[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 13 KB, 230x230, 93d5e2478bcc661f8b310033019cc19d[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7909674 No.7909674 [Reply] [Original]

Is your SO supportive of your hobby? Do they enjoy it? Do they dress up with you? Do you dress them up forcefully? Are they horrible and mean and don't like that you cosplay/wear Jfash?

Let's talk about our significant others.

>inb4 TFW no gf/bf

Don't shitpost.

>> No.7909681

My boyfriend actually got me into it.

>> No.7909683

>>7909674
They're supportive of it, but they've never cosplayed. They'd like to cosplay with me.

They knew that I did this, but I never made it a point to really bring it up often out of embarrassment. I keep my sperg shit under control and just let other people talk.

They're not opposed to cosplay for the bedroom, but those are separate costumes that have taken less time to make. Ruined a wig for a Jessica Rabbit night, but it was worth it.

>> No.7909707

My BF is really supportive. I wear lolita an occasional cosplay (not so much anymore) and while he wont dress up himself i can get him to color match if non pastels and even toss on a tie with the symbol of whatever anime i'm cosplaying. He's the best *blushes*...now if only he'd buy me that burando! jk jk.. i like to buy my own stuff [insert some long winded feminist glory], or maybe i just know that i wont screw up when ordering overseas. I'm planning a couple cosplay for 2015. we'll see how that pans out.

>> No.7909726

Bf doesn't like the whole idea of lolita. He tried to at first (by looking into aristocrat) when I got into it, but then sternly told me that I'm free to lolita but he won't want to be seen with me. I completely agree with him and think the same way, which is why I never really delved too deep.

I don't really like to dress him up since he doesn't have girlish figure-- I put silly things on him like cat ears sometimes.

He likes my jfash but would rather me wear something more western-looking, which fortunately for him I am getting into now that I found an awesome store. We do cosplay occasionally with each other. He's more meticulous than me and would spend an hour with his wig.

>> No.7909737

My boyfriend is the normalest of normalfags, but he's been surprisingly supportive of cosplay. He thinks crafting is pretty impressive and compliments me for being creative. He's even said he'd wear costumes I make him at least for photos.

I've expressed an interested in lolita and showed him a couple dresses, and he kind of laughed and said "as long as you don't wear it every day". I have no idea how he'd feel about going out in public with me in it, but he seems to think it's cute that I've started gushing over these frilly monstrosities.

>> No.7909755

My BF lets me put my wigs and headdresses and shit on him and do his makeup.

He makes like a 5-6/10 grill with makeup.

He a qt.

>> No.7909763

I recently lured my boyfriend into cosplay and he's slowly agreeing with everything I come up with as long as it's related to things/series he enjoys as well (Masks,Giant props, Armors, Weaponry in general, Retro video games or medieval/rpg themed ones, Old Animes/etc). I think he'd rather enjoy the convention as a normalfag more than a cosplayer but he wouldn't mind giving a try for a few couple cosplays together.
He also helps me with my costumes when I can't mesure my back or let me use his head for I to style my wig/etc. I like him a lot, he's very supportive of what I do and is always open minded about trying new things, same goes for me.

I never tried talking about lolita though, I guess I kinda want his opinion now?

>> No.7909765
File: 349 KB, 500x351, shine bright like an okama.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My boyfriend is a really qt crossplayer, sometimes looks more adorable than me. I'm too busy fawning over how adorable he is to be jelly though.

>> No.7909779

My girlfriend and I cosplay together all the time, we always have a lot of fun.

She's the best and I love her.

>> No.7909803

My boyfriend and I have done a few cosplays together.

I really want to get into classic lolita but am feeling a bit hesitant about it ( I am really scared of looking ita!! ) I've told my boyfriend this and he really wants to get into an alternative fashion too that complements lolita.

Since there is not really such thing as lolita for boys, we don't really know what is out there for him?
He's tall, lean and caucasian so i've been leaning towards moriboy but if anyone has any suggestions i'd really appreciate it!!

>> No.7909822

when we met my bf wasn't into cosplay , and I was more of a closet cosplayer.... anyways years later we both love doing couple's cosplays and group cosplay with my little sister. My skills have really improved and bf enjoys prop making, so it all works out wonderfully!

>> No.7909851

>>7909674
>Is your SO supportive of your hobby?
Yes, though he probably thinks I spend a little too much money on it.

>Do they enjoy it?
He finds it really pretty, and is happy that I'm so passionate about Lolita and my community.

>Do they dress up with you?
For special events, he'll put on a vest, hat, and tie to come along, but most of the time he doesn't do anything fancier than a button-down.

>Do you dress them up forcefully?
Not really, though I do coordinate his ties/shirts with my dresses for him...

I've been into Lolita since before we met (together for seven years now) so to him, it's a normal part of me, and has never been an issue. I got into cosplay much more recently, but he sort of puts it in the same hobby category, and will give me accuracy feedback when I'm working on new characters.

>> No.7909893

Met my gf through cosplay/cosplay friends. We're doing a Halloween couple cosplay tonight but I don't think we'll do a lot of couple stuff since I'm very into my games cosplay and she's more comic books. But I guess we'll make a couple plans here and there.

>> No.7909978

I met my gf in cosplay, we wore matching costumes so figures we had to stick together for the convention and, well ended up together a year later...since then we've mostly been doing couple cosplays and our craft days and nights are always great. Only thing is that she tends to go by 'it's okay as long as you recognize it'...

>> No.7910081

>>7909674
My husband is pretty supportive of it. He just likes to make sure i'm not cutting into our own funds for stuff like this. He doesn't mind me taking out a little bit of cash but doesnt want me pulling out $300 for this. I started doing babysitting as a way to make money on the side. He actually enjoys more of the comic book side of things so if i'm unsure of who a character is, i'll ask. He dresses up with me sometimes, especially on halloween but he did go to an anime con with me once. He didn't dress up so i feel like he had a different experience.

>> No.7910082

I met my boyfriend when I was wearing lolita, so he knew what he was getting into. He's very supportive and has even told me he's looking into getting me a dress for Christmas. He won't dress up with me though, and that's fine. I kind of like the contrast of me being all decked out while he's in a t-shirt and jeans.

>> No.7910088

My bf and I cosplay together. Met when I joined a dnd campaign he was running, almost the whole group were cosplayers.
We don't often couple cosplay, but we generally do characters from the same series together. I'm the seamstress/wig styler and he's the prop maker.
I just got into lolita this year and he is saving up money so he can make some ouji coords and go to meets with me.
It's nice that we share hobbies and I feel it brings us closer. Might sound cliche and sappy but I feel lucky to have him.

>> No.7910090
File: 2.00 MB, 465x280, ngM5FMW.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As long as I don't trash the house up.
But I do. So he gets a little mad at me sometimes.

>Do they enjoy it?
He likes the attention we get in public when I dress up in lolita. He likes walking around with a pretty girl!

Sadly, no. However, they said we ever went to a con, he would dress up as Ganondorf, which is my favorite character and would be PERFECT for his body type! But, damn, I don't want to make all that armor..

I spend a lot on myself and he doesn't much care what he wears, so it's not like I can force much on him without killing my wallet further.

>Are they horrible and mean and don't like that you cosplay/wear Jfash?
He's a naturally grumpy dude with a soft spot for me, and he supports what I do as long as I'm happy. If we ever did cosplay, he doesn't want to cosplay something "stereotypical", and shot down my idea for us to go to a con together as Peach and Mario.
For him, it's all or nothing!

>> No.7910141

>>7909674
He's very supportive. He hopes to join in cosplay someday when we have more time. He likes lolita and himekaji and thinks it suits me.

I don't dress him up really, he just lets me use him for styling my wigs since I haven't bought a wig head yet. He doesn't mind.

He's not horrible or mean he's a dork like me.

>>7909755
>>7909765
I kind of wish I could do this to my boyfriend, but his chin ruins it. all of his other features are pretty delicate.
>>7909779
>>7909822
D'aaaaw.

>> No.7910148

My ex brought up cosplay as part of the "reasons we don't have anything in common anymore" part of the breakup spiel.

But I mean he was fucking a girl at work so I think that's kind of moot.

>> No.7910157

>>7909674
My SO and I have been cosplaying together for almost ten years. Almost all of our cosplays are part of a set or bigger group. It's great because we get to help with each others' costumes and always plan our cons together.

>> No.7910204
File: 6 KB, 225x225, mfw+ständer+is+german+for+boner+_d02055dcdbb89a27ba02fd94d266123b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

He loves it. He's bought me supplies when I'm low on cash, and he likes watching me work.

As long as it's from something he really loves. And as long as I make it.

Do you dress them up forcefully?
>Not at all. We yay or nay a lot of each others cosplay ideas, and neither of us takes it personally when one of us doesn't want to cosplay something.

Our first xmas together, he bought me a bunch of jfash coats and shirts, before he even knew how much I love the style.

When we first started dating, I knew we both liked anime, but I wasn't sure how he felt about cosplay and jfash, so I didn't really bring it up. He had told me before about how his ex would force him to dress up for Halloween every year, and I didn't want to be like that. Mfw we were watching Dead Leaves shortly after we started dating, and he told me he'd always wanted to dress up as Retro.

>> No.7910214

Yeah he's supportive of almost everything I do.
>Do they enjoy it?
I think he likes when I dress up in lolita / general jfash / like a school girl, for obvious reasons. He hasn't seen much of my cosplay, but he's been positive about it.
Nope, but we've discussed couple cosplay ideas. We might do Ice King + Marceline eventually (for fun, not to be the best of an already done cosplay).
Naw, he's talked about feeling bad in normal clothes when I'm in lolita, but when I propose that he dress up fancier too he gets reluctant.
He'd probably only dislike it if I wore something revealing out, but I don't have intentions of doing that anyways so I think we're good.

>> No.7910255

My bf likes my lolita wardrobe, and despite always having mini heart attacks over the typical 300$ price tag, he often ends up convincing me to buy more dresses. Just recently he encouraged me to spend almost four figures on my ultimate dream dress, and even offered to help me pay for it by giving me most of his paycheck this week... So that's awesome.

He wants to get into Jfash, but he's definitely more of a punk/goth guy than kodona or aristo. I've shown him some H. Naoto stuff and he loves it, but he's overweight ATM so he's focusing on losing weight before actually buying anything. So I guess I feel like I'm pretty lucky.

>> No.7910344

My bf is supportive. He doesn't mind being seen with me in public, but I rarely wear it out with him to save him the attention. If I tell him I'm considering wearing it out somewhere, he'll tell me to do it.
He thinks it's expensive but knows I budget carefully and try to find pieces at good prices. One time he even offered to spot me money when one of my dream dresses popped up and I didn't have the money. I felt bad about it and didn't take the money.

>> No.7910354

My bf loves me in lolita. He think I'm super cute.
He likes to cosplay, and we both love LARP/ Ren Faire stuff. I'm going to try to cosplay either a group series or a couples cosplay with him this year.

>> No.7910371

>>7909681
Cosplay or jfash?
My ex got me interested in lolita - I was a mallgoth prior to that

>> No.7910390

My bf really likes my 'harajuku' clothes, but not so much lolita. He's jelly that women have more choice in clothes. Cosplay-wise, we both want to do it but haven't yet. We don't really watch the same animus, and while I wouldn't mind cosplaying some cute girl from his ones, he's not as keen on cosplaying as some bishounen from mine. So maybe we won't match, but we'll definitely cosplay sometime in the future.

>>7909726
>sternly
That sounds like he's a bit... childish?
>hope anon's bf is not actually a cunt

>> No.7910412
File: 763 KB, 960x1280, 2014-10-31-02-40-42_deco.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7910141
He'll walk around in anything I put him in, too, its great. Even my shitty bodyline headdresses.

He got that jewnose tho.

>> No.7910413

>>7910390
How is that childish? He clearly explained to me why it was a bad idea.

>> No.7910428

>>7910413
I read it as
>hell if I'll be seen with YOU wearing those FREAK clothes!
Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

>> No.7910435

My boyfriend thinks lolita, jfash and my style in general is really cool. He's also getting into EGA and we just bought him his first outfit. from Atelier BOZ.

>> No.7910458

my bf thinks it's weird and doesn't really get it but i just do it anyway
i remember posting in one of these threads before about it and it really creeps me out how people will tell you to break up with someone over stuff like this

>> No.7910461
File: 72 KB, 809x718, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7910412
He looks maybe 14 or 15, at most.

>> No.7910462

>>7910461
He:s 19

>> No.7910463

>>7910462
still looks 14-15

>> No.7910467

>>7910462
I remember my friend looking exactly like that when he was 14. Then he started growing a beard and looked less like that. Tell him to grow out his beard. Beards are healthy too. If you don't want him to have a beard, you're slowly killing him.

>> No.7910468

>>7910462
he has ebola because that's far from looking 19

>> No.7910472

>>7909803
there's ouji and aristocrat anon

>> No.7910478

Honest question...

Where did you girls meet your bf?

I meet new people all the time but never have I met any that have these kind of interests unfortunately.

>> No.7910479

>>7909674
My girlfriend and I both wear lolita.
When we were just best friends waaay back, we both sorta got eachother into it?
We go out on dates when we're dressed up too.
>tfw soon we're gonna move in together and have a big shared closet

>> No.7910490

>>7910467
I hate facial hair (in practice, it looks really nice) because it's too prickly and I can't squish our faces together comfortably.

>> No.7910494

>>7910490
Tell him to rub conditioner on it in the shower. My boyfriend does that and he has a very soft beard.

>> No.7910500

>>7910479
We met through a mutual friend in High School and we've been together ever since. We bonded a lot over vidya, but I make him watch a few anime with me and now he loves it.

>> No.7910507

We haven't been dating that longyet, but my boyfirend is supportive of my hobby. He always listens to my auctions crap and looks at my pictures of my newly bought items. He also loves hearing my comms drama.

>> No.7910632

>>7910472
Thank you anon! I'll try to find some nice examples to show him

>> No.7910655

>>7910458
I thought most of the time the advice was fairly balanced, even if some people were really super-reactive about it to the point of omg break up with anyone who doesn't fully love the fashion and support you. A lot of times it seemed like the people who were coming to cgl to ask for help or to explain their problems had communication and power balance issues in their relationships anyway. There's a difference between this anon here >>7909726 who has a boyfriend who doesn't like the fashion and has really tried to understand, and not felt it to be his thing at all, and some of the previous anons whose partners didn't even bother to try to understand and are flat out rude/emotionally abusive about the whole thing with lots of put-downs, banning their partners from buying lolita etc.

>> No.7910774

My boyfriend isn't interested in my weeaboo shit, but it makes him happy to see me doing things that make me happy and he's glad that I've finally made friends with similar interests through lolita and cons.

>> No.7910860

>>7910478
I met him while I was frolicking naked in the forest.

I'm not fucking kidding, either.

I am not proud of my days attending Rainbow Gatherings.

>> No.7910885

>>7910860
Pics or didn't happen, Anon. Or go into depth.

>> No.7910886

>>7910478
At a con, through mutual friends. We added each other on Facebook afterwards and kept talking, and that eventually blossomed into a relationship.

>> No.7912182
File: 222 KB, 701x500, Finn_afraid_of_the_ocean.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7910860
>Rainbow Gatherings.

>> No.7912363

>>7910478
at a convention
>tfw he doesn't cosplay
it's almost ironic

>> No.7912415

>>7910885
It'd really be OT in this thread, and no true hippy-dippy shit at a Gathering lets someone take their photos.
Sorry to disappoint.

>>7912182
sry.
I could write a book that would have you cringing inwardly so hard you'd become a black hole.

Sage for OT.

Captcha: office tailsob

>> No.7913611

>it really creeps me out how people will tell you to break up with someone over stuff like this
Because it's an abbusive behavior.

A cosuple of years ago I was struggling with sever low stemm and my douche ex told me not to wear shorts becuase they were slutty. Obviously I wore them anyway but then, I realized how awful is someone telling you what to do, and more your signifiant other.

For example, this
>>7909726
>but then sternly told me that I'm free to lolita but he won't want to be seen with me.
Is unacceptable, it totally translates to "Do yor weird stuff somewhere else, but you will embarrass me if we are seeing in public". That's not a supportive partner at all.

>> No.7913614

>>7913611
Ugh, sorry for the typos, I have just woke up.

>> No.7913617

>>7909707
Jesus, lurk a little before making fresh-off-Tumblr posts like this.

>> No.7913625

We met at a con first.
I started cosplaying, she followed after me, then she got into Lolita and I got into Dandy in order to not look out of place.

>> No.7913665

>>7913611
I think if you read the rest of >>7909726 it seems less like abusive behaviour and more like "look, I've tried to get into your habit and really don't like it, I don't mind if you do it but I don't want to have much to do with it". It'd different because they aren't saying YOU SHALL NEVER WEAR LOLITA EVER it's more like they just don't share the interest and maybe dislike your hobby, which can happen. It's like...if you have a partner who likes to wear really slovenly clothes, like they don't match, or they wear their work clothes (e.g. has paint and dirt all over them) out or they wear socks with holes and sandals and you don't want to be seen with them in public because it embarrasses you. It's okay to say "look, I am not going to want to be seen with you in public wearing those things because I find it embarrassing, but I don't care if you go out by yourself looking like that" it's less okay to say "omg burn all your clothes now"

>> No.7913750

My wife and I met at a D&D game. The group was into anime and we started going to cons. I made us costumes. I went as Ryoga Hibiki and she did Ranma girl-type. She looks amazing in any color hair, so the red was fine. It didn't wash out after 6 shampoos like it was supposed to (and was in for a year). We made out in the elevators to disturb people. It was great. She also was Miz Mishtal and I was Masamichi Fujisawa one year. Damn that was long ago. Now I just get the weird looks for being the one to make halloween costumes for us. Someone actually asked me if i was getting my inner seamstress on. I replied that tailoring is a hobby.

>> No.7915278

I don't have a SO, because I'm a nerd shit and my costumes are protecting my virginity.

>> No.7915281

>>7915278
Anon just find another nerd shit and take each other's costumes off.

>> No.7916924

My boyfriend and I met through a convention a while ago. I was really excited to finally have someone to cosplay with, but unfortunately he doesn't really care much for it, and has stopped having an interest in cons all together :(.
However he is supportive of me going to them and cosplaying, and helped out with one of my cosplays during con 'crunch' time (i.e. the night before)!

>> No.7916932

Boyfriendo and I met at a con and he likes to cosplay :3 I lucked out, he doesn't care what I cosplay. I've done Jack from ME2 (shaved head hella) Kalienna (PoP; costumes were pretty revealing) and I've did a Yamir and Christa "bedroom" shoot. Not one complain; 100% supportive.

As for lolita he just laughs and don't mind me (I just got into Lolita and Jfashion like 3 months ago so idk what I'm really doing)

>> No.7916934

My boyfriend is a bit nerdy himself, so it's all ok. He started going with me to conventions (he had never been to one before) and he really likes them. He really supports my cosplay and it's great to have someone that likes everything you do.

>> No.7917023

>>7909726
>>7910413
>>7913665
People are picking up on the "sternly". It was either a poor choice of word, or concerning if it is accurate. Why does he need to be stern with her? If she had said that she was pestering him all the time about it and he had to eventually put his foot down and be stern about his opinion, I would be fine with it.
If you took out the 'sternly', I would have taken it that he had thought about joining her, shrugged, said it made him kind of uncomfortable, and left it at that. Just a casual, "Oh well. It isn't for me."
The "sternly", which was immediately followed by "won't want to be seen with me" sounds more like he disapproves that she is doing it, but is only letting her since he feels like he doesn't have a right to tell her to stop.

>> No.7918250

>>7917023
That anon here. I guess I should explain.

When I said sternly, I meant that he said it in a very "do whatever, but know this" kind of way. Not in an aggressively put-down sort of way that you guys would think. He's a very clear person and would go on tangents all the time when explaining things (which is adorable.)

>> No.7918870

I met my bf in game design college, he was that white thin shy guy with glasses.. so fucking cute.
He entered lolita with me, sometimes he wears my dresses and wigs and I gotta say he looks amazing. Sometimes he gives me loliable gifts too
He's always been really open minded, so anything I suggest, he'll be up to. Our friends usually say that I'm the man in this relationship.. and we agree.
I asked him to be my cosplay couple once and since then he got addicted to it, he's pretty awful at crafting but he likes to pay/ go out to buy materials.

I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend, he's supportive, sweet and gentle. I've been in abusive relations but this... he's just perfect.
We're planning on getting married soon after we both get good jobs and a good place to live.

>> No.7918973

>>7918870
>game design college
I hope you're not one of those people who thinks story is better than gameplay.

>> No.7919041

My boyfriend loves classic and gothic lolita, but he really doesn't like sweet. He absolutely hates cosplay.

>> No.7919043

>>7918973
Not that anon, but it is

>> No.7919079

>>7919043
No. The story could be god tear, but if no one likes the gameplay then no one will play it, and ratings and such will be bad.

>> No.7919081

>>7919079
Tier*

>> No.7919091

My boyfriend likes my clothing but is less happy about the cost. He loves it when I sew things myself. Sometimes he's so proud that he brings it up randomly in conversations with his friends who couldn't give less of a fuck. It's slightly embarrassing but cute.

>>7910478
University. I was wearing otome on the first day of class and he practically chased me down because he thought I was cute. We turned out to be practically perfect for each other so I consider myself extremely lucky.

>> No.7919092

>>7916932
the tumblr is strong with this one

>> No.7919113

>>7910478
Cosplay website. I commented on one of her costumes, she ended up giving me sewing advice and we added each other on Skype. Six months later, we started dating.

>> No.7919636

>>7918973
one thing most of our teachers say is that a game can have no story but a game can't have no gameplay.
As much as it hurts to say, writing a good story is actually pretty easy, the hard part is to make it playable.
Most students have a hard time understanding that they're not making a movie, they're making a game. So it has to entertain the player and make him feel like part of that world, not just make him sit and watch.

>> No.7919683

My husband cosplays too, that's how we met. I've been trying to teach him to sew on and off for years, but he's not too into it. He really wants us to cosplay as Power Rangers together, but he wants to buy the costumes instead of having me make them, which hurts my feelings a bit.

>> No.7921208 [DELETED] 

>>Is your SO supportive of your hobby?
Absolutely. He loves that I cosplay, and loves to as well. He has a better grip on the time and money management thing than I do, so thats actually helped a lot with keeping me from slowly killing myself.

>> Do they enjoy it?
To an extent yes. He kind of hates the typical cosplayer/anime kid/tumblr idiot. And hates a lot about conventions. But loves dressing up and interacting with people in costume and at meetups.

>> Do they dress up with you?
Hell yeah.

>> Do you dress them up forcefully?
Nah. He does it willingly, and comes up with a lot of our new ideas for couples costumes.

He's pretty fucking awesome, and even just talking cosplay, he's balanced out my life so much and made me take a less stressful approach to everything.
A+++ boyfriend, would husband.

>> No.7921216

>>Is your SO supportive of your hobby?
Absolutely. He loves that I cosplay, and loves to as well. He has a better grip on the time and money management thing than I do, so thats actually helped a lot with keeping me from slowly killing myself.

>> Do they enjoy it?
To an extent yes. He kind of hates the typical cosplayer/anime kid/tumblr idiot. And hates a lot about conventions. But loves dressing up and interacting with people in costume and at meetups.

>> Do they dress up with you?
Hell yeah.

>> Do you dress them up forcefully?
Nah. He does it willingly, and comes up with a lot of our new ideas for couples costumes.

We met through SDCC and cosplay, when we were both wearing matching variations of a couples cosplay. He's pretty fucking awesome, and even just talking cosplay, he's balanced out my life so much and made me take a less stressful approach to everything.
A+++ boyfriend, would husband.

>> No.7921404
File: 606 KB, 440x237, 1373710540676.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yes. He is supportive of everything I do, as long as it doesn't involve harming myself or others. He just wants me to be happy.

>Do they enjoy it?
I dress in Lolita, and I'm still trying to get a read on whether or not he enjoys it. He comes from a very traditional family, so I think it's more so he doesn't mind it(It's just different/weird to him), but he likes it because it makes me happy.

Do they dress up with you?
Negatory. Doubt I could every get him to, anyway.

That would be awful. I wouldn't force my SO to do anything he wasn't comfortable with.

I've cosplayed once and he was supportive, even though he finds the hobby a bit funny. I would take him finding it a bit funny over him just shitting all over what I like/love to do though. He also thinks the price of the Lolita dresses are ridiculous, but he doesn't criticize/put me down for it. Again, he realizes it makes me happy and that is all that matters to him.

I said make me happy a lot in this post. Jesus. Sounds like my bf is whipped as fuck, we are just a really happy couple.

>> No.7922472

My bf dresses like a normal fag but a presentable one in buttondowns and nice shoes. He is into anime and japan but not the fashion or cosplay and I doubt that he would ever dress up with me. I ask him for outfit advice all the time but most of the time he just says that everything I try looks good, which is nice, but not all that helpful when I'm holding up like 20 pairs of socks and going 'which one???'

He was the first person to ever gift me lolita stuff. Dream come true. I was so stunned and appreciative because he went out of his way to get this niche thing for me.

>> No.7922479

>>7910478
Comic book store.

Gay af but still together after 5 years

>> No.7922509
File: 47 KB, 600x481, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just finished MS painting black hair and a head guard thing onto my fiancé to see if he could pull off Kurogane and I could cosplay my otp in a weird nonfetish sort of way (okay kinda fetish sort of way). But alas, he is one of those men who looks like a baby without a beard.
He's a super nerd who collects Nintendo games and has a game room that is better decorated and looks way cooler than our own bedroom. He actually is doing his first cosplay with me at Magfest as Gangplank from league of legends. I have no idea what I'm doing but I want to cosplay with him but I'm terrified of greasy neckbeards yelling at me for not playing it but I'm way too high strung to play team games and let everyone down and be told to kill myself every three seconds

>> No.7922522
File: 110 KB, 801x706, 1375847266710.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My bf is actually into it but keeps it on the DL since he doesn't want it to affect his professional life. We're planning on doing our first couple cosplay in the next few months! As for lolita, he doesn't seem to have a strong opinion on it. I don't wear it with him around and wouldn't subject him to a meet (I've seen so many poor, bored bfs). He's even starting to suggest couple cosplays for us, too. I'm livin' the dream, ya'll.

>> No.7924838

>>7909674
May I ask what is a 'SO'?

>> No.7924840

>>7924838
>didn't read any of the thread at all

SO is significant other.

>> No.7924937

He is really supportive of me and even gives me cute nicknames based on the characters I cosplay. I pretend that I think its pretty lame, but both he and I know I love it

As for him cosplaying, he had an apparently traumatizing experience cosplaying as sebastian from black butler from before we were together so he detested the idea of himself in one until I got him into one I made and he had a lot of fun in it.

Now all our future cosplay plans are couple cosplays.

You may vomit now but I love it.

>> No.7924964

>>7909893
Cosplay as Marvel vs Capcom characters?

>> No.7926056
File: 141 KB, 720x720, equinep.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My first SO that i have cosplayed with. She tends to take it more seriously than I do, but it's loads of fun playing dressup with her.

>> No.7926626
File: 306 KB, 480x358, 1349034042812.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is there a mens style of clothing that compliments the gl part of cgl?

>> No.7926689

>>7926626
yes

>> No.7926746

>>7926689
Would you care to elaborate?

>> No.7926776
File: 569 KB, 1000x1000, ouji vs lolita vs aristo copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7926746
Apparently they wouldn't. Depending on your body type/personal preferences there's kodona/ouji and there's EGA (Elegant Gothic Aristocrat) for both men and women.