[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 785 KB, 1400x1976, 15022_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7617086 No.7617086[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Old one is on sage
>>>>7596385

>> No.7617255

I'm personally trying out the Verso line to see if I can diminish my dark circles and just make my skin better in general. I'll be updating as I use it for the next few days or so.

>> No.7619164

>>7617086
bump

>> No.7622349

Hello. Will bb creme cover facial hair? Let's say the dark areas on your upper lip or on your chin after a close shave, for example.

>> No.7622533

>>7622349
It depends which brand. Most BB creams are medium coverage so no, it won't.
I highly suggest you invest in a primer and a good cream concealer or foundation for that area.
Liquids will stick to that area.

>> No.7623614
File: 88 KB, 934x1024, japanese-short-hairstyles-2013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Because of a bad haircut, I'm going to try and salvage it by doing one of the short-haired Japanese cuts. Something like this maybe.

My question is, how do I start? It seems so fluffy for one thing. For another, I know that it needs to be layered, too, but I don't have the right kind of scissors either.

>> No.7623640

Can anyone give some advice on how to not look like garbage without my glasses?

Maybe I'm seeing myself differently since I've had them for so long or something, but I just think I look so bad without them. I wnted to get contacts for cosplay, but I can't bring myself to do it.

>> No.7624279

I have a powder foundation that I really like and I have a touche éclat-like thing.
What should I put first ?

>> No.7627833

What are some ways to reduce/get rid of acne scars? I had some pretty fuckin awful acne as a teenager so I've got these scars on my jawline, specifically in the area under my ears.

I've had friends suggest facial masks, but I've never used one before so I don't even know where to start.

>> No.7627837

>>7624279
Generally it's liquid stuff -> powder stuff, because putting liquid on over powder usually doesn't work out well especially if you need to blend it.

>> No.7627844
File: 69 KB, 599x433, My Beauty Diary Mask 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Face mask recommendations? Do you prefer the serum-soaked cloths or clay-based masks? Looking for recs for any and all skin types/issues.

>> No.7627846

>>7627844
A close friend of mine looks obsessively for the collagen masks for youth retaining properties.

>> No.7627847

Is it that bad a sin to use a little sliver of scotch tape as eyelid tape...I can't imagine it being much more noticeable than the real thing.

Then again I've never used the real thing so if anyone can recommend a name that's be great.

>> No.7627856

Does anyone have any advice for people who can't wear contacts and have to see to put on makeup? Do I just avoid the eyes because I can't see to do them properly?

>> No.7627869

>>7627833
Try a mandelic acid peel. You can buy them from makeupartistschoice and save money by not going to a derm.

>> No.7627874

>>7627844
Queen Helene mint julep masque, I got mine from iherb and daaaaaamn

>> No.7627890

>>7627833
The face masks with snail extracts are supposed to help! Try those.

>> No.7628072

Hey /ceeg/, what are the major differences between pressed and loose powders? I just want something for light oil control after a long day and that silky looking finish.

>> No.7628099

Does anyone have experience with eyelash extensions? I'm trying to figure out if my little bit of pain around my eyelid is due to my eyes being sensitive, or something else. They say it may be too much glue or too close, but when I look in the mirror they look proper, and they look like it's one extension per eyelash. I just can't figure it out!

>> No.7628245

>>7627847

I found this video pretty useful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE8rRpFXFHY

>> No.7628262

>>7628072
The biggest difference between loose and pressed powders is how it will cover. Pressed will give you more coverage but loose is more sheer and will provide a more natural look. Pressed is best if you're trying to cover up redness and sheer is best for evening out a complexion. I hope that helps! [Also, powder lessens the chance of cake facing]

>> No.7628304

>>7628072
I heard loose is good for fixing foundation whereas pressed is for touch ups throughout the day.

>> No.7628378

>>7628245
Thanks! I'm gonna look for the first method, as it seems it'd work best for me not being asian but a whitey with one droopy eyelid.

>> No.7628394

can anybody here recommend a good way or product to bleach skin?

>> No.7628437

>>7628394
Papaya soaps have worked pretty well for me.

But is usually just to make my tan go away and go back to my original skin color. Idk if it would work on a naturally dark person

>> No.7628543

>>7622349
Most likely: no. BB cream is not made to be very full coverage. If you want something that will actually cover stuff up I would go with a liquid foundation.
>>7623640
Its just you not being used to it. I wore glasses every day for years before getting contacts and it was a bit to get used to.
>>7624279
like the other person said go liquid then powder. the liquid would just smear around and destroy the powder you put on and make it pointless. Plus the powder can be used to set the liquid and make it look better.
>>7627847
I do makeup professionally and I still use scotch tape. Might not be the perfect thing but it wont harm you unless youve got really sensitive skin
>>7627856
What I do is I have a good sized circular mirror that I place on the edge of my counter and I sit in a chair in front of it. That way you can get as close as needed to be able to see. my mirror looks like this:http://st.houzz.com/simgs/e761dc880cffd8bd_4-1000/contemporary-makeup-mirrors.jpg
(make sure it has a light in it or the mirror can block you other light and make it difficult

>> No.7628558

>>7617086
Ive done makeup professionally for multiple different types of events and have a pretty good amount of knowledge about the subject so anyone with questions can reply to this and if I have a good answer then I will reply to the best of my ability!

>> No.7628573
File: 17 KB, 300x300, magnifying mirror.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7627856
There's so much you can do about bad vision, but I have pretty bad astigmatism and I found a magnifying mirror to be my way to go. Mine is 5x, but my mom's is 3x and works fine as well. If you get one with a backlight that's even better.

>> No.7628582

Can I sell some makeup here or does that go in the BST thread?

>> No.7628703

>>7628437
thank you.
I'm not naturally tan anyway, so it should be fine.
is there ny specific brand you would recommend or is anything fine, as long as it contains papaya?

>> No.7629082

>>7628703
Not the same anon but I've heard Likas' papaya soap works well.

>> No.7629325
File: 23 KB, 508x112, Photo on 6-6-14 at 2.44 PM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey guys,
Sorry for selfposting, but I'm wondering about Koji Dolly Wink false eyelashes. They're all so adorable! Which would work for me though? No.1 or No.2?

>> No.7629354

>>7617086
Can someone post a scan that was posted a couple of months ago, where it guided how to contour and do natural make up.

>> No.7629936

has anyone tried putting castor oil on their brows to help them grow in thicker and fuller? did it work?

>> No.7631421
File: 14 KB, 236x304, honey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm trying a two week raw honey face wash thing to help with acne/dry skin. Am I an idiot or am I on the right path?

>> No.7631427

Suggestions for winter skincare?

I've got moisturiser and body lotion that work well for dry skin there, but cannot for the life of me find anything that helps rid me of this horrible, flakey, dry, itchy scalp. No shampoo/conditioner has helped, and obviously I can't slather it with lotion like I can my hands or knees.

It only happens in winter. The rest of the year, I'm fine and flake free.

>> No.7632649

>>7631427
Get your self some Neutrogena TGel Shampoo and maybe Conditioner! (I know you said you've tried other shampoos but give this one a last shot; otherwise this is in the hands of a dermatologist.) I had REALLY bad flaking this winter and was recommended by the salon I go to to try it. Within 2-3 weeks it cleared up my flaking.

Just know you have to keep it on your scalp for a few minutes when it's really bad and may have to repeat it the first few times.

>> No.7633422

>>7632649
I'll try to get my hands on it. Thanks, anon.

I tried a few boutique brands my salon suggested, but they didn't do squat.

>> No.7634172

>>7627833
try to find out the type of skin you have; it's Dry, Sensitive or Normal, etc and find products that work on lightening it.
If it's just discoloration, it won't be hard to fix. Find a product that says "Lightening" and caters to your skin type. So Lightening for Dry Skin, Lightening for Sensitive Skin, etc.
Stay away from acidic products, when acid hits sunlight it will burn causing the skin to get even darker.

If you have elevated scars or sunken scars, you will have to consult your dermatologist. Over the counter stuff won't always work as your natural Ph levels might alter the outcome.

>>7627847
I'd stay away from it, Scotch tape has chemicals that are unsafe for consumption. If they are unsafe for consumption, they are more harmful to your eyes than to your stomach since our eyes are very delicate.
It might be convenient, but don't risk it. Use eyelid glue or actual eyelid tape, it's safer.

>>7628394
If you are tan or darker, there is no safe way to do it. Only way you can go lighter is by chemical bleach.
But if you are just slightly tan, I highly suggest looking up Glutathione. It is very popular in Asia and comes in forms of Pills, Creams and even injections. It also has great benefits that come with it other than whitening.

>>7629936
I have tried it and though my brows didn't grow more strands of hair, the very fine strands of hair I have on my eyebrows did grow thicker after doing it for weeks. So I'd say give it a go.

>>7631421
For dry skin it will work wonderfully. I highly suggest it to anyone with any skin type.
However, as for acne treatment it might not work. It will depend on the type of acne you have. If it's Hormonal, Cystic, or anything that is internal, it won't work.
It will only work on environmental acne, meaning breakouts from the elements and bacteria.

>> No.7634196

>>7617086
Woah for once a magazine makeup tutorial doesn't look exactly the same as all of the other ones!

>> No.7634203

What color lipstick should I look for if Im pale and dont want my teeth to look yellow?

>> No.7634267

>>7634203
This is relevant to my interests. Not sure about anon who asked, but I'm quite warm-toned.

>> No.7634358

Today I bought two MAC lipsticks. They are best lipsticks ever. Like ever ever. I'm never going to buy different lipsticks.

>>7634203
You should go with cold red, darker shade.

>> No.7635889

How the bloody fuck do I get rid of chin acne? Its getting to a pig disgusting level and its nowhere else on my face. I've started eating lots of fruits and veggies the past 2 weeks but no change really.

>> No.7635894

>>7622349
Listen, girl, get an epilator. It's painful as FUCKKKK but suddenly, you don't have a five o' clock shadow anymore. At least for a few days, then the cycle begins anew. But it's worth it!

>> No.7635918

>>7635889
If it's only on your chin, I suggest you check up with an Endocrinologist.
It is most likely due to hormones.
Fruits and Veggies may help balance your Endocrine levels, it will take longer than 2 weeks and it won't drastically reduce your chin acne.

There are products to get rid of hormonal acne, I've heard great things about Obagi Clenziderm MD and Dermalogica, however the results will only last for so long if the source is not treated directly.

>>7634203
>>7634267
For any skin tones, generally go for a lipstick with blue undertones such as cool red and plums. It has to be at least slightly darker than your lips, deep colors work better. It wont make your teeth look whiter, just brighter and less yellow.

>> No.7636699

>>7635894
Not the person you're replying to, but what kind of epilator would you suggest?

I see one for 100 bucks and one for 35 bucks on Amazon.

>> No.7636709

>>7635894
>>7622349
I have super sensitive skin so I can't use those, but if you don't have a lot there's these fine sandpaper sheets that makes them finer or shaves them off.

>> No.7636739

>>7628437
>>7634172
Different anon, and perhaps this is a ridiculous question, but I have a fair skin tone, "porcelain ivory" in most western brands. I also have very cool undertones, and it makes my body look blotchy and generally uneven even though I have no other skin issues. Would lightening work to solve this? I feel like I need to go either slightly darker or slightly lighter, and lighter might be easier to maintain throughout the year.

>> No.7636752

>>7636709
More info on these ? I have light facial hair but it bothers me a lot and I don't want to bother with shaving / epilating often in order to avoid stubble.

>> No.7636859

>>7634203
Peach/ pinky with orange undertones will mute the yellow and looks good on pale skin too.

>> No.7636938

>>7636752
Search "hair removal buffer pads" on Amazon. I used these on my legs a number of years ago, and they actually worked really well, it's basically just really fine sandpaper. I got a little overzealous and scraped away some of my skin though, and I never thought to look it up again until now. They're pretty cheap, worth a shot. I'll probably even try them again.

>> No.7636948
File: 244 KB, 308x511, panasonic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7636699
not them either but I really like the panasonic one, it's between 90-100 on amazon. It's got a nice razor head for in between when you don't feel like epilating.

>> No.7636960

>>7623614
If your hair is fluffy it will need straightening and hair product to look like that. You will need to thin it out at the bottom or possibly all over, and you can create feathering with a razor. You should probably go to a salon for this shit unless you're really confident with doing your own hair, and it doesn't sound like you are.

>> No.7636964

>>7636699
I have Philips Satinelle Ice Premium. Paid out the ass for it, but dang it's a good investment.
It comes with this attachment foot that you put in the fridge and the gel inside it freezes and cools your skin down when you epilate so it hurts less. Washes easily, too. Did my vag with it, was pretty cash.

>> No.7636968

Essence Cosmetics has only recently been available in my area, and I was thinking of trying some products because the prices are so darn tempting. Anything you guys would recommend? I'd like to know about mascaras in particular, there are so many and it's overwhelming having to pick. Also I know the eye shadows are mostly hit and miss so I'll be avoiding them, anything else I should know?

>> No.7636971

>>7629325
Either! I like the shape of no. 1 though.

>> No.7636982

>>7636968
I love their maximum definition volume mascara.

>> No.7636997

>>7636982
The one in the orange tube? I was thinking about picking that one up actually, I think the colour attracted my attention

>> No.7637078

>>7636699
My family has stuck with Braun epilators for 20+ years and I think that says enough. We've tried out other brands (Philips, Rowenta,etc) but all four of us always come back to Braun whenever the others broke down. Right now each one of us owns different versions of the Silk-Épil 7, I have the Wet&Dry and it works really well.

>> No.7637187

I just tried a sample of RCMA foundation and I love it, but holy fuck is a full thing expensive for my tiny budget.

Any other cream foundations that are around 10 or 12 dollars and have a similar effect?

>> No.7637246

>>7636997
Yeah, that's the one.

>> No.7637674
File: 257 KB, 1600x1200, photo-34[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How should I be applying blusher to make me cheeks look fuller/rounder? I have a very European face - High cheekbones that are just.. Flat at the front? I like that plump, appley sort of a shape.

What do?

>> No.7637790

>>7617086
Whats going on in steps 6, 7 & 9?

Also what is she using to apply the blush?

>> No.7637793

>>7637674
Apply the blush closer to the front of your face, rather than along the side like most modern fashion mags tell you to do. That usually is to help people achieve the more gaunt, slim look.

>> No.7637845

>>7632649
Found someone who stocks it. Going to be trying it tonight before bed. Hopefully, I see a bit of improvement soon!

>> No.7638142

>>7637790
I think she actually has the blush pot pressed to her cheek which to me s a bit odd. Maybe she blends it out with her fingers after? It seems like a light blush so. With regards to the other pictures I think she's adding a lighter colour under the eye and the gold colour. In 9 it could be a highlighter above the blush

>> No.7638340

>>7636739
Lightening wouldn't solve redness and neither will tanning.
Well, if it's just general redness, meaning it's not a skin disease or a medical problem, then maybe a systemic inflammation diet might help.
Or try to relieve heat from the body as much as possible, by cooling down, avoiding spicy food, alcohol and hot drinks.

Other than dieting, there is the cosmetic rout. Body makeup and spray tanning.
Spray tanning may help, just as long as you are sure that the tan is yellow-based, a lot of tanners are orange based.

>>7637187
Coastal Scents would be the cheapest alternative, their concealer palettes are good enough to be worn as cream foundation if you blend it out properly.
If you can dish out a couple of extra dollars, Ben Nye would be a great alternative.

But I really do suggest to opt for RCMA or Kett, their cream foundations are the best and you get a ton of product compared to everything else. Their pigmentation is also very opaque, meaning you need less product.

>>7637674
To make it look fuller, I suggest you do what the girl in OP's picture is doing.
You can use the smiling method, that usually works to make your cheeks look fuller.

>> No.7638865

>>7636968
The gel eyeliner in Midnight Noir (or something I forgot the color) is supposed to be amazing

>> No.7638899

>>7634267

I'm pale and yellow-toned, and I really like using lip stains in orange shades. I usually layer Skin Food Tomato Jelly Tint in the orange with a little bit of TonyMoly Cat Chu Wink Tint in orange.

>> No.7639300
File: 182 KB, 583x594, big ol nose.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think this belongs in here as opposed to the lolita general but I'm not entirely sure.

Is my hairstyle and hair... quality(?) appropriate for lolita? Or am I better off getting a wig? I've seen so many coords ruined by bad hair and I'm scared I'll fall victim to that as well. It's got flyaways, but for the most part it's shiny and healthy.

Sorry about the bow+emo band shirt, I was trying to see how my make up would match with La Traviata.

>> No.7639313

>>7638899
My lips are naturally pretty red and I want paler lips for cosplaying, would you recommend that kind?

>> No.7639326

>>7639300
I think your hair looks very cute and definitely works for lolita. It's hard to say whether that cut is good for your face since you blurred it out, but you can do a lot with you hair at that length. I would recommend curling it or adding some volume though to balance out whatever headwear you are going with.

>> No.7639352

>>7639326
Sorry, I'm really self-conscious about my nose 'cause it's disgustingly wide no matter how much contouring I try to do. It's getting to the point where I'm kind of worried I'm genuinely too ugly for lolita.

Volume definitely sounds like a good idea since my hair is naturally kind of wavy. Never tried curling before, to be honest, but I kind of want to try. Thanks, anon!

>> No.7639358

>>7617086
Wish I was perf qt like in op's pic. I only have basic makeup skills and a tiny bit of money, but my face is average I feel like so maybe by some miracle I can get gud. Don't know where to start, so I was wondering who your favorite beauty vloggers are?

>> No.7639367
File: 64 KB, 500x522, tumblr_lo41e2l51c1qlev1qo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7639358
Dumping a few makeup tutorials.

>> No.7639370
File: 137 KB, 480x640, MakeUp7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7639367

>> No.7639373
File: 313 KB, 946x1600, pastelfull.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7639370

>> No.7639382

>>7639358
Wayne Goss and Lisa Eldridge are okay, though I do like Wayne more.
Tutorials won't help if you're following the advice of gurus and people who have a different eye/nose/face shape than you, so try to find those that do first. The two I mentioned earlier are good and cover a pretty broad spectrum of facial features, but you might wanna branch out later.

>> No.7639384
File: 720 KB, 1400x1976, tumblr_mn4pp8ruFQ1rzc5nxo7_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7639373

>> No.7639386

>>7639352
Oh don't worry. I have a bulbous nose that is very apparent in profile. The most I can do is contour or just say fuck it and play up my round features (lots of blush on the apples of the cheeks, etc.).

You should be able to get a curling iron for pretty cheap to try it out (make sure to get a heat protectant!), but there are lots of no-heat and cheap ways to curl your hair. Good luck!

>> No.7639387
File: 2.76 MB, 1400x1125, mkera_make.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7639384

>> No.7639981
File: 143 KB, 365x454, livedo_reticularis-1864.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7638340
I'm >>7636739
Maybe "blotchy" was a bad term. It isn't exactly redness, it's appears more like my skin has poor circulation, but only on occasion. On further research, it looks a lot like livedo reticularis, pic related. It tends to happen more often on my legs, but can appear on my torso and arms too. It'll sometimes go away with movement or making the affected part horizontal (vs standing up), but not always. I thought a darker or more even lighter skin tone might help it, but I'd prefer to stay away from spray tanning, if at all possible.

>> No.7639994

>>7627874
I second this. Also this along with a gelatin/milk mask. It will make your face feel like a baby's ass

>> No.7640048

>>7639981
I get that sort of thing a lot too, and I'm also very pale. Since some of my other pale friends have the same problem, I figured it just came with the skin tone. Like your skin is light enough it doesn't hide blood vessels and general redness.

>> No.7640083

How do I stay a cute loli forever?
I'm only 18 and while I'm not disgusting, I wish I was more .. moe? I just want to be cute and young eternally.
I don't have necessarily bad skin [no acne or scarring] but I want to look youthful forever. is there anything I can do to stop myself from aging badly while I'm ahead?
(Sorry for sounding like a retard, I've been watching lots of stupid idol videos and just want to be as kawaii in everyday life)

>> No.7640089

>>7640083
Go back in time.
>watching videos
Oh, if you want to be more/kawaii like in videos you'll need adobe after affects.

>> No.7640093

>>7627844
Naruko. Any mask by them, any product by them. Seriously, I finally got some of their stuff from a recommendation from a thread like this two years ago and I fucking LOVE them.

>> No.7640098

>>7640048
That makes sense. I haven't really seen many people with the same thing, so I was hoping a change in skin tone might help, but if it's more common than I thought, maybe it's not such a huge deal. Thanks anon!

>> No.7640107

>>7640048
>>7640098
Darker, olive skin and I get this as well.
I usually get it when I'm cold.

>> No.7640151

>>7639981
I've looked like that my entire life, anon. Whether I tan or not doesn't really help them disappear. You can be attractive and even internet-popular despite it and don't feel obligated to cover yourself up head-to-toe. If anyone asks why you look like that, tell them you were born that way and nothing is wrong with you. And if they keep on it, tell them to fuck off.

>> No.7640282

>>7640083
Sunscreen and moisturizing daily.

>> No.7640313

>>7640083
Well, the no.1 factor of aging is genes. If you have good genes then you don't have to do much.

However, if your genes are not in your favor, take preventive measures to keep your skin as healthy as you possibly can, especially while you're young.
This includes; Staying hydrated, moisturizing, using sun block, using eye cream, eating healthy, take vitamins that are good for the skin (Vitamin A, B3, C, E, K, Omega 3 and, Anti oxidants), sleeping right, reduce or avoid stress, Exercise often, and so much more.
If you wanna stay youthful forever, it'll take 90% of your time, money and effort. If you really wanna stay youthful for a long time, have botox, young celebrities take botox as young as 12 years old so they look good in their teens and adulthood.
Take it from someone who works in the industry, the thing with idols, models and celebrities is that their look is their money maker, looking good is their job and they invest so much of their time, effort and money into their physical appearance. For 1 picture, it takes 12 hours of preparation and a lifetime of skin treatments.

If you wanna go down that path and have the money to do it, that's awesome. But if you have other engagements, just do the best you can.

>> No.7640403

>>7639981
I'm very pale as well and I get that on my lower arms and legs a lot, mostly when it's cold of I've been sitting still for a long time. It's poor circulation and can happen to anyone but it's just more apparent on us.
If I'm worried about it showing up in photos I make sure to warm up a bit first, either by putting more clothes on or... dancing around a bit.

>> No.7641024

>>7636964
You put an epilator to your vagina?
Dang anon, that's hardcore. I can barely stand doing my armpits.

>> No.7643270

>>7639313

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. The thing about lip tints is generally they don't lighten, only add colour or even darken. If you want paler lips, you're going to have to use a lip concealer or the equivalent and make your lips are VERY well exfoliated and moisturized.

If you want pale lips, I recommend the skinfood tomato jelly one (after concealing, of course)- it's pretty light. The cat chu wink tint is a very strong, darker orange and I only use it for contouring my lips or doing the Korean gradient method.

>> No.7645518

hey does anyone have good tutorials for cosplay makeup targeted for characters who don't wear makeup

>> No.7648063

>>7634172
Ugh... well I live in Europe, so lightening stuff can be rather hard to get...
So the only way for me would be to order stuff from Asia or something, but I wouldn't want to do that without having looked into some reviews first, I just have no idea where to start. Especially since almost every asian product advertises with an "lightening effect" wether they actually lighten your skin or not.
Oh btw, I have normal skin I'd say, can be dry sometimes too though.

>> No.7648447
File: 10 KB, 177x300, maxaxcc-177x300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7648063
Where in Europe? Because I'm in Western Europe and I've been noticing lightening/brightening/dark spot corrector treatments popping up everywhere lately. The advertisements are not as blatant as the ones I saw in Singapore but the products are here, like this MAC primer. I haven't personally tried this one, though.

Look for stuff with arbutin, niacimide, vitamin C, licorice extract, bearberry extract, etc. These are generally good for your skin and have mild (safe!) lightening properties. Also look into chemical exfoliation (e.g. with AHAs) to speed up the brightening effect. And wear SPF, of course.

I get most of my Asian cosmetics from
>www.bbcreamshop.eu/en
which is located in the Netherlands. They have a separate section for whitening products, as well as bb creams. Personally I wouldn't rely on bb creams for whitening and I don't know how effective the other stuff is but it's worth a try.

>> No.7648452

>>7648447
*niacinamide, I mean. Long words are comple-
diffu-
hard. Long words are hard.

>> No.7649884
File: 172 KB, 298x543, product_revitalizing_moisturizer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have anyone tried out the jergen's natural glow daily moisturizer? I'm very pale, almost an alabaster, and going to the beach and trying to tan hasn't been working out so I'm looking for a better way to get a healthy look.

>> No.7649914
File: 23 KB, 438x469, 1343701591320.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7640083
>18
>cute loli

>> No.7650218

Oh gosh, /ceeg/. I needed z new blusher brush because my old one as getting pretty manky (bamboo) so I just grabbed the cheapest kabuki brush I could find and it's fucking amazing. I want to buy ten more and find excuses to use them.

>Should I get a pressed or loose powder?

>> No.7650717

Can anyone tell me how the benefit they're real push-up liner is? I have serious issues with eyeliner pencils and I'm trying to find a good alternative.

>> No.7650821

>>7649884
I've used it, and it works well enough. It can rub on on things, though, if you don't let it dry first.

>> No.7650853

>>7650821
That's what I was worried about, it should be fine though.

>> No.7651054

I'm a very pale girl, and years ago I burnt my face pretty badly, which left me with two big pigment spots on my forehead. Since I'm pale they're very noticeable, and several people have in fact told me to go and wash my dirty face. Can I do anything to get rid of these fuckers?

>> No.7651452

>>7641024
Like I said, the ice pack really makes the difference. Although for some reason I have no problem doing my armpits/other parts of my body, but my face... Tearing up just thinking about it.

>> No.7651919

Could anyone recommend a good foundation brush to use? I've seen a few on sale but I don't know what makes a "good" brush or what the best bargain would be.

>> No.7652008

>>7643270
Damn I get super chapped lips and want to go for the gradient look.

How do I get/keep smooth lips (also bite them because anxiety)?

>> No.7652061

I just recently started a new job where I am active/working out most of the day.

Would anyone have any make-up suggestions that I wont sweat off.
I have been just doing a loose powder all over and minimal mascara. I don't mind not wearing any, just my skin tone is really uneven and acne problems I want to cover.
I was thinking a tinted moisturizer?

>> No.7652093

>>7652061
You will probably sweat that off too, or it'll be so sheer that you'll absorb most of it. I personally uses primer + powder + bb cream and it holds pretty well, just that I need to blot my face when I get too sweaty/oily.

Using a good primer will guarantee (Urban Decay, or even some drugstore ones) that your eyeshadow won't fade. Waterproof liquid or gel liner probably won't budge either. I would recommend going light with undereye makeup (no mascara on the lower lashes, etc.) just in case they smear.

>> No.7652133

Any info on retinol creams? Are they worth it?

>> No.7652541

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAm2xmAgik

>> No.7652605

>>7651054
I don't know but I hope you take that opportunity to make them feel horrible about themselves by telling them what they are.

>> No.7654041
File: 56 KB, 481x511, eyebags.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So sorry for self posting. Just might delete this instantly?? I don't like posting my face on 4chan regardless of the board, but was hoping to get some brutally honest opinions on this and cgl is a good place for that. My friends are too nice to make negative comments on my appearance
It just occurred to me I may not pull off thick brows as well as I think I do. Does it look ridiculous on my face or?? Sorry if this question is incredibly silly
Old neutral selfie because I just got a shit haircut

>> No.7654042

>>7654041
I think you pull them off better than you would thin brows, although a little more shaping wouldn't hurt. You're very pretty though 10/10 would spirit away to lesbian wonderland

>> No.7654044

>>7654041
Your hair's so lovely!
Anyway, I think with a slightly-stronger arch, it'll work. It doesn't look bad as-is, to me anyway,

>> No.7654047

>>7654044
>>7654042
thank you!!
Yeah, I'll work on shaping.

>> No.7654049

>>7654041
I think you would look nice with thinner eyebrows. It would give you a more delicate, marilyn monroe esque look.
Also idk about that haircolor, it looks cheap. It's hard to tell from the photo but you look like a cool tone skin? In which case that golden blonde is doing you any favors
also that necklace has got to go
I know it's a lot but I do think you are very pretty, I just think you could easily be 10/10 with some help

>> No.7654052

>>7654041
I love thicker eyebrows, they frame the face so nicely. Don't ever change anon

>> No.7654056

>>7654041
I think you have a very nice face, Anon. You're very pretty, in my opinion. I think you pull off thick eyebrows just fine. It doesn't really detract from your overall appearance. You seem to have seem to have a natural beauty, I like it.

Just out of curiosity, do you happen have tear troughs/indentations under your eyes?

>> No.7654063

>>7654049
lmao yeah I used to wear that necklace way too often, don't worry that's gone.
my hair is pretty cheap in general I will admit that. at the moment it's a very regretful pink I plan to change soon, what color do you think would look good? You're correct about the cool skin tone.

>> No.7654083

>>7654052
>>7654056
thank you both!

had to google tear indentiations. I don't have anything physically under my eyes, whatever bags you see are natural

>> No.7654116

BB cream recommendations? I'm completely lost. Skin type is normal with occasional flare ups of oily or dry (generally weather related). I have very little acne, gargantuan pores, and a very fair complexion. Looking for light to medium coverage, decent SPF, and isn't going to make me break out.

>> No.7654990

I just noticed my elbows have gotten really dry and DARK and I have a con in two weeks, sos 'gulls!

>> No.7655017

>>7654116
It's Skin Babyface, Holika Holika petit bb and Skinfood Mushroom BB have been good for me.

>> No.7655077

looking for help, i've been wearing mascara a little more often than i'm used to and whenever i shower at least 1-2 eyelashes will come off on my fingers??? is it just the brand i'm using or does all mascara have this eyelash-shedding effect?

>> No.7655086

>>7655077
Take it off with makeup remover before a shower instead?

>> No.7655094

>>7655086
tried that, it just comes off on the wipe instead. i'm thinking i should just buy new mascara maybe?

>> No.7655095

>>7655094
"it" being the eyelashes, that was stupid

>> No.7655101

>>7655094
>>7655095
You can try that, but I can't recommend anything.

Just make sure you take it off with makeup remover and go at least 1 day a week without mascara.

>> No.7655210

Are there any drugstore alternatives to dermablend? I need something heavy duty to cover dark circles and scars on my face, but I'm too scared to buy dermablend online and accidentally buy the wrong shade.

If it helps, I use Covergirl's Clean Whipped Creme Foundation in Ivory 205. It works okay but I need something better.

>> No.7655384
File: 312 KB, 1196x439, Untitled-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been seeing commercials for this pretty frequently (and they're hilarious) but are they seriously marketing a mascara that just clumps like mad on purpose?

>> No.7655425

I get stubble along my sideburns and chin/neck from shaving every morning and a lot of foundations I have are just too liquidy and thin to cover it. Any suggestions for thicker and heavier foundations to cover up with?

>> No.7655438

>>7655077
Are you scrubbing at the mascara to get it off?

>> No.7655445

>>7655384
It doesn't clump like that unless you do 2-3+ layers, otherwise I really like it. I managed to get a tube on clearance for $3 though so that may also be why I like it. It's not the greatest but I like it more than my other drug store mascara

>> No.7655473

>>7655425
Have you tried using primer as well? It's help to know which foundations you've tried

>>7652133
Depends what you get. I've heard the Paula's choice ones are pretty good for fine lines and pigmentation.

>>7652061
I use a really chalky primer on my forehead and nose with the Revlon 24hr colorstay (combination skin) if I know I'm going to be working out/active/sweating but want to wear makeup anyway. Feels like hell to put my makeup on but it certainly goes nowhere

>>7652008
Drink lots of water, use lip balm liberally, use a lip scrub once a day.

>> No.7655498

>>7655473
I've never used primer before. My foundations are basically cheap, the one I have now is ELF brand. I use that and some ELF powder over it.

>> No.7655611

>>7655438
no, i just take my thumb and forefinger and kinda gently slide them along each section of lashes. the mascara comes off all right, but lashes keep coming with it. i was sorta freaked out cause, well, i'd rather not lose lashes as a consequence of wearing mascara.

>> No.7655613

>>7655611
You really shouldn't be doing that..

I think Almay makes a makeup remover just for lash care from mascara. Try that.

>> No.7655618

>>7655613
alright, i might try that then. thanks for the advice, i figured i was doing something wrong but wasn't quite sure.

>> No.7655683

>>7655618
I lose an eyelash or two a day, so maybe they're lashes that were supposed to come out, but were stuck on by the mascara and fell off when you removed it.

>> No.7657051

>>7650717
It's got a tendency to be quite dry and difficult to apply but does make a nice dark black line.

>> No.7657342

>>7654116
If you're really sensitive try the physicians formula organic wear cc cream. I tend to wear natural makeup and that shit is cool. Despite It being a "cc cream" it covers like a really good bb cream

>> No.7657346

>>7655498
I think ELF had a primer that's supposed to be good. But I would invest a little more in your face makeup anon, it pays to take good care of your skin (if you can afford to/care of course. I use higher quality face makeup and then kindof cheap out on cheek/lip stuff)

>> No.7660361

is there a way to make my feet smaller? they look ok but wearing an AP size L makes me feel weird

>> No.7660363

>>7632649
HEY! SO! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This has actually been working really well. My scalp isn't fully healed yet, but it's a lot better than it was and the itchiness has been reduced to almost nothing.

I do want to know on what planet this stuff has a "pleasing aroma", though. Reminds me of the smell of my Paupau's house combined with mouth gargle. Blech.

>> No.7660513
File: 79 KB, 280x300, wen-hair-products.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

in the last beauty thread someone posted about wen just when my roommate got a free bottle from her boss. I tried it and was so nice, but it's too expensive, does anyone know of any other cleansing conditioners?

>> No.7661123

I would like to ask about makeup basics for men. Does the basics for women works on guys too? If not, what are the things I should change?

>> No.7661138

>>7660361
What? Suck it up man, if you can fit brand shoes you're doing fine.

>> No.7661157
File: 269 KB, 620x472, tdjudtru.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you're looking for cheap-ish skincare/beauty products I recommend http://kpoptown.com

My personal favorite brands are
> etude house
> tonymoly
> holika holika
> missha

they usually send sample packs too!

>> No.7661192

>>7660513
i've heard the herbal essences 'naked' line has one that's an affordable dupe

>> No.7661200
File: 490 KB, 500x270, h5U8LNt.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7661157
fuck anon, I am broke and in between jobs atm and there's so much shit I want to buy just because it's so goddamn CUTE

>> No.7661221

>>7661200
ngl thats like 90% of the reason i buy it

>> No.7661390

>>7661157
Bless you. They're so much cheaper than the ebay resellers.

>> No.7661393

>>7661221
Oh, aye. Adorable princess packaging, plz.

>> No.7661989

>>7651054
Use aloe vera to help the skin heal better. Put sunscreen on the scars so they don't get affected! Sunlight can darken scars. So avoid direct sunlight to them as much as possible.

>>7652008
remember to put on lip balm every chance you get! nivea a kiss of honey&milk and a kiss of berry swirl are top tier. i only started using them recently, but my lips feel really fucking great after the first week. moisturize the shit out of your lips and remember to exfoliate them. elf has a p decent one.

>>7661123
essentially.
whats more important is knowing your face shape/what works for your face specifically! no one has the same face, so everyone works to figure out makeup for their own face.
look up wayne goss on youtube! male mua who constantly puts on makeup on himself in videos, so you can watch and learn from him.

>> No.7662219

>>7661989
>Wayne Goss
Never knew that someone would recommend him to me. Being subscribed to him for some time now, I hold your rec with regard. Especially that "Makeup for Men" playlist of his showed me that the difference between men and women's makeup aren't that vast.

But in terms of cosplay makeup for men, what are your recommendations?

>> No.7663140

>>7661157
>>7661200
Another anon here for the cute shit, if only US brands would hop on that train. Just got a RoseRoseShop lucky pack because I like LPs and have no real makeup whatsoever.

I was thinking about putting together a haul of pretty Korean cosmetics. Someone save my wallet.

>> No.7663716
File: 963 KB, 1222x644, howdoibrows.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm crossplaying a character with very prominent "pointed/angry eyebrows" soon--- does anyone have a good tutorial on how to clean up my brows/how to use makeup to get the shape I need? Pic on the right are my brows; you can see that they're very much downward-sloping normally.

I have plenty of experience with contouring but I've never really done anything with my eyebrows before!

>> No.7663728

>>7663716
Maybe look for Spock eyebrow tutorials? Trekkies have been doing that look since ages past.

>> No.7663762

>>7663728

...my god, I'm ashamed at myself. That thought never came to mind. Thanks, anon, I'm sure I'll find something that way!

>> No.7664086

>>7639370
i want to punch her in the mouth
also dat pastelbat jaw

>> No.7664126

Where's a good starting place for someone who knows dick about makeup? I kinda grew up as a tomboy and never learned how to do pretty girly things like makeup.

>> No.7664172

Do you need foundation for makeup? I really like the freckles on my cheeks but I'm afraid foundation will cover them up.

>> No.7664191

I have large icky pores, what can I use to best cover them up and make my skin look smooth?

>> No.7664402

>>7617086
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLvSSyTgmsM

>> No.7664407

>>7664191
Find a good primer+foundation. Just make sure you wash that shit off well, a lot of those poreless primers are a bit heavy. I tried Tarte's Poreless primer and it broke me out something fierce when I didn't get all of it off. /cgl/ tends to recommend smashbox, but it's expensive. Also try to get them as clear and small as possible before makeup, I'm working on that one myself so I can't offer any suggestions.

>> No.7664414

I just started using Clean and Clear moisturizer the past month and holy shift. I'm never going back.

>> No.7664416

>>7664402
Those always look really weird to me. They're too high up which gives a kind of creepy alien look. also anime eyes are rather low on the face.

>> No.7664423

>>7622349
uhm. wax? I have eczema and I still wax no problem.

>> No.7664457

>>7662219
lmao, i replied very sleep-deprived and rushed but im glad you've taken some of my words kindly!!

please take my words with a grain of salt. i'm not a mua, i'm just another weeb with too much makeup to really know any better!

men should put as much effort into makeup as women, tbh. basic skincare, primer, foundation, concealer, powder, etc. i really don't recommend bb cream for males unless they're marketed for men. bb creams don't have great coverage, and they're better for everyday wear vs. looking your best.

research and invest in good products! good =/= expensive; you just have to make sure it's good for you specifically. drugstores can just be as good as brand. milani shadow eyez is a good investment if you want super pigmented, cheap eyeshadows. plus, they're pencils, so it might be easier for you if you don't know how to use a brush yet. rimmel's stay matte line tends to be pretty fucking great at staying matte. not sure if it's good enough coverage, tho.

idk im a fucking nerd. im sorry, i dont think i'm very much help. :(

>> No.7664464

>>7664126
>tinted lip balm.
im still a fucking baby when it comes to makeup, and adjusting to having different colored lips every once in a while really pushed me to try makeup more and more.
>eyeliner
an essential. it's recommended that you start with pencil since it's easy and liquid might get into your eye or someth, but i found myself using gel liners super easy.

>> No.7664577

>>7664126
Go on the makeupaddiction reddit and read the sidebar, godspeed Anon.

>> No.7664622

Should you wear mascara with asian style false lashes? I feel like it might mess up the shape if you took a mascara brush to them.

I'm talking about special shaped lashes like Darkness K ma8

>> No.7665982

>>7664622
I still put a bit of mascara on them. just be gentle and don't glob it on.

>> No.7666008

>>7664464
>but i found myself using gel liners super easy.

gel eyeliner also doesnt smear as bad.
try putting some translucent powder over your eyelids before you put it on, too.

>> No.7666042
File: 460 KB, 220x132, tumblr_lsj4ja7rMv1qhbmi9.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been having a lot of trouble with my eyeliner, whenever I use it and it stays fine on my lid, doesn't smudge a bit unless I rub at it, but whenever I use it for wings it just starts melting downwards after an hour of wearing it.

It looks awful and happens with both liquid liner and gel primer or no primer. Am I just using the wrong products? My primer is Loreal Studio Secrets and I dont remember what my eyeliner is, but I think it might be maybelline? I'm not sure.

>> No.7666123

>>7666042
It happens to me too, I find that it helps a little if you put eyeshadow on it, or just go over it with a little translucent powder. This usually keep it up for 3-4hours without primer, and 6-7 with primer on me.

Have anyone tried Lush's eyeliner? I am interested in their gold one (fantasy, I think?), but it has glitter pigments so I'm not quite sure about the fall out.

>> No.7666370

Hi Thread!

Pretty new to cosplay. Just got catears in the mail and am struggling with where to place them on my head (more towards top of my head or the sides above my ears), and how to keep them put.
Any ideas?

>> No.7666387

I cant figure my undertone/skintone out ): what do i do?

>> No.7666427

>>7666387
If on the inside of your wrist the veins look blue, you're "cool." If they look green, "warm." And if both, they seem to change depending on light, etc., you're probably "neutral."

>> No.7666487
File: 1.05 MB, 1440x2560, 2014-03-17 22.42.09.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a bunch of 3d false nails. How do I remove them safely without destroying my real nails? I always keep my real nails trimmed short when I wear acrylics.

Everything I find online inolves soaking in acetone and filing down the top coat, which would remove the polish and decorations.

What do? (picc related, it's my small nail collection.

>> No.7666494

>>7666487
just realized how shit and blurry that photo is. sorry.

>> No.7666525

>>7666487
Tbh the only way I found was to use those little sticky tabs instead of nail use. They make strong ones that the adhesive only releases submerged in water. Those are good for out to dinner and meets and things but less so for like daily work-wear.

>> No.7666551

>>7654990
I've been lotioning but still any tips???

>> No.7666599

>>7666551
when my feet start to dry and crack in the winter, I slather on a lot of lotion (cream if available) and then wear socks to bed to keep the moisture against my skin. you can't put socks on your elbows, obviously, but you could wear a long-sleeved tee.

you can also try the above with high quality argan oil if you have access to it. I have the josie maran stuff that I just put a drop of onto my knees and elbows when I see they're getting dry, and that does wonders if it hasn't gotten too bad yet.

>> No.7666641

>>7664457
> i really don't recommend bb cream for males unless they're marketed for men. bb creams don't have great coverage, and they're better for everyday wear vs. looking your best.
I'll take that advice into mind.

In terms of brushes, what are the recommended sets of them for beginners? But it's a sure thing that I'll start with drugstore.

I'll stay out of contouring until I learn how to deal with the basics.

For lips, is it a safe bet to just go with lip gloss for natural ones and go for lipstick for bizarre ones (JoJo's Bizarre Adventures)?

>> No.7667251

>>7666641
random anon here -
you can order brush sets online (7 dollars on ebay i think. 20 pieces). But ofcourse drugstores work also.
http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/makeup-brushes-you-need-101

>> No.7667262

>>7661157
holy fuck this place is so damn cheap, youre a godend anon!

>> No.7667273

>>7666370
Depends on the character you're cosplaying and where on the head their ears are located. Aren't there clips on it to keep them attached to your wig? You could also attach them to a headband but then you'd have to style your wig in a way to hide it.

>> No.7667274

>>7667273
yeah there are clips! im just having a little trouble trying to figure out what looks best

>> No.7667279

>>7661157
>uses holika holika bb cream

holy shit, thank you

>> No.7667765
File: 29 KB, 480x480, this liner is da bomb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7666042
What liquid? Have you tried any high end liners? Kat Von D's tattoo liner in trooper is my favorite thing: it stays on forever and the felt tip is wonderful. My only issue is that it's $18 :(
Out side of that, I used to use this liquid liner from Ruby Kiss. It was AWESOME, and I definitely would've kept using it if the store I got it from wasn't in such a bad area
pic related, my face after getting off an 8hour shift at work. Just wanted to show that the eyeliner didn't run or do anything weird like melt down my face.

>> No.7667794

>>7667765
Wait which liner is used in your pic related? Ruby Kiss?

>> No.7667802

>>7666042
I use mabelline line stiletto and it works fine for me, and I have oily skin, especially on my eyelids

>> No.7667828

>>7667794
Kat Von D was the one in the pic, sorry for not clarifying!

>> No.7667850
File: 38 KB, 306x524, article-2305386-19160F9E000005DC-321_306x524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I have bags/dark circles under my eyes and I have had them for years. I'm really self conscious about them and I have fair skin so they show a lot. Anyone have some good concelears to recommend or good cover up tips? Pic related (Not my face but just an example I ripped off google)

>> No.7667942

Are there any brands of make up with a lot of foundation color options? I'm having trouble finding my color. I'm mixed raced and everything is either too white or too dark.

>> No.7667958

>>7667942
Illamasqua is great and have bases you can add to darken or lighten your foundation.

>> No.7667969

>>7667942
Loreal true match.

>> No.7667970
File: 19 KB, 300x300, -tonymoly-hello-bunny-perfume-bar-9g.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone tried the Tony Moly Hello Bunny Perfume? Which scent is the best? The descriptions are kind of...confusing.

>> No.7668390

Not sure if this was posted before, but ELF has a 50% sale for the next 7 hours or so

>> No.7668425

>>7667942
Maybellines 'fit me' range. Specifically the mousse stick. I think there's like 28 all up, with different undertones as well.

>> No.7668432

>>7667970
I liked the pink one best and bought it, but I can't really remember what the others are like now.

>> No.7668450

>>7629325
I like your eye shape!

>> No.7668456
File: 12 KB, 300x300, 41vdqb2hAaL._SY300_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hello seagulls~ I need help trying to find some under eye masks that actually work for puffyness or dark eye circles. I used to use these, but i can't find them anywhere anymore.

>> No.7668600

>>7668390
I really recommend ELF cosmetics. Cheap but awesome. Esp their brushes.

>> No.7668786

>>7661157
its cheap, but DAMN the shipping is insane.

>> No.7670060

>>7666641
>>7668600
elf's studio line brushes has been holding up well for me. It's the cheapest atm. Coastal Scents is pretty cheap too, but I haven't gotten my hands on any yet.
ELF is at Target and Walgreens, I think.

For lips, it really depends on what sort of color you want. Revlon lipsticks tend to be really great, but you need to look up reviews online since there are so many. Nude lips are really hard to find tho, imho. I still can't find one that won't make me look like shit. You can use lip gloss, sure, but only if you dont mind the sticky tackiness of it. Lipstick is used to emphasize and draw attenton to lips, not to look bizarre and weird.

Also, if any ELF nerds care, the smudge pots are absolutely fantastic. Creamy, super pigmented, and doesn't move at all when I wear it. Brownie Points and Gotta Glow are really great.

>> No.7670890

I've been researching about how to bleach skin. My arms are darker than the rest of my body. I've done exfoliation and treatment (with amlactin and sometime a 2% Hydroquinone cream). How do I get my skin to whiten?

>> No.7670984

>>7639300

Bangs look cute and hair seems only a little frizzy. Maybe try some hair lotion or Pantene conditioner? I have wavy hair but it becomes a horse's mane and all silky and calm with Pantene.

>> No.7670992

>>7661157

>tonymoly

All hail this place.

Also Etdue House is pretty good. When I was in Korea a month ago Tonymoly and E.H. had insane sales.

Also Missha is pretty good.

Nice find Anon!

>> No.7671008
File: 134 KB, 450x450, hello_bunny_perfume_bar_solid_stick_type_5_kinds_02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7667970

Hi Anon! Koreanfag here and just wanted to give you an idea about the perfumes.

The first one, the creamy yellow color, has a baby powder smell. Like not exactly Johnson & Johnson but pretty close.

The orange one is very fruity and citrus-y. I think it's a bit juvenile if you're over 18+ but hey, if you like it, go ahead!

The pink one is my favorite. It has a like an old grandma rose/floral smell. I know the description makes it sound weird but I personally think it's the best.

The purple one is more of a general floral smell. It has traces of a lot of variations of flowers so it can be a hit or miss, depending on your preference.

The blue one has a green tea smell and is pretty weak. I guess it kind of gets the aroma of green tea but it's not as strong as the citrus or floral ones. This one and the baby powder ones are the most weakest / calmest scents.

I know they're really cute but they're a tad bit expensive for something their size. But if you're okay with it, by all means buy it!

Hope that helped. I'll be lurking if you have any more questions!

>> No.7671058

Any tips on improving my posture?

My back bends in too much which makes my stomach stick out, and I slouch too.

>> No.7671131

>>7671058
do you have lordosis, anon? assuming you weren't born with structural lordosis, your muscles might be tight and causing your spine to bend in and your pelvis to tilt forward. in that case, focus on stretching your low back (look for quadratus lumborum stretch) and your quads. if your shoulders hunch in, try to stretch your pectoralis muscles. and if you can afford it and have the time, I'd personally recommend seeing a professional massage therapist or neuromuscular therapist, as you might have things like trigger points locking your bad posture in, which just stretching won't get rid of.

as for slouching in general, try to perch on the edge of your chair rather than sitting all the way back, even though that's more comfortable. sitting right on the edge of your seat with your feet planted on the floor forces you to keep yourself upright more than if you sat back. if you sit at a desk at home, also consider replacing it with a stability ball, which will force you to use your core.

sorry for the long reply, I spend a lot of time assessing posture as an NMT myself.

>> No.7671136

>>7671058
Practice sitting/standing with your back fully pressed against a wall, and try to imagine you're royalty, or lay down on a hard floor and try to memorize the feeling

If you do it long enough the feeling should stay with you, again it's just one of those practice makes perfect type things

>> No.7671165
File: 113 KB, 480x700, misako+aoki2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I get my hair to curl like this? I need an easy method because I suck at curling my hair. Braids do not give the effect I'm looking for.

>> No.7671180

>>7671131
No I don't and thanks for all the info.

>> No.7671207

>>7671165
I wrap sections mine around a curling iron and it ends up like this. Already have a slightly wavy and thick hair type though. It just makes my waves more pronounced.

>> No.7671923

>>7671207
Ah my hair is on the thinner side and pin straight. Is that why I'm having problems?

>> No.7671926

>>7671923
Different anon but my hair is on the thinner side too & mostly straight. I usually wrap sections of hair on a straitening iron. With this method your hair will look wavy like in the picture instead of curly (which is how your hair will turn out after using a curling iron)

>> No.7671930

>>7671165
I've seen great results from curling it into tight-ish ringlets and then brushing it out to that nice gentle wave

>> No.7672239

Please help. I have the worst zit of my life. It's huge and hasn't reduced in size in four days. Very painful. I've tried every home remedy I can think of with no result. What do I do??

>> No.7672354

>>7666387

Sorry this is so late after you posted this, but skintones can be really tricky to figure out. It's easier for some people than others. The best way I've found to really make sure you have a good idea of what your undertones are is to take makeup samples in various tones and try them against your skin and see which ones really stand out and which ones blend in better and go from there. There's actually a lot more to it than just warm or cool or neutral- I technically fall under warm because I have yellow tones with some blue and a little green, but most warm shades look orange on me. So don't just go by warm/cool, try out different shades that involve all the colours- yellow, beige, pink, red, orange, blue, green, etc. - until you find something that matches.

>> No.7672362

>>7672239

Does it have a visible head? If not, sounds like one of the cystic zits/nodule things. They're really deep underground, very huge, painful, and don't go away. I think they might be hormonal.

If it is, try a warm compress every so often. Sometimes I slap a bandaid over mine and leave them the hell alone for a few days. Sometimes they'll come to a head after that. Sometimes they just go away on their own eventually. They can take a while, though. If you really want it GONE NOW, go see a dermatologist.

>> No.7672374

>>7666487

Where did you buy those? They're adorable!

>> No.7672396

>>7672374
Anon, it says right in the image where they got them...

>> No.7672399

>>7672239
Try a drawing salve from a pharmacy, called ichthammol and the hot compresses. It should bring it up to a head within a day.

>> No.7672521

>>7667850
Argh, I have these too. They're the only thing that's adding age to my face so far. I bought one of those drugstore anti-puff eye rollers without success.

>> No.7672773

This may be an incredibly stupid question, but how are you supposed to align curved mascara wands against your lashes? Like, which way is the 'curve' supposed to sit against your eye?

>> No.7677635

>>7617086
Anybody knows if Rivecowe cc and bb cream are good?

>> No.7678707

I hate primer. Will using only finishing powder (and myabe some setting spray for parties and such) do the trick?

>> No.7678783

>>7671165
Actually, this might be unpleasant but it is the easiest way I've found. Take a bath before bed, put your hair into a pony tail and maybe aid a couple more bands to get more waves and sleep or leave your hair like that as it dries. (That or take a hair dryer if you're impatient) I used to do that because I'm lazy with my hair and I had alot of waves in it once it dried.

>> No.7679836
File: 107 KB, 465x996, 1381252934784.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Okay, so I took biotin supplements for awhile (late Oct. - late May) hoping it would help my skin (I had mild acne) and hair growth and broke out pretty badly. I thought the acne was just stress related from work, but once I looked up online for a correlation between acne and biotin and found similar cases, I stopped taking it and a ton of the small rosacea-y looking bumps went away.

Thing is, although my skin has cleared up, I still haven't fully recovered from it. I've got red marks and a few cysts deep in my cheeks. Has anyone else had experiences with biotin breakouts? Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process? Right now I'm using Burt's Bees Acne Cleanser (started using once a day last week, twice this week) and it seems to be helping a little bit. I can cover my marks fully with concealer and powder, but I wish I could go bare-faced again without feeling self-conscious.

>> No.7679907

Does anyone have any good collagen face mask recommendations? Or any face masks that'll lift a tired-looking face?

>> No.7683172

>>7679836
I had a couple bad side effects from biotin that took months to disappear. It gave me my first ever chest acne and now, a year after stopping, I still get a couple chest pimples.

>> No.7683435
File: 35 KB, 400x285, whyme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know how to fix a triple eyelid? I noticed that one has formed on my left eye and it really bugs me...

It looks almost exactly like pic related.
So gross. :(

>> No.7683469

>>7683435
You could try using some eyelid glue? Tuck the middle lid between the top and the bottom one with the tool that comes in those eyelid glue kits. I seriously don't think the picture looks bad at all though.

>> No.7683485

>>7683435
You maybe should get your eyelid checked for a quiet chalazion, I had the same caused by one under the lid.

>> No.7683633

Is it okay to wear pink lips with a main piece that is bright red? My lips are very small and red lipstick makes them look even tinier. It's really frustrating.

>> No.7683999

>>7683633
Yes? No?

>> No.7684020

>>7678707
Depends, what's the issue that you want primer for? If it's that you have oily skin then you need that primer layer under your makeup or it will slide off eventually

>>7671165
Putting your hair into a loose French or Dutch braid will give you those looser waves

>> No.7684314

Can anyone recommend a good antiperspirant?
I have always used deodorant/antiperspirant, and the deodorant part works but not the other. Also I feel it's gotten worse as I get older. Yesterday I was sitting around and felt a drop on my arm because sweat was literally dripping from my armpit. Sorry for the gross image, but I really need help.

>> No.7684663

>>7624279
those concealer pens are highlighters and work best when you apply over liquid foundation. If you put it on under a powder it won't reflect light.

>> No.7685728

>>7684020
I do have oily skin. It's just that primer makes me feel as if I'm putting on a face mask because of how heavy it is. Maybe I'm just using the wrong brand?

>> No.7685749

>>7666487
as previously mentioned, the little nail stickers will do well for that, they're somewhat durable so they won't just fling everywhere but not too hard to take off.

Alternatively, I find that some of the cheaper (dodgy) brands of nail glue can be a bit weaker, what you can do is place a small dot of glue in the middle of the nail and press the nail down, if you just soak your fingers in warm water at the end of the day, you can gently pry them off with an orange stick or something similar. I've done this a few times and it's made no real difference to my nails themselves. (I bite my nails something shocking but they're actually quite strong and healthy, albeit short!)

>> No.7685832

Does anyone have any good first cosplay makeup tips/tutorial?
I'm going to my third con next month but first time in cosplay, the clothes and wig are already taken care of but I'm completely inexperienced about makeup.

>> No.7685843

>>7683435
>so gross
Why are triple eyelids gross? I have them on both my eyes...

>> No.7685866

>>7685832
Depends on who you're cosplaying as. For a safe approach Id say look up natural makeup tutorials and practice before the con.

>> No.7685917

What are good lipstick colors for olive skin tones? All the ones I've tried look too neon on me. :(

>> No.7685918

>>7685917
You maybe should try some lip balm with color, does the job for me.

>> No.7685946
File: 1.49 MB, 900x2378, cosplay_makeup_for_male_characters_by_hinamomo-d4l4xsq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7685866
Crossplaying as a 12 year old boy.
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do. I'm worried about wearing too much since I'm sure that the con will be really really hot though.

Pic related, it's the tutorial that I'm practicing with for now.

>> No.7686169

>>7685843
It's gross when having one eye with two and one with three. It makes my eyes look crazy. :(

>>7683485
I don't think it's that as theres nothing protruding from my eye area at all, just more skin folds...

>>7683469
I've tried that before, but I was wondering if there was more of a permanent way (other than surgery) to change it back to what it was. :(

>> No.7686511
File: 17 KB, 314x300, tan skin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What does /cgl/ have to say about skin whitening?
I'm Mexican and I was born with a more peachy tone than tan, but as a kid, I would play outside every day, ESPECIALLY in the summer, so that's years of unhealthy skin damaging. I was much darker back then, but now my skin is a much lighter tan. The thing I don't like is that it has a lot of yellow undertones and it makes my skin look yucky. I've been thinking about whitening my skin to get a prettier color, because I'm also a fan of fairer skin.
I've heard papaya soap is a good option, as well as whitening creams such as Secret Key Snow White Lotion. I've also heard of using lemon scrubs but we all know that that can't be good for you. Any tips/suggestions?

>> No.7686534

Sunscreen brand recommendations anyone? Looking for something that doesn't make you feel greasy. I have tried a couple brands but they always make me look oily. Curious as to what others use and like.

>> No.7687135

>>7622349
I have the dark upper lip, too, anon. Use NAIR for the face after a wax/shave, and try to take an iron supplement, helps with the skin.

>> No.7687138

2 questions. Skincare amateur anon here.

1. I have a huge problem with comadones. (Sp?) Use a clearsonic and moisturizer almost daily, but they still pop up constantly. Any remedies?

2. Had a bad reaction to some spray and have a mild case of dermatitis in one patch on my face. The skin is really dry and almost flaky, anything I can do or do I just have to wait it out?

>> No.7687140

>>7683435
I think you're worrying about something silly, anon. Accept your eyes for what they are - very cute! Only you will notice those eyelid folds.

>> No.7687151

>>7686511
I'm needing some help with whitening also. I have tried lemon juice, hydroquinone creams, exfoliation, and black african soap. Nothing seems to lighten my arms. I'm now even looking into skin bleaches.

>> No.7687470

>>7686511
>>7687151

Please, please, please anons// fpr the health of your skin DO NOT BLEACH.

Pretty much anything that is specifically designed to "whiten" skin is going to be really damaging and possibly cause cancer in the long run.

Try salicylic acid to whiten, if you must. They sell it in creams and washes, usually they're designed to treat acne.

And of course, avoid the sun, carry umbrellas, wear protective clothing, wear sunscreen...

>> No.7687476

>>7687470
*for
derp

But yes, if I can stop even one person from putting their skin through the hell of bleaching.. I'm happy.

>> No.7687749

>>7685917
I use a warm beige as my nude, and deeper berry tones for my reds. Pink looks like a mess on me, even warm pinks, so I use TINY amounts of apricot. Honestly, though, I prefer tinted balms and glosses, as long as they're not pink.

>> No.7689449

Is it an old wives tale that wearing make up makes you age faster/have more wrinkles?

>> No.7689479

Anyone have any advice for eyeliner transferring onto creases? This has literally never been a problem for me until this summer, I don't know if my eyelids have gotten more greasy or it's the weather what. I've tried a few different waterproof eyeliners, switching to cream, sealing with black eyeliner, nothing seems to work and it's sooo frustrating. Any fullproof eyeliners or methods you guys can suggest?

>> No.7689485

>>7689479
Get a eye make up primer.

The best is Primer Potion by Urban decay. Don't bother with drug store eye primers, they're shit. Also, some people I know like Two-Faced primer, but it didn't work at all for me, and it was only like $1 cheaper than the urban decay stuff

>> No.7689494

>>7689449
It has some basis in truth, but it really depends heavily on what make up you're wearing (lower quality make up can cause acne and other skin irritations), how heavy you wear it (heavier obviously is harder to remove, can cause skin problems), how you remove your make up (scrubbing and pulling/rubbing the skin can cause wrinkles to appear faster)...

So basically yes, and also no.

>> No.7689501

>>7689485
I do use a primer, forgot to mention, but yeah it's drugstore so that might be the problem. Thanks anon, I've had good luck with UD before so I think I'll try it

>> No.7689534

>>7689501
Yeah, I'd venture a guess that that's the issue. I tried drugstore primer once when I was out of the UD stuff and strapped for cash. The drugstore stuff was a complete waste, I would've been just as well off it I'd used no primer at all.

But you're very welcome - good luck!

>> No.7689541

>>7617086
Could please someone post the drawing about acne breakouts in different places on the face and which caused them?

>> No.7689622

>>7689541

it's bullshit, though.

except hormones being on the chin area.

>> No.7689648

>>7689622
Don't care, I'm desperate, will try anything

>> No.7690093

Does anyone know how to cover up chin wrinkles, when I have my lips pressed together? I am young but have them due to an overbite and larger front teeth, but my lower jaw is too short so fixing that permanently won't be simple. I use two different types of cover-up and concealer and it still not completely gone. But on the other hand I am quite a beginner when it comes to make-up

>> No.7690797

>>7690093
its called anatomy
youre going to have "chin wrinkles"
jesus people

>> No.7690885

>>7690093

Plastic surgery. Seriously, that's all you can do. Chin implant, or botox.

>> No.7690905

>>7686511
>>7687151
Papaya soap is a form of gentle chemical (enzyme-based) exfoliation, which you definitely should be doing if you want to get rid of a tan. Don't use lemon juice or harsh scrubs because you'll just be irritating your skin (which could lead to hyperpigmentation).
Exfoliation + sunscreen ALL DAY ERRY DAY should in the long run make your skin lighter and more youthful-looking. However they won't get you any lighter than what you were born as, because they don't inhibit pigment.

Pigment inhibition can be risky. Stuff that has a rapid and clearly noticeable effect like hydroquinone is considered possibly carcinogenic and banned in many places, so I wouldn't recommend that. There are other safer compounds that stimulate cell turnover and inhibit pigmentation like arbutin, licorice root extract and niacinamide which are actually beneficial to your skin, but they don't give fast or extreme results.

Basically treat your skin gently by exfoliating it, protecting it from sun damage and nourishing it with beneficial active ingredients. Your skin probably won't get more than one or two shades lighter than what you were born with but it will be healthy and radiant. Healthy tan skin > damaged white skin, imo.

>> No.7690942
File: 25 KB, 230x230, 1404743783841.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be male.
>Have not horrible genetics.
>Only get better looking with age.

Suck it, whores.

>> No.7690973

Could I have some recommadations on what to do to make scars on my arm go away? I work with birds of prey for a few years now and they've bitten and clawed me so many times it looks like self harming scars and people give me worried looks when they see them. I really love my birdies but this is getting emberassing.

>> No.7690974

>>7690973
Bio-oil.

Works amazing.

>> No.7691005

>>7690973
Finally I seem to have found a good excuse for my scars.
>>7690974
Do you have experience with it? Most reviews I've read weren't all that positive.

>> No.7691030
File: 773 KB, 1500x331, wtf eyelids.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ok guys I need help. I'm experimenting with eyeshadow for the first time ever and it's not remotely working out like any of the bazillion tutorials I've seen. My eyelids are thin to begin with but primer (Etude House) + eyeshadow (Rimmel London) turns them into this crepe paper-y mess. I can't very well accentuate my crease when it's doing this, or really do anything else. There's practically no elasticity so any time I swipe the brush one way the skin goes along with it and stays there.

Does anyone else have this problem? Should I start using eye cream and if so, what brand would you recommend? I'm pretty sure the primer makes it worse but the colour doesn't really show up without it.

Goddamn I'm only 22 years old and the skin everywhere else on my face is firm, it's just my eyelids that decided to age 50 years.

>> No.7691064

How do I get rid of lanugo? I'm already eating well, and have been for quite some time.

>> No.7691122

>>7686511
the skin people are born with isn't their true skin tone just fyi. If you have yellow undertones you'll never have a pink or peach tone.
Melanin doesn't set in for a while after we're born. In fact many white children, like kittens, are born with blue eyes that change 0-6 months after birth or even upto 2 years after birth while the melanin kicks in and reaches its programmed levels.

That being said you'll never reach the tone you want but you can always abuse foundations to temporarily make your skin tone lighter and pinker but would need a good amount of layers.

>> No.7691152
File: 80 KB, 487x634, eightiiies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691030
Are you holding the skin taught when you apply the makeup or just rubbing it on as your eyelid sits naturally?

It looks to me like you're putting a nude colour on so it won't show, no. Try it out without primer with a darker colour to get used to applying before messing around with primer. You will be surprised at first and think it looks silly, but keep trying it out.
A lot of people swear by primers for eyes, I would only use something like Urban Decay's primer potion when using something darker that'll look terrible if it smudges.

>> No.7691256
File: 242 KB, 499x275, bluh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691152
I was talking about darker colours, yeah. I'm actually wearing four different colours in that picture, including a highlighter and two types of brown intended for shading. The colours are a lot more noticeable IRL than in the picture but without primer they're hardly there at all.

I tried again without primer and it's definitely better but still kind of weird-looking. When I'm not wearing anything on my eyelid I do sometimes have a double crease but nothing like this.

>> No.7691274

>>7691256
Man do you have mascara on? You have great lashes

>> No.7691315
File: 346 KB, 2448x3264, GmwcK4O.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7690974
I've heard about that but I never bought it because I wasn't sure if it would work. I'll look into it.

>>7691005
Depends if you only have scars on your right arm. And if you know a lot about birds of prey.

>> No.7691328

>>7691005
Bio-Oil worked for my really deep, really old SI scars. Exfoliation, Bio-Oil, and African shea butter (the legit stuff, not the shitty commercially made kind) is fucking miracles.

>> No.7691358

>>7691315
why does that owl look so fake

>> No.7691375

>>7691315
Because owls can't move their eyes in their sockets. That's why they can move their necks so much. And this owl looks to the left which isn't possible.
I just found it a cute reaction image because of it's questioning look haha.

>> No.7691413
File: 988 KB, 250x250, 1365173832566.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7691274
Aw anon. No I have naturally dark lashes so that's pretty cool. I pick at them when I'm stressed, though, so they often look rather sparse and spiderlegsy.

>> No.7691467
File: 10 KB, 500x500, 2pcs-natural-active-enzyme-crystals-genitals.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was messing around on aliexpress and found this thing, is like a whitening soap.

The info it had was this:
Use the first day, you will feel a sense of unprecedented clean.
Use the third day,deeply remove dirt places, and promote skin metabolism.
Use the seventh day,skin supple and smooth, some fade melanin.
Use the fifteenth day,the skin white, moist, elastic.
Continue to use, effect is more obvious.............

1 After use, the surface would appear similar to bubble water droplets, This is crystal inside live oxygen rich and active performance
2 Enzyme crystal molecules is very small,it is easy to dissolve.So,please don\`t put the crystal soak in the water or a long time in the damp air.
3 Enzyme crystals suitable for all type of skin and problem skin.Except of super sensitive skin

Has anyone used this? Would you recommend it?

>> No.7692300

how would I minimize pores without anything stinging my skin? I have super sensitive skin so a lot of the other stuff tends to turn it red and blotchy and make my pores worse

>> No.7692312

>>7691467
I wouldn't recommend off brand whitening products from Aliexpress. If you're looking for a temporary whitening, look up Milky dress cream as well as Karmarts Ready 2 White. Ususally you put the cream on wait, then wash it off. It makes your sking whiter. Over time they whiten your skin, apparently.

>> No.7692324

A lot of girls use white in the corner of the eyes, what's a good drugstore version of whatever the hell that product is? Is it eye crayon, shadow??
>halp

>> No.7692333

>>7692324
Usually white eyeliner. Sometimes eyeshadow.

>> No.7692337

>>7692324
The easiest would be to get a jumbo eyepencil (creamy eyeshadow in stick form). Try NYX's Milk and Milani's Winter White. Dab some in the inner corner and blend.

>> No.7692349

>>7692333
>>7692337
Thanks guys!
>so bad at this kind of thing

>> No.7692350
File: 359 KB, 600x800, Ashley-Tisdale-MySpace-launch-event-June-2013-close-up.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7692324
Like this? That's just highlighter. Any highlighter will do, and some shimmery eye shadows work as well.

>> No.7692369

Any advice on blackhead removal besides squeezing them?

>> No.7692388
File: 29 KB, 236x320, d673dad8e489ace490f30c73d1f40ccb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't know whether to post here or in the hair dye thread but I want to chop my hair off so badly. I've had long hair for the longest time in my life so far (about 4 months minus the ugly in-between stage) and it sucks having to tie it up every day and still have it getting in your face. Plus, less hair dye for bobs.
Anyway, I wanted to bob my hair again but the problem are three things:
1) most bobs end up looking like bowlcuts on me if I don't fluff them up and I want to get something as low-maintenance as possible.
2) I don't want straight bangs but I also don't want hair in my face that sidebangs tend to cause.

I really like the 'fluffy' tousled haircuts, like pic related. What would you guys suggest as a solution?

>> No.7692683

>>7692312
I actually wasn't planing on using it, I was just curious, only one seller mentioned it's main component, which is AHA's.

I see that is sold to whiten nipples, armpits and vagina. I just have never seen something like that.

>> No.7693075

>>7636752
use a facial hair removal cream or get it threaded?

>> No.7693196

>>7691328
Maybe I should try it after all. Also, what kind of scrub did you use?

>> No.7694121

i'm growing out my black dyed hair and i have dirty blonde hair
i've been dying my hair black for about 3 years now and i want to have my natural hair back because its getting tiresome dying my roots every 6 weeks
i can't afford to get it done at a salon right now, so i'm doing my best to keep it from looking like i'm super bald / trashy as fuck
is there any way to conceal this shit until i get enough money saved up other than wearing a hat all the time?
is there any cheaper ways i can get back to my normal color? (cheapest salon estimate was about $60)
any help / experiences / advice is appreciated.

>> No.7695078

>>7692369
I read toothpaste and baking soda works. I tried it, and I wanted to think it worked a little, but I don't really think so. It made my skin feel smoother there, though.

>> No.7695187

>>7695078
toothpaste is really bad for your skin and i've heard that it can leave some nasty scarring

>> No.7695189
File: 308 KB, 1859x2099, kiera-knightley-bob.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7694121
at least you should keep it short so the black will be gone earlier
>>7692388
Just go to a good hairdresser and bring as many pics of the desired cut as possible, and tell them what you just told us. There's not much else you can do.
I've been planning to get a similar cut, it's so pretty.