[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 15 KB, 320x180, right_in_the_kokoro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7980528 No.7980528 [Reply] [Original]

Old one is auto sage.

Try to keep it /cgl/ related.

>> No.7980530
File: 249 KB, 500x281, kimini.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reposting it since I didn't realize old thread was autosage. I want some advice or maybe someone to tell me I'm not crazy.

>Diagnosed with social anxiety and depression at thirteen.
>Goes to therapy. Gets meds. It's okay-ish.
>Crazy mother refuses to take me to therapy anymore.
>Be fourteen. Completely snap. Fun times are had at ER.
>Mother is constantly saying I'm just an attention whore.
>Drop out of high school.
>Didn't leave house for two years, or even really my room for that matter.
>Worked on anxiety with baby steps.
>Turned eighteen, got GED, and then got a job.
>Could finally afford Lolita. I feel adorable and happy when I wear it.
>Nineteen now. Struggling to get some more independence from my mom.
>Incredibly lonely. No irl friends.
>Wants to join a local lolita FB group, but doesn't have a FB.
>People will think I'm weird if I join a group with a new FB with zero friends
>Doesn't even have family I could add on FB to give me friends.

I'm just really lonely. I just want a friend I can do little things with like playing games, walking around, or just grabbing a bite to eat. I haven't done anything like that since I was twelve.

..And would they also think it weird of me if I didn't use my full name? I don't like being searchable on FB.

>> No.7980548

>>7980530
A lot of people use nicknames on FB, don't worry. Also it's not strange if you have few friends/ no friends at all; in fact if you use a nickname and hve no friends they will probably think it's a FB account just for your hobbies, so don't worry.
Get better soon, anon-chan!

>> No.7980563

>>7980548
A friend of mine got her FB deactivated and FB demanded scans of legal documents because she used a nickname.

>> No.7980565

>>7980530
Well, I'm a dude and I still got into Rufflechat. Why not give that a start?

>> No.7980566

>>7980563
Whoah what? I have been going by my stage name for about 5 years on FB and nothing like that happened to me... I guess you gotta stay ubtle or something?

>> No.7980567

>>7980566
Yeah, the post botheree me too. That's some /pol/ level conspiracy shit right there

>> No.7980569
File: 185 KB, 298x360, 1417111393477.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7980567
>>7980563
>trusting the facejew
>not installing gentoo
you brought this upon yourselves

>> No.7980571

>>7980567
Actually, totally new anon here but the name policy is true, and has always been in place to stop people who imitate actors, singers and famous people, etc. A girl I know who had a Burlesque name had her second profile (the burlesque one) reported, and subsequently removed.

You can just google it. The snopes page on drag queen names being banned has a full lettered response about the issue from a facebook official. It's pretty interesting, but they don't enforce the rule too strongly.

Chances are, someone had a vendetta against >>7980563 's friend and reported them.

>> No.7980575

>>7980563
Someone from my circle of friends, who used their REAL name got their account deactivated until they show them their ID, only because someone reported them out of vendetta.

>> No.7980583

>>7980530
where are you from?

>> No.7980632

>>7980530
>>7980563
Just don't use a nickname that's too obvious. I don't know you anon, and it's hard to give advice judging from one anonymous post. Didn't you make any friends at school or work?

>> No.7980643
File: 137 KB, 393x430, __32.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

More weeb related than /cgl/ related but

> Destroy every urge to draw anime and start drawing seriously in early high school
> In art school and anime art is heavily looked down upon
> In figure drawing class, it's almost finals time
> Someone points to my picture
> "Who drew that? It looks like a Japanese cartoon!"
> Doesn't see the resemblance to anything anime
> What did I do wrong?
> Now feel like my skills are regressing and people are thinking differently of me because someone made that comment

>> No.7980657

>>7980643
Don't sweat it anon. They were probably just an uncultered swine that believes any drawing of thinner people not made it that horrible sketchy tumblr style is one of them annie-mays. The fact that you were accepted to school and are nearing finals means you deserve to be there. Don't worry too much about labels, just do your thing.

>> No.7980660

>>7980643
Post pics of picture

>> No.7980664

>>7980657
Not the art anon, but thank you so much for writing this. I'm also an art school anon, and I tried so hard to stop drawing anime myself until my teachers told me they liked it better than my other stuff.
I still feel uncomfortable drawing anime style for class work though.

>> No.7980680

>just had long day of post ild meetup
>had good time, figured hot chocolate would round it off
>put too much whip cream on, forgot milk
>tried to drink off excess, boiling water hits tongue

tl;dr i think there is no skin on my tongue anymore

>> No.7980787

>>7980643
Are you me anon? I had to deal with the same issue in animation.

>Draw a really good picture of Video girl Ai
>Roommates even comment how it looks like the cover
>Gets a D on it because it's anime art.

No really the teacher comment that it wasn't 'applied enough' and it was too small/too anime and not something else more uniform (like a vase.) I kid you not.

>> No.7980805

>>7980787
>animation
>gets a D for drawing something from actual animation

>> No.7980826
File: 464 KB, 961x1200, Princess-Ai-princess-ai-1721275-961-1200.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7980805

>*Correction Princess Ai not Video Girl ai.

I went to the Art institute for animation and game design and the course I was talking that I got a D on was art basically. We had to do contouring/cross hatching and the fundamentals (that I did way back in high school,) so I drew picture related. Her dress was hatching, her lips was dotting, and I blending in various other cross hatching in combinations. Took me five hours to do the whole thing on a giant poster board.

I wish I still had it but after I got that D I just stopped caring/applying myself and eventually dropped out.

>> No.7980831

>>7980643

For a second I thought I was at /ic/ again
Either way don't worry about it; some people would think that if you drew something like Steven Universe it would be anime.

>> No.7980843
File: 14 KB, 235x220, 1406333575840.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7980528
>have a family mini-concert on Christmas Eve
>MIL plays the fiddle, 4 SILs play the clarinet while I follow up on a low D (ayy) whistle
>have asthma
>can't into ornamentation for shit
>nervous as tits
>lord help me

>> No.7980974

>working on first costume I've ever made
>it's entirely spandex
>everything is coming out alright anyway
>the top is a clusterfuck
>can't sew it properly
>end up just hot gluing it
>it looks fine and stays together
>didnt have enough black thread so all of my bobbin thread is brown
>looks fine anyway
>don't have a serger, have to use my embroidery machine that can hem the edges
>no patterns, eyeballing everything
>somehow everything turned out okay

My only issue is that I can't get
my double sided tape to stick to the top, so I might have to add clear straps. I don't know if I just have shitty tape, or if the tape just won't stick to the spandex.

>> No.7980978

>>7980826
>Art institute
That's... Not a good school to go to if you're taking art seriously, anon.

>> No.7981010

>>7980978
At the time I was just fresh out of high school and trying to escape from my family by going to a school that could at least get my foot in the door for an art career (because I wanted to make my own video game back then.)

I waited until the last minute to apply due to some personal issues (as in I was homeless and my grandmother just died) and they were the only ones I could still apply with my shitty C- GPA.

I regret it now because it was horrible. I was with three other roommates (two were racist and one had the high bitch sense because she graduated from India and was the oldest at 24.) Nobody considered animation or even cartoon style as real art (only that stuff you see in design class with the 3D shapes,) and I was going through serious depression at the time.

I'm the same anon that's trying to get another job and learning Russian/Japanese. I thought about moving states (because I want to do translation and maybe art on the side,) but I need a job first and my job now is located in California but my boss is so anal and weird that I'm worried that if I ask to relocate she's going to say no and send me back to square one.

>Tl;DR: My life is shit because I made it shit and I'm in my mid twenties with little to no job experience.

>> No.7981017

Go to a meet
A fellow lolita tells me she really likes my coord. She goes on by how much I have improved and she really thinks I look nice. She then quickly adds it is not like my other coords were bad or anything, but the current one was much better. Not sure if I should I take it as a compliment. Not sure if I have been ita all this time and never knew...

>> No.7981024

>>7980530
Holy shit your story is very similar to mine with some age differences.
Just make a facebook pages and change your setting so only you can see your friends or lack there of. You can also change your settings so you can only be searchable by friends or something.
Everyone on my facebook are people I've meet in the lolita community. Where do you live anon?

>> No.7981029
File: 836 KB, 300x220, 0bN2g.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just bought first wig ever
>very natural honey blonde, looks super cute with most of my darker outfits
>haven't shown it to boyfriend yet but am planning to
>watching tv series that evening
>slightly annoying character has long blonde hair very similar to my new wig
>out of nowhere, bf says "You know, I never liked girls with hair like that."
>uh okay
>"Blonde hair just doesn't look good to me. I very much prefer brunettes like you!"
>that's nice but why are you telling me this
>"lol idk just making smalltalk"

Way to make my upcoming wig-coming-out-moment so much more awkward, dude.

>> No.7981031

>>7981017
no, that's exactly what she didn't mean. She even clarified it. Unless she was lying, don't assume you were bad before.

>> No.7981034

>>7981029
sounds like he was just trying to awkwardly compliment you, guys are the worst at that

>a few years back
>a guy that I later found out had a crush on me
>"I love your new hair colour anon, it looks so much nicer than the last one!"
>I bert stare and say "so my old one was horrible then?
>he gets all flustered and backpedals massively

>> No.7981074

>>7980826
They gave you a D for this? This is the type of shit gets you worshipped in Pixiv and you get a fucking D?

It looks beautiful, and I'd still say that even if I didn't know shit about anime or the series it's from.

>> No.7981079

>>7981031
Ok, maybe I am completely over thinking it.

>> No.7981098

>tffw spend ten minutes making a lolita parody of welcome to the black parade
>post it
>thread immediately deleted

o-oh.

>> No.7981101

>>7981034
Maybe. He does have a tendency to "compliment" me by telling me how I'm so totally not like other girls he knows, as if that's automatically a good thing. I'm pretty sure it's more of a "I'm so glad you're cool and not like those other people I know who suck!" thing than a generalized misogyny thing but it's still kind of dumb and I wish he'd stop. Guys need to learn that "you suck less than other people!" isn't a good compliment.

I really hope he won't hate the wig, though. He already thinks I'm a crazy person for owning more than two pairs of shoes, let alone an extra set of hair.

>> No.7981103

>>7981098
If that makes you feel better I read it and it was awesome and I even thought about singing it on Vocaroo until I remembered my voice is fucking awful

>> No.7981104

>>7981103
i'd sing it myself but my voice is also absolutely awful. i saved it in notepad though.

>> No.7981108

>>7981101
>He already thinks I'm a crazy person for owning more than two pairs of shoes, let alone an extra set of hair.
kek, just explain to him that it's better than having that blonde hair that he clearly hates so much all the time

>> No.7981116

>>7981034
>awkwardly compliment
>be aggressive towards him as a result
Fuck son calm down.

>> No.7981121

>>7981098
> thread related to /cgl/
> deleted

That's like a janitor on /jp/ shitting on /jp/'d theme song

>> No.7981123

>>7981108
>it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the blonde again

>> No.7981125

>>7981074
That's the picture anon based theirs off of.
Probably got a D because plagiarism.

>> No.7981146

>>7981125
Or the Art Institute might just be very bad. I know a fellow seagull who's on USC majoring in Art and she's getting places in her video game art design alone.

>> No.7981149
File: 11 KB, 183x294, lol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981125
>>7981074

God I was showing that was the picture that I drew. I don't have the original one because it was ten years ago and I moved around ten times (and was homeless again after I dropped out of college.)

But yeah it looked like that except it had dotting/cross hatching/hatching.

No I got a D because they don't like animation artwork at the Art institute.

>> No.7981164
File: 57 KB, 450x315, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>lose 35 lbs
>feel damn good about myself
>plan cosplay with skintight catsuit
>surprise! pregnancy
>have to gain 35 lbs
>too late to replan cosplay, already got a running head start
>going to look fat in it

>> No.7981167

>>7981149
see
>>7981146

As for the homelessness issue, the only consolation I can give you is that its better to be homeless here than anywhere else, you can trust me on that one since I've been one for 3 years and I've been a hobo at one point in the Philippines as well, and I almost died being one over there.

I'm on my mid 20s as well and I know your predicament all two well, shitty decisions, slacked too much in College, all that shit Ive gone through, but if there's one thing I like about it here in the US, its how if you get to soldier that shit, you can get back right on track.

>> No.7981169

>>7981164
How the hell can you get a surprise pregnancy?

>> No.7981176

>>7981164
OH GOD I know that feel.
>Have been chubby all my life. After some hard shit went on at 15, I lost a lot of weight (like, I started at 65 kilos and ended at 45 in like, less than 6 months). Exercising very intensely every day, eating very little
>Banging body, I look like an anime character
>Over the past 5 years, I still eat very little and exercise a bit less
>All the weight comes back suddenly.
>5 years bothering my doctor asking him that something must be wrong with my health. "Nah, it's probably puberty", he says.
>Last month, he finally gets me checked.
>"Eeeuurgh anon I don't know how to say this but it looks like the extreme weight loss may have caused you hypothyroidism. You might even have cancer.
>We have yet to confirm buttt for the moment I'm giving you this medication. Which will make you gain more weight.
TL;DR fuck my fucking life.

>> No.7981179

>>7981169
Surprise pregnancies happen all the time. Looking back at when I conceived, I think I might've still been on antibiotics for bronchitis, which made my pill less effective, and maybe I started have sex too soon for the pill to be working again, which means my boyfriend inseminated me during his birthday sex.

Just a foggy guess, though.

>> No.7981182

>>7981176
Holy shit. I'm so sorry.

>> No.7981186

>>7981182
Don't worry it's probably nothing but it makes me so mad it was healthier before losing weight. Now I'm unhealthy + fat again, I can't win.

>> No.7981194

>>7981176
The fuck is with doctors going,
>EHH, IT'S PROBABLY NOTHING, YOU'RE JUST PARANOID
Fucking assholes, I'd shove that stethoscope up their ass.

>> No.7981202

>>7981176
Have you tried getting a second opinion?

>> No.7981213

>>7981194
>>7981202
Nah, he's an incredible good doctor, I think his error might have been a combination of me being a little paranoid + my country's health system being shit. My last blood tests are next week and I guess the finally will confirm it's just a little hormonal imbalance and not cancer.

>> No.7981219

>>7981213
Holy fuck sorry for my bad writing but it's late and I'm quite sleepy.

>> No.7981242
File: 108 KB, 1024x576, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just moved to Minnesota from the South Eastern US. I don't know anyone here other than my brother, I live alone and don't have a job yet.

I guess I'd forgotten how hard it is to meet people/make friends without school or work forcing you to socialize. So ronery.

So, uou know if there's any seagulls in the Minneapolis area...

>> No.7981274
File: 51 KB, 451x336, bettywhite.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> small wardrobe
> feel like I can't wear it because ugly

>> No.7981276

>>7980528
>post photo for ild in CoF
>Pretty happy with it. It isn't god-tier, but I'm proud
>out of curiosity, look through the people who like it
>a fucking sissy liked it
>so grossed out
I know I'm probably overreacting but I'm so fucking disgusted
why do they allow sissies to join the fucking group

>> No.7981287

>>7981274
Makeup solves anything anon.

>> No.7981289

Sorry for delayed responses. I was at work all day.
>>7980548
I guess that's true. Thank you, that's very reassuring. I'm much better than what I used to be, and as long as I keep going in the right direction things will get even better.

>>7980565
Ah, I see. Perhaps it would be easier to start talking to others who don't live near me before I delve into a local community. I'll definitely try that.

>>7980571
I see so using a nickname is something you're technically not supposed to do. Although, I don't think I would be too devastated if my FB got deleted. Maybe I'll be comfortable enough to make one with my real name by then.
>>7980583
New Hampshire.
>>7980632
Yeah, of course. I'd pick something very real sounding.

I didn't go to highschool for long, and I was bullied the whole time I was in school. The only form of friends I really made were people just keeping me around to mess with me. So, I don't really want to reconnect with them or anything like that...

As for work, I get along with one co-worker pretty well to the point I can act naturally, but I dunno. It's hard to explain. I just feel that she doesn't like me that much. She's nice by all means, but I don't think we'll ever be close friends or "let's hang out" friends.

>> No.7981290

>>7981242
I live about halfway between Minneapolis and Mankato

>> No.7981291

>>7981098
I liked it anon. Post it elsewhere please?

>> No.7981305
File: 40 KB, 312x1444, toyparade.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981291
>inb4 ban

>> No.7981346

>>7981169
How do you think?

>> No.7981374

>>7981024
Sorry, I don't know how I missed this post. You can do that? Wow. That's really handy. That would make me feel really less weird about it, haha.

I'm in New Hampshire. Although we can still chat. I added my throwaway email address to the top if you want to send me a message.

>> No.7981474

>tfw you plan on making a winter coat

>oh look I have a million other projects to do that are suddenly more important

>live in the Hudson Valley

the struggle is real.

>> No.7981497
File: 341 KB, 801x408, not as cute.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Seagulls, I feel at a loss.
I just hate my body and my face so much. It's strange, but, I know that I'm not ugly or fat. I guess it makes more sense to say, I'm not ugly or fat by general standards, but by my own, I'm a fucking monster.
All I ever want, more than anything, is to be tiny. I want one of those cute, slim frames that so many girls seem to have, with thin legs that just have that perfect amount of thigh on them. A flat tummy with a cute, boyish waistline.
But I'm built like a fucking football player. It's as if my skeleton was meant for someone who pushed 6 babies out. I have massive hips and thighs that refuse to slim down, with that ugly blob on top where it connects to my pelvis. From behind, I look like one huge rectangle.
I'm just at a loss. Since I was in seventh grade I'd look in the mirror when I got out of the shower and go to bed crying. And I constantly, constantly get reminded that I'll never look how I want.

And it hurts. It really, really hurts.

>> No.7981507
File: 32 KB, 495x330, its a cat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw live in Canada
>finally both winter wardrobe
>is actually too fucking cold to wear anything plus bad case of anemia
>Ends up wearing layers

>> No.7981511
File: 43 KB, 500x508, 1410149264977.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Maybe just more of a rant, I really don't wanna sham any bodytype but I just urg

>Just got out of some really dark times
>Trying to stay healthy after losing a lot of weight, slowly accepting myself more
>Go to meet
>Two obese girls keep commenting on my "Pear-shaped" body since I have no boobs
>Meassurements now around 75-60-78 cm, regret wearing skirt and blouse
>Always thought I was a straight/ruler
>They both keep pressing on the matter that they're "Hourglasses" and that my hips are so big compared to flat chest

I mad? I mad. I don't know why this body type stuff upsets me so much and I just want to be content with myself
I didn't really say anything back to them because I don't want them to think I was trying to talk back to them or fat-sham or anything

>> No.7981519

>>7980567
I have two friends who used nicknames and got their facebooks shut down until they changed it and provided ID proof.

>> No.7981524

>>7981511
They're probably just jealous. This happens to me alot. I've had a girl tell me that my body was perfect, except no boobs, and even one of my friends told me that I looked better with a super padded bra. I don't even want tits but fuck, some girls are just too jelly.

>> No.7981531

>>7981098
I gave you applause before it was deleted anon

>> No.7981536

>>7981169
When a mommy loves a daddy....

>> No.7981541

>>7981511
Let's say, based on your measurements, you are "pear shaped". You're only bigger on the bottom by 3 fucking CM. THREE. Fuck them fatty jealous twats and keep on rocking.

>> No.7981543

> " I'll check out that fairy kei sales Facebook group"
>ugly normalfag dresses, crap quality handmade accessories

>> No.7981547

>>7981541
>>7981511
I always thought pear shaped worked like how hourglass works, you need x amount of inches different.

I'm a pear shape in regards to tit vs hip, but an hourglass if you take shoulders into consideration, I'm very curvy(not fat girl muh curves curvy) but my titties are nowhere to be found.

>> No.7981600

>>7981511
I know that feel. Every time I go home, my mom keeps scrutinizing me about my weight.

>You've gotten so skinny lately.
>You weren't like that in high school
>You barely have a butt now!

It's one thing to have a stranger or friend make micro-aggressive comments, but it's another when it's your mom or another family member, I think. Either way, I hate it.

I'm not as fit as I was in high school and during my early years in college, but I don't see any drastic changes in my body either.

Those sort of things make me really hate that Meghan Trainor song. We bitches need to stick together; shaming each other because of weight isn't going to get us anywhere.

>> No.7981605

>>7981547
Exactly. Those idiots have sand in their vagina or something

>> No.7981606

>>7981346
>>7981179
>>7981536

I said that because if you are taking antibiotics it says right on the fucking package to not have sex X amount of time. If you can't control your pussy and you know you like to fuck around then that's not a surprise pregnancy. That's being stupid and you deserve it.

>> No.7981623
File: 2.55 MB, 606x334, billgoesfr.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>new lolita asks for advice on really blatantly not lolita dress
>"It's from Milanoo!"
>people advise her to get a new dress and offer constructive suggestions on how to "fix" the Milanoo dress
>"but guys, she didn't ask for constructive criticism, stop telling her what to do!"
>"elitist meanies, not everyone can afford/fit/buy brand."
>people suggested secondhand Bodyline or modifying the existing dress
>mfw

>> No.7981630

>Find dress I love.
>Get it for reasonable price.
>So Excited
>It finally arrives.
>It smells like sweaty old people.

Dammit people, you need to bathe and wash your damn dresses. This is the second time I've received something that stank to high heaven.

>> No.7981645

>>7981630
Put it in a freezer.

>> No.7981654

>>7981645
I washed it because I didn't want someones sweat on me. It wasn't a printed dress and it smells nice now. The point is people should have more shame than to send their dirty laundry to people.

>> No.7981658

>>7981654
I only gave you a suggestion to help you anon. No need to be defensive. Put away your claws.

>> No.7981663

>>7981630
this is why I rarely sell shit
I wash things after wear, but I'm terrified I've gone nose-blind and that everything actually smells
I'm terrified that my whole house smells, and vacuum an extra time, and light candles if I find out anyone's coming over

>> No.7981665

>>7981658
I thought it was a joke considering how people reacted in the last thread when someone asked if putting the dress in the freezer was okay.

>> No.7981667

>>7981600
>anorexic
>mom: you need to lose weight, you're getting flabby
>recovered
>mom: why are you so fat?
>gained 50lbs due to medication for said mental health issues, 15lbs overweight
>mom: you look so healthy anon <3

Fuck you momlogic

>> No.7981670

>>7981497
Post a picture.
>>7981511
Disregard fat people, acquire beauty.

>> No.7981678

>>7981663
I feel like you can't become so nose blind to not notice smells this strong. I have a pretty sensitive nose though especially when it come to body smells including my own. If you clean yourself and your house and your clothes they probably smell fine.

>> No.7981681

>>7981600
I know the feeling. Even side comments like,
> "Oh those clothes still fit you?" (Implying I'd gained weight in a few months)
really hurt.

I know I'm overweight. I'm stressed out, my own family making digs against my weight isn't making me feel any better.

>> No.7981682

>>7981176
This right here, is why rapid weight loss is no good. Fucks your shit up.
Knew a chick whose anorexia (college swim team + raw veganism) ended up causing her to develop ulcerative colitis.

>> No.7981684

>>7981678
>they probably smell fine
the logical part of me knows this, but I'm still fucking terrified that I, my home, and my possessions *might* smell
and for some reason, that's terrifying

>> No.7981686

I posted in the other thread about worrying about starting to have an ED. I have gotten my appetite back, so I've been eating a little bit more. Still at 145 for now, but I've been getting stupid thoughts though.

After all this I kind of feel bad for my past friends who had these types of thoughts, I never could understand it as I was always underweight and made fun of it for it. Now I'm on the other side. I think if I could have anything right now it would be to have a friend to get fit with.

>> No.7981688
File: 12 KB, 500x350, mc9qhDtm1rl9td5o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981524
>>7981541
I'm not sure if it's that they're jealous, really. They're always really self-confident about their figures, cosplaying exposed-belly characters while I'll be spending this winter doubting over an Illya-Archer cosplay. I think it's really just all about self-confidence.

>>7981547
I have the same with my shoulders. I feel you anon, bony curves are a pain in regard to chest size most of the time.

>>7981600
>Meghan Trainor song
>Every inch of you is perfect
>Except skinny bitches I mean fuck them right

Yeah, it made me sad. In general, plus-sizers shouldn't have to feel like they're not excepted, so the fact that this song was needed is meh in general.

>>7981497
Familiar feels, anon. Please don't be sad. If it's your structure, things will be the way they are and you can't alter that (except if you want to be like those silly tiny women in China who have their legs broken to get taller). I think the key is self-acceptance, maybe find someone who can professionally help you with your self-image. I really wish I could do more for you now...

>> No.7981689

>>7981507
I FELT THAT FEEL TODAY.

>> No.7981690

>>7981684
Wow repetition there, sorry

>> No.7981691

>>7981684
I have the same problem to be fully honest but I notice that everyone else around me smells so terrible that I probably smell great by comparison (a lot of my friends are the weird artsy type that don't bathe or shave or wear deodorant so they smell awful all the time). I actually bathe and wear deodorant and perfume but there is always a part of me that thinks I might smell like sweat.

>> No.7981697
File: 1.94 MB, 189x189, 1416565803816.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>accidentally drank the wrong tea
>now I ruined my sleeping schedule and can't fall asleep
>caught a bug
>sinuses the size of the Liffey
>a slieve of napkins all over my desk
>eyes puffed up so much I can barely put on glasses
>saved up serious money to get me a nice wool coat but the selection in this fucking country is only ever down jackets and anoraks and other fugly crap
>meanwhile in Galeries Lafayette they have an amazing selection and everything is twice as cheap but the shipping is out the arse, and more second-world problems
the ride never ends

>> No.7981698

>>7981600
I feel that, I started college last September and have gained five pounds, my dad always makes comments about it whenever I'm home. Shit hurts.

>> No.7981700

>>7981691
I've put my friends under orders to tell me if I ever do smell
because now and then, I catch a whiff of something when we're out
and I can't tell if it's me or someone else, but it's never my friends, so I assume it's me

ughfuckshit
I guess this is what happens when you grow up with disgusting jock brothers who bathe once a week and douse themselves in spray to cover it up

>> No.7981705

>>7981700
It might be other people around you. This past summer I basically realized that every man I passed smelled like sweat. It was pretty darn hot but man it felt like no one wore deodorant. I check to see if I smell when no one is looking because I get so nervous. You had jock brother, I had a mother with a very sensitive sense of smell telling me I stank even after I took a shower (granted I was a teenager and that was years ago and she doesn't do that anymore but now I'm paranoid for life)

>> No.7981709

>>7981705
it's summer here, and stinking hot (yeahyeah)
I just checked and I currently smell of deodorant and the purfume I wear (lightly citrus, hint of woody undertones)
but I haven't been out much today

in lolita, I get so scared I reek because of all those layers. i've started using those underarm guards in non-sheer blouses, just to be safe, and I feel so much more secure with them in. but if I'm in chiffon, goddamn. I'm checking every half hour or less.

>> No.7981710
File: 63 KB, 525x400, etiquette-book-with-cover-2[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981497
That sucks, anon. The good news is that your problem is based on self-esteem and self-acceptance (well, lack thereof). The bad news is that gaining both of those things is incredibly difficult.

But ultimately it's more achievable than trying to change your bone/facial structure. Plastic surgery has come a long way, but it's not magic and it doesn't solve internal problems.

>>7980528
I've been reading a book on etiquette and I've realized what an ass I've been to people in my life. Completely thoughtless and cruel. I can't go back and fix the things I've done or said, and no matter how good of a person I am from now on it's not going to completely fix past mistakes.

Also, I'm having trouble finding Christmas presents for my family. I don't even know what they like.

>> No.7981716

>>7981710
>I'm having trouble finding Christmas presents for my family
I know that feel. I don't know what they like and when they mention something they like, they go and buy it on their own. I had to ask my parents to make a list of things they wanted this year, and ordered them not to buy anything from the list until after new year's.

>> No.7981721

>>7981709
can we trade seasons I beg you
>>7981710
Keep in mind anon that etiquette books tend to over-exaggerate things quite a bit. I don't know anyone irl who behaves like the perfect human specimen that they describe in those and they seem to be doing quite alright.
Only keep in mind some common sense things and you're golden. People don't get offended as easily as they tend to portray in such books, and a lot of people understand if you're having a rough day. I think understanding and acceptance is a lot more important than perfect etiquette. Granted, where I live is not exactly known for immaculate self-control and warm smiles, but still.

>> No.7981722
File: 996 KB, 500x268, asdfjkl.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981511
same. i've gained probably... 40 pounds since high school and it's really frustrating. my major requires me to sit a LOT and due to my schedules for the past 2.5 years it's been really hard for me to find a stable "hey time to work out" hour or two for my days. i regularly eat one meal a day now simply because i forget, and sometimes i even forget to eat that single meal. even then i eat maybe ~1500 calories max a day. my mom and dad point it out every time that i got fatter, and how i have a "mom's body" at the age of 20.

>lolita gave me a confidence boost when i started wearing it
>gained 20-30 pounds gradually through first and second year of college
>put on dresses now and feel like a fat sack of shit
>sell dress because i'm depressed that i spend so much on something i dont even look 110% good in
>rinseandrepeat.jpg

>> No.7981723

>>7981497
looks are one of those things that, for the most part, are as big of a deal as you make it out to be. You don't need to be perfect. Being perfect would be boring anyway.
I think looks is only a portion of what makes someone cute or attractive or whatever. So don't just focus on that one part ya dingus. You're fine.

>> No.7981725

>>7981721
gladly. we've been getting daily thunderstorms for a week now. every evening, just around dusk, in roll the thunderheads. flash flooding and downed trees everywhere.

>> No.7981752

>>7981722
The less you eat the more your body stores as fat
Survival stuff and all that

>> No.7981759 [DELETED] 
File: 148 KB, 864x922, feelz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>i have a fetish for lolita girls
i live in FL who wants to date me

>> No.7981767

>>7981721
>perfect human
I'm not far into the book, but so far it's all pretty reasonable.

>Etiquette isn’t a set of “prescriptions for properness” but merely a set of guide -
lines for doing things in ways that make people feel comfortable.
I have trouble with that kind of thing. I kinda stumble into conversations and making people comfortable, which sucks because when they're at ease it's easier for me to feel at ease. It makes social interaction a lot easier. I know it's a weird thing to say, but I suck at dealing with people and I want to get better at it.

>> No.7981771

I'm just sad and lonely.

I go to conventions but I'm always alone because I don't have friends or a girlfriend. I used to have fun even by myself but now I just go and feel depressed and can't enjoy the convention anymore.
That makes me want to isolate myself even further and stop going to cons and give up on socializing and friends and relationships altogether. I'm not especially interesting or good looking and I don't think people would want to put up with the inexperience of a weirdo on his mid 20s.
Sometimes I think I should just focus 100% on my career and give up on all the rest.

>> No.7981774

>>7981531

>>7981305

>> No.7981777
File: 600 KB, 960x553, 1393387708291.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981759
Do you seriously think this is the way to go about this?

Jesus Christ dude.

>> No.7981860

>>7981771
Get a career, worry about that relationship bullshit once you're done with college.

>> No.7981865

>>7981860
I'm done with college and I have a career.

>> No.7981873

>>7981860
Shut up.

>> No.7981877

>>7981777
You're replying to bait. There's no way that anyone would be inept enough to think that would work.

>> No.7981881

>>7981777
>paying attention to SO

well duh they're not paying attention to you.

>coat doesn't fit
>hat too small

what a dweeb

>> No.7981885

>>7981860
>cuckwork faggotry

>> No.7981898
File: 127 KB, 283x281, tumblr_mn67oifZ7N1s6eodgo1_500-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

minor annoyance

>Working on cosplay
>Doesn't buy everything for various reasons (things need to be thrifted, no good fabrics at stores i checked, ect)
>Suddenly very sick, had to miss a few days of work and buy medicine
>Suddenly has several unexpected but important things to take care of
>Passes miles to next oil change due to constant extra driving
>mfw all the money earmarked for finishing these cosplays is spent on a ton of unexpected purchases

good thing i get craft store gift cards for christmas. it's a little annoying to have to wait until then, though.

>> No.7981966

>my friend considers me boyfriend material wants to go to a con with me
>I don't just want a relationship right now, I just want to slut it up to fuel my ego

What do I do?

>> No.7981985

>>7981667

Our moms. My mom's a relapsed anorectic, so her comments are all over the place because she'll catch herself encouraging me.
>Me: Healthy BMI
>Mom: "I didn't raise a fat child... Where did you get these habits!"
>Me: Comments start agitating my depression/anxiety and become ~50lbs overweight over the course of a few years.
>Mom: "Why can't you just do what I did in highschool. Half a sandwich a day is enough if you're just sitting at school all day!"
>Me: Loses those nearly 50 pounds in 3 months
>Mom: "You're just going to gain it all back!"
>Me: Weight stabilizes over summer b/c binging once/twice a week. Best guess is having to be around my mom and sister 24/7.
>Mom: "Why are you so skinny you need to gain weight."
>Me: nothing happens in regards to weight loss, just a lot of restriction/fasting for a week and binging for ~2 days, repeat.
>Mom: "You're not FAT you're just... Really chubby. You need to lose weight."

And it's an endless cycle. I've noticed now that I'm in college she's been super paranoid, calling and asking if I've eaten almost every other day. I only managed to lose 15 pounds while at school, but I gained 5 back which sucks since it's only a net of -10.
But yeah, momlogic. She doesn't realize how much this switching around effs with my head.

>> No.7982037

>>7981242
I'm half an hour south of Minneapolis. I think there's only a few of us around here.

>> No.7982043
File: 783 KB, 1500x1796, a feel from the abyss.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no lolita gf

>> No.7982057

>>7981985
Or the worst
>anon you look healthy
I'm pretty sure my mom is a closet bulimic, I know for a fact that she binges and is 50-60lbs overweight. She also has diagnosed borderline personality disorder that she refuses to get treatment for because obviously the multiple doctors telling her she has it are wrong.

>> No.7982073

>>7982057
jfc that really is. Especially when I have really obvious dark circles and my skin looks lifeless. It makes me think I haven't lost anything at all/gained and pushes me to get worse.

My mom's been trying to hide her latest relapse and she's failing miserably. The worst is she binges maybe once a month and she always blames it on me.
>Mom: "You pushed me to do this! Why didn't you stop me!?"
She usually gets drunk the day after so a lot of her feelings come out. She also potentially has narcissistic personality disorder, she thinks psychologists/mental disorders are rubbish so she refuses to see one. But after a psych class I took I approached the professor and asked her about it and she gave me her best guess.

But our mom's are weirdly similar. I have a few regular health problems doctors want me to get checked out for (they're genetic, and I'm showing signs in so many aspects. I've had every doctor whether they're a GP or OBG/YN tell me to get tested for two specific things) and my mom keeps saying all the doctor's are wrong and that if I'm sick I'll never get hired for a job and my school will take away my scholarship. Also that social services would be called and take me away. So she'll make appointments (she's pretty much forced to) to get tested and then cancel them or straight up steal my car keys so I can't go. I'm in college now, but no where around here take my insurance so I'm stuck.

>> No.7982091
File: 42 KB, 300x248, 1352780810863.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bf and I make two new friends
>we click so much that we decide to go to local con together
>find out girl friend has friends with benefits
>greasy LoL neckbeard who stinks like armpits
>she is in love with him
>he is a massive douche
>cheated on her several times
>tells her they're done but they'll still bang
>ignores her when she cries
>she still goes back even though he mistreats her
>mfw

I have his address and phone number, plus a few history facts about him from Google. I have all winter break to make him miserable.

>> No.7982100

>>7982091
>meddeling in peoples business who you just met

Sounds like a woman

>> No.7982101

>>7982091
>find out girl friend has friends with benefits
>cheated on her several times

>Friends with benefits
>Cheating

Anon, pls.

>> No.7982105

>>7981511
I'm confused because pear is a nice shape.

>> No.7982108

>>7982101
This was before they became friends with benefits, anon.

>> No.7982111

>>7982091
>>ignores her when she cries
You would hope so. You don't bring emotions into a fwb situation

>> No.7982122

>>7982108
I don't know about before, but she told him that they were done (fwb) and was crying as he ignored her. I told her to leave right then (in text), but I bet she'd go back once he wags his dick towards her again.

>> No.7982129

>>7981985
I feel you. I see my parents once a year because I live abroad. I have gained probably 10kg over the last 7 years.

> started out 58kg at 176cm tall, am probably 68kg now, still similar measurements however.
> visited a few years ago
> both my mum and grandma criticising my weight.
> grandma says: "oh you've got fat!" I was probably 34-36-40 at the time. I have huge hips and I always have since I hit puberty, with a very small upper body.
> feel confused because they're telling me to dress in such a way to flatter my curviness, and telling me I'm beautiful and "voluptuous", but then seem to desire that I look the way I did as a teenager
> "don't sit that way, you're developing a muscle that makes your hips look wide" - some bro science from my mum when I was 13.
>pretty sure my mother underfed me when I lived at home as well as herself.
>"but if your weight goes over 70kg...." Ultimatum
> mum is always on diets and criticising her body when she's a skinny woman and always has been

I don't know how to feel. I was always a twiggy teenager but I've become quite curvy, plus I'm tall. I've always been pear shaped... I can feel my femur bones at the widest points of my hips, I can't do anything about it besides shave away my bones.

I'm going back to visit at the end of this week and am dreading the thought of what my mother is going to say. I know I've gained weight and I feel like shit about it.

>> No.7982131

>>7982129
26 not 36, sorry.

>> No.7982137
File: 7 KB, 200x231, defector.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7982091
Lol, she sounds like a retard. Both of them deserve to be mistreated.

>> No.7982273
File: 1.07 MB, 310x325, ambushed.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981771
I can match your sadness and loneliness, anon.

I've been going to conventions for a long time with a small pack of friends, and we've always had fun, but they've changed so drastically that I feel left behind. They've become really outgoing and the type of con-goers largely in it for the party, while I just mostly want to enjoy the con for its sights and atmosphere. So even though they're there, I still feel ultimately alone, and it hangs in the back of my mind and has increasingly made conventions painful reminders of how socially off I am. I've already gotten to the point where I don't really try to match the out-going vibe of my con-friends anymore because it just emphasizes the distance between us and makes me think that they think I'm super straight-laced and joyless when I'm not. Idk I just want a friendship where we don't have to say much and are just happy to have each other near, which sounds weird for a case in her 20s.

>> No.7982282

I use all of my energy to get up, go to work, do my best, and come home.

That is it.

It is like I only exist to survive. Like I am running on pure instinct to get from point A to point B. There is no happiness or joy. Just guilt, sadness, and loneliness.

And I'm too afraid to ask for help because I think no one would understand. I'm also afraid that this is what life is.

>> No.7982284

>>7982282
>Try to keep it /cgl/ related.

oops.

>> No.7982288

>>7981771
>>7982273
This is a problem for me too. All the friends I've ever had have been very outgoing and extraverted since they have always been the ones to approach me and drag me along to things. Over the years they have gotten more extraverted and I have gotten more introverted to the point where being around them for more than a few minutes exhausts me. I've stopped forcing myself to go to parties with them and they've stopped inviting me so we've pretty much lost contact.
>I just want a friendship where we don't have to say much and are just happy to have each other near
This exactly. What worries me is that I've mentioned this to people (parents, mostly) and they just tell me that this is something that only comes from knowing someone all your life. Currently I know no one. How am I supposed to build a friendship like this if I first have to go through a lifetime of being exhausted and annoyed by that person while waiting for them to mellow out? That sounds horrible.
Maybe I should try making friends online but I'm even more socially awkward and insecure online than offline.

>> No.7982339

I feel like utter shit right now. I procrastinated again, I have achieved nothing of all the things I wanted this semester. Since my grades got so bad I won't get a chance to make my masters degree and I don't see the point in studying anymore, I have zero motivation. Everytime I try to pick up a book I have a shit load of other things to do like working, cleaning or doing the laundry. Also I'm so sick of having to spend 5 hours a day in public transport to get to my university. And to top it off I had to move in to my boyfriends parents house some months ago due to a fight with my mom. It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't live like pigs, our room is the only clean one. I can't even enjoy a tea or bake some cupcakes in their dirty kitchen. All this made me gain weight again and I feel like a fat fuck in my dresses. If I only could see my cats I had to leave at my moms house more often..

I really just wish I could live in my own apartment with my boyfriend and my cats, with a cute decorated loli-bedroom and my own damn kitchen and living room and my university in my own city or at least an office job after having my bachelors degree.

>> No.7982343

>>7982288
Logically your friends are more outgoing and extroverted because you clearly haven't put in any fucking effort in making friends by your own initiative. Other introverts who would be more similar to you are less likely to approach you so you're stuck with whomever is willing to make the effort to reach out to you.

Take a second to step outside yourself and actually listen to what you're saying. Would you want to be friends with a pill who thinks people are exhausting and annoying/something to be put up with? Who the fuck owes you a friendship when you're going into it with that sort of shitty mindset?

>> No.7982431

>>7982343
>since they have always been the ones to approach me and drag me along to things
I'm aware of that, anon. My more extraverted friends weren't a good match for me since they wanted contact 24/7 (not exaggerating; I'd regularly get "hey whatcha doin?!!? :D" texts at 3 am on school nights) whereas I need a lot of time to myself. I'm not surprised, or upset, that these friendships didn't work out.
What I need is to meet other introverts who enjoy the same things I do and are okay with not meeting up very often. I'm perfectly willing to put effort into a relationship but not if that comes in the shape of doing things I absolutely hate (like going clubbing) and pretending to be having a good time.

>> No.7982485

>>7981164
You had to spread those legs didn't you?

>> No.7982490

>>7981665
No people actually do this. If you seen the Taobao threads one anon explained that freezing clothes kills bacteria or something. This is how they get rid of the industry smell from items.

What last thread? This one? Don't take this thread seriously. It's either full of trolls like shit poster above me or people who need to rant/are angry.

>> No.7982494

>>7982485
You must be jelly, seeing as you are commenting on a post from miles upthread.

>> No.7982495

>>7982431
>texts at 3AM
well that's just rude.

>> No.7982502

>>7982494
>Jelly about a girl getting pregnant on purpose and abloobloobloo.

0/10

>> No.7982539

>>7982091
>I have all winter break to make him miserable.
Her situation sucks, but that's just petty. It's none of your business. If she really likes him, you have no right to interfere - and if she finds out, she'll be upset with you.

>> No.7982567

>>7982431
>3am
>on school nights

I don't know about you, but once you hit after college anything after 9pm needs to be scheduled,

>> No.7982631

>>7982495
It works for some people I guess. Just not for me.

>>7982567
No I agree, and I felt like that even back in high school. I just somehow ended up being surrounded by super impulsive people who thought planning takes the fun out of things. Personally I'd like to know about outings and other activities at least a day in advance so I can schedule my day around it. They used to call me "the robot". I need other robot friends to hang out with.
>/r9k/ need not apply

>> No.7982716

>>7982282
I understand this feeling.
It caused me to distance myself from all my loli and cosplay friends, and I miss them...
But they don't understand that period of my life, and it's hard to repair damage from some one who suddenly disappeared for a year or so.

>> No.7982723

>>7982631
It isn't about it "working" for some people, it's about people generally sleeping at that time so calling or texting them is rude as fuck.
If you want to call someone at 3AM ask first, people shouldn't be waking you up because they got bored or want to go to a club, that's fucking disgusting.

>> No.7982728

>>7981606
It says on the package to use a backup method for x amount of time (usually one week after), not to not have sex.

>> No.7982733

>>7982431
4chan meet ups would be best then

Have you thought about joining /cgl/ meet ups at cons? It's a pretty cool crowd.

/jp/, /m/ and /o/ are fun as well since they're more fun to talk to when it comes to anime than people from /a/ these days.

>> No.7982755

>>7982723
>be senior in high school
>recently got a new phone and my sister's old phone number
>be 2 am
>be sleeping
>phone goes off
>man calling asks if I remember him from the party last week
>have to explain that this is my sister's old phone number and I'm not waking sister up for him
>man gets pissed and accuses me of lying because I "sounded like I did at the party" or something
>ask sister about it the next day and she denies it

but seriously, you called me at 2 am, why do you think this is acceptable? Unless you're a friend and you're having a crisis/emergency, the phone should never go off after 7 if I don't know you.

>> No.7982800

>these posts about weight

>over last four years began making my diet super healthy, cut out one bad habit after another
>eat far less quantity and fewer overall meals, less at each meal
>can't physically eat my old portions because overfull to the point of being sick
>everything is healthy and made from scratch
>no bread, no pasta, little to no added sugar, tons of fruit and veg, meat eggs and fish for protein
>more cardio exercise (bike one or two miles commute most days) and jogging when it isn't blistering cold or raining, plus added yoga and bodyweights
>much stronger, more flexible, more endurance than before
>can do side plank when I couldn't before
>fit into smaller clothes, look better, old clothes too big on me

>scale says I gained five pounds (compared to before all this)
>new stretch marks on front of thighs

No, fuck this.

I'm really careful when I'm on top of my boyfriend so he doesn't realize how heavy I am. I lie about my weight to anyone who asks. That fucking scale never goes down, and I'm actually borderline normal/overweight.

On the plus side, I FEEL a lot better physically.

>> No.7982812

>>7982800
Some fruits are actually a lot higher in cals than most people think, so perhaps that's contributing? If you're aware of how many cals in vs cals out, though, and are doing a good job staying under then maybe you should get your thyroid levels checked? My mom got diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few years ago while I was living with her, and when she started gaining weight she began eating healthier/exercising and while the fatigue was lessened, she was still gaining.

Basically, you might actually have a condishun.

>> No.7982816

>>7982800
Muscle weighs more than fat, and who cares if you weigh more than you did when you're obviously smaller? You're definitely over reacting.

>> No.7982873

>>7982812

I don't count calories. It's harder when you cook from scratch. A package just has a tidy number on it, but... I guess it's possible the meats or fats I'm using could be higher than I think. A banana only has 100-120 calories.

I just had bloodwork done and all the numbers were perfect, but maybe they didn't include thyroid numbers. How much did she gain?

>>7982816

Numeric weight is important for some things. Biking, tree climbing, rock climbing (have to hold your weight up).

It's like, I was happy happy happy, then the scale says something completely opposite to what I had been thinking.

Just feels bad. Girls in anime are always stated to weigh like 100 lbs.

>> No.7982874

>>7982539
Don't give me that 'be a bigger woman' bullshit, it's not like I'm keying his car. She won't be upset at all if I sign him up for every junk mail ever.

>> No.7982886

>>7982874
>lel it's okay because it's a minor inconvenience
No, fuck you. Get over it.

>> No.7982893
File: 240 KB, 603x708, 1380963064407.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7982873
>Girls in anime are always stated to weigh like 100 lbs.

Unless you're planning on magically transforming into a 2D girl, I have no idea why you'd care about your weight being more than a number that was probably randomly picked by random Japanese old men working at animation studios.

>> No.7982894

>>7982873
She originally gained ~10 or 15 pounds total after initiating the healthy eating.
Also I'm pretty sure regular blood tests do not include measuring thyroid levels, don't quote me on it, but definitely ask your doctor. Also, a lot of women have issues with their periods when their thyroids are affected, so if yours has been wonky lately you should definitely get checked out. (It's rare but thyroid disorders can lead to infertility if untreated for several years or more.)

If your test results show good thyroid numbers, then it's probably the lack of calorie counting. If you still don't want to count calories, try using smaller plates (cliche, but it works) and being mindful of what you eat. Like a banana might just be 100-120 cals, but if you eat too many you're still going to gain.

>> No.7982898
File: 21 KB, 480x464, 1414366753732.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have to do some sort of presentation on a librettist
>teacher instructs us to “present our findings to the class with powerpoint or prezzi support.”
>don’t have Microsoft Office on my laptop and internet is too shitty to feasibly make anything with Prezi
>put together a slideshow with text on Windows Movie Maker, basically the exact same thing
>ask teacher about it, using the word “video” instead of slideshow because I’m dumb
>”No, I want you to present to the class like everyone else”
>mfw he misinterpreted what I was saying completely
>scared if I try to correct him he’ll just get mad and refuse out of spite, and if I go on and present with what I have without caring he’ll be like “Anon I wanted a Powerpoint, you’re getting a zero out of ten for not following instructions”
What do

>> No.7982900

>>7982898
Try emailing him the file and asking for feedback, if he says he doesn't like the format, try asking a friend/going to library with power point and saving it on a flash drive. If he says it looks good so far, then you have it in writing that he okay'd the format.

>> No.7982901
File: 289 KB, 585x352, 1338270235102.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7982893
>not always aiming to ascend to glorious 2D

>> No.7982926

>>7982894
>using smaller plates

I do this already and it really does help. Can't overeat if you can't fit it on the plate. Itty bitty plates.

Maybe I could try running/biking more often. It's just so cold. If that still doesn't work I'll figure out how to count calories for this stuff like you suggest. To do that I'll probably need culinary weight measures, which is a lot of bother.

>>7982893

I wish to be the little girl.

>> No.7982929

>>7982898

Libreoffice. I use it for everything and prefer it to Microshit. It's also free, in addition to simply being better overall.

>> No.7982935

>>7982898
Use Hotmail (outlook I think it is now?), it has Microsoft word, power point, excel, etc. that you can open in your browser. That's what I had to do the last time I needed to make a power point. The beauty of it too is that it's saved to your account so you can bring it up on any computer with internet access.

>> No.7982961
File: 1.17 MB, 970x717, sbede.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7980528
>always been shit at maths in school
>until maybe 7th year got top marks and was really good but then started declining
>always told "maths are for boys"
>sure enough, all the best students in my maths class were boys
>get progressively worse to a point where I almost failed a year because of it
>at some point after graduating college it gets from my arse to my head that I need to get a decent degree if I ever want to do anything worthwhile in my life
>apply for uni
>everything is scored based on your entrance exam and interview
>exam involves copious amounts of maths
>sit down and study everything from the beginning
>at some point I realise I actually had a terrible teacher
>I also realise this is kind of fun
>end up really liking maths
good feels, great feels
the exam is in several months so I have plenty of time, but I started early
gonna ace that cunt

>> No.7982963

>>7982900
>>7982929
I'll download the alternatives you mentioned and e-mail him to see if it's okay. Thanks, seagulls, you're the best

>> No.7982964

>>7982926
It's actually not that bad! I have two scales, one for ounces and one for grams (I realized my first one didn't have a gram function which was annoying) and it makes it a lot easier to make just one portion! They're not necessary, like you can google some "eyeball" measurements, which considering your activity level would probably be sufficient.
Also, try not to weigh yourself after super intense work outs. You can "gain" quite a bit of water weight from your muscles retaining. (I weighed in heavier after running 20 miles for a charity event, and it was kind of spur of the moment so I hadn't eaten more than usual or anything, ahaha.) and the "gain" can sometimes be a motivation killer, so it's better to just not look at all until you're sure you're not retaining water!

>> No.7982969

>>7982963
No problem, I know how difficult it can be talking to a professor/teacher! I have pretty bad anxiety so I'm always worried I'm bothering/annoying them with questions. E-mails are my saving grace.

>> No.7982993
File: 17 KB, 650x500, 324576236.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7982961
>tfw shit at math in school
>decide to study CS in uni
>really enjoy it
>need math pre-reqs
>take pre-calc course because I didn't take it in high school
>92% in course
>"fuck yeah I'm actually good at this"
>tfw failing Calc 1000, Discrete Math, Linear Algebra
I don't understand where it all went wrong, I've never failed a course in my life and now I'm failing three of them. I don't know how to break this news to my parents...

>> No.7983003

>>7982993
It's probably not a good idea to take three math classes at once.

>> No.7983008

>>7982873
Anime girls have an one entire less dimension than you. It's hardly fair or reasonable to try and compare your weight to them.

But jokes aside they're just imaginary characters. Of course they're going to have idealized/unrealistic qualities.

>> No.7983065

>>7982873

The only way to feel better about your body is to start accepting that your body can't be molded like playdough, its you. You can't change your bodytype without destroying it, just like you can't change your base personality without putting on an exhausting mask....

That last five pounds is literally probably muscle, if your body feels good you dont need to take hours out of your day to try and starve yourself slimmer. You're as fit as you're going to get anon, anything else will just make you feel awful.

>> No.7983066

>>7982993
Some people get the maths, some don't, but in your case, 3 math courses is ill-advised.

>> No.7983072

I've been kind of in a tizzy lately, but I'm sure everything will work out.
Mix of general worry and some good stuff here and there.
I was also finally accepted into my local comm, so that's something to be happy about.

>> No.7983085
File: 701 KB, 250x187, 1406652958616.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7983003
>>7983066
If I had the foresight to take them one at a time, I might have been alright. Now I'm getting stuck because I can't take higher-level courses without completing the math ones and I've met most of my 2000 level electives already.

I'm getting antsy; I want to finish my degree in a reasonable amount of time. I can't tell whether it's because I just don't understand or because I'm lazy. I don't think I'm lazy, but I'm definitely as smart as the people who are getting by with Cs in this class, so...I guess I must be.

>Try to keep it /cgl/ related.
As far as I know, there's only one con in my city per year.

>> No.7983118

>>7982898
Microsoft Office is available online anon. Just google it, login with a microsoft mail (create one if necessary) and use it.

>> No.7983139
File: 14 KB, 100x100, tumblr_inline_nac83hCSEo1r0k6w7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>25 years old
>Keep getting infections over and over again for the past few years
>Doctors claim that it's UTIs and don't know what's wrong with me so they only give me antibiotics
>Go to the dentist one day and find out that my wisdom teeth grew in wrong
>Have to take out all four wisdom teeth and maybe more teeth
>Major dental surgery so it's pricey
>Can't do it until March 2015
>Acen is in May
>mfw

I've been to the doctor before and they said my teeth were fine so what the fuck?

>> No.7983142

>Bought a bunch of mori casual clothing
>Read in one of the threads you're an ita if you have dyed hair
>Don't give a fuck, I love my purple hair

>> No.7983154

>>7981777
This kids a surprisingly good writer, sauce?

>> No.7983156

>Worn lolita for years, used to give me confidence
>Everything's massive on me except for my moitie dress
>Considering selling everything
>Lose weight even though I eat constantly
>Sick often because of low weight/health shit
>Family says I look like I'm dying
>Self conscious forever
Feels really fucking bad man

>> No.7983170

>>7983139
I was in a similar situation Anon, I had symptoms of UTIs for years but it turned out to be something I could fix myself. I dunno if my solution would work for you though cause I'm a dude.

>> No.7983176

>trying to make more friends in my local cosplay community
>shy
>terrible at small talk
>feel awkward as fuck when adding/messaging people on social media
>shit shit shit

Everyone's been really friendly, but I don't want to come across as a creep. "Hey, we only talked for a few minutes at this con/gathering, add me?" I'm probably just being dumb.

>> No.7983177

>>7983139

Dentists, man. Lying sons of bitches. Get a second opinion on dem teeth. My friend had a dentist say she had EIGHT cavities, so she went to a different one and she had ZERO. Don't trust that shit.

>> No.7983182

>>7983139
If it IS UTIs, I get them all the time, too, and my doctor could only say "Some people just have that kind of urethra, anon, sorry". Taking cranberry pills helps me a lot, as does making sure I pee as soon as possible after sex or removing a tampon. Hope things get better for you, anon.

>> No.7983191

>>7983176
Aww, that's kind of cute. Don't worry, a lot of people in the hobby think of networking as the norm these days. I doubt anyone will think you're weird for adding them or sending a quick message about how it was nice to meet them or something.

>> No.7983199

>>7983182
>cranberry pills
Shit Anon, I'm gonna try that.

>> No.7983205

>>7983182
>>7983199
You can drink 1 gallon of cranberry juice as well.

>> No.7983213

>>7980974
holy shit, go get some black thread and use the zig-zag on your machine to finish the edges, god damn

>> No.7983221
File: 31 KB, 100x100, tumblr_mcdu2714SS1r1z90h.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7983177
>>7983182

I'm not sure anons. I'm really paranoid about this. I went to two dentist and one said I had a tooth abscess while the other checked them out and said that my skin grew over both of my wisdom teeth so it would be a good idea to get them all taken out. What if my problems are due because of an infection of my mouth and blood stream? It's really hard to go to a doctor too because it cost money in the USA where I live (plus there's a wait for everything.)

I would get UTIs almost every single month even with drinking six-eight glasses of water and taking vitamins/drinking cranberry and regular juice so I thought something was seriously wrong with me but they took CT scans and everything. I don't have an appetite sometimes either.

To make it worse my side occasionally hurts and my lower area near my uterus (like the vagina area) random shoots up in pain. They say I don't have cysts (which run in my family) and my ultrasound came up clean along with my blood work.

I've been taking d-mannose pills because cranberry juice doesn't work for my infection for some reason.

>I'm so scared and the doctors are not telling me anything.

>> No.7983243

>>7983221
The one who said they all needed out was probably lying. I had a similar problem, and one dentist said to take them all out and another said it was only one, so I got the one taken out and it's fine now.

>> No.7983296

>>7983221
>UTIs almost every single month

How long has that been going on?

Chicky, that isn't normal. I just had a uti that turned into a kidney infection, actually, so I feel your pain. What it sounds like is the antibiotics course they give you doesn't wipe out the bacterial colony, so you get it 99% dead but then they grow back, hence recurrence. It could be drug resistant, even. You know what MRSA is? Multidrug resistant staph. A. Same concept. Basically that's a huge problem right now, that the bacteria are acquiring resistance to our drugs. So, if someone has recurring infections, the bacteria may be developing resistance. BUT I'm not a doctor.

Just rationally speaking, one person is unlikely to have this many problems independently. So I agree that one issue may be underlying to many of them.

>cost money

Try a university hospital, I hear they're inexpensive.

As for the teeth, well, most people get their wisdoms out. If that is your biggest issue right now, get that done. Because another thing is that the mouth problems could be spreading to the rest of your body. There's some research emerging to that effect, that dental health affects holistic health.

Given that most people need wisdoms out anyway, I'd say go for it and see if that helps with the rest of it. I was knocked out for three days after I had mine out, but after one week there was no trace of swelling left. It was icky for a while though because tooth holes.

Only other thing I could think is that you have a yeast/bacteria imbalance with too many bacteria around your cunny, hence UTIs. There are pH regulating meds that might help with that, but I've never looked into it. If you see a doctor again, bring that up.

Doctors don't hide things from patients. However, they're only human, so they may not have thought of everything it could be.

>> No.7983375

I lost two tumblr followers today. Why? Why?!?
I don't even have 80...

>> No.7983391

>>7983375
I just lost a third one...

>> No.7983642

>>7983375
What's you're tumblr, I'll follow you if you're that desperate.

>> No.7983648

>>7983375
Nothing personel..... Kid...

>> No.7983652

>>7983375
Listen, one or two followers doesn't matter and complaining about it is only going to cause more to leave because nobody cares to hear about it. Keep posting original content and reblogging content you enjoy. Obsessing over followers defeats the point of the site. I have both gained and lost 100+ followers in 24 hour periods, its not a big deal.

>> No.7983656

>>7983139
Go get another opinion to be safe, but the only way they can tell is with x-rays. If they'd previously been growing in fine, they probably just didn't check them again.

>> No.7983657

>>7983375
I can't wait to see you in a situation where your anxiety really matters.

>> No.7983776

I get no joy from cosplay anymore. Lolita makes me happy, but I'm anxious about attending meets and don't connect well with others. I feel like I don't matter to anyone, and I think about killing myself every day.

>> No.7983801

>>7981242
>that feel
California born and raised and I moved to Virginia for a job. Everyone I loved or cared about lived 2000 miles away, it was brutal.

>> No.7983824

I have the worst delivery person apparently. I have been home all day waiting for a package and he didn't even bother to ring the bell or leave a missed delivery notice. I had to check the tracking to know he was here. Last week he plopped a package at my door and ran away with 2 other packages he was supposed to deliver to me. This is frustrating.

>> No.7983852

>be cute
>sleep with cute girls at cons
>I want a weeb gf
>can't find gf outside of cons
>life is suffering

>> No.7983874

>>7982073
Mine has borderline personality disorder and acts the same way. I was inpatient in ptsd rehab for the abuse she doled out and she blamed it on "not raising her children to temperment" which I guess is admitting she did wrong, but who the fuck has the temperment to handle 20 years of abuse? Also, as soon as I got some testing results back and found out I had asperger's, she blames it on my "special needs" and how she wasnt equipped to handle them. Then she went on to basically say she knew I was retarded and never did anything about it because she was in "such an abusive marriage" when my dad never touched her except to push her off of him when she attacked him.

Parents are fucking stupid sometimes. Some people are not meant to breed.

>> No.7983899

>>7983824
File an anonymous complaint on the lazy nigger.

>> No.7983908

>Live in small studio apartment
>No letterbox just a mail slot in the door
>Receive a package
>Box turns out to be slightly bigger than the slow
>Didn't get a note
>He just left the box sitting out on the street in front of my door
>Concern increases for all future packages

>> No.7983909

>>7983899
I have, multiple times. The postal service in NY is really awful.

>> No.7983933

>>7983909
>NY
Well that explains it, everyone there is an asshole.

>> No.7984062

>Go to my 4 year old little sister's Nut cracker show.
>First act.
>9-12 year old girls come on all wearing dresses that look oddly familiar.
>They have this almost like lolita look but a little long for even ita.
>Realize they are milanoo dresses.
>Can't stop looking at the dresses.
>They all are the poorly done VM replicas.
>Spend the rest of the ballet just thinking about the dresses.

later
>Every ones asking if I liked it.
>Can't get the dresses out of my mind.
>Go home google to make sure.
>MFW they are milanoo dresses.

>MFW someone found away to use those dresses.
>MFW I can't tell anyone because no one well understand.
I don't even no how to feel about this. I just know it makes me feel uneasy, glad that it just being used as a costume.

>> No.7984064

>>7984062
pls post pic of dress anon

>> No.7984070
File: 19 KB, 354x354, mailoon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7984064
I am sorry But I didn't get any. However, If I am given any or see any pop up. I well post them.

Pic is one of the dresses one of the girls was wearing but the dress looked like it was made of satin.

>> No.7984118
File: 37 KB, 500x395, tumblr_mjzkb3qRfA1r2g7mto1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>me and gf talking about where we should live if we moved in together
>i want somewhere close to a certain city so I can hang with friends, better living and conventions
>she wants somewhere secluded and away from said city I want because it's more relaxing and better job opportunities
>mfw

>> No.7984145

>>7984118
>better job opportunities in secluded place

uhhhhhh....

>> No.7984147

>>7984145
I think she means 'there will be more opportunities because there are less people'

>> No.7984150

>>7984145
I think she meant better jobs, not more jobs

>> No.7984151

>>7983652
I had just posted original content that I worked really hard on. I'm just disappointed that it only turned into a loss.

>> No.7984158

>>7983908
>mail slot in the door
Which country do you live in? Because I'm from Finland and we have that too but something like that has never happened, people would be complaining so much

>> No.7984166

>sick with a cold
>supposed to go to BFs tomorrow
>they want snow and freezing rain and general shit weather
>only day off in two weeks that we could see each other
>it's 3AM and I'm still up

>> No.7984220

I would really like chatting with some of you friendless seagulls over skype or whatsapp or something. If anyone feels like they want someone to talk to or even someone to hang out with on skype and not say anything much, leave your contact info and ill contact you.

>> No.7984222

tfw bf actually has a thing for crossplay and me spending years hiding that i did it wasnt necessary after all

>> No.7984278

>>7982288
Holy shit that's pretty much me. I have one friend I bother to spend time with but the rest are all on-line friends.

>> No.7984387

>>7983824
>order online
>takes 3 weeks
>get email saying they sent it to my old address and it was returned
>ask for my new address
>leaving on Thursday for a month
>package still not here
I'll have to get a neighbour to get the package or something; I'm more stressed about this than I should be.

>> No.7984427

>>7981697
That Damo gif made my morning fellow Irish anon

>> No.7984463

>>7984220
Go to the neet and shut in thread on /adv/, some seagulls use it and there are chat groups etc

>> No.7984877

>Get brand in the mail
>Decide to open it with scissors
>Being as careful as possible
>Still accidentally cut into the piece

Luckily it was a cheaper blouse, but i feel so bad for damaging it. I'll never sell it, but damn.

also
>Bought dream dress. Feels good man, feels good.

>> No.7985015
File: 73 KB, 600x615, 1400213694600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Someone tells me they have exactly what I posted in a WTB
>Never hear from them again
shit feel

or alternative:
>Hear from them again after they already have sold it

Jesus fuck why do people do this

>Wanted to trade my bodyline dress for the same dress but in a different colorway
>Find someone who listed a WTT for the same thing
>My dress is NWT and hers is used
>Girl says she doesn't want to trade it and I should give her $20 extra since that was the dress she stayed up all night dancing in at prom and it has a lot of sentimental value
I told her to fuck off and that I wasn't going to trade my pristine dress for her sweaty as shit dress and pay MORE for it, in the nicest way possible.

>> No.7985029

>Local Lolita comm is filled with itas, weaboos and drama whores
>No decent meetups, shitty teaparties
>I try to start making better events with a small group of friends. Queen Bee comm leader and her "staff" get mad, they think I (we) wanna steal "her" comm
>Get Bullied and they sabotage all the meets we planned. Each time we announce something new they copy it and invite everyone so that noone attends our meet
>Things will never get better here. They were here before me, so they have all the power. All they do is sabotage me/us. It's so frustrating D:

>> No.7985047

>>7984877
>cutting open packages like a fucking idiot

I always cut open packages, and even when they're stuffed full I've never cut anything.

>> No.7985081

Not really feels so much as annoyance, but I'll post anyways.

>want to buy VM style lamp for friend for christmas
>she's been wanting it for years
>I'm making an order from romapri anyways, who also sells the lamps
>confirm with SS that they will ship
>worried that voltage is too different from standard american outlets
>post on a few places(egl, FB lolita groups) asking about it
>1 relevant comment
>500+ comments about how "it's so pretty!" or It's too expensive" or "i can just buy a similar one from ikea/target/walmart!"
fuckingpoorfags.png

I didn't ask where to get a cheap one, or even insinuate I wanted an alternative, fuck it's only $40 anyways. Are people usually like that?

>> No.7985087

>Finally someone sells dream dress on lacemarket.
>Buy it now is 400$ and bids start at 340$
>Be told by other loli friend to offer the seller 400$ and the seller pays the shipping. I do, being stupid.
>Seller stops answering my messages. I think I might have offended her.
>My friend starts bidding on the same dress.
I want to cry in a corner. I wanted to wear that dress on my birthday...

>> No.7985097

>>7985081
Yes, people are always like that, welcome to the internet. As for the voltage, I think most electronics aren't an issue, but I've read that you shouldn't use things like hair dryers which generate heat with higher voltage as they'll probably over heart and give out. I'm not sure about a lamp, but I think it might be okay if she doesn't leave it on for long periods of time. Can you check the acceptable voltage range on it at all? Sorry for not being too helpful.

>> No.7985098

>>7985087
How long has it been since communication stopped? And do you have any idea how much shipping would have been? I'd just message her saying you didn't mean to offend her, you were just asking if that was an acceptable deal, and if you REALLY want it and the auction is likely to push the price up anyway, just bin.

>> No.7985100

>>7985087
Buy it now, now then. Fuck your friend.

>> No.7985105

>>7985097
I totally know about the "omg so pretty xD !!11" bullshit people do every single time, but fuck, why ignore my question totally, the lamps they suggested were buttass ugly too.

And don't worry, thanks for any help! Someone answered saying they have a few and they work fine, so I think I'm good, I'll just let her know to be careful. I was just so annoyed.

>> No.7985112

>>7985081
Japanese, right?
I've heard that Japanese outlets and voltage is similar to American, so you should be fine.

>> No.7985133

>>7985098
It has been around 6 hours since te communication stopped, and my message is listed as "read". Shipping would have been like 65$, so if she had sold me the dress for 400$ it would have been like she didn't had any bid in the auction.
>>7985100
Seriously considering it right now. If $ was cheaper...

>> No.7985137

>live at the same address for more than a decade, not once had a problem with the mail
>policeman comes to our door last night saying our neighbor's mail was tampered with two weeks ago
>he hands me a torn up check that he found on our lawn, my dad should have received it a week ago
>of course our mail is being fucked with too

Is this divine retribution for laughing/cringing at the mail horror stories??

>> No.7985140

>>7985133
Well no shit she stopped talking to you, you asked her to sell it for less than the auction (albeit it by five bucks, but still). I would have understood if it was maybe, like, 20$, but seriously, anon? Message her and retract that offer and buy it, or enjoy watching your crap friend prance around in it.

>> No.7985159

>>7985112
Yep! Thanks alot. Fuck, /cgl/ is obviously going to be more helpful as usual.

>> No.7985167

http://zion-radio.tumblr.com

>> No.7985193
File: 272 KB, 642x475, 1297651969488.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>move to a new town for grad school
>make fast friends with a male/female pair of cosplayers
>seems like they're just good friends
>develop hardcore crush on the girl
>slowly getting up the courage to ask her out
>hanging out with them one day
>guy makes some offhand comment about her being a great girlfriend
>h-haha, you're so funny guy, i bet she would make a great girlfriend
>"haha, yeah, anon, I should know, we've been dating for five years"

I'm just going to... lie down here...

>> No.7985195

>>7985193
Some people just aren't into PDA, like, at all.

>> No.7985201

>>7985195
nothing wrong with that

>> No.7985205

>>7981507
I don't know what to do because I'm in the same situation
it's cold to the point where you can't dress warm.

>> No.7985223

>>7985029
Don't announce the events in the comm. Just keep it between your friends.

>> No.7985227 [DELETED] 
File: 297 KB, 479x799, 2014-12-09-20-36-19.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am so scared pretty japanese girls will laugh at me and think i'm fat when i go to japan this summer. I feel like crying when i hear i'm "average weight" i just feel like i'm not good enough i can't even watch animu without feeling bad about myself anymore. Pic related, spooky doll has the exact same body and boobs as i do.

>> No.7985235

>>7981305
This brightened my day anon.

>> No.7985245

>tfw all reservation items I signed up for are paid
>tfw new dresses are coming soon

Different feels:
>finally got around to buying my first iromuji
>nervous at the lack of obiage and own only a couple of obi that might not match
>tfw total newb and floundering trying to learn to wear it properly without looking like shit
>at least getting a koshi-himo, obi makura, and korin belt in the mail in a few weeks
Maybe I'll just wear it at home and not at next year's japanese festival as I planned originally till I'm better at it.

>> No.7985258

>>7985227
That looks beautiful anon. It's a matter of proportions, not sizes. If you are not asian you should not aspire to be the same height/weigth/size as them, because your genetics are different. If they actually do mock you for your weight they are not the correct people for you to have in your life.
Those who care don't matter, and those who matter don't care

>>7985223
Yeah, I guess... but we are just 5. It would be fun to have new people and bigger events. It just feels unfair.

>> No.7985263

>>7980528
>live in Europe, in a non-English speaking country
>in my comm some girls feel the need to speak in English all the time
>they're born here, they can speak the language, but they just don't want to
>I ask them why
>teeheehee because English just sounds better
>really why would I ever use my mother tongue when it just sounds so weird xD
>why can't we all just speak English all the time xD
>they speak with obnoxious American accents
>they want to move away from here when they graduate and live in America or "Britain <3"
this shit makes me sick
I kinda feel for that anon who spoke a dead language from the past thread or two, it's slowly dying thanks to dumb cunts like these who glorify everything they see on TV or online

>> No.7985277

>>7985263
Why do people romanticize America? There is nothing romantic about it.

>> No.7985295

>>7985263
That happens in my country too, with about everyone in their teenage years. When they speak to me in english I just answer "sorry, speak to me like a normal person, I don't know that foreign language"

>> No.7985296

>>7985277
in my experience they're usually delusional SJWs butthurt about people not understanding their whining about feminism/LGBT/immigration and how we aren't as progressive as the USA
So to combat that, they run away from the problem to a place where they can circlejerk about it, thus proving that they're only whiny teenage armchair activists
Of course they may just be special snowflakes in OP's case

>> No.7985298

>>7985277
Hey now, America certainly has it's problems but I feel it's got plenty of nice things too (though judging from that other anons story her friends probably aren't thinking about the nice parts).

But there's always going to be stupid people doing stupid things for stupid reasons. Thats just life

>> No.7985302

>>7985296
It's usually just that they think they belong into a special club of geeky/nerdy things. Since everything from asian countries is translated/subtitled to english they think that's the "official" language for geeky/nerdy things

>> No.7985308

>>7985295
>>7985263
>>7985296
I didn't know this was a thing, I thought people in Europe thought we were all stupid fatasses.
Don't do that anons, it breaks my heart to see people hate their own beautiful and unique language because English is cool now.

>> No.7985328

>>7985258
A-anon ily

>> No.7985373

>>7981305
Aweosme

>> No.7985396

>>7982898
google drive has a presentation thing anon.

>> No.7985509

>be new to lolita
>very small wardrobe
>local comm is really active
>want to get to know them better
>don't want to be that girl who wears the same two main pieces all the time

My next pieces won't be in until after the new year probably, and there are at least three different events before then. I feel like I should just wait until I have a bigger wardrobe to socialize.

>> No.7985531
File: 1.25 MB, 942x706, 1411381940900.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have math exams on Thursday
>already had an emotional breakdown over a failed test
>"I better study"
>look up how to surds on YouTube
>start to understand and feel good about myself
>"And that gives me root [x] minus plus [x] minus [x] squared"
>wait, what the fuck
>"Which gives me minus [x]. Root [x] times [x] gives me plus [x]."
>literally stop understanding any of the sentences the narrator is saying midway, it sounds like a different fucking language
>they don't even grammatically make sense
>what he's saying makes perfect sense in the context of the figures shown, but not logically in my mind as actual information
>"...And that gives me my final answer!"
>fuck
>video ends
This keeps happening to me. I don't know if I'm just retarded or what. I also can't ask questions in class because everyone else usually understands and I'd just prove myself an idiot while holding everyone else back at the same time if I did.
I'd use text sites, but they all have a way of skipping over in-depth explanation right to the answer or just showing the numbers themselves, and that literally doesn't help me at all. I feel like I'd understand if everything was written out like pic related or something, but math doesn't seem to work like that.
It sucks and I don't know what to do.

>> No.7985538

>>7985531
I'm like this too, anon. I usually have to just keep trying to solve it until I eventually get it right. It'll just click. Other people explaining it does not help.

Maybe try just watching someone solve it, without the audio, or have a problem and the answer, and just try to work it out until you get it.

>> No.7985542

>>7985538
>problem and answer
this.
even if you have only a vague idea of the proccess this really, really helps it click.

>> No.7985561

>>7982273
>Idk I just want a friendship where we don't have to say much and are just happy to have each other near, which sounds weird for a case in her 20s.
>>7982288
>I just want a friendship where we don't have to say much and are just happy to have each other near

I'm the same. I used to have friends like that as a kid but as I've grown apart from them and gotten new friends it feels like we constantly have to be entertaining each other which is stressful for me. I like doing things together too but I also think it's fun just to be on your own game system/laptop with friends in the room, the kind of think my parents would tell me is antisocial. But then again you have to be pretty comfortable around someone to reach that point and I have no idea how to open up to anyway.

idk I'm rambling here, I just wanted to say that you're not alone and its a common feeling.

>> No.7985562

>>7985227
Grass is always greener, plenty of Japanese girls envy the buxom foreigner look.

>> No.7985571

>>7985227
I think that's a pretty amazing looking body there anon.

>> No.7985577

>>7985531
>I also can't ask questions in class because everyone else usually understands

There are going to be plenty of people like you in that room thinking everyone understands but are too afraid to ask the question everyone needs answering.

Just do it. Even if we assume everyone knew it already what are they going to say? "omg anon doesn't understand how stupid"? Well once you ask the question and have it explained you will understand and what will they give you shit for then?

>> No.7985578
File: 176 KB, 600x390, Not-Popular-5.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7985562
>See girl cosplaying character I like.
>What am I supposed to say?
>If I compliment the costume she'll probably think I'm a creep because the costume shows skin.
>If she's wearing that at a convention, she is probably outgoing enough to have friends/a boyfriend already.
>Wait what am I saying? I just want to talk to her not ask her out or anything.
>We will probably never see each other again.
>Stop tricking me brain, just because she dressed as a character I like doesn't mean we're perfect for each other.
>We probably don't even have anything in common except this one little thing.
>Shit why does it even matter if we have things in common, this is just one conversation we're not going to be friends.
>Well if I don't want to be friends then why am I even stressing about talking to her to begin with.
>Dammit just say something every human being likes being appreciated.
>It will be awkward to single her out while she's with her friends though.
>They'll probably talk about me after I leave.
>They'll think I'm awkward like I was trying to pick her up even though I'm not (wait, am I? No, I'm not).
>Fuck it.
>Don't say anything.

>> No.7985583

>trying to lose weight
>only need to lose 10 pounds
>if i start exercising and eating right this won't be hard!
>somehow gain 5 pounds
I was sick this week and stopped my usual sched (eating eggs as soon as I wake up to get my metabolism going, having a daily green tea and going on daily walks). Hoping I'm just bloated or something and it'll come back down but it's so frustrating, I just want to be skinny again!

>> No.7985584

>>7985531
Try and find a student solutions manual to your textbook. Just go through the motions of solving the problem, making sure you don't get stuck.

Just put in an hour.

Then go back to it later in the day (or the next day) to try and understand it. I don't know why this works but it does.

I just failed my Calc exam and will need to retake it next semester.

>> No.7985585

>>7985193
We're in the same fucking boat

>> No.7985590

>>7985583
Weight fluctuates throughout the day. Don't get hung up on it too much. Especially if you were sick

>> No.7985592

>>7985578

Hi, that's a great x costume. You really look like the character/ It's almost like seeing the character in real life/ some other tame compliment. Do you think I could get a photo of you with your friends?

>> No.7985598

>>7985578
It's only awkward if you're awkward dickweed.

>> No.7985600

>>7985509
Maybe just go to one of the events, if you're that worried about it? I really doubt anyone would actually care if they know you're a newbie. Unless they were super rich, everyone started small. Care more about making friends than impressing people.

>> No.7985612

>>7985578
Easy solution: "Your [character's name] costume is fantastic!" Bam, that's it. Even if it's something painfully mainstream you've made yourself less creepy. If you actually want to talk with them add "How did you make [part that looks particularly well crafted]?" Or, if you want to flirt, be witty, not insulting: "How many cans of hairspray did that wig take?" Short answers mean she isn't interested, but if she's actually intrigued, brig her friends into the conversation too - are they from the same series? Or did they make their costumes too?

>> No.7985680

>>7985578
Spoopy doll body anon here. Seriously do as other anons told you and a compliment is always sweet (i often think too much like "fuck they must be mocking me" but i am stupid,unconfident and anxious for nothing and some people might be like me). I usually acts nicely to awkward people because i am an awkward potato myself, i try to make them feel more comfortable because i know those feels. Go for it you can make great encounters this way!!

>> No.7985698

>>7985590
Yeah, yeah I know-- but my weight never usually fluctuates under/over ~3 lbs and its been consistently 5lbs over for the past few days. I know I shouldn't stress, but I can't help it-- I don't want my weight to get out of control.

>> No.7986136

>be functionally asexual sperglord
>play dumb when people flirt with me
>turn potential dates into group events
>chase after potential friends anxiously, can't tell if they like me or just put up with me
>want close connection but feel like affection junkie, not sure if i could quit if i ever give into the need
>figure it's better to hang out in groups so i don't give in to vampiric empathy needs
>keep friendships at a "go to cons, cosplay, play games" level
>feel empty always

>> No.7986150

I'm at a really rough spot in my ED recovery and I feel like cosplay doesn't help it. I recently got sick and lost weight, so my doctor told me to put weight on again.

the idea scares me, since looking remotely fat in cosplay is my worst fear. I wear corsets under most of my costumes as it is.

I just want to feel pretty and be skinny.

>> No.7986160

>>7986136
Huh, I'm practically the exact opposite.

I mean, for a while I was like you, but I sort of just stopped caring and my entire situation reversed.
Instead of actively seeking friendships, they naturally formed around me. Where I was once trying to
chase after people, I just give them space and let them talk to me.
The same kind of thing happened romantically too, when I decided I don't want to spend time on relationships in the traditional dating sense, people suddenly got really interested in me.
Despite my honest, blunt, nature of telling them I'm not interested, they figure I'm lying or something.

In general I stopped fussing over the details and just decided to live my life for me.
I'm not perfect, but I like to think I'm a pretty cool guy.

And hey, the three coolest people in my life recently stopped the family/friends around us to just comment on how cool I am.
That's gotta count for something, right?

>> No.7986168

>>7986160
>for a while I was like you
I'm not reading much similarity but thanks lol, glad things are going all right for you.

>> No.7986180

>>7986136
Are you me?

I get so jealous when people are really close friends, and hang out all the time.

>> No.7986328

>tfw no artistic friends
>tfw no one to use as a model for my projects
Seriously man, even in lolita related stuff, all my friends are just lifeless blobs with no curiosity. They won't go with me at the museum, at galleries, to the theatre etc where we can go for FREE, and they always act like they're super busy when I talk about my projects but I know for fact that they do nothing that go home, watch the tv and complain they're bored.
I'm struggling petty hard with depression and I don't have the energy nor the mental health to do all of that alone, but I still do it so why won't they ? And they just keep complaining that their life is boring.

>> No.7986331
File: 150 KB, 591x425, alpaca.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>order Alpacasso plush on my mom's behalf for little sis 2 weeks ago for christmas
>mom thinks 4 weeks in advance is still alright, even if it's from China
>got tracking number some days ago
>still doesn't show up on tracking page
>shit

I really don't get why my family thinks a month is enough for something to arrive
From overseas.
With stupid german customs taking forever.
Shortly before christmas.

That's why I know I won't get anything nice/japanese/lolita/jfashion-y for christmas when they say they just ordered it 3 weeks before christmas.

>> No.7986343

>Working on commission
>Put bodice down for a second
>Cat destroys the front panel
>Spend two hours replacing it, then put it aside
>Take it out again to make adjustments
>Notice the same panel is torn the fuck up again
One of my fucking cats must have jumped high enough to dig their claws into the bodice while it was on my dress form. I'm so god damn mad right now.

>> No.7986348
File: 1018 KB, 500x304, tumblr_mhasgiEsIN1s0t0rso1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7986343

>> No.7986349

>>7986328
they just don't want to.
stop being a sandy cunt and go do all of those things yourself if you actually want to do them, people aren't contractually bound to do everything you ask them to by sole virtue of being your friend.

>> No.7986350

>>7986348
Haha. I currently have to keep my cats in my room due to work being done on the main floor of my house. Shit sucks. I've shut my dress form in the bathroom for the night, but I guess I'll have to move my sewing machine in there tomorrow too so I can replace the panel again. Fuck cats.

>> No.7986353

>>7986350
Surely you can bring out just the part of the bodice that needs sewing and just not leave it alone? You could place books on top of it if you need to go to the bathroom. If you're sewing, it doesn't need to be on the dress form.

I'm sorry your cats suck. I'm terrified for when my new lacy brand dress comes, because I have one cat who freaks if we try to trim her claws (she's old, so freaking includes diarrhoea and vomiting) but gets them hooked in everything if she touches you for even a moment.

Sucks that I won't be able to spend a lot of time around the house in brand, but it is what it is.

>> No.7986387
File: 113 KB, 640x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7986350
I use to have a similar problem with both my rabbity and my housemates cat, regardless where I put things they end up a target for animals.

Depending on how much room you have at your place have you looked at these before? I ended up putting the cat in there whenever I had my sewing stuff out

>> No.7986552

Old story but remembering it gives me fuzzies
>convention is over, heading back to hotel on bus
>other person on bus is talking to their friend about cosplays they saw
>mentions a super awesome costume that they were really impressed with (emphasis on a certain feature that made it special from the rest)
>wait a second
>he's talking about ME
>kokoro goes doki doki like crazy

>> No.7986562

>ordered stuff off of etsy on November 5th
>seller is one state away
>supposedly shipped on November 15th
>still haven't received
>seller got back to me after three separate messages, each 5+ days apart
>no real explanation other than "lol well life"
>still waiting on that package

>> No.7986583

I always feel like the odd one out at cons, my few friends always take me along to them and I like to go but I feel so out of place among everyone there. Everyone talking, in groups, or having a great time and I'm just quietly standing or looking around awkwardly like an idiot when I go.

>> No.7986639

I will never be a petite qt asian girl.

The struggle is real.

>> No.7986767

>look on a girl's fb I used to be stuck in a psychiatric unit with
>she's batshit insane
>constantly blurts out shit about how she masturbated in our communal toilets during lunch
>how she loves bestiality and how she got her dog to lick her out
>massive furry
>one of those emo kids when I knew her
>"hurr durr i'm so mentally ill and anorexic I jumped off a car park i'm more ill than you"
>jumped on the lolita train
>shitty blonde wig and horrible dress, cheek piercings
>nopenopenopenopenope.wav

>> No.7986769

>>7986639
same here anon, same here

>> No.7986779

>>7986639
>>7986769
I know that feeling as well.

>> No.7986798
File: 40 KB, 500x281, 123512438.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7986639
>>7986769
>>7986779

>> No.7986857
File: 37 KB, 384x640, 1363466087489.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>going out today
>cute new outfit, using new Alice and the Pirates beret that I just dropped $80 on
>very excited
>suddenly, my ears feel cold
>that's weird
>OH SHIT
>beret is gone, must have slid off my head since I was wearing a wig and using old bobby pins to keep it on
>have been walking around for a half hour straight and have no idea where it fell
>retrace my steps, nothing found
>try not to cry like a bitch
>cry like a bitch when i get home

>> No.7987431
File: 95 KB, 900x506, post-36531-Alexis-Carrel-quote-Man-cannot-Enth[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7983065
>>7982873
Fuck that advice. You can accomplish anything you put your mind to with your body.

>> No.7987437

>>7983243

Why would you not remove them all while you are in surgery though. The others might be a problem down the road and end up causing you more pain and costing more in the long run.

>> No.7991357

I just failed my fluid mechanics final