[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 374 KB, 1600x1100, perfume.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7936377 No.7936377 [Reply] [Original]

Old in autosage >>7922572

This thread is for the following
>Advice
>Discussion about makeup techniques and brands
>Tutorials
>Reviews and haul pics encouraged

Seems we have reached our 5th guide, and this time it'll be about something that I've seen floating around in the past but it's not discussed as often: Perfumes. So let's discuss about them!
Also, the doc has been updated with two new YouTube channels, so check them out if you can!

Google doc :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17_asYlaUzVSufmXlzWCNzyNrNDJ3XLf0U-O7vEXMUDk/pub

Stores:
http://web1.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/sasa/home.jsp
http://www.sephora.com/
http://www.ulta.com/

List of cruelty-free brands:
http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper

Debunking skincare myths:
http://www.skinandtonics.com/debunking-skin-care-myths-interview-cosmetic-chemist-perry-romanowski/

How to know your skin undertones:
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-i-determine-my-skin-undertones.htm

Quiz to know your skin's undertone:
http://www.popsugar.com/beauty/What-My-Skin-Undertone-Quiz-34403268

How to pick your perfect foundation:
http://beauty.about.com/od/makeuptrickstips/ht/foundation.htm

Highlighting & Contouring:
http://www.allure.com/makeup-looks/2014/how-to-contour-and-highlight#slide=1

Beauty blogs of Korean brands:
http://www.thebeautywolf.com/category/makeup/
http://www.samplehime.com/

YouTube channels
Lauren Curtis:
http://www.youtube.com/user/laurenbeautyy

Wayne Goss:
http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist

IMPORTANT: For people who are all about animal rights, here's a site that provides you with information about animal testing and what to do to help stop it. This is in order to avoid any discussions that might derail the thread into things like “natural vs chemical” and the like.

http://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/

>> No.7936385

congrats on the latest. perfume is a nice beauty accessory

>> No.7936623

Hey, one question:

My niece is 11 and is of course starting to get interested in make-up and perfumes, and since it's christmas soon I want to give her some cute perfume to try out.

Her favorite brand is Victoria's Secret, but it might be because she doesn't know of any other brands and it's the only one her mother uses. So I want to introduce her to other brands as well. But I'm running a blank whenever I try to figure out good ones whose odors aren't too mature for a kid...could you guys help me real quick?

>> No.7936675
File: 669 KB, 245x200, 1397894547229.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7936377

Chanel No. 5

Get on my level, bitches!

>> No.7936677

>>7936623

Katy Perry's Meow. The scent is vanilla-ish and teenage girls to young adults are more suited for it. Not a fan of the singer but definitely a fan of the product.

>> No.7936720
File: 59 KB, 405x168, harajukugirls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7936623
I think the Harajuku Lovers Perfume make for good gifts. They have fun packaging, and there's a range of scents to choose from. They're also really affordable, so you can buy a few different ones for her to test out.

>> No.7936844

I just got some perfume samples from Alkemia. I'm not that impressed overall, but I absolutely love Gaia. I only wish it didn't wear so close and lasted longer than a few hours.

>> No.7936870
File: 26 KB, 241x330, o.3006.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7936385
Thank you!

>>7936675
>tfw my mother has a no.5 bottle that she won't use because she's after my perfume

>>7936623
11yo me would've liked a Lolita Lempicka or Nina Ricci perfume, but the previous suggestions are also pretty good.

>> No.7936876

I got some samples from luckyscent, if anyone's interested in hearing about them

>> No.7936893

>>7936876
i am!

>> No.7936921

I only wear BPAL because I like smelling like a goth/hippie apparently

>> No.7937068

>>7936893
Okay, well here goes. If any of you like more green, mossy notes, this'll probably be useful.

>Penhaligon's English Fern
I liked it, and the staying power is all right but after a few hours you can't really smell anything. It smells green and fresh, but a bit too sweet for me (which is weird, because a lot of women said that it was too masculine for them). My boyfriend dubbed it "mosquito repellent", if that gives you any idea of the smell. I like it though.
>Oriza L. Legrand, Deja Le Printemps
It smells green. REALLY green, not citrusy or perfume-y, smells the same as if you smelled a patch of grass. This is what I'm looking for in a perfume so I was really happy, but it's so weak and lasted for barely an hour. Huge disappointment, had a lot of hope for it.
>Masque Milano, Russian Tea
Mostly men seem to like this but it's an unisex perfume, smells of Russian black tea with a hint of raspberry jam; chypre, smoky and cosy-like. Boyfriend dubbed it "The Old Man". It's pricey, but it lasts forever and is very powerful.
>Oriza L. Legrand, Chypre Mousse
My favourite so far, I ordered a full-size bottle. It smells similar to Russian Tea, but it's lighter and greener. Lasts for a very long time and is not too overpowering.
>Elizabeth Arden, Green Tea
"Meh" is the word I'd use here. It's kind of sweet, and smells really boring, like... perfume. Lasts for ten minutes, if that.

If you have any recommendations for similar scents, please tell me!

>> No.7937178

Lol guys did you know Lime Crime was sold at Sephora but didn't even last a week? Shit was cash.

>> No.7937229

Daily reminder to buy Eau de Parfum and not Eau de Toilette because it has a higher % of aromatic ingredients and lasts longer~

>> No.7937239

>>7937229
Why are you telling everyone something that's already in the OP. no shit.

>> No.7937244

I have some BPAL on the way, and I'm really excited. This month long processing time is killing me, though.

>> No.7937245

>>7936675
Chance master race here. Have fun smelling like an old lady.

>> No.7937248

why the fuck would you use Chanel °5 for the graphic? That shit smells like old women and cat piss.

At least use Mademoiselle or even Chance.

>> No.7937251

>>7937248
Because I wanted to. Next.

>> No.7937261

>>7937251
cause you nasty and have terrible taste.***

>> No.7937263

>>7937251
Where was your trip before?

>> No.7937267

Flowerbomb is my go-to. I keep Clean's Skin in my desk as an upscale Febreeze for those days when I get irrationally paranoid about smelling bad. On my weird days, I reach for Spicebomb, BPAL Lion, BPAL Persephone, or BPAL Eat Me.

>>7936623
Get your niece one of the Sephora Favorites sampler kits (they come in every price range from $24 to $85). They contain sample sizes of a couple perfumes, and a card that lets you redeem it for a full size of your favorite perfume of the bunch.

>> No.7937270

>>7937261
>One of the most iconic perfumes in history is nasty and terrible taste

To each their own. Now if you have nothing to add to the thread, leave. We're not here to make it a competition about perfumes.

>> No.7937274

>>7937263
??????
What do you mean by that?

>> No.7937290

>>7936675
Chanel no. 5 literally smells like toilet cleaner.

>> No.7937358

I know someone recommended ZOMG Scents in a previous thread. I've been eyeing them for a while - anyone have experience with them?

>> No.7937367

>>7937290
I read that as toilet cancer

>> No.7937453
File: 61 KB, 747x1000, coco mlle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Second OP, tripping in order to avoid confusion and having to repeat 'sekund op hurr' for the necessary situations. Pic related (sorry, cell cam is shit) is what I wear the most. It's my favorite perfume. In the past, I very much favored Dior's 'Hypnotic Poison', but after some time the smell made me nauseous. I hadn't even owned it yet and was stuck between that or 'Coco Mlle'. I've come to find that I prefer this and Dior's 'Pure Poison' more than HP.

While they're not exactly strong or popular, I did own a lot of scents from The Body Shop at one point. I currently only have two of the small, eau de toilette in the glazed apple scent. Prior to Coco, I was wearing 'Sun Glow' from The Body Shop, but it was discontinued. I also loved their jasmine perfume before the formula change. The current just doesn't smell the same. I'm also fond of Love's Baby Soft, but it isn't very easy to find in stores and I try not to get things that could be damaged so easily shipped to my house.

I have a love for roses. Some days, I just use this rose water spray by Home Health. It isn't overpowering, but you do need to be careful with where you store it because it expires very easily. I have a love for peaches and roses, especially their scents. I'm always trying to find new, rose based perfumes and body care products. Bonus if I can find those old fashioned perfume bottles with the pump.

I smelled Chanel No. 5 before and I don't hate it. It actually smells powdery to me and it did remind me instantly of Love's Baby Soft. It just isn't my first choice, though.

My most hated scent is freesia. I was intrigued by Victoria Secret's 'Noir Tease' once because of the pretty bottle, but the perfume itself smelled awful because it has freesia. Sephora's Disney Collection also disappointed me by making Ariel's perfume smell like ass.

>> No.7937578

>>7937453
>making Ariel's perfume smell like ass
well she is half fish

>> No.7937587

>>7936675
Which version? I want to try the parfum but there are never any testers and I don't want to drop $100+ on a small bottle of stuff I don't like.

>> No.7937746

>>7937587
Depends.
No. 5, the original, is powdery and strong, hence why some people might feel it smells like old lady.
However, Eau Premiere is a softer version of the original. A little more floral and woody.

>> No.7937766

I'm not a big perfume person (I'm "scentsitive") but I love reading about perfumes. Especially in magazines, the words used are always so lovely and romantic. It's so soothing.

>> No.7937774
File: 50 KB, 640x640, cuntsmear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7937178
And, rightfully so. Xenia has always been such a basic bitch. There are far superior options out there. Also..

>grey-beige

Pft.

>> No.7937788
File: 53 KB, 500x375, iefh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So this is my perfume collection so far. I'm planning to buy Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme this Christmas.

>Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, the one I wear regularly
>Kenzo Amour
>Naughty Alice by Vivienne Westwood
>Poison by Dior
>An old ass version of Coco Mademoiselle, which wasn't mine [hence the lack of cap]
>Bebe Sheer. I had the original but gave it to my mom and kept the travel sized version.
>Be Delicious Night by DKNY
>Two body mists from The Body Shop, Cherry Blossom and Vanilla
>Atlas Rose perfume by The Body Shop.

I also owned Armani Code and Hypnotic Poison by Dior.
If anyone wants reviews on any of them please let me know.

>> No.7937836
File: 60 KB, 600x596, 30992abec227a731d18c9de21232c043-dog-just-wants-those-sweet-sweet-pastries.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

By the way, last thread we had someone asking for a tutorial to create "anime eyes".
We have found a channel with different kinds of tutorials. I'm dropping the link in this post and you can also find it on the doc.
Hope it helps!

>https://www.youtube.com/user/zWinnieYap/videos

>> No.7937844

I have a roll of of CLEAN: Skin
smells really nice and light, would like a spritzer though...

>> No.7937865
File: 8 KB, 236x192, 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To do ghoulish looking black eyes like Beetlejuice or whatever, do you just use eyeshadow? Or because its a larger surface I'm covering than just my lids, should I go with something else?

>> No.7937880

>>7937865
You use eyeshadow but you also need eyeliner, preferably in pencil so you can smudge it out to give it that gradient smudged effect. You can use eyeshadow to seal it as well as for more detailing.

>> No.7938071

>>7937244
They are SO SLOW and especially right now. I am still waiting for samples from a decant circle for the Halloween scents.

>>7937788
Please review Naughty Alice. My Viv love might be enough to overcome my usual distaste for "real lady perfume."

Also, I ended up on the MUA subleddit because I was sniffing for deets on the sudden and blessed disappearance of LimeCrime from Sephora, and found this resource which may be of interest - it's a tool that matches you to a blogger/youtuber based on skin tone/eye color/eyelid type etc. http://www.savvyist.com/beauty-guru

>> No.7938137

>>7937880
Thanks.
Gonna have to go shopping then, havent used pencil since I tried gel.

>> No.7938139
File: 53 KB, 474x476, o.13007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7938071
Naughty Alice is a powdery/sweet scent, more powdery than sweet. Some people say it smells like marshmallows, which I don't really get but I ain't complaining.

In reality I don't consider it to be a mature scent at all. It's actually really fresh and youthful for a powdery scent.
The longevity is nice [you can even smell it next day in the shower], and it fades gracefully.
Contains ylang-ylang, rose, and violets, and it comes with a charm you can use as a bracelet.
There are other three versions of it. The only one I remember is Cheeky Alice, which is more floral. There's a purple and a yellow one, although those come without charms.
Unfortunately it's been discontinued on their site, although you may have luck finding it in other stores.

>> No.7938146

>>7938137
no problem anon!

>> No.7938359

i specfically ordered a sample cologne and they sent me the feminine. i wanted to see what the mens was like for a reason.

>> No.7938371

What are some perfumed like smell sweet but fresh like nature, rain ect? ive been looking for a decent one but cant find.

>> No.7939084

>>7938371
There's Rain by CLEAN or a rain perfume by Demeter. Other than that, I can only think of Bath and Body Works scents and those can be really hit or miss.

>> No.7939089

>>7938371
Maybe try indie perfume houses? Possets and Alkemia should have some that match what you want, although I'm not sure about the sweet part.

>> No.7939091

I am looking for something that smells like candy or fruit, but not too sweet(I don't want body mist or something) maybe with a hint of musk. I've tried out a few things but none of them were what I liked.

>> No.7939097

>>7939091
Have you tried True Religion's Hippie Chic?

>> No.7939098

>>7938371
I mentioned Deja Le Printemps before in this thread, it didn't work for me but it may work for you.

>> No.7939101

>>7939091
Kenzo Indian Holi.

>> No.7939105

>>7939091
Yves Saint Laurent Elle Intense

>> No.7939111

Did anyone here try anything from Boadicea the Victorious? I'm curious to try some of their scents but I'd rather hear what others think before ordering.

>> No.7939117
File: 12 KB, 450x504, aerie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7939091
Sorry if you don't live in the states, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to suggest. I smelled Aerie's 'Hidden Love' earlier today and it fits what you've described.

>> No.7939134

>>7939117
I love Aerie, I was just there the other day. I will have to check it out. Thanks.

>> No.7939135

I have a somewhat related question to perfumes. Is buying/selling empty bottles a thing? I don't wear perfumes but I love some of the bottles and I'd like to collect them, but I don't know what kinds of prices I might be looking at for just the bottles, or if there's even places where people sell them.

>> No.7939157

>>7939134
No, problem. Their normal fragrance, 'Aerie', is musky and could also smell that if you'd like. 'Daydream' is citrus-y.

>> No.7939166

>>7939135
Yes. People often buy perfume bottles to fill them with fake product and sell them as originals.

You can buy them online. As for the prices, it might depend on each perfume bottle and how old it is.

>> No.7939192

>>7939166
That's good to hear, some of them have such lovely bottles and the ones I like are always a bit too utilitarian-looking.

>> No.7939212
File: 29 KB, 480x360, dose of colors.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In light of Lime Crap getting pulled from Sephora, I went hunting around online for more options to add to our list of liquid lipsticks that work better than those awful velveteens. Pic related is a brand called Dose of Colors and they also make a liquid lipstick that is matte. I'm not too big on their normal lipsticks, because they look a little too creamy for my tastes. However, the reviews for these pretty little things speak well to their pigment and staying power. Thinking about ordering one for myself once I can decide which color I'd like best.

Matte lipsticks may dry out lips, but a way to avoid that is by exfoliating your lips and moisturizing beforehand.

>> No.7940388

I have a problem, which is that I'm really, really pale. I have looked everywhere for foundations light enough for me but everything is too dark for me. I don't want to look more tanned than I actually am, I'd just prefer something that genuinely matches my natural skin. Does anyone know of anything that would work?

>>7936623
Oilily has some nice ones, I loved them when I was 12/13.

>> No.7940424

>>7940388
Would you happen to know your undertones? If not, we have one of the old OP images from our past thread in the document link in the current OP, which is a guide on helping you find out.

I had the same problem as you, coupled with the fact that foundation made my skin itchy no matter where it was from.

>http://www.sephora.com/immaculate-liquid-powder-foundation-mattifying-oil-free-P301802?skuId=1341023

This has been helpful for a lot of girls in past makeup threads. They seem to be the only Western brand with the largest selection of 'pale' tones, as well as actually taking those with neutral undertones into consideration. They're best suited for oily skin types. There is also Tarte's foundation, The Body Shop's, or NARS' foundation in Siberia.

>> No.7940432

>>7937178
It didn't even last 24 hours on the Sephora website lel

>> No.7940433

>>7940424
Thank you! I have warm undertones, I've tried The Body Shop but they're just slightly too dark for me.

>> No.7940438

>>7938146
Blah I just tried a rehearsal of it, it turned out looking dark grey instead of black.
I also can't help it looking cheap and stupid, like a $10 Halloween vampire demon makeup kit. I just want it to photograph nicely.

>> No.7940462
File: 1.37 MB, 320x240, AYYYYYYYYY.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7940433
No problem, dear. You'd need to test these to see if they "vanish" and I hope one does. I know this struggle all too well, but became tired of trying and decided to opt for a BB cream instead. This is also very good if you're okay with spending a bit more:

>http://www.sephora.com/capture-totale-foundation-P219305?skuId=1585413

>>7940432
I KNOW, BABY. AND, IT WAS FUCKING GLORIOUS.~ She's so stupid to think that we wouldn't notice her making mule accounts to review her shit. I mean, really. Also, a lot of Sephora reps are now doing their own research into the brand because they said they've never had so many people calling/emailing to say that they're pissed that Sephora was carrying it.

Teehee, fucker. Justice is served.

>> No.7940478
File: 26 KB, 747x1000, mac dark side.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here's a swatch for M.A.C. Dark Side. I also wanted to purchase Sin, but it looked like smushed raisins against my hand when I was testing it. It's supposed to be a red with blue undertones, fuu. I also like Kinky and it would probably be a nice color for others. I'll be getting Cyber later this week and when Chanel Elegante comes in the mail I could also make a swatch for that.

Hope this helps. It doesn't seem like many people wear dark lipsticks, but I hope it helps someone.

>> No.7940498

Does anyone have any tutorials/resources/tips on how to do CUTE make up for hooded eyelids? I'm asian so all of the tutorials I ever find consist of sexy-smokey bullshit. I'm tryna look cute/elegant in my lolita god fucking damn it why can't I have double eyelids.

>> No.7940508

>>7940498
You could try looking at some of Sasa's videos or Wengie. Both are linked in the document in the OP. Wengie tends to offer more cutesy stuff than she does 'sexy', despite having a couple of smokey-eye tutorials.

>> No.7940515

>>7940508
I'm familiar with Wengie, maybe if I dig through sasa I can find something.. but from the looks of it, they seem to be catering to double-lids

>> No.7940519

>>7940515
Were you looking for maybe the Ulzzang look?

>> No.7940910

>>7940515
If >>7940519 isn't what you're going for, you could tight line with a peach color on your lids. False eyelashes would also be useful. White, shimmery eye shadow can also make your eyes appear larger.

>> No.7941063
File: 24 KB, 380x380, Vanilla Lust Eau De Parfum.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Theese are my kind of threads!
I freaking LOVE perfume, I can be on my pajamas for four days but smell like a queen, I could never let myself smell bad, I'm really obssesed with it.
I want to know more about you seaguls!
>How important is smelling good for you?
>Do you have your scent or do you have different perfumes that you use depending on how are you feeling or the occasion?
>When do you apply perfume?
>How much does a bottle of perfume last for you?
>What do you look for in a perfume?

I can't live without portable perfume, I have so many little bottles that I put on my bags and I'm a big fan of solid perfume!

>> No.7941079

>>7941063
I like to smell nice, but to me it's more important that I don't stink
>Do you have your scent or do you have different perfumes that you use depending on how are you feeling or the occasion?
I always look for better scents so they tend to pile up, but only wear one.
Morning
A very long time
I already posted before, but green, mossy, earthy and smoky scents are my thing. I also pay attention to longevity, but price and bottle design don't interest me. Especially because I tend to buy more niche perfumes which cost a fucktonne.

>> No.7941113

>>7940438
Did you apply it over the white makeup?
I will try to help you later with pics if you don't mind.

>> No.7941152
File: 53 KB, 500x661, Harajuku-Lovers-Wicked-Style-Fragrance-Collection-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7940498
I'm not asian but I have a similar problem. If I apply eyeshadow to my eyelid it isn't completely visible when I open my eye ;_;
I
don't know what that's called but I guess I have small visible eyelid space. Not completely hooded but almost there.

>>7936720
I can attest that those perfumes smell really good for their price range. I like them even more than some of the higher end perfumes I have. Pic related is my favorite one.

>> No.7941173
File: 55 KB, 599x798, tumblr_ndt0yifRAn1sdk4s6o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941152
Maybe this will help
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4J_RrbsxRc

>>7941063
Glad you like the thread!
Very important. If I'm not applying perfume I at least try to apply body mist. I also have body lotions.

>>7937788
Kenzo Amour was my scent, but I think they don't sell it anymore so Chanel Chance Eau Tendre replaced it.

Whenever I go out.

Years. With regular use, around 2 years.

Good longevity, powdery/sweet scents are my choice. They're the ones that suit me the best anyway.

>> No.7941345

What are some good solid perfumes that aren't sweet? I hate sweet smells. I like floral, powdery.

>> No.7941369

What do you guys feel about Lush's bar shampoos?

Been thinking about buying Godiva for a while as it's supposed to be a godsend for shitty damaged hair. I'm done using stuff like Loreal. Also I suppose I'm asking for general hair tips? Like what do you seagulls do with your hair, do you use hair masks? Wash every second day? I've basically been treating my hair badly for so long I don't know where to start.

>> No.7941380

>>7941369
I cannot speak to Lush, unfortunately. I used a soap by them for the first time last year and my arms got very flaky and itchy. Aside from their demeanor (which can be off-putting to some), their other drawback is fragrances and some people can be very sensitive to those whether it be skin or hair care.

I used to have thick hair down to under my ass for my entire life, but I chopped it off in September. I use Organix for my shampoo and conditioner, the argan oil kind. I've used their other scents such as coconut milk, kukui, and cherry blossom. I love them all, but have preference for the argan oil. I haven't used hair masks because I don't have a need for them. My scalp and hair get gross if I don't wash my hair twice a day, so it's actually necessary for me to shower morning and before bed for the good of my face and hair.

>> No.7941419
File: 127 KB, 690x1180, tumblr_mvph0v6UtW1s70ezfo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941345
Well... Etude House has some solid perfumes on a very different vaiety of fragances, also Lush Cosmetics and they're vegan.
You can also find a very large variety of solid perfumes on a very large rank of prices on etsy.
And if you still aren't convinced by any of those, here you have a tutorial on how to make solid perfume
>http://learningherbs.com/remedies-recipes/perfume-locket/

>> No.7941434

>>7941369
I have the extra shine shampoo and it lathers amazingly, probably because it has a lot of sulfates. I really like the bar format though, much more than I expected.

>>7941380
How is organix? I have very fine hair and I've been thinking of trying them, but I'm weary about all the oils weighing it down. Also, have you thought about working towards washing your hair less? Two times a day sounds like a nightmare to deal with.

>> No.7941445

>>7941434
I did try washing my hair only once a day before and it gets greasy while I'm sleeping, which is pretty disgusting. It isn't a nightmare to me, because I've just seen it as a necessity. Some people can get away with only washing their hair or their faces once a day and some people can't or else we get disgusting. I blame being interracial, because only my Father's side has this sort of shit.

Organix is wonderful. If you have fine hair, then I suggest their keratin oil line or the biotin and collagen line.

>> No.7941453

>>7941445
If I'm not wrong you can work up to it. I generally go one day between hair washes, but I can do two if I wear a hat or style it in a way that hides my roots. Earlier in the year I overwashed and got into the habit of doing it every day, and it took a while for my oil production to go down and get back on the waiting a day between washings.

>> No.7941464

>>7941434
>washing your hair less
Sometimes this cannot be possible. I have to follow a strict routine with prescribed shampoos and lotions/oils for my hair because I suffer from alopecia, and washing my hair everyday is necessary so I can remove the lotion and oils I apply before bed, otherwise my hair becomes greasy and the treatment stops working.

I am guessing you're saying this because of stripping your hair off its natural oils and how washing your hair everyday is not recommended. There's actually no difference between washing it everyday or every other day. The reason why it becomes dry and damaged is because people often choose the wrong kind of shampoo, thus fucking it up in the process.

>> No.7941466

>>7937245
fuck yeah fellow chance anon!

although tbh i didn't really like chance eau fraiche very much

>> No.7941488
File: 24 KB, 428x428, 1412757302906.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7937358
I think you're probably talking about ZOMG Smells, right? Like BPAL, they can take a LONG time to ship, but also are liberal with tossing in extra samples.

I recommend getting a sample set first. The "squee party" is just ten scents of your choice in 1mL bottles. Each scent has a description to it, too. Go with whatever looks fun.

If choosing ten is overwhelming, they also have themed sample sets which are pre-determined. If there's a particular type of scent that you know you like, and there is a themed sample set devoted to it, I'd recommend getting that. For example, if you love smelling like cupcakes and other baked goods, try the "Why am I So Delicious?" set. Or if you have a penchant for floral scents, "All the Flowers" is a good sample set to try.

These 1mL bottles have applicators in them, and since one uses so little of perfume oil, each of them can last a long time. I've seen some people sell off the samples they didn't like on eBay, and even sometimes full bottles.

If you decide that you want the full size bottles (5 mL or 8mL), I highly recommend buying them with the glass-rod applicator caps. Makes application so much easier.

>> No.7941501
File: 76 KB, 960x720, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not sure if anyone requires blushes at the moment, but the best ones I have used in the past are from Tarte, Too Faced, Canmake, and The Body Shop. No particular order, though. They're all good with their pigmentation. I stopped using blushes a while ago, because I found that I had a natural flush when I became flustered or excited. Having blush on while taking that into consideration made me look a little too close to rosacea-prone. I do, from time to time, like to lightly use Besame's cream rouge.

>> No.7941516

>>7937358
I just googled them and please tell me you aren't seriously going to buy from them. It looks like a child's first website, and more importantly actually seems to be geared towards children.

>> No.7941597

>>7941501
How do you choose a good blush? And are there guides of where each face type should apply it?

>> No.7941626
File: 197 KB, 450x814, blush-application-face-shape.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941597

>> No.7941650

>>7941597
By 'good' do you mean suited for your skin tone or the quality?

>> No.7941669

>>7936921
I tried to love bpal so hard, because they have some that smell like books, but the scents are too strong or something for me. I'm hoping Tokyo Milk works for me. I think I ordered crushed, it has moss in it, that much I know.

>> No.7941674

>>7941650
Suited to my skintone, I'm guessing it's similar to picking lipstick?

>>7941626
Thank you, this is perfect!

>> No.7941684
File: 108 KB, 600x1378, blushes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941674
Yes, it is.

>> No.7941694
File: 839 KB, 500x275, minzy smile.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941684
Oops, dropped the trip.

>> No.7941703
File: 61 KB, 500x322, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941694

>> No.7941743

>>7941703
Waiting for her ass to see this.

>> No.7941747

>>7941488
Thanks for the reccomendation! Just got the squee party set with some of the more interesting stuff.

>>7941516
You sound a little salty, anon.

>> No.7941780
File: 906 KB, 500x281, 1411503607815.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941703

>> No.7941796
File: 252 KB, 1225x652, Screen shot 2014-11-16 at 10.16.43 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941747
Yeah, I'm real salty for not wanting to buy from this website.

>> No.7941819

>>7941501
Also, I've used NARS products before, so I do trust their blush.

>http://www.sephora.com/blush-P2855?skuId=636779

>> No.7941825

>>7941796
>READ OUR THOUGHTWORDS
>ZOMG SMELLS
This shit looks like it's catering directly to that early 2000s brand of lelxDsorandumb weeb.

>> No.7941832

>>7941796
Why am I reminded of old school Nickelodeon.

>> No.7941834
File: 26 KB, 600x246, shshshshs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7940438
>>7941113
Okay anon I hope you're still around. Before taking my makeup off I brought my computer to the bathroom and tried to mimic the pic you posted before.

What I used was
>Liquid eyeliner
>Pencil eyeliner
>A lighter
>Black eyeshadow

I lit the tip of my pencil for a second to make the black more intense as well as more creamy. This helps you if you want to cover large areas with a small amount of product. Then I blended it all out with my fingers [I would've used a brush, but I trashed them some time ago because they were too dirty and old and haven't gotten to replace them].

Then I picked the eyeshadow and filled in empty spaces, as well as lining my lower lid with an eyeshadow brush. I used liquid eyeliner for my upper lid.

If you're applying a white base on your face before your eye makeup, that could be the reason of it turning dark gray instead, so I would suggest leaving that area bare so you don't have problems with the color.
Hope this helps.

>> No.7942279
File: 18 KB, 397x388, lamberthalloween.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941834
Wow yours turned out 10x better than the shit I did.

>I lit the tip of my pencil for a second to make the black more intense
That's an interesting method, I'll try it for my 2nd attempt now.
Thanks for helping!

>>7941113
Nah,I knew it would mess with the blackness, I applied it directly on my lids. Maybe I needed a primer for it to stick better? If that doesnt help, I'm guessing it's probably the quality of the pencil - I bought this one from the supermarket makeup aisle.

>> No.7942387

>>7941464
There's definitely a difference if you use regular shampoo or dye your hair, and it gets less greasy if you don't wash it all the time. I can go a week without washing, and when I was on exchange in the US I would get hounded by my host mother about being "filthy" so I had to wash it daily. It was constantly greasy and sometimes you just can't be picky about shampoo.

>> No.7942389

>>7941796
>spoopy life
come on

>> No.7942545

First time poster here and not sure if this is the place to ask but I'm looking at do Simon Blackquill from Ace Attorney series and looking for some advice on what to do his dark makeup under his eyes with?
Would prefer something simple as 1st time doing this & I should also point out I have naturally very oily skin & the venue is going to be stinking hot and humid so there will be possible sweating too.

>> No.7942790
File: 961 KB, 245x250, what even happened here.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yikes. Original ZOMG anon here, I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with their scents. Their marketing is undoubtedly childish but I'd heard good things about their product. Let's not turn this into a big thing, yeah?

>>7941488
Thank you for your advice, anon, I appreciate it.

>>7942545
As I recall, Simon is supposed to look like he has severe under-eye circles - it's just that in-game that translates to looking like a member of KISS. The type of makeup you use will probably depend upon whether you want to duplicate his in-game look or go for a more realistic interpretation.

>> No.7942845

Very important - I'm somewhat paranoid that I have b.o. (I sometimes carry deodorant with me in case I need to reapply partway through the day.)
I have a stable of about 5 different BPAL scents that I wear most days. I really like resiny, musky scents, and sweet-but-not-too-foody scents.
In the morning, post shower, pre clothes.
Since I use oil, a little goes a long way (especially since some of the ones I like have stuff like patchouli in them and I don't want to be that guy). I think the only bottle I used up took me several years to get through.
Since I'm into BPAL, theme or reference is important (I collect the Wind in the Willows scents since I love that book, and got some of the Only Lovers Left Alive scents because I loved the movie) but also I'm picky and I don't want to be one of those rabid collectors who has 100s of bottles, so I pretty much keep to certain notes that I like: amber, honey, incense-type notes, musks, sandalwood, rum, vanilla.

>> No.7942896

>>7942387
Some of us can't, anon.

>> No.7942907

>>7942896
Well yes, but I'm saying for those who can, since most people can.

>> No.7943060
File: 30 KB, 427x640, tumblr_nf54568dI71rrhjaso1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7942279
No problem anon!
I didn't use a primer when applying the liner. My face was completely washed out after removing my makeup, but a primer is needed to avoid smudging.

Try using the lighter method to see if you can get a more intense black. If not, then yeah, the pigment of the liner isn't that good.

>>7942545
It is, anon! This thread is for regular makeup as well as cosplay. I searched for the character and if we go by >>7942790 explanation, you can try two methods for the in-game look:

1.-Using eyeliner and smudging it out
2.-Using eyeliner on your lower lid and then eyeshadow to make those like, inverted triangle shapes.

For the more realistic look, apply the first method.
Use a primer since the weather is going to be humid.

>> No.7943532

Okay, so I think I want to treat myself to a nice eyeshadow palette since my makeups skills have been improving, all the stuff I use at the moment is drugstore stuff. I don't live in the US so everything is a LOT more expensive than it would be in the States, hence why I've been using the cheaper stuff (which is expensive enough as it is when you're a student). Any recommendations? I'd like something with mostly nudes/neutrals so I know I'll use it, but also a few wearable colours to experiment and branch out with. Also I'd prefer something that's good value for money, and of course it has to be good quality. At least 8-10 colours is preferable

>> No.7943565

>>7943532
>Urban Decay
All NAKED palettes [12 colors]

>Smashbox
Master Class Palette III [32 neutral eyeshadows and contouring powders to sculpt a look that works with all skin tones.]
Double Exposure Palette [14 shadows that transition into 28 shades when you add water]

>M.A.C.
Keepsakes Plum Eyes palette [8 colors]
Keepsakes Smokey Eyes palette [8 colors]

>Too Faced
Chocolate Bar palette [16 colors]

>> No.7943794

Hey guys, got an eyebrow pencil in MAC today (this one in Lingering: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/149/263/Products/Eyes/Brow/Eye-Brows/index.tmpl)) yet it seems to be completely flat at the top. Doesn't seem like I can twiddle around with it or push it up, either. Thinking of returning it, but quite frankly I'm baffled.

While we're on the subject, seagulls - what are your favourite eyebrow pencils? Think I'll buy a different brand's one instead tomorrow.

>> No.7943799

>>7943794
Anastasia Beverly Hills. Everything which I own that is brow related is from them.

>> No.7943838

My mom gave me modern muse for my birthday! I've been lusting for it for ever. It came with a cute silver tray to display them on too.

>> No.7944323

>>7943565
Ooh, thanks for the suggestions. I think the Chocolate Bar palette seems right up my alley

>> No.7944330
File: 89 KB, 500x673, tumblr_nejkl0SOrc1qh66wqo2_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7944323
Glad to be of help!

>> No.7944352

>>7944323
I just bought it recently and it's the best thing.

>> No.7944365

How is the Pixi Ultimate Beauty Kit (2nd Edition)? It looks like very good value for money

>> No.7944484
File: 218 KB, 500x375, crying.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7943060
I gave it a go, burning it made it look shinier than last time. Maybe even lighter looking too because of the shine, despite being completely opaque with pigment but I forgot to take a picture for comparing last time so I might be fussy.

I'm gonna give it one last go with a different liner pencil, otherwise I might start looking into ordering some professional clown makeup or something. Thanks for all the help anyway, I thought I'd be going into the deep end alone

>> No.7944498
File: 891 KB, 500x375, 1389575684971.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7944484
YOUR PIC PLEASES ME.

>> No.7944507
File: 483 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_ne0ogdcYC51rq4uvro1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7944484
I'm sorry to hear that anon. Hope you manage to get good results in the end!

>> No.7944515

>>7944484
I think I saw Gropey in that thread with the picture of Anna from Frozen. He could help if it's with clown makeup.

>> No.7944599

i haven't really worn makeup before, but i'm trying to learn more about it. i have a freckley face and i was wondering what kind of concealer/foundation i could use that wouldn't cover up my freckles?

>> No.7944619

>>7944599
Light coverage foundations and light concealers are a good option for you.
BB creams are also a good option.

>> No.7944718

Asked this in the last thread, but I'd like some more opinions. How do you guys buy single eyeshadows? I always want to buy them in duos or trios (lid and crease or lid, crease and highlight). I'm also conflicted about whether to get colours I know I'll use (because then I know my money isn't going to be wasted) or to get new colours to experiment with (so I can try new things without buying a whole palette)

>> No.7944864

>>7941369
This anon here, went ahead and bought it (asked the saleslady what she thought would be good for my hair, amusingly enough also recommended Godiva). It was my first time ever using a bar shampoo and it worked much better than I imagined it to. It lathered up immediately, took well to my hair, I'm leaving it dry naturally and so far I like the feel of it. Obviously it'll take a week or so before I see any real results but so far, I like it. It's also a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner but to let my hair go normal again I'll be washing it every second day.

It's also kinda long and straggly at the bottom so I'll be cutting it up past my shoulders soon... Going to leave it grow out a bit over the Christmas break so hopefully all these good hair habits will have a real visible effect come January. Taking vitamins as well and will look into hair masks.

>> No.7945367

>>7944718
I just buy colors I like. Ones I know that can flatter. Its not really complex.

>> No.7945538

>>7944599
You could try a BB cream. I use them because foundations always have been too dark and too heavy for me. They make my skin itch after several hours. BB creams are a lot lighter.

>> No.7945784

So, my issue lately is that my rosacea is in overdrive. My face is mostly giant patches of red, which the patches are dry as well.

Foundation has been a nightmare for me, because even with my routine for the dry skin, the foundation will either:
1) Not be enough to cover the insane redness and highlight the dry patches
2) Have to layer it, have to put a little bit more on than I want to, and then it melts off/transfers off/look like I have 1000 layers of makeup on.

Currently, I use Korres Greek Yoghurt Moisturizer, Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, Maybelline 24hr concealer, and NARS Loose Setting Powder.

I feel like I'm either doing something wrong, or I'm missing out on some great product. I wish I could go without makeup, but BB creams and tinted moisturizers just don't cut it alone, unfortunately.

>> No.7945846

>>7945784
You should look into green concealers.
Also you may benefit from products with aloe in them.

>> No.7945882

Possible shopping problem/fucked up winter skin anon reporting in. I think the Body Shop stuff is helping me out. I won't get into the gross detail of what was happening with my lips, but lots of exfoliation and near constant application of the vitamin E lip balm did the trick after a few days. And more importantly has kept it from coming back. The rest of my face seems to be holding up so far too. We've got negative degree windchills this week so I will be continuing to test how it does.

>> No.7945895
File: 17 KB, 600x483, Vera wange.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My all time Fave it just smells like just the amount of sweet.

>> No.7945923

>>7945882
Anon if you're using the aloe cream it's going to help your face greatly.
I'm glad the vitamin E lip balm is working too.

>> No.7945942

>>7945882
Seconding >>7945923
I'm combination oily, but when it got colder up here, my face got a lot more sensitive and I've been using The Body Shop's aloe day cream as my daytime moisturizer. It really does help with redness and dryness, even redness I had caused by acne. It hasn't over-hydrated me or caused greasiness. It actually leaves my skin feeling pretty soft.

>> No.7945965
File: 44 KB, 450x450, glazed-apple-sparkler_l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not to be a TBS whore, but I'm honestly thinking of dropping by there tomorrow since I haven't gone in a week or two. Prior to that, it had been months since I made the switch to other products. They finally brought their sparklers back, but they go away after the holidays. I need to restock and I'm eying the glazed apple one. I have one of the originals in pink. This may be good for anyone looking for something for their brows:

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/makeup/eyeliner/smoky-2-in-1-gel-liner.aspx

Also, two new palettes!

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/whats-new/new-in/frosted-pastels-palette.aspx

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/makeup/eye-shadow/dolly-pastels-palette.aspx

>> No.7945968

So I was just browsing Amazon and I came across a Smashbox holiday palette from a few years ago for dirt cheap. I've never used Smashbox before but reviews say it's good quality makeup. Anyone wanna add their two cents before I get it?

>> No.7945991

>>7945968
It is good, but the only thing I'm ever wary about with that is the fact that it's Amazon and fuckers can lie. I've, surprisingly, never had it happen to me in the year and a half I've been ordering from Korean sellers on there. However, I had read reviews on certain perfumes on there that were fakes or people selling fake M.A.C. lipsticks on there. As long as the seller is legit, I don't see a problem.

>> No.7945994

I hear so many people say not to buy makeup from ebay, but then the massive Coastal Scents palettes are also highly recommended. Aren't the CS palettes just repackaged/rebranded ebay ones?

>> No.7946016
File: 14 KB, 382x141, tumblr_n3nobmNia71s5tssuo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7945968
The only thing I'd be wary of is the fact that places like Amazon and eBay tend to sell fakes.
Smashbox is decent, though.

>>7945994
I only know of the quality of their shadows, and honestly I don't find them to be very good.
I've gotten this same kind of texture from L.A. Colors.
Pic related, the girl's using CS.

>> No.7946040

>>7945991
>>7946016
I've seen it for a similar price on other sites, the main reason it's that cheap is probably because it's from 2011(I think?). Is the fact that it doesn't come with the bonus primer a red flag in your opinions?

>> No.7946044

>>7946040
Do you have a link?

>> No.7946078

>>7945923
>>7945942
For now I am using the Aloe Protective Serum and the Clinique moisturizer I already had, because I had just bought a new jar, and both the Aloe night and day creams were sold out when I ordered. I will probably try the night cream since I don't have one, when I make my next order. Also still using the Origins Ginzing eye cream to try to help my undereyes, but I'm not seeing any difference yet. (I'm still not getting enough sleep either though.)

>> No.7946080

>>7945965
Damn, those are cute. But I don't need any eyeshadow and I've gone an entire week without buying any makeup, haha.

>> No.7946087

>>7946078
You could try the Vitamin E cream for under your eyes, if it's dark circles. That's what worked for >>7946044 . I used other stuff, but it's pricier and I feel bad suggesting things that seem expensive.

>> No.7946092

>>7936377
Just wanted to say thanks to all the people who put the FAQ together. I'm a total retard when it comes to make up/perfume/skincare so it really helps.

Back to lurking

>> No.7946109

>>7946044
I can't find the same listing, but here's another one that's quite cheap too
http://www.amazon.com/Yourre-Holiday-Palette-Without-Finish/dp/B00NM6LSVY/ref=sr_1_138?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1416360945&sr=1-138&keywords=smashbox

>> No.7946144
File: 490 KB, 500x281, no problem sugartits.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7946092
Thank you so much. We're really glad that it's been helping people and we do encourage you guys to post your reviews/hauls. We had spent a week or so tossing this idea back and forth before we actually put the very first guide into action.

Questions are always welcomed and your reviews do help other anons. Thanks in return for being a great group.

>> No.7946156

>>7946044
>>7946109
Oh, here's the first listing I found.
http://www.amazon.com/Smashbox-Yourre-Holiday-Palette-Without/dp/B00DSDJBB0/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt
This one seems TOO good go be true, but the $20 seems more reasonable.

>> No.7946162
File: 90 KB, 500x607, tumblr_n0zgdqe6A91sk9rh5o6_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7946078
Oh I remember you! Remember to also drink plenty of water and yeah, enough sleep is also important.
>>7946109
Hmm yeah, the fact that it doesn't come with the primer kinda makes it shady imo.
I would buy something like this instead
>http://www.sephora.com/bon-voyage-collector-set-travel-bag-P388943?skuId=1633940
>>7946092
I'm glad we've been helpful, anon!

>> No.7946584
File: 59 KB, 450x321, 1638216-bigthumbnail.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey guys just letting you know these two guides have been added to the doc for future references:
>>7941626
>>7941684

We're also working on a brow guide for the next thread.

>> No.7946594

>>7944619
>>7945538
thank you!!

>> No.7946618

I really like smells like taylor swifts wonderstruck, kind of warm and sweet but still mature and doesn't make me nauseous. Anyone else like this perfume and have suggestions of others I might enjoy? I want to check some new stuff out.

>> No.7946648

>>7946618
Poison by Dior
Diamonds by Armani
Armani Code
Flower by Kenzo
Insolence by Guerlain
Mirage by Lancome

>> No.7946678
File: 16 KB, 480x270, unnamed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's the general opinion of zWinnieYap's tutorials?

>> No.7946686

>>7946678
They're good.

>> No.7946689

Anyone have reviews for Too Faced's cocoa powder foundation?

>> No.7946767

>>7946678
We actually added that channel to the doc. We found it useful for cosplay.

>> No.7946778

>>7946678
>>7937836

>> No.7947237
File: 76 KB, 500x500, eugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So Skin79 bbcreams seem to be getting harder to find.
I used to buy from CosmeticLove but they stopped carrying the Snail one and the Purple and green one are like $40, while I used to pay like $25-30. I don't mind paying more for it but I was wondering if anyone knows where to get one that is legit?
They closed down the American site and Sasa only has the gold one.

>> No.7947262

>>7947237
YesStyle. There are links to Asian shops in the document in the OP.

>> No.7947551
File: 326 KB, 919x1300, ooohhhmakio.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7947262
Ah, I only read the first three suggestions. Thanks.
I didn't think of Yestyle because it was all taobao clothing but their prices on this make up it great.
Thank you.

>> No.7947797
File: 944 KB, 500x281, is this gum.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Home! I'll post the swatches for M.A.C. Cyber and Chanel Elegante tomorrow, when I have the chance to take advantage of natural light. House lights make the photos look weird. I went clothes shopping and hit up M.A.C. and The Body Shop. I got..

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bath-body-care/body-moisturizers/lotions-creams/cocoa-butter-moisturizing-stick.aspx

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/shop-by-line/aloe-skin-care/aloe-soothing-day-cream.aspx

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/shop-by-line/aloe-skin-care/aloe-protective-serum.aspx

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/facial-exfoliators/aloe-gentle-exfoliator.aspx

I didn't need to rely on aloe in the past, but ever since September I have needed something more gentle with the change to colder, dry weather. I still rely on other stuff for my face that I've been using for a few years now like My Beauty Diary, Yes to Tomatoes, Shiseido, and Burt's Bees.

I also stopped into Sephora to take in what kinds of things they had in as far as products go. A lot of girls who come into these threads seem to be having the issue that I was with needing very fair cosmetics. Surprisingly, Kat Von D's powders go to VERY fair shades and Clinique's are pretty light, too. My default for fair powders was always Lancome, but NARS is also an option. I also suggest checking your powders, if you use translucent, because that could also be presenting an issue. My Chanel powder, while the lightest shade and translucent, is still a lot darker than my Too Faced powder. Chanel is still good, but I recommend hand tests and trying not to be too heavy handed with that one because it can make you appear two-toned. Too Faced's Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder is very, very light and doesn't cast a darker undertone. Another good option, if you are in the same boat that I was, is Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light. Both are the lightest I use and work wonderfully over Mizon's Snail BB Cream.

>> No.7947804

>>7947797
I'd also like to add that a powder which was perfect for my skin tone in the past was Manic Panic's Virgin pressed powder, but as good as the color was, the application is shit. Neither brush nor sponge nor pouf helps that stuff blend. It pretty much looks like someone hit your face with a chalkboard eraser. Unfortunately, that's something to do with the formula.

>> No.7947808

Finished test-running Innisfree's No Sebum Pact. It's so lovely but it's tiny!

>> No.7947834

>>7947808
Wah, I suggested that a few threads back. I hope that anon got to use it or another anons have tried it. I do like Innisfree for their skincare

>> No.7948074

what items from the bodyshop do you guys recommend? I live near a store and wanted to check it out

I also wanted to ask about burts bees, I love their lip stuff but I was curious about their eye cream and maybe some of their other products.

>> No.7948089

>>7948074
I favor their peach items, but also enjoy their strawberry and grapefruit stuff. Used to own a lot of their perfumes, but one was discontinued and the formula was changed for another. Atlas Rose is still good, though. Loved their cocoa butter and vitamin e lip balms, even though I'm a Burt's Bees/bag balm whore when it comes to balms. Their newest glazed apple line smells AMAZING and I'm hoping their raspberry is also brought back next summer.

For skin care, years ago, I used to use their tea tree stuff because I had really oily skin. My skin has since changed and I no longer need something that harsh. I've tried things from each of their skin care lines, but I have to say that seaweed and aloe are the best ones for me. My favorite mask by them is the warming mineral mask. I did use Nutriganics for a short period of time, but stopped once I realized I don't have wrinkles and doing this was only going to over-hydrate and cause a breakout. The face wash from that line made my skin feel amazingly soft, though.

As for makeup, their pressed powder and eye shadows. The shadows have good pigment and staying power. I also prefer going here for my makeup brushes, as they tend to last me a while and be less than Sephora. I also used to own their baked blush, which was also great and on par with Too Faced and Tarte's blushes.

As for Burt's Bees, I use their acne cleanser and the soap bark and chamomile cleanser. One is for a "normal" day and the other is for if I'm experiencing a breakout. Thankfully, those are never the nightmares they used to be prior to college. I'm also a massive fan of their herbal blemish stick for spot treatments on pimples. It's helped me reduce them in hours, before they can even become those full, sub-surface bumps.

>> No.7948154

>>7948089
>>7948074
Also, if it helps, my skin type is combination oily. I don't have blackheads and my only issues are oiliness and sub-surface breakouts caused by stress. Diet, bedsheets, and water intake have never been issues. This is, unfortunately, a skin type passed through my Father's side of the family whereas everyone on my Mother's side has bone dry skin, incapable of acne yet they get windburnt VERY easily on their cheeks.

>> No.7948211

>>7948074
I am their whore, so I have tried almost anything from them. Since you don't specify what kind of products you're looking for, I'll give you a break down on everything I've tried.

>Body butters
They're thick, their scent tends to last a lot, but you may find them a little oily if you use a lot on your body. They're best for winter, imo.

>Body lotions
Really light compared to body butters. The scent doesn't last as long compared to butters, but it lasts for a decent amount of time regardless.

>Body Sorbets
Probably my favorite. They're even lighter than body lotions but with better scent longevity.

>Body milk & puree
I don't know if they still have these available [I think not], but these were not that good. In the case of the body milk, you needed to use a lot to get decent hydration, and in the case of the puree, it had alcohol, which burned especially after shaving.

>Body mists & perfumes
Good for their price. I've only tried jasmine, cherry blossom, vanilla, and rose.

As for skincare I've tried 4 lines.

>Tea tree face cream
It burned me, period. I have really, REALLY sensitive skin, and that shit's too harsh if you have sensitive skin like mine.

>Aloe line
It has amazing reviews and it's a really good line if you have flaky, dry skin with redness. The 3-step line really helped me.

>Nutriganics line
It's the one I'm currently using. It's for age prevention and I'm all about them wrinkles and shit. Since I'm combination dry skin, it hydrates me decently. Their facial foam and toner are really nice. They don't leave an oily finish on my skin. However, their drops of youth broke me out. Posted a picture a couple of threads ago with pictures of the damage caused by it.

>Vitamin E
Probably the most hydrating line. I use their eye cream and used their sorbet. The eye cream helps with puffiness, and it says it works on dark circles too, but I honestly didn't see it. I still prefer it over the Nutriganics eye cream but both are good eye creams.

Cont

>> No.7948241

>>7948211
From Vitamin E I also use their lip balm. It is a really good lip balm and it repairs your lips overnight. An anon bought it and reported back with good results [shoutout to you anon!]
For makeup:

>Lipgloss
I haven't tried one in forever, because the one I had was really shitty. They apparently changed the formulas in the lipglosses, so they may have better staying power.

>Lipstick
I bought one from the Color Crush line a month ago. Really decent color, decent staying power, the formula changed worked.

>Foundation
I posted the Moisture foundation review and pics last thread. I had trouble finding a foundation for my skintone [because all were too beige on me], and this one is surprisingly good. It offers light to medium coverage, and it doesn't smudge.

>Mascara
They're the best mascaras next to Too Faced's, imo. Affordable and nice.

>Eyeliner
Their pencil eyeliner is good but it's not that intense, and if you don't apply a primer before, your liner will literally disappear after a couple of hours. However the liquid liner is ridiculously good. I have very oily lids and sometimes not even primer prevents my makeup from smudging, but the liner has been the only product that doesn't smudge.

>Eyeshadow
I own one of their cube palettes. I don't use it a lot, but it's decent. Light and soft colors, though, so you might have to layer them to get a better finish. I don't use it much because the colors are no longer my style.

>Tools
I have a puff for my powder and an eyeshadow brush. Both are good, especially the puff.

>Bath stuff
Their loofahs are soft as fuck, and create a lot of foam. Their liquid soaps are a good deal if you buy their jumbo bottles, they last up to 6 months.
Their shampoos are also decent. Their ginger shampoo is good for volume.

-House stuff
Their home fragrance oils are also really good. I own lemon and green tea and jasmine, and they have ridiculous longevity. Really good shit.

Cont.

>> No.7948251
File: 835 KB, 280x189, 1416232569612.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7948241
>Exfoliation
Their 3 in 1 honey & oats scrub mask is perfect for dry, sensitive skin.

>Makeup removers
The camomile line is the best I've tried.
Their sumptuous butter and eye makeup remover are good. The butter leaves my face soft af.

>Instablur primer
It's thick and dries fast. I didn't try it on my face because I have sensitive skin so eh, not risking it.

>BB creams
They're honestly shit.

>Virgin minerals powder and foundation
Surprisingly good, but I only saw shades for dark skin available.

And that's pretty much it.

>> No.7948266

>>7948211
>drops of youth

Used this, too. It actually has helped me for marks left behind from acne, but it can cause some people to breakout if they're either too sensitive or over-hydrating themselves. Their Drops of Youth for eyes, however, is actually good. I didn't get a chance to restock on that today, because they were sold out during this buy three, get three free sale.

>> No.7948329
File: 48 KB, 600x449, 1397681586-0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7948089
>>7948154
>>7948211
>>7948241
>>7948251

Thank you both!! I think I'll definitely look into their aloe line because I have dry skin/redness. It's good to hear that most of their products are decent

I'll have to pick up the herbal blemish stick as well

>> No.7948351

>>7948329
No problem. I hope their sale is still going on when you go. But, even still..

>after Christmas all the gift sets usually worth like $60 drop soooooo low because they need to get rid of shit

>> No.7950448

>>7947797
>try to swatch
>fucking rains

Nature, fuck you, too. On to reviews..

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bath-body-care/body-moisturizers/lotions-creams/cocoa-butter-moisturizing-stick.aspx

May be considered pricey to some, but I can already tell that this is going to last me a bit. It works like a deodorant stick with a wheel on the bottom to move more up as you use it. Has a nice, sweet scent to it and doesn't feel greasy. This may become a regular purchase for me, because cocoa butter itself always feels so greasy when I use this massive Queen Helene bottle of it. It hydrates well, but I don't have stretch marks so I can't speak to how it helps those.

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/shop-by-line/aloe-skin-care/aloe-soothing-day-cream.aspx

Light moisturizer which leaves my skin feeling very soft, yet doesn't over-hydrate or cause excessive oiliness. No fragrance and no irritation.

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/shop-by-line/aloe-skin-care/aloe-protective-serum.aspx

Bought this just to try it out. Applied it before the moisturizer, as instructed, and helps skin feel very soft as well as glow. No fragrance, irritation, or pore clogging. Absorbs quickly.

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/facial-exfoliators/aloe-gentle-exfoliator.aspx

Also purchased this just to try it out. I've been using a completely different exfoliant for a year and a half now and I still prefer it over this one. Again, no fragrances or irritation. It isn't harsh and the tiny granules in it are so small. Smallest I've ever come by in an exfoliant, actually. Isn't drying, either. I prefer my charcoal exfoliant and The Body Shop's tea tree squeaky clean scrub to this, frankly. However, it would likely be ideal for someone with much more sensitive skin than I.

>> No.7951355

I'm trying the biore perfect face sunscreen and it's so lovely!!! But definitely not great if you even have a small patch of dry skin, so I'll need to exfoliate a little better. But yeah I have oily skin and am finding it a bit drying do if you have dry skin I'd avoid it entirely!

But it is probably the first product I have ever tried that has covered up my pores so well and made my face look quite as lovely. So as a makeup base it's beaten things like the porefessional and babyskin by miles. Especially for $12! Hell fucking yeah

>> No.7951365

>>7951355
Warned you about that alcohol content. :c I hope it still works fine for you, because it was a great product for me last summer.

It could always be worse, though. Could be St.Ives. Hue.

>> No.7951374

Alright, I have been looking in the thread and so far it doesn't seem like anything useful to me has been mentioned.

I need something to help even out my skin that's becoming really really dry. I have combination skin, being more oily in T-zone, but right now it is flaky(and still greazy) and itchy as fuck. I've been using my usual winter things but nothing working.

What do you guys suggest?

>> No.7951379

>>7951374
I would suggest Laniege's sleeping pack, which is VERY good for dry skin, but it does hold the possibility of over-hydrating some if used too frequently or depending on the skin type. There is also..

>http://www.origins.com/products/10069/Skincare/Star-Collection/Make-A-Difference/index.tmpl

And, Shiseido's Ibuki Collection. Nature Republic and The Body Shop both have aloe products which have helped anons with skin issues similar to yours.

>> No.7951397
File: 66 KB, 500x500, 1378644545098.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Clinique has new eye shadow palettes.~

>http://www.clinique.com/wear-everywhere-neutrals

I really like the blue one.

>> No.7951401

>>7951379
Thank you! I think I may have some aloe something from the body shop lying around.

>> No.7951408

>>7951401
No problem! Rose is also a known moisturizing/brightening agent in skin care, so products with that in it could possibly suit you. I would have suggested TBS vitamin e, but it can be overly hydrating for some anons.

>> No.7951413

>>7951408
I'll be weary of over hydrating. My skin is pretty finicky. It's just been much more dry than it has over the past few years, possibly since I recently moved near the ocean. I had to up on my sunscreen as well.

>> No.7951614
File: 109 KB, 683x1024, prabal-gurung-mac-cosmetics-packaging.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh, the Prabal Gurung Collection is also now available at M.A.C.! We've posted about it in past threads a few times, but few pictures were available.

>http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/13733/New-Collections/Prabal-Gurung/index.tmpl

Also, the holiday collection:

>http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/13506/New-Collections/Heirloom-Mix/index.tmpl

I'm not really a fan of the bags and cases that these come in. They look a little cheap, but a lot of the colors as far as eye shadows and lipsticks go are nice. Your thoughts on either?

>> No.7951704
File: 97 KB, 640x640, jeffree star.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I apologize if the hand in pic related is a little.. jarring? It belongs to Jeffree Star, who used to be known throughout the internet for just being a giant drama whore. However, Jeffree has been recently working on his own cosmetics line. As an MUA, it's shown that he knows his shit. Take a look at these beauties!~

>http://instagram.com/p/vHX0iGoh7I/?modal=true

>http://instagram.com/p/vkKGlkoh3Y/?modal=true

Look a little familiar?~ They're close to Lime Crime's Velvetines, but better. And, I'm sure you've all seen in the past how fond we've been with posting products that work like velvetines yet are superior. The color pigment seems to be a lot stronger than Lime Crime's and the consistency is also better! Here's to hoping he releases some eye shadows with strong pigments, as well.

>> No.7951750

>>7951413
You could also try stuff with Vitamin E for the flaky areas only.
>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/facial-moisturizers/vitamin-e-aqua-boost.aspx
I used it at night and it helped me.

>> No.7951754

>>7951750
>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/facial-moisturizers/vitamin-e-aqua-boost.aspx

Still have that shit in pink grapefruit and strawberry for the body kind. I wish they'd make a peach one already.

>> No.7952748
File: 282 KB, 446x442, 13436063156523.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7936675
Fragonard's Juste un Baiser.

>> No.7952877

I recently bought a travel size version of hourglass's matte lipstick stuff and I have to say I like the Kat Von D everlasting love so much better. The woman is a bitch, but her lipstick is nice

>> No.7952916

>>7951704
didn't he do an ad for those where they dried in like .02 seconds or something? It seemed kinda fake

>> No.7952933

>>7952916
Personally, I'd hate for it to dry in two seconds. I'm clumsy as fuck with my lipstick.

>> No.7952939

>>7941669
So I received my Tokyo milk, in crushed, and it's like a non overpowering version of bpal. It's great that it's in spray form too!

>> No.7952987
File: 60 KB, 120x120, tumblr_n4hqh8YdQS1spaqpio2_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7952916
>didn't he do an ad for those where they dried in like .02 seconds or something? It seemed kinda fake

Well that's the point of matte lipglosses. The Maybelline I own dries really, really fast, so you have to be quick with it.

>> No.7953051

>>7951704
MUA? Those claws aren't coming anywhere near my face, thanks.

>> No.7953052

>>7953051
honey i highly doubt you can even afford him.

>> No.7953065
File: 60 KB, 325x345, 1395483608674.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7951704
>Jeffree Star

Embarrassing childhood memories incoming.

>> No.7953068

>>7953052
>implying anon wouldn't want someone famous for their talent and not the male(?) version of Kiki kannibal

>> No.7953073

>>7953052
That doesn't make him any less trashy

>> No.7953077

>>7953052
Wayne Goss is 1000 times better, and doesn't put your eye out with giant bacteria catchers at the end of his fingers.

>> No.7953078
File: 8 KB, 300x300, 1405660717552.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7953051
I sympathize. I've never really liked that nail style.

>>7953065
Oh, I remember ages ago when I had found him on MySpace and then that whole ED page thing. He seems to have matured since then and while I've been 'ehh' about him for the longest time, I'm willing to try his cosmetics. He's been a sought after MUA in the business and if he's more competition for Xenia, I'm all for it. Especially if his matte black will be superior. I really am not looking forward to needing to sit on M.A.C.'s site, waiting to order Hautecore.

My kingdom for a black lipstick which doesn't suck ass.

>> No.7953079

>>7953068
>implying he doesn't have any talent
>inb4 any sort of reply about how i must be 15/edgy/whatever you can come up with

>>7953073
you're missing the point spectacularly.

>> No.7953082

>>7953077
Anon you can keep your nails clean you know?

>> No.7953406

It's cold and dry as fuck up here and for the first time ever, my legs decided to be dry and itchy this winter. Thankfully, there's no flaking. What I've found to be useful..

>http://www.aveeno.com/product/aveeno+daily+moisturizing+lotion.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

>http://www.amazon.com/Biore-Body-Moisture-Cherry-Blossom/dp/B00COCFA8O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_bt_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0N1SVWTTJJS1CPM9YDFT

>> No.7953519

Somehow the super repair cream from FAB caused some dry bumpy skin near my mouth and chin. That's the only thing that changed in my beauty routine and I normally have dry skin, but could this be causing the bumps? they aren't acne bumps, but tiny ones that are the same color as my skin.

>> No.7953525

>>7953519
Yeah, it's probably an adverse effect from the cream, anon.

>> No.7953526

>>7953519
If they're the same color as your skin, perhaps whitish, they're called milia. It's still a form of acne and it's caused by over-hydrating yourself.

>> No.7953530

>>7953519
Also! I should add that this cream seems to be for really severely damaged skin so you probably irritated it because it's too harsh, anon.

>> No.7953575

>>7953526
I have milia under my eyes, so I know what they look like and this isn't milia. Also my skin is extremely dry to the point where gentle exfoliating and using moisturizer and night jelly still leaves peeling skin everywhere. I was mostly hoping for something extremely hydrating, but I guess it's back to square one. Mizon's snail repair cream is in the mail so hopefully that will work.

>> No.7953607
File: 271 KB, 600x800, 1380688086015.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7953575
>under my eyes

I had that shit during high school and it took ages to go away on it's own.

>> No.7953727

>>7953575
>milia under my eyes
Holy shit, I wish I'd known this term when it happened to me. I only had one, though, but it was fairly large and the skin peeled all around it. Doctor gave me a steroid cream and that actually helped the redness and peeling, but it took so long to completely go away. Eventually I kind of just pinched it out from under my skin, like a zit. It was this hard white thing. The spot bled for a bit, but better a tiny scab than that thing.

>> No.7953858

>>7953519
Anon, I have insanely dry skin as well, and I had the same issues with FAB (I have issues with almost all of their entire line of products). I ended up returning it back to Sephora.

Currently I'm using Korres Greek Yoghurt Moisturizing Cream, and it's doing OK. Let me know how the snail cream is!

>> No.7953950

Anyone have recommendations for a good under eye concealer? I have constant really dark circles under my eyes, so I need something that's really heavy coverage, without being too cakey. In the past i've tried Marykay, Loreal, and maybelline.

>> No.7953982

>>7953950
Funny thing, Origins GinZing eye cream is said to get rid of dark circles, but it really just brightens them for the day. It works pretty well for that.

>> No.7953987

>>7953950
3 Concept eyes, Bobbi Brown, and Dior have good concealers.

>> No.7954106

>>7953950
Touche Éclat will never let you down

>> No.7954343

I got Sonnet d'Automne from BPAL a few days ago, and I am so in love. I'm not so sophisticated that I can tell individual notes the way some people do, but this one didn't seem to change on my skin, and it seriously lasted all day with only a single drop on the back of my neck. I was kind of shocked by how small the bottle was, though, for thirty dollars.
I'll probably keep shelling out, though, because a perfume that doesn't disappear on my skin after five minutes is a very rare thing.

>> No.7954942

I tried to smell Bath and Body Works for the first time in years today and it smelled awful. Feels sort of bad, because I did like their vanilla and Japanese cherry blossom for years, but now it just smells bad. I think I'm too used to Dior and Chanel now.

>> No.7954985

not perfume (I use nina ricci's nina because i like the smell and it lasts fairly long) but any recommendations for bb creams for cool undertones? i've been using dream matte mousse for ages even though i don't really need it and it's making my skin feel so clogged up :(

>> No.7955025

>>7954985
Skin79 Green
Mizon Snail BB Cream
Missha #13
Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB Cream
Bobbi Brown
Holika Holika Pore Clearing BB Cream
Dior Diorskin BB Cream
Lioele BB Creams
The Face Shop Quick and Clean BB Cream

If all else fails, you could try Hourglass' Immaculate Foundation or a Dior Capture Totale. Always spot test BB Creams, CC Creams, and foundations on your hand to see if they vanish before purchasing, if you can.

>> No.7955039

>>7954985
Also, Innisfree Mineral Skin BB Cream.

>> No.7955041

>>7955025
you're a babe, have wrote them all out and will be testing them asap!

>> No.7955463
File: 331 KB, 245x175, tumblr_mwo0m3KmtT1rcwa0zo2_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey guys! Just passing by to let you know the document has been updated. Ponfarr compiled a list of Asian BB cream brands. You can find it on the "Requests" section of the doc.
We didn't include Western brands because there seems to be an interest in Asian brands more, so there you have it. Also minor tweaks to the doc. Hope the list is helpful!

>> No.7955786
File: 318 KB, 245x140, no problem babe.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7955041

>> No.7955836
File: 99 KB, 525x700, tarte.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7936377
Hey gulls. Do any of you use Tarte or Too Faced concealers? I have products by them so I trust their quality, but I'm searching for a *really* good concealer that's also cruelty-free.

>> No.7955873

>>7955836
Bare Minerals and L.A. Colors Cover Up Pro Concealer. I would suggest Hard Candy, but they're no longer certified by Leaping Bunny as of last year. :( You could also try Jane Iredale.

>> No.7955894
File: 212 KB, 1205x899, 1395715300065.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yay! One of my favorite brands has finally put out some new products! I'm dying to try one of their new perfumes..

>http://besamecosmetics.com/collections/holiday-sets

>http://besamecosmetics.com/collections/fragrance

..Okay, I lied. I want three of them.

>> No.7955897

>>7955836
I only own tbs pencil concealer and it's been really good so far.
Then again it's my very first concealer and it does fix my dark circles.

>> No.7955919

>>7955897
>inb4 b-but loreal owns them!1!

Leaping Bunny even said that The Body Shop complies with their standards and that is why it was included on their shopping guide. They also stated that they didn't approve of the -parent- company, but had nothing bad to say of TBS.

>> No.7956126

>>7954343
It's expensive but a little goes a long way. That one just smelled like soap on me. My body chemistry dislikes a lot of their scents, but I guess it saves me money!

>> No.7956144

>>7956126
Thirty dollars is expensive...?

>> No.7956250
File: 2.73 MB, 2432x4320, 1416828179526912549823.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7956144
For 5mL of perfume? Yeah, sort of.

>> No.7956475

How do people smell like their perfume all day?
I buy au de perfume, no idea where to find just pure "perfume" so I dont know how everyone else does, but it wears out within 4-5 hours.

I dont know why, but I also like to smell peoples perfume as they walk past. Nobody can smell mine :/

>> No.7956562

>>7956475
Where are you wearing your perfumes, and how dry is your skin? I've found that if I wear mine on my wrists or in the crooks of my elbow, it fades pretty fast since those areas get a lot of rubbing throughout the day, but if I put them behind my ears/on the back of my neck, behind my knees, or on my upper chest, I get some good staying power. If your skin is dry, the scent doesn't last as long, either.

I personally love scent clouds (not enough to choke people, but enough that you don't have to be right on me to smell my perfume). Also, if you don't already, try spraying a little on your clothing, if you use spray perfumes- fabric holds scents forever. I prayed Armani's Si eau de parfum on one of my jackets a few weeks ago, and I can still smell it.

>> No.7956582

>>7956562
I think my skin is a little dry, yeah.

I'll try that. Right now I've sprayed on the clothes, on wrist and decollet(?). I read that behind ears was bogus and can irritate you so I don't do it there much but if you swear by it I'll do it. Behind the knees sounded kind of useless? Like only toddlers could smell that.
I get what you mean. Strong smells are not what I mean, just that faint scent you get.

>> No.7956593

>>7956582
>Behind the knees sounded kind of useless? Like only toddlers could smell that.

Behind your knees is good because it's a warm spot, and scent rises as it's heated. That's another reason why your perfume may seem to fade so fast.

>> No.7956631

>>7956144
I wondered this myself.

>> No.7956655

I just put in an order for a few things on Amazon. How's everyone else doing with their hauls?

>> No.7956825

>>7956593
Same thing with the stomach. I always put some there and it lasts the whole night.

>> No.7956856
File: 60 KB, 500x500, hebie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good afternoon.~

I didn't add any of these brands to the list on the document, because we hadn't had anyone asking about such a product. Just wondering, what is everyone's take on BB body lotions?

They work the same as BB creams would, but they're not for your face. Some of them contain the same benefits as regular BB creams do; Whitening, brightening, anti-wrinkle, SPF, firming, moisturizing, etc.

>> No.7956869

>>7956856
i'd be curious to hear takes on bb body creams as well, i've considered purchasing one before

>> No.7956903

Can someone please give advice about de-puffing the under eye area? I realize that nothing I do short of surgery can be permanent but is there anything I can do prior to events so my under-eyes look good for at least 5 hours? I have a good concealer (Benefit) that matches my skintone so it's more puffiness that dark circles I have a problem with. I've tried snail creams with no results.

>> No.7956939
File: 229 KB, 700x967, kabuki_pout-copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Best way to get clean, crisp lines? And for that matter, best method to set them after so they stay crisp and clean?

>> No.7956952
File: 27 KB, 650x354, racist.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I make a lot of "are you fucking serious" confused faces, and I'm starting to get a furrowed brow crease on my right eyebrow even when my face is at rest. If this continues I'm going to end up looking like Marky Mark.
Does anyone have deep furrows/creases next to their eyebrows that they've smoothed out and if so, what product to you recommend?

>> No.7956971

>>7956903
Opinions on Clinique's All About Eyes Serum would e appreciated since I'm not sure that I could afford anything more expensive. I love Korean products but I have no idea what to try.

>> No.7956975

>>7956903
You could try Clinique's All About Eyes De-Puffing Rollerball, Caudalie's Eye Rescue, or the lotus eye gel by Fresh. If you're willing to spend more, then Dior or SK-II. Origins No Puffery is also good.

>> No.7956996

>>7956971
Oh, shit. I didn't see your reply until after I had left my own. For Korean, you could try Innisfree's Eco Science, Sulwhasoo, or Skin Food.

>> No.7957004

>>7956996
>Innisfree's Eco Science
Thank you very much for your help.

>> No.7957011

>>7956144
Most BPAL people a) aren't used to buying standard high-end cologne/perfume etc. for whatever reason b) buy a lot of different scents. It's not uncommon to have upwards of 100 bottles if you get into it. So the expense is relative. Also c) most perfume oils are a lot less expensive - TBS perfume oils are more like $10 if I recall and are a lot bigger than BPAL bottles.

>> No.7957032

>>7957011
For me, it's really just the size. >>7956250 the bottles are absolutely tiny. Thirty dollars for a nice, high end perfume is a steal (I'm an Armani fan), so I'm not afraid to pay more, but it just feels better when the bottles are larger, even though I know they don't last as long as BPAL.

>> No.7957055

>>7956952
The best lines that I know of for such a thing are Clinique and Elizabeth Arden. The only problem is that both brands largely cater towards mature skin, which is why a lot of their wrinkle repair products tend to not work that well on younger people. Asking for a sample from either is always an option, just to be sure. You could also try Neutrogena or Olay's wrinkle products.

As far as I'm aware, when people are very fed up and treatments cannot get rid of those, they get fillers. There was actually one anon in a past makeup thread who said she had to train herself to just open her eyes wider and she stopped moving her forehead muscles entirely.

>> No.7957076

>>7956939
Crisp and clean lines are a matter of steady hands and also good brushes.
Powder is good for setting them. I recommend Kryolan.

This might be a good read for you:
>http://books.google.com.mx/books?id=buCV40tP5V0C&pg=PA68&lpg=PA68&dq=how+to+get+clean+and+crisp+lines+in+makeup&source=bl&ots=p217dAoNvp&sig=NQM6N3-CE-RN3MP84YsvnR4xMg0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=FrNzVNjLBIaaNpuchMgC&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=how%20to%20get%20clean%20and%20crisp%20lines%20in%20makeup&f=false

>>7956952
You could try these
>http://www.clinique.com/product/1674/27170/Skin-Care/De-Aging/Repairwear-Laser-FocusSmooths-Restores-Corrects
>http://www.elizabetharden.com/prevage-anti-aging-daily-serum/1001PRVN40039,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=minimize-lines-wrinkles
>http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/skin-care/sensitive-skin/wrinkle-reducer-face-care/?cmSrc=Category

>> No.7957342

>>7956250
Kek. I wish my perfume cost so little.

>> No.7957397

>>7940478

I fucking love cyber, it's my favourite alternative to black lipstick. It gives more of a classic, victorian gothy feel than straight black and isn't at all drying.

>> No.7957405

>>7956250
nigger my perfume cost €200 for a size of about three of those bottles
it's really not that expensive

>> No.7957428

>>7957405
What the fuck are you buying, anon? Is it blended with gold and the tears of the Pope? 250USD for 15ml is ridiculous, unless you're exaggerating.

>> No.7957435

>>7946078

I got a sample of the GinZing from sephora, but I found it to just be a sticky highlighter that was the wrong colour for my skin. It didn't reduce my dark circles, just made them shiny.

>> No.7957447

>>7957428
I was exaggerating, but the real price isn't too far off since it's a niche scent

>> No.7957456

>>7957435
That's all it did for me, too. My dark circles aren't as bad as they used to be, but god this stuff sucked. It also was flaky as hell and made my under eyes appear dry. Oh, well. Back to the super corrective cream.

>>7957397
I love it, too. ;_; I'm still hoping I can eventually find a black lipstick that is good. That's why I'm trying to give >>7951704 a chance when he puts a black out early next year. I doubt Chanel will be releasing Hysteria again or anything like it anytime soon and I don't know my chances of getting one from M.A.C.'s website this Friday.

>> No.7957457

>>7957456
>I'm still hoping I can eventually find a black lipstick that is good.

I like Portland Black's lipstick. It lasts all day for me without drying out my lips something fierce.

>> No.7957458

>>7957457
Thank you. Apparently, Illamasqua's lipsticks weren't all they were cracked up to be when I looked at some reviews. Chaps my ass, because I wanted the black one and the navy one.

>> No.7957843

>>7957405
Good for you?

>> No.7957864

I, admittedly, don't even need one of these and yet I sort of want one just to try it out..

>http://www.veramona.com/#!shop/c1gyn

>> No.7958745

>>7957447
What makes a scent niche?

>> No.7959232

ShadyLady #1 is actually sort of cute.

http://www.thebalm.com/cosmetics/eyes/palettes.html

>> No.7959284

Does anyone have any experience with Tocca Beauty's perfumes?

>> No.7959314

>>7958745
Different than regular scents and more difficult to obtain, produced in smaller amounts as well. Usually but not always made by niche perfumeries, for example Xerjoff or Annick Goutal.
Basically niche scents cater to people who want something other than your regular "perfumey" perfumes and colognes and some of them smell really weird because of that. I also noticed that the line between your regular "feminine" and "masculine" scents gets blurrier the more niche of a scent you go for.

>> No.7959345
File: 135 KB, 1251x765, 1416873575679.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is probably stupid, but it crossed my mind last night; When cosplaying, has anyone worn certain perfumes which could attribute to their character? I've cosplayed Belle before and used a rosewater, because it was subtle. I'm now wondering what certain characters and Disney Princesses would smell like.

What about for lolita?

>> No.7959349

>>7959345
I dress in hime gyaru and when I do I wear cheap stuff from bath and body or VS so I smell like a cheap sugary whore. So I totally get your point.

>> No.7959357
File: 184 KB, 576x864, eeeee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7959349
>hime gyaru

All of my loves.

>> No.7959376

>>7959357
Hime gyaru is the best! I love how it's just oozing with this sort of trashy showy flashy rich bitch princess femininity. I haven't worn in a while since my new coat and boots haven't arrived yet. But I am just in love with the style.

>> No.7959397
File: 107 KB, 960x720, 1364427689978.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey guys, just letting you know we have added three more guides to the doc: Gradient lips, eyeliner, and gyaru makeup.

>> No.7959399
File: 74 KB, 450x240, yesperfect.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7959397
Thanks!

>> No.7959400
File: 348 KB, 245x152, 1411092365074.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hope the BB cream list didn't overwhelm anyone. I tried to include as many brands from all parts of Asia.

>> No.7959493

>>7959314
If you're using this definition, that anon bragging is even more ridiculous, because there are so many indie brands that meet that criteria that don't charge 200 dollars.

>> No.7959516

>>7959493
indie and niche are two different things though.

>> No.7959604

>>7959376
I really wish I could go back to liking Bath and Body Works like I did in high school, but after Chanel and Dior, it's just.. smelling it recently just wasn't the same. I feel as if I'd need to be in-character in order to use it. I used to like Japanese Cherry Blossom and the Warm Vanilla Sugar collections. I've wanted to smell their peach stuff, but I'm having trouble finding it in my store and The Body Shop's peach line has had me addicted for ages. What scents do you use?

>> No.7959613

>>7959604
I used to use the Japanese Cherry Blossom, but it's a bit musky now since they changed the scent I think. I mostly use one called Pink Chiffon. It's fruity and flowery while still having a clean scent. I used to love Be Enchanted but they discontinued it and you can only by the body mist online.

>> No.7959626

>>7959613
I thought I was the only one who smelled the formula change.. It seems like once they redid the bottle designs, the old formula went away. It feels like so many of their scents are hit or miss, seriously, what is with French Lavender & Honey..

>> No.7959631

>>7959626
No idea. I was really excited about that but to me it smells nothing like lavender or honey and it's definitely not very good.

I still have an old Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume hidden away in my bathroom somewhere. I only use it rarely now since it's like the last of it's kind.

I do agree with you about leveling up perfume though. I will admit much of my higher end stuff just has this really elegant scent to it that others are lacking, but I only really wear it for special occasions.

>> No.7959644
File: 22 KB, 334x316, smell like orphan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7959631
You're reminding me of these two, awfully sugary Hot Topic perfumes I have been hoarding since high school that I cannot bring myself to use. Alice in Wonderland and pic related.

>> No.7959661

>>7959644
Mentioning high school and perfume in the same sentence gives me horrible flashbacks to the middle school hallways where all you could smell was that awful cotton candy teenybopper garbage.

>> No.7959666

>>7959661
It was a mix of cotton candy, Bath and Body Works/Victoria's Secret body mists, and every AXE scent known to mankind whenever gym classes were letting out. Shit got so bad that when I was a sophomore they actually made it a school rule that fragrances (barring deodorant) weren't allowed anymore, because people were getting scent to the nurse with allergic reactions or migraines on both ends.

>> No.7959670
File: 857 KB, 376x269, 1377937266868.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7959666
And, yes, the "scent to the nurse" was tacky and intentional because I'm feeling like a silly bitch today.

>> No.7959699

>>7959666
Oh fuck, I remember that. Girls would literally spray their shitty VS stuff in the air around them, like breathing unscented oxygen was beneath them or whatever.

>> No.7959703
File: 167 KB, 400x231, tumblr_mo7x0sDiYP1ql4e6oo6_400.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7959699
Combined with being in a locker room with limited space, you got to smell about 500 different scents altogether with everyone's individual sweat and stink.

Considering my school needed to be closed and cleaned one year due to a MRCA outbreak and I had known of one girl who wore the same white shirt under her clothes with brown pit stains.. I'm convinced some people just weren't bathing.

>> No.7959712

>>7959703
*MRSA
I'm a retard.

>> No.7959823

any nice korean or japanese perfumes?

>> No.7960322
File: 506 KB, 1000x750, etude-house-princess-etoinette-collection-review[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've never bought from Etude House, but I've been considering purchasing a few things for their Black Friday sale.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been wanting a toner, concealer, whitening masks/bb cream, exfoliator, or maybe something for dark circles under eyes. I have somewhat sensitive skin that's pretty damn pale. Is their lightest shade very... light?
Other product suggestions are appreciated! Thanks gulls.

>> No.7960407

>>7960322
Hi, dear!
Etude House's Precious Minerals BB Cream is usually the most popular one, but their shades tend to be set for yellow or pink undertones. This would only be a problem if you actually have no undertones at all or neutral undertones. If that's the case, you could try their CC cream instead. There's Precious Minerals, Perfect Fit, Cotton Fit, Blooming Fit, Bright Fit. It's all a matter of looking up swatches to see which looks closest and knowing your undertones.

They have several toners; Wonder Pore is very popular. There's also AC Clinic, Be Clear, the Moistfull collection toners, the Skin Malgeum toners, Aqua Sherbert, I'm Blooming, and I think a few more. These all depend on your skin type and your issues.

For exfoliators, the Baking Powder BB Foam has mild exfoliation properties and is good for makeup removal. There's also the same product, but in little "exfoliation packs" which come in a box of I think like.. 30? It's on Amazon, too. There's a Magic Bubble exfoliate, but the former seems to be the most popular.

For whitening, there's actually one of their Moistfull lines dedicated to that. They also have their Pearl Aura lotion or the face conditioning cream. There's also a whitening sleeping pack which comes in a tube.

Their concealer is called 'Surprise'. There's a dark circle one and a lip one. 'Eyes Cream' and the Moistfull collagen eye cream are both supposedly really good for dark circles. They also have something called 'Good-Bye, Dark Circle!', which is another cream, and the 44 Dark Circle Concealer. The anti-aging 'Go Back' eye cream has also been said to reduce dark circles.

If your skin is sensitive, don't touch the AC line. In reality, you have a lot of options.

>> No.7960414

>>7960322
Also, since you're accepting suggestions;

Etude House's Flower Moistfull Cream is actually a very light moisturizer and it's good for if you don't want a heavy moisturizer. It's pretty ideal for summer, humid climates, and skin types that may be prone to over hydration.

There is also the Dear Girls Oil Control Pact, which is good for those needing sebum control. WannaBe Face is good as a highlighter or just a face powder for brightening your complexion. If you're interested, 'Goodbye Pore-Ever' is also pretty popular and so are the blushes. If you're after the princess line in your picture, I suggest taking advantage of it because it's pretty coveted by Etude fans.

>> No.7960454

>>7960322
Also also, Baby Sweet Sugar Powder if you are someone worried about pore size and shine. If not, it's nice as a powder for setting your makeup and it has a light SPF15 to it.

Hope this all helps, sorry for giving you a novel. ;_;

>> No.7960461

>>7937358
ZOMG Smells' site is set up in a way that would have better appealed to the lol!random middlie-school me, but if you can suffer the bouncy tween cheer of their website, they have some pretty quality scents. I like
>Oort (sensually musky and spicy, but doesn't stay at a strong scent level for more than a few hours),
>The Melancholy Death of Nikola Tesla (smells like violets and how English Romantic poetry makes you feel; it pairs well with other scents and can stay on for a full day -- I've slept with it before and it was still strong in the morning), and
>Lola's New Dress (bright, girly, and flirty)
I've also liked Heian-kyo and The Chieftain's Wife, though I misplaced my samples when I moved so I haven't worn them recently.

ZOMG Smells is still a small operation, so there's nothing fancy about their bottles (small black jars with screw-on caps and printed sticker labels). I think the ladies who run it personally sign every shipping manifest, though, which is a nice touch.

>>7959345
Going to do this now! It sounds like it'd be great for getting more in-character, and I can give my scents more mileage.

>> No.7960470

>>7960461
Yay! I didn't want it to seem stupid, but I remember when it was revealed what certain characters in 'One Piece' smelled like and it made me wonder what other characters (not just in anime, but anything) would smell like.

>> No.7960489
File: 32 KB, 400x400, 6CB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Minor updates made to the document.

>> No.7960491

>>7958745
Different anon, but my 'niche' scent is a perfume that was discontinued by the manufacturer about 20 years ago. I now spend about $100 - $150 an ounce buying old tester and half empty bottles of it on ebay.

>tfw the price only continues to go up as the existing bottles become harder to find.

>> No.7960516

>>7960491
What would people consider things like Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes and Chantilly by Dana? I like those, but I can only get them on Amazon.

>> No.7960546

>>7938139
the art is gorg

>> No.7962403

>>7960407
>>7960414
>>7960454
Don't be sorry at all, this is so much great information! I appreciate it a ton, screenshotted for future reference. Thank you for all the help and suggestions, you're absolutely awesome.

>> No.7963570
File: 6 KB, 300x300, 31ONABnwJuL._SY300_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hello! Its been a while but maybe some of you might remember me, I was the anon describing their experience with Make Up Forever HD foundation. Since it might be helpful I'll document my experience with other foundation samples.

In short, I did not like MUFEHD. Anyone that is interested in it should strongly consider getting samples. Despite its runny texture and lightweight feel it is stil silicone based and I never felt like it really melted into my skin properly, even after hours of wear. It looked freshly applied, always. It also looked matte on me. I thought it looked obvious that I was wearing foundation. I thought my skin was oily but apparently not. I might work better for me in the summer. Anyway I went back to Sephora and picked up 3 other samples:
>Urban Decay Naked Skin
>Smashbox Halo
>Make Up Forever Face and Bdy.

>> No.7963579
File: 33 KB, 400x400, urban-decay-naked-skin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7963570
I have tried Urban Decay Naked Skin first. It dries down demi-matte so as nice as this is I think I'll prefer this in the summer. I am always worried about a good skin finish but when I asked my sister if she preferred my current foundation (smashbox) over Naked Skin, which I had worn yesterday, she was surprised I'd been wearing makeup at all the days past. So it looks very natural. I thought it seemed to melt into my skin nicely and it developed well over the day without any drastic changes.

Personally I like the look of it a lot better without HD setting powder, it just looks too matte and powdery.

>> No.7963580

>>7963579
I'm currently testing Smashbox Halo so I'll report back when I have a more thorough opinion

>> No.7963603

>>7936844
Ooh I've been interested in Alkemia. What else did you get?

>>7937248
Ugh that reminds me . . . the last time I wen to Sephora to try their samples most all of them smelled like baby kitty piss on my arms. It was awful. Same with L'occitane. I think I just can't wear vanilla or white flowers like Jasmine and Gardenia, but I'm not really sure what notes are turning so sour on me. I feel confident that its a note overwhelmingly used in female fragrance because every male/unisex scent I had tried smelled fine if not overly masculine on me.