[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 260 KB, 600x889, 1328058307277.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7661719 No.7661719 [Reply] [Original]

> How long have you been a lolita
> Lone lolita by choice or otherwise?
> How often you wear lolita out
> How casual/OTT do you get
> What activities you do as a lone lolita
> Do you take selfies or do you have a nice boyfriend to help you with documenting outfits?
> Post pic of your outfit(s) as a lone lolita, censored is allowed

I have always been a lone lolita, but recently I find it harder and harder to wear lolita out. Maybe I am starting to turn old...Hoping to get some inspiration/ideas from other lone lolis out there.

>> No.7661734
File: 974 KB, 600x666, tumblr_mosnep0kdf1qgz6tyo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

over 2 years
yes
once in a blue moon
i dislike OTT. all my outfits are toned down to the core. i prefer casual
go to events
> Do you take selfies or do you have a nice boyfriend to help you with documenting outfits?
i dont do selfies
last summer's coord

>> No.7661742

>>7661734
>go to events
anon, what kind of events do you go for? i want to ask because i have nothing to go out for. my closet is decomposing.

>i dont do selfies
i used to never take selfies, and then after a few years i realised i didn't have any photos of me in lolita and i couldn't show it to people who wanted to see. felt kind of sad. do you ever feel like that?

>> No.7661752

3 years

I have a very active comm near me but they are known for drama so I avoid them, Although I do meet some of the members at Cons and they seem nice. I do keep in contact with a few of the girls but we might have a skype tea and scones every now and then.

2-3 times a week. I'm able to wear it to work (bookshop)

Casual classic for work and a bit fancier for the theatre and skyping

Once a month I'll have a weekend off so I like to go to my local teahouse and have scones with a book I'm reading. Sometime art galleries or classical music performances. I have a traditional and almost prudish nature so whilst I don't mind making my coffee a little more irish, I don't like to discuss my sex life, medical issues, mental issues or political views.

I don't document my outfits

Maybe next time

>> No.7661774

>>7661742
Not the anon you were asking but for your question regarding selfies.

The more time you spend documenting your experience, the less time you'll have to enjoy the experience.

Someone goes to a music concert and spends the whole time taking photos rather than just enjoying the concert. They have to take a photo as proof of their concert experience.
The photo proof is more important than the concert itself.

This is another reason I'm a lone lolita, I don't require photographic evidence of my lolita existence unlike the majority of the members of my comm.

tfw I'm bigfoot

>> No.7661775

> How long have you been a lolita?
2 years
Originally was a lone lolita by location...now by choice. Semi active comm near me but is filled with a bit of drama. A few friends are lolitas and might meet occasionally. Also see girls at cons and chat with a few lolitas online.
> How often you wear lolita out?
About once a week.
> How casual/OTT do you get?
Semi casual to OTT
> What activities you do as a lone lolita?
Go to events, go out with boyfriend, go to uni sometimes in lolita. Go shopping even.
Both but I don't document enough

>> No.7661780

>>7661774
OP here, I was thinking more like taking a photo of yourself in lolita in your bedroom before leaving home. Not desecrating a concert or anything like that.

>> No.7661786

A few months.
Otherwise, but I would still choose to be.
Only at a con so far, and I will to other cons later.
I guess compared to some people I'm pretty casual, but I consider myself middle of the road.
I sit around the house in lolita. I wear it when I'm alone and feel like cleaning myself up.
I don't really document my outfits.

>> No.7661803
File: 978 KB, 1556x2464, IMAG0543.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>How long have you been a lolita
3 or so years.
>Long lolita by choice or otherwise?
I am a part of the comm in my state but i live nearly 4 tortuous hours away from the city. I am making plans to move to the city/closer to the city because i am over being alone.
>How often you wear lolita out
I try to wear it at least once a week. I have been pretty depressed about it lately though because lack of friends/other lolitas
>How casual/OTT do you get
I wear it to work sometimes so thats usually pretty casual because comfort but i usually go a little OTT if i'm going out somewhere nice or doing something besides sitting in my room.
>What activities do you do as a lone lolita
There's not much to do in my small shitty town unfortunately, there is a couple of nice cafes and i visit them sometimes to have tea and cake, sometimes i go shopping or just go get something for dinner.
>Do you take selfies or do you have a nice boyfriend to help you with documenting outfits?
A bit of both. I take my own outfit shots at work but they are usually pretty shitty quality, the lighting in my own bedroom is impossible to take photos with. If i'm going somewhere with my bf he will take photos for me and he's very patient because i'm pretty un-photogenic and fussy.
>Post pic of your outfit(s) as a lone lolita, censored is allowed
One of my more casual outfits.

>> No.7661850

>>7661742
beer/wine tasting, movie, dining, picnic,convention, ballet, art exhibits, etc.

i am beginning to take outfit shots, but i still don't do the myspace angle type of selfies.

>> No.7661878

>>7661774
I do it because it actually gives you a better idea of how the outfit looks from further away.

>> No.7661905

It's been over 10 years now, wow.
First because there weren't lolitas in my area at all (lived in a fairly small town in Brazil!) and the community in the nearby capital was small, although surprisingly well-informed. Then I tried taking younger girls under my wing, but they couldn't afford real brand and nor sew very well... I ended up letting them go. Recently I came in contact with them again (I've moved to a different state since then, though), and now they got a nice comm going, I was proud! - but I'm still lonely.
I only have lolita, otome and himekaji in my wardrobe. so almost everyday, though I'm very toned down.
More on the casual side. Haven't looked OTT since I was teenager.
I'm a lone lolita because I have no other lolita friends, but I have normalfag friends. Movies, concerts, meals, normal things.
I don't care much about documenting and posting outfits, I don't run a blog nor do I have facebook. Whatsapp is my only social network and I wouldn't have anyone to show it off to. No bf either -sigh-

>> No.7665050
File: 199 KB, 853x775, 134043518.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Around 10 years now, more admirer than practitioner these days though

Mostly choice, my hometown is small with no other lolitas (as far as I know), I'm also a bit of a recluse/hiki and try to avoid the drama that tends to circulate within smaller communities.

This past year maybe three times tops, prior to that it was around once a fortnight, give or take (slightly more if you include otome type stuff).

Mostly casual and non-ott classic and goth. The most ott I get is at events or meet-ups, which is once in a blue moon for me. Also my hometown is the kinda place where if you wear anything even slightly out of the ordinary, people will constantly shout stuff at you and act like a dick - I can't be bothered dealing with that shit a lot of the time.

Go for a wander in my local park, shopping and sightseeing day trips and very occasionally, clubbing with non-lolita friends. I generally feel a lot happier when I'm away from my home town when it comes to wearing lolita.

I occasionally take selfies but it's more for personal reference, I tend not to keep hold of them and rarely post anything anywhere. My boyfriend has taken photos of me before now, but I usually have to coax him into it.

All I could find, otome on the right is today's

>> No.7665080

>>7661719

Since 2008
These days by choice. I started alone, then moved to a place where a small comm was started but the girls are really awkward and unsocial even at meets. I travelled to the nearest comm and like the girls there a lot but it's quite a drive so I'm not terribly motivated unless it's a really great event. So I wear it in my daily life as I please and that makes me happiest. I started out wearing it for myself alone and I like that best. It's harder to feel like a unique princess in a gaggle of other beruffled women.
At least several times a week, every weekend
No cutsews or bare legs but occasionally blouseless. Always dressy.
Anything, I wear it quite a bit. Stopping at the grocery is fun. We have lots of events at our local museum. On dates. To the bookstore, to dinner, to the ballet and concerts.
Both
I don't post photos here.

>> No.7665085

Just started seriously buying at the beginning of this year.
By choice, mostly. I tend to be kind of odd, and I'd rather not make people uncomfortable.
Ever couple weeks or so. Maybe monthly.
I dress between the two. I don't do "casual" lolita. Go big or go home!
I take walks by the water, go to cafes, bookstores, maybe run a stray errand to a store [don't stay for more than 10 minutes] etc. But I guess I don't do much in lolita beyond that.
Nope. I just like to wear frilly clothes.
Within the next month, hopefully I'll be posting a coord on CoF, but I'd rather not post to 4chan.

>> No.7665156

>>7665085
anon, we might be the same person

>> No.7665188

Since 2012
I was basically forced out by drama. I have Crohn's Disease and they had to remove parts of my intestine and attach an ileal pouch-anal in 2009. Word got out and the mod recommend me to leave or be banned so I left. ;_;
I wear it from time to time and at Con. My bf is extremely supportive of me and my condition.
Not a fan of OTT. I keep my coords casual.
I go to the doctor for a check-up! I don't think many lolitas do that.
I take photos of my coords and post them on Facebook.
Absolutely not. If photos got out of me, there would be drama about me. The mod who forced me out also started drama saying that it was a birth defect.

>> No.7665190

A least 6/7 years
A bit of both, local comm has way to much drama.
Whenever I can
My outfits are always to the point, I dislike OTT
Go to events, spend time with friends, spend time with boyfriend, go shopping etc..
Both.

>> No.7665200

>>7665050
Anon, I like the coord photos you shared! I hope you'll keep it up even if your town is full of dicks.

>> No.7665202

>>7665188
Sounds like you're better off without them anyway.

>> No.7665209

>>7665188
Wtf. My boyfriend's father also had Crohn's with a pouch. It's true that there were some issues with the pouch, but it seriously wasn't that hard to smile and ignore it.

I also think Crohn's is more common in some parts of the country, or more people know about it, so it's not that big of a deal.

At any rate, sorry that your local comm leader had such a stupid reaction to it.

>> No.7665266

4 years
Choice. I sometimes wish i knew others but iv got nothing in common with my local group so i dont force myself in.
Weekends
Depends how i feel, super casual or crowns and wands
See freinds, cinema, shop, normal everyday stuff.
Always running late so hardley any photos.
No, im a fattie.

>> No.7665297

>>7665188
Really? They'd ban you for a fucking disease? What a bunch of fucking dicks. How would one even resonate to think that would be okay?

>> No.7665310

>>7665188

This made me so sad reading how the comm leader "recommended" you leave. That is just foul. I'm glad however to see you have a very supportive boyfriend and no doubt true friends & family. There's nothing drama worthy about Crohn's Disease. Damn people make me sick.

>> No.7665327

2 years or so
by choice
every now and then when i go into the city with friends
i am somewhere in the middle
anything i can really, i'll go shopping, hangout with friends, to some events
i take selfies, i don't really feel the need or desire to completely document my outfits.
nah im good

>> No.7665335

>>7661719
OP you should make a Lolita date with yourself and go to a cafe on the regular.

>> No.7665349

>>7665188
Fuck people like those in your ex comm

>>7665050
I like your outfits!

>> No.7665376

>>7665188
Anon I'm so sorry, I can't believe that anyone would actually try to generate drama about someone with condition that they have absolutely no control over. Also what they hell with the 'birth defect' thing, is that supposed to legitimize the mod's cuntishness or something(?).

I'd hang out with you anon, we could enjoy the low-key life and just have fun dressing as we please.

I really hope you find some lolita friends that are actually decent human beings.

>> No.7665401
File: 918 KB, 500x281, tumblr_n6q4tpXl471spi6r3o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7665188

...That's horrible anon, you can't even posts photos of yourself without drama? Over having had serious surgery? ...Wow....

>> No.7665405

>>7665188
Name and shame.

>> No.7665417

>>7665376
>>7665401
>>7665405
the irony of these posts

>> No.7665441

3 or 4 years. I only had 2 or 3 pieces 4 years ago, so I don't really count back then
By choice, I was in the comm a few times but it was uninteresting to me.
Twice a week at the least, more if I feel up to leaving
It really depends on how I feel, some days I will be fancy for no reason and others I'll just wear casual(like going to the store)
I'll go to the park or a nice bakery, or just do normal things like hang out with other friends. None of my friends have any issue with it so it's a really comfortable thing.
I generally don't document my outfits for some reason. I've never felt the need to. I generally don't take many photos of myself anyways so that may have something to do with it.

>> No.7665457

> How long have you been a Lolita
7 years? It's been longer than I thought.
By choice. Have you noticed how strict and drama filled this community is? No thank you.
Only to events, or if I'm feeling fancy. Once a month or so.
Very casual, rarely OTT. OTT can go so wrong.
> What activities you do as a lone Lolita
Go to concerts, normal human parties, shopping, strolling, scaring children.
Selfies or nothing. It's not like I'll be posting them anywhere.
NO PICS NO TRACE

>> No.7665471

>>7665188
Ugh, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that, anon. And they would have looked down on you if you had something classified as a "birth defect?" What the hell? Why?

>> No.7665477

2 years
Otherwise. I'm socially awkward and not good at making friends.
Not often. I only wore it once this year, but I'm trying to find more reasons to wear it.
Not a big fan of OTT, somewhere in the middle I guess.
Going out with friends, going to cons.
I take pictures of outfits that I like, and I upload them on instagram sometimes. I'm fat and don't feel comfortable uploading pictures where you can see my body.
Nope, see above.

>> No.7665486

>>7661905
just wondering, which state are you located in?

>> No.7665578

>>7661719
I've been very interested for 5 years, but I'm a lolita since... 3 months?
Otherwise... There's no lolitas where I live
... I only had the nuts to go out in lolita clothes one time
I hate OTT, I not want to look like a baby. So more casual, I think
nothing
I don't take photos of myself
no.

>> No.7665582
File: 31 KB, 370x284, Buddy_christ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7665156
I'm so sorry.
I wouldn't wish being me on anyone.
ilu, though.

>> No.7665599

4 years
By choice. I don't connect with people easily and I think my nearest comm is full of teenagers so I'm not too interested in hanging out with 16-18 year olds. I like my normalfag friends anyway.
Once or twice a week. Sometimes more or less.
I'm very casual for the most part and mostly wear otome. I do have OTT items, but I think I have a collectors mentality with these dresses.
I do everyday normal stuff in it - visit friends, eat at restaurants and cafés, run errands, go to work, etc.
I take my own selfies. I suppose I could ask my boyfriend to take photos but I am very awkward in front of the camera if someone else is taking the photo.
Don't have any on this ipad, sorry.

>> No.7665604

>>7665599
I think we're the same person, anon.

>> No.7665625

>>7661719
6 years
By choice, my local comm is mostly filled with fandom-stricken weebtards. They invite me but I don't go. I talk to a couple of them at cons.
Couple of times a month, then to cons and events.
In the middle but well-accessorized
Just regular things I do in normal clothes unless I'm going somewhere special.
Selfies or friends will take sometimes.
Maybe later I'll get the nerve to but I've seen some pretty brutal comments on cgl

>> No.7665659
File: 371 KB, 960x1280, photo (3).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

About a year and a half
I've been meaning to go to a meet for a while but Im always busy.
I will be going to the grand opening of tokyo rebel in nyc so I hope to meet some lovely ladies then!
If Im not going to school or doing something messy, I'm wearing lolita/otome. Depend on how often I go out during the week.
Super casual, never OTT. Im drifting more towards otome by the day.
Just my usual routine. I teach an art class and my kids love seeing my outfits.
Selfies. Also sometimes my mother will take a photo haha. My boyfriend is currently 800 miles away so hes not taking very many photos of me haha
Pic related was shopping at the mall/lunch with a friend. I dress casually like this most of the time.

>> No.7665811

>>7665659
i really like your style anon, it's casual but also very detailed and well-balanced, oh and you're really pretty too!

>> No.7665975

On and off for about 8 years (did mori girl and dolly kei for a bit)
> FOREVER ALONE lolita by choice or otherwise?
I live over an hour away from the active comm. The mods don't plan meets because the comm is too huge so everyone fends for themselves aka cliques
Maybe once or twice a month for small meets or hanging with friends and at cons
Casual/average for meets, more OTT for cons
cradle my brand as I cry myself to sleep
Selfies and outfit snaps that waste space on my phone
nope.aviexejpgswf

>> No.7668307

>>7665659
Anon I love that shirt! Where is it from?

>> No.7668342

>>7665085
>Within the next month, hopefully I'll be posting a coord on CoF, but I'd rather not post to 4chan.

>Ita detected

>> No.7668480

>>7665811
Thank you, you're so sweet!

>>7668307
Its sooo cute, it's by ETC. I have it in brown as well.

>> No.7669549

Since 2008

By choice. There are two comms in my area, but I'm an older lolita and I find it slightly difficult connecting to the younger girls that frequent meets. Also, the closest comm doesn't have meets often. I think they mostly stick with individual hangouts with friends these days.

Just about every other weekend. Older lolita means oldfag responsibilities. I try to wear it as much as I can when I have some free time.

Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just lounging around the house I stick with a simple skirt, cute blouse, and little to no accessories. I usually go ott for meet up, conventions, or fancy hang outs with friends.

I usually hangout with my normal friends. We are all foodies so I'm always attending local food events, wine tastings, or just visiting area restaurants. If not that then I also attend burlesque shows in lolita, concerts, festivals, and plays. Pretty much whatever I want to do. If I feel like dressing up I will.

Not really. I try to take photos of my outfits at con, but for the most part I'm too busy enjoying the moment to be worried about getting a photo. I do post coord pictures to my tumblr page once in a while.

>> No.7669558

>>7665085
>Within the next month, hopefully I'll be posting a coord on CoF, but I'd rather not post to 4chan.
Don't worry, it'll get here anyway

>> No.7669601
File: 406 KB, 945x1389, 12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7661719

A little over a year now.

Nah, there aren't many other Lolitas near me, and I wasn't friends with anyone who wore Lolita. We have a comm here, so every 3 month maybe I go to a meet up, and I recently met a girl at Uni who is into Lolita too, but she doesn't wear it outside of meet ups. So for now I mostly wear it on my own.

Depends on my mood and what activities I have planned. Usually 3-4 times a month; now that it's summer though, a little less. I don't want to sweat all over my clothes and my wardrobe isn't fully summer-ready yet. Also my wardrobe in general isn't big enough to wear it out as often as I want to , but I am working on that!

When I loli alone, I usually wear casual and towned down Classic. I only dress up a little mor OTT when I go to special events or meet ups.

Go to University, meet with friends, go to the cinema, eating in a nice restaurant, ecetera.

I have to take autotime selfies. I don't have a boyfriend and I don't want to bother my friends with takong a dozen pictures of my outfit.

Well, I'll bite. This is my last outfit from this week, where I dressed up for my birthday to go to Uni. I had three people ask me if I was a bride and going to my wedding, haha.

>> No.7669982

>>7665335
OP here. I'm pretty budget loli so I eat like a hobo. Every time I eat at a cafe or restaurant, I sacrifice like 1/10 the cost of a dress? so I eat at unclassy hobo places instead. In fact if I go for a concert I will end up having street food for dinner anyway, and everyone will stare at me, not because they think lolita is weird, but they are wondering why the hell is this dressy girl eating and this sloppy joint instead of a fancy restaurant.

Not only am I a lone loli I am also a lone mortal. Don't have much friends to hang out with. My few friends don't request I not wear lolita, but I know they feel awkward about the attention it gets. I'm finding it harder and harder to even just get out of my house, much less wear lolita. I think my problem is that, the places I go out to, just don't feel lolita appropriate at all. I could wear nice j-fashion stuff and blend in with normies but my lolita feels so neglected.

Recently I started feeling envious of lolis who have photos of themselves they can look back at, it kind of sucked that I had none. I'm a little put at ease knowing the other lone lolis out there don't take photos of themselves too. Thanks guys.

>> No.7669997

>>7669982
I always wonder about this. Why have an elegant Lolita wardrobe and never go to the places that do it justice? It's not just you, some other Lolitas are very frugal when going out but truthfully, I think it partially defeats the purpose of having lovely elegant clothes and style if you don't at least sometimes go to lovely elegant places wearing them. The lifestyle is important to me too though and I would be wearing pretty western dresses to the same kinds of places if I hadn't gotten into Lolita.

>> No.7670001

>>7669982
>I'm pretty budget loli so I eat like a hobo. Every time I eat at a cafe or restaurant, I sacrifice like 1/10 the cost of a dress? so I eat at unclassy hobo places instead.
Oh god this is me hahah.
Not only do restaurants cost more, you have to sit and wait, and then you have to tip them on top of that.
On the rare times I do eat out, I only go to grab&go places.
If you see a lolita sitting in a train station scarfing grocery store riceballs and a banana, it's me.

>> No.7670018

>>7669982
I can feel your feels! I hardly go out with friends also because i struggle to get new friends being me asocial and also no lolita meets here, so the point of buying more elegant or OTT stuff is useless for me. I suck also at doing pics of me! My wardrobe currently consist of only casual AP pieces with prints and not printed and not lolita at all rather fairy kei. I'm building my lolita wardrobe and it's hard to find printed or non printed stuff that is not too elegant or full of rich details. Maybe i should wear lolita at home sometimes when i'm doing nothing that could damage the clothes.

>> No.7670059

>>7669997
OP again, anon you're not wrong at all. But when it boils down to a choice of whether you have your frills or a nice place to be frilly in, and you can only choose one...well.

I get it that Lolita is an expensive hobby, but my spending power is lower than the average of all lolitas. So I save longer for a brand dress for example. I feel more satisfaction from wearing the dress than eating some fancy place. If I go to a restaurant just because it looks good with lolita, I really feel the pinch lol and I don't enjoy myself because the guilt trigger in me is pounding at my mind all the time
>anon, this is expensive anon
>anon, this meal just cost you a shipping fee for a fromjapan order
>anon what are you doing with your money
>anon you should be saving for your loli instead
>anon this meal costs 10 times the cost of your hobo meal

>>7670001
if i see you ever, we could buy the bigger set of riceballs, split the cost and share, because it's cheaper that way. i'll totally jump on that chance.

>>7670018
>consist of only casual AP pieces with prints and not printed and not lolita at all rather fairy kei
anon you are the pastel kawaii version of me

>> No.7670090
File: 105 KB, 540x960, sdagdshsdgerfea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

on and off for about 3 years now
somewhat by choice i guess. the nearest comm is about 350 miles away from me
any time that i actually go out for more than a quick errand i guess, but with how much i work thats not too often.
very casual, id feel a little ridiculous going around by myself in OTT
shopping, going out with friends, pretty average activities
most photos i have are selfies but i dont make it a point to document every single outfit or outing
only good/recent pic ive really got, sorry

>> No.7670322
File: 132 KB, 500x667, tumblr_n3e19p4tPA1qlaob6o2_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7661719
>>7661719
Since I was 15 (2010)

By choice, there's a comm in my area that's active, but I don't.. I dunno. I'm just not interested.

A few times a month.

I wear pretty simple classic most of the time. Solid colors usually, if it's print usually it's floral or stripes.

I usually go places with my boyfriend or my friends. Like shopping, movies, out to eat. I took a couple lolita dresses with me when I went on a Disney Cruise and wore them around the ship and to dinner and what not.

Honestly, I almost rarely get the chance to photograph my outfits. Most of them go un pictured. But I also don't like the way I look in most pics.

Sure, here we go. It's one of my favorite dresses (Innocent World)

>> No.7670329

2 years
Choice. I'm the only one crazy enough to spend money on nice clothes. My roommate kind got into it though and bought a dress.
Few times a month, the past year it's been hard cause of the jobs I've had.
I'm a good medium. Not a fan of OTT (on me, personally). I also wear otome-kei
hmm.. shopping in the city, go on walks downtown, outing with friends.
no.. i have really low self esteem especially when it comes to photos. i never fully mastered the "selfie" its so fucking hard to get the perfect smile
i literally don't have anything since i always forget to take pictures (i get too nervous to use public mirrors too), but have a picture of a dress i USED to have

>> No.7670332
File: 333 KB, 495x500, DSC01166.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7670329
? dropped pic i guess

>> No.7670337

>>7670001
I honestly can't do this. I'd have so much extra money if I could.

One of the reasons I have a small wardrobe is because I just fucking love going out to eat and staying at nice hotels and stuff. I travel a lot and I always spend a ton on food, because I literally will go to 3 sit down meals a day. I can't stand eating on the go.

I dunno. Chilling in a cozy cafe with a nice meal and a cup of tea or coffee is just one of my favorite things in life.

>> No.7670341

3 years i think?
im scared to talk to my comm
every time if ill be out all day
i dont do either i think casual lolita is ugly
cry
i dont take pictures of my outfits

>> No.7670359

>>7668342
>k.

>>7669558
Yeah, you're probably right. Hopefully posted because people think it's cute, not because people don't like it.
Either way, I'd rather not post my face on 4chin directly. I feel like that's just jinxing myself.

>> No.7670776

>>7670332
I really love this JSK. What made you decide to sell it?

>> No.7670834

>>7670059
I have black and pink items mostly but i hope to get red AP stuff too sooner or later! I just hope i can create with the help of someone else a lolita comm, i'm getting bored of not having specific reasons to wear lolita and not being able to wear OTT stuff.

>> No.7670841

>>7670776
I wasn't in love with it like I thought.. It was also a rough time for me so I needed the money. I sold it for a pretty good price $200 +shipping

>> No.7670856

Known about the fashion for about ten years, only started buying pieces about a year ago.

I have only seen one lolita in the city I live in, so there aren't really any around. I should have said hi to her, but it was right before I started buying pieces. Also, I'm almost 25, so I was probably much older than her and it would have been weird. Although she did look self conscious and it might have made her feel better for someone to recognize the fashion.

I don't travel to meet ups because I'm socially shy and I fucking loathe driving.

Pretty rarely because I'm a shut in and I work long hours. Also my current apartment is a cramped, dark mess that makes it difficult to get done up. I'm planning to wear it more when I move to a larger one with tons of natural light later this month.

I wear classic inspired otome, so it's pretty tame and looks like I just enjoy fancy/ cutesy shit.

Normal going out around downtown with my SO.

Too insecure to take selfies. SO does give input on outfits and things I decide to buy though.

Lol

>> No.7671185

>>7670856
why lol about posting a pic?

>> No.7671223

>>7661719
Bought my first full outfit about 4 years ago, so I guess 4 years.

A bit of both. I have a weird work schedule (third shift and weird days) that doesn't allow for meet-up days and I do just like to dress up and hang out with my normalfag friends.

1-2 nights a week

I don't do casual. I've never really tried. But I don't do really OTT either. I wear mostly classic with sweet peppered in.

Game nights, trivia, hang out/eat/bars, hang out at people's houses, nothing really super exciting, but still fulfilling socially to me

My boyfriend would take pictures if I asked. But I actually don't take pictures of my outfits, except maybe very rarely.

sorry I don't really take pictures

>> No.7671610

>>7670337
Same here, anon. I passed on brand releases in favor of traveling and fancy outings.
Everyone has their priorities, I suppose.

>> No.7671623

>>7671610
well for a budget loli, i think it's passing on the chance to buy a taobao or secondhand burando, not passing on brand releases...

>> No.7671648

>>7671623
Yeah, but I guess it comes down to something similar! If I blow my money on a trip, there's no room for taobao either, usually.

>> No.7671777

>>7669997
I think its embarrassing to show up at ghetto and low class places in elegant clothing.

>> No.7671779

>>7671777
To add on; japanese lolitas dine at fancy or nice places in lolita according to their blogs.

>> No.7671782

>>7671777
That's kind of what I was hinting at but to each their own, I guess. I wouldn't like dressing like a princess and hanging out in the street or at the combini, I don't even like to go to most of the freebie stuff some meetup groups plan, very common. Nope.

And in before 'snob', that's just me and others surely will feel differently, rightfully so. Their Lolita style isn't for me and mine's not for them.

>> No.7671785

>>7671623
Well, if I didn't have lovely places to wear Lolita, likely it wouldn't dress in it, but if I wasn't wearing Lolita, I'd be wearing another stylish thing, and cocktail dresses a couple of times a week so it's a fun stand-in for those, and more unique way of dressing for things I already attend. I don't wear a whole lot of casual clothing except exercise wear to the gym.

>> No.7671786

>>7671782
I agree with you. I dont go to most meets because its embarrassing to be seen with many lolitas (creating a scene, drawing attention) esp. When most dont dress well.

>> No.7671789

>>7671786
We have a little subgroup who kind of feels this way and likes to spend a little more often to go do nicer activities and attend events that cost a little more, nothing terribly extravagant, tea room, the ballet, etc. It's griped about in the main group, of course but everyone knows it's to keep itas, weebs and those who gripe over cost at bay. Lolita isn't a democracy. Other comms do this as well.

>> No.7671795

>>7671789
To make things easier i just go by myself, with the boyfriend or family. I dont care toomuch about having a part in local community although it would be nice to have someone to talk to about the fashion. Someone that meets my standard of dress if not better. I know i come off snobbish, but I just want a fellow lolita that knows how to dress decently because dressing properly makes the clothes less of a laughable ordeal. Also a plus if they dont act "edgy".
Inb4 "are you looking for someone to marry"

>> No.7671805

>>7671795
It took one girl making the alt group and hand picking who to invite, less than 1/4 of the main comm easily though. Of course she got hate, a couple of secrets made in BTB, some snarky comments but in the end, it died down and the 2 groups co-exist with a little friendly crossover and no one is still visibly butt-mad. Well maybe one but no one in the main comm even likes her.

>> No.7672021

>>7671795
I agree with this. The girls in my comm seem nice and all, but they do lame things and most of them are badly dressed.

I don't want to be seen with a group where 75% of the people look like slobs in eye catching clothing. Embarrassing!

>> No.7674068

>>7671782
>I wouldn't like dressing like a princess and hanging out in the street or at the combini
This is the issue I have conflicting feelings about. On one hand lolita is just a fashion so I might just end up popping buy 7-11 to pick something up, as I would in normalfag clothes. On the other hand lolita looks fancy as shit and I know it's just dumb to go to sloppy places with it. Sometimes I decide I don't care. Sometimes I decide to care.

>> No.7674429

I have some lolita stuff for a few years but started to buy more and get more into it since this year.
A bit of both. I'm a bit too shy to join a comm, but I'm not into meeting up with people either (especially if I'm not familiar with the people coming).
Whenever I feel like it, sometimes to school
I wear casual most of the time since I'm still building my lolita closet and don't have a lot of pieces to go full OTT.
Not a lot, I go shopping sometimes but I don't have a standard routine.
I take mirror shots
I rather not, I want more pieces and a coord where I'm fully happy about before I ever post a picture of myself on cgl.

>> No.7676934
File: 2.17 MB, 2448x3264, 0722132332.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7661719
3 or 4 years. Learned about it in '04.
It depends on the day. I lone it when I go to school so that's otherwise, but sometimes by choice.
eh, 3-4 times a month right now. Used to be 7-8, but it's balls hot
I never do casual. I actually can't stand casual lolita and think it looks hideous. When I'm lone, I don't do OTT often, but I'm never boring.
Going to the cupcake/macaron places, sewing, going to the park, taking pictures, whatever else I feel like.
I forget mostly. I have a boyfriend who is actively trying to learn to take better pics so i can take pics of my outfits.
school girl coord i wore to school lel

>> No.7685128

bump

>> No.7689303

>>7661719
>How long have you been a lolita
About a year and a half, although I've been wearing J-Fashion a lot longer
>Lone lolita by choice or otherwise?
Not by choice. I've met lolitas from other cities, but there are basically non ein my city. I say basically because I know one other girl who wears it, but she seems ghetto as fuck, wears OTT replica sweet with her tattoos and piercings and trashy makeup, and despite this I had tried to make friends with her but she barely talked to me and then deleted me off Facebook the other day. She made a bunch of posts in the pasts about how she wanted loli friends and to get other people into it, but I think she just likes anything that will make her seem special and doesn't want to be upstaged.
>How often you wear lolita out
I try to go full loli once a week or so, I wear a lot of casual loli though, and otome.
>How casual/OTT do you get
I usually only go OTT for conventions or random events if I'm itchin'.
>What activities you do as a lone lolita
Normal people activities.
>Do you take selfies or do you have a nice boyfriend to help you with documenting outfits?
Both.