[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 782 KB, 848x477, 1389239923656.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7551337 No.7551337[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Confession thread? Confession thread.
Share your personal dirt,your personal thoughts,your personal stuff in general.
I contribute in greentext
>I began to stole a bit from my family in their wallets and stuff,I stole 80 bucks in a week
>I made a group order (taobao) a month ago and lied,saying there was custom fees on our huge order when I received the packages so the members each gave me a little extra, that I kept for myself (180$ in total)
>I charge a tiny bit more on the shipping fees when I sell something (like 5$ more)
>My parents left me with 220$ for nearly two weeks to eat and all while they were in China. I only ate real cheap stuff and got 190$ left
>Used all the money to buy stuff that makes me happy (lolita). I remembered Kamikaze Girl,and how she said it was ok to be selfish and live for your own happiness and shit
>I feel like a fucking terrible human being anyway

Sorry for the shit english.

>> No.7551344

>stealing from family
Literal scum of the earth

>> No.7551345

>>7551337
Damn anon, why the hell are you so stingy?
Do you have a job at least?

>> No.7551347

No I don't have a job,I have a fucking illness and I can't (doctors told me so)...even though I really want to.
I just wanna cry right now bc I feel like the worst person ever, lolita is the only thing that makes me happy (no friends,depression and no one to talk to)

>> No.7551349

>>7551337
Seek counselling please..

>> No.7551350

>>7551347
Die Rosaire. Kill yourself now. No wonder your family&everyone hates you. Your a theif.

>> No.7551351

>>7551337
you should kill yourself and give me your burando
>I'm srs

>> No.7551354

I just want to be a better person...

>> No.7551356

>>7551347
There are other ways to make money besides scalping and stealing from family, illness aside. You could look into crafting or art and do commissions, there are work from home jobs and survey sites where you can make a little extra cash, hell even doing chores around the house for money is better than the shit-tier behavior you're engaging in now.

Lolita is a luxury not a need, if you're desperate for a dress, do what the rest of us have to do, evaluate what you don't wear anymore and sell.

Stop whilst you can because eventually your family, a comm member or one of your buyers will twig what's going on and you're going to get a rep as a scalper and a thief.

>> No.7551357

>>7551356
Hm,you're right anon I should do that

>> No.7551358

>>7551350
It clearly isn't Rosarie, she at least knows how to reply to a damn post on 4chan.

>> No.7551362

>>7551347
It's hard to feel sympathy for someone who would take money from family and people who might be just as poor as you.

>>7551356
Has some good advice. I think everyone's at one point saved up 'lunch money' to spend on other things. Maybe sell old dresses to buy new ones, or trade them off. My friend sells weed to earn some extra pocket cash, but I only recommend doing that if it's legal where you live.

>> No.7551363

>>7551357
I personally got on top of my dress buying problem by writing a list of all the events over the next year I could wear lolita to, I had significantly more dresses than opportunities to wear them so some had to go.

I do this every time my wardrobe gets too big because I tend to buy taobao, cheap brand and bodyline on impulse.

>> No.7551365

I know what I've done is horrible and I seriously feel guilty af about it. It's like I have a void in myself,and I try to make it go away by throwing money in it...I'm sorry I can't explain myself very well in english... I'll do my very best to become a better person now,seagulls.

>> No.7551370

>>7551365
where are you from anon?

>> No.7551371

>>7551370
From France.

>> No.7551384

>>7551337
>lied,saying there was custom fees on our huge order when I received the packages so the members each gave me a little extra, that I kept for myself (180$ in total)

This is really the only flaw. I don't care if you're stingy or rip off your own family, but when it's other people yeah that's pretty fucked fraud tier territory.

>> No.7551437

>>7551337
>>I made a group order (taobao) a month ago and lied,saying there was custom fees on our huge order when I received the packages so the members each gave me a little extra, that I kept for myself (180$ in total)

You did extra work that people go you money to not do themselves. You did something a business person would do.

>>I charge a tiny bit more on the shipping fees when I sell something (like 5$ more)

Every business does this. If you are spending money on anything, it is a guarantee they are making money on everything (however little). Nothing wrong here.

>>My parents left me with 220$ for nearly two weeks to eat and all while they were in China. I only ate real cheap stuff and got 190$ left

So you were smart and didn't pig out at 110 dollars a week.

Other than the blatant stealing in your first example, there's nothing wrong here.

>> No.7551458

>>7551437
>You did extra work that people go you money to not do themselves. You did something a business person would do.

There would have been nothing wrong in charging a fee if she had been honest from the beginning. To lie afterwards about custom fees to get some money ist not was a reputable buisness person would do, and it's just shitty behaviour. Sorry.

>Every business does this. If you are spending money on anything, it is a guarantee they are making money on everything (however little). Nothing wrong here.

It's not right to do this, but I don't really care about it either. it is a small sum of money and most people might do something like this.

>So you were smart and didn't pig out at 110 dollars a week.

Agreed, I don't know who needs $220 for food. Would have done the same, OP.

>> No.7551476

>>7551437
i totes agree. the blatant stealing is the only bad thing. but OP said she(?) will try to be a better person so i guess she won't do it again?

>> No.7551483

>>7551347
Another French loli with an illness ? Ravie de te rencontrer, mon amie

>> No.7551489

>>7551371

Do you get benefits in France when you can't work due to illness?
In most European countries the state hands out about a 1000 euro's in benefits each month + extra for housing and healthcare insurance.
This is how I buy my burando.

>> No.7551517

>>7551337
You're like my friend who's addicted to heroin... Except we *know* that she's stealing from us.

>> No.7551519

>>7551337
You should live for your own happiness as long as it don't fuck other people's happiness.

You are a terrible human. Come clean and fucking stop it.

>> No.7551527

>>7551489
Yes but it's an hassle. I'm in the same case than OP although I don't fucking steal money, and you have to go through a lot of tests, see several doctors and send an incredible amount of letters to finally have something if you are not in a obvious emergency test. I have schyzofrenia to a ligh level, I can benefit of health care loan but it's long to get it because I'm not 'crazy' enough for it to be urgent and not in a wheelchair.
If OP is underage/under her parents's guard, she may also not be eligible for certain kind of things. Or she isn't officialy diagnosised yet, and it can take a while.

>> No.7551565
File: 468 KB, 500x292, 4qk5qw.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My confession is that I'm actually a bit envious of girls with a shopping addiction, or rather girls who can shamelessly use other people's money to buy clothes for themselves and make themselves happy.
I'm currently a student and my money comes entirely from my parents and the government (standard for students). The government portion is not enough to fund housing and groceries so my parents supplement it, with something extra to spend on myself. I currently have over €3000 on my 'spending' bank account and am eyeing a €300 Taobao order of 10+ blouses that would be suitable both for lolita and everyday wear, yet I just cannot justify it to myself. I haven't bought new clothes in well over a year and most of what I wear daily is old, horribly unfashionable and, to be honest, somewhat depressing. The part of my brain that's telling me it's okay to treat myself is shouted over by the part that says I'm selfish and vain for even considering spending my parents' money on frilly clothes rather than saving it.

The solution is obviously to find a job and earn my own money but that's not happening for at least another year, possibly more.

>> No.7551568

>>7551565
The simple solution is tell your parents what you're thinking of buying and see what they say. (I'm sure they'll encourage you to get some new clothes!)

>> No.7551574

>>7551565
>€3000 on my 'spending' bank account

What counts is paying your bills and following a budget. If you can spend 300 of that amount and still be able to support yourself, there's no shame in that just because you don't have a job.

>> No.7551583

Doesn't anybody wonder how you can buy all this loli when you don't have a job..?

>> No.7551589
File: 1.67 MB, 282x199, shame cube gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7551565

Oh Anon, I guess I am on the opposite of the problem.

>student
>cannot afford own appartment because rent in my city is too high, and government support would not be enough
>parents cannot support me enough either (4 siblings plus loans for our house here)
>live at home
>have a job
>perfect opportunity to save money for future
>spend all money on burando and cute clothes

I feel bad. I mean, it is my very own money I have earned with my own hands, but I am literally unable to save one damn penny. Whenever I saved something, I end up finding a dress/whatever I want online, and buy it with the money I intended to save, telling myself "Oh I'll replace it with my next paycheck!" and it never happens.

>> No.7551592

>>7551583
Well there's only so many possibilities anon
>mom and dad
>hubby/bf/gf
>sell crafts on etsy
>use student loan money
>have unofficial jobs like selling used panties or camwhoring
>constantly sell old lolita stuff to buy new stuff
Or you could be like this anon >>7551565
and do a half/half situation where the state helps you and then just pocket whatever handouts concerned family/friends might give you.

I personally use a combination of loan money + occasional spending money parents give me + selling my old stuff + job because my real job only pays me $30 a week.
I could probably get welfare for having such a shitty wage and being a student, but eh. Murrica.

>> No.7551600

>>7551583
Student loan (free in my country) and parent's money. I cut down going out and eating at restaurant etc and I have 200€+ left at the end of the month.
I know tons of people doing that, plus working on summer time for complements.

>> No.7551603

>>7551600
>Student loan (free in my country)
Nice, I'm envious.

>> No.7551614

>>7551603
France is a great place. I have to much money to be eligible for regular student loan, but I still can have the governement pay for a part of my flat rent each month, and that's great.

>> No.7551656
File: 997 KB, 245x240, VYokF.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7551568
Thing is my parents aren't remotely into fashion and don't understand how clothes could make me happy. They have no issue with me spending the money on myself, though. We've talked about this before and they suggested I spend it on a videogame or a small vacation instead, because those are supposedly more enjoyable than clothes.

>>7551574
That's probably what I need to hear but my brain's not accepting it. Maybe I'll try to whittle the order down to €200 and if that works out well, get the rest later.
>mfw I have 100+ items on my Taobao wishlist but can only pick a few

>>7551589
I wonder if we'd balance each other out if we were friends or if we'd drive each other nuts.

>> No.7551682

>>7551592
>my real job only pays me $30 a week.

Work more than 4 hours a week and quit your bitching

>> No.7551690

I shoplift and I can't stop.
I know it's bad.

>> No.7551712
File: 75 KB, 420x294, woah.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7551682
>Work more than 4 hours a week and quit your bitching
Must be nice to not have to deal with corporate companies where they have a payroll to uphold and you get scheduled for only one or two days a week which has nothing to do with your 'lack of ambition' to work :^)

>> No.7551779
File: 961 KB, 245x250, tumblr_inline_n57sqzRc2B1qbvn5l.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I did a trip experiment.
we all know that /cgl/ goes absolutely retarded over trips, but to what extent?
people who put on trips just to talk to others and hang out here are despised
are trips who put on trip to help others out cherished?
what about trips that only put on trip to say nice things?
we all know chokelate is worshipped, but why?

for two months, I would put on trip purely to say nice things to other anons
and put on a different trip when I posted content.

>under my trip when I said nice things to others:
"go suck everyone's clit why don't you" "jesus, you're probably some ita who thinks everyone is amazing" "do you think you're better than everyone else? piss off"
off trip, I could say the same thing anon, and no one would care, others would agree with me.
on trip, people would find excuses and try to hunt up drama about me.

>under my content posting trip
"OH MY GOD, YOUR CONTENT SUCKS" "stop posting" "holy shit this is so bad, why are you even here" "your drawing/ meitu is absolute shit!"
again, off trip, I could post the same and no one would care, would actually get compliments for my content. under trip, I recieved insults.

>when posting in irrelevant threads with trip accidentally still on (harmless things mind you)
"oh god its YOU!" "don't you have clit to suck", ect, people would try to derail the thread because I posted. and once the thread was derailed due to others, I would get the blame, despite not responding. IF I responded, or even posted in the thread afterwards, It would create new trip vendettas. "omg stop talking, its all your fault" "you derailed a perfectly good thread by posting in it jfc"

outside of trip, no one gave a shit.
so, the conclusion is

>don't trip, ever. people will look for reasons to hate you no matter what you do.

>/cgl/ needs to calm the fuck down about trips.
we all know the "hi, ____" posts are horrifying, and the derailing perfectly good threads because a trip posted needs to stop.

>> No.7551783

>>7551779
well I've seen Chokelate getting shit for posting under a trip too though, a lot of it actually

>> No.7551786

>>7551783
guess I haven't seen it. probably because we are online at different hours.
its insane.

>> No.7551787

>>7551779
All this proves is that you don't need a trip to be nice, helpful, and to compliment fellow anons.

If anything this validates the theory that trips are fucking attention whores and can't handle even the most cordial of posts without feeling the need to stick their name on it with a "YEAH I SAID THIS GIVE ME CREDIT" attitude.

Trips are for faggots.

>> No.7551791

>>7551783
Probably because you're new and weren't around when she acted like an autistic bitch when she used to frequently trip here.
Luckily for her, this was back before cgl archives became a thing.
She watches and limits what she says now--good.

>> No.7551795

>>7551712

Yea man, but it's a lot more work than sitting on the internet bitching.

>> No.7551796

>>7551787
no, it proves people like you go pants on head retarded regardless of what someone who put ## and a random bunch of numbers/letter in a name box has to say.

>> No.7551798

>>7551795
>Yea man, but it's a lot more work than sitting on the internet bitching.
It was one segment. Literally, and I only said that it pays $30 a week. This board must drive you crazy if you consider that "bitching." But oh well, get back to your important job anon.

>> No.7551800

>>7551796
>it proves people like you go pants on head retarded

People don't like trips.
You just said that things were fine when you didn't trip.
So instead of just doing what logic says is the easier option, you continue to be defiant and force it down everyone's throats that we have to accept your attention whoring.

You sound like the tard. Btw- Which trip are you so I know who's the fucking idiot I have to avoid?

>> No.7551806

>>7551800
the experiment is over. trip is off. I rarely even posted under trip.

I am not forcing anything down anyone's throats.

I'm saying that both /cgl/ and the trip are at fault.

trips, for tripping despite the negative attention, and /cgl/ for freaking out despite what trips said.

why are you so angry?

>> No.7551817

>>7551800
Anon, are you okay?
Do you need a hug?

>> No.7551820

>>7551337
Fuckin cheap ass chinks.

>> No.7551839

>>7551806
>>7551817
Samefag.
Also no1curr.

>> No.7551843
File: 55 KB, 667x387, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7551839

>> No.7551916

I can't understand why you guys can't wait for a fashion, if you're students. I was happy buying small ebay stuff (1€ / 5€) to satiate my shopping addiction til I got a job and it's the best decision I made.

Now I can easily buy a brand new set each month (though that'd be stupid so I don't) and I don't ever feel bad about anything I do with my own money.

If your parents are rich then great, but being independant is really rewarding.

>> No.7551921

>>7551791
but I said that I DID see her getting shit on by cgl while tripping. Including those 'autistic bitch' posts

>> No.7551929

>>7551800
Trips are fucking stupid here because literally EVERY OTHER MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET doesn't just allow posting with a name, but 99.99999% of them encourage or require it.
Why in the fucking fuck would you come to one of the very few places on the whole goddamn internet NOT meant for usernames, and post with a username. Why?? What is logic???
It's like a carnivore going to a Vegan restaurant and complaining there's no steak there. You have free reign literally everywhere else on the planet, you're really complaining that everything in the world doesn't cater to you 100% of the time?

>> No.7551936

>>7551921
So? She's not special.

>> No.7551956

>>7551936
I think that anon's point was even Choke gets shit on for tripping.

>> No.7551965

>>7551936
Not that anon but...
The point. I think you missed it.

>> No.7551974

>>7551956
>>7551965
Right. All trips get shit because there's literally no reason to trip 99% of the time they're doing it.
>shocking revelation
Not. Even she does it for blatant self promotion.

>> No.7551979

>>7551974
They must be tripfags, and of all people I don't know why they'd bring up Chokes. She never trips here, and when she did people had a reason to dislike her because of her know it all attitude about everything.
I can't think of anyone who doesn't trip who honestly gives a shit about how tripfags are treated unless they want or are doing it but don't like the negative attention that goes with it.

>> No.7552006

>>7551347
illness that prevents you to work?
even mentally disabled persons can have little jobs.
are you psychologically disturbed? won't be surprising for a lolita

>> No.7552010

>>7551979
they must be. no one cares when threads get derailed over trip hate except fro trips themselves.

"boo hoo, baww baww I tripped and don't like the consequenses"

fucking trips.

>> No.7552016
File: 59 KB, 585x339, todoke14-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Confession: I literally haven't done a single thing except watch anime, lurk anime forums, drink tea and nap since I got home from college on Saturday.

and I'm not even sorry~

No but really, I should shower or something, this is getting gross but ahhhh all my animu and my mangos, plus what's the point in looking cute when sempai doesn't care about you, anyway? Ahaha... aha... ha...

>> No.7552018

>>7552016
Dude, are you really trying to get the thread derailed? With what people are saying just a post before you?
Are you retarded, or some sort of low-level troll?

>> No.7552019

I really wish I had more friends in my cosplay community. No matter how nice I try to be, I feel like it goes to waste because I've somehow managed to piss off two of the big cosplayers in my community with a misunderstanding, and they won't listen to my apologies, so I feel like they talk shit about me and tell people to stay away from me, but I really don't try to do anything mean or rude..

>> No.7552021

>>7552018
uhhh quoted the wrong person? The anon posted something relevant.

>> No.7552022

>>7552016
holy shit you are an anoyying whiny attentionwhore. piss off.

>> No.7552027

>>7552021
they are.

>>7552016

here ya go you special snowflake. this is why you've doomed yourself.
>>7551779
read this and the posts after it

>> No.7552034

>>7552010
I hate when threads get derailed over trip hate. You know why? Because everything would be better if you would all just SHUT THE FUCK UP AND IGNORED THEM ONCE IN A WHILE.

That's really all it takes: just shut up and treat them like you would an anon. They stop hungering for attention once they realize they're not getting any. Stop causing shit and then complaining about it.

>> No.7552039

>>7552034
trip detected.

>> No.7552040
File: 91 KB, 960x540, 1393821347069.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552027
Sorry, not going to stop using a trip I've had for years just because some people won't calm down over others using trips.

>> No.7552045

>>7552039
Fucking prove it.

I have a point, you know. Maybe if you guys would listen to it, you wouldn't get so many fucking trip fags coming to bother you.

>> No.7552047
File: 52 KB, 723x621, 1399713898413.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I bingeread all the tintin comics last night and now I wanna go on an adventure.
And wear plus fours.
But I spent all my fun-money on loli.
How do I make this feel stop?

>> No.7552050

>>7552040
at least you know why people hate you dumb cunt.

>> No.7552051

>>7551779
Except what you just described IS asskissing, the very definition of it.
People probably didn't care when you didn't trip because.. wait for it... THEY DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THE SAME PERSON MAKING THE SAME COMMENTS ALL THE TIME! Holy shit, are you this fucking retarded.

>> No.7552052

>>7552051
So... just saying nice things to other is asskissing?

You sound like a very well-adjusted and pleasant individual.

>> No.7552058

>>7552052
I say you post this "experimental" trip or I call bullshit on all your counts. There's too many loops for this to be real like >>7552051 for instance.

>> No.7552061

>>7552051
I CAN SPEAK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IM DISGRUNTLED
I CAN ASSUME THINGS EVEN THOUGH I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON
HOLY SHIT THIS ARGUMENT IS POINTLESS
LETS MOVE ON WITH THE THREAD

YOURE RETARDED IM RETARDED WE ARE ALL FUCKING RETARDED THATS LOVELY SHUT THE FUCK UP

>> No.7552067

>>7552052
if you trip, its asskissing, if you don't, its a compliment. plain and simple. trips only post for attention

>> No.7552068

>>7552058
I'm not the trip anon.

If you really can't follow a block of text as small as the one trip anon posted, you may need to take a reading comprehension class. What trip anon posted had a good, organized layout. Go back and reread it, or stop posting because you're just making a fool of yourself by talking without knowing what you're talking about.

>> No.7552069

>>7551779
I assume you're new to /cgl/. If not, you would know that at one point this board was completely ruined by tripfags and their constant drama. There is absolutely no need to have a trip barring very specific circumstances (like as the OP of a contest thread or something to that effect), and having a persistent trip is completely meaningless and contributes nothing to the board. It's not surprising /cgl/ looks upon them unfavorably.

>> No.7552072

Confession:
I really fucking want to wear wa-lolita
idk why, I just do

burn me as a witch
I wouldn't blame you

>> No.7552077

>>7552068
>If you really can't follow a block of text as small as the one trip anon posted, you may need to take a reading comprehension class. What trip anon posted had a good, organized layout. Go back and reread it, or stop posting because you're just making a fool of yourself by talking without knowing what you're talking about.

What the fuck are you on about....?
Is this bait or..?

>> No.7552080

>>7552016
>>7551806
>>7551779

Tinfoil hat time.

Experiment anon is Claudie.

>> No.7552082
File: 216 KB, 500x600, 05031831_5364b77fbeb79.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552072
Any particular reason. If it's because you like the prints there are many Japanese traditional prints you can buy and make something out of.

I think it looks really cute but just be careful of what you buy.

>> No.7552086
File: 44 KB, 444x604, you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552077

>> No.7552088

>>7551603
Student loans are not free.

Either you have a grant/scholarship, because a student LOAN means that you have to pay it back eventually. Perhaps you have an interest free loan?

Why are your parents giving you money? Get a job, if you're over 18 or get out. Student loans are not for japanese fashions, they are for living expenses. It's disgusting that you are mooching off your parents and waisting public loan money on frivolous clothing.

>> No.7552089

>>7552082
I think it's because I like the look of long, big sleeves and a skirt being the same length

So, a standard lolita length, except the sleeves
but I haven't found a print I really like yet

>> No.7552090

>>7552069
is it the trips ruining /cgl/ or the trip vendettas?
or perhaps a little bit of both?
did we already have a lengthy talk about how everyone is tired of "hi, ___" posts and how its the cancer of /cgl/? yes it is.
old /cgl/ isn't new /cgl/ anon, and you need to understand that, over time, things change, and it might be you that is at fault, esp if you are going out of your way to hate on trips specifically.
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S7410274#p7410289

>> No.7552092

>>7552088
* wasting

>> No.7552096

I can relate, OP.

I don't steal things but lately I've been wondering if I should get with this guy who likes me. I'm unemployed and next month I won't have money to pay rent anymore so I'll have to go back to my parents house.
The guy I mentioned has a great career, has his own place and lives very comfortably in a much nicer apartment than the dump I live in. He's a good guy and we share several interests.

I don't really like him in a romantic way, but I've been thinking of giving him a chance and enjoy the security he'd provide me and see if I'll grow to love him.

>> No.7552104

>>7552090
>trip vendettas
Considering these don't exist unless the trips do, what do you think?
Also you have to be a mighty prick at some point to get a whole group of anons that angry to begin with, no sympathy.

>> No.7552123

>>7552104
I personally have sympathy over the threads that get destroyed due to either side not being able to contain themselves.
poor threads, they didnt do anything wrong. I feel bad for the OPs each time.

I just try to stay out of it, and wish others would do the same.

>> No.7552217

>>7551589
I'm in a somewhat similar spot. I'm out of college and have a full-time job, but I can never end up with over $5k or so in savings since I keep finding shit to spend my money on every time I get my checks rather than putting some away.

I have around $35k in student loans which I only make minimum payments on. I could easily put more into them each month, but I keep spending my money on shit and keep justifying it by the fact that my grandpa told me about how he's leaving me enough money in his will to take care of the loans. (At least I don't have a kid or anything to take care of other than myself, thank god)

Here's hoping we can gain some willpower to save a bit more money. Good luck to you anon.

>> No.7552415

My confession is that I hate nerds. I love cosplay, I love "nerdy" things like comics and anime and sff, but I can't stand most of the people I meet with similar interests. They are almost always immature, socially awkward, poorly dressed, and possessing a holier-than-thou attitude about "normalfag" activities like partying, even in their 20s and 30s. I might just be a magnet for these kinds of folks, but god damn. I always hope that each convention will be different, I'll find people with similar interests who aren't raging sperglords, but no. It's always the same shit, and it's why I only have two or three good friends who I can nerd out with.

This rant inspired by having to spend an hour in a cramped diner next to a bunch of morons shouting at each other about reddit and comic book films and not taking a fucking hint when my friend and I literally had to yell our conversation just to hear each other when we were right next to each other.

>> No.7552425

>>7552415
I wish I met more people like you at cons
I'm tired of sweaty, socially inept weirdos

>> No.7552442

>>7552415
>My confession is that I hate nerds

the correct word you're looking for is "geeks"

>> No.7552445

>>7552442
NEERRRRRRRD

>> No.7552452

>>7552445

see, that's correct. i wish more people would realize that what "fans" actually are is "geeks".

geeking out = fandom

>> No.7552466
File: 987 KB, 500x240, ogre-nerds.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552452
Listen you pedant, if the word "literally" can now mean "figuratively", then geek and nerd can be interchangeable.

>> No.7552475

>>7552425
Fucking same, anon. Here's hoping for better encounters in the future.

>>7552442
I thought that while writing the rant, but my rage blinded me.

>> No.7552481

>>7552466

sad times we nerds are living in then.

>> No.7552499

>>7552415
>we start yelling
>you start yelling also
Aye babe I thought we had a thing.

>> No.7552513

I've got an eye for detail and a rather good memory.
Sometimes it makes me sound stalkerish when I talk to other lolitas. I've tried toning it down, but every once in a while something pops out and people seem freaked.

>I'm so sorry guys, I promise I'm not a stalker.

>> No.7552534
File: 37 KB, 230x355, IronMousefromSailorMoon.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm 21 and have begun to sleep with a stuffed animal nightly for no real reason other than it's become comforting(as in physically comfy)

>> No.7552547

>>7552534
I'm 21 and still sleep with my stuffed animal.
I find everytime I do not, I wake up with back pain and/or have nightmares. body pillows are a good solution to this, but I prefer the stuffed animal. you aren't alone.

>> No.7552550

>>7552534
I'm 24 and still have one or two favorites.
My mom is 61 now and still has hers. It's really cute actually.

It's not uncommon at all so no worries.

>> No.7552551

>>7552499
It was only briefly for a few exchanges to see if they'd get the hint. I asked if my friend would be cool with me telling them to tone it down a bit, and she said she'd rather not start any conflict, so we wound up eating our meal in silence while these idiots shrieked away. I won't bother asking for permission next time.

>> No.7552571

>>7552415
THIS.

I really want my boyfriend to go to a convention with me but he refuses because he assumes every "nerd" is like that. I actually know a ton of people who are perfectly sociable and party it up at cons, but my boyfriend is so convinced that its literally impossible and everyone cosplays must have something wrong with them because "its just not not normal for a grown ass adult to dress up as a cartoon character".

Sometimes I don't know why I'm with him tbh.

>> No.7552692

I should be graduating high school this year anons. But instead technically I'm still in 10th grade. I live with my mom along with my granny, and for the past few years she's been ill. I began homeschooling because of stress and around that time was when my grandma went into the hospital. Ever since, I've been taking care of her alongside my mom since I was 15 or so. Now, she just got out the hospital again a few days ago. (First time was for her diabetes getting out of control, this time for double pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and something else we don't know of yet.) My mom has 3 other siblings, an eldest brother, older sister, and younger sister. My uncle is a nice man who helps whenever he comes (lives a state away), my aunt (older sister) sometimes comes by to visit. Youngest is a sack of shit. She lives in the same fucking city and she can't ever help us. My grandma is on oxygen and in a wheelchair now, we've told her we can't do this alone, but we're the ones doing all the damn work. She's the type that parties, drinks like she's 20 when she's in her 40s. My mom has had 2 mini breakdowns recently from all the stress. My confession is that I want my grandma to get better or kick the bucket, as horrible as it is. I am fucking trash for thinking it, but all of this would be over if she was gone. I love her to death, I really do, but I can't take this anymore. She's the only one who likes lolita though. I just wish she'd either get better or die (preferably the former.) I heard my mother talking on the phone to my uncle today, she was crying and saying she wasn't getting better. I feel like I'm never going to make anything of myself since I always care for her, and since we're busy with her we have no time for self-care. I feel like my anxiety and depression is worsening. I just wish our family would help us, especially the people who live close by. Sorry if this isn't "confession-y" enough anons.

>> No.7552702

I'm plotting a coup.

>> No.7552703

>>7552534
I still do that too, anon! It's nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about~

>> No.7552705

>>7552692
That's terrible that they're putting that pressure on you anon.
Have you considered just going for your GED? I think that would be your better option.

>> No.7552717

>>7552705
It's not just me doing all this! It's my mom too, sorry if I made it seem all about me or if I was the only one. I just feel like I should be doing more to help her, I try my best, we both do. I have thought of my GED, but isn't that "looked down upon" by colleges? My mom tells me I should be going to college, but hell, we can't afford that. I feel like I need to graduate to try and get a scholarship or something. I just don't even know what I want to be! Besides, at this point, I don't think I can go off to college. My mom would be left by herself to take care of my grandma.

>> No.7552720

>>7552703
You're ugly.

>> No.7552724 [DELETED] 

>>7552720

post reported

>> No.7552727

>>7552717
GED's aren't looked down upon, it'll be much better than being kept back in highschool. You can apply for scholarships with a GED, go for the uncommon ones.

you don't really have to know what you want to be, if you take general courses you can boost up your gpa and transfer to wwhatever program.
You have to focus on your life otherwise it'll cause many more negatives than positives. Especially on your mental well being.

>> No.7552733

>>7552089
Atelier Pierrot has/had? a blouse that had kimono sleeves
dont go full wa-loli

>> No.7552735

>>7552534
I'm 22 and I still sleep with my childhood toy that I've had since I was 2. I actually carry it with me around the house. never really thought it was weird lol.

>> No.7552736

>>7552534
It's okay anon. I have a teddy bear my husband gave me back when we were dating. We nicknamed it cuddlebear and I'll sometimes cuddle it to help me sleep when my husband's out.

>> No.7552748

>>7552096
Do it. It may work out. I didn't really have feelings for my boyfriend before we got together but I gave him a chance and it really surprised me. But my boyfriend ended up being hot in the end so I guess that's part of it...

>> No.7552749
File: 71 KB, 280x373, rrp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552089
another alternative could be princess sleeves. theyre not quite as long but still look just as pretty and are more accepted within lolita. theyre my ultimate love.

>> No.7552760

My birthday is coming up and I'm trying to be cheerful, planning my birthday dinner and such, but none of my friends seem excited. They seem mad at me about something, and I don't even know what it is. They've been hanging out without me, and when I do get invited and come to hangouts, they barely talk to me and don't even include me in their group selfies. I have no idea why they're being like this after we've been friends for almost 10 years and I've always supported them and done nice things for them, even though we don't have that much in common and I'm easily the most unattractive in the group. I'm on the verge of cancelling the dinner, but I think that would just make them more upset, so I'll probably end up just going through with it, although I feel like barely anyone is even going to come. My mom thinks they're planning to surprise me and that's why they're acting weird, but I know that's not the case. I feel confused, small, and very ugly. Sigh.

>> No.7552763

>>7552760
they sound like a bunch of cunts, anon. i hope they end up explaining or being nice again, but watch them. if they keep this up i think you should drop them and find better friends.

>> No.7552772

>>7552760
> seem mad at me
> hanging out without me
> barely talk to me and don't even include me
> we don't have that much in common

Sounds like a classic falling out. It's a little hard being interested in someone who shares zero interests with you. Interests naturally change with time, so it's important to adapt. Either try finding a hobby you can all enjoy together or find new friends? I feel as though they feel you've become more withdrawn, and that they don't know what to do about it.

>> No.7552784

>>7552772
Our main shared hobby is bowling, which we usually do on summer nights when our local alley has a special discount. We also dabble in amateur drag racing, another thing we only partake in during the summer. I hope now that the weather is getting warmer here we'll be hanging out more, doing those things we all enjoy, and I'll feel like part of the group again, but if I don't get invited to even those things, I'll understand and that'll probably be that for our friendship.

>> No.7552788

>>7552784
You said they were hanging out without you. Do the others live in the same area / go to the same establishment on a daily basis? How extroverted are you?

>> No.7552810
File: 20 KB, 640x480, yui-hugging-azusa-001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552724
aw shit, masa, you didn't have to do that, but thanks haha

>>7552772
Exactly this; while you might be experiencing a falling out with your friends, it may also be that you yourself have become more introverted and withdrawn around them, making it difficult for them to socialize with you as you used to. I know you must be really nervous hanging around them if they seem to be mad at you or not including you, but maybe try to engage with them just a bit more and things could go bak to normal? Anyway, good luck anon! Happy almost Birthday!!

>> No.7552818

>>7552692
You really have no time to study because you're caring for your granny? Does she need help 24/7?

>> No.7552820

>>7552788
We all live within 10 miles of each other, we're high school friends and have always been like family to each other. We all attend different colleges and work different jobs except for two of us, so as the years have gone by it's become increasingly difficult for us to find time to be together. That's especially why it's so crushing that on multiple recent occasions, they've all met up and I didn't even find out until I went on Facebook. I wasn't even asked if I was free. We're all extroverts, but I'm probably the least talkative, it was never a problem before so I don't understand why it would be now. None of this makes sense to me at all.

>> No.7552824
File: 813 KB, 783x553, tumblr_mxogetGpp41ql1g8mo2_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552072
I'm not in the exact same boat, but tangentially related I would /loooooove/ to wear a really pretty brand furisode to a con for a day. I just think they're so cute. But I know it'd be hall weeby plus if tumblrites got wind of it I'd probably get my blog full of angry anons screaming "muh cultural appropriation".

>> No.7552826

>>7552534
I got a teddy bear when i was 8. I'm 25 and he still sleeps in my bed.

>> No.7552837
File: 86 KB, 280x373, bk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552824
Why not wear one to a local Japanese festival, if you have any near you? Some cities have cherry blossom viewing events events that are centered around Japanese culture, so it could be appropriate to wear one there, and it would seem much less like just a costume than if you wore it to a con, I think. I totally get what you're saying about wanting to wear a furisode; they're super gorgeous and I'm forever jealous of my Japanese friends that get all dressed up for their 20th.

>> No.7552978

>>7552818
basically, yes. even more so now that she's on oxygen. i will admit that i am lazy (and my depression contributes to this heavily) but she has to have help doing almost everything now. she's lost all feeling in her bladder so she has a catheter too. now that she's home from the hospital, everyone's insisting that she eats 3 meals a day (she normally doesnt get hungry till dinner) so i'll probably have to start cooking for her too.

>> No.7553034

>>7552534
>finally won a giant lizard plushie after a few tries
>so huge it took up the twin bed
>comfortably slept under it for years
>eventually had to toss it out
>slept awkwardly without it
>since then, sleep with a long pillow on top, cushioned by other pillows around
Really even before I got that awesome prize, I've been a body pillow hugger since as a kid, plus soft toys and teddy bears surrounding my bunk bed frame.

>> No.7553045

Cheated on my girlfriend a month ago with an old friend of hers. The guilt sometimes feels like its eating me alive, but I know that telling her would devastate her and ruin our good relationship, so I'm not going to tell her. It's a really heavy burden though.

>> No.7553055

>>7553034
The funny thing is I never used to be because I'd find my stuffy on the floor the next morning and it made my kid self feel bad for my stuffed animals

>> No.7553065

>>7552724
you know announcing reports is a rule violation~

>> No.7553084

>>7553045
>I'm not going to tell her

good for you, don't ever let her know. it's past the point of being able to be discussed.

know that you're not alone, i've been keeping a one night stand from my girlfriend of 6 years for 2 years. totally regret it, but i can never mention it now.

after we're married, even if i told her, our trust would be ruined for the rest of our lives, and it'll be stuck in her head that i'm a liar and cheater, even if i have no intentions of cheating on her now.

>> No.7553085

>>7553055
I know that feel, before I got the top bunk, I tried to keep my stuffies against the wall and around the head bed frame, though a few times the very small ones fell between the gap anyway.

>> No.7553093

Cosplaying with a long time best friend soon and I'm worried people will make fun of her for being fat, especially in comparison to how small I am. She knows how to construct her cosplays to flatter her, but I still can't help feeling worried for her.

>> No.7553099

>>7553084
You explained everything I was thinking and feeling much better than I could. Thanks for the support.

I know that telling her would just ruin the great thing we have going, and it would be stupid to let one mistake ruin that. Again, thank you.

>> No.7553111

I've only been working for 3 months as a nanny(6-20hrs per week depending but it's been slow lately), but I've spent about $680(including a $110 purchase I made before I got it) on lolita and I'm waiting for a $400+shipping Taobao payment to go through(fucking Alipay) after previously not being in the fashion.
not including the 1 thing I've sold I own/will own strictly lolita stuff:
3 ops(2 taobao 1 bodyline)
8 jsk's(1 taobao 1 handmade 6 brand(IW)
6 skirts(4 brand(2 IW, 1 ABoiz,1 btssb, 1 meta) 1 taobao)
1 blazer(btssb)
3(taobao) blouses+a bunch of offbrand

I feel guilty especially since I'm just getting some petti's in my latest tb order (moot needs to give us spoilers), but I've sworn off of buying more after my tb order until I've saved up a certain amount of $$ in my actual savings and not the tax free one.

>> No.7553117

>>7553085
I was just on a regular bed, but I was one of those kids who would radically change positions and where my head was facing nightly. I think I fell off a few times

>> No.7553147

>>7552088
Anon probably used the wrong word because they're French. Many European countries give financial support to students that technically counts as a debt. In my country that debt is waived if you graduate within 10 years, so it becomes a gift. You can get a proper loan on top of that with a low interest rate.

But even if it IS a loan, why do you care what anon spends it on? They're going to pay it back so it's not like they're stealing from the government. It's only a problem if they spend so much money on their hobbies that they can no longer afford food and rent, and nobody here is talking about that. Plus unless their parents are financially struggling I don't see a problem with getting support from them. My parents are doing fine and spent my entire life saving up so that I could live comfortably while getting a good education. They'd rather give me money so I can focus on my studies and succeed than push me to get a job and see my grades drop.

Your post reminds me of my boyfriend's ex-flatmate. She was vehemently against 'mooching' but, like most students here, didn't have time to get a job (I don't know if there are differences between countries but here studying counts as a fulltime job you're expected to spend 40+ hours/week on). So instead of taking out a loan or borrowing from her parents she 'borrowed' from her flatmates and tried to guilt them into letting her not have to pay it back. At least she wasn't mooching off anyone important, though, right? That would be disgusting.

>> No.7553169

>>7552088
My parents don't want me to work. They had to work hard during their studies and want me to be able to focus on my studies without having to worry about money. That's how it works in my country, thanks to state allowance nearly no student works during their school time, even the poorer one. We nearly all work during vacation time though.
I'm not 'mooching off' any one, I just use what I can to live properly. My parents give me a ridiculous amount of money each month and are constantly worried I could lack of anything, so I put half the money aside for travels and such and I spend the rest in lolita, because I like it.
Tons of people use their money to get wasted, going out or buy expensive mainstream clothes then beg their parents for more at the end of the month. I have money, I lanage it well and I do whatever the fuck I want with it.

>> No.7553172

>>7553169
Manage* fuck

>>7553147
Loan is not the best word, yes, sorry. And wow, that's some pretty bad flatmate.

>> No.7553178

>>7552513
I have the same thing! I'll remember people and things they have said to me for years, even if we only spoke once. So many awkward conversations where I remember someone from an encounter four years ago and they have no idea who I am... I try to hide it but like you, sometimes it just pops out. I wish people would stop assuming I'm obsessed with them just because I remember what they told me their dream dress was.
On the other hand I get annoyed with people when they don't remember anything I told them, because it makes me feel like they don't care. I know some people just have terrible memories so I don't let them know it annoys me, but it does. Just a little.

>> No.7553186

>>7551779
I'm laughing so hard this is amazing
the asspained responses are just the icing on the cake

>> No.7553195
File: 75 KB, 566x470, 1386498871083.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7551347
>Illness so I can't work waahh
Even if you are fucking crippled you can work, eat shit and die you thief.

>> No.7553202

>>7553084
How about both of you leaving them so they can find someone who isn't a total piece of shit, since you don't deserve to be with those ladies yourselves

>> No.7553208

>>7553169
She was a colossal cunt and I'm so glad we don't have to deal with her anymore, even if she still hasn't paid him back in full. Her holier-than-thou attitude just made the whole thing more insufferable since she didn't even think she was doing anything wrong.

Also from >>7553169 it seems our situations are very similar (I'm >>7551565 and >>7551656). When I moved out of my parents' house they started throwing money at me every month. When my mother was a kid she was forced to work in her parents' business and her grades suffered so much she couldn't attend any of the secondary education she wanted. She doesn't want that for me, so she saved up. I'm saving most of what they give me and slowly getting accustomed to the idea that buying nice things for myself once in a while doesn't make me an ungrateful brat.

You're also totally right about those people who spend all their money on booze. I don't look down on them for it (different strokes for different folks) but I don't understand how that's somehow more noble than buying frilly clothes with good resale value. Do we just get more shit because people don't understand the appeal of our hobby vs. going out and getting drunk with friends?

>> No.7553218

>>7553195
Well, no. Most job are not wheelchair friendly, at least no degreeless job. If you have debilitating illness, most job will be way to harsh to do. If you have mental disabilities, most job with social interactions will be way to difficult.
Basically, you can't have a student job if you have some serious illness. That's what state allowance is for.

>> No.7553220

>>7553195
Troll alert.

>> No.7553244

>>7553208
Well, we are pretty well-off albeit not rich by any mean, but both my parents came from a really poor background, poor enough for my father to struggle to buy law books back when he was at uni. They taught me to value money for what it can bring, not for what it is. Money is meant to be spent, not hoarded, and if I make smart choices on my expenses, I will never regret it. That's why I don't look down on people buying booze and eating at McDonalds every week, but I'd rather have a new dress and eat at a nice restaurant once a month. I don't understand why it would be viewed as frivolous to pay for a little part of luxury once in a while, if I can and if it makes me happy.
Both my parents are pretty found of fashion, even if they don't like lolita. They know that clothes makes me happy, and even if they advise me to save up aside (which I'm used to do any way), they see no problem in the way I spend the money they gave me to use.

I honestly think that people don't realize how much they tend to spend in booze and outings. When I mention the price of brand new dresses (I always buy second-hand), people look at me with big eyes, even if their friends next to them is in full Ralph Lauren. But then I ask them to add up all that money they spend at Starbucks, McDonals, in booze, in accessories and at parties this month, and it tend to be way more than a single brand dress.

>> No.7553249

I want to complain about my "friend" on cgl so fucking bad but I know she goes here.

>> No.7553252

>>7553244
>>7553208
>>7553169

Jesus, you guys go on forever.

>> No.7553262

>>7552717
If you're really worried about whether or not you'd be looked down upon by colleges, or how you could get financial aid, I REALLY recommend you contact local colleges' financial aid department. (I don't know if you have any colleges you want to go to, but I would check those first.) Even if you don't "qualify" for financial aid, sometimes meeting with the financial aid staff helps. If they say no, ask to see their boss. And if they say no, ask to see that person's boss. Repeat until results. I had a friend who did this (similar situation to you, family member chronically ill, spent most time caring for them) and she actually received full aid.

>> No.7553440

>>7553249
Change some minor details about the story, age, location etc.

>> No.7553465

>>7553440
what if you're the friend

>> No.7553468

>>7552733
The princess sleeves don't satisfy me

I want to go full wa-loli one day
mark my words I will be on every ita thread but I will be damn satisfied

>> No.7553534

>>7553084
>>7553045
Would you feel the same way if it were the other way around? If your girlfriends were complete pieces of trash and cheated on you, would you rather never find out about it? I hope both of your girlfriends find out and are able to move on to people who actually love them and would never make such a "mistake".

>> No.7553578

>>7553440
here we go
>>7553576

I'd rather confront her to her face about this issue though, because "I deserved it" was just.. a bit much

>> No.7554338

>>7553534

Honestly? Yes, I would rather not find out. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

>> No.7555724

A childhood friend of mine had a short run wearing Lolita. She would wear it to cons or the rare occasion that she attended a meet. This friend and I starting falling out, she was beginning to do drugs and hanging out with a not so pleasant crowd. Everytime I tried to see her she was either high off her ass or would not stop talking about her or her new friends latest run in with the police. She had about 2-3 full brand coords that started collecting dust because of her new 'lifestyle' and since she wasn't too sales comm savvy and I had established feedback, asked me to try and sell off a big portion of the pieces. The pieces were a little difficult to sell off and took some time, but by the time that I was able to, her and I completely stopped talking. I found out that she was in and out of rehab and a few of her 'friends' had passed because of drug & gang related activity. I kept the money from her sales and used it towards a trip that I was taking. I have literally never told anyone this story.

>> No.7555743

>>7553045
If you cheated, then you don't have a good relationship. End it now.

>> No.7555747

>>7555724
Whatever, if you gave it to her she would've spent it on drugs anyway. If she doesn't OD and die or recovers some day maybe you should do something nice for her, but otherwise don't stress.

>> No.7555749

>>7555724
Don't feel guilty. You tried to be a good friend and did what you could. Consider that money payback for being supportive friend. Her falling out and turning to drugs was her mistake, not yours.

>> No.7556585

I've met actual brandwhores who are horrible in person, but are 20x worse online

I wish I could of screenshotted everything, or recorded their conversations.

>you mean you thrifted those accessories? haha, what a poorfag Ita!

>Bodyline will never be Lolita, fucking casuals calling it lolita is just pathetic.

>remember ex-comm member ____? I heard she's poor now! what a loser!

they exist.. and its horrifying.

>> No.7556590

>>7555724
Did you still send the dresses at least?

>> No.7556592

I've met actual brandwhores who are horrible in person, but are 20x worse online.

I wish I could of screenshotted everything, or recorded their conversations.

heres some things I overheard:

>you mean you thrifted those accessories? haha, what a poorfag Ita!

>Bodyline will never be Lolita, fucking casuals calling it lolita is just pathetic.

>remember ex-comm member ____? I heard she's poor now! what a loser!

>____ wants to go to japan sooo bad, its not that hard to save up, bitch! actually save your money and you can go once a year.

they exist.. and its horrifying. like a spoiled rich girl clique.
I wish I had proof, I wish I wasn't joking.

>> No.7556898

>>7551483
... How many of us French Lolitas read /cgl/, really?
Ravie de te rencontrer aussi !

>> No.7556910
File: 1.84 MB, 582x313, 1398124565628.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7552720
pic related

>>7556592
>"actually save your money and you can go once a year"
What the hell? The plane tickets and hotel costs would be bad enough, but when you add in going shopping from brand, that gets stupidly expensive. You'd have to have a very well paying job to pull that off every single year.

>> No.7556996

>>7552692
I know this is late, but you're not trash for wanting her to die. My grandmother had several health problems and required constant care too. Put my mom and her sister (her primary caretakers) under a ton of stress. I was relieved when she died this past January because not only did it take a ton of pressure off of my family, but it meant she wasn't in so much pain anymore.
Also, I have my GED too and it doesn't matter. Just get it over with and your anxiety about it will be a lot better, trust me.

>> No.7557012

>>7556910
I know. I've witnessed some girls go broke from trying to fit in with them.
and then they would make fun of them for being broke afterwards.

other things I've overheard :

>"haha, she's so dumb, I head she has ramen twice a day now"

>"lol, really? haha, she's gonna get so fat, that can't be healthy!"

>"she used to think she was such hot shit too, ramen, that's fucking pitiful"

>> No.7557013

>>7556585
where, anon?

>> No.7557039

>>7557013
I don't want them on my ass too.
its a small comm though, due to those girls being in it.

and just realized double post, too late to delete it 4chan wont allow it.

>> No.7557056

>>7556590
Absolutely! I'm really anal about making sure things are sent asap and presented well. I received positive feedback for all of the transactions.

>>7555747
I've considered this. Her and I were really close friends for literally, nine years. I did everything I could think of to be there for her and help but I slowly started accepting the fact that my kindness was being used. Maybe one day things will turn around. If that happens, it would take a lot for me to trust her again but I want nothing more than to see her healthy.

>> No.7557107

>>7552072
>>7552082
>>7552824

you can get a lot of secondhand kimono in random places, go for it!

>> No.7557346

>>7556898
I want naaaaames i just wanna know who in the french comm/belgian comm/... read /cgl/
Ravie de vous rencontrer toutes

>> No.7557349

>>7556898
French loli reporting.
I'm not part of any comm though, despite living near Paris.

>> No.7557351

>>7557349
Same here,lone lolita. Being in a comm is such a hassle

>> No.7557353

>>7557346
>>7557349
We should do a french-speaking seagull meet. No ita, no hugbox, only well dressed poeple out for a nice tea.

>> No.7559184

>>7557346
Me too !

>>7557349
>>7557351
Me neither, I'm abroad at the moment, and I didn't bother with comms before.

>>7557353
YES. This fall, please. I won't be back before.

>> No.7559231

>>7552016
Maybe sempai won't notice you because you have exceptionally shit taste in anime.

>> No.7559259
File: 3 KB, 129x494, what.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

During some depression I pushed away people, stopped making costumes, and gave my lolita items to a younger girl that lived next to me. I sought out companionship on the internet because I was retarded and thought I would find people "more like me". I made some internet friends, but I grew tired of them playing the victim for every-fucking-thing and demonizing people who can live their daily lives. I promised to devote myself to them as their faithful long distance friend, but I fuckin lied. I'm just some bitch who is confused about my life, and sometimes I offer a hand to people whom I shouldn't offer it to. I'm too nice and it's all for selfish reasons, because it makes me feel good.

I vanished from the internet for some time because I was spending all my time with a RL friend whom I'd pushed away previously. She is the closest person to me and we are going to cosplay together and wear coordinating outfits and it will be great. Shit, maybe we'll get married and wear matching lolita wedding dresses. Just kidding, I don't think girls can marry girls in my state.

But I turned on my computer today and I don't even want to open this shit goddamn

>> No.7559274

I work in fast food that barely pays above minimum wage. While I don't have many bills, I have to save for retirement because I know I can't work forever because of my health problems. I wish I was one of those people who had their parents take care of all their problems and could give them a huge inheritance. Then I could buy brand instead of ordering cheap stuff from Taobao.

>> No.7559280

>>7557012
How do these people make their money? Rich parents?

I'm a poor college student now, but I want to get into i-banking so I could be able to afford that sort of lifestyle.

>> No.7559283

I 4chan/BTB members of my own comm and other comms in my area all the time.

>> No.7559291
File: 256 KB, 460x345, tumblr_mqask6YQlP1reggswo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>won my first Lacemarket auction two days ago
>seller contacts me with the "hey you won, this is your paypal, right?"
>Hasn't contacted me again yet

Let me...let me give you money, I'm so excited for the thing!

>> No.7559292

>>7559280
>I'm a poor college student now

I just split up my student loan into budgets and appropriate some of that money towards lolita. I claim I use it towards 'food' to appease the approval of my parents for not spending my money on "stupid shit." Unfortunately I only earn enough at my current job to put gas in my car, and I can't take on too many hours during semesters because the workload puts me into overstress mode.

It's essentially just borrowed time and I will need to pay it all back plus interest later, but it makes me happy.
I'm a little jealous of some of my girl friends because some married young and their spouse's extra income affords them more free spending monies.

>> No.7559296

>>7559292
That's not really an option for me. I go to a no loan school, so my parents are paying quite a bit and the school's financial aid covers the rest. I never see a drop of that money. D:

But getting a student loan is pretty dumb, tbh. No loan schools are the best.

>> No.7559305

>>7559296
No loan schools are okay if you have parents that will help you, or if you can support your entire time on scholarships, grants, or assistantships.
I go to a state school. My undergrad was completely paid for by my parents because it was affordable, plus I had a few scholarships from when I used to be ambitious. For some reason they just suddenly wanted $4k extra for graduate semesters and my parents said "lolno" and so here I am with loans. Though I should only have about $20k in loans after I'm done. Which isn't the most terrible amount ever.

>> No.7559308

>>7559305
I don't think you know what a no loan school is.

>> No.7559316

>>7559308
Maybe we're not on the same page (or country) care to explain?

>> No.7559324

>>7551712
I think you might just be a shitty worker, because I work for a corporate company working minimum wage in a very replaceable position, and I get 30 hours a week.

If you're a good worker, they'll give you hours. You're probably just a bad worker.

>> No.7559332

>>7559324
Depends on the corporation I think. Different Anon, but I also work retail and normally get 28 hours a week, consistently. I'm a very hard worker. I have just lost most of my hours because we hired too many new kids and the total hours got cut. No one is happy about it. But there not a whole lot that can be done about it at the moment.

>> No.7559334

>>7559324
>If you're a good worker, they'll give you hours.
Depends on the store. Places with high turnover don't give a shit if you're a good worker, because you're replaceable. When I worked in a super market, they based hours on wages/how long you'd been there. People who had been there for less time got better hours because they were cheaper to pay. Then, people who had higher wages would get frustrated and quit. The people who got the most hours were the ones who had been there long enough to know their shit, but not long enough to have gotten more than one pay increase (90 days to 6 months, roughly).

I went from getting 35+ hours a week to 8. So after a few months of bullshit, I requested to transfer to a different department and got more hours for about 6 months (almost always over 40), until the manager of that department resigned. Her replacement wanted to hand pick her staff, so I got shunted back to CSR, where they dumped me down to one 4 hour shift a week until I finally found a new job and quit.

>> No.7559340

>>7559332
>>7559334
Different anon from these too but I'll also add that if you're a student they will also be less likely to give a shit about your hours because they figure you have none or are on loans.

I had to watch a girl beg to our manager the other day to give her more work.

Also
>4 hour shift a week feels

>> No.7559345

>>7559334
Also adding, I worked for a second company later on which was worse. I was hired for management level work, but only paid $8.50 per hour. I was desperate, so I took it on, but looked for other work on the side (only stayed six months before finding a better situation).

They expected me to work less than 24 hours a week due to payroll restrictions, with the sort of sly wink that I should work while clocked out to finish things that didn't get done during my shift. There are companies out there who are just assholes, regardless of how hard you work.

>> No.7559408

>>7559184
I will try to post something in the lolita general at the end of the summer.

>> No.7559426

>>7556996
Thank you anon, that makes me feel better. I'm sorry for your loss.

>> No.7559432

>>7552692
You're not horrible, in fact it's really shitty that she and your family are putting that on you when you are young and should be making a life for yourself.
Man I can't even imagine doing that to my kids and grandkids when I get older. I would just bite the bullet and die. It's not like quality of life is going to be all that great and when you get that sick you're really not going to somehow magically get any better.

>> No.7559440

>>7557351
Well I'm simply happy buying the clothes, though I do admit I'd like friends interested in jfashion, but joining a whole comm is overkill for me.

I liked the age of forums, it was much more simple to discuss stuff and make friends there.

>> No.7559447

>>7559440
whats a hassle? you don't have to go to meets if you don't want to

>> No.7559474

>>7551337
>Im a sugar babe
>I never had sex whit sugar daddy
>he buys all my lolita stuff
>I still convince him to buy my shit saying that I love him

>> No.7559633
File: 861 KB, 400x225, 1362839942836.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Glad to hear there were some anons in similar money situations as me.
I'm living with my parents while going to college and working weekends. I don't make enough to move out let alone make a dent in my loans yet. When I was a freshman I asked my mother what to do with the money I was making and she told me to just to do whatever I wanted with it. So I took that as buying any and every piece of anime merchandise I've ever wanted. I've realized that ~75% of my money goes toward buyfagging.

>> No.7559651

>>7559280
If you work even part time and still live with your parents, basically you're rolling in cash (except if your parents ask for a rent, though it still won't be the same as rent+bills+food+transport+others)

Living with your partner also mean that you save on half the rent + bills.
I'm not earning much but that's what I do and I can spend around 600€/month while saving up and paying my rent.

>> No.7559652

>>7559474
You want to get death threats once you break up? Because that's how you'll get them

>> No.7559657

>>7559651
Bullshit.

I live with my parents, work 30 hours a week, and I make ~$250-300 every two weeks, which then goes towards my car, gas, and medical bills.

Living with parents =/= living with no financial responsibility.

>> No.7559864

>>7559657
>work 30 hours a week
>make ~$250-300 every two weeks

The fuck? How much do you make an hour? I get minimum wage and I still clear at least $450 on 30 hours a week before tips.

>> No.7559867

>be 21
>have fun at conventions
>have a cool hobby making costumes
>make tons of friends and meet the coolest people
>voice in back of head saying, "How many more years can I do this before I look like a loser?"

>> No.7559872

>>7559867
this oh god

>> No.7559879
File: 203 KB, 640x480, 1385166652178.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559867
>just got into this scene at 23
>silent sigh of relief whenever I meet people older than me

>> No.7559920
File: 39 KB, 640x360, shame.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a confession to make, and I actually stopped sewing for five minutes just to come here and let it out.

I just realized that the only way I can focus on sewing and actually enjoy it is by taking at least a small dose of Adderall when I start.

I don't have a prescription, because my doctor doesn't agree that I should have one when it's 'only interfering with hobbies'. I'm sorry, cunt, but my hobbies keep me happy, and my inability to focus on them after working fifty hours a week makes me MISERABLE.When I can't focus, my craftsmanship is noticeably worse and that further depresses me. As a result, I buy them from friends whenever I can, but I'd much rather do the legal route. This isn't like me, I'm usually fairly straight laced. The only people who know are the friends who supply me, and now you guys.

But goddamn am I getting shit done, and it feels better to get it off my shoulders, even anonymously.

>> No.7559923

My boyfriend wants kids, preferably somewhere in the next few years. I want kids too, and I'd rather be a young mom than an older one.
But I'm really worried about consolidating my wardrobe with motherhood. Children, especially very young ones, can be just plain gross and other parents can be awfully judgmental. I don't want to be that crazy woman with the crazy clothes whose kid gets bullied for having a crazy mother but I also don't want to give up feeling pretty. Lolita is the only thing I've ever felt pretty in.

I don't want to be one of those mothers who gave up their whole life to their kids but I also feel vain and selfish.

>> No.7559928

>>7559657
Well obviously, there's exceptions. Sorry you have to pay for that (why are your medical bills recurrent by the way ?)

I also know some kids who have to work to help their own family so they barely have anything. But most of the time I rarely see parents letting their kids pay for car insurance, gas and bills. Also I'm from europe so school and medical bills are no problems :/

Sorry for your situation anon.

>> No.7559930

>>7559920
maybe you can't focus after working because you're fucking tired
don't be a dick to your doctor when they're doing their job and not giving you add meds when you clearly don't have add

>> No.7559933

>>7559920
Have you heard of modafinil? I've heard that works and you can buy it from alldaychemist. I've also heard hydroxystim is really similar to adderall, a girl I know with ADHD takes that instead.
Otherwise, find a different doctor. Don't tell them it's just for hobbies though.

>> No.7559934

>>7559923
Sure people will judge you, but those people can fuck themselves with a rusty spatula. You never see men getting shit for pursuing hobbies, careers, or even just going to the fucking bar when they have kids.

>> No.7559936

>>7559923
My local comm has a few mothers and their kids are really well behaved and respectful. If I hadn't known them, I would think it's impossible to do both but they manage well enough. I'm not experienced on that topic, but I'd imagine it's all about keeping a balance between the two?

>> No.7559946
File: 48 KB, 159x249, Tanaka_mug.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559879
imo 23 isn't that old. I mean all the notable cosplayers are actually easily in their early thirties. I was just referring to that moment that you realize this isn't really a hobby you can do forever without the public eye scrutinizing you.

Eventually we all become 40 somethings doing commisions for youngins and fond memories of running around in costumes.
...which is kind of cool and sad at the same time....

>>7559920
Is it just me or do I only hear good things about what people do on adderall?

>> No.7559948

>>7559879
Man, I'm 21 and I was starting to feel old for cosplay, but to be honest most of my cosplaying friends now are like 25-35 easily

>> No.7559949

>>7559930
It's on my days off as well and has been an ongoing problem since I started, just never connected the dots until recently. My old doctor tried to prescribe them to me when I was college a few years ago but I declined. Now I'm regretting it. Going to have to find someone new like >>7559933 said. I've never had any sort of addictive personality and wouldn't want to abuse it, anyway. I've heard there can be a hell of a withdrawal with regular use.

I'll look into modafinil. It's legal to get it in the US without a prescription?

>> No.7559954

>>7559946
Higher doses give you a speedy feeling that I can't stand, but low doses (I usually get 20mg immediate release and break them in halves or thirds, the XR last too long and too strong for my tastes) give you a nice clarity, positive mindset, and make it easier to focus and generally be creative. I do my best cosplay related problem solving on Adderall. Oddly enough, I have a friend who does the same thing when she smokes weed. One would think that would dull your ability to focus on a project?

>> No.7559991

>>7559345
>I should work while clocked out to finish things

Hahaha, fuck those guys. Good thing you got out of there. I would have quit on the spot.

>> No.7560010

>>7559879
I have this same thought process. I'm 21 and just started cosplay last year but everyone nerdy I know has already had their "cons and cosplay" stages, sometimes the people at meets and things are way younger than me, I have to just top and remind myself "you are not old and you can do this for a few more years with no problem".

>> No.7560025
File: 82 KB, 650x450, 15yearoldhomestucks.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559867
>>7559879
>>7559872
>>7559948
>>7559946
>>7560010

My friend is a homestuck and used this GIF to describe what the community is like. It's uncomfortable how accurately this sums up all of convention culture, tho.

>> No.7560033

>>7551527
Same here and in same situation as you, I can't work either because autism, and it takes a very long time to get disability in the US, lots of tests and exams, etc.

>> No.7560042

I havent had a non internet friend in a few years. So, when I got into lolita I decided to make friends. Currently I'm in a position where there are a few lolis I talk to at meets. They all are very good friends but I wish they would include me in their casual outings. I feel I don't get invited because I cant afford to buy new Brand releases like them. Older (but still cute print) brand dresses arent cutting it but I cant afford the super popular prints like them.

>> No.7560057

>>7560042
I am in the same boat as you but I haven't started going to meets yet because I don't have enough lolita yet and I would feel embarrassed. I have met a few lolitas at conventions and they were all so nice, but I can't afford to buy any more yet to feel like going to meets would be justified and make friends with people who share the same hobby with me. I've been into lolita for around 6 or 7 years now and know so much about it, but I don't have anyone to talk to about it except /cgl/ ;_;

>> No.7560059
File: 56 KB, 281x163, 3772501+_be2a34fddc5b435eb0fd590726acd2a3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7559231
But Kimi ni Todoke is so cute~

Plus is was popular enough to be made into a live action, so a lot of people don't think it's shitty at all

>> No.7560066

>>7551712
It's a lack of ambition that you don't pick up an extra job or find a better one with better hours, don't give me that piss poor excuse

>> No.7560071

>>7560042
I'm pretty sure what you're wearing is the least likely reason, unless they're judgemental bitches. Do you have non lolita interests in common and can you talk about them? Are you sure it's not just because they're better friends with each other than they are with you? If you've only just started hanging out with them it can be a bit weird to invite you too soon, especially if they're still getting to know you, or if you don't actually fit in to their existing friend group that well.

>> No.7560086

>>7560066
Idiot.

>> No.7560089

>>7552692
Nah, anon. Your words sting so bad it hurts. I went through the SAME exact situation as you, probably even worse, and I never wanted my grandma to pass away. You'll regret even thinking that once she's gone.

>> No.7560117

>>7560059
i-i like kimi ni todoke too, it makes me happy ;_; sawakooo

>> No.7560170

>>7551337

My legally blind friend wants to come to D*con with me, but he doesn't have a job because he's vision impaired. He lost his disability about a year ago and won't take the time to appeal (he doesn't know how to go about the process). He's a really great friend and it's rare I find someone who matches my love for JRPGs, but I think that, given his disability and lack of funds, that he should probably not go with me to D*con. I just don't know how to tell lhim, and I feel like a shitty friend for thinking this way in the first place. He's just so excited over it, but I don't want to have to babysit him the entire time because he can't see where he's going or he needs to me read out things to him or show him where certain things are.

>> No.7560191

>>7560170
I don't want to make you feel guilty or preach at you anon, but I think you should definitely take him along. Even if he's low on funds, I assume he can't get out all that much and it sounds as if this will make him really happy, and he'll be horribly disappointed if you can't take him. Just be a friend.

>> No.7560245

A lot of my good friends are just now starting to have an interest in lolita which I thought was awesome till they started to buy stuff. They are all very ita. I try super hard to give them advice and teach them how to make a coord but the more ita it is the more they like it. I don't want to be seen with them at events cause they look so bad. I feel like such a jerk.

>> No.7560255

>>7552692
I went through a very very similar situation. Honestly, granny dying was hard but everyone in the family started doing better without the stress of her illness weighing them down. I don't know if feeling that her dying was for the overall better is wrong, but I understand what you're doing through. Just bear with the nightmare as best you can.

>> No.7560321

>>7560191

You're right, anon. I just don't want to have to basically be his "sitter" for every single thing he wants to do. He really does his best to try not to be a burden, but he still needs someone to help him with everything, and I definitely can't leave him alone. Honestly, I'm just being selfish. It WOULD be a good idea to bring him along. I have more than enough money to cover it for us both, and he hasn't really been able to do much. I've just been really selfish.

>> No.7560366

>>7560321
Does he have any other friends besides you? Maybe a brother or sister who likes nerdy stuff too? I think it would be more enjoyable for you if you brought someone else to tag along with you and him, so you can still spend time with him, but also take breaks from him, too, if needed to go off by yourself if you want to.

>> No.7560383 [DELETED] 

>>7559231
>sempai

>> No.7560386

>>7560366

He's an only child, and lives in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. I'm the only one of his friends that's from the city, and he stays with me (for free, he can't really pay anything) while I'm in school because there's nothing for him to do back at home. We both have the same group of friends, but they're not as close to him as I am. The only other friend who is has most of his time taken up by his gf, so he's been leaning on me more. Which is okay, but tiring, if that makes any sense?

I was trying to do that in the first place, but our other friends have never gone to D*con and they think the price is "way too much" (even though I said I'd cover the hotel myself and all they had to do was buy the ticket), so it would just be us two. I've already gone to D*con three times solo, and wanted to go with a group, but since they're all cheap asses and he's the only one willing to go along if I pay, I don't really have that option unless I convince one of them to go for it.

>> No.7560390

>>7552016
>>7559231
>Sempai

>> No.7560409

>bid on a dress on lacemarket
>change my mind about the dress (too expensive)
>make a new account and outbid myself
>never log back on to that account
about a week later
>seller messages my actual account and asks if im still interested
>say i used my money to buy a different dress
>she offers me a payment plan at a reduced price

I just got the dress and I feel like such a cheat

>> No.7560411

>>7559652
too late..

>> No.7560787

>>7560409
That's....genius. Not even trolling.

>> No.7560863

>>7559408
That'd be great. Thank you. Je me réjouis d'avance de vous rencontrer toutes.

>> No.7560874
File: 91 KB, 409x403, 1329263468771.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love grosgrain ribbon. I think it has a beautiful matte texture. The ribbon equivilant of thick, delustered bridal satin.

I'm sorry.

>> No.7560878

>>7560787
>>7560409
Not guaranteed to work though, depends on how desperate the seller is.

>> No.7560882

>>7560874
You are forgiven, child. Say three hail Manas and pray to Mr. Yan for forgiveness.

>> No.7560884

>>7560878
Not those anons, but what's the worst they can do? Leave negative feedback on an empty account?
And it isn't as if the seller can force her to buy it. I'm fairly sure if her account isn't the winning bid, the seller isn't able to leave her feedback, so she really can't force her to do anything.

>> No.7560906

>>7560409
I am certain sellers have made a dummy bid using sock accounts on things I am bidding on in Ebay.

If you are feeling bad about it, maybe leave super awesome feedback for your seller and send ehr a small thank you gift?

>> No.7560924

>>7560874
I'm with ya, I'll take grosgrain over satin any day, it just looks... fuller and sturdier I guess?
Especially since only satin ribbon available here is thin, cheap and super shiny. But I'm not even a huge fan of the thicker one brands use...

>> No.7561895
File: 202 KB, 1280x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I had to sell some J-clothes from an exclusive event that were too big for me I put them on Ebay and one of them had a bid from a person who was using the same user as their Tumblr. They're pretty popular for the stuff they post so I immediately recognized them but I removed the listing and blocked them being able to bid on any of my auctions.

I feel like a jelly baby because deep down I know I didn't let them have it because I didn't want them bragging and showing off, they'd get a shitton of attention for it.

>> No.7562014

Just the day before yesterday, the person I considered the love of my life broke up with me out of nowhere. It made me realize that I have absolutely no friends and am completely alone.
I was so distraught when it was happening that I made a post on Tumblr about it, asking if anybody could inbox me or just talk to me about anything to help calm me down. It got absolutely no responses, so I deleted it out of embarrassment.
Even now, posting this I feel so ashamed of myself. I'm acting like such an attention whore but I can't seem to stop myself. I just feel so helpless.

>> No.7562075

>>7559657
I get real pissed off when people claim they know what it's like to be independent because they pay for petrol, and various other things. It is in no way the same financially as actually living independently. I'm sorry, but running your own car and seeing the doctor is a drop in the ocean compared to what your expenses would be on your own.

Sorry, I'm just bitter about my friends back in my home country where it's normal to live with your parents even in your 20s and they have shitloads of money while I feel like I'm never going to get the same life experiences as them due to my financial obligations, even though I have a full time job and get an average middle class salary.

One of my friends even had the luxury to just decide she doesn't want to be a full time teacher anymore and is working as a casual teacher until she decides what she wants to do, all the while living at home, saving shit loads of money, and planning holidays.

>> No.7562091

>>7551337
>My parents left me with 220$ for nearly two weeks to eat and all while they were in China. I only ate real cheap stuff and got 190$ left

Don't see anything wrong with that. If you're given a budget and you spend a fraction of that, it's profit.

Anyway, we used to do all of those things at a hotel renovation company I used to work for (except the steal from our parents thing ) all the time.

>> No.7562095

>>7561895
>>7562014

gosh, we all wanna be popular, don't we...

>> No.7562098

>>7562075
The friends you're pissed at are thinking smart. Welcome to the rat race, make sure you don't chase the cheese too much.

>> No.7562101
File: 7 KB, 243x213, reallyhappy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7560882
alwp

>> No.7562112
File: 468 KB, 500x375, 1369957154358.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7562095
This. I feel a tiny voice inside of me that's starting to want to be.

I've lately been getting reblogs and notes on tumblr when I never used to. It makes me want to post more things!
Except I only made a blog to share with like-minded people and document things for myself, being e-famous gets you nowhere but hated. I want to enjoy curating a small space, instead of posting endless fast content for instant gratification, but I'm worried that when this little moment of popularity fades I'll lose that. I don't even know why I'm worrying, I'm so pathetic to think about it when I've hardly had any attention at all, really.
> tl;dr scared of getting hooked on attention

>> No.7562114

>>7562098
My parents are retired, and I want them to spend the money they worked hard for on themselves, they've done more than enough for me.

I also live in a different country, have my career on track and live with my partner, so I'm not really willing to drop everything to fly over there and mooch off them for my own financial gain.

I agree though, had my life circumstances been different, perhaps I'd be doing exactly the same thing.

>> No.7562137

>>7559949
>tfw take armodafinil (newer version of modafinil) for narcolepsy
>tfw it hardly works and I'm still always falling asleep, but there's no better option
>tfw normal people become practically superhuman on it
count your blessings, anon. I work 25 hours a week and don't have time for anything else because I can't stay awake long enough.

And to answer your question, no, you can't get it (legally) without a prescription.

>> No.7562157
File: 25 KB, 600x520, cgll.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7562095
Complete stranger looking for comfort during an emotionally troubled time = TOTES ATTN WHORE UGH!!! U JUS WAN B INTENET FAMOUS!!!
> /cgl/ logic is the best logic

>> No.7562193

>>7562112
For me and (most) lolitas, it seems like the fashion is a mild to severe form of escapism. I have experienced this tumblr phenomenon of which you speak. And it is CRACK. I also don't want to get addicted, it's a really clear-cut form of escapism and we can only have so much of that in our lives. I have a friendly acquantance that's tumblr famous and she's literally on it ALL day. She's been a neet for 2 years now. I don't want that...

>>7562157
I think you misunderstood that other anon

>> No.7562197

>>7562193
>tumblr famous and she's literally on it ALL day
This. Since I started blogging about lolita, I no longer make accessories or even try out new co-ords that often. I just sit and press refresh.

>> No.7562203
File: 126 KB, 1920x1080, tLx3vPG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I actually hate when people will only sell full cosplays and won't split the wig and clothing, so that you can't buy one without the other. I'm sure there are reasons but it's so annoying to me, like...I wanted to give you money dude.

>> No.7562206

>>7562197
you should line up all your shit in a queu and then just leave it alone for the rest of the day

>> No.7562209

>>7552760
>>7552784
>>7552820
here again, the dinner took place and was... surprisingly normal? It looks like their attitudes were the result of a misunderstanding, something to do with the fact that two people in the group are in the process of a complicated break-up and I was talking to/comforting both of them, and some people were assuming I was taking sides or encouraging the split. I didn't get any gifts nor surprises, and we actually had to forgo going somewhere nice in favor of just chilling in someone's house due to inclement weather, but we had a nice time. Still doesn't fully explain why they were hanging out without me a few weeks ago, before the break-up even happened, but for now everything seems to be alright.

>> No.7562210

>>7562014
It's natural to want some friends, anon. I'm in a similar position as you - I have my boyfriend, but I don't have a lot of friends. If we broke up I'm afraid I would be totally alone, I'd probably be doing the same thing as you. I just... need friends, someone I can talk to when he's busy and stuff. It's so freaking hard to make new friends though. I really do wish you the best of luck

>> No.7562221
File: 439 KB, 763x507, nopestalgia.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7562223

>>7562210
I guess it's important to try and make an individual life for yourself away from your significant other. The only friends I did have were mutuals between us two, so of course when the break-up happened they vanished just as quickly.
I really should have been more prepared, but honestly it was the last thing I was expecting. I'm still reeling from it.
I'm lucky that a Lolita comm is finally forming in my city though, so I'm hoping I can go to the next meet and maybe make a friend or two.
It really is difficult, though. And scary. I wish you luck too!

>> No.7562302

>>7562014
I would have no friends without mine, I completely get the whole feeling entirely alone thing. Friend thread time?

>> No.7562331
File: 110 KB, 495x499, you will never be baby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>went to con this weekend
>usually I do not go to cons, but went with old friends from school and also hey, one more occasion to wear Lolita

>day of con
>I am in Classic Lolita
>I was literally the only Classic Lolita I saw there
>Itas, itas everywhere
>Everyone else I saw was in sweet
>Sweet and Sweet OTT and fucking deer headbands everywhere
>mostly Bodyline, some terrible, some nice handmade items
>saw a few Gothic Lolitas, most of them pretty awful
>even the shittiest Sweet Lolitas get more attention and pictures taken than me
>mfw

I have to admit, I was so fucking jealous.
Sure, I did not have the best or most attention grabbing coord, but I think I had a pretty decent coord with a nice brand piece, I spend half an hour on a hairstyle with my own hair, searched for the right accessories ecetera. And still, even the most boring Sweet Lolita with a shitty Bodyline pastel dress and pastell split wig got more attention than me.
I think what especially disappointed me was that I was wearing Sweet last year too, and even though my coord was not very good, I still got more attention than this year despite all the effort and progress I made.

>in b4 attention whore!!1
I knew, I should not do this for attention, wah wah, but it is a con and I am honest, I wanted maybe a little attention. I had a lot of fun, this just grinded my gears a bit.

>> No.7562345

>>7562331
Sweet tends to the more eye grabbing and outlandish though, so is it any wonder? Pastel vomit is eyegrabbing from across the room, classic is not. Sweet is also the least mainstream/well knwn - gothic fashion, corsets, etc have influenced mainstream fashion and people often know "gothic lolita", classic florals and vintage style is super popular, but sweet and head to toe pastels WITH poofy dress? Yeah, nah.

>> No.7562347

>>7562331
As a gothic and classic lolita I feel this at cons and meets. However online I get pretty good feedback and often I will meet someone who says they love my coord, that dress etc. Which makes you feel special. It sucks when you put in so much effort and it's not recognised but someone would of really appreciated it anon.

>> No.7562360

>>7562331
>>7562347
fellow gothloli here with occasional forays into classic, i feel you guys.
in the past something that makes me feel a little better is that most of the accusations used to put down sweet lolis, like ageplay, looking like a candyland piece, color vomit or whathaveyou can't apply to us. even if we coord imperfectly or don't gain attention, we usually look mature, subdued, intense and k-kind of cool

>> No.7562409
File: 36 KB, 263x370, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7562095
Kind of, it's also me being jealous of their art skills. I have no money to be able to afford to go to a good school and because of this I spend most of my time working to save money. With this I don't have as much time to do art and skills wax and wane whenever I get into it and then stop. Tumblr is like acid on my face sometimes because it's like everyone on it is in art school and has all the time in the world to just draw and do fanart shit. Plus if they need money they can just do commissions because their art is good enough. The person I blocked is Tumblrfamous for their art and I've seen them their abilities grow exceptionally over the past two years since they started going to school for art.

>> No.7562413

>>7562409
If it's any consolation, anon, they're all in art school because of daddy's credit card, are terrible despite being in art school, and all of the commissions are from toher Tumblr art school students continuing their giant circlejerk.

>> No.7562417

>>7562331
>>7562345
>>7562347

I actually did switch from classic first day of a con, to conventional sweet loli for day two, and actually I'm not really happy about the attention. I don't think I looked bad, and I haven't turned up in any of the ita threads yet, but I just have this feeling like I'm some freak on show for everyone that took photos, especially if the person is a bit normal-looking. It's like they don't actually like what I'm wearing, they just think I'm weird enough to photograph. It's really not the same thing as being praised for being pretty or having good fashion tastes at all.
>>7562360
On the flipside, I'm now completely able to brush off ageplay accusations, because I now understand this sentiment.

>> No.7562430

>>7562417
Definitely. People take photos for the novelty value, not because they like it - it's like taking a photo of a hairless cat. Hardly anyone thinks they're cute, but they're unusual as cats go.

>> No.7562434

>>7562345
>So is it any wonder? Pastel vomit is eyegrabbing from across the room, classic is not.

Yeah, that is true. I did not expect that much attention, but maybe someone who would still appreciate it a little? Not even the other Lolitas did, I cannot really blame them because almost all of them wore sweet and probably weren't into Classic Lolita. At least judging from some looks I got...

>Sweet is also the least mainstream/well knwn - gothic fashion, corsets, etc have influenced mainstream fashion and people often know "gothic lolita", classic florals and vintage style is super popular, but sweet and head to toe pastels WITH poofy dress?

That's right Anon, did not really think about that.
But I was also a little disappointed that I hardly saw any Lolits wearing something else than Sweet or ita. It seems like at least the new Lolitas from today consider Sweet Lolita as standard.

>>7562417
>I don't think I looked bad [...] but I just have this feeling like I'm some freak on show for everyone that took photos, especially if the person is a bit normal-looking. It's like they don't actually like what I'm wearing, they just think I'm weird enough to photograph. It's really not the same thing as being praised for being pretty or having good fashion tastes at all.

Well, I have not looked at it from this perspective, Anon. I guess you are right too.
But I am still disappointed not even anyone who knew about J-fashion (and there were a lot, this was a con) really liked my outift... And as I said, it seems like at least the new Lolitas from today consider Sweet Lolita as standard. I saw so many newbies in sweet, even more than in Milanoo kawaii gosurori blackxwhite. I would not be surpised if some newbies thought I was cosplaying rather than wearing a Lolita substyle.

Also, I was disappointed because I was there for some inspiration too, but I found nothing.... (There were some great Sweet Lolitas, but I am not into Sweet anymore).

>> No.7562449

>>7562331
>I hear ya

It's not even that much about attention, if it were just about everyone turning heads and loads of pics, I'd just wear the skimpiest seifuku available or whatever's the newest fawn makeup and antlers equivalent.
But it's just so damn disheartening when you put a lot of careful thought and work into your coord and it gets completely ignored in favor of outfits obviously thrown together randomly from whatever they had in their closets. Just because yours is darker and full of subtler details, while the other girls go all out with haphazard pastel vomit.

I like putting coords with lots of details together, I do them even when I know nobody will complement, understand or actually even notice. But if there are places I could expect some recognition, it's definitely cons and meetups.

Well, but on the other hand I feel actual pride when a lolita I really admire likes an outfit I wore... when all the praise the con lolis are getting is from clueless weaboos and enabling tumblrtards. Yeah, I can be petty sometimes.

>> No.7562453

>>7551337
I do think it's ok to ask for a little extra when ordering a group order after all your providing a service and you deserve to be paid for it I mean secret service get paid too right.

>> No.7562464

>>7562434
>It seems like at least the new Lolitas from today consider Sweet Lolita as standard... I would not be surpised if some newbies thought I was cosplaying rather than wearing a Lolita substyle.
If true, this is hilarious/sad considering how long gothic was the most visible and well-known style to outsiders. Even today, it's in the name of our board and the whole style is still sometimes called EGL.

>> No.7562468
File: 524 KB, 500x620, kyouko (2).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7562434
Maybe some of those people were seagulls and were taking pics for ita thread fuel, or general other "lol lets poke fun of this weirdo" websites. Maybe it's not such a bad thing that you didn't get photographed.

>> No.7562491

>>7562203
You can probably just ask.

>> No.7562518

>>7562464
>If true, this is hilarious/sad considering how long gothic was the most visible and well-known style to outsiders. Even today, it's in the name of our board and the whole style is still sometimes called EGL.

It is just a personal observation. Sure, there are still a lot of people coming from Gothic/steampunk or whatever, but honestly, most new Lolitas I saw at the con or even at my local comm are into Sweet Lolita.

>Maybe some of those people were seagulls and were taking pics for ita thread fuel, or general other "lol lets poke fun of this weirdo" websites.

Had a normalfag taken a picture with his girflifriend for fun (I-i guess at least those do not end up on weeeabo-sites?) and two other girls who obviously were into anything j-fashion or animu. I have yet to be posted anywhere, haha. But my outfit is neither bad enough for the ita nor good enough for inspiration threads.

>> No.7562526

I'm starting to not like CG. Sure, she has all the juicy tidbits on all the Chinese in China, but damn, she doesn't sound like a pleasant person herself. Add to that she thinks way too highly of herself (lol 8/10 with makeup, ridiculous ambitions), and damn, I don't like her from across the internet already.

Ah well. It takes a cunt to know a cunt, right?

>> No.7562553

>>7562526
She's one of those women who's an enormous cunt and knows it well. It's better than being a horrible person yet thinking you're a saint and many people seem to appreciate that kind of transparency, but in the end a cunt is a cunt.
I think it would be entertaining to know her from a distance but wouldn't want to be friends with her.

>> No.7562685

>>7562409
Anon, you can do it. I won't lie and say it will be easy, in fact, it's going to be just the opposite. You will grind, you will want to stop but know you shouldn't, you will lose some idle fucking around time to dedication. But you CAN get as good as the artists you idolize. Practice every day for 30 minutes, study from life, learn color theory. Don't give up, don't let yourself get lazy. Make a serious, finished piece once a week. When you're just as good as them, you will feel pride. You'll have made it without the help that they got. You will be better than them, in this way. You will be stronger than them. GO FOR IT!

>> No.7562755

>>7562331
>>7562430
This
It means people are thinking that sweet is a costume. Most people don't photograph people for just wearing clothes. You could be the most gorgeous woman wearing an immaculate outfit, but you'd likely get compliments, not requests for photos. And how many women have you passed and thought, "Wow, she's got style" but never said it to her face?
I love the fact that I don't get asked for photos. I wear lolita because it's a style and I feel beautiful. People tell me I look great, so I know I do. Being photographed for just being me sounds weird. Why would they want a photo of that? Maybe if I had made the dress, I'd understand.

>> No.7562812

>>7562685
Art is a talent.

If you're complete shit at it to start you're not going to get up to the level of people with talent.

Stop with this tumblr level of "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" and giving people false sense of fucking everything please.

>> No.7562826

>>7562812
They idolize tumblr famous type artists from what I gathered, internalizing the equivalent of 2 years of art school will get them where they want to be. Also, art is only a small bit talent and mostly work. Talent is like a knife. An untrained person with a knife can still be easily beaten by a master martial artist using their bare hands. Even if you have a knife, if you don't work, you'll never be more than decent. Someone who doesn't use a knife can become a formidable combat opponent with hard work and the right kind of training. I did make one leap of faith in assuming that OP was of at least average or slightly below average talent when it comes to visual art.

>> No.7562831

>>7562755
>Being photographed for just being me sounds weird. Why would they want a photo of that? Maybe if I had made the dress, I'd understand.

I just thought this was supposed to happen at cons, getting your picture taken?
A lot of people who know about j-fashion attended, other Lolitas were there, surely a lot of others knew about Lolita/lurked the style themselves ecetera. When I saw someone whose outfit I liked, I asked for a photo, be it for inspiration or because I liked it.
And I was just sad there were so few people asking for my picture because I wasn't wearing a pastel dress with a giant wig or OTT. It made me feel like all my efforts and improvements were pointless and left me feeling a little unappreciated; especially since I wore a more than mediocre Sweet coord last year, and had so much more positive attention despite my outfit sucking way more than this year.

I admit it is childish, but we're on 4chan, so I gues I can stop pretending that I wasn't jealous.

>> No.7562834

From the secrets thread:
I like weeb stuff like cat ears, paws, seifukus and maid dresses
I'll never wear it in public because it's weeb and I know it, so I have to keep it in the bedroom for bf to fetishize

>> No.7562837

>>7551337
>stealing from parents
holy shit, just be clear with what you need. you'll only feel bad when you do this.

>spending $20 on shitty food
you're going to get health problems doing that.

>> No.7562856

>>7562812
Nice bait, got me to respond.

Art is NOT a talent. It is a set of skills that you can train and develop like anything else.
If talent does exist in any form at all in relation to art it's whether someone has the natural ability to observe or not. Which by the way is another skill that can be learned if you don't initially have it.

>> No.7562858

>>7562685
And for you!
NO 30 minutes ain't gonna cut it if you want to get to the level of skill of the people you idolize.

Try at least 4 hours a day preferably more.

>> No.7562872

>>7562491
I did.
Honestly she wanted $100 for the wig and the bought generic school uniform cos so I'm not sure why I even tried

>> No.7562874

>>7562831
Yeah, people will take pictures of anyone who catches their interest at con. Some people take pictures to document their experience. I've been asked for pictures when I was wearing random jfash inspired outfits several times. Its not really weird that people want to take pictures if lolitas since many wear elsborate coords and the fashion is very fancy inb the first place

>> No.7562901

>>7562409
anon at least give us a hint about what artist you're talking about I'm way too curious now.

>> No.7562932

>Work at restaurant
>Get new owners
>Owners are so crappy that they're losing business
>Raise prices on everything by $2
>People that used to be regulars actually come in to say that they're never coming back
>Both of them just come in to bitch about how we need to make $1400 in the first 8 hours for the place tk keep afloat then leave
>We get a ton of douchey old people
>I noticed my co-workers charging them a 50 to 90 cent "douchebag fee"
>The customers never notice because they never ask for receipts
>Actually earn around $150 more at the end of the shift
>Not sure if I should join the douchebag fee club or just sit back and possibly watch the restaurant crash and burn in a few months

>> No.7562956

>>7562932
Are these new owners called Amy and Samy Bouzaglo?

>> No.7562957

>>7562932
Get a sugar daddy.

>> No.7562990
File: 34 KB, 600x613, doitus4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7562932
>Not sure if I should join the douchebag fee club or just sit back and possibly watch the restaurant crash and burn in a few months

Fellow waitress reporting in
Do it, Anon. If the restaurant is going to shut down anyway, why not make maximum profit? If someone's a douchebag, they deserve it anyway.
And if the restaurant closes you will have to find a new job, might ne nice to have some extra money until you get something new.

>> No.7563099

>>7562209
>May 17th
Oh my God do we share the same birthday?

>> No.7563182

>>7562956
They're like the Chinese version of them. The guy boss chased this kid out for taking a straw.

>> No.7566338

>>7562932
Augh I feel like my restaurant is going under too. I worked there over a year and I'm quitting this week. I just released all my shifts and I'm dreading making the last call. We basically got a new GM that fucked the place to hell, the owners just demoted him, but then the manager that was supposed to be the new GM quit because of all the shit. It's basically the employees running every aspect of the restaurant now and it's so frustrating when you're getting paid 1/6th of this dude's wage and you're doing all his work. So many people have quit in the last month I don't know who's even still there.

>> No.7566844

>>7562014
I understand you, anon. Ive never really had 'friends' in my entire life and when I was dating my ex, most of her friends became mine, but had to cut em off once we broke up.

I try to distract myself with hobbies and other interests. Having a job and exercising to maintain health usually helps too, but sometimes the loneliness creeps in.