[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 122 KB, 600x600, sadcgl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7704208 No.7704208[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

/cgl/ what are you sad about?

What rumors are being spread about you?
What are people saying about you behind your back?
What terrible things have others done to you?

The cosplay community can be a bit overwhelming somethings, and what exactly is bringing you down right now?

>> No.7704327

My weight loss is progressing really slowly (I have a lot of health issues that make it challenging) and I feel like I'm never going to fit into the lolita outfits I want to wear.

>> No.7704332

The fact that I'm the happiest I've been in a long time despite a recent fall out, but I still want to self-harm even though I'm happy. It's weird.

>> No.7704343

Im banned from a rather large Con for posting a joke about a celebrity fucking con girls on their facebook wall. They went through my facebook and because of all the heinous shit I joke about on there, tried to report me to the police as a psycho, even though I use a fake name and info on facebook, they recognized me in my photos, asked around, and found me out. Not that it matters, as I haven't done anything illegal, or even libelous by law since what I joked about was true, which is why the celebrity got so pissed about it and brought down the banhammer. It's not a big deal, but stupid enough that I roll my eyes at the entire situation.

>> No.7704344

>>7704332
It's not that weird, actually. It happens a lot.
>mfw hypomanic, cutting in the bath tub and bathing in my blood while laughing maniacally

>> No.7704351

Man years ago, when I was a 13-14 year old weeaboo, I was really irresponsible, would set up cosplay photoshoots with local photographers and then not show up a lot of the times due to forgetfulness or poor planning. I'm a lot more responsible now, but all the photographers in the area now refuse to work with me and I can't get a decent pic of so many of my costumes.

>> No.7704354

>>7704351
Haha that sucks anon.

>> No.7704362
File: 35 KB, 480x600, 1402060820293.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I don't fucking know, I just am

>> No.7704365

I got stung by a bee on the bottom of my foot and I have to close tonight at work which means 7 hours on my feet without a break for ice or anything.

>> No.7704367
File: 93 KB, 400x267, 1653649_stock-photo-sad-japanese-girl[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

2013 I had a shitty job and ended up extremely depressed. Eventually I was laid off. Due to my depression I haven't draw anything since maybe mid 2012? That fact alone has me feeling depressed.

Gained some weight. 140 at 5'5". Been trying to lose weight. Added regular jogging several times a week and kick boxing once a week. I eat better thanks to my SO. He says I am looking better. My stamina is better which is a happy NSV for me. But I recently went to the doctor and haven't lost anything. Now I keep seeing myself as a fat piece of shit.

I haven't cosplayed this year and won't be.

My insurance won't cover the antidepressants I need and had been on for a year. So now I am on a less effective one.

I've been dealing with some medical issues lately. Doctor thought it was a kidney infection and later a stomach virus. Happening again and this time they aren't sure why. I'm so nauseated and in pain all the time.

>> No.7704370

I'm sad about the state of my local community. I used to defend cosplay here on the basis that it wasn't like the competitiveness, vanity and cattiness I'd seen from the American community. We had nothing to compete over, with really shit prizes in our masqs that had no value. Although we had skilled cosplayers and attractive cosplayers, nobody was a "big name."

Nowadays it's all people trying to fasttrack via the Nigri Path to Fame and Fortune. They're obsessed with their fanpages, updating constantly to make sure at least one post makes it to their followers' feeds per day, talking about their "fans," thanking people for every minor milestone in their "like" count, doing giveaways to drive up their numbers, and so on. They suck up to photographers solely for the sake of creating new content for their pages. They're rowdy drunk teenagers broadcasting their babby binge-drinking antics to the world with an unhealthy side of "I HAVE POOR SELF-ESTEEM, NOTICE MEEEE."

Christ, I miss when my community was chill and nobody was such a tryhard. It makes me not want to bother with local cons anymore.

>> No.7704385

>>7704367
You probably just turned fat into muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so that's why you haven't lost any weight.

>> No.7704409

>>7704208
I'm 5'4 and 170lbs
My skin is dry and awful
I've been exercising and eating better, but my meds make me retain a lot of water, and it's been messing up my stomach in general
My dad just got laid off and we were already poor enough (extra hours here I come)
I have to buy all of my clothes from Kohl's, and that's only when they send those promotional "Kohl's Credit Cards", because I'm too poor to afford it on my own
Rest of my clothes are dingy things I find at thrift stores
I'll never be able to get into J fashion like I want to
too fat
too poor

and to top it all off, some shitty high school girl I used to talk to in my senior year was dumb enough to post nudes on tumblr when she's underaged, and when her parents found them she's been blaming me for it, and keeps sending me really pathetic "kill yourself"

>> No.7704411

>>7704385
Yeah, this. My weight has stayed relatively the same since I started working out, but I'm in visibly better shape after about 8 months, so I'm not that concerned with the scale.

>> No.7704418

I'm getting fat.
I've gained 5 pounds since uni got out for the summer because I no longer leave the house unless I absolutely must.
I don't have any excuses about how I'm exercising but it's not working; I am just plain lazy and like rice crackers too much. The heat and my lack of friends in town has only made the situation worse by sapping me of motivation. I already don't fit into some of my smaller dresses that well, so I'll probably be fucked by the time school starts up again.

>> No.7704419

>>7704365
I understand anon. I got a wart cut out of the heel of my foot that was half an inch wide and deep enough where I had to get stitches on friday. It's feeling a lot better now but I had to work the day after at my retail job so I was walking on my tiptoes all day. I also got tetanus shot booster, meningitis vaccine, and got blood drawn yesterday. I just want to go a few days without having to get a shot or something taken out of me.

>> No.7704423

ugh
People are always talking behind my back but right now it's a bullshit ex-friend who decided that guilt tripping me into making shit for free was totally fine, and that I was abusive when I cut them out. Fucking psycho said they have people 'watching' me , saying that cosplay has changed me for the worse and that I'm a backstabbing attention whore fat shamer. Literally I don't know why people are stupid enough to believe it but they've been publicly posting about how shitty I am with no proof for months now and I'm fucking sick of it. Thanks for being a good friend, I guess.
This guy uses people to get free hotel stays, free food, free commissions and materials and labor, and yet THEY are the victim? Haaahaha no. It's just beginning to creep me out how obsessed they are with revenge because I insulted them by getting rid of them. That friendship was emotionally draining, I gained like 20 pounds over the course of half a year, they started alienating me and blaming ME for their shitty life, guilt tripping me into making them shit and then smearing my name to mutual friends when I was done with it. It's so fucking ridiculous.

>> No.7704427

I have gross teeth from back when I was horribly depressed and barely took care of myself. I'm much better now but I envy cosplayers (and just people in general) who can smile with teeth. I'll never be a great cosplayer because of it, unfortunately.

>> No.7704433
File: 489 KB, 500x375, 1389353201370.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>antidepressants for nearly a year
>come off them by accident for a few days (could get to a doctor/pharmacy)
>hey this shouldn't be bad
>literally want to kill myself after three days
>what is this medication supposed to be doing
>will i ever be able to come off it without topping myself
>want to duck out of the local comm for a while but can't because friends and commitments
>no social life until end of August
>metric ton of study/college work to do
>already going mad

I want to start writing a blog again as a distraction and for something fun to do, but I can't even bring myself to do that.

>> No.7704436

>>7704433
*couldn't get to a doctor

>> No.7704443

Just a month ago, I thought my life was great, I had good friends who I really love and things were actually seeming like they were going uphill for once. Then my best friend suddenly got a girlfriend, and now he won't even talk to me anymore. My other friends started hanging out with him and his new girlfriend all the time, and now they never want to see me or invite me to anything. I call or text them often, but they either never reply or just cancel on any plans we make. I'm starting to think they hated me all along, and now that a new, more fun girl is in the picture, they don't need me anymore. I'm lonely as fuck, and haven't seen anyone outside of work for two weeks. I don't even know what to do anymore, I just want my friends back. But I guess they don't like me anymore.

>> No.7704456
File: 2.00 MB, 500x325, tumblr_n7szvsYM1F1r3rdh2o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was so excited to go to my first lolita store I ran in there wearing my driving shoes (shitty sharpied sneakers) and forgot to lock the car.

every Lolita was giving me the stink eye when they looked at my feet.

I was so embarrassed when I noticed.

>> No.7704460

When I was a middle school weeb, I wrote a ton of wacky stories about my online friends. 12 years later, I grew out of that, got some real life friends and developed a better attitude. I found out through a friend that my ex wrote about my cringetastic antics on his blog and said really crappy things about me. I thought we ended on good terms and both agreed that we were pretty stupid back in the day.

I want to cry because this was so long ago and even though i changed for the better, I'm remembered as a crazed teenager.

>> No.7704465

>>7704443
Find new friends cause they sure as shit don't sound like friends to me. Fuck them.

>> No.7704474

>>7704433
If they keep you stable, why don't you want to go back on them?

>> No.7704479

>>7704474
I went back on them, but I guess I'm just worried that I'll be on them forever. I can't complain too much for the time being, they keep me level for the most part and able to function. There are side effects, though, and I often find myself in situations where I should be happy or sad, and I have no emotions at all. Being empty is better than wanting to kill myself, but it's not enjoyable either. I went through a bout of about a month or two earlier this year where I couldn't function on them, couldn't get out of bed, missed a lot of college, but my doctor said it was a side effect and would probably pass over, and to stay on the tabs.

>> No.7704503

>>7704479
Have you tried different kinds?

I was on citalopram for a while and felt nothing. Like you said, "no emotions at all." Sure I wasn't depressed, but couldn't be happy either. Was hard getting out of bed.

I find SNRI's work best for my head. But I had to try different ones until I found one that actually helped.

>> No.7704506

im making a spidey suit with puffpainting
some of the lines are uneven or look weird.
everyone said it looks great still but i know its not perfect. so im sad about that

>> No.7704536

I live with an abusive methhead who steals my money, destroys my things, and constantly yells and belittles me.

oh, and I can't find waterproofing spray fro my parasol.

>> No.7704538

>>7704409
>>7704418
That feel when, former fatbro here. /fit/ really can help in situations like that, (don't listen to the angry moo-cows who have an irrational hatred for /fit/ on this board) It really can help if you find a workout regimen that works for you, even if you can't afford a gym membership, push-ups and sittups are free. Swimming and walking burns carbs and if you can spring 20-40$ you've got a decent set of weights.

2012:6'0 210 (did it late December as an early news years res)
2013:6'0 200lbs
2014:6'0 175

>> No.7704545

>>7704538
>angry moo-cows who have an irrational hatred for /fit/

They don't have an irrational hatred for fit, they have a semi-rational hated for the douchebag /fit/ browsers who take little field trips to /cgl/ because it's a highly female dominated board.

but seriously, this anon has some good workout adivce

>> No.7704559

My landlord terminated my tenancy and I have few months to find a new place. I'm student and a broke one, I have panic attacks and cannot live in dorms though they would be cheap. I guess it would be fine to move away, but this is my home. It's not just my stuff, it's the memories. It's the things I wanted to do to this place, stuff I wanted to try, sunbathing or growing flowers, shit like that. I understand his reasoning and he's in his right to terminate the contract, but it feels like a part of me is being ripped out.

>> No.7704583

>>7704559
Damn anon, is there any way you can come up w/the money? Would you be comfortable doing illegal/semi-illegal things? I remember housesitting for my uncle while he was gone and taking his Honda CBR-600 out to a local bridge out in the boonies late Friday/Saturday nights and making ~400$ a night on a good night. The only problem being cops staking out once and a while or the drunks swerving across 3 lanes of traffic while you're coming at him at 140+mph

>> No.7704597

I've been feeling distant from some of my friends because we have an ex-friend in common
She unfriended me over a variety of reasons but mostly because she kept posting the cosplay I sewed for her and not crediting me as the seamstress

"Wah wah she's elitist and a bitch"

It's okay though. There's only so much she can make anymore since she can't sew.

>> No.7704604

>>7704411
I was around 92-94 lbs at 5'2 until this summer when I started fast-walking 3 miles every day with my mum, now I'm 96-97. I guess it's still underweight, but it feels weird to be back at the weight I was before I cut back on food when I'm not eating that much more.

>> No.7704607

>>7704604
You're just fitter now, it's okay. Try not to focus too much on the number. It says nothing about body composition.

>> No.7704616

>>7704411
Same happened with me. I'm 5' 3" and was skinnyfat when I started working out, a few months later and a pants size less my weight had barely changed but people would tell me that I looked much more athletic. I did lose a few pounds from cycling this year though.

>> No.7704623

>>7704343
Was it Vic McNignog?

>> No.7704634

im too fat and i really have zero motivation to fix it. most people say things like "you should do it for your health!" but if i gave a fuck about that i wouldnt be downing cheeseburgers every day. i think it's more of a bummer that i dont give a fuck rather than being fat

>> No.7704635

>my cosplay friends are the only people i really consider friends irl
>all of my cosplay friends getting new friends
>no longer being invited to events, everyone shares cosplays and such with one-another
>seems like those friends are avoiding me now
>they're getting pretty well-known in the local cosplay scene
>my cosplays are nothing special which i was fine with up until now
>also too much of a socially inept fuck to make new friends irl without talking to them beforehand on some social site like tumblr or something

rest in fucking pieces me

>> No.7704641

Lol all the fat people
GL on bettering yourselves tho, getting fit is much better and it's worth it.

>> No.7704643

My job is shit but it pays too well to quit. At the moment it's helping fund my retail therapy (aka stress shopping).

>> No.7704715
File: 788 KB, 490x276, 1403803071974.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7704641
>tfw eating a cheeseburger, weigh 125, 5'4 and reading these posts

>> No.7704721

>have the biggest desire to work on a cosplay or some other crafty thing
>$16.60 in bank account

>> No.7704725

>>7704715
ok

>> No.7704726

>Shit job, where my manager keeps reducing my hours without giving a fuck.
>School not working out at all, I feel like a huge failure
>Can't find treatment for my depression that I can afford.
>Really like this guy but I need to cut him out of my life, but don't have the balls to do so.
>Cosplay plans not working out.
>Nothing is working out right now.

>> No.7704732
File: 70 KB, 600x400, 1403908058456.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7704715
>tfw eating ben & jerry's, 5'5, 104 pounds

>> No.7704741

>>7704715
I'll never be able to cosplay the character I want to because of how often my skin breaks out.

And it's totally and completely my fault because I can't quit red meats and carbonated/sugary drinks.

Or to drink water religiously at home.

Also because I'm a retard that can't into make-up.

At least I can survive masked/helmeted cosplay in hot weather...

>> No.7704744

>>7704741
try quitting dairy. that shit is bad for your skin.

>> No.7704745

>>7704741
aaaa I didn't mean to quote this.

Adding more to the failure heap I suppose.

And now I want a burger, fuck.

at least I'm underweight..

>> No.7704751

I found out recently that there's been an article from years ago up alleging that my sister and I may have played some part in a school shooting where they grossly misquote us and a lot of the article is completely made up. They've been literally slandering us for years and I just found out a couple days ago.

>> No.7704770
File: 332 KB, 300x169, annoyed_ignore.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7704715
>mfw kids think they will have the same metabolism forever and brag about eating shit food.

>> No.7704771

>>7704538
It's not lack of knowledge about how to get/be fit, it's lack of motivation.
I used to be a long distance runner and competitive swimmer, but I really have no desire to do anything besides sit around anymore.
>tfw seasonal depression in the winter from lack of sun and regular depression in the summer due to hikikomori lifestyle

>> No.7704778

>>7704715
and then you hit your late 20s, your metabolism nosedives, and you suffer because you never fixed your eating habits. gg

>> No.7704809

>>7704770
>>7704778
not that first anon but nah i usually eat very healthy
i'm really just bragging because i'm comfortable with my weight for the first time in forever

>> No.7704811

>>7704771
Find a running partner?

I found it really hard to scrimp even though I really didn't have the motivation to do it when I though about standing my partner up.

>> No.7704826

>>7704635
I'm actually in the same boat, I feel you.

I always just feel like I'm not a good enough friend or good enough person to people, people get tired of me and no longer want to be my friend, etc, and it kinda bites. It bites to go to cons alone and just watch people be together as friends and in groups while I'm all lonely and miserable about it.

>> No.7704830

I am sad because losing a little weight and gaining muscle changed my body shape so much that my dream dress no longer fits. Do I work on losing my muscle now, or hope and pray that losing more weight will affect how the bodice fits? It zips, but it's tight.
5'8" 180
I am also sad because some little asswipes on /d/ have been slandering me for having the gall post my art on another site, have someone else post it to /d/, they call it trash and say I'm not good at illustrating, and then bitch when I ask how I might go about getting better or fixing my mistakes. Um?

>> No.7704833

>>7704778
How should one fix their eating habits? With my metabolism I can eat whatever it is I want and I've still been at the same weight for years.

I'd want to say it's good, because I didn't have to care about what it is I ate, but it's also not good because I know this is going to horrible backfire one day. Should I just start getting used to eating right as soon as I can?

>> No.7704839

>>7704826
Holy shit
I am totally going through this right now. I understands friends come and go but some of these people, I've known for 5-7 years.

>> No.7704856

>>7704833
For me I just slowly started shifting my diet to something healthier.

I started cutting back on soda and fast food and eventually got away from it all together. In the mean time I made an effort to actually prepare meals more often and turn toward healthier options. If I found something healthy that I really enjoyed...I started using that as a treat for myself.

I did a slow progress. Say, "Every Sunday I will make a healthy meal for myself, only have soda three times a week, and fast food maybe once every other week." Once it became a habit I would change a few more things.

>> No.7704858

>>7704833
>Should I just start getting used to eating right as soon as I can?

Yes, lest you end up dealing with the other downsides of eating poorly (vitamin deficiencies, blood pressure issues, cholesterol, etc.). You won't be able to eat like that when you're 30, 40, 50, 60. Take care of your body. Even if you don't put weight on now, you should still be conscious of what you're putting in your body.

>> No.7704862

>>7704327
Just keep going anon!! Weight loss takes a long time but as slow as your moving you're still moving, you know?

>> No.7704873

>>7704208
I hate it when people trash talk about me while they're within earshot. I would care alot less if you did it further away so i didn't hear it. I have alot of trust issues with people. I tend to hold grudges. There was incest in my family and my own mother never believed any of us. I just have a hard time coping with people and handling things. I feel better when i'm alone sometimes. my mom calls me cosplaying "weird" so i can't even share photos with her at all. She gets upset that i won't show her but then when i do, she judges me on it.

>> No.7704874

It's telling that /cgl/ alone of all boards has threads like these

>> No.7704876

I keep eating a lot and i feel bad after I eat but I just want more shit. That is why I am sad.

>> No.7704883

>>7704874
It's basically a feels thread.

>> No.7704887

My bf caught me being on omegle and he's really mad at me.

I was just wearing a low cut tank top..

>> No.7704899

>>7704741
Try to wean yourself off the sugar of soda, either by switching to diet versions, or make schorle at home.

To make schorle, mix fruit juice with an equal amount of unflavored sparkling water (you can find this as selzter water or club soda in the soda section of the grocery store). If it's not sweety enough, add more fruit juice.

Yes, fruit juice is also sugar, but you'll be drinking less sugar if you stretch it out with plain sparkling water. (Also, you can make a virgin mimosa with this recipe if you use orange juice as your fruit flavor base.)

>> No.7704919

I'm scared that a lot of the cosplayers in my comm don't like me because of the fact that I have a bad history with one of the popular cosplayers in the comm and they're all friends with her..

>> No.7704922

>>7704874
Have you ever been to /r9k/?

>> No.7704927

>>7704899
Not that other anon but I have the same issues with soda, especially now that I'm living at home for the summer months. My mom buys cases of soda for the other family members and the temptation is hard to beat. When I'm away from home its fine because I don't want to spend money on soda.

>> No.7704936

>>7704887
I'm always worried about this, and then I tell myself I'll never go on Omegle again.

I hate myself.

>> No.7704941

>tfw gaine weight
>tfw terrified of driving
>tfw getting older
>tfw no bf

>> No.7704950

>>7704545
We all know you're mirin'

>> No.7704952

>>7704887
Why do you even go on Omegle
Why does your boyfriend even care
Maybe it was a hot day?

>> No.7704956
File: 33 KB, 147x151, 3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm dating a formerly(?) gay man, after being off and on twice, and I'm constantly afraid that he's going to change his mind again and leave me for good.

>> No.7704961
File: 104 KB, 960x720, 10369860_490788434385779_4999462129887399700_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

because this stupid fucking cosplayer is amazing and is gorgeous but she has a bf and i just want her to be my waifu. she's stupidly kind to other cosplayers even beginners (like me) and im bummed i can't be with her...she's on the right, it's the only pic i could muster the courage to take all con.

>> No.7704969

>>7704961
your beta is showing

>> No.7704971

>>7704956
Conversion therapy doesn't work and unless he was bisexual to start with, you'd better give up.

>> No.7704975

>>7704961
>she

>> No.7704981

>>7704961

Are you sure you haven't fallen for a trap, dude? That jaw line ...

>> No.7704988

>>7704961
Girl on the right's expression is so fucking stupid

>> No.7704992
File: 1.13 MB, 808x987, 3215898451547.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7704975
>>7704981
not op, but do you guys know the character? She's Mary Read from Asscreed Black Flag. Bitch was a crossdressing pirate that passed for a dude which the second chick on the right is trying. Fucking hella strong jawline on dis bitch, anon's wifu did a damn good job

>> No.7705003

>>7704975
>>7704981
>>7704988
OP here, she is definitely a she...found out we were in the same hotel cause i saw her at the pool....unless shes got fake albeit small tits and an ass implant of a runner im positive shes a lady....

>>7704992
thanks for this, her face is a little long but i think she's the best mary i have ever seen

>> No.7705005

>>7704956
He's using you

>> No.7705006

Favorite cat died
Can tell a few more of gma's cats will die soonish

I'm afraid to fall in love with another cat because they might die.

Also, I'm fat and will probably never cosplay comfortably.

>> No.7705010
File: 9 KB, 259x194, Spongebob That didn't help at all.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7704971
>>7705005

I don't know what I expected. OTL

>> No.7705022

I met this girl and she's super cool. We became really good friends, and eventually best friends but I feel like she doesn't even want to be my friend. Anytime we plan to hang out, she always ends up in a situation where she has to cancel, or reschedule. We were supposed to go to a con together, and she said she took work off too, and then suddenly cancels because "i need the money and really need to study to get good grades and a higher chance of going into nursing"
as the con is approaching, she ends up being able to go, but i can't.
She even took the weekend after the con off (this upcoming weekend actually) to come for a sleepover, and then she canceled because her tests got moved so she had to study hard. What's worse, my birthday was yesterday and we were supposed to celebrate my birthday on the weekend together.
>tfw she says she needs to save her money so she can't do any cosplay with me or go to cons for a while
>tfw she just uploaded an album on facebook showing off all of her new anime figures
and when I ask about it, she just says she's been finding them super cheap online, but even still shouldn't she be actually saving money, unless she's BSing me?

>> No.7705026

>>7704952
>>7704936
>>7704887
There are too many 14 year olds and old men whipping their dicks out on omegle now. A year or so ago I thought about going on in lolita (a meet up had been cancelled), but I figured it would probably find its way back to /cgl/ somehow.
>tfw you met one of your best friends and only internet turned irl friend on omegle

>> No.7705043

>>7705026
Agreed, there are too many underaged users of Omegle.
But I did meet my boyfriend there in 2009.

It's just addictive and invariably disappointing. Still like it sometimes.

>> No.7705047

>>7705010

>go to gay bar because they're the only ones that are cheap and close
>convince a lesbian that I'm gay
>convince her to have sex with me ironically

D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

>> No.7705065

>>7705010
Well, some kids legitimately don't know what they want.
But yeah it's really rare for a gay person to become bisexual. I wouldn't get too emotinally invested.

>> No.7705069

>>7704941
>terrified of driving?
What do you drive OP? What specifically scares you about driving? How long have you been driving? I never had a problem driving until I bought my new toyota tundra (a big ass truck for you nongearheads) and I always was scared as fuck I was either gonna hit something on my right side or I wouldn't see stuff in my mirrors. I practiced finding my right side by using a fallen tree branch and I'd practice passing it on the right to see how far I'd get before hitting it and apply that general principle to the road. Or like when I drove my first manual transmission ('06 mustang gt, clutch was especially sticky) or rode my first motorcycle (Suzuki gsxr-100, NOT a learner bike for sure) I'd always stall when releasing or shift to early, I'd practice shifting and watching my RPMs and gradually got better

sorry for my aspie gearhead rant, I just want to help make our roads a safer place. If you're really having trouble, make a thread on /o/, they'll surely give you some good pointers

>> No.7705077

>>7705043
Yeah, I met my friend on 9/11/10. Omegle was one of the only place that I could go to avoid people "mourning" 9/11 (because Amurrica). Little did I know that a bunch of btards had decided to spam omegle with the wingding twin towers thing. My soon to be friend just decided not to do it in our conversation, we talked for like 2 hours and got on really well, and just as I was about to tell him my name, our chat imploded. Luckily he'd already given me his, so I creeped on facebook, found him, and we've been good friends ever since.
I even made it over to see him at a con.

My sad feel from this story is that he's perfect boyfriend material and we both have feelings for one another, but he lives across the Atlantic.

Sage for not entirely cosplay related

>> No.7705080
File: 380 KB, 600x450, 1360672976449.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7704208
my weight loss has been 100% halted

ever since i was a kid I always had bowel issues and severe constipation. As time has passed, it has gone from bad to extreme. I hate to be gross but, a little explanation of how bad it is. I sat in the bathroom for 2 hours screaming in pain, in tears, and about to puke from the pain. The stool is so rock hard it pushes against the vaginal wall and puts pressure on my IUD and causes me to bleed. I've eaten a billion types of grains, fibers, my diet is perfect, I drink over 4 liters of water a day, i exercise, but nothing. Nothing is changing. Laxatives don't take effect for days and now I just started a ridiculous stool softener regimen.

I saw a doctor and he put me on some medication to get me by until I have a colonoscopy within the next few months (i'm not a resident of the country I'm in so I can't afford it until my medicare gets put through with my bridging visa.) I had to stop exercising altogether because I'm in so much pain. The pain from the stool being impacted puts pressure on my lower back and tailbone which makes sitting, running, walking, and even lying on my back extremely painful. I'm just thankful that even though I'm not a resident, the doctor visits are fairly cheap (about $80.)

I'm hoping this stool softener regimen will alleviate some of the pain because this is getting ridiculous.

>> No.7705085

>>7705069
I actually appreciate your good intentions, anon.
I drive a Sentra, and it's been a year since I got my license. I'm not so worried about driving for driving's sake, but rather for how other people act in traffic. Every time someone does something wrong/unexpected, I don't know how to react, and I'm afraid I won't react in time the next time. Last time I was driving a few weeks ago, I was going to change my lane and then got surprised by a motorcycle coming in between the lanes, and I don't even know we didn't crash. But it freaked me out so badly, I had to pull over and ask a friend to come pick me up, because I could drive again. This was one the biggest things, but smaller things, like people who will turn right but are on the very left, who don't signal properly when they'll turn, who come behind me really fast and all, it all makes me feel very insecure. I don't think /o/ can actually help me with this, but do you think I should start a thread there?

>> No.7705086
File: 9 KB, 240x145, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7705080
>tfw I was eating animals crackers before/while I was reading this post

>> No.7705090

>>7705080
Go to the doctor; it sounds like you have IBS. I have it, and it's honestly hell sometimes, but if you try things out, you can usually find things that help you through rough patches (different drugs, hot water, certain foods, etc.). I'm sorry, anon, I know that pain, and it's awful when you have a flare up around a planned event like a con or meet up (or, god forbid, on workday).

>> No.7705101

>>7705085
You'd be surprised at how helpful /o/ can be. As a veteran motorcyclist I can assure you not all motorcyclists are like that and the one you're reffering to is almost assuredly what we riders call a "squid" or somebody who doesn't know what their doing. Don't dwell on it too much because if he doesn't change his tune about pulling that shit he'll be road jerky before you can snap your fingers. And as for assholes turning quickly or not using their turn signal it's all brake brake brake, youve got to try and anticipate their moves and if you can't just be as liberal with the brakes as possible because too much brake is ALWAYS better than not enough. And if you do start to feel panicky just try to calm yourself down, turn the music off, roll the windows up, whatever, just breathe in and out and remind yourself "I'm ok, I'm capable of doing this, I can do it" in a repeated fashion and and assured tone. The sentra is a good, reliable car (4cyl or 6, doesn't really matter just curious of what 4chan browsers drive, saw a dude on /b/ with a time stamped lambo) and has some of the best brakes a midsized Japanese Econ-sedan can have so USE THEM!!!

But seriously, you won't ever know if you don't try, make the thread on /o/

Any other car/motorcycle questions you guys wana ask here without having to go to /o/

>> No.7705104

>>7705090
>this entire horrific post about screaming pain and vaginal bleeding because of diamond poop
>dealing with this for basically their whole life
>mentions going to a doctor
>"go to the doctor you might have a common condition"

>> No.7705105

>Have a sinus headache.
>Can either be sedated to the point of falling asleep
>or in excruciating pain.
>Pick only one.

>> No.7705120

>>7705080
Hope they get you sorted out, anon. Whatever the results of your scope are. Just be aware that they're going to purge you fully beforehand with laxatives, and that it's probably going to be painful as fuck.

Get medicated/sensitive skin adult wipes when you're about to start taking the solution, because you're going to loathe normal toiletpaper for a few days.

>> No.7705131

>>7705104
The severity of IBS varies pretty drastically, and I had really similar, terrible problems before I was properly diagnosed and met with a proper specialist about my issues. My family doctor just kept telling me the same bs about diet, occasional laxatives, and exercise. Sorry for trying to actually help.

Sage because fuck you

>> No.7705133

>>7705131
Anon was annoyed that you don't appear to have read the post, friend. The OP said they've been to the doctor and plan to have a colonoscopy done.

>> No.7705138

Only semi-/cgl/ related, but I was in lolita so I guess it counts.

>wearing sailor lolita in the city, cute as fuck
>one lady offers me a sample of hand lotion and gives me lots of compliments
>"oh anon you're so adorable, come here into the store, I'll give you more samples"
>don't want to be rude and she seems nice so go in
>she sits me down and starts rubbing $200 hand lotion into my skin
>keeps going on and on about how nice I look, says she's the owner of the store and looking for models/promoters
>"anon, I really like you, so if you buy this cream and promise you'll tell all your friends about my products, I'll give you all these other serums and stuff free"
>I'm aware she's trying to make a sale, but for some reason I honestly believe she actually likes me and is giving me a good deal
>buy the lotion and get the stuff
>immediately get pressured to try more things
>realize what's going on, leave
>but already bought stuff and no returns

tl;dr got pressured into buying $200 of face creams/gels/lotions because I'm a gullible fuck. I'll probably sell them on Ebay to try and make some of my money back, but I feel so stupid.

>> No.7705139

>>7704433
You're not allowed kill yourself, anon.

>> No.7705141
File: 36 KB, 250x196, 1404736137259.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>can't sleep because whenever I lie down my nose plugs up and I can't breathe
>nosebleeds every summer
>Owen Wilson nose because I was a retard who fell on her face a lot as a kid
>want a nosejob or something so bad but it's 2000€ and I'm poor
>if I get a nosejob people will call me vapid and shallow
>I live in Limerick
what's not to be sad about

>> No.7705144
File: 34 KB, 500x281, Megara you'd think a girl would learn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7705065
I'm trying not to but I'm sort of head over heels...

>> No.7705145

>>7705090
I was wondering for a long time if it was IBS but I don't think that's the case as it's been disproven a few times before. It may be the case now but I dunno :( if that's the case I'll be at least relieved to know what it is.

>>7705086
sorry anon i know it's gross :(

>>7705104
>diamond poop
i laughed i won't lie

>>7705120
yeah I've got sensitive skin baby wipes right now. (TMI ALERT) I got them because the stools shred my bum so badly that toilet paper feels like sandpaper. I have these tiny almost cut-like incisions around my anus because it's like pooping glass and rocks. Thanks for the heads up, though.

>>7705131
When i go back in (for a different reason) i'll mention this again and see what they say. I do still have to get a colonoscopy done regardless

>tfw only 23
>my mom is 60 and just had her first

godddd

>> No.7705148

>>7705133
A doctor in a foreign country with a colonoscopy in "a few months." There is more that the doctor can do for anon than give them stool softeners, and I suggest that they go see another doctor if possible.

>> No.7705150

>>7705138
it happens, anon. I generally just try to avoid hecklers. I live in a major city and they're fucking EVERYWHERE. I was with my bf tuesday to fill out some paperwork and we walked past some. A girl walked up to him and was like omg your beard is so cool etc etc and made really dumb conversation over a beard and we kept walking and never stopped, but she kept going on and on and on and eventually i told her we weren't interested. The best part is she kept following us trying to get us to stop.

I get that a job is a job, but if your job is to be an annoying pain in the ass, at least take a signal or listen when someone says no thank you.

I hope you make back at least some of what you spent!

>> No.7705152

>>7705145
Don't get too worried about it, anon. I'm not even 30 and I've had multiple done since I was 20. The first was to confirm a suspected Crohn's diagnosis, the others to check up on how things were going after subsequent flares. They thought I had rectal cancer at 25 on top of Crohn's disease (I had polyps show up in one of the scopes) and scared the pants off me until the biopsy results were back.

Just curious, since you mentioned a bridging visa, but what country have you moved from and which did you move into?

>> No.7705155

I'm down because I'm super behind on both my big Otakon cosplay and the grant writing I'm supposed to be working on that's due around the same time as Otakon. Gonna start going to coffeeshops to pound this stupid grant out, but ugh.

>> No.7705158

>>7705145
I'm so sorry anon, I hope you get better
On the bright side, now you showed me that I should appreciate my feather-soft orgasmic shits, and for that I thank you

>> No.7705159

>>7705148
Yes. A few months because anon said they're putting it off until their visa clears and they have government funded medical. Seeing a different doctor won't change the prognosis if anon is waiting until they can afford the procedure. If stool softeners and diet, exercise, etc. aren't helping, the next step is to go looking for what's wrong. That means either blood work (which isn't definitive) or endoscopic procedures.

>> No.7705160

>>7705148
I know it sounds sketchy but it's not! I'm not in a third world country or in some backwards country. I'm actually in Brisbane, Australia! He only gave me the stool softeners right now as laxatives weren't helping and I am not on any form of medicare for expensive medication. The colonoscopy in a few months was my decision due to no insurance/medicare (though medicare is in the process after my bridging visa is given to me.) I chose a few months as by the time the appointment can be made, i'll have the medicare card and maybe some different bowel results.

>>7705152
I went from the US to Aus!

>> No.7705161

>>7705145
Have you tried changing your vitamin regimen? Taking extra vit C can help sometimes and is totally harmless. Magnesium can also ease constipation issues. Also, look into colonic massage (it might hurt like hell at first, but it's helped me). I also drink 16oz of hot tea or hot water with lemon first thing in the morning, which helps to keep things moving.
If a doctor has told you you didn't have IBS before (though honestly I wonder how they came to this conclusion given your symptoms, when there's no hard yes/no diagnosis for it), then you might not, but looking into treatments for it might still help.

>> No.7705163

>into hobbies that are male dominated
>really hard to find people who share them
>when I do it always starts great, but after they find out I have a boyfriend I suddenly become low priority and they barely talk to me anymore
>always the same thing

>> No.7705169
File: 193 KB, 450x413, 1390011454752 (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm sick of being the fatter friend. I'm a girl and my two best friends happen to be guys who are both very underweight naturally. Right now I'm 5'6" and weigh close to 150, with no muscle so it's all lard. I've come a long way (used to be 180 senior year) but I've hit a major plateau.

Friend #1 brags about how skinny he is at least twice every time I see him. He keeps looking down and feeling his waist, saying stuff like "I'm soooo fucking skinny omg I was blessed to have a fast metabolism and a body like this!!1 Aren't I so skinny??" I don't think he realizes it, but I actually die a little inside every time he says it. Oh, and the Friend #2 told me twice that I'm fat compared to him, and actually called me "fatass" the other day when we got in an argument. I'm too socially retarded to make other friends, so I'm pretty much stuck with them.

I'm optimistic though. This week I signed up at Gold's Gym and I'm going to meet with a trainer twice a week. We'll see how that goes.

>> No.7705173

>Ask cute girl to be gf
>Fellow loli, very thin and pretty and adorable
>She says yes
>Tears of joy
>Suddenly she stops talking to me for days
>No texts, nothing
>Try to get her to talk, won't reply
>"I love you, and I love the idea of being with you, but I'm not ready for a defined relationship. I can't handle the term 'dating', but maybe someday I'll get over this to be with you"

I respect her decision and I hope we can still be friends... but damn it hurts.

>> No.7705174

>>7705169
Do Starting Strength

>> No.7705177

>>7704538
But the thing is it's my meds
I'm working out, and exercising just fine
eating healthy too
but we're still messing around with my dosage, and it's fucking with my body

>> No.7705178

>>7705169
Lol #1 sounds like he's trolling you

>> No.7705182

>>7705138
Is this pasta? Because I am pretty sure I have read this exact story.
I mean no offense. Honestly asking.

>> No.7705185
File: 43 KB, 500x347, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7705163
>have your boyfriend do them with you
>if we won't do them with you dump his faggot ass and date people with the same common interests as you

It's as simple as that, really

>> No.7705189

>>7705185
I can't force him to do things he doesn't want to, his interests are all very normalfag. It wouldn't be fun anyway.

>> No.7705191

>>7705189
Then you two don't seem to be a good fit, dump him and find someone with common interests who will arguably make you happier.

Or is it about looks?

>> No.7705194

>>7705160
I've done the same. And as much as Australians complain about wait times, I've got to say that the difference in care I've received here, compared to the US, has been dramatic. Especially hospital care.

In the US, the first time I went to the ER, I was told that it was dehydration and anxiety, to drink more water, and was sent home after a few hours. Two weeks later, I had bills coming out my ears to the tune of $5k for an ambulance ride, a cup of juice, two bags of saline, and inconclusive blood tests.

Here, I've been to hospital twice for a minimum of three days, had blood drawn and tested daily, as well as an emergency colonoscopy, and the only charge I've received was a $500 bill for the anaesthetist. I actually have a laugh with new doctors when they ask about the differences in care between the two countries.

>> No.7705197

>>7705191
I'm happy with him. And it's not about looks, it's about personality.

Dating is different from friendship, I like being friends with the guys I shared interests with but I wouldn't want to date them.

>> No.7705201

>>7705169
>tfw 5'1" 180lbs
fuck.

>> No.7705205

Half of my con friends quit going and the other half quit cosplaying. I'm a responsible adult, so finding time to make costumes is difficult, then it's just so sad as I'm the only person getting in costume in the hotel room anymore. I miss doing skits so goddamn much.

>> No.7705207

>>7705194
Oh yay you know what it's like then! US healthcare is so laughably bad, i don't know how anyone defends that shit (the wealthy and those with health insurance need not apply.) The care I have received out here has been phenomenal. They're so kind, caring, and have guided me through any questions or concerns I have. I had a really terrible kidney infection and it only ran me $75 for the doctor visit and about $10 in medication. I'm so excited to stay here and be in a real country with real healthcare. Aaaa. I'm scared of the colonoscopy but I can put aside my fear if it means I can find out what the hell is wrong with me

>> No.7705208

>>7705197
Please, elaborate the thing about personality

Inb4 fedora, I dated a cheerleader I met in HS for about two years before I realized she was a shelless bimbo who if it wasn't for the blonde hair and tits, I wouldn't want to touch with a 30 foot pole, considering how she always whined about daddy's money, her BMW, some bitchy girl at the country club gym etc. before I wisened up and dated somebody who I had common intrests with and to hell with looks for the most part (I care about hygeine more than looks, aside from landwhales, if you honestly care that little about your health and well being I don't want to be anywhere near you let alone date you, yet reasonably curvy I will accept however)

And two years later, I'm a happier man because of it

>> No.7705211

>>7705207
It's not bad. I promise. The worst part is the prep, and after months of being blocked up, you'll probably find that to be a relief! The actual procedure, they use what I've heard called "twilight level" sedation. Basically, you're out, but not so far gone that you get sick after the fact. Technically, they don't have to sedate you at all for the procedure (a few hospitals don't), but it's less stressful that way.

>> No.7705216

>>7705208
I like men who are traditionally manly, extroverted men full of confidence and dominant. I'm pretty shy and introverted myself so it works out well.

The guys who share my hobbies usually don't have those qualities I like. They often have problems with shyness, inexperience with dating, problems with taking the lead, and other issues. I can be their friends, but I'm not sexually attracted to them.

>> No.7705220

>>7704583
Explain? What's the illegal thing you're doing

>> No.7705223

>>7705220
Prostitution, I bet

>> No.7705226

>>7705216
Now I'm really curious on what all your hobbies are

>> No.7705231

>>7705226
Just the usual weeb stuff, learning Japanese and other aspects of japanese culture.

The problem is that the only guys I find who actually care about them on a non-casual level fit the type I described.

>> No.7705257
File: 2.41 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7705220
>>7705223
Lel, illegal street racing. Tons of us guys meet at a gas station near a ~10 mile bridge and we usually race according to class mostly (ie:hatchbacks, muscle cars, trucks, tuners, bikes) but if you wana race something considered "faster" than your car you can but not slower (ie: a corvette can't race against a bunch of dudes in riced out Hondas) and everybody pays an entrance fee (anywhere from 10-100$)and winner takes the whole pot. I've won substantial ammounts of money in my tundra (pic related)racing against other trucks and when I have my uncles bike I will enter into bike races with that as well

I also buy booze and cigs for my underage cousin to distribute amongst his friends and I let him keep a cut of the money

Inb4 "2fast2furious4me" if anybody anything remotely close to that shit they'd either get killed or get booted from the races

>> No.7705260

>>7705173
Awh, that's sad. I hope things get better Anon.

>tfw you have a crush on a fellow lolita too.

>> No.7705267

>>7705231
What if you were to, say, meet a man who not only has the same interests as you buy is also confident and manly

Would it mean the boot for your current bf?

>> No.7705273

>>7705267
Who knows what would happen.

>> No.7705278
File: 60 KB, 600x450, 1393576374963.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw medical things happening so I won't be able to do a lot of out of the house things for at least a month or two
Right when con season's starting, too.

>> No.7705282

Graduated college in May and despite my looking I can't find shit. I'm so tired of waking up every day to nothing, to the job search, I can't find ambition to do anything at all.

To make it worse, I'm living at home- my grandma doesn't live with us, but she comes by every day. And every day for the last week, she comes over and tells me that I don't do shit and I'm useless. I made a flan and she told me why bother, you're a shitty cook and it'll never be good. Then when I told her she was being overly negative she said "Well at least I can get a job."
Today my father and I were disagreeing on how to arrange some decor in our living room-mild conversation, he wanted me to put up some hooks and hang things, and I was saying that I think we should put them here not there- just normal conversation. He said "I'm telling you, you should put them over there."
My grandmother butts in "You should do what the man says, it's not like you're doing anything but sitting around and being a useless shit all day."

I'm so tired of it. I worked so hard in college and thought I had a job and it fell through now I'm home just trying to find something that will hire me. Anything. I'm signed up with two temp agencies and have easily applied to over 100 jobs and since then I've had two phone-only interviews and neither worked out.

Honestly I feel like I have nothing to live for.

>> No.7705286
File: 1.33 MB, 245x245, BalloonBunny4.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm sad that everyone else is sad and I hope things improve so people are less-sad

here is a bunny for less sads

>> No.7705289

Lately I've been feeling so shitty, both physically and emotionally fatigued, and drained. I feel like I could be falling into depression again just randomly for no reason. Or I might have some sort of health issue (such as anemia). I don't feel sad at all, in fact lolita and upcoming conventions really excite me. But I don't feel giddy and overly excited as usual. Just... drained. I'm not even sure. I've been wanting to eat like crazy and put on a few lbs. It's become noticable (at least by me) but it's not so much that things won't fit (just an inch in measurement gain) but still. Ugh.

I hope this goes away soon. It's also depressing when you hit goals and are in that realm of being so close to almost there, and due to feeling so shitty you gain. I'm gonna try cutting out shit again, eating more veggies and fruits and trying to get in the sun a little more and do some walking and jogging to see if it helps me spring back. This fucking sucks.

>> No.7705290

I am 35lbs heavier than I was a year or two ago and the doctor basically eliminated hypothyroidism, PCOS, and pre-diabetes. I've been recommended for a sleep study...but he really thinks I have depression.

I may have found another lolita who lives very close and is willing to start running with me, which is nice. I just wish I had access to weights. (I will come September when classes start, but haven't all summer.)

Falling behind on my summer work, too.

>> No.7705295

>>7705289
>>7705290

Solidarity, anon.
We can do it!

>> No.7705312

I've gained 15 lbs in two months, found out I can't wear contacts because I'm a faggot who can't hold their eyes open, had a cylinder in my engine fail, shelled out my saved taobao budget to fix it, then wrecked the damn thing today.

And I started my period. Everything happened at once today, and I just want to quit life.

>> No.7705330

Because I haven't been working hard enough!!

Luckily there's an easy fix for that.

>> No.7705338

>>7705312
>engine cylinder fail, did the mechanic say what caused the cylinder to fail (ie:ball bearing problems, a crack) or did he just say it failed. Regardless it's going to be expensive, just a question of how expensive and if anything should be saved.

>> No.7705356

> 26 years old, male, tall, muscular, nice job
> been depressed my whole for no aparent reason and had dificulties to form relationships with anyone
> recently diagnosed with gender dysphoria
... a tad too late

>> No.7705363

>why are you sad

NYCC tickets selling out in one fucking minute, then the whole site crashing during the second wave. Fuck that shit. I'm going to a good ol' brick-and-mortar store and waiting in a physical line.

>>7704327
I feel ya. It's just as hard to lose weight as it is to gain it.
>tfw I can't cosplay tsumugu accurately for another couple months
>hoping KLK cosplays aren't out of style by then

>> No.7705375

>>7704327
same here.
I feel so bad not being able to work out more or harder but I have a really screwed up hip among other issues.

have you tried palates? I feel they're a decent balance when having injuries and other health issues.

>> No.7705378

My relationship with my mother is dying horribly and it bothers me constantly. I spent a month with her recently and she spent the entire time bad mouthing things I enjoy without realizing it, and shit talking anyone with similar interests to my own and then complained that I wasn't spending enough time with her, which I was doing because I didn't want to listen to how awful a person I am all the time.
She doesn't realize she's doing it because I'm incredibly secretive about my life around her but this is why I am, because I already know her opinion and I'd rather her just not know me than hate me.
I haven't really talked to her much since then, and it's bothering me a lot right now because she called me last night and over the conversation said she wants me to come see her again so we can actually spend time together and that one day I'm gonna have to let her know the real me.
We're complete opposites and she doesn't realize it. She's a hippy tomboy and I'm the girly girl lolita and we have a lot of extremely differing opinions on a lot of things.
I just want to have a good relationship with my mom. I want to cry every time she calls me, I just want her to be able to accept that I'm not her.

>> No.7705398

>>7705363
Hey, anon don't be discouraged. I'm sure KLK will still be in style. I'm actually gathering a group of KLK cosplayers for next May!

>> No.7705416
File: 959 KB, 500x300, sad.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> starting uni in a few weeks
> I have to quit my job
> didn't qualify for work study
> competing with 40,000 other undergrads for jobs on my campus alone
> probably won't be able to get a job for a while
> I fucking need money so bad
> mfw

>> No.7705418
File: 499 KB, 500x281, tumblr_m80gs5OhQR1rn95k2o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm sad because my scoliosis is getting worst and now I have Kyphosis. It hurts to stand or sit straight and I'll never look pretty standing up. My shoulders are uneven and I can do a really gross thing with one of them, and because my abusive ex is back in my life and him and I have made amends. I still have feelings for him but I'm with a great guy now but he's going back to his country for a few weeks and my ex is getting too close and I don't know what to do with myself anymore

>> No.7705423
File: 100 KB, 896x504, reallynow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

For the last few months I've been hanging with one of my friends from way back a lot lately. We've been edging on more then friends for a while, but now I'm realizing that he's kind of a jerk who just constantly makes fun of what I do
ex:
>"anon you're so fat, you're so weak
>"anon don't work out, fit girls are ugly"
>"anon you're so dumb, get you're life together"
>"lol anon why are you trying to do work?"
it's just really frustrating, because we have really similar interests and have been friends for such a long time, but he just makes me feel like crap. I would just stop hanging with him, but we have a lot of mutual friends, and I don't want to have to cancel on other plans just because he'll be there as well.
To make it cosplay related: I really want to work on a dress I'm making for a friends costume, because I really enjoy sewing, but my machine really needs oil and I don't want to have to go out and buy some because I wont really be able to till the weekend. I just wanna work on it while I still feel excited to work on it.

>> No.7705426

>tfw huge dark circles that never go away
>make-up creases and any effort to cover them looks terrible
>tfw ugly lolita for life

>> No.7705433

>>7705426
this is going to be probably a terrible suggestion, considering i basically know next to nothing about lolita, but maybe you could incorporate them into gothic lolita or something?~ like using your flaws to add to something else and turning them into a positive thing!

>> No.7705434

>>7705426
I used to feel this way until I found the only makeup that managed to cover them without creasing or looking cakey.

It's expensive as fuck, but you should give La Mer's concealer a try if nothing else has worked

>> No.7705436

Dad stole about $2,000 from me a few years back, and I've given up on ever seeing that money again since he owes a lot of other family members even more money.
He also randomly decided to marry a trailer trash skank with four kids while simultaneously adopting three cats. Oh, and he was just evicted from his apartment.
Not cosplay/lolita related, but ugh it's got me all sorts of rustled.

>> No.7705455
File: 76 KB, 604x398, 1404854896438.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't know if this is gender dysphoria or being fed up with this gay earth, but I fucking hate being a girl. If you're gay at least you can somewhat hide it, if you have tits you can't just make them disappear at will and get a masculine bone structure when necessary.

>whatever I do is judged first on the account of my being female and only then by my skill, the first usually influencing the second in some way
>a goodly chunk of males I tried to be friends with eventually goes full supreme gentleman
>lifetime of being told that "you can't do that, you don't have the right training" and seeing little boys three times weaker than me be allowed to do those same things, because muh delicate ovaries
>I can't travel to some countries with a cool history and see said history without being forced to dress like a ninja and walk quietly behind a man like a good dog
>it's usually implied that I am irrational, overly emotional, a liar, manipulative or hysterical when I don't like something or criticize something

and don't think it's just muh patriarchy either, women fuck it up too
>shit slinging out of envy/hate, being "not like those other guuurls"
>refusing to act like women and acting like girls instead, refusing to be responsible for their own actions and then crying about slut shaming/rape
>extreme need to be the prettiest and most liked, at any cost, otherwise tantrum time

of course this is no rule and when I see women who act like mature adults I just want to hug them and ask them to be my awesome big sisters
But otherwise I just can't deal with that shit in the quantities that I am dealing with right now, just leave me alone

>> No.7705481

>>7705423
If he's doing this because he likes you, avoid him because that's sounds like "negging" of PUAs. Basically they advise guys to pick up girls, by lowering their self-esteem with barbed comments. The sad thing is, it works on some girls who are used to barbed comments from loved ones from the experience of growing up in abusive households.

Bob's Burgers did a satire of PUA advice. "Push her in a lake" was my favorite.

>> No.7705520

>>7705418
You stay away from your abusive ex and make sure your abusive ex stays away from you. Whatever feelings you have for him will definitely not be reciprocated and you'll just end up crush you and your current BF's heart.
Keep your current, stable relationship together - hang tight, even if your beau will be absent for a couple weeks, you can stay connected.
As for the shoulder situation: get it treated so you're not in pain, but don't worry so much about how they look. Trust me, shoulders aren't a big focus point for guys.

You're stronger than this, anon!

>> No.7705688

I have a really great job right now, which would be great and all, but all the money goes to paying for gas and paying off my debt from doing awful in school, and my classes now. My parents still micromanage everything, I'm told when to go home and was told to shower because I have work tomorrow, which yeah; I planned to, but I'm 21....I'm being bugged about every little thing and I feel so isolated from the world, I feel like I have no control of anything. I'm very unhappy and stressed. I'm trying so hard to be perfect for everyone, so maybe they can notice me positively somehow, but I don't think its working at all; there's still so much my parents criticize me for and I don't think anyone else even shows interest beyond that. I feel kinda like a total loser. I want to finally get a lolita outfit together but finances make that impossible. Its good that its summer and I'm too busy to consider self-harming, but I haven't had enough proper meals, sleep, and I think my face is breaking out from all this. I'm losing weight really fast from it all, too, but all I get is compliments for it even though I was fine with my size before. This is all quite trying, but I don't know what to do to make it better besides just waiting it out. Ugh, I have to make my lunch for tomorrow and I'm already late for bed....its like something always has to be sacrificed.

>> No.7705700

>>7705282
Pardon my french but fuck your grandma. Especially in this situation. Have you talked back to her and told her that she's not helping and is actually making you feel more shitty? Told your parents about her behaviour? Please, don't be alone with these thoughts and feelings, tell someone you know and trust.

>> No.7705705

I live in a third world southamerican country, studying a career with almost no expectation of future here (history of arts). Getting a job is getting harder by the day and the economy is, as allways, going to the garbage. So yeah, third world problems.

>> No.7705706

>>7704830
Your art must be really really shit, cause /d/ has crazy low standards.

>> No.7705780

>>7705182
Sadly no, happened to me yesterday. But I can imagine it's a common thing (because it works). I looked up the company when I got home and there were lots of similar stories from other people.

>> No.7705795

I live in a third world African country and I feel like I'm going to die here and my life is being wasted away.
I just want to leave as soon as possible. It's not a complete shithole, but absolutely nothing is going on here and there are no opportunities for anything.
It's objectively worse than living in Bumfuck Nowhere in Murrica.

>> No.7705799

>>7704409
>and to top it all off, some shitty high school girl I used to talk to in my senior year was dumb enough to post nudes on tumblr when she's underaged, and when her parents found them she's been blaming me for it, and keeps sending me really pathetic "kill yourself"
??? what the fuck kind of logic is she using for that? You didn't post her nudes, and it sounds like you guys weren't in touch anymore

>> No.7705804

I broke the needle plate on my serger (it has two pin-thick prongs, and one of them broke), so now I can't work on anything until I get a new one. I feel dumb, because it was my own fault for missing a pin (in my defense it was ultra fluffy fabric).

>> No.7705830
File: 986 KB, 245x280, tumblr_mh1bueIyfW1qeeqito2_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, it all started when I was born.

Actually it started when I was younger, but that's beside the point.

It really started to go downhill about two years ago when my dad died suddenly.
Then my dog got hit by a car. Then my other dog had to be put down.
No friends from school around anymore (not that I ever had any).
No neighbors to hang with.
No fun places to go that don't cost $100 a pop.
Video games aren't fun.
No job.
No money.
Selling my house to move out even further into the middle of no where.
And my car is starting to fall apart.
Also convinced at this point I'll either be single until I'm well into my 30's or until I die.

>> No.7705836

>>7705795
What country do you live in, anon? I seriously didn't know that third world countries in Africa had like, internet and shit

>> No.7705841

>>7705836
Some actually do.

It's like India.

They have tv and internet and cellphones.

No sewer system and toilets though, lel.

>> No.7705843

>>7705836
Ghana. I'd say it's nice for vacations, but not as a permanent living space.
>I seriously didn't know that third world countries in Africa had like, internet and shit
Those Nigerian e-mail scams had to have come from somewhere, anon.

>> No.7705848

I don't have anywhere to live at the moment and I need to be out of my mother's place this weekend when my brother moves back if I don't want to sleep on her floor. I'm scared this is going to affect my progress at university again. I really need a hug. And to get laid.

>> No.7705860

>>7705841
>No sewer system and toilets though, lel.
This is wrong though

>> No.7705863

>>7705860
Oh? Perhaps in the larger cities.
I couldn't see that happening outside of ports and capitals and what-nots.

>> No.7705871

>>7705863
There are poor and rich parts, like everywhere else. It also depends on the country itself, pretty much.
There's an insane class divide, though. Poorfags always gonna poor.

>> No.7705882

Not as bad as some of these but

>horrible weight struggle begins at puberty
>years of bullying, stretchmarks, and shattered self worth

Fast forward to adulthood

>worked my ass off
>literally
>took years to learn my body and bring it from double digits to size 4
>no fads, tricks, or diets
>learn to cook and eat healthy and got extremely active, this is now my lifestyle
>took years to repair self esteem, still working on it
>but at least I can see the curvature of my ass through my thigh gap now

and yet

>"fucking lucky skinny bitch here, skinny her whole privileged life, still eating celery trying to make the rest of us look like we don't try. you have no idea how hard it is for those of us with weight issues"

It's spinach, cunt. And fuck you. Books, covers, etc.

>> No.7705883

>>7705705
Why didn't you study something useful then?

You could be helping your country instead of wasting 4 years with that garbage.

>> No.7705887

>>7705883
Didn't realize /cgl/ was so /pol/...

>> No.7705891

>>7705887
No point complaining lack of jobs when you major in something completely useless.

Studying the history of arts should be a hobby, not your major.

>> No.7705893

>>7705887
Didnt realize being practical meant being so /pol/

>> No.7705894

breast cancer
i feel so empty inside and i don't know what to do anymore
i feel like i should end it now, save the hospital bills
we can't afford them anyways
and save the pain too
i don't know if i can go through this
maybe i can request to buried in AP though

>> No.7705902

>>7705893
Well, /pol/ isn't...well...wasn't the jew hating monstrosity it is today.

>> No.7705904

>>7705894
Tell us more.

How bad is it? How long until you die?

>> No.7705907
File: 145 KB, 1440x810, 1359653809109.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sad because the medication I'm on has reduced my appetite to barely nothing and so I can't enjoy any of my favorite foods anymore. Plus I feel sick if I eat too much so I'm scared that I'll become undernourished and my GP will take me off the meds (which are a massive help otherwise). So I have to eat until I feel sick every day just to maintain my appropriate caloric intake.

>> No.7705909

>My dad is shitty and fake
>He's mean to my mom and degrades her all the time, is super passive aggressive to her too
>He puts down my mom's efforts to lose weight, including telling her she shouldn't exercise or waste money on eating clean, tells her she just needs to worry about getting a job
>My mom can only MAYBE make a bit more than min wage, while my dad can make bank sitting at home doing work in his underwear
>My dad refuses to ever do work, denies jobs because he's "too busy" when really all he ever do is play stupid facebook games or watch videos of people getting in car wrecks or whatever
>Basically deal with his shitty passive aggressive fakeness all the time while seeing Mom be run down
>Call Dad out for being a dick to Mom while he's in front of her, make things worse

>> No.7705914

>>7705909
*all her ever does

Also, forgot to add, my mom HAS gotten jobs before, and he just stops working all together when she does, making her pay all our bills on minimum wage. Which doesn't happen, so she has to quit, because he doesn't understand finances apparently.

It just sucks. We used to be a happy family, go on vacations and what not, but now we're just not.

>> No.7705922

>>7704433
Is it SSRI meds you're on? You should be very careful when coming off those, quitting cold turkey will put you in a very bad place.
I'm on SSRI's myself and I also stopped them for a few days because I was too broke to buy more. Bad move. The withdrawal symptoms are intense.
But I believe that if you have a proper plan for quitting the meds, and you talk to your doctor about it, and you do it very slowly, you should be fine. The people online talking about how prolonged SSRI use causes brain damage etc are just trying to turn people against pharmaceutical companies.

>> No.7705924

>>7705914
*all he
fucking typos

>> No.7705955
File: 12 KB, 225x224, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm leaving to a convention today. I've gained 40 pounds since last convention, so I barely fit into my old cosplays. I lost my wig cap, there's no store in town that sells them. Broke my prop last minute, never really finished my wig, accidentally threw away my shoes because they started to smell. I have no money, no food, nothing prepared. I feel ugly as sin unless I'm in cosplay. Friend wants to volunteer and I'm scared out of my end to not be in cosplay while volunteering, scaring everyone with my ugly disease. I feel like there's a part of my head that's saying that something super bad is gonna happen, like someone taking a picture of my half assed cosplay, posting it on /cgl/, and I become the next PT. I hate myself, and I honestly don't want to cosplay, but I put $200 into my cosplay so far and I don't want it to go to waste, so I'll at least wear it to the photo shoot.
Oh yeah, and I'm packed up the ass with panels I have to cart around too because my friend wants to go to them. I feel like it's not going to be fun, and I'm already having anxiety attacks before the convention starts. I'm going to have to pack a whole shit ton of xanax before I leave. Does anyone else have these feels? I feel like I'm the only one who dreads a convention.

>> No.7705968

>>7705909
Just murder him already.

>> No.7705979

>>7705211
They were alpha enough to give your ass the boot,not getting used has to count for something.

>> No.7705983

>>7705907
Hello ADHD fag,how goes the dry mouth?

>> No.7705986

>>7705983
Mine is horrendous.

Makes my 'super taster' genes even more sensitive.

Also feel I may have thrust tongue or whatever it's called.

>> No.7706016

i'm in a somewhat (hour away) long distance relationship with my girlfriend. we went to a con together the other weekend and I haven't seen her since. she rarely responds to my texts (she has always been like this) and even though i offer to drive and see her she always has some excuse instead... when we do hang out it's great and i feel like she really likes me but it's always an uphill battle to get to do anything together and it's really weighing on me lately.

>> No.7706032

>>7705378

wow you're a faggot. Obviously your mother loves you, and the cliche is a cliche for a reason. She will love you know matter what.

>> No.7706033

>>7705155
*grant proposal sorry, I'm anal.

Sage for no contribution.

>> No.7706041

>>7706016
Break up with her. It sounds like she's starting to pull away. I know it sucks if you love her but you really need to have a conversation that isn't her just throwing a defensive response or an excuse.

>> No.7706043
File: 110 KB, 495x499, 9876532.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am 5'6 and 140 pounds
My skin is full of acne scars and disgusting hair because my hormones are all fucked up
My whole body is covered in disgusting dark black hair. I have to shave my entire body from feet to bellybutton
I had an operation on my foot so now I cannot wear heels for months

I probably failed all my exams (or got really bad grades) because I was too lazy to study
I also haven't started on my papers and will probably need to redo the classes
I like my major but I just cannot deal with UniI. I never had to study in school so I never learned to study or work and now I am royally fucked

I haven't had a relationship for over a year, and haven't had sex since then
I haven't met anyone I am interested in
I never go out and meet new people, I am not attractive, popular, sexy, funny or an open person so I doubt this will change anytime soon.

I spend too much money on Lolita
I spend too much money on Lolita items that do not fit me
I spend too much money on Lolita items I don't wear
I spend too much money on Lolita main pieces and then I have nothing to go with it so they just sit in my closet because I don't have a coord
I buy Lolita to feel better about myself
Whenever something bad happens, I buy clothes, and sometimes I regret it immerdiatley. I am developing a very unhealthy habit

I should be a happy person. I have a loving family, no money issues (aside from spending too much money, but I am not in debt), I study what I wanted to study at the Uni I wanted to go, I am healthy, young. Still I managed to somehow fuck it up despite all the opportunities and advantages I have. And then I feel sad and sorry for myself and than I am angry because I feel sorry for myself for no reason.

>> No.7706050

>>7706043
You sound like me.

Unfortunately, I have no words of wisdom to offer because I feel I'm slowly slipping into a place I will be unable to crawl out of.

>> No.7706064
File: 64 KB, 633x758, fatty feel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7706050

I am sorry for you Anon. But knowing I am not alone is comforting.

My lack of variety in social life even concerns my mother.
You know it's gotten really awful when your own middle aged mother suggests you should go to more partys and date some men and have fun in life. I think she actually starts to pitiy me...
>mfw

>> No.7706070
File: 75 KB, 742x716, 10505399_10152467890420630_1514622861941552346_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I started a web series and production group that tries to use cosplayers playing their characters, and I've been treated like and called a monster because I use Actor/movie/hollywood standards for actors. Meaning that when I judge cosplay (as well as the cosplayers I will use for my work) I take into account not only the quality of their costume, or their acting, but the entire package, including height, weight, body type, hair and eye colour, and yes, even race.

I'm called a racist because when I judge cosplay at conventions if there was someone who was Goku, and had the most accurate costume, and performed amazing as Goku but was Black, I would give them a 9/10 because they don't appear to be the same race as their character.
Keeping in mind that I ONLY apply this standard to when people are competing. If you want to cosplay just to have fun, then you can be anything, or anyone you want, no matter what you look like, and I hope you have the time of your life.

Despite pointing out that if you cosplay for fun you can do whatever you want, and it's only when you compete that you be judged as I said above, I'm treated like a monster and a racist.

Picture relevant, it's myself as The heavy Weapons Guy from TF2 (wearing the loadout that I use for the game)

>> No.7706077

>>7705955
You can make a wig cap from an old pair of stockings in like five minutes, anon.

>> No.7706083
File: 2.27 MB, 300x227, 1397693801870.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7706070
9/10

>> No.7706096

>>7706083
I know right. I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills when it comes to this topic.

>> No.7706103

>>7705080
I have this same problem, but not to such an extent. No doctor has ever told me what to do or given me anything except for my scoliosis doctor telling me to take Miralax. I don't know what to do, because it doesn't help much... Should I go to a specific doctor for it? I don't even know where to start.

>> No.7706116

>>7705455
Not sure if troll or not, but this doesn't sound anything like gender dysphoria. More like internalised misogyny. You're doing the whole 'not like those other guuuurls' thing yourself in the post. If there's no physical dysphoria to go with it, I'd look into getting some better female role models/friends.

>> No.7706118

>>7705080
An enema will give you faster relief than a laxative.

>> No.7706121

Been on my period for 3 weeks straight due to stress.

Nothing else is really bothering me, just the fact that my uterus decided that the Happening was occurring

>> No.7706132

>>7705520
Their shoulder thing is probably due to the scoliosis, so there's no way to treat it, other than spinal surgery if your curve is bad enough, or physical therapy for pain management. Even with surgery it's likely to still look wonky.

>> No.7706134

No offense, but as a guy you girls sound so fucked up it's actually sort of embarassing.

>> No.7706137
File: 101 KB, 351x398, 1402960233537.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7706134
>as a guy

>> No.7706140

>>7706116
How am I doing the "not like those other guuurls" thing myself? I did say it's not a rule and that there are many people who don't do those things, and surely if I find them annoying I won't do them myself.
But lately I've been surrounded by shit women as I've described above.
Are you saying women can't be shit people? So if I point out that some are you accuse me of being a snowflake or a troll? What will I hear next, that if I'm not a feminist and don't praise whatever a person with a vagina does, good or bad, I'm misogynist cis scum?

>> No.7706142

>>7705338
It was an ignition coil, or so.ething like that. It wasn't too bad, but it was still $400. I'm just upset that I had to use my clothes savings.

>> No.7706150
File: 2.85 MB, 445x247, 1404775649556.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7706134
>as a guy

>> No.7706158
File: 18 KB, 240x260, get a load of this fag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7706134
>as a guy

>> No.7706169

>>7706140
different anon here but basically, wtf?

one minute you are talking about hating how men treat you like a weak woman or something, moaning to the point you sound like a man-hating femnazi, next minute you groan about 'not asskissing every women and being accused of misogyny' and all this shit aspie anti-sjwers say.

either way. imo what you are lacking is social contact. men aren't treating you as weakly as you think, and if they look down on you or tell you not to do something, so what? why is someone else dictating your life? take a break from the internet and go out and do your own thing. you'll find that a lot of the time, guys treat you kindly because they respect you (well, some may be trying to get into ur pants i guess).

and yeah there will be girls who are bitches. there are guys who are assholes. that's life.

And I dunno what you mean by 'gentleman' stuff, either? like what, opening doors for you?

>> No.7706194

I am so pissed at this stupid noob shit buyer. She left me positive feedback but left so many comments about supposed "flaws" with my item description when they were all results of her lack of reading comprehension.

Lacemarket's feedback system is so poorly designed. There is no way for me to comment on my own feedback to explain what happened. Now future buyers will read this one rude bitch's feedback thinking I am a lying cunt. I wish she had the courtesy to message me before leaving feedback. I can't do anything to save myself. I have been selling for 3 years with a perfect track record and this irritates me so badly.

>> No.7706199

>>7706194

LM feedback is shit. I usually pay attention to the EGL feeback left there. And if you have been a seller with a pefect record for three years and then have one flawed feedback, it seems more smelly to me than the feedback itself.

Also, you could contact the Lace Market mods on facebook and try to explain the situation so they can change your feedback.

>> No.7706209

>>7706199
Is facebook better than e-mail? I sent an email to the lacemarket admin.

I also sent a PM to the buyer. I asked her why didn't she contact me if she felt I was dishonest. If she really wanted I could have just thrown some partial discount or something.

This is the first feedback I have received on LM, and this is so dumb.

>> No.7706235

I'm sad about my skin continually worsening no matter how many prescription medications for acne I use.
I have literally zero self-esteem so I always end up bugging my boyfriend about how he'll inevitably leave me for a prettier girl, and I can't help believing my paranoia more than his reassurance that he won't leave me.

>>7705922
>You should be very careful when coming off those, quitting cold turkey will put you in a very bad place.

Fucking agreed. I recently quit an SSRI cold turkey because it gave me extreme hunger which was beyond distressing (especially since I'm diagnosed with and trying to recover from extreme anorexia, so I felt guilty as fuck for waking up at goddamn 5am and having to eat because otherwise I can't sleep).

My withdrawal symptoms:
>awful heart palpitations/chest pain
>headaches and dizziness
>no energy
>bizarre yet vivid nightmares
>generally getting crazy and self-harming and having terrible panic attacks again

Oh well, it should be over with soon.

>> No.7706239

>>7706209

EH, I just did it via facebook and they replied within 2 days, and solved my problem quickly. Don't know about the e-mail way.

>> No.7706262

I'm sad that most of /cgl/, including me, seems to be mentally and/or physically ill.
Most of you are bitches, but damn I'm fond of this board and I don't wish this shit upon any of you.

>> No.7706271

>>7704433
>>7705922
>>7706235

Please please please please be careful going cold turkey on psych meds. I cold turkey'd my anti-psychotic and a week later tried to kill myself. I was in a coma for a few days, woke up in horrible pain, had to do physical rehab then got shipped off to a psych ward. Psych meds are no joke, all you seagulls please please use caution when going off them. Contact a Dr about how to taper off properly.

>> No.7706273

>>7706169
That's because I'm neither a feminazi nor an aspie anti-sjw. And this isn't Internet experience either, I've had this shit said to my face in real life for no reason other than me working in a male-dominated field. I get plenty of social contact, that's not the issue, the issue is that I routinely get treated like I'm not good for shit and left to sit out a workday while people weaker than me (it's a physical job, so it matters) are told to work, just because I have tits. I may not have expressed myself well. To me, that isn't respect and being treated as equal, that's being babied. Especially because those men who are told to cover for me then come and whine at ME how I'm "useless" and just "sitting around painting my nails" (naturally, I don't do that).

The issue I have with the women I mentioned is that they treat me like shit for not doing a typical "woman job" and then whine about gender roles online aside from other hypocrisy I mentioned.
I know they do because I follow them on Facebook, so it's not "projecting" or whatever new buzzword people use nowadays.

Google "supreme gentleman meme", you sound new.

>> No.7706280
File: 58 KB, 563x364, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had a dream I was getting paid tomorrow and woke up super excited but remembered I won't be paid for another week. I have $2.65 to my name right now

>> No.7706284

>>7705455
Clearly, anon, you're just around shitty people a lot.
>>7706140
>>7706273
Also, you sound crazy/paranoid? Do people literally say those things to you, or do you interpret their comments as such? What field are you in, out of curiosity?

>> No.7706285
File: 944 KB, 1280x720, 1403200034867.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A lot of reasons.

>22 and still live with parents
>job with pay that's a couple dollars over min. wage
>the area is a dead industrial town filled with white trash and a growing heroin problem
>just see a lot of stuff on a daily basis at work or in the local towns that makes me feel like crap
>sibling constantly saying that I look/act depressed all the time, gave me a career guide book to read
>stopped going to community college over a year ago because I was having a crisis, still haven't found a career I'd be interested in going back for
>parents don't want me to go to a larger school because they have no money, they've offered little to no assistance with anything post-high school related
>spend the days doing things I used to enjoy (like reading manga and playing in concert bands) but it feels like I'm just going through the motions because I know how to

I almost have 10k in my savings which seems okay but I feel like I'm at the age where I should be somewhere in my life or making more than $10/hr. I missed out on a lot in the past couple years because I've spent so much time working...I'm just really dispirited and feel out of place.

>> No.7706288

>>7706285
>I feel like I'm at the age where I should be somewhere in my life or making more than $10/hr
>22
I've got news for you: The new norm for people in their early 20s actually isn't that much higher than minimum wage. And you actually have savings.

>> No.7706295

>>7706285
Uh anon, hate to tell you this but most 22 year olds are living at home with mom and dad. Also I worked a job for the last 5 years and they payed me LESS than minimum wage (I quit after minimum wage went up and they refused to give me the extra 25 cents), so yeah that's kind of the norm. Don't feel like shit since there's at least thousands of other people like you, at your age, experiencing the same thing.

When the chance comes, ask for a payraise.

>> No.7706297

>>7704367
Hey anon, what's kickboxing like? I just recently started taking a boxing class once a week and I love it! My gym offers a lot of MMA stuff, so I was thinking of trying some other things!

>> No.7706303

>>7706271
Yeah this. I went crazy from both mental and physical pain when I was tapering off my anti-psychotics, even though I did it gradually. I don't even want to think about how godawful it must've been for you.

>> No.7706316
File: 1005 KB, 500x281, why.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just feel disappointed with my self since I just graduated, and haven't done anything for two months. Like nothing at all, I haven't applied to any jobs, or bulked up my portfolio like I said I would, or work on the side project I'm a part of and I know they're waiting on my submissions.

>Work a demanding physical labor job every summer since I was 17
>Art school (illustration) was hell this year.
>Three hours of sleep every other day, up to my eyes in assignments and thesis
>Begin to hate my art after being good friends with a lot of popular illustrators/tumblr artists
>Hate drama, friends cause dramaa because "waah no one works as hard as me!" and other stupid shit
>Cut ties with them because who wants friends like that (one of them told me I was a shitty person and the worst friend ever because I couldn't go paintballing two days before graduation)
>All the drama and stress makes me have anxiety attacks
>Pissed because I haven't had one in years.
>Teachers give me lower grades than I think I deserve because "I don't try hard enough"
>All my art is traditional, and I can't sit still during the 6 hour long classes.
>Too much schoolwork causes me to skip meals, fucks up my appetite.

I feel like i'm a good judge of when I need to step back and just disappear for a while, which is why I just kind of shut down after I graduated. I'm finally back to where I want to be mentally, my skin's cleared up because I'm not stressed anymore, and I actually have time to go to the gym which makes me super happy. But I feel like shit blowing off all the nice people who are counting on me to pull my weight on this project, and not putting out work or bulking up my portfolio and just being productive. I've never had the chance to worry about just myself and my own well being before....

Sorry for complaining guys!

>> No.7706331

>>7706142
What kind of car is it, as long as it isn't a eurocar or rare muscle car (nobody on /cgl/ besides me owns/has owned a muscle car) you could possibly go scavenging and if you're a qt female you could probably convince one of the workers to go get one for you

>> No.7706332

>>7704456
to finish this confession I was wearing beaten up sneakers with my brand coord

>> No.7706336
File: 538 KB, 860x1920, tumblr_myk0rxzZS91seyuhgo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7705706
Yep, I'm the worst they've got.

>> No.7706338

Girl I like is huge horndog and could probably get in her pants without a lot of effort, but is also emotionally unstable, and with a horndog guy who doesn't apparently have any use for their relationship besides poon, and so I'm worried that if I take option a, it could damage our friendship rather than strengthen us as something other than friends.

>> No.7706339

>>7705882
Wait some woman had the gall to say that to your face?! What. The. Fuck.

Good on you anon for losing all those inches. Those bitches aren't even worth your time. Enjoy you're healthy life.

>> No.7706342

>>7705983
Not good

The worst is that my mouth always feels super dry and gross right after I wake up in the morning.

>> No.7706347

>>7705907
Why not switch to nutrition shakes Anon? Surely those are easier to get down?

>> No.7706366

I sometimes miss my local comm. I first met some of them a few years back and after losing a close friend I decided to start fresh and come out as trans (something no one else knew at the time). However over time the people I came out to forgot I was trans and only pretended to be my friends because I was a bit older and wanted to keep and eye on me. They spoke lot of shit behind my back that entire time about how I was a creep, etc. I brought up the fact that I was trans a year later and they had no idea what I was talking about. Even though it was in a text right when we first met as well as when I first introduced myself. I guess they had thought I had weird intentions when Id ask for wig/make up/clothes help when in reality I just want to transition. At least now I realize people like that are shit heads and probably wouldn't make good friends. At least I tried.

>> No.7706367

>>7706336
are you doing the draw thread here? I want to see more kawaii lolitas in your style.

>> No.7706377

>>7706367
Ah, life keeps me a little too busy for requests, but I'm glad you want to see more. I'm still practising to be a well rounded hobbyist illustrator... And /d/ hates that I'm trying to keep my audience happy.

>> No.7706385

>>7705520
Wow, that was one of the kindest things I've heard for a while. Thanks so much anon, I hope whatever problems that're in your life right now gets solved and that you live happy.

>> No.7706387

>>7706016
Communication and visiting as often as you can are the keys to maintaining a long-distance relationship. If she isn't putting in the effort, it's going to be really hard on you. I hope you can find closure one way or another.

I've done long-distance for all of my major relationships (anywhere from 35km to 155km to 1800km). The shorter ones fell apart because of lack of giving a shit on their end (depression issues or lost interest, visits becoming infrequent). Now my bf and I have to fly to see each other, but we still text, message, skype, etc. every single day until he can move here. It's not easy, but the effort is worth it.

>> No.7706393

>>7706336
I want to see your /d/ work because I need to commission someone to make a big booty bitch

>> No.7706402

>>7706273
I can kind of get what you mean? I believe your experiences, and I get that you hate getting treated like shit at work because of the gender demographics of your field. I just think that you need better female influences in your life to take pride in your identity as a woman. You're probably in STEM, right? Are there any support groups for women in your field?

>> No.7706404
File: 28 KB, 460x276, Dennis-Hopper-and-Isabell-001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In a really mediocre way, I'll admit, I woke up happy for the first time in a while today, because of the attention I got yesterday from you fine people, and because I pigged out on cheap white wine and In and Out Burger before going to sleep.
Im sad that fawning and attention from strangers means more than the people in my life who want to give me attention at this interval. . .

>> No.7706409

I didn't get the job. They wanted someone with a master's and I don't have that yet.

I'm really upset about it. I don't have a lot of options, so I was really hoping for this.

>> No.7706412

>>7706393
Haha, if you want an example, just look for the OP image of Asami from LoK on /d/.

>> No.7706421

>>7704635
same person here
more shitty ranty stuff oops

>don't have any proper identification (no driver's license, photo license, etc) and my sin card is god knows where so i can't work (well, i can't work legally or with safe conditions. slim pickings for cash jobs here)
>go to government building to apply for both sin card renewal
>i don't have "proof of residence"
>i have to pay money i don't have to see a doctor to sign a form to prove i exist
>then i have to go back and pay more money i don't have after that to get identification cards to prove i exist
>all this so i can start working and start my gender transition

love it.

>> No.7706422

>>7706336
Not incredible, but goddamn. Considering what I regularly see on /d/, they choose you to bash and nitpick? Half that board is so disgustingly drawn I'm staying vanilla forever.

>> No.7706430

>>7706409
Sorry bro.

Any way to find a temp job or do you have a job already? Keep looking anyway, you're still in school and you'll get there.

>> No.7706433

>>7706336
This is super cute, very clean lines. Would commission.

The people nitpicking and bashing you are honestly probably awful artists who are jealous that you have any skill at all. I've noticed insecure artists like that like to talk shit when a better artist "has the gall" to post anywhere but their cesspool of awful.

>> No.7706436

>>7705416
Oh no, anon! Don't cry! There's hope!

I started out in the same boat as you.

>didn't qualify for work study
>didn't get a whole lot of aid because parents made too much
>needed an exorbitant amount of money to keep up with Rilakkuma obsession

But I managed to find the cushiest of cushy campus desk jobs despite all of that! Keep up with your campus' job posting section and apply to all of the ones your qualified for, especially during the middle and end of a semester because that's when people are graduating and moving on to other things.

You can do it; I believe in you!

>> No.7706466

>>7706430
I have epilepsy and can't drive, so finding work is difficult. I'm tired of feeling like a burden.

>> No.7706473

>>7706284
They literally say those things to me. I work in construction.

>> No.7706493
File: 6 KB, 256x192, paint.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Birthday is a week from today, but everything has been really shitty.

>Some of my family members is abusing me physically and emotionally and I keep trying to explain it to my mom but she doesn't want to believe it
>If I show the marks I got from the abuse my mom would just think I'm cutting again
>My job isn't going well, co workers always push me around
>Loosing all my friends slowly, pretty much only talk to my boyfriend and best friend from high school now
>Having a little party on my birthday but fear that no one is going to show up
>Boyfriend barely talks to me because he's always with his friends most of the time, we only really have a conversation when we see each other irl

Why does things have to be so difficult /cgl/ ?

>> No.7706495

My community is a bunch of noobs that think they're the best and freak out if someone more experienced even suggests they do something different

>> No.7706505

>>7706103
You can just ask a regular family doctor about it. Constipation is due to two main things - the bowel not moving enough or the stool being too hard. So you can do a bunch of things to encourage it, like the aforementioned fibre and water and exercise, but sometimes you need laxatives or enemas to help with either motility or softening

>> No.7706509

>>7706140
Such bait. Many troll.

>> No.7706512

>>7706493

This might sound harsh, but if you're being abused and ignored you should just cut those people out. Family, boyfriend, or not.
If you've already tried explaining how they make you feel to them, that's even more reason to do so.
I think a lot of people stay around people that treat them poorly due to convenience, and I'm guilty of being part of relationships like that too. It will be hard, but there are people better suited for you out there.

>> No.7706515

>>7706404
>Im sad that fawning and attention from strangers means more than the people in my life who want to give me attention at this interval. . .
That's pretty easy to explain actually. /cgl/ (and strangers in general) rarely compliment other to make them feel happy. They rather do it if they genuinely like the way someone looks. So getting compliment from a stranger makes it feel more sincere than getting it from someone who likes you, even if both are 100% sincere.

To keep it on topic: I'm sad for a simple matter, I have no money right now and my dreamdress showed up on auction.

>> No.7706527

>>7706515
Thanks, I suppose that's why I felt so validated and eager this morning and last night.
Why's money so tight for you and what was your dreamdress?

>> No.7706535

>>7706402
She said she works in construction.

>> No.7706548

>>7704479
The key with antidepressants is tapering. If you go cold turkey, you'll feel awful, but if you taper slowly over a few months it lets your body get used to it, so don't lose hope!

>> No.7706550

All my friends bailed last minute and won't be going to Otakon, so Im going alone and I'm terrified. On top of that, I had some money problems now none of my coords will be finished.
Feels bad man.

>> No.7706566

>saw anorexia recovery progress pics on the front page of imgur and my first thoughts were how good she looked at an unhealthy weight
>realize I have really warped standards, but after being chubby/fat my whole life I actually fit into IW and VM now
I don't know how to feel.

>> No.7706568
File: 206 KB, 753x1061, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Because my boyfriend of almost 2 years has cheated and lied to me consistently throughout our relationship. And recently I've found pictures of him wearing my clothes/makeup/cosplay wigs with a dildo in his ass that he apparently posted online

Not something I'm into, and he also lied to me about it. We've had big blowout arguments before, but I think this time it's really over.

I'm guess I'm more mad at myself for putting up with it so long, I mean I've always had really low self esteem but come on, get your shit together, me.

>> No.7706569

>>7706568
Lol, ur bf wuz a fagit

>> No.7706573
File: 30 KB, 757x442, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7706509
>>>/tumblr/
I worked in security before moving up and was put down for being a woman. They're not allowed to say it in your face but they are very passive-aggressive about it, it's honestly not as hard to believe as you think.

>> No.7706574

>>7706303
Learn to endure.

>> No.7706578

>>7706568
post pics

>> No.7706584

>>7706568
Wow, sorry to hear about that, anon.
I caught my ex posing as me online, sending drawing reference pictures that I took of myself in my underwear to guys to get dick pics out of them.

End it now. It's not worth it.

>> No.7706593
File: 31 KB, 650x487, 279_Up Close And Weeping_Jackie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My bestfriend is in a abusive relationship.

I've been trying for months to get her out of it and I don't know what to do at this point.
I've talked to her about it, I've explained, I've left it alone for a week or two so she can figure it out. But nothing is working. He calls her so many names and makes her feel like shit. She cries to me at night about how she wants to leave but she's too scared. But then the next day she says that he love her and doesn't mean it.
Recently, he called some girl sexy and a bunch of other things on facebook on his profile picture. She didn't like it so she talked it him about it. He went on a never ending bitch fit and yelled at her and said some crude things.
Every time I tell her I'm gonna talk to him she gets scared and tells me not to. I don't want to go against her wishes.

>mfw when she was there for me when I was in her shoes

It hurts me more than anything to see her hurt.
I just wanna grab her phone and block him on every site possible and delete his number. But she told me that he has numerous accounts and will always find.

It's fucking killing me

>> No.7706595

>>7706593
find her woops

>> No.7706596

>>7706574
I successfully quit them.

>> No.7706604

>>7705894
Please, please don't give up anon! If you are struggling with the medical bills there are organizations such as CancerCare and needymeds.org that can help with expenses and/or advise you about local organizations that help people with the cost of their treatment. I don't know if you're in touch with organizations such as this but I would highly recommend it, at the very least they can assess your needs and help point you in the right direction.

My mum has just finished the last of her chemo treatment for breast cancer and I think the thing that helped her to get through not just the physical but also mental toll that it takes, was to join communities and interact with other people going through the same treatment. It sound's like you could really do with the extra support and people to talk to.

There are some incredible people out there working for organizations that dedicate their time to helping and supporting people with cancer; talk to them, talk about all your concerns, anxieties and let them help you to find a good support network. No one should have to face this alone anon.

>> No.7706605

>>7706593
Try to make him fuck off anyway, you need to know shes under his spell. She'll thank you later on after you get rid of him.

>> No.7706610

>>7706605
it's not that easy, she knows I hate him and she knows how badly I want to tell him to fuck off. But she gets terrified if I even mention about talking to him. She'll have a breakdown if I go through with it.

>> No.7706616

>>7706339
Coworker, and paraphrased, but yeah. People seem to really dislike seeing already fit people eat healthy and be active, as if we're trying to be holier than thou or smug or something. We are just maintaining what took a long time to accomplish, it wasn't always like this. If you stop, you go back. I can't go back, anon.
>capchya
worth having

>>7705894
I'm so sorry anon. Maybe set up a crowdfund? I would much rather send a little money to someone for cancer bills than to fund some irresponsible kid's next cosplay.

>> No.7706655
File: 75 KB, 720x261, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7706578
They're all on his computer/phone and I would happily never see them again

>>7706584
Wow, that's rough anon, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. My ex (?) would never do that, he's too narcissistic for that, it would have to be pics of him

He first physically cheated on me only 3 months into the relationship. I should've ended it there but I just kind of put up with it because it was better than being alone. But his mom has always been hinting about wanting us to get married and have grandkids for her, the longer we dated the less subtle she was. The more his mom talked about it the more anxious I got, a feeling of impending doom. That's how I knew he wasn't someone I wanted to spend my life with, but still I just stuck with him anyways

Pic related. (I wish it wasn't Free! though)

>> No.7706658

>>7706568
>Because my boyfriend of almost 2 years has cheated and lied to me consistently throughout our relationship. And recently I've found pictures of him wearing my clothes/makeup/cosplay wigs with a dildo in his ass that he apparently posted online
Huh. Same shit happened to me, only in less time.

At least you're out of it now!

>> No.7706761

>>7706596
Good for you.
Go eat some icecream as a late celebration

>> No.7706848

> Start new full-time job this week
> Job is awesome but very very demanding
> Having trouble to connect with people
> 18 new coworkers and more people from nowhere everyday
> But boss hinted he's satisfied with the work I do and also hinted at long-term employment
> Because of this, have no time to pick up dream dress at post office 1.5 hrs away. Post office will try one final delivery this weekend but they are assholes and will probably pretend they missed me. If they do I'm fucked, I don't have any time next week to get the dress because work and the dress will be sent back to Japan.
> Would like to see BF more but he works full-time too, and extremely hard, and he'll probably think I'm clingy if I ask for more
> tl;dr have to adapt to a lot of new stuff and adult life is fucking hard

>> No.7706857

>>7706848
Can't you just sign and leave the little red slip and tell them to leave it for you?

>> No.7706865

>>7706848
Can you ask them to deliver it to your work? It's very common for employees to get packages at work, because usually the post office stops by anyway and it's hard for working adults to get packages when they're not home. They'll understand.

>> No.7706868

>>7706848
oh and
> best friend lives ~420 miles away
> was supposed to come visit me at end of August
> get text from her this afternoon
> "I've checked anon, with uni and bills I can't come, I don't have enough time/money at all"...

>> No.7706876

>>7706857
No, my mailbox is too small. no packages ever fit in, and I live in apartment building so can't change it. I would otherwise

>>7706865
That's not a bad idea. I'll try this if they don't come this weekend. Thank you ! (I hope my coworkers don't get too curious)

>> No.7706904

Because I will never have a nice paying job at a quaint hobby store as an apprentice-like role in the shop where the old man veteran teaches me about model kits and the like and leaves the store to me when he retires later in his life.

>> No.7706908

>>7706331
It's a shit Hyundai Accent. Got the coil replaced already, but I'll use your advice to get my front end and hood repaired. It should work, I'm pretty good at that charm thing.

>> No.7706924

>>7706262
there is something about this hobby that gives lots of folks with mental and physical illnesses a confidence boost and some hope.
Doesn't mean they don't have serious problems but yeah I really don't wish ill will on anyone here other than a few selfish trip-fags.

>> No.7706931

>>7705700
I talked to my dad today about it and he said he doesn't even really notice when she says shit like that. He thinks it's harmless.

In other news I applied for a job today that seemed perfect. Now I think it's fake. THe guy got back to me within 10 minutes offering a high salary and a phone interview tomorrow AM. But I can't find a physical location for them, the only thing that comes up is a picture of a house. I was really excited now I just think I was played. Back to the job search. :(

>> No.7706935

>>7706931
Well at least its just a phone interview. I wonder if its amway or something.

>> No.7706943

I'm sad because some cosplayers need to get over themselves and stop flattering themselves.

>> No.7706963

>>7706848
what the hell is your post office 1.5 hours away? Did you move or something. Even my 17k pop town has a post office where I can pick up packages.

>> No.7706972

>>7706908
Heheh, girl knows what's up. When I took my gf I'd chill in the car while she goes to the junk yard, chats up the guys for a bit, gets reduced/free parts and we head out. Also look on craigslist to see if somebody has a roller (a car that's getting scrapped for parts) and see how you can do there but be careful and bring a male friend anytime you're dealing with somebody from craigslist....

>> No.7707737

>tfw you're new and you have no idea what these colloquial terms of /cgl/ mean

Can someone explain the term 'skinnyfat' to me?
It is lean with little chub in the tummy etc. or am I completely out in left field?

>> No.7707807

>>7707737
Term can vary, but it mostly describes those people who are "skinny" but also out if shape (ie:no muscle definition) or people with skinnymuscles who only look toned because that small nugget of flesh is the only thing standing between their skin and bones

>> No.7708849

I'm not in love with my current boyfriend and I don't think I will ever be. Actually, I don't think I've ever been in love at all and have been miserable all my life. I'm so scared of breaking up with him because I would lose him as a friend. I'm incredibly lonely and unable to connect with someone that doesn't want to have sex with me, and even then I'm just toying with their feelings. I don't even have anybody to share my problems with. I feel like people like me should just die.

>> No.7710102

>>7706963
I'm in France. If you choose express, get hit by customs, and are not at home at time of delivery, you get to pick your packages in a "post office" (more like a big warehouse) far, far away. And for me that's 1.5 hours away.

>> No.7710634

>>7704427
How does this happen? I have pretty serious depression and also terrible, lazy hygiene. I brush my teeth maybe once a month and I think I've flossed only a handful of times, ever. (Flossing also isn't as a big a deal here as it is in the US). And my teeth look pretty good. They're not white by USA standards but cosmetically, they look as good or better than most people I know. (That said, I haven't been to a dentist in about 8 years, so they could have some terrible fault).

Is this luck or is the health of teeth more to do with diet? I don't eat any junk food really, although my diet isn't great (definitely not high enough in calories) it is still full of vegetables.