[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 528 KB, 1024x1024, bb_cream1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7714807 No.7714807[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Haven't seen on in a while!

>tutorials proper for lolita and j-fashion in general
>what's your skin type beauty routine?
>best and worst in your experience?
>homemade tricks and recipes that can save lives?
>what do you think about bleaching skin?

Also, I could use some product recommendations - I need a BB Cream for dry skin, with light coverage, enough lasting power, and no whitening agent; and a cream to lighten my neck and below, since I've been wearing korean BBs for a while, and my face is noticeably lighter than then rest. Help?

>> No.7714868
File: 235 KB, 611x726, 1331699920612.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid? I need an over the counter body wash to help get rid of my body acne.

Also, can anyone recommend a cheap, over the counter product to help quickly get rid of small blemishes on my face? Like something you dab on a blemish, let it dry, and then wash it off? (I can't think of what they're called for the life of me.)

>Nothing to contriboot

>> No.7714879

I might sound self hating but foundations to make yourself face a bit lighter.. ?

>> No.7714885

>>7714868
Exfoliate the parts of your skin that go bumpy. I use cure, I do it once every two weeks, they are the true answer to bumpy skin on back, boobs and the side of your arms.

>> No.7714895

>>7714879
Pretty much any foundation with medium to heavy coverage in a shade or two lighter than you are, I guess. Although it will look terrible if you don't blend it into every exposed area of skin.

>> No.7714916

>>7714895
Thing is, my body is really discoloured but my cosplay doesn't show much skin, so I'm pree good, yeah?

>> No.7714964

>>7714868
Make sure you wash your body after you washing/condition your hair, so that your shampoo/conditioner doesn't remain on your skin after showering.

The question on benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid for body acne: it depends on severity. Check this entry in the sidebar of the subreddit r/skincareaddiction:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/24q7lc/body_acne_treatment_guide/

When you change your skincare routine, make sure you try out one product at a time. If you switch your routine to three different products, and you break out, you won't know which one is the culprit.

>> No.7714972

>>7714879
Not necessarily. For many women, the skin of their face will naturally be lighter in color than the skin of their body.

East Asian makeup techniques tend to seek a foundation color that is 1-2 shades lighter in color than their body skin tone, whereas Western makeup techniques tend to seek a foundation color which is about the same as their body skin tone.

>> No.7714977

I've been neglecting everything involving skincare and beauty in general for about five years and I want to turn things around because I feel ugly and gross. I've been looking around for tips but every website/beauty vlogger recommends different products/routines and I don't know what to believe. Weird as it may sound, I'd rather get advice from seagulls, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Questions I have:
- How often do you guys exfoliate your body? I do it twice a week and am wondering if that's alright. Also I generally only do my legs, is it ok to do my arms/torso/whatever as well?
- What's the difference between toner, day cream and moisturizer? And in which order should I apply them?
- Where I'm located there are lots of products called "face wash". What the hell are those? Cleansers?
- What kind of routine is good for in the morning? And what about in the evening? Right now I only use face wash in the morning.
- How often should I exfoliate my face?
- I usually apply toner, foundation, concealer and loose powder, in that order. Coloured powder also exists, but what the hell is it even for?
- My hair is frizzy literally all the time. How do I prevent it? I wash and condition once every two days.
- I sweat a lot, should I use a antiperspirant or antitranspirant?

My skin is extremely oily and acne-prone due to meds I'm taking, yet really sensitive. I'll probably visit a dermatologist soon, but in the meantime I want to do what I can.

>> No.7714978

>>7714964
>reddit
please get the fuck out you whore.

>> No.7714997

>>7714977
You can exfoliate your arms and wherever too. Not sure if you really need to though.
Toner basically gets rid of all the dirt and tightens your pores. You usually use this after you use a cleanser (or face wash). I am not sure if there is a big difference between day cream and moisturizer, except that day cream goes on during the day (possibly before makeup)?
I wouldn't exfoliate the face too much, to be honest. I've read in previous beauty threads that while it gives you a squeaky clean feeling, it's not great for your skin (because you are basically rubbing small, sharp objects against your skin). I have combination skin (so oily in some places, dry in some others) so exfoliating just dries me out more.
Coloured powder can be used as foundation or just as a setting powder, depending on the coverage. You can set your makeup with loose powder (assuming it's the white, colourless kind) just fine.

Just curious, does your makeup routine hold up for the day?

I can't answer everything but I hope that helps.

>> No.7715002

>>7714977
>Questions I have:
>- How often do you guys exfoliate your body?
I use a salux towel, so like whenever I shower, and thats on my whole body.
>- What's the difference between toner, day cream and moisturizer? And in which order should I apply them?
cleanse, tone, and then moisturize. day creams are heavy, moisturizers are lighter and better for going out in publis with, esp if they have SPF
>- Where I'm located there are lots of products called "face wash". What the hell are those? Cleansers?
Yes
>- What kind of routine is good for in the morning? And what about in the evening Right now I only use face wash in the morning.
morning - cleanse, tone, moisturize, SPF, makeup
night - optional face mask, cleanse, tone, night cream or acne treatment
>- How often should I exfoliate my face?
once or twice a week, your facial skin is very sensitive and you can take away natural oils and make your skin overproduce if you over do it
>- I usually apply toner, foundation, concealer and loose powder, in that order. Coloured powder also exists, but what the hell is it even for?
coloured powder is for different skin tones to set the liquid/cream foundation. typically you should do your concealer before your foundation unless it works better for you the other way, everyones different
>- My hair is frizzy literally all the time. How do I prevent it? I wash and condition once every two days.
get a curl product for after the shower, I use TIGI's Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier. put a coin sized amount in hand, apply to damp hair ends after shower, takes out the frizz and leaves it curly.
>- I sweat a lot, should I use a antiperspirant or antitranspirant?
both can be harmful/cause cancer. aluminum is known to prevent prespiration. The aluminum and zirconum for a gel that clogs the pores preventing sweat but clogs pores.

>> No.7715101

Since there's no hair thread, I'll ask here.
What are some good short hairstyles for a round face? By short I mean anything from bob length to pixie/pageboy cuts.

>> No.7715104

I've struggled with acne for a long time but I've been trying the 3% hydrogen peroxide toner tip and it has helped me out in controlling it finally. Plus it's so cheap about 89 cents for a big bottle so that's a plus. My mother tried it too but it stings her skin (like when you put on sun-screen) so it's not for some who may have sensitive skin.

I've been using the Garnier BB cream in matte/shine control and it's good in coverage (although it has a short shine-control lifespan) but it's the first I've tried a BB cream so I can't really compare it with anything else yet.

To rant, it sucks when you find the perfect make-up product for yourself and they discontinue it or replace it with something that is worse
>like maybelline replacing the dream matte powder for the dream wonder one

So does anyone know of a good foundation/powder product for yellow-toned skin? Most are either too muddy or too pink. Also any recommendations for lip-balm/chapsticks for smoothing lips?

>> No.7715125

>>7714977
Alright anon, let's get cracking.

>How often do you guys exfoliate your body? I do it twice a week and...
I do it when I shower, I use one of those long exfoliating towels, I got mine from iHerb for cheapsies.
http://www.iherb.com/Earth-Therapeutics-Basics-Exfoliating-Hydro-Towel-1-Towel/21008

Works okay, I don't work for iHerb and I don't live in the US so for me it's mad cheap.
>What's the difference between toner, day cream and moisturizer? And in which order should I apply them?
Day cream and night cream are two different types of moisturizer. You apply them as the name might suggest, one during the day and the other during the night. An easier option is to just get a generic moisturizing cream for your skin type.
Toner is not necessary, but thayer's witch hazel can be used as a toner.
>Where I'm located there are lots of products called "face wash". What the hell are those? Cleansers?
Yes.
>What kind of routine is good for in the morning? And what about in the evening? Right now I only use face wash in the morning.
Morning shouldn't be too harsh of a routine, if you use any exfoliants leave it for the night. I use water, moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning and the whole cleansing deal in the evening.
>How often should I exfoliate my face?
Depends on the exfoliant. The harsher, the less, generally speaking. I exfoliate with a konjac sponge daily but an exfoliating glove twice a week and use a clay mask just as often. If you use gentle chemical peels you will need to exfoliate daily.
>I usually apply toner, foundation, concealer and loose powder, in that order. Coloured powder also exists, but what the hell is it even for?
Powder foundation is a thing, anon.
>My hair is frizzy literally all the time. How do I prevent it? I wash and condition once every two days.
Wash less, use hair masks.
>I sweat a lot, should I use a antiperspirant or antitranspirant?
No idea.

>> No.7715130

>>7715104
Oh I get you on the perfect makeup product.
>Pond's cold cream
It used to be made out of natural ingredients and now it contains liquid diarrhoea.

>> No.7715134
File: 927 KB, 500x329, Disgusted.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7714978
>Not acknowledging that reddit can actually be super helpful sometimes

>> No.7715135

>>7714997
>>7715002
Thanks so much, going to save all this shit. It's really helpful.
> I have combination skin (so oily in some places, dry in some others) so exfoliating just dries me out more.
I have combination skin as well. Currently it's just really oily because of my meds. I guess I should exfoliate until I get off my meds (which means forever).
>get a curl product for after the shower
Can I also use it if I want to straighten my hair afterwards? I usually leave it curly but sometimes I want something different.
>both can be harmful/cause cancer
I've thought about making my own deodorant before, I guess I'll try that out.

>> No.7715136

>>7714978
instead of being a nasty skanger cunt be helpful, yeah?
SkincareAddiction is a legitimately good subreddit with lots of good advice.

>> No.7715141

>>7715135
It can cause cancer but it's highly unlikely that it actually will.
Still, you do you.

>> No.7715144

>>7715125
Thanks a lot, I didn't expect so many replies.
>chemical peel
I thought you could only get that done at a beauty salon? I'm slightly confused.

>> No.7715150

>>7715134
>>7715136
Posting reddit links on 4chan is unacceptable. Fucking newfags.

>> No.7715156

>>7715144
yeah, it's chemical exfoliation using AHA and BHA acids. I heard UltaMD sells some, St Ives and Stridex make pads soaked in them.

I live in the Emerald Shithole so quite a few things are unavailable; read up on the skincare subleddit about this first and then if you're out of the US I suggest looking in your local pharmacy for whatever product's available.

>> No.7715165

>>7715156
I'm in Europe so we don't have those brands, but my aunt is a beautician so I guess I'll ask her if she does chemical peels.

>> No.7715179

>>7715156
>if you're out of the US I suggest looking in your local pharmacy for whatever product's available.
I can't read, sorry about that.

>> No.7715192

>>7714807
Have you tried Kojie-san soap to lighten the rest of your skin to match your face? I've been having good results with it, two weeks of daily use has practically removed my cyclist tan. I leave it on for like 5 mins and then apply aloe as a hedge against the irritation side effects I've seen reported.

>> No.7715193

at night
1) foaming cleanser
2) whitening toner
3) benton snail high content essence
4) mizon snail repair eye cream
5) moisturizer

in the morning
1) foaming cleanser
2) whitening toner
3) lancome moisture stuff?
4) lancome eye cream
5) moisturizer with spf
6) etude house bbcream if i'm going somewhere nice

exfoliate once a week. sometimes use astringent.
either the benton essence or mizon eye cream is making me break out which is unfortunate as i just bought both. i'm going to stop putting the eye cream on for a while and see if it helps. if it doesn't, i'll try the essence. i don't know how well they're working.
>homemade tricks and recipes that can save lives?
no idea
>what do you think about bleaching skin?
bleaching is dangerous. i use a lot of high spf sunblock though. sometimes i get lazy, which is bad. i put lemon on my skin once in a while and use papaya soap. i'm naturally pale, but i tan quickly, so i like to use it to lighten my tan. i've never gotten myself as light as my butt or boobs, but it'd be nice to

>> No.7715245

I have freckles which is rarely seen on any characters. So my question is what's the best way to hide freckles? Would a heavy foundation be enough or would I need something more?

>> No.7715283

>>7715245
Experiment with foundation and concealers reputed to cover up dark spots. Depending on how dark your freckles are, you might not get full coverage, but that's just a guess.

>> No.7715286

Are fake freckles (if done well with self-tanner or something, not tumblr-Marco-cosplay-tier) frowned upon? Because I have a few on my nose, they look like blemishes because there's not enough of them to look cute, and I like how freckles look.

>> No.7715300

I have oily skin and this is my routine:

In the morning:
>wash face with water only
>Skinfood Good Afternoon Tea BB cream
> sometimes stronger sun screen

At night:
>Wash face in shower with neutrogena face wash and one of those silicon scrubbing pads (sold at Sephora and most Asian shops for ~$5)
> Olay Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion

My skin used to be completely greasy and acne ridden, but recently has been quite nice! If you have oily skin, I would try using moisturizers on it (even if that seems contradictory).

>> No.7715303

Some seagulls were discussing the dilemma of chubby face/skinny body in the gothic thread. If you struggle with this, here's some tips:

If others in your family have similarly-shaped faces, it might just be genetics. The good news is you will probably age well and continue looking young for longer than those with thinner faces.

But if that's no comfort, exercise regularly. Skinny doesn't mean healthy, and a good exercise routine is not just about reducing weight. /fit/ has a good sticky about beginner strength/resistance training routines. You will NOT become a gross overly-muscled freak by doing strength training--especially if you're a woman (and thus less likely to pack on muscle easily). Bodybuilders eat a fuckton of protein and do other crazy things to maintain that muscular look--you'll never get there just by lifting weights or working out with a resistance band or doing bodyweight training (pushups, calisthenics, etc.). You will, however, become healthier, feel better, and look nicer by doing basic, appropriate strength/resistance training. It's just a basic aspect of fitness.

If it's not genetics, it might be diet. You might be carrying extra water weight, so cut back on sodium and up your water intake to help flush toxins from your body. Eat healthier, not less. "More fruits and veggies, less salt" is a good way to start.

It might also be age. Babyfat is a thing, and you might grow out of it. Give it time.

Other miscellaneous tips:

>angular glasses and haircuts will help de-emphasize facial roundness
>so will longer or shaggier hair (avoid super-short styles)
>facial muscle exercises may or may not work; can't hurt to try

>> No.7715312

>>7714997
>Just curious, does your makeup routine hold up for the day?
Completely forgot to reply to this, but no. Usually after half a day my foundation is practically gone, on warm days after an hour or three.

>> No.7715342

>>7715104
If your mother wants to try the peroxide you could always dilute it for her sensitive skin. I put small amounts of it in my very picky cat's water and he doesn't notice it at all.

>> No.7715348

>>7715303
Forgot to specify that working on strengthening your muscles, if your face is genetically predisposed to roundness, can help a slimmer body seem more proportionate to a rounder face while still being healthy (because becoming chubbier can also make you seem more proportional but there's little reason to expect that anyone in a beauty thread wants to look chubbier).

>> No.7715361

>>7714807
Requesting the image of which parts of the face grow pimples and the why they grow there

Also I have just started using donkey milk soap, just like Cleopatra did, and that shit is so cash. It has almost cleared my skin, my skin is super soft and dewy and healthy and also it smells super nice and it's very cheap (at least where I live)

>> No.7715363

>>7715361
That image is not scientifically valid, sorry to break it to you.

>> No.7715382

>>7715363
I don't care, I am willing to try anything by this point. Even thought my skin has been looking better thanks to the soap and everything, my forehead is looking terrible and I'm not sure why. It doesn't even look like normal acne, it's terrible.

>> No.7715388

>>7715300

>I would try using moisturizers on it (even if that seems contradictory)

See that's where people with oily skin fuck up. The oil your skin produces is not supposed to cover moisturizing your skin in full. It has a purpose, but when you don't moisturize your skin with anything else it goes into over drive to compensate, and you don't need all that it's trying to give you.

Moisturize your skin people, it's not going to break you out, leaving your skin thirsty will though.

>> No.7715404

>>7715382
Do you have bangs or use any hair products?

>> No.7715411

>>7715382
See a dermatologist. It's their job to know what's wrong with your skin.

>> No.7715412

I'm using Tretinion 0.5% cream on my face once a day, and I'm wondering if I can put toner and moisturizer on my face while I'm using it, or if it would be better to not use anything on my face while I'm on it.

I was also planning on buying Stridex pads, but will using both products mess up my face?
(i.e if I applied the tretinoin during the day and used the Stridex pads at night.)

>> No.7715420

>>7715193
Benton made me break out to begin with but I gave it a couple of weeks and I can't live without it now.

>> No.7715428

>>7715404
Yes, but most of the time I have my hair up so it won't touch my face
.>>7715411
Went to one and he said "It's just typical teen acne it will go away when you grow one". Considering going to another one now.

>> No.7715525

How to acquire even toned skin? I don't have acne just a few blemishes and spots around my face during the summer from the sun, my face looks so much better during the winter and spring.

Sun screen recommendations? Don't give me that 1oz shit that costs $90 that's always recommended on /fa/, my face isn't worth that much.
Currently using Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch spf 45. I payed 10 bucks for 6oz.

What facial scrub do you guys use? I use a couple of the clean and clear ones with the burst beads. I don't suffer from acne just an occasional zit around my nose and temple from not washing my hair.

I'm a guy btw :3

>> No.7715530

>>7715525
Oh yeah my nose is also getting slightly oily, it's something that didn't happen before. How do I take care of that?

>> No.7715537
File: 2 KB, 90x90, 4564523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7715525
>I'm a guy
>:3

>> No.7715540

Are those scrubbing towels/whatever they are better for the skin than exfoliators?

>> No.7715548

>>7715525
Keep your hair off your face whilst you sleep. It's grosser from your sweat during the summer so will cause the occasional pimple, you can use a girls headband or a strip of cloth or something

>> No.7715564
File: 384 KB, 500x749, gradident lips.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Remember this, you guys?
I keep reading complaints that it just doesn't work. Of course it doesn't, it's caked on makeup that'll smudge immediately it you close your lips.

I actually do this effect with my normal BB cream. Just blend it into the sides since your lips should already be pink (although you could add a touch of lipstain/whatever in the centers of your lips) and apply lip balm/gloss. Simple. And of course, exfoliate beforehand.

>> No.7715579

What's the best drug store bb cream?
I normally use a clinique one but I want a cheap one for everyday use. Any good lipstick brand recommendations would be great too, as well as brands to stay away from.

>> No.7715685

>>7715136
>>7715150
it's true reddit is the enemy on like every board. no clue why, never been there, probably never will

>> No.7715701

anyone know how to deal with rosacea? I don't have an awful case, but my face easily flushes, and it's apparent even through makeup.

>> No.7715707

>>7715685
because 4chan is full of manchildren

>> No.7715712

>>7715579
I heard good things about the Maybelline BB and all the Nigerians here seem to use it a lot

>> No.7715757

>>7715192
>Kojie-san soap
Oh, anon, I've researched it and it looks great! If you purchase it online or from eBay by any chance, can you recommend me a good seller? There seems to be an issue with fakes.

>> No.7715895

>>7715420
... i'm sold, anon! by the way, which emulsion do you use if you use it?

i will keep trying because i like the idea of it. what kind of improvements have you seen in your skin?

>> No.7715935

>>7715101
i know some of you think jennifer lawrence is overrated but this hairstyle was really beautiful on her and her face is pretty round.
http://ca.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014321/rs_560x415-140421141250-1024.jennifer-lawrence-hairstyle2.jpg

>> No.7715995

>>7715144
Different anon, but you can do chemical peels at home and buy the stuff for it on amazon. That's what I did and it completely cleared up the acne that was spreading all over my cheeks. It can be disastrous though if you're not careful.

>> No.7716124

>>7715382
I think I had something similar anon? I had large angry red lumps that broke out at unpredictable times across my face, arms, chest and back. None of the dermatologists I spoke to could help even though I tried almost everything. It turned out that I was allergic to soy products and my system was pushing the toxins through my skin to get rid of it. Maybe some diet investigation would help you too?

>> No.7716131

Best whitening products please? My go-to whitening serum got discontinued (Methode Swiss Intensive Whitening Serum for anyone interested, that shit was boss)

>> No.7716134
File: 498 KB, 500x258, dude looks like a lady.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7715707
are you like new or just dumb

>> No.7716328

>>7716131
I just use lightening soaps like likas. I'm currently using a whitening toner along with an essence and cream that supposedly white, but I dont know if theyre working. im not getting darker, but I dont think im getting lighter, either.

>> No.7716333

Are there any drug store brand BBs that go to like, super pale with yellow tones?

All I can find is pink and pale, or yellow and not actually yellow but orange instead.

>> No.7716371

Does anybody know how to hide mustache shadows? I thread my upper lip hairs and that used to solve the problem but now I get a very prominent shadow when I do big smiles.

>> No.7716448

>>7715312
You might need to look into another foundation that will hold up then. Setting powder will help a bit but it sounds like that's not enough. Also consider getting a primer, which can help with your oily spots and keep your makeup on longer.

>>7715579
For the lipsticks, are you talking about drugstore or brand? For drugstore I actually still use the Revlon lip butters. Some of them are quite pigmented and they go on smoothly and feel hydrating. NYX has a pretty good range of colors to choose from but some people don't like the smell. I haven't had too many problems with most drugstore brand lipsticks except for the really cheap ones (Wet 'n Wild, NYC, Elf).

As for brand I recently tried Bite Beauty and I was quite impressed! I also grabbed some Sephora brand lipsticks and they were quite nice as I recall.

>> No.7716457

I have really bad hangnails to the point where sometimes they hurt or sometimes scab if i'm not careful. Anyone have advice?

>> No.7716511
File: 624 KB, 620x636, 42770.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have blackhead issues and what is the best way to deal with them? Other than the occasional hormonal zit sometimes, they are the only thing that is wrong with my skin, so I want to get some kind of product to help with them that won't somehow cause even more problems. I currently just wash my face and use Clinique Dramatically Different Gel as a moisturizer, and that's about it, but I have some blackheads on my nose and chin area I'd like to work on getting rid of.

Any suggestions on products would be great, this is what I was thinking about getting.

>> No.7716512

>>7716457
Do you push back your cuticles? Also make sure to lotion your cuticles

Here's a good step by step nail care:
http://www.wikihow.com/Keep-Your-Fingernails-Clean

>> No.7716519

>>7715150
>oooh look imma 4chan vetran
>reddit hate hurr durr
>I'm so anonymous omg

since when did /cgl/ become part of the tumblr-raiding, website-hacking anonymous? other boards may take up that identity but hobby boards are not suppose to give shit about that.

Who's the newfag now?

>> No.7716558
File: 1.28 MB, 392x277, 1404557963562.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7716519
This. Sure reddit is a shithole (just like 4chan!) but it has the odd useful subreddit, just like 4chan has genuinely useful threads here and there. Neither 4chan or reddit is the place for cool kids and anyone who takes this baby slapwar seriously is a gigantic faggot.

>> No.7716600
File: 181 KB, 800x1200, ihwx.45a388b4-834d-4dc8-855d-0a1421c49cb5.1200.800.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Morning:
- wash face with Decubal foaming cleanser
- Paula's Choice RESIST moisturizer without SPF
- Decubal eye cream
- LRP Antihelios Fluide Extreme SPF50
- Missha Signature Real Complete BB Cream

Evening:
- wash face with Decubal foaming cleanser + Clarisonic
- exfoliate with Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant
- Paula's Choice antioxidant serum with retinol
- Paula's Choice RESIST moisturizer without SPF
- Decubal eye cream

I'd maybe like to start incorporating stuff like toners and a non-retinol serum for during the day.
Also I'm looking for a nice broad-spectrum physical sunscreen that isn't too greasy. Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice lightweight sunscreen with at least 15% non-nano ZnO? I'm currently eyeing one from MDSolarSciences and another from Algenist.

The AHA exfoliant is a lifesaver. I've always had high skin turnover and if I didn't (mechanically) exfoliate at least once every two days my chin and the area around my nose would get super thick, bumpy and clogged, which would then lead to pimples. I didn't like scrubbing at my skin so often, though, especially since it's hard to only reach the rough bits without also affecting the sensitive areas under my eyes and around my mouth. Since I've been using this chemical exfoliant I haven't experienced any rough skin or pimples and people constantly compliment me on my smooth skin.
Worst is pretty much anything by LUSH. My skin isn't particularly sensitive (never reacted negatively even to harsh treatments I used as a dumb kid) but all the fragrances in LUSH products make me itchy and give me headaches. My SIL keeps giving me shit for this because it's naaaaatural and therefore better than anything with chemicals (lolwut) but fuck that.

>> No.7716603

>>7716600
Whoops forgot to mention that my skin type is pretty normal. Not dry, oily, acne-prone or particularly sensitive although I like to pretend it is and only use gentle, moisturizing products.

>> No.7716754

>>7715757
I bought mine off Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005R3IPJI/
Cut portions off the bar to use and keep the rest wrapped up to improve the shelf-life of the main ingredient.

>> No.7716786

>>7716448
I use primer, actually. I haven't been taking proper care of my skin though, so maybe that's something to try first. I really don't want to switch foundations because the one I'm using right now has great coverage.

>> No.7716894

>>7716600
>decubal cleanser
Ayyy sup my nigga

>> No.7716895
File: 728 KB, 2048x1536, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7716134
No, I'm just not an immature prat who turns her nose up at good advice only because it comes from a website that anonymous people on an Internet image board told me not to like

>> No.7716902
File: 107 KB, 279x304, 1388591819161.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7716895
>good advice
>from reddit

>> No.7716904

>>7715540
Anyone?
>>7716600
>Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice lightweight sunscreen with at least 15% non-nano ZnO?
Seconding this. My current sunscreen is awfully heavy and I don't know shit about sun protection, so any recommendations would be appreciated.

>> No.7716965

Is it possible to get a tan when using SPF 50 sunscreen?

>> No.7716993
File: 952 KB, 245x125, tumblr_muuwvgDian1rny9ino1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7716965
Short answer: No.

TL;DR answer: No.
Not when you're using one that works as it's supposed to. Tanning happens when your cells produce/release melanin in response to oxidative stress (primarily caused by UVA) and direct DNA damage (primarily caused by UVB). So basically if you want to tan you need to let UV radiation damage your cells first. Sunscreen ingredients protect your skin from UV radiation by absorbing the energy or reflecting it. If they let enough energy through to induce the damage response that leads to tanning, they're not doing their job.

Note that there's a difference between SPF and PPD/PA ratings. SPF is for UVB which causes sunburn and the most noticeable skin darkening which usually shows up a day or two after sun exposure. PPD/PA is for UVA which causes minor skin darkening (PPD stands for "persistent pigment darkening") and aging, as well as being the biggest cause of skin cancer. So it's possible to have a sunscreen that gets its high SPF rating from ingredients that absorb UVB but not UVA, meaning that UVA could darken your skin a teensy bit... but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not sure if UVB-only sunscreens are even allowed on the market anymore.

>> No.7717025 [DELETED] 

>>7716993
Damn. Is there no single way to tan safely? Pale skin just looks so fucking gross on me. I don't know where on the scale from 1 to 10 I am, but I know that having a tan moves me up at least one, or maybe two numbers.
Is it an option to use an SPF 30 sunscreen?

>> No.7717027

>>7716993
Fuck. Is there no single way to tan safely? Pale skin just looks so fucking gross on me. I don't know where on the scale from 1 to 10 I am, but I know that having a tan moves me up at least one, or maybe two numbers.
Would using an SPF 30 sunscreen be an option, or would I still not tan?

>> No.7717043

Can anyone give me some good moisturizer recommendations that are ridiculously pricy?

>> No.7717045

>>7717043
*aren't
oh god i fucked up

>> No.7717047

>>7717043
Go to your local pharmacy, see what they have, test out, get more if you like the results.

>> No.7717050

>>7717027
Well like I said there is a direct causal relationship between skin damage and tanning so no there is no "safe" way to tan, only a spectrum of unsafe ways. You probably won't end up looking like a leather bag at 40 as long as you don't overdo it but you WILL age your skin more and increase the risk of cancer.

Three options:
- accept the fact that tanning means damage and roll with it
- find a decent fake tanning product
- embrace your moon tan like I did

>> No.7717072

>>7717050
Well, I guess I'll go for the first option. Thankfully I tan pretty fast, so I don't have to go in the sun that much.

>> No.7717074

>>7717027
That other anon is correct about the skin damage tanning can cause, but that is only if you overdo it. I look like shit when I'm pale too. I feel happier and healthier when I have a bit of a tan. But I refuse to fakebake, because that shit is terribe for your skin.

Tan naturally. I use spf30 sunscreen, and go swimming once or twice a week. Go to the beach, hit up someone who has a pool. Don't overdo it, but you won't die of skin cancer if you slap on some sunscreen and go out and have fun once or twice a week.

If it's July or August, and it's extra sunny out, I put spf50 on my face. But you will be fine and tan nicely with spf30. Just make sure you reapply it if you feel yourself starting to burn.

You won't die if you're in the sun too long. Jesus christ my dad is a construction worker so he's brown even though our family is pasty white. You only need to be wary if you live in Australia or some country with a giant hole in the ozone layer.

I am so sick of seeing so many pasty people on this board being afraid of getting a little sun, and a little tan. Stop raining on their parade, you won't look like a 30 year old hooker if you go to the fucking beach. That shit mainly happens when you go to tanning salons. Constant fakebaking is what ages you, same with over tanning outside. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. God it's like you people never played outdoor sports.

>> No.7717082

>>7717074
^^^This. Anon beat me to it. Yes, that other anon is correct with being wary of getting too much sun, but holy fuck you're overdoing it with "oh the sun prematurely ages you!"

Getting some sun is good for you. You will not age prematurely if you're outside a few times a week for a few hours. You'll get a slight tan, and you'll at most look healthier.

I live in NJ and went to school where all the girls went to tanning salons weekly. I also look about 10 years younger than them now in the face. That's because they overdid it with the tanning products and salons, so yes, the did prematurely age themselves.

Just like what the anon above me said, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Having a little tan can be good. Plus, I also think it makes people look better.

>> No.7717083

>>7717074
They likely never did.

>> No.7717096

>>7717074
Doesn't going outside in the sun help some with depression too? Sunlight helps produce natural amounts of vitamin D. I got diagnosed with depression when I was younger, but my family doesn't believe in medicating yourself for things that we believe you can naturally overcome. (Yes, we get vaccinated we're not dumb)

My shrink suggested I get outside more and do more activities out there. And I feel way better. I like going outside on nice days, I feel less like a piece of shit, and I also sleep better at night too. Because of this I'm a little tan. I also look about five years younger than I really am. So going off of what this anon was saying. A little tan can help in the long run sometimes. If you're careful, you're fine.

>> No.7717111

>>7717074
>>7717082
When anon said "get a tan" I assumed they meant a light golden glow which, for most people I know, takes at least an hour or two unprotected in the sun and not just a walk to the grocery store with SPF30 on because then everyone I know would be tan as hell. Of course you won't automatically get cancer if you let the sun's rays touch you, I never said that. I occasionally hang out on my balcony without sunscreen because I'm a lazy bum who can't be bothered. I'm not a vampire.

Thing is, anon asked if there was a SAFE way to tan which to me translates as "a way to tan without incurring any skin damage" which is physically impossible. I never said she was going to die of cancer if she tried.

BTW to anyone reading this and trying to minimize photoaging/stay pale/whatever, make sure you get vitamin D supplements. Just like melanin vitamin D is only really produced when your cells absorb UV radiation so if that's something you're actively preventing then you're not producing enough vitamin D, either.

>> No.7717120
File: 212 KB, 800x1170, 083.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7715101
Do you want to emphesize or hide roundess? Do you have sharp cheekbones? Do you want bangs?

Short bobs are always good. Shorter hairstyles (like on the picture) with exposed ears can also look really nice.
Having no bangs or sideswept ones will make your face appear slightly longer and less round, while rounded ones (the ones where the hair is shortest above nose and longer on the sides of forehead) will emphasize face shape. Avoid straight bangs or reversly rounded ones, they rarely look good.

You can look at ChokiChoki Girls magazine, they have a lot of short hair ideas.

Also:
>tfw internet resources don't distinguish round face from fat face

>> No.7717401
File: 99 KB, 579x789, Vanessa Hudgens Bob Haircut 2012.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7717120
Thanks anon! I don't want bangs, and I'm fine with the roundedness as long as the hair isn't a bowlcut or something with really sharp lines (I like haircuts that look more... fluffy?)
I'll have a look once I download them.

One thing that made my teenage life a living hell is my mum saying that I have a "beautiful, perfect oval face" when it was, in fact, round, and so I thought I could pull off any hairstyle. I couldn't.

Anyway, this one looks cute!

>> No.7717428

>>7716511
High chance they're sebaceous filaments rather than blackheads. Regardless, chemical exfoiliants like AHAs and BHAs can help

>> No.7717467

>>7717074
I want to believe this but Asian women practically hide from the sun and they look so young. You can't tell me it's JUST genetics and diet.

>> No.7717473

>>7717401
I know that feel of having an overly complimentary and unrealistic mum. "Anon you have such a perfect skinny figure that eeeeeeverything looks good on you!"
>have quarterback shoulders
>have gigantic childbearing hips and thunder thighs
The clothes she had me wear made me look wide as all hell. It didn't help that I never had anything with any sort of waist definition, because anything that actually fit my waist "looks uncomfortable". I'm not 100% sure she wasn't trying to sabotage me in some way.
Nowadays if I dare to suggest that something probably doesn't flatter me she gets downright angry that I'm "insulting myself". Sigh.

>> No.7717515

>>7717467
Asian women tend to look young because of their features, even the ones who have been working in rice fields in the sun.

>> No.7717519

>>7717515
I think the rice field workers look super old though. Are you sure you're not just a fedorafag with an asian fetish?

>> No.7717547

>>7717519
No? I've seen many who look quite fine.
I'm female, and even if I weren't I certainly wouldn't tug my monkey at rice field workers.

>> No.7717560

>>7717519
there's a few exfoliaters that use ingredients from the rice fields, because they noticed how the women who worked there didn't seem to age as dramatically. I know off the top of my hair dermalogicas daily microfoliant was created off the back of it.

>> No.7717562

>>7717560
damn. Head not hair

>> No.7717582

>>7715342
>put small amounts of it in my very picky cat's water

Why? Isn't that bad for him?

>> No.7717587

>>7715564
it looks like a butthole

>> No.7717590

>>7717027
fake tan??

>> No.7717599

>>7715564
Yeah I bet its pretty much just for youtube videos/photoshoots.
I can do a tiny bit of concealer on the very edges of my lips and thats about it. Doesn't help that my lips are constantly dry as fuck though, I can't really wear anything but lipgloss

>> No.7717601

>>7717027
There's some pinterest tutorial out there for ~natural~ fake tan with like cocoa powder and lotion.
Like most pinterest tutorials, I'm sure it's shit and will fail in real life but it does exist

>> No.7717612

>>7717601
It's streaky shit.

>> No.7717649
File: 27 KB, 534x401, haircut again.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7715101
haircut I used to have. I have a round face and this was really flattering on me. Kind of plays up the roundness and de-emphasizes it at the same time.
>self posting on 4chan.
forgive me.

>> No.7717700

What's a good haircut for heart shaped faces?

>> No.7717724

Are Paula's Choice retinols worth it or is there something better I should try? I have a daily routine and not a lot of skin problems but since I'm in my 30s I want to upgrade to something stronger.

>> No.7717731

>>7717724
Paula's Choice are fine, don't create problems where there are none.

>> No.7717750

>>7717731
To clarify, I don't use any retinols right now but want to help take care of some very fine lines.

>> No.7717837
File: 116 KB, 800x605, aging-effects-sun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7717467
No you're right. They are really underestimating how much sunlight ages you. Asian fisherwomen and others who spend a lot of time outside do look much much older than the ones who stay inside.
I don't get why people keep insisting sunlight is good for you. I know it's fun to go to the beach and shit and sunlight has some psychological benefits in winter. But this is a beauty thread, and it's a known fact that sunlight ages your skin. Pic related.

Just wear waterproof sunscreen when you go to the beach or play sports and stop pretending that tans are healthy.

>> No.7717841
File: 18 KB, 508x320, UVA-Sun-Damage2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7717837

>> No.7717846

>>7715150
hows your first day on /b/? too much penis?

>> No.7717854

Help would be loved and required.

So, I had super bad acne once upon a midnight dreary. I got on Clarivis, and quit a month after the regimen was done, because my skin looked fabulous and I was sick of my lip splitting open whenever I so much as smiled or opened my mouth.

I get tiny bits of acne, kind of exacerbated by me picking at them. I'm looking for good ways to finally banish acne, because regular skincare routines actually seem to be *working* now. I'm just looking to finally get rid of my stupid acne forever. I don't want anymore glaring red dots in photos.

I use: CeraVe Hydrating cleanser
CeraVe Moisturizer
St. Ive's Gentle Exfoliating pads

And I use Aztec's Secret claymask on saturdays (new to routine, just used it for the first time this Saturday).

I'm still getting acne. And I want it gone. I just want normal skin like normal people. Is there a step up in the ingredient ladder than I can try?

>> No.7717862

>>7717854

*appreciated.

Fuck I was distracted when I wrote that. Not required, sorry about that typo!

>> No.7717879

Any products work well for hyper pigmentation? I exfoliate and use Vitamin E oil, purchased Kojie san soap, and am currenly using mederma, but the results are too slow to be considered actual progress.

>> No.7717883

I need a recs for a new face SS that isn't terribly expensive (I'm located in the US). Currently using biore sarasara uv perfect milk waterproof but it had way too much alcohol. I have oily skin but it still causes flaking.

Used to get a Sofina that's now discontinued ;_;

>> No.7717899

>>7717854
normal people get tiny acne sometimes.

>> No.7717919

>>7717854
>Aztec's Secret claymask
Protip, its literally just plain clay

>> No.7717929

>>7717879
Have you tried or considered turmeric?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=727oL0hQzpM

>> No.7717934

>7717899

For once I'd love to get just nice, clean skin, though. I just don't like how big mine get.

>>7717919
Yes, and it felt really awesome. Somebody saved me from making a GlamGlow mistake, and the store I work at didn't carry any clay at all.

I'm working how not to make it lumpy when I mix it, and I'm concerned that I might have problems with plumbing. All water goes directly to our septic tank, and I don't want to get lambasted for clogging up our pipes.

>> No.7717963

>>7717837
I don't think the "badly aged" people look ugly at all. I'm curious about how old they are, though.

>> No.7717980

>>7717929
Thanks, anon! Will definitely try this next

>> No.7717994

>>7717980
No problem. I'm having this yellow shit on my face right now and I have to say - it stinks like hell.

But the girl's results in the video are amazing so I'm doing it myself to lighten my skin. I only put it on my face a few times, so there is only small improvement, but I have also observed that it helped me with my acne.

And anon, if you have problems with pigmentation - be sure to use sunscreen. Everything will go to waste if you don't protect your skin from the sun.

>> No.7717996

>>7717854
Salicylic acid might be a good first step.

>>7717837
Because activating vitamin D (which is also related to the psychological benefits depending on which studies you read), but you only need 15-30 mins per day which most people get if they go outside at all, at least in summer.

>> No.7718004

Is there a moisturizer or day cream you guys recommend for a combination skin that's extremely sensitive? I've used different ones for sensitive skin and they all stung like a bitch and made the non-oily parts of my facial extremely dry. I'm in Europe for the record.

>> No.7718012

>>7717996
I agree. And also people seem to forget that you don't need your FACE to absorb the UV. Why risk worsening your skin condition, when you have the rest of the body to produce vitamin D? I don't see the point.

>> No.7718042

>>7718004
Also where the hell can I find legit african shea butter over here? Sephora fr doesn't have it and I can't order it from the US site because customs are a bitch.

>> No.7718121
File: 2.27 MB, 1080x1920, e05e8305-df8b-499b-825d-da2686b87.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What is this on my neck? It sometimes appears on my chest but never on my face. They don't itch, they don't swell, sometimes they turn red. Tried popping one of them and it's just water. They come and go.
What scrub do you guys use this fucking clean and clear shit is garbage.

>> No.7718128

>>7717929
I just get shea butter of ebay

>>7718042
I am a huge fan of tumeric I will never quit with it

>>7717919
>plebian it's just clay
it's bentonite clay, which is great for detoxification. plus it makes my face look bomb

>> No.7718132

>>7718042
An African store or a spiritual supply store. There might be one in a black area in a city or something. But that's how it is in the US, sorry.

>> No.7718145

>>7717934
protip, mix the clay with apple cider vinegar and not water, it's better for mixing and better for your skin anyway

I wash it off in the shower and put liquid plumr in the drain

>> No.7718201

What's a good under eye cream/moisturizer for sensitive skin? Preferably something I can put on overnight.

My under eyes are a teensy bit dark/purple-ish just from genetics + somewhat deep set. Also my corners have a red line from rubbing/being a crybaby child.

>> No.7718515

>>7715193
>morning
I use Shea Moisture soap (either the black acne soap or the brightening coconut soap), then I tone with Thayers Witch Hazel and then moisturize (sometimes I just use my physicians formula organic bb cream)
>night
Wash face again with same soap (if I exfoliate I use an alba botanica one) and then I tone again and moisturize. I also use eye cream (benefits right now, just to use it up) and then spot treatments (desert essences blemish touch stick is godly)

I really recommend looking into more natural products. I don't think my skin has ever felt better

>> No.7718565

>>7717919
Aztecs Secret is the best face mask stuff out there. Plus it's really cheap considering how long it lasts you.

Also to the other anon, I tend to dump some of it down the drain and it's usually fine... If you're worried tho just throw it away in the trash

>> No.7718583

Anyone have any good primers they recommend? Preferably for oil control/perfecting skin. Sometimes I don't really want to wear makeup but if I don't I feel like I look like a greaseball. If the primer is cruelty free or natural that would be even more perfect!!

>> No.7718585

>>7717120
Where can someone download/read scans for free? v. interested in reading more about short styles to give me inspiration

>> No.7718606

>>7718585
I get it via blogspot, I don't think I can link it here but see vvshu, jmagazinearchives, jbums and the livejournal comm

>> No.7718810

Looking for a recommendation.

I have awful cystic acne behind my ears, along my chin.
Not so much on my face, but it does break out in waves here and here.
I have been putting off seeing someone about it all.

But would it be better to see a dermatologist?
versus general physician or even a esthetician?

>> No.7718829

>>7718810
I'd go to a dermatologist first. Can't speak for estheticians, but general physicians have never been able to help my with skin problems. Since (most of them) didn't/don't study skin conditions, they're only able to give you very basic advice. I used to have extremely bad acne, and my general physician prescribed some very harsh chemicals that were supposed to take care of it, but only messed up my skin. First appointment with my dermatologist, she figured out the underlying cause and within a few weeks my skin was visibly much better.

>> No.7718888

>>7718121
Not sure, to be honest. They could be just shallow skin tags, or some form of light pimple, or a mild allergic reaction.

I don't think a scrub will help (in fact, it may worsen the problem by causing microtears, which can lead to inflamed and more irritated skin).

My first guess is that you may have some sort of allergic reaction to around the neck and chest area. Do you wear the same jacket with a standing collar, or the same scarf, for days on end? Make sure that anything touching there regularly is clean.

If you're wearing nothing there, it may be your pillowcase. Change your pillowcase everyday, OR lay a clean towel over your pillow every night and sleep on that. The dead skin cells from the previous night of sleeping, can cause or exacerbate acne.

If that doesn't seem to help after several days, check your laundry supplies. You may need to switch to a detergent that's specifically for gentle skin. Use plain white vinegar from the grocery store as a substitute for softener. White vinegar doesn't have waxes that build up on fabric, rinses better, and helps to lock in the dye in your clothes.

If none of those options don't seem to help, go see a dermatologist. They should be able to tell what's wrong, whether it's a fungal infection (yes, those can happen on skin), skin tags, or whatever the issue is.

>> No.7718909

>>7718121
>>7718888
Sorry, forgot to recommend something other than Clean & Clear. Cerave tends to be a good starting brand for skincare. Try Cerave foaming cleanser. (If your skin feels like it's being stripped dry from this, you might want to give the bottle to a friend, and try Cerave's hydrating cleanser). Then moisturize.

Every three nights, try a chemical exfoliator, like St. Ives exfoliating pads, from your face all the way down to your neck. Let it sit for 30 MINUTES. Then moisturize as usual.

>> No.7718920

>>7718201
I've been using Benefits eye cream. It's ok. I don't really know any others to recommend, I'm sure almost any eye cream does the job though.
>>7718583
Asking again, can anyone recommend some good primers?

>> No.7718959

is a toner used to close up pores?
What toner do you guys recommend?

>> No.7718963

>>7718920
Depends on what kind of base you want. Water-based or silicone-based? Silicone-based is good if you want really flawless-looking skin but I know personally I don't like the feel of it. A cheap one would be Hard Candy's regular face primer. Smashbox has good ones too at a higher price point.

I use water-based mostly because I have oily skin, but I haven't found one that I really like. Currently I use a primer by Pop Beauty which is slightly creamy and contains caffeine. I used to use Tony Moly but they discontinued it.

>> No.7718983

>>7717074
>>7717837
Funny, I saw on the news today that skin cancer is on the rise and the U.S. Surgeon General advices everyone to stop tanning.

>> No.7719018
File: 404 KB, 658x718, 1406634268730.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Posting here for the first time because holy shit am I tired of having the worst skin possible.
>Have obnoxious acne/body acne and skin gets oily really quickly
>Get breakouts of ingrown hair/pimples when I shave my neck, and I have ingrown hairs on my elbow region and legs ALL THE TIME. i'm not really sure what causes it, but there's like a thin layer of skin over some hairs and they gradually become ingrown or just continue to grow under the skin until I notice it and pluck it out
>Have dermatillomania to boot
I'm shaving my legs for a cosplay for Otakon, and I really don't want to have a million ingrown hairs and general red bumpy legs.
Whenever I do cosplay makeup, it tends to look greasy halfway through the day too, and i've never been able to stop that from happening.
I'm literally the most inept person when it comes to makeup/skincare/everything and I want to change how it looks but most of the stuff i've bought never works.

>> No.7719029

>>7717467
I know plenty of southeast asians who aged just as well.

>> No.7719046

>>7718121
Boy or girl?

>> No.7719052

>>7718963
Thanks for the sugestion! I don't like silicone either so I'll google the pop beauty one. Has anyone tried the korres ones?

>> No.7719084

>>7718959
No, toner is just an additional cleanser after your regular cleansing routine.

Pores don't open or close, and can't really be made to by any product, despite whatbmarketing says.

Clean pores will look smaller, so you can keep them clean with the oil cleansing method (OCM) or a beta hydroxy acid (BHA).

Don't confuse sebaceous filaments with pores. Sebaceous filaments are normal and can't go away, but their appearance can be reduced with the OCM and BHA.

>> No.7719086 [DELETED] 

>>7719046
that's a female u retard u can tell by the eve apple

>> No.7719087

>>7718959
Thayer's witch hazel is generally recommended because it contains no alcohol.

>> No.7719092

>>7718201
>>7718920
Just an fyi, one doesn't specifically need an EYE cream for the eyes, but generally you want a THICKER cream reserved for the eyes. You can look for super-thick facial creams that are specifically for sensitive skin, and try it out for your eyes. Don't forget to pat it on using your ring finger (least amount of pressure from that finger)

>> No.7719100

>>7719018
There are creams and sprays that prevent ingrown hairs, although I am not sure if they will work for your skin. Do you moisturize before and after shaving?

For makeup the best you could do is use a primer and maybe use a setting spray. You probably have to use some oil-blotting paper throughout the day as well.

Get some oil blotting paper and keep them with you.

>> No.7719104

>>7718583
I've read that the matte one from the Body Shop is pretty good, but I've never used it myself.

>> No.7719120

>>7718920
Is Korean BB out of the question? Since that's supposed to be an all-purpose product anyway (primer and foundation, with powder completely optional), it seems like that would be perfect for you...

>> No.7719176

>>7718585
http://jmagazinescans.livejournal.com/

>> No.7719189
File: 40 KB, 750x325, Tosowoong-Pore-Brush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

SO I have acne, thankfully it's only my face though. I think, however, that I've found my holy grail combo and part of it due to a previous beauty thread.

>DECUBAL face foam.
It's super soft on the skin, contains panthenol if I'm not mistaken and isn't drying. Anon recommended it about half a year ago and I'm on my second bottle now. It doesn't make my acne worse which is a win on its own.
>Salicylic acid peels.
Got a tiny bottle of 10% off Egay, helps to get rid of bumps and scars. Waiting for my 20% bottle right now since pimples have starting to go away and there's still tons a work with resurfacing. I don't do it too often though, only when I feel my face has recovered from the last one.
>Tosowoong face brush.
Seriously. This is what turned everything around. I tried other face brushes before (some random from a drugstore and The Body Shop) but they were super rough and didn't really clean my face properly. And I would always get a mayor breakout after using one of those. I also tried a Konjac sponge (Ecotools) for some time, but it was ineffective. This, however, fuck. My existing acne (small bumps, a few deep ones) started to go away right after the first use - blackheads went smaller or disappeared (they're gone from my cheeks, still have 'em on my nose though) and old scars started to fade immediately. It's soft like fur but it cleans sooo effectively. I got mine from Ebay for $14.

With all seriousity, this brush is the shit. Mind you I haven't tried Clairsonic so I can't compare. But on it's own, this tiny brush is pretty amazing and cost efficient. The acne on my forehead is gone and tiny whiteheads which I used to pop just disappear in a day. I still get bumps from using foundation ( I always seem to have a reaction to creamy shit I put on my face) but when I go for longer periods without face makeup my face pretty much clears up.
>pic related

>> No.7719341

>>7718888
>>7718909
I work around lots of food and spices so you could be right about it being an allergy. I also buy a lot of second hand designer pieces so that could also be...
Thanks for the detailed reply.

>> No.7719439

>>7716902
It's almost like you've never actually had a look and you're forming an opinion on what 4chan told you to think!

>> No.7719516

Is iherb.com trustworthy? They have a lot of stuff I want to try out.

>> No.7719591
File: 684 KB, 677x2163, tonymoly_oil.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7716511
I got a sample pack of the pig nose strips from Holika Holika but I haven't actually used them yet... supposedly they work really well but Ive never had luck with any kind of black head remover... but the closest thing I did encounter was the tonymoly blackhead oil soap (see pic)

>> No.7719598
File: 73 KB, 920x280, Mixed Banner-980x280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I posted about this in one of the other makeup threads but I figured I'd do it again because I love most of these products and they come at a great price for the most part (even with shipping from korea) but
> http://kpoptown.com/234-cosmetics
Cheap, cute, great products for cheaper than anywehre else on the web (that I've seen so far) and they have a lot of promotional deals as well as sending you sample packs, too. totally worth a try as far as I'm concerned.

>> No.7719601

>>7719189
>tosowoong face brush
This sounds really promising. Where in your skin routine have you implemented this?

>> No.7719602
File: 35 KB, 682x512, LOreal Studio Secrets Jar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you have wide pores and want to cover them, I recommend this. You can buy it at Walmart.

>> No.7719609

>>7714807
Anything for dark circles as a result of thin/pale skin in the eye area? I've heard of collagen building creams being great for that, but I'm not sure what products I should be looking for.

>> No.7719623

>>7719602
what skin type do you have?

>>7719591
I read on a reddit thread that cosmetic mineral oil is really good for removing blackheads.

anyone know where to get that sort of stuff in sydney? lol

>> No.7719630

>>7719189
I think it was me who recommended it! I'm so glad there's anons who took my advice and are happy with the results.

I also recommend running ingredient lists through cosDNA, because that's how I decided to get the face foam in the first place. If you ever need a moisturizer or the one you used is discontinued, I recommend running the product's ingredients through that to see if there are some irritants.

>> No.7719633

>>7719623
I have combination skin. My T-Zone is really oily but my cheeks are dry as hell.

as for the oil gel, you can look on ebay or even just google search and use the shopping tab...? That's generally how I find stuff. Buuuut, Kpoptown probably ships to Sydney and thats where I bought mine so...

>> No.7719685

>>7719633
ah same! That's great~

oh, I forgot about online shopping. I prefer buying in person where possible. but I will check it out! thankyou~

>> No.7719699

>>7717467
>>7717515

This and the fact they eat very healthy and eat a lot of offal foods. Gelatin is great for improving skin elasticity

>> No.7719860

>>7719623
Food grade mineral oil is actually recommended over cosmetic mineral oil in reddit, because cosmetic mineral oil tends to have fragrances added in.

One common cosmetic mineral oil is plain baby oil.

Food grade mineral oil is often called wood oil (because it's used on wooden cutting boards in cooking, and additives like fragrance are avoided so as to not screw up with the food's taste). Wood oil you can find in cooking supply stores.

To remove makeup or just do an oil cleansing, apply the mineral oil to your face, massage, and wipe off with a warm wet towel. (After a week of doing this, you may notice "grits" from black heads loosen and dislodge. Don't apply too much force when massaging, or you may break capillaries, which are permanent.) Then go to your regular cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing.

>> No.7720409

>>7719601
I use with with my beforementioned face wash - really thoroughly in the evenings but I also use it in the mornings and every time after removing my makeup (I've got big pores so I'm super paranoid of my makeup cleanser&cotton pad combo not being effective enough). It's super soft and gentle and I've yet to have my skin get mad at me for it (had it for about 3 weeks now).
>>7719630
Wow, that's fantastic advice! Thanks a lot, again!

>> No.7720437

>>7720409
I'm glad it seems I can use it with my own products because there is no info on whether or not tosowoong tests on animals, so I didn't really want to get their own face wash. Anyway, I'm definitely going to get one of these, I have high expectations.

>> No.7720980

>>7715286
as long as they're not eyeliner dots across your face, you're good

>> No.7720984

I have horrible dry skin, so I wash it with coconut oil
coconut oil work wonders
tea tree oil too

>> No.7721001

>>7717027
Wish I could feel the same way as you. I'm so pale, I can't find any foundation light enough for me at my local stores, that also help with dry skin. And I wish I was even paler than I am now.
I wish I liked being tan. Being a pasty bitch is a pain.

>> No.7721038
File: 22 KB, 476x1115, pocketderm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone used PocketDerm before? I got a free trial for a month and I've had the topical cream for like 3 days, so I'm wondering if anyone has any longterm usage results.

For those unfamiliar with it, it's a $20 per month online acne medication service thing that's facilitated by dermatologists. You just take pictures of your face and bacne, and you can chat directly with a dermatologist who give your a topical prescription. Since I don't have access to a dermatologist with my health insurance I got interested in how this works and how cheap it is.

>> No.7721062

>>7715412
Actually I've heard that tretinoin isn't light stable, so you should apply it at night before bed. Daylight will just make it break down and be ineffectice.

And since Stridex is salicylic acid, if it's too harsh for you while using the tretinion reduce it to like every other day or once a week. It can be your weekly acid exfoliation.

>> No.7721108

>>7719623
>>7719860

I believe you can also find food grade mineral oil in pharmacies and in aisles where you'd find laxatives and constipation medication. Drinking mineral oil gives you the runs, so it's used as a laxative. Not sure if buying it as wood oil is cheaper than buying it as a laxative.

>> No.7721109

>>7720984
tea tree oil smells wonderfully to me, but the problem is even my dog hates it and runs the fuck away when I put it on

>> No.7721118

>>7721109
Do you put it on straight? I heard it's too strong to use right out of the bottle and that you should dilute it with like olive oil or jojoba oil before using it as a skincare treatment.

>> No.7721135

>>7714972
What's the best way to lighten the rest of my body to match my face? I also want to get rid of tanlines that I've had for years.

>> No.7721137

>>7721118
I use it straight and it worked just swell, the downside is that it reeks

>> No.7721186

In regards to cosmetics, does anyone have a recommendation for a red lipstick similar to MAC's Russian Red that leans more neutral than cool and isn't quite as intense/bright? I'd also like to keep the price under around $20 if possible and also have it still be a matte finish.

Also, is there such a thing as a yellow mix that I can add to foundation? I have a near perfect level match for my pale ass skin but the undertone is a bit too pink for me if I'm standing in good enough lighting. Nothing else goes light enough for me so I'm wondering if I can't warm it up somehow.

>> No.7721252

Has anyone tried the honey method to removing the dryness from your lips?
Since I always crossplay, I tend to try and lighten my lips with concealer, but since my lips are dry, it looks gross as fuck.

>> No.7721288

>>7715564
I tried this shit lots of times and still not working.
>>7717467
>be white
>hide from the sun as asian women do

>> No.7721292

Hey /cgl/, I'm a little bit clumsy and I bruise like a damn peach. What is the best way to cover them?

>> No.7721309

>>7721292
Check out some tattoo coverup videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnQePynrxpk . Seems like a lot of people use dermablend.

>> No.7721321

>>7715564
I get it to work, AND LAST, by covering my lips in a light layer of my concealer or full coverage foundation, then applying my lip stain and blending it together.

However, I use a higher quality lip color than I see some people use. Like the Etude House tints are garbage and don't last for shit, TonyMoly's TonyTints are pretty nice though. Sometimes I even use a lip lacquer for extra longevity.

>> No.7721329

I have an issue about hair removal on my neck (i'm a girl), my body hair is dark and so it clearly shows on my neck too but i don't know how to remove them because when i pluck them the hair grow again in a day so again plucking. Wax, hair removal cream and razor don't work too, my neck hair grow again the day after. Should i buy a laser removal thing or a epilator? My neck hair are also underskin at times, so gross.

>> No.7721376

>>7718121
You might be allergic to different types of climates.
My brothers is allergic to cold wheather (yes, it exists) and his skin gets like yours in the picture.
I recommend seeing an allergist.

>> No.7721398

>>7721329
Could you take a pic of it? Since it shouldn't be growing back so fast. You might want to see a doctor to get your hormone levels checked out because too dark, too thick body hair on women is a sign for hormone imbalance.

>> No.7721409

>>7721186
I'm not sure about the color range for it, but I really like NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creme. You might be able to find one that's a dupe for the tone you're looking for.

And I haven't tried them myself, but I know that Lush sells Color Supplements that you're supposed to add to moisturizer to create your own tone for tinted moisturizer. Maybe adding a bit into your own foundation will alter the color enough to get a perfect match.

Also, I feel like it's common sense but don't add food coloring to your foundation. One of my friends did this literally last week, adding yellow food coloring to her too-pink foundation. Her face was stained with a yellow cast after she took off her makeup, and it was absolutely hilarious.

>> No.7721477

>>7721409
>using yellow food coloring

Good god I'd never even consider it! But it does sound funny that your friend was stuck yellow for a while. I'll definitely check out the Color supplements when I get my next check, it sounds like a good start.

As far as the Lip Creams go though, they don't agree with my lips. I find them wearing off me after about an hour and all the colors I have (Copenhagen, Cannes, Prague, Milan) apply super patchy and uneven. I really don't like them very much.

>> No.7721483

I have cystic acne and it takes around 1-2 months to go away I used tretinoin but it ddidn't work. I am taking gultathione and collagen supplements which have some how helped with the cystic acne after I stopped using the tretinoin. It's helped but there are still acne left.

My question is does anyone know if apple cider vinegar really does help with cystic acne. I've heard it helps but Im not 100% sure.

>> No.7721689
File: 50 KB, 300x224, jhgfdsxcv.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7721398
In pictures my neck hair don't show clearly or don't show at all, so i uploaded a picture of another girl with similar hair as me.
My body hair in legs or arms isn't that thick and dark btw. Good idea about consulting a doctor for the issue, i think it may be an hormonal imbalance but i did also a abdomen checkup so my ovaries are ok, i think.

>> No.7721693

>>7721689
Different races have different body hair patterns.

It's not always a body hair problem.
You may just be genetically hairier in some places than another race.

There was this girl I went to school with. She was mixed, super hairy.
Normal in every other way.

I'm pretty hairy, too. I even have a thinned out but dark happy trail I have to pluck. Just genetics. My hormones are fine.

>> No.7721781

>>7721693
I have naturally blonde hair and get this annoying fuzz just about everywhere :(
I started epilating just about everything 7 years ago and now it's a lot less... I heard you gradually destroy the follicles and I think it's right
TL;DR Epilate that shit. It will look more natural because the epilator can't take the finest of finest fuzz and it can make the problem less over time

>> No.7721799
File: 456 KB, 683x384, whypastwhy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I am in college and have no friends. I want to make a college debut this year... even if it is a little late.
Did anyone do this? I always see this in my chinese cartoons and as sad as my life is I want to try to stop being awful.
Please help.

>> No.7721803

>>7721689
>>7721781
What about using an electric body hair trimmer? They make them specifically for women now. You have to re-trim every 2-4 weeks, but it's so quick and easy, and works really well.

>> No.7721845

>>7721799
what help do you need? college is a lot bigger so drastic makeovers won't be noticed but people will see that you look neat and put together

>> No.7721880
File: 646 KB, 396x220, tramatickawaii.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7721845
That's what I want. To look neat and put together and maybe lean a lot more towards the feminine side. I am a weeb at heart so I do love things like otome and lolita and the like.
Hmm, what am I even asking for?
Now I am worried I posted this in the wrong thread. I have a basic understanding of makeup and I actually enjoy researching skin care and that sort of thing.

...Nevermind I posted that in the heat of the moment. I should go back to looking at clothing magazines and youtube make up videos or something.

>> No.7722411

How to choose the right lipstick colour ?

A lot of colours look horrible on me. Only ones I've found so far that look OK are slightly orange one (coral).

>> No.7722420
File: 105 KB, 253x260, 1092hfidsagh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7721799
>chinese cartoons

>>7715564
>>7721321
i'm sure all that foundation and bb cream is nutritious to your body. have fun with your gradual cancer.

>> No.7722428

>>7721799
>>7721880

Rule one of college: Never hold back. College is all about fresh starts, and you have to grab that idea and ride it off into the sunset. I was a complete introvert and, freshman year, I decided "fuck it" and organized a freshman movie marathon in my dorms. Had over 30 people show up because nobody knew anybody and wanted something to do. You're not the only shy one, but someone has to reach out to get everyone else's attention, even if it kills you of embarrassment. If it's too awkward for you, roll with it and cry to yourself later, but it will pay off. Check out the anime club on campus, if there is one - they tend to be infinitely more chill than highschool ones. That's where I met all my friends. The trick is, to looking like you glow, is to be in the moment and immerse yourself in everything. No amount of makeup will hide a worried face.

>> No.7722568

>>7722420
>chinese cartoons
How's summer?

>> No.7722580

I'm kind of an idiot on this, I'm not into skincare at all (yet, moneys and shit) so let me ask: does the lightening stuff makes you lighter than you are naturally? or does it just help with discolorations farmer's tans and such and make your skin more even?

>> No.7722620

>>7722580
Bit of both. However sunscreen, oral vit. c and e, and spot applying vit e on pigmented spots is better for scarring and tans. I take 1000mg vit c and 400iu vit e a day. After about a month my new hair growth is really shiny, nails are stronger, and skin is getting brighter. Remember to use whirening serum on your neck too, and stay away from Korean BB creams sinve most of them make you glow under black light and have shitty coverage and uv. Get a full spectrum sunscreen, at least spf50 and pA++++

>> No.7722631

Any makeup advice for looking as young as possible? i've always been able to pull off relatively young/loli characters, but now I'm trying to cosplay a grade schooler, and I don't feel like I could pass for anything younger than middle school. I don't really know much about makeup though, just enough to not make myself look like unkempt shit, so I was wondering if there were any techniques to look younger?

>> No.7722636

>>7722568
this summer we have many many chingchangchong cartoons

>>7722428
>Check out the anime club
Look, I have my own weeb tendencies but the anime clubs are usually or always disgusting, university or high school makes little to no difference. You really have the most extreme neckbeards and weeaboos and you don't want to be associated with them because they are REALLY weird.

>> No.7722644

>>7722636
I've met some in betweens at my anime club. No reason not to go and check things out.

>>7721880
Be sure to put your research to practice! No point in researching if it doesn't come to life

>> No.7722690

>>7721409
maybe it would be best if she added turmeric powder since it is both yellow and used as a skin care thing?
but i think it stains

>> No.7722695

>>7722620
i'm only interest of getting rids of tans and blemishes so could i like, use that stuff and when i get the event skin i want and then stop? and it goes back to normal?

>> No.7722709

>>7722636
My anime club in high school was pretty dedicated to showing obscure things and trying to open new doors for people, so it gathered a pretty nice environment. The two biggest weebs at our school never came back because apparently we weren't 'accepting' enough of their speshul snowflake shit. Sorry we dont' want to run around in cosplay during the school day and don't end every sentence with desu.

Rambling aside, anime club was where I made the majority of my friends that are now in my local convention community, and I never had to deal with really awkward or strange people past week two.

>> No.7722765

Does anyone know a good dupe of Urban Decay's Fix Spray?

You know, a setting spray to keep make-up in place. It costs like thirty euro here and I can't afford to get it any time soon, but at the same time I can't use setting powder or anything else because it'll make my face look cakey.

>> No.7722769

>>7719189
Looking on e-bay now for that miracle brush (sounds promising!), but just to make sure - you only got the brush itself, right? Not the kit itself? I'm seeing a lot of replacement brushes on their own.

>> No.7722970

>>7720984
>coconut oil
How does that work? Do you microwave it every time before use?
>>7722765
I got mine at Sephora fr for €25.50. It's not that much of a difference, but it's something.

>> No.7723320

>>7721803
Absolute not. Terrible idea!
You get stubble and "lines" from where you trim and dont trim

>> No.7723354

Convention at the end of August. Need to get rid of lots of blackhead/really deep clean my pores, as well as some on my chest (sweaty boobs cuz it's summer, wishing I had small breasts)

Looking for something really intensive to take care of this quick but won't damage my skin.
Help.

>> No.7723373
File: 317 KB, 2766x1844, glamglow-supermud-mask-30ml-3-3546-p.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7723354
if you're willing to spend the money, Glamglow if your way to go.

I've also been looking for cheaper alternatives to this if anyone has a recommendation!

>> No.7723381

>>7722620
The key to sunscreen is frequency. You don't need something crazy like spf 90. 40 will do just fine. Just re-apply every couple hours if you're out in the open sun.

>> No.7723385

>>7723354
>>7723373
One user of Glamglow here. Didn't do diddly-shit to me or my black heads. The Body Shop sells a bit cheaper (I think?) alternative, Seaweed Ionic Clay mask that worked a bit better for me. Though mostly it helped with redness and large blemishes.

I used to have really clogged pores and lots of blackheads and I've gone through multiple of different masks and toners and other crap with little to no difference. I noticed that Neutrogena's products have worked best for my skin. I've been using two of their products, the Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub every evening after washing off my makeup and every morning, as well as Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser twice a day as well. I didn't really took time, but to in a week or two my skin started look better (aside from the occasional break outs). On a side note, I love the scent of their products.

Hope you find something that helps, blackheads are a bitch.

>> No.7723436

>>7722636

Confirmed for not getting out much.

>> No.7723443

>>7717473
My mom would tell a 6 year old me that I should get plastic surgery for my face, and started calling me fat daily after I turned 12. I have never been fat, just a little chubby for an asian. She likes to tell me how she would try to pinch my nosebridge when I was a baby so that I would get a better nose, but that apparantly didn't work. Your mom sounds nice anon, she obviously thinks you are beautiful and wants you to feel good about yourself.

>> No.7723482

>>7723443
Wow. I'm so sorry, anon.

>> No.7723932

>>7721693
Well i'm white and ghostly pale so also body hair is clearly visible but nothing super hairy.
>>7721781
I was thinking to get an epilator to get rid quickly of them, hopefully this works!
>>7721803
I used razor so it's the same thing, i get underskin hair easily.

>> No.7723944

>>7723443
Lol ur mum is a piece of shit. Did you kill her?

>> No.7724000

>>7722970
No, don't microwave it! It will melt on your fingers anyway, so there's no need to microwave it.

For some people, coconut oil can be clogging, but other people react just fine to it and use it as a moisturizer. Yes, on their face.

I personally don't use it on my face often, but it's a great eye makeup remover, and I massage a tiny bit on the ends of my hair (amount is about a fingernail scratch) before brushing through. It moisturizes and shines nicely.

>> No.7724060
File: 32 KB, 339x500, 51nEhuAaU8L.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7723443
My mom refused to help me buy a properly sized bra until I was graduating high school because having naturally big breasts meant I was some kind of shameful harlot. Told me I didn't need it, and I didn't own a decent bra until my cousins brought me shopping. She also told me no one would want to marry me because I have scars on my legs and would make fun of me whenever I smiled because my teeth are crooked.

The feels are strong, anon. Children of demeaning Asian mothers unite

>> No.7724673
File: 176 KB, 626x480, clarisonic003_0001-zoomprod.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone here used a clarisonic? I'm iffy on the price and I've heard your skin has a weird "purge" thing it does the first weeks you use it.

>> No.7724716

I have some really obnoxious red skin on my arms. I have Keratosis Pilaris ("chicken skin"), and for the most part the bumps are under control. However, the redness just won't go away! It doesn't really bother me but for cosplay, but I just want to know if anyone else has a similar problem.

How can I get rid of unsightly redness on my skin? Would a toner do anything? A skin lightener?

>> No.7724924

>>7724673
Yeah but your skin looks and feels amazing afterwards. and if you start any acne treatment or new way of washing your face etc it is gonna do that. Get it its awesome!

>> No.7724993

>>7724673
It does but lord your skin becomes so smooth I bought a super cheap one for like 20 dollars on ebay and I love it.

>> No.7724996

>>7724060
Same thing but I retaliated my mum by being prettier than her and having a 8.9/10 boyfriend.

>> No.7725001

>>7724716
Avoid skin lighteners but use soothing gels for faces. I recommend "Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream" or the Clinques redness solution if you have some money.

>> No.7725025

>>7722631
Go with the natural look. Try using browns instead of blacks. Stay light on the eyebrows too. Highlighting is VERY good don't user brozers too much. Use a liquid concealer to cover anything up.

>> No.7725097

>>7722769
Yeah I only got the hand use brush. I was contemplating the fancier electronic ones but didn't want to take the plunge in case I'd b disappointed in it like the other brushes I've tried.

>> No.7725164

>>7717473
I wish I had thunder thighs

>> No.7725200

Any recommendations for dark spots caused by sun? I already religiously wear sun screen and would like current spots to fade.

>> No.7725233

>>7725200
Retinol serums. My mother had terrible sun spots from working outdoors all her childhood in the coconut oil for bronzing era and hers have faded noticeably

>> No.7725253 [DELETED] 

>>7724993
Now I can't choose anymore between tosowoong and clarisonic. Anyone who has tried both?

>> No.7725255

After reading through this thread I can't choose between tosowoong and clarisonic anymore. Anyone who has tried both?

>> No.7725359

>>7725255
I believe the Clarisonic will be more effective if you mean the Tosowoong hand brush vs Clari, but if you mean the Toso 4D cleansing brush then no flippin clue.

Nobody on the internets seem to have compared them yet either.

>> No.7725370

>>7725359
I meant the 4D one. It's €40 on ebay while clarisonic goes for about €200 in stores that cater the brand in my country, so if the tosowoong brush is just as good I'd prefer to get that one.

>> No.7726645

I completely forgot about what a miracle worker Lush's facemasks are. I hadn't bought one for a few months, but my face has been sort of coarse and 'thick' feeling (for lack of a better word) lately. I got some Oatifix today, left it on for twenty minutes about seven hours ago and my skin still feels nice and soft.

Actually, has anyone tried their new bread facemask? I might get that the next time.

>> No.7726672

>>7726645
only facemask I do it clay and it works great for me so I don't change

>> No.7726713

Any lip care routines? I always read about exfoliating your lips but I have no clue where to start. I don't do anything to my lips right now, and they're okay but could use some more moisturizing I guess.

>> No.7726734

>>7726713
if all you need is moisture just try something with vitamin E, see if that helps

otherwise
www.wikihow.com/Exfoliate-Lips

>> No.7726767

>>7717837
yeah but when I'm that old idgaf, I wanna look hot now and accept the wrinkles when I get old. No one actually cares about the beauty of old people.

>> No.7727529
File: 41 KB, 450x450, 1386121579899.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Speaking of aging, what are some good anti-aging products for someone who's 18? Just some simple stuff to prevent as many future wrinkles.

I eat healthily and rarely ever go outside, but people have always said I look older than my real age so I'm paranoid that I'll be one of those people who look wrinkled and haggard in their 20s.

>> No.7727540

>>7727529
>rarely ever go outside
It baffles me how many people think that staying inside is good for you. You need 20 minutes of sunlight a day, and (depending on where you live) air is usually much healthier outside.

>> No.7727542

>>7727540
It's not just because of that sunlight actually, haha. I'm a socially anxious NEET so all I do is stay on the computer indoors.

>> No.7727544

>>7727540
If you're fair skinned and sunning yourself outside in a bathing suit at noon, you only need a few minutes without sunscreen. If you're already tan or of Hispanic origin, you need maybe 15 to 20 minutes. Black skin may require six times the sun exposure to make the same vitamin D levels as a very fair-skinned person, but we need more research on this because the studies that have suggested this have been small.

>> No.7727549

>>7727542
In that case, do you have a backyard you can sit in for a while during the day? I'm in the same situation as you, and catching a bit of sunlight daily definitely makes me feel healthier. Other than that, if you're too anxious to go for a walk through your own neighbourhood (I know I am), maybe you could go to a nearby park or the town center. Personally I prefer somewhat crowded places because there's less of a chance people will look at you.

>> No.7727557

>>7727549
I do have a backyard (which I actually haven't gone to in several years...), so I'll try spending a bit of time there sometimes.

Nice to know that I'm not alone in this, at least. ;_;

>> No.7727594

>>7721781
do you have good recommendations for epilators?

>> No.7727749

>>7727557
There's plenty of socially anxious NEETs on 4chan. Also just try to remember that social anxiety isn't a chronic condition. You'll get out of this anon.
Sage for OT.

>> No.7727775
File: 462 KB, 660x3418, bZIdxDo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7727529
Top anti-aging product is sunscreen. European and Asian sunscreens tend to be higher quality than American sunscreens.

Second, go to the dermatologist and tell them you want to start early on anti-aging. They can prescribe you retinoids. The reason for it, they will literally put down "anti-aging". They may give you a long spiel of how it can effect a developing fetus, so if you're planning to have kids make sure you tell them. If you don't like your dermatologist, you can always look for another dermatologist.

>> No.7727804

>>7727775
I thought retinoids made your skin more susceptible to UV rays which is why they don't recommend them for people under 30.

>> No.7727818

>>7716371
I always put a little highlighting concealer in my cupid's bow to make my upper lip look fuller. I usually buy the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch cause it's cheap and stays on.

If the shadow is really bad you can put a white cream eyeshadow (use one without shimmer) or super light concealer, on the area then blend your foundation over it.

>> No.7727826

>>7718920
http://www.sephora.com/oil-control-mattifier-spf-15-pa-P227801
This primer from Murad controls oil and is cruelty free.

>> No.7727834

>>7727594
Second as I'm interested as well.

>> No.7727836

>>7727826
That's moisturizer, not primer. Anyway, how does it smell? My skin is incredibly oily and this seems promising.

>> No.7727869

>>7724673
I've used mine for five years now and I never experienced a purge. Gentle foaming cleansers work best with it, your face will feel so smooth after.

>> No.7728129

Anything for making teeth whiter? I heard baking soda works, but how?

>> No.7728137
File: 34 KB, 360x640, BuEDhZWIAAAvE-A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So after a long day I barely got my hair colored. I mean it's a nice lavender I like but It took forever for it to actually turn this color. Something about my hair rejecting the color or whatever..

Anyway, Is it easy to dye this over once it fades out? I've heard a bit of buying manic panic dyes and diluting them with conditioner. I'm just afraid of turning my brown hair into a gross color if I use another purple dye over it.

>> No.7728151
File: 684 KB, 1000x662, tumblr_n9863mZfVl1thk5zoo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just wanted to pop in and say one of the best things you can do for your skin (besides you know taking care of it in general) is add some unsweetened green/white tea to your daily diet.

It really helps brighten your complexion and detox. Green and white teas have anti-aging properties which are great for skin.

I know most lolitas probably are more into sugary sweet black teas, which are yummy and have their own health benefits, but unsweetened green and white teas have exceptional health benefits.

>> No.7728161

>>7727804
They do make you more sensitive to UV but that's bullshit about the age thing, half the acne treatments on the market are retinoids (adapalene, retinA, etc) which is why they say use them at night and wear sunblock. Retinol is just another one in the family

>> No.7728182

>>7728129
Whitening strips work

And baking soda works, put some on your toothbrush and brush with it, You'll see for yourself!

>> No.7728183

>>7728129
baking soda works for a lot of things to make white

me I just got those crest strips after my teeth were white I just use sensodyne whitening toothpaste

>> No.7728475

>>7728137
I've done the mixing purple dye with conditioner (I think with MP) for a lavender color but I had to do it like every two weeks because it would fade out and turn greenish but that's probably because my hair was bleached blonde.
For brown hair, it's easier but it still takes the same amount of maintenance to keep that purple tint but at least it didn't have that greenish fade out color like when my hair was blonde. Instead, it usually faded into a burgundy color.

I think when you dilute it with conditioner, it cuts it's color lifespan in half so it takes more maintenance.

My hair stylist recommended me to use the purple john frieda shampoo and conditioner to keep up the color which helped a little.

Just to throw this out there, I recently tried the Revlon Luminista Violet Black hair dye but it quickly washed out (seriously, it lost it's purple tint in two days) so I would recommend that you steer clear of that one if you want lasting color.

>> No.7728576

Off topic but does anyone know any good online (normal) clothing stores? Every time someone recs something to me I read reviews and and it's complaints about being ripped off or problems with shipping and sizes.
I was thinking about orering from ASOS and boohoo, but I'd like to know some cheap ones that aren't fucking chinese
thanks

>> No.7728600

>>7728475
wonderful thank you. It's only the ends and a couple streaks mixed throughout so I don't think the maintenance will be that horrible.

I'll look into that john frieda shampoo too!

>> No.7728904
File: 29 KB, 203x182, 1336890143654.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll post my daily routine
Day
>soaked oats and honey as cleanser
>aloe vera gel fresh out of the leaf
Night
>same

On sundays I use a mask made of tomato juice and sugar.

I want to step up my game and at least wear sunscreen but I have this autistic fear of cosmetics and chemicals.

I have hormonal acne (already taking spiro for that), acne scars and dull skin.

Would you be so kind to recommend me a good sunscreen in spray for oily but sensitive skin, I'm also buying a konjac sponge but can't choose between the green tea, carbon and plain one.

>> No.7728912

>>7728904
Neutrogena Clear Face is a good sunscreen that doesn't make me break out.

And I haven't tried their sunscreen, but CeraVe has one and all their other products are great.

>> No.7728914

>>7728904
Didn't that video of "what not to use on your face" that was posted in one of these threads a while back say never to use tomatoes or sugar on your face? Like the tomatoes are too acidic and the sugar is too abrasive for facial skin.

>> No.7728924

>>7728912
Thanks I'll look into that.

>>7728914
I saw the video, and I stopped using plain tomatoes, I now use a mixture of tomatoes and cucumber juice.
I don't use sugar as a scrub I dissolve it in the mixture and use one of those cotton mask sheets for 10 mins, should I stop doing it?

>> No.7729988

What sunscreen do you guys use? I can't find a good one.

>> No.7730007

>>7723443
don't worry anon, every asian mom and aunt are like that. they don't really care if you look fat or if you don't look fat.

>be me, 14 years old
>grand aunt i've never seen before comes to visit my grand mother
>i hide in my room because shy
>she is in the living room with my grand mother
>i sneak out of my room, prepare tea because manners, serve it to their coffee desk

she didn't even say "hi" or "thanks" - the very first sentence she uttered was "YOU ARE FAT"

ps i was 55kg and she looked like she was 80kg.

>> No.7730063

>>7729988
Neutrogena Clear Skin or some shit. It has SPF 55 and hasn't broken me out ever.

Is sunscreen a seasonal product in your areas too, Anons? I did some serious Retinol and chem peeling in winter and was looking for sun screen for my acne ridden face and all I found was anti aging cream for age 30+ with SPF 15 max. I'm 21 though. Ended up ordering the Neutrogena online but still - wtf.

>> No.7730070

>>7728137
Ask your stylist for Elumen. It can be taken out when you get sick of it, but it will stay vivid up to several months.

>> No.7730073
File: 28 KB, 300x400, clinique-super-city-block-face-protector-en.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7729988
Clinique Super City Block, it's got a slight tint so I use it in place of foundation most days.

>>7730063
Yep. (not the Clinique, which I can get at Sephora, but the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer for my hands & legs) Which reminds me I need to stock up for the winter...

>> No.7730172

>>7728475
When you mentioned about your bleached hair turning green it reminded me of my case. I've mixed demi permanent purple dye with my conditioner to make my blonde hair become more silvery (I hate yellow hair because it only makes my face seem more red) and after few months I noticed that it started to get this greenish tint. This started a cycle where I'd just add more purple dye with the conditioner to get rid of the tint, and during this summer only after few hours under the sun the hair would instantly turn green. So I went to a local salong and asked a hairdresser to salvage my hot mess of a hair and turns out the green hue was caused by metals that my bleached hair had gained. The treatment was very simple, mix ascorbic acid (aka vitamin c) with lukewarm water to get a clear, runny paste-like mixture. The hairdresser added it on my damp hair and wrapped the green parts in aluminum foil and let it affect for 30 mins until she washed it off twice with shampoo. The result was cool blonde with no sight of green anywhere and the hairdresser told me that she used a 20 g pack of ascorbic acid (bought from drug store) that's meant for jams.

I read that other alternatives are adding ketchup/purée and red based dye on your hair but after experimenting I now know that pizza topping doesn't work for me and the red dye would only make my hair turn darker grey in time.

>> No.7730209

>>7728904
How has spiro worked out for you? I've been considering it, I just feel humiliated and like a failure of a woman bc it's the same stuff they give MTFs to treat the same problems.

>> No.7730218

>>7724993
Post a link please!!!!

>> No.7730226

Can anyone recommend me a good liquid or gel black eyeliner? Mine always comes off after a few hours and just looks horrible.

>> No.7730227

where can i buy one of those egg things

>> No.7730230

>>7730226
stupid question but are you putting good primer on your eyelids...?

>> No.7730231

>>7730227
What egg thing?

>> No.7730262

>>7730063
>>7729988
I have 60 spf from just a general sunscreen brand. Banana Boat.

>> No.7730271

>>7730230
i believe so, i use an urban decay primer but i tend to use a very light amount.

>> No.7730274

>>7730262
I think they mean specifically for the face. Though honestly, I use the normal sport sunscreen so I don't sweat it off and powder like there's no tomorrow. It seems to work okay, though I'm really lucky my skin's very tolerant.

>> No.7730426

>>7730226
Etude House Oh M'eye line
>>7730230
Etude House Proof 10

both go for $6 on Ebay

>> No.7730450

>>7730231
You meant the Eos lipgloss? Anywhere. Target check-out. CVS

>> No.7730710

>>7730231
egg pore
amazon??

>> No.7730784

>>7728576
Alexander Wang has nice things.

>> No.7730797

Less makeup-related, but skincare-related.

I have a ton of tiny blackheads that have cropped up on my face over the past couple years. On my nose, cheeks, chin etc. I've tried a bunch of stuff but nothing has gotten them out so far.

I was thinking of going for a treatment, and most blackhead treatments seem to use a chemical peel. How effectively does it actually work?

>> No.7730823

>>7730784
how rich do you think the users of this board are

>> No.7732092

>>7730784
I like Zara.

>> No.7732205
File: 83 KB, 575x543, Too-Faced-Skin-Smoothing-Face-Primers-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any Ausfags here?
I was just wondering where you guys cop your TooFaced Primed and Poreless Smoothing Face Primer from?

I can buy it instore from Mecca or Kit but the price is fairly marked up ($45) and most places online don't ship to Australia. (I did find the skinstore.com but the product is out of stock on their Aust. site, and the shipping cost is $30 on their US one)

>> No.7732246
File: 1.55 MB, 1136x756, clairedanes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Your freindly reminder of what bad makeup and tanning can do.

Clare Danes, everybody!
>2007 - 2013.

>> No.7732691

>>7730226
Urban Decay 24/7. I put mine on in the morning and it'll stay on until I wash it off later that evening.

>> No.7733875
File: 76 KB, 422x750, tumblr_mwy2jrbvtt1qhh6eho1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

does anyone know where I can get this nail color? Reverse images searches getting me nowhere.

>> No.7733953

>>7733875
cuuute
too bad i have manly workin man's hands

>> No.7734641

>>7730823
Idk you girls spend hundreds on dresses and costumes that you wear on very limited occasions, why not the same on casual clothing?