[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 110 KB, 800x534, Pokemon-Team-Rocket-Cosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7539106 No.7539106 [Reply] [Original]

Is Pokemon complying still a thing? I am thinking of doing an Ash and genderbend Gary for a con at the end of August and was wondering if that would be an okay first cosplay.

Is it acceptable? Overdone? Does anyone have pictures of themselves cosplaying Pokemon related wise? Any tips for the costumes themselves? I am very new.

>> No.7539125

Everyone loves pokemon cosplays and it's a good place for a beginner to start because the outfits aren't too ridiculous. Just don't wear a yellow bra and call yourself a pikachu and you'll be fine.

>> No.7539156

Pokemon cosplays are always welcome, especially as a first cosplay. There's always a bunch of Pokemon cosplayers around at every con.

>> No.7539202

Pokemon is a very safe first cosplay. I wouldn't call it overdone, but you'll always see a fair amount of trainers being done.

My first cosplay was as Red. I won't post it because I don't want to be laughed out of /cgl/.

>> No.7539256
File: 123 KB, 578x515, ax2013 magma group.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my first cosplay was of the female trainer from crystal. Also not posting pics because of how horrible it was, but here is one of team magma my group did last year. It was still very welcomed then =) (the trainer wasn't part of our group)

>> No.7539434

I plan on doing hex maniac as one of my next cosplays. Not sure to go with a fabric with a purple tint, or just a dark grey type fabric.