[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 59 KB, 550x690, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7997446 No.7997446 [Reply] [Original]

Keep on feeling bretheren

>> No.7997450
File: 1.66 MB, 500x298, tumblr_nfqivfNbxs1r2th4ro1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Shit is going to hit the big royal fan in my lolita comm and circle of friends.

I got nothing to do with this but I'm going to go under the ground and hide for a while until everything calms down so I won't be pulled all over the place and forced to take sides I don't care for.

>> No.7997453

>Waiting for AP bag in the mail for a while now
>Post lady comes by with it
>Hit by customs (not too bad, around $25)
>I don't have cash or credit so she is going to drop it off at the post office for me before 4:00
>All I can focus on is the fact that it was wrapped in a squished bubble envelope

Holy shit I'm so nervous to open it

>> No.7997461

.live in giant apartment building
>get slip for package
>packages are always there after 12pm because my package delivery guy is early(8am usually)
>go to get packages regularly
>go at 2pm get told package is not there by a worker who I don't usually see
>she starts getting uppity at me since the slip was just given to me today
>starts talking about how it's not going to be available till tomorrow
>come home and call post office not 10 minutes later
>package was there the whole time

That dumb bitch didn't even check did she? Mother fucker lying and shit. She probably just thought i was stupid which is why she kept pointing out the date on the slip.

>> No.7997481

My group won a costume contest that was judged by audience applause.

There are tons of people commenting on the facebook group saying how it's unfair how we won. I have this sinking depression that's starting to overcome me. Maybe we should have bowed out. Everyone on the facebook group is fawning over the 2nd and 3rd place contestants but are pretty much giving us the cold shoulder.

We didn't even get the full amount of the prize. But it's better than 2nd and 3rd who got nothing. Why do I feel so guilty?

>> No.7997531

This is literally the stupidest fucking thing, but I have kept really quiet about it and an anonymous place to vent sounds nice.

>hometown's local con has the worst cosplay contest ever
>after years of entering, offering feedback and still being mistreated, my friends and I decide to enter the contest one last time
>come up with a really goofy comedy skit, not taking anything serious at all as a sort of 'fuck you' to the staff
>skit is very very specific, based on a comedy routine we saw online and adding our own twists to make it fit the series
>we have almost every character from the series except one
>friend who came up with idea asks a younger cosplayer if she'd want to join since she cosplays as the missing character
>pitches her the idea, shows her the comedy routine and the girl seems to really like it, but gives us no answer
>con arrives, end up dropping the idea and putting it off due to lack of time and people
>enter with a different skit instead
>during roll call in the green room, look over to see the younger girl my friend asked and her entire group of friends
>they are carrying the exact set pieces from the comedy routine
>"It can't be..."
>It is.
>they literally do the entire skit we'd panned out, including the personal twists we had put to it and some other weeby ones
>the rest of our group is in the audience and is relieved that we never actually went through with it because it would have looked so bad on us
>talk to their group after
>the younger girl my friend told about it had basically gone to them, pitched it as her own original idea and lied about it
>none of the others know that she stole the idea from us
>we don't want to call her out because they ended up winning 1st Place Skit and the rest of the group was so happy
>get even more angry because (being young and inexperienced) they plan to take it to other conventions and enter it over and over into other contests

>> No.7997556

Feeling pretty bad.

Boyfriend keeps making me do sexual fetishes I'm not really cool with.

>> No.7997561

>>7997556
repeat after me: "no".
if he gives you shit for it, repeat after me: "goodbye".

>> No.7997579

Are there actually people on /cgl/ who cosplay past the age of 25? Because that shit is too pathetic to even think about.

You do realize you'll never compare in terms of looks to teen girls right?

>> No.7997582

>>7997556
lmao nigga that's a red flag for abuse gtfo
and don't give us the "but I love him too much!" bullshit. Another reason to leave if he givesyou shit, he never loved you he only wanted your body and how you wouldn't refuse anything.

>> No.7997585

>>7997579
I make my 24+ friends cosplay with me (I'm soon to be 19) but characters that suit their age so there's a contrast with me AND they actually fit the cosplay.

>> No.7997588

>>7997585
Still pathetic. Most guys aren't into old girls like that.

>> No.7997590

>>7997588

>implying people cosplay for guys

>> No.7997595

>>7997590
>kill la kill
>yoko
>powergirl

>> No.7997596

>>7997579
>>7997588
kill urself

>> No.7997597

>>7997588

I shouldn't get upset by this, I realize it's a troll but it still feels pretty shitty my husband's eye will already be wandering barely before I'm 30.

>> No.7997599
File: 160 KB, 500x500, tumblr_n80quzvmvE1qck9sro1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw your deviant cosplay fantasies will never come tru

>> No.7997602

>>7997561
repeat after me: stop trying to destroy other people's relationships.

>> No.7997604

>>7997588
>>7997579
>over 25
>old
You sound like you're legit 16.

>> No.7997606

>>7997595

I'm not saying cosplayers aren't attention whores because a lot of them are. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

>"Wow, I sure hope I attract some sweaty neckbeard weeaboo manchild while I wear this! Otherwise, what's the point?"

Keep dreamin', bud.

>> No.7997610

>>7997606
Attention is attention sweetheart, there are plenty of servicable men at cons that they want to get the attention of. Cons are basically normie central these days.

>> No.7997613

>>7997602
repeat after me: I want people to stay in abusive relationships

>> No.7997615

>>7997613
it's not necessarily abusive. we simply don't know.

>> No.7997618

>>7997588
>most guys aren't into old girls like that
>mfw they all have bf/gf and one is happily married

ayyyy

>> No.7997620

>>7997615
>bf is making me do sexual things im not cool with it
so what is it then?

>> No.7997621

If I order something in the EU to elsewhere in the EU, do I have to pay customs? pls say no

>> No.7997623

>>7997620
Just sounds like sex stuff to me, leave her alone, if her boyfriend is happy who are you to judge?

>> No.7997624

tired of everything seeming like a competition between groups.

>trends
>fandoms
>age
>sex
>websites
>attitudes
>preferences
>education
>job prospects
>medical treatment
>friendships/cliques

everything is political. every action, circumstance, discussion, taste. i'm done with people.

>> No.7997629
File: 17 KB, 280x280, 51EGzrmjgrL._SS280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7997623
seriously fuck off back to your containment board.

>> No.7997630

>>7997623
It's cool for the boyfriend to do shit she doesn't enjoy as long as HE'S happy?

>> No.7997633

sure smells like /r9k/ in here

>> No.7997634

>>7997620
Anon didn't tell the whole story.
>does he know she's not into them
>if so, is he still pressuring her into them
A lot of these issues comes from girls(or more shy partners in general) not speaking up or speaking out when they're uncomfortable, and then the other partner doesn't realize there's even an issue.

>> No.7997635

>>7997561
Already told him no, he doesn't exactly blackmail me but he tries to appeal to my sense of pity. Says it's what gets him off and that I should enjoy getting him off because I'm submissive (not really, he just likes the idea I am.

>> No.7997636

>>7997624
it'll stop being a competition when you stop giving a fuck, I'm serious. People who compete in those things do it out of their own insecurities.
>medical treatment
>attitudes
>preferences
>trends
wut

>> No.7997640

>>7997635
Do you realize it's only about him and he doesn't give a shit about your feelings

>> No.7997645

>>7997635

I'm not gonna tell you to leave him, but that is a red flag anon. Please try to talk to him about it and let him know how it makes you feel.

>> No.7997646

>>7997624
I agree here, it really pisses me off and is starting to ruin everything.

>> No.7997649

>>7997629

That's not very kind or feminine.

>> No.7997651

>>7997634 Here. From the sounds of >>7997635 she needs to leave.

Looks like your boyfriend doesn't like you but the ideal he has in his head with your face on it.

>> No.7997654

>>7997649
neither is your ma

>> No.7997657

>hanging out with friends
>awkward girl that nobody really likes tags along
>she literally can't keep a conversation about anything but her for more than a minute
>"Oh yeah, so-and-so's dad died two years ago today. I hope she's okay."
>"MY GRANDMA DIED."
>"I'd love to do commissions but I'm not really confident with my skills enough to do it yet."
>"I DO COMMISSIONS FOR FREE FOR MY FAMILY."
>"The new Sakizou artbook has a Persephone design where she's holding a pomegranate and it's so prett-"
>"I BOUGHT MYSELF A POMEGRANATE AS A TREAT THE OTHER DAY."

I'm not even exaggerating the way this sounds. She'd chime in about herself and talk over everyone else every time the topic was not about her. I feel bad because she has no friends and even the girl who brought her seems embarrassed by her. But god damn, it was such an exhausting social situation.

>> No.7997665

>>7997657

Not a girl - I'm a guy, so I don't really know female friend dynamics as well as you, but you seem like a bully.

I don't like bullies.

>> No.7997666

>>7997657
Don't feel bad, that's obviously why she has no friends.

>> No.7997667

>>7997657
>"I BOUGHT MYSELF A POMEGRANATE AS A TREAT THE OTHER DAY."
I leld

>> No.7997669

>>7997665
go back to /jp/

>> No.7997671

>>7997665
Women are bitches to each other brah, what do you expect?

>> No.7997674

>>7997636
>>7997636
>it'll stop being a competition when you stop giving a fuck, I'm serious. People who compete in those things do it out of their own insecurities.

i'll try to stay out of it.

>>medical treatment
>>attitudes
>>preferences
>>trends
>wut

>medical treatment
you know, people who don't believe someone is sick, people who have opposing ideas on how to treat something, people who need to one-up each other with tragedy stories, etc. hard to have a conversation about a sensitive subject when people need to preach their ideology or boost their ego.

>attitudes
"i approach X like this"
"i approach X like that"
"you are the devil!!"
people who have different attitudes about the same thing just can't accept that differences exist.

>preferences
sexual preference, preferences for brand vs off-brand, organic vs not, whatever. see above, but more like "stop liking what i don't like" rather than "stop approaching things in a different way than i would approach them."

>trends
"look who's jumping on the X bandwagon!"
"just a flavor of the month cosplayer."
"X is ruining cosplay/lolita/the world/my life."
"i don't admit i like Y because the fanbase is embarrassing."
"Y is dumb." (<--used to love Y before it got popular)

everything is made into a political stance, an "in" vs "out" group where one person separates themselves from a bunch of others based on superficial criteria, judging and antagonizing them because they fall into an arbitrarily-assigned "opposition" group. i don't get why these things have to be "opposition" parties.

>> No.7997675

>>7997461
Something similar happened at my apartment office one. The receptionist is an unfriendly cunt in general. She gave me the wrong package, so I brought it back and as I was asking her to check for another, she cut me off and told me it wasn't there. Go to the post office (local branch never answers their fucking phone) just to be told that it's marked as delivered, all they can do is ask the driver when he gets back that evening. I return and ask the receptionist again. The manager came out and found it sitting literally right behind the receptionist's desk. I was so pissed. Thank god this bitch is leaving soon.

>> No.7997679

>>7997665

I never said anything to her or acted rude in any way? I mostly just smiled and nodded the entire time because I don't know her that well. It was just exhausting because I'm not used to that level of awkwardness.

>> No.7997684

>>7997657
this is literally my greatest fear.
I'm always scared that I talk about myself too much, even when it isn't technically about me. I do it to relate, not because I think I'm interesting or anything.
>someone talks about something involving ancient ruins
>"OH IN MY COUNTRY WE HAVE LOTS OF CASTLES, AND RUINS FROM ROMAN TIMES EVEN! DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FELIX ROMULIANA?"
>someone talking about pubs
>"IN MY COUNTRY THE PUBS ARE REALLY SMALL AND MOSTLY FILLED WITH OLD PEOPLE PLAYING CHESS"
I just can't help it, small country syndrome I guess.
>>7997674
don't forget the "x is the fedora of y" and "tips fedora" if you say something out of the ordinary.

>> No.7997685

>>7997665

I'm a guy and it sounds fucking annoying to me.

>> No.7997689

>>7997646
let's just try not to get involved and to promote/engage in non-competitive interactions.

>> No.7997694

Found out I'm pregnant (I'm married). Really looking forward to being a mom. Would appreciate any advice.

>> No.7997696

>>7997684

Nah, I get you anon. I'm kind of the same way when it comes to trying to relate?
But said girl literally shouts out about herself while other people are talking or gets visibly angry/upset when conversations carry on and aren't about her. I've...never really witnessed anything like it, tbh.

>> No.7997697

>>7997657
I have a similar friend, only she'll chime in without regard to the situation. It will be just random stuff like she's changing the topic mid conversation to anything and everything about her.

>"hey how are you, anon?"
>oh, i'm good, my fri-
>"I WENT TO THE STORE EARLIER AND BOUGHT SOME REALLY GOOD SHRIMPS!"
>continues to talk about herself
>"do you like shrimp anon?"
>kind of, i us-
>"I REALLY WANT TO BUY TIGHTS OFF THIS WEBSITE BUT I'M NOT SURE THE QUALITY IS GOOD"
>these are our conversations every time

Please help.

>> No.7997699

>>7997697
Haha, that's sort of cute. Is she fuckable?

>> No.7997709
File: 67 KB, 275x275, mensrights.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7997665
>>7997649
>>7997699
>>7997623

I get this strange nagging feeling that this is all samefag...

>> No.7997711

>>7997697
>>7997684
>>7997657
from personal experience, those are usually the people who are starved of conversation and/or secretly lonely, or lacking friends with similar interests. I was like that. It's awkward, but what can you do. Literally eating up any opportunity to talk about something close to you as an attempt to connect.
Now I just don't talk to anyone.

>> No.7997713

>>7997697
Ugh, I hate those types of people. There was a guy who had a crush on me who only asked you how you were so he could go on about himself (even if you didn't ask him back) and wondered why people don't like him.

>> No.7997716

>>7997709
>That pic

Is this one of those embarassing feminist forced memes, like "privilege denying dude"?

>> No.7997718

>>7997694
Not cgl-related. Ask /adv/ or, probably more helpful, search google or call a women's health doctor for information.

>> No.7997724

>>7997716
>privilege denying dude
kek is that a real thing?

>> No.7997730

>one of my dream dresses pops up on LM
>I go on vacation over Christmas and cannot afford to spend that much money on a dress right now
>constantly check LM to see if anyone bid or hit the BIN
Why

>> No.7997737

>>7997711

From what I understand, the girl I mentioned was raised in a wealthy family and had the type of parents that encouraged whatever social behavior, no matter how unusual? I guess?
She has very few friends, but also works for a few conventions so she's at least around other people with similar interests pretty often. I dunno.

>> No.7997741

>>7997730
so you're pretty much saying
>i really want my dream dress but i'm planning on spending my money on other things
okay...

>> No.7997743

>want to try ouji before i get too manfaced and switch to aristo
>bills take all my money
>finding cheap 2nd-hand ouji is next to impossible

Ok, gotta lower standards and start smaller. Nothing wrong with being basic.

>> No.7997748

>>7997737
It could be that she was raised around people who would disinterestedly reply to anything she says with "uh huh, that's nice dear" and not actively engage in conversation.

>> No.7997749

>>7997531
Do you guys have transcripts or email records of the skit? That seems like a blatant use of plagiarism. I know you won't get any money off it, but that other group probably had no idea that that one girl ripped it off. That stuff is not acceptable in academia or art, and that girl should learn that lesson before she does it again in a more serious setting, like when filling out college applications or entering in artwork for online contests. (One college application committee got a wonderful essay about how ballet had such a powerful impact on the writer's life. It was so wonderful that two applicants had it. Neither got accepted.)

>> No.7997750

>>7997748

Yeah, that actually sounds pretty accurate from the things I've heard from people who know her better.

>> No.7997754

>>7997741
>so you're pretty much saying
>>i really want my dream dress but i'm planning on spending my money on other things
>okay...

I have no other choice since I need the money for the vacation for trips, food and other expenses, and I don't have enough money right now to buy this expensive dress and have a nice vacation.
I'll just have to hope no one else buys it I guess.

>> No.7997758

>>7997749

Sadly, no. All the planning was done in person and we never scripted it out past the video we based it on. One reason we can't bring it up is because we only have our word against them.
The other reason we don't want to say anything is that the rest of the group truly and honestly did not know. They're all really happy about winning 1st and we just don't want to ruin it for them.

>> No.7997760

>>7997453
Update: just got it, it's in fine condition and I love it so much. All that worry for nothing

>> No.7997764

>>7997750
Well, there you go.
If you grow up with people treating you like nothing you say has any impact on them and they don't care, you'll lose any filter you might have had and start almost voicing your thoughts because why hold it in, might as well get it off your chest since nobody cares anyway.
And later it's very difficult to get that filter functioning properly again.
I see it very frequently with friends and couples where one doesn't like to talk (ever), and the other one is the complete opposite and is very chatty.
Or when you put people from different countries in one room. In a group of Greeks and Finns, the Greeks won't shut up while the Finns will find them annoying, but the Greeks will find the Finns annoying buzzkills as well.

>> No.7997768

>>7997758
Diff anon, but I still think they deserve to know that their winning idea was stolen. I'd want to know, honestly.

>> No.7997771

>having a hard time finding employment
>need to get my tire on my car replaced
>that's just another $200 I owe my dad
>phone is breaking
>gonna have to start selling clothes in order to pay for some of this shit but I really don't want to
>sick all last week
>have missed a fuckton of school
>just wanna lay in bed and keep drinking

>> No.7997779

>>7997697
> mfw this is me

I'm sorry for being that person

>> No.7997781

>>7997764
>If you grow up with people treating you like nothing you say has any impact on them and they don't care, you'll lose any filter you might have had and start almost voicing your thoughts because why hold it in, might as well get it off your chest since nobody cares anyway.
>And later it's very difficult to get that filter functioning properly again.

another thing that happens is if you grow up in a house with a lot of people, you get in the habit of blurting things out as often/fast as you can or you'll never be heard over the noise. like a puppy fighting for food in a huge litter. even after it's adopted into a single-dog home, it takes a long time for it to stop eating everything it can shove down its throat as fast as possible. some habits are hard to break when they're ingrained from an early age.

for me, having people say to me, "can i finish?" made me embarrassed and i realized i was talking over them a lot.

if you point out you were talking when someone talks over you, and let them know you'd like to hear their story but once you're done so you don't forget yours, they hopefully will realize they won't "starve" if they wait their turn.

>> No.7997783

>>7997621
No, of course not.

>> No.7997789
File: 1.09 MB, 245x245, tumblr_ng31j3O5Iz1sg3vmpo6_r1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really wanna show my mum that "Style Out There" Harajuku Girls video but I'm so nervous. That video says so much about J-Fashion for me that I want to let my mum know, especially the bits about how J-Fashion isn't a mask, just a representation of who I am.

However, every time I try to bring up things that are important to me in the sense of culture or my likes, she just laughs them off or makes them seem small. Today, I tried to explain seriously why music is so important to me and she just started laughing half way through my talking.

I just want to explain to her but she won't listen and it's making me so frustrated.

>> No.7997792

>>7997789
Also, she always insists that my J-Fashion is a costume, no matter however hard I say it isn't. "No, it's a costume for you! It's not normal, it's a costume!" It drives me up the wall.

>> No.7997793

>>7997781
>>7997764
This is so true!
I'm French and my boyfriend is Dutch, and the way we communicate is so different.
Back home we (my family, friends and I) usually talk a lot, and use any pause to comment on things in the conversation, and we are very subtle when we want to say something so we kind of just imply it. And the "oh, today I did this and that" is just a conversation starter to us, because usually someone else will say "oh yeah? I did that too!" or "well I did this other thing" and it'd go from there.

But when I visited my boyfriend's family...
Everyone kept butting into everyone else's words, yet they didn't say anything at all. It was just silence and some short reply. It's funny, they were talking at the same time and then took 5 minutes saying nothing. And once his mother was talking and made a really long pause so I started saying something and she looked so insulted.
They're also really blunt and don't get when you're trying to imply something. When I tried to start a conversation later, I said "yesterday we went to the cine to see y" and they just looked at me and went "oh... really... that's nice..." and that was it.

>> No.7997795

>>7997768

I...honestly might tell their oldest group member if they really do attempt to enter it into other contests again. One of the conventions they had planned to perform it at is one where my friend is actually a judge (same friend that came up with the idea).

>> No.7997804

>>7997793
>tfw no french girlfriend

american girls are inferior.

>> No.7997808

>>7997793
> tfw dutch people now sound like conversational savages

Though honestly I've met families like that. Not my kind of people.

>> No.7997822

>>7997808
seriously though, my bf is really nice and a great person but it takes amazing amounts of strength to get him to hold a conversation, he's just so passive. By the time he says one sentence I could write a book, and I always have to ask "how was your day? did something fun happen? what did you have for lunch? was it boring?"
Not sure if it's cultural differences or him being a man. Back home men actually speak.

>> No.7997842

>>7997531

>want to enter the same skit in different contests

Uh...do they not know that is kind of a no-no...?

>> No.7997843

>>7997822
it's your man, trust me

>> No.7997847
File: 20 KB, 440x577, loris_double_sided_heart_shaped_handbag_2[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw ordered a handbag from Loris on taobao after stumbling on it through another site
>tfw ordered before looking through the rest of the shop
>tfw had no idea that they did a lot of replicas
>tfw really don't want to support replicas or be known as a replica-chan

Is pic related a known replica? I seriously thought it was just a generic heart handbag since it doesn't have any of the bows or embellishments you usually see on brand bags.

>> No.7997849

>>7997847
Err, knock off, I guess, since no label or anything. Idk, whatever the right term is, is it a rip off of a design or something so generic that I shouldn't be concerned?

>> No.7997851

>>7997847
Wasn't the original maker MILK? though tbh it's one of those bags I'd get the replica off because i believe the real things are pretty expensive for such a simple design

>> No.7997856

>>7997851
Fuck, man, that sucks. I'm not sure if I should feel bad since it's not at all some genius one of a kind design, though, it's just a heart. But I feel so bad supporting a replica, even if it wasn't intentional.

>> No.7997860

>>7997847
It's just a generic white heart bag, brands may have released their own white heart bag but it's not really a big deal anon. I might feel a little concerned if it said "insert brand here" on it, but otherwise it's just a basic item.

>> No.7997864

>>7997856
I'm not sure though, either way don't feel bad it's just a heart shape, even if it's a replica there wasn't much to replicate in the first place

>> No.7997865

>>7997860
I don't think it has any brand names printed on it. I guess I've just read gulls talking about how replica/knock off bags always look cheap and ruin the outfit, and I don't want that for my coords. I was going to add bows to try to make it a little less plain, but if it just screams knockoff, I don't know... I don't want to be that girl.

>> No.7997871
File: 26 KB, 396x385, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get over my hesitancy and finally order The Ten O'Clock Cinderella JSK from fanplusfriend and a lucky pack
>Lucky packs come in at 80-90 size
>Ask politely if it were possible to get all 90's.
>Expecting a no
>got an email this morning that they put in all 90's and shipped it today

>> No.7997876
File: 22 KB, 400x480, dollycrosslaforet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I saw these tights and it took a day and a half to even find out what they were called. Got that they were AP and from the Dolly Cross series.

Cannot find them even mentioned on the AP site. Dig like crazy and finally see they were for the Laforet Halloween thing.

Now just sad because I have no idea if there is any way to find a pair ever unless someone maybe puts them up on egl sales or Lace Market or something.

>> No.7997966
File: 426 KB, 500x281, 454656.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Girlfriend scored me a set of a manga that went out of print a long time ago
> Want to get her postcard sized prints of 12 of her favorite characters for Christmas
> All of them are from unpopular anime or some weird visual novel so I don't find anything ready made
> Gotta commission all of them
> Prices are ranging from $10-$30 each character
> That's no problem if the art is good...
> "Sorry, I can't do this because I don't know the character/there's too many of them!"
> Feel like buying something else for her is not as special
> I'm lying in bed now wishing that I can draw

>> No.7997981

>>7997579
And teens can never compare in terms of budget or construction. I don't even cosplay but you're probably male and/or retarded. 2/10 because I replied.

>> No.7998001

>>7997876
They were available to order on the site too, but sold out quickly. At least that makes them a little easier to find than event-only purchases.

>> No.7998053

>want to cosplay odile rue but none of my cosplay friends do pointe ballet to be my princess tutu
>want to cosplay the heart card from sakizo's alice's world but none of my cosplay friends do pointe ballet to be my spade card
>pointe shoe group cosplay dreams probably won't ever happen

>> No.7998366

I posted this in the other feels thread as well because I am an idiot.
This is vaguely cgl related... and I am sorry for being super fucking depressing but I just need to get this off my chest.
>have had mental health problems for a while
>have been seeing psychologist for them
>lately been feeling worse than ever no interest in cosplay or lolita at all
>bf (and only person I can actually talk to) just left for Japan for months
>tell my psyc that I care about nothing I used to any more and can barely get out of bed
>he basically brushes it off every week basically asking me "what do you want me to do?"
>bf messages me saying he will go to AP store and pick something out for when he gets back
>I tell him to not bother and he is clearly upset about this response
>only told him not to bother because I feel like I won't be here when he gets back and don't want him to waste the money

>> No.7998535

>trying to make my first cosplay
>fairly complex
>gets put on the backburner a lot but progress has been made
>start thinking about all the other stuff I have to do
>think about all the mistakes I've already made
>realise it's gonna be shit
>realise there aren't even any events to wear it to in my city
Why is everything so hard?

>> No.7998634

>tfw express mail carrier didn't even bother to get out of his truck to ring the door though I was home all day
>now I have to walk 3 fucking miles to the post office 'cause no available car to drive tomorrow

Normally I wouldn't complain, but it just snowed again today and hid the ice. Tomorrow's going to be interesting.

>> No.7998650

>>7998366
Why are you paying to see this asswipe? Find someone else.

>> No.7998677

>have a good friend of five years
>she's a social retard
>invites her to con room one year
>feels bad cause of how clueless she is
>first time in our room and she causes assloads of drama
>instant hate from my other friends
>i still feel bad for her
>lets her stay in con room once more
>she literally tries to date every single one of my male roommates in one weekend
>she's really awkward and unattractive
>i'm embarrassed as hell
>afterward i tell her she needs to stay somewhere else from now on
>she cries but finds another room
>next con rolls around
>she tries to hang out in my room at every opportunity she can get
>i let her chill for a few hours
>she snaps the fuck out on my friend for drinking and being loud in his own room that he helped pay for
>incomingdrama.jpg
>he is furious
>tells her to fuck off
>she starts bawling on the bed
>"i've got severe depression and i'm really sensitive to that kind of stuff"
>"if you're so sensitive, maybe you shouldn't act like such a fucking bitch"
>dead silence

We are not friends anymore because not only did she become obsessed with me, but I found out through another mutual friend she was lying to me about so much shit. The thing is, the friend she bitched out at the con is a really nice guy, but she just really got under his skin I guess. This story was one of the tamer ones, too....I have so many more, sadly.

>> No.7998686

>got an internship in mainland China

>I really like the company and the project it's working on
>I specifically emailed the head of the department to inquire about internship opportunities and they said there wasn't an official internship program but they would ask the main branch about taking me anyway

I'm excited, partially because of the internship and partially because I might finally also get the opportunity to travel to Japan & other places in (South-)East Asia. I just hope they actually pay me an American tier wage that isn't, like, 10 yuan per hour.

>> No.7998790

>>7998366
Please don't harm yourself. Talk to your bf about what you feel.
If you prefer talking to someone else, I'm ready to listen to you as long as you want.

I left my own bf for Japan for my studies. He's now facing some kind of depression and I'm so, so afraid every day that he's thinking about bad things. So I can relate to your story. Please talk to your boyfriend.

>> No.7998810

>be me, be into cosplay for a good few years now
>family doesn't really get it but don't really care since I don't bother them about it, spend my own money on my hobbies etc...
>sister is a teacher, her school doesn't celebrate halloween
>she wants to have a dress-up day for her kids later on in the year for fun and they won't get in trouble since it's not for halloween
>she's thinking of going as Elsa since all her kids are into Frozen
>"hey little sister, why don't you go as Anna? that might be cute"
>omg crying ugly tears on the inside because yes that would be cute and it's the closest thing to cosplay that we could share together
>too embarrassed to say yes right away, "yah okay...we'll see."

>> No.7998827
File: 373 KB, 1190x797, GUMI.full.392528.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>first time attending non-convention cosplay gathering
>have confidence in gear/technique, but hard to ask people to take pictures because most everyone are with friends/cliques
>spot a super cute girl cosplaying gumi (pic related)
>she's swamped by photogs and disappears for shoots constantly
>end of the day I have done 3 shoots, one of which was with a friend
>somehow catch her just around golden hour but as I call out to her to ask she turns around and I realize that she was eating some snacks
>immediately apologize, say "nevermind" and turn to walk away
>she stops me and insists that it's perfectly fine and says she's down for a shoot
>start talking to her while we look for a good place to shoot
>she's super down to earth and she really enjoys doing cosplay
>do everything humanly possible to not screw up the shoot
>somehow exchange facebook info and she specifically asks me to add her
>get home
>process pictures/upload them to flickr
>post link on gathering fb page
>look her up on fb
>private facebook account
>not a friend of friend = cannot add as friend

god. damn. it.

>> No.7998834

>>7998535
Anon the only way to get good at something is to be shit at the start. If you keep at it you'll get there.

>> No.7998842

>having spare money even though it's christmas
>"yay, maybe I can save for some lolita things!"
>buy wristcuffs, start looking for wishlist dresses
>sudden vet bills, kitty might need permanent treatment for ear infection
>sudden bill for car crash
>very small income this month due to illness
>bf is mad because we spent too much money on too much shit even though we're saving for moving out
>"At least we won't be in the red if we don't spend too much money on shit"
>guess I'll have to put my christmas money on savcing account
>no cute lolita dress for me
>but I also want to move out
>mfw I have really bad spending habits

I'm somewhere between "I work for my money so I deserve to spend it on my hobby" and "I really want to move out" but we end up spending it all on shit or sudden bills anyway.

>> No.7998844

>>7997657
I knew a girl who did this but it was always about her boyfriend.
>this literally happened, word for word:
>"haha I bought these skinny jeans but they're so hard to get on, I need to wriggle like a fish"
>"MY BOYFRIEND WEARS JEANS"
>"Oh anon your hair is so long how do you manage it? It's so pretty though"
"MY BOYFRIEND HAS SHORT HAIR"
>and so on
>it wasn't even a new relationship, she'd been with him for like a year
>we met him once and he was the most boring jeans-wearing short-haired guy on the planet

There's also another girl I know who can talk non-stop for hours. I once got stuck in a car with her for six hours and she talked the entire time. The only time it was quiet in the car was when she was outside going to the bathroom. I spaced out or slept for most of it but the parts I did listen to were all about her and how much she likes horse riding and making jam. She talked about jam for like an hour. It was super obvious no one cared but she just kept on going.

Sometimes I get anxious about being socially awkward but then I remember these stories and feel better. I'm not THAT bad, and they managed to have plenty of friends and be happy anyway.

>>7997808
>>7997822
I don't think it's a cultural thing, at least not for the entire country. My family in the south is extremely talkative and loud to the point where if there are five people in the room, at least four of them will be talking at the same time and the fifth is just quiet because they're thinking of something new to say to completely derail any semblance of a conversation that was going on. It's exhausting! Whereas my boyfriend's family is from the north west and they're perfectly capable of holding decent conversations except they have a ridiculously short attention span and change the subject every minute.
I think it's just your boyfriend in this case, not a nationality or gender thing. He and his family sound like very quiet people and you sound very talkative.

>> No.7998845

>>7998842
are you me
>spare money, in December
>chuck some into savings spend the rest on shit
>went to the doctor for a stomach issue a few months ago
>get a call: surprise anon! you're invited for a colonoscopy! but pay up €500 first lol
>I gotta pay five hundred euroshekels to have a camera up my arsehole
>Demon diarrhoea all day without being allowed to eat anything 24h before the "big event"
>Happy Christmas!

>> No.7998847
File: 182 KB, 250x188, 1412204238874.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7998845
Fuck anon, i'm really sorry that happened to you but i can't stop laughing holy shit

>> No.7998858

>>7998845
it's a shit feel when you work for your money and think you can finally afford some fun things but then real life issues come and slap you in the face.
And real life issues always cost a fuck ton of money.

>> No.7998863

>>7998858
yep, real pain in the arse
quite literally this time

>> No.7998877

All my feels are whiney babby ones but here goes.

>plan is to move out to live with bf in a year an a half
>need to save money
>good bye, hobbies

>got job a month ago
>don't like it; feels like I'm not getting the hang of it & it's really stressful
>Its feel really pressured by coworkers
>"you've been here a month and still havn't learned how to do x?"
>"what did they even teach you in that course?"
>wish I could go back to school for something else
>already taken 3 programs in different fields
>none of them have worked out

>been sick for a week and feelin' shitty about above
>mom tries to comfort me by reading "inspirational" quotes off facebook
>stop

>> No.7998890

I have a whole plethora of feels right now.

>Want to be independent from mother
>Our house has three generations of shit in it so it's really cluttered but some stuff is nice and I've been begging her to declutter
>she's in a wheelchair so moving isn't exactly an option
>WAIT WE HAVE A FLAT!
>flat has cork tiles
>and ugly green carpet
>I keep fish, would need to keep a fish tank on the carpet
>Want to make it a cute lolita home too
>But that floor/carpet
>and mum's inability to get rid of crap since that fills the flat too
>help.jpg

Atm I'm upstairs, but the carpet is like... this faded sort of maroon and really gross, so I could rip it up, but I'm so torn. Do I take the leap and deal with the ugly floor situation in the flat which can't be remedied, do I try and pull up the carpet upstairs to get to the (assuming) wooden floorboards, or do I tell her to suck it up and move?

I don't like where I live, it's too small, I feel I will never be able to join a com.

>CONFLICT.

I know I have more options and space than most lolitas and cosplayers here, but I still feel incredibly limited.

>> No.7998910

>can't sleep
>can hear brother downstairs
>can't tell if he's laughing or crying
>probably crying, why would someone be laughing in bed at 4 AM?
>feel bad

Oh, I mean, uhh..
>No money for kawaii lolita dresses

>> No.7998964

>>7998910
>probably crying, why would someone be laughing in bed at 4 AM?

Remembering that one stupid picture you saw on 4chan.

>> No.7998979
File: 19 KB, 398x398, 1349671224562.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>a friend I know is going to Japan soon
>she's working on her masters as well as me
>however she doesn't even work during school
>really, really jelly regardless of who's paying for her trip

>bring up Japan with my bf
>he's not a weeb in the anime sense
>loves more cultural stuff like shinto and food tourism
>he's really excited that I brought it up and says he wants to make it happen
>neither of us know where to really begin
>he does a vague travel adviser search for plane tickets
>$1600 roundtrip per person
>$3200 just for the plane traveling
>not to mention travel while staying, lodging, food, shopping expenses, plus probably someone to help guide us
>mfw
How the FUCK do people afford this shit? I think it would take me and my bf easily over two years just to save for this. Are peoples' parents just loaded or do they have rich partners? God damn.

>> No.7998985

>>7998979
Oh actually I just checked the plane prices myself and if we travel cross-state to the bigger airport it drops the ticket cost down to $1200 per roundtrip. Still though, god damn.

>> No.7998998
File: 74 KB, 562x960, 10850872_10152899965079530_237333830_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7998979
>How the FUCK do people afford this shit?
>Are peoples' parents just loaded or do they have rich partners?

Is this the thing that makes you realize what people mean by the "Haves" and the "Have nots"? Don't think too much about it - I'm sure you need to rush off to work.

>> No.7999013

>>7998998
Nah, just a midterm to pull out of my ass before noon, don't work until tomorrow thank goodness.
>tfw have all day to wallow in self-pity

>> No.7999018

>>7998834
I plan on finishing it, but I have a faint feeling I might have to remake it if I ever get not shit. I like the character too much.

>> No.7999019

>Secret santa at my comm
>Pick out really nice stuff
>Receive present today
>Handmade bow, with candy, a piece of soap and shampoo samples
>Everything melted
>On the bow

There are people that really suck at picking out presents

>> No.7999026

>>7999019
I hate secret santas for this reason.
Even if I don't necessarily get a shit present there's always that one person who gets shit, and that bothers me. Plus there's always the anxiety of shopping for the person you picked without really knowing them that well. Idk, I guess if people like surprises and gambling then it's for them. I prefer to stay out of those.

>> No.7999028

>>7998979
I feel so bad for you. I'm in Australia and last year we managed to get return flights for about $500 per person to Tokyo. Once you get there the hotel will be your biggest expense, we found food and drink pretty affordable by Australian standards.

>> No.7999029

>>7999026
I just like to give presents, so I participate whenever I can. It's just that in this case I really did not want to have to open a package and get melted soap and candy on my hands. I washed them thoroughly and the smell is not getting off and it's giving me an allergy

>> No.7999032

>>7999028
How much was the hotel and where/how long did you stay if you don't mind me asking?
And yeah, plane tickets really depend on location. I'm on the east coast of America so shit's expensive. Even if I were to live on the west coast it would be upwards of $300 cheaper for a roundtrip ticket.

>> No.7999034
File: 80 KB, 1280x1024, 6754163587.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7998845
anon im so sorry. i have gut issues too and i can totally sympathise but...

kek

>> No.7999042

>>7998858
>a shit feel
Too soon, anon.

>> No.7999046

>run /cgl/ related business
>idiots coming out in full force before Christmas

>"if I order on the 23rd will it arrive in time for Christmas"
>"I ordered on Saturday evening, it said 2 days delivery and today is Monday! WHERE IS IT?!"
>one day past delivery ESTIMATE "I'm very disappointed in your service!!!!!!"
>etc, etc

>come home to find 4 emails from one woman within an hour
>each one more agitated because she hasn't received a t-shirt
>threatens to report us to Trading Standards
>roll eyes
>look up her order, she's been buying from us for 2+ years
>presumably been happy before, but on encountering her first problem she goes crazy?!
>can't find order for t-shirt however
>send super polite email asking for t-shirt order number
>don’t hear anything back
>30 mins later get automated email from store informing me there’s a new order
>it’s her buying the t-shirt
>bitch just imagined she bought it and didn’t think to fucking check before sending pissy emails
>never go full retard

Honestly dread checking my emails this week.

>> No.7999053

>>7999046
Does your business have a webshop/homepage?
You could always put a warning a week or so in advance before the holiday week saying that you'll be closed for new orders until after the holiday.

>> No.7999056 [DELETED] 

>>7999053
Yes, we put up recommended last order dates and warnings about potential delays back at the beginning of the month. People just don't read shit.

>> No.7999058

>>7999053
Yes, we put up recommended last order dates and warnings about potential delays back at the beginning of the month. Some people just don't read shit. I should add most customers are lovely, but some people...

>> No.7999059

>tfw /cgl/'s 8000000th post will happen soon

>> No.7999064

>>7998979
Idk you situation anon, but it's not that hard to save up for a trip if you really really want to. My bf and I are just students, but if we wanted to and cut down all unnecessary expenses we could afford a trip to Japan easily if within a year or maybe less.
Also some people are simply better off like your friend probably.
Don't be jelly, be proud you're working and will someday afford the trip your very own money.

>> No.7999065
File: 279 KB, 1500x1000, 1415299077674.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I'd been trying out new styles of eye makeup
>left is sort of cat-eyed/winged
>right is droopy gyaru makeup with falsies
>doorbell rings
>mfw I have to open the door and accept a package looking lopsided as fuck

>> No.7999072

>>7999059
>tfw it's probably gonna be a shitpost from sieg or clockwork

>> No.7999079
File: 38 KB, 668x369, 1417516726001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

that feel when ptsd
that feel when depressed
that feel when cancer
that feel when no gf
that feel when cannot feel feels anymore and are feelless.

>> No.7999085

>>7999065
I've answered the door in a dressing gown with a towel on my head and apologised profusely to the delivery man. He was like 'no sweat, people answer the door in just towels all the time'
>tfw you're smart enough to have dressing gowns in the bathroom
>or maybe paranoid enough

I'm sure your delivery dude/tte has seen worse.

>> No.7999136

>>7999064
>cut all unnecessary expenses
See I could probably afford it within a year too if that were the case, I just like living comfortably.
>Also some people are simply better off like your friend probably.
Eh, she's a cashier so I'm pretty sure it's a combination of parents + loans, which I don't fault her for, just wish I had the same situation.

>> No.7999141

>>7999085
Same
>answer mailwoman wearing short bathrobe
>tell her that I work in the evening so I shower late
>she says it's no big deal and she's had to have guys sign only in boxers with really obvious boners

>> No.7999152

>>7999141
Omg, poor thing.
Most embarrassed I was was when a really, really attractive guy (imo: tanned skin, brilliant blue eyes and blonde hair with a northern european accent while I live in aus) delivered something to me and it was a rainy, cold day and I was just in sweats and a huge jumper.
>Sage for ot

>> No.7999230
File: 2.66 MB, 680x383, 763.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw want to be in a group cosplay
>makes friends with this group of cosplayers at a con
>exchanges contact info with them and talk from time to time
>finally planned group cosplay for next con
>one of them ends up coming dressed as my character without telling me
>"Oh, I just made this cosplay really fast and wanted to wear it"
>costume is obviously too intricate to be a last minute thing

Then more recently, it happened again when I was casually mentioning to the group who I would be at the con after that. I wasn't able to make it, so I was looking at the con pics posted online and saw she took my idea again. She always pulls off the "ohh well I changed my mind" thing that annoys me so much.

>> No.7999261

So not really /cgl/ related but whatever I hate everything
Dear mother:
How fucking dare you.
last week you asked me "Are you loosing weight because you want to or because you can't afford food?" And I fucking said "A little of both" and started sobbing and you did nothing.
And this fucking week you bitch at me about not having children? I can't fucking feed myself and you want me to BRING A CHILD INTO THIS WORLD? I informed you I am not financially ready for that and you fucking said "If you wait till you are ready you will never have kids"
If I am too fucking old when I am ready I will fucking adopt. I don't care that you don't get "Little anons and anon's boyfriend"
Hear is a slow clap for most selfish person of the year, con-fucking-grats your prize is spite. Tell me again about the boat you just bought, maybe through me some help once in a fucking while I am really struggling right now.

Also you never bitch at my older sister about this, you know the one with a stable job her own apartment in the not-the-slums and steady boyfriend?
she is almost 30 why don't you fucking get on that and leave me the hell alone

You are going to hell,
much love,
anon.

>> No.7999269

>>7999261
>abloobloo woe is me

>> No.7999275

>>7999261
Just get your shit together anon. Have you even asked your mother for help yet? If you really disliked her that much, you wouldn't even be taking to her.

>> No.7999281
File: 87 KB, 500x600, 1409598371577.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy knit cardigan online in size L based on the shoulder measurements (>tfw wide shoulders on an otherwise small frame)
>turns out it fits perfectly in the shoulders but is super baggy everywhere else
>so baggy it looks ridiculous and makes me look like I don't have a waist at all
>abloobloo why didn't I just get the M why

>wash it
>it shrinks a lot
>except for the shoulders somehow
>it now fits perfectly
>mfw

Small but good feels today.

>> No.7999292

>>7999261
I'm not sure about your entire situation to give a fair comment, but man
>And this fucking week you bitch at me about not having children?
I can't stand this shit. Any truly ethical person wouldn't be pressuring you to have kids when you're obviously not ready. It also makes no sense that she asked you if you had enough food to feed yourself, and in the same vein she criticizes you for not wanting to pop out more mouths to feed.

Truth is anon your mom probably bitches at your sister too since she sounds out of touch.

>> No.7999293

>buy from Etsy seller on Nov 5th
>Etsy seller supposedly ships out on Nov 25th
>ask about package information several times, no communication from seller
>get package a few days ago
>shipping date on package was December 8th
>product actually sucks (chainmail juggling balls)
>cat steals two of the three and hides them within a day

Only kind of /cgl/ related, since I was learning to juggle for a friend I met at a con and would see again this year. I'm pretty badly annoyed.

>> No.7999295

>>7999269
Yes I have asked her for help, thus why I was talking to her both days, and her reasoning for not helping me was "Oh honey we just bought a boat I can not really give you a loan right now"
>I was asking for 50 dollars so I could buy groceries for the month
>They just bought a 50k boat
>My shit is so far from together, fuck student loans up the ass I need to keep some of my paycheck, shit.

>> No.7999301

>>7999295
>>7999275

and I responded to the wrong person, go me.

>> No.7999335
File: 31 KB, 500x566, 1403596368005.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's not /cgl/ related but fuck it man I'm crushed.
My pet passed away today after being sick. I thought she was getting better but I guess I was wrong. What a shitty thing to be wrong about.

>> No.7999342
File: 195 KB, 345x194, 684874837357.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go on facebook
>guy i have a crush on is acting lovey-dovey with someone else
>try not to cry

>> No.7999371

>>7997694
Congrats anon!
Mum of 1 here, all I can suggest is enjoy your pregnancy to the fullest. Also recommend picking up a recent copy of the book "What to expect when you are expecting". It's a fantastic book to read, especially for a 1st time pregnancy.

>> No.7999375

>>7997730
Don't torture yourself anon, if you can't get the dress don't look at it. It'll only drive you mad.

>> No.7999380

I told my girlfriend (of four years) that I was interested in cosplay and she dumped me.

>> No.7999398

>>7998634
Update: it was very icy but the walk was really nice

now to cgl feels:

>had bought the planetary dreamer op cause why not/ fucking unicorns/want to be unicorn princess for shits and giggles
>got the XL 'cause recovering hamplanet and those measurements fit at the time
>fast forward to today
>try it on
>mfw it's a few inches bigger than expected
>also a little longer than expected, but covers horrible knees, so is ok
>remeasure self
>actually lost enough inches in the last couple months to fit into their large instead
>tfw progress is actually tangible
>tfw I will be able to order from their large sizes instead of hamplanet sizes

Now to wait for another fun dress.

>> No.7999524

>>7999261
how old are you, anon?

>> No.7999535
File: 30 KB, 292x356, 1375759694985.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bought a replica starting out in lolita
>it's been two years
>don't want it anymore
>hate looking at it
>tfw I wish it would just disappear but I'd feel gross selling it because people would know I owned it

It's not really comfy for pajamas or loungewear either...

>> No.7999558

>>7999535
Sell it on ebay maybe?

>> No.7999562

>>7999335
I'm so sorry, anon :( It's a horrible feeling.

>> No.7999565

>>7998053
Where do you live anon? I dance on pointe and I'm working on a princess tutu cosplay

>> No.7999571

>>7999535
Give it to the Lolita details anon so she can rip it up and burn it.
DO IT PLS

>> No.7999587
File: 267 KB, 500x389, 9.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Asked to host a cosplay contest on the 22nd
>Have 5 days to make a costume
>It's actually going really well and looks good so far
Feels good man

>> No.7999598

>>7999293
Anon this is kind of out of the blue but I've been trying to get rid of a set of chainmail juggling balls if you need another set? I'm not looking for anything crazy for them, I really just want them gone away.

>> No.7999611

>>7999380
Wasn't worth keeping then.

>> No.7999623

>>7999136
> I just like living comfortably
Same here, that's why we don't plan our trip until we can afford it and still live comofortably.
But if your friend is taking a loan for her trip, I'd actually pity her. Isn't this a bad reason to get a loan for?

>> No.7999679

>>7999136
Then you just have different priorities. It's not a matter of "how the fuck do other people do it!?", it's a matter of "I'm not willing to do that." Which is fine, just don't be jelly over something you could accomplish if you really wanted to.

>> No.7999694

>>7997481
They would be praising you if you guys were 2nd or 3rd and giving someone else the cold shoulder. People will complain about anything if they get the chance.

>> No.7999707
File: 14 KB, 331x306, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7999380
Fuck her, she's an asshole

>> No.7999717

>>7998677
Tell us more anon

>> No.7999745

>it's winter and fucking cold outside
>perfect occasion to wear Lolita pops up
>tfw you have a full outfit but no fucking coat or jacket you could wear without looking stupid as fuck
>tfw every year a brand releases at least one coat you absolutley love
>tfw you just can't bring yourself to spend the amount of money of an OP on a coat because you know you would wear just once or twice a year
>tfw you still haven't found a cheaper, non Brand coat you would really like

This is the third year in a row I have this happening. It sucks.

>> No.7999798

>>7999745
I'm assuming that by "wear just once or twice a year" you mean that while you have coat-requiring winters at least one month out of the year, you don't wear lolita often enough to justify a lolita-specific coat?
I felt the same until a few months ago, until I just up and bought a nice, relatively simple and more versatile brand coat that goes well almost my entire wardrobe. It still looks silly with jeans and non-feminine shoes but I'm moving away from those anyway. For the longest time I lusted after those super elaborate fluffy coats with the capelets and the detachable collars and the faux fur everywhere but I realized I'd never actually wear a thing like that, so I bought a simpler one.
I'm actually getting a lot more use out of it than I would from an expensive OP, honestly.

>> No.8000072

Everyone kept telling me that the current generation isn't going to be fucked up and that I'm just a paranoid grandma, but recently I've come face to face with the product of the "everyone's a winner" generation, my youngest sister when she started parroting what she was taught in school.
>just because I don't read books doesn't mean I'm not smart!
>just because I don't know anything nor care about classical art doesn't mean I'm not smart!
>just because I can't spell my own name doesn't mean I'm not smart!
>just because I don't know shit about history doesn't mean I'm not smart!

I mean fair enough, it doesn't, and I'm not the "le books and tea xD <3" type to tell her she's stupid for not having read this totally quirky book, but it does mean she's an uncultured little pleb who does nothing but take selfies all day.

I tried really hard to get her interested in some stuff but she doesn't give a flying fuck. I'm not even asking for much, but fuck sake she doesn't know what Starry Night is or who Tolstoy was and she "has heard of" Caesar but isn't sure why he's important.

>> No.8000085

>>7999598
I wish I could, but I've blown through my budget for fun things for the month.

>> No.8000086

I've had the same two best friends since middle school, and never made any new friends except for online ones that usually end up not lasting that long
The two irl friends I have knew each other before me and I kinda third wheeled it
They aren't close anymore (It's been about 5 years since we really hanged out as a group on a regular basis) and while I still feel close to one, the other one has become such a huge asshole
Everything is about her and just tonight I tried to talk to her about a movie and she literally talks to me like
"wow"
"okay"
"I don't know what to reply with"
and shes so obviously disinterested but then she gets mad when I don't talk to her

We don't like the same kind of stuff anymore and it's hard when you get excited about something and you don't have anyone to talk about it with but she doesn't even try to sound interested
Like, my e-bf was more into a conversation i was having about equestria girls than she was and he could not give any less of a fuck about mlp but at least he's nice about it
her response was "oh, you still watch that show for little kids? I thought it was cancelled"
idk it just makes me feel bad about being excited about stuff
She talks to me like she thinks I need to grow up which is probably true but I dunno I'm kinda having more fun with technicolor horses than her frosty ass right now
/rant
basically I'm lonely and sandy because I don't have anyone to get excited over stuff with me
sorry about my poor writing skills I'm not sure how to even word this kinda ranty stuff

>> No.8000109
File: 56 KB, 720x720, Talk-to-Stupid-People.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000072

Congrats, your sister is a clone of a roommate I had once.

In COLLEGE we had to take a Cultures of America class which talked about the contributions of several groups of people that got us to where we are. (American Indians, Asians, Jewish, Black, German, Irish) through art, music, inventions, photography, fashion... The lady who taught it was engaging and pretty much awesome.

So one day a year after I took the class my roomie comes in with a friend. She is currently taking the class. The 10 minutes she is in the room is a rant about how none of it has anything to do with HER and that it's such a pointless class.

I nearly spit out my drink with her self centered little diatribe. It truly was an amazing piece of "Holy shit people like this actually exist."

That class is to prevent you from getting to 22 years old and being ignorant of the world around you and to show you your connection to everyone despite not being the same race or religion.

That chick was the poster child for incoming generational stupidity.

>> No.8000112

I have everything I need to buy for my cosplay set up and ready to ship. I just... can't do it. Just skipping this convention seems like a more and more attractive option.

>> No.8000113

>>8000109
That class sounds so interesting, I wanna take it.

>> No.8000129

>>8000109
Wait you have classes in uni for that?
We're taught that in primary school and college (high school) but the things she was supposed to know are elementary knowledge, you don't need to go to school to know it even.

One quote:
>The exam was really difficult! There was a question that went "which century was 1781 in?"

>> No.8000142

>Send beautiful wool lolita coat to dry cleaners after yearly storage
>Comes back with a button snapped off at the shank

I am so pissed off that the cleaners didn't mention it and had the gall to charge me full price. Even if they had the rest of the button, the shank was shattered inside the threads; it couldn't be fixed and I have no idea where the replacement went.

I'm so steamed about this...

>> No.8000166

I bought a sewing machine on Amazon and it was supposed to come in this week, but I just got an e-mail telling me that the order was cancelled. I was going to use that to start making cosplays.

>> No.8000170

>>8000166
Same happened here with a GoW ps3 bundle, I don't trust amazon since that day.

>> No.8000172
File: 14 KB, 225x225, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000113
>That class sounds so interesting, I wanna take it.

It was really interesting. We didn't have to read a bunch of pointless facts. We listened to music from the era, perused photographs of prominent architecture, followed the trail on maps of the dispersion of ethnic groups, we got to touch inventions and try on clothes. It was one of the better classes I ever had to take. Like I said, the professor was really into it and you could tell.

>>8000129
>We're taught that in primary school and college (high school) but the things she was supposed to know are elementary knowledge, you don't need to go to school to know it even.

It's sad, but it's well known that for the exception of maybe Black History month, elementary and high school history class is usually exclusively about white history. Even that is just a bunch of dates, facts, and endless reading.

>> No.8000184

>>8000172
>elementary and high school history class is usually exclusively about white history
It's not even that. They just like glaze over shit and don't teach you anything, then the stuff you learned turns out to be a really simple way cause they think highschoolers are too stupid.

>> No.8000190

>>8000170
Did you ever get refunded for that?

>> No.8000200

>>8000072
Hm. Most people who tend to read higher level literature these days tend to be pseudo-intellectuals or liberal art majors.

All the real geniuses are out there developing skills and furthering knowledge in their field. It's sad, but classical literature and philosophy has been delegated to "I don't have time for this" for the vast majority of people.

All of the most well-read people I know are recovering NEETs using "culture" as a crutch for social inadequacy.

>> No.8000235

>>8000200
How far have we come that "higher level literature" is shit that was mandatory reading in college? Literally everyone had to read Anna Karenina and now it's considered pseudo-intellectualism to even, god forbid, mention that you read books lest you be labelled a fedora autist.

I honestly think it's just insecurity because the only people I've seen accuse others of that are lonely codemonkeys and neckbeards who get too scared at the thought of someone knowing something they don't. I had a lad accuse me of "pretending to be some uppity slag" because I was making conversation about the Iliad, which was, again, mandatory reading in my school and a piece that everyone, their nan and their grand-nan had read at some point.

At this point it's become
>waaaah, I don't know what you're talking about so that must mean you're a TRYHARD! ;_;

And let's not mention the fact that the same people who call others pseudo-intellectuals all have 1984 or the Animal Farm as their favourite book. And only ever those two.

>> No.8000237

>live at home and commute to university
>haven't made a single actual friend since the end of high school
>tfw no f at all of any type

i just want someone to talk to

>> No.8000244

>>8000235
My fedora senses start tingling only when someone starts bragging about reading philosophy books, specifically Nietzsche.

>> No.8000249

>>8000235
Yeah; it's just that it's no longer mandatory reading in college.

1984 and Animal Farm are mandatory books in High School, though.

It's pretty much just that. I don't know how it is for females, but for males today, getting cultured isn't a priority. Getting applicable skills, experience in an internship, making social connections, ect is regarded with far more value.

It's only being an "uppity slag" when you think you're superiors to others for having read something that others haven't. It's the same mentality with neckbeards and codemonkeys when they think they're superior to you in intellect because they're better or more knowledgeable than you at one specific field. Ie, you don't force a geologist to understand the more complex mechanisms of the human body lest they be regarded as a pleb.

>> No.8000251

>>8000200

>people can't possibly balance a study life and read books at the same time!
>people can't possibly enjoy 'high brow literature' just for fun! Ugh you hipster fedoras!

This rustles me. I'm not asking for people to be in awe of what I read, jesus christ. Maybe people just read for fucking fun and it isn't necessarily the Hunger fucking Games.

>> No.8000252

>>8000237
Does your uni have clubs? Best place to meet ppl is just going out. Also with a club if your someone who is shy at least there are ice breakers for conversations considering clubs are usually centered around a hobby.

What year are you in? The higher up you get the smaller the classes and more chance of you connecting with ppl in your classes. I didnt start making friends in classes until they were smaller and we could all rant about essays together.

>> No.8000256

>>8000252
third year; my classes have <=15 people, but they all seem to already have their own social groups already and i'm younger than most of them.

>clubs

would be great if i didn't have to take the bus home which puts a hard limit on how long i can stay on campus, and all the clubs meet at night

>> No.8000259

>>8000200
>All the real geniuses are out there developing skills and furthering knowledge in their field. It's sad, but classical literature and philosophy has been delegated to "I don't have time for this" for the vast majority of people.

do you actually know any "real geniuses"

yeah i didn't think so, but nice try

>> No.8000273

No one in this thread is smarter than anyone else. Youre all fucking imbeciles parroting sound bytes someone else told you. Moreover, you don't care. Have an original thought and then masturbate about the literature you do or don't read. Idiots.

>> No.8000276

>>8000249
>1984 and Animal Farm are mandatory books in High School, though
not in my country, out of the American ones we have Defoe, Twain and Fitzgerald as mandatory and the rest is optional. We focus more on European literature so it's funny to me that people force their opinions on us so much that reading something that you should by all accounts have read here is somehow shameful.
I don't know how schools are in America/Canada so I can't compare how much we read, but here it's been a priority for schools to make you into a well-rounded person, until recently. Now they removed cursive lessons in primary schools and instead teach handicrafts which are even more useless, but "fun! :D"

Maybe I'm just getting old, but it's not a good life specialising in one thing and only studying what's absolutely necessary. Ignorance makes people more malleable and easier to manipulate, and it's good knowing a bit of everything, though I agree that you shouldn't be an obnoxious twat about it. Somehow I'd rather take that over my sister being how she is now, at least those types of people usually grow out of it and calm down.

>> No.8000278

>>8000251
I said "most" for a reason. If these people truly enjoyed reading, they would do it without bragging about what they've read all the fucking time. Oh, you read The Republic last week? Look at you, what an intelligent special snowflake you are. Please, tell us about how much better you are than everyone here and blow our minds with your revolutionary philosophy. Maybe if you keep doing this, you'll finally get your dick wet with a sophisticated girl. It'll work one day, bruh.

I assume I don't know about the vast majority of people who enjoy reading, because they don't brag about it 24/7 and in every single conversation.
>>8000259
My standards for "genius" are pretty low, all things considered.

>> No.8000282
File: 148 KB, 625x604, 1393443133278.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000273
lol kill yourself you edgy fuck

>> No.8000288

>>8000282
Typical moron. Don't like what I said so I have to die. One step away from the crusades or jihad you fucking peons are.

>> No.8000290

>>8000288
I see you're not taking /pol/'s downfall well, want a hug and some sweeties?

>> No.8000297

>>8000290
Why listen to anything i have to say when you can label me as the enemy. Go back to jezebel or reddit, it doesn't really matter which. You're all fucking idiots

>> No.8000308

>>8000297
shhh cursing is haram

>> No.8000310

>>8000278

>I said most because my anecdotal evidence told me so
>I don't know about most peoples' reading habits because they don't boast about it
>in my previous post I said 'most people' who read high brow literature are only 'pseudo intellectuals'

Holy shit you are backpedalling so hard..

>> No.8000334

>>7997781
>tfw have this but only child
Fuck my mom

>> No.8000335

>>8000310
>Most people who tend to read higher level literature these days tend to be pseudo-intellectuals or liberal art majors.

most
tend

Also wow, I didn't even realize I used tend twice in the same sentence. That isn't very good.

Why would you purposely misconstrue words and put them in my mouth when you can easily scroll up and read what I posted?

Would it be preferable if I stated "most people who brag about reading classical literature tend to be pseudo-intellectuals?" No matter what I say, it's going to be based on anecdotal evidence. Do you think I'm going to have statistics on a subjective topic?

Don't worry seagull, I believe you're a genius. You can tell me about about the works of Defoe, Twain, Fitzgerald, Tolstoy, ect. I'll listen any time.

>> No.8000344

>>8000335
Typical victim of the system.
Anyone who reads is branded a pseudo intellectual.
This rendering reading operationally useless. If you read you're a fake intellectual. If you don't read you're unintelligent.

What do you consider real literature? Shock me by giving me an answer I don't expect.

>> No.8000347

>>8000335
Right, that hack mark Twain am i right.
Implying you're smarter than mark twain.
Because that's what actually important. Being smarter than other people i.e. your ego. Not truth or discussion.
Not the same anon in case you're too dumb to notice the difference.

>> No.8000348

>>8000335
that wasn't me though, I only wrote these two and the OP
>>8000276
>>8000235
I couldn't give less of a shit about what people think of my preferred literature, I was just making a point that it's silly to accuse someone of being a pseudo-intellectual when they talk about certain books and assume they're automatically bragging.

>> No.8000355

>>8000344
>>8000347
it's just a case of "stop liking what I don't like!!!"

>> No.8000357

>>8000348
Culture destroys elitists at every Avenue.
If you write books, you're an ivory today elitist and probably white.
If you read books, you think you're smarter than i am. And you probably aren't reading the *right* books.
If you do read the right books, you don't understand them.
If you don't read, you're a dumb pleb. Our disenfranchised.

There is no room for debate.

>> No.8000358

>finals + IBS + coffee + stress through the roof
>shitting blood erryday
>finally get home
>mom won't stop talking about how she quitting eating grains because they're unnatural and how anxiety isn't real

Fuck this. Every time I come home I like it less.

>> No.8000359
File: 179 KB, 1024x1109, the cat in the hat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000344
Dr.Seuss writes real literature; it's deeply profound and completely changed my views on life. I specifically like "The Cat in the Hat".

Picture related, it's the cat in a hat.

We could talk about it if you like, but you wouldn't understand. You can listen to me speak about it for the next thirty minutes, though. Also, can I suck your dick?

>> No.8000386

>>8000348
>that wasn't me though, I only wrote these two and the OP
I quoted that because that was me, you fucking retard. It's not when they're talking about said books, but when they brag about having read said books. Hence "brag". For all that reading you do, you sure have zero fucking comprehension.
>>8000347
See above.
>>8000344
Brag.
Boast.
"Superior for having read...".

Jesus Christ. Why are men allowed on /cgl/

>> No.8000389

>>8000386
And you brag about the literature you haven't read. What a big difference.

>> No.8000392

>>8000335

I don't expect anyone to jizz at my literature preferences, but you seem the type of person to scream 'psuedo intellectual' if anyone so much says they read Mark Twain.

>> No.8000393

>>8000386
But I'm not a man. And for someone who frequents 4chan you sure get buttblastedly defensive about the smallest thing. Backpedal harder.

>> No.8000399
File: 33 KB, 310x394, 1402162800465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000386
top fucking kek
>WAAAH SOMEONE SAID THEY READ X, THAT MUST MEAN THEY ARE BRAGGING!

>> No.8000408

>>8000389
>>8000392
I like reading; I just don't boast about how great I am for having read Mark Twain, Thomas Nagel, Descartes, Hobbes, Pascal, Locke, Hume, Kant, Marx, Nietzsche, Jean-Paul Sartre, Pascal, Plato, ect works.
>>8000399
If you meet one of those bragging literature people in real life, you'll realize how insufferable they are. And ya'know, that they're actually bragging because they're randomly interjecting what they read and fishing for compliments.

Keep falling back on strawmen, though.

>> No.8000413

>>8000408
so i think the main issue is that you don't like people who brag about literature, which is perfectly fine, i don't think anyone does, but your original post says

>Hm. Most people who tend to read higher level literature these days tend to be pseudo-intellectuals or liberal art majors.

which is a statement about people in general who read "higher level literature", not just people who brag about it

like, i agree that people who brag about reading "high level literature", whatever that means, are probably pseudo-intellectual, i think we can all agree with that;

however it seems that you shifted, along the way, from "people who tend to read higher level literature" to "people who tend to read higher level literature and brag about it" in a sort of ambiguous manner

>> No.8000422

>>8000408
>bragging about reading Niestchze, Pascal and Sartre.
Well, Pascal is mandatory reading in high school were I live, and I lightly glanced over the two others for my philosophy class (mandatory class in high school), and bragging about reading this just prove you didn't read them. I'm also waiting to see someone outside of literature studies and preparatory classes who have read more than a few extracts of Plato. I didn't.
Tl;dr this doesn't make your point valid and just makes you look like a poser. Also philosophy is stupid if you can't read it in it's own language because concept xan't be transferred that easily.

>> No.8000442

>>8000408

It's really odd how you keep going on about Mark Twain. It's not like he's literarily inaccessible to the layperson. He's high school reading for a good reason.

I'm really not into dense reading, and I find him pretty light, if not a bit bound by his time period. He's also pretty funny.

>> No.8000457

>>8000413
>>8000413
My first post was
>Most people who tend to read higher level literature these days tend to be pseudo-intellectuals or liberal art majors.

Then I realized the mistake in my reasoning and corrected it

>I assume I don't know about the vast majority of people who enjoy reading, because they don't brag about it 24/7 and in every single conversation.
>most people who brag about reading classical literature tend to be pseudo-intellectuals
>when you think you're superiors to others for having read something that others haven't
Based on my own anecdotal evidence, most people who brag about having read certain books are pseudo-intellectuals.

Then I went from that line of thought to most people who read literature are pseudo-intellectuals, which is extremely heuristic and faulty reasoning. I'd just assume most people who read for more valid reasons are not pseudo intellectuals, but you don't tend to notice them because they do not boast about reading.

Anyway, my argument is based purely on anecdotal evidence. Whether
> Most people who tend to read higher level literature these days tend to be pseudo-intellectuals or liberal art majors.
>Most people who brag about reading literature these days tend to be pseudo intellectuals

Are just as invalid.

>> No.8000465

>>8000457
>Based on my own anecdotal evidence
There's your problem.

>> No.8000476

>>8000422
>>8000442
Pascal and Twain were mandatory reading in HS for me as well, along with Hemmingway, Orwell, Vonnegut, ect. I listed Twain because somebody else did so in the thread. I tried not to get any other authors inside the conversation, so I just reused what other people typed out.

>> No.8000488

>>tfw getting older and starting to feel like I can't do qt things anymore

I'm 27 in a couple of weeks. Is that too old for cosplay, you think? I work out so I'm not fat or anything but I still feel somewhat creepy hanging around all these teens when I go to cons.

>> No.8000495
File: 127 KB, 736x751, 1412566056379.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Time for good feels

>recently found out i'll be moving from middle of nowhere shitsville in the midwest to the northwest where theres actually conventions and shit

>>8000488
It's weird if you make it weird, anon.

>> No.8000497

>>8000488

I find that older people make a substantial portion of cons nowadays, particularly larger ones. I also find older people cosplaying to be pretty rad. I don't think you're anywhere near 'creepy,' just as long as you don't act like it.

>> No.8000500

>>8000476
anon listed what was mandatory reading for her out of American authors from what I understood. you seem awfully touchy about literature, did someone bully you in school or something? because reacting how you do to someone mentioning relatively famous authors is not healthy.

>> No.8000521

>>8000500
Actually, the truth is, books killed my entire family.

It was a tragic accident in the "Timeless Classics" section. The entire bookshelf came crashing down and killed my parents. Ever since then, I've had a vendetta against books. Specifically ones written by famous authors.

Now, I wander around the United States to burn down libraries and serve my vigilante justice. I also attack people who carry around books with them. One day I will succeed and rid this world of libraries, books, then finally--words.

You haven't seen the last of me.

>> No.8000559

>>8000235
In my high school we read the scarlet letter and by read I mean the teacher read it to the class while most of us slept. Backwoods edjumacashun for ya

>> No.8000562

>>8000488
I think you're a qt, anon

>> No.8000576

>>8000562
I think YOU'RE a qt.
Let's fuk
27/F/Venus

>> No.8000593

>>8000559

Ugh anon why did you mention the scarlet letter now you triggered me. Brb you scum getting panic attacks.

>> No.8000733
File: 12 KB, 191x234, 1329964540283.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000576
Oh gosh

>> No.8000741
File: 1.34 MB, 245x300, awoken.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000576
>Venus
Nice try, Vex scum, we aren't that stupid.

>> No.8000742

>>8000488
>27
>old and used up but still hasn't grown up

I feel sorry for you in an odd way.

>> No.8000749

>>8000742
I always knew you were a teenager, chad

>> No.8000753

>>7997804
I've never actually known a straight French girl. Idk if you're a dude but if you aren't the odds are in your favour at least.
>no stake in country wank bc yrope scum

>> No.8000766
File: 50 KB, 496x567, 1416893037644.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000741
>destiny joke
am I on reddit

>> No.8000779

About to miss Baby's Happy Pack because the page won't load, and to think I woke up at 4.00 a.m. for this. It's not like you pay with paypal anyway.

>> No.8000962

> tfw someone from school asks why you aren't at school
> tell I have problems that I don't want to go into details with and need a few days for myself
> tells me she doesn't want to know anyway
> why did you bother contacting me anyway?

cgl related:

hoping for an AP LP, contacted my ss and waiting for the first down payment. will be my first brand LP

>> No.8000973

>Save up money from crappy job
>Send in order for dress
>Dress is sold out

Well screw you dress, I'll get a different one.

>> No.8001002
File: 649 KB, 280x143, isnothingeasy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Want to order something through Tenso.
> Need proof of address.
> None of my government issued IDs have my current address on them.
> Do all my bills online so no bills with address on them.
> Don't think I can get another ID any time soon with my current address.

>> No.8001022

>>8001002
Online bank statements

>> No.8001097

>dream dress and a bunch of other wardrobe filler items are in the mail
>estimated to be here by Friday
>stuck on other side of the country for over 24 hours, still not updated
>leaving on Monday for a week
>usps pls grant my Christmas wish

>> No.8001100

>can't sew worth shit
>love to cosplay, but embarrassed of ugly seams

>> No.8001124

>>8001022
Do they take those? I wasn't aware that they did.

>> No.8001134

>>8000200
It's really sad that you don't think there's any real intellectualism behind reading, writing, and studying theory. No wonder the world is going to hell. Nobody sees a balance anymore, you're either a "scientist", a tradesman, or a "liberal arts hippie where muh fries at".

>> No.8001143

>>7997446
>Bought AP Christmas dress
>It got shipped yesterday, seller tells me delivery wll take 6 to 10 days
>Pray to all kinds of Gods for it to arrive before Christmas
>I just realized that, technically, people don't work on Christmas Eve or Christmas
>It won't get here in time
Well it is one of my dream dressed but well
>At least somehow bank commited an error and while the seller recieved all the payment somehow part of it got back to me

>> No.8001151

>>8001124
Yep, that's what I had to do. I'm in basically your situation, and it worked fine.

>> No.8001171
File: 1.62 MB, 350x190, sadTiger.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>trying to learn piano
>wrist, finger, and forearm pain in right limb
>don't know the cause, stretches don't do shit
>starting to manifest in left limb too
Fuck fuck fuck. Typing, calligraphy, piano...I don't think there's anything I do that doesn't involve my hands. Please let this be a temporary and easily solvable issue.

>> No.8001176

>>8000488
what does working out have to do with the fact that you're getting old

>> No.8001177

>>8001171
You're probably too cramped when typing or playing. Try and see if you're clawing your hands, have them laying at an unnatural angle or have them somewhat relaxed.
As silly as they sound, all these "proper posture" guides are almost always right. If you're taking classes, ask your teacher.

>> No.8001187

>>8001177
I'm not taking lessons right now, though I probably should at some point.

I've been trying to play more relaxed, but stretching across octaves causes me to tense up again. I wish I could just get a boatload of sedatives and spend my winter break in a comfy haze playing piano, gently nodding off mid-passage.

It's just not in the cards though. I'll just need to learn to play properly.

>>8000488
>is that too old for cosplay
No, it just means that you'll (presumably) have more money and skill with which to make cosplay. Just keep in mind that creepiness isn't restricted to a certain age; there are plenty of young people who are just as creepy.

>> No.8001189

>>8000200
Most people really don't have time for that kind of thing though, in all honesty. My friend for example:

>>spends 10 hours everyday programming at work
>>leaves work, goes to the gym
>>leaves gym, eats food
>>has maybe 3 or 4 hours left in the day

In his remaining time he chooses to see his friends usually instead of doing something else. He could read but it would cut into his lifestyle in a way that he really can't justify. Most professional lifestyles are like this, I think.

>> No.8001197

>>8001176
I've noticed as I've gotten older that lots of people in my age bracket are starting to chub out due to:

1 - disposable income increasing, thus access to tasty food on demand
2 - desk job, thus less exercise

but I'm an extremely vain narcissist and I've been working out really hard, so I have remained thin.

>> No.8001203

>>8001197
You also forgot
>weight gain from parenting
People have been using parenthood as an excuse to pack on the pounds. They gain weight from pregnancy, and then as the kids get older they sometimes give in to eating what their kids want to eat.

>> No.8001210

>In lolita tips sS
>Have grandiose plan for my giftee
>Someone has an emergency at work
>They can not work at all this month
>cute 6 day work weeks and 10-12 hour days all month
>last day off before shipping deadline and Christmas in general yesterday
>Mother is driving up at 1pm so I can get the last of my holiday shopping done since I did not do it in October like I usually do. (Probably because of rufflecon)
>Wake up at 9, sew like the fucking wind
>Put together something that is...alright I guess, but not what I wanted to give, toss it in a box and ship it
>I forgot to put a card with any explanation, hi I'm your secret santa, anything
Fuck, should I send one on it's own?

Oh to shopping though
>Since I rushed to do this I look like a hot mess I did not even shower just braided my hair and went out with my mom
>Long day of shopping, looking even worse by the end of it
>At checkout at last store, mom runs out of money and is stammering and I go "I GOT IT!" and just slide my card and be gone
>She is spaghetti everywhere "I'll pay you back!" NO MOM I GOT IT it was like 50 bucks who cares, cashier is smiling at me like I am fucking Santa
>Flee, can't deal with spaghetti
>It is fucking Cosco
>Have to give receipt at the door
>The fucking neck beard working the door is hitting on me so hard my mom forgets about all her spaghetti and is grinning so hard I erupt with my own and scurry off
>Still have 30 min of mom shoving money in my direction on the drive on the way home

bleh.

>> No.8001216

>>8001187
You should, it'll help you greatly.
Then it's probably just that you're new to it. Stretching your hands that far is simply not natural to man, it requires some time to get used to it. No worries!
>one of my best friends has hands that first couldn't even get to an octave
>now she can play 1.5 octave
>those qt small hands tho

>> No.8001243
File: 130 KB, 500x567, shaw_low_d-500x567.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8001187
As someone who plays pic related, playing properly is extremely important. Maybe I shouldn't be saying that since I mostly play folk tunes, which is generally considered "incorrect" by classically trained musicians, but those rules are there for a reason.

>> No.8001248

>>8001243
extremely important when it comes to posture and finger placement or fingering* I meant
screw the whistles and their double entendres

>> No.8001260

>>8001243
Yeah, I used to play classical guitar but unfortunately a lot of the things I learned don't carry over (left hand is fine, right hand is retarded).

>>8001216
That's comforting, I have small hands.

>> No.8001400

My dream is to be someones senpai/ shoujo dream

>cant cosplay tall characters for accurate height difference.
>In early 20's, worried that I cant ever live out my simple dream.

>> No.8001428

>tfw you get some monies for Christmas

>torn between getting new fancy boots
>or sewing supplies (like a clapper or new iron)

FUCK.

>> No.8001448
File: 25 KB, 640x480, 1319092181462.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>do gratuitous sexy cosplays
>get tons of attention
>Become professional costumer through cosplay
>Start doing costumes for movies/tv/commercials, super proud of my career, get far in a short amount of time
>no one cares
>they want the shitty sexy costumes back

feels bad man

>> No.8001532

>Get new dress in.
>Aw yeah so excited.
>Tries on dress.
>It is super short. I'm 5'3.
>It's not even AP. It's Innocent World.

What the hell IW. I guess I'm going to have to stick to getting my stuff from Taobao and Meta since I never had a problem with dress length from them.
Time to invest in an underskirt I guess.

>> No.8001766

>Be in a group of friends
>The "leader" (you know that person) is jelly of me
>Kind of afraid of getting more cosplay attention that them because it'll probably cause them to be more jelly and act like a cunt to me
>I like the other guys in the group so I don't want to stop being her friend cause then everyone will follow

>> No.8001775

>tfw you don't know shit about how to promote yourself so you'll never get cosfamous

my costumes are pretty good but they barely get any notes on tumbler because i'm a massive noob and i don't know how to promote my shit

>> No.8001901

I love so many of bodyline's outfits and want to wear them out in public so badly...

>> No.8001904

>>8001775
this so much

>> No.8002002

>>7997481
How did you garner much more applause than 2nd or 3rd place?
Did your group got all striptease-y despite having only average costumes to get that applause?

If so, then theres your answer

>> No.8002051

>>7997694
>>7999371

UGH breeders

>> No.8002114

>>8000109
Anon, I went through this about a year ago with a stupid bitch in history class. The professor was talking about evolution while a dude and I made this chart in the black board about the traits each sapien,homo etc. had during their time. This chick suddenly snaps about how pointless she thinks it is to take history class in high school and then have to repeat it in college, that I was a pointless class cause it's not like anyone cared anyway. The professor was speechless and everyone was quite as fuck. I snapped at her and told her how much of an ignorant retard she was for thinking like that, that because of people like her is why we kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

She never came back to class. That shit was so sstisfying.

>> No.8002119

>>7997694
Not /cgl/ related, and I'm only a second year early childhood education major, but I'd really recommend looking into Dr. Maria Montessori and her work.
Even if you can't afford private schools, out of all teaching styles I've been exposed to (I've been working in schools/camps/after school programs since middle school) her method and findings actually make sense and are focused on giving the child what she needs instead of giving her what a mini-adult would need, and a lot can be (and should be) implemented in the home not just at school (and early on in life, ages 0-6).
I think a good one of her books to start out with is The Absorbent Mind, and if you'd like to see some modern psychological studies that back up her findings/method I'd recommend The Science Behind the Genius (it sounds pretentious, but she was pretty amazing)
Sorry for the short rant, but I love Maria Montessori and her work. I heard a lot of weird rumors about her and her method, but I haven't seen any indication that they're true (though some Montessori schools aren't really in line with her method)

>> No.8002126

>>8002119
Seconding this, I went to montessori school and I loved it.

>> No.8002139

>>8001210
Send one on its own and shoot the person a message online if you can explaining that they'll be coming separately.

>> No.8002141

>>8001143
These feels, I ordered like two weeks ago and my shit hasn't even shipped yet, and it's coming from out of the country.

>> No.8002154

>>8002051

Fuck off degenerate homo

Enjoy dying from AIDS in 5 years.

>> No.8002159

>Friends with cosplayer I admire who lives in a different state. We chat online but don't see each other much even at cons
>Friend says she's looking for more people for a group at an upcoming con. Don't really have much time but agree to join so we can cosplay together
>Finish cosplay.
>Half the group drops out the week before con. Okay at least I can still cosplay with friend...
>Friend drops the day of the shoot.
>Months later, plan another group together, friend's idea.
>I make my costume. Friend buys fabric but never sews it, makes something else instead.
>Months later, same thing happens again.

I'm done planning my cosplays around her now but this can't be normal can it?

>> No.8002161
File: 2.00 MB, 276x211, 1418879262607.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be overweight
>can't cosplay my favourite characters
>feel really bad about it
>ze excercise does nozing
>sticked finger down my throat a year ago
>lost about 10 pounds but stopped doing it because it ain't cool
>gained weight again
>want to cry when I look in the mirror
>dream cosplays move even farther away
>really tempted to go bulimic retard again

I just want to look pretty and do my fav characters justice gdi

>> No.8002175

>>8002161
Well I gotta correct myself, the excercise would have probably done something if I didn't give up as fast as I did.

>> No.8002209

>>7998650
I thought you meant the boyfriend and I was very confused for a second

>> No.8002244
File: 28 KB, 426x286, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw bulby bignosed babyface
>want to cosplay older characters or those with long faces and sharp features
>short and skinny but my face ruins everything

>> No.8002253
File: 27 KB, 599x400, 1406768087705.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8002244
>bulby bignosed babyface
cry with me, sister

>> No.8002264

>>8000521
I love you, this is the best post ever

>> No.8002268

>>8002175
No anon, exercise and eating right is all a scam. The only surefire way to lose weight is to count calories and deal with being hungry all the time. Get on MyFitnessPal and stick to it. Eating healthy foods and exercising will obviously make you healthier overall, but a giant bowl of lettuce is still going to have more calories than a smaller one.

>> No.8002287

>>8002268
>exercise and eating right is all a scam
2/10, I actually got a bit upset.

>>8002161
Look, just go over to /fit/ and read the sticky. It applies to all genders.

>> No.8002319
File: 124 KB, 500x282, 1406720261600.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8002175

What did your exercise routine consist of

>> No.8002326
File: 5 KB, 249x250, 1404820343337s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8002268

If that anon is a male. It is an absolute must to exercise.

>> No.8002404
File: 679 KB, 200x113, 1350930031728.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't handle it anymore, I need to get this eyelid surgery done, the weight over my eye is making vision blurry, I can't do make-up or anything because of it. I hope I can get insurence to cover it but at this point I don't give a shit, I'll save the money if I have to. Having one hooded eye is just driving me insane and causing me to be way insecure. I'm scared though, I mean it is still surgery, does anyone here have experience in plastic surgery?

>> No.8002417

>getting ready for an upcoming exam
>it is REALLY important
>but my sleeping schedule got fucked up again
>when I need to study I just enter hermit mode and lock myself in with books and the laptop
>people are getting angry that I'm not spending time with them
>but I gotta study

>> No.8002422

>Friend gets admitted in a course in a Japanese university
>Tomorrow we're going to celebrate
>Plan coord for the occasion
>Super excited to get all together and hang out
>Wake up an hour ago
>Surprise sore throat, sneezing nonstop
>Can't rest since after work I need to meet a friend to help with a vidya project
>Most probably won't be in the mood for frills or be a functional person tomorrow morning

I just wanted to have fun and look cute, not a runny nose.

>> No.8002549
File: 20 KB, 306x410, 1336542274265.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to finish a dress before travelling on Christmas Eve
>spend all of tonight's sewing time just getting the tensions on my serger un-fucked
Christ, for a while I was ready to go buy another one tomorrow. Stupid son of a bitch worked fine on the same settings a few weeks ago.

>> No.8002605

>>8001448
>do gratuitous sexy cosplays
>get tons of attention
>Become professional costumer through cosplay
>Start doing costumes for movies/tv/commercials, super proud of my career, get far in a short amount of time
>no one cares
>they want the shitty sexy costumes back

That's what you get for using sex as your vehicle rather than your skills.

Nothing is wrong with sex but it's a lowest common denominator which is easy mode. It has a price though, and you just learned it.

>> No.8002608

>>8000072
My mother pretty much lost some of my favourite childhood books by giving them to my practically illiterate, vapid cousin. She was happy to get a gift and then sneered when she saw they were books. My grandma says she threw a few of them in a pond for giggles and to impress her friends. It's even more incomprehensible to me because there were movies based on this series that she claims to love, it's not like we're expecting her to read Moby Dick or Paradise Lost.
She wants to be a cosmetologist but applies makeup like a blind baboon. When I feel bad about the way my life is going I think about her and instantly feel better. At least I can avoid her most of the time, though. Sorry about your sister, anon.

>> No.8002620

>>8002114
>I snapped at her and told her how much of an ignorant retard she was for thinking like that, that because of people like her is why we kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

Poster from >>8000109

I wish I had been eloquent enough to do that. I was just so dumbfounded in the moment I just went quiet.
It truly was a missed opportunity to stop the massive ignorance train she was on. Doing that could have helped countless people she encountered through her life and prevented any children she had from carrying that into their lives too. I think I might always feel bad for not saying anything.

>> No.8002626

>>8001775
>>tfw you don't know shit about how to promote yourself so you'll never get cosfamous

I know that feel anon. But honestly a lot of shit comes with being known. It isn't all good stuff.

*people stalking you for your real name and where you live
*getting raunchy messages
*being called bitch for not liking someone's advances
*people calling you ugly for no reason
*people nitpicking everything you do
*people picking on looks you can do nothing about

Flying under the radar has its advantages. If you're good at what you do then float on the attention you get ~AT~ the con rather than on the internet.

>> No.8002880

>>7997446
I'm addicted to shoplifting.
I stole a bow, a beret, a cat clip, a cute keychain, a necklace,... i can't stop it's horrible i fear to get caught and get some real trouble because i'm 19 now.

>> No.8003452
File: 36 KB, 408x321, ss (2014-12-11 at 01.35.10).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Weighed around 220 at one point
>Always been a landwhale
>Decide enough is enough
>Get down to 150, feeling more confident
>About 9 months go by
>Notice jeans are a little more snug than I'd prefer
>Weigh myself
>189.4
>Freaking out and wondering if my scale is fucking with me again or if I actually gained all this weight back
>Don't understand how I could gain about 40 pounds and barely fit in the same jeans
>Start dieting
>End up eating one of those 1 pound Reese's Christmas cups, 4 Reese's big cups, 4 thick shortbread cookies, two bowls of spaghetti on fucking day 3
>Go from being motivated and eating healthy and exercising to consuming everything and anything I want

I know this is a bunch of woeisme shit, but I just want to be thin and kawaii for once.

>> No.8003764

I waited all fucking day for a dress to arrive and was checking tracking and my mailbox constantly only to have the tracking just now update as "delivered". I'm really hoping my front office signed for it and not just some rando neighbour, but since they didn't put a package notification in my mailbox, I won't know until fucking Monday. I'm so pissed, jesus christ, I've pissed my entire day away waiting for this thing. Please let it be in the office. It's my dream dress, and I'm going to cry if it was delivered to the wrong place and I never see it.

>> No.8003897

>>8000962

Because you sounded like a total attention whore.

Just say you are sick, quit trying to call attention to yourself.

>> No.8003989

>>7997711
I am terrified that this is me. I work alone at night, and sleep all day, and sometimes can go weeks at a time without having an actual conversation with anyone. So when I go to a lolita meetup I'm like OMG PEOPLE TO TALK TO and I try to hold back but I'm worried I come off like this

>> No.8004017

boop boop

>> No.8004023

new bread
>>8000435

>> No.8004290

>>8002880
Kind of the same feel, I used to be 100% against shoplifting, but recently I've been doing it at almost ever other store I go to. Nothing big, usually just lipgloss or anything small I can slip into my pocket without notice. I think the worst I ever did was a blouse from a thrift store I tucked into my bloomers in a changing room...

I want to stop before it gets out of control. It's not like it gives me a rush, I don't really enjoy doing it, I am usually just broke and my possibly failing relationship has me stressed 24/7. I think deep down I feel obligated to whatever it is I'm taking, and that makes me feel even worse.