
a lot of shitbags from highschool now that I'm out of it. People are shitty, and during highschool being
with them is practically unavoidable, but when you're out of it like now you can pretty easily sever connections.
I don't keep in touch with the douchebags from highschool I knew, only the best of friends I had.

>> No.8097346

>>8089604
>who hates me cause I'm prettier than her

And SHE'S the one with narcissism, right?

>> No.8097368

>Just did my taxes
>3k coming in the bankbank
>Really want to do what I usually do and book a hotel room for a con with 1k, save 1k, and spend 1k on furniture and lolita I don't usually buy
>But I am currently on sick leave from work after getting injured on the job
>I know they legally don't have to take me back when I'm better
>should just save it for if I am replaced and need to job search.
>I know that is a small possibility
>My DM has stopped responding to my e-mails.
>Only contact is with HR, my nurse consultant and the insurance company.
>Still fucking paranoid and saving every sent of the disability money.
fuckfuckfuck ankle just heal up so I can move the fuck on with my life. If I loose this job over this, whatever, I would just like to know.

>> No.8097377
File: 802 KB, 500x281, 1383562492332.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>My boyfriend just told me how he feels about lolita.
>just got into lolita a few months ago and already have some pieces
>tfw I just ordered a shit ton of rori from taobao and AP
>tfw I thought he liked the fashion.

Time to sell everything I bought...or break up?

>> No.8097380

>>8097377
compromise maybe...?

>> No.8097381

>>8097377
break up fuck that shit, find someone who is alright with whatever you like.

>> No.8097384

>>8097377
oh and I mean, I guess I could keep with it, but he just.. was really really harsh about it. Like, fuck.

>> No.8097390

>>8097096
I'm in a similar bind. Hang in there, anon. We both will pull through this.

>> No.8097391

>>8097377
sell boyfriend

>> No.8097397
File: 103 KB, 500x671, lolitabreak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8097377

I had someone like that in my life once not so long ago. Now he's an ex.

>> No.8097427

>>8097377
What did he say, if you don't mind my asking?

>> No.8097440

>be me
>female
>look super young
>have short hair
>starts work at pizza place
>first night goes pretty well
>lady tells my manager 'the counterboy, anon, is such a kind young gentleman' the next day

>> No.8097485
File: 987 KB, 500x283, tumblr_mqhzolldjf1sxcnivo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8097427
Well, to put it into context, we were on Skype when I started sending pictures of sweet/classic cords. He was silent for a while so I asked him what he thought about them. He was like
"That's so fucking horrendous. It's hideous. Who would dress like that. They look like they're covered in baby shit. I hate it."
I'm so appalled because I had really aspired to look like the girls in the coords when I became brave enough to venture into sweet. I don't know how he feels about gothic but ?I think he hates lolita in general.. He knows I own nameless poem and I've talked about the fashion before but nothing else. I'm not sure how to handle this..

>> No.8097495

>>8097377
I don't know how prominent you want lolita to be in your life but if you just want to wear it to meetups who cares? It's not like he has to come along.

>>8097485
You know. I don't know what you've send him but a lot of sweet lolita looks like being covered in baby shit.That's totally true and something you will have to accept as a valid opinion about your style.

>> No.8097756
File: 90 KB, 480x640, -u- in bed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> avoided getting banned from Btssb
> managed to buy a dress that I thought I had missed due to late paycheck
> item being bidded on is going well
> small Taobao order incoming with pants which is great because I only own two pants and one is ripped at the crotch
> just found out that 8am class tomorrow is cancelled
> actually keeping up with my math class this semester
> everythingisgoingbetterthanexpected.jpg

>> No.8097761
File: 54 KB, 400x267, HappyDoggie=D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8097756
Oh, also sold a dress I thought I would never manage to sell.

>> No.8097765

>>8097377
>>8097485
It's a difficult situation. My fiance doesn't like gothic lolita but thinks classic lolita and otome are cute, and since I like all of these styles it's relatively easy to compromise. Plus, even if he's not a fan of something he isn't a douche about it. He's not the one who has to wear it and as long as it makes me happy, he's fine with it.
In your case it seems like compromise isn't an option. You're going to have to evaluate which means more to you, your hobby or your boyfriend. IMO someone who so viciously shits all over something he knows you like is a douchebag and you'd be better off without him, but obviously I don't know anything about your relationship.

>> No.8097772

Tfw too scared to go to meets ever bc muh anxiety
Tfw last meet went Well so my fear is pretty unnecessary
Tfw I feel like a burden to the comm
Tfw day before meet usually break down and think I'm too fat/ugly to attend
Resulting in dieting / skinbleaching /acid peels
Tfw I do this with everything I join and have since 13
I just wanna function and not care about looks
Tfw I feel this fashion may cause me to relapse

I don't think it's really worth it anymore

>> No.8097775

>>8096721
>run the sentence through GT
>Ready To Use Wax Strips for customization
wut

>> No.8097783

>>8097775
Anon probably copied that off the package.

>> No.8097785

>>8097775
>>8097783
I thought that was the joke

>> No.8097786
File: 244 KB, 620x412, thisfuckface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8095218

>He acts like a sarcastic, condescending frat boy stuck in the 90's

>> No.8097842
File: 1.47 MB, 290x240, mikefall.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Moving soon.
>Real happy about the move in general, going to majorly improve a lot of aspects of my life.
>Love my comm here. Good meets, good people and have really helped me improve as a lolita.
>Look at comm of where I'm moving to and start to feel kind of snubbed.
>Will probably never connect with my new comm quite as much as I did with my old.
>Will probably end up being a lone lolita all over again.

>> No.8097890

>>8097786
>Some body once told me the world was gonna roll me
>I aint the sharpest tool in the shed
>She was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb
>In the shape of an L on her forehead

>> No.8098040

>4chan recaptchas fucking up

>> No.8098104

>Call lolita loli with the boyfriend because inside jokes
>Sometimes slip up and call it loli with lolita friends
>Fuck
>Friend make this long passive aggressive status about "DON'T CALL IT THAT"
>Really bitch, well fuck.

>> No.8098107

>>8097772
Update
Invited to other meet next month by girl in my comm
Kinda feel like I should give up the Fashion due to how shit it makes me feel but can't say no to her

>> No.8098147
File: 497 KB, 500x250, 2gether.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8097390
Thanks, bud.

>> No.8098156

>>8097397
Ugh, been there too. He didn't even accept that I had weebish hobbies, I'm so glad he dropped out of college and moved far away. Fucking dick.

Anyway, anon in question, see if you can defend yourself and have a rational heart-to-heart chat about this with him. If he's not going to budge, then maybe it's best to move on without him.

>> No.8098161
File: 157 KB, 500x398, tumblr_inline_mlu55qUY711qz4rgp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Completely fucked up cutting a wig
>Now stuck with a $40 waste of space
Feels bad, man.

For good feels:
>Found the perfect shoes for one of my cosplay
>They were under $20 shipped

>> No.8098172

>>8094860
Instead most of western sizes are too large on my bust and shoulders, while AP cutsews fit perfectly for my small bust and shoulders, some could also larger but i never had that issue yet. But my pants are a bit tight on me, i should wear only lolita or cute skirts instead. One day i got also a little dipper blouse thinking it was a S but instead it was more like a M/L!!
In my opinion, some are pissed to not fitting some burando/offbrand because they have a bust too big or they are too fat so they can't even fit the shirred items. I'm not that skinny not chubby but still some lolita items could be large on me.
>>8097096
>I just want to be with my bf and live the bohemian lifestyle with my lolita and his music equipment being the only extravagant things we spend on.
Believe me, that is an awesome lifestyle way satisfying that only get married, having kids and live a boring life with debts to pay, rent, car and so on. I would only spend on some burando sometimes and living in a small apt (or a caravan too, it woudn't be that bad!!) with my bf. But as you, i'm in a LDR and have a small shop online, so i don't earn that much...Also i'm still graduating from university and my degree doesn't help much to find a good paid job (Eurofag here). I find weird to see most people get married even with shitty jobs or no jobs at all and make kids as well. In my opinion, better to settle down if both partners have secure well paid jobs to start a family but i want a more carefree life without the hassle of growing up kids or paying big costs for living.

>> No.8098203
File: 90 KB, 600x338, 1400471199766.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>enjoy having lolita in our Comm
>dresses very nicely and coordinates great
>very wealthy so this lolita can travel abroad or attend meetups at other Comms
>plans some awesome meetups
>graduating soon
>talking about future
>seems really uncertain
>might be leaving our Comm soon and moving somewhere else

Should I be worried about the lolita in our Comm? Is this lolita is hiding something from us?

>> No.8098244

>>8098172
I feel you on those kids anon...
Tfw everyone wants you to reproduce like it's a commandment (though shalt screw and multiply)
Tfw hubby suddenly wants to reproduce
Tfw you know you will resent your children
Tfw well shit....

>> No.8098249

>>8098203
Uncertainty about your future is pretty common when graduating, as is moving.

>> No.8098296

>losing weight
>already petite figure
>tfw 57cm waist
>all my lolita is too big
>can't bear the though of altering clothing (I'm primarly a collector)
>I still want to wear my clothes though
>what do

>> No.8098298
File: 201 KB, 500x281, 595643dz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw intermittent fasting is allowing me to eat McGangBangs and still hit my macros without being miserable

Abs soon bitches

>> No.8098303

>>8098203
What.

>> No.8098306

>>8098296
Maybe pin it on the inside?

>> No.8098318
File: 71 KB, 360x350, done copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw live in North East
>tfw fucking snow and slush

>no dress dresses for me for 4 months

even fleece lined tights don't help my chicken legs.

>> No.8098399

>need feedback, and desperately want good feedback
>go out of my way to send packages securely, priority, wrap them nicely, leave nice letters, even ask the buyer to make sure to leave feedback or get back to me when the item arrives
>Past 5 buyers receive item according to tracking
>NONE of them get back to me, none of them leave feedback, end up stuck with zero feedback after selling quite a bit of stuff

Seriously, I need feedback, getting nothing but silence after going out of my way to make sure everything arrives safely and having great communication with the buyer is really frustrating. Is it so hard to get one response after the item arrives? It's upesetting.

>> No.8098428

>>8098172
>>8098244
I feel your feels. I do want children eventually but not until we're financially secure, whereas my fiancé keeps talking about "our kids" like they already exist. I think for us the biggest difference comes from our parents; mine had me when they were in their early 30s and both had stable jobs, whereas his had him when they were 20, still in college, unemployed and dirt poor. He lived the first ten years of his life being shuttled between grandparents and cheap government housing while hardly seeing his father because he was off finishing his education on the other side of the country. To me this sounds like a terrible way to plan your life and something I'd never want to inflict on my children, but I can't really say that without letting on that I think his parents made a really irresponsible life choice. They keep mentioning how they already had two kids when they were our age as if that's something to brag about, or as if we're doing life wrong.

>>8098399
Was this on LM? Can you maybe ask a mod to prod them a little?
I don't have any feedback either and was planning to sell some stuff too so I hope there's a way to resolve this sort of thing when it happens.

>> No.8098435

>>8097485
I know that must have been a nasty shock when it sounds like you've been researching and also did not expect his reaction and you like Sweet. I'm sorry to hear it but not surprised.

But as anon said above, many people think this way about Sweet with very young types of prints, even other Lolitas. I'm assuming since you are here you are over 18 and I think some males do have trouble with the idea that the object of their carnal desire might suddenly turn up in what (to the untrained eye) really can resemble frilly baby clothes or children's Easter dresses complete with twee shoes and plastic jewelry.

Lolita fashion itself has earned the nickname 'boner killer' and Sweet is often the president of the Limp Pickle Society.

>> No.8098438

>>8098428
tbh if I had kids I just know I'd be a terrible mum. I'm incredibly lazy and a little selfish, and sometimes I can be kind of a hypocrite
>inb4 whorelyn whoroe quote
but seriously, I can barely take care of myself let alone a child. Which is logical, I'm only 21 and poor, and moved out just a few years back so I'm still learning.
I don't know what kind of a piss miserable life women in the past must've had to be married off at 18-20 and pop out child after child, being reduced to nothing and forced to live for those kids.

>> No.8098454

>>8088529
>>8088534
do they even work

>> No.8098462

>>8098438
My grandmother lived that life. Had her first kid at 18, married to a douchebag who insisted on having more children than they could afford because so far they only had daughters and he wanted a son. He ended up dying shortly after the youngest child left the house and my grandmother finally flourished. Now she has an adorable boyfriend her own age and a more active social life than I do since she has so much to make up for. I'm just glad she never came to resent her children, even if I wouldn't have entirely blamed her if she did.
Sage for non-/cgl/ related.

>> No.8098471

>>8098454
Are there any before/after pix of Lolitas in binders under OP and JSK anywhere? I'm curious to see. I can get flatter with 2 microfiber sports bras stacked but even the thin underbust bands on decent ones leave my skin tender after I take them off.

>> No.8098476
File: 83 KB, 1280x720, hyouka-06b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>decide to watch RWBY
>hey, it's shit, but this isn't as shit as I thought
>marathon both seasons, excited for next volume
>creator is dead the next day
>mfw I have no face

In other news.
>con in two months
>cosplay pretty much done
>introverted bf and I concerned about room privacy
>regret offering two friends a room
>eventually charge them $100 apiece and decide to just kick them out for a while whenever we need privacy

>> No.8098530

>>8098476
The creator of RWBY died...? Sorry for not being in the loops and asking. I watched it a bit when it first came out but I didn't like it much so I stopped.

>> No.8098707

>>8098530
The beginning really sucks balls. I only stayed for the fights, but its slowly getting better with everything, especially tension in volume two.

>> No.8098713

>>8098530
And yeah, he died from a allergic reaction..

>> No.8098769
File: 94 KB, 400x225, 1404731757107.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>need to buy a swimsuit for class trip to this beach resort
>go to store
>store lady gets a swimsuit for me
>say it seems like it'll be a bit big for me (size 14 UK)
>she scoffs and says "I doubt the medium will be big enough for you"
>while saying this, she literally reaches out and puts her hand on my stomach
>feel like crying
>buy the large one, go home
>start trying to think of quick, painless ways to kill myself
h-how was your day, seagulls?

>> No.8098798

>>8098769
lol, fatty

>> No.8098818

Even burnt my fingers doing stuff for cosplays but generally didn't have any progress at all at anything. Now I keep on thinking/telling myself that I can't cosplay at all because everyone progress so much at such short time and I take ages to make a simple necklace.
It's amazing how I can feel like shit for the smallest things ever.

>> No.8098851

>>8088541
>secretly wearing it daily and taking it off before he sees me
Random guy here. It's your hobby. If he tries to change your hobby then he probably doesn't love you for who you are. If he legitimately gets upset over you wearing silly clothes then you should dump his ass.

>> No.8098882

>>8088541
And this is why cats > men.

>> No.8098973

>>8097440

At least it was a compliment?

Sorry, that's the best I got. Short hair is cute though imo

>> No.8099117

>have been into cosplay since high school
>started making my own shitty cosplay in uni, started to improve
>got one of my friends into cosplay during uni, even made an outfit for her for free because I love sewing etc. and we're both starving students
>I decide to take it further and go into fashion school after graduating
>friend marries a well-off guy, suddenly really gets into cosplay with the free money she has, starts an fb page, gets followers
>page is filled with comments like 'omg anon you're so inspiring! you're the best! please make my cosplay! mad skills!"
>does mostly armour, not so much clothing; I know for a fact her mother does some of the sewing for her or she does closet cosplay, she uses glue to do details because she doesn't know how to embroider or sew piping
>watch her get popular for minimal costuming skills while I can't cosplay atm because I'm deep in the trenches of preparing for my grad fashion show

I admit I'm shamefully jealous and bitter. It's just so frustrating to see her do 'well' when I know about the shortcuts she takes. I wish I had the free income she has at her disposal. I guess I just feel like my mission to create really well-finished garments doesn't even matter because as long you have photoshop, photog friends, and people to help you sew/craft, you can make almost any cosplay look good and get mad props for it. I should get a grip and be more mature about the whole thing, but I'm so demotivated and just feel like quitting costuming in general. She's also good friends with everyone in my social so I can't tell anyone and I just dwell on these feelings alone.

>> No.8099149

>>8099117
>is friends with an influential, wealthy person
>instead of using that to promote herself and network, she chooses to be jelly and whinges on an anonymous Laotian papyrus painting imageboard
git gud son, this is how I can tell you haven't been poor before. Lemons, lemonade etc

>> No.8099241

>>8092610
How weird was the content on that blog?

>> No.8099448

>>8097440
That's another one up there with low blood pressure-chan fainting into a guys arms.

>> No.8099451

>>8099241
Not them, but judging by how their friend unfriended them because they weren't immediately as feverishly obsessed with, whatever, it was.
I'd hazard a guess that on a scale of 1 to 10, it's a belgian mammogram.

>> No.8099654

>>8098973
I agree, I'm at least thankful for that, she remembered me, which is a good thing. I'd rather take that over a complaint

>> No.8099668

>>8087969

>played plenty of D&D/rpg but never LARP'd before
>find local LARP group's website and scope their rules
>group is light contact, no head shots, uses weapon damage/hit point rules; all for play balance
>i'm 6'3", athletic
>i looked at their event pictures on the website
>cant imagine a single one of these people scoring a single strike on me unless i let them

It seems like so much fun and I've wanted to join something like this for so long. But I also don't want to wreck some awkwardfuck's Saturday by jocking him in the face with my foam sword, y'know, so like, fuck. I know I can dial it back and try to find a balance, but still. It feels dishonest to let people land on me for the sake of balance.

>> No.8099838
File: 298 KB, 482x347, 4am.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Not poor, but have limited money to spend
>Need new clothes but somehow can't bare to spend money unless it's on cosplay
>Even Forever 21 stuff feels extravagant, but lol 50 dollars on a nice Arda wig, 100 on cosplay tools and 80 dollars of fabric, for a cosplay I'll probably wear 3-4 times and get bored of
>I need a new phone and computer but hey let's hop off to a convention for a weekend that's $500+ down the drain

>> No.8099842

>>8099838
You're stupid, get your priorities right or stop complaining.

>> No.8099860

>>8098769
I don't understand. I worked in the clothing department at Walmart and if I ever did something like this I would've been fired ASAP. How do people get away with doing this shit?

>> No.8099864

>>8099668

Do they have magic? Be a wizard

Or like the innkeeper

>> No.8099889
File: 43 KB, 600x800, 1418944693919.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finally stop procrastinating on the final couple parts of my cosplay
>do some work, plan to come back tomorrow
>come down with a bug and am stuck in my duvet feeling like shit for 2 days

>> No.8099923

>>8098769
I also work at a clothing store and if we did this we'd be fired in a heartbeat. Don't worry about the lady anon, I bet she was fucking ugly anyways.

>> No.8099961

>>8098769
if i were you i'd go back and file a complaint about her.

>> No.8100122

>>8099668
LARPfag here. I've been doing it for over a decade, and you would be surprised at the landwales and tublards who can actually sword fight. Especially if they have some ridiculous combo of shield/spear which stretches past your 6'3 arm reach.

Go anyway and immerse yourself. Don't let anyone tag you intentionally because it makes both parties feel shitty. With most LARPs it's experience > athleticism, unless you're running away/kiting for an extended amount of time.

>tfw five foot and weak as fuck but still trounces 6'3 athletic swaglords

>> No.8100921
File: 81 KB, 456x700, 30dff7b24f6d162f3cd50c1787d7354afcdf4e2c23ed2056eb2952845d7a9f86.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>eyeing a few items on taobao for a couple weeks
>decide to check if they're all still in stock
>shirt that I want super badly only has one baby on the shelf
>dress I want only has 6 left in my size
>panic and impulse buy everything else I've been watching
>over $200 before shipping

>> No.8101223

I feel heartbroken, except there was never any love for anyone.
I don't mean that as in metaphorically in a loveless relationship, I mean I'm the only party involved in this.

>> No.8101288

>>8091024
I know you can buy eyebrow stencils, you could try those until you get the hang of it.

>> No.8101692
File: 17 KB, 231x311, cupoftea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>went to my first anime con this year
>loved it
>want to cosplay as someone
>want to cosplay someone atheltic or fit
>be 6'1 and about 170 fit but no abs and haven't visited gym in a while
>all people I want to cosplay have incredible abs and toneness
>would have to either plan diet and eat at a deficit to gain abs or gain 20 lbs and be swole
>don't know how to make anything like seagulls even if I wanted to cosplay
>a little lost, next anime convention coming up in may
>don't know what to do.
Guess I'll just walk around in my normal get up and ask for pictures.

>> No.8102051

>>8096721
Ugyanitt trabant eladó

>> No.8102885

I think the eye piece works more.

>> No.8102928

hostelgoto.