[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 263 KB, 667x241, athon21.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7707052 No.7707052[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

August 8-10
Edmonton, AB

>Interested in the VA ladies attending this year?
>Any events you're looking forward to?
>Are you getting dressed up?
>Have you been before? What are your thoughts on A-thon in general?

>> No.7707261

>>7707052
> not particularly
>Ill go to whatever events is on at the time
> There seems to be a medival fantasy theme going to i went along that route (im hoping my endurance and heat resistance is high enough to survive for hours in armor)
> ive been to A-thon before a few times (as a "ghost") this time i can go full out.
the cosplay guidelines is somewhat restrictive,
not particularly liking the increase in fees,
but perhaps if the weather permits it should be quite enjoyable

>> No.7707712

>>7707261
Armor? Like medieval shit, or series cosplay?

>> No.7707977

>>7707052

Though I think it's still too early for this thread, I'll bite.

>VAs
Little excited since I learned one of them did, or will be doing Sailor Mars.
And the girl who did Stocking will be there

>Events
Sailor Moon meets, and all that shit.

>Getting dressed
Eeyup. Actually built my own costume almost entirely by myself from scratch. Shit's exciting.

>Been before? Thoughts?
Once. Possibly one of the funnest conventions I've been to. Probably cause the friends I went with. And actually meeting, and talking to some new people.

>> No.7709765
File: 57 KB, 356x316, 1354584442358.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7707977
Oh, you're that cross dresser. Yeah, I'm keeping my eye out for you....

>>7707052
Can't say there's a whole lot to look forward to this year. I'll only come on Saturday due to money restrictions, but I hope to see some of the familiar cosplayers there.

>>7707261
I know, fucking ridiculous rules over props and shit. Fucking neckbeard prop guy looked at my shield and thought 8 pounds was too heavy.

>> No.7709886

When are you people going to learn /cgl/ hates Alberta cons?

>> No.7709909

>>7709886
>tfw newfag

How come?

>> No.7710100

>>7707712
both

>> No.7710154

>>7709886
It's okay, we hate them too

>> No.7712348

>>7707977
I'm sorry I didn't get to reply to you in the other thread! Yes I will be there!

>Interested in the VA ladies attending this year?
I really like Monica and Karen. I doubt I'll attend any of the panels though.

>Any events you're looking forward to?
The Sailor Moon one of the new VA's. I also like the 18+ 404s show but it seems to be different this year.

>Are you getting dressed up?
For sure Caitlyn from LoL and hopefully Sailor Neptune. If not just going to rewear Draculaura and Nausicaa.

>Have you been before? What are your thoughts on A-thon in general?
I think this is my fourth year? It was a lot better last year than the previous years. I always have fun even if its just hanging out with friends. I still really wish they would move the vendors to somewhere other than the parkade.

>> No.7714149

>>7709765

Ehehh.. yikes anon. Intimidating.

>>7712348

Well I think I see why. Thaat thread was.... sketchy.

>> No.7715257

>>7707052
I was going, then I realized that 35 bucks just for one signing and seiyuu panel was too much and better spent on dance games. The con is way too young/tumblr for me to be interested in any of the fan panels.

>> No.7715285

>VAs
I want to have Karen record a message for me saying "Good morning" in Aigis's voice.

>Events
Not really. Tumblr and weebs are everywhere and any of the panels are lackluster. I'll probably just

>Cosplay
Might just rewear some stuff because I'll be volunteering. I'm pissed off that they removed the line skip benefit for the volunteers last year. Getting to skip the line to see Troy Baker while others waited for god knows how long felt insanely great.

My experiences in volunteering suck though, those bastards don't even reimburse your damn pass and keep making excuses to not reimburse. I'll still go to see some friends and hang out, but that's about it

>> No.7715287

>>7715285
*just attend the Tehishter performance.
Goddamn

>> No.7718332

Not only am I going, but I'm running some panels, too! However, one of my usual co-panelists can't go and another might have to back out. I might be running mostly solo this time. I'm mildly scared :(

>> No.7719034

>>7718332

Heyo, Man Reimu.

You donig that sort of costume again? I think you should stick with that, or something similara.

>> No.7719055

>>7719034
Sure am. Going to be doing Reimu, Magic Armour Link and... I have no idea what else yet. I was hoping to have a Dio costume made for Animethon but, I'm a faget.

>> No.7719077

>>7719055

Like the singer?

Either way, yaay. I wat to show up to your panel, and judge you mercilisly., What are you doing the panel for??

>> No.7719109

>>7719077
Nope, of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fame.

We're doing a sort of improv, for fun panel. We do them at Sakura-con every year, and we want to do more of them at other cons. Problem is, a lot of my co-panelists have bailed so I'm not sure how it'll work out. There's no topic in particular, just silly fun and games.

>> No.7719142

>>7719109

Oha my glob, yees.
I love Jojo. Never really started watcdhing it, but my friends, and I rove doing jojo poses, and shit now.

And that's neat. I've been tothings like that. Don't want to promise I could help. But I like to think Iknow a bit about improv and could be useful.

>> No.7719167

>>7719142
Oh god, if you like Jojo posing, you're going to have fun at our Variety Hour panel.

>> No.7722175

>>7718332
I am definitely going to both your panels, you'll do fine.

>> No.7722191

Im going but Im not sure I'll be there all three days, there never seems to be enough to do on the thrid day and sometimes even the second. This year is the first year I used a new sewing machine for my cosplay, so it looks better then my past cosplays due to the old sewing machine dying.
(If anyones curious I'll be in a BRIGHT green jumpsuit/kigurumi thing.)

>> No.7724847

>>7707052
ill be heading there, dunno which days but definitely 10th for the rave because i really enjoyed the one last year. anyone have info on the dj spinning this year or if its 18+? want to bring my 17 brother, he is jelly of all the events that he cant go to.

going to try and cosplay mgs3 snake because why the fuck not. first cos and plan on improving it for next time same character... just have to assemble my gear for the next few weeks. gf is going as mako from pacific rim, she was faith from mirrors edge last year.