[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 605 KB, 831x453, 1409342361844.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7950432 No.7950432 [Reply] [Original]

So I want to get something Lolita-related for Christmas for my girlfriend. Where would be a good place to look into for accessories/bags? I had either AP or BTSSB in mind, but similar styles are acceptable too.

>> No.7950437

I personally love both AP and Baby bags, but is she more predominately sweet? You can also try closetchild for second hand bags, but unless there is an older one she loves, going directly to the official site is probably easier.

For AP I suggest using APUSA instead of dealing with tenso.

>> No.7950516

if you know the kind of dresses and stuff she has, you can also try to find matching stuff! like for example if she has AP's Wonder Cookie, you can try to find the matching socks, and so on. Or try to buy solid colored accessories that match the color of her dresses and such.

>> No.7950529

Would LaceMarket be okay or is stuff kind of shit there? Mainly I just want a few other places in mind besides the official stores.

>> No.7950534

>>7950529
lacemarket is like the ebay for lolitas. it's pretty much all used stuff. so it's good and bad, depending on the seller.

>> No.7950539

>>7950432
definitely closetchild. quick postage, used but good quality. lots of choices. all brand.

>> No.7950548

>>7950432

Do you want firsthand or secondhand? Price range?
Are you willing to deal with shopping services (ss)?
Where are you located?

If located in San Fran, buying firsthand, there is an AP store and a btssb store, look up their address, head there and pick out something.

If buying firsthand but not in SF, try AP's online shop (angelicpretty-onlineshop.com) or btssb's online shop (babyssb.co.jp). AP's online shop needs a shopping service (Tenso). Optionally, non lolita brands that lolitas like are Swimmer, Axes Femme and L'est Rose (these shops need a shopping service too)

If not willing to deal with shopping service, buy from btssb.

If looking for secondhand, not willing to deal with ss, use closet child (www.closetchildonlineshop.com). Be warned it may take a week or two to process your order and another week or two shipping.

If looking for secondhand and willing to deal with ss then try the Angelic Pretty category on yahoo Japan auctions.
You can also try mbok, glass forest, Tokyo Alice (on rakuten), violet blue... Be warned it may take a week or two to process your order and another week or two shipping.

If looking for replica/non brand, and/or unwilling to deal with shopping services, try clobbao (http://www.clobbaonline.com/)) or my-lolita-dress and ask about ready stock that they can ship immediately

If you don't mind dealing with China's ss, you can try taobao direct (ask in the taobao thread for recommendations). Look for ready stock and ship EMS, the items should arrived in time for Christmas.

That just about covers it, I think. Other than looking in her local comm's facebook to see if anyone is selling anything, or trying random shops (like etsy or your local jewellery store) to see if anything suits her.

>> No.7950586

>>7950534
>>7950539
>>7950548

Thanks guys!

Pricewise, nothing too exorbitant (lel) but what I am looking for in particular are things to match a mostly black coord with maybe some white.

She also likes some sweet (florals, pinks) and "romantic" looking (Juliette et Justine, some of AP's and BTSSB's classical looking prints)

>> No.7950858

>>7950432
I think Bodyline is the best, its quite affordable too! :)

>> No.7950875

>>7950586
For those styles, it's hard to go wrong with some Innocent World. They have plenty of accessories in stock (though they're a bit down on numbers of bags right now). They're super easy to deal with and ship out pretty fast, so you'll definitely get it in good time for Christmas. It'll be on the more expensive end of the scale though. Woth taking a look over the site to see if there's anything that dings a bell though.