[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 196 KB, 1200x675, wardrobes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7923602 No.7923602 [Reply] [Original]

Maybe it's too early for this, but the egl wardrobe theme is less than 2 months away, and I'm pretty excited to see all those photos of dresses! Let's share photos/collages and facts about our own for now.

>Are you posting?
>Have you posted before?
>How much has your wardrobe grown in the past year?
>number of main pieces/blouses/shoes/bags/etc
>Is your wardrobe cohesive or a hot mess?

>> No.7923605

>>7923602
forgot to add
>estimate how many coordinates can you pull from your wardrobe

>> No.7923621

>Are you posting?
I am not sure. I really want to, but I feel like my wardrobe is lacking compared to so many others I've seen in the past. Feels like mine won't be anything interesting to look at, ya kno?

>Have you posted before?
Nah

I am almost sure that it has doubled, but still growing rather slowly.

main pieces: 10 JSKs louses: 6, shoes: 6, bags: 4, one coat, one bolero
I have quite a few accessories, though I would like/need more.

It's a sweet wardrobe, I like to think it has rhyme and reason.

Meh, I'm just gonna say 'a decent number'. maybe 20+ or so in which a few of them would be quite basic.

>> No.7923641

I'm so darn excited, because browsing wardrobe posts at the beginning of this year was exactly what got me into the fashion

>Are you posting?
Yes
>Have you posted before?
No, this is my first year in the fashion
From nothing to what I have now
Main - 15 brand JSKs, blouses - 20 mostly offbrand, shoes - 6 pairs most bodyline, bags - 5 brand, accessories - too many to count, but mix of brand + offbrand
A mess
Infinite?!? Don't know about vastly different ones, but pretty sure I could do a large variety of coords with different details and such

>> No.7923649

>>7923602
>>Are you posting?
Nope and probably never will.
>>Have you posted before?
Nah. My wardrobe isn't really big enough.
>>How much has your wardrobe grown in the past year?
I gave up lolita like 2 years ago and recently got into it again so not much.
>>number of main pieces/blouses/shoes/bags/etc
something like 3 jsk 4 skirts 4 blouses. With everything else it gets complicated since they arent lolita specific. I have a large jewelry collection but since they arent lolita specific (mainly betsey johnson pieces) it's kinda hard to determine what I would use for lolita and what I wouldn't.
>>Is your wardrobe cohesive or a hot mess?
Hot mess. As a person I've always been all over the place so of course my choice in clothes are too.

>> No.7923660

Honestly, I'm torn about posting. My wardrobe had grown very little this year and I have only about 20 main pieces for 2-3 years of lolita. My wardrobe is pretty cohesive, though.

>> No.7923666

>>7923660
If you can take nice photos that most of the battle right there.

>> No.7923682

>>7923660
I like seeing small, cohesive wardrobe posts. I posted last year, with only 6 main pieces, 3 of which were skirts - 2 of them handmade, 1 Bodyline. My wardrobe wasn't very cohesive then, but I posted anyway just for the hell of it.

>> No.7923734

>>7923666
I can't lol. I mean they'll be well lit but I don't have a nice camera or kawaii backgrounds

>> No.7923740

>>7923682
I like them too. Another reason I don't want to pay is pretty lame, but I don't want people in my com knowing what I own exactly. I think it looks like I own way more than I do.

>> No.7923741

>>7923740
*post not pay I know it's fame whorish but I want to impress my comm.

>> No.7923757

>Are you posting? Probably
>Have you posted before? The last two years
>How much has your wardrobe grown in the past year? It grew from about 12 main pieces to 30. But I'm selling it down to 5-7 hopefully before January.
I probably had about 12 bags, 15-20 blouses/tops, 20 pairs of shoes but I'm narrowing it down
It was fairly cohesive. I needed a few more things as I was adding another style in, but I've decided to sell those pieces all together and I feel what I'll end up with will be a lot more cohesive. I want to up the quality of things like blouses and shoes as a lot of those are Bodyline. I also have a better idea of what looks good on me so... hopefully my wardrobe will be smaller and nicer.

>> No.7923761

>Are you posting?
I haven't decided yet. I might just because I can take good photos.
>Have you posted before?
Nope
I didn't have a wardrobe a year ago, now I've got some stuff
5 main pieces, four blouses, two bags, three pairs of shoes, three pairs of socks, three headbows
Hot mess, I've got a weird mix of classic and sweet and I don't really have enough stuff to make it flow properly.

>> No.7923763

>>7923757
god damn it formatting.

>> No.7923780

Same anon as >>7923660 here, maybe you guys can give me some honest critique on if you would consider this a "small" wardrobe or not?
>Have you posted before?
No
Maybe 5-6 main pieces? Sold some stuff, too
main pieces - about 20, 8 or so are skirts, half of it is burando and most of the rest taobao
blouses - about 20, mostly dreamV, taobao
purses - about 10, only 2 brand
shoes - 7 or 8, bl or offbrand
Lots of accessories, some brand some not
I think less than 10% of my wardrobe, if not less than 5% is offbrand (I always cringe at wardrobes stufffed with offbrand)
My wardrobe is really cohesive, I am always finding new outfits. I planned it out pretty specifically so that's one thing I can say about it
Typing it out it seems really small :/ I think I cycle through things too much, I get tired of stuff a lot and just sell it.

>> No.7923788

>>7923780
That's not small, I'd definitely like to see you post. Cohesive wardrobes are so hnnng-worthy, wish I could stick to one style

>> No.7923793
File: 437 KB, 422x237, la-da.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
Probably

>Have you posted before?
Yes, two years now

I think it's gotten smaller total, but the actual pieces I have are better

I'm way too lazy to count
75-80 main pieces
35-ish blouses
25-30 pairs of shoes
15-20 bags

It's cohesive in the sense that all my sweet stuff matches, and all my classic stuff matches and all my punk/casual stuff matches, but when you add all three groups together it looks crazy. If I just posted my sweet or just posted my classic it would be a super cohesive whole wardrobe.

I have nothing that can't be coordinates at least 3 ways, so conservatively, 225? It's probably closer to 300-400.

>> No.7923795

>>7923793
damn. how often do you wear lolita?

>> No.7923801

>>7923795
On weekends, though not every weekend; I can't wear it to work, unfortunately.

>> No.7923807

>Are you posting?
Yes
>Have you posted before?
Yes
I've added 8 JSKs, 7 of which are brand, among other things
13 main pieces - 11 jsks, 2 selfmade skirts
7? blouses
6 boleros/cardigans
7 pairs of shoes
8+ bags (I don't know the number offhand and too lazy to look)
I've tried my best to make a cohesive wardrobe. JSKs run the spectrum between ivory-brown, along with some pink. Everything can be coorded with brown, pink, gold, red, or ivory.
30+, at least 3 coordinates from each dress.

>> No.7923809

>>7923793
Could you post links to your previous wardrobe posts? I'm so curious now

Also a general question - do you guys prefer wardrobe posts where people make full outfits for their main pieces, or posts where they just have sections of items?
I like both, but can't choose which format to post in next year

>> No.7923812

>>7923809
I love seeing coordinates, but I also like seeing each piece in it's full glory. Coordinates could hide blouse details. Maybe link to some coordinates with each main piece?

>> No.7923816

>>7923809
I prefer not coordinates. I see coordinates allt he time on tumblr, CoF, etc I like seeing big groups of similar items together. Also, the single coordinate wardrobes always look like that person has only one coordinate per item, even though I know it's not true.

>> No.7923826

>Are you posting?
probably not
>Have you posted before?
nope
>How much has your wardrobe grown in the past year? Since the great wardrobe purge of 2010 and getting back into lolita this year... a lot.
8 OPs, 3 JSKs, 3 skirts, 3 blouses, 1 cutsew, 2 boleros, 2 coats, 5 shoes, lots of bags and accessories.
Super cohesive
A whole lot, I don't know. A lot of them are pretty simple coordinates since I'm more into classic/sweet.

>> No.7923858

Do people like to see other things, like brand novelties and GLB collections included in posts?

>> No.7923866

>>7923809
I'd rather be anon. I really just was googling for Gensobox reviews because someone on FB was posting about them having shipped and this was right under the Gensobox thread.

There should be a wardrobe post tag on EGL if you just want to browse old wardrobe posts.

>> No.7923871

>>7923858
Some do, some don't. A few years back someone posted a huge lolita book collection and I remember some people on /cgl/ or secrets being annoyed by it?

>> No.7923873
File: 1.67 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
Yes
>Have you posted before?
Yes
I bought 25-30 main pieces
70-75 main pieces
35 tops
30 shoes
40 bags
Mostly cohesive

>> No.7923880

>>7923873
May I ask where do you store 30 pairs of shoes? I have a bit more than 10 and already have trouble with space.

>> No.7923927

>>7923880
Not that anon, but I have a shoe rack for mine.

>> No.7923960

>Are you posting?
Hell yeah.
I'm going to get started once exams finish.
>Have you posted before?
Only once before.
It jumped in size, but then I sold off a heap of less loved pieces.
>number of main pieces/ blouses /shoes /bags /etc
70 main pieces
27 tops
17 shoes
26 bags
Mainly cohesive.
It has two separate styles, but luckily there's overlap between pieces.

>> No.7923964

>>7923960
>>7923873
>>7923793
How often do you guys wear lolita? I only have a measly 13 main pieces, and I feel like I'm getting so many things i don't wear, even if I try to wear them once a week. Is it partially a collecting thing? I don't know, maybe I'm just enamored with the idea of a capsule type wardrobe, but I can't imagine owning this many things outside of it simply being a collection.

>> No.7923986

>Are you posting? maybe

>Have you posted before? yes, 2011, 2012, 2014

>How much has your wardrobe grown in the past year? I probably sold a ton this year but used the funds to buy more, maybe a little net growth

main pieces: 38
blouses/boleros: 15
shoes: about 30
bags: about 30
jewelry & accessories: tons, I really collect lolita accessories including bags, parasols, bonnets...

complete mess. I like every style and too many colors. I'm trying to make it more cohesive but there's always some new thing catching my eye which makes it difficult. Especially since I've lost weight and the more brand I can fit into, the more random old dream dresses and such make it into my closet even if they don't fit with what's there.

I wear lolita or cult party on weekends, otome or casual lolita during the week (casual office job)

>> No.7923993

>>7923602
>Are you posting?
Hope fully yes! I've renovated a lolita room and got a dslr so this will be the perfect opportunity to try my hand and get concrit for my tastes.
>Have you posted before?
No. I was in a shitty house last year that was literally falling apart from termites. No camera, shit lighting, and all my dresses were on a rack.
Over 15 new pieces compared to last year, probably closer to 25. I have about 10 new main pieces and 15 new blouses etc. I've also made a lot more accessories.
about 25-30 main pieces, 15 blouses, 7 petticoats, 20 pairs of shoes, 12 bags, 30+ pairs of socks/tights. Just an estimate based on memory though. Wow it seems so big listing it all like this.
Somewhere in between. Def. not completely cohesive like the Choco Mint girl, but I can do 2-3 coords per dress. I stick to a few basic colors that look good on me and have a ton of different accessories.
30 main pieces, 2 coords each, about 60? Some of my dresses are more versatile so maybe 80. I've barely or never even worn some of them though.

>> No.7923999

>>7923964
once a week

>> No.7924006

>Are you posting?

I'm not sure if I should. I have some rare pieces, but not much other stuff, so I don't think my wardrobe would be all that interesting.

>Have you posted before?

2012, back when I just started

got 3 new main pieces, hopefully getting 3 more before January.

Main pieces: 21
Blouses/Cutsews: 6
Outerwear: 3
Bags: 9
Shoes: 7

Kind of a hot mess. It would be loads better if I had more blouses, shoes, and bags.

>> No.7924019

>>7923964
I'm>>7923960.
I wear casual lolita/otome 3-4 times a week. I wear full lolita once or twice a month. I'm partially a collector as well, but I have been trying to downsize.

And 13 pieces isn't measly- I think it sounds like a great size wardrobe!

>> No.7924023

>>7923964
Not the 3 quoted but I don't wear it much. I have only worn less than half of my wardrobe out, and about only 1 coord each. There's more possibilities but I cba. My work requires uniforms and even as I go up in the scale it's strictly business professional only. I try to wear it on weekends but usually I'm too tired. It's nice dolling up, but I only do it once a month maybe. I'm thinking of getting a mannequin that I can dress and photograph for coords.

>> No.7924034

>Are you posting?
I don't know, I want to.
>Have you posted before?
Nope.
A lot, I have bought the majority of my wardrobe this year, after being interested for a few years.
15 main, 10 blouses, 8 pairs of shoes, 5 purses, 2 boleros, a couple of bows and wristcuffs.
Pretty cohesive, although I have two pieces that have different colors that don't go with my basics and have their own coords.
40? Just a guess.

>> No.7924045

>Are you posting?
I think so, depends if I have time.
>Have you posted before?
2 other times.
I'm not sure, I've sold a lot of stuff and bought a lot of stuff, but I've probably gained quite a lot.
Main pieces - 45?, blouses - maybe 10, shoes - 15-20 (not lolita specific though, I don't like lolita shoes), bags - 7, coats/outerwear - 4, cardigans - 20? (I love cardigans)
It's fairly cohesive. I've sold off most things that didn't work (mostly OTT stuff) and am working towards making my wardrobe extremely wearable for any occasion.

And something else for you all to answer:

>what style is your wardrobe? Is it sweet, classic, gothic, or a mix of everything?
>Have you transitioned to a new style this year? Anything you're not feeling anymore? Why?

>> No.7924056

>>7923602
>Are you posting?
Nope and don't plan to.

>Have you posted before?
Nope.

Seeing how I just got back into the fashion after 5 years being away (and saving), it exploded into frills and lace pretty quickly.

21 JSKs (mostly brand and indie), 3 OPs, 1 skirt, 3 blouses, 2 corsets, 1 vest, 6 shoes, 2 coats, 1 underskirt, 5 purses/totes, a few accessories, and a partridge in a pear tree.

It's pretty cohesive within its sections. I've got gothic on one end, classic in the middle, and ivory sweet on the other end I've actually got two more dresses on the way that should fit in pretty well with the gothic and classic sections, but one I've been eyeing would throw the sweet side off with the explosion of mint.

Um. Maybe 40 at most? I would need more pieces that complement the main pieces to have more of a variety though.

>> No.7924139

>Are you posting?
I sort of want to but my wardrobe is kinda small. Maybe if I can find a way to get some nice looking photos.
>Have you posted before?
Nope, only been into lolita for a little more than a year now.
Within the year, majority of my wardrobe.
14 main pieces, 7 blouses(minus loliable offbrand ones), 1 vest, 7 pairs of shoes, 6 bags, 4 outerwear,
It's fairly cohesive for it's small size, but I have a couple pieces here and there that don't really go with everything else.
>what style is your wardrobe? Is it sweet, classic, gothic, or a mix of everything?
In between sweet and classic with mostly lighter colors.

How interested would people be in seeing offbrand finds anyways? A lot of my accessories are offbrand but it's looks pretty nice together as a collection. Maybe if I find a nice way to present them?

>> No.7924142

What do people consider a small/medium/large wardrobe in terms of main pieces? Curious.

>> No.7924153

>>7923602
>Are you posting?
Maybe on my tumblr, I'm not quite sure as I have a tiny wardrobe. If I can find a way to take gorgeous pictures I would.
>Have you posted before?
Again, only on my tumblr.
4-5 pieces? I don't actually know, since I bought and sold some.
Main pieces: 22, blouse: 11, shoes: 9, bags: 5, socks: countless.
I'd like to think it's cohesive, it's on a spectrum from sweet to classic. I hope to build more to the classic side but AP is tempting me so much.

>> No.7924159

>>7924142
I think a small wardrobe is something around 0 - 25 main pieces, medium is 25 - 50 and large is 50+ pieces.

>>7924139
I like seeing nice offbrand finds! Especially nice vintage items. Maybe instead of just spreading them around, lay them on top of, or near dresses they match?

>> No.7924187

>Are you posting?
Yes.
>Have you posted before?
Yes. Last year was my first one and it was a handy reference for making coords/keeping track of what I have.
More than doubled. It's disgusting.
Dresses - 20; skirts: 16; tops - 22; outerwear - 3 boleros and 2 coat; bags - 3; shoes - 12?
It's kind of cohesive. It's mostly sweet with buttloads of pink, but there are some random pieces that I got because I liked them but have no idea on how to coord them.
My original goal for my wardrobe is to keep it versatile, so most main pieces can yield at least 2 if not 3 coords.

>> No.7924229
File: 347 KB, 1125x2000, 20141108_191155.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
Yeah, i plan to.
>Have you posted before?
Yes, this year was my first year.
Not really much in terms of main pieces because i have a stupid habit of selling a piece then buying a piece so my wardrobe the amount never really grows much, but i'm starting to hoard more. I definitely have a lot more shoes and bags than previously though.
>Number of main pieces/blouses/shoes/bags/etc
14 main pieces,9 blouses, 20 pairs of shoes, 13 bags, and about 11 hats.
I'd say it's pretty cohesive, especially of late, i have been trying to stick to colors that are already in my wardrobe and it's working out pretty well. Ivory and Beige are slowly taking over my wardrobe and i'm okay with that since it generally matches everything.
>Estimate how many coordinates you can pull from your wardrobe
Hmm, maybe 50-60? Not sure. I have a lot of accessories and footwear that i can mix and match.

>> No.7924267

>Are you posting?
Absolutely! I love it doing it as a memento.
>Have you posted before?
Yes.
17 main pieces, 13 blouses, 18 pairs of lolita specific shoes though I have many more, 4 bags and note enough accessories though I'm getting there.
Fairly cohesive. I'm mainly into sweet-classic, but have a few fully sweet pieces and one gothic skirt and enough stuff to wear them well. So there's a few outliers from the main collection.
I can probably do about four per main piece, but I only love two of those four, so let's say I can make about 40 outfits. Can do more, but 40 ones I'm happy to wear.

>>7924142
As far as main pieces go, 1-10 is small to me, 11-30 medium, 31+ is large, over 60 is huge, over 100 is like.. whoa... But to me, I think you need varied accompanying pieces, so I assume that someone with say 15 main pieces will have about as main blouses as well as lots of shoes and varied accessories.

>> No.7924284

>Are you posting?/Have you posted before?
Possibly. I've tried doing wardrobe posts before but was put off by the time it took, and my cat decided that I had clearly laid her out a series of sitting places.

Not very much. I've bought six dresses (ignoring stuff I bought then sold) and some bits and bobs.

>number of main pieces/blouses/shoes/bags/etc.
Dresses: 30
Skirts: 5. I want to sell most of them...
Blouses/cutsews: difficult to say, as most of my tops are multipurposed/loliable rather than lolita. At least as many as I have dresses.
Shoes: again, similar to the blouses. At least a dozen pairs, I own at least 40 pairs of shoes
Bags: 10 that suit lolita
Etc: I have a few interesting coats/jackets as well -maybe 15 or so?

Cohesive

Many. Over 100 probably.

>> No.7924296

>>7924267
Oops, forgot to answer one.
It's probably about 1.5 times the size, but I've had a high-ish turnover to get to a better level of cohesiveness.

>> No.7924309

>Are you posting?
Yes
>Have you posted before?
I did last year for the first time.
I've bought and sold a lot of items this year but only have 9 new main pieces.
5 ops, 9 jsks, 6 skirts, 7 blouses, 8 shoes, 6 bags, 1 coat, 2 jackets.
>Is your wardrobe cohesive or a hot mess
A bit of both, it used to be cohesive but there is too many odd pieces nowadays.
Probably 40, some pieces are very versatile and others are not so much.

>> No.7924327

>Are you posting?
Probably not on egl, but I want to make a post on my personal blog. Maybe next year.
>Have you posted before?
Nope.
A lot. I went from 3 to 10 main pieces, and I've had pretty high turnover inbetween.
Main pieces: 12, 2 of which I have to sell. 5 are skirts (one of them hadmade). 4 brand pieces, the rest is Taobao/Indie/bodyline
Blouses: 4
Shoes: 5
Bags: 6
I have a bunch of matching headbows and some AP jewelry, brand OTKs and lolita specific tights, the rest that I use is from my normalfag wardrobe.
I think it's getting there. I've mostly got jeweltones, black and brown pieces, but it's still a hot mess because I don't have enough blouses, legwear, or headwear. I've made a pretty extensive "To Buy" list, though.
Not very many, see problem above. Maybe 20.

>> No.7924328

>Are you posting?
Nah.

>Have you posted before?
Nope.

I slowed down and focused more on buying accessories this year.

17 main pieces, 7 blouses, 9 pairs of shoes, 3 bags, 1 coat

It's all sweet and mostly pastels, but recently I've been adding navy into it and it looks so weird on one end of my wardrobe.

>> No.7924330

>>7924142
Small: 2-15
Medium: 16-30
Large: 30-50
Huge: 50+
I don't really consider it a "wardrobe" if you only have 1 piece.

>> No.7924337

>Are you posting?
Yes
>Have you posted before?
First time last year
Little, I didn't pick up many new main pieces but I actually have some blouses and other bits and pieces now
12 JSK, 1 OP, 3 Skirts, an appropriate number of blouses and cardigans and shoes, not enough accessories
>Is your wardrobe cohesive or a hot mess
It's pretty cohesive, but I have added a piece or two since last year that are a bit left of field
Like, 70 or so, which is far more than I need

>> No.7924350

>Are you posting?
Probably not, because I won't have the time to do so this year. But maybe next year.
>Have you posted before?
yeah, 3 or 4 times
about:
+15 main pieces
+5 shoes
+5 blouses/boleros/cardigans
+7 outer wear
+2 bags
lots of tights and some accessories
about:
50 main pieces
15 blouses
15 boleros/cardigans/cutsews
10 outer wear
15 shoes
15 bags
Cohesive I'd say. I'm pretty autistic about color matching so most of my main pieces can be worn in at least 3 completely different ways/coords. As for colors, my focus lays on blacks, browns and reds and recently greens. There are like 3-4 exceptions main piece wise, but I still make sure that everything goes well with the stuff I already own (if not, I tend to sell the item again).

>> No.7924352

>>7924350
I forgot to add this:
>>estimate how many coordinates can you pull from your wardrobe
200? 300? I don't know, really.

>> No.7924356

>>Are you posting?
Most likely
Nope, wardrobe was too tiny back then
I started 1.5 years ago, and I think my wardrobe grew exponentially in the last year. I'm going to say maybe 12 main pieces or so.
7 OP, 12 JSK, 3 skirts, 10 blouses, 4 bolero, 3 bags, 3 pairs of shoes, too many tights, and a ridiculous number of accessories because I like making my own
I think for the most part I'm reaching a point where most of my pieces are very cohesive, but I have dots of "this is super cool/interesting but not very practical." For instance, my Lost in Sea OP is incredibly hard to coord. Other than maybe 2 main pieces though, my wardrobe is coming along very nicely and cohesively along the themes that I want. I'm very happy with it right now. But one more piece is always nice.

>> No.7924373

>Are you posting?
Nope.
Photographing takes a lot of time and I don't really feel like doing this this year.
Perhaps when I'm more proud of my collection I will, but I feel I need at least a year to update my collection with dream items and necessities such as accessories and blouses.

>Have you posted before?
Nope.

Not as much as I hoped, I moved house which was pretty expensive as I needed to re-do the whole place and replace a lot of my furniture.
That was worth it, but didn't leave much money for Lolita.

22 main pieces, 5 blouses, 11 pairs of shoes, 6 handbags. I don't know how much accessories.

Right now, I'd say it's leaning more towards hot mess.
Sold off quite a bit of my wardrobe to focus more on the items that I *really* want to own, instead of random pretties.
Which left a large "gap" in my wardrobe, and I'm left with items that don't go with each other.
I have made the mistake of randomly buying nice things in the past because what I really wanted wasn't available or rare.
The last 2 years I started to look more actively in the 2ndhand shops, sales comms and Japanese auction sites and found several of my dream items.
I've acquired quite a few dream items this year which I'm very happy with.

>> No.7924490

>Are you posting?
I haven't posted in a couple years, so I would like to.

>Have you posted before?
Yes, once when I was starting out.

It's changed quite a bit, and especially so from my first post.

Around 25 main pieces, around 20 blouses, around 10 cardis/boleros/jackets, around 20 pairs of shoes, 2 parasols, 5 pettis, 5 bags, probably 30+ pairs of socks and tights, way too many hair accessories and jewelry.

I've been trying to get it a little more cohesive with purchases and sales in the past year. Style-wise I think it's quite cohesive but as far as color/theme cohesion I don't know if I'll ever get it to one of those wardrobes you look at and everything flows together perfectly.

My problem is that everywhere in my house is absolutely awful for photography, ditto if I need a lot of space for laying out multiple dresses, shirts etc. That's why I didn't do it last year. That and time, since I'd need a lot of daylight to have any chance.

>> No.7924491

>Are you posting?
Maybe? I'd like to focus on my handmade stuff, since I think it's well-done and I've been meaning to document it better anyway.

>Have you posted before?
Nope. I've taken photos but I usually run out of time, which is why I'm planning to start taking photos soon.

A lot (at least for me). I've bought about 10 main pieces, but I also sold off about six, so the overall growth isn't huge.

About 40 main pieces, 25 blouses & boleros, 8 underskirts, need more bags and shoes still.

Semi-cohesive; it ranges from classic-sweet through gothic, heavier on the dark colors but I've been getting into pastels and ivory this year. I tend to flip-flop between skulls and florals, kek!

>> No.7924511

>>7924491

I'd love to see you post. I'm very interested in taking classes to learn how to sew and own all the gosu rori and otome no sewing mooks, so seeying other peoples handmade things would be awesome.

>> No.7924613 [DELETED] 

>>7923602
>>Are you posting?
Yep
Yep
It's shrunk drastically. At my peak I had 17 sweet lolita main pieces. I bought a lot of classic items that are always more expensive than sweet and I've purchased a lot of blouses and cardigans and other non-main pieces.
Main pieces: 13 total, 4 skirts, 1 op, 8 JSKs
Jackets: 4
Blouses: 15
Shoes: I don't buy "lolita" shoes anymore since they're so uncomfortable. I buy loliable shoes from normalfag brands. Probably like 10 pairs of loliable shoes.
Bags: 7

Once I stopped wearing sweet and focused hard on classic and otome it's much more cohesive.

>> No.7924618

>>7923602 (OP)
>>Are you posting?
Yep
Yep
It's shrunk drastically. At my peak I had 17 sweet lolita main pieces. I bought a lot of classic items that are always more expensive than sweet and I've purchased a lot of blouses and cardigans and other non-main pieces. I also filled my non-lolita daily wear closet with otome and other j-fashion items and that was expensive.
Main pieces: 13 total, 4 skirts, 1 op, 8 JSKs
Jackets: 4
Blouses: 15
Shoes: I don't buy "lolita" shoes anymore since they're so uncomfortable. I buy loliable shoes from normalfag brands. Probably like 10 pairs of loliable shoes.
Bags: 7

Once I stopped wearing sweet and focused hard on classic and otome it's much more cohesive. I may even include my normalfag closet since it's all otome brands now...

>>estimate how many coords you can make
If I included everything, both my lolita and otome closets, probably somewhere around 50 coords.

>> No.7924625

>>7923621
Don't be discouraged by the size of your wardrobe! I've seen people post nice wardrobes with half of what you have, and people are still interested in them. As long as you take good pictures and have semi-interesting stuff, you'll be fine.

>> No.7924797

When wardrobe post season rolls around, I get annoyed at all the people who say "I want to post but it is so small." Or "I want to post but I am scared of what people say." Ugh just shut up. If you want to post, post. Post for yourself, not for others!!!

>> No.7924825

>>7923602

>Are you posting?
I haven't decided. If I can borrow a nice camera I might, and if I feel like I can get a nice enough background to compensate for my small wardrobe.
>Have you posted before?
No.
Went from one handmade skirt to 6 main pieces. May expand even more because lucky pack season is nearly here.
Main pieces: 3 brands JSKs, 1 Bodyline OP, 2 Bodyline JSKs.
Blouses: 6, all off brand.
Shoes: 2 pairs of flats, both Bodyline, one pair pink and one pair black. I have other loliable shoes but they wouldn't be worth photographing.
I have a ton of accessories but they're all handmade or offbrand.
Cohesive. I decided on a palette of AP pastels (pink-sax-lavender) and black as my base color, so I only buy things that will work within that scheme.
~50 or so? I really love accessories so that collection is always growing and I usually wear casual except for meets/events, which means I never am seen in the same full outfit twice in my comm's mind.

>> No.7924870
File: 137 KB, 500x575, uhhh....gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
i really want to, but probably wont. my wardrobes still pretty tiny...!
>Have you posted before?
nope!
alot! i got in to lolita late last year and through out this year it has sure gotten bigger!
ooo, lets see,
>4 jsks
>3 shoes
>2 blouses
>1 op
>1 skirt
>1 bolero
>lots of necklaces/bows/wigs
i plan to get these 2 jsks ive been eyeing for christmas though!
honestly? its a hot mess. i dont even know why i have some of this stuff...
>estimate how many coordinates can you pull from your wardrobe.
oh, eee, maybe about 15? need more leg wear!
i will indeed by looking lots of wardrobe post though! ah i love them!

>> No.7924890

>>7924797
yeah, but people who have one shitty handmade skirt, one offbrand top and some mary-janes from grade school probably need to gtfo.

>> No.7924902

>>7924797
tfw I did that last year.

>> No.7924995

>Are you posting?
Yes

>Have you posted before?
Yes

Maybe 13-14 main pieces, a few blouses, two coats and a couple of other items.

70 OPs/JSKs/Skirts
50+ Tops
15+ bags
30+ shoes

I'd like to think it's pretty cohesive.

How is everyone planning on displaying their dresses etc? I was considering buying a tailors dummy/ mannequin. In the last two years I just took pictures of my clothes on a sheet, but I'd like to do sth different this year.

>> No.7925048

>>7924995
>How is everyone planning on displaying their dresses etc?

I'm probably going to do my sheet again. I've developed better dress/coord photographing since last years post so they should look cuter.

What do people think of wardrobes that include a few bag, socks, and shoe replicas?

>> No.7925102

>Are you posting?

I don't think so, my wardrobe is not that interesting yet. Way too small.

>Have you posted before?

nope

Most of my lolita pieces have been bought this year actually, I finally decided to stop lurking and joined the fashion

2 OPs
2 JSKs
5 skirts
3 blouses
6 cardigans/boleros
3 bags
4 shoes
1 coat
lots of accessories/legwear

The hottest of all messes. It goes like this: 1. likes piece 2. buys piece 3. realizes it doesn't match anything else in her wardrobe

>> No.7925245

>>7925048
I don't mind, just no print dress replicas (which is hypocritical but meh)

>> No.7925285

>>7924797
This. I also think it's a great record for yourself and personally I love seeing small/medium size wardrobes... huge ones get too huge!

Last year I made a point to try and leave a nice comment on every post, even the smaller wardrobe or ones like >>7924890 mentioned, even if it's a "I hope you're having fun getting into lolita and enjoy growing your wardrobe" kind of comment. I intend to do that next year as well so if anyone is afraid of negativity you'll at least get one nice comment.

>> No.7925891
File: 117 KB, 500x710, tumblr_n2x1fst22Y1ri5902o2_r1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7923602
>Are you posting?
Probably not. I think people would appreciate what I do have, but it's still not a huge amount, and nothing really rare or awe-worthy. Mostly I'm really lazy and don't want to unfold all my legwear and take my pieces out of the dustcovers and everything off hangers and take pictures ugh
>Have you posted before?
No
I only started lolita a little over a year ago but did Jfashion before that (so I had a lot of tights and some accessories and shoes and whatnot) but all of my main pieces and blouses and everything are new. I'd be scared to total how much I've spent in the past year.
about 15 main pieces after selling a couple, I'd say the same number of loliable shoes, maybe 8 good blouses or so, 8 bags or so, million tights and socks, a few gloves and wrist cuffs and hats and whatnot. Not a lot of jewelry actually, I think that's next when I get in a better financial situation.
>>Is your wardrobe cohesive or a hot mess
It's all pretty elegant, I do mostly classic-sweet (and princess-y) with some strict classic and a few gothic pieces. I tend to stick with ivories, and a few blacks and reds but have a couple things out of the way of that. Nothing super sweet.

Pic not related, just someone with a wardrobe that isn't too huge but is so high in quality I want to cry.

>> No.7925964

I'm scared to post my wardrobe because I basically purchased 20 dresses, 5 skirts, and a bunch of accessories and other pieces in only 2 years of being in lolita and would get endless crap if any of my friends knew. I got a lot of good deals though (mainly second hand except for 2 pieces, but all brand) and make decent money, have no kids or big expenses... But a lot of my friends give tons of shit to anyone who spends money in a "wasteful way" and I am afraid of them seeing it and giving me eternal shit. They already judge lolita really harshly (most of them are cosplayers, sigh, but one dabbles in lolita). They are the types to look at you like you have elephants coming out of your ears if you buy any food item for over $10 and also the types to stalk all their friends on all kinds of sites to see what they are up to. They know my LJ userame too. I just want to share my clothing with the world and maybe make someone else feel the butterflies I get when I admire other lolitas' wardrobes, but the fear of being caught... Le sigh.

>> No.7925974

>>7925964
You could make it friends only so it can only be seen by members of the LJ community.

>> No.7925989

>>7925964
My opinion is that if your friends give you shit for doing something you love and something that makes you happy, they're not truly your friends. Dump them, find new friends. They don't sound like the type to care about you if they shit on you simply on the way you choose to dress and spend your money.
Alternatively, you can make an account that doesn't link back to you, and take pictures in a place where they would not associate you with.

>> No.7926031

>>7925974
One of them is in it (the one who dabbles) and she has a big mouth. I might make a fake account but she could easily link the dresses to the ones I upload to instagram, especially since I have a lot of repeat accessories with my outfits.

>>7925989
I completely agree. I have been slowly distancing myself from them for some time actually, about a year. They really have this "us against the world" mentality and never really try to understand anyone else's perspective, even their supposed friends'. They judge really harshly too, despite having horrible spending habits of their own. When I bought my first dress (a re-release of my favorite print that got me into lolita) I was going through my phone photo album looking for something to show one of them them with her next to me and she saw a pic of me in it. She asked if it was my lolita dress and I got scared and lied, and word for word she said "Oh good, cuz god what a waste of money. The people in that fashion..." and shook her head. I never really said directly to them that I am hardcore into the fashion now because I know their first comment would be "I would never do that, so expensive and such a waste of money." Every time I post an OOTD on instagram I can feel their judgmental comments between themselves.

It took me a few years to see this side of them but sadly I got too close before I did, so I am trying to slip away because they are vindictive as hell and trash talk you like mad if it seems like you don't want to be their friend anymore. (They are popular cosplayers.) I feel like I am juggling priceless glass vases.

>> No.7926121

>>7925964
Fuck them, people who judge you harshly for what you like and make you feel bad constantly are not your friends.
Post your wardrobe, and enjoy it with other lolitas. I don't know how vindictive they are, but you can always just block them on every social media outlet if they bother you.

>> No.7926128

>>7926031
Well cosplay is a ridiculous waste of time. They spend hours making costumes to what. Wear them once or twice and then move on to a new cosplay? Lolita is clothes you can just wear, you don't need to wait for a con to wear it and you can wear each thing as many times as you want without looking like you wear the same thing all the time because of different accesories and stuff.

>> No.7926132
File: 626 KB, 1024x1024, CYMERA_20141109_114615.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
Probably not. I don't have a good enough camera.
>Have you posted before?
Nope.
I got rid of all my offbrand stuff and replaced them with burando, so my wardrobe hasn't really grown in quantity, but in quality.
I have 5 JSKs, 2 OPs, 4 skirts, 3 blouses, 2 boleros, 1 coat, 9 shoes, 3 brand bags, 1 brand parasol
Pretty cohesive, actually. As I said, I sold off like 80% of my wardrobe and focused on getting pieces in brown, ivory and bordeaux.

Also, I got a dedicated closet for my Lolita, finally. So even though my wardrobe is small, it's just so nice to look at. Pic related, it's my wardrobe.

>> No.7926139

>>7926132
Whoops!

I think about 30-ish? I have lots of accessories, so I think I could probably pull off more than that.

I forgot to add that I have a weakness for prints in petrol blue, hence the weird presence of IW's Marie Rose skirt. It does have brown trim, so it matches most of what I have anyway. Also, the red box thing is where my accessories and socks are The transparent boxes are for my wigs.

>> No.7926144
File: 543 KB, 1224x1632, IMG_5399.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
Don’t know yet

>Have you posted before?
No

Allot… with maybe… 30 dresses atleast and a few blouses and underskirts from IW and little dipper

Main: 99 if I counted correctly (do not include the about 8 pieces I am selling that I got in IW oddment pack)
Underskirts/under-dresses and petticoats: 15, 7 and 5
Blouses: 14
Shoes: about 15 pairs
Bags:12
Hairbows/headbands : to freeking many, but I love them
Jackets: 6
Boleros: 7 from IW

Since I am not dressed in sweet and just gothic/classic most my thing works together with a lot of other stuff so I would say cohesive but the amount of stuff is a bit of a mess. God thing I moved and have a whole room for my stuff! Organizing the socks and what not as I write this. I do not count my HM cardigans and such, just the dedicated lolita stuff I have.

>> No.7926145

>>7926144
Forgot my 7 parasols. God dammit I got to much stuff.

>> No.7926147

>>7926144
Goddammit, anon. You're making me cry. You pretty much have my dream wardrobe. All that ivory. Everywhere. Could you take a pic of your blouses?

>> No.7926148

>>7926031
The thing here is, it doesn't matter if they trash talk you because if you're out of their circle of friends, it doesn't mean shit and probably anyone with half a brain will just realise they're shit talking you. I've cut a few people off once I figured out how toxic they are for me and I'm pretty sure they are the only people affected by their bitching about me, because I don't have to hear it and I don't give a fuck.

>> No.7926153
File: 1.15 MB, 2448x3264, IMG_5283.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7926147
All are not unpacked yet! (moved a week ago) But I will take a picture for you when it's done anon. Here is a picture were they will hang at least.

>> No.7926203

>>7926144
Ohh my god, your wardrobe is absolutely beautiful. Please do a post if you can!

>> No.7926210

>>7923740
>>7923741
This is actually one reason I never post.

>> No.7926232

>>7926144

I want live in your closet lol. Gosh your collection is gorgeous.

>> No.7926306

>>7926210
Wouldn't it be better for them to see what you can do with less? I think it's more impressive to be able to do more with less pieces.

>> No.7926307
File: 1.80 MB, 961x699, wardrobe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7926147
>>7926144
Here is a picture of my blouses! My petticoats and underskirts, underdresses from infanta and parasols! Also all my bows.

>I got a problem with bows ok...

>>7926203
>>7926232
Thank you so much! I think I need to start photograph the dresses now if I would do a post.

>> No.7926401

>>7926307
Haha, I remember you from a different thread! You were the anon who bought things in all possible colors. Now I totally see why, considering how many main pieces you have.

>> No.7927001

>Are you posting?
Most likely! My wardrobe is finally big enough to actually look like a wardrobe instead of a bunch of random pieces

>Have you posted before?
Nope, this will be my first time.

A lot actually! I've been into lolita forever and would usually buy one or two pieces a year, but I decided to take it a lot more seriously this year, as well as wearing it more often. My biggest challenge has been avoiding buying random main pieces and trying to get everything cohesive instead lol

9 dresses
1 skirt (they tend to look like ass on me, hence why I only have one)
2 blouses
3 cutsews
3 cardigans
2 coats
4 pairs of shoes
3 bags

I did just do a pretty good haul on Y!A/Taobao so hopefully my wardrobe will be looking a little more complete by January.

I would say it's pretty cohesive! The majority of my pieces are old school sweet from AP

>> No.7927113

>>7925285
AWWWW that is sweet of you.

>> No.7927247

>>7923602
>>Are you posting?
Maybe just on FB to friends.
Yes, 2011 I think?
Not much, I get antsy when I have more than a certain number of items so I'm trying to sell as much as I buy now but I get stupid attached to some things.
Only counting brand, 70 dresses and a handful of skirts, a few dozen blouses, just 12 bags(!), and too many shoes.
There are a few major themes in there and I love what someone mentioned above, capsule wardrobes? I buy in five colors and it's worked out well so far. I organize my clothes by color so they don't look too hot mess from a distance.

>> No.7927250

>>7926144
>>7926153
>>7926307

I love and hate you at the same time Anon. I really hope you do a wardrobe post!

>> No.7927282

I love hearing how many peices everyone has! I only started in lolita less than 6 months ago and so far i have:
4 jsks
1blouse
2 petti coats
4 shoes
1bag

i obviously won't be posting in EGL as its still very basic, but i have a pretty solid colour scheme of pink and sax.

>> No.7927286

>Are you posting?
Idk.

>Have you posted before?
No.

I've acquired three new JSKs, three pairs of socks, two pairs of shoes, a purse, and a blouse. Victorian Letter will be the third JSK I bought this year and it's being shipped to me as we speak.

5 - JSKs
1 - skirt
4 - blouses
4 - pairs of shoes
3 - purses
8 - pairs of socks
5 - headpieces
2 - bloomers

I tend to use pinks and reds a lot. This year, I experimented with black for the first time. I have prints that can be considered either classic or sweet, but not too sweet.

>> No.7930122

>>7926401
the organization thread maybe? And yes.. that is indeed me. God thing you understand why I do as I do!

>> No.7930143

>>7926144
>>7926307

Please do a wardrobe post. Those hairbow frames are gorgeous, I want to see how you organise the rest of your giant wardrobe.

>> No.7930164

>Are you posting?
I thought about it, but after seeing people who own over 30 main items and a gazillion handbags, I'm thinking nope. I buy and sell so often that my wardrobe hardly ever goes over five or seven dresses and my accessories even less. I don't think I could make a big post with all photos of items I've previously owned, kinda feels like cheating.
>Have you posted before?
Nope.
Think I sold more than I bought, but I got myself a dream dress so that was a great feeling.
Maybe 7 jsks
1 skirt
3 petticoats
2 pairs of shoes
2 bags
1 parasol
1 pair of socks and a billion dozen random tights/stockings
A few barettes, clips and 1 headbow...
Some jewellery and brand cardigans...
Yeah, my wardrobe is tiny now.
It's pretty organized actually, arranged by colour and style, but doesn't really matter now that I've culled it down so much. I guess it's more cohesive now, but since it's so small, it's hardly worth posting.

>> No.7930182

Which wardrobe posts were everyone's favourites? Also, what what did you guys think make certain posts stand out/look better?

>Are you posting?
I think so
>Have you posted before?
Twice
I think I got ten new main pieces. I'm a little worried that my wardrobe hasn't grown enough to justify making a new post, though.
Around 50~main pieces
11~ blouses
5~ shoes
And basically no bags. I don't coord using bags idk
It's a themed wardrobe, so literally everything matches.

>> No.7930186

Sort of on topic, I have a intense love for beige and muted pink sweet dresses, and dark green and red classic dresses, and blue marine themed dresses. I'm trying to decide what pieces to buy. Should I make 3 different closets with different themes or just choose one? I can't decide which one I like most.

>> No.7930202

>Are you posting?
Possibly, if I can find the time to set up and get nice photos.
>Have you posted before?
Once, when it first started.
It's been completely overhauled. It hasn't grown in number, just expense per piece as I replaced things.
JSKs- 15
OPs- 5
Skirts- 0 I hate them
Shoes- 13
Blouses- 10
Cardigans/boleros- 5
Bags- 7
Parasols- 2
Tights/socks- 20
Mostly cohesive, I can swap out a lot between coordinates and have multiple ways to wear each dress. I do have a couple things that don't really go with the rest of my wardrobe, though.

>> No.7930205

>>7930186
If you're just starting out, it's going to be really hard to have a cohesive wardrobe with three themes worked in. I'd say say start with one base colour and work your way out as your wardrobe grows and you add more basics.

>> No.7930273

>>7930182
so what bags do you use when you wear your lolita out? do they not match your outfits?

>> No.7930298

>Are you posting?
Probably not. I think I am getting burnt out from lolita.

>Have you posted before?
I took pictures last year but never actually posted them.

It feels like it didn't grow that much but I have over 30 main pieces compared to last year's 20, so

Main: 30+
Blouses: ~6 lol need to work on this
Shoes: ~10
bags: ~6
legwear: 40+, 2 drawers full of otk/tights/socks

as you can see I'm a big main piece brandwhore and forget to buy things like blouses, which isn't too big of a deal since I usually go for OPs + cardigan over blouse + jsk.

a cohesive hot mess

>> No.7930311

>>7930273
I have a normalfag black purse. It matches my outfits because I'm usually in gothic. But I guess I don't really take pictures carrying my bag or anything.

>> No.7930322

>Are you posting
Nope
>Have you posted before?
Nope
>How much has your wardrobe grown over the last year?
From zero to hero
>Number of main pieces/shoes/bags/blouses/etc
3 JSKS
2 OPS
5 pairs of shoes
2 blouses(if you don't count my offbrand blouses bc then I have like... 7)
1 bag(and a lot of shitty offbrand bags that sort of work with lolita, I'm working on it though!)
Hot mess tbh

>> No.7930348

>Are you posting?
Dunno, I moved in a new place and have no set to take pictures in.
>Have you posted before?
Twice yes
A bit, but I resold a bunch of things and bought better stuffs so it shifted a lot.
12 jsk and op
~10 blouses
everything else is not lolita specific but
8 bags
12 shoes etc
Pretty cohesive I must say. Mostly classic with a pink/bordeaux/black color scheme, rose themed items or old school non-patterned stuffs.

>> No.7930361

>>7930322
Nothing wrong with offbrand blouses as long as they truly fit the aesthetic.

>> No.7930597

>Are you posting?
Nah, probably not
>Have you posted before?
Nope
A shit ton, last time this year I had like 3 main pieces total.
OPs: 5
JSKs: 10
Shoes: 9
Bags: 5
Blouses: 6
Coats: 2
Ehhhh.... I think it's finally starting to become cohesive. Still a hot mess though.
Shit... at least two for each main piece, so around 30? I have no idea.I could probably do more.

>> No.7930759

>>7923602
>Are you posting?
Nope, the light in my shut-in room isn't the best
>Have you posted before?
Never but always looking at the posts like a child in a toy store every year
>How much has your wardrobe grown in the past year
I got moar cute accessories,dared to get sweet from Baby (my favourite brand), I mainly collect because I'm always in roomwear and hate myself too much to wear such cute things.

>number of main pieces/blouses/shoes/bags/...I have 3 OPs (Baby and Moitié), 4 printed JSKs (from AP and Baby) and 4 unprinted JSKs all from Baby + 2 skirts from IW.
I have 7 pair of shoes from Antaina and 12 pair of socks from brand and offbrand, my bags are from brand and offbrand too, most of the brand I own is Baby actually it's my favourite one. I have 5 blouses from Baby (again) except 2 offbrand ones), I also have 3 cardis from Baby and 2 from AP. My headresses and accessories are kinda hard to count.

<Is your wardrobe cohesive or a hot mess?
Well...there is a bit of everything (a tiny bit of gothic,a tiny bit of classic, tiny bit of old school sweet , tiny bit of more actual sweet) but it's put in a way that makes sense and is nice to look at.

>estimate how many coordinates you can pull from your wardrobe
So many. I drew so much in my little notepads but never wear any in the end, once a "bitchy girl" i knew said it was such a waste for me to have those things and she was right one this one.

>> No.7930762

>>7930759
*right on this one

sorry i'm a bit tired because meds i'm jelly of you all too by the way, you must all be cute princesses...

>> No.7930792

>>7930759
>once a "bitchy girl" i knew said it was such a waste for me to have those things and she was right one this one.

This is ridiculous. No one has any right to tell you what you should and shouldn't have. Besides, plenty of girls view lolita as more than just as something to wear, there's a collecting aspect too.

>> No.7930821
File: 76 KB, 300x300, 1407636627830.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7930143
I will try! Probably need to start shooting the dresses asap though if I'm going to finish by next year.
The picture frames are Ikea... believe it or not...

>> No.7930865

>Are you posting?
On my personal blog for sure, and probably on EGL and tumblr as well.
>Have you posted before?
Yes, I've been posting since 2011.
The numbers haven't changed a huge amount, but I sold a few things as well.
30 main pieces
18 blouses/boleros
8 shoes, 6 bags
Plus assorted boystyle, bustiers, outerwear, etc.
Mostly cohesive, I have a specific color scheme that I try to stick to. That's why I can have so few shoes and bags with a decent number of main pieces.
>Estimate how many coordinates can you pull from your wardrobe.
I would guess around double the number of main pieces (so 60ish) since the majority of my pieces can by coordinated a few different ways, but some things I wear rarely.

>> No.7930878

>>7924142
I feel the same way as >>7924330 for size.

>> No.7930884

>>7924995
>How is everyone planning on displaying their dresses etc?
I've always laid mine out on a plain blanket on my bed, since I like to group things by style/color for pictures. I'm sticking with the idea of doing the groupings, but thinking of hanging them against a blank wall instead, since that would have better lighting. The hard part is finding an appropriate place in my house...

I do have a dressform, but it seems like a lot of work, especially since the stock photos of everything are already on a dressform, and I'd rather do groupings than individual.

>> No.7930916

>>7923602

>Are you posting?

probably

>Have you posted before?

yes, since 2012

A lot, I think 1/3 of my wardrobe is from this year

main pieces: 25
blouses: 6
shoes: 8
bags: 10

my main color is black, so it's quite cohesive

>> No.7930927

>>7924330
same way

>> No.7931064

>Are you posting?
I'd love to but I wanted to get my wardrobe more cohesive...

>Have you posted before?
No

I bought 6 new main pieces including a fullset of my ultimate dream dress ! And a lot of accessories.

8 blouses
28 main pieces
7 cardigans/outerwear
7 bags
7 pairs of shoes
22 pairs of socks
not enough headbows/hair accessories, need to work on that !

A hot mess. Really.
I've got a few sweet prints and mostly classic pieces with both warm and cool browns, so my outerwear and blouses are very difficult to match. I need some simple one-color accessories. And to get rid of what I don't wear.

>> No.7931341

>>7930311
Same here. I'd rather have a utilitarian purse I can actually fit things in and not worry about ruining and just not wear it for photos... But normalfag purses can look fine with gothic and classic so it works out.

>> No.7932918

>>7931341
I compromise with a giant black AatP bag as my go-to, and one of my friends does the same thing with one of those huge Meta purses. I personally think that investing in at least one Lolita-style bag us a good idea for everyone, especially since large ones are possible to find, but if the normalfag bag isn't in pictures, I guess it's okay.

>> No.7932944

>>7927001
> old school sweet from ap
I can't wait to see this!

>> No.7933120

Wanted to ask for a general opinion and this seems to be the right thread: What do you all think of detail shots within a wardrobe posts? There have been a few people who included them the last years and i fell in love with the idea, especially after I saw one of the detail shot threads here on cgl.
My wardrobe is pretty small (only <10 main pieces)and does not have any super popular pieces, so I thought it would be a nice idea to add up some detail shots of the prints and lace too. As said i personally enjoy these detail shots very much and hope it would bring more attraction/enjoyment to my wardrobe post.

Thoughts?

>> No.7933128

>>7933120
Go for it if you like! I always enjoy close-ups.

>> No.7933539

>Are you posting?
Maybe, not sure yet
>Have you posted before?
Nope.
Got 2 new dresses, not a lot, but in relationship to my wardrobe thats pretty big
6 main pieces, 3 blouses, 3 shoes, 5 bags, infinity accessories
It's becoming slightly more cohesive, I think I need to sell off a lot of stuff though. I still have some left overs from when I tried essentially every substyle.

>> No.7933560

>Are you posting?
Nope.

>Have you posted before?
Nope. I never manage to finish taking photos in time, and the photos I take at other times aren't cohesive enough to post together. I've been trying to keep track of everything on a Tumblr account since Poupee has more or less died, but I either take photos and don't upload them (because I forget, because a petticoat slipped, because I'm dissatisfied with the photo quality, whatever), or don't take photos (because I've recently worn the item and it needs cleaning, because I've just cleaned the item and it got put away immediately, because I put aside a piece during cleaning that got mislaid--waist ties, whatever).

My wardrobe growth has slowed considerably. I bought some new blouses and accessories, but I've started only buying main pieces I'm absolutely in love with. I think I only bought 3 or 4 main pieces this year? Sold a few, too. I've been putting money into other hobbies.

Counting just Japanese brands, about 70 dresses and 30 skirts. In terms of lolita-specific shoes, about 10 from Japanese brands. For bags, also about 10. Counting Taobao stuff, I genuinely don't know.

It's cohesive in batches. It's almost exclusively classic and gothic and mostly consists of navy blue, black, red, and ivory. There are a few random pieces checked in here and there, but I try not to impulse buy anymore because there's already so several pieces I got that way which I rarely wear due to a lack of coordinating accessories.

>> No.7936958

Tangentially related, how many of you folks have a separate wardrobe or closet for your Lolita stuff?

At the moment I have mine in my regular closet, but with 30+ pieces, it barely fits. I'm thinking of getting a freestanding wardrobe to dedicate to the fashion.

>> No.7936966

>>7936958
I do, in fact I have a whole room devoted to hobbies.

>> No.7936984

>>7936966
Ahh I'm jealous~
I can't wait until we can afford to not rent out the spare room so I can do the same thing...

>> No.7937434

>>7936958
I have a garment rack just for lolita pieces. Everything else is in drawers.

>> No.7937790
File: 341 KB, 600x450, wardrobe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
Yes
>Have you posted before?
No
I've added about half of my collection over the past year
20 jsks, 12 boleros, 21 blouses, 17 pairs of shoes, 9 bags, 35+ socks/tights, 40+ hair accessories
My wardrobe is pretty cohesive as I've found my calling of chocolate and sweets. 95% of my wardrobe is AP, 5% other brands/offbrand.

You guys have no idea how happy I am to hear that people like smaller, cohesive wardrobes. Someone said my wardrobe was really boring because there was too much brown so I never really bothered sharing it... Here's a picture of my overly stuffed wardrobe!

>> No.7937794

>>7937790
Brown is beautiful.

>> No.7937798

>>7936958
Have a separate lolita room, suitably decorated. In my last house I just had a single sad rack in my bedroom so this is a big improvement.

Question: I have a big collection of manga/books/magazines. Currently it's in the study bookshelf but I was wondering if it would be good decor for the lolita room. I probably wouldn't move all the manga, just shoujo type stuff (Sugar 2 Rune, Chihayafuru etc.) and leave the shounen/seinen/bl. For magazines def. taking Kera and GLB volumes, but literature I don't know. It would rustle a lot of jimmies if I had Nabakov's Lolita in there. Also I would like some suggestions on how to keep them? Like Magazine racks would be nice but I simply have too many to display all at once. Magazines just don't look as good on a shelf as they do on a rack or tabletop.

>> No.7937804

>>7937790
fuck whoever said your wardrobe is boring, brown is amazing
>all dat chocolate though

>> No.7937817

>>7937794
>>7937804
Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one that likes brown

>> No.7937823

>>7933120
I like detail shots, especially if they're of uncommon pieces or details that aren't normally shown off, so I say go for it!

>>7936958
My boyfriend and I have a built in wardrobe with three sections. He has one, I have two - one for lolita and one for regular clothes. I rather like the confined space as it's helping me keep things cohesive as I honest to goodness do not have any other space to put my clothes. Though I also have an entirely (and full) separate shoe cupboard...

Related:
>what did you guys think make certain posts stand out/look better?
1. Clear, well-lit photos.
2. Interesting or good neutral backgrounds rather than clusterfucks... I love, for example, classic wardrobes displayed on nice floral sheets or when people shoot on a dress form in front of the open closet.
3. Well displayed pieces. You know how sometimes people splay out a skirt perfectly and sometimes they don't... yeah. That makes a difference to me. Also, my pet peeve is folded blouses all shown together. Why even include them?
4. This is personal, but I like it when people include little relevant stories or details about their pieces or wardrobe in general.

>> No.7940367

>>7936966
Same. It's both good and bad. I feel like I've gotten a bit out of control because I have so much extra room to work with. I really need to have a culling sale.

>> No.7940402

Do you guys only consider main pieces when deciding the size of the wardrobe? I'm big on blouses and outerwear and I find it far more impressive when a wardrobe had equal ratio between them.

>> No.7940407

>>7940402
I would say it depends on what kind of wardrobe you're running.

I have loads of main pieces and a very small number of accessories, as I have a really cohesive wardrobe of main pieces in terms of colour palette (everything is ivory, white and gold). I literally have three blouses I rotate around 15 or so main pieces.

>> No.7940408

>>7940402
I absolutely agree with you. A medium sized wardrobe with 20+ main pieces but few blouses and ways to coordinate them is not very impressive. A wardrobe should be functional and you should be able to pull multiple unique looks from each piece. An equal ratio between bags, blouses, and other accessories is a sign of a healthy and well thought out wardrobe IMO.

>> No.7940790

>>7940402
I think just going by main pieces is easier in terms of quantification.
However, of course, if you have 20 main pieces and 4 blouses, your wardrobe is not very practical in terms of getting maximum coordination possibilities out of it. But a big wardrobe doesn't automatically mean a good wardrobe, so I'd still measure it by main pieces.

>> No.7940813

>>7926144
Sweet mother of god, can I be you?

>> No.7941020

What counts as a main piece exactly? Or is it relative to the person(s)?

>> No.7941031

>>7941020
Dress or skirt. I suppose pants as well if you wear boystyle.

>> No.7941037

>>7941020
Usually a JSK, OP or skirt (salopettes, pinafores, etc also count)

>> No.7941122

So what is the smallest wardrobe you all would consider worth posting? I have a small but totally cohesive wardrobe (5 main pieces right now but lots of accessories and stuff to keep coordinates fresh, mostly brand). Is there any interest in seeing small closets or is it the bigger the better?

>> No.7941126

>>7941122
I think 3 or less is too small to be interesting. Five with accessories is fine.

>> No.7941287

>>7926144
Echoing other anons... can I just like... be you?

>> No.7941381

>Are you posting?
Yes
>Have you posted before?
Yes
Not much. Sold lots of things and bought some long wanted dream items.
Main Pieces - 21
Blouses - 12
Shoes - at least 8 pairs
Bags - 7
Lots of OTK's and matching headbows, 1 witch and 2 pirate hats, 3 cardigans, 1 hoodie, 2 parasols, 1 muffler, 2 vests and a few accessories.
My wardrobe is mostly about chocolate themed stuff, some AP bittersweet stuff and lots od Aatp items. So I would say it is cohesive.
About 40~50

>> No.7941515

>>7941122
I like seeing all sizes, especially if you plan to post every year as it's cool if you see a wardrobe you like and they link to previous years and you see how they've grown form very little. Case in point, in 2013 a girl posted basicalyl an outfit with a couple of changeable accessories then in 2014 she posted again and it was awesome to see how she'd grown from that one outfit. her wardrobe was still small but it was cool to see and I really hope she posts this year as well!

>> No.7941583

>Are you posting?
m-maybe...I'll see if I can get even remotely decent pics
>Have you posted before?
no, i'm still fairly new, my wardrobe only recently became big enough to even consider posting
quite a bit. My wardrobe didn't have any direction starting out (I thought I was going to pull off bittersweet/pastel goth on the regular...oof), but I've mostly settled on elegant gothic and dark classic pieces now.
Main pieces: 12
Blouses: 10
Shoes: 3
Bags: just the one, I can never decide whether to settle for several replicas or just a couple of nice but maybe plainer brand ones.
3 fancy boleros, about 25 pairs of tights and OTKs, 1 pirate hat, 1 handmade velvet bonnet, 1 maxipad headdress, a handful of headbows, piles of rose clips, and tons of cross necklaces, chokers, and rings (mostly leftover from my gothfag days)
It's a mess that's coming together pretty nicely.
>estimate how many coords you can pull from your wardrobe
probably upwards of 30

>do i post or

>> No.7941592

>>7941515
I'm glad people like seeing this. I posted last year my small beginning wardrobe, and it's doubled in size, as well as having a distinct style. I also photograph my pieces better now than I did in the past, so there's that growth too. I do plan on linking.

>> No.7941596

>>7941583
definitely post!

>> No.7941813 [DELETED] 

>Are you posting?
Hopefully
>Have you posted before?
Nope
Well I've been into lolita for 5 years, and I'm at a place with my wardrobe where I
Main pieces-20+ JSKs/OPs, 10 Skirts, 2 Coats
Blouses-8 Cutsews, 13 Blouses
Shoes-10
Bags-7
Headdress/Bows-16
Socks-27
Misc-1 Jacket, 5 boleros, 5 petticoats
Kind of cohesive

At least 2 or 3 for each main piece I have for maybe around 75

The only reason I'm hesitant to post is because I don't know how I would take pictures of everything so that they will actually look nice. Any suggestions on what makes wardrobe post pictures look good, specifically what type of background or light? Laying flat or hanging?

>> No.7941823

>Are you posting?
Hopefully
>Have you posted before?
Nope
Well I've been into lolita for 5 years, and I'm at a place with my wardrobe where I like everything I own and I feel confident about what I have.
Main pieces-20+ JSKs/OPs, 10 Skirts, 2 Coats
Blouses-8 Cutsews, 13 Blouses
Shoes-10
Bags-7
Headdress/Bows-16
Socks-27
Misc-1 Jacket, 5 boleros, 5 petticoats
Kind of cohesive
At least 2 or 3 for each main piece I have so maybe around 75

The only reason I'm hesitant to post is because I don't know how I would take pictures of everything so that they will actually look nice. Any suggestions on what makes wardrobe post pictures look good, specifically what type of background or light? Laying flat or hanging?

>> No.7941851

>>7923602
>Are you posting?
I'd like to, but only if I have time between classes and work.
>Have you posted before?
Nope! My wardrobe was extremely unremarkable as of a year ago, it's only in the past 12 months or so that things have started to come together.
Way more than I anticipated.
>Number of main pieces/blouses/shoes/bags/etc.
7 main pieces, 4 blouses, 5 pairs of shoes, at least a dozen pairs of OTKs/tights, 4 purses, 5 wigs, tons of jewelry.
Cohesive but very clearly divided between my sweeter and more classic dresses. Lots of pinks and pastels but also lots of chocolate, ivory, and gold.
>Estimate how many coordinates you can pull from your wardrobe
At least 15-20, just as a guesstimate.

>> No.7941854
File: 257 KB, 513x291, wr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
Yes
>Have you posted before?
yes
All my wardrobe changed, I hunted around 90% of my dd
15 jsk
10 blouses
tons of head pieces
10 bags
30 pairs of shoes
chocolate - chandeliers and dark colors is super easy to coord the palettes

>> No.7943744
File: 513 KB, 800x450, 1356646764759.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are you posting?
Probably, depends how lazy I am (very)

>Have you posted before?
Nope, I'm a fatty chan so I was thinking of doing a "~look at a plus size lolitas wardrobe~" as I have nice pieces and I'm tired of seeing other girls moaning how they can only wear reps. I'd love to see some other plus size girls wardrobes too!

Quite a lot! I've sold quite a few pieces too but I've brought a lot more than I've sold. I'm making more of a shift towards classic now

Main pieces: 20+ (all burando or good indie burando)
Blouses/Cutsews: 5
Shoes: 7
Bags: 7+
Outerwear/Knitwear: 6
Accessories: Too many to be healthy

Cohesive. I use the same colours a lot and I feel everything matches well. It's useful because when I buy a new main piece I don't have to get anything else to go with it.

>Estimate how many coordinates can you pull from your wardrobe
Around 60 at least? I have quite a few plain colour items that are really versatile

>> No.7943753

>>7943744
>"~look at a plus size lolitas wardrobe~" as I have nice pieces and I'm tired of seeing other girls moaning how they can only wear reps. I'd love to see some other plus size girls wardrobes too!

but you see, cgl's idea of plus size and replica chan's idea of plus size are two totally different things.

>> No.7943813

>>7943753
I'm quite definitely plus size if that's what you mean? e.g I'm plus size by normal standards not just by lolita standards

>> No.7943866

>>7943744
I'd love to see your wardrobe!

>> No.7943913

>>7943753
Yeah this is too true. I am probably 'plus size' in cgls eyes but I am just a little chubby by normal standards.

>> No.7944301

>>7941823
Strong natural light and a plain background. Easiest way is to lay a neutral sheet on the floor near the best source of light you have such as the biggest window or an open door. Don't ram too many things into one picture, 2-3 dresses and 5-6 blouses seems to be the max people can fit into one picture before it starts looking shitty.

>> No.7945432

Are wardrobe posts only prevalent in the western comm because its a central theme made by egl?

>> No.7945473
File: 162 KB, 500x400, 1406234495294.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7943744
Please post!! I would be so interested. I'm not in the plus size section in normalfag fashion but definitely in the Lolita section so I would definitely be interested, especially in a wardrobe you just mentioned!
>tfw too fat for many Lolita dresses, yet not fat enough to do a "look at a fatty-chans wardrobe and take me as an inspiration not to buy replicas and shit!"-wardrobe post

>> No.7946552

>>7945432
Probably.

>> No.7946565

>>7923602
I think I might try to post this year if only to have it as a marker of where I started. I like the idea of being able to see growth over time.

>> No.7946592

>>7945432

Yup.

The egl livejournal comm actually has a theme for every month, and another theme for the banner artwork (though I see they've failed to update the list of future themes. Again). The wardrobe theme really took off, though, so now every January seems to be wardrobe month.

>> No.7946662

>Are you posting?
Nah, too anxious
>Have you posted before?
Nope
Everything I have I've bought in the past year, since I'm new as hell
OPs - 4
JSKs - 5
Skirts - 4
Blouses - 6
Shoes - 8
Bags - 5
Accessories - lots of socks and tights, tons of necklaces, a few hats, 2 coats, 3 pairs of bloomers, 3 petticoats, two capelets, and a buttload of cardigans
Hot mess. Total fuckin hot mess. I'm still trying to sort out my style but I'm too shy to sell my stuff online so I have a lot of things I'm "meh" on but not sure how to ditch. If I get it together and join the local comm maybe I can foist some stuff off on them.

>> No.7946669

>>7946662
I'd say do a post even if your wardrobe's a mess and ask for advice. Or at least, documenting it all will let you get a clearer picture of it all yourself.

Don't be anxious though, as long as it's not milanoo tier or bad handmade no-one is going to care.

>> No.7946673

>>7946669
Ah true, I hadn't even considered asking for advice. My stuff is mostly indie brands and Bodyline, though I do have a MMM piece and a few IW pieces. Definitely no Milanoo.

>> No.7946691

>>7946673
It sounds like you won't get any flak for your wardrobe then, so I definitely say post!

>> No.7946716

>Are you posting?
I think so
>Have you posted before?
No, I only had 2-3 dresses before that were brand and didn't want to embarass myself. Now I sort of wish I had posted so I could show growth over time! Ah well.
It has tripled in size, which isn't saying much. I've learned a lot about buying on auction sites and from Taobao so that's fueled growth.
OP: 7
JSK: 10
Skirts: 4
Blouse: 5
Shoes: 4
Bags: 3 (+3 incoming)
my socks and accessories are lacking, and i need some underskirts.
I'm trying to stick with red, white, pink and sax as the only colors I buy, but I have some brown and black mixed in as well. Everything sort of works, I guess. I need blouses, and I should stop buying OPs, but I want to do an anna house order and nobody else I know has wanted to really hop in. Hopefully soon...

>> No.7946722

While I love seeing all the clothes I really enjoy seeing how things are organized and stored. Seeing a photo of the entire closet is my favorite part!

>> No.7947449

>>7946722
Me too! I'm always jealous of people who have cute organization setups, because mine is super utilitarian and boring.