[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 38 KB, 643x425, 1421869281278.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8072778 No.8072778 [Reply] [Original]

Old one on autosage

>> No.8072835

>>8072778
>planning first meet (that people actually attend)
>really hard to get people off the maybe list
>Wake up sick this morning
>meet on saturday
>everyone I know that I could have gotten this from had it for a while
>call restaurant to make reservations
>number does not exist
>email them
>email does not exist
>message their facebook page
>no response yet
I really don't want to be that person who completely fucks up a meetup I'm freaking out

>> No.8072847

>>8072778
>go to check CoF
>some how not member of group anymore

the only thing I can think of that might've gotten me deleted is a girl not taking the concrit I gave her well, but she asked for concrit so idk

>> No.8072912
File: 47 KB, 356x200, 200_s.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>TFW write huge post and it doesn't post
Maybe I should just tl;dr it

>Want more lolita
>Low hour job bumps my hours!
>Only from 12 to 18
>New hours awkward, flips morning, night, morning, night. On weekends.
>Terrible for getting second job

>Living situation making me waste away
>Finally get depression treatment
>Clears bank account
>Lolita is last thing I barely enjoy
>Going to have to sell wardrobe
>Will still have to choose between debt and no treatment

I really just want to die. I'm never getting out of this god awful place.

>> No.8072928
File: 105 KB, 500x412, tumblr_lyhwk2d6k11r6iq8mo2_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw found out today I passed my classes
>guy I've been texting asks me out for dinner
>everything going super fucking well
>you know what that means?
>YAHOO AUCTIONS SPENDING SPREE

Hide yo axes, hide yo brand, gaijin bitch be coming for your clothes

I'm so sorry I'm such a faggot.

>> No.8072935

>>8072912
It's ok anon! You getting help is more important right now. I would say put together a couple coords and keep those just so you have a foundation for when you can properly return to the hobby. Or even just one coord! But yeah, congrats on getting treatment!

>> No.8072945
File: 151 KB, 739x394, asfra.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Been really depressed
>Pretty much stopped eating/sleeping
>Keep forgetting to take my medication which makes it worse
>Falling behind in all of my classes
>Mom yells at me for having a dirty car
>Boyfriend is gone until April working
>MFW after bills I don't have enough money to buy fabric for my cosplay

At least between working out and not eating I'm losing weight...

>> No.8072949

>>8072935
I know it's a priority, but that doesn't mean anything if I literally don't have the funds.
I made a huge mistake just jumping into it without finding out if it's affordable. This first day, one appointment with a therapist and a second with a psychiatrist, cost me four hundred goddamn dollars. I'm expected to keep doing that weekly.
I'm probably going to drop the therapist and grit my teeth with the psychiatrist until I can only see her for drug updates.

How am I supposed to find a new place to stay when just existing puts me in the red?

I'll keep one lolita piece that I can coord with normal clothes, but I feel too guilty wearing anything else.

>> No.8072954

>bad depression days for the past week or so
>started getting anxiety that no one likes me and everyone being nice to me is just putting up appearances
>losing motivation to work on katsucon costumes

>> No.8072961

>>8072949
Have you talked to them about getting help with the cost? Also I'm sorry, I didn't realize how expensive it was for you. I hope it gets better somehow.

>> No.8072974

>>8072961
I know you mean well, anon. Honestly, thank you for taking a moment of your time to respond to my whining. It really means a lot. I'm sorry for being prickly.
I can do payment plans with them, although it's daunting for how it'll keep stacking up. I'll try to keep with it even though it's scary.

>> No.8073034

>>8072974
It's ok! Good luck! I hope you find a nice new job honestly. Have you thought of making a new resume?

>> No.8073041

>"anon, why don't you ever cosplay girl characters?"
>"i dunno, i just like guy outfits better"
>the real reason i only cosplay male characters/masked characters is because i'm not pretty enough to cosplay girls

>> No.8073080

>>8073034
I really hope it doesn't come down to quitting my job since it's a great place that I'm proud to be a part of. I've also only been there for just less than a year.

>> No.8073139
File: 47 KB, 382x612, 1414105197390.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Non /cgl/ related:

>Putting in my two weeks notice at work Monday morning and moving to another province
>Haven't told my roommate yet
>Afraid she'll get really upset, start freaking out etc.
>Supposed to hang out with her all weekend
>I think I'm going to tell her Sunday evening
>She really relies on me for almost everything so I think she'll try to guilt me out of going, despite me telling her numerous times since we got a place together that I was planning on moving away within a year or so.
>Whenever it came out she would guilt me slightly and talk about things we'll do together this time next year(Implying I'd still be around)

How can I break it to her gently? Should I have a third party present?

/cgl/ related:

>Much larger cosplay community where I'm moving
>excited to start working on new cosplays and hopefully making new cosplay friends

>> No.8073143

>>8073139
Whenever is came up* she would guilt me slightly not came out out.

>> No.8073176

>>8073139
With a third party in a public place. Sound excited and have the third party gush about how happy they are for you and how good this will be.
She might still throw a shit fit later in private, but at least she'll be eased into it.

Don't introduce the benefits of you going like you're trying to convince her it's worth it. Just be excited. Maybe bring up how you'll visit, be pen pals, Skype, whatever.
Don't sound apologetic because she'll run with that like you have something to be sorry for.

Good luck!! Sounds like you're going to gain a lot of independence away from this friend.

>> No.8073184

>>8073139
Are you moving as soon as your job is done? Because if so, you either need to tell her asap so she can start looking for someone else to move in & pay your share of the rent, or else be okay with paying for a month that you're not living there, because bailing on somebody with less than a month's notice is Not Cool.

>> No.8073195

>>8072949
Oh wow I'm really sorry for you anon!
I always feel so sorry for people who live somewhere without proper health care.
If I needed a therapist I could just go to one anytime, I can see any doctor I like without worrying about costs.

>> No.8073206

>>8073176
Wow Anon, that sounds like solid advice, thank you! She has a tendency to stay in when I invite her out say "Nah" and stay in and she'll probably be tired by Sunday evening.

All kinds of independence I tell ya'

>>8073184
I WILL be moving as soon as my job is done, they really needed me to start ASAP for funding thing. I'm already prepared to pay my half of the rent and/or all the furniture I brought with me plus plates, bowls cutlery etc. I brought virtually all of that.

There are plenty of small one bedroom places in the area is she wants to move into a smaller place by herself and I MIGHT know someone who could take my place, we'll see.

>> No.8073219

>used to be a lone lolita for years and not give a fuck, buy lolita sparingly
>joined comm over a year ago
>amazed by everyone's coords and dresses
>small budget but start buying more on Taobao
>BTSSB opens in city, buy more
>fiance is concerned that I'm becoming addicted to it
>really am becoming more addicted
>see wardrobe posts and want more so badly
>have 10 dresses total, only 1 brand
>receive $100 holiday gift from dad
>Angelic Pretty 50% off sale!!
>if I buy this dress it means buying shoes, blouse, bag, headdress to match... Also disappointment from fiance
>if I don't buy it I will forever regret not getting a cheap beautiful AP dress I love...

>> No.8073231

>>8073219
Get it anon.

>> No.8073243

>>8073219
sell your fiance for brand money

>> No.8073242

>>8073219
Get it and sell some of your dresses and accessories that you don't love as much. Your fiance will probably be less disappointed if he sees you making an effort to reduce your wardrobe instead of just adding more crap to it.

>> No.8073248

>>8073219
Buy something that you can coord with stuff you already own, or set a reasonable budget for the next few months to save up enough to buy the other pieces. It sounds like you guys are pretty strapped financially, so maybe put lolita on the back burner until you can afford it. If you're not, and you are spending your money responsibly, you should have a talk with your fiance about hobbies and financing since it obviously makes you happy.

>> No.8073252

>>8073242
I have one super ita piece that i unfortunately got off ebay a long time ago and never wore. It has a pink and white gingham pattern (the picture was a pink and blue plaid) and shitty lace. I wanted to sell it for years but I can't imagine anybody would want to buy it.

>> No.8073267

>>8073252
Did you try ebay? I've sold my ita pieces and Bodyline to some people who are not familiar to the fashion. They thought alt fashion really costs that much lol.

>> No.8073281
File: 18 KB, 480x320, BQEJvUHCMAAJ3zi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Jnig is voicing Sonico

>> No.8073424
File: 277 KB, 1820x2048, i have transcended the need for monstahs and dat dere kirby is but a trivial stitch in the fabric of truth.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gf has started going to the gym
>will be able to do some super cute couple cosplays soon enough
>not to mention better sex than ever
Super proud and excited for her

>> No.8073719

>>8072949
Can you get to a GP to get put on a mental health care plan? That should help subsidise the cost of your appointments, at least somewhat.

Having said that I only see a psychologist and psychiatrists can be fucking expensive. You're doing the right thing, I just hope that you can talk to them about your financial situation and hopefully they can point you in the right direction to get subsidies. Do you have health insurance?

>> No.8073791

>chronic migraines
>constant pain
>can't craft shit, day job suffers
>rebound headaches from otc meds
>merry-go-round of tapering on/off different rx's
>incoherent lazy burden on everyone around me
>please let me find effective treatment before next con
>please please something work, everyone is sick of my sickness

>> No.8073868

Feels about being directionless and unmotivated and scared
>graduated a year ago with no plan in life and a BS in ecology
>spent 6 months being a useless lout (volunteered with nature restoration and kids), then got a nice 6-month temp appointment with the plant department on campus
>appointment ends in a week
>I want to go into teaching (middle/high school science) but didn't take any education coursework
>applied for the community college but they only offer preschool-education classes
>honestly have no idea how to get a teaching degree
>the selfish side of me is like "would you even have time for cosplay anymore" because I'm just starting to get halfway good at it
>I'm so scared

>>8072835
Oh man, hope everything works out for you! Are you able to visit the restaurant's location and try to make a reservation on-site?

>> No.8073902

>mufish beret on my lolita dress.
>god does exist

>> No.8073967
File: 6 KB, 198x201, hjhjh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8072928
>gaijin bitch be coming for your clothes
thank you, anon, you made me laugh

>> No.8074000

>tfw pax thread DED even though it's tomorrow

Fuck anime.

>> No.8074037

>always thought my English was pretty much native-level
>recently, an American I've spoken to made a passing comment about how they won't correct someone even if they speak broken English
>get really nervous
>what if my English had been shit all those years and everyone was just too nice to tell me
>paranoid about sounding "off" to people
I've always been so confident in my knowledge of the English language, now I get nervous thinking whether I've used the correct tense or not.

Worse yet are the native speakers who tell people "you will NEVER sound native!"

>> No.8074046

>>8074037
It's offensive if we correct someone on their English usage.

>> No.8074061

>>8074046
Then how am I supposed to know if my English is bad?

>> No.8074077

>>8074061
Record yourself saying something and we'l tell you.

http://vocaroo.com/

>> No.8074080

>>8074061
Ask a friend you trust.
But honestly I don't notice my boyfriend has an accent because I got use to it. I only tease him when he really fucks up

>> No.8074081

>>8074077
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sWvISLJsGd

>> No.8074085

>>8074080
Oh no I don't mean having an accent, I mean grammar and stuff. Sentence structure and all that.

>> No.8074090
File: 212 KB, 372x543, 1388559021307.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8074081

>> No.8074089

>>8074081
This isn't me btw

>> No.8074094

>>8074037
>Worse yet are the native speakers who tell people "you will NEVER sound native!"
Fuck those assholes. You know two languages (or more), which is more than they'll ever learn. My middle-school self used to be embarrassed that my parents made grammatical errors when speaking, but now I appreciate more that they can speak four languages while I'm squeaking by with one and a half and wishing I'd paid more attention in Chinese school.

>> No.8074123

>>8074094
That's bullshit though, isn't it?
I know plenty of foreigners who sound very native, if I didn't know where they came from I'd probably assume they were born in the US.
I'm just asking because I'm not a native speaker myself, so I may be wrong.
I'm mostly insecure about tenses and grammar, as I've said before. So far everyone's been telling me I'm fluent, but I'm not really sure even natives know when to use a "correct" tense, they just go by gut feeling, same as I've been doing. After hearing that guy's comment though, I don't know what to believe. Maybe I had been living a lie.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it, maybe it's like when you're writing a story and the words and tenses all start looking wrong and everything stops making sense because you're looking into it too much.

>> No.8074136

>Tfw your English is shit and the other languages you learned are shit too.
>Tfw you were born in the USA

>> No.8074156

>tfw sick
>tfw can't enjoy these gummy fruit snacks

>> No.8074158

>>8074123
You're definitely overthinking it. Your English is flawless afaict, of course I don't know what your pronunciation is like so I can't help you there.
You should hear some of my college buddies, their English is atrocious.
>>8074136
iktf

>> No.8074183

>>8074158
I have a habit of either mispronouncing words or running them together when I talk, even after I hear the word.

People have claimed that my writing is shit, even my own former beta.

>Trying to learn Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
>Grammar is still shit (English) so it's like why bother
>Wants to make a novel in the future
>Wants to learn more languages because I have a passion for them and use it to earn more cosplay goods in the future

>> No.8074195

>All these fucking native English speakers can't grasp the easiest shit about the language

Seriously basic grammar is the only easy thing about learning English, the only thing that's constant, how is it so hard for someone who's known the language their whole life?

It reminds me of my retarded manager at work, she can't write a coherent sentence despite being able to speak perfectly. Like, just write down exactly what you'd say out loud.

>> No.8074204

>>8074195
>All these
Literally two people in this thread who mentioned being native speakers. And it isn't quite as easy as that, do you also tell dyslexics to "just read the letters, man"?
When you put your words on paper you inadvertently scrutinize them and things that sound normal to you out loud look off when written down. Have you never written anything?
When I write my college essays I subconsciously dissect every word until it all starts looking like Engrish, slowly losing my mind in the process. Normally you don't even notice it.

>> No.8074212

>>8074183
anon are you me ? So far I speak French, english (apparently fluently) and conversationnal japanese, I have some spanish notions but I can't speak it, only read it and I look forward to learn russian and maybe chinese. I'm a social sciences and popular culture geek, so speaking the language is my best bet if I want to understand a culture better.

>> No.8074223

>>8074212
Same here. I'm just worried that people will call me a weeaboo or a fedora/hipster/whatever so I keep some of those to myself.

>> No.8074227

>>8074183
> mispronouncing words or running them together when I talk
> tfw people keep asking I'm British because I try my best to enunciate everything
also
> tfw I can speak French without an accent but my grammar is shit
> tfw I speak my parent's language only as well as a preschooler
> tfw Jack of all trades but master of none

>> No.8074259

>>8074195
>How hard is it for someone to know the language they speak?

Ask Japanese and Chinese people the same thing. English has different dialects and in some cases, different meanings altogether, i.e. British English and American English.

>>8074227
Are you me anon? That's my problem now.

>> No.8074265

>>8074223
>Weeaboo for learning Japanese
>Actual Japanese not "Kawaii desu!" shit every single sentence.

Those people can go to hell.

>> No.8074268

>>8074223
You and me both, anon. I'm actually in japanese undergraduate so at least I have some legitimity. But you should go and learn as much as possible, it's handy if you like to travel and meet new persons !

>> No.8074271

>>8074227
French is hard anon, even for native-speaker. Practice makes perfect.
>tfw speaking two foreign languages
>tfw learning two more
>tfw not able to even pronounce a word in grandparent's native language and they won't teach me because "you need to assimilate anon".

>> No.8074272

>>8074259
This.
English is spoken across several continents, and while there's certain rules that everyone follows nobody really speaks it flawlessly, not even natives.
Brits get immensely butthurt about English (try saying 'soccer' or 'chipper' around a Brit), so much so that I began pointing out certain words and phrases they get wrong just to see them foam at the mouth.

Irl, everyone mixes different dialects, spelling, vocabulary, phrases and idioms and the differences aren't as great as people make them out to be (aside from the vocabulary, ie truck vs lorry).
My hometown is especially bad.
>She's after (going to town)
>overuse of himself, herself etc
>bate vs beat
>abuyt
>withuyt
>shore and sure are homonyms
Add onto that some American slang that people have picked up over time via the Internet/telly and you've got yourself a taste of linguistic hell.

>> No.8074280

>can't bring myself out of bed
>convention tomorrow
>don't even want to go, just want to be alone
>i know i'll enjoy it if i go, but it's so hard for me, and what if i don't enjoy it? It's super expensive
>want to spend more money on clothes, even though i have lots saved up, and am selling lots, still over thinking it and the money
>Taking a second year off school, feel like a huge failure to my parents
>just want to be an animator or a writer, as i have for my whole life, but i've never had any confidence
>Not good at anything, and when i get clothes, my anxiety gets in the way and i don't wear my new pieces because i feel like they're bad on me
>gaining and losing weight quickly because i overeat and then won't eat at all
>don't like my friends
>don't like my comm
>I've become more bitter than ever
>hate my job
>Keep holding off commission because as soon as i start drawing i get a panic attack
>Schizophrenia getting worse, voices getting worse, can't distract myself anymore
>Leaving lolita, sad because im giving up a piece of what i used to be, trying to buy more stuff like gyaru and fairy kei in attempts to find a new love
sorry, not all this is cgl related, but i wanted to get it out..

>> No.8074291

>>8074272
I personally don't care about your English (or anyone else's) as a native American as long as I can understand you. But people do get really butthurt if your English isn't perfect. I think that's why I lost motivation to write for a while. I would post a work without a beta (because my old one left me after cursing me out,) someone would point out a flaw and before I can go fix it the same person points out the same flaw without reading what the other person said in the first place, (or what I said about fixing it,) nor caring. I don't mind criticism though.

>> No.8074296

>>8074291
Oh that's just the internet though.

>> No.8074300

>>8074280
I hope things work out for you anon. You should really try to go to that convention.

>> No.8074301

>want to build up my wardrobe a little more and buy some nice stuff
>know what I want and have the money to spend
>too chickenshit to actually buy anything and end up missing out the sale every single time

>> No.8074316

>>8074296
Yeah I thought about finishing that one novel and seeing how people react. So far I'm getting positive results.

>It's sad when /cgl/ is better than some fandoms I've been in

>> No.8074324

>dad is diagnosed with cancer last year
>treatment was going fine, came to visit often, had a lovely Christmas
>three weeks later dad is in intensive care with cancer cells everywhere
>buy lots of lolita shit I'll probabkly never wear to make me forget, it doesn't work

>> No.8074350

>>8074324
Sorry to hear that anon. I wish I could offer more than my condolences.

>> No.8074519
File: 3 KB, 125x102, tmp_26151-1420759955374s799018543.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Have been eating better, controlling calories, and moderately exercising
>Lost 2cm waist and 4cm bust
>Bust is now under 100cm
*squeals*

>> No.8074541

>>8074519
Good job!

>> No.8074546

>>8072778
>so excited to receive Angel of Music from Haenuil
>wait for it since the end of November
>plan out your coord and make plans to twin next weekend at a con
>get package yesterday... wrong color.

PLOT TWIST

>contact Haenuli
>new dress is in the mail today, priority international shipped
>shipped before she even has old dress back
>should be here in time for con

All the feels ever in less than 24 hours, bro.

>> No.8074549

>>8074519
I'm working to get there too anon. Congratulations!!

>> No.8074559

>expecting burando
>doorbell rings
>peep off the balcony and see it's the delivery guy
>push the button to open the front door (I live in a flat)
>door opens right in front of him
>he turns around, puts a piece of paper in the mailbox and drives away
>tfw no burando
I don't get it. If he's going to be a lazy shit and not do his job why would he ring at all? If he hadn't I could have told myself that maybe I missed the doorbell while I was in the shower or something but now I KNOW he just went "lol fuck you" and didn't even try.
I just want my fucking package.

>> No.8074613
File: 441 KB, 500x279, a8bdb388b7e9edffed6cd2ba46c145ba.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>started up lolita again last year
>losing weight fast and feeling great, burando nearly in my grasp
>old flame gets in touch with me
>thought it would be harmless
>discover still have feelings for him and he does for me
>he's unfortunately in a happy relationship
>tfw getting depressed enough to not want to dress up
>tfw damn dreams come up with crazy reasons why he's still with her
>mfw I wake up with no face and want to hug all my dresses that are close to fitting to feel better

>> No.8074632

>>8074613
he just wants to have sex with you, cheating on his current chick

>> No.8074640

>>8074061
This. If no one corrects you, how will you learn? I grew up in International Schools and I would very kindly correct/help my friends with their English. They got better at English, as well as more confident. One friend helped me with my French, they would correct me and stuff, and I never got offended because obviously it helped me.

If you have a friend you trust, let them know that it is okay for them to correct/help you. Your English seems fine though.

>> No.8074641

>>8073868
No, it's hours away from me. Hopefully it'll turn out okay though.

>> No.8074657

>>8074559
People who deliver packages get paid by how many they deliver. As an example, let's say they get $10 every package they deliver. They get less for leaving a card, like $6. While actually delivering the package earns them more, they can potentially make more money in a day by quickly leaving the slips and going off to their next stop. That is why they will wait like, 10 sec for you to answer before carding you, IF they even bother (a lot of them notorious do not even ring or know).

This happened to me not long after I moved house, I was expecting something and they knocked on the door...The new place I am in has two door, but the very front will not open with a key (which is really annoying in these sorts of situations). I raced out, didn't have my key, and yelled, "just a min", got my key and opened it and he was gone. He left our gate wide open and when I looked out the gate he was already half way down the road (we live on a major road so he couldn't stop there). That means he wasn't even at the door when I yelled out to him. He literally knocked, and the bailed...And rudely left our gate open as well (which opens right out onto a foot path, as well as crosswalk lights). It's not this is uncommon, another time I heard a knock, jumped up, grab my keys, ran to the door yelling "Just a second", open it and he was already turning to leave and it took me all of 10-15secs.

In my old house I am pretty sure some days they didn't even knock, because I would be home all day, and then I or a housemate would find a card shoved into the grate of the screen door (and not put in the mailbox...), which means they never even knocked.

>> No.8074679

>>8074037
>friend is french speaker
>always apologizes for her english
>You know, friend, for as much as you say you suck at English, you're probably better than me!
>Friend gets upset and won't talk to me for the rest of the night
>Try to smooth it over and she yells at me, "What did you expect? I'm bilingual."

>> No.8074690

>>8074632
Listen to the trashtrip for once >>8074613, guys who string along women when in a relationship are fickle assholes. They know what they're doing could hurt you and their girlfriends but they shove that aside for their egos anyway (I mean their "feelings")

>> No.8074700

>>8074613
Anon I wasted all i had to give in my twenties to relationships like that. Block his number. No contact. There is someone for you. Just live your life as well as you can and keep looking. P.s. I was a chub aswell

>> No.8074724

>>8074679
Wtf? I don't get why she was offended. Is it because you said 'probably' when you were supposed to say just 'are'?
If she truly believes that she's native bilingual level and 100% perfect, her self depreciation sounds like fishing for complements.
Maybe it's a cultural thing?

>> No.8074728

>>8074613
Just nope the fuck away from him anon. If he is in a relationship I can assure you 2 out of the 3 people involved will get hurt, and he will not be one of them.

>> No.8074774

>be me last Saturday
>order Chinese food
>turns out they do this technique where they actually put air into the food
>feel like I'm gonna die/explode
>this lasts for hours
>burping doesn't help
>seems to swallow more air
>finally threw up like I was demon possessed
>binging disorder cured by PTSD

Now I can't feel stuffed without feeling very uncomfortable. This is so awesome!

>> No.8074791
File: 969 KB, 500x450, 6JZWT.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8074613
Anon, if the guy was truly into you he'd already have left his girlfriend. You can find someone else who won't make you feel like shit. Focus on yourself, keep up with your weight loss, you can do it! You deserve better than that.

>> No.8074798

>Sewing costume last weekend with Pandora on
>Pandora started playing Backstreet Boys
>Whatever, enjoy it
>Almost a full week later
>Backstreet Boys still in my head
Kill me. Kill me. Kill me.

>> No.8074804

>>8074798
on a related note
>Binetsu Kara Mystery is gonna be stuck in my head for weeks after this Nozomi event is over

At least it's better than that fucking Umi event song

>> No.8074811

> So I've bren single for three years.
> not for lack of trying
> have gone out in severalr dates met lots of guys
> they all want a different 'type' of relationship.
> am I doomed to never meet a man who will date me without sex as a requirement.

>> No.8074813

>>8074774
What the fuck, in what horrible place do that to food?

>> No.8074814

>>8074798
I CAN FEEL IT LIKE A GHOST

>> No.8074829

>>8074632
>>8074690
>>8074700
>>8074728
>>8074791
Can't believe I'm also thanking seig, but thanks and thanks anons. No worries, I'm working on moving on.
I let him go in the past because my brain was broken (from other reasons) and didn't want to drag him down with me. I'm glad he's found someone and I'm not going to do anything aside from keep moving forward, even with a broken heart.
Time for "gainz" to look cute.

>> No.8074941

>>8074811
define
>who will date me without sex as a requirement

>> No.8074943

>>8074324
That's really rough. I'm sorry.

>> No.8074946

>>8074350
>>8074943
Thanks guys or gals, it helps a little even from strangers.

>> No.8074948

>>8074811
Are you waiting for marriage or something?

Healthy romantic relationships generally include sex.

>> No.8074956

>tfw ED
>in recovery for over a year
>was weight restored
>miss a few snacks here and there
>no big deal, it's fine, etc.
>measure myself
>lost 2 inches off bust and 1 inch off waist
>ughhh

Trying to maintain weight is terrible

>> No.8074988
File: 309 KB, 649x900, 1421083543883.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw feeling super down about weight loss
>plateau +a touch of gain
>dig out too small bodyline clothes
>discover i can do the zip up on p-207 halfway whereas last time i couldnt even make it meet
>i can pull p-328 up to where my hip joints are instead of being wedged halfway down my thighs
>feeling motivated
>stay within calories for the day because of this
>im finally making it gulls
>im finally fucking making it

>> No.8075011

Anon from the previous thread who wanted to confess her feeling for a friend she met on /cgl/
>I didn't confess yet
>Suddenly, he started acting aloof and cold toward me
>Maybe he recognized me and doesn't feel the same and wants me to forget him...?
>Still huge crush on him, I want to confess and hold his hands and cuddle him and do all this romantic stuff. Spend the whole day imagining how cute we would be together.
>I can't stop crying. Nor overthinking.
W-why /cgl/. W-what s-should I do.

>> No.8075017

>>8074948
i was thinking asexual? you don't need sex for a romantic relationship at all tho

>> No.8075023

>>8072847
What is CoF? I see it mentioned everywhere.

>> No.8075028

>>8075017
It's extremely difficult to have a relationship with a partner who refuses to meet any of your sexual needs.

>> No.8075031

>>8075011
Confess. If he says no just get over it. Life happens and he wasn't the one. Better to do that than to be with a guy that falls out of love with you and you can't fix it.

>> No.8075032

>>8075023
Chamber of Feels. It's a Facebook group specifically for posting feel thread posts that aren't /cgl/-related.

>> No.8075033

>>8075023
For the millionth time it's Closet of Frills facebook group. There's even a thread dedicated to it

>> No.8075035

>>8075028
>asexual
2 asexual people can be in a relationship together, sometimes asexual people with non-ace people will date and either 1. the asexual person will be sexual with their partner bc they want to make them happy or w/e 2. the non-ace person will abstain or some couples agree on another outlet

romance and being close to someone > sex for me so it wouldn't be a big deal but i can see how it might put a strain on a relationship if the non-ace person was more sexual idk .

>> No.8075037

>>8075017
This.

The chances of finding someone asexual that fits your needs (whatever they are) is little to none.

>> No.8075055
File: 812 KB, 1280x720, mfw.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Landlord at my mother's house is a slimeball
>Mother gets bedbugs from nasty person next door in her apartment complex who never washed their sheets in over two years
>Mother has hoarding issues though so that doesn't help either
>High chance of having bedbugs in everything in her apartment even after throwing away a ton of shit
>She finally moves
>She doesn't want to throw away the clothes because "I want to wash and sell them for money!! It's a waste!"
>It's been over a year and she hasn't done any of those things
>I tell her I don't want the shit and burn it
>I honestly don't want it
>NopeNopeNope
>She ends up going to my house and giving me my clothes without my permission when I'm not there
>The only reason why she got in was because she had my key previously just in case something happen to her not to come and randomly drop off bedbug clothing that I can't find and I don't want anymore
>Now I got bedbugs
>I randomly see them off and on every blue moon
>They are not that bad but I STILL have them
>Mfw

I can't make my own cosplays for this reason and I'm afraid to buy cosplays because of this reason too.

>> No.8075061

>>8074948
Diff anon but I'm in a healthy romantic relationship and I don't enjoy the sex at all. It feels like a chore.
>inb4 "lol ur bf must hav tiny dick"
>I just have zero libido and no interest in the whole thing
Some people just prefer leaving their genitals alone.

>> No.8075064

>>8075055
Just reading your story made my skin itch. Did you call an exterminator or something?

> tfw had an ant infestation once
> I have ant-phobia
> extermination overkill inevitable

>> No.8075079

>>8075061
mmyep. same.
along with the fact that i can't orgasm and have never had one
just sort of makes the whole thing not worth it to me.

>> No.8075084

>>8075079
Maybe just maybe you have no libido because you haven't found what makes you orgasm.

>> No.8075085

I posted this at the tail end of the last thread so I don't know if they're still around.
But to >>8073285 I answered your question regarding talking to people.

>> No.8075092

>>8075079
I always liken the feeling of someone fiddling with my genitalia to someone (like the dentist) fiddling with my mouth. Yes, the area is sensitive, but that doesn't mean it feels good. It just feels weird and invasive and while it's not painful or anything I'd prefer it to stop.
I got lucky and found me a boyfriend with a very low sex drive so I only have to do it once every two to three weeks. I just put up with it because I do love the guy and finding someone as great as him who's completely asexual would be almost impossible. Definitely don't force yourself into a relationship with someone who has very different sexual needs than you! But it can help to see it as just one of those less than great things that come with a relationship, like caring for someone when they're all pukey or washing their dirty underwear. It's not what you got into the relationship for but you do it because you love them.
Sorry if none of this makes sense. I'm tired as shit.

>> No.8075096

>>8075092
that's a fine attitude to have. If you don't enjoy sex (though maybe you should experiment or see a doctor to see if there's a way to fix it) you at least compromise because it makes for a better relationship.

The original poster, >>8074811 said "no sex as a requirement" which seems to suggest that she's completely unwilling to compromise.

>> No.8075107

>>8075064
We did but besides spray some stuff they didn't do much. The problem is that bedbugs are next to impossible to get rid of unless you spend a lot of time and money. I never had bedbugs before this neither did my mother.

I don't get why she hoards bedbug infested clothing though. I told her to throw them out and instead she just dumps them on me to do it. I'm going 'WHY?'

>>8075079
>>8075084
>>8075092
You two figured out what makes you feel good in the first place sexually? I never had orgasms before either and my ex bf used to physically tear me to the point of infections and bleeding (he has a high sex drive) but I found out that if I push up like two inches into my vagina it feels really good so either he was too big or too stupid to bother (mind you he hated using lube and used to blame me.) Oh and I can have clitoris orgasms but it doesn't feel fulfilling.

Original poster though sounds like she shouldn't be in a relationship. I agree with >>8075096

>> No.8075108

>>8074085
If you do it a lot someone will correct you. Ive told friends to say "clothes" instead of "clotheses" or "its I will go to the store now" instead of "I go to store now" so I think eventually people will correct your grammar and such if you make the same mistakes often

>> No.8075130

>>8075108
Grammar tenses are harder to put down/correct and sentence structure.

Hell the above sentence looks wrong.

>> No.8075137

> lost two sizes since summer
> reached my goal but can't see any difference. I still look as fat as when I started dieting
> don't want to stop and am restricting more
> if I eat anything I haven't planned on eating I throw it up.

I should probably stop dieting before shit gets real.

>> No.8075139

>>8075137
Shit already got real anon. You need to see a doctor about that.

>Why do some fucking seagulls plan their own diet without consulting a doctor or their physician first?

>> No.8075152

>>8075137
you're n the early stages of an eating disorder.

>> No.8075156

>>8075137
> the same happened to me and I've still yet to get myself out of it

>> No.8075173
File: 15 KB, 261x261, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be interested in cosplay for years
>have depression and anxiety during school years
>never able to actually cosplay because of school and the above
>end up dropping out of school at the beginning of my last year: last year
>do homeschool to finish
>"more free time, maybe cosplay this year!"
>don't adjust well and lack discipline to do work
>depression round 2
>no cosplay last year

>become disciplined and start doing work this year, have to cram a years work into 4 months
>not impossible and goes well for a few weeks
>but I associate schoolwork with depression and anxiety like a trained dog
>so I fall behind
>round 3
maybe cosplay this year. maybe not.

>> No.8075180

>>8075137
> Why do some fucking seagulls plan their own diet without consulting a doctor or their physician first?
Tbh I wasn't a landwhale to begin with, I just wanted to loose some weight I had gained over the last couple of years. Getting back into my favourite shorts. But turns out shit wasn't enough. Now I look at myself with more despite then before I started dieting.

>>8075152
Suspected as much.. It's funny how you recognise the red flags but completely ignore them. Who the fuck wants to have an ED?

>>8075156
How are you doing now? Are you getting worse or have you found some sort of balance?

>> No.8075190

>>8075180
Hey anon, wandering fitizen here.
Building muscle will have a bigger effect on your appearance than dieting if you aren't overweight. (Note: this doesn't mean becoming she-hulk. Just toning and removing skinnyfat.)

>> No.8075195

>>8075180
Never said you was a landwhale I'm just tired of seagulls who think in this thread and previous feels threads "Herp Derp I can lose weight by myself!" No. You usually have to talk to a doctor or a physician before you start ANY diet because you don't know what will happen to your body, if you might end up with an eating disorder, if you're doing it wrong, you are allergic to something in certain drinks, etc.

>B-But some seagulls can't afford to go to a doctor

Talking to one doesn't cost money in many countries, especially if you are going to start a diet or any life style change. It depends on the country.

>If you can afford good internet you can take your ass to the doctor is what I tell some people. You don't need internet but you need your health.

>> No.8075244

>>8075137
You are probably proportionally similar, exercise may help

>> No.8075247

>>8075195
Bullshit. Doctors/nitritionists know about as much as a good book on the subject. Unless you have very specific dietary needs I'd say go as low as you can with enough fat intake to avoid gallstones, & take a skin/hair/nails vitamin supplement

>> No.8075294

>>8075195
That's why you don't go for craycray diets and instead just start making healthier choices. A physician doesn't need to see you to tell you to stop eating 3500kcal if you're only 5' 2" and not exercising, drinking soda, eating more vegetables or switch to lightly pan frying rather than deep frying.
The trouble is people jump on the diet train and do stupid shit like juicing for a month or going on vlcd shake diets or acquiring unhealthy eating attitudes and habits
The majority of doctors get taught shit all about nutrition and will refer people to dietitians/nutritionists instead

>> No.8075295

>>8075294
*and to tell you to stop drinking soda etc

>> No.8075327
File: 928 KB, 500x208, ihavenoideawhatiwant.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>torn about whether to do big Taobao haul and put it on card or not
>have a good amount to pay on it but no where near maxing it out
>my friend and grandma have paid me to get their stuff, of course if I didn't do the haul I'd give that money back
>but looking at 85 dollars in cart of a boatload of stuff kind of freaks me out even though I didn't even blink when I dropped 60 dollars on a pair of LuluLemon yoga pants
>My normalfag, jfash fag and cheap fag self is having a major clash inside
>a-atleast I don't have to buy most of my groceries this week since my mom's being nice and taking me to get it before going back to school

>> No.8075331

>>8075247
The point is most anons don't know how to read a good book or don't want to. They think that because a liquid diet worked on their friend that they should do the same thing since they got good results. It's a better idea to get a second opinion from someone qualified than do the shit on your own.

Seriously have you read the feels thread? With the girl who kept saying that she only ate a handful of grapes and a few other things every week or so? And she kept insisting that nothing was wrong with her?

I've seen people do a ton of diets so I know anon. Including the pepper and lemon water diet because 'I need to lose 9kg quickly.'

>> No.8075333

>>8073243
this

>> No.8075352
File: 47 KB, 590x572, feels-bad-man.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Saw people saying they haven't been in relationships for awhile...

>tfw I have never had a relationship (nearly 25yrs and going strong)
>tfw I haven't had sex in nearly 6 years
>tfw creepy fucks, neckbeards and weebs are only people who seem interested
>tfw I will die alone with 50 cats
>tfw no qt3.14 cosplay bf

Also
>went to uni, got BS
>can't find work after 2 years
>extremely depressed
>get help with psychologist, meds etc
>do a bit better
>decide to go back to uni full time
>stop taking meds (keep forgetting, stopped working)
>can't cope with stress and long travel time
>get really depressed/anxious
>struggle with uni
>miss a lot of classes
>gained back all the weight I had lost the previous year
>no idea if I even passed everything, can't check grades because my parents have 5gb and have been capped all month because teleco changed billing period and didn't reset the data

My life is going nowhere, I need to go back and get mental health care but have to wait until Feb before I can get a new mental health care plan because I can't actually afford to pay to see a psychologist.

>> No.8075377

>>8074811
What about seeking out people in asexual groups? Some asexual people have romantic relationships.

>> No.8075384

>>8075055
Change your locks, anon.

>> No.8075389

>>8075327
buy it. 85 is a lot short term, but if you saved to get this far, you might as well go through with it.

>> No.8075392

>>8075061
My primary partner and I don't have sex at all. Been together nearly six years, have a stable homelife and stuff is good. We are allowed to see other people for that.. and it's why we're still together. There are many different kinds of relationships out there.

>> No.8075418

>boyfriend talks about girls he used to fuck
Fuck you

>> No.8075460
File: 13 KB, 170x170, 1418601226979.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>women
>feels

>> No.8075463

>>8075418
please break up with him

>> No.8075478

>life's going well, in a good relationship, getting medical treatment for my mental illness
>meds start making things clearer, including repressed memories that caused my ptsd
>spend literally all of my money on lolita to try and block it out
>doesn't help since i spend most of my time crying in bed instead of leaving the house and wearing the clothes i wasted my money on

At least my cats like to cuddle with me when I'm crying.

>> No.8075489

>tfw no bf

>> No.8075535

>>8075180
I think it got better for a while, but it's still rocky. It's been about a year now. I'm trying to gradually restrict how much times I throw up a day. It's more fighting actual nausea at this point, since I feel sick when I don't throw up, but I really do want to stop the acid reflux.

>> No.8075545

>>8075331
The other anon up thread here, but I never tried anything radical to lose weight. I wasn't that fat to begin with, and to lose weight, I just exercised more. But then I became very impatient with the progress I was doing, and grew critical/disgusted at myself, and it all went downhill from there. It starts with an 'I'll try it just this once' and morphs into full fledged ED.

>> No.8075558
File: 216 KB, 500x377, 1422068765326.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>8 hour livestream
>that sleep deprivation
>all this feels in the stickies
>see you later space cowboy
>mfw

>> No.8075621

>>8075327
>buying yoga pants
>spending money on yoga pants
You deserve this pain

>> No.8075650

>Have to cancel meet because of weather
>Sick
>Gf isn't talking to me
I have nothing but cgl and food right now.

>> No.8075658
File: 613 KB, 500x282, why.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw 4chan is dying
>probably be gone soon
>seagulls will have to pack their bags and go back to tumblr
>goodbye to anonymous venting about tumblr bullshit, sjws, vendettas
>goodbye to brutal honesty and tearing apart shitty,ugly cosplays and cosplayers
>goodbye to busting the balls of whiny cunts who equate harsh, honest criticism to bullying
>goodbye to free speech on the Internet because lord knows you can't say whatever you want on other popular sites without pc cunts ripping you to shreds
>tfw 4chan retards being released frightened and alone into the wild
>tfw I'm afraid for the future of the Internet, being devoured by sjws slowly but surely

>> No.8075675

>>8074813
It was a poorly rated Chinese place in the ghetto. I ordered there because everything's stupid cheap. Not anymore I'm not..

>> No.8075688

>>8075658
Go to the other place anon.
The one where every spiders leg is a chan.

>> No.8075690

>>8075688
What's it called now

>> No.8075701

>>8075690
Can't say sorry.
2*4 maybe

>> No.8075708

>>8075658
>back to tumblr
i've never been to tumblr. most of us hadn't.

>>8075688
>>8075690
eitochan~

>> No.8075711

>>8075708
oh, i already go there. i wish it was more active.

>> No.8075713

>>8075711
it will be after 4chan is kill.

>> No.8075714

>>8075708
>most of us haven't

Well most material in cringe threads, bad threads, and horror threads are screencapped from tumblr, and I've learned a lot of tumblrs bullshit also discussed and screencapped from tumblr. A lot of seagulls moonlight over at tumblr and come here to share and vent.

>> No.8075715

>>8075714
i said hadn't, as in we didn't come from tumblr.

>> No.8075718

>>8075621
top kek.
thanks for the giggle, anon

>>8075389
Yeah, about 20 dollars of this order isn't mine and they paid for their stuff so I guess it wouldn't be that bad. I admit I'm still looking around but I'll probably finalize it after tomorrow.

>> No.8075724
File: 289 KB, 488x472, 1401319876268.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8075715
Okay then.

>> No.8075726

>>8073719
Are you Dutch?

>> No.8075747

>>8075558
Iktf

Didn't expect my heart to break this much

>> No.8075828

>>8074774

Dude, explain the air thing. Googling isn't helping.

>> No.8075833

>>8075828
i'm pretty sure all they're saying is that the chinese food they ate gave them really bad gas so

>> No.8075835

>>8075833

That's what I thought, but:

>turns out they do this technique where they actually put air into the food

Either there's some weird shit happening or anon doesn't into food.

>> No.8075844
File: 109 KB, 480x1084, 1421266209915.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gf is a lightweight
>gf is overly emotional
>haven't had a night out in weeks that hasn't ended in tears or a talk about our relationship
>we're at the turning point in our relationship where we're both looking at different educational and employment opportunities
>gets upset when I spend the night at bro's house

It would be fucking nice if I could get a spare second to think about all this without a (unintentional) guilt trip.

>> No.8075846

>>8075055
You know what they say. If you see 1 there are probably 1 thousand more.

Get some Diatomaceous Earth from Home Depot and spread it around corners of your house and holes in your wall.

>> No.8075852

>lot of things planned, I'm pretty happy
>day out with a friend, photoshoot, meet-up
>suddendly I'm sick
>caughting so much I feel like I'm gonna puke
>heavy headhache
>sore joints
>mfw I need to cancel everything
>mfw my head hurt so much I can't even catch up on my late sewing projects
>I'm just going to lie in pain for the next two days or so.

>> No.8075865

>>8075844
maybe you should try to figure shit out instead of getting pissy
or like, break up or something

>> No.8075868

>>8075844
As a grill who had a similar tough time before learning, your grill needs to get a fucking grip.

I think you need to have a heart to heart with her, because that shit isn't emotionally healthy for the both of you. This shit is a deep rooted trust issue from what it sounds like and you need to get it through her head that you can go out for a night and she can rest peacefully that you will come home to her.

>> No.8075926
File: 219 KB, 320x313, ermahged.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Today someone mistook my bodyline for burando.

>> No.8075976

>>8075352
>can't check grades because no internet
>can go on 4chan
Mate. I know you're scared of your grades, but that's okay. I did the same thing at uni. Once you have a little peek at them and see something solid, you'll be able to work with it much better. I know it's only a small part of all the stress you've got going on, but things get just that little bit easier to work out when you know the size of what you're dealing with. Takes a bit of courage to look, but I'm sure you've got that within you. Like a mongoose up against the wall if nothing else.
Good luck, anon. February can't come soon enough for either of us.

>> No.8075982

>>8075976
I can get on 4chan, but the page I need to view my grades on will not load no matter what. I'm probably going to just do part-time at uni when next semester starts in Feb.

>> No.8076045

>>8075982

Is it possible to go to the library to check your grades? I know it's hard, but having been in your position before, it's much better to get it off your chest than to let it hang there.

>> No.8076055
File: 27 KB, 500x640, 1408082336942.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw 50% customs fee
Buy from Closet Child they said. It will be cheap they said.

>> No.8076086

>>8073219
Are you me???!

Except I'm sticking to Taobao, because all the brand pieces I like enough to try and obtain are expensive unicorns. I overpaid for that one skirt I have as it is XD. It does look like you're an addict if you suddenly join the wider community and have to 'catch up' with everyone. Not just quantity wise, but I need to get my head around the new fabrics and styles that are 2008 and beyond lol

>> No.8076099

>TFW your fat ass will never fit into milky cross ever

>> No.8076104

Finally a bought a Lolita coat, also it's my dream coat. Even though it cost me the retail price.

>mfw finally I can wear lolita in winter
>mfw I actually wear lolita not often
> probably I will wear it just once a year.

>> No.8076134

>>8073868
Are you living alone or with parents? Because if you're living alone anyway, you could move to an area where the community college does offer middle/high school teaching courses. Bear in mind that I have no idea how to get a teaching degree outside of the UK though.

>> No.8076135

>>8073902
I saw that, I want it in way too many colours. Looking at black/gold, black/white, blue/gold and red/gold at the moment.

>> No.8076137

>>8074085
TBH the thing that usually makes me pick up on good non-native speakers is excessively good grammar. Where I'm from most native English speakers speak improper English a lot of the time, so if someone's using full sentences it can seem odd.

>> No.8076139

>>8074090
This image speaks to me on a level I'd never expected before.

>> No.8076142

>>8074272
Yeah, I live oop north and I've done primary school teaching and even the kids with native English can't use grammar for shit. Then kids with non-native English get twice as confused because not only don't they hear English at home, the English they hear from their peers (and some teachers and support assistants!) at school is also incorrect. When I was a kid I picked up a lot of proper English from the TV (this was before the BBC decided to include more diversity of accents to their programming, so all presenters spoke "BBC English"), but nowadays a lot of kids watch mainly American programming and pick up mispronounciations from that.

>> No.8076145

>>8074324
That's rough. I did the same thing when a friend attempted suicide. Doesn't help with the distractions, especially when I don't feel like going to any meets anyway.

>> No.8076148

>>8074956
I feel that, anon. It's been two years since my ED and I've not got back to a healthy weight. Can't get more help because I'm "stable" at my current BMI so they know I'm not gonna lose any more, but I can't seem to get into the healthy range.

>> No.8076152

>>8075463
Depends how much? Like if he's comparing you negatively to them, than sure, but I don't think talking about exes at all is grounds for dumping. Maybe my views are skewed because I have a narrow as fuck social circle where a bunch of friends have dated, though.

>> No.8076154

>>8075926
Today someone mistook my brand for Bodyline. I should have known the super-cheap deals on oldschool all-black Baby pieces on Japanese auction sites wouldn't be worth it long-term.

>> No.8076155

>>8076086
I thought I had a reasonably-sized wardrobe but now, even in a comm that only has meets once a month, I feel like it isn't enough.

>most brand outfits are too boring/non-print for meets
>don't want to wear Bodyline to meets because it's hard to make an original-looking outfit with
>don't own any of the coveted prints/tumblr fad items from the past couple of years
>slowly building stock of nice Taobao items but still feel like outfits are samey (mostly embroidered velvet items, in black/red/navy/green)
>everyone else wears brand prints

>> No.8076157

>>8076104
I bought a lolita coat just so I wouldn't have to wear OTT outfits in all their glory on trains. I know I'm going to get wear out of it, but most of it won't be in winter.

>> No.8076162

>>8076045
I'm at my parent's house which is a different state, so no lol.

>> No.8076204

>used to be a lone lolita, but in recent years a comm started in my area
>all ita weebs, mostly young
>loud and obnoxious
>avoid going to meets with them so I don't have to deal with their behaviour, but now scared of going out in lolita in case people associate me with them
>their asshattery is giving lolita a bad name and I really don't want people to think I'm like them

>> No.8076205

>>8076204
(giving lolita a bad name just in my area obviously, not everywhere)

>> No.8076216
File: 1.10 MB, 1079x1088, 1420242083548.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw 46cm shoulders

>> No.8076222

>>8075828
I heard it secondhand, but it was like their general chicken had tons of air in the pockets of breading. It wasn't gas, my bf started eating it too after I vomitted and felt like he swallowed tons of air within the first minutes. We just threw it out after that.

>> No.8076231

>>8076155
>embroidered velvet items, in black/red/navy/green
This relates to my feel, I guess. Lolita problems:
>tfw can't tell if an item is dark red or burgundy
>tfw can't tell if an item is royal blue or navy
>tfw can't tell whether an item's shade of brown is the same as items you already own

I bought two things recently, a bag and a skirt, that turned out way closer to crimson than I expected for wine items, and it's fucked up my colour matching since I only had dark wine/burgundy lolita items before. I like them too much to sell so I'm probably going to have to start adding wine items and accessories to my wardrobe as well. Thankfully the royal blue/navy thing has never fucked me over for an item larger than a pair of tights, but the colour matching of browns has messed up shoe purchases before.

>> No.8076249

>>8076231
>tfw trying to make coordinating easier by restricting my colour palette, but then fall in love with something in a colour that doesn't match any of my wardrobe

>> No.8076252

>>8076216
>tfw a fellow linebacker
How do you all take shoulder measurements, by the way? It seems like every reference has a different way to do it. Shoulder seam to shoulder seam on a well-fitted shirt? Along the curvature of the back or in a straight line?

>> No.8076263
File: 345 KB, 535x531, 5435735673567.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8076252
i get someone else to do it between the edges of the cuffs.
>pic related

>> No.8076265
File: 31 KB, 352x193, sorryimdeadA1R34.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Depression feels
>nothing is enjoyable anymore
>loss of appetite completely
>not motivated enough to go to the doctor
>ignores duties other than paying bills and going to work
>spends free time basically being apathetic in bed

>> No.8076359

>>8076263
Thank you anon, I'll try this.
>thin but awkwardly broad shoulders
>if I can't fit into MM because of this I'm gonna flip a shit

>> No.8076363
File: 553 KB, 500x329, tumblr_n73fls6XsV1r1wiv4o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>feel terrible about binge-buying a few lolita items when I should be spending money on sewing stuff instead
>look up what time my next exam is
>see that the exam is 2 days earlier than I was told
>I haven't gone to any of the lectures and didn't read any of the texts, so I need to learn the entire course in 3 days
>massive stress
>don't feel bad about buying the lolita items anymore

>> No.8076371

>>8076359
I'm in the same boat, anon. Short, thin, but really broad shouldered. If you're about the width of a clotheshanger I think you can just make it

>> No.8076380
File: 467 KB, 400x227, 65643738784.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8076371
>actually got up and measured myself with a coat hanger
>the same width

aw shit nigga

>> No.8076387

>>8076380
Congrats and good luck, anon! Be on the safe side and get that real measurement though, some of their dresses vary

>> No.8076391
File: 54 KB, 375x216, hobo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8074081
I didn't know Chiyos dad browsed cgl, explains a lot tho

>> No.8076420

>>8074613
Are you me?
Try and do what I'm doing; ignore him, don't initiate contact and make him suffer. He's being a dick to his current gf by contacting you, don't give him the satisfaction of blocking, just ignore and let him fade out.

If it helps, make lists of what you don't like about him and remember those things when feels flair up

>> No.8076442

>One of my friends is becoming unbearable to be around
> Hordes snakes (currently has 6 and plans to breed)
>Treats her "husband," like garbage
>can't talk to her without her making it about her fucking snakes
>Can't visit her without her trying to drape her snakes on me even though I ask her to keep them away from me

There's just too much to say about her and why I think she's terrible to be around. I just can't stand her and I just feel like being passive aggressive when interacting with her and when I'm around her I just want to punch her because I can't stand her treating her husband like he's a piece of shit and I just can't seem to get her to understand that I don't want anything to do with damn snakes!

>> No.8076520

>>8076154
Sucks!
I love old school pieces but cant fit into them so I will live vicariously through you...

>> No.8076738

>>8076442
Why are you still friends with this person?

>> No.8076745
File: 992 KB, 500x273, 1398909778701.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>button pops off mother's overpriced high street brand blouse as soon as she puts it on
>"Well what are you going to do? Anon be a dear and sew it back on"
>button loosens on my lolita brand coat after over two months of wear
>"WOW SUCH TERRIBLE QUALITY ANON YOU OVERPAID SO MUCH YOU SHOULD ASK FOR A REFUND"

>> No.8076747
File: 60 KB, 215x221, 54643548.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8076745
holy shit anon i fucking feel you

>> No.8076918

>>8076738
Because we've literally known each other since birth and because her husband is also my friend and if I went to hang with him, it would include her.

>> No.8076924

>>8076745
People do this to me all the time, it pisses me off.

(To add to the coat thing, I spent the equivalent of $270 on a formal wool coat before getting into lolita, and it's popped buttons like shit. It's got the kind that are only secured by one thing at the back, and even when I resewed them they kept coming off (I'm nowhere near too large for the coat) until I gave in and sewed on some uglier but sturdier 4-hole buttons.

>> No.8076928

MY BOYFRIEND CREATED A NEW SAVE FILE IN PIKMIN, HE'S BEING SO CARELESS WITH THEM AND LETTING THEM DIE, IT'S STRESSING ME OUT OH MY GOD STOP KILLING SHITTY LEAF BUGS AND GATHER YOUR PIKMIN TO THE ONION INSTEAD OF LETTING THEM DIE TO THE BULBORGS IN THE EVENING UGHHHH

>> No.8076936

>>8075658
>seagulls will have to pack their bags and go back to tumblr

Never realized how toxic tumblr was until I took a break from it for a while, I realized how much happier I was not having stroppy bitches ranting constantly about privilege shoved in my face.
I would rather not use social media at all than use tumblr, the userbase is way too awful for me to enjoy.

>> No.8076944

>>8076936
same here anon, it felt like a great relief and I'm still suspicious of everything even a little social justice related, which I never was until tumblr shoved social justice down my throat in such a way I don't trust anything having good intentions.

I hope soon I'll stop being stupidly suspicious about that stuff.

>> No.8076952
File: 162 KB, 632x896, 1419006296887.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>decide to find local lolita comm on fb
>they have one of those 'we wont accept your request unless you fill this out and send to an admin blahblah'
>ok
>fill out, send to one of the admins
>she never reads it
>eternally pending
Damn, I just wanted to be a little less shy and join a comm. Does it normally take this long? Any other lolita reated facebook group I've joined takes a day or two. Should I send the application to another admin or what?

>> No.8076968

>>8076944
I actually lost some great friendships thanks to the tumblr culture, my friends just became obsessed with SJW stuff, to the point where they constantly talk about it and I cannot enjoy their company because of it. I've tried talking to them about it and asking that we just not discuss it with each other because it was putting a strain on our friendship but it had become SO prominent in their identities it was impossible. They used to constantly bitch about white people, men, cishets, etc, and when you called them out on their faulty logic they would lose their fucking minds, they had become such a hivemind where everyone had to agree with each other, if you disagreed then everyone ganged up on you.
You couldn't even have fun anymore, everything was so serious and potentially offensive that I couldn't stand it anymore and slowly cut contact... it's so upsetting because we were so close and I miss them a lot but tumblr culture has totally taken over the people they used to be.

>> No.8076976

>>8076968
same anon, tumblr can be so destructive and change people in all the wrong ways it's horrible to see.
Nothing was worse then seeing someone you were friends with of previously just liked seeing on your dash turning full SJW within a short time span.

And don't even get me started on artists that got bullied off tumblr.

>> No.8076983

>>8076968
Am I the only person who doesn't really give a shit about any of this? Like, maybe it's because before tumblr all the people I knew who underwent this were casually racist, whereas after tumblr they were...overenthusiastic, but no more annoying than before. I'm not white though.

>> No.8076984

>>8076968
Sounds like they kind of outgrew you, though.

>> No.8076987

>>8076983

There are lots of people who don't care about this. Sorry to inform, you're not that special for holding that particular opinion.

>> No.8076989

>>8076987
Lol, I don't think I'm special, I meant only person in this thread not only person on the planet.

>> No.8076990

>>8076983
>Am I the only person who

if you need to use this phrase then no you're not.

>> No.8076995

>>8076989

Other people don't care so they don't post how much they don't care.

But you seem to care enough to share your insights on the topic, despite claiming to not care about it.

So again, no, you're not special, even in seagull land.

>> No.8077010

>>8076995
Yeah, I'm actually pretty wary of people like anon. I used to hang out with a group of 4chan peeps, some normalfags from school, and some artists from tumblr. While some of the artists could get extreme into SJW territory (and honestly, looking back they were kind of assholes to begin with or kind of stupid, so they either took advantage of a cause or just didn't get the shit they were saying) the friends from 4chan that would bitch about SJW the most, when it came to it, sort of believed "nothing bad happens to anyone but me" or bought into that edgy bullshit.

Redditors were the worst though, and protip to all the younger people on this board, you will run into them the most in college.

>> No.8077019

>>8077010

I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say.

So:
>SJW are either assholes who take advantage of people, or idiots who get taken advantage of
>4channers bitch about SJW a lot and wallow in self pity, which may or may not be related to SJW ranting
>redditors are the worst for some reason

I'll agree with you on the last one though. Redditors are the worst, because they generally think they're the smartest fuckers when in fact they're all just fuckers.

I'm just trying to clarify because it was honestly a little confusing to read.

>> No.8077022

>Finally get a job after being unemployed for a year.
> Can't start for 2 weeks while papers go through
> Required to do $200 first aid course, plus $80 to transfer papers
> Only supplied one free work shirt

I understand the need for the things, but its a bit of a bummer that my first pay check will go back into my emergency savings to recuperate the money I spent getting Certs and filing papers.

>> No.8077025
File: 980 KB, 450x253, cryevrytiem.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cleaning my room
>find poem from ex he wrote for me when i broke up with him (one time out of many)
>get sad reading it, remembering this quiet guy who used to write me poems and draw me things and make me cds and how talented he was
>miss him
>remember he's now dependent on heroin and alcohol and a cheater and a rapist

hm. i'm just sad. i feel like i miss a person who doesn't exist anymore, he's so different now. it's just really upsetting to see such a talented and gentle person turn into such a piece of shit. anyone else have similar experiences? sorry for not cgl related, i'm just bummed.

>> No.8077026

I've basically been a NEET for coming up on three years. Graduated from university in 2012, living off inheritance ever since, and it's running out. I've applied for work on and off sometimes more diligently than others, taken odd jobs, etc during that time, but I feel like I'm stuck in an endless loop and have no idea what to do with myself. I'll be applying to grad school almost just as something to do to not look like a complete failure anymore. I think about killing myself all the time.

I've just started getting into lolita, and it's one of the few things that makes me happy anymore, but now I can't afford to add to my beginner's wardrobe, which isn't a great feeling.

>> No.8077036

>>8077025
>he's now dependent on heroin and alcohol and a cheater and a rapist
Well, that went in an unexpected direction.

I've had similar but much milder experiences, I guess. People change over time, and it's easy to get nostalgic for the past version of someone even when their current iteration is as an asshole.

>> No.8077041

>>8077025
My high school sweetheart went from a really adorable geeky guy who encouraged me to come out of my shell and wrote me love songs and stuff to a cheating asshole who couldn't keep a job because he kept failing drug tests, injured himself in front of me in order to manipulate me to do what he wanted and sometimes even did things like pull my hair to make his point, and called me up months later after I'd moved on and started seeing someone else to leave me thirteen messages calling me a slut (again, after he'd cheated on me and rubbed in my face several times after we broke up how he was fucking so many busty chicks at parties).

I think he's cleaned up his act a bit, got married, can keep a retail job. He had a lot of potential, though, I really don't know what happened. It was hard for a while to accept that my first boyfriend turned into an abusive piece of shit, but all you can do is keep moving. I'm just happy I've learned to have some self-respect since then and hope I'll be better equipped to see it and leave much sooner if someone "nice" turns vile on me in the future.

Sorry that happened to you, anon.

>> No.8077047

>>8077026
It'll be okay, anon. Keep trying, and be serious about it. You hear those stories of people who are homeless and stuff for years and can finally turn their lives around. Don't give up.

>> No.8077060

>>8076976
Right? It's just not a good place. Certain parts of the userbase honestly acts like a cult imho.

>>8076984
Nah, they clung to it for different reasons. My closest friend in that circle was never like that, until she got her first boyfriend and she fucked up the relationship, as a coping mechanism she started the whole "all men are scum" thing straight after because she became pretty depressed about the whole situation. Which I get, it happens to some girls but most people outgrow it and let the phase pass. Well it never passed for her.
Similar scenarios for other friends. It became a thing where before we'd have freely discussed things like these topics no problem but then they just became overly hostile if you didn't agree with their viewpoint 100% (pretty much they just parroted shit from tumblr). It was just too much drama imho... I've checked in on them from time to time and they're still arguing the exact same shit over and over and over with each other looking to spark arguments.

>>8076983
I don't go on tumblr anymore so I don't think/care about it much.

>> No.8077079

> mfw parents are overprotective
> GOD ANON, WHY AREN'T YOU MORE INDEPENDENT
Like I love them and everything, but these near background checks on where I'm going and who I'm going with need to be toned down.

> Oh you're going to this lolita meet?
> SURPRISE WE'RE TAGGING ALONG BECAUSE THE MORE THE MERRIER RIGHT?
I didn't tell you where I was going so you could pop up and see if I'm doing something illicit, goddamn.

>> No.8077083

>>8077079

This is embarrassing if you're a goddamned adult. My parents are overprotective and they don't fucking tag along to shit I go to.

They just chase away decent guys because he holds my hands and sometimes puts his arm around my shoulder.

Yeah, I get that too. From friends as well. I get I need to be more independent but it's starting to get annoying as shit when I physically cannot.

>> No.8077091

>currently going towards my A-levels
>just now mustered up the motivation to start with a big project (also, my first real project)
>worried as fuck that I'll put too much time into it and fuck myself over
Of course, perfect fucking timing.

On the other hand
>gf is going to move here in the next year or so
>we'll finally be able to work on our cosplays together

I give it a meh out of meh.

>> No.8077106
File: 64 KB, 353x396, tfw_no_headbow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>place order for last minute things I need for a con from taobao
>buyer orders headbow in wrong colorway
>coloway I want is out of stock by the time I realize
>get refunded at least
>whatever, pick out completely different headbow
>takes forever to get to buying service
>go to submit package, still have some time before con
>"Error: DHL disallow imitation"
>go through order to see what it is
>its the fucking headbow
>know for a fact it's not a replica
>now have no idea what to do, don't have any other headbows that go with the the dress I was planning to wear

I just want my stupid bow already...p-please

>> No.8077111

>>8077083
Yeah, my parents do that but they'd never fucking follow me to an event. Just maybe ring me up a bunch of times while I was there.

>> No.8077116

>>8077106
Which shopping service was this?

>> No.8077122

>>8077116
Yoybuy

>> No.8077133

>>8077116
I'll bear that in mind.

>> No.8077180

>>8077133
For what it's worth, in the time since I posted, the Taobao gods (aka yoybuy live customer service) have answered my prayers. Their customer service is awesome. The rep took care of there problem and I was able to submit my order.

>> No.8077197
File: 84 KB, 420x487, 1418030404549.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Work at drugstore
>Pretty frequently this chubby girl with a cute face shows up
>I'm a big guy, so I'm not one to dislike a little meat on the bones
>She always comes in to buy gum or a piece of candy
>Cute voice, doesn't really make eye contact, but giggles and is pretty polite every single time
>Only eye contact she makes is to quickly look at me to smile when she leaves
>Can't tell if shy, or too disgusted to look at me
>Each purchase is typical 'hello, how are you, your total is... , have a nice day' talk
>Finally muster up the courage to talk to her a bit today
>She fumbles around and still doesn't really make eye contact except at the end to smile at me and tells me to have a nice day

I'm probably reaching here over a customer I see probably one or twice a week, but I keep thinking about her. She's pretty cute, but I'm just some big guy with not much going for him. I don't even know her name. I don't even know if she's dating somebody, she's always coming in alone even at night. I'm a shy guy myself, so starting conversations is pretty difficult for me. I'm guessing she lives close by, since she said she walks to the store.

I know it's stupid coming to a feels thread to say all of this, but today was a rough day in general and I can't stop thinking about her. I want to talk to her, but she barely says anything and I can't tell if she's just shy or doesn't want to waste her time. I feel like a little boy experiencing his first crush again.

>> No.8077204

>>8077197
As someone who does that, let me tell you that my thoughts when I do that can range from 'Oh my, he's cute!' to 'I'm really hungry and cold right now' to 'Oooook, this dude is weird'. It's not really an indicator of anything...

>> No.8077218

>>8077197
Either man up or let it go.
Everything else just wastes energy.

>> No.8077250

>>8077197
can you ask her about her purchases? like, "I've never tried this type of gum, is it good?" just something innocuous about her purchase. Comment something about how you noticed she's a regular, like "in again for your gum? Here you go, see you tomorrow!" Indirectly you're telling her you have noticed her. Gauge her reaction form these types of interactions before asking her out if you are worried about her response.

>> No.8077256

>>8077204
So she's probably a chubby chaser, hungry, cold, or thinks I'm weird. Very nice.

>>8077250
Thanks, anon. Next time I see her get some gum I'll say something. I've thought of commenting on the candy she gets, but didn't want to possibly offend her by going "Hey, I noticed how much you get that candy!".

>> No.8077271

>>8076442
Tell her you're sick of her motherfucking snakes

>> No.8077284

I helped a friend put together a panel a couple of years ago. I went all the way to his apartment around an hour away and we were going to present it together. He never told me when it was, I wasted my money to go to a con I wasn't planning on going to and I didn't even get to present it with me. Now he's brought it back and it's besn accepted at all the east coast cons and have I gotten a message to present it with him? Nope. Am I getting credit for helping him? Nope. Did I get a free badge for that con two years ago from him like he promised? Nope. Fuck you too man. And I can't unfriend him bc he's getting known in the con scene. Ugh.

>> No.8077293

>>8077284
Tell him how you feel, of he throws a hiss end your friendship.

>> No.8077306
File: 34 KB, 500x500, vbutton.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8076924
This reminds me, once my sister had this cute coat with buttons like this but they kept popping off. Even after she resewed them they came off multiple times. Then she finally noticed but the bottom part of the button shank was actually a raw edge and as she walked it would saw through the threads holding it on.

>> No.8077318

I've posted before about how my best friend like despises my other friend who I've grown really close to now. Well, there's a huge convention this friend is going to in a few months and I'm really set on going. But I know if I do go, my best friend will get angry; not only because of jealousy-- and that's an issue in itself. I can't do anything that doesn't involve her without her getting pissy. I went to Japan and she wouldn't even talk to me about it. I sent her a picture and she got angry. Like I understand how you may feel left out sometimes, but you're being a selfish little prick, fuck off m8
But if I go to this thing and meet this friend- and two other friends, who I've always wanted to meet irl- my best friend will shit all over me. Idk, I don't want her to hate me but going to this con with these people will make me so fucking happy.

>> No.8077320

>>8077318
If she's your best friend, she wouldn't be a fucking cunt about it. Go have fun with your friends, if she hates you for doing so, she isn't your friend

>> No.8077334

>>8077320
She isn't your best friend. She's an insecure leech who only cares about yourself. Sorry you've had this shitty person in your life for so long, but if she can't understand that you're both independent people and have your own lives she's clearly not a good person to have in your life anyway and you're better without her.

>> No.8077344

>be me a couple weeks ago
>first day off in forever
>decide to wash all my wigs
>did my usual wash and dry biz
>left them out to air-dry for like 48 hours occasionally changing the towel, patting them down and changing sides.
>restyle them and bag them.
>fast forward to yesterday
>make plans to meet with a friend in lolita
>take my wig out
>smells like mold
>they all smell like mold

I want to stab myself in the face. I'm so fucking mad. that shit was was dry.

>> No.8077395

>>8077079
Wow, my sympathies anon. My parents are as bad though they stop at the following bit. Barely.
Hang in there.

>> No.8077421 [DELETED] 
File: 98 KB, 450x463, samson_01_smirk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So sick of nerd girls who adopt this "I'm a bad bitch who can't be tamed~!" persona when the reality is they're just passive aggressive and oversensitive. There's this girl who is a mod in this cosplay/meetup group that I'm also a mod in, she's the owner's girlfriend so she thinks she gets a free pass to act like queen bitch to everyone.

>she makes a post on our page
>there is a minor typo
>group rules are that if someone spots a typo or a correction to be made that they can go ahead and take care of it
>I edit the typo
>she immediately messages the entire group to ask why people are editing her post
>I say "there was a typo, you can see it in the edit history"
>she gets hyper defensive and mad for some reason?
>"it wasn't that big of a typo, and I don't have autocorrect on my phone sorry not sorry"
>I say "its not a big deal! I just didn't want anyone to miss it, it was kind of a funny typo"
>she makes a passive-aggressive status on her personal facebook about being unappreciated or some shit
>someone else who mods the group calls her out on it
>"I'M NOT AFRAID TO SAY ANY OF THIS TO ANY OF YOUR FACES, I DO TOO MUCH FOR THIS GROUP TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS"
>mfw

>> No.8077443

>go on date with local cosplayer
>like casual date, no strings attached
>he talks straight for four hours
>about his cosplay (shit)
>about all the famous cosplayers he hangs out with
>about his hentai preferences
>about his extreme thirst for JNig
>about telling girls in high school that he'd kill himself to get them to date him
>about his weak-ass alcohol consumption

It would have been funny if it didn't last four hours. And later when I made it clear I wasn't interested in a second date, he literally flew off the handle at me.

>> No.8077619

>>8077443
..Are you in Melbourne?

>> No.8077623

>>8077443
>>8077619
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>> No.8077625

>fwb talks about coming over the day before
>now she doesn't know if she's going to or not

I don't know whether I should fap or not.

>> No.8077626

>Great aunt on my dad's side was diagnosed with breast cancer
>Fourth person on that side of the family to have it
My dad's getting tested soon to see if he's a carrier, but I'm still worried for both myself and my relatives. I wonder how stupid it would be to pull an Angelina Jolie and get a mastectomy + implants.
And keeping it /cgl/ related:
>bought fabric for a super ambitious cosplay
>gonna try and get it done by my next con
>super nervous and excited about it
>not telling any of my friends about it in case it blows up in my face

>> No.8077627

>>8077623
Can you like not think about memes for one second of your life?

>> No.8077646

>>8077627
Were you the faggot shouting Melbourne or the bitch complaining about a date she could have left at any point during the 4 hours of the date?

Because while I can decide to not post MAY MAYS its not like you can suddenly decide to think critically.

>> No.8077654

>>8077443
>>about his hentai preferences
>>about his extreme thirst for JNig
Amazing. Was he into some weird shit, too?

>> No.8077662

>>8077443
Name and shame

>> No.8077667

>>8077626
>Great aunt on my dad's side was diagnosed with breast cancer
>Fourth person on that side of the family to have it
These fucking feels. Not specifically breast cancer (only been one case of that afaik), but two of my cousins on my dad's side and my paternal grandmother all died of various forms of cancer, and my aunt had breast cancer but survived. Some fucking stellar genes I got there.

>> No.8077668

>buy first console
>buy first brand
>doing great in school
>super happy and life is great
>everybody I love starts dying
>dog has breast cancer

why does this happen? I'm a good person ;_;

>> No.8077671

>>8077667
Oh, and my maternal grandfather also has cancer. Just so I have all my bases covered, I guess. I should definitely never have children.

>> No.8077674

>>8077668
Its because you're a dirty casual.

>> No.8077683

>>8077674
now u listen here

>> No.8077706

>>8076055
>Tenso
>Adjust price to avoid customs
>Cross fingers so they don't open it

>> No.8077712

>>8077646
Just trying to give the guy a chance, anon. Some people loosen up after a while and are actually pretty chill. Four hours was my limit, though. In hindsight I should have left way sooner.
>>8077654
Nothing too crazy, just weird. Mostly underage/loli stuff, which made his thirst for JNig real confusing for me. Maybe it's just the e-fame.

>> No.8077714

>aunt had cancer for a year
>really aggressive, she died last month
>felt really guilty about buying things and doing fun things while she was sick
>bawled every time I shopped for christmas presents for people but I couldn't be a piece of shit and not get anyone anything
>but I feel better now
>feel shitty about feeling better
>don't know when it's appropriate to let myself be happy
>keep blowing off cons and meets because I feel like shit and shouldn't be having fun when my mom's twin sister is dead
>went to one meet and had so much fun but felt like shit when I got home
>what if my mom gets cancer? She's been my rock in a decade and a half of living with depression

>> No.8077728

>>8077668
clomid/clomiphene etc and others can easily be bought online.. they're selective estrogen receptor modulators and inhibit estrogen binding in breast tissue which can help a lot with breast cancer, if you're interested in medicating your dog once a day (it's oral medication).

>> No.8077763

>>8072778
I hope people can understand it or be bothered to read it.
>have friend
>friend's cousin is bf with another friend, well call him cuz1. and friend1 will be the gf of cuz1. The friend that is cousins with the cousins is friend 2.
>friend1 is too nice, and her bf is putting her down constantly and when theyre about to break up goes to her house everyday to "remind them of the good times"
>everyone is too nice to say anything
>friend2 has a wedding for her sister, and friend 1, 2, 3, 4(another friend) attend. Friend2 has cousins that want to get together with friend 3. Friend 3 has stated multiple times she does not want to get with the cousins, as friend1 advises her not to.
>friend 3 says she does not want to be seated with the cousins, but she is seated with them
>the cousins keep trying to get her drunk
>friend 2 comes over and asks friend 1 if her cousins are talking to friend 3, even though friend 3 explicitly said to her she doesn't want to be with her cousins
>another cousin of hers says friend2 said that he could drive friend 3 home
>friend 4 says no, I'm driving her home
>when friend 4 drives them home she also has to drive one of her cousins(hereby refered to as cuz2) that likes friend 3.
>cuz2 felt friend 3 up
>friend 3 was not comfortable and told friend 1 and 4 after, and friend 1 tells her bf who is cuz1 about it.
>cuz1 blows up at friend 1 and calls her a liar and a "retarded cunt"
>friend one stands by friend 3's claim, so cuz1 gets angry and asks for her number, friend1 will not give it to him.
>he asks for her address and says he's bringing his other cousins if friend3's brother answers the door, "shit will go down"
>friend1 still stands by friend3, and he angrily "dumps her"
>as friend1 is way out of cuz1's league he comes crawling back to ask friend1 for friend3's contact details so he can ask her
>friend1 doesn't give
>friend1 blocks cuz1's number but he puts his number on private and calls her
1/?

>> No.8077770

>>8077763
>cuz1 starts coming over to her house a lot again
>all friends are telling friend1 to break up
>friend1 says "they're not officially broken up yet"
>friend1 accepts dinners with him still....
>they eventually get back together
>at this point every person in our group except for friend2 is disgusted with cuz1, as friend2 is cousins with cuz1.
>cuz1 "apologizes" to friend 3 and 4
>friend 3 is way too nice and APOLOGIZES to the cuz1
>cuz1 is still defending him saying hes like a puppy and etc. a thirty year old puppy
>friend4 ain't having that shit and told him off
>he never replied after, just said sorry and fucked off
>friend 4, and and others are appalled
>I've had enough and blow up at friend 2 cause she's such an airhead and didnt even bother to listen to friend 3 who is too nice to say anything.
>i ask her why she asked if her cousins were having fun with friend3 and she replies "what? I didn't do that, stop making assumptions"then ask her why she thought she was in any position to allow her sleezy cousins to drive friend 3 home. Same reply "wat i dint do nuttin"
>then the killer reply "you weren't even there"
>Yeah,I couldn't say anything.
>shes a family>friends kind of person
>I tell her allllllll about what we were talking about her, that she never attends group outings, and she said"ofc i have exams I need to study"
>she has been not attending for much longer than just exam periods but focuses on that time hilarious.
>calls me a "drama starter" lol
>then she has the nerve to say its all in the past, its already fixed
>I ask why did you continue talking back if its already fixed?
>etc etc
>friend 3 tries to tell friend 2 what happened
>friend 2 says "im dissappointed you didn't tell me sooner"
>why would you say that to the victim?
>then friend 2 has the nerve to ask friend 3 why friend 3 didn't defend her when friend 2 and I were going at each other
2/3

>> No.8077772

>>8077770
Now friend2 she hates me lmao. I feel so frustrated at my friends who are too nice to defend themselves(friend 3 and 1).

Friend1 is still with cuz1, disgusting.

Actually I always thought friend 2 was a kind of just there and not really a friend.

>> No.8077810

i fell down the stairs and i now have a perfectly straight bruise across my arse
:(

>> No.8077833

I'll try to make it short but I have no one I can vent to. I have cut out a fuck ton of details...
>today, come to the sad realization that being around my husband sends my anxiety sky high, maybe even anxiety attack levels
>I don't hate him, I'm not abused, I still love him, but my brain has decided he's on par with my abusive fucking whore of a "mother"
>not sure if this is due to my medical issues fucking with my head/emotions or if there's something else or these are deep dark secrets that are finally unearthed
>either way, I'm scared

>side note: last Friday, go to docs, get MRI, shows signs of brain damage (spots on my grey matter - I'm only going by what they told me)
>nobody has a fucking clue what's wrong with me - could be begining stages of MS, could be seizures, could be from a stroke
>fast forward
>be at work today, read ticket about 12 times to make sure I have all my items, miss in bold print at the top of an order "can of soda"
>makes me scared the brain damage is worse than I thought
>get accused of being drunk; I finally tell people at work what's been going on and about my MRI
>nobody believes me
>retard/"I'm so stupid" jokes the whole night
>they don't think someone with brain damage can work; pretty much basing their knowledge on Scrubs and Chicago Hope
>FML right now

>> No.8077862

>>8076157
I think that anon meant go to your public library. They have computers you can use.

>> No.8077865

>>8077306
You know that actually might have been what was wrong with mine, holy shit. I only stopped sewing them back on when two fell off and ended up falling down cracks in the pavement and I figured if I had to buy new buttons, I might as well buy sturdy ones.

>> No.8077867

>tfw stuck my dick in crazy out of curiosity at a /cgl/ con meetup and regret it deeply every day

>> No.8077869

>>8077443
>about telling girls in high school that he'd kill himself to get them to date him
What an asshole.

>> No.8077870
File: 1.43 MB, 325x208, Nice try.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>actually take opportunity to hang out and eat with friends for once
>scrub up, put on decent outfit, feel generally better about myself than I have for a while
>talking with friends, mixed group of girls and guys
>makeup discussion with a couple of the girls
>one of the guys cuts in
>"you look much prettier without makeup you know"
>ofw

I get that a lot of guys think it's a compliment but fucking hell, it's really not. It's just one of the most irritating things to hear.

>> No.8077886

>doing rounds of visiting for relatives I couldn't get to over Christmas because snow
>not enough time on the weekend to go to both because people have to work on Sunday so we split up
>mum and 16-yo younger sister go to visit one set of grandparents and aunt and uncle
>me, dad and 13-yo little brother go to visit other grandma and her husband
>when we get home my mum tells me she told her sister about lolita and showed her a picture of me in it
>bit miffed because she only has one head-and-shoulders photo of me in lolita and I look awful in it, but okay because my aunt is an ex-goth so she doesn't mind that sort of thing
>speak to sister later
>"oh it was so embarrassing anon she told literally her ENTIRE FAMILY about lolita and I had to help use Google images to explain it because when mum googled it she didn't put lolita fashion or gothic lolita, just lolita, and came up with porn"
>"and then they were getting confused and thought it was some weird local thing because although they believed it was a legit alternative fashion, they'd never seen anyone dressed like that in their city" (ironic since I know for a fact there's a meet there this month)

It's really not that bad, it's just weird to know all my elderly relatives will now be gossiping among each other (as they tend to do) about my weird fashion choices.

>> No.8077889

>>8077870
It's on par with "you look much prettier without [item of clothing] on"
Like...I don't wear them for you, fuckwit.

>> No.8077890

> find some cute tights on LM
> I never buy pattern tights since they always look to busy
> these ones look nice.
> don't expect to win since person before placed a horribel bid (LM never tells you the exact amount) so I had to guess buy bidding twice.
> 4 days go by and no other bids.
> timer runs out midnight my time.
>checked at 10 no bids placed.
>feel good.
>wake up expecting an email about payment.
>You were out bid.
>fuck.
>sniper bid last night just after I went to bed.
> bid now closed.

I never at first expected to get them but I got my hopes up so high when I saw no one bidding for so long. Feels bad being sniper bid..

>> No.8077892

>>8077889
Yeah, if they wanna make that point so badly the non-dickwad way to do it is just to say that you look cute, without specifying why, on occasions when you're not wearing it.

>> No.8077899

>>8077870
Guys tend to be so clueless about makeup. When I go out with natural makeup (bb cream, concealer, eyeliner, mascara, blush, brow filler, tinted chapstick) I get told I look soooo much better than "when [I] have makeup on" but when I go out completely barefaced these same people tell me I look ill. Unless they're a successful drag queen I disregard anything anyone with a dick has to say about makeup.

>> No.8077900

>have old friend who has never been keen on lolita and always ignores conversations about it
>suddenly starts engaging when I mention it, asks reasonable questions and shit
>think he's finally got over his "fashion is vain and expensive phase"
>turns out it's actually because he's thinking of getting into cosplay and wanted an excuse to talk about that
>looking at cosplay stuff online has finally made him realise that quality outfits and materials invariably cost money
>also realises that lolita can be classed as a hobby and it's hypocritical to spend stupid amounts of money on anime figurines but then say lolita is too expensive
>not sure if progress towards maturity or he just wanted to talk about his cosplay all along

>> No.8077901

>>8077889
And it's not like most of them even have an idea how makeup works. The ones who do would probably just compliment the effort.

>> No.8077904

>>8077900
Sounds like progress! In a self-centered way, but still.

>> No.8077907

>>8077899
Best bit is when you tell them you have makeup on. And then they have no idea what to say. What most guys who say that actually want is someone who looks amazingly flawless without having to put makeup on (i.e. an ideal) so they can have the 'hot gf' who's 'low maintenance' because clearly, caring about your looks is 'high maintenance' - but if you aren't naturally a 10/10 and gorgeous, you really 'need to take care of yourself'. But without trying too much. And definitely not with makeup.

>> No.8077908

>>8077899
Yeah, guys are fucking stupid about this kind of thing. Some learn gradually through exposure to girls around them talking about it/retouching it in front of them, but some have no clue. In high school I remember three boys discussing how much they liked a girl in our year because she was "naturally pretty" and "didn't wear make-up"
>mfw she was the only girl in the year to wear full-face make-up every day
>apparently boys literally cannot tell if highlight and contouring, foundation, brow filling and whatever else is going on if it's in natural colours, even if it's worn heavily
>other friend wears black winged eyeliner to school but no other make-up
> boys always complain that she wears "too much make-up"

>> No.8077911

>>8075107
That sound absolutely horrible anon, so glad it's an ex.

>> No.8077912

>>8077899
Sometimes guy's bafflement at make-up is kind of sweet. When I was out on a date with an old bf a few years ago, we passed a mirror and I noticed I had loads of fall-out under my eyes and on my cheeks. I was into brighter colours at the time so it was really noticeable.
>"Why didn't you tell me I had fallout from my eyeshadow?"
>"What's fallout?"
>explain
>"Oh, I thought that was on purpose. I thought it looked cool. Fallout is such a cool word for a make-up thing."
>when your bf is so used to you doing weird fashion shit that he doesn't notice when something has genuinely gone wrong: success

>> No.8077926

>>807674 Yeah buttons suck balls. Just had to sew on 10 different buttons for different blouses/work shirts/dresses. If I never have to sew another button it will be too soon. The one hole buttons are the worst. Unfortunately brand buttons don't seem to want to stay.

>> No.8077934

>>8077833
Anon I'm so sorry, what assholes. I would think that if your husband is making you anxious there are issues there that maybe you might not be aware of yet especially if your mother is abusive maybe there are things he does that may not be abusive but are a trigger for things that your mother does that leads to abuse. I'm sorry anon, I know I'm a completely unrelated person on the net but I feel for you.

>> No.8077937

>>8077912
That's really cute. :)

>> No.8077978

>>8077908
That's the most annoying thing in the world, one of my friends would constantly go on about how much he liked "natural girls" and the ones he'd point out were fake tanned, bleached blonde, heavily made up girls with extensions and he'd tell me off for wearing black eyeliner even though that's all I wore. "Heavy makeup" is so unflattering though, apparently!

>> No.8078005

>>8077867
deets

>> No.8078044

>>8078005
Nothing super exciting, just hit it off at the bar everyone went to afterward and fucked but I'll go into detail after that happened.

Little did I know she would follow me and my friends the next day, was a little annoying but also fun at some points. Thought she may have been pretty cool despite odd behaviour, since it's an anime convention and all. It was my first in about 4 years, so I knew how people acted at them. We exchanged info, but after the con she would constantly text/msg me. Like, over a dozen times a day(most days) about stupid shit or how she's still single. I asked her to chill on the texting and fb message spam, but that didn't work. So I asked her to lunch when I had a free day, since at that point I figured something else had to be going on, like a friend from my con group fucking with me or something and she was in on it. I mean, if she REALLY wasn't getting it through text, maybe she would understand in person, and if it was something else I might be able to tell.

Basically it turned out to be a bad idea. She didn't think she was doing anything wrong, so after lunch I blocked her from everything. I asked everyone I know that knows her, and they swear they aren't fucking with me. Shes been making new accounts since then, asking me why I blocked her etc etc, messaging my friends, and even messaged my brothers and my mom. Its been getting less frequent the last couple weeks though, but its been about 5 months or so.

>> No.8078046

>>8074324
Are you me?? I went through the same thing almost exactly a year ago. Don't let this habit continue... When my dad passed away from his cancer I stole my moms credit card and blew a couple hundred on things I didn't even want or need just to feel that excitement of waiting for something to come and opening the box. It didn't work, I just felt like shit after for spending my moms money.
I found what actually helped was to go for walks by myself and listen to music, or go out with some friends. The walking left me time to think about everything that happened, while being with friends actually distracted me from it. Cherish the time you have with your dad, I'm really sorry that this is happening to you.

>> No.8078047

>>8072778
noo tread

>>8078042
>>8078042
>>8078042
>>8078042
>>8078042

>> No.8078066

>>8075023
Cradle of Filth. It's a British Metal band.

>> No.8078430

>>8078044
see >>8078428

>> No.8079966

>>8075023
>CoF
Citadel of Flame it's an area of high volcanic activity, it is the primary base of the Flame Legion and throne to Gaheron Baelfire, Imperator of the Flame Legion.