[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 422 KB, 1080x1920, anna-frozen-cartoon-mobile-wallpaper-1080x1920-2857-427488982.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7933049 No.7933049 [Reply] [Original]

Extreme con harassment stories. Mine...
>At SDCC with best friend, boyfriend, and his seven year old daughter
>Best friend is Belle, I'm Ariel, boyfriend's daughter is Anna
>Two girls run up all excited with their cameras out, freaking out about how cute we all are
>One of them grabs the little girl without asking and picks her up, rocking her back and forth really fast
>She starts begging to be put down, boyfriend yells at girl to let her go and asks wtf is wrong with her
>She won't put her down and tells him to lighten up, she only wants a picture
>She tells girl to stop crying because she's too cute, tells her friend to take picture
>Friend takes pic, but the girl still doesn't put her down and is going o about how cute she is and jokes about kidnapping her
>Child starts crying at this point, girl puts her down and tells boyfriend that she would have been fine if he hadn't yelled
>Boyfriend freaks out at girl, telling her to stay the fuck away from his daughter or he'll get security
>Girl tells him to go fuck himself and storms away with her friend
>Boyfriend's daughter so terrified that we have to take her back to the hotel for the next hour to calm down
>When she finally wants to go back, she won't let him put her down for hours

>> No.7933085

Poor kid, hopefully this hasn't put her off going to conventions in future and she continues to have great fun dressing up. People like that are disgusting. They wouldn't dare do that outside of a con, especially to a child who's parent/parents are literally standing right there.

>> No.7933094

>>7933085
This. A lot of people equate cons with an IRL version of their lolrandum forums or timblr and forget all common courtesy or common sense.

>> No.7933108

A guy dressed as Quagmire grab my friend's tit using the excuse of "being in character". That reasoning didn't fly with security, however, and he ended up being kicked out.

>> No.7933168
File: 782 KB, 500x270, anigif_enhanced-buzz-16162-1355860617-2_zps942ec463.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>BAAAAAHHHH SOME GIRLS LIKE MY COSTUME!!! HOW SCARY!!! DADDY SAVE ME!!!
kid's an over sensitive brat. those girls didn't do anything wrong by con standards. don't want strangers getting excited about your kid's costume? don't dress them up and take them to a con in the first place.
>>7933085
>>7933094
cons aren't the real world, though. it's a different world with a different set of rules. at cons, it's completely acceptable to run up to fellow attendees and hug them, even if you don't know them. it's part of the culture and what makes cons so welcoming. people like you guys who twist a girl's innocent enthusiasm into "harrassment" are the problem here.

>> No.7933169

>>7933168
dat reading comprehension
OP met some disnweebs which literally picked up and shook a child until she cried, while squealing that they wanted to kidnap her. If that's how you think is ok to behave around children don't go outside anymore.

>> No.7933180
File: 88 KB, 550x760, sp11052014.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The entitlement some people feel towards children's bodies is so ridiculous. Children are people too and have bodily autonomy.

>> No.7933194

>>7933049
>boyfriend yells
>threatens
>swearing
Not that I think what the lady did was right, since generally you don't pick up other peoples' kids without permission, but why did the boyfriend escalate the situation and yell in front of the child? Doesn't he know that yelling/threatening for con security only further panics the kid and makes her think the situation is more serious than it actually is?

It's too late now, but the child should have been calmed down at the scene and explained that what happened to her is inappropriate behavior, but ultimately not a threat.

All this taught the kid was that the only way to handle this situation is to cry, react with anger, and leave the scene. Overreaction on both sides.

>> No.7933197
File: 41 KB, 431x600, 431px-Firend.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7933168
I have really bad social anxiety and I've been trying to work up the courage to go to my first convention for a while, but I don't know if I want to anymore if this it true.

>> No.7933203
File: 195 KB, 1146x1148, b8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7933168
>at cons, it's completely acceptable to run up to fellow attendees and hug them, even if you don't know them. it's part of the culture and what makes cons so welcoming.

Go back to 2004 with your "free glomps" sign.

>> No.7933220

>>7933168
I'm sure "it's a different world with a different set of rules!" would hold up marvelously in court. You are aware that what the girl in OP's story did was a crime, right? She seized a child she had no connection to and held her despite the protests of both her and her father. That's actually quite illegal and if the father wanted to, he could have pressed charges against her. The fact she made jokes about kidnapping her and took a picture against the will of her guardian would also not help her case.

>> No.7933221

>>7933194
This.

Also this didn't happen to me but it happened to a friend:
>many years ago
>friend is ~18 and is going to her first con alone
>con itself is small and basically attracts people from the local region
>lots of people know each other
>dressed as a character from Tenshi Muyo
>easily recognizable character (I think it was Ryoko?)
>some girl she knew from high school was attending
>apparently the girl still kept a huge grudge on her from high school over some tiff
>during the con the girl thought my friend "looked at her wrong"
>proceeded to chew her out in front of everyone about shit they fought over in high school
>friend went into a state of shock and didn't even say anything back
>just walked away with the girl trailing behind her still yelling
>didn't think to go to con security
>she told me she just wanted to get away and didn't think to ask for help
>girl eventually went away to go brag to her friends about how she totes "bitched out" my friend
>apparently the girl stalked her throughout the con
>made retching noises if they crossed paths
>at some point the girl started to take photos of her
>laughing and snickering with her group of pals like it was an accomplishment
>yelling out names and cussing to her
>made her so uncomfortable she left early
>friend called me later after the con and vented everything

It's one of the few times when I wanted to legitimately kick someone's ass. I don't get why people have to go that far.

>> No.7933227

>>7933194
If the daughter is begging to be put down and the person isn't complying, then the stupid bitch needs to be yelled at. If she won't listen to words, escalate. How do you know the kid wasn't actually in danger from this psycho who makes little kids cry and tells them to stop crying without caring about their feelings at all?

>> No.7933230

>>7933220
>would hold up marvelously in court
Well speaking of what could "hold up" in court, what kind of remedy would the parents seek because some bimbo at a costume convention was inconsiderate about wanting a picture with a kid that was not hers?
>"I don't like the way this girl hugged my child and wouldn't let go until minutes later after the picture, I would like $5000 in lieu for the box of tissues I had to buy to dry my daughter's tears, thank you very much."

Not defending the girl in the least, since it's still wrong, but please don't clog the judiciary system with frivolous lawsuits. All that had to happen was con security being notified about that girl's behavior. This is a non-issue between two very oversensitive parties.

>> No.7933238

>>7933227
>then the stupid bitch needs to be yelled at
But it didn't happen that way.
To quote OP, the father immediately yelled and asked "wtf," escalating the situation and panicking the child immediately.
>How do you know the kid wasn't actually in danger from this psycho who makes little kids cry and tells them to stop crying without caring about their feelings at all?
Because you're in a public place, surrounded by multiple eye-witnesses, and while these girls seem dumb, I doubt they would commit an actual crime (such as injuring or kidnapping a child) in a place where they could easily be apprehended.

I don't think you'll solve the personal space issue by yelling at people and painting them to be "criminal psychos." It's better to be firm and explain why their behavior is inappropriate.

>> No.7933242

>>7933230
But she didn't hug her, she picked her up, rocked her, and then refused to let her go while saying really uncomfortable things. I'm sure having a person grab you and say they want to kidnap you is terrifying.

>> No.7933245

>>7933194
I agree with you that there were better ways he could have handled the situation, but to be fair, a complete and total stranger just grabbed his child out of nowhere. Also, from the OP it sounds like he didn't start yelling until the girl refused to put her down even though his daughter wanted her to and was visibly scared. It's only natural for parents to have a strong reaction to seeing their child in distress, especially in a situation like that.

>It's too late now, but the child should have been calmed down at the scene and explained that what happened to her is inappropriate behavior, but ultimately not a threat. All this taught the kid was that the only way to handle this situation is to cry, react with anger, and leave the scene.
I think you're kind of downplaying what happened a little too much. Imagine being a small child in a large convention hall and having someone you've never met just grab you, shake you, and not let you go despite your begging and your father's demands, while talking about kidnapping you. It's true that no real harm came to the girl, but she didn't know that at the time. Staying at the con right after that most likely would have been to much for her, having her take a break was probably in her best interest. I fail to see how taking an hour to cool off is handling it poorly.

>> No.7933246

>>7933238
Man, am I falling for bait? Quoted from OP:
>One of them grabs the little girl without asking and picks her up, rocking her back and forth really fast
>She starts begging to be put down, boyfriend yells at girl to let her go and asks wtf is wrong with her

The sequence of events.

>> No.7933249

>>7933242
But was her intent to horrify and scare the child? My guess is no. Like other young girls who are inconsiderate about children, she thought there was nothing wrong with picking it up after showering it with a few compliments and getting a picture--all happening at what equates , by normalfag standards, to a giant costume party.

I can see how it's inappropriate, but I don't see how it's criminal. At all. I'm sorry not sorry.

>> No.7933250

>>7933238
As a parent myself, doubting that someone will do something in public isn't good enough if I don't know my kids are safe. Someone is scaring my children, not listening to their pleas and I'm just supposed to let them keep on doing it? If words were enough then why didn't they listen to the child? My children's mental health matters too, and they need to know I'll defend them if someone scares them or hurts them.

>> No.7933253

>>7933249
I wasn't the person saying it'd hold up in court, I just don't think it's fair to downplay someone's experience by reducing it like you did.

>> No.7933254

>>7933245
>I think you're kind of downplaying what happened a little too much.
And OP isn't overplaying what happened just a little?
>It's true that no real harm came to the girl, but she didn't know that at the time.
Point taken, but now she definitely has it cemented that real harm came to her when it didn't because the parents took that situation and sensationalized it. As a child I was picked up by strangers for photos on Halloween and other occasions when I was in costume, and I don't remember being scared (albeit annoyed) by it because it wasn't painted as psychotic behavior, just inappropriate and actually pretty embarrassing.

>> No.7933258

>>7933249

>showering "it" with a few compliments

children are people and dont deserve to be harassed, they aren't play things or dolls for your own amusement as many girls have been brought up thinking they are.

>> No.7933262

>>7933254
People shouldn't be allowed to do inappropriate things to children either. A child is a person too, and if you would make a fuss if a stranger picked you up then you should understand. Would you be okay in the child's place?

>> No.7933266

>>7933194
OP here. I probably should have been a little more detailed about this, but I was trying to keep it short. The whole thing was longer than my little greentext summary makes it seem. The girl wouldn't for the life of her listen when she was told to put his daughter down. First his daughter kept begging her to and the girl just laughed it off, she just kept rocking her and jumping up and down yelling about how cute she was. My boyfriend politely, but firmly, told her to put her down once and she wouldn't, so he lost it. As for calming her down when the girl left, we tried to, but she was too upset. She was honestly convinced that girl was going to come back and take her, no matter how much we tried to tell her otherwise. Keeping her at the convention would have been a terrible move.

>> No.7933267

>>7933262
Misphrased the end a little, would you be okay if you asked a person to let you down and they refused, not just the whole picking up thing since you covered that. The specific situation, not general.

>> No.7933274

>>7933258
>children are people and dont deserve to be harassed
>>7933262
>People shouldn't be allowed to do inappropriate things to children either

I'm not saying that. You both need to realize that my point is you're going to reach people and get the results you want by keeping a level head and composing yourself as adults in front of children.
Don't tell me there isn't a difference between
>WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU LET GO OF MY KID OR I'LL FUCKING GET CON SECURITY
and
>My child doesn't like being touched and I find your behavior inappropriate, let go or I will resort to reporting you to con security.

Sorry, I seem to struck a nerve here. I wasn't advocating for "I think people should do whatever the fuck they want to kids."

>> No.7933277

>>7933203
this is tragic because it has not ended in my local cons and all of them who are holding these signs are fat

>> No.7933279

>>7933266
>My boyfriend politely, but firmly, told her to put her down once and she wouldn't, so he lost it
That's a pretty important detail to leave out OP, dare I say, it seems like an additional thought in light of my posts criticizing you. But, if what you're saying is true then I retract my statements.

Now, back on topic.

>> No.7933288

>>7933049
>She tells girl to stop crying because she's too cute, tells her friend to take picture
>Friend takes pic, but the girl still doesn't put her down and is going o about how cute she is and jokes about kidnapping her
>Child starts crying at this point, girl puts her down and tells boyfriend that she would have been fine if he hadn't yelled

So first line the girl tells the child to stop crying.
Then two lines later the child starts to cry?
Maybe a small error but I just like to assume everyone on the internet is lying.

>> No.7933291

>>7933254
How is OP overplaying it? And honestly, when it comes to your child's safety, it's better to overplay than to downplay.
>As a child I was picked up by strangers for photos on Halloween and other occasions when I was in costume, and I don't remember being scared (albeit annoyed) by it because it wasn't painted as psychotic behavior, just inappropriate and actually pretty embarrassing.
Did you protest to any of these people holding you only for them to not listen? If not, it's not really a good comparison. Then again, even if it were, that doesn't matter, different people react to different scenarios differently. Just because having random strangers grab you didn't frighten you doesn't mean it's not valid for it to scare someone else.

>> No.7933297

>>7933291
>Did you protest to any of these people holding you only for them to not listen?
Probably yeah, but a stranger picking me up didn't make me want to cry. And my first memory of that was around 3-4 years old.
>people react to situations differently
I won't contest that, but the intent of harm and threat should be assessed because it will be a tool your own child uses in the situations they encounter. Reacting with crying and temper will do nothing for them and will teach them bad coping skills in social situations like that.

There's a difference between a stranger on the street picking up your kid, and an obviously overexcited girl who needs to be told about inappropriate behavior picking up a kid at a convention where stupid, socially stunted girls are abound.

>> No.7933298

>be on a con about a year ago
>have a cosplay that includes a gas mask
>some asshat comes up behind me and plugs my gasmask-filter. (It's on the back of my shoulder so i can't reach it myself)
>quickly loose breath
>throw my helmet to the ground
>rip my gasmask off
>loose my shit at the guy
>"There's no need to be mad duude"

Jesus some people.

>> No.7933299 [DELETED] 

All nitpicking aside can we at least agree that whatever is acceptable behavior in a grocery store should be unacceptable at a con and that >>7933168 should get manhandled at a con by a dirty fat teen weeaboo?

>> No.7933301

All nitpicking aside can we at least agree that whatever is unacceptable behavior in a grocery store should be unacceptable at a con and that >>7933168 should get manhandled at a con by a dirty fat teen weeaboo?

>> No.7933307

>>7933279
I didn't consider it important. The part I thought was important was that she didn't listen to his daughter. In my opinion, that's much worse.
>>7933288
She was using the word "crying" to describe her whining to be let go, not literal crying. She wasn't in tears at that point.

>> No.7933318

>>7933168
I actually agree with the first thing you said. It did seem a little dramatic for a seven-year-old.

>> No.7933324

>>7933250
>as a parent
groan

>> No.7933335

>>7933298
my jimmies are rustled

>> No.7933361

>>7933274
Youre telling me if youre at a con with your child surrounded by thousands of strangers and some rando just runs up and grabs them, you're not going to freak out?

That's like a parent's worst nightmare, it's understandable that they'd be flipping their shit

you don't just grab peoples' kids.

>> No.7933364

>be at con with fiance
>get separated for twenty minutes in massive dealers hall
>find him with one of my least favorite people of all time; this extremely elitist somewhat well known cosplayer i used to be friends with before a horrible falling out, who still hates me enough to leave me anon hate on tumblr every now and then... even though we hadn't spoken in multiple years
>she's dressed as maou from maoyuu maou yuusha and very obviously flirting with him
>she keeps playing with her hair, flipping it around to expose her neck to him while popping out her massive chest, which it's worth noting is 34DDD
>i go over and she gives me this look that clearly says "what the fuck do you think you're doing approaching me?"
>don't say a word, just lean on fiance's shoulder and hold his hand
>she gives me the most hateful, murderous look anyone has ever given me "you two are together?"
>i cheerfully reply "we're getting married"
>she can't even keep her tone civil "okay, well, i have to go, bye"
>apparently, he liked her costume and approached her and they talked for ten minutes
>a few hours later, we run into her again, this time, she completely ignores me and starts talking to him like they're best friends
>he's very sweet to her and this just makes her get more and more flirtatious in front of me
>she asks him if he wants to check out the aa with her, he turns to me looking for the answer
>i say to go ahead and meet me in half an hour, not sure why in retrospect
>forty minutes go by, no word even after two calls and and a text message to him
>go to aa to find him, they're looking at art together
>approach him, she gives me the dirtiest of looks again
>ask him how much longer he thinks they'll be
>whatever bitch filter she had bursts and she goes on a tangent along the lines of "you know, maybe you should stop being so controlling and let him have some fun with someone other than you. i can't believe you tracked him down to interrupt us again."
(1/?)

>> No.7933370

>>7933364
>woman drama
lawdy dis sho' gon be gud

>> No.7933380

>>7933364
oh lord I can't read this without wanting to punch something tell me you slapped that bitch

>> No.7933384

>>7933364
>people who don't type this shit up all at once

I will find you and spill coffee on your burando

>> No.7933390

>>7933384
anon plz

>> No.7933392

>>7933364
lord jaysus mary, joseph and all the apostles, I'd be livid

>> No.7933398

>>7933364
(2/2)
>he's like "um... i don't even know you, i just liked your maou costume, why are you freaking out on my girlfriend?"
>i tell him who she is, i had mentioned the story about her to him quite a while before he met her, but he didn't know what she looked like
>he decided to leave
>she flipped shit right there in the aa, everyone was staring
>i was so taken aback i just too his hand and left, i don't even remember exactly what she was saying, just that she was screaming
>go rest of day without seeing her
>next day, we see her in the dealer's room again, this time dressed as a Jojo's character
>we try our best to avoid her, we don't even look at her
>this fails, she goes up to him and gives him a piece of paper "here's my phone number for when you realize you can do better than this stupid bitch"
>i ask her what her problem is, she says me and walks away
>ask one of her friends later what the hell is going on, she tells me she is now obsessed with my fiance
>see her a few times at con, but aren't approached by her again
>get back home
>fiance has friend request from her, he denies it
>he gets another one along with a message that he doesn't read and deletes
>he gets another message, this time he reads it and it's this crazy as fuck shit
>she warns him that she's very yandere and if he doesn't want something bad to happen to me he should reconsider his stance on her
>she literally uses the word yandere to describe herself at least 15 times
>she says if he doesn't talk to her within the next three days, she's going to do something awful to me
>he calls her to tell her she needed to leave him alone
>she laughs and says all sorts of stupid shit like "if you think i'm crazy now, i can't wait to show you real crazy"
>tells him she's going to kill me if he doesn't leave me for her
>he tells her he's going to call the police if she ever contacts me or him again
>the next week there's a box with a dead rat inside it
>never hear from her again

>> No.7933408

>>7933364
>>7933398
I hope you're not still with that guy. Anyone who would flirt with some chick at a con /twice/ and leave with her without you at your obvious discomfort is a shitty boyfriend that's going to become a shitty husband.

>> No.7933409

>>7933398
Now, I know everyone's going to not believe this happened, but I swear to whatever higher being there is that this bitch left my fiance a box with a dead rat in it.

>> No.7933410
File: 175 KB, 500x274, tumblr_my1whbRuTA1rfzbt1o1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7933398
What did she expect to happen?
"Your crazy is so adorable I'm going to leave my partner for life for you batshit stranger <3" I've seriously never understood people that believes their crazy is an endearing personality trait

>> No.7933428

>>7933410
bcuz animu

>> No.7933439

>>7933408
It's not entirely his fault, I had urged him beforehand to make friends with people and he's not used to women hitting on him, so he didn't even realize what was going on at first. If you saw them together before I interrupted the first time, it was very obvious he was oblivious to the fact she was clearly coming on to him. The second time, I didn't want to appear jealous, so I mistakenly okayed it, not realizing how fast it would escalate.

>> No.7933447

>>7933410
Because people are under the incredibly misguided impression that yandere is just as moe in real life

>> No.7933457

>>7933324
I know, right? Few things are more tiresome than legitimate parental concerns.

>> No.7933478

>>7933361
It's easy for a lot of people without kids to dismiss something like a stranger grabbing them at a con as no big deal. I don't have kids, but if I did and was in OP's boyfriends shoes, I would have freaked out much worse.

If someone wants to parent their kid not freak out at strangers grabbing them, they can go right ahead, but they can't be surprised when some child molester is able to walk off with them because the kid was taught not to "overreact" to people they don't know handling them.

>> No.7933480

So some of you anons really think

>u-um excuse me could you please stop. Please put my child down. Yes I know she is very "kawaii". Please stop shaking her...i-if that's okay.."

Is going to work on socially retarded and potentially dangerous people who are touching your child? If yelling teaches the child to throw a fit when some stranger touches her, all the better. That could save her life someday.

>> No.7933495

>>7933480
This.

Also, I highly doubt that anyone would think Anon's boyfriend was overreacting if the person manhandling his daughter was a man.

>> No.7933498

>>7933457
I'm sorry but no one likes seeing your kids at conventions. It's a place to escape them.

>> No.7933499

>>7933361
especially at a place like comic con, where the sheer volume of people is completely off the charts, and it's so easy for someone to literally swoop in and nab your kid. the year before last i had to help like two wandering stressed out kids find their parents. the first kid i managed to get to security, but the second kid i was able to help her find her parents, and the mom was an absolute wreck when we found her again.
i'm not a parent myself, but i'd rather take my kids to a place like wondercon or comikaze until they're old enough to work a cell phone and some good sense.

>> No.7933514

>>7933398
I've been in that safe situation only without the stalking and dead things. My boyfriend met this girl I have a terrible history with at Anime Boston and she fell for him pretty much instantly. When she found out I was with him, she became absolutely obsessed. She even tried hooking up with him. Like you, I acted like I was okay with them spending time together since it's so easy to get labeled as possessive or controlling. He was very uncomfortable with her advances, but he felt sorry for her since she had suffered from severe anorexia and didn't have a lot of close friends, so he dealt with it until she just kept crossing too many lines. She also talked shit about me to him all the time even though he asked her not to. Some people just have no shame.

>> No.7933517

>>7933514
*same not safe

>> No.7933519

>>7933495
And who the hell cares what the people around you think when you're child is in a potentially dangerous situation? All good self-defense starts with drawing attention to yourself. I hope all you seagulls understand that. If someone is threatening you at a con, don't go

>gosh I want help but it would be so embarrassing to draw attention to myself and make people think I'm weird

>> No.7933534

>>7933498
I don't have kids. Also, since most cons clearly state that they're family events and you can expect to see lots of kids there, it's pretty retarded to see them as "a place to escape them".

>> No.7933555 [DELETED] 

>>7933514
Man, people will label you literally everything.
>you're normal throughout the relationship but break up because he was cheating on you, "lol she was totally crazy, maaan!"
>if you feel uncomfortable with a girl obviously coming onto your boyfriend and say it in a calm way, "omg ur so possessive cant he have female friends? xD"
>if you're mean to someone in any way and it's justified, "lmao what a cunt"
I got called an ugly whore for not wanting to be groped. It wasn't even anything revealing.
You just can't go through life avoiding those comments, better a possessive bitch than a doormat.

>> No.7933559

>>7933499
Yeah I see lots of people with small children at DragonCon, especially the parade. It's a HUGE crowd, I'd be so scared to bring my kids there.

I don't think I'd bring my kids to a large convention until they were able to use a cell phone in case of emergency. (And really, even a cell phone is unreliable sometimes at a convention.)

By no means should strangers ever pick up a child without permission. I wouldn't think to even touch somebody else's kid, aside from if they were in immediate danger.

>> No.7933579

> dressed as a character that wears a maid uniform (it's kind of short but the petti made it really poofed)
> hanging around outside because it's hot and the outfit is a bit tight because I messed up on the sizing (I'm dumb)
> two guys start talking to me: one is a typical neckbeard with a camera and the other is this skinny guy with a MLP shirt
> start talking about my character and I get a little into it because I really, really love the character
> get called cute and other compliments, and eventually I get asked for a photo
> the skinny guy goes beside me and the photographer gets ready for the photo
> "1... 2 ... 3..."
> the skinny guy grabs my ass from behind me an he snaps the photo
> I was totally shocked by this and elbowed the guy in the chest and he falls down really hard, making everyone else around us stare
> (I don't want to sound arrogant but I used to be a kickboxer so the reaction was natural when someone grabbed me like that)
> I was unsure what to say and just kind of left without saying anything

I had a few seconds of thinking if it was my fault and I should apologise but then I realised, no, he was a jerk for grabbing me without even saying anything.

>> No.7933584 [DELETED] 

>>7933555
>mean to someone
>justified
or you could drop the Mean Girls act and behave like an adult

only one that believes your petty shit is you, just gonna rip that band aid off right now

>> No.7933590

>Anime Expo 2013
>Little sister is Homura
>Guy who appears in his mid 30's asks her for a picture
>She says yes and gets into pose
>He asks if she could do a different pose
>She asks what
>He goes over and starts moving her into a very provocative pose
>I inform him she's only 12
>He says "Sexy poses aren't illegal as long as her clothes are still on"
>Tell him he's a perv and try to get sister away from him
>He grabs her wrist and says he still needs his picture
>Staff member sees the commotion and escorts him away from us after we tell him what happened
>Don't see him rest of con, assume he was kicked out

I found this guy's blog later and he's very vocal on his love of lolicon and how there's nothing wrong with fucking preteen girls as long as it's "consensual".

>> No.7933599 [DELETED] 

>>7933584
>claiming there's never a justification to be mean to someone
>while being mean to someone
Can't tell if bait.

>> No.7933650 [DELETED] 

>>7933555
It's so beyond hilarious to me when guys come onto girls and then accuse them of being unattractive and/or sluts when they deny their advances. It's one of the ultimate signs of being full retard.

Also, in my experience, every girl that's accused me of being possessive has been after my boyfriend's dick. My boyfriend's best friend was straight up evil to me for zero reason to the point where she couldn't even be in my presence without saying something extremely bitchy, then when called out for it, she accused him of only being on my side because he was afraid of me. Apparently, she has this idea in her head that I'm some possessive succubus from Hell that's going to destroy him, despite not knowing me or anything about or relationship at all. She was obviously secretly in love with him. They were best friends since birth and she went on about how they had spent so much time naked with each other within five minutes of meeting me. Plus, she writes songs for him, doesn't trust any male other than him, and the day he friend dumped her, she came back to his parent's house after having been a massive bitch to me that day and took the opportunity while I was off of the couch to sit next to him and lean on his shoulder with an arm around his waist.

>> No.7933655

>>7933579
Dude! If more of us around here did this instead of being "too nice," these threads would be a lot different. Good on you!

>> No.7933662 [DELETED] 
File: 34 KB, 308x450, 1410470547948.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7933584
oh the ironing

>> No.7933672 [DELETED] 

>>7933650
>your boyfriend not shutting her down and letting two ladies cat fight each other over him
Don't know who I resent worse, the bitch or your boy.

>> No.7933674 [DELETED] 

>>7933650
...mate, that's red alert right there. I can't believe he is so oblivious to it, it is his fault as well. No man is that daft.

>> No.7933700

>>7933480
This.

A strategic temper tantrum actually helped me a lot one time. When you don't have a phone and are in a potentially dangerous situation, a little screaming and yelling can help a lot

>> No.7933724 [DELETED] 

>>7933672
He actually was going to cut her off the first time it happened because she was so ridiculously out of line, but his parents are really close to her and begged him not to since after the fact she said she would apologize. I also urged him to continue their friendship because I didn't want his parents to feel like I came between him and his lifelong best friend. When the time came for her to apologize, she instead took the opportunity to make fun of me more and accuse me of being too sensitive. He told her he didn't want to hang out with her after that, but she for some reason didn't compute it and came to the house uninvited and bitched at me when she saw me. Then she came back a little later and proceeded to be all over him and he just flat out told her she was a crazy bitch that he wanted nothing more to do with. My time with her was short (I think I met her maybe 4 or 5 times) but she was just such a cunt in those few times that it trumped every awful experience I've had with another female put together, even the ones who made my life hell in high school.

>> No.7933744

Now, I am not a parent, but I AM a professional clown. I know about interacting with children.

Anyone who thinks the guy in OP's story was overreacting should really check their priorities.

If I had a kid, and some random fuck, man or woman just grabbed them and swung them around like Michael Jackson's baby, they would be in an ambulance, and I would be getting blood off my shirt.

>> No.7935513

>>7933049
Not my story but my friend's. Baby related.
>friend is at a con back in the day (90s I believe?)
>smallish relatively calm con thats mostly dealers
>she brings her toddler because a, cant find a sitter and b, since theres no panels or anything she can just dip out if the kid gets antsy
>toddler is in stroller and happily gumming away at one of those teething biscuits or some such thing
>friend is looking at a display but obviously holding onto and pushing the stroller
>some woman runs over
>yanks biscuit out of kid's hand
>sticks her fucking finger in the kid's mouth and scoops out all the mashed biscuit goo
>friend understandably asks this lady what the hell she's doing
>"YOUR BABY IS TOO YOUNG FOR COOKIES WHY WOULD YOU GIVE HER THAT SHE WAS GOING TO CHOKE"
>friend bitches her out but keeps moving after checking the kid over and giving kid a new biscuit
>gets accosted by security later because crazy bitch apparently reported her for child endangerment
Luckily they were a little smarter and could figure out that a 2 year old is probably capable of eating a soggy ass cookie.

>> No.7935568

>>7935513
What
the
fuck

>> No.7935582

>>7935513
fuuuuuck, I would've slapped a bitch. It astounds me when complete strangers think they are better parents when they've only seen you and the kid for less than a minute.

>> No.7935755

>Be at con in relatively skimpy cosplay
>Not super revealing but several large "battle damage" holes
>Bought it for cheap because previous owner had no idea what the fuck they were doing and basically chopped away at it with safety scissors
>Ended up with the top of one breast, an elbow and part of one side exposed
>Have sketchy old man come up to me and ask for a picture
>Not sure if Latino, Chinese or some other kind of Asian but sure as fuck he didn't speak English
>Asked for a photo by grabbing my wrist, raising his camera, and going "Yes? Yes?"
>Pose
>Picture is done, turn to walk away
>Feel hand INSIDE the hole at my side
>What the fuck
>The old man is grabbing my shirt, smiling and still going "Yes? Yes?"
>Try to get him off me and ask him what on earth he thinks he's doing
>Fucker has a grip like steel
>He lets go, I try to back away but crowded con floor is bloking my way
>Now his hand is inside my boob hole??
>Guy is still smiling at me and going "Yes?" like nothing's wrong
>Shove him off this time and get the hell out of there

Never saw him again... I don't understand con people sometimes

>> No.7935768

>>7935513
>bringing babies to cons
>stroller in dealer room
I don't feel sorry for her, at all. I hope more overly concerned weebs criticize her parenting, sounds like she deserves it.

>> No.7935778

>>7933168
This reminds as to how dad's were cutting lines in AX for their daughters and they'd berate the staff that tried to do something about it.

>> No.7935781
File: 237 KB, 1600x1071, DSC_0591.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7935768

>> No.7935786

>>7935755
>speaks to him in a language he obviously doesn't understand
>doesn't punch him in the face
>doesn't make sure people saw he's a molester
>doesn't report it

ok

>> No.7935788

>>7935778
I think these are two entirely different issues
a) is where attendees are being insensitive with aspergers around extremely young children.

b) is where parents are trying to use their children for profit.

>> No.7935790

>>7935781
Don't bring babies to cons. No babysitter? Check priorities.

>> No.7935795

>>7935790
Agreed. For fuck sakes, people.

>> No.7935800
File: 84 KB, 900x900, photo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7935768
>>7935795
>>7935790

>> No.7935810
File: 14 KB, 200x200, Trolls+aren+t+the+problem+it+s+the+idiots+who+pay+them+_247f0c04007702b506c82d32a6386e93.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7935790
There are a lot of cons out there with tracks featured toward families with young children. Don't be a dick and decide what a particular con should be aimed at entertaining to if it is advertised as a family friendly con.
Not everyone is going to be glomping strangers and double fisting beers all the time in your fantasy con world.

Entitled much?

>> No.7935826

>>7935790
>>7935795
>>7935768

This is like saying we shouldn't bring handicapped people to cons and women deserve to be molested because they were asking for it.

>> No.7935840

>>7935810
>babies=/=young children without strollers who have minimal control over their motor functions and audible noise and whom might actually be interested in the environment that they're dragged along into for hours
>>7935826
No, no it's not.
Toothless white trash parent detected. Cons are for teens and adults, and disciplined children at best.

>> No.7935844

>>7935781
I am saving this just for the face of the girl on the right, because that is basically me at any given moment.

>> No.7935845

>>7933230
Its more about getting her charged with assault. Picking someone up and moving them, especially against their will and on a small child will basically land you with an assault charge no matter what the court.

>> No.7935849

>>7935840
calm down nigga, you're starting to sound like Hitler here

>> No.7935851

>>7933298
not exactly the same but...
>be small asian teen
>some dumbass decides to cover my face and gets be in a headlock
>losing air, can't throw him off so just bite his arm
>apparently this is a sanitary risk so i get thrown out of the con for biting an innocent person.

I mean sure now days I'd probably handle it better since I know how to properly defend myself, but still..

>> No.7935852
File: 21 KB, 274x409, 1413414940157.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7935849
>Lyk Literally Hitler

>> No.7935854

>>7935845
>assault
Look honey, an armchair internet lawyer who doesn't know what constitutes assault.

>> No.7935856

>>7935852
you're talking about segregating cons and not allowing disabled people who want to be in it. I said it because what I said had merits.

>> No.7935859

>>7935856
>more than two people couldn't possibly think you're a faggot
Thank you for putting on a trip, now I know what idiot to filter from now on.

>> No.7935862

>>7935840
Not that anon but you haven't been to any cons lately have you?

>> No.7935865

>>7935862
He wants cons to be sekrit clubs apparently

>> No.7935866

>>7935862
I have.
What does that have to do with me thinking babies in strollers don't belong at cons?
>Babies don't belong at cons for reasons, parents who do this are irresponsible.
>"WOAH that's like discriminating against handicapped people or women who get sexually harassed, you're like Hitler or some shit :o

>> No.7935869

>>7935866
you spelled "me" wrong anon fix that

>> No.7935872

>>7935869
I don't follow.

>> No.7935875

>>7935865
no babies allowed =/= sekrit club
I understand children, I understand bringing a kid along, I understand dressing it up or wanting it to see the Disney or Marvel characters, but a baby?
If you can't get a sitter you don't go to an autism convention, you stay at home.
Then again
>boyfriend
>HIS daughter
Wouldn't expect more of white trash who can't into family planning

>> No.7935879

>>7935875
>mfw I enjoy cons with children because they idolize you when you're cosplaying as their hero

>> No.7935884
File: 86 KB, 680x989, 1413028243458.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7933246
Yes you are.

>> No.7935886

>>7935866
>Babies don't belong at cons for reasons, parents who do this are irresponsible.

Where does it say that babies don't belong at cons? Most cons are family affairs and the last few cons I went to allowed babies.

Instead of blaming the autistic people at the convention we blame the victim or victims.

Let's also ban anyone under 18 then and skimpy cosplays.

>> No.7935887

>>7935875
Almost as bad as people who drag infants to Disney World
>We sat for seven hours in a car in July, stood in a line for half an hour to go on some shitty ride
>The child started to cry and wail but we didn't want to lose our place in line so we continued ruining it for everyone else
>The child won't even remember it, but it's okay because mommy had fun and we took pictures! ^^

>> No.7935890

>>7935886
>Let's also ban anyone under 18 then
You're like the people who go "gay marriage? What's next, BESTIALITY?!"
Even though they're family affairs there's literally zero reason for bringing a baby other than being a selfish asshole. Children can at least enjoy themselves.

>> No.7935893

>>7935886
Tell me anon, when was the last time a baby decided "Gee, I feel like going to a convention today. Mother bring me there so I may bless everyone with my presence."

>> No.7935894

>>7935875
it's bad, but it's their choice, I see that happen all the time but I just ignore it ans walk away.

Their bad parents, shitty even, but they've got every right to go if they want to.

>> No.7935895

>>7935890
>Children can at least enjoy themselves
>OP has a child
>Child not enjoying themselves

Run that by me again? This thread proves that anyone under 18 shouldn't be at cons.

>> No.7935901

>>7935895
BRINGING A BABY
following so far?
IS NOT THE SAME AS BRINGING A 3-4YO AND UP CHILD
mindblowing, I know

>> No.7935903
File: 24 KB, 500x281, tumblr_inline_nahy6yorcc1s7kcmj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>107 replies and 11 images omitted. Click here to view.

>> No.7935917

>>7935890
>>7935893
>>7935901

Never said that you should bring a baby.

>Where does it say that babies don't belong at cons? Most cons are family affairs and the last few cons I went to allowed babies.

Instead of blaming the autistic people at the convention we blame the victim or victims.

Let's also ban anyone under 18 then and skimpy cosplays.

Instead of blaming the autistic weebs we blame the autistic parents who bring the kids to the cons in the first place. Like "GEE WIZ that person is under 18 and they can't control themselves but the parent can!?"

I'm not a parent but I've seen better behaved babies than autistic teenager weebs so yeah ban anyone under 18.

>> No.7935918
File: 57 KB, 536x609, 1413457572934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7935903
me too anon, me too.

>> No.7935928

>>7933221
This isn't really a con harassment story. That girl would have been a bitch no matter the setting, it was just a coincidence it happened there.

>> No.7935937

>>7933168
you're probably one of the people that goes around groping and touching others without permission

>> No.7935950

>>7933480
how hard is it to understand that you should not touch other people and their children jesus christ.

>> No.7935963

>>7935890
There's zero reason to do anything with babies, after all, they're just going to forget it all, let's just lock them in a cage and wait until they're five. Only THEN can we safely say they'll appreciate human interaction and bright colours.

>> No.7935964

>>7935755
I wouldve gripped his hand so it stays in there and done a blood curdling scream so everyone could see what the fuck he's doing.

>> No.7935973

>>7935963
>lock them in a cage
I have a better idea! Let's bring a baby to a convention filled with underage autistics and socially retarded neckbeards because we're bleeding spackers and then complain on a Moroccan basket weaving forum when someone acted socially inept!

>> No.7935988

>>7935854
Assault:
>At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

Pretty much any unwanted contact can be assault if you got a good lawyer, but anon is right that touching someone's child will basically bring the hammer down.

>> No.7936007

>>7935890
I also love the ones that can't afford a babysitter yet are paying to go to this convention/buying merch etc.

>> No.7936078

>>7933744
anon be careful you dont cut yourself with that edge

even if you are defending yourself or someone else there is this concept in law called grievous bodily harm and you will be charged for it if you hurt someone too much

>> No.7936108

>>7935854
>being this naive to how retardedly extreme the American judicial system can be
Dude, I've read about people being charged with assault for grabbing kids they didn't know to stop them from walking in front of oncoming cars because they didn't look both ways before crossing. If that can be twisted into assault, then OP's story sure as fuck can.

>> No.7936119

>>7935875
>2014
>still judging people for not being with their baby mommy/daddy
>still judging people for having unplanned children (when you don't even know if they were planned or not)
Also
>discussing >>7935513
>insulting OP and bf as if the post was about them

Am I just taking the bait or are you really this retarded?

>> No.7936134

>>7935895
>one story of a single bad encounter child has
>CLEARLY KIDS NEVER HAVE FUN AT CONS AND SHOULDN'T EVER GO TO THEM

OP never said anywhere that that ruined the con for the kid, she even said they went back later. I've had plenty of terrible moments at cons, but they never kept me from enjoying the con as a whole.

>> No.7936141

Here's mine
>dress as Zelda a con and go with boyfriend
>An hour into con, I am enjoying myself and everyone is polite about asking for pictures
>A wild Link appears!
>I'm still not sure how he managed this but Link scoops me up, creates a scene about saving me and runs off with me in his arms
>I ask to be put down
>Link states "Oh you will be, when I'm ready too
>Start struggling and getting pissed, demanding to be put down
>Boyfriend is running after us, shouting at the guy to let me go
>Con helpers come the rescue and physically stop the guy, escorting him off the premises

MFW Princess Zelda was rescued by Master Chief, Chozo, Samus and Metroid.

>> No.7936195

>>7936119
not that anon but I still judge people for being single parents. Hate me but it just shows poor judgment and the inability to wait until you're sure they aren't going to leave.

>> No.7936196

>>7936195
that's going to hurt a few widows

>> No.7936215

>>7936195
Not everyone has the choice though. Sometimes people just....die?

My dad died when I was about 2 months old.

>> No.7936231

>>7933318
Picking up and rocking a seven year old and treating them like a baby is pretty weird. I'm a teacher and I work with a lot of seven year olds, and if some random person they didn't know did that to them, I'm pretty sure they would freak the fuck out.

>> No.7936237

>>7936195
>still judge people for being single parents.

So what about the mother/father that dies then or the mother/father that random vanishes one day?

>> No.7936248

>>7936215
My paternal grandfather died on my father's 6th birthday because of a work accident and my maternal grandfather committed suicide because of a brain tumor when my mom was 17. Paternal grandmother stayed single for the rest of her life, maternal grandmother remarried. Shit happens and assuming you know what's going on in another person's life and judging them when you don't even know is asinine.

>> No.7936256

>>7933266
>she just kept rocking her and jumping up and down yelling about how cute she was
Sounds like a lolrandum retardbl blogger IRL. Your boyfriend had some nerves, I would have probably kicked the shit out of that idiot.

>> No.7936257

>>7936248
Not anon >>7936215 but I think you meant >>7936195

>> No.7936261

>>7936078
>defending your child from a creep
>the most important person for you
>edgy

>> No.7936267

>>7936141
>MFW Princess Zelda was rescued by Master Chief, Chozo, Samus and Metroid.
Dear God.

>> No.7936285

>>7936196
>>7936215
>>7936237
>>7936248
Anons plz I meant I judge them for being a parent left by the baby daddy/mommy. I live somewhere where you either move away or you have a bunch of unplanned kids with people you went to high school with. I know what it's like.

And just going out on a limb here but I'd say a very large majority of single people with babies at an anime convention were dumped and not windowed. Especially the "proud single moms".

>> No.7936296

>>7936285
>I judge them for being a parent left by the baby daddy/mommy.

Honestly how do you know that person at the con isn't a widow? Or they couldn't get an abortion due to whatever and then the baby daddy left them? Are you a mother yourself to make such a bias judgement?

And no I'm not a mother.

>> No.7936314

>>7936296
A young woman at an ANIME CONVENTION, a place full of disease and loud noises, with a baby.

Come on. Bringing a baby to a convention shows poor judgment and therefore makes the possibility that she was dumped more likely. It's not like I stinkeye every single mom I see but girl you know when you see a 20-something with a baby in one arm and tons of animu merch in the other you think the same thing.

>> No.7936322

>>7936314
Yeah, honestly, even if only for the illness part, I wouldn't take my kid to a con until they're a little older.

I mean, I get sick at almost every con I go to, and I was raised by my dutchy grandmother whose philosophy was "let her put it in her mouth, she'll be stronger when she's older." I wouldn't risk a baby, whose immune system is still developing, in an environment like that.

>> No.7936324

>>7935851
Gasmask man here.

Things like this where people don't think before they act makes ne loose faith in humanity.

>> No.7936338

>>7936314

there's always the fact that they might not be single. they may have a husband that is overseas or working or just not there for whatever reason.

>> No.7936370

>>7936338
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that through whatever circumstances, by overhearing or whatever, that I know for a fact they're single.

>> No.7936383

>>7935826
muh slippery slope!

>> No.7936404

>>7933410
As someone with two immediate members with borderline personality disorder (yandere basically, but crazier) there is nothing cute about that kind of "crazy in love" I have ptsd from dealing with them.

>> No.7936422

>>7935788
Hey, I'm a sperg and even I know what is and isn't appropriate. I'm actually really good with kids and they love me to death because I get on their level and talk to them like adults. It's pretty common to be shit with kids while we're young, but great as an adult.

>> No.7936423

>>7935964
>trying to make drama
Jesus Christ you're either an attention whore or incapable of taking care of yourself.

>> No.7936435

>>7936423
how did you even process this she got molested

>> No.7936443

>>7936435
>screaming at the top of your lungs "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME I'M BEING MOLESTED SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!"
>not being able to calmly get help from staff or being able to prove something without making sure literally everyone in the god damn show room can hear your high-pitched creature noises

But I'm sure it doesn't matter, I'm wrong, whatever.

>> No.7936447

>>7936443
Dude what the fuck by screaming you're literally warning everyone that there's a rapist on the loose

>> No.7936509

>>7933274
>I'm not saying that. You both need to realize that my point is you're going to reach people and get the results you want by keeping a level head and composing yourself as adults in front of children.
Sometimes anger, and even violence is the right thing to do. You want to teach girls that when someone starts manhadling them without permission they should just stay calm?

Fuck that. The boyfriend should have resorted to violence and then called the cops on them.

>> No.7936519

>>7936443
>women shouldn't make abig deal about being molested so therefore I can get away with it and have zero witnesses.

>> No.7936524

>>7936443
Is this bait? Seriously it's responses like these that tell me you have zero idea of what you're talking about.

>> No.7936525 [DELETED] 

OP sounds like a homewrecker if her boyfriend has kids of his own.

Quit stealing men.

>> No.7936526

>>7933108
Bit harsh don't you think?

>> No.7936530

>>7936526
>grabbing a stranger's boobs

No, getting kicked out is not harsh. Getting arrested wouldn't even be harsh.

You don't touch people like that without permission.

>> No.7936533 [DELETED] 

>>7936525
Shut the fuck up. Men are not stolen, they are not property.

>> No.7936535 [DELETED] 

>>7936525
It's not possible at all that his ex died, or got on the drugs, or just straight up flaked and didn't want the kid, so he stepped up and is raising her?

>> No.7936537 [DELETED] 

>>7936535
Or, shit, maybe they just broke the fuck up, and he was just taking his daughter out for the weekend.

>> No.7936541
File: 159 KB, 625x626, 1371374336814.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this thread

>> No.7936544

>>7935890
I think the problem with this is that babies don't really give a shit about where they are and what they're doing. They'd probably feel the same if it was a mall or grocery shopping or at a park. They're fucking babies they don't give a shit. You just hafta know the con you're going too, if it's gonna overstimulate the kid and know that if it starts putting up a fuss and being unhappy you're gonna have to put your experience on hold to take care of it.

>> No.7936547

>>7933408
He just flirted.

I know tons of married men who flirt with girls, even in front of their wives, but they know to leave it at that. No harm. I chat to girls online who send me nudes occasionally even though I have a long term girlfriend, I'd never let it go beyond that though.

>> No.7936557

>>7935890
>Even though they're family affairs there's literally zero reason for bringing a baby other than being a selfish asshole. Children can at least enjoy themselves.

Cons aren't really suitable for children either though.

These days, a lot of cosplay is basically just softcore porn in disguise. I wouldn't want to bring my daughter to a con and have her think dressing up like that and doing what cosplay girls do is acceptable. Bad parenting regardless of the age limit.

>> No.7936558

>>7933498
please don't have children

>> No.7936559 [DELETED] 

>>7936533
You realize there are women who specifically target married men right?

They literally go after men with a ring on their finger. Happened to a married friend of mine whose husband got mixed up with a really bad, predatory woman.

>> No.7936572 [DELETED] 

>>7936559
and it's not like those men are helpless children waiting to be kidnapped by the predatory tumblrtard thinking the man is so kawaii

fuck I am getting stories mixed up here

>> No.7936574

>>7936530
They're just boobs....

>> No.7936575

>>7936557
>softcore porn in disguise
This is as stereotypically clap as it gets.

>> No.7936577 [DELETED] 

>>7936572
Yeah, but we all know what men are like. It's difficult for them to refuse if a girl in a skimpy cosplay is coming onto them for example.

>> No.7936581
File: 5 KB, 300x100, 206.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7936574

>> No.7936583

>>7936575

To be fair, he or she has a point. A lot of cosplay comes across as fetishwear. It wouldn't look out of place in a porno.

Whore's uniform and all that.

>> No.7936676

This entire thread...lol.
>won't someone please think of the children?!
OP, your underage butthurt parenthood is showing. Stop responding and getting defensive, it's embarrassing.

>> No.7936685

>>7936574
>just boobs
A man does not grab a stranger's boobs for any reason other than his own sexual gratification. It's a sexual assault. I know this is probably bait, but whatever.
>>7936583
>>7936557
This same argument can be made for Halloween or the beach. When I was out trick or treating, almost half the women were wearing shit much worse than anything you'd find at a con... and most of them were accompanying children. Honestly, pretty much any largely populated public place you go is going to have something inappropriate for children in some way or another. That's why you talk to them about these things... like how parents are supposed to do.

I actually think those slutty costumes would be a good topic of discussion for parents to have with their kids when they're around 10ish. Like, for girls it would be about the cons of basing your identity around looks and sex appeal for attention, and how it's much more rewarding to have recognition for your hard work and success. For boys, it would be about how no matter what a woman wears, it's not okay to be a creepy perv.

That being said, I find it really unacceptable for people accompanying kids to be wearing extremely revealing costumes. Like, seriously, what the fuck.

>> No.7936691

>>7933297
>Bragging about being a 3 year old

>> No.7936693 [DELETED] 

>>7936559
So? You don't even know that they broke up because of op, you're just assuming that based on the fact he had a kid with someone other than her. For all you know, they could have broken up years before he even met op. Even if it was her fault, it's not like her boyfriend didn't have a choice. You also don't know if there was valid reason for it.

Oh wait- I forgot that men are just defenseless puppets who can't think for themselves the moment breasts are entered in the equation. The only explanation for a man to desire a new relationship with a different woman is malicious witchcraft.

>> No.7936697 [DELETED] 

>>7936577
>It's difficult for them to refuse if a girl in a skimpy cosplay is coming onto them for example.
Then they are not the men you should be marrying. Dodged a bullet I say, happened to my husband once and he told the girl to fuck off. If he isn't an immature manchild he won't chase after every pair of tits that talks to him.

>> No.7936702

>>7935973
>Moroccan basket weaving forum
kek, haven't heard that one

>> No.7936703

>>7936676
>multiple people think kids should be treated with basic decency
>could only possibly be samefag

I bet you're considered the edgiest one in your social circle.

>> No.7936704

>>7936558
Don't worry I won't be.

>> No.7936707 [DELETED] 

>>7936697
>happened to my husband once and he told the girl to fuck off

That's what he tells you. Virtually no men are trustworthy.

>> No.7936712 [DELETED] 
File: 212 KB, 640x480, 1404350342334.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7936707
>this is what he tells you
he didn't tell me, I saw it for myself.

>> No.7936719

>>7936285
>I judge them for being a parent left by the baby daddy/mommy
I judge you for being retarded

>> No.7936723 [DELETED] 

>>7936707
Did your man leave you because he found someone superior, anon?

>> No.7936724

>>7936557
Dude, has anyone here actually handled a baby? It's much harder to wrangle a small child. At least you can just hold a baby or keep them in a carrier. Children have fast legs.

I would much rather have a con full of babies ages 0-1 than grade school children.

>> No.7936741 [DELETED] 

>>7936712
>playing these bait pictures constantly
>still taking the bait
Just admit you're legit mad and step away from the keyboard.

>> No.7936742

>>7936719
Not my fault they decided to have a kid before they knew the person well enough.
The world is such child-worshipping and so butthurt over single mothers, I swear.

>> No.7936745 [DELETED] 

do you basically have to accept your husband will stray a little when you get married?

that's the impression i've always got.

>> No.7936760 [DELETED] 

>>7936745
Not necessarily, but women should try to be understanding and not destroy a relationship or marriage because of one mistake.

>> No.7936765 [DELETED] 

>>7936760
it's the man who destroys a relationship by cheating, not the woman. If you cared you wouldn't have cheated.
>>7936745
You don't. Don't marry assholes.

>> No.7936776 [DELETED] 

>>7936745
No, that's the impression scumbags who like >>7936547 who want to exchange nudes/sleep around while married will tell you. They say "it's normal" and poor widdle menfolks can't control their pee-pees around boobies so they can get away with it without you dumping his sorry ass onto the streets. There are plenty of men out there who aren't dirtbags.

>>7936760
>When I cheat, it's the woman's fault for punishing me for it
>When I harass someone, it's the woman's fault for telling security and getting me kicked out
>When I molest someone, it's the woman's fault for wearing a short skirt

o okay then

>> No.7936782 [DELETED] 

>>7936776
Blame the girls, particularly the younger female cosplayers, for being so willing.

>> No.7936814

>>7933274
In this scenario, if it wasn't for the fact that she was holding a child, after the initial "let her down" failed I would resort to "knock her the fuck out." Calling security is a pretty stupid thing to do unless it's something minor. You call them after the fact to deal with the mess.

>> No.7936894 [DELETED] 

For the ladies here, how do you feel about your boyfriend/fiance/husband/whatever and porn?
I've had some odd experience with women who view porn as cheating and I think that's a absurd.

>> No.7936938 [DELETED] 

>>7936894
Don't bring this stupid shit into this conversation too. It has nothing to do with cosplay.

>> No.7937017 [DELETED] 

>>7936782
yeah, blame everyone but the man!
fuck off cunt

>> No.7937024 [DELETED] 

>>7936894
porn is fine imo. in the end you have to talk to your SO and establish what both of you are comfortable and uncomfortable with, and compromise. If you can't compromise, it probably won't work out anyway.
Personally I draw the line with camgirls and livechat, things like that, but porn is completely okay and if he wants to tug the monkey when I'm busy, no problem.

>> No.7937039 [DELETED] 

>>7933650
Why didn't you just have a threesome?

That would have worked out right? Like you could have just shared.

>> No.7937042 [DELETED] 

>>7936745
>>7936760
>>7936765
>>7936776

Just don't get fat.

Unfortunately most women can't seem to learn this one.

>> No.7937045 [DELETED] 

>>7936776
>Implying women don't do this just as much or more then men

>> No.7937049 [DELETED] 

>>7936707
>frigid controlling woman detected

>> No.7937055 [DELETED] 

>>7933049
that's what you get for taking your bf to a con

>> No.7937089

>>7935875
This reminded me: you know who should stay further from cons than children? ASSHOLES

>> No.7937118 [DELETED] 

>>7937055
The fuck? Did you not read what happened? Some stupid woman grabbed his daughter without asking the little girl if she was okay with it (or asking the dad if it would be okay to take a picture with his SEVEN year old.)
He had every right to get upset. Some fucking grabby, inconsiderate lady seized his kid and made her cry.

>> No.7937123

>>7937089
Fucking this. I'm not a huge fan of kids, but as long as they're not running amuck, screaming, or fucking shit up, I really don't care if they're at a con (since it's a public event and all.) In fact, I think it's super cute when families coordinate cosplays together. I've met some really sweet, well-behaved children at cons. OP's boyfriend's daughter did not deserve to be treated like that by a complete fucking stranger and anyone who's criticizing him/OP is a moron.

>> No.7937130 [DELETED] 

>>7937042
>be small and thin and cute and young-looking
>fiance cheats with middle-aged chub mommy
>fiance says he liked me better when I was chub
>was chub but now small and thin due to illness

dem feels.

>> No.7937138 [DELETED] 

>>7937130
Please tell me this is now an ex-fiance because you deserve so much better than that, anon.

>> No.7937167

>>7933298

What shitty army designed that?

>Sneak up behind enemy soldier
>Put your hand gently on his filter
>He suddenly realises he has no air, instinctively pulls the mask off and dies.

>> No.7937179 [DELETED] 

>>7937118
i did read it, and see that in the end the man was the problem

like always

>> No.7937181

>>7937167
Or
>Stab him

How do you expect to breathe in a gas mask without some sort of tube or a direct mount filter that could be blocked?

>> No.7937184

>>7937179
>Going ballistic because someone picks up your child and starts shaking them, ignoring both your and your kid's obvious opposition to this
>He's the bad guy
As other people have said, she's lucky he didn't knock her the fuck out. I don't think any rational person could blame him for that.

>> No.7937217 [DELETED] 

>>7936707
>>7937042
>>7937179
You anons sound like selfish bitter bitches. Just saiyan.

>> No.7937256

>>7936383
Handicapped people often have trouble with slippery slopes of any angle.

>> No.7937271 [DELETED] 

>>7936559
Are they witches? Are they some kind of psychics with mind control? Just because they act like slutty sluts around married men doesn't mean they "steal" them. It means the man wasn't a loyal enough spouse.

>> No.7937280 [DELETED] 
File: 37 KB, 250x322, 1177259816717.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7937217
Welcome to /cgl!/

>> No.7937309

>>7935875
I was agreeing with you right until you started bashing OPs boyfriend. That was uncalled for, and it's none of your business.
As for babies, although I think even young children should be welcome at most cons, I do think that there's a certain age where a convention is absolutely not suitable entertainment for an infant, so I can understand what you're getting at. It's hot and stuffy, noisy, confusing, and there are crowds of people there who don't necessarily want what's best for the baby. It's one of those things that I wish were common sense (eg, if your baby is still suckling, don't carry it into a place where the noise and crush of people bumping into it will only upset the poor thing.)

>> No.7937355

>>7933168
>rundum hugz r common, guise!!! xD
jfc you and your kind are the reason con horror stories exist
>IRL rules don't apply here, it's a different world!
Why the fuck else do you think there are con rules and security? Grow up, man.

Now my story isn't extreme or anything, but I was kinda startled.
>be a first-time cosplayer
>made a Sylveon cosplay out of fleece cause I really love that Pokémon
>people approached me and POLITELY asked for a hug because of how fluffy it looked
>since they were asking for my consent nicely, I always granted them a hug, no matter how weeby or smelly they were
>last day of con, the entire schedule was messed up and my friends were still watching a show-act
>wandering around by myself, everything is closing, talk to more random people, blabla
>suddenly this tall guy wearing a shiny blue wig turned around the corner with his friend
>AND YOU WILL GET A HUG TOO!!
>wait what
>hugs me before I can even protest
>smells bad
>I'm also about 5"1 so the position was even more awkward
>just pat his shoulder until he lets go of me

I was just glad he finally disappeared.

>> No.7937362

>>7933318
bah i have to agree i guess at seven i was already an old soul who could tell people to quit bugging me without crying...oh welp

>> No.7937552 [DELETED] 

>>7936742
You realize that lots of people divorce after 20 years of marriage, right? Sometimes people change.

My point is, you're stupid and know nothing about how people work. Be less of an idiot.

>> No.7937558

>>7933590
fuck people like this, I hope she is okay

>> No.7937568

>>7935875
Your assuming they're white....

>> No.7937571

>>7936742
>Not my fault they decided to have a kid before they knew the person well enough.
>decided
>because kids are never conceived by accident, even sometimes with birth control, that never happens

>> No.7937576

>>7936141
Don't hate me anon. But I would have loved to seen this.

>> No.7937585

>>7937571
there's abortion for that
so they decided either way

>> No.7937588

Jesus Christ shut the fuck up about kids and post some stories

>> No.7937590

>>7937585
>>7936742

You do know that some people can't have abortions right?

>Decided to have a kid before they knew the person well enough.

My aunt was married to a guy for almost twenty plus years and she found out when her child was around ten or so that he had another family on the side, with a kid the same age, AND he paid for both.

>> No.7937609

>>7937590
All people can have abortions. I live in Ireland and my mother had an abortion before she had me by going to the UK.
If you think that's expensive, imagine how expensive raising a child is.

>> No.7937610

Not my story, but:

>Two girls befriend hot Levi cosplayer because he's the only male one they've ever met
>Add him on facebook
>He's nuts, one of those people obsessed with eliminating toxins
>Keeps telling one girl her freckles are toxins and she needs to go on a raw vegan juice cleanse
>Points out that her freckles still exists and r
reminds her to take a cleanse every time she posts a new picture

Don't know why she hasn't banned him yet

>> No.7937717

>>7937610
Maybe he's posting in character?

>> No.7937722

>>7937609
>all people can have abortions.

This post is made of all kinds of fail. So I guess all women can have kids then too amiright?

>> No.7937744

>>7937609

Abortions past 24 weeks in the UK are generally illegal, unless it is necessary to save the woman's life, to prevent grave permanent injury to the woman, or if there is substantial risk to the child of permanent physical or mental disability.

So no, not 'everyone' can get an abortion, even in the UK.

>> No.7937752

>>7937717
Nah, all his facebook posts were weird shit like that. He's like a crazy Californian hippie mom but in Canada.

>> No.7937755

>>7937722
I took it to mean that physically women can have abortion if/when they want/need one [disregarding legal, religious, and financial issues surrounding this dependent upon region/nation/etc.]

True, some women are infertile and unable to conceive, but the point is that they physically cannot do this. Whereas, if you CAN conceive, you can abort whether surgically or by miscarrying, no physical restriction.

>> No.7937769

>>7937744
If you wait for 24 weeks to have one then you deserve to have your life sucked out of you by a child you're not prepared to care for.
Usually women know when they may have conceived and act accordingly, especially when conceiving out of wedlock. If you wait for that long to get tested for pregnancy at a hospital or at least piss on a stick, it's still your decision.

>> No.7937808

>>7937769
>>7937755

Some women can't have abortions due to age or body type. I take it you never heard of the girl assaulted by her father and was forced to have a child because it was illegal/she couldn't have an abortion in her country?

No anon don't even bother defending >>7937722.

>Finds it hilarious that this turned into "Can children go to cons," to "What women can and can't do.'

>> No.7937813

>>7937808
Yes, but I'm fairly sure OP's boyfriend's ex was not a little girl.

>> No.7937869

>>7937585
Right, because having an abortion is just a walk in the park for everyone. No big deal at all.

I'm pro-choice, but I would never have an abortion unless I was raped or for health reasons. I wouldn't be able to handle it otherwise.

>>7937609
>this level of ignorance on abortion rights
In some states in the USA, they're so restrictive that you would have to travel 12+ hours and usually these states have mandatory counseling, meaning you have to make this trip at least twice and they're usually overbooked and sometimes you have to wait so long that it officially becomes illegal to have one. Also, many states make it illegal for minors to have abortions without parental consent and it's punishable by law for someone to take them to a state where it's legal.

Society is filled with examples of perfectly fine, loving families where the birth parents aren't together and plenty of train wrecks where they're still married. This isn't news. Also, given how many people would judge your mother for having an abortion, one would think you'd be less of a judgmental asshole yourself.

>> No.7937883 [DELETED] 

>>7937813
... I'm pretty sure the point that anon was making was that some countries are so strict about their abortion bans that even a little girl raped by her father can'y have one. Not sure how you interpreted that, but given your response, clearly incorrectly.

>> No.7937887

>>7937813
... I'm pretty sure the point that anon was making was that some countries are so strict about their abortion bans that even a little girl raped by her father can't have one. Not sure how you interpreted that, but given your response, clearly incorrectly.

>> No.7937892
File: 342 KB, 637x350, mfw.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7933168

>> No.7937894

>>7937869
>one would think you'd be less of a judgmental asshole yourself
I wasn't the one who made the original comment, clean the sand out of your cunt. And I don't think people would judge my mother at all as she was happily married and still is, the abortion was for financial reasons.

>> No.7937919

>>7936314
It was an anime con in the '90s, anon. Trust me, they were not the same crazy places that they are now.

>> No.7937922

>>7937894
>And I don't think people would judge my mother at all as she was happily married and still is, the abortion was for financial reasons.
What the fuck planet are you living on? Are you just not aware of how extreme the people against abortion are and how many of them there are? I used to work for a women's health clinic and I've personally talked to people who literally think women who have an abortion for any reason at all deserve to die. There are people who think it's murder so passionately that, as previously mentioned in this thread, they believe with every fiber of their being that an incestuously raped 13 year old should be forced against her will to carry the fetus to term.

So yeah, you bet your ass that there are A LOT of people who would judge the fuck out of your mother for having an abortion, especially for something like financial reasons. Even the less extreme anti-abortionists who believe it should be legal in cases of rape would still say "if you couldn't afford a child, you shouldn't have had sex in the first place. Your baby shouldn't be murdered because you didn't think about your financial situation before you chose to have sex". That is by no means my opinion, I'm just saying a shit ton of people think this way and it's pretty common knowledge, so I'm not sure how you could possibly think no one would judge her.

>> No.7937926

>>7937585
There are quite a few states where abortion is prohibitively difficult to get, and that's assuming this is based in the US.

Plus, the story was about her friend being at a con in the '90s. Abortions were even more difficult back then. Jeez, anon.

>> No.7937929

>>7937922
>Are you just not aware of how extreme the people against abortion are and how many of them there are
I am
>So yeah, you bet your ass that there are A LOT of people who would judge the fuck out of your mother for having an abortion, especially for something like financial reasons
Who said it was any of their business? Who said anyone other than the doctors, medical staff and your SO need to know? I understand the issue of doctors not wanting to do it for religious reasons, but who hires those in the first place? Unless you live somewhere in the bog where the population is -10 and everybody knows what you had for breakfast as well as all of your kin, who cares?

>> No.7937931
File: 33 KB, 358x239, carlton spongebob meme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Guys, can we get back on topic? No? Ok.

>> No.7937934

>>7937931
post story fuccboi

>> No.7937943

>>7937929
>Who said it was any of their business?
That's the point. It's not. What I'm saying is, there are people who WOULD judge if they knew, even if it's not their business. Just like it's no one's business if someone is still with the person they made a baby with and judging them for it is equally retarded.

>> No.7937950

Ok so this is the anon that posted >>7935513. If it will shut people up:
>her kid is a toddler not a baby
>as in it eats solid food and is reasonably capable of using a toilet with moms help
>it is an old school comic/fantasy/sci fi trade show type con
>like a straight up nerd flea market, there is no "dealers room" the entire con is dealers
>friend's husband not there because he's in the military, because apparently this matters despite having no relevancy to story
>friend had babysitter but they backed out last minute and she did not want to hire a stranger from a paper ad (no Angies List type shit back in the day)
>she figured that its pretty reasonable that she could look around this event if she made sure child was taken care of, happy, occupied, and that if the child got upset or in any way was a problem she could easily leave because again, its a flea market type event
>

>> No.7938005
File: 33 KB, 400x343, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw to cosplaying gf who likes movies and treat like a goddess

>> No.7938012

>meet group of friends at con
>get introduced to 9/10 goddess lolita
>weeb kid i've met a few times is very awkwardly trying to converse with her
>mentions he likes her cosplay
>she give him the typical "it's not cosplay, it's lolita fashion"
>he instantly gets super excited. the kind of excited 16 year old girls get when they find the bl doujinshi.
>"I LOVE LOLI! I'VE NEVER MET A GIRL WHO LIKED IT TOO!"
>girl asks him if he likes to wear it himself or just see it on others
>he says he prefers it on girls, but he would wear it too if the girl wanted him to
>they go back and forth a few times before she realizes they're not talking about the same lolita
>he asks her if she'd like to go back to his hotel room and watch lolicon together right in front of everyone
>she explains to him the difference between the porn and the fashion
>he laughs it off and dismisses it as her playing innocent
>she makes it clear she's not into it
>he's sad
>after we separate to all do our own thing, he asks me for advice on what to do
>i jokingly tell him to buy her a vibrator
>he actually does it the next day
>girl finally just snaps and forces him to look up an article about gothic lolita on her phone to prove it's not a sexual thing
>keeps the vibrator as compensation for having to deal with his shit

>> No.7938065

>>7938012
How can anyone be this retarded

>> No.7938118

>>7938012
that was me

>> No.7938148

>>7938118
the lolita or the creeper who couldn't get a clue?

>> No.7938152

>>7938065
Retarded enough to confuse lolicon and lolita?
A lot of people, actually.

>> No.7938268
File: 41 KB, 640x480, gonkilluahighfive.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7938012
His initial stupidity should have been enough of a hint not to make a joking suggestion.
>keeps the vibrator as compensation for having to deal with his shit
Mah nigga.

>> No.7938275

>>7938012
I've been in a similar situation involving a vibrator...somehow.

>> No.7938285

>>7938275
Spill it mang

>> No.7938294
File: 12 KB, 250x260, tumblr_lwfj4fVsEU1r0q6x8o1_250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7938285
>creepy friend fell in love with my friend's young sister
>young sister is super excited over attention
>super flirty and overly sexual acting
>her brother thinks she's retarded
>me and him start egging friend on
>buy her a dildo or vibrator as a gift to ask her out
>he actually does it
>he's awkward as fuck
>can't give it to her
>asks her if she'd like one
>she gets grossed out finally
>he's super sad
>gives me the vibrator since it has no use to him now
>mfw I still have it and use it

>> No.7938313

>>7938294
Wow

What the flying fuck

>> No.7938314

>>7938294
where can I meet this guy and get free vibrators

>> No.7938332

Not harrassment, but...

>Be at my first con
>final day
>be plus sized and wearing a skirt all three days after months of not wearing a skirt
>Be chaffed as hell
>Walking is painful
>Girl comes up to me
>Weeaboo with too much energy
>Seeing this makes me sad, because I used to be like that, and LOOK HOW HAPPY SHE IS!
>mfw I wish I had that energy like I used to
>She prods me excitedly
>Friend stares
>Get chased by girl because it made her happy and I have an obligation to bring joy
>fucking running around the closing con
>in so much pain
>Even huddle on the ground at friend's request
>Excited girl eventually leaves.
>Friend proud at my patience and toleration

Again, not harrassment, but... I'm a complete stranger, and I'm really surprised this girl wasn't punched in the face at the con for how annoying she was. Sweet, but... wtf

>> No.7938344

>>7933410
As someone with true personality disorder (kind of yandere I guess), it's killing me. I have to act so carefully to not frighten away people and then explain to them what's going on with choosen words so we can keep a relationship working despite me being weird. Seeing this kind of 'crazy's so cutie guyz' bitches get on my nerves.

>> No.7938357

>>7935887
>infants
>In Disney World

Disney is meant for families, I don't know what you're bitching about.

>> No.7938364

>>7935826

The lady in question was a fucking crazy person for putting her fingers in someone else's kid's mouth

But goddamn, a cripple can't leave their malformed legs at home with a sitter you retard

Cons are not baby-friendly. You wouldn't expect someone to take their baby skydiving, would you? To a rave? White water rafting?

Any atrocities committed are 100% the fault of those committing them but you're still a retard for bringing your baby

>> No.7938398

>no story to tell
Feels like I'm irrelevant if my life is this boring.

>> No.7938570

>>7935755
makes me wonder how often that pickup strategy works..

>> No.7938759

>have a long-term stalker
>been stalking and harassing me over 3 years
>not just only in conventions
>in a nutshell:
>he takes pictures of me without permission
>follows in conventions
>offered me threesome and tried hopelessly to get me to be his gf when I was in relationship with other people
>moved in the fucking same town where I lived and stalked my house by visiting the door
>me and my friends have said to him to leave me alone and still kind of continues this shit
>always scared to go conventions because this asshole hides somewhere

>> No.7938770

>>7938759
Why haven't you gotten a restraining order against him yet?

>> No.7938791

>>7938357
If one family member screams and wails and shits throughout the whole trip, ruining it for other attendants, I wouldn't bring them there

>> No.7938792

>>7938344
Bullshit

>> No.7938803

>>7938791
Then there's no point in bringing them anywhere because that's exactly what they do in every other situation. It's a family place, if you're surprised someone's going to bring a baby to Disney World then I have no idea what planet you're living on.

>> No.7938879

>>7935928
>This could have been a situation which it wasn't, so in my mind it's not relevant.

>> No.7939878
File: 254 KB, 800x601, 58320a7b8e786323ed6174794b17165c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7938012
>>7938294
>these stories
>mfw an old friend gave me a vibrator as a joke once
>now we've been together for almost 5 years
>am I dating this fucktard

>> No.7939880

>>7938759
get the law involved. Seriously, do you not care for your and your bf's safety?

>> No.7939912

>>7938803
Any place that specifically has baby care areas at it is fucking baby friendly. Disney has a "nursing lounge" in just about every area of every park that feature private breastfeeding areas, rocking chairs, blankets, vending machines with formula and diapers and other care items, changing tables, nap areas, and even a comfy pillows and couch area with a TV playing Disney movies so if you have a small child who is overheated or overwhelmed, they can come in and calm down for a bit. They're extremely handy to know about even if you don't have small children because these areas are quiet, air conditioned, and usually have complimentary soft drinks and over the counter medications like Advil or Benadryl. My family learned about them when I was about 12 and got some mild heatstroke while in Animal Kingdom.

>> No.7939913

>>7938759
I've watched waaay to many criminal minds episodes to not tell you to call the cops

>> No.7939981

>>7939912
Yes, I wish more families knew about this. Little tykes simply DO NOT have the same energy that adults do. If you get started at 8AM, probably earlier depending on the kid, a few hours of walking and being stimulated and running around is going to wear them completely down. They are gonna melt down, they have run out of the ability to cope with being tired or hungry and they haven't learned the skills needed to deal with it. These places are genius, and it doesn't take long to recharge a kid. At work I see kids at our fairly kid friendly store just come apart, and if I ask their parents if they've had a nap, they sort of shrug and say, "nooo, haha..." We've been going since 8 this morning, haven't had time with all of the errands." It's 3pm, lady, that kids been up and moving and begin stimulated for 7 hours, they need a break.

Relevant, I promise- it'd be awesome for cons that do tend to swing more toward families to have kind of green-room/calm room to take their little guys and let them chill. Moms nurse, kids relax, etc. If families had a place to go that wasn't hauling back to the hotel room, they may be able to stem these meltdowns early and spare us all the grief of listening to it.

This doesn't count the kids that are well old enough not to throw tantrums and are just spoiled little shits, I'm talking about kids who are just really young and have no skills to deal with "wow I am really tired and it's really loud and bright and unfamiliar and there are lots of people."

>> No.7939989

>>7938759
>moved in the fucking same town where I lived and stalked my house by visiting the door

Why the flying fuck aren't you charging for a restraining order?

>> No.7939992

>>7939981
oh, similarly this can work for containing hyperactive preteens, too. A kinda shitty scifi/comic con with a pitiful Anime track had a really kind of brilliant idea. It was called the Anime Noise room- and as the name implied, it was basically a big, empty room with a handful of tables/chairs and some weeb anime remixes playing in the background. It was filled with a bunch of weeb preteens with more energy than sense, but there was space for them to run around, glomp each other, and a scream and squee at their hearts content and keep it off the main convention floor. It worked astonishingly well. Outside the noise room, I didn't see any of that kind of behavior. When kids heard that was where the others were, they all just congregated there. Like a Weeaboo black hole.

>> No.7940158

>>7937585
And if the husband is a child molester...? It's not alway's the woman's fault.
>Confirmed for dumbass.
Is this bait? Dude can't be this autistic.

>> No.7940162

>>7939992
This is brilliant. All anime cons need this.

>> No.7940207

>>7933579
Well good for you on not just allowing it to happen without repercussions but
>kickboxer
>elbows
No.

>> No.7940255

>>7938770
>>7939989
I have thought about it, but where I live it isn't easy to get a restraining order and I'm somehow scared what would happen if I get him arrested, like what if he goes nuts and come to kill me or something else. Maybe I'm just being paranoid about it.

>> No.7940299

>>7939992
holy shit thats brilliant

>> No.7940363

>>7940255
Just do it. I know a few people who have filed a restraining order against their stalker and it really helps. Most of the time it works as a wake-up call to make them realize you are serious about not wanting to see them.

If you think it would cause aggressive behavior, then tell that to the police. They'll give you advice on that.

>> No.7940456

>>7940255
This
>>7940363

The thing is, you're a lady and as long as you get to explain it in detail(him transferring states, stalking you, etc) SHOULD be enough reason for it, I've seen crazier people abuse that system with less. A guy I've been detained with once ended up being arrested because the lady who filed a restraining order against him went to his front doorstep and called the cops, he ended up being detained for 30 days.

>> No.7940467

>>7940255
I know this sounds like overkill, but seriously: Try to dig more information on him and FIND HIS FAMILY. Alert his mother, father, etc. about his behavior and what you've been experiencing, email them any physical evidence (screencaps, chat convos, emails, etc.), and tell them that if their son continues with that behavior that you'll be forced to go to authorities.

Worked like a charm for my crazy, demented ex. For years after I broke up, he'd send me emails verbally abusing me, posting my dox/pics to /b/, etc. People told me to put a "restraining order" on him, but that didn't matter because he lived on the other side of America, the abuse was happening online, and simple instructions like "block his email" would result in him just switching emails. He finally goofed one day and he accidentally sent out an email that contained his mother's email (she's a psychologist, ironically). I forwarded her every single threat, slander, and harassing video he ever sent me. Trust me, he was shitting his pants. I haven't heard from him since.

Oh and if you haven't told your family/friends about this creep, TELL THEM in case something should happen. My dad wanted to murder my ex when he saw all of what he said to me, and he sent a nice little email of his own.

>> No.7940535

>>7940456
How the hell did the cops fall for that? Did she pretend that he dragged her to his house or something?

>> No.7940563

>>7940467
"I don't know who your son is. I don't know what he wants. If he is looking for sex, I can tell you I don't have any condoms. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you tell him to leave me alone now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

>> No.7940579

>>7933180

I still won't talk to an overbearing grandmother who forced hugs and kisses to the point I couldn't breathe. Her son (my dad) also doesn't understand the meaning of personal space. He used to barge in when I was changing and spy on me when showering to make sure I was 'doing it right'. When I objected he would yell what did I have to hide from him. Both of them made out I was just being 'difficult' and 'disobedient'. Dad wonders why I still won't let him touch me- I'm 22

And strangers touching my hair lifelong... WTF is wrong with people.

>> No.7940595

>>7933410
Romanticism of mental illness is the result of a process of individualization from the mass of people, taking its source in the romantic idea of tuberculosis being the physical manifestation of “desirable” traits (for instance sensibility, eerie grace, purity but also sexual attraction) during the XIXth century.
If you want info about it, though not exhaustive, you can read Susan Sontag's Illness as metaphor. It's really interesting to understand why the teenager kids plays pretend on Tumblr.

>> No.7940620

>>7940255
This may sound a little extreme, but if you're seriously afraid of him getting violent, I might recommend getting a concealed carry permit, a pistol, and some classes.
Hopefully you would never have to use it, but if it comes to that you have a way to protect yourself. Even if you're in one of the more restrictive states, giving this story might persuade some asshole sheriff who otherwise would refuse to issue a permit.

>> No.7940970

>>7940467
Did his mom ever send you a response back? Did she apologize for him?

>> No.7940973

>>7940579
I hate saying this, but your dad sounds like a pedophile. That sort of behavior sounds really creepy and really not okay.

>> No.7941121

>>7940535
They didn't care, he was legitimately in violation of the Restraining Order with what she did. The guy ended up being detained for 30 (!) days since that's the punishment for violating ROs here just because of someone really cray and the sad reality there is that it's the second time I've seen it happen. Hence the reason why I said I've seen people get ROs from someone for even less.

>> No.7941125

>>7940579
hate to break it to you anon but your da is a paedophile.
reminds me of my local parish

>> No.7941136

>>7940579
Your dad is a pedo, man. I don't events know why you didn't reports this to your mom

>> No.7941157

>>7941136

Fuck hangovers

>> No.7941193

>>7941121
Man, what shithole country do you live in? So HE was violating the restraining order because SHE was standing on his doorstep without him even knowing it?

I know it's common to side with the victim who filed the restraining order in case of violation, but this has bullshit written all over it.

>> No.7941198

>>7941193
probably murica
sounds a lot like freedom

>> No.7941241

>>7941193
Welcome to the US of A, my friend. From what he told me, it seems like the girl drove all the way to his place to get him burned.

>> No.7941264

>>7941198
>>7941241
Well shit, I knew there was an extreme lack of common sense in the USA, but this takes the cake.

>> No.7941270

>>7941264
freedom ain't free

>> No.7941284

>>7941241
With all do respect, speaking as someone who has a lot of experience dealing with inmates, his story is most likely bullshit. Most people in prison will make up whatever shit they feel necessary to get people to believe they don't belong there. I've worked with many people with restraining orders against them and that would just never happen in the US. In the off chance some corrupt as fuck court did allow it to, any lawyer, even a shitty public defender, would get it thrown out in a heart beat.

Anyway, enough off-topic.

I wonder how often stalking occurs in the cosplay community. I'm sure some efamous cosplayers like Yaya or JNig have to have had some creepy shit to deal with.

>> No.7941291

>>7941264
it's also the reason why that one Anon's story baffle me.

What those dudes went through though is one of the reasons why you should never stick your dick in crazy.

>> No.7941305
File: 65 KB, 650x581, man-with-no-arms-and-no-legs-armed-and-on-the-run.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941284
to be fair, america is a land of opportunities
anything can happen

>> No.7941325

>>7933410
>Crazy
Answered your own question, anon.

>> No.7941344
File: 48 KB, 610x457, BACK TO FORMULA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7936141
>MFW Princess Zelda was rescued by Master Chief, Chozo, Samus and Metroid.

>> No.7941348
File: 495 KB, 500x431, american naruto.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7938005
She'll come around eventually, anon.
You'll find someone once you stop moping and wallowing in what you don't have and start reveling in what you DO have.
All will be well.

>> No.7941365

>>7933168
2/10

nice effort doe

>> No.7941374

>>7941348
>Saint Walker
>American Naruto
I won't Believe It!

>> No.7941478

>>7941284
It's different in county jails since it's usually a pissing match on who has the highest bail, he didn't seem like that. The other reason why I believe the guy was because he was detained with a guy who corroborated his story(his buddy was in due process for skipping court). Ironically, I was the one with the 2nd highest bail set, at $35k for Power Theft and Trespassing.

>> No.7941876

>>7933238
This hasn't stopped people being murdered or shot at in public

>> No.7941917

>>7933168
I'm sorry, go fuck yourself.
Con standards or not, you don't fuck around and do whatever the fuck you want with a kid.

Anyways, mine isn't really a "harassment story"

>Hit the gym for months and months for cosplay
>Make a Rin Matsuoka cosplay
>Go to local convention with friend as Haru (both characters from Free!)
>We just fuck around minding our own business til we meet a friend of ours (girl) who's fangirling like crazy at that anime
>We agree to do a slightly "dirty" pose because she's kinda into yaoi
>Fangirls flock around us
>Starts putting is more and more into unappropriate positions and we just like go with the flow because why the fuck not, no-homo
>Suddenly girls start touching us all over the place
>Pretty sure one of the girls held onto my cock a few seconds at some point
>Freak the fuck out inside my head while we just slowly move away and mind our own business
>Life goes on.

*Picture of us from the same convention*

>> No.7941921
File: 130 KB, 1280x853, tumblr_na76njRABf1twpvnjo2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7941917

Picture wouldn't stick for some reason

>> No.7941936

>>7940595
This bullshit seriously peeves me. I'm seriously mentally ill, to the point that my psychologist wants me on social security, and it's not pretty. It isn't cute, romantic or anything desirable, it's waking up at four in the morning (if you can sleep that night) in a cold sweat because your attacker is going to break in your room. It's suddenly being afraid of the shower for no good reason, considering a trip to the store for essentials an accomplishment, it's taking medications that make you fat, exhausted, and give you seizures if you forget to take them. It's having everyone who knew you before your breakdown whispering rumors about you because you spent months inpatient (true) and everyone hating you (unsure) it's about having to do reality checks even though you aren't schitzo because you have a low grasp on reality.
Sorry for the rant, but that shit grinds my gears.

>> No.7941938

>>7936685
Why does it have to be a man?

>> No.7942036

>>7941936
I don't really get what he's getting at, can't see from a different point of view?

>> No.7942039

>>7941921
that wasn't necessary

>> No.7942074

>>7942036
That was just a personal rant. I get so damned tired of people romanticizing that stuff and playing the pure little sick girl when it is a personal hell. Kind of how it makes me mad when someone rants about how hard their life/mental illness is and I and I would try to give them resources like clinics with a sliding payscale because a lot of mentally ill folks don't have insurance and they flounce it off with some shit about how doctors are the scum of the universe and "muh big pharma"

Bitch, if you were really having trouble than you would be wrestling to be in the front of the line to suck pharma's dick in hopes that it would make life more bearable. Yes doctors are scum, but that doesn't mean you don't rely on them.

>> No.7942169

>>7941917
>An actual male cosplaying from Free!
Fuck yeah, thank you and good job for your aspiration to accurately cosplay a character.

>> No.7942189

>>7939992
Toss Dashcon's ball pit in there and I think we might have struck gold.

>> No.7942876
File: 156 KB, 450x495, 1396413975101.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7942169
Too bad he looked like crap

>> No.7943865

>>7942189
I bet you dollars to donuts they put one in this year. I didn't go back go that con.

>> No.7944038

>>7935755
sounds like an indian

>> No.7944186

>>7938294
and I thought /d/ was the only place with stories like this...

>> No.7944832

Sorry to go back to this but I just wanted to say to the person who said everyone can have abortion and all of you who are judging people for having unplanned kids; My friend got baby 2 years ago and she literally only noticed that she is pregnant when baby started showing signs of coming out. She had no any hints about being pregnant, her periods came normally and she thought her weight gain came from lazy lifestyle and bad eating habits. No mood swings, no morning sickness, nothing. It's extremely rare chance to have pregnancy like that (I think her doctor said it's only 1-2% of all pregnancies during year in my country) but yeah sometimes you will not know before it's too late for abortion.

Also after this happened to her I have been super paranoid ever since.

>> No.7945168

>Otakon 2014
>I'm one Satsuki in the sea of 459435943 Satsukis
>Girl dressed as Mako comes screaming and running towards me
>"OMG Satsuki can I take your picture?!"
>Poses for picture, next wants a selfie with me
>Proceeds to gawk over me and tell me how I'm the most perfect beautiful Satsuki
>Ok
>Next day at the con
>Walking around random hallway with boyfriend
>Same girl from day before spots me, screams and runs towards me
>Proceeds to tell me how she showed my pictures to her mom
>Tells me I'm so beautiful like a doll and she can't believe I'm real
>Wants more pictures
>Hugs me
>Starts telling me I'm so hot
>Runs away
>Last day at con
>In the dealer's room with my boyfriend
>I spot out the girl, try to run, she sees me
>"OMG IT'S YOU AGAIN!!!"
>No
>Can't run away
>Starts telling me I'm so sexy hot beautiful again
>I start to believe she's stalking me
>Don't know what to do so I smile and say thanks, boyfriend looks scared
>Wanted to tell her I'm not interested, but not sure what her intentions were
>Days after con is over
>Receive anonymous message on tumblr
>It's the girl, she found me
>Tells me she hopes I'm successful and lead a happy life because I'm so pretty and like a doll
>Keeps telling me I'm pretty
>Am now convinced I am being stalked

This was my first bizarre con experience. Not sure if it's really harassment but I literally could not avoid this person all con...

>> No.7945184
File: 688 KB, 320x246, 1408211773387.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7944832
thank god I'll never have to worry...

>> No.7945271

>>7945168
Was she young? I've had similar experience but that girl was very young(like in middle school, while I was around 20 back then). I think she was just a bit awkward so it was weird but she was sweet. Young girls have a habit to stick to older girls like that to the point they might idolize them.

>> No.7945280

>>7944832
I had a friend who was pregnant and the doctor told her it was IBS. It wasn't until she got a second opinion that she found out she was pregnant and it was about 2 weeks before she gave birth (the first doctor was a piece of shit who had misdiagnosed about half the town though)

>> No.7946822

>>7944832
>>7945280
Jesus how fat does a woman have to be? And did they not notice kicking, breast swelling, feet swelling, morning sickness etc.? Like I see those teenage mom things "I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS PREGGERS UNTIL A BABY DROPPED INTO THE TOILET". Anyone in the healthy range of BMI would notice a huge-ass bump?

>> No.7946849

>>7946822
Not everyone gets "huge-ass bump" though. I don't know about other anon's friend but mine just got bit chubbier from all the places so that's why everyone thought she just gained lil weight. She was actually bit underweight before the baby. And as I said before

>" No mood swings, no morning sickness, nothing."

Human body works mysterious ways. I wouldn't believe it either if I wouldn't have seen it myself. Well at least she can say she had easy pregnancy.

>> No.7946857 [DELETED] 

>>7936443
i didnt mean that loud but loud enough so enough people could see what that person is doing so there is proof of them doing so.
ive been assaulted before, i dont feel like ignoring and giving them the chance of getting away with it.
>>7936447
>>7936519

thank u

>> No.7946859

>>7936443
i didnt mean that loud but loud enough so enough people could see what that person is doing so there is proof of them doing so.
ive been touched like that before,ect, i dont feel like ignoring and giving them the chance of getting away with it.
>>7936447
>>7936519

thank you**

>> No.7946959

>>7946822
So remembering that we're talking about something like less than 1% of pregnancies, it's not so beyond the realms of belief that someone could be lucky enough to not have boobs swelling, feet swelling and morning sickness as that doesn't affect all pregnancies. Some women also carry quite far back and high up with baby more stretched out rather than curling up, and the organs just move to accommodate that. For the same reason, you might not feel the baby kick or mistake it for bowel/period issues - a lot of women get abdominal pain for a number of reasons including endo, constipation, irritable bowel etc and that does sometimes feel like a kick in the guts for some! Alternatively if you're used to having a lot of pain a lot of the time minor discomfort from a kick might just go unnoticed. Anecdotally, a lot of the women who don't notice they're pregnant seen to have other gynae issues anyway like irregular periods, endo, PCOS etc hence the symptoms aren't so clear

>> No.7948828

>be at convention with best friend
>dressed as mako while best friend is ryuko
>posing with other kill la kill cosplayers
>be approached by a photographer
>be asked to kiss best friend for a picture
> say no and call him a creep
>photog says you're too uptight and offers to give you a massage
>walk away and be grabbed around the waist
>best friend nowhere to be seen
>kick around until you hit his shin and find security
>photog tries to say that you "led him on"
>go home and come back the next day dressed as wonder woman.
>see same guy and he walks towards you
>tells you w.w was the first thing he masturbated to as a kid
??? Why are congoers so fucked up?

>> No.7948868

>>7933408
not saying you had to leave him but this is a good point. My bf would never leave me for a random girl even if her costume is good..wtf.

>> No.7948871

>>7935790
so true.

>> No.7948884

>>7940207
...Are you retarded or baiting?

>> No.7948886

>>7938012
best story ever XD

>> No.7948895

>>7948828
Seriously some people just ruin the experience. I was at Long Beach Comic Con and some dude went around and bitched out a girl for having an "inaccurate" Harley Quinn costume. Another guy shat on like a 9 year old kid because he was a generic mandalorian and used stormtrooper armor i think or something just absurdly stupid and the kid was crying. I found out just because he was cryin and me and a few other cosplayers around went over and asked what happened. Some con-goers man...

>> No.7949119

>>7941938
When women do it, it's usually not a sexual thing. It's not uncommon at all for female friends to be comfortable enough with each other enough to touch the other's breasts with no awkwardness. When girls at cons do it to "be in character", they're most likely telling the truth, as opposed to using it as an excuse to feel someone up like most men doing so are.

That being said, the consequences for both genders groping people at cons without permission should be equal, and it still is a sexual assault regardless of motive.

>> No.7949385

>>7946822
actually my mum wasn't very big when she was pregnant with me either.(She also still had her periode regularly when she was pregnant with my sister) A friend who has just given birth didn't gain much weight until 6th month and I have heard storys like that before. (neither my mum nor my friend are big, my mum was actually pretty fucking slim before she had me and is still at a very decent weight ) Some ppl just don't realise they are pregnant until very late.

>> No.7950176

>go to con as Merida from Brave
>be approached by lots of little kids that ask for hugs
>this is cute
>be asked for a picture by a (steampunk jedi thing?) Gender bent Merida that you've seen at previous cons in the same mediocre costume
> obviously the costume hasn't been washed ever
>smells so bad
>pose and smile
>dude says you're the best merida he's seen at the con so far
>asks for your number
>politely decline
>dude flips his shit
>calls you an entitled bitch, insults your costume and threatens to follow you if you don't "give him a chance"
> ciao motherfucker
>be followed and have the dude try to photobomb you
> go to a.a to buy some prints
>find a Disney booth and buy a merida print
>dude runs over and rips it up
>security hears you screaming at him
>escorts him out
>but not before he spits on your cloak

>> No.7950555

>>7933197
In my experience, it's not nearly this bad. This is a horror stories thread, so you'll get the worst of the worst.
Perhaps your biggest concern might be the sheer amounts of people - there are lots of crowds! But if you're with some cool friends, and especially if you're not in a costume, you should be completely fine & blend in with the rest of the crowd (ie not targeted by those who can't comprehend manners) :)

>> No.7953275
File: 36 KB, 353x410, 1410060224736.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7938012
Lolita isn't cosplay?
Shit, shows how much i know about cosplay.