[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 59 KB, 462x225, anime expo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7696570 No.7696570[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How the fuck is it that all of you from /cgl/ seem to somehow be semi connected to each other in a way? There are like about 50+ conventions for anime alone in just the USA every year, and that's only increasing. So how is it that you guys claim to have gone to some of the same events, or claim to have met up with people that are posted in these pictures, even shared rooms with them? How is it that someone can post a picture of a cosplayer here, and that cosplayer comes on saying she's creeped out by this? Hell, this board is much smaller than the more populated boards on 4chan too. Are the bulk of these posts just fake?

Please tell me, im just some dude from Missouri who's only been to some smaller cons there in the past (if Anime St Louis and Naka Kon count as small), last one was this years Cosplacon.

>> No.7696581

>and that cosplayer comes on saying she's creeped out by this

Usually just bait, willing to bet that 99% of the time it's a bored person faking it

>> No.7696583

>>7696570
Because it's a small world, anon!

Another Missourifag here, went to Cosplacon last year (because I won a free badge) but didn't go again this year.

>> No.7696584

>>7696581
that's kind of what I thought, but it's still really weird how the whole anime convention scene on this board seems to be sort of a small world.

>> No.7696596

Cosplay is a community. There are thousands of cosplayers but only a smaller bunch that take it seriously as a main hobby/lifestyle. People on /cgl/ will also commonly be on other cosplay websites like cosplay.com, curecos, etc. so there is commonly a "connection" between people, either personally or through gossip.

Also, cosplayers are enormous attention whores and if there is a thread dedicated to someone you can bet they'll know about it.

>> No.7696627

All it takes is making friends with one cosplayer who has a ton of friends, and all of a sudden your social circle explodes. Even though tons of people cosplay, there are a lot less who are into cosplay to the extent that they make multiple costumes for multiple cons a year, so there are surprisingly few degrees of separation.

>> No.7696637

Anime fans* in the USA are a very small group.

*who are willing to spend money and attend irl events as opposed to 13 year olds who never spend a dime

>> No.7696678

>>7696637
I wouldn't call them small. theres got to be about a million anime fans in the US alone.