[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 7 KB, 218x164, polls_rejuvenique_01_2646_243474_answer_4_xlarge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7878220 No.7878220 [Reply] [Original]

In spirit of All Hallows: looking terrifying for the sake of looking less terrifying edition

old one is on its last legs >>7845121

Ask your questions regarding facial and body skin care, weird voodoo beauty rituals and travel-size torture devices here!

>> No.7878388

Oily skin anon here from a while ago. I've been eating totally clean and drinking tons of tea since then but it's only getting worse. Nothing that I've tried seems to make the zits go away, even acv and aha/bha. I'm totally at a loss for what to do! I feel disgusting just going out to dinner and class and I have a date soon. What the hell can I do?

>> No.7878432

>>7878388
Have you tried anything by Simple or Burt's Bees? I had oily skin with bad acne that cleared up and changed to combination once I began using those.

>> No.7878444

Post skin care routines? Curious what others do.

>> No.7878467
File: 166 KB, 895x892, 1411187905401.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7878444
Skin Type: Oily Combination, formerly oil slick with lots of acne.

Day:
>Soap bark & Chamomile deep cleansing cream by Burt's Bees
>Soothing facial toner by Simple
>Good & Healthy weightless moisturizer by Alba Botanica
>White Lucent eye cream by Shiseido
>UV Essentiel/Anti-Pollution SPF 50 by Chanel

Night:
>Moisturizing facial wash by Simple
>Seaweed clarifying toner by The Body Shop
>Acnedote oil control lotion by Alba Botanica
>Drops of Youth eye concentrate by The Body Shop
>Snail repair eye cream by Mizon

Favorite masks:
>Bulgarian White Rose by My Beauty Diary
>Tea Tree Pore Purifying by My Beauty Diary
>Aztec Deep Pore Cleansing Clay Mask

If the weather is dry, I switch my nighttime toner to Meishoku Organic Rose's Skin Conditioner. I also like to use Simple's Cleansing Wipes.

>> No.7878476

>>7878444
/r/ one for dry skin out of curiosity.
>tfw always super tight, flaky face

>> No.7878493

>>7878476
My skin was really red and flaky, and is also dry.

The 3-step aloe vera line from The Body Shop was what repaired my skin.
I recommend the soothing gel if you don't like an oily feeling on your face, but if your skin's really, really dry, then go for the cream.

>inb4 someone saying "wah that's shitty" without offering better options

>> No.7878525

>>7878444
Skin type: formerly very dry with occasional pimple, now have dry cheeks and oily t-zone with hormonal cystic acne on my chin, occasional breakouts clustered around brows, nose and mouth. Rosacea, eczema, sensitive skin, angular cheilitis. I have a ton of skin issues so I try to keep things simple with the exception of my derm-prescribed stuff.

Morning:
>splash with water, pat dry with clean towel
>Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid
>Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

Night:
>Spectro-gel cleanser
>Paula's Choice 8% AHA gel (10% AHA weekly treatment on Tuesdays)
>whatever acne spot-treatment I've been prescribed by my derm (I honestly forget the name of my current one, it's benzol peroxide mixed with something else)
>derm-prescribed treatments for dry skin patches in my brows/hairline
>derm-prescribed treatments for eczema and angular cheilitis
>Paula's Choice Resist moisturizer with retinol

>> No.7878530
File: 84 KB, 871x720, 1407226922859.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm freaking out. I'm only 22 and I've noticed my nasolabial folds are becoming more prominent. I rarely smile, I massage my face, I moisturize with coconut oil, etc. I've noticed over the past few weeks they're getting worse.

What do I do?

>> No.7878533

How do I get rid of whiteheads?

I hear the strips are bad for your nose and skin in the long run.

As a male, I don't really do anything particular for my skin besides wash my face. Luckily as genetics would have it, I have no acne+no red patches+no particularly or dry skin. These whiteheads popped up recently, and I'm not too sure how to deal with them.

Any help?

>> No.7878537

>chemically exfoliating daily

I see this in a lot of beauty and skin care blogs and now here, is it really necessary? Seems a bit harsh to scrub your skin off EVERY day :/
You'd think it would age your face quicker and make you more prone to sunburn and cancer and stuff (feel free to call me an idiot and tell me otherwise though)

>> No.7878543

>>7878537
I've always been advised to only exfoliate twice a week at the very most. Doing something like that daily strips your skin, but maybe there are some people with really fucked up and beyond skin that that sort of thing works for?

>> No.7878551

>>7878530
Coconut oil is pore clogging for some people and for others it isn't. Maybe you need a different way of moisturizing or products with collagen or Q10.

>> No.7878555

>>7878537
You don't have to do them daily and can tweak your routine based on how they work with your skin, but I've managed my breakouts a lot better by using them daily. Your mileage may vary but I think they're worth a shot.

from /r/skincareaddiction:
>Chemical exfoliation is the preferred method on /r/skincareaddiction, it tends to be more gentle than physical exfoliation and you can do it daily.
>Physical exfoliation (yes this includes a washcloth and the Clarisonic!) should not be used more than 1-2x a week, and not if you have active acne, sensitive, flaking, or irritated skin.

More info on AHA/BHAs: http://www.labmuffin.com/2012/02/lab-muffin-guide-ahas-vs-bhas.html
Recs:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/exfoliation_recs

>> No.7878558

>>7878533
You could see a derma and get something strong prescribed to you or check out Clearisil or Neutrogena products to clean your face.

>> No.7878578

>>7878551
I've been using coconut and sweet almond oil for years now and haven't have a problem with either one. My face feels hydrated and soft after.

>> No.7878583

>>7878578
Have you tried face rollers to gently massage with? Maybe your natural collagen loss is beginning early?

>> No.7878593

>>7878558
clearisil and neutrogena are shitty and harsh though

>dry acne prone skin

>> No.7878600

>>7878476
Got ya m8
Morning:
>Wash face with lukewarm water and gentle facial brush or sponge
>Pat dry
>ACO Face Nourishing Face Cream for dry and sensitive skin
>LRP Anthelios Dermo-Pediatrics SPF 50+ sun cream

During the day I reapply the moisturiser if it's snippy outside. If it's winter I also apply either Vaseline or nappy rash cream (the simpler the better) because of rosacea.

Evening:
>Wash with Decubal Face Wash
>Thayer's Witch Hazel toner, from time to time
>Looking for a good hyaluronic acid/collagen anti-age etc night cream, but for now I use either the ACO from above or Dr Pasha Baby Cream I got on my recent trip

>Once or twice a week, Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque but the Amerijews changed the formula so I'll switch to either Aztec or bentonite clay after I'm finished this package.

>> No.7878601

I want to start the korean 10-12 step night regime, but I don't even know what products to start with, and I don't want to have to buy them all seperately. Does anyone know whether there are korean kits sold that are similar to the 3 step kits in US? (proactiv, neutrogena) google isn't helping much

I heard Missha did some sort of aqua fresh line or something, but that's it

>> No.7878604

>>7878601
http://www.skinandtonics.com/asian-skin-care-guide/

Maybe this will help. Also, the best you can try is online like Amazon, eBay, YesStyle, or Sasa.

>> No.7878612

>>7878530
if it makes you feel better, I think most people with amazing cheekbones have visible nasolabial folds

>> No.7878653

>>7878604
Since we're on that topic, check this out! http://www.skinandtonics.com/debunking-skin-care-myths-interview-cosmetic-chemist-perry-romanowski/

>> No.7878658

>>7878604
I've already looked at it, it's super helpful but they're recommending different products for each step, I'm trying to find something like a kit that comes with a couple steps

>example, some sort of box set that comes with, say, cleanser, toner, essence, emulsifier, serum

something like that. Do they just not exist?

>> No.7878662

>>7878653
Oh my god, maybe now the fucking wannabe hippies who shit these threads up with AMG PARABENZ shit will shut the fuck up.

>> No.7878665

>>7878658
I'd like to know this too. I've bought the Olay anti-aging kit when it came out and it was a lot cheaper than buying each product separately. I'd love to know if there is one this anon is asking about.

>> No.7878669

>>7878658
You could try Etude House or Skin Food? Missha does kits, too. Also..

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/list.html?q=starter&bpt=48

>> No.7878681

>>7878533
Did you try tea tree from The Body Shop or Clinique?

>> No.7878698

>>7878467
Not trying to sound like one of those natural nut jobs, but along with my skincare routine I do maintain a diet high in soy, salmon, blueberries, and tea. At the beginning of last month, the weather shifted to really cold and dry and I began to experience my first ever skin change. I began drinking cucumber water and found that even though I wasn't topically applying cucumbers, drinking this still helped my cheeks with redness. Cucumbers themselves or even cucumber juice does help some people's skin. Not sure if this input helps anyone out there, but it was worth a shot.

>> No.7878735

>>7878432
I haven't had time to buy anything new since it just started two weeks ago, but I'll take a look. Do you recommend anything in particular? I also just found out my moisturizer has coconut and olive oil in it and I'm thinking that maybe it was a mixture of oily foods and me getting a new, non watered down bottle of it that started all this.

>> No.7878742

>>7878220
>that pic
THEY SHOULD HAVE LISTNED
THEY NEVER LISTEN
AND NOW THEY'RE GONNA PAY

>> No.7878745
File: 37 KB, 350x350, -tosowoong-clean-pore-brush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have experience with pic related? I have dark looking pores around my nose and sort of clogged looking lightish ones on my chin and I was wondering if it would help.

>> No.7878754

>>7878745
I have the same thing and im going to assume that's one of those vibrating/spinning brush things? Doesn't really do much imo.
Honestly the only thing that's REALLY helped me ever was Aztec Clay masks.
I started using them recently and wow my skin now is gr8
Biore pore strips and similar also help but it doesn't last very long and it's expensive

>> No.7878763

>>7878754
It's a manual one with what's described as tiny "fur" fibers I think? The results on google images for before and afters were pretty impressive. Are aztec clay masks any similar to the Queen Helene's mud mask? I have that and it doesn't do much for me.

>> No.7878795

>>7878735
http://www.burtsbees.com/Soap-Bark-Chamomile-Deep-Cleansing-Cream/88999-00-1,default,pd.html?cgid=facialCleansers&start=7&q=#start=7

You could also, if interested, look into their acne line. As for Simple..

http://www.simpleskincare.com/our-products/category/822246

>> No.7878799

>>7878735
It could very well be your diet and those oils. Coconut oil is widely claimed to not clog pores, but the truth is that it only works for some people. Olive oil DOES clog pores. Innocent mistake, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I really hope you can fix your situation, anon.

>> No.7878807

>>7878795
Also, both of these can easily be found in your local drugstore or you could try the personal care section of your grocery store. Both are good lines and they shouldn't break your bank.

>> No.7878810

>>7878530
Do you have any seasonal allergies? I'm 25 and in the past few years I've noticed my skin has started changing with the allergy seasons. My nasolabial folds also get more... well... foldy, when my spring and autumn hay fever starts kicking in.

>> No.7878877

>>7878745
I do! It works just as well as a konjac sponge except you need to replace it less and it's more expensive.
>>7878754
It doesn't vibrate nor spin, it's just really soft and fluffy. There's a spinny one too but this one's static.

>> No.7878893

>>7878795
>>7878807
I love the look of the toner from Simple, but I've never seen the brand sold where I am. I'm tempted to try plain witch hazel since my mom swears by it and I could get some easily. I haven't seen that Burt's Bees cleanser around here either. I guess I should have mentioned I live sort of in the middle of nowhere. I do already have a cleanser by Cerave which I like, but I doubt it does much for acne.

>>7878799
It worked for me in the past, but I did notice my skin was nicer with my old moisturizer. Unfortunately the only other thing I have is calendula moisturizer which seems oily to me, but better than olive oil.

Thank you guys so much for all the advice. I wish I could give back or something.

>> No.7878921

>>7878444
Skin type: ridiculously oily, spotty. Just been put on roaccutane so I'm switching bits around, but before hand:

>Vitamins: Boots skin hair and nails + A-Z

Morning:
>Boots tea tree and witch hazel cleanser/toner
>La roche posay effaclar duo
>Mens botantics oily moisturiser

Evening
>Tea tree and witch hazel cleanser/toner again
>No7 protect and prefect serum on forehead/nasal folds
>10%benzoyl peroxide cream on chin/jaw
>Soap and Glory Fab pore moisturiser

I have botanics foaming cleanser for oily skin to use in the shower instead of the cleanser/toner. When I shower in the evening (2-3 times a week depending on my shifts) I use a cleansing brush with it too. And I use a mask once a week. At the moment I'm using boots essentials cucumber clay mask, I've used soap and glory's no clogs allowed before and I have another bottle to go back to after I finish the essentials.

Now I'm finally on roaccutane I've obviously switched out the A-Z for a multivitamin that has no A in it (and bonus has more biotin so I'm pleased with that) and I brought some botanics sensitive micellar cleansing solution to replace the tea tree and witch hazel when it runs out/my skin becomes too sensitive for it. Obviously stopped with the benzoyl peroxide, but my skin's still okay to use the effaclar duo twice a day instead at the moment. And finally I have eucerin's oily moisturiser that's designed to go with acne treatments and spf 30 to replace the botanics when I finish that.

>> No.7878937

>>7878893
Actually, Simple's toner contains witch hazel. So, you could still use that if the toner isn't around. Maybe something like aloe for cleaning your face, if BB isn't around?

>> No.7878947

>>7878763
I don't think the two are similar, no.
You can buy Aztec clay from amazon for pretty cheap, mix it with either water or apple cider vinegar, spread it on your face, and wash it off in 15 min. I was really skeptical before but I read a lot of anons raving about it so I tried it.

>> No.7878948

Does anyone have any diy/home recipes to soothe irritated skin? I popped a couple zits that hadn't come to head and my skin feels pretty irritated in general. I'm thinking of just slapping oatmeal or honey and milk on my face but I figured I'd ask here first.

>> No.7878953

>>7878948
Aloe or cucumbers, honestly. You can blend cucumbers with water and soak a wash cloth in it and let it rest on your face.

>> No.7878956

>>7878947
Seconded! That mask is friggin' great, but just be sure to dilute the vinegar a bit if using it instead of water. I only use it once a week, but I do love my warming clay mask from The Body Shop.

>> No.7878962

>>7878948
Shoot, that should read applesauce, not oatmeal.

>>7878953
Shoot, I'm out of both of those at the moment, but thanks anyway. I've got to remember to bring my aloe plant to school with me.

>> No.7878976

>>7878948
Chamomile. There are guides online for how to make it into a wash or face treatment.

>> No.7878993

>>7878948
Lavender is used in Thayer's witch hazel. I know they have a cucumber one, too. You could buy some lavender and concoct a cleanser or something?

>> No.7879004

>>7878993
Isn't lavender a skin irritant?

>> No.7879014

>>7879004
I was using oil for my face for a while until I ran out. I didnt have any problems, but anon is free to ignore the suggestion.

>inb4 cosDNA bullshit

>> No.7879021

>>7879014
I'd read it somewhere, but I did a little research and it seems to be positively implicated in wound healing, so it seems I was wrong. It's good to know, since I'd been keeping away from products that used it.

>> No.7879033

>>7879021
I vaguely remember something about eucalyptus being soothing, as well.. Though, I'm not sure how easy that is to come by if that's the case.

>> No.7879124

>>7879014
About that...
I was interested in seagulls making their own version of CosDNA.
Everything would be exactly the same, except you could whitelist certain ingredients and search for specific ones. We could import the cdna database. Does that sound silly?

>> No.7879126

>>7878795
I've been using the burts bees cleanser, everyone seems to keep mentioning it, I bought it recently but I totally dislike it

>smells sharp
>isn't helping with my breakouts in the slightest

>> No.7879134

>>7879126
That sucks, anon. I'm sorry it isn't working for you. It actually didnt work for me when I was in high school and recently, I tried again and it seems to be doing a fantastic job. You probably need something stronger. They have an acne line. There's also Dessert Essence, Clinique, Fresh makes a nice soy cleanser, too.

>> No.7879145

>>7879124
It doesn't sound silly.. You have good intentions, after all. I'm just hesitant to invite any of that sort of thing back because all it did was derail threads and start arguments, all because people would just shit on suggestions they personally had zero experience touching. It didnt help when those same anons didnt offer any advice after dubbing products 'shitty'. It was nice of someone to drop it in for an anon with picky skin, but then everyone took it way too seriously and turned advice threads into natural vs chemical scaremongering.

>> No.7879188

3months of tretinoin and my breakouts occur less often and my whitehead problem is minimal conpared to before. Only problem is that consistent use leaves my face slightly red. It doesnt hurt, it just looks red. Just an fyi

>> No.7879199

>>7879188
Thanks so much for the info! >>7878533
This may help you.

>> No.7879218

Thoughts on skin brushes?

>> No.7879232

>>7879218
They're great for some people and you shouldn't apply hard pressure when using it. I tried to use one, but my skin got irritated. I feel better using my fingers, anyway.

>> No.7879236

>>7879218
They're a godsend for my keratosis pilarsis. Definitely start with a softer brush though, because it's pretty painful until you get used to it.

>> No.7879254

>>7879126
I sympathize! Everyone raved about how great St. Ives apricot scrub worked for their sebaceous filaments, but it literally did nothing for me.

Unfortunately, that's skin care. Its trial and error, until we find what suits us best. And, if we don't try things, we can't narrow down what products really work for us.

>> No.7879293

What is everyone's experience with cold creams? I know Pond's is probably everyone's first thought, but I was reading that they changed their formula and the sodium borate is no longer in it or knock offs. Apparently, that's pissed many longtime Pond's users (women dating to 70s and 80s) off because now it doesn't work as well. Lush, while I hate their stuff, has a page on SB and it is in some of their stuff. So, I'm not concerned about 'harmful chemicals', please do not turn this into that debate.

Can oily skin types use cold creams?

If Pond's is a no-go now, what are the best cold cream options?

>> No.7879344

>>7878877
Oh, really? I might just buy a konjac sponge then. Does anyone know how to avoid the fakes on ebay?

>> No.7879367

>>7879293
Well, you can make your own or go to a galenic chemist and ask them to make you one. I've been a few times just recently, the downside is that their shelf life is usually very short and that 90% of the time they come in jars or pots.

>> No.7879594

>>7879124
Reddit's r/skincareaddiction now has a site, too.

>> No.7879644

>>7878467
Do you do all of this, or some combination as you like? Seems a little much to do it all every day and night.

>> No.7879650

>>7879644
If I don't, my face turns into the sebum capital of the world, I look greasy, and my skin feels and looks disgusting.

I'm a greasy Italian/Asian. I don't know what other way to tell people.

>> No.7879667

>>7879644
It really depends on your skin and concerns, anon. I use only one three-step line and mix certain moisturizers depending on the time of the day.

My derma prescribed me this gel that peels my skin off [it's for treating acne], but it burns like shit and is irritating to my skin, so I have to use an aloe cream at night, and then a cream for my acne during the day.
Some people just switch lines depending on the time of the day. I can see why it looks like a lot, but it somehow becomes a habit so you don't see it as much.

>> No.7879707

My skin is naturally pretty oily, so even if I take all the precautions if I shower in the evening I still wake up oily and disgusting the next morning. (My hair also does this too, but to a lesser extent.) Even if I blot, splash my face with water or gently cleanse my face of oil with a makeup wipe it doesn't seem to go away.

On the contrary, though, if I take a shower in the morning my skin is completely normal and doesn't start getting oily till the late hours of the evening (10pm or so -- I shower at 6am, so it definitely lasts a long time.)

Why is this? I want to shower at night so I have more time to sleep in the mornings (and so that I don't leave the house with my hair still damp), but it does absolutely no favours.

Also, I have a mild case of keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and some visible bacne scarring -- I'm using the Flake Away scrub right now and it seems to have prevented my back from breaking out further but I haven't seen further results yet after using it for a week. Should I be trying something else?

(And I know sebaceous filaments are more or less permanent, but is there any way to minimize them?)

>> No.7879883
File: 229 KB, 500x332, mayor.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can someone tell if it is normal my skin feels great and perfectly moisturized as I wake up, but starts getting worse within the 30 minutes afterwards? This happens even if I do not use any product or wash my face with just water during this timespan.

This has happened no matter what skincare routine I have been following in the last years.
Also, I moisturize day and night.

>> No.7879914

>>7878444
>Skin Type: it changes seasonally, but my skin is sensitive. It can get a bit dry in winter and oily in summer. It tends towards being normal-dewy complexion. I have nice skin, unblemished, no wrinkles, and try keep it well moisturised. When I was younger I used to be very oily and would get zits all the time.

I'm 24 and wondering when I should start using anti ageing products.

>Day:
- i am currently using angels on bare skin by Lush, which I used to love, but I find these days it dries my skin out more than it used to years ago, so may switch back to this gel cleanser by sukin for sensitive skin which I liked.
- Once a week I use dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliant which is alright.
- I moisturise with dermalogica intensive moisture balance
- Spf 30+ sunscreen then bb cream

>Night:
- Wash face with cleanser or just warm water
- sometime I apply rosehip oil which is supposed to be great for the skin, plus it helps remove stubborn makeup
- moisturise

>> No.7879926

>>7879883
youll have to be specific with your routine

>> No.7879939

>>7879926
This is a problem (maybe "problem" is too harsh of a word, I'd say it is more an odd condition I'd like to know the cause of) I have had no matter what routine i used in the last years. I thought it was maybe a skin reaction independent from my routine (combination skin here).

My current routine:
> clay cleanser
> day moisturizer (anti-aging)
> bb cream (with sun protection)

> clay cleanser
> night moisturizer (anti-aging)

>> No.7879977

>>7879883
I think so? My skin feels pretty good too when I first wake up which actually makes me less incline to wash it right away if I'm just staying home for the day. I got wash my face after it starts feeling a little gross though. If I have to go out I wash my face right away though, need to do makeup on a clean face.

>> No.7879982

Good oils to look for and their uses for the face? I want to start using at least one but I don't know where to start.

>> No.7880044

>>7879939
>clay cleanser
well that's why. Switch to a gentler cleanser and stronger moisturiser.

>> No.7880047

>>7880044
>>7879939
Oh and try not washing your face in the morning and instead just rinsing it with water.

>> No.7880064

>>7880047
Thanks anon! I am not sure about the clay cleanser, since I just started using 2 days ago, but I going with something less aggressive and not using it in the morning.

What I also find funny is that not only does it happen when I wake up in the morning, but also when I wake up from at least 2 hours long naps.

>> No.7880088

The skin around my eyes is turning yellow and I don't know why, any guesses?

>> No.7880163

>>7878530
> i rarely smile
that's your problem
lighten up

>> No.7880188

>>7880163
I smile too much and now I can see wrinkle lines. ;;

>> No.7880449

Can I get some info on aluminum acetate.

I got really sunburned and I read that this helps, and it balances the skin's PH, also looking at some products I found a lotion that I want to try which includes this component.

I'll list the ingredients of the lotion, I don't want to break out because I have acne prone skin, but I also want to hydrate.
Aloe vera 5%
Calendula 5%
Hyaluronic Acid 5%
D-Panthenol 0.1%
Vitamin E 0.1%
Escalol UVAB 8%
Esolex T2000 1%
Aluminum acetate 0.059g

Is it aluminum acetate astringent or emollient?

>> No.7880525

>>7878388
Record your diet habits in cronometer for one week.
If you turn out over your RDA in caffeine or sugar, then come back. (Youll need to readjust the value for the RDA)

Why the duck do you think tea is a method for healthy skin anyway? Water is. Caffeine is a stimulant. It stimulates organs. Guess what is your biggest organ?

>> No.7880533
File: 61 KB, 500x500, 0007050102354_500X500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've used Neutrogena Advanced Solutions for as long as I can remember, and while I don't remember how effective the acne part of it was, I still use the day/night lotion every day and it does wonders for my skin. The day lotion is SPF 15 and Oil-Free (and it says patent pending on the back of mine, I wonder if they got their patent yet) and the active ingredients are Octinoxate 7.5% and Zinc Oxide 2.94%. Night Lotion has 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide as its active ingredient. I don't have the box anymore but I'm sure the site has info on it if you're allergic to anything.

This shit is super old though, and it still works, so I can't imagine how useful fresh lotions will be. Looks like it's about $25 at Walmart for the pack.

>> No.7880535

>>7878530
There are literally kids everywhere who have them at a resting face. And some really smiley people I know have none at all (so envious)
Time to chill

>> No.7880545

>>7878665
>>7878658
I've seen mini kits, like they have at The body Shop. But you'll have to get full size bottles anyway. Would be most economical.

I wanted to get into the 10+ step regimine too.
First I noted down each step (toner, emulsion etc)
Then I searched eBay for ie. "Emulsion Skin food" or whatever brand you wanna look at. Then find what sounds like suits your skin type and needs, and buy some samples, or bottle if you're brave.
Do for all products. Use testers, see what you like and there's your regimine.

Oh yeah.
Apparently certain brands are better for different skin ages. Like stuff like Holika Holika, Etude, etc are better for teens, Skin Food, Missha, Innisfree, etc for early twenties etc. If you reply to my post I'll search the list for you. But it should help you find brands for your regimen steps. Narrow it down.

>> No.7880574

>>7878745
I just ordered one of these. Every time I get stuff I review it on SC threads so keep an eye out
>>7878948
I wouldn't put anything much on an open wound like that. A Manuka honey with a high rating at most.
>>7879236
Is this KP on both the face and body? Have both. Worse happens after using an epilator.
>>7879344
I didn't think they were fake? The supposed "green tea and charcoal!!" Components maybe, but they scrub real nice. It's only 99¢ to find out anon

>> No.7880590

>>7879707
How hot are your showers?
Whatever temp, have it cooler, moisturize only after you take a shower since the flowing water strips the natural protective oil off your back.

>>7879977
>>7879883
I have this same problem. Maybe the sleep healed it or something. Brain storm!

>> No.7880596

>>7879982
Jojoba. Apparently it's closest to a healthy natural skin oil.

>> No.7880605

>>7880545
>suited for certain ages

This is true, actually. A lot of anons on this board are really misinformed when it comes to Étude House and don't realize that its for teenagers. There's a reason why their AC Clinic acne line will wreck your face if you're only someone who gets acne during periods and in your adult years; Its on the same level as Clinique's acne line and designed for hormonally distressed and difficult skin prone to those teen year breakouts and oiliness. They do have anti-aging stuff like their Go Back line and that can be found as a mini sample kit with all of the pieces on Amazon, but the brand is mostly centered towards younger girls and isn't for adult acne.

Skin Food is good for people our age and so is Innisfree, their volcanic line being very affective. Also, The Face Shop makes great face washes and spot treatments. Laniege is great for moisturizing and sleeping packs. Missha is good for whitening and anti-aging. Mizon makes use of snail slime in their products for skin repair, BB cream, and eye stuff.

Also, Etude's Moistfull line has a whitening, aloe, and flower collection. All three can be found on Amazon.

>> No.7880620

>>7880574
I only have it on my body, but I get these bumps with what look like big keratin plugs on my neck occasionally that I suspect is caused by it. I can't do anything but shave since my hair grows back beneath the skin, but I'm not sure if that's related to the kp. I can write up my kp routine if you want?

>> No.7880623

>>7880574
True! I don't suppose there's a difference to the shapes? I'm tempted a teardrop shaped one just because of how cute it is.

>> No.7880629

Can you get the aztec clay mentioned at the top of the thread in smaller sizes that 1 lb? I don't want to pay $10 and buy so much if it doesn't work for me.

>> No.7880643

>>7880525
I monitor what I eat with an app and I know I'm not close to the max for either of those. The only sugar I get is from fruit and the occasional piece of candy. I stopped drinking (herbal fyi) tea right around when I started to break out, so it only makes sense that I start drinking it again, because I like it but also because I'm trying to figure out what triggered the reaction.

>> No.7880672

>>7880629
All online searches only show that its in that size.

>> No.7880681

>>7880672
I actually found someone selling it in smaller sizes on ebay, but thanks for looking!

>> No.7880683

>>7880681
FUCK YEAH ECONOMIZE.

>> No.7880947

Bought Thayer's rosé witch hazel today. It smells great. I can't wait to use it.

>> No.7881061

>>7878948
Probably should stop popping the zits, anon, it'll leave scarring. I'm trying to get over it too, but my mom put some bad habits in me...

>> No.7881117

>>7881061
I always found it confusing when people say this. I have to pop them or else they truly won't go away and turn into bruise-like bumps that are painful. When I pop them, it doesn't leave scarring. It may take a day or two to go down, but it hasn't scarred.

>> No.7881182
File: 36 KB, 510x784, my beauty diary tea tree.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Recently picked up this mask by My Beauty Diary and the egg white mask, which is more of just a basic exfoliate rather than an actual peeling mask. It's good for acne and is less harsh than the tea tree acne line from The Body Shop. I also like that it lasts longer and is easier to apply because it comes in a tube. The other masks that are liquid are..

>Cucumber- Smoothing and cooling
>Milk and grain- Whitening with moisturizing
>Egg white- Whitening, exfoliating
>White clay- Deep cleansing, whitening
>Korean honey- Warming mask for pore care and moisturizing

>> No.7881188

>>7881117
It's the ones that don't have a head on them that tend to scar. If there's a bit sticking out, go on ahead and pop 'em.

>> No.7881192

>>7881188
Oh, shit, well that makes a lot of sense. The ones that don't have heads, I don't dare touch because they friggin' hurt. Those sub-surface fuckers. I just use a spot treatment and wait. It's usually gone in about a week, but fuck do those hurt.

>> No.7881197

>>7879914
5 years ago. Seriously, anti ageing products are like a maintenance thing, get at them while your skin is still ok!

>> No.7881202

>>7881192
I think of it this way - if they have heads, then they've already opened the pore up/caused inflammation in the pore and therefore any surface scarring I get from popping them (assuming they come out cleanly) is going to be about the same as if I left them. I only like squeezing ones where it's mostly solidified though as obviously lots of irritation/picking can lead to scars. I do try and use the comedone extractor tools where I can.

>> No.7881230

I have pretty frustrating hyperpigmentation from years of cystic acne. Is there anything aside from vitamin c or hydroquinone creams that could help fade them faster? I'd like to go a more natural route, but vitamin c or e creams have never done anything for me.

>> No.7881248

>>7878444
Literally the only thing I do is scrub my face with a washcloth when I shower at night, and I have like 3 pimples per month max.

>> No.7881264

>>7881248
Congrats! My pimples are limited to the week after my periods and it's only ever two.

>> No.7881273

>>7881230
Have you looked into this stuff?
http://www.clinique.com/uneven-skin-tone-skin-care-clinique

>> No.7881829

Guys! Favorite facial masks?

>> No.7881856

>>7881829
>Warming Mineral Mask by The Body Shop
>Japanese Cherry Blossom Mask by My Beauty Diary
>Bulgarian White Rose Mask by My Beauty Diary
>Apple Polyphenol Mask by My Beauty Diary
>Skin Clearing Facial Mask by Yes to Tomatoes
>Water Sleeping Pack by Laniege

>> No.7881894

>>7878530
Smile more.

It can actually tighten facial muscles, despite popular belief. Plus, it lowers stress.

Frowning is much worse for your face than smiling.

>> No.7882029

>>7878745
A chemical exfoliant like a BHA would actually be better for your skin. I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid and it's made my pores look a lot less noticeable.

>> No.7882038
File: 60 KB, 174x273, 3680034732_full.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7878948
If you pop a zit, put a hydrocolloid bandage on it. They're meant for open blisters and cuts, and they help your skin heal faster and form a flat scab by creating a moist environment underneath. I use these. I picked them up at my local grocery store for $4.

>> No.7882043

>>7879707
I have this problem too. Maybe try sleeping on a clean towel/t-shirt every night?

>> No.7882047

>>7881202
You should use a needle to lance them instead of squeezing the skin around them. You're going to set yourself up so ugly, textured skin when you're older.

>> No.7882091

>>7878388
Quick questions to ask yourself: are you using any possibly irritating hair products? should you tie your hair back at night and change your pillow cases more frequently? have you washed your quilt/cover sheet on your bed recently?

etc. best of luck anon, I'm rooting for you!

>> No.7882122

What sunscreen do you all use? And how do you reapply it without ruining your makeup?

I generally just reapply my mild spf containing translucent powder, but recently I've been liking the finish on it less and less. I'm just worried about suncare and not sure how to best go about avoiding it for the entire day.

and is $31.25 a good deal for that missha essence? Plus shipping of course. I've heard good things but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

>> No.7882150

>>7878220

You want to hear a skincare horror story? I started getting acne when I was ten, and my mother's solution was to make me sit there while she applied a bottle of rubbing alcohol layer after layer over my face. I remember the area around my nose being so dry and cracked that moving it would make it crack and bleed. It took our doctor telling her that I was 'allergic' to rubbing alcohol to make her stop, because she didn't believe that it was destroying my skin.

>> No.7882173
File: 854 KB, 285x160, ahh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7882150
Holy shit.

>> No.7882241

>>7882173

Yep. I moisturize the fuck out of my face now. Trying to undo all the damage, ha.

>> No.7882242

>>7882150
I, uh. I'm pretty sure that could be classed as abuse.

>> No.7882247

>>7882242

Yeah, but we're Amerifats, so as long as you're not beating your child no one cares.

>> No.7882253

>>7882150
Jesus Christ anon I hope you're okay

>> No.7882258

>>7882122
Its the final step of my skin care, so its under my makeup. Chanel UV/Pollution protection SPF 50.

>> No.7882259

>>7882253

I'm alright. Like I said, I moisturize kind of obsessively now, but the damage is so bad that I'll never actually have an even skin tone or texture. My skin's now crazy sensitive too, so I have to be careful with what I use, or else I start cranking out oil and getting massive skin flakes at the same time.

>> No.7882267
File: 117 KB, 444x440, 1374796030634.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7882150
That's monstrous.

>> No.7882272

>>7882122
Its a good deal to me considering one of their full sets on the US sure are around $60 to $80, but you could always see if eBay has it cheaper than Amazon?

>> No.7882274

>>7882259
.. I can't sleep now. I'm wide awake.
I also think I might start crying.

>> No.7882353

>>7882259
I would resent her so badly for doing that.

>> No.7882357

>>7878537
My daily AHA exfoliant says on the bottle that you're supposed to always wear SPF with it because it makes your skin more susceptible to sun damage.

>> No.7882480

>>7882357
Please only apply AHAs in the evening.

>> No.7882503

>>7882357
You should be wearing sunscreen (and reapplying every two hours) regardless of having an exfoliant in your skincare regiment. Look into East Asian sunscreens. Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is my favorite because I can apply it over my makeup whenever I need to reapply, and it absorbs every quickly with almost no white cast. Also, as another anon said, exfoliate only at night.

>> No.7882528

>>7882122
Biore UV Aqua watery essence is $10 on Amazon.

>> No.7882750

>>7882150
That's some Junjo Ito shit right there

>> No.7882756

>>7882503
how the hell do you reapply sunscreen every two hours? over your face full of foundation and powder?
my boss would kick my ass if I disappeared every two hours, I can barely go to the bathroom.

sometimes I really wonder about all these crazy procedures
>it's easy, just do these 25 steps every morning and wait fifteen minutes between each one! tadaa perfect skin!

>> No.7882757

>>7882750
The grease one ahhhhhh

>> No.7882758

>>7880620
Sure!

>> No.7882761

>>7880623
Naw, I got the circle ones mostly, but used the heart shape one and the oval, they're all the same thing, the oval one I had more surface area but cost $1. Didn't feel like paying double again when the surface area isn't double.

One day I will have to buy & review the $10+ Konjac sponges which actually do have clay/green tea/etc. One day.

>> No.7882764

>>7882756
Yeah me too. To add on top of that I'm a ginge so I have to wear greasy spf 10000000+ sunscreen daily and even I don't apply it that often.

>> No.7882776

>>7880605
Laneige & Face Shop were the other ones for the 20s I forgot, thank you. And you're so right.

Found the page talking about brands and age groups, wish the list included more brands - but I guess you can tell just by looking at the models featured using the products (i.e. Cute girls in dolly clothes from Etude, vs. more mature dressed cute girls in Missha)

The most popular Korean brands among :

> 15~20 yrs : Etude House, Skinfood, Tony Moly, Holika Holika

> 20~24 yrs : Etude House, Innisfree, Laneige, Skinfood, Nature Republic, The Face Shop, Banila Co, Baviphat

> 24~30 yrs : Innisfree, Nature Republic, Mamonde, The Saem, Sulwhasoo, Iope, Hanyul, Laneige, The Face Shop

> Men: Laneige, Nature Republic, Innisfree

Source:
>http://sunhyemi.com/the-best-korean-products-for-troubled-skin-part-1-oily-skin-pimples-blackheads/

Here's a post on what end some of the products are which may interest some.
>http://hope-inablog.com/amore-pacific/korean-cosmetics-for-newbies/

>> No.7882779

>>7882761
*cost $1 more

>> No.7882782

>>7882756
You can use a sunscreen mister. Sprays on top of makeup, like the face refreshers do.

>> No.7882804

>>7882782
>mister
but I'm a miss! :^)

>> No.7882823

>>7882804
Get out of my room, Dad!

>> No.7883084

>>7882776
>that list

Ayyyy nigga, I read that a while back and had completely forgotten the website where I had found it. I wanted to post it in here for a while to help anons who were curious about Korean skin care. I like Skin Food's peach facial care, but I find myself leaning more and more towards Missha, The Face Shop, and Laniege.

I hope that these posts and links will help more people, though. I remember around last year where you couldn't dare say anything contrary about Etude House or else anons would get extremely defensive over the brand.

>> No.7883099

>>7880596
It is.
A lot of people have been hopping on the coconut oil bandwagon within the past year, but it actually does clog pores for some people. For others, it doesn't. Olive oil will also clog pores.

>> No.7883122

i dermastamp and draw my own blood to centrifuge for PRP and have almost perfect skin on my face

but let's not talk about my back

>> No.7883136

>>7883122
I understood the dermastamp, but not the PRP.
Did you have perfect skin before doing this... stuff?

>> No.7883145

>>7883136

no. i had several ice pick and boxcar scars, along with very enlarged pores.

i was on accutane for a whole year at the highest dose they would allow without killing my liver.

my back was the particularly bad (and extremely painful) part, but my face had some cystic spots, as well.

i would say my face got off easy, compared to some people, but it still wasn't perfect.

anyways, the PRP is just platelet rich plasma. all i do is centrifuge the blood to separate plasma, buffy layer, and blood, and then source from the buffy layer the platelet rich plasma. it also has white blood cells and shit, but those are useless.

the platelets just make healing go a lot faster.

>> No.7883199

>>7883145
So you just rub the "buffy layer" onto the skin, after your dermastamp?
I'm really interested because I also have icepick, rolling & boxcar scars and dat big pores.

And sore backne but we'll figure it out one day.

You also managed to get a hold of yourself a centrifuge and syringe kit? Where'd you learn this stuff? I donate plasma every 2 weeks and understand a little bit about it.

>> No.7883251

>>7883199

yep. sometimes i mix in a little plasma to make it have more surface area, but i rub the PRP into the spot i'm going to stamp, start stamping, and repeat for all other spots. don't apply PRP afterwards. waste of time; the stamping pushes it into the dermis.

as for the centrifuge, i just bought a medical grade one on amazon. you can also get one on ebay, if you desire. both places are adequate for finding cheap, liquidated medical supplies that have to be sold cheap since no one else wants that shit.

the phlebotomy i taught to myself. i started with and still use butterfly needles. platelets are small enough that they won't be damaged by the small gauge of a butterfly.

there's just simple trial and error to doing it yourself. do lots of studying about proper venipuncture and technique before attempting it. if your first attempt fails miserably (cant find vein after pulling out and in a few times), pull out and apply pressure because you probably went too deep and stabbed the vein multiple times.

then try again on your other arm til you get it right.

oh, and you won't learn anything by doing the phlebotomy on another person. drawing blood in a first person perspective is a different skill altogether.

if u have any other questions, i don't mind answering.

>> No.7883370

>>7883251
No better place to find info like this than 4chan. Thanks for your insight!

A bit of a worrywart here so I can promise you I'll study hard before I even get to buy anything. Gotten cushy with needles in my arm though, so there's a start. PRP in my area are $300 per session so do teach me.

How often are you doing it btw? Once a week? For how long?

And does one syringe give you enough buffy to do your whole face? Looking at some spun blood samples, the buffy layer looks really thin, do you have a hard time extracting it?

Not so important, but what diameter are the needles for your stamp? I got a 1.5mm dermaroller, thinking it might be too big.

>> No.7883430

25, Mohawk/White, combination normal with oily t-zone. Some hormonal spotting around period. My current routine is:

Night:
>Clean and Clear essentials foaming facial cleanser
>Nivea refreshing toner
>Olay total effects 7 in 1 night cream

Day:
>Nivea refreshing toner
>Aveeno sunscreen for sensitive skin, spf 50

I also have the St Ives pink grapefruit scrub, which I use every three days or so. I find that it's better to just swipe a toner over my face in the morning rather than cleansing all over again, or my skin starts over producing oil.

>> No.7883481

>>7883370

oh goodness, 300$ lol.

I do it once biweekly, but sometimes weekly. really depends on how your skin heals, and this is different for everyone. just go when you feel your skin is completely healed from the last treatment, and continue from there. this is usually between 2 and 4 weeks for most people. and i just go as long as i need for the areas i'm treating. again, dependent on the person and their needs.

for the blood, that depends on syringe or vial size. i have to do this ghetto since i'm not a professional, so usually i just use vials (since the centrifuge machine price for those are cheaper) and stick a needle into them to extract the buffy. works just fine. a professional would concentrate it further and more accurately by centrifuging and getting rid of the plasma all together, but as long as you extract all of the buffy coat, you're fine.

and no, i don't particularly have trouble with it. but if you do, you can consider using small syringes that fit into your centrifuge, and instead of extracting by putting a needle into a vial, you can just suck out all of the plasma into another syringe until you reach the red blood cells and there's your plasma + buffy coat. not PRP by any stretch, but close enough. also keep in mind, you need anticoagulants. just google how prp works, it's too much for me to delve in lol

and lastly, i use both 1.0 and 1.5, but i've always preferred my 1.5. 1.0 works better for refining your skin after you get rid of the scars, or if you are rolling/stamping over bony areas. just get both, you'll find they both have their uses for different areas.

im off this thread for now, so leave a throwaway email if you have any other questions. i'll try to respond and help when i can.

>> No.7883503

>>7883430
For a second there I thought you meant the hairstyle Mohawk
>tfw I'm an idiot

I found the St Ives scrubs all to be too harsh for even my nasty knees and ankles tbh, makes my skin waterfall grease after. Switching to diluted acv as toner has helped and exfoliating with a soft cloth has been pretty nice as well.

>> No.7883558

Just a (belated) heads up that the global innisfree website has free ems shipping for orders over 50 usd right now. Not for much longer tho.

My current routine (coming off of some nasty seasonal hormonal acne and sudden sensitivity)

Cleansers: Innisfree Real Olive Cleansing foam and DHC cleansing oil (will not be repurchasing DHC, next cleansing oil is The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil)
Toner: Innisfree Jejubija
Emulsion: Innisfree Jejubija
Mask: DIY honey mixed with turmeric, also using two Innisfree sleeping packs and various sheet masks occasionally. And for my mask/scrub I've been using Skinfood Black Sugar Scrub mask. In the past I wasn't fond of it, but lately it's been really good for my skin.
Spot treatment: Rinsing breakout area (my chin) with saline solution when acnes appear. Usually stops the spread and intensifying of the breakout. I also have been using the R and W spot treatment Jejubija essences from Innisfree.
Eye cream: Innisfree exo science eye cream at night & eye stick in day.

When it gets colder and drier I plan on using a face cream at night. I'm going to try out Innisfree's Soybean Energy essence and finish cream. I am a new product fiend, there is practically no line or brand I haven't tried. But so far this has been a life saver routine for my seasonal hormonal acne!

One thing that has dramatically reduced the redness I was having on my cheeks was changing to Banila Co Purity Natural Face BB. I don't love the finish, but it's being damn good to my skin.

>> No.7883621

Being a tranny who started anti-androgens and estrogen, acne/greasy skin is usually caused by Testosterone, as it's much stronger than estrogen, even a small amount about avg will likely cause acne.

Obviously because I'm born male, I take 200mg (2x 100mg), I believe you can get without prescription, from a place like qhi dot co dot uk (where I get mine).

If you're female you want to take 50mg/day at most (split the 100mg pills into quarters, doesn't reduce effectivity/dose with the kind of pill)
You can disolve it into water and drink that way, tastes minty, or swallow it, which is much easier with practice.

In fact, even if not female you probably want to take 50mg at most, I understand for guys that actually give a shit about their penis, erectile dysfunction would be a slight issue.

>> No.7883623

>>7883621
oops, forgot to mention, it's Spirolactone, my skin is now very clear and smooth comparatively to before I started, and is still improving.

>> No.7883679

>>7883621
>>7883623
>>7883481
>>7883251
>>7883145
>>7883122
well this thread got pretty gory pretty fast
tis the season I guess

>> No.7883911

>>7882776
yo those links was extremely helpful

starting to compile what brands i want to try

>> No.7884126
File: 145 KB, 792x892, 1412507075828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>27 years old w/ light acne still

why did I have to roll shit on the genetic lottery?

>> No.7884132

>>7884126
Fun Fact: Acne never goes away, it will come back

>> No.7884143

>>7882782
Oh that's such a good idea! Do any anons have recommendations?

>> No.7884145

>>7882480
*wear SPF while using it

>> No.7884205

>>7884145
I said what I meant to say. Wearing SPF is a given, but they should only be used in the evening. Quit being a cunt.

>> No.7884212

>>7884205
What crawled up your ass and died?

>> No.7884266

>>7884212
Don't know, what crawled up yours to act so uppity and correct people without knowing jack shit?

>> No.7884304

>>7883481
I think that's all I need answered for now. Thanks for your time!
(For some reason the Clover app for 4chan doesn't have a email field)

>> No.7884899

>>7884205
cat fighting aside, can exfoliating-anon explain why you should only exfoliate in the evening? (If I'm reading that right?) I use one 2-3 times a week, but always in the shower in the morning. Is there a reason to not do it in the morning? Genuinely curious here, I'm very new to proper skincare routines.

>> No.7885018

>>7884899
Because exfoliating takes off skin layers, it makes the skin thinner immediately afterwards, thus there's less protection again sun rays. The exfoliating encourages cell renewal, but it's good to give the skin a little time in the dark to do that renewing (the 8 hours of sleep you get at night is best).

>> No.7885342

>>7884132
Except that's not even true. There are plenty of people who got acne exclusively during their teens and then it stopped as they got older and their skin changed.

>> No.7885435

Oily skin anon here, I think I can finally say that everything is going back to normal! I'm still getting a few small whiteheads, but my face looks a thousand times better. I'm so relieved. I can post what I did if anyone is curious/interested.

>> No.7885448

>>7885435
please do

>> No.7885456

>>7882758
Late but I follow a routine of physical exfoliation + chemical exfoliation + heavy moisturizing. That means basically using a salux cloth in the shower (I use it instead of shaving cream and try to get my whole body,) skin brushes after I get out of the shower, and coconut oil when I'm done. I use Paula's choice 2% BHA usually after a rinse off shower (where I wouldn't exfoliate) or just when I remember to.

I do the whole salux cloth + skin brushing + coconut oil whenever I shave, so about 3 times a week, and I'd say I use the chemical exfoliator at least once a week. Without one or the other it really doesn't work for me, and if I got to long without using the skin brush the kp essentially comes back in full force. With this I have the closest to normal skin that I have ever had. There are still patches of bumps at the very tops of the outside of my thighs, and around my knees and the inside of that area where the knee ends and your upper leg begins, but other than that my skin is smooth. This also had the added benefit of making your skin super soft. The only downside is that it's a time sink. I can spend ~20 minutes or more just doing the skin brushing, so I usually just watch tv or something.

>> No.7885464

>>7885448
Alright! First I stopped using all the products that I was trying to squash the acne with, so no more AHA/BHA, mud masks, Queen Helene's mint julep cream. I also stopped using the moisturizer with olive and coconut oil in it and switched to Calendula baby moisturizer. Since my face was really oily at this point I started using oil wipes whenever I was in my dorm room. I got witch hazel and aloe yesterday and now my routine looks like this.

Morning: Cerave cleanser, witch hazel toner, pure aloe to moisturize.

Night: Cerave cleanser, witch hazel, Calendula baby moisturizer.

I also used honey and milk masks, although I'm not sure how much they helped since honey never seems to do much for me. They did seem to bring some of the acne to a head though.

Hopefully in the next few days I can go back to just washing my face with water at night. Is it better to use a cleanser in the morning or at night? I'm never sure.

>> No.7885466

>tfw you only have two more samples of a sleeping pack

I love these things so much ;_;

>> No.7885810

>>7883558
I did a small innisfree haul a few days ago with that deal! Did you get anything? I haven't tried too many of their products but everything I have has been super gentle on my skin! I'm so glad they have a global site now, too bad they don't carry their entire product line on there though.

>new product fiend
I feel you anon, I have so much stuff at home now ugh I wish I had a reset button but I can't bring myself to throw away anything.

>> No.7885842

>>7885810
I tried to find their global store, could you link please?

>> No.7885843

>>7885466
Which ones you using anon?

>> No.7885856

>>7885842
Here you go! http://www.innisfreeworld.com/main/index.do

It took me a while to find too, I don't know why they made it so hard to search for.

>> No.7885942

New here. Is there a sticky/guide I can read?

>> No.7886074

>>7885942
Sorry, we didn't make one yet. But you can check out r/SkincareAddiction on leddit, they have an excellent faq and feel free to ask us anything.
If you tell me your skin type, skin problems, country of residence, what you're allergic to and what you would like to improve when it comes to your skin, I'll look up some suitable products for you.
Also: there's no difference between skin and hair care products for men and women, don't be a good goy and fall for the marketing trick.

>> No.7886200

>>7886074
>>7886074
skin type: oily
skin problem: red blemishes, redness, imperfect tone, some medium sized pores under eyes
CoR: New Zealand
Allergies: none
What I want to improve: I'd just like a skin that has an equal tone, that's it. I don't care for lil blemishes, I just want my pale face to be pale, not overrun by red blemishes on T-Zone, cheeks, side of head, around nose etc...

Thank you if you do answer

>> No.7886237

>>7886200
Alright, I'll get back to ye in a bit!

>> No.7886266

any tips for red marks/PIH? I use a daily sunscreen and have PC aha coming in the mail

>> No.7886327

any tips on how i can stop touching my face all the time? i'll zone out and next thing i know ive got my chin in my hands or something.

>> No.7886384

>>7885810
I got The Minimum toner and ampoule, Soybean Energy essence special bundle, Eco science eye mask, aloe & Bija capsule sleeping packs, and various other little items like Chapstick and foot spray that usually I wouldn't bother with if I didn't have free shipping.

I actually won a global best seller item from the feedback survey giveaway they did. Hopefully that means they will listen to my advice about stocking more makeup products! In a few weeks I plan on just hauling the new creammellow lipsticks and ampoule intense cushion (and maybe their updated/evolved canola honey line) from koreadepart if innisfree global doesn't update their stocks.

>> No.7886551

Could I get some help organizing my skin routine? I sort of fucked up buying new things too close to each other and didn't test everything separately long enough to see how my skin reacted. Which I admit is stupid; I had a BHA exfoliant and I should really have tested it on one side of my face for a week or two to see how t worked but I didn't and now I have a bunch of new stuff. I won't know what's working on my face now. Oh well.

Here is what I have:
>Cerave Foaming Cleanser (love)
>Timeless Pure Hyaluronic Acid moisture serum
>Alpha Hydrox 14% Glycolic Acid AHA Intensive Serum
>Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid
>Mizon Snail Recovery Gel
>Ponds Clarante b3 niacinamide face lotion

Aside from Cleanser first I'm not sure what order I should be putting everything in nor if I should be waiting between applications for the pH to balance in order to prevent the ingredients from interacting.

I don't have a lot of acne but I've got PIH and ginormous pores and closed comedones. It sucks

>> No.7886559

>>7878530
It's the age I got them too. It's okay, you probably don't appear old to anyone. Kids in highschool think I'm in their age group, but I'm actually 25.

>> No.7886577

>>7886551
>Mizon

Gurl, I love their shit. I only have the eye repair and their BB cream. How is the gel?

>> No.7886625

>>7886577
I love the texture but I wasn't really sure if it was doing anything. I used it to fix the texture of my foundations so it would spread easier and have a less dry finish

>> No.7886695

How does everyone feel about Eminence skin care products? An anon from several threads ago used to work at a spa and she said that their skin care kits were wonderful. You apparently need to use their website to find a spa in your area which carries them, but I did find some of their products on Amazon.

>> No.7887402

>>7886551
If your heart is set on using both an AHA and BHA, don't use them at the same time. I recommend BHA in the morning because it's gentler and the anti-inflammatory effect will help keep your face from getting irritated. AHA will be good in the evening because it increases skin's ability to retain moisture.

>MORNING
>Cerave cleanser
>Paula's 2% BHA
>Ponds B3 lightener
>Timeless moisture serum
>Mizon snail gel

>NIGHT
>Cerave cleanser
>14% (whoa, this is a very high concentration) AHA serum
>Ponds B3
>Timeless moisture serum
>Mizon Snail

I don't think you need to worry too much about waiting in between steps.

>> No.7887989

>>7887402
The AHA serum is surprisingly mild but I'd used their 10% Enhanced Lotion for about 2 years, I've never suffered any irritation thus far though it ca make your cheeks look a little red without sunscreen. I'm gonna give the routine you've put together a shot.

I want to get my skin in as good condition as possible before I consider some sort of laser treatment or stronger chemical peel or tretinoin/adapalene based product. I have ginormous pores :(

>> No.7888210
File: 1.15 MB, 245x200, 1407414432511.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

After two years of horrible adult acne and using a myriad of overpriced skin regimes reccomended by a few different Derms, I decided that skincare could go fuck itself and stopped using anything at all. Warm water and a washcloth once a day.

>mfw my skin is totally clear two weeks later.
>All that fucking money I spent.

>> No.7888637

>>7888210
Congrats, anon! I wish it could be this simple for me.

>> No.7888652

>>7878220
no matter what I do I always get pimples around my mouth I already use a pretty strict routine is there anything I could be missing

>> No.7888703
File: 33 KB, 177x184, 1399738818389.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey I'm pretty new to skincare and I have 2 questions:

1. >Do I put on my BB cream before my anti age day care cream?

2. >I have a somewhat wide nose. I wanna contour the nostrils/lower part specifically, what do I need? Anything cheap I can get out there?

>> No.7888713

>>7888703
BB cream goes after, but as for contouring they could probably help you better over here.
>>7887404

>> No.7888734

>>7888210
I'm giving myself two weeks to see if this works.

Do you wear makeup?

>> No.7888736

>>7881197
Different anon, but what are your favorite anti-aging products? I'm in my late 20s but have no idea what brands work.

>> No.7888737

>>7878681
Why not just skip buying a $20 product and buy a $5 bottle of the pure stuff?

>> No.7888739

>>7888210
I tried the same thing a year ago and my skin got a lot worse. Why is skin so fucking complicated? Whose idea was this?

>> No.7888741

>>7879644
It may seem like a lot, but it's what some people need to do in order to keep their skin in check. I remember when I stupidly listened to the nagging of other bitches about how 'huehurr durr mayb ur skin is oily coz u wash twice day just onry do it once XDDD'.

I did it only once one day and by the following morning, my face felt absolutely disgusting. I had smeared sebum on my arm in my sleep and there it was, shining. Fucking bolted into the shower and because I listened to these stupid cunts I suffered from a breakout.

Advice is helpful and it's ultimately the person's choice whether to take it or not, but nobody else knows your own skin better than you do.

>> No.7888744

>>7888737
Because some people do require an entire three step skin care process in order to get certain things under control. It was anon's choice to take the advice or ignore it.

>> No.7888746

>>7885456
Late as well.
I've been doing everything except the BHA and post-shower skin brush. Thanks for the post!

Damn it being a time sink though, I feel like that with shaving/epilating already. Price of beauty I s'pose.

>> No.7888747

>>7888739
Unfortunately, that's just how skin care is. What is going to be the solution for one person is going to be wasted time for another. It's a trial and error process. All we can do is try things and eliminate what hasn't worked and look for new solutions for ourselves.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

>> No.7888752

>>7885464
I reckon it's better to do at night, since your face would have come in more contact with dirt and stuff during the day than when you slept, and your face does its best to heal itself more when you sleep.

>> No.7888761

>>7888739
"And then on the eighth day, God created acne and bestowed them upon Man. And He said unto Man: "ha-ha, get rekt you fucking cunt". And so Man wept, for seven days and seven nights."

>> No.7888787

Morning:
>Decubal foaming cleanser
>Decubal tonic
>Etat Pur hyaluronic acid serum
>Decubal eye cream
>Decubal face cream
>La Roche-Posay Antihelios SPF 50 ultra fluide whateverthefuck

Evening:
>Decubal foaming cleanser (using my Clarisonic brush once or twice a week)
>Decubal tonic
>Etat Pur hyaluronic acid serum
>Paula's Choice 8% AHA exfoliant
>Decubal eye cream
>Decubal face cream

I think I may have been the person to introduce /cgl/ to the Decubal brand and I regret nothing

Although I'm not blown away by the eye cream. Might replace it with something else. I'm also looking for a kind of spot treatment to help me with stress and hormone related blemishes. They always fade on their own in about a week if I manage to leave them alone but I have a nasty habit of picking at them. They're the kind that can't be popped, so really all I'm doing is irritating the area further. I've used TBS tea tree products for this in the past but those were a bit too harsh for me.

>> No.7888798

How good is Caudalie?

>> No.7888839

>>7886200
Sorry for dawdling, I have a uni exam coming up so I had to prioritise. But I'm here now!

If you have oily skin, I recommend SebaMed's Clear Face line. They have a moisturising gel that's gentle and non-oily and a face wash from the same line that's also gentle but effective. They also have a face & body wash but people reported it making their skin incredibly flaky. However, it's good and cheap if it does work for you. SebaMed also has a cleansing soap bar that has few "muh chemiculs" and is made for oily skin.
You can find some of these on sasa.com, pharmacy-nz.com, Amazon, or order directly from their website:
http://www.sebamed.com.au/clear-face-antibacterial-cleansing-foam-150ml
http://www.sebamed.com.au/clear-face-care-gel-50ml

Moisturisers:
-ApoBase 0% moisturising gel for oily skin is great, my SO uses it. Generally, if you have oily skin I would recommend moisturising gels but there's all sorts of products out there.
-Not a moisturiser per se, but if you can find La Roche Posay's Cicaplast (long narrow tube, not Cicaplast Baume B5 in the short chubby tube) that would help you a lot for blemishes and redness. I have rosacea on my cheeks because of muh genetics, it does a grand job.

Other:
-Sunscreen! I don't know how Invisible Zinc is, but it looks promising:
https://www.pharmacy-nz.com/invisible_zinc_spf_50+_50ml_water_resistant.html
-Bentonite clay or Aztec clay may help with the pores. Look in some health food shops, here they sell it by weight.
-Distilled witch hazel works well as a toner, here's some near you (https://www.pharmacy-nz.com/home_essentials_witch_hazel_distilled_200ml.html)), or you can order Thayer's Unscented or Cucumber witch hazel. Witchever.

If you can't get the Clear Face line online or in your pharmacies, or it doesn't suit you for whatever reason, ask again if you like! It's a trial and error process.

>> No.7888849
File: 135 KB, 670x424, 1412655163682.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7888787
>Decubal
>LRP sunscreen
mo nigga

>> No.7888893

>>7888737
Pure can irritate people's skin and sometimes diluting something helps. Just as you wouldn't put pure lemon on your face.

>> No.7889305

For those needing cruelty-free:

>Skin Care:
http://www.leapingbunny.org/skin.php

>Sun Care:
http://www.leapingbunny.org/sun.php

>> No.7891019

I've been having trouble over the last almost month I suppose with sudden breakouts all over my cheeks. It's not straight up cystic acne, but it's close. They're huge zits that take forever to go away but they don't start out with the typical cystic acne symptoms.

I don't know what would cause my skin to freak out like this... I haven't altered my routine in a way that would coincide with the acne, the only thing I've changed in my routine has been my cleansing oil (I switched to Silk Natural's Apricot one) but my breakouts were happening before that. I've dropped my usual products (Mizon Snail and Starfish Cream, Missha FTE and Night Repair Ampoule, and SN's Super Serum) individually and nothing has helped or changed, I still end up getting these gross zits all over my cheeks. I've even developed a couple on my nose in the last few days.

I've never gotten acne like this before in my life. If it's not my skincare products doing this, what the hell could it be? I haven't changed shampoo/conditioner, moved anywhere new, changed my diet, or been under any new stress. I'm also not on birth control so that's not the reason for it. Could weather changes cause this? I'm so lost and don't know what to do. It seems like every day I wake up and have a new spot on one side of my face.

>> No.7891066

>>7891019
Try here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/

>> No.7891084

>>7891066
I have before, every time I've posted there with some kind of issue all they me is that my routine is "wrong" somehow and that I should cycle out products to find the one causing the issue, but well, I've tried that and it doesn't work because my products aren't causing it. That or I get told to change my pillowcase which I do every other day. SCA hasn't ever really been helpful to me...

>> No.7891091

>>7891019
I'll offer my bit and see if it helps. I'm by no means an expert in skin-care. I don't even make-up, which I'm told is strange considering I'm off the lady gender.

But I skipped acne as a teenager, and now, at 30 have decided to start breaking out (so I'm still figuring this stuff out myself).

I was having a worse than usual breakout the last time I went to the store, and on a whim picked up something I read about ages ago: Witch Hazel. I use it now, instead of my regular astringent in the evening, and since I started using it, I've noticed marked improvement.

It's natural, fairly cheap, and in my opinion, worth a try.

>> No.7891108

>>7891091
I've been wondering if I may have suddenly just had my skin change with aging. I'm in my very early 20s so I suppose it's possible.

Is Witch Hazel very drying? I try to avoid astringents because my skin is really dry. I don't have a problem trying it of course, but I am curious.

>> No.7891115

>>7891108
I won't say 'no it isn't' because everyone's skin reacts differently to things. But, it does *feel* much less drying than regular astringents to me. Not as much tingle on the skin. I've only been using it a few days, but already there is less redness and they're smaller. So, even if it doesn't clear it up completely, it lessens the severity of outbreaks.

And for just a few dollars a bottle, definitely work trying.

And I feel you on the aging skin. I think I was in my mid-twenties when I first started getting some acne. I just assumed I was a little late to the Puberty Party.

>> No.7891136

>>7891108
I use Thayer's witch hazel and it isn't drying, at all. And, I'm someone who has always had oily and acne prone skin. You could look into skin care products by Simple, which are for sensitive skin types. They're at grocery stores or your local drug store.

>> No.7891141

>>7891019
A part of me wants to say to try Desert Essence's acne products or Burt's Bees.

>> No.7891152

>>7891141
Tried this. Adore it.

>> No.7891153

>>7891115
I actually just found some hidden in the back of my towel closet! It sounds good though, I can deal with a little dryness. I'm definitely going to try it out starting tonight. Thank you for the advice, I hope it helps a bit!

>>7891136
I'm going to try out some this evening. Far as Simple goes, I've not cared for the few things I've tried from them before (they made my face feel "filmy" or something), but I'll look at the line again next time I'm shopping. Thank you!

>>7891141
If the Witch Hazel doesn't work out I'll definitely look into those lines for help!

>> No.7891241

>>7891084
To me they always say exactly the same thing: "your skin looks fine..."
Cunt, I have mammoth pores that make me look like an orange with a face and shiny-ass skin, it clearly doesn't look fine.

>> No.7891386

>>7891241
>>7891084
Not trying to disagree with either of you, but people who have helped push these threads along are only trying to offer what has been praised as the better option. Anons attested to that site being the more beneficial one, so naturally, it's been suggested to people.

People have been so accustomed to anons getting way too defensive in these threads (over literally anything possible) that they've felt that maybe Reddit would have been able to help them better.

>> No.7891394

Can I use witch hazel in the morning and at night or should I not?

>> No.7891396

>>7891394
Most if not all witch hazel products say you can use it morning and night.

>> No.7891401

>>7891396
It's just straight witch hazel if that makes any difference.

>> No.7891405

>>7888736
Missha
Mizon
Sulwhasoo
Laniege
SK-II

Skin Food also has anti-aging products, but experiences vary with those. The list above are the most common and sought after anti-aging brands. Etude House doesn't market towards older women, but their Moistfull eye cream could be of use to those seeking firming and plumping. The rest of the brand isn't for aging or adult skin, though.

>> No.7891406

>>7891401
It doesn't. I use Thayer's and there's been no repercussions.

>> No.7891421

>>7891401
Great, thanks.

>> No.7891934
File: 705 KB, 2725x1687, koreanskincare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just started my Korean skincare routine after getting all my stuff in from RoseRoseShop!! The shipping took a little longer than expected, I chose the cheapest option and it took about a month to get from Korea to Atlanta, GA. One item I ordered, a cream cleanser, was out of stock and RRS notified me about it AFTER the package was shipped, but they refunded me the cost of the cleanser + the shipping (since its based on weight, they subtracted the estimated shipping cost based on the weight of that cleanser). Overall I'm happy with RRS and would order again as long as I'm not in a hurry to get my products, I even got 6 free random samples (dunno if this is common in Korean skincare orders, but I thought it was a nice free gift).

This is my first time ever using anything but cheapy American drugstore stuff, and I've never had a skincare "routine" before, and I rarely wear makeup anymore as I don't go out often, but I want better skin.

What I bought:
>The Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing Oil
>Benton Aloe BHA Skin toner
>Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
>Skin Food Facial Water Vita-C Emulsion

My skin now:
>Oily combination
>Flaky dry patch between eyebrows and dryness on cheeks
>Oily as fuck forehead and nose
>Noticeable blackheads and large pores on nose
>Random acne breakouts along chin, jaw, and side of face
>Red spots from previous big pimples
>Dark under eye circles

After the first use just now of these products my skin feels baby smooth (even though I'm trying my best not to touch it). I'm not used to using so much "moisturizer" but from what I've read it should help since before I was just stripping the oil away. I can't wait to post before and after pics after a couple weeks have passed, I hope this shit works.

>> No.7891996

>>7891405
diff anon thank you for this

>>7891934
I was thinking about ordering that cleansing oil.

>>7891084
could be fucking anything.
>Did your sleep pattern change/are you getting enough sleep?
>Are you stressed?
>Do you need to cut something out of your diet ex: meat/dairy?
>Are you drinking enough water?
>of course not, now get up go pour yourself a glass
>Are you taking vitamins?
>Do you need sulfate free shampoo/shower products

I mean shit it could be anything

>> No.7891997

>tfw europoor who wants to get Cerave cleanser
any idea where shipping is cheap?
alternatively, does anyone know a good cleanser that's easily available in the EU?

>> No.7892013

>>7891996
The oil is pretty good upon first use, I've never used anything other than American gel cleansers. Its really runny so I had to pump it in my palm and move fast, it helps if your face is already damp to spread it around. I wasn't wearing makeup but apparently its really good for makeup removal?

>> No.7892024

>>7891997
Decubal m8, we have superior cosmetics

>> No.7892028

>>7892013
that's the idea! remove makeup and other shit with cleansing oil, and move on to the foam/gel cleanser to get that shit off

>> No.7892039

>>7892028
Ohhh, I see, damn now I'm kinda pissed that the cleansing milk I ordered was out of stock.

>> No.7892045

Any recommendations for products to get rid of body acne? Especially shoulders and, uh, buttocks? Its not really bad, but there are always a few big-ish pimples.

>> No.7892054

>>7892045
The Body Shop or Alba Botanica?

>> No.7892068
File: 13 KB, 350x350, 065397.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7892045
Exfoliating + pic related has really reduced my bacne that I got from sweating

>> No.7892080

>>7892045
Tea tree oil. Body shop makes a good range of products with it in it, even body wash. Also, look at hygiene too. If you're getting acne on those areas it's probably due to sweat, dirt, and oils being prominent there. Not saying you're gross or anything, but maybe you just happen to sweat more around those areas and they need extra steps taken to ensure they stay dryer, or perhaps you use too much lotion or products that are irritating the areas.

>> No.7892193

I need a daytime moisturizer (with SPF), this is a nightmare to find. Anything recommendations? I'm combination and sensitive.

>> No.7892204

>>7892193
You could try..

>http://www.clinique.com/products/1687/Skin-Care/Moisturizers

>http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/spf-facial-moisturizers.aspx#/spf-facial-moisturizers.aspx

>> No.7892208

>>7892193
Cetaphil, Kiel's, Origins, Philosophy, or Murad are the brands which come to mind.

>> No.7892210

>>7892193
Paula's choice?

>> No.7892215

>>7892210
I know a lot of people suggest her things, but I feel such a bias towards her entire website. She does a lot of shitting on brands that have worked well for people in an asinine manner befitting someone who probably sits on that cosdna site all day, while rating her own products as perfectly as possible. Then again, I've used her stuff and Murad which both were so raved upon and they were useless for me despite that hype.

>> No.7892225

>>7892215
I only like her exfoliants but would never even consider buying anything else from there.

>> No.7892237

>>7892225
>exfoliants

I agree, they based.

>> No.7892275

>>7891997
>>7892024
Seconding this. I've been doing 'double cleansing' with plain jojoba oil and Decubal foaming cleanser and my skin likes me so much more than it used to.

>> No.7892280

>>7880629
Check a local health food store and it'll be cheaper. I scored mine and the apple cider vinegar on sale for $11 total.

>> No.7892297
File: 63 KB, 1500x1500, 618ienrQ7uL._SL1500_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7892193
I'm this person.

So I've been neurotically checking reviews and ingredients and I've come down to these two:

Elta MD - UV Physical Broad Spectrum SPF 41 Sunscreen
and
Clinique - City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25

But I'm going to go with the elta md. Paula gave it a good and said the only reason it wasn't best was because of only one antioxidant in it, phooey there are antioxidants in my toner...

Now I just need to find a good place to buy it online in Canada...

>> No.7892299

I've decided recently to start taking better care of my skin (I'm 19 so it's not like it's too late or anything) but idk how, lol
Like duh washing your face and stuff but what other things should I be doing? I hear about exfoliating and how you should only do it like once a week or something? How often should i moisturize?
Sorry for being a skin noob, but i wanna fix it, aha

>> No.7892484

>>7886327
Well stuff like that is sorta like posture, it takes a little while and you usually have to actively try to change it. Maybe work on sitting differently or instead of falling into your hands lean back. I'm guilty of spacing out and resting on my hands too but I think what helps the most is figuring out more healthy resting positions.

>> No.7892513

>>7892299
>http://blog.skincare-addiction.com/routine101/
Basic bare-bones skincare will include moisturizer, cleanser and sunscreen. Exfoliation is great but I'd start with these three first, since it can dry your skin out (for which you'd need moisturizer) and make you more susceptible to sun damage (for which you'd need sunscreen). Cleanser is to remove 'used' moisturizer/sunscreen at the end of the day (and optionally in the morning).
How often you should exfoliate depends on your skin type and the product you're using.

>> No.7892603

>>7891934

This thread urged me to research about Korean cosmetics and I made my own order few days ago as well! I also ordered Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence and cannot WAIT to it arrive. I've also eyed for that cleansing oil as well, hope it's working for you. Hope you post update if and how those have affected your skin!

>> No.7892618

How do you seagulls get your SPF? Is it in your moisturizer or serums, or do you use a product just for sunscreen? I need to start wearing some but it can't be in my foundation since I don't wear makeup on a daily basis

>> No.7892638

>>7892618
I prefer to use the same moisturizer during the day and during the night, so when I'm not wearing my SPF 42 bb cream I use a separate product. Being somewhat of a sunscreen fiend I have several tubes going at the same time. I have some LRP Antihelios that also doubles as a primer sometimes and mineral sunscreens from various brands that I wear on their own when I'm just bumming around. I used to have some stuff from Lovea that my skin really really loved but it gave me a hilariously terrible white cast, so obviously I never wore that anywhere pictures could be taken. Idk why but my skin does really well under greasy mineral sunscreen.

>> No.7892669

it's even easier to go here, the work is all done for you by skin type

http://www.skincare-addiction.com/routine

>> No.7893307

Fuck me. I should have listened to you all

>Have good skin excluding nose, have disgusting huge whiteheads
>Use the strips to remove whiteheads
>Nose doesn't get red or irritated, but they get back worse than ever

Is there a facial routine I can do, but just for my nose?

I used to exfoliate, cleanse, ect but I found out that it would have irritate my skin and give me more acne. Not to mention it would make my nose oily and the rest of the skin dry. So I just stopped and now I only wash my face with water twice a day, and now my skin is perfectly fine excluding my nose.

Mfw it's an endless cycle
>Have black heads
>Use Apricot scrub and get rid of blackheads
>Blackheads are replaced by whiteheads, use strips
>Obtain more whiteheads

>> No.7893319

i have these lines under my eyes like right under them that just look awful. I've tried to do that "asian eyebag" (im sorry I just really dont know hwo it's called) makeup but it just looks TERRIBLE on me. Is there a way to conceal this? make them fade? ANYTHING? please help ;__;

(will post pictures if needed)

>> No.7893399

>>7892215
Basically her ratings are like cosdna, it's based solely on ingredients and current research about said ingredients - and since her products are all supposed to be research-based, it follows that by her rating system they are very good. So it's good for what it is. There are plenty of other sites that are based on individual, personal reviews so I feel like she doesn't need to be yet another site offering that.

>> No.7893404

>>7885856
Thank you!

>> No.7893416

>>7893307
They're probably sebaceous filaments, anon. Be gentle with your skin since everyone has them and they don't go away.

>> No.7893418

>>7888893
So dilute the $5 bottle of tea tree. In fact you can get them diluted. The water soluble oil works better on the face anyway.

>> No.7893482

>>7893418
Anon, some people really don't give a shit about your price hang ups and we buy what we want because we have the money to do so. These threads are for suggestions and advice. If anon didn't want to buy that one, they didn't need to. Besides, some of us need full lines to help us.

>> No.7893488

>>7893319
We may need pictures, anon.

>>7893399
>Implying she isn't biased as fuck and chemical scaremongering/natural scaremongering in order to make her brand look better

>> No.7893519

>>7893482
preach sis

>> No.7893528
File: 1015 KB, 1536x1080, 20141022_180129-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7893488
>>7893319

Here you go!

>> No.7893540
File: 134 KB, 559x511, 1387772998283.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7893399
cosDNA was driven into the ground by anons who didn't know their head from their ass and used it to demonize every product that wasn't witch hazel, water, and vitamins. I can't take anyone who uses that website as hard fact seriously, especially since they've never put certain products on their faces like some of us have.

Paula is the last person that I'd trust when it comes to cosmetics or skin care. This is some bitch who studied science in college, but dropped out to become a MUA. She has no degree and she's a glorified department store counter person, in reality.

>Anything natural is automatically bad because it "may irritate"-- Despite natural working for a lot of people.

>Recommended products are always from her line.

>Foundations with notes at the bottom saying shit like: "This review is based on the foundations overall performance, not its SPF rating" and other foundations have: "Foundation does not have sufficient sun protection"-- Gets rated poor or average. Dear retard, your foundation is not your sunscreen. You should be wearing that shit, not relying on a foundation for sun protection.

>Doesn't actually use any of the products that she tests.

>Thinks witch hazel is just as bad as alcohol, despite the former having helped many for as long as cold cream has and the shit about alcohol being bad was debunked.

All in all, I'm not going to trust some pedantic woman obsessed with pushing her own brand. Especially when her own reviews for other things are so far and beyond the border of retarded that I have to wonder if the eczema she once suffered from damaged her brain, somehow.

>> No.7893550

>>7893528
Those are fine lines and they're normal, but they're usually caused be dehydration. Do you get enough water? You could also benefit from an eye cream, which will soften those. Try Clinique's All About Eyes.

>> No.7893575

>>7893550

I drink water mostly. Like I stopped drinking soda and most juice brands after I got kidney stones 2 years ago. Thanks so much about the cream recommendation! I actually buy all my makeup from Clinique. I'm using the age defense CC cream and some "laser wrinkle repair" cream I got from one of the sample packs under my eyes. Is this fixable?

How often do you recommend to drink water? I basically just drink through the whole day every time I feel thirsty and when I eat. Are there any techniques to re-hydrate yourself like carrying a bottle around or something?

>> No.7893582

>>7893550

Also, what can I do about makeup? I know this isn't the makeup thread but because of this issue, my makeup looks kind of awful under my eyes. I can't really follow any of the "cosplay eyes" tutorials because most involve putting white under the eyes and what that does it get inside the lines and make them even more visible.

>> No.7893588

>>7893575
When you are thirsty you are already dehydrated
Drink your recommended amount of water a day

>> No.7893607

>>7893575
I've used their wrinkle care for under eyes for my fine lines and it actually didn't work, because I was told that my skin wasn't dry enough and that fine lines =/= wrinkles. Clinique has a lot of good products, like All About Eyes and others, but some of their stuff actually is designed for older women's skin (it's their main demographic). So, you may find that certain wrinkle care items may be hit or miss for you. Fine lines can turn into wrinkles if they're not cared for, so do try the cream and drink more water.

As for makeup, all you really can do is use concealer for those.

>> No.7893628

>>7893582
Oh, shit I forgot to add that there are of course claims that fine lines are permanent, (same way I was told dark circles are permanent, yet mine are almost gone, ha) but I've actually been slowly getting rid of mine with a snail eye cream by Mizon. So, it depends on your skin, really. Some people have luck with serums and creams and others do not. If you don't want Clinique, you can look on Amazon for Mizon or Etude House's Moistfull eye cream. Honestly, all three of them are good and it'll depend on your preference.

>> No.7893934

>>7893482
>>7893519
Idiots. I made this comment initially because you guys are paying $20 for a product that has a bunch of other chemicals in it and a pretty bottle and marketing when you could just cut to the chase and buy a bottle of tea tree.

>> No.7893940

>>7891934
> One item I ordered, a cream cleanser, was out of stock and RRS notified me about it AFTER the package was shipped
Fuck it with all these shady sellers, I get this with every 2nd purchase I make online it seems.

>> No.7893992

>>7893934
And, still, nobody cares. I'm tired of these threads devolving to bitching about:

>weh chemikuls
>weh naturalz
>weh price

>> No.7894018

>>7893940
Roseroseshop (the website) does that but they sell as rubyruby76 on ebay and if you order from there it rarely if ever happens

>> No.7894139

>>7888736
Also, Shiseido. They aren't the Korean brands commonly noted, but they do have very good whitening and anti-aging products. They're pricey, but you get what you pay for. Also, their stuff can be cheaper when ordered from Sasa as opposed to purchased in department store.

>> No.7894835

Holy shit today I got a konjac sponge and it's probably the best thing that's ever happened. Used it for the first time with a bit of cleanser and my sebaceous filaments are completely gone. The little bumps would probably go with time, but I'm extremely satisfied as is. I know I'm late to the konjac bandwagon, but I'm so excited right now. I have a few questions though;

Does anyone have a ballpark for how often I should use it for best results, or is it just a matter of preference?

Also, what type of storage option would lengthen it's use? I've heard about keeping it in a ziploc bag/air tight container in the fridge while still damp, but i'm wondering if that would make it last longer.

>> No.7894840

>>7894835
Let it dry and hang it or put it on a dry towel.
It should be replaced every 3 months or so.

>> No.7894849

>>7884304
There is no email field anymore.

>> No.7894861

>>7894835
I started using it too and am satisified with the results of the sponge, but I keep reading that the more you scrub at and try to get rid of those filamants, eventually they'll start coming back worse than before.

>> No.7894869

>>7894835
Konjac sponges are great. Always let them dry between use. I have a hook that I hang mine off. Remember to rinse your sponge out after use, and squeeze out the excess water. Don't ever twist it since it just damages it. I use mine almost every day, some people use it less. It just depends on your skin and how it reacts. I just bought my replacement sponge because I've had my current one on the go for a little under 4 months now and I really should have swapped it out at the 3 month mark.

>> No.7894877

>>7894869
>>7894840
Thanks for your advice!

>>7894861
Ah, I was worried about that and my mom brought it up as well, so I'm planning to only use it every so often, probably once or twice a week.

>> No.7895014

Are there any Korean beauty products that are animal testing-free? I figure no, but may as well ask.

>> No.7895470

>>7891934
>Benton Aloe BHA Skin toner

Curious anon here, what's the advantage of using this over/with the Benton essence? I'm reading up for my own overseas purchase and I saw that it's soothing, but aren't most of Benton's products supposed to be? I'm a skincare newbie and want to add a BHA to my routine, but I was under the impression this wasn't meant to be an exfoliate because of the high PH.

(Still looking for a BHA and retinol that won't break the bank, if anyone has any suggestions.)

>> No.7895495

>>7895470
Someone on the r/AsianBeauty subreddit did some pH testing of products.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/comments/205xe7/ph_of_benton_products_and_some_other_asian/

A good beginner's product for BHA is Stridex in the red box. It has menthol in it, though, so if you know your skin doesn't react well with menthol, try something else.

>> No.7895622

>>7895014
Skinfood and Innisfree may be, but I'm not sure.

>> No.7896596

>>7886551
guys . . . I think its working . . .

I'm gonna give it a month but my skin is looking better

>> No.7896642

>>7895622
They're probably not, which sucks because I just ordered the peach sake powder, because I had misread that they were cruelty free

>> No.7896654

>want to get Paula's Choice Resist 5% AHA
>price: €31.00 sans shipping
my SO will kill me

>> No.7897511

>>7895495
Is BHA preferably to AHA? I have dry/combo skin, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars so it sounds like I should pick an AHA instead. However the BHA benefits list all of these things too.

>> No.7897564

Are those Daiso face masks any good? I grabbed a collagen mask last time I was there and have yet to try it.

>> No.7897880

Has anyone used Skyn Iceland products? I was thinking about buying the detox kit.

>> No.7898031

NEW THREAD
>>7898025
>>7898025
>>7898025
>>7898025

>> No.7901839

>>7878444
Skin type: combination (my cheeks are extremely dry, nose/forehead are super oily)

Morning:
> Clinique Liquid facial soap mild
> Clinique clarifying lotion 2
>Kneipp Regeneration eye cream
> Clinique moisture surge intense

Night
> makeup remover balm, if necessary
Same routine as in the morning, sometimes I use a pore-refining serum. In the summer, I also use sunscreen.

I'm kind of a Clinique addict, but their line pretty much fixed my skin within three days after being horribly dry and breaking out all over the place, so I swear by it. The moisturizer is my fave.

Don't for get to wash your pillow covers regularly and eat clean/drink lots of water. I kinda count that as part of my skin regimen.