[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 179 KB, 800x1127, Eliwood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7823548 No.7823548 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /cgl/, I'd like to ask for some advice. I'm putting together an Eliwood cosplay, and I wanted to ask if anybody had any tips or recommendations for his upper-garment.

My general plan so far has been to get either a bathrobe or oversized coat or button-up, cut off any extra tails and what-not, trim the thing to fit, and attach fabric ribbon as the trim. After that, I was going to use velcro or some other attachment method to just stick the shoulder pads on whenever I need them.

I'm pretty sure that with some effort (and finding a coat or robe that I can use), I can make this work fairly well, but I wanted to ask if anybody more experienced with cosplay could offer any better ideas or tips, as this is the first cosplay I've ever done.

>> No.7823588

>>7804153
Checking the catalog always helps.

I'm assuming you mean the tunic? Making it yourself is probably going to be a lot easier than finding a cheap coat in the right color. Simplicity 1552 is a basic men's tunic, though since it's Halloween I'm sure there are plenty of others out there. Velcro will work fine for the pauldrons, just make sure to have several points of attachment.

>> No.7823620

>>7823588
Thank you, and I apologize for making a thread without checking more in-depth.