[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 58 KB, 246x308, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8067054 No.8067054 [Reply] [Original]

Old one has reached the limit.

I finally have a cgl related feel!
>replicas banned from LSE, Lacemarket, and egl_sales
>everyone on the Plus Size page wants it for $20 shipped, which barely covers PP fees and shippig costs
>Great. Now how am I gonna get rid of this SC nightmare?
>Fast forward a few days and I place a fuckton of items for sale in my local sales page
>forgot I had the replica in the pics
>ah fuck it
>get a message from a buyer with a huge list of items
>dress was one of them
>MFW I sell it for what I paid to some local normalfag

I don't think the girl knows about lolita, but thank sweet baby Jesus 6 pounds 5 ounces in a manger, IT'S OUT OF MY HOUSE.

And why not a happy pic for a feels thread?

>> No.8067067

>>8063253
Old thread, cause I'm a dumbass.

>> No.8067080

>>8067054
>I finally have a cgl related feel
>nobody cares

>> No.8067083

>>8067080
If you wanna be that cynical, does anyone care about any of the feels?

>> No.8067089

>>8067083
i care for all of your feels, every individual feel, with a fiery passion.... as if they were my own. your feels fuel me. feel on

>> No.8067147

>met bodyline chan on a bus
>said she doesnt use facebook and only really uses tumblr? and livejournal
>said she wasnt sure about attending meets because she was older.
> i worded things poorly and may have offended her. I think about it daily

If your reading halloween bodyline chan i ment to say majority of our members are over 21 quite a few regulars are over 24. the "relatively older" thing probably came out wrong

>> No.8067176

>google "how do i know if im an alcoholic"
>fuck capitalization for Google searches
>one of the auto complete results is "how do I know if I'm an alpha male"
>chortle and think of 4chan
Today has been a bad day.

>> No.8067191

>>8066766
Wait, Ameriguns don't have passports?
Whaaaaaaaat, I didn't know that.

>> No.8067201

>>8067191
Any American who wants to travel out of the country is gonna need one, so I feel like most do. They're not too hard to get.

>> No.8067214

>>8067176
Do you drink everyday?
Do you feel you need a drink to wind down?
Do you drink with the purpose of getting dunk?
any of those 3 are pretty good questions, but honestly if you went to google search it you probably do have a problem anon.

>> No.8067239

>>8067191
poorfags and those who dont live on mexican or canadian border dont. If they compain about cosplay/lolita costs they probably wont dish out the $110 or so for a passport.

>> No.8067240

>>8067214
I drink most days, but I've been cutting back for the past week because it makes me feel guilty (apparently guilt is a common sign of alcoholism). I usually drink shots because I want the alcohol to get into my system as fast as possible, with my favorite being based 151 because of how strong it is (that gets a little diluted with a mixer because I don't want to lose my voice). I just don't want to be sober. I just don't want to feel or think anymore. The other day I was drinking some OJ in the morning and my husband actually came over and sniffed it and asked what it was. I think I probably have a problem, but it just can't seem to translate emotionally for me. I don't even know if I really want to stop. I want people to notice that something is wrong, but I also want to hide it. I feel like all of my actions are a contradiction and I just can't figure out what I really want. All I really know is that I don't actually want to stop more than I think I should stop.

>> No.8067260

>>8067054
>mfw i still have an old magnet of the exact same pic op used

>> No.8067276

I think you are self-medicating with alcohol. I'm familiar with that. Are you on antidepressants? Can you get some?

>> No.8067302
File: 181 KB, 530x799, DSC_0326[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Make new friend at convention, yay!
>She's really sweet and I like hanging out with her
>She mentions she likes lolita
>OK that's cool, don't think too much about it
>Keeps talking about lolita
>Yeah, you should totally do it, I'll help you
>Drops her plans for a coord
>Black handmade jsk with neon accessories
>oh.jpg
>Well hopefully she'll forget these plans, she's been talking about lolita for awhile and has never taken the plunge
>messages me Saturday
>"I need to plan this coord soon for _event_!"
>fuuuuuuck
I always read these stories, and I never thought it would happen to me. She's also plus sized and I know fuck all about plus sized recommendations :( I'm willing to look into it though to figure out how to steer her away from a bad decision.
Incidentally, another girl recently dropped some horrible first coord plan in conversation, but I'm not her first lolita contact/mentor so I am just going to let that one slide. What is it with new lolitas running off and doing themed coords based off of terrible ideas? I guess they think no one has done Homestuck/duck/Gurren Lagann/chipmunk themed coords simply because no one else but them has thought of it, and not because it's actually a terrible idea? Why do all the itas think these theme coords are a thing?
The worst theme I wanted to do as a newbie lolita was "steampunk" and that's actually kind of a theme albeit a shitty one, so any insight into this mentality is seriously appreciated.

>> No.8067310

>>8067240
>I don't even know if I really want to stop.

Then prepare to be a bitter fag hag at 50 and wondering what the fuck happened when you beg for change/hustle just to get a drink.

I live with a family of alcoholics and all of them that abuse the shit or drugs ended up fucked up, lonely, bitter bitches (or assholes) and in one case ended up with an incurable STD because he had sex with the wrong prostitute when he was drunk.

Your husband is a fucking saint to deal with your drunk ass and you coming here to bitch instead of working through your problems like a normal person.

>> No.8067319

>>8067310
whoa projection

also they know they have a problem, they don't need you jumping down their throat, lets all just chill

>> No.8067329

>>8067191
There's no need for one unless you plan on leaving the states, why bother?

>> No.8067344

>>8067319
Nah, it's okay. They're right, minus my husband being a saint. He is by and large the main reason I drink. We may be getting divorced soon because I can't stand the way he talks to me and our kids. At least I keep my self-destructive behavior in my room after the kids are asleep or if he's at home and able to take care of them so they don't have to see, unlike his constantly angry ass yelling at everybody all the time. I'm the one with a job right now and supporting our family even though I have a chronic, long-term, and incurable illness, while he's unemployed again.

>> No.8067351

>Meet with 3 "new" lolitas at the movies.
>Get along just fine with 2 of them.
>3rd one is quiet but nice enough.
>Movie ends, we talk, and I suggest that maybe we walk through the mall or get something to eat.
>2 great lolitas have to catch a ride, but they add me on Facebook shortly afterward and now we talk fairly often.
>3rd chick says she doesn't have anything going on and would definitely hang out when the 2 others are here, but as soon as they leave, says, "I'm going to go now!"
>Ask if she wants to be fb friends.
>"Uuuum, I don't really use fb..."
>Later my feed shows that she friended only 1 of the other girls.

Wtf? I get that maybe she just didn't like me or that other girl, but why be so blatantly obvious about it? I'm friends with most of our comm with no issues, but then some random newbie decides we're not worthy? I don't get it.

>> No.8067359

>>8067344
Dude, yeah, get away from him. If you don't have alcoholism now, you will have it if you drag this out any longer. It takes some people a long time to get hooked, but you will very likely get hooked if you keep drinking this much this regularly. And seriously, alcoholism is the worst. If I could do anything to get out of it I would, short of doing other drugs because that's just a different problem lol.
But yeah, your husband is a fucking loser. Anything that drives you to drink that much is horrible, plus he's an asshole and unemployed? Why are you with him still? And he's an asshole to your kids so you're passively subjecting them to this shit. DTMFA

>> No.8067361

>>8067344
I hate to sound mean/harsh but you need to give him an ultimatum. Tell him to either man up and help you/support you like a good husband would or dump his ass and go on child support. I misread him because I don't know you personally but he sounds like a loser.

Sorry but like I said I dealt with drunk people previously who were depressed and went to the bottle. I had to clean up vomit because they couldn't make it to the toilet. I had to deal with my uncle saying he wanted to fuck me in the ass and I look good drunk.

I don't want anyone else to go through the same shit, especially not you or your children or anyone else, so you anon can turn your life around.

>> No.8067370

>>8067359
For context
I've thought about dumping my PERFECT SAINT OF A WONDERFUL BF just because I suspected he might somehow possibly be the reason I have alcoholism in some way i can't understand, after evaluating and changing everything else in my life. Alcoholism is THAT BAD. I considered giving up something wonderful just because I couldn't think of any other way to get out of it and was willing to try almost anything.
But you, on the other hand, KNOW he's the reason for it. DUMP. HIM.

>> No.8067373

>>8067361
Wow your family sound like real winners. I'm sorry anon.

>> No.8067375

>>8067351
not everyone is good at making friends or talking a lot. Sounds more like you're being a judgmental dick over her. Maybe she just didn't feel comfortable without someone she knew there.

>> No.8067393

>>8067375
I am being judgemental, no debate there. I'm also really bad at socializing, so I know how hard it is. But she didn't know either of the two girls there either, so I think you're reaching with that logic.

>> No.8067400

Speaking of alcohol,
>tfw boyfriend is neurotic about alcohol
>he thinks consuming any alcohol ever for any circumstance is "pointless" and therefore nobody should do it, even if you're 21 and even if it's just one drink
>throws a fit every time I want to drink

>tfw I finally made some friends/have friends of friends who look like they throw really fun parties at cons and I'm sometimes invited but he would throw a fit if I went

god damn it he is so immature in this way. Perfectly sweet and reasonable and supporting in every other way but for some reason when it comes to alcohol it's like some switch is flipped and he thinks it's going to be the end of the world

>> No.8067403

>>8067351
Sounds like me, lol. I'm really slow to make friends. Diplomatic enough to everyone, but it takes time for me to be comfortable with another person. If you squeeze me into a 1 on 1 situation then I'm going to try and escape- which is by no means your fault. Don't take it personally, anon, they're probably just shy and overwhelmed by the comm and don't want to come off as annoying/clingy. It's not that they don't like you/other girl, so just give them some time and space.

>> No.8067405

>>8067393
She only friended one of them, right? So maybe she only clicked with the one and is private with her facebook? I don't think that's that bad.

>> No.8067408

>>8067361
I already have given him an ultimatum, as of a couple months ago. He has until our lease is up to stop lying to me about money/taking money from me and to learn to deal with his feelings in a more healthy manner as opposed to lashing out and ignoring making our kids food because of vidya games. It's heart-wrenching though because our son came in when we were arguing once after my husband said he would just leave if he was hurting everyone so much and he started saying to him that he wanted him to stay, don't leave, etcetera. Our son will talk to me sometimes and say I shouldn't be so mad at daddy. I'm tired of feeling like I have to cook food for the kids right before I go to work to make sure they have more than a peanut butter sandwich or something during my shift.

>> No.8067425

>>8067403
This. I hate being alone with someone else because I know I can't make conversation and I feel really bad about subjecting them to awkward silence. I feel a lot better when there's at least one other person around so the pressure's off me to do some of the talking, or if I know that person is talkative.

>>8067393
Maybe you intimidate her. Maybe that one girl is the only one she felt she connected with. There are so many possible reasons as to why she did that, it's kind of unfair to just assume the worst. The best thing for you to do is is ask her what's up and to give her time.

>> No.8067429

>>8067403
That makes sense. I didn't think about the 1 on 1 thing. I don't mind getting to know someone like that, but I can see it being uncomfortable for some.

>>8067405
Honestly, I still find that kind of rude, but that's just a difference of opinion.

>> No.8067439

>>8067351
Did you send her a friend request? Some people are very private with their Facebook, but on the other hand, it could just be that she feels that sending a friend request is too aggressive.

>> No.8067440

>>8067408
Damn your husband is a fucking asshole. I mean it's the best in the long run, right? Maybe your son doesn't understand right now that daddy is a selfish bitch who would rather play vidya than feed him but I would hope he would understand that in the future... idk man, kids are rough. It took me awhile to understand my dad checked out of a lot of shit and to actually start resenting him for it. If your husband is unemployed and not even making the kids food what the fuck is he doing?

>> No.8067443

>>8067425
>>8067429
I would send her a request, but I asked her at the meet up if I could friend her in fb and she said she doesn't use fb often. So I take that as no she doesn't want to be friends.

>> No.8067445

>>8067400
There's a couple of rationales behind this, in my experience. He could have a bad family history with alcohol, and therefore demonizes it. He could also just have felt outcast in high school or whatever if he was someone who had friends who drank a lot but he never really had access to it. It's also possible he had those friends, and got access later on but felt he was better than them and continued not to drink. Lastly, he could be really religious, but I feel you would have mentioned that. Does any of that sound like your bf?

>> No.8067447

>>8067439
Sorry, meant to respond to you with this >>8067443

>> No.8067453

>>8067445
oh yeah, he is religious, but it hardly ever comes up so I'm not sure if it's tied to that or not. At least, he's never mentioned religion in the contect of alcohol. I'd like to ask him, but every time he brings up alcohol it's always "why do you care so much about drinking/why do you need to drink so badly!?"
He keeps saying his reasoning is he "just doesn't see the point" which makes no sense to me, cause if that's the only thing then why does he care so much? The conversations always seem to go in circles.

>> No.8067456

>>8067408
I never really understood why my dad wasn't a part of my life, and to some degree I resented my mother for it. That said, as I got older and developed a better understanding of the world, I got it, and realized all the reasons I should've been resenting him.

Alcohol is one of the more difficult substances to come off of, imo. I honestly came off heroin more easily than I've been dealing with my alcoholism. I just bring it up to hopefully help you realize how important it is that you deal with this sooner than later, and that it may be rough, but it is worth it. Really hope you make it anon.

>> No.8067471
File: 47 KB, 189x181, sweetjesus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Watch Star vs the Forces of Evil
>Want to cosplay as Star for next con because I enjoyed the show and thought she was cute
>Figuring out how to go about it, going through Taobao to find exact socks, thinking about how to do her wig, etc.
>Go on Tumblr for the why nots
>go on Star vs the Forces for Evil tag
>First fags are already shitting up Marco cosplays and of course none of them are good

I like this show a lot but I have a feeling doing this cosplay will result in having unsavory people around me at the next con I'm going to.
>i suppose i only do this to myself

>> No.8067479

>>8067408
The fuck anon? He's a video game addict? Seriously I play video games myself (it's my 'drug' of choice,) but I don't ignore my own child over it (especially not with food,) and most of the time I play with him.

It seems to be he has his own addiction. Yeah you need to dump him after you at least had a 'talk' with him but from what you said in >>8067453 it might seem like a lost cause.

Also sorry about blowing up. Alcoholism is something that rustles my jimmies.

>> No.8067485

just wanted to point out that >>8067453
is not the same person as
>>8067408

>> No.8067490

>>8067485
Oh my bad.

>> No.8067495

>>8067351
I can relate to that third girl, and you shouldn't take offence to it anon. If half the group leaves, then I feel like 'oh everyone is leaving I guess it's time for me to go home too', especially since I'm more uncomfortable in smaller groups of strangers. As for the Facebook thing, I rarely add someone I've ever met once, after a couple of times meeting you she might be more comfortable with friending you. She might just have more common interests with that other girl which is why she was happy to friend her straightaway.

>> No.8067499

>>8067240
I'm gonna be nicer. The fact that you realize you have a problem is a beginning.
When I first realized I had a problem, I didn't want to stop either, so I just stopped talking to everyone and hid. But then shit hit the fan, and now I've been sober 5.5 years.

I wish you luck, as your experience may end up totally different from mine. But there is hope, and a way out, when you're ready for it.

>> No.8067506

>measure waist and weigh self pre-workout
>almost always 111-point-something lbs
>always 24" waist
>feel guilty about eating junk and lifting less the previous week
>go to gym and measure
>110lbs
>23.5" waist
>get excited and hit PRs
>135lbs ATG squat, 90lbs bench, etc
>next day almost 113lbs and slightly over 24" waist
>feel fat as fuck eating fried chicken and mashed potatoes right now

i work 55-60 hours a week at a japanese restaurant that keeps giving me free food (employee meals and now lots of bribery snacks). i feel like every time i hit a PR or a new low measurement, i eat until it doesn't matter.

>> No.8067519

>>8067440
not that anon but playing vidya apparently

>> No.8067525

>Wanted to help a random stranger girl go to an anime convention.
>Can't remember who the fuck she is, her contact information, her tumblr, her email, anything.

>> No.8067563

>>8067506
Maybe you shouldn't measure/weigh yourself so often. I'm guilty of obsessing over my numbers too, but they're going to fluctuate just by how hydrated you are. I take my stats every week or every other week first thing in the morning and focus on hitting my workouts hard. It makes the changes more noticeable, accurate, and enjoyable.

As for food, just set a realistic limit on snacks and meals. Enjoy one small portion snack bribe or treat instead of gorging yourself.

>> No.8067570

>>8067525
This happens to me every weekend :( feels bad man.

>> No.8067586

>>8067570
I'm trying to find it but I just can't and it's frustrating. She needed like $300 and I said I would give her $50 to be nice but I can't find her information.

>> No.8067587

>>8067453
If he's never tried it, how does he not see the point?
If you feel like trolling, I would look into and mention some of the (numerous) articles and studies pointing out that red wine taken regularly has significant benefits for overall health and longevity. In fact the FDA's recommendation for daily alcohol intake is actually lower than what could potentially be of optimal health. See how he responds.

>> No.8067592

>>8067586
Oh I would just drop it. Starting a relationship on lending someone $50 is bad fucking news man. bail bail bail

>> No.8067598

>>8067563
i take mine 3x a week probably, and always "first thing" in the morning which can be different times of course but always before eating anything.

as for limits on snacks and meals, i don't have the self restraint to turn down free sushi, fried rice, and chocolate. i'm working on it, but it's difficult.

>> No.8067610

>>8067598
Once you realize the food they offer you is total shit it's a lot easier to turn down

>> No.8067613

>>8067592
Hah that's what other people told me too. Well if she emails me then ok but if not well I won't worry about it then.

>> No.8067629

>>8067447
>>8067443
I mean, I don't use it very often either. When I tell people that, it is usually just a warning that I don't post much and that it's not an effective tool for quick communication. Also it buys me time to decide if I want to friend someone or not.

In any case, if she said she doesn't use it very often, you should send her a request anyway. Worst scenario, she'll decline it, but I can't see her sending you one with the way you're describing her.

>> No.8067636

I am awful at trimming wigs but I need to trim the bangs on one I have, and know nobody around to help me. RIP

>> No.8067641

>>8067636
Just cut vertically, not horizontally. By cut I mean cut the wig btw. You can do it anon!

>> No.8067645

>>8067613
I would just forget she exists. Seriously stop doing this. I do this too, but not this bad, I offer to lend people shit and then am like "fuck why did I do that" it really just doesn't ever go well. You can make friends without giving them money anon.

>> No.8067650

>>8067645
Oh no I wasn't trying to be her friend but she posted on YT so I wanted to be nice.

>Seriously stop doing this
Lol you sound like my relatives now. My grandmother was the same way. Died being nice so I guess it runs in the family.

>> No.8067663
File: 83 KB, 856x575, love is over.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I forget that the world is full of so many shitty dumb people. I guess that's what I get for limiting my social interaction with others. It makes me sad to see good people be hurt by bad people Even if the bad people lose, you cannot undo what they have already done.

>> No.8067695
File: 85 KB, 283x296, Boss does not approve.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8067663

>that image

NOW'S NOT THE TIME TO BE DEAD

>> No.8067699

has anyone here been seriously depressed and gotten out of it

ive been depressed for like 8 years now. i havent been happy, nothing has made me happy. I've tried different therapists different pills nothing has worked.
I'm considering finally commiting suicide tonight because i can't take it anymore

I don't know what to do and i need help

>> No.8067722

>>8067699
Try St Johns Wort? It interferes with birth control pills though. I know it sounds stupid but that dumbass supplement actually changed my life.

>> No.8067725

>>8067722
>St Johns Wort
Pretty sure i tried that stuff too. Strongest dose didnt make a dent.

>> No.8067737

>tfw losing a lot of weight and corset training
>tfw doing breast enhancement
>tfw both are working, bust getting bigger and waist getting smaller
The thing is I don't think I should buy clothes until I've reached my goal for all three of those things. Lots of people buy some new clothes whenever they go up/down by a few sizes, but for someone who doesn't have such a huge exposable income to start with it seems like such a big waste, especially since they're probably going to be cheap normalfag clothes anyway and I'm not going to look/feel my best in them. Should I just wait about a year/year and half to start buying clothes again, and just save up all my money to have a huge celebratory shopping spree then to reward myself for reaching my goals?
Eventually I want to have a cute wardrobe full of altered brand skirts, handmade lolita and custom taobao and those are too special and expensive I think to just get now knowing they will probably not fit me ever again in a short time, which is why I won't buy that stuff now.

>> No.8067742 [DELETED] 

>>8067725
There's a lot of antidepressant stuff I haven't tried. It's a wide wide world of supplements out there. Have you been to therapy and such? I'm sure you have but I feel I should ask anyway,

>> No.8067743

>>8067742
Sorry I am a massive faggot and didn't reread the post. has literally nothing made you happy? can you take at least some enjoyment in the absence of emotion? I have at times.

>> No.8067744

>>8067737
Definitely don't go buying new things just yet. If you need to buy something new, buy one thing that will change size with you (so it needs to be adjustable/stretchy)

>> No.8067746

>>8067725
>>8067699
I really feel badly for you anon. I want to talk to you but if you're in a really bad place right now, I don't know if I am capable of talking to you at the moment.

>> No.8067763

I recently realized that I don't like the people that are my friends.
For a long time I have been with a meh actitud towards meeting them, I enjoyed staying alone and doing stuff by my own. I felt weird because they are nothing but nice people but... I don't care about them? They haven't been my friends my whole life they are just people that I met through other's people meetings and we sorta end up talking almost daily but that's it.
I feel so weird because I feel like an emotionless rock and they care about me, but at the same time I'm relief that I'm alone.
I don't know how to feel.

>> No.8067773

>>8067699
Have you tried electroconvulsive therapy? It's usually used as a last resort because of the possible memory loss that can result from it, but it's the most effective treatment out there for patients with extremely severe depression that nothing else seems to help with. Basically they put you under general anesthesia so you're unconscious, and the induce seizures. They do this for several treatments, and it's a long-term cure, but there's really nothing else that has the success rates it has with patients thought to be lost causes. If all you've tried is pills and therapists, then you haven't tried enough. I believe there is a way for you to get out of this pit of depression that's not killing yourself. Please go research ECT and maybe start treatment, it might be the help you're looking for.

>> No.8067785

>>8067699
Sorry for the dumb suggestion, did you try yoga? It helped me a lot, also meditation.
It was not a quick fix, it took a couple of weeks but slowly I started to be more relaxed and stoped caring about my depression.

>> No.8067790

>just finished HUGE assignment
>promised myself burando as a reward
>no idea which style to go for
>no idea what suits me
>gonna have to get a whole outfit
>gonna have to go second hand

But I'm finally getting into this fashion and I am so excited about it!

>> No.8067793

>>8067773
I'd say try this as well. I've heard really good things about it.

It's not like they're going to transport you back to the 60s and stick wires up your nose. I say go and give it a try.

Oh, and see if there's any medical trials they can take part in. Your depression is highly anomalous, so they'd definitely be interested. You can earn a lot of cash, treat yourself to something nice, and maybe get a little better as well.

>> No.8067799

>>8067587
oh he has tried it. Once without me and once with me, we both got waaay too drunk and i feel like that's colored his opinion of it. I'll totally look up those health benefits and see what he says though! If I could get him to the point where he will try it, and just have 1 drink so he sees it's not all rolling around drunk, that would be awesome.

>> No.8067804

>>8067746
Please don't interpret this wrongly
I am personally not able to give and kind of advice from being in a bad state
I do feel for you, I am sorry

>> No.8067816

>>8067191
I think most of the people I know around my age (25) don't have one. There wouldn't be a need to get one unless you know you're going to be traveling abroad, which isn't very common unless you live close to a border. I live in the South East and most people here have never left the country.

>> No.8067834

This is so stupid but I have a massive crush on one of my professors. We exchange emails a lot about the coursework and he calls me "brilliant" and says he always looks forward to my contributions in class. He also keeps inviting me to take another class with him next semester. He's also a total Japanophile/weeb like me, haha. I feel like a dumb kid with a crush, but I seriously enjoy talking about academic stuff with this guy and get giddy thinking about him... then I remember he's twice my age and I'm being ridiculous to care that this guy is probably just happy one of his students actually pays attention in class. Ugh I'm such a weirdo.

>> No.8067903

>modeling in lolita for a classmate's end year project
>"oh anon, I found another lolita girl for my project! she doesn't have all the dresses you have though..."
>this girl has seen me in 1 lolita dress ever

Just waiting for the itatastic disaster, to be honest

>> No.8067904

>>8067699
What medication have you tried?
Have you considered going at it from the perspective of another disorder? Depression can be a symptom of a lot of different things.
I was stagnating in my treatment until I looked at other possibilities. My symptoms matched up with non-hyperactive inattentive ADD. Going on adderal made a huge difference in my life. And tomorrow I'm going in and going to bring up a possible sleep disorder (hypersomnia type).
Depression, inattentive ADD, and sleep disorders can all look really similar. Hopelessness. Lack of energy. Inability to focus. Feeling like you're in a haze.
I might have one or all of these. I try not to get too hung up in the labels. They're really just shorthand for the symptoms.

What ever treatment makes you feel better, go for it. We discovered that giving speed to high strung eight year olds calms them down. We honestly know very little about the brain.

That's one thing a psychiatrist asked me that the people I've seen before never had: what does better look like? I'm an expert at knocking out a list of my symptoms, but "healthy" is much more complex than "not this."

What symptoms do you want to focus on? I had been neglecting my "inability to focus" before adderall. Maybe you need to do something drastically different?

Have you tried both anti-anxiety and antidepressants? What's your diet? Are your iron levels okay? How's your thyroid? Are your testosterone/estrogen levels balanced?

Don't give up! There's so much to try!

>> No.8067916

>>8067904
I'll tack on another thought:
I'm sure you know this, but it does take a while to see if a new medication works. At least a month when starting or after a dosage change.
This goes for trying supplements or habit changes (food, exercise, etc) too.
Figured it was important for any lurkers trying to help their situation.

It took me 4-6 months just to get my adderall dosage right and figuring out long acting vs short acting. It is a long and sucky process.

I've found that peers and family who try to help usually get frustrated that it isn't fixed around the three month mark. You've gotta have patience. The work you put in over five years might give you decades of actual living.

>> No.8067936

>>8067453
Sounds like a younger me.
He'll probably mature out of it.
He's probably only had shit beers before.
Try some craft beers and imports.
I personally don't like being drunk, but I like the flavor, so I drink a lot of microbrews and imported ales.

>> No.8067947

>tfw all these dresses I want to buy off of auctions
>only so much money

I hate it when there are waves of stuff I want followed by dry spells.

>> No.8068168

>>8067629
Why are you assuming I want to be friends with her? I don't seek out people who don't have any self confidence/really shy. Honestly, it seems like cgl is filled with really beta shy girls.

>> No.8068242

>Boeibu got cancelled
>BOEIBU GOT CANCELLED
And how the fuck am I gonna see some magical boys in action

>> No.8068251

>>8068242
[citations needed]

>> No.8068262
File: 264 KB, 1160x914, 643434534343684.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>like really fucked up sexual stuff
>been there all my life
>have had breakdowns over it
>ignoring it doesnt work
>leads to more mental health problems
>cant tell any friends
>cant even tell my best friend of 10+ years
>only person i can talk about it with shares my paraphilia
>possibly cant even tell 4chan

this shit is so tough. it wont go away and i cant ignore it. i'm doing good dealing with it safely and with non-irl porn (and would never act it out irl god no), but its still really difficult to deal with.

obligatory cgl addition:
>im getting skinny for burando
>burando money is going towards helping with this problem
>dealing with this unfortunately takes priority over kawaii clothes

>> No.8068268

>>8068262
You into guro or scat play anon?

>> No.8068269

>>8068268
no
its [spoiler]dogs[/therearenospoilersoncgl]

>> No.8068272

>>8068269
So are you a furry? Or into bestiality?

>> No.8068275

>>8068272
actual dog cock
>dont know if that's better or worse than being a furry

>> No.8068277

>>8068269
Nothing wrong with that anon (Well to me anyway.)

Did you try to go to bestiality forums? I don't mean here I mean actual friendly forums much like the transgender ones.

I'm not into dogs or horse or sheep but I'm into watersports which is always awkward. Told my ex bf and well he said ok then he freaked out later on when I asked him to piss on me lol.

So you're not a freak anon but I understand why you wouldn't want to tell you friends that. Not everyone is understanding.

I think the only fetishes I hate and have a hard time talking to anyone about them are: Rape, incest, cuckoo, causing car accidents on purpose or other incidents, and guro.

>> No.8068281

>>8067834
Anon I have been there. I have been there in a pretty bad way, so bad that someone posted about me in one of those "spotted" fb groups that were popular a couple years ago and ridiculed me for trying to hit on him, that's where I realized how dumb I was. Your professor is most likely being kind to you because he thinks you are a good student. You don't even know if he is married or engaged. You are not a weirdo but yes, you are a "kid with a crush" in the eyes of someone who is twice your age. Please reconsider before you end up doing something you will regret.

>> No.8068283

>>8067302
>Why do all the itas think these theme coords are a thing?
Did they start as cosplayers? Did they first come into contact with lolita as a con? If yes to either, it's because they see it as a costume.

>> No.8068286

>>8068277
i dont want to go to bestiality forums. too much advocating for real human/animal sex for me.
i may be a disgusing zoophile but im not going to abuse an animal - i'll stick to sex toys and feral drawn porn thanks.

>into watersports
me too, but the watersports discussion is always so much easier than "hey i frequently think about fucking dogs".

>> No.8068290

>>8067904
Thanks for the help.
I've gone through tests and therapists and physiologist but I haven't been diagnosed with anything else. I don't know if there's a certain symptom to focus on, I'm just tired of going on further. My diets pretty normal and my levels are all balanced. I actually had a brain MRI awhile ago because they were trying to figure out some stuff about how i'm so goddamn short

>>8067793
I might look into this since I can't afford any kind of treatment right now.

>>8067785
i'm fairly active, i ride my bike around often everywhere.

>>8067804
I'd never interpret that wrongly, you're really nice. Thanks anon

>> No.8068292

I have a terrible crush on someone I met on /cgl/ a few days ago and I feel so stupid for wanting to confess because:
>We have only known each other for a few days.
>I don't even know if it's mutual.
>I'm probably just being delusional.
I don't even want to feel like this, I am so stupid...

>> No.8068294

>>8068286
Not really. My ex bf is an example. Unless it's something like spanking a girl's ass or some mild S and M most fetishes people freak out about unless they are open minded in the first place. I'm just weird but well my ex bf was into guro too and that's one reason why I dumped him. He used to enjoy seeing people hurt and after he hit me in the face one time I said fuck that.

Weird and personal question but do you actually want to get fucked by a dog or do you just like seeing it? As stupid as this sounds I'm trying to talk to you and make you more at ease because this seems like a big deal.

>Lol I sound like a creeper dude but I'm not well...I'm trans but I'm not a creeper orz.

>> No.8068296

>>8068294
i want to be fucked by a big dog
i yearn for that knot

>> No.8068301

>>8068296
Then yeah like I said look for forums but this is what you do. Look for forums that are not PETA like. They do exist trust me. Not videos and shit but there's actual forums with people with this fetish. Like there's a transgender page that doesn't limit to post operation but also for people who don't want to go through operations and they give sound medical and mental advice.

It might take a while but look for it. Trust me. I'm usually on these forums (sadly I can't fucking leave,) so if you need someone to talk to there's me.

But dammit I'm not going to write Beast porn for you or describe it oh no.

>> No.8068316

>>8068301
>mental advice
But the forum itself is for helping to get over the fetish or it's like a forum full of this content?
(I'm a random curious anon, I'm not involve in the current discussion)

>> No.8068317

>>8067834
I've been there too, anon. It actually affected my life significantly because I worked myself into a colossal, year-long burnout trying to impress him. In my case he's "only" twelve years older than I am but he's married and has three kids. I actually got to hold his youngest daughter shortly after she was born and that just made my fucked up brain more attracted to him than ever. For a while my bitterness over the burnout (and the way he kind of mismanaged it and inadvertently made it worse) was stronger than my attraction and I felt like it was dying down, but now that I'm doing better the crush is back in full force. It's hard, but I'm going to try and minimize contact with him from now on.

Even if your professor sees you as anything more than "that cool student" he's going to see you more as a daughter than as a love interest. Hell, chances are he actually has a kid your age or is at least married. Plus even if he is single, educators are extremely hesitant to get into a relationship with a student. Even if you're an adult it's very unprofessional, and it could ruin his career.
Maybe re-evaluate what attracts you to this guy - I've read somewhere that often students feel attracted to their professors when they're very enthusiastic about the subject this person teaches. Do you have a crush on the man or do you have a crush on his work? If it's the latter, focus your interest on the work and try to kill your crush on the guy. If it's the former, you might have to cut off contact like I did. It sucks, but there's no way pursuing this is going to end in anything other than heartbreak.

>> No.8068323

>>8068316
It's a forum full of this content. I was bored so I went on there for lulz years ago and oh god. It's like an amateur porn site (I didn't know you could have sex with horses kek,) but there are sections that give sound advice and talk to people about stuff like this. You have to be 18+ (obviously.)

I'm not sure if it still exist but I can check my Yahoo notepad and see if I still have the url.

>For a person that knows about sex and fetishes I'm pretty vanilla. I never tried anything but WS before.
>Tfw people call you waifu material but claim you are too ugly and too old to get married or even date outside of fucking.

>> No.8068326

>>8068301
>i may be a disgusing zoophile but im not going to abuse an animal
please into reading comprehension anon

>> No.8068334

>>8068326
>disgusing zoophile
>Disgusting
>implying I'm even into the fetish

Please stop trolling anon. When I say I'm usually on these forums I mean here. As in /cgl/ I'm stuck here forever. I can't leave. I blame Satan.

>> No.8068336

>>8068168
Because you were asking why 'she didn't want to be friends with you'. If you don't want to be friends with her, why would you care about her interactions with you? It's not as though she was rude to you, just detached.

>> No.8068338

>tfw package out for delivery
>not home
>international registered mail
>gonna have to wait 'til saturday

just gimme dat fabric man.

>> No.8068359

>>8068336
I'm not OP, but some people are naturally curious about stupid shit. We honestly don't care - care, as in, we don't have any mental or emotional investment in the situation - we're just curious.
Or you can call it nosy. Either way.

>> No.8068361

>>8068338
>miss parcel because they didnt knock
>confront the worker (politely)
>"i rang the doorbell"
>what fucking doorbell you retard

>> No.8068376

>>8068361
>order item; have it set up to be brought to my door and not set in my mail box
>item has been delivered
>look around my porch; where the fuck is it USPS?
>think it's been stolen
>it's also been raining it's ass off
>a day later, going to go fill out a missing item form
>dad drops by unexpectedly and asks "That's not important, is it?"
>he points to a package off the side of my porch that's about half way in a puddle and almost tucked under the porch
>Jesus I would have never seen that
>I'm damned lucky that shit wasn't soaked

>place item with my local PO on Friday morning
>doesn't get accepted until Tuesday after noon
>...what?

>couple weeks later - still raining it's ass off
>send out package via Flat Rate Box
>no updates on the website
>few days later, get a "Failure To Deliver" notice, says package is at the PO
>get there, package looks like it's been ran over and pissed on
>"We couldn't read the address."
>fuck you local PO

>> No.8068381
File: 791 KB, 572x636, AAAARRGGGGGHHH REENK REENK REENK.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Got another weird headache that took me out for a couple of hours today. Got it right after finding out my parcel was in customs. The last time it happened was also right after finding out I had a parcel in customs. I swear HMRC and Parcelforce are fucking both my wallet and my skull.

>> No.8068408
File: 168 KB, 837x433, tumblr_nboy81NjRh1swmd04o4_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8068296
people like you truly disgusts me, really.

>> No.8068475

>>8068408
What a coincidence, people like you disgust us. Go away.

>> No.8068476

>>8068292
Just confess, what could go wrong? People start dating without knowing each other ALL THE TIME and sometimes it succeeds.

>> No.8068482

>>8068408
>Thinks beast is weird
>Uses a picture from a manga that's borderline (and could of been) shota.

>> No.8068483

2nd degree burns from high temperature hot glue. Ow.

>> No.8068486

>>8068292
>We have only known each other for a few days
My boyfriend and I talked on Steam only a couple of times, we met each other once in a group meeting and one week later we were on our first date.
It-s been over 3 years of the best relation that I ever had.

Go for it !!

>> No.8068488
File: 106 KB, 249x245, 1421085846595.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8068408
is it the lusting alone or the idea that i'd actually fuck a dog
because ive already said i wouldnt do that
>i have standards

>>8068482
kek

>> No.8068501

>>8068488
I seriously don't find beast weird compared to, I don't know, breath play and gun play. Or more gross things.

>> No.8068532

>>8067737
Breast enhancement? Like pectoral exercises?

>> No.8068540

>go on a diet because i want to look good in my next cosplay
>not used to not being able to eat what i want
>not that i'm fat or anything but i want to see more of my bones and lose at least 13 pounds
>be really cranky everyday because no food for 9h
>so pissed i literally cry in some college classes
>maybe this diet isn't for me but i want to look good so bad
>cry some more

>> No.8068551

>>8068540
>no food for 9h
To the best of my knowledge, frequent small meals > infrequent larger meals when it comes to weight loss. Even if you're not eating many calories, you can still spread them out to every 2-4 hours and you'll probably be less painfully hungry. Snacks high in protein and healthy fats like nuts will also help curb cravings. It can be tough to re-train your body to get used to less food, but there are ways to make it easier.

>> No.8068559

>>8068551
Thank you for the information, anon!

>> No.8068564

>>8067400
My boyfriend doesn't drink anymore either because he had his party days and now it's just an extra expense and really it is pointless. He's not an asshole about it though.

>> No.8068575

>>8068540
>I want to see more of my bones
Anon I don't mean to be rude, but that doesn't sound like a healthy goal to me.

>> No.8068577

>>8068540
diet means eating less and lower calorie, not less frequent

>> No.8068593

>>8068551
As far as I know a few big meals are better for losing weight than many small ones. Everytime you eat your body starts a mechanism that will store fat and if you eat more often the mechanism will start more often.

>> No.8068605

>>8068593
That's exactly the opposite. The mechanism only starts when the body thinks food is scarce. If you eat often and keep active it will generally lose you more fat, also eating breakfast is super important because if you don't, your body will actually store more fat than it would otherwise since it thinks you don't have access to food early in the day, and you lose a lot more calories when you start up.

>> No.8068612

>>8068275
Worse if you actually fuck dogs

At least with furries it's pretend with consenting parties

>> No.8068628

>>8068488
So if you've never done it
and it's not a big deal in your life
why the fuck are you claiming to have emotional breakdowns over a fetish you can just fucking ignore? I have the same fetish, and all I do is ignore it because it's nasty. Do you have this overwhelming impulse to just have to fuck dogs or just have to fuck anything? If it's upsetting you to the point of you having mental breakdowns then you should probably see a therapist because that's just abnormal.

>> No.8068631

>>8068540
You should be eating a lot of small healthy meals.

Bring smoothies fruit and veggies with you. Starving yourself is only going to make you gorge when you're done

>> No.8068641

>>8068575
How so?
>>8068577
To explain myself: i eat 3 meals a day. The breakfast is pretty much black coffee or tea and maybe one toast. I'm supposed to eat lunch but I can't do it in college since I don't know how many calories are in the food in cafeteria so I have to wait until I get home. I eat my lunch(which was chicken and lettuce in olive oil) at home after nine hours. And the dinner is carrits and apples. So I have yo eat less frequently. Or I just didn't understand what you meant, so I'm sorry.

Any more tips?

>> No.8068651
File: 88 KB, 500x350, 281DLE4.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>recently converted my little sister into cosplaying
>I basically decide what we cosplay all the time and she agrees with everything
>my dreams of a big sister/little sister duo cosplay can finally come true

ilu sis u da best

>> No.8068655
File: 34 KB, 138x108, 45646786456.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8068628
the more i ignore it, the stronger it becomes. i'm fine with toys and drawn porn. its just nice to be able to vent sometimes.

>> No.8068664

>>8068641
Well, if you want to see your bones, wouldn't you be pushing into underweight territory?

>> No.8068671

>>8068641
Not eating food at lunch because you're trying to 'count calories' is going to gain you more weight no matter how many calories you count.

>> No.8068681

>>8068641
>I'm supposed to eat lunch but I can't do it in college since I don't know how many calories are in the food
are the meals already prepared? they don't have jany healthy choices or you just don't know how to guesstimate calories of food? even if the choices are terrible, you can pick out the healthier bits and toss the rest (i.e. take meat out of sandwich, dump the bread)
that way, you're not starving for 9 hours.

that, or bring snacks like other anons said.

>> No.8068686

>>8068681
Why does she even have to only buy from her cafeteria?

>> No.8068689

>>8068251
>>8068251
mte. i haven't heard anything about this show being cancelled, and Anime News Network says nothing either.

>> No.8068697
File: 20 KB, 360x270, vdxvcx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>order one single shirt that I've wanted for ages
>wait
>and wait
>think its taking ages due to it being ordered over new years
>receive little letter
>' oh hey lol we've got your shirt and you have to pay yet more money but don't worry your shoes have got through customs without any charges'
>mfw

>> No.8068703
File: 3.79 MB, 350x197, 1399235963797.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>hair cut earlier this month
>bought a wig for lolita today; been years since wearing one
>really tight on the head & kind of fighting with me
>worn with mixed satisfaction
>tfw wearing a wig somehow gives me more appreciation for my short, natural hair
>also bought a surprisingly loliable blouse from Charlotte Russe via Goodwill
>obviously made with polyester, but not so shiny under bad florescent lighting
>this is going to be so ita of me, but fuck it, it's kawaii
>tfw actually goes with my lolita wardrobe well

>> No.8068712
File: 247 KB, 416x555, f52d6018feb9cc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

trying to overcome ED so i can fit in brand again and go to meetups and enjoy all the lovely snacks

>> No.8068718

>>8068686
i don't know ask her
this is apparently some kind of ordeal

>> No.8068737
File: 226 KB, 500x276, excite.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just ordered supplies to make first cosplay in three years

I am so ready.

>> No.8068760

>have job at shitty doughnut shop
>out of the way to get to, kind of annoying
>people are nice enough
>idea is stupid as fuck "gourmet doughnuts" hah!
>can't get behind it but still pull through for them
>everyone is stupid as balls
>head baker doesn't even know you use matcha to flavor green tea items
>"i wanted to make a green tea glaze and so i just brewed some tea"
>this is the quivalent of making hot cocoa to add chocolate in a recipe
>fuck this shit
>pine over idea to work in a place I had my eye on a few months ago
>get fired because I was late once
>immediately get contacted by the bakery I applied to months ago begging me to work for them
>suddenly things are 1000% better
>friend is offering me a hotel spot for $90 to a super expensive con
>friend asks me to commission cosplay for them, paying me $300
>get materials for $40, costume is easy as fuck
>fabric store has fabric for my cosplay all on sale
>roommate and me starting to be on good relationship standing again
>boobie grow pills actually working
>weight loss actually working
>getting toned as fuck legs

the only bad thing I can think of is that it's still winter, bring on the spring!

everything is awesome

>> No.8068776

>>8068760

That's awesome.

Man, I hope I can get a job elsewhere. I'm still waiting to hear back from the bank and I think that the conference center is tired of getting my voicemails. I miss the old bakery where I got first hired at; the one I transferred to has a really inefficient layout and with it being a much slower bakery, it kind of encourages employees to be lazy. I'm not above my job, but I'm so over it.

>> No.8068780

>>8068540
>>not that i'm fat or anything but i want to see more of my bones and lose at least 13 pounds
Good job, you are a few step closer to become anorexic!
If you want to eat healthy and lose weight, how about some exercise instead of crying because you cant count the calories?
Seriously, I don't understand this kind of people, it's not that hard.

>> No.8068783

>>8068760
Give me the name of those boobie grow pills anon

>> No.8068785

>spend months laboring over first real cosplay
>turns out pretty good
>wear it for the first time
>it gets damaged and has basically fallen apart by the end of the day
>no time, money or energy to remake it

>> No.8068796

>Been feeling down lately, not that interested in wearing lolita anymore, thinking of selling off all my dresses
>Already bought tickets to la vie en rose, accomodation is booked so I ain't backing out now
>Realize I don't have any baby or aatp items
>Go on a hunt for a somewhat cheap but nice dress
>After hours of looking at all the dresses I find myself feeling in love again
>Feelsgoodman.jpg

>Finally find dress that falls within budget on mbok
>Feel giddy inside after sending shopping service request
>Auction hasn't ended yet, never felt so nervous in my life

>> No.8068811

>>8068780
Oh it is that hard.
If you're getting up at 5 am and come home at 9 pm you have no power to do sports and we haven't even talked about chores.

>> No.8068818

>>8067191
I am from Europe and don't have one too, problem?

>> No.8068832

>really busy with finals and no money
>outgrew bangs, gained weight over holidays
>feel so fucking disgusting, basically gave up on being pretty ever again, almost leave lolita
>ask mom to cut my bangs when I'm over since I'm too cheap for a hair-cut amd don't care anymore
>see myself with bangs again, finally feel like myself
>love my bangs, finally feel kawaii again
>too bad bf hates my bangs and always complains about me cutting them
>idc, feels good man

I don't know how I can be so fucking happy about something as simple as bangs.

>> No.8068980

I really fucking hate my job.
>I fell off a ladder at work and sprained my ankle last week and since it has been nothing but being bitched at for not being a good enough 'manager' while away. I was out for 4 days and you would think I took a month off. I called every day but 1.
>1. I am payed by the hour, suck it. I am not required to do all this off the clock shit you make me do.
>2. BTW I am an assistant manager not a real manager, see #1
Yesterday was my first day back and I really fucking over-did it because we had to move the store around and shit and went home and passed the fuck out.
>3. I am on fucking crutches what the fuck do you want from me. My hands have two positions, stationary and holding the shit I need to move, or on my fucking crutches moving myself, I can't hold things and move at the same time, no shit it took longer than it normally does.
>4. So sorry I did not leave a fucking note boo fucking woooo it is the closers responsibility anyway and I opened and
>5. FUCK YOU.
I feel like since I am injured I am being seriously pressured to quit, I think I will call my lawyer tomorrow, this is getting out of hand. I keep getting yelled at and angerly e-mailed at home on my time and yeah fuck it.

I just want to fucking heal so I can go back to wearing brando and I can't right now since my ankle is 2x the size on a good day. My brace is not kawaii.

>> No.8068991

>>8068532
No, like noogleberry and massages.

>> No.8069063
File: 36 KB, 490x327, FUCK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw want to cosplay
>tfw want to have a grorious bjd and 1/6 figure collection
>tfw can't afford both

These are two things I've recently become passionate about. I can't make up my fucking mind.

>> No.8069068

>>8068818
You're a poorfag then, or you live near the sea in the south (so poorfag none the less). Everyone here has one.

>> No.8069103

>left iron sitting next to me after turning it off
>immediately hit the back of my hand on it
>goodbye skin

At least it burned so bad that it doesn't hurt. Yet. Its just a little itchy.

>> No.8069104

>>8068281
Wow, sorry you had it that bad, but thank you so much for the advice. You're right that I have no idea if he's married or what have you, but rest assured that I am way too shy to ever try to make a move on him or act on my crush. I just wish these damn feelings would go away since they are pointless and distracting and I don't want to keep feeling like I need to impress this guy.

>>8068317
You're right, no doubt he sees me as just a cool student or a daughter figure, lol. I think you have the right idea about minimizing contact. ...I guess I won't be taking his class next semester because I really don't want this to go on for an extended period of time. I don't know why I develop these crushes on people I know I can never have. But I also think you're right that it's probably more about the enthusiasm and the fact that I admire his intelligence and want to be like him someday, idk. Thanks for your advice!

>> No.8069128

>start blogging about lolita, more of a personal journal than trying to gain e-fame
>enter enthusiastic follower
>comments on every post with a wall of text about her life story
>said follower spent 45 minutes today on my blog reading older posts and commenting in her usual fashion
>I just want to write my blog in peace, maybe have a few brief comments here and there

What do cgl? How can I let this girl know she's being annoying without coming across like a sandy cunt?

>> No.8069182

>>8067506
Anon have you ever considered those are just the measurements you're supposed to have? How tall are you? Because 111 lbs and a 24 inch waist does NOT sound 'fat as fuck' to me, especially if you're doing squats and bench presses.

Are you trying to fit into tiny clothes or do you just really want a tiny waist? Are you planning a cosplay with a bare midriff? Either way I think you're being way too hard on yourself. It's never a bad idea to strive for a quality diet, but you're not going to be a happy person eating low-cal salads and water all the time just so your waist will be a certain size. Chickens and potatoes were made to be eaten. Just stop eating fried shit, that is genuinely bad for you.

>gb2 tumbeler fatty chan
I'm 5'4", have never weighed over 100 lbs, go days barely eating 500 calories and my waist has always been 24 inches. I guess technically it could be a little slimmer if I started doing hardcore pilates, but I'm already too small for most clothes so why should I want an even smaller waist? If I needed one, I would get a waist cincher.

>> No.8069209

>>8067506
A body fluctuates a few pounds up and down depending on where you are on your monthly cycle. I'd say try to limit yourself to weighing/measuring once a week. That's what I had to do because doing it every other day would make me stressed out and crazy.

>> No.8069220

>>8068551
I've just started on a diet to lose some weight for a con in a few months. My mom is like queen of nutrition and she told me to eat a handful of nuts for a snack in between classes or whenever I'm bored sitting at my computer. The protein will help make you feel full and satisfied for an hour or two. At least until you can get some real food.

>> No.8069224

>>8068655
I'm into like 500-600 lbs guys so I understand being embarrassed about your fetish anon.

>> No.8069229

>>8068712
I used to be bulimic and shit is hard to get through. Talk to a therapist or doctor about it. They have a lot of tips for people with eating disorders. Hope you get through it anon!

>> No.8069256

I'm becoming a seriously hateful bitch.
There is this pretty friendly girl who recently added me on FB.

All her posts:
-My boyfriend bought me this!
-Wah, this person wouldn't sell me this!
-LACEMARKET IS ALWAYS CRASHING
-I finally bought my dress dress!
-URGENT WTB

I'm sure a part of me getting so annoying by these posts is just how I jelly I am of how often she's spending money and getting brando. She must annoying a lot of people though cause most of her posts are just liked by her boyfriend and she always makes like 10 a day, and like I said she randomly added me.

>> No.8069332

>>8068703
Just wanted to say that I love the Koda Kumi gif.

>> No.8069353
File: 2.04 MB, 350x550, 1393651777505.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8069256
>look at the things my bf buys me and know that I am LOVED, peasants
Yeesh, sounds like she has some serious validation issues. I think you're right to be annoyed, that's not hateful in the least!

Anyway my general bitching that's TL;DR that I don't feel like greentexting:

I (think?) I got outbid on mbok for my dream dress but there's still time remaining. I sent my auction order earlier today to japonica, but they never responded back. However I noticed that a(my?) bid amount showed up in the bid history that I coincidentally requested, and was subsequently outbid. I responded back in the same email as before and asked them to raise my bid, but there's not many hours left. They also haven't responded, and I haven't seen Japonica's ID bid on it since.

I wasn't looking to spend past $450 on this dress. I've seen it in person and it's not really worth much past $300, if I'm being completely honest. A sadistic part of me is starting to feel that if I at least get outbid on my max, that someone else (who is probably more desperate than me for this thing) is being made to pay extra. I realize how vindictive and vengeful that makes me sound.
>mfw

>> No.8069359

I was ejected from a 4 year long relationship that I hadn't realized was poisoning me until I was finally out of it. Our first year and a half together was great until my ex's awful home life began fucking her up:
>spent less and less time together irl and online because she was "too busy" with work. eventually went months without communication.
>hated her work and was always in a terrible mood. never made any defining steps to improve her situation because she "just couldn't/had no choice."
>complained about weight/image/ect, but never did anything to improve herself or look into anything i suggested.
>always responded negatively to any compliments i gave.
>unnecessarily protective. threatened to do "something" to a close friend if they got "too close to me."
>insinuated that i had to take her side in an argument between her and a close friend of mine, and essentially stop being her friend if they had a falling out (still not sure about that one)
>demonized lolita, the one fashion i wore regularly, because of self-image issues and never had anything nice to say when the subject came up (ironically fell in love with it at the end of our relationship and talked about it non-stop).
>stressed about money, or being able to afford things/go places even though i paid for both of us all the time.
>fought with parent(s) constantly. residual bad mood ended up on me. would then get mad at me for being mad.
>refused to be open with me or tell me what she wanted. got mad when i didn't do/act/say what she expected.
>would say she was fine and then explode later (sometimes months later) because she wasn't. somehow ended up being my fault.
>everything was always somehow my fault.
>avoided me for half a year before breaking up, saying it was because i wasn't "taking us seriously enough."
I'm omitting a hell of a lot, but you get the idea. I blame my emotional neutrality for how unreasonably long I was in that relationship. I'm with a much stabler person now, feelssogoodman.

>> No.8069362
File: 239 KB, 500x275, 489895p4.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8069353
>mfw as soon as I bitch about this I get a deposit confirmation email
It's about bloody time...

>> No.8069367

>>8069256
unfollow her posts. i do it all the time, that way i dont have to delete them and never have to see their posts again

>> No.8069380

>>8069353
>>8069362
Welp, bid $480. Anything higher and this whole thing can kiss my ass.

>> No.8069405

>>8069220
I'm really rubbish with nuts (in that I eat ALL THE NUTS) but I'm pretty good with chilli tuna + cucumber (instead of rice crackers, which again...I would eat the lot)
Downside is you can't really sneak eat tuna on the go.

>> No.8069414

>>8069256
I wonder if it's the same girl who added me...seems like it. Is she from Belgium?

>> No.8069428

>>8068292
wouldn't it be easy for that person to figure out who you are with this post

>> No.8069432

Not /cgl/ related but

>sign up to be honorary Assistant Coach for the twirling squad that I graduated from a few years ago
>We compete in the TIA east coast competitions
>Last year the old coach (my coach) left the school to form her own independent team
>took all but 2 talented girls with her
>new coach is great
>new girls have a lot of promise
>the girls don't give a shit
>they could be so great, but they don't care
>they have an amazing routine written for them if they'd just try

This is so discouraging. I'm going to try to whip them into shape, this is the new coach's first year as a coach so she's too buddy-buddy with the girls, so I'm going to play bad cop and bring down the iron fist. I know these girls could be amazing if they'd just try a little harder...

/cgl/ related:
>got last pieces of my new coord in today
>i feel so beautiful, like I never have before
>never going to buy anything but tartan ever again

>> No.8069443

>>8067790
I'm happy anon! You're gonna be adorable, good luck on deciding the style!

>> No.8069477

>>8069353
Yeah. Like I said I feel bad too because she's so completely into lolita even though she's so new to it and most of her fb friends are lolitas she has added.

480 though! That's your limit! Don't go passed that.
>>8069367
Yeah I should do that! I don't know how I always forget about that feature. Thank you so much, anon.
>>8069414
Yes from Belgium. She seems nice enough, right? She's just so in your face about buying something everyday.

>> No.8069484

>just signed up to make friend's cosplay
>for Katsucon
>not even done my own cosplays yet
>very full work schedule
>Never made anything like this before

What have I done

>> No.8069492

>>8069484
Just fucking tell them that you can't finish instead of Jay Owen.

>> No.8069518

>tfw no lolita gf
>I'm a bisexual married woman

>> No.8069521

>>8069518
good work confirming the stereotype about bisexuals then

>> No.8069537

>>8069484
If you BARELY said you were gonna make it; then say change of plans that you can't and barely have time to make your own.

Now if its like 2 weeks left until con; and you told them you could 3 months ago; its sorta fucked up cause now they can't even order something.

>> No.8069545

>>8069477
>Yes from Belgium. She seems nice enough, right? She's just so in your face about buying something everyday.

She does seem nice and it is annoying but she does seem immature for a 23 year old.

I also get the impression she is a weeb or something, she said one of her students thought she was Asian and claims people always think that but she likes it. I dont know...I think that post annoyed me and made me cringe the most.

>> No.8069555

>>8069521
What, that we're sluts? I don't see how, it's not like I'm cheating on my husband. Sometimes I miss the fairer sex that's all. And if I could share clothes with someone I'd be elated.

>> No.8069587

>>8069545
>people like this teach
Christ. Teaching must be a joke these days if people this retarded can do it.

>> No.8069591

>>8069545
23? I thought she was younger just because of how she acted, maybe 18-19.
Oh boy, that's really more suited to what a teenager would say. The post that annoyed me the most was her saying that her fat stupid dad needed to stop walking past her closet and brushing again her clothing. Then someone mentioned she should move out and I think she said it was too early to move out, or expensive.
Just set off my spoiled brat alarm.

>> No.8069604

>>8069555
>fairer sex
Have you ever tried talking with each other about sex?

>> No.8069606

>>8069591
Maybe she's a Walloon.

>> No.8069607

>>8069604
Yes, he's not open to the idea of including anyone else in our relationship. Honestly I'm not really either, it's more of a "grass is greener" type of deal. I don't want to explore any sort of polyamory.

>> No.8069612

>>8069607
Ah well. In that case, no point dwelling on it, is there?

>> No.8069613

>>8069607
I just realized what "fairer sex" means. I thought you were saying that he's not pleasuring you enough and is selfish with sex.

>> No.8069633

>>8069606
I won't lie, I had to google that, and came no closer to what you might've meant.

>> No.8069671

>>8069612
Too true, I suppose. Just whining.
>>8069613
Haha, that's funny anon (that's also the case tho)

>> No.8069686

>>8069128
block her

>> No.8069693

I have troubles getting started on things. I could mentally plan out, "okay, I need this piece, these contacts, this prop, this wig, all for this cosplay by this time..." and I'd probably leave it all to maybe a month before the actual con so I'd scramble to get stuff.

>> No.8069695

>http://sparkyegg.tumblr.com/
kek

>> No.8069698

>>8069693
Same, anon.

Three weeks to katsucon and I JUST ordered the shit for my last cosplay, and have another one's materials laying around that I haven't started on.

But you know, I do my best work two days before the con on no sleep.

>> No.8069700

>>8069063
Just do what I do and stick to MSD (40cm) size and smaller. They are like the cost of a dress so it evens out for me? I mean, I don't need as many dolls as I would like dresses so it is not so bad to do both.

>> No.8069701

>>8067763
Ugh, same! I know they're great people and I want them to be happy, but....... please stop talking to me.....

>> No.8069863

>>8069353
Thank you for reposting this image, I've been looking for it. But yeah don't spend some crazy amount on this dress.

>> No.8069867

>>8069224
>tips fedora
M-m'lady

>> No.8069916

I hate Disney cosplay. I don't know why, but for some reason it really pisses me off how popular it's become and people think they're being unique as fuck by making a Disney costume. I don't hate Disney or anything and I like many of their animated films, but I can't bring myself to really get excited about their movies because they're for kids (a lame reason I know) and I'm too old.

>> No.8070011
File: 25 KB, 800x250, sad-seagull.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>recovering from ED
>having a really hard time of it lately, struggling a lot with body image and eating normally
>bf knows a little bit about my issues but i don't talk about it much, finally gets me to tell him how i'm feeling
>break down sobbing and try to explain as best i can
>he's dealt with mental health stuff before so he's usually understanding
>he ends up talking over me and interrupting while i'm trying to explain myself
>his main point is "i think you're beautiful and i'm not going to leave you, it's okay"

I honestly wanted to tell him to shut up, which is unusual for me because we're both calm people and usually communicate really well. I know he was trying to be nice and supportive, but it just. Was not the right stuff to say. Then he told me he'd love me if I was "a hundred pounds or three hundred pounds" and again I know he was trying to be sweet but it's just like
>please don't tell me numbers because I can imagine myself at both and it's terrifying
>just want to be normal and at a healthy weight

To stay cgl:
>still on the look for first loli piece
>still scared as hell to commit to anything
Did anyone else have this problem when they first started?

>> No.8070015

>>8070011
What exactly do you expect people to say? Just him mentioning the possibility of a different weight triggers you that much?

As for your other question I'm starting out and I just bought a couple of cheap stuff on taobao. I've also bought a 2nd hand OP which I knew I could resell for the amount I bought it if I wouldn't like it.

>> No.8070017
File: 46 KB, 329x480, waaaaaahhh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It ain't even the money involved in customs that ticks me off, really. It''s the fucking amount of time they piss up the wall with holding the parcel for days, then sending a letter, then waiting until I've paid the charge to send it. In this day and age is there no way to deal with all this shit online and get my stuff much faster

>> No.8070031

>>8070011
>>please don't tell me numbers because I can imagine myself at both and it's terrifying
Goddamn do I know this feel
It's why I never try to seek support from others and rely on reminding myself that things actually won't be much better if I ruin my health to become a bag of bones with a fucked up throat (no matter how "good" I end up looking at a certain point there's no way I'll be able to stop, my hair will fall out, I'll get wrinkles, my teeth will be the nastiest shit known to man, lanugo will destroy my skin, my tits will deflate like balloons, I'll feel just as awful as I will look, etc, and failing that, I'll just ruin it all with a single carb-heavy meal one day, rendering all the effort and suffering useless), there are all sorts of bodies, I don't owe anything to anyone, I deserve to eat, etc.
It doesn't always help, but there are times I realize this and can get myself to eat guilt-free

>> No.8070032
File: 18 KB, 408x391, 1420439641095.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8068292
Hey! This happened to me once off of a meet thread.
Make plans with them alone?
Also
>tfw 4chan bf

>> No.8070039

>>8070015
I can't say I expected him to say anything, although he's normally a little more sensitive? It was just that he asked me to explain my feelings so he could understand it better, but I would literally start a sentence and he would interrupt me to go on a long spiel about how I don't have to worry about him dumping me because of it and he loves me regardless of my eating problems. Great. But I guess I just wanted him to listen.
I'm trying not to come off as a cold bitch, I really do appreciate him trying. It was just frustrating to be in the middle of sorta pouring my heart out and having him interrupt me and treat me like a little kid.
But yeah, it does. I'm not usually so sensitive, but like I said, recently it's been hitting me kind of hard.
Eugh, sorry for the ramble.

I think I'll do a small haul on Taobao once I have more of a general idea of where I want my wardrobe to go. Right now everything looks so beautiful to me and I want it all, I know realistically it wouldn't be very cohesive, hah. I'm checking secondhand constantly, I just haven't seen anything that really grabs me yet. But that's a good idea!

>> No.8070043

>>8068277
>causing car accidents on purpose or other incidents
>fetish

jfc please tell me that isn't true

>> No.8070046

>>8070043
There's a movie about it (Crash). I don't know how grounded in reality it is.

>> No.8070053

>>8070031
Exactly, he knew that I struggle sometimes but I've never gone in depth about it. Because people try to help and they say something like that with the best of intentions but they just don't get it .
But you're definitely right anon. Some days are just gonna be harder than others, but sometimes that reminder that we deserve to eat and enjoy food just like anyone else can make a big difference.

>> No.8070056
File: 32 KB, 426x320, unnamed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8070043
Reminds me of Clara of Drawn Together.

>> No.8070387

where were you when moot was kill?

>> No.8070420

weh

>> No.8070436

>>8070039
Even when you don't have an ED getting people to wrap their head around the fact it's your opinion about yourself that's the important thing, not other people's is really difficult. Sometimes it helps to tell them to stop being so self centred, your issues revolve around you, not them.

>> No.8070470
File: 88 KB, 535x577, manface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finally get xkit
>learn about tag reader
>get curious about what people say about my lolita outfits
>for some reason, pictures of me looking the worst get reblogged a lot?
>check tagreader on said pictures
>people say that I'm a cute brolita
>mfw I'm female

Any tips on how to appear more feminine? I have a long face. the way my wig works can either make me look manly or adorable.

>> No.8070480
File: 450 KB, 400x294, tumblr_nb5ftd4N4M1s97aado1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8068277

>> No.8070489

Just started planning another trip to Japan. Hopefully I'll get to go to Winter Comiket this year. I'm feeling so pumped about saving money and paying off the last of my debt. Just got to keep my budgets in check.

I need to think about cosplay plans.

>> No.8070561

>>8070387
>tfw you want to write him a thank you note from the heart, but afraid it'll get lost in the sea of "3edgy6you" emails
>tfw you've lived long enough to see the end of an era

God speed Mr. Poole.

>> No.8070569

>>8070470
Ah anon I'm sorry but your story made me giggle. I know the feeling though, my face can look quite manly too, especially combined with my linebacker shoulders. Contouring can help! There are lots of tutorials out there you could have a look at and try out to see what works for you. (also I have to say it's pretty rude of people to tag you as a brolita)

>> No.8070580

>>8070387
At school in a room full of people on a chinese cartoon website on a board dedicated to dressing up as chinese cartoons.

Eat a dick mootykins

>> No.8070596

>>8070470
Search for make up for drag queens.
I'm not implying that you might look like a man, it's just that drag queen try to look more femenine with make up

>> No.8070603

>>8069068

If you want to travel to other European countries (and you're European) you don't need a passport, you can cross borders with your ID. So it's really not that weird for Europeans not to have their passports cause they need to have their ID anyway and can use it to travel around Europe.

>> No.8070607

>>8069068
I think you're mixing up passports and ids.

>> No.8070622

>>8070561
so, uh, does anyone else kinda wanna put together some kind of fanbook thank you project from the board? I know lolitas have done some for brands before, so like those but with less reverence and appreciation for design and more drama and shitposting

>> No.8070649

>>8068486
I-I'm gonna confess to him this weekend wish me luck /cgl/
>>8069428
I don't think so, he isn't even that active. Also he has been making a lot of friends from /cgl/ recently so he can't exactly guess which one I am.
>>8070032
That would be difficult as he lives abroad and I can't just go "hey why don't you go to your country someday and meet up" yet, I think it's a bit too early.

>> No.8070651
File: 38 KB, 643x425, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw military lolita
>shooting m4 all day
>filthy and exhausted
>so not kawaii
Once I finish cleaning my weapon and I'm released I'm running home to shower and I'm browsing cgl/having a long night of shopping therapy. Too faced semi sweet chocolate palette, here I come!

>> No.8070656
File: 802 KB, 800x900, bigboss.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8070649
>confess to him this weekend
Don't spaghetti and tell him that you love him. Good luck anon-chan

>> No.8070658

>>8070651
You should dress up and post pics with your guns, /k/ would love that.

>> No.8070661

>>8070651
What country are you in?

>> No.8070663

>>8070649
2cute
Good luck, anon!

>> No.8070676

>shyness+social anxiety+no self-confidence make me wish I could be invisible
>in love with lolita fashion which is about as understated as a 6ft tall naked guy covered in golden glitter
A-at least I am slowly developing the courage to wear the fashion daily. Being a lone lolita is sad at times.

>> No.8070690

>>8070596
I do that already, still have a lot to learn I suppose. I need hair that suits my face mostly. I'll try the hair threads, but as we know, /cgl/ sometimes gives out dumb advice. they told me straight cut bangs would make me look cute and what do you know, I look like a brolita.
>>8070569
glad you got a laugh at it. I was hoping my picture would make someone smile. I wish I was into classic instead of sweet, so my long face could look elegant.

>> No.8070760

Not /cgl/ related, but fuck it.

>Studying Philology.
>Follow this girl on Twitter that's studying to be a translator.
>Girl constantly complains about how stupid philologists are and how "omfg we gonna steal all ur jobs all u can do is teach lolol"
>We could do her job and even more.

I'm so tired of this "lolol philologists are only teachers" bullshit. I know translators that came from a philology degree, and most of us do multiple languages.

>I do three languages at Uni (language + literature of said languages)

>> No.8070842
File: 32 KB, 236x314, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8070658
Unfortunately I don't have any guns of my own, these ones are issued for training purposes or I totally would
>>8070661
I'm in the US
>tfw trying to find good loli pics with trigger discipline to post is like finding a needle in a haystack
why must I cry

>> No.8070845

>got a new OP
>loved it in photos
>hate it in person thanks to the fit
>doesn't even match anything else in my wardrobe
>probably can't sell it for what I paid

This is my fifth main piece but the first I've ever disliked. Three of the others I'm totally in love with, and the fourth I think is cute enough to keep, so this is kind of a huge downer. Oh well.

>> No.8070851

>>8070690
manface'd anon here, long straight hair ( or long hair in general it seems ) tends to do us little favors. bangs look terrible on me unless they're cut upside-down U shape so they blend into the hair at the side's of my face and get rid of the harsh edges. i find that side hair that stops at my jawline makes me look a little more feminine, but anything longer than that and it fucks me up. i wear either short wigs with a bit of volume, or if i have long wigs, i have to keep them in low twin braids, or pull the hair back behind my ears. sometimes that helps.
i've been struggling with sweet hairstyles with curly clip ins. i either have to wear them low like fluffy beagle ears, or really high up with the excess hair pinned to create poof balls. either way, the hair at the sides of my face have to stop around my jaw, or be thin enough that the hair doesn't crowd my face. if it does, i have to throw on a headband to get that separation.
i'm slowly realizing i may have to give up on sweet and turn what i have into something a little more classic, or keep falling backwards into goth, but i hope at least some of what i've said is somewhat helpful and doesn't sound pants on head retarded.

>> No.8070863

> No upcoming cons in SoCal
> Guy friend leaving, no more penis
> Lonely and bored all around
> Nothing to look forward to

Why can't there be good cons between ALA and Fanime?

>> No.8070905
File: 206 KB, 573x574, 20141022_144545-1-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8069182
I just want a tiny waist so that I look like I have hips. I'm 5'1", an inverted triangle, and generally wider than average except in the hip department. Pic related

>> No.8070912

>>8070470
I doubt you look that manly. A lot of lolitas are overly critical and think anything but a stereotypical cutesy asian like face is manly.

>> No.8070913

>>8070905
Is that you? It looks like you have hips / really nice body shape?

>> No.8070925
File: 48 KB, 333x286, tumblr_inline_n12v09bAl01rtjdpr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My LARP community is so fucking stupid I am constantly lost for words, I don't know why I still hang around. Everybody has a problem with something "boohoo I can't afford armor it should be illegal" "Waahhh I don't know how to dress for a larp so why can't I wear jeans and a metal hoodie" "bawww girls should get hit softer because we're delicate flowers" "I can't believe that I can't make a sword from a fishing rod with a pool noodle wrapped around it, this is so unfair! so unfair for poor people!"

I just want to leave and burn this community to the ground, but I'd miss all the friends I've made...

>> No.8071021

>Buy a Baby Bolero with two cherries at the logo
>Put it away because I have no matching stuff, but wanted it so bad because I love mint
>Buy otks and a ring with cherries on them during the AP sale
>Be super pleased with myself
>Want to try it all on today with a solid pink jsk
>Realize there never were any cherries on the bolero
>It was strawberries all along

>> No.8071029

>>8070925
I used to do AMTGARD for years and the same thing happened with my community. Hardly anyone would wear garb, their weapons were highly illegal, and everyone was shit and didn't take their shots. Me and the other two leaders of our land just said "Fuck it" and left. It was kind of fun to watch a bunch of noobs try to put it back together though.

>> No.8071034

>>8069224
mah shameful nigga

>> No.8071041

>Be a curvy girl
>Love to cosplay guys
>Have hips for days
>No matter how much I bind or try to straighten my silhouette out those fucking hips

I will never be the sexy man I want to be

>> No.8071056

>>8071041
>Be a real life Bishonen
>love the vast fashion options girls have over guys
>have shoulders for days
>Don't even work out, but silhouette still has shoulders stick out

Want to trade?

>> No.8071061

>>8071041
>iktf
I will never be plugsuit Shinji.

>> No.8071128

>>8071041
Do you

Do you have any pics

>> No.8071317

>>8071041
>tfw birthing hips
>tfw boxy hips with violin deformity
>tfw just want a nice, smooth curve
looks like it's going to be leg lifts and lunges all day erry day for me.

>> No.8071324

>>8071317
You can't fix it, believe me I've tried everything. I used to think it was a defect from wearing too tight genes, lel

>> No.8071358
File: 454 KB, 250x225, Jumpbitch.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy item off LM
>email seller and pay within hours of buying
>wait for email on shipping...
>it never comes
>...
>...
>TWO WEEKS later I email seller, apologizes and says she doesn't even remember the sale says she will invoice me immediately
>show her proof that she already has invoiced me and I paid promptly
>ask when she will ship item again
>no response for another three days
>still waiting on response

What is going on I am just so done right now. I have never had anything like this happen before. I want my damn thing that I paid for...

>> No.8071374

>>8070017
Once the tracking shows charges have been decided, you can ring up with the tracking number and pay that way!

My feel - there's a dress in my wardrobe that I love, but it was bought for me by my ex. We broke up because he was cheating on me, and he told me that he would kill himself and it would all be my fault. I can't see myself wearing it again (I'm trying to get all traces of him out of my life) but I don't know what to do in case I regret selling it in the future.

>> No.8071412

>>8070905
>please give me attention

>> No.8071427

>>8071041
>>8071061
>Boxy body from front view, girly sloped back/butt from side
>Thick thighs + curvy legs
>No waist definition for Asuka or Rei, too girly legs for Shinji
This is my suffering.

>> No.8071432

>>8071358
Make sure you don't leave it too long, so you can still file a paypal claim if you need to. Maybe start a dispute.
Definitely give her bad feedback.

>> No.8071437

>>8071427
>what is a corset
>what is waist training

>> No.8071452

>>8071432
Its been 20 days. I will file by the end of the week.. this is all very disappointing.

>> No.8071455

>>8071437
I'm currently a broke student.
Someday my dreams of having a small waist will come true.

>> No.8071488

>>8071455
lmao if you can afford to cosplay you can afford to buy a corset gg

>> No.8071498

>>8070851
There have been times I look adorable in sweet, and those times I've used my natural hair- which I have no bangs and its curly. no bangs, or sideswept bangs look best on me.

curly hair seems to frame my face really nicely. I wouldn't give up on a style you love just because you feel discouraged by how you look. you never stop learning when it comes to lolita.

>> No.8071703

>>8067471
Had to look it up. JFC, you're right.

>> No.8071926

>>8071029
I'm curious if it's my comm or if it's a global problem with people who seem to only attend to whine and complain about their financial/personal problems. I put a lot of work and money into my faction and have so much armor that I bought and high quality costume that I made at my disposal but eh...I just have the passion to beat people with foam anymore

>> No.8071948
File: 148 KB, 500x400, mfw every single time.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Anime hombre friend ask me to get some stuff for him when I bring up Hello Kitty Cafe/Monogatari goods in Animu con conversation.
>I'm leery (but I did this before online and it turned out ok,) plus he said he would pay for everything.
>I told him I'll pay for shipping since I'm buying some goods too for future anime con/swag faggot. ONLY SHIPPING. I express this several times.
>He gives me around $70. I told him I don't know the final price but he said it's cool and would give me more later.
>One of his items I can't get with a FS because it's 'special.'
>Gets everything using an SS and it cost more than what he sends to me in deposits.
>Never using this SS again but I show him proof and he said he would send me more.
>All he has to pay is like 2000-3000 yen in difference and I can ship it directly to his house instead of to my house then to his house.
>Everything is cool until we get into a big argument over stupid shit, i.e. him bitching about The Fruit of Grisaia, how it ruined his waifu and his life, worse anime ever and still bitching about Ore Imo's incest ending and how his best girl didn't hook up with the main character.
>I don't give a fuck about it and I try to change the subject. He gets mad and talks about smoking weed/punching someone and I try to calm him down. So being petty he starts bringing up my personal shit.
>Makes fun of me being abused by my ex bf like it's not a big deal.
>"You're just a dumb ass, blah blah blah, it's your fault,"
>"Fuck this I'm not being your friend any more. I don't talk down about your personal stuff."
>Tell him to pay for his shit so I don't want to bother with him because he's toxic
>Changes tune. He's not really apologetic, goes "Shit happens I'm sad that we can't be friends anymore" and doesn't even understand why I'm mad.
>Doesn't want to pay the balance.
>Doesn't want to pay unless we be friends again.
>mfw

It's my fault for trusting this guy but I did this before no problem so why is he such a douche bag.

>> No.8071950
File: 180 KB, 600x900, red_team_forever.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8071128
I'm the one on the bottom. Now that I've been working out more my butt and thighs are just more muscular and more defined though. :L

>> No.8071990
File: 189 KB, 738x738, 1333066055504.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8071948
>unironically whines about waifus
>why is he such a douchebag
You have to ask?

Eat the cost of what he owes you, give him his crap, cut ties, and get better friends. 3000 yen ain't shit.

>> No.8072015

>>8071948
Sell his shit on ebay. You can make back the 3000 yen difference.

>> No.8072016

>>8071452
What did you buy anon?

>> No.8072044
File: 41 KB, 120x180, Junpei_(3).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8072015
I told him I would sell his shit if he doesn't pay me back before the grace period (I'm using ShoppingMallJapan.) He promised he would pay it (again, more bullshit) but kept making >:( and stupid emotes via facebook messages. Plus I know he's being a douche because he posted about buying Steam sale shit and Blazblue.

>>8071990
He actually owes me more than that. I had to pay like 3000 yen plus shipping, which is like 1800 yen or so. So I might be out around $50+. All for a fucking Monogatari limited edition strap and a towel. The ones here: http://www.parco-art.com/web/other/exhibition.php?id=719

I have the same expression anon. I don't know why I put up with his ass. He's a fat neckbeard who only talks about his "Monogatari loli vampire waifus." Hell he even hit on me even though I told him I'm not into guys like him.

>Mfw all I bought was Joypolis stuff and it was cheaper than this shit. And it's rarer!

>> No.8072048

>>8072044
Send him copies of the ebay listings. You don't have to be a dick about it though - if you make back more than the $50 you can give a little bit of the extra back to him, since he did at least start paying

>> No.8072054

>>8072048
Sorry if I'm so angry. This guy just pisses me off and I needed to vent. I was only his friend because I'm a nice person and everyone else makes fun of him in the anime community because he does shit like I mentioned with his animes. I'm the dumb anon that wanted to help a girl I just met on Youtube with an anime con with $50. I like Monogatari as well as Guilty Gear so we have a few things in common but that was the last straw.

>To make it worse he claimed that I should have a waifu because I'm bisexual
>Lol wut

>> No.8072076

>>8072054
Just do it. Don't make a profit off him, but don't lose money to an asshole. Seeing the listings might make him move his butt, plus at least if he hates you for it you'll never ever have to be friends or put up with him ever again

>> No.8072094

>>8072054

I think you're more than allowed to vent about this guy. Feels posts don't normally make me mad, but I'm seething over here.

Good you dumped his sorry ass (as a friend). He needs to realise that his shitty personality is the reason why he's alone.

>> No.8072095

>>8072044
while I'll agree with his taste in loli vampire waifus I don't agree in what he wanted to purchase

>> No.8072097

>>8072054
being nice is fine, but man anon, you need to grow some protective thorns. stop extending your hospitality to people that don't deserve it, especially when money is concerned. i'd do what >>8072076 suggested if you feel up to it, but i wouldn't do anything deliberately malicious. you don't need bad karma, especially not from someone with such shitty values.

>> No.8072101

>>8072095
>>8071948
>Ore Imo's incest ending
>while I'll agree with his taste in loli vampire waifus
I don't even understand how people can be pissed off about that.
This is an anime that is literally called "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute". How fucking retarded do you have to be to not know it's an incest show that will inevitably end in - surprise - incest?

>> No.8072179
File: 119 KB, 800x533, 29.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8070925
>>8071029
>>8071926
Are you 'Murricans?
I've considered getting into LARPing. Since I live on the border with Germany I'd want to join one of their amazing LARP groups, but I feel too intimidated to even try. I can't really imagine anyone being shameless enough to walk up to dudes like this and go "I can't afford armour so yours should be illegal" or demand they should be allowed to run around with a pool noodle.

>> No.8072206

I hate when all the seagulls go to bed.

>> No.8072217
File: 301 KB, 681x800, Tetsukuri-no-Lolita-Fashion-Otome-no-sewing-BOOK-6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>looking through Otome no Sewing volume 6
>fuck yeah tartan
>mother walks by
>"Anon are you going to make that dress? It's very pretty! Make sure to alter the pattern to fit you, though."
>tell her that listed measurements for size M match me perfectly, so I don't have to alter anything
>"That can't be true. The girl in the picture is a little child!"
>I'm pretty sure Midori is in her early twenties or at least 18+
>"Don't be silly anon, that's clearly a very young girl."
>she's really not, mom
>"Of course she is. Look at her. You'd have to be crazy to think she's a day over 14."
>give up

>> No.8072229

>Moot's leaving
>I don't know why but I'm emotionally upset
>Filthy cross boarder for years
>/a/, /v/, /vr/, /ic/, /cgl/, /toy/, and long ago /b/
>I'm not going to leave you behind 4chan
>I will sink with this ship

>> No.8072231
File: 539 KB, 446x582, kaz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>dad stole my hair clippers AGAIN
>fucking hell i need those
>my hair desperately needs cutting
>wigs need trimming
>scissors are in case with clippers

>confront dad who had them last and never puts shit away
>(and its always our fault if he cant find something)

>"dad where are my clippers"
>"iunno lol"
>"dad stop stealing my shit"
>"dont be like that to your father young man"
>"ok but can you at least put them back in my room when you're done so i know where they are"
>"THEY'RE NOT YOURS ANON"
>"yes they are? they were bought solely for me?"
>*grunt* "they're not yours now fuck off and leave me to my goldrush/auction hunters/deadliest catch/moonshiners/etc"

tl;dr my dad is an entitled shit, i need new clippers, and suggestions are welcome

this sounds petty, but you have to realise its this way with almost everything he borrows. and he never asks permission. i've had food go missing. ive had to actually hide my fabric scissors so he stops cutting tape and paper with them. he thinks because he's the father he's automatically entitled to everything in this house

>inb4 move out
theres no point, we basically live like housemates not family (except for when my father tries to win arguments/use my shit), its too expensive, i physically cant and my mother is heavily pregnant so im going to be here helping.

>> No.8072235

>>8072231
>buy new clippers
>hide in your room between your underwear
>never leave them laying somewhere he sees them
>pretend you don't even have new clippers

Just do it like all the teenage girls hiding their condoms.

>> No.8072239

>>8072217
This reminds me to be thankful for some of the things my mother is actually cool about. I got vol. 4 and vol. 6 sent to me at my parents' place, and my mother flicked through and went on about bad fabric choices, all that lace, and the "terrible styling" in the "they all look like children!" way, but then went on to ask me whether I could get her some magic Asian skincare products to help her look younger and whether there was a good jacket pattern in there. She's warmed up to me buying things online, since she borrowed a couple of jackets I bought (Atelier Pierrot and BPN), but she still isn't convinced about "the amount you pay for those puffy dresses with the wide straps".

>> No.8072262
File: 452 KB, 440x330, princessu.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just bought my very first dress! It's not very rare or expensive but I got it at a great price and it's so beautiful and by one of my favorite brands and I just needed this so badly. I've felt so crappy lately and I've been looking at dresses forever and was so nervous to buy one and I'm just. So happy.
I can't wait to put together a coord and then hopefully soon I can meet my local comm! I want to cry, this is the best feel.

>> No.8072283

>Have great friend who is into cosplay
>Teach her basics about sewing, go to contests with her, go to a ton of cons together
>Suddenly she ditches me and is not my friend anymore
>Ok
>Still friends on facebook, she started sewing lessons
>Starts acting like almighty goddess of cosplay
>Bitch, if it was not for me you would not know anything or anyone
>Plus, she's fat and has an unfortunate face

Waiting eagerly for her to be posted on a bad cosplay thread.

>> No.8072286

>>8070760
tbqh if you are doing multiple languages at once you probably won't be nearly as good at either of them in the future compared to someone who only does one

t. experience

>> No.8072289

>>8070603
Don't you travel outside of the EU though?

>> No.8072301

>>8072239
My mother actually quite likes the clothes, except for the really sweet stuff. She thought the outfits on the cover and the tartan patterns were pretty. For some reason she just got bent out of shape about the idea that a person who has already gone through puberty can look as youthful as Midori. She also once accused a woman who claimed to have a 63cm waist of lying because according to her it's impossible for a grown woman to have a waistline like that. It wasn't until I went and got a tape measure to show her my own 64cm waist that she calmed down a little. And even then she immediately told me to eat more because "that's not natural!"
I don't know where she gets these ideas from. She's relatively slim herself, for a woman in her fifties.

>>8072262
That's great, anon! You feel that feel.

>> No.8072312

>>8070603
Only if your country has a national ID, though. Bunch of them don't.

>> No.8072331

>>8072301
Haha that is weird. My mother is pretty health conscious (dietitian, plus we have lots of family history of heart disease) so freaks out at the smallest sign of abdominal fat on herself and anyone else on the family. Her current refrain is "you shouldn't have muffin top, you're only in your 20s..." which leads on to her blaming her children for "ruining" her hips and abdominal muscles.

>> No.8072332
File: 42 KB, 603x340, 1420234216992.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>straightening wig with boiling water
>accidentally pour over hand
>dont even react
>finish the wig
>place ice pack on hand

cosplay: causing people to disregard their own safety for the sake of a costume since 1980

>> No.8072340

>>8072231
Install a lock on your door you tard. On the outside, only lock it when you're not in there.

>> No.8072368

>>8072331
Has she tried crunches and situps?

My mom started going to the gym regularly when she retired, and now she's got some serious definition in her arms and tummy.

>> No.8072370

>>8072332
Ice ain't good for burns.
>sage for ot

>> No.8072374

>>8072368
It's not her she's worried about, it's me she goes on about... She gets upset because she can't do backbends and walkovers any more (in her mid-50s!), isn't as flexible and can *only* hold a 2 minute plank (hence the 'ruined' abdominal muscles)

>> No.8072378
File: 26 KB, 262x400, hang in there kitty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8072370
>put a max bid on an item via japonica for 54000 yen
>they send me a deposit bill of 55826
>pay it
>item ends at only 51000
>team sends me email about package declaration
>say declare full value
>then send me a commission fee email of 1530 yen
>I'm thinking yeah that's nice but that still only accounts for 52530 of the 55826 I sent
>I guess I'm waiting for the shipping fee next
>but still that's like $28 floating around
>tfw money stuff makes me so anxious

>> No.8072379

>>8072378
Er, don't know why I quoted burn person but ignore that...must be that anxiety.

>> No.8072380

>>8072374
She sounds like those insecure middle aged moms that can't accept that they're not young anymore and things that they used to be able to do are becoming limited. Maybe she should talk to somebody about her feelings.

>> No.8072384

>>8072370
nah this burn was fine with ice. no blistering, only a little surface redness. sounds worse than it was. i've burnt myself often enough to know when to dunk it in water or put an ice pack on it.

>> No.8072385

>>8072206
me too anon.

>> No.8072386

>>8072229
Moot leaving is a good thing.

>> No.8072388

>>8072386
moot's still going to be on the board probably, because I'm going to assume 4chan has one. He'll still earn money but he just won't be doing anything with the site anymore, probably because he has another job. idk.

>> No.8072389

>>8072231
>Dads stealing shit
Is this a dad thing? When I was in school, he would always use my pens/pencils when I left them out for homework, then stick them in his shirt pocket after he was done.
He would put everything in his pocket on his dresser at the end of the day, and had a hoard of my pencils there.

>> No.8072391

>>8067302
That Captain America lolita outfit is actually kind of cute.

>> No.8072450

>First con for me this August
>Friend who does Jojo cosplay is making a Brando Dio cosplay
>She says in the past years no one can do Dio properly.
>Tfw I'm gonna be the best Dio there and slide in them panties.
>Tfw I have converted to be both /fit/ and /cgl/ because of her

>> No.8072455

>>8072389
Sounds like a "parents who think they own everything in the house" thing. When I still lived at home my mother would regularly use my shit without asking. At some point I managed to convince her to stay out of my room when I wasn't there by messing around with her workplace while she was in the bathroom and showing her what it feels like. Passive aggressive as shit but when words don't work...
After that she still borrowed my clothing by taking it from the line, though. I either had to watch the washing machine like a hawk and grab all my stuff as soon as it was finished or be okay with getting things back slightly stretched out. I love my mom, but moving out was the best decision I ever made for my wardrobe.

>> No.8072457

>>8072286

Do you know how many languages translators are required to do? At least in my country, they learn 3 to 4 languages during their degree.

>> No.8072483
File: 64 KB, 185x356, tumblr_inline_ne1nqfmSEq1qcclxc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>taobao order arrives today
>marked down considerably, but still have to pay customs
>don't have 60 euros laying around in cash
>now have to wait for package again

Fuck this country and its ridiculous customs regulations.

>> No.8072526
File: 112 KB, 500x281, 1405782003555.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8072483
>having to pay customs in cash
Dutchfag?
I've started just having ~€100 laying around the house in €50-20 bills and small change just in case, because usually as soon as I find out how much they're charging me the package is already underway and if I go out to get money it might arrive when I'm not home.
>tfw fee is something like €54.17
>tfw delivery dude won't accept €55.00 and leaves, taking my package with him

>> No.8072528

>>8072526
>*€5-20 bills
derp

>> No.8072541

>>8072526
Yep, I think it's us a lot of the time with the customs horror stories. But yeah, that's smart, maybe I should've taken precautions too.

>> No.8072570

>>8072483
I hate customs with a passion.
> buy 2 dresses on LM
>1 from HK one from USA
>have HK one sent out first since the post is going to take longer (10-12 days)
>pay for express on USA Item so it gets there around the same time.
>HK arrives early.
> ok not to bad where is the USA one?
>check tracking.
>stopped by customs 2 days before its due to arrive according to tracking.
> i'm sure they won't take more then 2 days to look at a dress..
> 4 days later check tracking.
> payment for customs required.

damn it.. it should have been here 2 days ago but as usual customs stops it and fleeces me for money.

I really hope they put it as a gift or I will have to pay tax and the stopping fee on top...

>> No.8072572

>>8072526
times like this makes me glad the royal mail at least had the bright idea to have online customs payments

>> No.8072582

>>8072572
I have no idea why ours don't do this tbh. How is it a better option to have the delivery workers walk around with cash money everywhere?

>> No.8072629

Caught up with doctor who and I love the new doc.
I fucking knew those tumblrites wouldn't give two shits about Doctor Who if it wasn't a handsome young man.

>> No.8072711
File: 739 KB, 400x304, tumblr_mvm8jt6DEw1rwcmrwo1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ugh I'm having some feels right now.

Last year I had been growing out my hair, and it was almost long enough to reach my boobs. Sometime around October last year I randomly decided to get a short bob hair cut and I am regretting it so much now. I just can't fucking wait till my hair grows longer again.

This happens every fucking time I get a hair cut and I still don't learn, and always go and cut it short.

>> No.8072858

>>8072262
What dress? Your excitment is so sweet! I've been feeling the same way lately. I hope things go well with your comm!

>> No.8073285

> new school at which I don't really know anyone
> met this guy a few days ago
> he volunteered at the same con I volunteered at?
> getting friendly
> but deathly afraid of dropping my spaghetti everywhere
I suck at getting to know people. Today, the conversation was getting awkward so I pretended I had to leave and ended up waiting half an hour in the cold for the bus. Seagulls, please teach me how to be a socially competent person.

>> No.8073766

>>8073285
>show cleavage
>smile a lot
>talk anime or mange or what ever is your mutual interest.
>If you think he's warming up to you, cuddle up to him.

>> No.8074556
File: 56 KB, 640x480, 20-reeveohno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw remembering /cgl/ before women infested it

>> No.8075081

>>8073285
It's only awkward if you think it's awkward.
If you want legit advice I guess don't try to force it.
Not the friendship, you're already on your way there, I mean stuff like jokes or conversation topics.
Stuff like that works best when it comes naturally, like right now.

Now if you're seeking a RELATIONSHIP that's a whole other story sister.

>> No.8076653

>>8071926
>I'm curious if it's my comm or if it's a global problem with people who seem to only attend to whine and complain about their financial/personal problems.
it's a US thing mostly although I heard sweden started to have too many SJWs too