[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 103 KB, 900x675, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7918726 No.7918726 [Reply] [Original]

Post your feels, confessions, and vents.

>keep it cosplay, lolia, or j-fash related

>going through really rough patch in relationship
>alone with my thoughts more than ever
>come to the realization that my husband sees lolita as a fetish
>realize that it wasn't him seeing me more confidant and happy in lolita that turned him on
>feel sick to stomach
>haven't worn lolita since and am now seriously contemplating on selling off my whole wardrobe

May not seem like a big deal to you guys, but on top of everything else going on, this was just the shitty icing on the cake.

>> No.7918749

>dad just got fired
>probably failed an important test today
>then went and probably failed a quiz in another class the same day
>haven't slept
>low on cash
>not eating I'm so stressed
>just want to drown my sorrows in a new dress since having something cute hanging in my closet always perks me up for a while, and I can't even afford that much

>> No.7918756

I'm not really feeling cosplay and cons right now. I'm feeling pretty disheartened, although once tickets go up for the next major con I'll have that to look forward to. But right now, I'm not really feeling it.

I also keep waking up a little past midnight or 1 AM, and I always fall asleep around 7 or 8 PM.

>> No.7918786

>>7918726
why... should he be 'turned on' by you feeling empowered by the material possessions you had?

>> No.7918791

>>7918786
That's like offering a kale salad to a trout.
Good luck with that

>> No.7918796

>>7918791
exactly. I dunno what she was thinking.

>> No.7918803

>>7918786
Some dudes like their women happy and confident.

>> No.7918806

makeup thread:
>If something doesn't cost at least $50 it's shit for your skin POORFAGS POORFAGS POORFAGS
skincare thread:
>Omg €30 for a 50ml bottle of product? JEWS JEWS JEWS JEWS

I'm starting to hate /cgl/.

>> No.7918811

>>7918803
then they should find women of value who are confident and happy because of their achievements or qualities or relationships instead of material possessions.

>> No.7918831

>>7918811
Collecting and making things you love is an achievement. Putting together outfits many people enjoy looking at is a quality. Lolita is a hobby that makes people happy. My boyfriend likes lolita because he likes seeing me excited and happy and confident enough to go out and socialize. Similarly I like his carpentry hobby because it makes him happy and feel good about himself, even though his creations are not good enough to sell.
How would you feel if you found out that your SO only likes your cosplay hobby because they want to fuck cartoon characters, not because it makes you happy?

>> No.7918836

>have no close friends and in LDR
>Start going on CGL, wanting dresses and such
>all money now goes to buying clothes
>Money should be being saved to visit Boyfriend
>depression worsens and cycle of buying things for happiness, and then being happy until i realize money could be saved plane tickets. and repeat.

I just need to get some friends or a postive hobby besides being online to get me out of this.

>> No.7918858

>fell in love with Lolita
>Rough year with low job rates
>have to put most money into living ect...
>research for months/have an idea what style
>saving little by little for Lolita
>intimidated by the hobby because of how judgemental, expensive and Idon'tknowwheretostart
>want Lolita friend/s who inspire me, give advice and generally start a friendship with people who have similar interests
>Lolitas want nothing to do with me because I'm not 'one of them' yet
>endless cycle of loneliness and depression
>contemplate getting into Lolita at all
>No one wants to be friends with a noob
>I'm a noob

>> No.7918871

>>7918858

Get into lolita together with one of your existing friends, or get into it by yourself. If you're worried about other lolitas picking apart your outfits, don't use the #lolita or #lolitafashion tag, or better yet, don't post yourself online.

If you need help putting together coords or with basic fashion stuff, post your coords to the coord thread for feedback, and ask in the lolita general for the name of the facebook groups that do mentoring. (sorry, their names escape me at the moment).

Don't come to your first lolita meetup expecting to instantly find a best friend for life or lolita mentor. Nobody wants that kind of baggage dumped on them before they've even said 'hello' to you, whether or not you're a noob.

>> No.7918891

>>7918831
If they support my hobby for ulterior reasons but are still invested in my overall happiness, I'm not really bothered by it. At the end of the day they still care about me with or without whatever interests I have - if this is what's missing from the anon's relationship, then she's got much larger problems than just a lolita fetish on her hands.

>> No.7918923

>>7918726
Do you mind if I ask how you came to the realization that it's a fetish for him? What happened for you to think that?

>> No.7918931

I used to be a lot skinnier in high school but after college started , I have gained at least 40-50 pounds in two and a half years. I've been really sad about it and even if I coord well, I've been feeling like a gross, greasy fattychan.

I've bitten the bullet and bought one of my dream dresses from IW. I used to fit in them when I was smaller, and it was being sold at a good price. I hope by having it in my arms, I can motivate myself to get back under 80 cm. Here's to hoping I will be beautiful.

>> No.7918950

I've finally got to a standard of Lolita I feel proud about wearing out and about and I'm going to to go to HyperJapan this month in my first brand dress. I'd be really excited if it weren't for my friend.
She's never worn Lolita or J-Fashion and she wants to be my Ouji "Prince"; this consists of her buying a complete outfit off F+F and saying there done! Whenever I try and point her in the direction of some better Ouji coord inspiration she goes "Yeah I just want to do something different" and she can't seem to understand that unless you actually know what you're doing, "doing something different" for your first time Lolita/Ouji look usually looks shit. I'm just really worried she's not gonna take any of my advice and look awful, thereby making me look bad as well.

>> No.7918956

>>7918950
You'll just look better in comparison.

>> No.7918961
File: 131 KB, 736x764, 0e07e3d77f202706d319ba7f88830f49.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>rough months with new job, which pays more but have to work a lot more
>many sudden bills
>finally able to buy some lolita after selling some pieces
>tears of joy after finding dream dress
>missed the joy of getting new lolita pieces
>definitely didn't miss the shipping times
>mfw Bodyline still didn't even ship my stuff
>furiously checking tracking for 4 different packages every hour
>nothing is even near my country yet
>hope nothing gets into customs
>burando, just arrive already ;_;

Seriously, did it always take that long?
I have stuff from Japan, China, Spain and the US waiting to get here (Germany). I'd like to wear my Loyal Rosette before christmas.

On another note:
>dream blouse on payment plan
>sudden incoming payment for student loans
>over 1000€!
>can't be true
>"Oh anon-chan, we forgot to count your last paycheck, now you have to give back the money and pay even more!"
>fuck you.jpg
>more bills come
I feel like pic related. Guess I need to sell even more stuff to pay my installments...

>> No.7919036

The seller i ordered my dream dress from cocked up...it got shipped to Iceland. I've only ordered off the seller twice. the first time they sent me the wrong skirt in the wrong size, and now they sent my dress to the wrong country.

never again. never again.

>> No.7919049

>>7918726
You should be happy that he has ANY interest in Lolita at all. My last boyfriend couldn't even take baby steps past the "aren't you too old to be dressing up like a fairy tale princess, its really embarrassing" stage.

>> No.7919060

>>7919049
As an additional comment, like, you just have to face reality that not everyone is smart or nice enough to have complex feelings for the right reasons, particularly men. It sure would be nice and great if he liked your hobby because it made you a better person/confident like you say, but... that's not common at all.

Even if its a selfish reason, I personally believe that someone liking a hobby you have and enjoy is a plus to chemistry, asking for more just feels like I would be needy. In a way, expecting someone to like something that you like mainly because you like it is a bit ridiculous don't you think?

>> No.7919061
File: 166 KB, 428x500, 46507804576453.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>been going to the gym in the morning
>pain to get up and get moving at first
>after a few days get back into gym mode
>really want to go this morning but I'm all out of clean gym clothes

Guess I'll have to find something at home to do while the laundry gets done.

>> No.7919093

>Have friend who is starting to break into the acting scene.
>She's had a few small parts [in big tv shows] here and there.
>Posts about an "Opportunity to Meet Elsa," all proceeds going to charity for Thanksgiving
>She's cute, but this is going to be hilarious because a good Elsa cosplay is a fucking unicorn in our universe.
>Messages me this morning
>"Anon, I know you do cosplay and everything, and I bought the super cheap version of the Elsa dress thinking I could fix it up, but it's not going well.
>Do you know anyone with a dress I can borrow, or can you come help me fix it?"
>I offered to help fix it, because I while I have a few friends who do Elsa cosplays, there is no way in hell that they'll let anyone borrow it.

This is going to be interesting. A part of me wanted to say no, but the other part said you aren't doing anything else with your time.

I just hope it's salvageable, and that I can convince her no matter how bad it is kids will see and Elsa and it will be magical for them. Wish me luck.

>> No.7919094
File: 1.43 MB, 500x287, 70719_2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anon here who got shit on some time ago in a thread where I confessed that I wanted to self-medicate so I could work, but could not find a psychiatrist who would take my insurance.

I ignored all the criticism of people telling me I should kill myself for wanting to self-medicate because I just couldn't keep doing this anymore.
I took meds I bought off people and have finally turned my life around. I have been productive, made more money, and can adhere to deadlines. I carefully moderated myself and took correct dosages, trying to find something that would work best for me. I know my limits, and I found the best dosage and routine.

My supply dried up, but I moved forward to get off the meds and try something different.
I found some herbal supplements that have really helped me out a lot, and I'm continuing down the right track while also taking time to focus on my issues, whereas before I was too dead to even think clearly.
I have resumed my sewing and commissions and am doing so will right now!

If I would have taken your shitty criticism and not have done this, I would have been left depressed and suicidal until I finally offed myself.
Seriously. Fuck you, cgl.

>inb4 you should have killed yourself hurrdurr

>> No.7919099

>>7919094
What did you expect, listening to advice from 4chan?

>> No.7919100

>>7919094
I'm glad you didn't listen, I'm glad you found a solution to your problems, but you need to realize that just because 2-3 people told you to off yourself, doesn't mean this entire board is tainted.

People are dicks in an anonymous forum, I'm sorry they were online when you needed help.

>> No.7919101

>>7919093
Good luck, anon! It's good that you have the time to do this because most of the time people badger me about making costumes for them it's when I'm busy with a lot of other shit. Most people really underestimate how much time this stuff takes. I hope you manage to pull it off and everyone has a good time.

>> No.7919103

>>7919094
4chan gives advice to the lowest common denominator, basically they assume you are an idiot and cannot responsibly use drugs etc.

I personally take unprescribed stimulant meds like adderall to help me get through school, work, etc, or just when I feel like I need motivation to complete a big project, and have done so for almost 4 years now. I'm not dead or homeless or suffering or the like, glad to hear you aren't either.

>> No.7919104

>>7919101
Thanks! I'm thankful for the timing as well as I just finished a big project the weekend before halloween and all my other stuff isn't until con season starts up again.

I'm wearing my Elsa crown and we will watch frozen and hopefully have a fun time. Thankfully it doesn't need to be done for another two weeks, so there's time if it's really bad.

>> No.7919105

>>7919099
Shit, I dunno.
I've seen a ton of actual good advice give on cgl, but this one had WAVES of angry seagulls swooping in, and I still can't understand why.
Maybe they thought I was looking for hugs? Shit, I don't know.
Either way, it was still surprising. But maybe I'm just eternally naive.

>> No.7919107

>>7919100
hurr durr 4chan is an evil entity that is always classless, shut up faggot.

I've seen pleanty of hugboxing going on in these threads. Anon was probably looking for the exchanges that's she seen before.

>> No.7919108

>>7919094
It's good that you've improved and moved forward and told the naysayers what for. I hope with that much vitriol that you're done with the site though, doesn't sound too healthy for you.

>> No.7919109

>>7919107
is for >>7919099

>> No.7919111

>>7919100
Thanks. It was far more than 2 or 3, though. The whole thread kinda blew up on it. It was strange.

>>7919103
Yeah, I realize that now, but jesus, it was hard being kicked when I was down at my lowest point.
Good for you, anon, just as long as you know your limits.

>> No.7919120

>>7919111
That's just pack mentality, but I wouldn't be surprised if it really was 2-3 just samefagging

>> No.7919128

>struggling to get my degree because of depression/shit mental health
>huge courseload, already had to drop a lecture, so I'll have to add another semester in order to get enough credit to graduate
>tight on money, suddenly tons of unexpected expenses
>suffer from binge-eating, gets worse when I'm stressed
>weight gain stresses me out even more

Life's been kinda rough lately. However, on another more /cgl/ note:

>holy graily dress up for auction
>can't resist, snap it up for a bargain

I'll have to sell some stuff to make up for it, but I don't regret a thing. I'm so happy and giddy for the first time in weeks.

>> No.7919142

>craving junk food for a week now
>social anxiety disorder makes it so I'd rather starve than go to the grocery store
>boyfriend usually does groceries but won't buy junk food for me
>cravings too strong, finally work up the courage to run to the store at a less busy moment
>feel like a boss
>a fat boss
>it doesn't taste nearly as good as I expected it to
>eat it all anyway
>no longer feel like a boss, just fat

At least it will take a few weeks to get over the disappointment and start craving that shit again, so I probably won't get too fat for my burando. Still, though. PROBLEMS

>> No.7919154
File: 77 KB, 545x649, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>try to convince my boyfriend to get more hours at work so we can move out together
>"I need to focus more on my cosplay"
>mfw

I love him to death, but he hasn't had a commission in forever, and we can't live off of my income alone. He only works ten hours a week.

>> No.7919197

>move to new city
>make friends with local cosplayers
>all they do is brag, name drop, and chase e-fame
>back to being a solo cosplayer

It wouldn't be so bad if they acted normal at least some of the time, but literally every conversation with any of them includes them promoting their page/newest videos or talking about how they recently got to work with so-and-so and acting shocked that I'm so "out of the loop" when I have no idea who the fuck they're talking about because, guess what, they aren't fucking famous and neither are you.

I just want some chill fucking friends to dress up and geek out with, not to join a circle jerk.

>> No.7919308
File: 76 KB, 404x894, alluka.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Two feels, one /cgl/ related, one only tangentially. Related feel first.

>Sort of want to get into Ouji
>Already have a few offbrand blouses that would work really well, but none of the fancy pants/vests/jackets
>Torn about whether I want to invest the money when I'm already cosplaying

It's sort of a first world problem, but I am genuintly very torn about it. I know after all these years that lolita isn't got me, but I have some ouji-esque outfits (they lean more dandy) that I wear when I feel particularly like dressing up, and I really enjoy it/people compliment me on them. But on the other hand, money.

Now the unrelated, longer feel.
>Go to a meetup for NaNoWriMo yesterday
>Behind on my wordcount so I'm trying really hard to catch up
>Group is really supportive and everyone is working really hard
>Group is also really nerdy, and brief chatbreaks lean towards a fandom/convention direction
>Mention cgl as a funny off-comment, some people giggle
>Dude sitting next to me goes "Do you go on 4chan?"
>Okay sure
>"Sometimes, I'm always on cgl though."
>"Oh I think 4chan is really cool"
>Why are we having this conversation
>"I go on /r9k/ and /pol/"
>Why are you admitting to this in public
>Laugh it off with something along the lines of "Oh well stop stalking my board then, we don't wanna be your kawaii girlfriends"
>He laughs
>Conversation is over
>Oh thank god

Later it was revealed that he's a "full time writer" with nothing published and no day job. He also shares what is right now my biggest fandom and is of the obnoxious sect that ignores the fact that one of the characters is a canonical trans*girl (pic related, it's the character, the only person who misgenders her intentionally is her eldest brother who in the show is basically the most evil person to still be alive). It's petty, but that is absolutely a hill I will die on when it comes to this show.
He ducked out of the meetup earlyish, and I really hope he doesn't come back. Nobody else really liked him.

>> No.7919317

>>7919308
*genuinely, learn to spell, me.

The other thing that bothered me about the whole thing is that he was like, 26? (I don't remember exactly) Which is way too old to still be in your "omg 4chan is so cool look at how much of a edgelord I am" phase. And seriously, why would you admit to going on /pol/ and /r9k/ in public unless it was directly relevant, those boards have terrible reputations.

>> No.7919327

One topic: The sexuality convo on the bad make-up thread. Why do people think that they can tell you how you should label yourself? I can't add to the thread because I'm poly homo--flexible...and let's face it, that sounds super "special snowflake". They can't even agree what pan and bi mean...:eye roll:: I just wish that people wouldn't assume that they know my life because of one label given.

>> No.7919336

>>7919327
>:eye roll:
I'm not normally the kind of person who whines about emoticons but if you're complaining about /cgl/ being unedumacated poopieheads maybe you can try to sound a little less like you're new here?

>> No.7919337

>>7919327
What on earth is homo-flexible?

>> No.7919343

>>7919337
I'm picturing a gay person who has really acrobatic sex.

>> No.7919353
File: 985 KB, 400x225, tumblr_n7dcf011Eq1qgx2zbo1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Depression spiraling downhill since friend died.
>Failing tests which makes me think of myself as a failure, so it keeps getting worse.
>Get a text from friends the other day telling me to switch rooms with them for a con since one of them is having problems with her alcoholic dad
>Okay that's fine whatever.
>Get a call from a friend saying they think I'm a psycho bitch alcoholic
>They think that because I cried at the Halloween party which was the one week anniversary of his death and then a party a fucking year ago.
>They've seen me drunk other times and know I'm normally a-okay (and also I really only drink at cons so)
>Mfw the only people who aren't angry at me are literally the only people who sat with me outside after I left the party so I wouldn't be a bother.
>And these failed tests are only going to prove them right that I can't do one of the things I wanted to do.
>Realize that one person who is actually having an alcohol dependency and getting violent didn't get kicked out of the room.
>Mfw they do this shit to me all the time.
>Even the two who sat with me realize that I'm just getting shit on.
>Realize I'm really fucking sick of pretending to be okay and that I just really want to be allowed to be depressed for a little while.

I with sometimes that I could just drop everyone else in the group aside from the two since everyone else doesn't really...actually give a shit about me. It's not like I talk about being depressed a lot either, but I mean-- my friend just killed himself. I want to be allowed to mourn and be upset.

>mfw even my dad is telling me to snap out of it.

>> No.7919355

>>7919353
Er, I should say the call was someone telling me the person who told me to switch rooms thinks I'm a psycho bitch alcoholic.

Sage because clarification

>> No.7919365

>>7919343
10/10 made me laugh

>> No.7919414

Sorry to offend, but yes I am new. Hey guess what? So were you at one time!

Homo-flexible: someone who perfers the same sex but can occasionally find sexual pleasure from the opposite sex. Once just thought of as bi, homo-flexible and hetero-flexible speaks to your primary preferred lover.

>> No.7919419

>>7919414
Fucking learn to respond please.

Also this is the most fucking bullshit I've ever seen. Homo-flexible isn't a fucking thing. It's called preferences, you tumblr tier retard.

No one needs these special snowflake definitions, nor do we need the thread to derial.

Now fucking leave.

>> No.7919421

>>7919414
So, bi.

>> No.7919436

OP here.
It's not about him liking my hobby, or enjoying it for the same reasons I do or me being pissy because of "material possessions" (which btw made no goddamned sense).

I've been improving my outlook on life and my self esteem slowly. I've been in a depressive state for quite some time, and now that I'm coming out of it, I'm starting to take better care of myself and just overall be more happy. I wear what I wear because it makes ME happy and I like it, so therefor, I've been wearing lolita a lot more, because I actually have the energy and want to take my time and do it right.

I thought my husband finding me more attractive was because of finding said self confidence and seeing me come out of this funk I've been in for years and overall being happier than I have been in years, and not just because of certain clothes. There's also more to it, but I'm pretty damn sure you guys will twist it to make it seem like I'm a huge bitch. Excuse the fuck out of me if I wanted to cut my story short.

Oh and I confronted him about it and he admited it.

>> No.7919444

>>7919414
As someone who is bi, I find this very fucking offensive and retarded.

You're making sexuality into a black an white issue, which it's not.

You are also implying there is some kind of attraction quota to fill, which is, again, retarded as fuck.

I have only been with mostly men my entire life, not because they're my ~preferred lover~ but because I've never had much chance to be with a girl since the ones I've liked were either taken or straight.

I also have different physical standards for the sexes I like, so I only occasionally find -both- sexes attractive, they are called preferences.

This shit is really pissing me off. People who make up this shit try to act like they think sexuality is grey and a floating scale, but then they try so hard to box everyone up in a nice little package, when blanket terms like bi make it much easier for people to understand the basics of what you mean without getting too detailed.

No one in the entire world can fit into something as fucking specific as homo-flexible.

>> No.7919453

>>7919436
Also, he ONLY seems to really want to fuck me if I'm in lolita, so there you go.

>> No.7919463
File: 4 KB, 126x114, 1329684401676.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7919414

>> No.7919472

>>7919436

You seem like a huge bitch, just from scanning by the thread. Maybe there's some explaination deeper in but fuck, I'm not sure why your significant other being sexually into you is supposed to be a problem.

Is having fetishes supposed to be some awful dirty thing?

>> No.7919475

>>7919436
I get you anon, and that sucks. You're not a bitch for wanting your significant other to be more supportive.

>> No.7919477

Really, bi is a blanket statement? You don't say?? Well how about we all call ourselves bi? I mean everyone *could* have sex with any gender...oh wait, maybe YOU'RE just bi, but don't assume that one term applies to everyone. You are one lazy fuck. Learn to be open to other people. You're truth is not my truth. Sorry, I find one sex more fitting into MY definition of sexual attraction than the other. That is a thing even if you fail to educate yourself about other people.

Awwwwww is my posting really bothering you? Then I will just HAVE to do it more often.

>> No.7919479

>>7919472
He's not sexually into her, he's sexually into the clothing. That's not a problem if you're just having casual fun but in a marriage? Ech.

>> No.7919481

>>7919477
Learn to quote you waste of flesh. Also learn the difference between your and you're.

>> No.7919483

>>7919477
top kek tumblr is the other way sweetie

>> No.7919485

>>7919477
You reek of tumblr. Honestly.
>See how much I don't care about you and your opinions? I wrote a paragraph to show you!
>Acting like you won makes you the winner, right?

>> No.7919489

>>7919477
Tumblr as fuck.

You are still bi, being bi just means being attacted to men and women, there is not any kind of quota you need to fill.

Being attracted to more men generally than women still means you are attracted to women. Being attracted to only a few women does not discount your attraction to some of them. No one is going to be balanced or whatever. It is still called being bi.

Stop trying to make a super special snowflake term that means the exact same thing as bi.

I am attracted to skinny and also chubby guys, but I hate chubby girls, that doesn't mean anything, it's called preferences, everyone has them.

>> No.7919491

>>7919154
>i need to focus more on my cosplay
>works ten hours a week
Anon, dump that manchild.

>> No.7919493

>>7919479
No you idiot that's not the issue at all. The issue is she wanted him to see lolita the way she wanted and how she sees it, but he is a separate being and sees it as a turn on. There is nothing wrong with that, but even in a marriage, there is something wrong with needing someone to see things your way when it's just a personal opinion.

I get being bummed out but being mad is silly.

>> No.7919497

>>7919493
She clarified that he only wants to fuck her in lolita now though. This could be really frustrating for multiple reasons. Not being sexually attractive enough on your own without the new fetish and staining the burando.

As with all things in a relationship though, communicate and be honest with your partner.

>> No.7919499

>>7919493
>he ONLY seems to really want to fuck me if I'm in lolita

>> No.7919502

>>7919499
>>7919497
Shit sorry, I didn't see that.

I still stand by most of what I said, it's his opinion that is fine for him to have. However it's not actually fine that he only is attracted to her in lolita now, I agree, and also think that maybe she needs to see a couple therapist since it seems like there is a different issue with him.

>> No.7919522

Oh I see, if you fall into an unusual category you must be tumblr. I haven't ever even been on tumblr. But whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Not quoting really pisses you off huh? Cool, not quoting it shall be.

>> No.7919529

>>7919522
>Not quoting really pisses you off huh?

I am not even in this convo, but quoting makes it so people actually know who you are talking to.

As far as I am concerned you're just talking to yourself right now like a madman.

>> No.7919539

>dreaming macaron skirt/headbow have been up for a great price on closetchild
>enough money to buy them now but want to save it now for the 11.11 sale

fuck timing! it's not like a dream piece if mine,but it would be nice to have, and for less than $100, but there is so much shit I plan on buying for 11.11 that I actually need for impending winter.

>> No.7919542

>>7919529
I have a feeling that's potsy but I'm not entirely sure

>> No.7919544

>>7919542
If they are, you're definitely going to get screamed at over how it's totally not them.

>> No.7919548

>>7919111
Anon I was here for that thread, and most people were just telling you to not be an idiot about it. Not to kill yourself.

Don't be a drama queen.

>> No.7919556
File: 37 KB, 400x447, 1312421977761.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I bought a wig off someone from Tumblr a few weeks ago and it still isn't here.
They said it got sent back to them and that they were going to send it out again, but I haven't heard from them since (I've sent them two messages since their last reply) and they've updated their blog.
I've been buying things online for six years now and I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've been scammed. What should I do? I don't want to call them out and start anything, because don't know if my messages just got eaten or something else.

>> No.7919563

>>7919556
Start a fucking paypal dispute, are you retarded?

>> No.7919564

>>7919556
Ask them if they saw your messages, if they ignore that as well then it's obvious they scammed you.

>> No.7919580

>>7919477

Hello, you seem to be new to 4chan. You might want to know that 4chan is very hostile to people it deems as outsiders in an effort to protect it's board culture! You would be well advised to lurk for a while and understand how things are done before posting. If you fuck up, simply back down, go back to lurking and try to understand what you did wrong. Thanks, and enjoy your stay!

>> No.7919581

>think making out with random girls during a con rave would make me feel better about myself
>come home
>realize I won't meet rave sluts and awkward con girls in my area, ever

soul crushing.

>> No.7919586

>>7919563
I'm spinelessly non confrontational, and kinda scared because that I might get a tumblr army on my ass
.>>7919564
How many more messages do you think its acceptable to send before I open a dispute?

>> No.7919587

>>7919353
So why don't you? Stop engaging with those people unless they reach out to you, I guess. And if they keep giving you shit or ask why you're aloof, just tell them they didn't seem to be very supportive for you when you were feeling depressed about your friend's suicide, so rather than be around people who made you feel worse or making them not like you, you'd rather just deal with it on your own terms. Or something, whatever makes them understand they're being dicks and drove you away.

>> No.7919595

>>7919502
>>7919493
You're so fucking stupid. I know this is dead, but I really wanted to point it out again. She NEVER said she wanted her husband to appreciate the clothes the way she does. She just said she felt good because she thought he was more attracted to her now that she found some confidence/happiness, but then was disappointed to find that no, it's just some fetish bullshit on his part. That does not equate to her wanting her husband to "see things her way". Your point is true but does not apply here. Learn to read and think a little before you reply in the future.

>> No.7919600

>>7919580

Thanks for understanding. I will take your advise to lurk for a bit longer. I was misinformed about this thread being not hostile. So thank you for your wisdom and imparting it in a way that was actually helpful.

>> No.7919605
File: 1.98 MB, 500x283, 018.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Have friend who also cosplays and goes to cons from work
>She starts off kind of chill, we get along because we both like Kpop, Lolita, JRPGS and animus
>Go to a few cons together, everything goes great until the end of last year into this summer
>Start planning cosplays for cons in the upcoming year
>She chooses other characters from the same things, even though she refuses to play the games or watch the series because she "doesn't like reading"
>She plans a shitload of intricate cosplays, and has no skill to make them. I start getting floods of Skype messages and Texts that say "Unniee~ sew this for mee T_T we have to cosplay togetherrrr"
>One time I cave and go to her apartment to "Help her sew something"
>She sits on the couch watching TV and eating while I'm at her sewing table working
>Every time I see her at work, without fail, she calls me "unnie-chan" and speaks broken Korean at me.
>She lies to customers and our boss and tells them that she's Japanese-Korean and can speak the languages fluently when she's actually Chinese
>She constantly looks down her nose at me for wearing classic because she's a "Gosurori Hime-chan" but constantly shows up to meets in horrible Milanoo-tier Ita messes
>I've gotten to the point where I moved my shifts around so that I avoid her

The worst thing about all this is that both her boyfriend and brother are cosplayers too. I've even suggested that she take sewing lessons or at least let one of us teach her the basics, but she says she "can't understand or remember anything". She doesn't even talk to her boyfriend anymore because she's always following me around.

At first, she had little habits that made me question her, but with this and other things she's done, she has evolved into a full-fledged horror story.

>> No.7919608

>>7918749
Tell your teachers your dad just got fired and it's put a lot of strain on you and see if you can retake the tests. I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately as well and then of course I had to get sick on top of it all and I was really struggling to finish assignments on time (plus I got 70% on two tests that I normally should have gotten a high B to an A on). I talked to my teachers and they were all understanding about it, so I got some extra time for everything.

>> No.7919610

>tfw your husband encourages you to make nerdy costumes and dice bags

my heart swells

>> No.7919613

>>7919581
Last thing you want to do is hook up with random rave sluts who've exchanged fluids with 10 other guys that same night.

>> No.7919617

>>7919586
open a dispute right now. don't close it until you receive your item

>> No.7919618

>>7919613
This. That's how I got mono.

>> No.7919620

>>7919600
>>7919580
Samefag as fuck.

>> No.7919621

>>7919060
I'd agree with you if he had something like a latex fetish or something, but lolita fetishists tend to be super into ageplay and while there's nothing wrong with consensual ageplay between two adults, most people who aren't into ageplay are REALLY grossed out by it. I used to be part of a couple of lolita fashion centric groups on Fetlife, but there's too many itas that are just into ageplay on there and I'd get the heebie-jeebies from posts too often.

>> No.7919622

>>7919621
Why are you just spouting shit out of your ass like that?

>> No.7919629
File: 60 KB, 618x618, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7919522
>>7919477

>> No.7919634

>>7919414
Nobody cares

>> No.7919635

>>7919308
Everybody misgenders Alluka and Nanika, Killua is the only one that respects that she's female. The Zoldyck family is dicks. By extension, "full time writer" is also dicks. I love Alluka, be a Killua and not an Illumi or Milluki.

>> No.7919637

>>7918726
it can be both for a guy just FYI

>> No.7919641

>>7919637
>ageplayer detected

>> No.7919646

>>7919414
Okay, but that's the exact same thing as being bisexual. You can have a preference when bi, you know? Sexuality is a spectrum, why do you have to make up ten thousand bullshit terms to classify every single aspect of it?

>> No.7919652

>>7919622
>cite personal experience
>spouting shit out of your ass
I'm guessing you're a lolita fetishist that hates ageplay? Sorry, but in my experiences with the lolita fetish community most of them are ageplayers. Not the lolita community, in case you misread, the lolita FETISH community.

>> No.7919667

I'm relapsing from my ED because of lolita.

>> No.7919674

>>7919608
Definitely do this, anon. Teachers understand that you're a person, and life sucks at times. In university, my mom went through rehab, and it put so much strain on me that I wound up missing a really important project deadline, but I spoke with my professor about it, and she was so understanding and kept checking with me for the rest of the semester to make sure I was okay.

>> No.7919677
File: 301 KB, 400x230, moe money.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tells myself I would move on from cosplay and just sell art in artist alley
>makes lots of cash at the end of the con
>tfw extreme urge to spend it all on cosplay

>> No.7919680

>>7919094
St. John's wort helps with depression about as much as Prozac would. If you're a more serious case, mental health clinics in poor areas often have a sliding scale cost based on income because many mentally ill patients don't have insurance.

>> No.7919688

>tfw beginner lolita
>tfw I make "coordinates" around my main pieces using regular blouses and tights, just so I can feel a little pretty
>tfw no petticoat or actual lolita attire aside from jsk and some heeled oxfords

I just want to have enough for a real coordinate already. I've been studying the fashion for 2 years now

>> No.7919692

>>7919688
Should mention that I don't go out or to comm meetings, I just wear it around my house for a few minutes

>> No.7919712

>Be in new relationship with previous best friend for four months now
>He just bought me my fourth dream dress from him even though I tell him to save his money
>Constantly brings me lunch and gives great emotional support
>Couple cosplays and wears EGA when I wear gothic lolita, he's very good at putting together coords
>have rough day, instantly feel better because of bf's support

Did I just luck out? I see so many seagulls with abusive/awkward boyfriends. Mine cares about my well being and likes to get involved in my hobbies, yet I know so many lolitas dating mediocre guys who wear nothing but crappy sweat pants and fishing Ts. I've always had crushes on more feminine men despite not being in high school anymore, maybe that has something to do with it.

>> No.7919733

>>7919712
Just be happy anon.

People tend to talk about their relantionships when they go bad. I'm sure lots of lolis have good, but super mundane relantionships and don't feel the need to talk so much about them as their lives are to others nothing special

>> No.7919743

>>7919733
That's a good point. However, I have met a lot of lolitas face to face as well as their boyfriends/husbands and over half of them are the sweat pants wearing type that stay home playing WoW all day every day. I guess I shouldn't be judgmental but I don't understand how anybody could date greasy, lazy trash.

>> No.7919745

>>7919712
My husband is incredibly supportive of lolita. He's constantly trying to throw money at me to buy new dresses, especially because I'm frugal and usually hem and haw for an eternity before any big purchase. He wants to dress in aristocrat for big meet ups although we're still working on building a good wardrobe for him since he's tall and muscular rather than a slim Asian build. We have other niche hobbies in common, like cosplay and model building, which I think might be why he's so open to the idea other non-normalfag stuff. I think that young lolitas/cosplayers might have a harder time finding supportive partners because they have less experience in general and don't understand how important it is to have similar interests. But congratulations anon! Sounds like you found a winner, hold on to him tight!

>> No.7919747

>>7918726
So what if you dressing in lolita clothes is his fetish? I assume he was plowing your folds like a madman, and not some other woman (or underaged girl). Also, most people know the difference between a fantasy and reality. One of the top sexual fantasies for women is getting raped, but most of them know that it would be a very bad idea in reality. I assume the same of your SO, that he finds the idea of 'corrupting'/dominating something 'pure' and 'innocent' but knows it would be a retarded idea to go after <14 yo grills.

>> No.7919778

>>7919635
I know right, I just, ugh, even the wiki gets it wrong and I'm super upset about it. (Also, don't be a Silva, who refers to her as 'it'. Just. No.)

New feel
>Why is every fucking thread on cgl nowadays hijacked by sexuality bullshit
>I'm a lesbian and I'm so fucking done with hearing this nonsense

>> No.7919782

>>7919605
if you were a guy youd be super beta as fuck
otherwise youre still a pushover and you should pretend to be really busy and shit

>> No.7919801
File: 14 KB, 360x360, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7918726
Lolita is slowly turning me rotten from the inside out. At first I couldn't handle things because I lacked confidence, and now I can no longer handle them because I'm running out of patience for the same crap all the time. I'm worried I will never again be a person with a lot of understanding and patience, and I really liked that in myself, espeically since I can be annoying and clueless too. In the beginning I was all:
>Actually it's a fashion, but thank you, I'm glad you like it!
>Sorry no, I'm not interested, I think you have the wrong impression and it actually makes me extremely uncomfortable.
>Yeah, it's brand, but there's no need to be jelly or say you don't deserve to stand near me? I still wear bodyline too and it took me a long while to eventually save up for brand items, you can to anon!
But now it's all
>Not a costume, not a princess, go away.
>Not remotely interested, fuck off.
>I don't do squealing, flailing, or touching. Control yourself.

I'll just go be short fuse chan in the corner.

>> No.7919811

>>7919801
I honestly think that's part of getting older, frankly. When I was younger, I also lacked confidence and I think tried to make up for any self-perceived incompetence by being as kind and patient as possible with everyone. Now that I've got some self-esteem and am in my mid-twenties, I absolutely don't want to put up with people's stupidity, especially if they're my age and acting like spastics or lack the social awareness to tell that I'm uncomfortable, which is not a secret as my facial expressions give away everything I'm feeling. I guess I try not to snap at people younger than me if they're excitable/curious as long as they aren't causing a scene, but don't feel too bad for not having the time to do the same overly polite rundown with people over and over. And I'm even into lolita, I'm just a former shy sweetie turned curmudgeon.

>> No.7919813

>>7919778
cgl is absolutely obsessed with sex. You can hardly walk into any thread that doesn't have some type of sexual discussion. In other words, yes, I'm annoyed and sick and tired of hearing about sex-related things.

>> No.7919819

>>7919801
This is just the end result of having to deal with a parade of idiots, lolita or not. Why should it be up to only you to have endless patience?

>> No.7919831

>>7919811
I'm still nice to everyone but the moment someone starts yanking my chain I turn into a nasty banterlord cuntrag and I'm worried it makes people think I'm two-faced or just faking being nice when that isn't the case.
With the opposite sex especially, some men just seem to have a problem with vaginas or something and I work in an environment where girls get picked on for being girls cause the guys are immature dickbags. At first I was upset, then I just started yelling at them, then I realised they're nonces who run away as soon as you confront them because they prey on the meek and "nice" girls who think it's "unladylike" to tell someone to go climb a wall of dicks when they're harassing you.
Same goes for SJWs, I used to give a shit what everyone thinks and whether I'll be offending someone but after realising no matter what I do they'd find something to nitpick, I stopped giving a shit.
I'm just scared my friends don't think I'm naturally mean to people who have don't nothing wrong.

>> No.7919845

>move in with male roommate
>thought he might be cool because he had shit like indie movies and the entire manga of Berserk
>turns out to be holier than thou and a complete obese slob who talks down to me all the time
>he doesn't have friends and hasn't made any new ones since he's a complete asshole
>just stays up in his disgusting room all day
He'll do really stupid/disgusting shit like:
>using my dishes/rice bowls and leaving them in his room with rotten food for days
He doesn't use his own dishwares because they're heavy and impractical. So if I find dishes missing they're usually in his room with a rotten apple/chicken carcass crammed inside.
>using my expensive extra virgin olive oils to fry his food thinking it would be "healthier," almost setting the kitchen on fire, and replaces my oil with the cheapest fake stuff
He unironically calls himself a "man of science" but then he'll go do shit like use extra virgin olive oil for frying...which kills me because I have cheap frying oil available not a cupboard away.
>gets food/grease spatters all over the stove and burners and then wonders why it smells like burning shit
>didn't how to use the electric can opener in our kitchen
The other day he asked me how to use it because I had brought up the manual can opener to pry a beer open for me and my bf.
>gets startled if he walks into the apartment and finds me sitting or standing, as if he doesn't expect someone else has lived here for the past few months
>doesn't clean up after himself unless I leave him a sticky note with a cleaning schedule
>leaves his shave stubble all over the bathroom sink

What I hate most is when I talk to my pet in my room, and he intrudes in and suggests in some condescending tone that I'm "talking to myself,"
>"HURRDURR R U TALKING TO URSELF XD"
>"No I'm talking to my pet...."
>"HORKDORFF THAT'S WUT I MEAN XD"

I mean, at least I have things and people to talk to unlike him. What an insufferable faggot.

>> No.7919858

>Only one who dresses up at cons (cosplay or Lolita)
>tell everyone ahead of time how long it will take for me to get ready and when I'll need the bathroom
>tell them to go ahead and leave if I'm taking too long or they have a panel/event to be at
>they stay behind in room sighing and talking about how long it's taking me
>tell other people they meet that they missed out on _____ because I was still getting ready
>make comments about how I "have to look perfect" and "better than everyone else"
>mfw I only go to 2 cons a year, damn right I'm gunna look my best.
>mfw they rush me despite me telling them to go, I don't want to hold them back
I've decided not to go to conventions with this group anymore, they make me feel like I'm being a prissy bitch when I know I'm not. I'm so tired of hearing "Oh I really wanted to see ____ but Anon was STILL getting ready" Bitches I told you to go ahead, we weren't even going to the same panel

>> No.7919862

>>7919845
I never got the big deal about talking to yourself anyway. Doesn't everybody do it?

>> No.7919873

>>7919414

Are you sure you're not a snowflake.

>> No.7919874

>>7919811
>>7919819
Thanks anons, I think you may be on to something. I've just always felt that the onus to remain polite and understanding was on me since I was the one who chose to stand out in the first place, or am seen as a representative of the fashion, but it gets exhausting after a while. I just hope that if I snap, it's reasonable snapping at people who ought to know better than to grab you by the elbow to ask you 20 questions, and not yelling at some curious kid who idolizes lolita and just wanted to know if I am going to the next event.

>> No.7919879

>>7919845
I have pretty much the opposite experience happening right now, sorry for your lots.

>> No.7919883

>>7919845
>using my expensive extra virgin olive oils to fry his food thinking it would be "healthier"

HAHA, holy fucking shit, this retard is gonna die.

>> No.7919888

>>7919858
Whatta buncha bitches

>> No.7919889

>>7919879
You're the annoying shitbag roommate? Shape up, anon.

>> No.7919893

>>7919620

>He doesn't know how to check for samefag

>> No.7919907

>>7919889
No, I mean I have an awesome as fuck roommate, not that I'm the opposite. I'm actually cleaner than he is, but he's not a fucking shit head.

>> No.7919931

One of my besties is a landwhale that doesn't shower as often as she should and thinks dyeing your hair for characters with unnatural hair colors is totally acceptable.

She's so sweet but holy shit I just want her to stop eating so much junk food and take a god damn shower.

>> No.7919959

>>7919782
I know, I'm a pushover and it's awful. I talked to her brother about it and we agreed to sit her down and tell her to get her shit together.

>> No.7919986
File: 563 KB, 245x225, 1412376577281.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Brother wants to cosplay with me
>Chooses a series we both love
>We pick characters that we both like and can pull off well
>Characters are never romantically involved, but I discover through online fandom that they are a popular ship
>we've both sunk about $100 each into these cosplays, and they're not even done yet
>Scared of nerds begging for fan service and creeping out my brother (he's never been to a con)

Did I make a huge mistake??

>> No.7920011

>>7919986
I don't think so.

Think of it this way, there are online fandoms that pair characters together that are sworn enemies too. Basically any character can be paired with another, no matter what, logic and canon be damned. You and your brother could be cosplaying any characters, even from different sources, and still it could be someone or some group's weird OTP.

If people get all weird, just politely decline and move on.

>> No.7920014

>>7919986
Tell him beforehand that people at cons can be weird, and work out a strategy for brushing off people making weird requests

You don't have to go into the specifics about the ship, but at least give him an idea of what may be expected

>> No.7920025
File: 418 KB, 160x260, 1394200693128.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>birthday is coming up very soon
>want to throw a party or something, but I'm in a new school where only a few people know me
>am scared no one will show up and I'll feel like shit
Should I just invite some friends to hang out at the beach, marathon some shows and/or go shopping?

>> No.7920098

>tfw just kissed the girl I've liked for a while
>tfw she just got out of a relationship so at the same time I feel like some shitty second choice
>tfw I've never been in a relationship so I don't know how to feel
>tfw if we dated I don't think she'd play video games with me or go to conventions or cosplay with me
I like her, but I don't know how to feel ;-;

>> No.7920115

>>7920098
Be good to her and stick with it. Enjoy the ride, my friend.

>> No.7920151

>>7919845
>rooming with obese people
>rooming with unhygienic people
>rooming with elitists
>rooming with poorfags

>> No.7920167

I can't sleep during the night and i'm tired all day. I work evenings so somehow i pull it together for work. I'm a chronic messy person/hoarder who collects stuff just because i like it. I work so much (2 professional jobs) that I rarely have time for meets. Icing on the cake is that my Boyfriend/Best Friend is away at school for 3-6 months at at time. Most of my friends are turning into assholes or "accidental" users so i'm slowly approaching Lone Lolita status. No one likes to feel like a doormat. Also, I live at home. No room for my frills. I sound like a pathetic privileged kid but i've worked for everything i have and no one understands the pressure.

>> No.7920239
File: 500 KB, 846x479, ok.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>last year finally getting life together, starting to cosplay, go to all these cons, travel by myself, meet people

>Finally have a group of friends for the first time in my life that I felt liked me and that we had something genuine, constantly doing things for them, paying for everything for them, all the time but whatever i was making shit tons working under the table

>treat me kind of badly at times, but self esteem level 0 so I went along with it, say things like "when I move we probably won't be close anymore and eventually not friends" (is moving 45 minutes away), slowly treat me worse and worse

>bought and made some really nice cosplays, and burando but never wore them out or anything due to really bad body image

>lose job, have a bit of savings but most of it was me saving up for school

>horrifically depressed

>use remaining amount of money to make the upcoming con really great for everybody, agreed to pay for one person before losing my job and go through with it anyway

>owe money (less than 100) to one friend. They now hate me. regardless of the fact ive spent 500 plus on them an their s/o

>> No.7920248
File: 183 KB, 683x1024, ugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

continued from >>7920239

>con goes amazingly, have a great time, get with s/o, havent dated or liked anybody like this before

>everything is changing and looking up. Have all these friends now who are great, fewer than I used to but amazing people. Only like 2 local to me.

>working again, two jobs actually, night and day. never sleep. Also taking classes. Only see friends on the weekends really. Still catching up financially.

>Even though theres all this happiness in my life I never had before, anxiety and panic is becoming severe, constantly in a state of depersonalization

>Can't focus on anything, scared, having 20+ anxiety attacks a day, one of my jobs is shit, so behind on school, not eating, either sleeping 14+ hours or not at all, nothing excites me anymore, losing weight, never get to see my friends, s/o lives 2 1/2 hours away

>trying slowly to get back into the con scene, and my hobbies. just got a new gym membership, looking for other jobs to replace shitty one, got a car, learning to drive, started going to therapy, taking psych meds that help (barely) with anxiety

>I'll figure this shit out eventually, right? I'll meet some more friends into my hobby, I'll get excited about things and stuff again?

>tfw you don't know tfw

>tfw about to work 10pm to 6am and look around and think you'll end up like the people around you

>> No.7920256

Feeling kind of lonely and have had success with this in the past
Just want some buds who share my interests
send me an email and we can exchange fb/skype/cells/ and we can bullshit and stuff
18/PA sometimes NY but I travel all over

>> No.7920257

>>7920256
woops 4chan dropped my email

>> No.7920308

>seriously lying in bed crying because Naruto is ending

Shit man I was such a Narutard, I grew up with this show and now it's just gonna be over like that.
I feel like a loser.

>> No.7920320

>>7920248
I'm sorry you're having such a tough time anon. Don't neglect your health and coursework for jobs, either take out a student loan if you have to, or take a break from school. Once you actually burn out, it'll take more time to recover than slowing down a bit.

>> No.7920358
File: 783 KB, 500x280, tumblr_m2pbuqrwye1r8k00ro1_r1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm starting to have to admit to myself I've developed a binge eating disorder.
When I was around 12 I was anorexic and dropped 40+lbs in a few months time. I've been steadily gaining all that weight back over the years and I've hated every pound.
Every time I overeat I realize what I'm doing to myself but I can't stop.
I'm never going to be pretty, just get fatter.

>> No.7920377

I'm going to a con this weekend and i'm making a last minute cosplay because i didn't expected to attend untill a few weeks ago when i was asked to judge a contest. and dont want to repeat any old cosplay.

>have spent much more than the initial budget

>broke med student and have class 8am

>4:30am here and i can get no sleep because I feel like I should be finishing the cosplay

>> No.7920383

>>7918836
Damn, are you me, anon?

>> No.7920385

I had an IUD inserted a couple of months ago to help with dysmenhorra and other issues. My brand blouses and non-shirred pieces have been a little tight lately. I checked my measurements this morning and my bust increased by 10cm and my waist by 6cm. No wonder everything is a little tight...I'm feeling pretty bad to be honest.

>> No.7920410

>>7919667
Stay strong anon. If you don't eat you could die and then you can't wear lolita any more

>> No.7920419

>>7920308
Iktf

>> No.7920426
File: 126 KB, 595x842, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7920308
Play Persona 3 and 4. They'll give you something else to cry about.

>> No.7920441

Girl at school with a mustache and unibrow combo keeps making snide comments about my outfits even though she clearly can't dress herself. She's really clingy and keeps insisting that we're best friends when its really taking all my self control not to snap at her.

>> No.7920445

>>7920441
How can she claim to be best friends while making snide comments? These are not mutually agreeable actions.

Why not tell her to fuck off?

>> No.7920452

>>7920445
I don't have a backbone. And on the rare occasions I do talk back, most people think I'm joking.

>> No.7920473

>>7920452
Sorry. I thought the reasoning would be something along the lines of needing to get along with her for career/networking purposes or mutual friends but this really sucks.

You can try dodging her passively by ignoring texts/calls and generally avoiding her if it's possible with your given classes.

>> No.7920483

I am super stingy about money right now. It isn't that I'm necessarily broke or poor, but I just want to make sure ALL of my purchases are justifiable. Like, if I'd get my money's worth. I've held off on buying anything cosplay related unless I know for SURE that I'd use it, and then I'd have to plan on when I'm going to cons, which cons, how much that would cost, and so on.

What's the point of all this anyway? I wear outfits that could cost up to a few hundred bucks for a day or two at most and never wear it again for a long while, and for what? What is there to gain from this? Enjoyment? That's fleeting. Sure, I could enjoy it for a day or two, and while I'd know I enjoy it, that'll just fade away after a while. Friendship? I've never made any lasting friendships from cons. I'm just going to end up bitter either way, so why should I be bitter with an emptier wallet?

>> No.7920488

>>7920483
Hey now that you put it this way, I'm questioning spending money on my next costume. Was ready to drop $200 on the costume, but I could totally just buy a brand dress instead that I'd probably wear more. Shit.

>> No.7920515

>>7918961
I think they're just busy? It took two weeks before my package from BL finally got to Canada/updated that it's now in my city

>> No.7920542

I feel so stupid because I realized I want to be cosfamous.
But not even "famous". I just want to have friends in the scene, and being just slightly known would be nice. I'm acquaintances with some girls who have cosplay pages with anywhere from a couple hundred likes to a couple thousand, and I'm so jealous. I would love if people liked my cosplays that much.
It's so stupid and I feel really shallow, but I would like to be known for my cosplay, and being a "pretty cosplayer", and I think this is the driving force behind me wanting to improve, besides my own satisfaction with my work.
I just feel so embarrassed admitting it, and I don't want to tell anyone.

>> No.7920604

>>7920542
I had a cosplay page once and I had like 1000 likes but it was all just like creepy guys. I deleted it, I would rather share my costumes and coords with my friends who actually appreciate them than random guys who are probably using it as fap material.

>> No.7920667

>Is fat and ugly
>would still be ugly even if "skinny"
>loves lolita, but despite best attempts still looks ita since.... you know being ugly makes me instaita
>hates live, family, mental problems that make trusting anyone difficult
>no motivation or talents
>no chance at a good future so why keep going
>tried to kill self year ago and failed
>too much of coward to try again at more foolproof way
>self destructive behavior grows and now I live on this site and hurt myself.
>horrified and wont post pictures of self online or have others take picture at events due to fear to being posted somewhere again.
>feels like I lie to my friend for living lolita through her, for she is cute and small. Also only friend whom I trust without suspicion.
>secretly wishes tech in "The Uglies" was real so everyone could be beautiful or not based on choice not on.. others
>wishes I had another's life, a beautiful small girl's life not the monster life I have now.

I hate myself for being alive still, I wish someone could murder me horridly and people would laugh and rejoice at my death. For being as ugly and monstrous, I surely deserve it.

>> No.7920670

>>7920667
I don't think there's anybody ugly enough in the world to deserve having such little self-esteem.

>> No.7920675

>>7920667

Anon , we can be ugly together...I'm so sorry you feel this way hnn

>> No.7920679

>>7920667
Anon, you are definitely depressed and just trapped in negative thought patterns about yourself. Please get help.

>> No.7920683

>>7920679
I tried once, but the gov program dropped me after throwing pills at me that made me sick and one therapy session. I got dropped when funds were low and they couldn't have those without insurance anymore. I live in the us so... yeah I'm screwed no matter what. I just don't see the point in sticking around, but too much of a coward to do it again. I have no motivation or hope.

>> No.7920692

>>7920667
>>7920683
tell your friend. good friends are really fucking important when you're depressed
at least TRY to get into therapy again, as someone who was severely depressed, therapy changed my life.

>young people being suicidal
>government does fuck all, healthcare is for the weak lolz!1
must contain... americlap rage...

>> No.7920694

>>7920692
Fucking this.

I am poor as shit, live in MA, with our healthcare pretty much anyone who was poor got in free immediately, ever since the nationally mandated one, you can only get insurance at specific times, and it's not available now so I am fucked.

>> No.7920714

>>7920694
It's available in a few days though, isn't it? Like less than two weeks?

>> No.7920736
File: 406 KB, 500x500, steam 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Been feeling like shit for the past weeks
>Lose all ambition to cosplay
>Shut myself in and watch anime and play games to escape the realization that I hate myself
>Friend recommends that I watch Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Binge watch it in 1 day
>I don't feel any hatred for myself anymore
>I actually feel happy for once in a while

I don't care if anyone calls me a faggot for being inspired by an anime, I feel better now.

>> No.7920739

>>7920714
It is, but I didn't have it all year and I ended up having to wait 2 months to remove my infected wisdom teeth since I couldn't save up.

>> No.7920740

>>7920683
Hey, anon? You're never as ugly as you think you are. I know it's hard, but try to look on the bright side of things and talk with your friend about it. Your friend loves you and will always be there for you so don't get discouraged. It can only get better from here on out.

>> No.7920746

>>7920736
Same, anon, same. Evangelion is really inspiring

>> No.7920765

>is the happy lolita of the comm
>consistently having horrible depression
>caught a cold on top of everything
>still trying to make all the meets

My comm makes me feel just a little better but my health is trying to tell me to get better. I don't want to stew in my own sadness, I want frills and pork buns. I don't even use it as escapism, I just feel happier when I'm not home.

>> No.7920775

>>7920740
If I've learned anything in life it is that I am uglier than how I think I am. I'm not allowed to even think one photo of me is even alright or meh, it is a ugly thing that I am. I will not try to be tricked into thinking I'm okayish just to be lashed into submission again.

>> No.7920790

>>7920775
you can be ugly and awesome lol
you probably have cool hobbies, otherwise you wouldn't frequent /cgl/
>I am uglier than how I think I am
sounds like there are a lot of insecure bicthes/enablers around you trying to bring you down. don't believe everything other people say

>> No.7920817

>>7920736

>People actually understanding Eva

It's so nice not to be surrounded by 100% absolute retards

I was at a con this weekend and there were people talking about how incomprehensible it was and just

fuck

learn to read, you shits

>> No.7920833
File: 26 KB, 685x382, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>join stupid community cosplay group
>start to crush on the only single male cosplayer that isn't a weeb or a neckbeard
>I guess you can say he likes me
>but only in a friendly way
>pretty much we're not compatible to have a relationship
>I feel great complimenting him, talking to him, finally having somewhat of a friend
>crush develops even more, pls donut make me fall in love
>don't want to ruin the friendship
>group decides to visit con 5 hours away
>sit next to him on car ride there
>use any chance I can to rub my arm against him
>tfw whole car ride there was just me wanting to hold his hand
>you can tell he's just a stupid guy who doesn't understand signals
>or he just doesn't like me like that
>going to ask him on Monday if I can take pictures of one of his cosplays
>too scared to ask but I guess you could consider it a date
>just me and him
>taking pics of him
>him in a cosplay
>I don't want to be in love
>but I keep digging my hole deeper

>> No.7920844
File: 91 KB, 400x400, Steam.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7920746
>>7920817
I might be interpreting it wrong, but here's what I got from it.

I can't hate myself and seek the acceptance from others, believing that it will bring me peace. People are going to think of me any way they choose, but how I think of myself truly defines who I am.

What do you think?

>> No.7920863

>boyfriend is learning about cosplay an lolita
>knew of them before. Now he's learning about what goes into them
>he's a big scary resting bitchface guy but wants to join me in both activities
>he's supportive all the way through and is excited for his first con not as press.
>be me and want to wear lolita because I rarely feel comfortable in girly clothing
>bf wants me to be friendly with other Lolita's because "that's what they do"
>avoid at all costs. I don't like being social and the local comm has a rep I'm not fond of.
>want to wear lolita to a con but I'm nervous about getting non remove able stains on any part of my tiny wardrobe
>social loathing intensifies

>> No.7920864

>>7920736
Same anon, I'm glad to hear it got through to you. I recommended Evangelion followed by End Of Evangelion to my brother after he finished E.O.E it messed him up a bit and he was in quite a bad place mentally whilst on the other hand I adore it and it's one of my favourite movies..I felt pretty bad though.

>> No.7920908

>>7920844
Different anon, but pretty much spot-on. I think, at least. The message applies to many characters and is a really important lesson that I'm still trying to learn.

>>7920817
I appreciate the few chances i get to discuss it with people who actually gave it a chance and put thought into it. I cosplayed Eva last weekend, and it was so obnoxious. Between responses of "yeah I didn't really get it lol" and "Eva's super overrated and pretentious your taste is shit get in the robot shinji lol", I gave up any hope of discussing it with anyone.

>> No.7920922

>>7920864
E.O.E. messed me up pretty bad too, but in a good way, kind of? It really made me consider life in a different way.

>> No.7920947

>>7919613
>not putting your seed in her juice cocktail

Just never kiss whores or eat them out, plows only.

>> No.7920948

I come here to try to get inspiration to dress in my cute clothes again and maybe encourage myself to improve my sewing to make more cosplay.

Doesn't work, i stopped all of it because
>Gained weight
>depression
>no friends
>stupid af eye

I'm basically so self-conscious about everything.

I have been able to keep my emotions in check for almost a year now after being hospitalized. Though slowly I can feel it becoming more and more difficult to keep it together.
I have lost interest in everything, in most my hobbies, I'm not becoming a normalfag either because nothing normal interest me either. It's like permanently being bored with everything around you.

ALSO, I've been thinking lately about plastic surgery. One of my eyelids are really droopy while the other one is fine. I've been using eyelid tape to help with it a bit but, all it has done is made me notice it more.

Its droopy enough that I only need to use one of the tape things.

I just want to wear all my cute shit I use to wear. Even though I was depressed before, dressing up in my outfits, doing my make up, and generally just looking good made my day a bit more exciting

Last thing i need to get out. Both of my parents are pretty ill. It scares me alot thinking what if something happens to both of them. I'm a NEET with agoraphobia, recently got out of being a plain out hikakomori, how the hell will I make it on my own? I mean I'd have to but... This is all too stressful, I'm afraid of it getting to me and I end up doing something stupid.

>> No.7920957

I've been kinda feeling pathertic and depressed over the fact that basically nothing makes me happy now except maybe lolita. I used to love drawing and cosplaying, but now that I've lost the motivation for both, they're more bothersome than anything. Of course shit had to happen anyways

>someone selling a dream dress of mine for relatively cheap
>manage to nab it, person responds quickly, I pay and all that good stuff
>really excited
>seller tells me that it'll come in a week
>wait what
>apparently decided to used standard instead priority
>well whatever, just a longer wait
>one week later, still no package
>start to panic because tracking says it's delivered
>confused because was home all day when it was supposedly delivered but didn't hear a knock or anything
>desperately ask post office multiple times and neighbors to see if it was just misplaced
>at this point pretty sure someone probably stole it
>Apparently seller also didn't put insurance
>try to contain anger and sadness
>politely asks if they would understand and just give me back half of the money
>refuses and tells me none of it was their responsibility even though they were the ones couldn't be assed to spend a few extra bucks on insurance and/or priority
>paypal can't do shit

Fuck man I just wanted a dress so that I cheer myself up and now greedy b won't give me back even part of it so that I could look for something else. Who that fuck uses Standard shipping anyways? Also thought it was common sense to put insurance on stuff like this, it's literally would've only cost less than 4 bucks and I paid them a decent total amount over their min asking price to cover for that shit.

Local USPS office was just as unhelpful as always too.
>call to tell them that they should remind their carriers to knock and/or leave a redeliver slip
>Head of local office tells me that it's my fault and should put a note on the mailbox with these instructions
>even though they should already be doing that anyways

>> No.7920967

Feel like a really mediocre lolita.
I feel cute when I put it on and check myself out in the mirror but then I see other people's coords online and in my comm. In comparison what I'm wearing feels really lacking.

I dunno. Maybe it's because OTT classic is really trending and my style is pretty basic bitch but I've never really felt so affected by a trend before.

>> No.7920979

>have close friend
>complete opposite body type and personality
>hang out
>alternates between talking about how bothersome her big boobs are or how she loves big boobs on hot girls... if they have small boobs, it's a disappointment
>the topic of her being a "gamer girl" pops up and how guys are so surprised to find out she likes vidya and animu
>complains how "boys are stupid" like we're still in HS (we're college-age)

Literally every time. I don't even know why she always brings the same topics up, it's not like I don't already like her. Who is she trying to impress? I'd kill for this girl, but sometimes she makes me cringe so hard. I think she is so stuck on the ideal female gamer stereotype that she tries to fulfill each criteria. She's great otherwise, but I can't find myself talking about more serious matters with her.

>that feel when you want female friends with similar interests but all you get are weaboos or gamer grills

>> No.7920983

>>7920979
Have you pointed this out to her? If friends bring up tired topics I'll usually mention that they've brought it up multiple times before. They'll do the same to me as well, which helps keep me in check for shit I have a habit of rehashing.

It's far more constructive for everyone to move forward onto new topics of conversation that way.

>> No.7920991

>>7919845
>thought he might be cool because he had shit like indie movies and the entire manga of Berserk
>turns out to be holier than thou and a complete obese slob who talks down to me all the time
Sounds like the average Berserk fan alright. I love that manga to death but holy shit the fandom. Holy shit.

>> No.7921073

>>7920957
Did you pay for tracked shipping and insurance?

>> No.7921121
File: 936 KB, 500x283, 654bcc86-5cdf-4ad3-8c90-febdf4ae7.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7920358
This. I've given up.

>> No.7921125

My girlfriend self harms and she said she was going to do something horrible to herself about 15 mins ago shes not answering the phone what do I do

>> No.7921130

>>7921125
run to her place u beta faggot.

>> No.7921131

>>7921130
We are in two different countries at the moment (student exchange)

>> No.7921133

>>7921131
Then mail her parents/close friends. You don't want her to die right ?

>> No.7921135

>>7921133
No no but her parents won't pick up the phone and she doesn't have other close friends I am freaking out

>> No.7921136

Making a group and literally taking in anyone that is up for cosplaying it. End up getting the fussiest bitch which at first I was too nice to kick out. In the end I kicked out. Never again.

>> No.7921142

>Fell into depression 5 years ago.
>Finally get help, start to get better.
>Brother starts to have mood swings and fits of rage.
>Tells me that he no longer can keep it together because he doesn't have a have a reason to be "strong" because I'm better and no longer fall apart at everything.
>He refuses to see help.
>A gun owner and conspiracy theorist, so he thinks the government is going to take his guns away if he gets help.
>I've called the crisis hotline before because I was afraid he would hurt himself. He's never threatened anyone else before.
>He hates jfashion and cosplay because it stands out and is different. Paranoia?
>This is sending me back into depression because he seems to want to drag me back down.

>> No.7921144

>>7920844

That exactly what I got out of it. One of the things that makes Eva great to me is that they didn't just tell me that, either, they showed a long sequence of Shinji's realization of this, his misgivings about it and about other people etc.

>> No.7921149

>>7921135
Managed to get her mother on the phone I don’t know if this will help

>> No.7921150

>school sucks, almost all classmates are awful and judgemental
>teacher always makes fun of me in front of everyone if I fail and never recognizes my accomplishments
>have some absences because of illness but people dub it as me ditching classes
>my only hope is my two classmates, one of which likes anime and cosplay things too
>cosplay is one of the few things that keep me sane
>yesterday got wonderful news for our cosplay group
>happy about it
>the next day feel like throwing up, not going to school then
>a very angry call from my teacher
>she thinks I'm ditching school to sleep and demands me to get there
>do so while being very upset and very very close to throwing up of fear

In the end, I felt so bad I hid from my classmates and couldn't attend classes and I just cried the whole afternoon in my school psychologist's office how I hate my class and how I want to quit school right now. And apparently my teacher called me while my classmates were next to her listening, according to my friend. Right now I'm planning things for my cosplay group and blasting idol songs which makes me feel a lot better.

>> No.7921151

>>7921150
Your teacher is a huge mass of shit. Anything you can do like report them or something?

>> No.7921155

>>7921142
It's the hardest thing in the world to hear, but you have to take care of yourself and others second. I've been suffering from PTSD and symptoms of depression for several years and that's what my therapist told me. Don't let your brother drag you down, anon. It's one thing if he's scared, and I understand doing your best to take care of him where you can, but please, please, don't let him hurt your progress.

>> No.7921156

>>7921150

Small town school?

>> No.7921157

How many chances would you give a con friend to fuck up before just kicking them out of your panels? She's really nice and I'm a sucker for nice folks, but we went through some serious shit with her and I gave her two years worth of chances. I'm just wondering how many you guys would have given them, or where you would have stopped.

>first panel had a giveaway, didn't plan well for it; I spent around $75 trying to fix it so people wouldn't hate the group, got reimbursed around $30 nearly a year later
>forced to hold auditions for a panel, she doesn't even help with them, half the people who wanted the auditions didn't even send in forms and she was okay with this
>doesn't keep the con staff informed on changes to panels so it ends up on my shoulders
>doesn't show up to a rehearsal, has to be found by others and physically dragged to meeting spot
>late to one panel
>signs people up for panels without making sure they are going / want to help
>leaves home so late during another panel she ends up not making it to the con in time, thankfully I took charge so the panel went on without her

>> No.7921169

>>7921150
Is there some way you can get a medical accommodation for your illness so that your teachers can't fuck with you? Many schools have a disability program to help cover students who miss class due to illness so they don't get penalized.

>> No.7921171

>>7921157

It sounds like she's not really involved in the first place

Make it a three-person panel and just secretly plan for her to not show up or be a part of it.

>> No.7921173

>>7921151

I know it sounds weird but I know she does it because she cares about me, but I don't like that I always get to be the laughingstock for making the mistakes others do, too. I just want to have a long talk with her about it and my school psychologist supports the idea. She called me just now and seemed pretty apologetic about her being so angry to me. I'm just fed up with being treated like a retard even when I'm trying my best despite my difficulties.

>>7921156

It's actually a college here (not 'murrican), a beautician school. It apparently attracts some very bitchy people.

>> No.7921175

>>7921173

Huh. I just couldn't see anyone who was actually professional doing anything like that, it's kind of baffling to me.

>> No.7921182

>>7921171
That sounds like a good idea. We're thinking of just erasing her role altogether and not telling her about it. Think that might be doable?

>> No.7921196

>>7921182

To avoid drama, just leave her role in and even if she shows up, she won't be prepared and will probably just be sitting there most of the time. Or she'll turn around, prepare properly, and you'll have extra stuff for the panel.

She sounds like me, in that if someone isn't dragging her to do it, she probably won't end up doing it even if she really does want to.

>> No.7921198

>>7921182
Definitely. How bitchy do you want to be? You can always go "~tee hee we didn't know if you were going to show up so we didn't include you =^_^=". Or straight up tell her you're tired of her shit and want her to gtfo, either one should work. Either way, you've put up with her too long and she needs to get the message that this isn't acceptable behaviour.

>> No.7921201

>>7921169

It's actually a nasty asthma that makes the common flu a living hell because it reduces my ability to breathe even with medication. In flu seasons I can be absent for a whole week because I just can't function. I've told it to my teacher and one of my classmates. The classmate just went "nah, can't be that bad".

>>7921175

I think it's very unprofessional, too. And I got really upset about the whole phone call deal especially when I heard about the other students being there and listening. They apparently provoked her to make the call because they think I'm a lazy shit and today was a bad attendance day due to people being sick.

>> No.7921212

>>7921201

That's really inappropriate, sounds like your teacher just falls for peer (or not, in this case) pressure hard.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again. If it does, you should probably raise some hell about it.

>> No.7921214

>>7921196
Well, some of the others found a way to just remove her altogether or replace her. We've been weighing our options on what is more doable for the group, given the elephant in the room.

>>7921198
Well, I'm mad enough to be a complete bitch but I'm also a softie who might back down last minute. I'll see if there's a nicer way to be direct without hurting her feelings.

>> No.7921226

>>7921214
In that case, I'd suggest telling her about the rehearsal and that if she doesn't show up for it you're cutting her. Again, let her know that her behaviour before wasn't acceptable in the least and that this is her last chance to redeem herself. If she falls through, that's it, you're done with her, and you're never working with her again. Be stern and don't give in no matter how badly you feel about it or how much she begs. It was her fault she didn't make it and you're not going to feel guilty about it.

>> No.7921242

>Taobao package finally arrive
>Oh my god it's so huge I can barely get it in my door way
>open it, pulling all the contents out. taking pictures of everything
>about an hour later notice something is missing
>Taiga Aisaka costume is there, but wooden sword is no where to be found
>tear through the entire box, cutting it apart in case it got stuck
>Still nothing
>Email new agent I used about it, tells me to double check and they will question their workers about it.

Really just disappointed since this is my first cosplay and I'd like to be accurate down to props. No customs didn't take it, or else I would have gotten a notice in the mail/message on the slip/package would have been cut open. Such a shame..

>> No.7921249

>>7921242
Chinese customs probably took it you retard. You'll make a bad taiga anyways if you think you need the bokken.

>> No.7921260

>>7921249
They would have notified me though.

Why would it be a bad Taiga with the bokken?

>> No.7921261
File: 835 KB, 280x189, 1413933432923.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>started an LDR with someone from 4chan
>he started to visit r9k, got progressively crazier and misogynistic
>broke it off 3 years ago when he got too abusive
>would threaten to kill himself or me if I broke up
>took him back once, realized he wasn't serious and ended it for good
>obviously he never did it
>to this day he still does shit like post my dox (I moved so it doesn't matter besides my pics/name being out there), harasses me through email, lies about me, and makes multiple accounts on various things to stalk me
>for awhile I retaliated but then I realized it's better to ignore him
>ignored him for the past year
>he's still harassing me
>in a way it's entertaining because he's so desperate and cringey
>ex. left a few skype video messages of him holding up a knife to the camera in complete silence
>makes constant threats to kill me despite living states away and having no money or car

>I tell my new bf about him
>ex tries to add new bf on facebook
>he declines the request, I show him the messages/videos
>"Lol wow this is harassment anon...how did you date this guy?"
>I didn't say anything, but my jimmies slightly rustled at the second half of that comment
I mean, what makes people think that other people willingly go into relationships that are outright abusive from the start? Hardly anyone does. Abusers test the waters first and see how far they can get away with their abuse, they're charismatic and make excuses for their "slips" until one day they're full on verbally abusing you and then blaming you for their behavior.

But anyway, seeing as though that other crazy dude recently slaughtered his gf on /b/, I thought I might finally take this shit to police since I think it might now be taken a bit more seriously. Especially if I mention the videos and the threats he made on 4chan.

>> No.7921262

>>7921260
You won't be bad with it, but if you think you need it so damn much you're clearly going to fuck up the cosplay. It's not an integral part of her character

>> No.7921268

>>7921261
>seeing as though that other crazy dude recently slaughtered his gf on /b/
Deets?

But yeah, take that shit to the police. If he's been harassing you for years, and doesn't let up, there is always a chance things might esacalate.

>> No.7921272

>>7921260
wouldnt listen to that anon, a complete cosplay with props is worth the effort. Even if the character doesnt use it all the time its still part of it.
Saw a cute Taiga last con, fit the body type and everything but in my head I was wishing she had the bokken or palm tiger plush.

>> No.7921274

>>7921268
I'd crosslink you to /b/ but I don't want to be banned for gore.
>http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/05/us/washington-murder-suspect/

TL;DR He strangled her and then said that he was leaving the body for her son to find after he came home from school.

>> No.7921276

>>7921261
You're an idiot for getting mad about that comment you know. Chances are he wasn't aware that you broke it off before he started getting so fucked up. If you actually knew anything about abusive relationships rather than just spouting off wiki quotes, you'd know that most people being abused in whatever way will stick around far far longer than they should/ Chances are your bf thought you were being harassed during the relationship far longer.

I was actually feeling bad until that last -holier than thou- comment and now you just seem like a cunt to your boyfriend who was clearly trying to help.

>> No.7921278

>>7921262

That's a retarded assumption.

>> No.7921281

>>7921272
I'm just tired of her not listening.

Buuuut I would have gotten a notiiiice~ There's no way customs opened it.

Chinapost does not notify everyone of their box openings like she seems to think.

This is her first taobao order and she didn't listen in the taobao thread so she brought it here.

>> No.7921286

>>7921278
Not really, the whiny cunt seems like she'll cancel the whole thing just because she doesn't have the sword.

It's an entirely bought cosplay, it's going to suck either way.

>> No.7921287

>>7921276
>You're an idiot for getting mad about that comment you know.
What part about "I didn't say anything" don't you understand? I would never be a cunt to my bf because he said something without thinking of the implication, as evidenced by the fact that he was too busy laughing from the cringe videos.

Also
>bitching about ~holier than thou~ while acting completely holier than thou
Take your b8 and leave.

>> No.7921289

>>7921276
>you'd know that most people being abused in whatever way will stick around far far longer than they should
That's not true for everyone, maybe you should stop using wiki quotes.

>> No.7921292

>>7921289
>most
>not true for everyone
I'm not even that anon, but you're grasping at straws a bit.

>> No.7921293

>>7920667
Post picture of self, can't be that bad.

>> No.7921294

>>7921292
You're a samefag and I'm sorry that you lack reading comprehension and are now trying to grasp at straws to save your shitpost. Sorry, but it's still shit.

>> No.7921300

>>7921276
LOL. It's like you were searching for something to nitpick about that post and completely missed the part where that anon didn't say anything to her bf about that comment and was just annoyed by how he worded it. Bahahaha, loser.

>> No.7921305

>>7921281
They would have notified my agent since they are close. This isn't my first rodeo, but this is the first time I've had an item not appear in my package.
I didn't listen to the taobao thread? All they said was US CUSTOMS took it when they in fact didn't, and I've already emailed the agent about it. How did china post take it when the package wasn't ripped open at all? They would have probably charged me for customs holding anyways.
>>7921286
But I'm not, so what are you going on about? xD I am just slightly disappointed a prop I was looking forward to did not arrive. It's simple.
Why are you so mad anon?

>> No.7921308

>>7921294
Not samefag, just pointing it out. You don't have to get so huffy. I don't even agree with them.

>> No.7921311

>>7921286
>>7921281
she may be overthinking the cosplay is incomplete but I would want some kind of refund if that was me, but thats because after years of buying shit from asia and being passive about things similar this has fucked me over alot.
I hope she doesnt become a buyfag like me and deal with whole different circle of mail hell

>> No.7921320

>>7921311
Every shopping service mentions there's a chance weapons or items that look like weapons will be taken.

>> No.7921467

>>7921173
You should definitely talk to her and see what she have to say. If you can, I think you should also try to make her understand that kind of behaviour on her part makes you uncomfortable.

>> No.7921542

>everything I do makes everyone feel awkward all the time and now I feel so insecure to even go up to people playing video games and talk about my favorite hobby because I'm so afraid I'll fuck something up.

>> No.7921596

>>7921274
Just read through the original thread on the archive.
I've been going on this website for a long time, but I've always stayed away from /b/, now I know why.

>> No.7921646

>>7920948
Agoraphobia is a bitch. There are ways to get out of it, like controlled exposure. Look for a part-time job. No marketable job skills? McDonald's, waiting in restaurants, basically any customer service. It sucks, but you get people skills.

>> No.7921661

>>7921073
The seller was taking offers so I offered total about $15 above her minimum asking price, so I assume that would be enough to cover all the shipping stuff and then some.The service she used came with tracking which is why Paypal won't do shit for me, but didn't come with any insurance.

>> No.7921666

>>7920967
I think what tends to happen is that OTT outfits are more likely to be shared and reblogged. The more "plain" stuff is still beautiful, and sometimes can achieve more elegance with solid-colored fabrics than printed ones (think of dresses by Mary Magdalene, old-school JetJ, and Atelier-Pierrot), but photos of them being worn are not shared as often.

>> No.7921675

>depressed NEET
>been looking for work for a year now
>barely apply anywhere anymore
>get no joy from hobbies
>watching all cosplay friends get better and better
>stay in bed all day dicking around online or crying

>> No.7921686

>bpd, avpd, social anxiety, ocd, severe depression, anorexia, cfs and ibs
>what even is my life anymore
>no friends because NEET for 5+ years
>lonely as fuck
>jfashion is the only thing that helps me get through the days
>spend nearly all my income from benefits on retail therapy
>feel even worse for wasting money that belongs to the government
>might be readmitted to the psych ward tomorrow
I just want to die.

>> No.7921693

>>7921661
Shit anon, that sucks. I'm sorry.

>> No.7921695

>>7921686
you don't have to feel bad because government is shit.
also i feel you i'm the same here...
i'm fat,ugly or at least feels like it,anorexia,severe depression,ocd,social anxiety,..
i'm a NEET since 2 years and barely have anyone besides two people living far away from me on the internet
Hang in there anon

>> No.7921716

>loved lolita since early teens
>studied and studied about it and looked forward to being able to get a job when older
> get older, turn out taller and heavier than I would like
> 21 now, really still want to wear lolita and really pushing hard to get in shape
> stuck in a place where I'm ready to start but can't quite yet until boyfriend gets us memberships and helps me with a routine
> constantly worry about height but no only that but pretty much freak out when thinking about lolita because I feel that by the time I lose the amount of weight I want to I'll be too old for lolita and/or no matter how much I lose, I'll still be too tall and/or big boned for the clothes

>> No.7921734

>>7921716
You don't need a gym membership to work out, anon. Go running outdoors, do push ups and sit ups and whatnot at home, etc.

>> No.7921743

>>7921734
I know that. That's why I also stated 'when boyfriend helps me with a routine' because I don't know anything about working out. I know the basic stuff and I've been trying to do that but I still need him to give me a push.

>> No.7921753

>>7921686
tumblrina alert
>why can't I, hold all these mentul ishooooz?!
oh please
and some of those are rarer than gingers, might want to fact check before you apply everything you read on wikipedia to yourself

>> No.7921778

>>7921686
>>7921675
There's a ton of us here. The unfortunate thing is most of us, myself included, are too messed to ever contact each other outside of an anonymous message board.

>something shitty happened in my already pathetic life
>have been 100% on board for suicide for years but am hanging in only for family
>long distance friend who I've known for 8 years wants to call me
>tell him I'm not feeling well
>he insists and asks what's wrong
>vent about the thing (I rarely talk about my problems with him and always fake cheerfulness)
>he says "It seems like you just want someone to bitch about things to. Is that right?"
>start crying quietly but don't say anything
>"Yeah I don't really want to hear about this shit"
>say sorry because I'm a doormat and hang up
>block him from everything

Letting down my guard is the quickest way to lose friends.

>> No.7921783

>>7920844
Eva is nothing but a story of male sexual development. Really that's all.

>> No.7921789

>>7921783
It does have other things to it.

But it, like FLCL is just a story about growing up that happens to have egregious amounts of unrelated fluff.

>> No.7921796

>>7921675
>has friends
Oh woe is me, my life is soooo miserable ;_;!
First world problems.

>> No.7921802

>>7921261
>>I tell my new bf about him
What slut. When do you plan to get off the cock carousel?

>> No.7921803

>>7921743
Idk why people make working out way harder than it has to be. You can literally look this stuff up online. "I need a push" is an excuse. I hate working out, but I make myself do it because I genuinely want my body to look good. My boyfriend "needs motivation" from me, and he hasn't made any progress and has only put on weight. Get some self-control and make it a priority, if it really means that much to you.

>> No.7921804

>>7921789
Well of course. When Anno was writing it he nearly made Shinji a reflection of himself as a child growing into his perception of a young man. He even brings in the conflict he himself had with 2d and 3d women. Shit is deep.
>tfw people think you're crazy for deepfagging Eva

>> No.7921805

>>7921675
Are you fat?

>> No.7921807

>>7921155
>t's the hardest thing in the world to hear, but you have to take care of yourself and others second
Lel.
>women get ill
LOOK AT ME! I'M GOING TO POST MY ISSUES ALL OVER TUMBLR AND YOU BETTER REBLOG IT SHITLORD! OH WHY WON'T ANYONE LOOK AT ME AND MY BPD/BIPOLAR/DEPRESSION ;_;

>man gets ill
Lel man up and fuck off, stop burdening me.

Women. Not even one.

>> No.7921808

>>7921716
>big boned

You mean fat?

>> No.7921813

>>7920844
That's more or less what I got from it, too, along with just a general idea that I can be a better person if I recognize the bad traits I possess and try to overcome them. That things can get better.

>> No.7921825

>>7921796
Haha, you sure got me, anon!

>>7921805
No, but I don't really eat much. Not another ED anon, I've just always been this way.

>> No.7921830

>>7921807
What a cunt. Did you drive the people who once loved you away, too?

>> No.7921836

>>7921796
>>7921802
>>7921807
low quality bait

>> No.7921841

>>7921825
>Haha, you sure got me, anon!
I hope I did, because it's a completely valid point. If you have friends, you have no reason to be depressed. It means you're social, have a support network and are outgoing.
You're faking depression because you think that having a mental illness amkes you unique or intelligent.

>> No.7921846

>>7921778

What the fuck kind of friends do you people have

Are these real people because fuck

>> No.7921854

>>7921783

Even if that's your only interpretation of it, I think it's unfair to say "that's all". That's a worthy enough subject.

>> No.7921856

>>7921846
This. I believe you'd get your ass kicked saying something like that, man.

>> No.7921858

>>7921804
I can't watch Eva anymore because the las thing I need is more art to consume uselessly and hold a mirror up to my disgusting soul, but I can still shitpost about it.

Why is every artsy anime director a feminist? Why are they all crotchety old men now? Why do they hate fun? Why are half of them one-hit wonders?

>> No.7921862

>>7921841
Diff anon, and I recognize this is most likely bait, but you're a fucking idiot if you really think that. And "friends" could mean any number of things. Please go find something more productive to do with your day than pathetic trolling.

>> No.7921871

>>7921846
Things like that particularly suck to hear since they're pretty much out of the blue. Fair weather friends are great at finding the weak point for massive damage.

Unfortunately it's a real comment.

>> No.7921873

>>7921846
I thought the same thing. Where do you find these assholes, how do you become close friends without noticing that they're shit people?

>> No.7921878

>>7921841

>Reason
>Depression

Spare me the armchair psychology, faggot. Not even that person.

>> No.7921886

>>7921841
Not them, but "friend" is a really vague word nowadays and can mean anything from acquaintances to actual good, close friends. As long as you interact with people, even over the internet, and aren't a complete douchebag, chances are you'll have "friends", aka people that you can occasionally talk to and are friendly with when you see/interact with them. Doesn't mean that you'll be able to actually be close with them and that they'll support you when you actually need it.

>> No.7921897

>>7921862
>but you're a fucking idiot if you really think that.
Great retrort. Care to explain why it's possible to be depressed AND have a social network of people who care about you and with who you actively engage?
Fucking special snow flakes everywhere.

>> No.7921900

>>7921695
Thanks, you too.
>>7921778
I know, half /cgl/ seems to be batshit in one form or another. Sorry about your friend. If you ever get the opportunity to dump him, do it.
>>7921796
Pretty sure this is bait, but if not: I was diagnosed by a team of professionals, honey.

>> No.7921908

>>7921897

Because depression is more about chemical imbalance than being sad?

>> No.7921909

>>7921900
>I was diagnosed by a team of professionals
You mean people who, if you get a diagnosis of depression, can then charge you a lot of money for consultations and medication? HMMMM I WONDER WHY THEY TOLD YOU THEY HAD DEPRESSION?!?!?!?
You realise during that entire initial consultation, they were writing rude comments on your notes, and laughing at you over the coffee break? "Here, Tony, did you see this girl? She says she likes to dress up like cartoon characters!"

>> No.7921912

>>7921900
meant to quote >>7921753 instead of >>7921796

>> No.7921913

>>7921897
Interacting with people in a positive manner may help with serotonin release, but it's not going to fix all the chemicals in your brain that are making you depressed. Clinical depression is not a circumstantial issue, it's medical.

>> No.7921917

>>7921908
>muh chemical imbalance
The serotonin deficiency theory for 'depression' has been proven as bullshit. Serotonin uptake ADs are pure placebo, designed to placate the need for attention that 'depression' sufferers crave desperately.

>> No.7921920

>>7921909
You're probably one of those people who think that mental illness is not real, and all those patients are just attention-whoring, huh?

>> No.7921924
File: 2 KB, 90x90, 4564523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7921909
>>7921917

>> No.7921927

>>7921913
>muh chemicals in muh brain
Listen, numbnuts - what you're regurgiating is the tasty little morsels packaged for the mainstream media from medical journal article abstracts. "CHEMICALS IN YER BRAIN CAUSE ILLNESS! BUY MEDICINE!".
Ask yourself this - if we were so sure it was a chemical imbalance, why do they not refer you for an ECG scan or spinal taps for neurotransmitter remnants? Oh, that's right, because it's fucking pointless. They just give you the pills to fulfill your desperate need for saying you have an illness.
Pathologising of society, read some J.D. fucking Laing, you tit.

>> No.7921928

>>7921917
>>7921909

Man I just can't resist this bait because it's just this dude looking like a retard

You realize your entire argument is YOU AREN'T DEPRESSED BECAUSE SOMETIMES PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE DEPRESSED AREN'T DEPRESSED

>> No.7921929

>>7921912
sure you were diagnosed by a team of professionals
I believe you, dear
Somehow people with the rarest diseases or clusters of completely unrelated mental and personality disorders come to whine here on /cgl/ despite being a rare bunch. And it never seems to be less than four or five. Shit, I've seen midgets cosplaying tall people that looked more believable than your post.

Seriously take your tumblr baloney to your blog.

>> No.7921931
File: 80 KB, 661x948, Come at me bitch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7921920
Yeah, got a problem with that bitch?

>> No.7921933

>>7921929
but all of them are related... are you dumb?

>> No.7921935

>>7921928
Nice fookin' retort m8.
>I can't argue the point that biased psychiatrists who make more money the more fake diagnosis they give, so I'll jsut call him an idiot!

>> No.7921937
File: 47 KB, 500x364, 8cea755ed9d65bd136fcd0fafe7ea50c767e9f4ebfba95c846d6d337a247b1de.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7921927

>> No.7921938

>>7921933
are you twelve?

>> No.7921940

>>7921929
Completely agree here, it's so fucking obvious they're lying about it. BPD? Bipolar? Even with over enthusiastic psychiatric quack doctors, this shit is rare, but apparently everyone here has it.

Probably what she did was read a medical dictionary, felt "BPD will act as a convenient excuse to act like a complete cunt and not suffer the repercussions", and decided to broadcast it to all and sundry.

>> No.7921941

>>7921686
I have the same physical health issues and have had disordered eating before and I feel so awful that you are going through so much. Cfs is so draining and debilitating even when you are mentally well. I really hope you get the help you need anon and that there comes a time when you are pain free, anxiety free and happy.

>> No.7921949

>>7921941
>Cfs is so draining and debilitating even when you are mentally well
CFS doesn't fucking exist. You're just being a lazy cunt who eats too much complex carbs. Try moving your fat arse out for a run in the open air and going to bed at a decent fucking time, so you won't have to burden us all with your bullshit.

>> No.7921950

>>7921935

lol keep trying

Where'd you get your degree?

>> No.7921951

>>7921940
This, lately it's become shorthand for "I'm a cunty attention whore" to a point where every tumblr snowflake uses it.
Hell, even our very own fair rose of Cork, Potsy, claims she has it.

>> No.7921953

>>7921927
Do you mean RD Laing? A man who had self-diagnosed clinical depression? You're an imbecile. Congratulations for following the words of one dude's views in his nifty little book.

Any decent psychiatrist recommends solutions other than medicine when possible.

>> No.7921959

>>7921941
Thanks man. CFS is a fucking bitch indeed. I wish you all the best, too.
>>7921949
zzzz

>> No.7921960

>>7921953
>Any decent psychiatrist recommends solutions other than medicine when possible.
Expensive solutions. Like charging to talk to you. And not actual medical solutions because - SURPRISE - you don't have a medical condition.
There is one very sure way to "cure" whatever mental illness ails you by the way - frontal lobotomy. Seriously, guy who came up with it got a Nobel prize for the procedure. So I would really suggest that if living with your conditions is sooooooooooooooooo hard guise ;_; that you immediately seek a doctor who will perform that surgery on you.

>> No.7921963

>>7921959
>zzzz
Even when you're here doing something as passive as bitching to others, you're a lazy bitch who can't even concentrate for a few seconds. Go on, shove another eclair down your gullet, maybe the thought of the brief transient taste will wake you up for a few seconds.

>> No.7921966

>>7921960
Mmkay, you just stay paranoid, anon. Screaming at strangers like a spastic moron isn't going to change them anyhow.

>> No.7921968

>>7921960
>Expensive solutions. Like charging to talk to you.
B-but healthcare is free in my country, anon. So do your best and give me another good point. You can do it! Faito!!!

>> No.7921973

>>7921966
>you just stay paranoid
I would, but I know that paranoia doesn't exist and is used to a. silence criticism and b. act as a label for snowflakes like yourself. "My doctor says I'm suffering from paranoia, that means I'm CUHRAZY, so stay away from me silly boys tee hee :3"

>> No.7921976

>>7921973
>i don't believe in the thing so it's not real!
It's unfortunate that a mental condition is used flippantly to silence people, I do agree. I'm not even an anon saying I have any mental issues because thankfully I don't. You can chill.

>> No.7921979

>>7921150
you should've threw up on her

>> No.7921981

>>7921931
Oh, not at all.
>Psychiatry is not a real thing!! It's all made up!! I have the authority to decide this!
See >>7921924

>> No.7921982

>>7921963
z

>> No.7921983

>>7921968
>B-but healthcare is free in my country, anon
It isn't, just because you're not living in a single payer system, doesn't mean those services aren't still being paid for - by someone else. Who is actually productive and not an infantile little brat, like you. Someone who isn't as selfish as you, who realises that health care is paid for by all, and isn't something magically provided for them.

So really, your special snowflake syndrome is taking money from others, to pay for a service ran by greedy doctors who were too stupid and too conniving to go into surgery, general practice or consultancy. Nice job. And what have you done with that money? Talked for ages, came on here to moan about cheap Chinese shit, and likely, claim welfare at the benefits office.

>> No.7921985

>>7921982
Try a fucking whole roast chicken next time, seems the eclair didn't work fattie.

>> No.7921989

>>7921983
Do you not have enough to do in your day, anon? Do you need a hug or to maybe go for a run? I'm sorry you're hurting and hope someone can help you soon so you won't need to use shitposting to find enjoyment in living.

>> No.7922003

>>7921989
>this classic deflection
What's wrong? I mention you're basically shitting away the tax money taken from hard working people and suddenly you don't want to talk about YOU, and how important YOU and your made up illness is?
Hit a nerve did I?

>> No.7922004

>>7922003
>tfw i pay my taxes
You should really stop assuming the same people are responding to your stupidity.

>> No.7922012

>>7922004
Doesn't matter how much tax money your minimum wage job at Subway provides to the treasury, you and your frequent visits to the Talking Shop ran by Dr. Quacksalot far, FAR outweigh that contribution.
Society has basically indulged you in your little whim of being special. How does that feel?

>> No.7922015

Looks like all the shitposting made the thread hit autosage, congrats shitanon!

>> No.7922017

>>7922012

This guy though, really.

I'm starting to think he really believes this shit

>> No.7922020

>>7922012
Again, not someone with mental issues. You just keep tilting at those windmills, champ.

>> No.7922023

>>7922020

Just wanted to say A+ reference anon.

>> No.7922026

>>7922015
>autosage
Because it is 20 posts over the bump limit ya dingus

>> No.7922028

>>7922015
Not autosaging yet.
But the thread has been shitposted beyond salvation, so it might as well be.

>> No.7922030

>>7922023
haha, le don quixote meme xD soooo funny :)

>>7922017
Why don't you actually answer instead of trying to act like some internet warrior?

>>7922020
Still upset that, even if all the money you made in your dead end job went straight to tax for the next ten years, you STILL wouldn't pay off the health bill you incurred with your special snowflake syndrome?

>> No.7922035

>>7922015
I am so, so sorry that my posting has prevented others from sharing their deeply 'traumatic' sob stories about how difficult their life is. Truly, a great loss to this board.

>> No.7922039

>>7922035
Why are you so angry anon, having a rough day? Shh, it's gonna be okay.

>> No.7922042

>>7921825
How old are you, and do you have any skills?

>> No.7922045

>>7920667
You sound just like me..

>> No.7922047

>>7922030

Because I did and you ignored it.

You're going pretty far on vitriol alone here, good job.

>> No.7922164

>>7921949
This is such a stupid belief and one far too common. I know what's real for me and there is evidence that cfs does exist. I also have fibromyalgia and JHS which both exist. I sleep just fine anon actually I have always slept longer than the average. I'm not lazy, I work just like everyone else...it's just harder for me.

>> No.7922207

>>7921646
Well currently I'm doing volunteering. Finding a job where I live is a bitch. I'm kind of an impatient person so I start getting worried when I don't see results right away.

>> No.7922285

>>7922207
Volunteering is also good!

I know the economy is shit right now, but keep going at it. Are there any temp agencies in your area? You might be able to land a desk job.

>> No.7922309

>>7922285
It's not so much the economy here, I live in a rural town with not many businesses. I think before i can work I need out of here.

>> No.7922370

>tfw girls are scary and manipulative

>> No.7922401
File: 109 KB, 1280x720, all this booty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7921716
If you wish to lose fat, remember to exercise anaerobically, because the energy that you use when exercising is produced by using Fat to convert into Acetyl CoA to be used in the Krebs Cycle for ATP.

A lb of fat is ~3500 Calories, and it's generally recommended not to lose more than 2lbs a week. Therefore you need to be losing 500 Calories a day either through diet, exercise, or both; to achieve 1lb a week.

Good luck, anon.

Source: My College Nutrition Course

>> No.7922408

>>7921716
Do you only drink water? If you only drink water, you'll lose a lot of weight because sugary shit makes you eat more.

>> No.7922413

>>7922408
Oh yeah, that reminds me, don't buy into that dumb shit "50lbs OF ASS AND PUSSY WEIGHT LOSS" crap. That shit will make you lose weight, but the reason it does that is because it dehydrates you and all that water weighs a lot. Now when you go back to your normal diet after following their directions, you'll gain the weight back.

>> No.7922428
File: 263 KB, 300x168, 5332488+_98341f4869b49d210ca6e5055f551b30.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7919414

>> No.7922439

>>7921646
I wouldn't recommend going into hospitality, since that's where you meet the worst of people. A receptionist job or something similarly quiet and small would be better.

>> No.7922550

>spend middle/high school getting bullied about having naturally curly hair
>spend all of my college career gaining the confidence to wear my hair curly again
>want to get into lolita
>lolita has no place for naturally curly haired girls

I guess it's a good thing I kept my flat iron

>> No.7922964

>>7919414
>homoflexible
So basically, you're bisexual with a prefference to women.

Stop being so goddamn tumblr for fucks sake, in case you didn't know this is 4chan.

We fucking hate tumblr and it's retardism. Personally, the type who turns sexuality in political games piss me off the most.

Don't you get that they're trying to seperate different groups based on their sexuality? there's like a individual cage for everyone who is slightly different.

You don't have to catagorize every combination of individual traits, that's not what catagories are for.

>> No.7922970

>>7919493
>he ONLY seems to really want to fuck me if I'm in lolita
my best guess is that this is because you're boring in bed and lolita is something that brings some edge to it.

Are you a sack of potato's in bed? you don't have to answer here, just ask this question to yourself.

>> No.7923272

New thread >>7923271

>> No.7923438

>>7922550
Hey anon I'm in the same boat as you except lolita especially classic suits curly hair very well.