[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 7 KB, 200x201, perfection.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7808628 No.7808628 [Reply] [Original]

What was your experience like? Good and bad stories welcome.

>> No.7808820

>tfw didn't get to meet JNigs because SHE DITCHED FOR THE GODDAM AQUARIUM

>> No.7808827

Met Yaya, Riddle, Monika Lee, Katie and Jesse at Dragoncon. All cool people.

Jesse took an awesome selfie with my friend.

Idk, they aren't my "heroes" per say so I wasn't expecting much especially not self validation. So I was pleased to get what I got out the interaction.

> inb4 Yaya gave me a bitch face from across the vendor hall

>> No.7808844

>>7808820
you didn't miss much really. met her in different con and she comes off trying too hard to be nice and superficial. She also comes off as ditzy brain dead type, where she blurts out some weird stuff randomly.

>> No.7808871
File: 70 KB, 500x500, tumblr_nas3lhYHsi1qk1wgyo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I met Yaya Han at Anime Revolution and she was insanely nice. She saw me from behind a crowd and waved me over since we were wearing the same Sonico cosplay, and started talking to me and kept saying how cute I was
>She totally ignored this group of weebs she was talking to, to talk to me.

But my hotel roommate, her friend tried to meet Jessica and asked for a photo and she replied "oh sorry no I'm busy" not even 30 seconds later a guy comes over asking for a picture and she says "OH YEAH SURE"

>> No.7808910 [DELETED] 

>>7808871
it's possible that she really was busy for just those 30 seconds... I'm not even a Big Name Cosplayer or anything, but I know when I wear anything remotely showy there's too many people asking me for pictures at once and it can be really overwhelming. Granted I'm pretty sure this is a Career for Jessica so it's kind of her job to deal with it, but at the same time, if even I get that massive amount of attention, for someone like her it's probably doubly hectic.

>> No.7808912

>>7808871
it's possible that she really was busy for just those 30 seconds... I'm not even a Big Name Cosplayer or anything, but I know when I wear anything remotely showy there's too many people asking me for pictures at once and it can be really overwhelming. Granted I'm pretty sure this is a Career for Jessica so it's kind of her job to deal with it, but at the same time, if even I get that massive amount of attention, for someone like her it's probably doubly hectic.

>> No.7808913

Only "well known" person I've ever met was Dejavudea. I thought she might be a bit full of herself, but she's the complete opposite. But I think she knows she's not a hot shit cosplayer.

Tried to meet Jnig once. That failed.

>> No.7808917

I met JNig when I was watching my friend's AA table for a little bit at a local con two years back. She was out of costume so it was a bit awkward asking her if she was Nigri. She was actually super nice, I was shocked. She bought Okami stickers and we chatted for a bit, I was happy.

>> No.7808930

I met Jessica and she was pretty chill with me. Even photobombed my friends when they were trying to get a picture with Harley's Joker. She said a bit of a snarky remark to him about how "he had fangirls waiting" when I went up to ask for my friends since they were freaking out.

Ran into her later to show her the picture and she we talked for just a minute, but she was really nice to me. I was kind of surprised, actually.

I also met Chloe from HoC before she was on it. She was really pushy about my friend doing this dating show thing they had at a con she was hosting and wouldn't leave her alone the whole day, even though it was very obvious my friend was uncomfortable with it. She also just came off as very fake when she talked.

Actually saw her again after HoC and you can see just how hot she thinks she is now, though. The way she held herself before and after is extreme.

>> No.7808933

>>7808871
>you were probably only amusing Yaya with how bad your cosplay is.

>> No.7808935

I've met the really famous ones like Yaya, JNigs, Monika, and then a few others like Sushi Monster, but I must say I melted when I ran in to CeruleanDraco and TATTO, they were so nice and fun to talk to! I also met Alodia and she was an absolute sweetheart. She called me cute and I cried a little. On the other hand, Lindsay Elyse has been rude as hell with every experience. I don't particularly care for her cosplays but the sour attitude on top isn't helping her.

>> No.7808937

>>7808913
I love Deanna. She's from my area and is super sweet/humble.

>> No.7808945

I was once walking up an escalator and I realized I was standing behind Yaya Han. I don't really have too many strong feelings about her, but I guess it's neat that she's a successful and popular cosplayer. So I figure, okay, I should get a picture of her. I got my phone out, and then these guys came up to her after we got off the escalator and they talked about how they were big fans of Heroes of Cosplay. She was on her way to something but she gladly posed with some of the guys. Me, I just took my photo, since other people were also taking photos of her, and well, that was that. Since I don't really like or dislike her too much, and the fact that she looked kinda busy after and looked like she was returning from somewhere and she was on her way to something else (I think she was returning from a panel), I didn't bother to ask her anything. But it was kinda cool seeing her, I guess.

>> No.7808948

Met a few well known cosplayers (not too huge of a scale but it's there) here in the UK over the past few years. Unfortunately none of them have been remotely pleasant to speak with. Just attitude, attitude and more arrogant self absorbed attitudes.

>> No.7808953

>>7808948
Who are the more well known cosplayers in the UK?

>> No.7808959

>>7808871
Yaya looks hideous in this picture. Wow. Her age is showing more than ever.

>> No.7808970

Met many so-called "well-known cosplayers". Mostly pleasant experiences. A lot of them are genuinely nice and personable despite the fact they deal with mouth breathers continuously for 8 hour days. Even Yaya and JNigs are pleasant but it seems more of an act and a part they've learned to play. Doomkitty is the worst when it comes to putting on an act. She always sounds like she's seducing with her rapey voice.

Most genuine, based on my own experiences: Riddle, Nicole Marie, Kristen Hughey, LeeAnna Vamp, Vampy, Soni Aralynn. They all seemed very genuine, friendly and funny.

Destiny Nickelsen and MarieDoll are the rudest. I had a friend that came to visit Destiny's booth and she was busy video chatting with some guy and she snapped at my friend for interrupting her. MarieDoll won't even get up to take a photo. They both always look annoyed and bored. You're "well known" for cosplay, get over yourselves.

>> No.7808981

>>7808935
Lindsay is only popular because she's a poor man's Jnigs. She has tried to become her clone. She looks nothing like her photos online. She has the worst attitude too.

>> No.7808996

Most coswhores have to fake it. They didn't have nerdy friends or a fandom until after they were efamous making it obvious that they're not one of us. They were never apart of the community until they could make money off it. The only friends they'll keep are the other coswhores to further their career. Sure they'll smile for the fans but if they're wincing at the same time you know they're not really into it.

>> No.7809004

>>7808996
I'm sorry you're mad that you aren't CosFamous.

>> No.7809006

>>7808912
I guess it was more "oh wow ok" because the girl was only like 15 and she's all about accommodating her male fans. I wasn't there but from what they said, they made it seem like she only cared for her male fans
>but is anyone really surprised by that

>> No.7809007

>>7809004
Hi Jnig!

>> No.7809012

>>7809006
Maybe it's because they're her only customers?

>> No.7809026

>>7808937
Agreed. Every time I see her she's surprisingly adorable.

>> No.7809030

>>7808871
You are cuter than Yaya Han. I just thought you should know this.

>> No.7809121

I met Yaya 5 years ago at a small local con for which she was a judge for the cosplay show. The show ended up being a clusterfuck due to some technical issues on the part of the hotel, but Yaya just sort of tuned it all out and made sure we all got as thorough of a pre-judging as wel could considering that these difficulties cut the prejudging slot in half. Knew my obscure character by name, was super professional and complimentary, impressed by little things in my construction I was sure only I would get excited about. I was a novice and this was only my 5th major costume ever, so I was sure our group wouldn't win anything, and I left early when the contest went over time.
>tfw our group ended up winning second highest award in the contest and I wasn't there to hear Yaya tell the whole crowd how impressed she was by our costumes and stage presence
Since then I've taken most criticism about her with a grain of salt. Mostly on here it seems to be about her appearance, plastic surgery, age, etc., which is sort of superficial and subjective. She struck me as very professional and in charge of herself, and I can admire that.
Other "famous" cosplayers I know/have met: Carl Martin I knew through his sister, and we are still Facebook friends, but apparently when a mutual friend mentioned me recently he didn't remember who I was. Not exactly torn up about it since we didn't interact very often. He's changed since being on HoC too, just as a casual observer of the sort of Facebook statuses he makes.
And I don't know if she counts (it might be just my respect for her making her seem more well known than she is) but I met Hanyaan when she was she was a judge at a local con too. She was amazing.

>> No.7809141
File: 1.87 MB, 332x250, 1407646623335.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7809004
That's a pretty retarded rebuttal to offer. Plenty of people don't appreciate liars or people who pretend to be something that they're not, especially for the sake of profiting from something many held dear.

Like, I can't even tell if you're trolling or legitimately retarded. You do realize being "cosplay famous" isn't a real career, right? It doesn't get you a degree, companies aren't going to be impressed by it on your resume, you get no 401k, no retirement plans, and when you're dried up and sagging like an adult film star at around 30, everyone else still has a steady income.

You want to delude yourself into thinking people are bitter because the age old story of sex sells took hold within cosplay? Be my guest, but don't act like there aren't any valid reasons as to why some of us grew up and won't be going to cons when we're forty.

>> No.7809165

>>7808981
>shes's a poor man's Jnigs

oh my god, my sides!

>> No.7809191

>>7809004
but Yaya has advocated being "CosFamous" so its only a matter of time real super models see a market to cash in on...JNigs days are numbered, and yaya can just retire.

>> No.7809222
File: 196 KB, 749x701, 1409660716103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I met a couple on accident. They were guests at the convention but were so bland they failed to standout amongst the better cosplayers, it was hilarious watching them huddle over to a corner rejected and alone. I didn't realize who they were until I saw my facebook, much less recognize them.
MFW their room selfie still had more likes than our communities combined. I don't even.

>> No.7809228

>>7809191
>implying the haggard thing will ever retire

She'll fancy herself as female Marty Gear and all the casuals who don't even know who the man was will kiss her ass, as per usual.

>> No.7809600

>>7809191
I feel the same, there are already a ton of models that are interested in modeling cosplay. If they find out they can gain popularity, sell prints, make money, and so on by jumping in, it could happen.

>> No.7809605

>>7809191
>>7809600
This is actually a depressing thought.

>> No.7811933

i don't know if this counts, but i've met Tempest many times. She's a crazy feminist

>> No.7813112

Met Chloe, Ivy Doomkitty, Kamui, Riddle, Monika Lee, and Nicole Marie.
Kamui was a doll. Chloe was also fun to chat with, though she still seemed pretty fake.

>> No.7813215

>>7809228
YAYA WILL NEVER COMPARE TO MARTY AND HIS FANTASTICALLY DRY HUMOR YOU TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW ANON

>> No.7813443

I met Jessica and Yaya they are sweethearts and I like Ivy. I think the most genuine are Kristen Hughey and Ani Mia. I think Destiny and NMJ are fake. Destiny is a stone cold bitch and NMJ is just stuck up.

>> No.7813445

I followed my cosplay idol into an elevator and then wormed my way into their hotel room...It was 4 years ago so I was younger, but not that much younger. So much embarassment today.

At least she seemed cool with it? We chatted and I got her number and I invited her back to my hotel for pizza. So it wasn't too bad, I guess. But it's something my friends laugh about with me still today.

>> No.7813450

>that one time I met Hotaru Tenshi 5 years ago
oh god I don't want to talk about it
maximum spaghetti

>> No.7813460

Destiny Nichelson was really disappointing. Seemed like she couldn't give two shits to talk to us and didn't come out from behind her table for a picture. Lame sauce.

Nicole Marie was the exact opposite and hilarious to talk to and took pictures with us.

>> No.7813653

Best time was meeting Kaname and getting hugs 3 days in a row

>> No.7813753

>>7813460
Same experience. Got the worst attitude from her. She was actually really cold and rude. She was texting on her phone. Nicole on the other hand was really outgoing. Met her twice now and this year she was actually the only girl to step out of the booth to take pictures. They were all behind a really long booth and they'd have to walk all the way around, but still. Her boyfriend was with her and he's super cool. I can see why one was brought back to the show and not the other. I never hear of them doing shows together anymore.

>> No.7813763

LeeAnna Vamp is super sweet, she did seem a littleon the dim side, but she was probably just too busy to have a conversation.

Met Monika Lee, Chloe Dystra, Lindsay Elyse and the Birds of Play girls at Dragoncon. Monika and Lindsay were stuck up, Chloe and the birds girls were really nice and funny. they liked my costume and talked to me for a while. I saw Volpin there too but I didn't get to say hi.

>> No.7813934

>>7813763
Lindsay is the worst. She always looks disheveled and miserable.

>> No.7813966

>>7813763
Monika Lee always has that resting bitch face going on. She looks like she doesn't want anyone to talk to her, or she is way too good to be where she is. I've only seen her on heroes of cosplay and I hated her then.

>> No.7814019
File: 48 KB, 674x293, 1376953806923.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7808827
>Yaya

To be fair, she does throw bitchy glares at people here and there. And, as cliche` as it sounds, it does tend to be when another booth or cosplayer is getting more attention than she is. I'm glad that she bitched about Anime Boston sucking (I mean, it does) and she never makes time to come here or to any of the Philly (my home) cons. It's nice not having to deal with her anymore.

>> No.7814042

>>7813215
Oh, you know it's already happening, come on. The woman is a piece of shit and everyone still eats it up.

>> No.7814059

>>7808628
Met Jessica at a con, she invited me to sit in her lap and help run a panel with her because she felt weird being up on stage by herself and though the rest of our group and I were cute.

She's pretty great.

>> No.7814064

>>7814059
thought*

>> No.7814279

I met Alexa Jean Grey and she was really nice and cool but her mom or grandmother or some shit was the one handling selling her prints which made us all uncomfortable

>> No.7814326

>>7808871
Yikes

>> No.7814560

>>7808935
tatto is a cunt

>> No.7814750

Tried saying hi to Harley's Joker once, but he gave me a quick dismissive glance, looked away, muttered "hello" and kept walking. Must have been a bad day but I was hoping to get a photo with him.

>> No.7814774

I've met a few. Lillyxandra, Heidi, and Precious are all super nice.

Yaya, Chloe, and Bellechere...not so much.

>> No.7814777

>>7808628
Met Jnig at last years comiccon
she hugged me, i told her i worked at brazzers and she gave me this huge surprised look, then we joked around

her boobs felt like stones

>> No.7814800

>>7808628
I don't really know if any trips I remember are considered "well-known" anymore. I've meet a few of the older tripfags, but the one I had the most fun meeting was Maguma. He was such a cool guy to talk with. My only regret is not trying to keep in touch with him after the con. Damn my shyness and lack of social networking.

>> No.7814811

>>7814800
>Maguma
>well known

Pick one.

>> No.7814867

>>7814811
Sorry, guess my mindset is still stuck back when "famous" cosplayers were trips, Kipi, and Yaya. Doesn't the fact that you know Maguma mean he's well-known? Or are we sticking only to those who get invited as guests to cons or whatever?

>> No.7814874

>>7814867
OP meant nigs like Tata, Nigri, Vampy, Ivy Fatkitty, etc.

>> No.7814890

>>7814874
My bad, then. I've been in the same room as Jnig once. She can be surprisingly loud while talking normally. Other than that, I've got nothing.

>> No.7815095

>>7813753
Nicole and Spencer Doe broke up at the end of January. He cheated on her. Now she's with some Colin Bass guy.

>> No.7815103

>>7814560
Explanation for said cuntyness?

>> No.7815111

>>7814777
Implants will do that to a gal.

>> No.7815133

I shot with Spiral Cats

It was very quiet because we could not communicate.

Wasted opportunity.

>> No.7815155

>>7815095
Yeah, Colin, the Nightwing guy, was the one I met. Only heard negative things about DilDoe. Never met him but all you need to do is spend one minute on his page to figure out the kind of guy he is.

>> No.7815162

>>7808935
>>7815103
Tatto's just another ladder climber that loves to talk shit about anyone. CeruleanDraco is her boyfriend, but will flirt with any girl and sleeps around a lot.

>> No.7815166

>>7815103
ever seen her twitter? when i met her she told me off for going on cgl even though she barely knew me and talked shit about other eva cosplayers

>> No.7815267

I met Ivy DoomKitty recently, went up to her table because Jnigs had a huge line of fanboys and no one was at Ivy's table. Pleasantly surprised to find out she was incredibly friendly and gave me some reassuring advice (the costume i was wearing that day was pretty skimpy, and around 4 people made rude, LOUD comments about it)

I tried to get a word in with Jnigs right as the con was shutting down, I hung around her table, but my spaghetti overflowed and i didn't say anything and was too shy to talk to her. On a plus note, she did see me from afar and actually recognized my character (super pochaco) and said "Soooo cuteee!".

>tfw you have this weeby, unrealistic dream of shooting a Sonico and Pochaco shoot with her and it will never ever come true

>> No.7816118

>>7815133
That's... really cute anon.

>> No.7816126

>>7814800
Emails in the email field if you ever wanna chat :) Always down to socialize with peeps so don't be a stranger~

>> No.7816194

Only one I can recall is Yaya at Katsucon 2012. It was right after the WCS US prelim show where she had been emcee/judge. Afterwards she was just standing around in her CC dress talking to a photographer. My friend who is a shy noob cosplayer really wanted to ask her for a picture so stood there politely waiting with me for like 5 minutes. At this point a small crowd had gathered also likely waiting for Yaya pics. When they were done talking she just turned her back to everyone and walked away completely ignoring the people waiting for her.

Now I get that people get tired and want a break, but I don't know if completely ignoring people versus at least a sorry gotta go is the best way to do it.

Also at Fanime they are very anal about having one entrance and one exit door to al the major halls and enforce it even if there's no crowd and you want ot go the other way. But when Yaya comes by the door guards always seem to just let her go whichever way she wants. Don't know if this is because she gave them some shit or no volunteer wants to be the one to tell Yaya to walk the 70 yards to the other door.

>> No.7816813

>>7816126
weird. didn't show up...

>> No.7816954

>>7816813
There is no email field now, got axed a while back. Options is only for sage.

>> No.7817818

>>7808844
It's her e-fame persona now. I met her years ago at SDCC and made small talk every time I saw her at following cons.

She used to be timid and more down to earth. Now she's like an episode of Invader Zim.

What passes for famous now anyway, the amount of Facebook likes they have? I used to talk to TallestSilver a lot too and Precious whenever I see her.

>> No.7817820

>>7814750
Also
>not knowing how much a piece of shit that guy is

>> No.7817994

>friend super excited to meet yaya at fanime
>go to the booth
>dealer's hall is about to close, no one is there
>weeb friend says hi and fangirls a bit
>just kinda stand there looking uninterested
>yaya looks a bit offended at this
not super exciting, but yeah.

>> No.7818108
File: 19 KB, 500x500, 935198_10151977765651149_1225207897_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7813966
She's actually a huge cunt irl and I feel like her "cos-fame" ate what was left of her common sense.
>Working at mtlcomiccon
>making sure VIPs & Deluxe members goes to the right doors, etc
>Lets the media and guests/etc pass by as they're allowed in
>Must ask everyone anyway for their badges
>Monika walks in with the sluttiest pretentious attitude
>I didn't recognize her and even if I did I HAVE to ask
>Tries to stop her and ask for the name on her badge
>"I'M A GUEST. "
>she never stopped walking as she literally screamed that
>Tool bitch assistant gives me the stinky eye
>mfw I realize it's her and /cgl/ never tell lies

>> No.7818116

>>7818108
My local con had her as a guest along with Nigri and some other slut of the month cosplayer. She had a car in the float and the entire time: massive bitchface. No one waved at her or smiled when she passed, it was amusing.

>> No.7818129

>>7818116
Why would anybody?
like- On my break (with my friend who is also working with me) wanted a picture with Kamui (WHICH IS SUPER NICE AND FRIENDLY HOLY MOLY), sitting next to Yaya, Vamp and Monika. I waited for my friend's most glorious moment to be over and I was watching Monika into the distance- just to make sure that hey.. maybe she's not that much of a tool bitch.. but JFC she talked to her "fans" as if they were garbage dolls that she didn't want anymore
???

>> No.7818139

>Fahr @ Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
>ultra awkward, "fake" behaviour, I don't know how to describe it, really forced friendliness like from a bad actress
>she was surrounded by kids and really young teenagers only for some reason
>tried hard to push me into buying some book or journal or something
>as I was about to go she became a little more "normal" and dropped the act a bit, but I was still weirded out.

>> No.7818140

>>7818139
2013 I meant. FBF 2014 is next month...

>> No.7818148

>>7818116
Parade not float, jesus I'm tired.

>> No.7818154

>>7809030
Why would you lie? What's the point lol. She looks fat af

>> No.7818158

I don't really know much about the famous cosplaying scene, are there any famous cosplayers in Colorado?

>> No.7818171

I made out with Yaya a couple years ago

>> No.7818177
File: 23 KB, 720x480, SM hilarious.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7818171

proceed.

>> No.7818189

Monika Lee has no chin. She looks exactly like that Cartoon TV Show with a family, I can't remember the name

>> No.7818191
File: 49 KB, 432x345, Belchers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7818189
Nvm, found it.

>> No.7818195

>>7818189
Like I mentioned how I didn't recognize her at first here(>>7818108) she has HUGE cheeks irl she's literally only fat from the face

>>7818191
I'm cracking up

>> No.7818202

>>7808917
>bought Okami stickers
shit, does this mean a slutty Amaterasu is coming? The world needs less of those.

>> No.7818252

ITT: We realize that even cosfamoose people have bad days and can't be a Disney princess face character 24/7

Oh well

>> No.7818265

I met Living Ichigo, does that count? Passed by his booth and talked to him for a bit. Checked out his panel which was somewhat informative but it was mostly just about a balanced diet and working out and wasn't too focused on cosplay. He seemed like a nice guy but wasn't there some drama with him last year?

>> No.7818278

>>7818129
I love seeing her try to ride the coat tails of JNigger. J niggs may be adverage by /cg/ standards but I'll be damned if she doesn't look like a movie star next to stink eyed Monika. Monika is cave troll shit when she stands next to JNigger.

>> No.7818280

>>7818252
>bad days

All the stories are from different days

>> No.7818305
File: 11 KB, 261x192, give that man a piece of eden.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7818280

>> No.7818420

>>7818265
That's because cosplay, like real life, has less drama with men. Girls are in a constant PROM NIGHT mode at cons. Men are bros and chill together.

>> No.7818473

>>7818420
Unless you wear digital woodland (even without the EAGs,) in which case the marines will all look at you funny.

>> No.7818499

>>7818154
So?

She does look better and fresher. There's too many things to nitpick about yaya's face and all you have on OP is she's fat? Try harder mate.

>> No.7821929

>>7818171
Ewwww, Did you died?

>> No.7821932

>>7817818
>SDCC

Did you ever meet this one?
>http://fragsandwich.com/costume-showcase

>> No.7822197

>>7809121
Was it Ikkicon? Our group didn't get pre-jugded, we were pretty confused as novices. That was a terrible show, I remember the fall out afterwards.

>> No.7822318

>>7822197
No, I'm not from Texas, but I do go to cons there and know what you're talking about. That clusterfuck was Hick Vagina's fault iirc. And whoever designed the schedule for the con. My friends refer to that as Sound Check-Gate 2010.
Yaya WAS a judge for that one too, I'd almost forgotten. I didn't compete, I watched.

>> No.7822461

>>7815166
>going on cgl

The irony of being told off by a tripfag

>> No.7822462

>>7816194
MC. You can't judge and MC at the same time.

>> No.7822468

>>7818139

who?

>> No.7822472

Met Harley's Joker.

He was shit. worst personality on a cosplayer ever. I tried to be in character and kinda interact with him when he was signing the picture, and all he did was look at me over the shoulder then away so I would get ready to pose.

I've met a lot of cosplayers and VA's and let me tell you he was the worst.

>> No.7822483

>>7822472

Did he mention how he's an actor? He loves to mention that...

>> No.7822510

met jessica at ax '13 at her booth for a meet n greet. she told me i was really cute and felt that she was too indecent to be next to me. we then took a picture. i dont really have an opinion on her, but at least i can say she was nice from my experience

>> No.7822512

>>7822510
>felt that she was too indecent to be next to me.
glad to see she knows her role...

>> No.7822518

>>7822461
What?

>> No.7822524

>>7818280
Idk about you but I have multiple bad days in my life

>> No.7822528

The only person Ive met in person was Hezachan. It was out of costume at a store, but I almost didnt recognize her. She was jumpy as fuck, almost twitchy and she kept looking around alot like she was expecting more people to realize it was her or something. Online she seems okay, but IRL shes weird as fuck.

>> No.7822532

>>7822483
Nah, he's just really stuck up. Like he's never in character outside of pictures. All he does is *pose* *pose* *pose*. He's not really any fun to meet. I've met some of the notorious /cgl/ most hated cosplayers and they have been like 10x nicer than he was.

>> No.7822540
File: 2.06 MB, 3008x2000, DSC_0289.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7822532

Since some people are posting. Me.

>> No.7822729

>>7822528
She's actually cool as fuck once you get to know her.

I used to date a well-known cosplayer and pretty much met everybody who's anybody, and they really run the gamut from vapid self-obsessed bitches to great people. I got a great idea when I broke up with my ex of what kind of people all those cosplayers were too, the ladder-climbers and status-obsessed ones immediately unfriended me and the cool ones that were actually genuine people didn't.

>> No.7822787

>>7808935
Every time I've seen Lindsay at a booth she looks like she hates her life. She ignores fans constantly to get her picture taken

>> No.7822981

>>7822462
obviously you can cause she did in the last ep of HOC

>> No.7823112

>>7817818
>Now she's like an episode of Invader Zim.
This is the most accurate description of her I have heard.

>> No.7823178

>>7822524
For every single conventions you go? c'maaaan.

>> No.7823319

Met Yaya at Anime Expo. She was really nice and pleasant to talk with. She even let me take a couple of pictures with her and used one on her fb page.

>> No.7823429

I met with Korean Cosplayers Aza Miyuko and her cohort during a meet and greet. Wasn't a big fan and was just accompanying a friend. It was a surprisingly pleasant experience. She was really nice to me. Maybe cause I had tits and they were sitting in a room wafting with the heavy smell of neckbeards that's probably been fermenting there during the entirety of the meet and greet. It was a surprising experience because I thought they might be snooty. That was a great experience seeing all the deathly glares of the fanboys cause they were posing reaaaaaallly friendly like with me. Haha strict no touching the guests policy but they can choose to pose all nice with you i guess?

>> No.7823435

>>7823429
I shit you not btw. The men there were just kinda taking their sweet time in their seats and staring at them. I kinda felt bad because it was really hot and I'd be tons uncomfortable if I were in a situation like that but they just seemed to be cool and smile all the way.

>> No.7823457

>>7823429
>heavy smell of neckbeards that's probably been fermenting there during the entirety of the meet and greet

That sounds awful. You were their beacon of non smelly neckbeard anon.

>> No.7823469

>>7818139
I met her too @ animaco. she was tired but normal. not like I expected.

>> No.7823580
File: 147 KB, 500x540, 1387052651198.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>meet Kamui at a party
>she turns away when I say hi
>next day, she sees me talking to a well-known photographer
>"oh hey, I totally didn't see you here before! how are you doing?"
Ayyyyy

>> No.7823594

>>7822468
Fahr Sindram, the manfaced lolita/Loki cosplayer who selfposts here.

>> No.7823745
File: 146 KB, 292x514, 1289238285574.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7816954
GARBAGE!! UGH!

>>7814800
Welp muh email's maguma_usagi(at)yahoo(dot)com

>> No.7823900

>>7808933
*shots fired*

>> No.7824819
File: 30 KB, 250x250, IMG_0921.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7822540
Cooking mama you so adorable.

>> No.7826173
File: 82 KB, 1280x720, 34542352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7824819

Thanks, anon :3

>> No.7826178

>>7822540
dear lord i hate him but you kawaii as fuck

>> No.7827697

sauce of OP image?

>> No.7827699

>>7827697
boku no piko under the bridge.

>> No.7827700

This spring I found out that Kaname hates salmiakki, eats watermelon like a little boy and is fond of Polish cherry vodka.

Kaname was awesome.

>> No.7827799

>>7823580
ehh I've done this before, myself, tbh. It's possible she had something on her mind at the time or was busy.

>> No.7828264

Met Johnny Junkers at a con. Total tool, super full of himself, wouldnt talk to anyone who wasn't well known. Met KO Cosplay too, was the same way, total bitch.

>> No.7828317

>>7822532
Anthony/HJ's local to my area and a lot of people who know him can't fucking stand him. And the only reason he does Joker is he does it well and generally dislikes cosplays as a whole.

>> No.7828333

>>7828264

It seems that a lot of you have meet him and the consensus is that he's a tool (have yet to read a positive meeting with him). This saddens me. I like looking trough his tutorials and he seems alright on his facebook page.

>> No.7828352

I want to meet Amy Lynn but I think I would stutter too much.

>> No.7828367

>>7828333
Same. I met him at a convention not too long ago, and he was an absolute dick. Then went nuts on some guy after the guy said "It must be the roid rage". It was hilarious to see him lose his cool.

>> No.7829904

>popular girl in my comm
>insanely hot like what, hold the fuck up
>I hide from her all the fucking time
>she starts to notice I stalking
>and I gay
>we're in the same venue space and she JUST COMES THE FUCK OVER AND STARTS TLAKIGN TO MEE WAHT THE FCUK NO GOD I'M NOT READY, SPAGHETTI EVERYWHERE
>OH AH UM HI
>Literally cover my hands with my face like a kid holy fuck I am embarrassing
>"it's okay anon, just relax"
>"NoO I'M holDinG You UP PleASE Be ON YoUR WAY"
>I can't even look at her straight, her smile is like AUUUGGHH
>"Ha you're fine! It's okay, I'm gonna get lunch wanna come?"
>aaaAAHHHHH
>I make my order and only then do I realize don't have enough cash on me and she covers MY LUNCH WHICH IS HUMILIATING
>'NO I'M SO SORRY, PLEASE I'LL SKIP LUNCH"
>"It's fine! Think of it as a welcome to *her towns name*!"
>so much spaghetti

I love her so much, my life is hot pain, help me.

>> No.7829911

>>7823745
Oh my god, Maguma you're alive, I love you, you're the only famous cosplayer I want to meet, I have loved you for the past 6 years, I am serious god Maguma, an old flame rekindled, my spark has been ignited by your undeniably beautiful use of pokemon memes, please go to a con near me, I want to suck your tits.

>> No.7829917

>>7809605
>>7809600
glad this will never happen with lolita because most of it is made for 5'4" and under cuter average sized women and not 6'2" 100 lbs > gaunt models
>inb4 someone mentions chokelate
>shes pretty but its obvious some of the stuff doesn't fit her right or is too short for her

>> No.7829927

>>7818202
I actually hope she cosplay's evil Rao now just to spite you

>> No.7830122

>>7829927
But she has her boobs hanging out. It's canon. That's fine. I don't like when people slut up a design for Ammy.

>> No.7830132

>>7829904
that's so cute, anon

>> No.7830637

I walked by yaya han at Acen a few years ago in that one league outfit she wears. Jfc is that fucker short. Didn't say anything because i felt this negative vibe from her.

>> No.7830862

>zal did nudes
I was honestly surprised

>> No.7830870

I get drunk off my ass with animeweedlord420 and his girlfriend sometimes. Dunno if he counts as a "famous cosplayer".

>> No.7831241

>>7828264
He's okay outside the con scene. Nice guy kind of. But he likes to offer advice constantly even for things he knows nothing about. So I took him out of my news feed and blocked him from seeing my updates so he can't tell me how to do everything. Not really a dick. But definitely full of himself and posts on here a lot.

>> No.7832548

>>7822981
She was not a judge.

>> No.7832578

>>7828333

He's more of an airhead and will be enthusiastic on talking about things like props, swords, games, dogs, and other dude stuff, but a huge tool in terms of highschool dudebro mentality and willingly to sell himself out to ride on coattails of others to be cosfamous and get free rides to as many places as he can.
That's really all to who Johnny is.

>> No.7832584

>>7829911
ew

>> No.7832920

Indifferente

>> No.7832921

Wtf lol

>> No.7833012

>>7832548
they said she wasn't but she was deliberating with them. Looks like a judge to me.

>> No.7833025

>>7808628
>tfw I know someone who is slowly becoming cosplay famous.

I hate it with a passion. Nice woman, but I hate that every girl is now trying to turn cosplaying into a modeling career.

>> No.7833031

>>7833025
Because a lot of these girls are not actual model material, as in high fashion, runway, shit like that. They're usually not thin enough by that industry's standards and not tall enough, so they settle for being the shitty Suicide Girl or soft core porn star because attention is attention.

>> No.7833772

>>7828317

I heard he doesn't even read the comics per-se.

>generally dislikes cosplays as a whole

Isn't his fiancee a cosplayer as well???

>> No.7833832

I met Courtoon at Disneyland during a disneybound meetup and she was really nice and even let me take a silly faced photo with her photographer. Had a lower sounding voice than I'd imagine but whatev

>> No.7833862

>>7815166
Sup Purblind.

>> No.7833907

>>7808628
MissYeru approached me at one of ACEN's raves, complemented me on my Battle Bunny Riven cosplay, and disappeared into the crowd before I found out who she was.

>> No.7834395

>>7833907
She's super awesome. Was at a party at a Cali con, found out she was there, I went to tell her I was a big fan but instead she threw a drink in my hands and told me to chug with her. Good times.

>> No.7834760

>>7834395
>>7833832
Missyeru and Courtoon are both cute as fuck and awesome people. TFW I spaghettied in front of missyeru and just had to excuse myself

>> No.7834947

>>7808948
Who?
I can't think of any cosplayers that are actually well know.

>> No.7835010

>>7834760
Met Missyeru briefly at PAX. She seems pretty rude and had this 'I'm better than you and can't be assed to care' attitude that day. I'm told it's contradictory to how everyone else has experienced her, and I just went up and told her I loved her League cosplays. She barely even looked at me and was like 'Oh...really?' and otherwise seemed to wave me off.
I'm guessing it was a bad day? Left a nasty taste in my mouth for her.

>> No.7835640

>>7835010
wasnt she working that con? ive never met her at a con that she was working at.

>> No.7835754

>>7835010
That's really out of character for her. She freaked out about my League cosplay before I could even say hi to her. She's definitely not the "holier than thou" type. Sorry you had a bad experience.

>> No.7835882

>>7832578
Airhead is an understatement. He blew up on me at a con at the beginning of the year cause I was talking about how JNigs had fake tits. He said they weren't fake and I needed to stop spreading that.
He's as dumb as a fucking rock and a roid rager to boot.

>> No.7835907

>>7808628
Met Bellechere, she was lovely, and funny, and very bubbly, even for an end of the day kinda thing. Back in the days of her BlackCat cosplay. Good times. Also; Dat ass. Her husbando is a lucky man.

>> No.7836142

>>7827700
>eats watermelon like a little boy
What does this mean? Is this a euphemism or something?

>> No.7836146

>>7833025
Same, except the girl I know is not a nice person, either, just super fame hungry. Never spends time with anyone unless she can get photoshoots or kiss the ass of a more popular cosplayer.

>> No.7836397

>>7835882
who the fuck gossips at cons about a person if they do or don't have fake tits you are one fucking salty catty person man.

>> No.7836555

>>7835882
He just defended her cuz he loves white girl pussy.

>> No.7837075

>>7835754
Yeah, I figured it was compared to what everyone told me. I guess she was just having a bad day, and maybe if I meet her again, things will be different. It's hard to remember people can have bad days sometimes.

>> No.7837098

>>7808871
>she called you over to make herself look better/thinner

>> No.7838352

>>7837098
it backfired now she looks dried up and old.

>> No.7841282

>>7829911
Fear has knocked on my door. I kicked it in the teeth but I'm still concerned.

>> No.7841602

>>7822540
>that smile

Unf you look AMAZING

>> No.7843788

>>7808871
Yaya is probably older than your mother.

Also you look cuter.

And I don't even hate Yaya. Just an observation.

>> No.7845504

>>7808935
I love Lindsay. I actually have her as a friend on Facebook and have met her several times. She even offers advice and ever so often asks for advice. She is so nice to me and I really don't deserve it because I am an awful cosplayer.

>> No.7846040

>>7845504
Lindsay Elyse should never be offering advice on anything pertaining to making cosplay. Get the fuck out of here.

>> No.7846041

>>7845504
> I am an awful cosplayer
So is she, that's why you are bff.

>> No.7846114

>>7845504
what advice can she give, have you seen her costume?