[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 220 KB, 544x470, 1258519202630.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7718342 No.7718342[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What's on your mind cgl?
Good, bad, angry, proud. Whatever you got.
I'll start.
>keep falling into depressive slumps, not maintaining my diet or exercise routine.
>how I wish I felt about not looking pretty in my cosplay.

>> No.7718352

Too much work to do on cosplay thing so I just don't work on it at all.

Feel like I'd be like a fish out of water at a con because there's no way I can make it look as good as the shit I see other people make.

Not even sure if I could even succeed at an art booth and try to sell commissions.

Don't even have cons near my area and don't have money to fly/drive out to one.

Life sucks and I feel like shit.

>> No.7718362

>>7718342
Constantly planning new cosplays that I can't afford, and wondering how everyone else does it.

Worrying about stretch marks that I'm slowly getting rid of with vitamin E oil.

Trying to go back to my ideal weight without pulling any muscles.

Wanting to play video games, but I don't have time for that shit.

Trying to pull together procrastinated cosplay for a con that is in22 days 4 hours and 45 minutes.

>> No.7718390

My city's cosplay scene has turned into a giant human centipede style shit eating, drunken, circle jerking drama fest and I want to tell them all to go fuck themselves

>> No.7718392

>>7718352
hey anon. I know some days will always be tougher than others, but it really is baby steps. Mountains are moved not first with boulders, but with the gravel first or some other shit like that.

I for one started this thread to really just get it off my chest and that's making things feel a little lighter. you got this

>> No.7718413

i'm worried i'm beginning to starve myself without realizing

it's starting to affect my health pretty badly

>> No.7718441

>>7718392
Idk anon...after I lost my dad and my two dogs...

And now I'm trying to get off my depression medication...which may end up being a terrible decision anyway.

>> No.7718497

I just broke off the friendship with the only person I feel I've ever cared about because my side of it got toxic. I just don't care about anything, and when i do, I get obsessed. Life's pretty much just wake up, lift heavy things, plan projects, work on projects, go to sleep.

I'm productive, but I'm not engaged at all. My diet's perfect. I run 5 times a week, and lift 5 times a week. I get out and socialize. I just can't really connect with anybody.

>> No.7718503

>stop cosplaying because no money
>have alotta free time though
>sad

>get job
>get tons of money
>no time
>still cant cosplay

Fuck this shit.

>> No.7718531

>can't get a job due to having lost a ton of government documentation when my mother passed away
>living in a shithive at the moment since my house is falling apart and gets infested by god-knows-what by the hour
>super self-conscious about everything about myself, since i'm a trans girl who can't take hormones yet because i don't have a valid health card and that'll take up to 2 months still and there's only so much makeup can do
>really broke so i can't exactly go outside and do things i enjoy with people to take my mind away from it all
>also feel super inferior to my cosplay friends because i'm the only trans girl in my cosplay friend circle and everyone else is a cis girl
>also can't stop sleeping lately, not sure if depression or summer hibernation

Life is suffering.

>> No.7718543
File: 116 KB, 960x960, please kill me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718342
-screaming inside-

>> No.7718545
File: 70 KB, 660x495, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to study this
>want to work as this
>want to cosplay this
>whatever I do bf just says "gosh you're being really elitist right now"
>tell him I don't fancy being a hairdresser because it's not my field and the pay is shit
>"gosh, you know hairdressing is honest work, nothing wrong with that, you're so elitist"
>I have certain ambitions and he keeps saying "you know you're overestimating yourself, nothing wrong with an honest job like a waitress or something"
>meanwhile bitch nigga is 22 and still in high school, "hasn't decided" what to do for 3 years now and when I or his mother press him about it he starts crying and saying we're nagging and bullying him

>> No.7718554

>>7718545

DTMFA

>> No.7718559

>>7718545
Dammit posted too early
>I say I wanna cosplay a character and start working on it
>"isn't this a tad too complicated for you? Why not just simplify it"
>I say I don't want it to look like shit, want it to look perfect
>"gosh you think you can be the best at everything stop being so elitist"
You keep using that word

>> No.7718568

>>7718559
Sounds like an uppity bitch boy anon.

Why are you dating him?

>> No.7718570

It's actually going really good.

/cgl/ helped me get back to doing weeb stuff with my mentally ill brother.

thanks, dashcon threads!

>> No.7718571

>>7718545
>>7718559
This guy seems insecure. He's likely afraid that you're better than him, and wants to drag you down to his level. Have a serious talk about it and don't listen to him if you think he's underestimating you.

>> No.7718574

>>7718545
>>7718559
Yeah... you really need to have a long talk about this with him and basically tell him that if he can't be supportive, then he needs to keep his mouth shut. Don't let him get away with tears or any other BS, because he needs to understand that this is not acceptable and will hurt your relationship in the long run. If he can't get off his ass to better himself the he has no right to criticise.

>> No.7718578

I fucking hate congoers in my country - all they do is bitch about how $10 is very expensive for tickets and yet they want better guests, a location that doesn't suck etc.

They also seem unable to process how the vendors hall works and somehow think that the admins control the price of the vendors. Protip: original anime/merchandise is expensive, if you want to expend $1 for a knock off go somewhere else.

>> No.7718607

>>7718413
how do you not realize you're starving yourself?
or are you like that Korean guy who was so into his games he died in a pc bbang cos he forgot to feed himself and such?

>> No.7718614

>>7718441
hey man. I don't know you, I only have a little glimpse of where you're coming from. But if there's one thing I know, you fucking got this.

Don't disappoint this internet stranger, cos you're awesome.

>> No.7718621

>>7718607

Different anon, but for me, it's super easy. If I come home late, I'm too tired to eat, say fuck it, then go to sleep almost immediately despite being hungry. I also have huge spending issues, so I've often skimped on food when I found out I could save that ten bucks for let's say lolita or crafts.

I'm making changes though. I've made a huge effort this summer to eat and exercise more to even out, since I looked something like a holocaust victim when I came home for summer without even realising. I looked pretty disgusting when i was trying on bikinis, so I tried to up my game in terms of weight.

>> No.7718632

I miss my best friend, we haven't talked for 4 years and I can't stop thinking about her lately.

>> No.7718636

>>7718545
dump him, date me instead. then dump me because I'm creepy and will always and only tell you you're perfect.

but seriously though, talk to the bitch. He'll probably take ages to admit it, and you shouldn't just tell him upfront and be confrontational, but it's probably something stemming from his own insecurity or short comings

>> No.7718638

>>7718545
>dating fuckbois
You brought that on yourself, aon.

>> No.7718641

>>7718570
not sure if sarcasm.

>> No.7718643

>>7718545
Dump his ass. I'm serious. He obviously can't keep up with you and wants to drag you down to his level. You are too good for him and he is super scared you will realize.

>> No.7718645

>>7718641
not kidding.

they were sharing stories of family, and I said my brother and I used to do cons, animu etc together until he started getting real fucky and a suicide attempt.

He's diagnosed with BPD. He had a lot of trouble doing stuff since with me, but we went to a con together and it was fab.

>> No.7718647

>>7718621
hmm I guess this is on the flipside of "let me just snack a bit."
eating CONSTANTLY throughout the day.

either way, I'm glad you're taking steps to being healthier. It's hard to dress in lolita coords if you're dead.

>> No.7718652

>bf whining and moping for over a week now
>at first try to make him feel better by being extra nice
>reason he's moping in the first place is because he's a dumbass who wrecked his car, lost his job, failed all his college classes and owes the school $1000 basically for being too lazy to be bothered with school work
>he's still moping around and hasn't done shit to bring himself back up

fuck you, if you're not gonna try to be happy I'm not going to try to make you happy. And no, I don't want to have sex with a whiny faggot, that's not hot

>> No.7718654

>>7718652
Shit girl, my boyfriend can be suicidal levels of bipolar and even he would call your BF a fag.

>> No.7718656

Similar feels as >>7718413

I've been losing a lot of weight lately and I'm not sure why.
I think I've been eating okay and I'm not really exercising either. I'm basically a couch potato.

But I've dropped from 100lb to 92.8lb in 2 months, and I'm kind of worried.
Not sure what changed, but pretty sure I'm starving myself without noticing too.
I mean, I eat when I'm hungry, but maybe I'm not eating enough? I'm actually pretty gluttonous and eat a lot of unhealthy food like chips and shit loaded with fats and calories.

>> No.7718658

This one girl I have on facebook always posts statuses like "i'm so shy, idk how to start convos but don't be afraid to msg me i want to be friends with everyone!" and it just irks me because she was extremely snobbish to my friends when I first met her.
I tried messaging her a few times because I found out we were into the same shows (and maybe we just started out on a bad note) only to have the convo fall flat because she doesn't respond with anything but "lol yeah" and emoticons. It bugs me too since whenever some bug-eyed asian girl or an attractive guy posts on her wall or tries to make conversation she'll be like "OMG NICE TO MEET YOU~ I hope we can be friends, don't be afraid to message me (((:"

I shouldn't let something like this bother me, but it does...

>> No.7718661
File: 217 KB, 650x891, 2010-10-04-Eat_Shit_And_Die_164.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718654
>>7718652

>> No.7718663

>>7718645
nice. I'm really glad to hear that

>> No.7718664

I'm in a slump. I enjoy making my own costumes but lately I've been feeling as if I can't do it anymore. It doesn't help that friends expect me to walk them through making their costumes or trying to get me to fully make them. I started two new ones at the beginning of the year but haven't gotten anywhere. I'm hoping me taking a break from making costumes after I finished the started two will bring back of enjoyment of making them.

>> No.7718667
File: 76 KB, 639x428, 1406422924912.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718656
>92.8lb
Get help. Seriously.

>>7718663
Yeah. He had a good day though. A bad day usually consists of self harm (burning and weird stuff) and not being able to get out of bed. He's been let go at two jobs and dumped for it already, and the kid's only nineteen.

But otherwise it went great. He still plays VNs and stuff. He at least has fun with that.

>> No.7718669

>>7718654
Yeah my bf is super bipolar, too, but he won't admit it. He thinks he's fine.

>>7718661
Dunno if you're trying to imply I'm being insensitive to mental illness or not. I'm bipolar as fuck but I own up to it, see a doctor, and take my medication. There's a difference between being mentally ill, trying to fix it, and people being fuckers to you, and being mentally ill, denying it, and being a dick to loved ones who are trying to help you.

If you won't help yourself then I can't help you

>> No.7718670

>>7718652
>>7718654
>>7718661
at the end of the day, everybody heals differently. We've all been there where things just kinda suck and we feel hopeless, regardless of who's at fault. Find some balance between nudging him in the right direction and being patient while things click for him and he can stand up on his own. Easier said than done, yes, but if you love each other it won't even be a thing.

>> No.7718673

>>7718390
which city?

>> No.7718678

>>7718656
>>7718667
well 92.8 might not be bad depending on this anon's body height and what not, but maybe try monitoring what you're consuming? if you notice you're eating less calories as a trend, then it's that. If you're eating and doing the same stuff and still losing weight you might be physically ill even if it doesn't feel that way

>>7718667
19? Not that self harm is ever healthy, but I'm sure he's still got a lot of fucky brain chemistry from hormonal changes on top of anything else. Be the awesome brother you are and stick with him. Things will get bad, things will get better, but I have faith in you guys that things will get good.

>> No.7718687

>>7718669
by the slice I've seen in this thread, it seems as if you're being a bit unsympathetic to the way he's healing. Some people find it easier to climb mountains than others.

but you have a point. No doubt it can get frustrating, especially cos the solution is RIGHT FUCKING THERE whythefuckcan'tyouseeitfool. Either way, if they don't understand it right now, they don't understand it right now.

>> No.7718689

>>7718678
I doubt that anon. I doubt he will get much better, but he's still my brother, and I'm his sister. I doubt it's his hormones fucking with him because he was fine until he was almost seventeen. I don't want to even imagine what he's going through.

And I wish I could be mad at his gf leaving him after one month because of it, but god knows I couldn't stay with a man who was like that.

>>7718664
Give it time, find a new hobby for a few months and come back to it.

>> No.7718692

>>7718652
Oh hey that's pretty much my SO's life story.

Except turns out depression is not something you can bring yourself out of just like that. Not of a reflection of your inability to make him happy, but just how it is.

It took us both years to get to a better place. (still not perfect - but he's passing classes and we're financially stable!) Helping someone who is depressed is a ridiculously frustrating process. It's an extra burden to shoulder. If you don't think you can be there to support them, or feel burdened by them, then the relationship is not good for either of you.

And that's the thing - I honestly, legitimately though he was just being lazy. Except it turns out that when people don't tell you what they're feeling, it can look that way when it really isn't. This is something I didn't understand until I became depressed myself and failed all of -my- classes.

So you need to talk to him, ask him about his moods, motivation, etc. If he complains of having no energy and generally feeling terrible, he's probably depressed. Find a psychologist in your area. Get him some help, before it becomes too much to deal with for you.

>> No.7718694
File: 2.77 MB, 287x191, 1404904085443.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cosplay comm split in two due to dramu among friends upon friends
>absolutely no-one to hang out with anymore because of that shit aside from a few very close buddies that I've not seen in a year or so
>have no idea if people are still hung up about it or if they're getting along and they hate me or something

>> No.7718696

>>7718689
oops. don't know where I got the assumption you're his brother.
whether or not one of us are right, the important thing is, you seem like you're being very cool about this, but also realistic

>> No.7718697

>>7718658
This makes me livid, and unfortunately, I know people like this too.

>> No.7718700

>>7718667
yeah anon, I'm definitely a little concerned.
Weird thing is, I still have a lot of flab on my tummy and arms. I mean, it's not a muffintop or anything, but not a beach bod either. Guess I don't have a lot of muscle weight because I don't exercise, lol.

>>7718678
I'm 5'2 and have a small frame so I'm pretty average and 100lb was a norm for me, but I'll take your advice.
I'm going to try to eat a lot more and hope I gain some more weight, if I keep losing I'll go see a doctor about it.

>> No.7718702

>>7718664
>>7718689
also take pride that your friends look up to you, even if they are using you as a bit of a crutch

>> No.7718703

>>7718694
ugh being insecure about stuff sucks

>> No.7718705

>>7718658
stop being white and or ugly.

fuck her. that shit pisses me off, even if it shouldn't

>> No.7718716

>>7718687
I know what you. I love him to pieces, really, so it's just so frustrating when I'm telling him to see a psych and he scoffs at me

>>7718692
I really, really do love him. More than anyone I've been with. I want SO BADLY for him to be happy.

And I know he needs to see a psychiatrist. As someone with bipolar disorder myself, I'm not one to say mental illness isn't a real issue.

My problem is that I've told him for like over a year that he really needs to see a doctor, but he scoffs at me. He says he can't possibly imagine "having to be on medicine to be normal my whole life" and he fails to see how offensive I find that phrase due to the fact that I'VE been medicated for years and don't really have plans to go off my meds

>> No.7718728

>>7718545
>dating a 22 yo high schooler
Bitch, he should have been out by 18. Dump him. You deserve better.

>> No.7718731

>>7718716
I mean, that shit is really scary when you look at it subjectively rather than objectively. As well as a lot of unspoken broken social norms about seeking psychiatric help.

I don't know 100% how seeking help for bpd works, but maybe ease him into getting help with group therapy first where you're there beside him showing him that you won't ever judge him for what or who he is. I think it might have a bigger impact to him than you just saying it, no matter how true it is and how much you mean it.

>> No.7718735

You're all dating failures and fuck ups. Get a new bf or get single.

>> No.7718741

>>7718731
bpd=/=bipolar,

Worlds apart.

>> No.7718752

>>7718741
yeah... that's what I was thinking

Bipolar disorder is pretty easily treatable in most people. it's just a matter of taking your meds. Bpd is... bpd is not.

>> No.7718753
File: 19 KB, 512x384, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718545
>22
>in high school

>> No.7718764

>>7718741
>>7718752
oops my bad. For whatever reason I thought they were synonymous even if I knew better.

>> No.7718765

>>7718752
I've dealt with both people before.

If you are bipolar, you can easily work towards a better life

BPD is finnicky and EXTREMELY personal. Have fun getting any treatment. Meds may work, may make it worse, therapy is usually a dead end etc.

It's a shame, because they're extremely emotionally intelligent people. Generally wouldn't hurt a fly.

>> No.7718766

>>7718716
I gotcha. Yikes, that's pretty crappy of him.

He need to realize that he won't necessarily need to be on meds forever, and that there's alternate methods to try (like CBT for example). Not that there's anything wrong with medication in the first place. A diabetic wouldn't go without insulin because "they can't imagine being on meds for the rest of their life," it's just the same.

But I think I'm preaching to the choir here lol. I hope that you'll be able to get through to him eventually and that everything works out well for you two.

>> No.7718872
File: 7 KB, 269x188, images (41).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718342
Trying to go down from 125 to 105 and never being able to do it ever, going to try a new method of eating healthy asian foods along the line of high fiber noodles, miso yadda yadda and veggies and what not. I always have "fuck it" moments and eat all the sweets I can get my hands on. So i'm hoping a more unusual diet then what i'm use to will help distract me from sweets, or i'll just fail and be pudge forever until my next pathetic attempt at slimming down.

>> No.7718913

I actually cant gain weight. I'm a skinny shit and no matter how much I stuff myself I just can't break 120. I look anorexic and it sucks.

>> No.7718918

>>7718913
Let's switch whoohoo

>> No.7718922

>>7718913
Wait until you turn 20.

>> No.7718923

>>7718872
Don't listen to haters
I really believe some diets are better for certain people than others.
Just try something until it works. Something will eventually work.
I used to be highly addicted to sweets, and weaned myself off of them, so it's possible.
Weirdly, part of what helped me was watching Panty & Stocking. Panty always goes on about how she stays thin by eating spicy foods, so I I stuck with spicy, savory, sour foods and avoided sweets.

>> No.7718932

>>7718923
I'll try that, but it's like an endless cycle, where I get upset over my weight and then stress eat sweets then gain weight then get more stressed and eat more, im hoping to break it soon

>> No.7718933

my period is 2 weeks late

i dont even have a real reason to be worried about it but i sure am anyway

>> No.7718935

bought a meta skirt that came out in 2013. the quality wasn't a far cry from that of my offbrand modern sweet stuff.
HOWEVER, the quality of my oldschool brand is incredible.
What fucking gives, man?
Did the quality drop after the print craze?

>> No.7718945

>>7718933
It's okay anon, hopefully abortions are legal in your country

>> No.7718953

>>7718945
im a virgin so i doubt thats it

>> No.7718955

>>7718953
You're going to die

>> No.7718956

>>7718953
Well, keep it in mind anyway

>> No.7718957

>>7718933
Stress can make your period extremely irregular, I had this awful situation where I would stress badly over making my cosplays and finishing them on time and then the day of the con, when I was like so relieved and happy my period always came, it's a bitch.

>> No.7718962

>>7718918
Deal.

>>7718922
I'm actually nearing 30. But I look like I'm 18.

>> No.7718965

>>7718955
finally, the end is near

>>7718956
i will thanks

>>7718957
i was under a lot of stress before it was supposed to come and since ive been stressing about it, but i read 2 weeks was too long for just stress? its a possibility though

>> No.7718968

>>7718965
Anon, for real though it can be a lot of things. Stress is a big one, dietary changes, I don't know how old you are but in adolescence it's normal to have irregular periods. If you've been losing weight or exercising a lot, that can do it too. Certain drugs. Even if it's none of that, if you're sure you've not had sex I wouldn't worry about it at all.

>> No.7718972

>>7718933
Let's switch, anon. I have mine every other week.

Too afraid to figure out the cause. They've ruled out ovarian cysts, tumors, and stress (since it has been happening since puberty). Could lead to infertility, not that I have intentions of having kids.

>also virgin who is too afraid to go to the gyno.
>doctor said to do that and they'll take blood tests after.
>sobbing forever

>> No.7718974

>>7718962
>I'm actually nearing 30. But I look like I'm 18.
Wow, another rare and speshul snowflake on /cgl/. So amazing everyone here looks more than a decade younger than they actually are! What a unique place on the internet.

>> No.7718975
File: 14 KB, 633x758, 1363494053225.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718962
>30
>virgin

W-what happened anon?

>> No.7718977

>>7718975
wrong response

Im male, 24 and a virgin.

>> No.7718984
File: 228 KB, 500x333, 1393908978312.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718977
Oh god-what have I done.

>> No.7718987

>>7718968
I'm 20 and it had been freakishly on time the previous 6 months or so compared to since i started it
it was also the first time i did anything with a boy at all but it we didnt go far enough that its possible

>>7718972
oh god im sorry anon that sounds awful, i'm not sure i could handle going to a gyno either
if i had to deal with it every other week i might just change my mind and do it though

>> No.7718991

>>7718872
Oh my god, literally my problem. Besides exercising, I'm stocking up on different vegetables to make salads and cutting down on my meat, but then I see candy and my will shatters.

>> No.7718992

>>7718987
Stress can really fuck with your period

>> No.7718995

>>7718965
Different anon, it could be stress or a combo of other factors, like exercising a lot, or not eating well for an extended period of time. During swim season in college, my cycle would lengthen from 28 days to 35 days, but in my current not-as-active self, my body still does this if my team has a big project deadline coming up at work, or my parents/in-laws are scheduled to visit soon. Regular runners of marathons may not have their period for months at a time.

>> No.7719000

>>7718991
Seriously, thank you I feel a bit better someone else has the same issue, my other friends are all a lot skinnier then I am and they don't have any issue with it. Have you ever actually lost any weight? and if so how much or doing what?? I lost a couple once when I went a bit overload and did a 500 calorie diet and exercised a crap load, but of course it wasnt healthy and it just fluctuated and all came back eventually.

>> No.7719004
File: 41 KB, 483x363, 1363922542806.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718413
IKTF
6'4" 165 lbs is healthy, right?

>> No.7719005

>>7718972
>>7718987
Ah, I fucked up. I meant to say that it's every two weeks when I'm not on birth control. I'm on a three month one now, so it happens about every month or so. More manageable, which is why I haven't gone to the gyno yet.

I should really get off my ass and do it, though. I was fine during the intrauterine ultrasound, but for some fucking reason, it's that metal device that gets me.

>> No.7719174

I spent 2 whole years as a NEET after I graduated high school, doing nothing but sitting on my ass at my parents house, browsing the internet and playing video games. I"m not even a neckbeard, I'm actually a thin girl, but have serious mental issues and because I'm a complete idiot/slacker I wasted that time doing nothing with my life.

Now those two years are gone. Two years of my youth vanished, and were worth nothing. I'm getting older now, and even though I've started college, have a job, and I'm now turning my shitty life around, I can't help but grieve over the fact that those two years could have been used for something productive.

I know it's all completely my fault, but yeah. That's what's been on my mind lately.

>> No.7719820

I think I'm finally going to have to get rid of my cat. I just moved out of my old apartment and there's a lot of damage based on her being special needs/not litter box trained, and everything I've tried has only worked a little bit. Where I'm living now she has to be cut off in a small bathroom because the people I'm living with won't tolerate damage, and I know deep down that if I let her out she'll soil on the carpet.

I don't know if it's better to network through some cat rescues in the area to find her a new home or try and send her with a family member. Either way, it's sinking in that keeping her in a bathroom is more cruel than trying to find her a new home where she can roam free. It really hurts because I love her so much and I had her during a really hard time in my life, but...I don't want to repay her for that love by confining her.

>> No.7719823

>>7718752
>Bipolar disorder is pretty easily treatable in most people.
Nope. Bipolar is actually a pretty shitty illness and people often get in trouble with the law, attempt suicide etc. How manageable it is really differs from person to person. Some people are able to live a relatively normal life, but others spend half of their life in psych wards.
It's just that BPD is even worse, especially because the available meds are very limited and because people often, knowingly or unknowingly, sabotage their own treatment.

>> No.7719838
File: 11 KB, 260x393, I hate people.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718342
>online group of cosplay friends
>we all shit on each other because lel edgy ppl
>I'm more than capable of taking a few jokes
>sometimes people go too far though
>lately I've been shit on the most because I'm the designated fattie uggo
>people treat the attractive girls in our group noticeably better
>everyday it's, "KEK ANON UR SO FAT FAT WHORE XD"
>I start to defend myself because holy shit they won't stop that
>I actually do struggle with my weight pretty badly and they know it's a bad insecurity of mine
>they poke it anyway
>I retaliate
>guys go "HURR UR SO DEFENSIVE AND MEAN U BITCH Y CANT U BE LIKE 'insertreferencetogirlthey'retreatingbetter'"
>"...Because you assholes berate my looks and then insult my intelligence by saying you're just kidding about it when you admitted you weren't at one point."
>girls go "TEEHEE ANON DO U HAVE BDD? UR RLY NOT THAT UGGO OR FAT"
>"But you don't exactly tell the guys to shut up when they do it, and why are you insinuating I have a mental disorder when people are picking on my insecurities right in front of your eyes?"
>"LELELELEL LOOK AT FAT BITCH GETTING SO MAD KEK UGGO FATTIE UR SO MEAN"
>mfw they're actually being serious
>mfw they all have self-admitted insecurities
>mfw know I have to cut them out but they're all so manipulative that I bet they'd find a way to spin it like a problem I somehow caused
It's so fucking autistic.

>> No.7719847

>>7719174
>I can't help but grieve over the fact that those two years could have been used for something productive.

I can't help but grieve that I could have been born into a rich family, or that I could have won the lottery last year when a co-worker gave me a ticket, or that my cat could have survived when it fell off my balcony, etc...

>> No.7719876

>>7719823
Eh, those issues are common with all mental disorders. Most people with bipolar deal with it well, the biggest problem is that they have a tendency to get off their meds thinking they dont need it. But not many spend their lives in psych wards.

BPD is bad enough that it is written off by therapists and barely taught in school because it is just not worth dealing with by the medical community.

>> No.7719882

>>7719838
Do you have to talk to them, or make a problem in the first place? Can't you just leave quietly and keep talking to them without getting into the subject? Just say your feed is too crowded, or that you have been spending too much time there and you feel you should focus on other things. Keep the friends, cut the drama.

>> No.7719887

>>7719820
Try finding her a new home on your own first, be it with family or someone else (though at least with family, you can visit her). Having them at a rescue is pretty stressful, as they generally have to move around quite a bit (from the adoption agency to the foster home and back [with certain ones], then to a new home with adoption).

Was she ever easily litter box trained? 'Cause I have a cat who would do the same thing when we moved, and it was the stress that did it.

>> No.7719912

>deal with mental and physical issues throughout my early teenage years but too stubborn to get help
>shit escalates around my sixteenth
>finally get help
>diagnoses keep piling up
>if I had gotten help early on I could've prevented a few of them
>so much regret
>NEET for five years now, 21 but still feel 16 because of all the wasted years
>last two years were the worst yet, completely fucked up my thighs, suicide attempt, stay at closed ward
>after that, finally doing better, meds are working, I'm working harder than ever to recove/earn to properly deal with chronic shit
>back to optimistic self, future is looking bright
>planning to continue recovery and enroll in uni in two years or so
>still ridiculously tired and feeling ill every day though
>always thought mental health issues were the cause, but I'm doing well with most things and nothing regarding my fatigue has changed
>visit GP, internist, medical examinations, etc etc
>find out I have CFS
>bye future
I'm still trying to be optimistic and am planning to get treatment at a revalidation clinic, but I'm so scared knowing there's a possibility I will never recover. I've always been extremely ambitious, I think I'll go crazy if I have to sit inside the house every day for the rest of my life.

>> No.7719920

>>7719912
*recover/learn

>> No.7719949

>>7719882
>or make a problem in the first place?
The people insulting her are the problem, and they sound like cunts.

>> No.7719952
File: 185 KB, 1280x1024, 1405007123064.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718752
I think it depends on the type you have (Bipolar 1 or 2). Bipolar 1 people have more of a psychotic problem and Bipolar 2 people are more depressive than psychotic.

I'm type 1 and even though I never miss a dose, I have a tendency to go apeshit every once in a while. I actually check my med box obsessively because I'm afraid of going crazy I don't go into full blown mania by any means, but pretty close to it. My dad slapped me pretty hard across the face a couple years ago for accidentally breaking a cabinet door and I ended up knocking an antique dresser over, smashing it to pieces, then ran out the front door and slammed it so hard one of the hinges came off. Just because I got smacked in the face. Most people would probably cry or whatever, but not me. I had also taken my meds that day, and on time throughout the week as well.

Though, I know some bipolar 2 people, and for most of them I would have never guessed they were bipolar unless they told me.

So yeah, it depends on the case.

>> No.7719960

I'm going back to uni in about 3 weeks and I'm so fucking happy. I've pretty much been locked up at home all summer since I don't have a car, it's going to be such a relief to go back to hanging out with my friends, being independent, working regularly...
The only awkward thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stay with my boyfriend. Being able to only talk during the summer definitely put a strain on our relationship and I'm not sure how much I actually like him now. Hopefully seeing him in person will clear things up.

>> No.7720011

>>7719952
I generally hear that Bipolar 2 is "tougher" than 1 before diagnosis, because 2 often gets misdiagnosed as unipolar depression or something entirely else and ends up not being treated correctly. After diagnosis though, I have no doubt that Bipolar 1 is way tougher. I've been through some shit like hospitalization and a suicide attempt, but only during depressive episodes. Hypomania is shitty but manageable. As long as I take antipsychotics and make it so that I don't have access my savings, I'm okay. That's where 1 and 2 differ immensily. At least, that's how I've always seen it.

>> No.7720063

> see some photo from last year
> realize once again you're ugly as fuck

why even bother losing weight if I'm ugly anyway.

>> No.7720163

>>7719952
I know what you mean. I'm Bipolar 1 and like you, I never miss a dose. But I still freak out sometimes and break shit.

I'm not very strong so I don't think I could ever break hinges off a door, but I've broken phones (cheap house phones thank god) and a lot of plates/bowls.

Honestly though I'd probably literally lose my shit if my father ever dared to SLAP me across the face. That's physical abuse and that's not okay.

>> No.7720178

>>7718352
>Too much work to do on cosplay thing so I just don't work on it at all.
>Feel like I'd be like a fish out of water at a con because there's no way I can make it look as good as the shit I see other people make.

I'm making my first cosplay and that's how I feel. It's from a brand new game that isn't out yet, the only thing that's keeping me feeling better is the 3 other very terrible and cringeworthy cosplays I've seen attempted for it so far...

>> No.7720201
File: 40 KB, 391x600, 1382430247854.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bf of 6 years dumped me for online relationships because he wants to cyber as a lesbian
>we lived together for 2-3 years, we were long distance for a year when this happened because money issues
>I beg and fight for about a week for him, telling him it's just a phase
>finally give up and say okay I'm done you win basically
>next day he says he made a mistake and wants me back
>mfw

On the flip side!
>met a really nice, cool dude online
>doesn't tell me I'm shit and "retarded" when I make a mistake in games
>moving out and wants to support me and my habits/hobbies, regardless if I'm working or not
>overall very nice man, good friends, and a very good gamer
>love him and trust him more than I ever did my ex
Seriously love my new bf. Fuck my ex. He was a depressed fuckwit that still texts me months later ":(" because I made a promise of "i'll always wait for you".
fucker dun goof

Also working on my first cosplay for Pax Prime and I've met so many cool new people that I'm not afraid to hang around with because my pain in the ass bf will ask about every single little detail and get jealous.

>> No.7720224

>>7720201
For once a happy bf story! Go you, have an awesome life without the retarded ex.

>> No.7720244

>>7720224
Thanks! I didn't realize how emotionally abusive the relationship was until I got out of it and my new bf simply said "I trust you" and "You're beautiful". Super duper happy now. Lil' upset my ex is holding some of my stuff hostage (he's a state away and I have no friends in the area) so that's kind of shitty but I can replace most of it.

>> No.7720250
File: 43 KB, 564x374, 9865 - cat farts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7720201
>bf of 6 years dumped me for online relationships because he wants to cyber as a lesbian
Sounds like a scrub. Good thing you dropped that.

>> No.7720254

>>7720201
Good work anon, do not take him back under any circumstances. And delete/block his number.

>> No.7720272

I'm crossplaying for the first time for an upcoming con and I'm so nervous about how it's gonna be received. It's something I've wanted to do for a while now and I'm just concerned how people are going to treat me. I realize it probably won't be perfect and I probably won't pass but I just want to have fun with it and hope no one gives me shit for it.

>> No.7720281

>tfw not sure if bisexual or just really into frilly dresses and 2D girls
It sucks, and I can't talk to my boyfriend about it without him flipping out. It's understandable, I guess, but I feel like I'm going to just be trapped in my mediocre normalfag relationship in which I can't even get off. All of my few friends are really far away atm which doesn't help things, either.

I just want to dress up with another pretty girl and hold hands and kiss, /cgl/.

>> No.7720312

>>7720250
>>7720254
Do NOT intend on doing so. It goes a LOT deeper than the pseudo-lesbian bullshit. That was just the tip on a very, very large iceberg. So glad to have him out of my life.

>> No.7720408
File: 34 KB, 291x327, 1349125462423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>little brother is obsessed with me
>my life is busy so I'm not home most of the time
>I literally do not think about him very much
>he thinks me stuffing myself in my room is me ignoring him
>if I don't say hi he thinks I'm cold
>apparently me being chill means I don't have empathy
>yesterday he suddenly declared that he hated me
>while I'm casually eating dinner
>areyouserious.jpg
>tfw considering retracting my offer to house him if he gets kicked out for being trans
>tfw my brother doesn't have friends
>tfw he is drama personified
>mfw he tries to "get through to me"

>> No.7720435

>>7720408
ah yes I can already see him posting on tumblr about how much he hates you and how you are being cis scum for not helping in out no matter what

>> No.7720528

>>7718872
eating candy is fine, just calories out need to be greater than those in. put very basically. Granted a balanced diet doesn't hurt either. keep it up. let's get there together

>> No.7720545

I'm not sure if one of my closest friends likes me that much anymore. I saw her at work and congratulated them on getting engaged but it was a quick "Hi, congratulations! Nice seeing you goodbye!" kind of thing. I pretty much never talk to her outside of when I see her there but after this I was wondering if I should have said more or asked if she wanted to hang out. I've become terribly unsocial unless people contact me.

>>7719174
>I can't help but grieve over the fact that those two years could have been used for something productive
Don't think too negative about it. I've been working since I graduated high school and I can tell you that I've only thought of that of a waste of my time, doing nothing with my money other than saving it, spending it on silly things or using it on my car and rarely socializing. Yet I've had full-time Uni students tell me how great it is that I have a steady job and pay and they wish they were in my position (pretty sure they were just trying to make me not feel like shit but w/e). Seems like a lot of people get those kind of feels regardless of their situation.

>> No.7720547

>>7719004
Christ... I'm 5'8" and 180 pounds. a bit on the heavier side, but still. I'm sorry

>> No.7720555
File: 5 KB, 82x78, kyogre.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been sweet lolita/occasional classic for the whole time but now I'm starting to think if (sweet-classic)/classic/gothic lolita would suit me better. I tried a gothic-ish coord and everyone told me how good it looked on me and I have to admit that it probably looked better on me than all my sweet coords, and I didn't have that tiny feeling of unsureness in the back of my head when I went out. I like sweet lolita but I think it looks better on others than myself. I'd rather start doing aforementioned or maybe even EGA.

I guess I'm just gonna sell most of my stuff and start over. This wasn't really whiney or anything, just needed to get this off my system.

>> No.7720674

>>7720555
that's what the thread is here for. I'm glad you found your fit

>> No.7720689

>>7720435
He was being so tumblr yesterday, I actually commented that to him. I just hope he chills out soon and gets some friends so he doesn't have to be so desperate for my attention.

>> No.7720697

I'm sleeping with a girl in my comm's boyfriend. She's nice but the sex is amazing! I can't bring myself to stop. I don't want to steal him away or anything just fuck him.

>> No.7720698

>>7720281
you and me both. it sucks that you kinda want to explore and see what's real and what's not, but feeling really trapped

>> No.7720699

I want an otaku bf, not just some guy going through a weeb phase. I wanna visit Akihabara with him.

There, I said it.

>> No.7720714

>>7720699
Akihabara sounds like fun, I'm down

>> No.7720736

>>7720699
I've gone before as a kid. We accidentally tilted some candy game and alarm started going off. A bunch of Japanese buisnessmen started showing up in suits but when they realized we were silly gaijin, they just watched us as we pocketed a shit load of candy and ran off. I'll steal candy with you, anon.

>> No.7720804

>>7719960
if it doesn't clear up, don't think it's a personal issue or take it personally. people fall out of love too. Granted I'll keep my fingers crossed that things do clear up

>> No.7720924

>>7720063

An ugly skinny girl > ugly fat girl

I still hold that any female at a healthy weight is at least average and has at least one attractive feature. But, that's me. Feel free to disagree

>> No.7720953

>>7720698
I also have no clue how to meet femme girls who are also into girls. I tried to attend an event put on by my campus' lgbtq org last year but was painfully aware of how badly I stuck out. Everyone else was either very queer and loud about it or was good friends with someone who was.
I wish my comm was bigger/I wasn't so much of a lone lolita. I love hearing stories of girls who found each other through the fashion.

>> No.7721167

>>7719952
I'm assuming you are female by the way you handled your dad slapping you in the face, but as a guy if my father ever slapped me like that across the face it would turn into a brawl real quick.

Though me being young and fit compared to him being 50 years older than me probably would affect my decision knowing I could probably win.

>> No.7721216
File: 129 KB, 814x391, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>learning how to make bath bombs/fizzers
>not that good at it yet but it's a lot of fun to waste time with
>decide to take a bath each time I make a batch to test one
>buy a bunch of supplies to make more, waiting for it to come in the mail
>find out that taking a hot bath makes me feel like shit half the time (apparently it's low blood pressure or something like that)

Already spent enough towards this, there's no stopping now

>> No.7721420
File: 57 KB, 354x346, GLORF.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>new part-time job, non-stop physical work for 6-7 hours
>no time to eat except for small breakfast, binge at dinner
>days off, bike/walk forever to avoid getting cabin fever
>small breakfast, binge lunch, no dinner, snack before bed
>newly bought skirt fits better than when first tried on weeks ago, other clothes fit normally
>can't honestly tell if I lost weight or not because battery in scale is dead

I binge healthy crap, but it's terrible coming home wanting to eat ERRYTHING and then being bloated/self-loathing the rest of the day. Planning on fixing my meals over the next few days. But my curiosity over my weight is killing me.

>> No.7721439

>>7721420
Are you me? I just scarfed down an entire head of cauliflower. I've been incredibly hungry the last two days despite doing nothing.
The worst part about eating like this is definitely the bloat. After I eat (and sometimes the next morning) I want to just sit around in my underwear because clothing is uncomfortable.

>> No.7721486

>>7721439
Oh man, no clothing nor position can make me comfortable. Today I ate veggie stir-fry and it felt like I was going to explode.

I feel like a teenage boy going through a growth spurt send help.

>> No.7721492

>>7718342
I can't sleep because I have hives from some kind of allergic reaction, and also it's too damn hot.

>> No.7721563

>>7721492
Take a Benadryl, anon? Unless you're like me, where taking half of one tablet gives you a panic attack. On the plus side, afterwards it knocks me out.

>> No.7721568

>>7721216
Holy shit. I'm sorry for your experience anon, but I have this same reaction from baths. It's always made me sad because I love the hot water, but I get dizzy and feel sick every time. I also have low blood pressure.

Thank you, anon, for clearing up one of my mysteries.
And fuck low blood pressure. I want to be able to stretch without feeling like I'm blacking out.

>> No.7721572
File: 314 KB, 640x480, uu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

caught between wanting to return to my e.d and wanting to be healthy
caught between lolita and cosplay
I cant even tell if I'm skinny or fat at this point because my view of my body is so warped. Some days I look really good and then other days its like theres just mountains of fat, and I dont know which one to believe
my mental illness is getting worse and I cant go to the doctor
I keep jumping between two different cosplays and cant focus on only one, and the fact that its my first cosplay I'm scared of screwing it up. I feel like /cgl/ hates me because I always word things wrong and get flack for it
hold me cgl

>> No.7721579

>>7721568
hnnnggg i know this feeel

>> No.7721890

(1/6)

I have nobody to talk to when ever I'm getting close to a breaking point. When ever I've previously tried to open up to someone they just tell me shit I already know. The reminder or reinforcement of those things isn't of any actual help.

Anyone I've ever met that's into anime and/or cosplay has had entry level tier taste. Discussions about media whether it be live action films, novels, comics, manga, or anime tend to be dry as a result of people putting little to no thought into the content. Or their opinion of what makes for good content does not align with my own. (Example: The romance element of SAO was trash and Asuna became a worthless character vs OMG ASUNA AND HER GARY STUE INTERNET BOYFRIEND ARE THE BEST I LOVE SAO).

>Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci."

Truly close to what I often feel. I've always been comfortable with being someone others go to for advice whether that be anime recommendations or conflict resolution. A lot of people used to look up to me before I went and disappeared off the face of the Earth.

>> No.7721893

(2/6)

I struggle internally with trying to be modest but the reality through experience is that most people don't seem capable of providing me with any helpful insight.

Most of my depression results from attempts at forming social bonds with others. I graduated high school and became a NEET for 4 years. This passed month I suddenly got tired of gaming and virtually quit playing vidya altogether. Got off my ass and registered for university full on intending to finish a 4 year degree. Put together a decent resume with help from a friend so I need to start actively seeking employment.

But I am severely lacking in social bonds due to being a hermit under a rock for 4 years.

Most people in the gaming and anime community that I've met are an embarrassment. They don't take care of themselves. They're usually socially inept or have some kind of psychological issues. There are certainly a few people I've met that are pretty awesome people, but they are few and far between. I don't care that they don't know how to dress decently or eat nothing but pizza and cheeseburgers, but the social awkwardness and unwillingness to leave their house for anything but a gaming meet-up is hopeless. For my friends that have not yet made the transition to getting back into society it's frustrating to try dragging them out because they're genuinely decent buddies that hanging out at a bar over a couple beers would be fun with.

>> No.7721896

(3/6)

Sometimes I see familiar faces at bars and we do a little catching up but it's usually nothing more than a courtesy. I'm pretty much a stranger to those people now. Trying to make friends with random people at bars is possible, but most people won't even remember you the following day and even if they do might not engage you in any conversation or opportunities to hang out again.

One thing that motivated me the most was the lack of faith many friends and family had in me. They were all frustrated with me being a NEET. Some made opportunities for me to get out, which I took them up on, but it didn't give me any desire to change. When I decided to live a more active lifestyle they had no confidence, thought I had zero social awareness, and believed I was incapable of conversing with others.

>> No.7721897

>>7721572
I'm in the same boat as everything except the last bit. Feels fucking bad, man.

>> No.7721899

(4/6)

Now family incessantly asks me where I'm going and what I'm up to which is fine. I take it as their concern for my safety. I've always had a strong and honest personality. This wasn't always a good thing since behind the wall of the internet I did not sugarcoat a single thing that came out of my mouth which often meant people would get offended and upset with me. What I said didn't upset people as much as how I said it. I quickly learned that being right doesn't make you less of an asshole. Those parts of my personality I was very quick to address before I even started going out. I'm relatively confident in my ability to carry a conversation with someone. A real conversation. Not chit chatty bullshit. I've fitted into groups of people I've never met before naturally and had a good time. None of that really establishes meaningful relationships though. It certainly helps to get you started at least.

>> No.7721902

(5/6)

Perhaps I'm entirely full of shit. Maybe I'm an awkward creep. I contemplate over things I say and do. I'm very open to other peoples opinions and being called out for anything I could have done wrong, but any time I've ran a story by someone or asked for advice it's nothing constructive. Always stuff I already know or I didn't do anything to be ashamed of. As for my appearance I'm a 5'7'' manlet sitting at 135 lbs. Decent skin, no acne. I found a stylist in my area and was more than pleased with what she did with my hair. I'll probably be seeing her once a month for maintenance. I rememeber I was 145 in high school when I was fit from track so I basically starved myself for 4 years only eating like 0.5-2 meals a day without even realizing how absorbed I was in gaming. People telling me "Oh you lost weight!" or giving me shit about being skinny left me dumbfounded. So I'm trying to get back into fitness as a result of being ashamed that high school me could probably kick present day me's ass in a fight. I think the only thing I've really noticed about my physique is my legs look quite a bit more stick like instead of thicker and toned from running regularly, and my arms aren't as big. Nothing seemed to change around the chest or waist.

>> No.7721904

(6/6)

Slowly and steadily I get passed the depression. Sometimes I'm astonished by how much willpower I'm capable of mustering in order to make it to tomorrow. Sometimes I go out and have a couple beers alone just for the sake of cooling down after hours of self-study in order to try and recouperate my academic knowledge that hasn't been tested in 4 years. Initially solo nights were awkward but I started carrying myself with confidence in that I'm just there for a break and having a delicious adult beverage is my first priority over anything else. That actually did wonders for my mental state which in turn resulted in more interesting encounters with random people. Going out with a buddy or a group of buddies is infinitely preferable, but I've had some good nights out alone too. Never to chase girls. Never to desperately intrude on other people. Always to just have a couple beers and enjoy the night or sometimes the live music depending on the bar.

It's not that I entirely lack friends so much as that I lack ones that are at my speed. Before low speed NEET life was my thing. I had low speed NEET friends to accommodate that lifestyle. Now that's taken a complete 180 I'm quite alone, and it sucks.

Thank you for reading my short story.

>> No.7721912

I have no idea what I want to do with my life and i feel like if I don't choose within the next year I'll be a useless old man.
I don't want to be stuck working a dead end job. I want to be proud of what I do.

>> No.7721914

Bonus (7/6)

I don't see the 4 years of NEET life as a complete waste. Fortunately I was active in competitive gaming and have many online friends that I'm close enough with that they'd be more than happy to have me over for a weekend if I were willing to book a trip. Many of these people were just as honest with me as I were with them. That helped me a lot with tuning my personality to be more socially acceptable. Being extremely blunt with people isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as you pull your punches enough to not make someone feel entirely like shit.

I'd like to think I gained a lot of wisdom. Learned a lot about myself. I feel like I went back to some of my grass roots. Some forgotten interests I was once passionate about have come back into my life. And some new ones are beginning to get explored.

It can be difficult bullshitting people about such a large gap of nothing though.

>> No.7721938

>>7721897
i hope u make it

>> No.7721986

>>7721890
>>7721893
>>7721896
>>7721899
>>7721902
>>7721904
>>7721914
Pretty sure you're me, down to the bit about competitive gaming.

I'd offer advice, but if you're anything like me then you'll find peace in the thought that there are other people fighting the same dragons you are.

Keep going.

>> No.7722121

>>7721986
You're right on the money anon.

Another thing hit me as a shower thought tonight. My text game is currently my tragic flaw and now that I've realized it I'll hopefully check myself. It's the closest thing I have about me that's remotely spaghetti, and I never realized it until tonight. Nobody has ever batted an eye about it before since in the context I typically text people I suppose it is appropriate. Only now that I've started frequently meeting and speaking to women have I realized my texting habits potentially fuck me over.

I've always been an avid reader. I had the vocabulary of a 10th grader or something as a middle schooler and had the opportunity to skip a grade due to my scores in Math and English (for some reason my dad didn't have me advance but that's irrelevant). I was really into roleplaying in Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 when I was younger. I came up with detailed backstories and at some point DM'd and ran campaigns. I took pride in people disbelieving my age and always thinking me to be much older than I was.

I feel all that experience developed some manner of eloquence and creativity in me. I like conveying things by illustrating with words something that can play towards the reader's imagination. Even in a text message.

I often tell a friend detailed stories about things that transpired over the course of a night when I go out. He's like my mentor on the night life or something. In that context it works.

>> No.7722149

>>7722121

(cont.)
Outside of the context of literal storytelling eloquent text messages are probably seen as weird. I realize that now. People find one word replies acceptable and take 30 minutes to beat around logistics instead of providing ample information in a single, concise message.

So I'll save my writing for blogging and becoming an author. Perhaps it's like overdressing when you go out. The clothes don't fit the venue. The language doesn't fit the format. Because I feel like I should be wearing a fucking fedora with how ridiculous I probably come across with anything more than simple brief, empty, dry, boring replies.

>> No.7722161

>want a qt gf to Cosplay with
>have an amazing friend who will wingman for me if I do the same for her because she's noticed other friends cockblock me
>talk to a girl she suggested
>moved states
>other girls just got into a relationship or have claimed to be asexual
>another girl she found isn't ready to date and just sees me as another good cosplayer that she's intimidated by

Feels. I honestly don't know what to do anymore about it and secretly being so bad at the dating scene makes me upset. And my coworkers mentioning their partners is reminding me how much bad luck I'm getting right now.

>> No.7722201

>>7722161
As a cosplayer yourself interacting with other cosplayers I'd recommend finding what interests they have outside of cosplay if any at all. I'd also recommend having secondary and perhaps even tertiary hobbies that you're passionate about or can at least pretend to be passionate about.

The best thing you could even hope for that's related to cosplay is making outfits together and doing coordinating outfits or something. She's probably not going to come over to your place or invite you over to hers to make shit together. Not initially anyways. Maybe when you're close to being relationship status or have reached that point. If it does progress that quickly, neato good for you.

You gotta be a fun guy to hang out with outside of just some dude that goes to conventions. Present yourself as such a person. Maybe you're too eager in your mindset.

>Oh man this girl is cute, it would be godlike if I could be her boyfriend.
Wrong.
>This girl is pretty cute. I'll find out whether or not she's interesting enough to be girlfriend worthy.
Correct.

A desperate mindset makes for a disaster. Not just in how you carry yourself but also with the feelings of rejection afterwards. What some people fail to realize is lack of chemistry is nothing to get bent out of shape about. Shouldn't be forcing yourself into getting a girlfriend just to have one. Find someone you have chemistry with. Someone right for you. Not just someone who's available. Unless that's what you want.

>> No.7722236

>>7722161
>>7722201
(cont.)

>asexual
Why are you bringing up sex when we've just met? Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself? What makes you think I'm the kind of guy that just wants to fuck whatever girl that'll spread her legs for me? - The mentality you should have. Tone down the asshole level depending mood of the group, how well you can confidently carry yourself with talking that much shit to someone you've just met, and how the people around you might react to such behavior. The point isn't to say stuff like that word for word, but to have those thoughts in your mind and respond based on that line of thinking. But some people just throw out lol so randumb xD shit like that especially in the weeaboo community. My feedback is based on the idea information was given defensively to turn you off.

>not ready to date
I think you got the wrong idea. I just wanted to make more friends in the cosplay community. I go out with friends and we do things. See movies, shoot some pool, go bowling, etc. whatever kind of shit you do when you go out. Those aren't dates. - Again, your mindset is the difference between you coming off as a desperate dude thirsty for a qt3.14 cosplayer and looking like a straight forward dude that knows what he's looking for in life.

Feel out good chemistry before you even consider relationship status. That means doing things together on several occasions before you decide in your mind if she's clear to be gf material.

>> No.7722257

>>7722161
>>7722201
>>7722236
(cont.)

Sometimes you need to be assertive. It can be fine as long as you have the confidence. You can't please everyone. Some girls you're simply not going to have good chemistry with. You sure as shit won't look good being struck speechless at the notion that you just got flat out rejected perhaps in front of your friends. You might look like an asshole by calling her out, but it's probably better you be an asshole than a pussy. They'll either get upset about it or maybe they'll be the ones with the spaghetti. But people getting upset and having an argument helps work on your speaking skills. Gives you a better story to tell than
>She told me she was asexual and that was that
Gauge the risks and act accordingly. If the risks are too high (ex. other friends around you might think poorly of you as a result) might be best to keep your mouth shut. If there's no risk (friends are cool with you being a bit of a dick, probably won't ever see the other person again) just go for it and learn from the experience.

>> No.7722268

>Have great part time job looking after some toddlers
>Boss woman is chill, I'm allowed to snack and get offered ice cream quite a few times(beer twice, but I declined for obvious reasons)
>$13 and hour, about $350-$400 a month
>they go on vacation for 2 weeks
>"Hi ____, we're in the process of working things out(in their marriage), and we've agreed we need to cut our expenses for now so I'm sorry to say I have to let you go"

Fuck. I have such shitty job luck.
>1st nanny job: had family issues myself as well as crazy ex boyfriend so I had to quit and move
>2nd job at a daycare: get let go a few days before they'd have to hire me as a official employee. They had 3 other people "fighting" for one position and the reason I got dropped was a lack of experience and certificate compared to the other, older members
>3rd nanny job: "I have to cut down on expenses" while we were grocery shopping. Presume she meant about ingredients. Never calls me again. Granted I was going to quit this one since she had no idea how long certain things take to prep and cook when you have a list of other things to do and only 3 hours to do them. She also used me as more of a maid which was frustrating.

Everything else I've worked as wasn't in this province and was like...6+ years ago. No retail in my area wants to hire people with no retail experience, especially if you have no "in's"

I feel really guilty for having already ordered $800 of taobao stuff before this happened

ughh

>> No.7722293

>>7722268
Protip, get a real job

>> No.7722299
File: 333 KB, 500x281, merph.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ive been out of the cosplay community for years because I had to move realllly far away for college, and even there I dont have time for it because of school. Every time I try to make plans to go to a con while I'm home things fall through because of other scheduling issues.

But it's been so long now that I feel like most of my old cosplay friends dont even really remember me, and I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to come back now.

The whole things getting me kinda depressed since it's a hobby I used to love so much.

>> No.7722305

>>7722293
nigguh, you think I don't try to get things besides nanny gigs? Hard thing to do when you have low experience and even "starter level" retail jobs only hire people with experience/their friends.
Not many jobs here.

Plus Childcare is good to have for someone who wants to teach Kindergarten ish age groups.

>> No.7722319

I just recently got 2, really decent jobs. Both are only for a few hours and on different days of the week, still leaving me with 2 days off, but it's perfect for me, considering I'm a full time student.

Feels good man

>> No.7722345

>>7722201
Thanks. I should've mentioned
>am female

Oh I know it won't happen immediately but that's why I go for someone on the hobby first and then quiz outside hobbies and such to see of we can maybe do that first~

>> No.7722359

>be depressed on and off for years
>at this point the only reason I havent done myself in yet is Otakon and my sisters wedding a month later
>feels bad man

>> No.7722361
File: 154 KB, 650x875, 5b99d9eda7c1001214eca6ff61e54fea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a guy who wants to fuck a girl, no strings attached. I'm average, look average, and have an average-husky bodytype. Either the girls I've met always were too skiddish to go through with any idea of anything past flirting or weren't interested, plain and simple. My gripe? People who dance around the bush. You either want to fuck or you don't. If you have to think about it so long through the entire weekend and then some, you clearly don't want to. No one's going to get offended if you don't.

I've people I'd considered friends who are both absolute whores and are entirely full of themselves. They get this "cutesy" act going on and have a mini-cult following, so all friends who aren't lavishing over them aren't worth much mind. They're catty and talk bad about everyone, yet they're so absorbed in cosplay that it's the only thing they live for. I had a friend who ran out of a panel she was doing, crying, and I went to console her. She apparently completely tuned that memory out and scolded me for not knowing who she really was. Had another friend who was/is so obsessed with a friend's death and her cat's death that, after a year, almost two, later, its become her identity. Her cat died almost 3 years ago and it's still her profile picture.

I can never find an appropriate cosplay for my skin color, build and hair, and I'm shit at making cosplay and am unimaginative.

>> No.7722367

I will be homeless in 4 days.

And I've had an awful headache for like a week now.

>> No.7722372

>>7722367

Have you eaten enough food, drank enough water? Have you had enough sleep? Stress? Exercising too much? Also why homeless? That bites.

>> No.7722375

>>7722372
I eat once a day, drink enough water I reckon. Don't sleep much, headache doesn't help. Plenty of stress, no exercise.

Homeless because I'm tired of living off my parents and I don't have enough money to afford renting a place.

>> No.7722382

>>7722375

I won't pry into your home life, but hopefully you weighed the decision well enough and I hope things go well enough for you. If you're going to live on your own, make sure to declare independence for legal reasons so that you can get government support like food stamps. You could even get some subsidized home. That or crash with a bud, which I assume is what you'll be up to. As far as the headache, you could drink caffeine and/or eat a little bit of chocolate. Additionally, look up pressure point pressing. That releases endorphins in your body which serve as a natural painkiller.

>> No.7722385
File: 43 KB, 343x294, 1403735920504.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7718342
r9k has been ruined. Where will I complain about crippling depression now?

>> No.7722396

>>7722382

Thanks. I don't really know anyone who would take me in even for a little while, so I'm just gonna try to figure out what I'll do as I go. I don't mind living outside so long as it's warm, but when winter comes I'm gonna have to think of something.

Realistically, in the end I'm either going to give up and go back to my parents, or give up and off myself. I've no intention on working some menial job and I'm never going to work what I want to.

>> No.7722398

>>7722385
That what the shit board gets for being shitty

>> No.7722404

i feel so alone rn cgl

>> No.7722407
File: 90 KB, 386x450, 1403740607565.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7722398
It wasn't that shitty. I was a fun board where I could talk about rape,necrophilia,history,ennui,failings and much more. It has just become s4s now.

>> No.7722412

>>7722396

>I don't mind living outside
>no intention on working some menial job

Before you go on with things, I really, really need to point those two comments out. For one, sleeping outside during any season will be very, very cold and unpleasant. With traffic, lights, hunger and a lack of hygiene, you will be very, very uncomfortable and get very little sleep, which will only make things worse. If you've friends, tell them the deal. Good friends will consider helping you out in the least, but never go it alone.

As far as the job, I blatantly have to say that beggars can't be choosers. You're not a beggar by any means, hence why you're probably trying to take more responsibility onto your shoulders, but when you're so strapped for cash you can't afford a McDouble, you will regret it. If you're going all out on the lone-route, you HAVE to accept what's given to you, regardless of it. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride for the sake of living. If you've any chance of avoiding being homeless by any margin, please, please, please avoid it.

>> No.7722415

>>7722407
It became s4s a long time ago, anon, get with the times.

>> No.7722417

>>7722404

Would you like a hug?

>>7722415
>>7722407

[s4s] wasn't bad. Only in the past months has it started digging its own grave.

>> No.7722424

>>7722417
yes pls

>> No.7722430
File: 30 KB, 824x787, 1403190752535.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7722415
Absolutely not, anyone who thinks that it's been s4sesque is clearly someone who rarely visited r9k.

>>7722417
>[s4s] wasn't bad. Only in the past months has it started digging its own grave.
I guess, I just wish r9k was left to itself.

>> No.7722435

>>7722430
/r9k/ was pretty shit. It was interesting, but in a train wreck kind of way. Mostly tragic. Robots are fucked up and it's their own fault for not wanting to get out of their piss-filled ditch.

>> No.7722438

>>7722430

I helped worked on the Tribune for its latest release and have been looking forward to the next, but it never came. ;_;

>>7722424

Do you have a Steam? You could add me and we could play vidya gaems if you'd like, since I'm still up at 5:30 AM. That or chitchat. I'll be your buddy.

>>7722412
>>7722396

A few, helpful links for you, by the way.

>fallingfruit.org
>Couch surfing
>Lyft

>> No.7722442

>>7722435

>it's their own fault for not wanting to get out of their piss-filled ditch.

I think the main thing is that, because it's something they'd become so acclimated to, they weren't sure how to go about doing anything else. I can fairly testify to that. As someone who hasn't made a new friend in a long, long while (having many friends I've had for a long time), I've completely forgotten how to be normal and go about making new friends and tend to drive people away and I act overly neurotic about it. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. Hopefully deleting /r9k/ will do them good though.

>> No.7722451
File: 182 KB, 750x750, 1378375792105.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7722435
We're trying. It's just a struggle anon. I always found posting on r9k incredibly cathartic when I was locked in my room, pissing in the sink and going through a bit of a suicidal breakdown. I've managed to come out of that and improve myself but r9k was always there. I still don't have any real irl friends but I no longer want to an hero and I have a future in front of me again.

>> No.7722454

>>7722412
I know how living outside is, I've done it, though not for the period I'm intending to be doing it now.

I honestly can't say I know any people that would or could help me, and even if I did, if I was going to do that I might as well stay with my parents.

And I'm bringing money with me. Money earned working exactly the sort of menial jobs I'm refusing to do anymore, not only because of pride (though that's a part of it as well), but because I take absolutely nothing out of them, other than money. No enjoyment, no satisfaction. Way I see it, if I'm not enjoying what I do at least a little bit, there's no point in doing it, life included.

Obviously when I'm starving and freezing my opinion on that might shift, but I've always had difficulty accepting change, especially change within myself, so even if it did, I reckon I'd trudge on with my original plan out of sheer stubbornness.

I'm tired of depending on other people and whatever happens, I'll be dealing with it alone.

>> No.7722461

>>7722451

I'll be your friend if you'd like. Would you be willing to let me try, Mr. Roboto?

>>7722454

>I take nothing out of them

I can appreciate that mentality, certainly. When and if I have a job, I always want it to be something that will help make me a better person, not simply with money. I can even more appreciate trying to shoulder everything like you are, but please do be careful with yourself. You're clearly someone who spends a lot of time thinking about things with your heart in the right place, and I'd just hate to see anything happen to a person like that, even if you're just Anonymous. Are you by the coastal Georgia area by chance? If so, mi casa es tu casa.

>> No.7722465

>>7722454
The point is not being homeless and working towards something you would find fufilling. Like the other anon said, I don't think you've really thought this through as much as you think and are over estimating yourself which will probably land you in trouble safety wise.

While it's a good thing that you seemingly don't want to depend on people. Sometimes that's just how life works if you're hoping for an outcome that doesn't have a high rate of unsucess(i.e homelessness, poverty, assualt, disease, death)

>> No.7722466
File: 124 KB, 550x750, 1403812083716.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7722461
>I'll be your friend if you'd like. Would you be willing to let me try, Mr. Roboto?
It's unlikely that we'll become proper friends isn't it? It's plausible that we'll become e-friends but that's really a form of pseudo-friendship isn't it?. But sure, I'll never turn down such an offer. My skype is in my email.

>> No.7722472

>>7722466

>e-friends...pseduo-friendship

You would be very surprised. You just haven't met the proper people yet, I'd imagine. I've had friends for over 7 years I've met online, and they've been my truest and most dear friends since I've met them. Maybe it might come off as forced? Most likely. But are friendships worth investing in? Most certainly.

>>7722465

>safety wise

This, one hundred times this. If there's something at risk of something bad befalling them, I would absolutely hate myself if I didn't try to help in some way or another.

>> No.7722482

>>7722461

I think a lot, but I don't do much. That's one of the things I hate about myself and one of the reasons I'm doing this. I fully expect it to go terribly wrong but it's better than what I'm doing now.

And no, I live very far away from Georgia, unless you mean the country in the Caucasus.

>>7722465

The point for me is earning things, doing things on my own. I don't expect this to go well. I realize that I'm not prepared and I'll fuck it up, but I'm resolved to deal with whatever happens, that's a part of why I'm doing it, I wan't to learn to deal with hardship.

Honestly, I fully expect all this to end with me hopping off some nice tall cliff, at some point.

>> No.7722487

>>7722482

People like us tend to become very, very neurotic because of it. It's a mixed bag. Do you have a way to keep in contact? I feel like I need to keep in touch. Not sure why. Possibly looking out for people of a similar mindset? Also because you seem interesting. Must feed off of brainwaves.

>hopping off some nice tall cliff

Please don't joke about something like that. We both know that no one knows how the next day will be. Entertaining that sort of idea isn't really necessary and it's upsetting to think about, y'know.

>> No.7722492

>>7722438
i d-dont have a steam anon but chatting would nice

>> No.7722495

>>7722487

I've an email, though I don't expect to have regular access to internet.

And I'm not kidding about the cliff. I'm not planning on it either, but I accept it as a completely realistic end. There are some really beautiful places in the mountains, and if I saw no other way out, I'd much rather die there than on the street or some hospital.

>> No.7722496

>>7722492

Would you prefer I post my information and you contact me or vis versa? Whichever's better for you. I've a Skype and email, of course.

>> No.7722501

>>7722496
skype could work if I dont seem too much of a pathetic monster at this point

>> No.7722503

>>7722501

Not at all! You don't seem pathetic at all. My Skype's in the email field.

>>7722495

Sending in just a second. But in regards to your thoughts on dying, I agree with your sentiments. If I were to die anywhere, I'd prefer it in my sleep somewhere calm and relaxing.

>> No.7722512

>quit being NEET
>enjoy my job
>made a friend
>both mental and physical issues have improved dramatically
Next steps
>move out
>get bf
Although I'm still not sure last one will ever happen.

>> No.7722518

>>7722512

Just gotta' try at it. Be confident in yourself, even if it's not real, and you'll fall into the routine! Make youeself a schedule, follow it, and try to do things you otherwise normally wouldn't. If you get a boyfriend, awesome! If not, life experience!

>> No.7722523

>>7722518
I'm kinda surprised I got this far, I had been NEET for 5 years after high school, and then I got a job I hated. Now things just sort of fell into place and I'm... surprisingly happy! Keeping healthy relationships with other people seems a little far fetched still, but I still hope to achieve it - at the same time the idea terrifies me?

>> No.7722529
File: 60 KB, 500x651, ae5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Relatively speaking, it's been great for me. Meds have kept me pretty stable, not creating drama and breaking down crying all the time. People seem chill with me, parents are happy, I've managed to start caring about my appearance, which I'm mostly happy with, and I find myself actually enjoying life from time to time. One thing's gnawing away at me though. I'm just lazy as hell. Every night I scold myself for not getting anything done and plan for tomorrow, saying I'll do something productive, and go to sleep. I wake up and I just fade out, barely doing anything, and unless I have a lot of coffee, which I can't always get myself to do, before I know it it's time to go to bed again. There's a few craft projects I've left on hiatus for months, I can't be arsed to program, despite enjoying it if I can get into it, I open up Facebook and I get fed up with how inane, moronic, meaningless and childish entendre filled most people's "conversations" are, turning me off socializing. Sometimes I can't be arsed to game or web surf. I'm not sure if I can talk about it with friends, last time I tried I lost a bunch of friends for reasons I'm not sure were related to that, but it hasn't enticed me to that.

It's not all bad though, a lot of people seem to appreciate my presence even if I remain quiet when I'm out of character at my larp, people occasionally compliment my looks, and I'm aware to varying degrees of certainty that I've got some girls crushing on me, though as bad as it makes me feel I'd rather remain friends with them. Still, gotta get a job, gotta stop slacking off schoolwork, and get some costumes and armor done already.

Huh, feel a little better already.

>> No.7722530
File: 97 KB, 485x636, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7722512
Maybe I can be your boyfriendo anon. I like animu, guns, late nights, Cosplay, and cute girls in pretty frilly dresses.

>> No.7722531

>>7722523

I wish I was a NEET. I kinda' got gently pushed into college, which I kinda' just rolled with, and I've more social interaction than I care for, to be honest. I can play the role of an extrovert, but I'm not one. I know how you feel though. The uncertainty of it all, the idea of falling back further than where you last were, or worse. Have many the guys you met not been your type, you've been to shy or what? 'Cause we're all aware there's an equal amount of guys and girls both awkwardly shy for one another!

>> No.7722534

>>7722530

Oh, you too? Let's be buddybuddy. What's your favorite gun? I like the moist nugget. It's the best.

>>7722529

At least you've the gumption and sense of responsibility to feel lazy and a need to nip it though. That's really good for you. Once you get more into a schedule, everything evens out. You seem kinda' cool. Also saved your picture. I needed a good chuckle.

>> No.7722541

>>7722523
Self-confidence comes from actually having something to be proud of. It can be anything, but it has to be something. Unjustified pride is much worse than having no pride at all because it makes you cocky, and that's extremely dangerous.
The point is: DON'T fake it 'til you make it.

>> No.7722544

>>7722534
1911s. Gotta love the classics. Though plan on getting an XD or XDM 45 next.
>that feel when no gun loving, frill wearing gf to talk about anime and guns and Cosplay with.

>> No.7722548

>>7718441
DO NOT QUIT DEPRESSION MEDICATION, EVER, WITHOUT CONSULTING WHOEVER PRESCRIBED IT TO YOU
I've seen this happen too many times already, and it never goes as planned. What a shame it is.

>> No.7722550

>>7722544

Oh, I like the 1911. I've only fired a 9mm. How do they differ in shooting? I mostly shoot rifles. I've also a tiny little .22 rifle for fun.

>>7722548

I was taking some myself, which made me exceptionally angry. After a year, I literally dropped it cold turkey. I was a freakish case of nothing happening.

>> No.7722555

>>7722534
>>7722550
da tovarisch soviet weaponry is best in world

>> No.7722557

>>7722531
When I got that first job, I felt that exact same way. Interaction is really tiresome, specially when I couldn't relate to anyone I knew. Then I got into a short isolation period (was unemployed for 5 months) and eventually came out of it on my free will. And everything was just ok all of a sudden. I don't know what happened, to be honest.
>>7722531
>Have many the guys you met not been your type, you've been to shy or what?
I just don't know many guys at all, I'm only sort of friends with one guy, from work - and I'm friends with his girlfriend as well. Otherwise, I just don't have many social interactions with the opposite gender.

>> No.7722559

>>7722555

>555

Trips cannot deny the best.

>> No.7722564

>>7722550
>>7722550
A 1911 in 9mm is as easy and smooth as a standard, but with that much less recoil. They're really nice. I've shot both a XD 9 and XD 45. Both shoot nice, but the recoil is of course felt more in the 45. Come shoot my 1911, bb. A big heavy gun like that is always a dream to shoot. What's your 22? I have a savage 64. Cute little thing.

>> No.7722565
File: 1.84 MB, 500x224, oh no.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>sit down to watch this weeks episode of free
>awww yiss more swimmy boys
>nagisa ran away from home. oh?
>reasoning being that his parents were gonna force him to quit swimming bc of his bad grades
>oh no
>im literally going through the same thing right now but being forced to give up cosplay
>crying over a chinese cartoon for like 2 hours because relatable
>feels bad man

It's really fucking stupid I know, but Nagisa is literally my fav character from that series so the fact that they made him go through the same stuff I am atm kinda hit home real hard

>> No.7722566

>>7722550
Why did you post your experience (if it's even true) when you know you are an exception to the rule?

>> No.7722569

>>7722566

Just because, for the sake of conversation. Sorry for it not being particularly contributing.

>>7722565

>tfw you're not ottermode enough to cosplay Free!.

>>7722564

I don't know the name off the top of my head, but it's an ittybitty thing. A simple rifle. Looks fake almost.

>> No.7722572

>>7722557

I've been putting applications out nonstop to no avail. It sucks bumming off of people for money, and I'm too self-respecting to bum off the government for it sadly. I'm actually surprised you don't hang out with guys as often though, considering you mentioning you get out more. Like I said, have you considered going to something like an anime club on a college campus or something of the sort?

>> No.7722573

>>7722548
Gun guy trying to hit on grills here, years back when I was a teen I was on anti depressants. I quit cold turkey. Felt great after. Maybe the first day or two felt strange. But even then I think I managed to snap out of the depression. Decided life just sucks sometimes and to move on even if it sucks. But I also stopped seeing that doctor at the time when I quit. Things could've gone bad but I probably wasn't that bad into it as others.

>> No.7722578

>>7722572
Not the person you're replying to but my experience is that nerd/geek/weeb clubs of any sort are purely disastrous.

Especially when yours has some dumbshit Greek life name.

>> No.7722584

>>7722578

In highschool? Oh yes. College? Depends. Our was extremely cool, and I eventually became president of it. I met all my friends from there and flowered into a social butterfly who hates being outside.

>> No.7722585

>>7722569
That's alright, sounds like a marlin or a 10/22. Those are fun too. Do you ever go on /k/? It's a magical place, you know.

>> No.7722588

>>7722585

I would, but I'm more of a swords kinda' person and last I remember, it's mostly a guns place so I feel like I'm not really one to blend in well with the /k/ crowd.

>> No.7722590

>>7718705
>white people are ugly

>> No.7722599

>>7718545
Is your boyfriend black?

>> No.7722600

>>7722573
Walking avatar of sloth from earlier here, to provide a counterpoint I'm glad as fuck I got on meds. Before I was a dramatic, hyperactive, spergy shithead, now people can tolerate my existence and I'm chill as hell. Meds are strange, and don't work the same on everyone. Hopefully you can find the right combination, took me a good while. If you can't trust Hollywood to get gun handling, computers, and physics right, maybe you shouldn't take their advice on pharmaceuticals as well.

>> No.7722603

>>7722572
I suppose I was pretty lucky, but since I had a nice experience, I might as well share - I sent my curriculum to a human resources company. They were very careful and considerate, and only got me interviews in places where they thought I'd fit in well. I got the job on my third interview, and that was one week after my first contact with them.
>anime clubs
I think you replied that to someone else thinking it was me, but I'm not into anime, I'm here for the frilly side of the board. I'm also not in uni (I never went to it, something I plan on fixing), so that's out for now anyway. I suppose I have been going out more, as in at least now I go to work and talk to people, which I didn't before. But I don't really "go out" that much. I would like to change that, but ~one step at a time~.

>> No.7722604

>>7722588
It's totally a swords place too, just don't talk about katanas. /k/ doesn't like katanas for the most part. Although it is mostly firearms and such. It's a fun place, I promise. We even have our own surplus store and radio station founded by us.

>> No.7722607

>>7722604

>We even have our own surplus store and radio station founded by us.

Really? Link please, pretty pretty please.

>> No.7722609

>>7718342
Would've been funnier if you made the subject "get it off your breast"

>> No.7722610

>>7722604
Different guy, I'm a little put off about it, seems to be /pol/ lite sometimes when it comes to "muh rights". I find its sense of humor amusing, and I find weapon and military discussion interesting even though I'd never own one, though I do have occasional thoughts of enlisting.

>> No.7722615

>>7722610
>/pol/ lite on "muh rights"

And that's how I know you aren't a guy, since anyone who disparages assertions of personal freedom can only be a woman

>> No.7722616

>>7722607
Sure thing bb.
Look up nugget enterprises.
Or kommandostore com. Same place.

>> No.7722618

>>7722584
College. I'll check out some of their meetings, but the people running the booth when I went to orientation were a couple hambeasts with gross colored hair.

In general it seems to me that these congregations whether the focus be anime, comics, or some other nerd/geek shit are devoid of attractive people. Women don't want to be around the creepy sperglords and men have little reason to be somewhere that lacks attractive women.

>> No.7722622
File: 1.34 MB, 1216x1436, 1406667279966.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I realize now that I'd very much like to fuck a girl like in pic related

Look at her with her perfect body, but it isn't simply the fact that her body is great but that she knows it's great. She probably is an arrogant bitch in real life, or at least that's what the picture implies. The kind of whore who would constantly complain at you for not fulfilling all her desires and would end the relationship by revealing that she's cheating on you with some "Chad Thundercock. But it wouldn't matter since fucking her would be the only point, having already won despite her arrogance. It sounds so sexy in my head. Arrogance mixed with beauty is my fetish, apparently

>> No.7722625
File: 109 KB, 640x634, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7722610
Freedom is love. Freedom is life. Of course we love our individual rights over there. All rights. Your right to dress up as a slutty version of a cartoon character, your right to be a transfat-genderfluid whatever, and definitely your right to defense. Why not get a gun? And enlisting in what?
Come over to /k/, it's fun.

>> No.7722627

>>7722616

Oh my God, that's so cool.

>>7722618

>hambeasts

Eeeeeeh, still gotta' risk it. lol But yeah, I know what you feel. At least you've communication with the opposite gender down fine, so there's that, right?

>>7722622

Thing about the girl though is she most likely is very vain about a lot of things. Expression might be one facet, but there's the whole level of looks before anything else. Girls can be just as big hipocryts as guys. The girls I've seen try to be with guys, for them to blow them off because they weren't pretty enough infuriates me to no end.

>> No.7722628

>>7722618
>Women don't want to be around the creepy sperglords and men have little reason to be somewhere that lacks attractive women.

I wonder if it could be a lucrative business to create an "above average people only" animucon

Charge lonely, handsome nerds a pretty penny to hang out with each other

>> No.7722632

>>7722293
To be fair, nannying kind of is a real job. Where I live it can pay up to like £500-700 per week, assuming you're full time.

>> No.7722638

>>7722600
Some people really do better on meds, others do better after all without. Glad to hear it both ways.
>>7722627
Told you, /k/ is best board... R-right after /cgl/, duh. Right janitors? /cgl/ pride! I'm planning a gun anime Cosplay, I swear I do like /cgl/.

But dropping email if any of you actually want to talk past this. I don't know why you people are awake at these hours, but I always am. And bored at work. Say hi, or troll, either way gives me something to do when threads are slow.

>> No.7722639

>>7722627
>>7722622
Reading this I now wonder how much sex the average attractive girl actually has

It seems like it wouldn't actually be in the favor of hot girls to have lots of sex, since they can pick and choose who to fuck

>> No.7722640

>>7722638
>awake at these hours

Because I live in the same timezone as moot and it's almost 8 am?

>> No.7722641

>>7722639

You'd be surprised. As a guy, I have sex roughly once a month, but that's mostly by choice - I could have it more often but that's by choice, again. It's not worth wasting my time with sluts, to be honest. The average couple, engaging in sex, has it roughly between once a week to twice every two weeks. That's just a statistic though. The super hot girls at conventions who do nothing but sleep around? Probably once a week or more. I'm not a girl though, nor super hot, so I wouldn't know.

>>7722640

Likewise. RIP.

>> No.7722646

>>7722640
Well you would have to have been awake for a bit then.. I forgot, normal people wake up in the mornings. I work overnights at the opposite coast.
Nocturnal as fuck. Have to screw up my sleep cycle if I ever want to do any event like a con.

>> No.7722654

>>7722622
Funny thing is I fit into the top 4 categories with a splash of /k/

>>7722628
I've certainly considered the idea of creating an animu club at my uni this year with the intention of introducing people to content they likely wouldn't otherwise be exposed to. I can only imagine that the current club is nothing but a circlejerk that doesn't contribute to helping people discover their own tastes and preferences or help them be able to formulate a thoughtful opinions about content.

My vision would require autists to interact with each other and develop basic social skills that they probably lack.

And rather than an animu club I'd go straight Genshiken with it. The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture. What a long ass but outstanding name. SSMVC what a fucking long ass acronym too. Whatever the case I'd want to incorporate comics, manga, and visual novels rather than strictly anime.

>>7722627
My current pursuit is a cosplaying goddess I was introduced to by a mutual friend. Won't really know if she's gf material until we go out on a few dates or something. And ultimately it'll depend on how much she's into me anyways.

>> No.7722658

>>7722632
In my area it depends. A good full time gig can get you $1500-$2000 a month pretty easy. It pays more than most every other typical job per hour ($12-$15 per hour is the usual for anyone who has had at least some experience). I'm hoping to get CSO and make some bank with construction without doing any lifting.

>> No.7722659

>>7722654

I hope so too. I like it when people get laid. Makes me happy. OH, relationships too. Yup.

>> No.7722660
File: 78 KB, 1048x944, 1406174149825.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Addicted to drugs
>Life going nowhere
>Always sick
>Don't ever go outside
>Don't know wtf I live for just kind of exists

I'm so lost, nowhere out from here.

>> No.7722661

>>7722658
>>7722632
Also nannying here isn't just making sure the kids don't die, it also includes teaching and tutoring(if the kid is school aged.)

I mostly work with toddlers so the work is on vocab, dexterity, etc.
Like you're not getting away with just babysitting them, the parents here expect a nanny to have childcare knowledge, and usually know how to cook/bake/keep the kids entertained without just plopping them infront of the tv.

There are non-private jobs where you do way less shit. Like my friend who's job is "monitoring social media" about the (small local)company

>> No.7722664

>>7722661
Yeah, it's the same here. I don't think anyone would pay someone £500/week just to babysit, haha. My friend is an au pair but she's going to switch to nannying when her contract's up and she can get certified. Her host family overwork her (she gets £90/week for about 60-70 hours) but she basically runs the entire house. Her host mum is a bitch, though, but that's off-topic.

>> No.7722668
File: 44 KB, 800x450, 1394759873917.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been eating a lot lately, and I've gotten so used to it that not stuffing my face for once is proving difficult.
I'm tired of being a pudgy-chan, but cutting down calories is hard.
pic thankfully not too related yet

>> No.7722669

>>7722659
Just waiting and seeing how things go at this point. Trying to get the logistics together to spend time with her. I know I've made some awkward slips in my text game, but she keeps talking to me so that can only be a good thing.

>> No.7722678

>>7722668
Replace the high calorie food with high volumes of low cal food. Salmon and veggies and such. You can eat all the vegetables like broccoli that you want. Eat them until you feel too full and you still won't eat so many that you're doing bad on calories. Also staying hydrated can help curb hunger when you aren't all that hungry yet. You can do this. I, me personally, truly do believe in you. Eat protein and veggies, get swole.

>> No.7722679

>>7722668
oh gosh, i know that feeling. like, my metabolism is good and all, but i try not to eat tons because i'm worried of my metabolism just going "fuck you" and adding to my self-confidence issues

i bet you're adorable regardless, though! good luck!

>> No.7722680

>>7722668

I love hamster-chan though. She's so adorbs.

>>7722669

Yeah, the beginning's always a tricky game. Hopefully she's as nervous as you are and both of ya'll come to realize it as you get to know each other more.

>>7722678

We /fit/ now.

>> No.7722681

>>7722664
I really wanted to be an au pair, but that would mean leaving my boyfriend for 2 months or more.

Employers are always a gamble, like I said earlier I didn't like one of my employers because she treated me more like a maid and expected more things to be done in a very short period of time.

>hey can you make pizza with my kid, she wants to make pizza for friends
>k, I'll have to buy ingredients and it'll take a while to make
>"okay, thanks"
>pick kid up, take dog for a walk, go get groceries takes about 1hr/3hrs
>start on scratch pizza with kid which takes about 2 hours to make becuse of the dough
>"me and my friends are going to be back in about and hour and 15, could you get the pizza done by then? We're really hungry so can you make fries and salad too"
>had to make fries from scratch
>wat. never told me that by friends she meant herself and 2 adults, not kids. Tell her it might not be ready because of things I can't realy help on such short notice.
>"oh. well I really need it done by then"
>by some miracle I'm able to get the dough and everything else done 30 minutes earlier than it should have been so they only had to wait 10 minutes, though portions were smaller because I thought I was cooking for kids.
wasn't the first time that sort of last minute notice with no details thing happened

On board related feels
>Want to cosplay
>less motivation to do so since I'm moved away from my friends who are into cosplay
>making friends here is awkward.

>> No.7722684

>>7722680
We were already /k/ a bit ago, sorry about that guys, my fault. Why not be /fit/ while we're at it?
That's how I got back into fighting shape. Veggies, salmon, bacon, and a bit of lifting. Disregard unhealthy food, acquire gains. I believe in all of you to get swole and sexy.

>> No.7722832

>>7720697
cut that out

>> No.7722838

>>7721912
ugh that feel when no sense of real direction

why can't dicking around be a lucrative career choice?

>> No.7722843

>>7722299
rekindle that flame. if it means that much to you, you can do it.

also nice get

>> No.7722854

>>7722609
shet up

>> No.7722861

being stuck hanging out with my ex wouldn't be so bad if she didn't turn into such a huge fucking bitch and kind of a whore.
I'm bitter yes, but there's nothing I can do about any of it which only makes it worse.

>> No.7722943

>>7721568
Yeah, I get dizzy and feel really tired almost every time. It started happening a couple times when I take showers too so I hope it's just because of the heat from the season. I'm a fairly active person and drink a lot of water but I occasionally get dizzy/vision starts blacking out or need to sit down if it's too hot.

>> No.7722961

>>7722943
> often dizzy, vision blacks out if I stand up too quickly/after stretching or whatever
> hot baths make me feel sick, sometimes black out in the shower

Do I have low blood pressure, anons? I've only had my blood pressure taken once and the doctor didn't raise their eyebrows or anything, but I don't understand blood pressure readings at all.

>> No.7722966

>>7722943
I get this when I take showers but not when I take baths. I think, for me, it's because in the bath I'm just lying around, but when I shower I usually do so in a bit of a hurry and so move around quickly, bend down and stand up, etc. I already suffer from bouts of vertigo and light headedness when I stand up too quickly, and the hot water just exacerbates it.

I love super hot showers, though, so I deal with it.

>> No.7722989

>>7722149
If you write texts in the same manner you wrote your posts just now, then yeah I can see why people would find them strange.
It's probably trickier to detect the social norms in text-based communication as opposed to real conversation, but there are definite differences between, say, texting a friend and writing an e-mail to your boss.
The way you write is very formal and looks out of place here in 4chan, too. Being overly formal in a situation that doesn't call for it is easily seen as pretentious. It can also feel a bit unpersonal or unfriendly.

>> No.7722991

>>7720697
you're already stealing him away by fucking him, dumbass.

>> No.7722994

>>7722361
You sound like a complete fucking asshole fedora. I hope you never get laid. Not that I need to hope, you never will.

"No strings attached" so basically you're too selfish, broke, and/or just plain shitty to actually be a boyfriend. lol

The no strings attached deal only works for super hot guys. Typically, there are a few strings attached, which are that you should be giving the chick some drugs (shrooms, lsd, molly, if she's a coke whore she'll take coke). Hate to crush your fantasy, but there almost always has to be something in it for the chick other than sex itself.

That's probably why you have chicks saying they need to "decide" if they actually wanna fuck you. They're really just "deciding" whether or not you're really asking them to fuck without offering anything to them

>> No.7722995

I keep forgetting to eat and I really wish I could break 100lbs so I'm not a bony mess.

>> No.7723004

>>7721216
a-at least you have a tub, anon
We had a nice tub in our old apartment in France but then we moved to Northern Europe and most apartments' bathrooms here only have a shitty shower curtain, not even a proper shower cabinet, just a sad curtain and the bathroom floor is uneven so the water drains easier. Which makes putting a washing machine and cabinets in there a pain.

Oh well, at least there's 24/7 hot water.

>> No.7723005

>>7722995
whatever you're doing that's occupying your attention to the point you forget to eat probably needs to stop

>> No.7723008

>>7722994
reminder that /cgl/ is flooding with /r9k/ rejects ever since it was shut down

>> No.7723011

>>7722994
Not that guy (or any guy for that matter), but did it occur to you that the thing he is 'offering' the girl can just be sex? Seriously, not all women think sex automatically = relationship. The only thing NSA means is "hey I'm horny but I don't want a relationship". There's nothing else to it.

You sound like the fedora tbh.

>> No.7723015

>>7723011
NSA shill pls go

>> No.7723031

If someone compliments my appearance, I smile and thank them, but on the inside, it really hurts. Especially when they say things that are unrealistically nice, like "you must be a model!"

I don't want to be called ugly or anything, and I think I am at least average, but just tell me my outfit looks nice or is interesting, don't tell me I am the most beautiful girl you have ever seen or how you wish you could dress like that, because between you, me, and my chubby oval face, frizzy hair, and weird clothes, it's not true.

I feel like i must just look gullible and naive, like if you flatter a girl who is a 5 and obviously attention seeking by dressing weirdly by telling her she is a 10, she'll lap it up due to low self esteem and give in to whatever you want.

>> No.7723061
File: 17 KB, 400x400, boatertip.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7723011
You didn't even read my whole post, did you?

Obviously he doesn't need to offer them a relationship. But he needs to offer them something, and trust me, sex with a men-tier fedora isn't going to be a selling point for any girl.

He's going to need to buy her drugs, maybe a few drinks, food, something. NSA doesn't really mean NSA, is what I meant. Unless the girl is super ugly and the guy is super hot, 99% of the time the man has to give the chick something besides sex.

Sorry to burst your bubble, fedora.

>> No.7723064

>>7723061
*meh-tier

>>7723008
They should be burned at the stake

>> No.7723077

>>7723031
I know that feel. I know it well.
Doubly when people say things like "You're not fat" tbh.

>> No.7723082

>>7722961
You could have it checked again, or try one of those machines you put your arm in at the pharmacy.

I haven't had my blood pressure taken in a while but the last time it was the doctor's assistant had a lot of trouble checking and had to have someone else do it. From what I've been reading online it doesn't seem like something to worry about too much unless you're older, and it's probably caused by vitamin b12 deficiency. Still kind of sucks though
>bath problems
>clammy hands
>dizziness in hot weather
>tired when it's too hot or cold
>feet discoloration in cold weather

>> No.7723084

Removing the words beautiful, gorgeous, pretty, and cute from my vocabulary when complimenting women has given me some pretty fantastic reactions.

>> No.7723090

Low blood pressure problems?

>almost faint going down the stairs too quickly
>almost faint getting out of bed too quickly
>almost faint taking too long of a hot shower
>almost faint getting out of computer chair too quickly

Diet and exercise made me better though, I think.

>> No.7723094

>>7723090
Is the floating blue dots a low blood pressure or anemia problem? I can never remember.

>> No.7723098

>>7723094
those are just floaters in your eye

your eye is fluid and shit it's nothing everyone has them

>> No.7723116

>>7723098
Nah, I mean your whole vision being clouded over with a black background and swarming blue dots along with a sharp pain like when you get up or go up the stairs.

>> No.7723121
File: 32 KB, 335x260, tumblr_inline_mnyb30Ut691qz4rgp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To the person that bought the Melty Mermaid Princess JSK in Ivory on Lacemarket, I hope you ruin that dress or some bitch ruins it. You cunt :)

>> No.7723132
File: 556 KB, 500x281, tumblr_inline_n2xcs3zTCv1r1213a.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>first time making a costume
>constantly fuck up
>get so frustrated i wanna cry
>why do i suck so much
>feel like i'll never be good enough to sew at the level i want to
>feel super pathetic for wanting to give up before even finishing a costume

I'm so lame.

>> No.7723134
File: 11 KB, 424x288, 1312752765696.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>stupid bitch starts bashing and insulting my friends on twitter
>bitch is so stupid her personal information is all over
>eventually find her real name and facebook and just tell her, didn't do anything harmless
>bitch deletes her facebook and changer twitter username making tweets private
>"oh anon you're so evil for taking it on the poor girl for defending herself"
>mfw

She was literally bullying one of my friends jfc.

>> No.7723136

>>7723132
It's okay anon, it was like that for me too. Take a breather and start is over again, even if you want to cry after sewing on the sleeves backwards.

>> No.7723143

>>7723134
>harmless
I meant harmful. Fuck.

>> No.7723170

>>7723116
Might be the floaters being more visible due to the clouded vision. Could be low blood sugar or something. Could be a fucking tumor.

>> No.7723175

>>7723170
I am 1000% sure it is not floaters, dude. I know what floaters look like. I'm asking if it's low blood sugar or anemia because I can't remember what causes it.

>> No.7723189

>>7723090
>>7723116
I get that feeling too getting up to quickly but only when I'm on shit that makes my heart beat faster than normal (clenbuterol) but I would attribute that to my blood pressure being higher as it's a side effect

also get that feeling after doing squats

>> No.7723205
File: 114 KB, 640x480, whitest man in argentina.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7722661
>Like my friend who's job is "monitoring social media" about the (small local)company

Things like this make me certain that /pol/ is right when they say a collapse is coming. Why is that even a fucking job? How is that even something which can be sustained.

>> No.7723212
File: 15 KB, 225x515, abortions.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7722668
Did you know that giving food to an overweight woman is enough to overwhelm her reason, which is something that doesn't happen to fat men or in-shape men/women?

>> No.7723215

I fucking love my job because I get to be right all the time.
What's that? You want a refund cause you claim I didn't inform you of something? Wait while I compile a list of all the emails where I specifically inform you of it over and over again.

>> No.7723219

I"m always convinced that everything is my fault, mainly about social stuff, unless I know for certain it's because of another person etc.

friend feels down? my fault
friend doesn't reply a lot? my fault must have talked to much
friend posts/talks vaguely about someone in a bad way? it's me of course it is

and more stuff like that, and I know logically it's not my fault but I can't help but think it always is. I'm starting to become that kind of annoying person that apologizes for even talking at all because I"m terrified I"m being annoying or something.

>> No.7723260

>want to get into j-fashion but afraid bf will judge and be embarrassed by me ;_;

>> No.7723283

>>7723260
Clearly you should suck him off whenever you put on a costume and then he'll mentally associate you putting on a costume with good things, much like how you can train pets with certain stimuli

>> No.7723393

>>7722994

Joke's on you, I'm neither a virgin nor am I single and my girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years. I hope you stay mad you nerdo.

>>7723011

>can be just sex

Thank you. I swear, gosh.

>>7723061

>He's going to need to buy her drugs

Why would I want to fuck a drugee? You can fuck off with that shit.

>> No.7723550

>>7723219
that feel.
how do I overcome this?

>> No.7723555

>>7723260
>>7723283
or you can dump him and be my gf and condition me like a dog with blowjobs

>> No.7723595

>>7723550
I don't know anon, let's try to overcome this crippling guilt about everything together

>> No.7723667 [DELETED] 

I don't like my cosplay for the upcoming con anymore. I really liked the outfit and the character, but lately I don't really feel that way anymore. I've lost my motivation to finish it.

There's another character I'd like to cosplay now. It's a character from a game I recently played. I've been sexually abused in the past and so has this character. Seeing them so happy and optimistic in the end, after finding a way to better themselves really inspires me and helps me cope with it.

But it also makes me feel sad, to be reminded of the past, which makes me feel even less motivated. But the con is coming very soon, and I'm almost done. I've spent so much on this costume already.

I'm feeling a bit lost /cgl/.

>> No.7723739

>>7723219

Anon are you me?

I try not to self diagnose, but the more I study my psych, the more I'm convinced I have SAD. And now that I'm shoved in situations where everyone I talk to is on some sort of antidepressant/anxiolytic, I really want to take one myself.

Sometimes I get so panicky with guilt that it really impedes with my studies and my work performance, so I'm hoping that this will offer some sort of solution while I sort out my feels.

>> No.7723770

>>7723121
Cry more about not having enough $$$ to buy it yourself.

>> No.7723780

I'm dreading going to my job everyday. It's not the job itself that's the problem, I might enjoy it if it weren't for my coworkers. They don't have to like me, but I wish they'd act like something other than passive aggressive catty cunts. I'm trying to stay for at least another few months so I can have had a full year there, but some days it's really hard to want to.

>> No.7723791

I don't like the costume I'm making anymore. I used to love the character and the outfit, but I don't really feel that way anymore. The con is coming up soon though, so I can't do another one. And I've already spent quite some money on this costume, I need to continue.

The only postive thought I have about this, is that when I'm done with it, I can finally work on the costume I really want.

>> No.7723794

I've been a NEET for 4 years and I've signed up to go back to college. It starts in 4 weeks and I only have a massive sense of impending doom, where I should be excited for this new chapter.
I find it extremely difficult to write. Describing things with words is very hard for me and so I'm afraid of writing an essay.
I'm afraid I picked the wrong major, that I won't be able to get a job from.
I'm afraid that I'm wasting a lot of money on something I'm not sure of.
I'm sad that I wasted most of my youth.
I'm afraid of seeing people I know more often if I have to go outside more (I live in a relatively small town).
I'm afraid that when exposed to this stress my mental health issues will get worse. I'm afraid my mental health issues don't exist at all and that I was misdiagnosed, and that my lifestyle has just made it seem like I'm mentally ill. I'm afraid I have a personality disorder.
I'm worried that I'm not eating enough. I'm worried that I'm eating too much. I worry about how little I understand. I forget things in the middle of a sentence. I'm worried that my shitty lifestyle causes this. I've always felt slow.

I'm worried that I'm going to make a big change in my life and it will turn out I was the problem the whole time.

>> No.7723881

>>7718645
I remember you posting about it in the other thread. Glad things went well for you anon, hope it continues.

>> No.7723931

>>7719838
They're winding you up because you react, not because of your flaws. The moment you showed that you took it seriously you lost.

>> No.7724045
File: 667 KB, 360x400, 1361448535638.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7723794
I'm afraid it is exactly what you fear. I've felt all these feels not two years ago though and it all turned out alright. Set small goals for yourself and achieve them one at a time. I'll be cheering for you!

>> No.7724141

>>7722454
>I take absolutely nothing out of them, other than money. No enjoyment, no satisfaction

That's called a fucking job, grow up.

>> No.7724145

I've been cheated on and lied to multiple times over the past year by the only person I've truly cared about in a long time. Sure, he confessed to everything and I forgave him completely, but the more I think about it the more bitter I get. I'm becoming more and more of a jealous shrew regarding his whereabouts and interactions with females, but given the circumstances, I'd say it's justified. We've already agreed that as soon as the semester starts, he's going straight to counseling for his problem and that he'll be avoiding conventions for a while, but I still can't ever trust him completely again. Cons especially are dangerous, since he had a friends-with-benefits relationship with a girl he met at one for a while, and only today has he told her what's happened.

I wonder every day whether I've made a mistake in forgiving him, but I hope for both of us that I was right.

>> No.7724233

>>7722961
>I don't understand blood pressure readings at all

The first number is basically the max pressure, when your heart is contracting and pushing the blood.

Second number is the minimum pressure, when your heart is drawing blood in.

120/80 or 120/70 is generally 'normal'

>> No.7724250

>>7723004

You have a washing machine in the bathroom?

>> No.7724348

>>7724250
This is common in Europe, iirc.

>> No.7724407

>>7724348

Interesting. I don't think I have ever seen that.

>> No.7724667

1/1

This year at AX, I made a friend who we'll call Jane through another friend who we'll call Bob. We were both dressed as maids for the majority of the con and got along easily. She's a smart girl who just graduated with honors, but she is innocent and naive in many ways. She has never had a boyfriend.

After the event, I'd sometimes hang out with Bob and Jane, always together. Bob is almost 21, and he's taken a liking to tickling Jane when we go out and always wants to be next to her. Jane is very quiet and doesn't resist.

Bob and I have been friends for a long time now, but our friendship has changed a lot: he's become unaware of his actions, become self-centered, and acts very childish. He's become utterly useless and at times, is a negative influence.

I spoke with Jane recently after a meet up which I had to leave early from because I couldn't stand Bob. I learned that Jane has feelings for Bob and that he knows. I tried to warn Jane about Bob as best I could, as Bob is not a gentleman and after his past relationship, he said some really unspeakable things about his ex-girlfriend.

>> No.7724672

1/2

This year at AX, I made a friend who we'll call Jane through another friend who we'll call Bob. We were both dressed as maids for the majority of the con and got along easily. She's a smart girl who just graduated with honors, but she is innocent and naive in many ways. She has never had a boyfriend.

After the event, I'd sometimes hang out with Bob and Jane, always together. Bob is almost 21, and he's taken a liking to tickling Jane when we go out and always wants to be next to her. Jane is very quiet and doesn't resist.

Bob and I have been friends for a long time now, but our friendship has changed a lot: he's become unaware of his actions, become self-centered, and acts very childish. He's become utterly useless and at times, is a negative influence.

I spoke with Jane recently after a meet up which I had to leave early from because I couldn't stand Bob. I learned that Jane has feelings for Bob and that he knows. I tried to warn Jane about Bob as best I could, as Bob is not a gentleman and after his past relationship, he said some really unspeakable things about his ex-girlfriend.

>> No.7724675

2/2

I feel sad for Jane because Bob's changed completely and if she decides to pursue a relationship with him, she's more than likely to become hurt. He's already doing things against her will and she is too weak to resist him. He is literally at the point where he will impose himself on anyone if he so wishes. I cannot understand what she sees in him, but I digress.

I won't be seeing my cosplay friend anymore for a while. I'm not interested in Jane, but it really boggles me how someone like this can be on his second relationship and yet here I am, older than him and still a kissless virgin. If you'll pardon me here, I have literally everything he doesn't. I do not force myself on others, though.

>> No.7724720

>>7724672
>>7724675
>we were both dressed as maids

There's your problem

>> No.7724729

>>7724720
I'll bite. She praised my appearance for hours, both in crossplay and in my regular clothes.

But she isn't the type to go for looks anyway. Bob doesn't have them.

>> No.7724816

>>7724672
>>7724675
you sound like a nice guy :^)

>> No.7724851

>>7724675
>>7724672
You're a beta male. Jane likes Bob because he doesn't give a fuck and is fun.

>> No.7724881

>>7724816
No, I am a good guy, not a nice one. There is a difference. I don't expect anything in return for kindness.

I already did my part by warning her about the kind of person Bob is, and I won't be interfering anymore because Jane is an adult and she is capable of making her own decisions.
>>7724851
>Sexually harassing people is fun
It's hilarious because another friend of mine did this exact same thing two years ago and to this day, Bob still complains and talks shit about him.

I can give you beta, though. At least I don't have to force myself onto others to make myself be likable.

>> No.7725168

>>7724348
I live in Europe, can confirm.

>> No.7725426

>>7724881
>Sexually harassing people is fun
Well she enjoys it so yeah I guess it's fun.

It's not fun when it's some beta Nice Guy who does it.

>> No.7725506
File: 67 KB, 640x480, 1373293883291.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm only 18 and I already ruined my life by dropping out of middle school because "I was sad". My parents were always busy at work so they could care less about what I was doing, so I ended up going full NEET when I was 14. I've been getting in fights with my parents a lot lately because I'm too eep into this and going back to the real world is too much for me. I nearly collapsed when I went to the bank a few weeks ago.
I want to change my life considering I wasted my entire life so far but I'm afraid /cgl/. I want to stay home looking at qt lolitas but I also want to have a life
d-doushio

>> No.7725580

>>7725426
That's the thing, she doesn't.

Man fuck this, I'll just ask her out and show her what it's like to actually have fun. We'll see who's beta then.

>> No.7725593

>>7725580
bout fucking time you manned the fuck up

>> No.7726465

>no annoucement for fall con
>already bought tickets
>wtf

>> No.7726797
File: 295 KB, 664x955, 1405136427266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7725506
I know your feels, brah.
By the time I was 20 I had suffered 10 years of clinical depression with my earliest suicide attempt at 12.

I got out of it by getting a job. I was fired from my first after 3 days because I was still depressed and couldn't handle reality but it still helped me. I got out there and realized that the world isn't as hostile and strange as I'd have imagined.

What I'm trying to say is that find a way to get in touch with people, it doesn't have to be through a job.
It could be OKCupid, help groups, voulenteer work, hobbies, cosplaying, you name it.

God speed, m8. One love.

>> No.7727357

>>7724145
>I wonder every day whether I've made a mistake in forgiving him, but I hope for both of us that I was right.

You have. Forgiveness is a free pass to do whatever he wants. He will cheat on you again. You will push him away by (Rightly) not trusting him, into the arms of someone else. Relationships where someone has cheated cannot work.