[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 131 KB, 1024x901, DSC_0014-2_zpsf4d896c0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7513528 No.7513528 [Reply] [Original]

Reactions to you wearing lolita, whether be from friends, family, or strangers in public. Cosplay and jfashion welcome too.

>> No.7513545

>go travelling
>have the great fucking idea of dressing up in casual lolita in a foreign country (yes I'm an idiot)
>classic frills, black floral skirt with a sort of frilly bolero and a beret
>feel cute as fuck
>go to market because why not
>dudes look at me, whatever man, I can't give too much of a shit
>dude takes picture of me
>I sort of suspect it at the back of my head, but don't take any action
>suddenly he's following me around the fucking market taking pictures
>finally by the third picture that I notice I flip him the bird, only then he backs down

>same day, feeling weird as fuck because some stranger took multiple photos of me
>suddenly crazily dressed woman is walking along, sees me, nudges her friend
>"omg look anon has such a cute skirt"
>TL;DR: old crazily dressed ladies rock

I wish I reported the creeper's ass. Alas, sketchy markets = sketchy people inside. I should have known that.

At least the old lady was cool.

>inb4 /r9k/ invasion of this thread

>> No.7514075
File: 90 KB, 240x320, baby_jsk_lacefrilldoublewaistribbon_color1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know this isn't some crazy horror story, but its cute!
>At grandparents for spring break
>A bit nervous before as always, since they're conservatives in the bible belt and I'm about as straight as a rainbow.
>Other that weird politics they're super sweet.
>Unpacking
>Hey grandma what should I wear to easter service tomorrow?
>Sees pic related
>OH MY IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND FEMININE *continues*
>I'm a little surprised by how excited she is, but it was cute
>She seems proud and gives me a bug hug and kiss?
>Decide I'll wear it the next day with a white lace bolero and black flats (Didn't bring matching shoes or petti)
>All is well
>Look at GLB together
>She loves how feminine it is
>Doesn't like the gothic stuff though
>We go to tea together
>Awesome.jpg
Also
>On cgl
>cousin comes over
>whatcha doin
>ooh a forum which one?
>cgl desu
>oh cool anime
>talk about animu
It's been a good vacation so far.

>> No.7514093

>>7514075
I'm so glad that you're enjoying yourself!

>> No.7514095
File: 41 KB, 500x430, tumblr_kyzwciCmOl1qa2oino1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>be in DC
>homeless looking guy looks me up and down, says something along the lines of "damn, you look real young"
>I smile and thank him and move on
>he yells something after me
>already out door
I walk across big ass mall (the one in the train station if you're familiar) ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER END
>like ten minutes later
>dude is hobbling over, had been chasing me the whole time
>WAT
>pretend not to see him
>run back to table with my boyfriend
>still see him out of corner of eye
>as SOON as he sees me with a guy he nopes and out turns right around
>sigh of relief

>> No.7515111

>>7514095
Sorry for off-topic, but this has really been bothering me as I've only been seeing this happening on /cgl/.
I don't really understand why people around here are saying >be me to greentexted stories
Are you guys like, new to this site or something? It's completely unnecessary, you don't need to say it's you- we know it is. And if it isn't, then you can mention it's about a different person instead?

>> No.7515126 [DELETED] 

bump pls

>> No.7515354

>>7514075
Aww, your grandma is adorable.

>> No.7515385

>>7515111
>Are you guys like, new to this site or something?
Are you?
I've seen people start green text stories across all boards with >be me since years ago. Proof is that most of the "classic" greentext stories start with it. I think I've even seen it less on /cgl/ than other boards, but since I don't really go on other boards as much now, maybe things have changed over there. Since /cgl/ is a slow board, we don't experience big new waves of anons like the other more popular boards do so things stay the same longer on here.
As of why? I don't know. Most "memes" are pretty random.

>> No.7515641

I dress in lolita when I feel shitty to force myself to go out.
>"I can't stay inside when I look this damn cute! Get out, you lil shit!!"
Went out into public all dressed up just to go grab some stuff.
Literal silence as I pass everywhere I go.

I don't give a shit. I like dressing up and looking pretty for no reason in particular.
Plus, doing so has kinda' kicked my social anxiety's ass. Which is weird, but, hey, whatever works!

>> No.7515655

>>7515111
top kek

>> No.7515698

>>7515111

Like the other anon said, starting greentext stories with 'be me' has been going on forever. Check out /b/ or /fit/, you'll see it all over the place.

>> No.7517359

>last week
>shopping in the mall with my mom since she needed to buy some new clothes and needed advice
>wear lolita because why the fuck not
>wearing a classic/sweet hybrid
>go into to Coldwater Creek with mom
>just browsing, getting some weird looks as usual but whatever
>middle aged black woman who works there comes by to see if we need anything and greet us
>sees me
>starts freaking the fuck out
>"What are you wearing? Are you going to something special today? Why are you all dressed up?"
>brace for impact
>explain that this is just how I dress
>"You look so beautiful! I love your dress! Where did you get all this? What's your name?"
>it turns out that her daughter actually works in the fashion industry, so she asks me if I want to go into fashion, too
>say no, it's just a hobby
>she keeps complimenting me the whole time we're there and telling other customers that I'm a model (I'm not) and making a big deal about me

It was a little weird, but she was so sweet and funny. It made my day.

>> No.7517383

>>7515641
I'm the same way anon. Dressing in cute jfash (usually mori or otome-ish, lolita is too impractical for me because the poof makes me 10x clumsier) always boosts up my mood and confidence whenever I'm feeling particularly shitty, and it works because people around here are pretty accepting in general and the most I get are stares. But I know I look damn cute so the silent attention feels nice.

>> No.7517396

>>7515111
It's been around for a while but I agree it's kinda dumb

>> No.7517405
File: 994 KB, 500x371, post-17260-steve-buscemi-WHY-gif-RIxa3zW-QbZo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>wearing Lolita for a year now
>style changed in general, I wear more cute dresses, spend more effort on make up, hairdos and look in general

>visit grandmother
>"Anon I noticed your style changed a bit!"
>Well, it did
>Grandmother looks at me highly sceptical
>"So, why are you dressed like that? Is that some kind of political movement?"
>N-No
>My grandmother looks really concerned now, comes closer, lowers her voice
>"Anon, please tell me... Is it because you have joined some religious cult?"
>mfw

Also: Am I the only one whose grandparents do not like the fashion? I have read many positive stories about older people's reaction, but mine do not like it at all. My grandmother hates it, and thinks it is impractical, over the top and a waste of money... She would rather see me dressed like the other girls at my age.

>> No.7517413

>>7513528
One reaction I simply don't understand is laughing. I really don't understand what's funny.

Also another reaction I find rude is immediately taking out a camera/phone and taking a picture of someone without asking.

>> No.7517420

>>7517405
>impractical, over the top and a waste of money
Well, she'd be right.

My Gran's okay with classic and gothic, I think ott sweet weirds her out however. She thinks it looks like 'one of those fetish people'.

>> No.7517428

>>7517405
>Thinks Lolita is impractical
>Wants you to dress like every other girl
For some reason those two things just do not make sense to me. I guess it really depends on what she means by "girls your age". I live in NorCal and girls around here don't dress in any way that seems really practical. Granted, I'm a guy and lack firsthand experience as to the practicality and cost-efficiency of short-shorts so I'm speaking from ignorance.

>> No.7517442
File: 299 KB, 500x375, m32wmuiKcI1r7ikamo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7517420
>Well, she'd be right.

Well, of course I can see why she might think so, but I work hard for my money, I actually wear the clothes, and they make me happy. I wear mostly classic and a bit of Sailor Lolita, and keep my coords casual. No wigs, nothing OTT, too short or bright pink with pastel vomit.
But she thinks the same about my "regular" clothes too, and those are just cute dresses.

I don't know, anything outside the norm tends to offend people here in general.

>> No.7517456

>>7517428

I am from Germany.
Most girls my age (around 20) dress in leggings, t-shirt and jogging shoes, wer their hair in a top knot and barely any make up. Wearing any kind of dress is already considered as "kinda dressed up" by most and met with bewilderment - "Why so dressed up?? I would never have the nerve to take so much time dressing up." - Bitch I just slapped on a cute dress and some tights, and it took me 5 minutes, what do you think, I had to sew the dress myself this morning??

>Granted, I'm a guy and lack firsthand experience as to the practicality and cost-efficiency of short-shorts so I'm speaking from ignorance

Well, I do not really know what kind of shorts you mean, but in general girls wear shorts because it is easy, you do not need to worry about skirt blowing up, chub rub, and it is great to wear while it is hot because your legs are not covered.

>> No.7517457

I got a weird one over the holiday too.
>Saturday before Easter
>visits the local japanese neighborhood to get a magazine
>guy distributing panflets says I look cute
>laughs
>he asks for a hug
>I hug him
>people around start asking for a hug and a picture
>I hug everyone, even a couple of homeless dudes
>in the end I got them a McDonald's cheeseburger as well

I don't understand what happened, but I kinda felt like a true princess, posing for pictures kissing the pleb's babies.

>> No.7517470

>>7517456
I guess its' kind of the same around here. Dresses tend to be of the tubular variety for clubbing and most shorts are very short and tight, they get worn in almost all kinds of weather for reasons beyond my comprehension which is where I was confused. The specific shorts I'm talking about are the ones that really only cover the Hip and pelvis area. The entirety of the thighs and calves are uncovered unless the girl in question decides to wear long socks/stockings. They never struck me as very practical shorts in any weather short of the beach at the height of summer but that may be a regional thing.

>> No.7517482
File: 426 KB, 475x416, Would You Mind Running That By Me Again.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7517428
>cost-efficiency of short-shorts
As another guy, I can't speak from the perspective you're looking for but I imagine they're great for manufacturers since they use so little material and, going off the price tags I've seen on women's clothing, they probably make a ridiculous profit.

I also have a story of spotting a lolita in the wild for the first time.
>Be a couple days ago
>At work in our little hole-in-the-wall shop
>Not a whole lot going on, probably going to call it a day
>Suddenly, flatbed pulls up with an '09 TDI Jetta
>Oh fuck, not one of these
>Doors open
>Driver comes out of one, a loli out the other
>"So, uh, what's wrong with it?"
>"I was driving along and it just sputtered and stopped"
>I think I know where this is going
>"How long after you filled it up did this happen?"
>"I don't know, 50 miles?"
>Oh no
>No
>No way
>Get up on the truck and open the Jetta's filler cap
>Smell gas
>Almost fall off the truck losing my shit
>Tell her about how much it'll cost to fix as I'm fighting back tears
>Hfw

We have it sitting right next to an old Mercedes that's been in our lot for about three months. I imagine they'll look about the same by the time either of them leaves.

>> No.7517495

>>7517470
They make your legs and sometimes ass look amazing

>> No.7517550

>>7517470
Women's clothing is rarely practical. Never underestimate the power of looking cute, because short-shorts look hella cute on the right body type.

>> No.7517590

>>7517359
I've had store employees freak out over me too. Them middle aged retail ladies.
The other day at Sears this woman was gushing over me, telling me how cute I looked. She grabbed what looked to be a stranger to turn around and ooh and ahh and me too. The stranger looked a little uncomfortable.
What's weird is that I wasn't even dressed that strangely. Sort of j-fashiony I guess. Kind of. Not really. Zettai ryouiki and a cute sweater with black maryjanes. I was actually toning it down since I thought I was attracting too much attention with my normal stuff. I guess not toned down enough.

>> No.7517597

>>7517482
Mind helping the car-illiterate? Did she over fill her gas tank? Or did she put gas in her oil? I'm lost.

>> No.7517611

>>7517456
>practicality of wearing short-shorts
I love skirts, but I really curse my fat thighs sometimes. I want to look good in shorts too!

>> No.7517626

>night before Anzac Day
>drunk Bogans and assholes out in force
>walking home from train with boyfriend and other male friend after a party around midnight
>wearing fairly low-key coordinate, but still obviously lolita
>quiet residential street, not a lot of opportunities for harassment and yet...
>20m from station, car whips past "AYYYYYE BITCH! WHERE YA GOIN' THEN?!"
>keep walking as they disappear, boyfriend laughs and says he always thought I was joking when I said that had happened
>boyfriend and friend make jokes about it for a while
>halfway home
>wolf whistles and really nasty, abusive catcalls from the balcony of a nearby apartment until we're past
>boyfriend and friend are horrified, and stop talking the rest of the way home
>no more jokes

Have had far worse harassment before, particularly while alone, but it was kind of gratifying for those two to witness that yes, it does happen, because my boyfriend insists that I must be exaggerating if I ever bring it up. "That only happens to girls in little bootie shorts and shit" responses, usually.

And generally, the good outweighs the bad. Little kids wanting to talk to the princess, or old ladies reminiscing about wearing petticoats when they were young, or whatever.

>> No.7517641

>>7517626
GOD I'm pissed about anyone who call women liars or over-exaggerating princesses when it comes to catcallers. Is it really so hard for someone to imagine an event if they weren't standing there? It's insulting. It's especially disappointing when women join in on the disbelief.

>> No.7517642

>>7517405
Like the other anon said, women's clothing is usually shit and far from practical. I can't remember the last time anything I wore had pockets, and it's really hard nowadays to find dresses that go to my knees (I have terrible KP on my lower thighs).

And man, 'other girls your age'? The heels an clothes they wear! I asked my friend whether she was uncomfortable in heels and she said "noooo, they're sooooo cozy" but later I see her patching up blisters and twisting her ankle and shit. Please.

>> No.7517643

>>7517597
TDI=Volkswagen diesel engines.
Diesel engines can tolerate gasoline to varying degrees, depending on the fuel system the engine has.
The Jetta in question has the least-tolerant system in existence. Gas will seize it right the-fuck up.
In a nutshell, she fucked up half her fuel system.

>> No.7517646

>>7517643
Wow, you'd think that would be something she would learn and take note of when she bought it. I don't know if you're storyanon, but did she say how long she had owned it?

>> No.7517650
File: 7 KB, 300x168, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>coming back from my first ever meet-up last week
>bussing it home so I'm a bit nervous
>bus pulls up to the stop, I get on
>and the bus driver
>his face is basically all ":D"
>after the bus arrives at a transfer point at the uni I get off and so does the bus driver and goes up to me
>"Excuse me, are you all dressed up for Easter? Is that an Easter dress?"
>"Well, I dressed up because I went to a tea party earlier, but it does happen to have eggs on it, heh" (fancy egg)
>"Well it looks fabulous on you!"
>mfw

So yeah, aside from a bunch of dudes actually yelling "what the hell" when I passed them in the hallway of the uni, reactions were totally positive and I hope they continue to be. I know my city isn't quite free of jerks, as a girl in my comm had someone screaming something along the lines of "You're the reason pedophiles exist" when she was walking down the street.

>> No.7517657

>>7517646
I didn't ask, I was too busy laughing in her face like an asshole, but I'd imagine it wasn't her car.
Either way, somebody's getting a massive bill assuming they even give us the green light.

>> No.7517670

>>7517641
The /r9k/ brigade does this every time there's a creeper thread. Probably because they know it's about them.

>> No.7517681
File: 13 KB, 114x120, Bawww.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Short but sweet story!

> A few weeks ago
> First time wearing lolita in public - really nervous after reading so many horror stories
> Standing in line at a cafe
> Feel a small gentle tug on the bottom of my dress
> Tiny girl about 6 peering up at me
> 'Scuse me miss, I love everything you're wearing"

Heart melted along with all nerves

>> No.7517683

>>7517641
Speaking as a guy I would hazard a guess at it being because I (and most of my friends) aren't dumb enough to catcall in the first place. Any guy you feel comfortable enough to talk to about this kind of stuff is also in the same kind of situation so they find it hard to believe that those kind of guys exist. Every guy knows a douchebag when they see one, they're just used to different signifiers than being catcalled. Generally the hat, the way they hold themselves or the look they give you that kind of feels like you're being sized up so they can put you in a category.

It's kind of hard to sum up what I just said in a clearer way but I guess the general idea is that guys might think,
>"There can't be THAT many guys doing that. After all I wouldn't do that."
While failing to realize that the same guys who smirk at you when you buy any game that isn't AAA flavor of the month are the guys that girls complain about. That tortured, bitter-sounding example is the most concrete way I can try and quantify them, it's more of an attitude i've come to recognize than actions that are directed at me.

>> No.7517691

>>7517597
>>7517482

same here... is it because the TDI Jetta takes diesel and she filled it with regular gas? Maybe?

>> No.7517694

>with my two of my friends at a cafe (both wearing fairy kei, i'm wearing sweet)
>disgusted hipster girls start commenting on us behind our backs talking about pedophilia, how we look like "clowns from kindergarten" and how we're trying to emulate the character from the book Lolita
>all this while both are wearing heart-shaped sunglasses
>we eventually get up to leave
>one shouts "Hey, Lolita!" at me and says "See?" when I turn around
>my more autistic friend suddenly starts singing the chorus of "Lolita" by Lana Del Rey and we join in singing "hey Lolita hey, hey Lolita hey"
>hipster girls look weirded the fuck out
Didn't really solve anything but it was funny

>> No.7517696

>>7517691
See
>>7517643
and subsequestly >>7517646 and >>7517657.

>> No.7517697

>>7517643
>>7517646
>>7517691

Oh, oops so it was the gas/diesel thing. Ok.

>> No.7517701
File: 1.99 MB, 2592x1936, This isn't fucking hard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7517697
Remember, kids: A diesel nozzle can't fit into a gas filler, but a gas nozzle can fit in a diesel filler.

They're also usually very different colors to protect against the illiterate.

>> No.7517702

>start wearing JFash in highschool
>wearing terribad decora and "lolita" outfits
>dad's parents say I'm renouncing my culture and fraternizing with the enemy
>years later I improve, wear makeup and puberty makes me slightly prettier
>move to new place with Mom's parents
>think Jfash is cute and suits me

I got half and half with my family, so it evens out?

>> No.7517704

>Be me in local goth shop
>Wearing gothic lolita
>Trying on shoes with fellow big footed lolita friend
>Women working at shop walks over to us
>Compliments us, asks me where I got my skirt from.
> Tell her Japan (Moitie)
> She loved it and thought it was amazing.
> Complimented lolita friend on her bonnet. Asked where she got it from.
> Friend tells her and the woman writes down the info and says she'll look into stocking them.

>> No.7517708
File: 873 KB, 700x1065, 49.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7514075
Haha, your grandma reminds me of mine. She has seen me in lolita a few times and we've even gone through my GLB once. She's also not a fan of the Gothic looks, but I do remember her admiring pic related. She thought Mana was really a woman!

She lives near me. I remember she once rescued my package when it was raining and called me over to pick it up.

>> No.7517792

Today was my first day wearing lolita outside, and man, this had to be one of the most intimidating things I've ever done. I couldn't stop fidgeting with my wig, staring at the ground to avoid the stares, and stressing about how ugly my shoes were. Anyway, here are some reactions I received:

>awkward Asian guy comes up and starts talking to my friend
>starts to get uncomforatbly close to me
>"H-Hey Anon, are you a lolita?"
>"Yes, I am"
>He stares me up and down and says "lolita is pretty hot"

Turns out my friend had absolutely no idea who this guy is. Pretty sure he doesn't even go to this school. He ended up coming back for round two.

>friend comes up to me
>"Anon, could you please button my cuff?"
>Proceed to button her cuff
>Awkward Asian guy approaches staring at us
>"Wow, this is pretty sexy."
>He watches until we finish and walks off

I was also bent down to place something in my bag and my friend noticed a brown guy staring at my bum. I don't know how that's possible with all the frills, but he did it.

I also received a lot of eyebrow raises and open mouth staring. It was pretty uncomfortable.

>> No.7517799

I had a cute reaction from these two little girls one day. I was in a store somewhere (I think it was a grocery store or target or something, my friend and I kept going on errands runs), and the bigger of the two little girls looks up and just gasps. And the little one turns and looks, but then shyly looks away when I looked over there. Then the bigger one caught me smiling over and I waved, then she waved back. The little one then waved back at me and went back to hiding. When their mom looked up she just grinned.

Another fun story - we had a meet at a museum one day, and a man was there with his daughter (maybe around 2?) who was just in complete awe. So we waved at her and said hi, and her dad just goes, "You guys are just so pretty, she loves your dresses. Aren't they princesses, sweetie?" She just nods and smiles a little and we managed to get her to wave at us afterwards.

>> No.7517802
File: 652 KB, 500x260, tumblr_m28diiVT8L1rsetzlo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7517792
>Pretty sure he doesn't even go to this school

>> No.7517819

>>7517708
That is the cutest thing I've read in this board so far.

>> No.7517840

>>7517702
is your dad chinese?

>> No.7517845

>>7517792
before knowing what petticoats and crinolines were that made dresses floof I'd be curious enough to be "this white girl stating at my bum"

>> No.7517887

>>7517683
I appreciate you trying to help us see into the mindset. But the problem is, your explanation for the guys who call these girls liars only pisses me off more. Because the only people one can be positive don't catcall are onesself and friends. But girls aren't dealing with these guys' friends. They're dealing with random-ass strangers.
It's disappointing that they take their anecdotal evidence to such a high standard. It does not bode well that instead of saying, "Wow, I'm shocked! I've never seen this in my peer circle, so I didn't know it was such a problem! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that." they say, "Well. I've never seen this happen. So it can't possibly be a problem. Stop exaggerating." Basically, "I don't believe you. You're fabricating your story for some ulterior motive."
Can't you see how that would cause a problem in general society? In politics? I guess this is why news photographers are so important. I wonder how many people believed the stories of the unfortunate before reporters actually took photos of children dying in Africa, of abysmal living conditions in poor neighborhoods, of rare animals getting abused in zoos.

I can understand being skeptical if someone was trying to give a statistical number of how often girls are catcalled, or making sweeping generalizations. But I do not understand writing off an individual's own experiences.

>> No.7517967

>>7513528
Embarrassing story time:

Was last year around this time actually. I wanted to get into lolita and cosplay, but I was on a tight budget and bought from Milanoo and Ebay. After being ripped apart by /cgl/ before a con, I learned the error of my ways. I had a speech class and we had a group assignment on a country. I forced them to do Japan because I could bring in props and such easily. They didn't mind though and appreciated how fast I could give out information. But it was too late to get something new.

Put my friend in a ita tier dress and wore a too small Hell Girl cosplay. Looks of awe and curiosity among the class simply because they had never seen such things up close.

Also, while preparing for the speech, I had to walk back and forth between the library and school. I could feel everyone staring and wondering what I was wearing. Most students thought it was just odd since they had never seen anything like it.

>> No.7517973
File: 62 KB, 146x184, raughter.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7517405
omg my grandmother asked me the same question
whenever I talk about it or she knows I wear it she looks at me really really concerned.

she legitimately thinks Lolita fashion and the community is a cult.

>> No.7517995

>got invited to boyfriend's father's wedding
>was a huge tard and forgot to buy normalfag dress because i thought the wedding was a week later
>scramble and decide to go with haenuli's stained glass jsk, modest heels, and minimal petticoat poof
>at wedding and open bar, open catering tables, etc. no ceremony, just dancing and food. people everywhere and getting nervous because i don't know many people there
>didn't notice anyone staring at me for what i'm wearing so all good, anxiety levels are k
>boyfriend's niece comes up to me
>"why are you wearing that?"
>suddenly awareness raise x100
>now notice a lot more women eyeing me up and down, making me uncomfortable as fuck
>mfw literally 3/4 of the attendees wore outfits like they were going to prom (6+inch heels and flamboyant dresses)
>i just want to enjoy my open bar and dim sum in peace

how do you people deal with being alone at events or being outside without a meetup or group? i just get so damn anxious if i'm by myself.

>> No.7517997

>>7517995
I stopped giving a shit. Bitch, I know I look fabulous. The show of confidence helps take down any nerves, and that's because I'm.comfortable in my clothing. Been a lone Lolita for years.

>> No.7518014

>>7517694
>hipster girls knew it was called lolita
>were coincidentally wearing lolita sunglasses
>everyone starts spontaneously singing
So, that definitely didn't happen.

>>7517995
I prefer being by myself, actually. When you're around other stylish people it comes off a bit more "look at my fabulous dress" and less "look at this collection of overdressed nerds." Also, weddings are cultural tightropes, doing anything even slightly out of the ordinary will garner a lot of attention.

>> No.7518021
File: 89 KB, 313x334, 1375445045716.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7517995
I know that feel, just not in that sense since I tend to over dress. I hate going anywhere alone since people can single you out and zero in on you more accurately.

I was wearing business casual clothes to something my mom signed me up for because she just assumed that it was for design and background work for plays. Turns out it was actually for being in the play and other teens were wearing t-shirts and jeans.

>>7517997
Thing is, despite my self confidence boost, I hate wearing the wrong thing for the occasion or theme. When people tell me about parties, they get mat at me for being furious at them because they couldn't give me an accurate description of the dress code and what kind of place it would happen at.

>It's a PJ party
Yes, and?
>Uh... at this club place
Yes, and? Is it big? How many people? What's the address?
>Just come on! Put on anything
>mfw
I just end up not going at it usually turns out to be horrible anyway.

>> No.7518092

>>7517626
Were you at The Court last night?

>> No.7518101

>>7518092
Nope. That story's from last year.

>> No.7518115

>>7518014
>>everyone starts spontaneously singing
No, just me and my friends.
And I'm pretty sure she was implying I was dressing specifically like the book character by calling me that.
Stop trying to be clever, anon.

>> No.7518178

>>7517995
You said of replied with
>"Why are you wearing that?"
>"because the laws state i can't attend in the nude" or "Why are you wearing -that- ?"

Come on anon. Step it up.

>> No.7518307
File: 502 KB, 1080x1920, image:7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Posting screencap from previous thread.

>from the RAISINS

>> No.7518389

>>7515641
My love for lolita/cute fashion and my social anxiety have such a weird relationship.
When I'm out in jeans and a hoodie I feel on edge all the time, like everyone is staring at me and judging me, and I just want to go home asap. But when I'm all frilled up I KNOW people are staring at me and judging me and I don't care, so I feel a lot more confident. Even the people who take pictures without asking don't bother me so much, although I do think they're incredibly rude.
But then when someone actually starts talking to me, I freeze up again. I wonder how many "lolitas are stuck up cunts" stories I've inspired because of my inability to hold a conversation with strangers.

>> No.7518392

>>7517405
>"Anon, please tell me... Is it because you have joined some religious cult?"

Wow, that was weirdly close to the mark. You have a sharp grandmother.

>> No.7518394

>>7517650
>"You're the reason pedophiles exist"
I've had this said to me more than once and I just cannot fathom where the idea even comes from. Pedophiles are attracted to children, not to frilly clothes. Pedophiles have existed since before children even had specialized clothing made for them. What are these people thinking?

>> No.7518399

>>7518178
or you could perhaps decide not to be needlessly confrontational

>> No.7518401

>>7518307
I passed those in the supermarket last night and they reminded me of that story so I couldn't stop giggling.
>tfw you're an oddly dressed girl laughing crazily by herself in a supermarket
oh boy

>> No.7518423

>>7518394
>What are these people thinking?
Well that's easy. Lolita, to those who aren't familiar, looks more like how a baby doll would be dressed up or a little girl's dream outfit. By 18 you're expected to look and dress a certain way. And especially in the states, lolita isn't the norm. Perhaps it would even count as a Halloween costume to others.

Also, sissies and people with diaper fetishes will go for sweet lolita which further digs the style in the dirt. But I'm just speaking for the ignorant masses. Their idea of it is just the same as having an idea of what a culture wears, without doing any research on said culture. (Japan and kimonos, Africa and everyone being tribal, ect.)

>> No.7518425
File: 102 KB, 450x450, 1392530348584.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not that much happened but I wore lolita to a con for the first time and went to the city with my friend after to eat lunch because we had to catch trains back from there. In a red printed dress and red shows so I was very bright.
>be walking down the street
>group of teens walking behind me
>once nips the back of my show while I was walking
>they all start giggling
When I didn't turn around they went quite quickly though
>buy subway and place in in friends pocket
>she goes into Starbucks across the street while I get a slushie
>she is still in line a Starbucks so I walk in
>heaps of stares, worst I had gotten all day.
>one bitch literally looks me up and down then rolls her eyes.
>extract subway from friends pocket.
>tell her I'll meet her outside.
>sit on bench outside and start eating my subway.
>older ladies at a cafe near after all leaning in close to each other an pointing at me.
>a tiny little hose sparrow is near me so I pick of little crumbs and leave it for it.
>soon I have over a dozen sparrows on the bench with me.
>a few eat from my hand.
>get excited because I am going to be able to say
>sorry you took too long, I've replaced you. These are my friends now.
>mfw a woman with a her kid sit down and scare away all the birds literally 30 seconds before she walks out.
>mfw there were 3 other free benches.
>why lady why.
Pretty much just got stared and talked at a lot and was sad when a joke got ruined.
Also a middle aged guy whispered beautiful to me when I walked past him to the train station by myself, which was nice.

>> No.7518441

>>7518423
I get that, but I don't see how anyone in their right mind could think that one person wearing outlandish clothes could turn another person into a pedophile. It just doesn't make sense.

>> No.7518442

>>7513545
>in my own country even casual gets weird looks, heckling or straight up harassment
>wear lolita on overseas trip
>barely anyone gives a fuck
>those who do are beyond lovely
>some grandpa tells me he wishes more girls would dress cute like that
>lady at a fair gives me a discount
>nevercomingback.jpg

>> No.7518444

>>7518441
>People
>thinking
>making sense

>> No.7518452

>>7518394
>>7518423
I kind of have a theory that for some people (mostly men) girls dress up nicely with exclusive purpose of attracting male attention - retarded as it may sound. So if you dress weird, you're doing it because you're looking for some kind of fetishist, never ever because I don't know, you find the clothes pretty or wanna feel cute or something. The concept of self-expression through looks just doesn't exist to them, your clothes must serve a purpose. They wouldn't do that, so why on earth would you, amirite??

>> No.7518467

>>7518442
I feel your feels, anon.

>> No.7518483
File: 839 KB, 500x281, pudding.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>waiting to meet friend outside college for tea
>wearing admittedly alice-themed coord (blonde hair, blue dress, bunny bear bag)
>group of french tourists approach
>"we're doing a treasure hunt around the city!"
>oh jesus they're going to pick me up and run away with me
>they ask for a photo because they're looking for a famous person
>"you're just like Alice! You must be a celebrity here!"
>mfw they're actually lovely

also

>start of lecture
>wearing lavender wig w/lav & black coord
>lecturer walks in
>"love the hair! The young fashion is fabulous these days."
>yey

I haven't actually had a negative reaction in ages, which is great.

>> No.7518500
File: 11 KB, 300x300, 658697ß0ß.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7518452
>I kind of have a theory that for some people (mostly men) girls dress up nicely with exclusive purpose of attracting male attention - retarded as it may sound. So if you dress weird, you're doing it because you're looking for some kind of fetishist, never ever because I don't know, you find the clothes pretty or wanna feel cute or something. The concept of self-expression through looks just doesn't exist to them, your clothes must serve a purpose. They wouldn't do that, so why on earth would you, amirite??

100% on point, Anon. This way of thinking you have described is why I distrust most people, especially men (and normalfags in general).
>in b4 /r9k/ faggot dreailing the thread

>> No.7518645

>>7517708
Anon you replied to here. Mine thought mana was a woman too, and she was really surprised when I told her. It's amazing how she didn't go on about satan or something, there may be hope for me.

>> No.7518648

>>7517967
I'm sorry anon. We all have those stages though, don't worry.

>> No.7518820

>>7518425
that's hella cute dude

the bird thing

>> No.7519120

>>7518389
I feel quite similarly in that people glancing at me when I'm in jeans makes me feel far more ill at ease than when they look at me in a coord I'm really happy with.

>> No.7519183
File: 54 KB, 630x337, 1393847112296.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>walking to a nearby starbucks
>old woman guffaws at me, points at me and calls her friend over
>as she's walking towards her friend her high heel gets caught in the gutter, and she falls over, her heel snapped and broken off in the gutter completely
>walk by her on the ground trying to get up
>look at her and chuckle as her friend rushes to her to help
>enter starbucks

I love immediate karma

>> No.7519606

>>7519120
same here. its like "oh god I'm dressed normal what do you want from me I'm blending oh goodness is there something on my face do you think I'm ugly?"

>> No.7520547

Bump for more tales, and to learn about gasoline

>> No.7520592

>>7517704
wel did she stock them

>> No.7520622

>>7513545
>>inb4 /r9k/ invasion of this thread
What's up with this stuff?
I hear all the time about how /cgl/ and /r9k/ are enemy boards, but whenever I've gone to /r9k/ to see if anyone from here shits up the place I don't find anything.

>> No.7520654

>>7517642
>(I have terrible KP on my lower thighs
;-; I know this feel, I was just thinking about the times when I didn't have it and the cute stuff I used to wear. I wish it would just go away.

>> No.7520806

>>7520547
>and to learn about gasoline
What else do you need to know?

>> No.7520834

>>7520622
/cgl/ just really hates ugly people. It's not that it's a bad thing, it's just our nature. Many of us want attention, but why would we want it from ugly people?

>> No.7520873

>first day of Whitby Goth Weekend
>wearing simple classic cream and brown coord with twin braids
>waiting for the bus to whitby
>bus station kiosk owner spots me
>"oi, you off to sound of music?"
>w-what
>he starts fucking singing sound of music songs at me

>later, in whitby
>"ahhh you look like a doll!" from many people
>goths are darlings
>run across Doctor Geof's stall
>sweet, tea and debauchery!
>friend and I buy some Fetishman patches
>dude at the stall is very surprised at us
>everyone has a good ol' giggle

>later
>returning from whitby, almost home
>middle of the night, city full of degenerate Northerners
>hear a terrible screech
>"OH MY GOOOODDDDDD!"
>oh fuck, oh no
>incredibly drunk woman in a tracksuit runs over
>brace self
>"LOOK AT YOUUUUU can I touch your frills? Oh my goddd"
>o...kay
>she lifts up my skirt to touch my petticoat
>why is this happening to me
>"Oh no no, I didn't mean it like that! I'm so sorry!"
>tells me she just came out and proposed to her girlfriend
>"I want a big frilly dress like yours for the wedding, you look so fluffy! I'm such a tomboy but you look amazing! I want to look like you!"
>end up teaching her about petticoats

It was an eventful day.

>> No.7520925

>>7517683

Agree with >>7517887
Who would respond to their friend saying "this rude thing happened to me" with the thought "I wouldn't do that, so I don't believe you"? Even if a friend of mine told me something that seemed out of the ordinary or that I wasn't aware people did, my immediate reaction wouldn't be "bullshit you imagined it"

>> No.7520939

>>7519183
Should have helped her up and given her a sickeningly sweet smile. Then again I get off on acting like the bigger person.

>emphasis on acting, sadly I'm not really

>> No.7521026

Why are you all surprised by the looks that you get? My theory is that you know you look like a freak but secretly like the attention you get. Also you all have daddy issues and are attracted to creepy old men.

>> No.7521031
File: 9 KB, 235x236, 342.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7521026

>> No.7521049

>>7521026
I actually have to agree.

>> No.7521060

>>7521026
>you all have daddy issues and are attracted to creepy old men.
I'm still waiting for some random middle-aged guy to contact our shop and tell us to "fix the Jetta for his little princess", regardless of the cost.

>> No.7521066

>>7517428
>Granted, I'm a guy and lack firsthand experience as to the practicality and cost-efficiency of short-shorts so I'm speaking from ignorance.

Women's clothing isn't made to be practical, which is why there's a lot of women in sweatpants and a t-shirt.
For example, most women's pants don't have pockets, which forces you to buy a purse, which in itself is not practical.

As for your comment about short shorts, they're not really practical either. Comfortable, maybe, but not really practical nor cheap. I've seen short shorts going for 80 bucks or more.

>> No.7521070

>>7520622
That's because outright speaking of cross-board raids is against the rules.

>> No.7521072

>>7521066
>most women's pants don't have pockets, which forces you to buy a purse
I've thought there was some unified fashion conspiracy behind this so that retailers could make money off purses. Fuck

>> No.7521100

>>7521066
Or if there are pockets, they are so tiny you can't put anything in them.

>> No.7521379

>>7521072
>>7521100
This is why I've been altering every pair of jeans I get to have real pockets. Its pretty easy to do.

Also my boyfriend bought jeans recently that have girl-sized pockets. Are companies just cheaping out?

>> No.7521397

>>7521066
>>7521072
>>7521100
I fucking hate no pockets and tiny pockets. You ever go to Macy's or some shit and pick up a pair of pants and the pocket is fucking

FAKE? There's a fake fucking pocket for no reason? I shit you not, I blanked out because I couldn't fathom WHY this existed. I kept jamming my fingers into the non-pocket hoping that maybe it was sewn shut in one spot (nop) and trying to process because these pants were 60 fucking dollars what MONEY AND TIME WERE THEY SAVING BY CUTTING OUT THE FUCKING POCKETS. WHO CUTS THOSE CORNERS? OH, EVERYONE, APPARENTLY? Because there were 5 MORE PANTS LIKE THAT NEARBY.

On another note: I like Betsey Johnson dresses for the pockets.

>> No.7521413

>>7521397
I like that rant, anon. Mind giving us another one? For real, man. Let's get mad about stuff.

>> No.7521427

>>7521100
Good, that is worse than no fucking pockets at all. I've had pants where the pockets themselves are normal sized, but they're sewed so they're teeny and I've got to rip them open. Why put in that extra effort to run s pair of pockets?!

>> No.7521511

>>7521379
I think it's more about looking flattering.
Since the trendy jeans for women these days are all skinny type jeans smaller pockets like flat against your body and won't look bulky and weird.

>> No.7521516

>>7521397
Because they are also super tight, so when you put stuff in the pockets, it looks dumb and lumpy. They want you to buy and carry a purse.

>> No.7521549

>>7521511
>>7521516
This. I recently bought a pair of tight skinny jeans with front pockets and I'm probably going to take them out because they look so bad under the jeans. The reason a lot of guys jeans have huge pockets is because there's enough room under the pants for the pockets.

>> No.7521557

>Myself and a friend going out for her birthday
>She's in Meta, I'm in IW
>Raining, we have cute parasols, waiting for friend to move stuff in her car.
>My apartment manager comes out. Wants a picture.
>"Is this some sort of work function?"
>Nope. Just for fun!
>mfw I see this woman all the time in normalfag clothes all the time, my apt is next to the rental office.

>> No.7521662

>>7521516
Idk, dude, I don't ever feel weird seeing pocket lumps on women. I never find it unappealing because my brain can put together that there's something in the pocket, you know. You'd have to be an idiot to be grossed out like a woman's growing a rectangular tumor every time she puts her wallet or phone away.

>> No.7521705
File: 93 KB, 471x347, sound-of-music-mountains-big-2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Work in a nursing home (aus btw)
>Went there yesterday on my day off to do a couple of things
>Wearing Haenuli's Stained Glass of St Giles skirt with white blouse, nervous because I usually wear normalfag clothes when not in work uniform and have to duck in for whatever reason
>Walk past kitchen staff outside who stop and stare for a moment before delighted smiles
>"Oh anon! You look like one of them, what do you call them? Dutch girls! You just look so stunning!"
>My family is from Holland, not sure if my facial features are giving it away but not sure how my clothes remind them of it...okay.jpg
>Go inside, old woman gushes over skirt, is so happy to see someone wear a petticoat
>Old man takes a long look and proclaims "You look amazing! You look like you've just stepped out of the Sound of Music!"
pic related, how I felt for the rest of the day

>> No.7521767

>>7521511
I ranted about small pockets to my dad recently and he said that having things in your pockets "gets rid of the figure of a woman and hinders her beauty"
Like nigga are you srs

>> No.7521770

>>7521767
wow she has a phone in her pocket
0/10 would not touch with a 10 foot pole

>> No.7521780

>>7521770
It's so sad because he was dead serious.
wow ew what is that in her pants ew so disgusting are those pockets ew so ugly

>> No.7521784

>>7521662
Thiiis. It's like getting grossed out at someone holding a fork the wrong way or something else autistic.

>> No.7521816
File: 1.35 MB, 510x516, 1386516328576.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>be at train station in the city waiting for train
>teen girl comes up with her friend
>I'm sorry but I've just got to say I love your dress!
>I only just noticed you were wearing lolita from over there so I just wanted you to know you look great, I love your skirt, I wish I had one!
>thanks, it was only $30 from bodyline so you could get one.
>OMG that's where I got my first dress too, anyway got to go bye.
>was going to say it wasn't my first dress but oh well.

>older lady walks past and says I look gorgeous
>maximum flattery

>another teen or early twenties girl comes up
>I love your outfit, it's very lolita.
>it was weirdly worded but I thanked her.

>on the phone still waiting for my train.
>guy walks past and says with out stopping
>I love your print!
>I smile and mouth thank you.

So many more people speak to you when you are by yourself than in a group.

>> No.7521886

>the other day
>wearing general j-fashiony outfit
>waiting for girlfriend
>woman with about 3 teeth in a pink tracksuit shouting at her gross looking bf walks past
>"what the fuck are you, a dolly?!" (or something to that effect)
>can't help but laugh

>> No.7521890

>>7521767
Your dad is a serious piece of shit

>> No.7521889

>>7521816
I've actually found the opposite: people seem more inclined to come over and ask us what we're wearing rather than just stare/take sneaky photos when I'm with my comm. I guess they're not all speaking to me individually though.

>> No.7521892

>>7518021
> When people tell me about parties, they get mat at me for being furious at them because they couldn't give me an accurate description of the dress code

You sound autistic

>> No.7521898

>>7520873
>she lifts up my skirt to touch my petticoat
Ugh. It's so uncomfortable running into people who don't comprehend that the petticoat is underwear. If you met a stranger wearing a skirt who told you they were wearing shorts underneath, nobody would say, "Can I see" .... right? Don't flip up people's skirts.

>> No.7521908

>>7518021
>>7521892
I disagree, this is something that I struggle with too. It can be a pretty awkward situation if you read it incorrectly.
A friend of mine just came back from another guy's birthday dinner. They went out to a restaurant, and no one told my friend nor his girlfriend that it was a smart-casual-dressup deal. He was wearing a tshirt with stains on it, she was wearing ripped jeans. Everyone else was wearing casual collared shirts, slacks, and sundresses. In fact, that's what people were wearing throughout the restaurant. The both felt really embarrassed.

Since nobody can ever seem to understand how to describe the tone of dress, I usually just ask them to tell me what they're wearing. And even then, the response is usually, "Y'know. Just clothes. I dunno." So I have to slowly convince them to actually tell me the pieces of their outfit.

I usually dress a little nicer than what people tell me, though, since it's easier to brush off overdressed than under.

>> No.7521911

>>7521890
Woah there, anon. Sure he says some dumb stuff occasionally, but I wouldn't call him a piece if shit lol

>> No.7522058

>>7521908
>He was wearing a tshirt with stains on it

He should be embarrassed. That's unacceptable anywhere, and this is coming from an autist that also gets upset if you don't give an explicit dress code.

>> No.7522071

I did just get into an argument with a girl over that stupid Avril Levigne video. She kept arguing that lolita is "heavily sexualized" and her logic amounted to "it shares its name with a book about pedophilia therefore it's pandering to pedos."

>> No.7522074

>>7517405
run, run fou your life

>> No.7522099

>>7518423
People thinking lolita is baby clothes is no where near the same as people homogenizing and entire continent and thousands of cultures but I get your point.

>> No.7522769

>>7521898
I've had someone do that though. We were doing a dance lesson thing and I was the only one who wore a skirt. Girl across from me kept trying to lean down in weird ways, then came up to me at the end and wanted to know if I wore shorts underneath.
>my skirt was fucking ankle length and its fucking line dancing why do you need to know

>> No.7522876

>>7520939
I would of but her friend was already on the way over (and she was sneering at me)
I didn't want to be around that woman.

probably would of slapped my hand away.

>> No.7522895
File: 111 KB, 720x810, 1387745912031.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pretty sure I got a tomato thrown at me today. It didn't hit my dress, but I got a seed on my face from the splash. Don't know how to feel right now.

>> No.7523396

>>7513545
>I wish I reported the creeper's ass.
For what? To whom?

>> No.7524466

>>7521816
>tfw you will never be complimented like this
So much for male privilege.

>> No.7524509

>>7513545
what a fucking bitch.

>> No.7524560

>>7522895
Wow.

>> No.7524777

>>7522058
They're all kind of nerdy guys. He thought they were going out for fast food or something, and just kept wearing what he was already wearing that day.
But, I agree. I'd have a hard time wearing a stained shirt just around the house. He isn't very observant with his clothes. His girlfriend picks out his outfits if they have to be presentable somewhere.

>> No.7525331

>>7522895
Jesus, this is the main reason I'm scared to wear lolita in public. I can take the states and even the comments but I'm so scared of having something thrown at me and ruining my dress.

>> No.7525344

>>7525331
Because of my neighborhood, and the fact that I take the bus everywhere, I really am afraid to. I remember being in my Senior year of high school and some kid threw a marker at me, giggled, then ran away.

Wearing anything remotely eye catching will warrant people honking, throwing things at you, and staring. I do see a girl wearing low key lolita on the bus I take sometimes, never bothered to talk to her because she always looked like she didn't want to be bothered with anyone.

>> No.7525396

>>7525344
Are you in the Bronx? Because I swear to god, when spring and summer hit bullshit like this happens all the time over anything that looks even vaguely interesting.That, and, so many assholes try to point you out to their friends by pretending you "looked at them weird". Motherfucker, I didn't notice you until four of your friends turned to look at me and started eying me like we were going to fight. You are literally adults.

>> No.7525404

>>7525396
Nope. Chicago. But in a quite violent area. People here are so ignorant that wearing black nail polish labels you as "a gothic". Only way I'd even wear anything low key would be if I learned how to drive and drove every place I went even if it was 3 blocks away.

>> No.7525423

This one happened just this weekend.

>Be in Chinatown with partner for dinner after a meet
>The restaurant we wanted to go to wouldn't open for like fifty minutes
>Go into an alt clothing store just to waste time
>Cashier talking to her friend, sees us and says, "See, THAT'S what a real lolita looks like."

I laughed.

>> No.7525475
File: 2.09 MB, 2560x1920, 1396492132671.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7525404
>Chicago
Srsly hope you have one of these hidden in those frills.

>> No.7525497

>>7515111

> be me
> browsing on every board
> almost every greentext story I've seen starts with > be me
> topkek

>> No.7525568
File: 149 KB, 1200x781, Rush-Hour.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7525423
>Be in Chinatown with partner

>> No.7527682

>>7520834
>/cgl/ just really hates ugly people. It's not that it's a bad thing, it's just our nature. Many of us want attention, but why would we want it from ugly people?
I can't help not being a pretty girl ;_;

>> No.7527823

Hey all, I'm a street photographer and I often take pictures of people without asking to get those fluid and natural photos. Does this really bother a lot of people? If someone asks me not to take their picture I back off politely or if I took the picture, I delete it (although I could legally keep it). So what do you think of people like me?

>> No.7527828

>>7527823
I actually really hate people like you the most.

>> No.7527833

>>7527823
uh, yeah. it does.
no one likes cameras in their faces.
its really, really rude.

one photographer wanted fluid photos of me so he asked before hand and then let me do my thing.

photos were pretty cool.
and so was he.
because he asked.

>> No.7527848

>>7527823
Definitely ask first. I know I make a habit where if I see someone who is doing that sort of thing and didn't ask, I make the most unattractive face I can manage.

That being said, don't be afraid to ask if they'll be hanging out for a minute so they can readjust/get comfortable again. Explain that, though.

>> No.7527849

>>7527823
Nobody fucking dresses up when they go in public so you can get nice photos. They do it because they want to, and it's really really rude to photograph them without their say-so.

If it really is legal (I don't know where you're from, but remind me not to go there) it shouldn't be.

>> No.7527851

>>7527849
its legal to film in public in the US

>> No.7527866

>>7527851
In the entire 50 states ? I doubt it. I'm sure it varies from state to state.

>> No.7527873

>>7527851
if you go into a store you have to ask permission

>> No.7527915

>>7527833
>>7527848
>>7527849
Holy funk

People don't understand what street photography is? In this day in age? What the fuck.

/p/ here. It is legal almost everywhere to photograph people in public places. It's normal. Where do you people live?

>> No.7527924

I live in the suburbs but I go to the city to photograph people because they usually don't give a shit. I get some really great photos of interesting people in interesting places. It's very popular these days. Street photography is fun and makes for some original art.

>> No.7527929

>>7527915
tumblr obv

>> No.7527937

>>7527915
>>7527929
Can't you read? >>7527866 >>7527873

>> No.7527962

How do any of you work up the courage to wear Lolita outside? I've been getting back into Lolita(since I finally have the money to buy stuff, poorfag here), but I'm horrified to actually wear it in public. It's not even me being too worried about people throwing shit as much as it is being heckled. You guys have really thick skin and I'm super envious.

>> No.7527976

>>7527962
I find it easier not to be bothered receiving attention while wearing lolita then when I'm in day to day wear. I expect to be noticed or asked questions. The attention is more on the clothing and not me so much.

I get more bothered when I'm in plain clothes and getting stared at, hooted, etc... I just want to go about my business. It's especially awkward when it's in obvious gender neutral stuff like my work clothes, or in my maternity clothes. I ain't got time for that shit.

>> No.7527993

>>7527962
If you're nervous about wearing it out, start small and plain. Go for more casual/otome rather than full out lolita. In general, I think people who wear it often don't really go that elaborate anyways. Solid pieces or understated prints are a lot easier to wear often,. It's also better to get dresses that still look nice with flat to no petti, because fluffy pettis get in people's way.

Classic is easier to get away with but I don't know your style preference so

>> No.7528013

>>7527962
If you worry about what stupid people think how can you ever go outside EVER
>Maybe imagine everyone as fattychans in bikinis idk

>> No.7528016

>>7527823
If you take a photo without asking and I notice I will come over, rip your stupid camera out of your hands and throw it on the ground and then stomp on it.

>> No.7528021

>>7528016
>Watch out
>Bad ass in the house

>> No.7528026
File: 24 KB, 225x225, mentos frog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7528016
enjoy having to pay for it after i sue your ass, you little ill-tempered destroyer of property

>> No.7528035

>>7528016
Wow no, that's just overreacting and you're just going to look like a huge bitch.

If it were a person snapping a shitty pic on their cellphone, I can understand the anger, since more than likely, it's for ridiculing purposes.

But if it's a person with a professional grade camera, which, might I remind you can possibly cost more than an entire burando outfit, they're just snapping a photo of the aesthetic of the moment. There's no reason for them to spend 1k+ on a camera/equipment to take unflattering photos of you. Street photography is about capturing the lifestyle and people of the area, and there's a certain appeal when you get a shot of someone in alt. fashion because it shows diversity.

Staged photos often don't have the same feel as a candid one. IDEALLY, it would probably be the best for both parties if the photographer went up to someone, briefly asked and told them to do whatever they were doing before, and show them them photo afterward, but it just doesn't work that way sometimes. and even a "casual" staged photo can look too stiff.

Unless this person was stalking you and trying to get multiple photos of you, there is absolutely no fucking reason to get angry at someone who more than likely just thought you looked nice and interesting enough to be in a nice photograph.

>> No.7528041

>>7528016
Yeah, that won't backfire on you at all.
Especially when you can be easily identified from security cam footage by your goofy, off-putting coord.

>> No.7528043

>>7528035
Not everyone wants to be photographed though. It just isn't cool to everyone.

>> No.7528056

>>7528043
Doesn't mean they get to be a fucking psycho either

>> No.7528058

>>7528056
I agree. That anon's approach is unrealistic.

>> No.7528070

>>7528043
Yes I'm well aware. Which is why I think photographers should try to ask whenever possible, especially if a person is the main focus of the picture or their face is clearly visible.
But if you actually look up street photography, which I don't think a lot of the angry people in this thread did, solo focuses are usually very close-up were the photographer can easily ask permission before or after if a person seemed truly bothered being photographed.

Street photographers know that they can and will get caught, they're not trying to creepy about it. General etiquette and rules of street photography is that you only do it in public places anyways, so they're not doing anything illegal for one point.

My point is, going up to someone and smashing their camera when they're trying to create art like >>7528016 said she'd do is pretty much the same thing as someone walking up to a lolita and purposely tearing up their dress just because they expressing themselves through their clothing. Only difference is that photography involves other people so permission may be needed. Though tbh I would have to say itas should ask permission to show themselves in public but that's just my opinion.

>> No.7528101

>>7528016
have you guys seen Surveillance Camera Man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RqXg6-06a4

>> No.7528117

>>7528021
>>7528026
>>7528035
>>7528041
Guys
Guys
Ever heard of a joke?
No seriously I won't destroy anyone's cameras but it's what I feel like when someone takes pics without permission.

>> No.7528126

>>7528101
That chick with the striped sweater.
>excuse me? You can't do that!
That's seriously a a really rude invasion of privacy.

>> No.7528260

>>7524466
You also won't be grabbed at, yelled at and photographed without your consent. I've had all of this happen while wearing jeans + Tshirt and I still don't understand wtf is wrong with these people. They all looked totally normal and some had kids with them. This is part of the reason I keep my hair super simple and don't wear wigs, because I just KNOW some shitstain would think it's funny to pull on it.

>> No.7528572

Personally, I wouldn't mind someone with a real camera taking street photos of me. On the other hand, someone with a phone snapping candid photos of me seems pretty sly.

>> No.7528617

I don't even wear lolita but I'm almost always wearing some kind of skirt or dress because I hate jeans and even this seems to be "dressing up" for so called normal people. And I definitely do not put much effort in this, I just do my hair but rarely wear make-up and so on. Sure my clothes are slightly otome-ish but I still find it funny when people ask "are you dressed up to a party" when I'm just simply wearing a dress on a warm day.

>> No.7528622
File: 389 KB, 1000x768, 2nani4sore.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7528617
People always say I dress like Alice even when I'm not in my loli gear.

>> No.7528640

>>7527823
I know you want candids and there are street photographers who do that (HONY is a popular one), why don't you try taking the natural photo first, then go to the person and talk to them?

"Hey I took a picture of you just now, sorry for not asking but I wanted a natural picture. Here's what it looks like if you want to see. I'm a street photographer and my website is __________ blah blah blah

>> No.7528661

>>7527915
Taking photos is technically legal (though obnoxious), what is illegal is making these photos public.
In my country, and I think in most of EU, it's only legal to publish a photo when you either have constent of photographed person, or there are at least three people on the photo - and all of their faces have to be clearly visible.

>> No.7529037

>>7527823
I think there's a difference between taking a picture of a general area, where the person adds to the aesthetic and then there's a picture specifically of that person, where there isn't much else going on in the picture, and the entirety of its point is to look at that person and how pretty/weird they look.
When you're on the other side of the lens, it's hard to tell which it is, though. It makes me uncomfortable when I see that happening. My boyfriend usually shields me if we notice.

It's nice that you delete it instead of getting hoity toity about your rights. I appreciate that. If you can get to them, do you approach who you photograph? Might be a good idea to have a stack of business cards. So then they can email you if they want a copy. It's advertisement, too!

>> No.7529799

>>7529037
>It's nice that you delete it instead of getting hoity toity about your rights.
why is doing what he has every right to do, as you admit, "getting hoity toity"?

>> No.7529861

>>7521511
>>7521516
Yeah but, my work pants, black slacks made just for work, also had fake ass pockets, and you'd think that work pants would be the first to have real, decently sized pockets in them, right?

>> No.7529868

>>7528661
I wish newspapers would fucking learn this though. I've recently found out I was photographed at a con and appear several times on their website coverage of the con (one of those "look at these silly nerds" things). Only one pic is one they actually asked me for but never said it was for a newspaper or to be published, and the others are random candids of me and a friend browsing booths. That and they mislabeled us, the captions are all about how cute we are, steampunk kid and her little brother out shopping (not related at all, and we're both just kind of short adults)

>> No.7529881

>>7527851
You have to have notice that you're filming if it's anything but personal photos though. Like a tourist doesn't have to tell everyone, but if you're shooting for a website, or even a small film, you're supposed to have posted notice and permission to be filming in a public area.

>> No.7530306

>>7527823
In bigger cities, people don't mind as much because you could be doing something for a job or school.

Like, I've been photographed by street photographers before (back in New York, everyone says they're street photographers though..) and usually if I notice them, I just smile their way since they're probably from one of the art schools and I figure that its better I let them know I've acknowledged them so they're free to keep shooting without any worries.

I've also noticed when I do that, they tend come up and ask if they can keep going. Which leads to them showing me what they were shooting and sharing emails so I can have their nice shots.

...Though there was this one dude who was just taking high quality upskirts going back to the whole 'everyone says they're legit photographers' thing.

TL;DR As long as you aren't being super creepy or sending off creeper vibes, people tend to be more lenient especially when they come up to you to see wtf you're doing.

>> No.7530508

>>7529861
But then your boss can't properly appraise your ass to see if you deserve a promotion, anon~

>> No.7530532

A girl came in to my work (a super busy cafe) wearing sweet lolita and I complimented her on it, she looked pretty cute. She looked kind of confused/scared when I said "I like your coord", didnt even really reply. Everyone in the cafe gave her tons of weird looks/whispering and all of my coworkers were talking about her negatively, though.

>> No.7530533

>>7529881
Except that's totally wrong.
http://blog.rocketlawyer.com/ask-a-lawyer-filming-in-a-public-space-97747

>> No.7530536

>>7528117
>IT'S OKAY GUYS I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!

>> No.7530537

next time, instead of shoving them all in your face, try suckin on em. let em melt in your mouth a little. let the little bits separate. slough the fruit off of a couple seeds with your tongue. they should be nice and soft by now, just push em against the roof of your mouth. maybe suck em a bit. get those seeds outta there, out of the flesh of the berry. when ya got em isolated start crackin em in half with your front teethins. the little seeds make a nice noise when ya crack em. like little bones snappin. crack the bits again. go ahead and eat em. don't be shy or anything. don't let em stick anywhere ya can't get. you can control em, they just seeds. don't be scared.

>> No.7530539

jesus christ

>> No.7530542

>Be waiting on a bench outside of a con
>Be in cosplay, more or less normal clothes but wearing a red contact lense and a blue one
>A bunch of little kids with their teachers walk by
>One of them notices my eyes and points at me
>"Look, look, she has different eyes!"
>Suddenly fifteen schoolkids looking at me with mouths hanging open and trying to figure out what was going on

I don't even like children, but they have some of the best reactions.

>> No.7530851

>>7522876
>would of
It's "would've", anon. Would + have.
Of means "from" or "belonging to".

Sorry. Pet peeve.

>> No.7531230

My dad came to visit me, and since we both needed to pick up a few things, he drove me to get my UPS package. That was the first time he's ever seen a lolita dress.

Growing up my dad was a single father. He would refer to my monthly menstruation as my "lady thing". So, he's not really the frills and bow kind of guy. When I showed him the JSK he smiled and said, "that's nice."

Next step: wear a casual lolita outfit in front of him

>> No.7531238

>>7530851
Kinda is 'kind of' but Would've is 'would have'. English sure is strange.

>> No.7531268

>>7530306
> As long as you aren't being super creepy or sending off creeper vibes, people tend to be more lenient
That goes along with just about everything, as long as you act like you belong and show a little confidence you can get away with just about anything.

>> No.7531303

>>7520622
I am from /r9k/, just passing through to see qt cosplayer pictures. /cgl/ is almost never mentioned on /r9k/. You might get a femanon being told to fuck off to /cgl/ but that's it really.

>> No.7531347

>>7520834
You obviously haven't seen the majority of guys on /r9k/. The majority are average and above average. They just have low confidence and they think they're ugly. (I've been in many threads where guys shared their pics)

>> No.7531353

>>7531347
Or you just happen to have low standards.

>> No.7531359

>>7531353
Wow you're really rude, sure hope I never accidentally run into you at a con.

I guess thankfully my mom taught me that what's inside is more important than what's on the outside.

Women like you is the very reason why so many good men and as already said handsome men become so disillusioned and bitter and wind up on /r9k/

It's okay, what comes around goes around.

>> No.7531363

>>7531359
So, just passing through from /k/ via front page picture.

do /r9k/ and /cgl/ hate each other or something?

>> No.7531364

>>7531359

You're taking anon awfully seriously.

Also you're contradicting yourself. You just said these men are handsome, then you said you should look what's on the inside (protip: /r9k/ isn't a pretty bunch of personalities, much like /cgl/) then you said they're handsome again, meaning you're paying attention to what's on the outside rather than on the inside.

You're not a very good whiteknight.

>> No.7531375

>>7531363
yes

>> No.7531382

>>7531364

I guess I should have made myself more clear. It seems like she wants to call me out because I have low standards. What I was trying to say is that maybe her standards are too high.

I'll take a handsome average looking guy with a sweet and kind personality over a good looking guy with a shit personality any day of the week.

The truth is most of those guys have a "shit personality" because bitches like her consider them "ugly" when they're not. Because she fucking feels she's entitled to super model guys.

I can't help it, she touched a nerve with me. I lurk there, and it breaks my heart to see what those guys have to go through. Walk a mile in their shoes some time.

>> No.7531384

>>7531375
Out of curiosity, mind explaining why?

Board relations fascinate me.

>> No.7531391

>>7531384
/r9k/ are creepers who derail everything they touch
/cgl/ is are girls thus they are sluts/whores who only go for Chads and never for the nice guy

>> No.7531392

>>7531382
Before I get called out for contradicting myself again, most of those guys are angry (rightfully so) and lash out and that's why you consider them to have "shit personalities." When in truth most of them just want a quality, loving, girl who will treat them with respect and not cheat.

>> No.7531400

>>7531391
No we go for /jp/ and /a/. Our goal is to be 2.5D after all.

You're just jelly cause robots don't hev waifu.

>> No.7531402

>>7531392
> most of them just want a quality, loving, girl who will treat them with respect and not cheat
Wanting a nice gf is one thing, but constantly complaining about not having a gf because you can't be bothered to even try is another. Some arcanines are actually pretty chill, but a lot of them are just frustrating.

> tfw no gf
> what bitches, all girls are sluts and deserve to be raeped!1!!
> why no gf

>> No.7531404

>>7531384
/r9k/ is full of mosogynists, and /cgl/ is full of women.

>> No.7531407

>>7531391
Interesting, thank you answering instead of flaming me for off-topic.

As for an on-topic outside opinion, I can't speak for day-/k/ because they are shit incarnate, but most of night-/k/ generally has a you don't judge me, I don't judge you policy.

I don't care how you dress, as long as you mind you're own business and are not making a scene you can dress like Barney for all I care. Anyone who goes out of the way to gawk are the ones at fault, not the ones doing their own thing.

Enjoy yalls day.

>> No.7531409
File: 34 KB, 600x594, r9k.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7531402

>> No.7531415

>>7531392
Then they should look for other things in a girl: instead of how cute she is, tits and ass maybe they ought to learn to be better judges of character and not go for sluts and they won't get cheated on.

Also, not our fault. If they didn't come here shitting up the board and being immature shitniggers we'd find them less gross.

>> No.7531424

>>7531392

Since we're being a bunch of autists here, the point is, you have asserted that they look good, and anon simply said you have low standards. It's a difference in opinion over looks, bringing up personalities is off topic in this argument.

>> No.7531443

>>7531382
>I lurk there, and it breaks my heart to see what those guys have to go through. Walk a mile in their shoes some time.

As someone who lurked both there and other single, sad beta male-dominated places, I beg to differ. I've walked a thousand miles in their shoes, even more so than in my own. Most of them, though not all, DO have shit personalities. A lot of them are poor little weird boys who never quite learned how to socialize and suck at relationships because of that, but even then they ARE misogynistic assholes. I feel bad, because I know their hatred have a source that includes their own suffering, but I cannot have pity for people who do not regard half of the earth population as human beings who deserve respect.

By the way, that's often why they have such shitty experiences with females in the first place. Pick hottie they can never possibly have because they are awkward and don't know how to flirt and not too handsome on top of that, try to "be there for her" and be nice and think that'll be enough and get mad because it didn't work and "why is she with that other guy who is popular, exciting, knows how to flirt and is actually socially apt if he sometimes have fights with her? Why isn't she with me, I'm none of that but I would worship the ground she walks on, and never fight!".

Men love to say that women fight and are bitches and "guys are all friends and bros, such bromance, very love" but as soon as a guy is competition, he's "an asshole who doesn't treat the girl right". Beta males who are unhappy about being beta males are the worst (the cute non-misogynistic ones are great though).

>> No.7531479

>>7531382
If a dude starts lashing out at women because he can't get a girlfriend then he probably isn't a 'sweet and kind' guy. I had a guy friend who liked me, but when I didn't return his feelings he didn't throw a hissy fit, he accepted my decision and we're still close.

And amazing enough, most girls don't entitled to super hot guys, they just like talking about them.

>> No.7531508

>>7531479
'Don't entitled'
I am master of the English language.

>> No.7531516

To get this back on track...

> Thursday before Easter
> Go to local bookshop to pick up orders
> Mom with a young boy gushes about my dress
> She asks for picture and was super nice about it

I really thought I was going to have a snap and run experience. Nice when people ask.

>> No.7531562

>>7531382
I'm original anon. Average is not cute nor attractive, especially with /r9k/'s personnality. An average guy have all his chance if he is special in another way, like particularly interesting or charming. Nobodby wants mediocrity, to seduce you have to seem out of the ordinary for the people you want to seduce. It can be your appearance, it can be your way of speaking, your hobbies. You have to grab the attention or you will not seduce, period.
So, average is not equal cute, average is average. Average appareance does not mean "I have the exact same chances as everybody else", it means " I should do my best to be myself and develop my own talents or I'll stay unnoticed all my life".
According to people around me, I'm a really pretty girl. I've dated mostly average + looking guys, because we had common hobbies, they were clever and charming, and because it worked between the two of us.
And I have dated a few 'super model' type guys. Exactly as for average men, some are nice, some aren't, some fake it. They aren't that different.
And friendzone bullshit etc etc : I was once an ugly duckling too.

>> No.7531582

>>7531562
Forgot to add that you totally called me a bitch for no reason and made pretty stupid assumption about my opinion. This make whatever was your argument invalid and makes you sound like a mysoginistic fedora-kun.

>> No.7531640

>>7531443
Which bothers you more, racism or sexism?

>> No.7531701

>>7531238
Oh no doubt, English is a nightmare, even for native speakers.
But the "from/belonging to" rule helped me.
>Kinda: Kind of: The kind belonging to a defined set.

>Would of: Would... from? Would that... belongs to a set? Nope, must meant "would have"

I keep seeing highly educated people make this mistake and it throws my nerves off. It's a rule that should be taught early on.
/rant, sorry for subjecting you to that.

>> No.7531705

>>7531640
sexism

>> No.7531733

>>7527823
I don't mind if people take photos of me, but I do wish that they would ask permission. Either before or afterwards is fine. But I know that some people are *really* not OK with having their photo taken especially if you have the intent of uploading it anywhere without their permission, either because they're afraid it's going to be for the purpose of mockery or because they may want to keep their 'lolita life' a secret. One lolita that I know is a high-ranking executive in a law firm. Obviously it's not to her benefit to have photos of her in frilly dresses floating around.

>> No.7531922

>>7531733

I'm one of those people who really aren't okay with people taking my picture, especially if they're going to upload it somewhere.

I've had two people try to take my picture and I either ducked behind my husband or hidden my face in an obvious "don't do this" gesture. Both times they tried to dodge my discomfort and my wishes with excuses. "But you look so pretty!" "Oh but you've already been photographed!" It really ruffles my bloomers.

One guy just took my picture, and smiled and nodded at me without even saying anything from three feet away. I really hope he got the message that I was not okay with it when I instantly death glared at him reflexively.

>> No.7532187

>>7525344
I remember one of the first times I wore Lolita was to middle school, where a "friend" of mine came over and tipped his can of soda over my skirt like he was going to dump it out.
When I informed him of the price he would owe me if he continued any further, his grin disappeared pretty quickly.

>> No.7532209

>>7532187
>middle school
I don't know what you expected.

>> No.7532309

>>7532209
Nor do I.
But I suppose as a middle schooler, you don't really realise the collective stupidity of the people around you - at least not until several years later.

>> No.7532344

>>7532187
>his grin disappeared pretty quickly.
I wish the kids I knew had this much sense. I've actually had people put lotion, paper, and other random stuff on me regardless. Will never forget being in 8th grade and this boy I knew spit in my face. Told the teacher, she ignored it like I was joking.

Seriously, the "people", I use that quite loosely, here may as well be animals. You could wear a plain, yellow dress and someone will think you're supposed to be dressed for church or some fancy job.

>> No.7532492

>>7532344

This sounds exactly like the people where I live, anon. Except I'm not a lolita, I dress old school punk and they hate my guts.

>> No.7532500

> in a group of people
> Guy walks up to us: "so I used to live in Japan... I'm going to guess this is Harajuku stuff."
> Everyone nods.

That was honestly the strangest expirence I've ever had.

>> No.7532603
File: 2.05 MB, 400x225, 1394327861588.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy my first sort of cosplay/lolita-ish things from Bodyline a year or so ago
>tried to hide receiving it, but my mom found out and asked me "Is this a Sailor Moon costume from japan?"
>SHIT, MY COVERS BEEN BLOWN
>she makes me open the package in front of her
>"IT'S A MAID OUTFIT, IS THIS FOR FETISH SHIT? JESUS CHRIST! SHOW THIS TO THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY SO WE CAN LAUGH AT YOU"
>everyone comes by and laughs
>"SHE LOOKS LIKE JENNIFER ANNISTON IN THAT ONE MOVIE SHE DRESSED UP IN AS A MAID HAHAHA"
>sister says it looks cute
>dad sees
>the most disappointed look in his life
I just like cute maid outfits. Otherwise, I dress gyaru-ish and men bother me in town a lot.

>> No.7532610

>>7532603
>SHOW THIS TO THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY SO WE CAN LAUGH AT YOU"
You're mom is quite the bitch.

>> No.7532617

>>7532603
It's funny because that is the episode I dropped the comedy of the season.

>> No.7532635

>>7528117
/cgl/ is full of people who get offended and upset way too easily.
>see Tumblr

>> No.7532648

>>7532603
Fuck, that makes me so mad. Especially how she forced you to open it in the first place.

>>7531407
Some /k/ anons have stopped by before to help make our props look realistic and to inform on the proper way to hold weapons. It was really nice of those guys.
And I guess /k/ and /cgl/ do share that "Just leave us alone" mindset. I never thought about that. Whether it's some stranger interjecting their opinion on your CC or on our frills, people need to keep their thoughts to themselves.

>> No.7532703

>>7531922
Same. It's the main reason I don't wear my more eye-catching clothes out often, because when you're dressed strangely apparently you're suddenly fair game and aren't allow to object to any kind of attention.
When I'm out in a super simple otome or mori coord and someone STILL insists of taking pictures of me despite my objections, I just burst out in tears. No better way to make someone feel like an asshole. It's not something I use lightly but the ability to cry on command is a very useful one.

>> No.7532714
File: 38 KB, 500x333, sad kitten.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7532703
I had an acting class and I met a girl who could do that. I envy her. The most I can give are misty, sad kitten eyes, look down, and hope the other person has a heart. Which they usually don't.

>>7532603
>everyone comes by and laughs
Jeez that's awful. Sounds like a close minded conservative household. I often get mixed reactions to the stuff I order for cosplays. Usually raised eyebrows, gushing, or light accusations of looking like a trollop.

>> No.7532727

>>7520834
I thought we hated them because they are the source of all the misogyny here, you know the stuff, randomly injected into an inappropriate thread about petticoats will be something about "women not knowing their place in society" or some cringeworthy neckbeard cry of desperation

>> No.7532778

>be me in old school sweet lolita,head to toe in AP
>I deal with anxiety issues,depression,dysmorphobia and that kind of bullshit
>feeling super cute on that day and has a big confident and happy smile
>Buy some ice cream cone then go in the subway,has to meet friends
>It's rather empty,then two teenage girls chatting loudly arrive,saying goodbye to some orange faced friends
>Let the shit begin.jpg
>Your typical high school bitches in yoga pants,uggs/sneakers and boring hoodies
>They begin to laugh,and point at me "omg this is so not normal" "Yeah,oh ehm gee,like,it totally isn't Halloween" "She so ugleh" "I knoow right let's take a pic for facebook"
>They giggle and shit,stay totally calm,won't let two bitches ruin my day
>Then one of the bitches touch my dress,they proceed to touch it behind my back,i'm getting super anxious but turn my head
>Then I notice one of them is putting FUCKING FOUNDATION ON MY DRESS and the other "accidentaly" spill coke over my frills
>They giggle "lawl she don't see"
>Oh hell no bitches
>Take the ice cream cone and put it right on one of the bitches' face
>"don't touch me with your filthy normalfags hands"
>Bitches ain't laughing anymore
>Bitch is covered in chocolate ice cream,shocked,try to touch me
>Fuck no,take my umbrella and slap her in the face
>About to cry,I have trouble breathing but won't show weakness
>The other one is like "woah calm down bitch",try to hit me,pull my hair,I take the can of coke out of her hands in anger and pour it on her face
>"Arriving to ****** station"
>Don't care if it isn't my station,I run like there's no tomorrow far away from the crazies,they follow me,try to hit me,shouting stuff at me
>I run outside the subway,I can't breathe,heart beating faster than ever
>Finally lost them,ask one of the parked taxis outside to go where i was supposed to meet my friends
>Get in,see them coming out
>They see me rollin',they hatin'
>Stains on my dress are still sort of there though...
My english is shit sorry

>> No.7532781

>>7532778
(I cried silently after,my heart was beating so fast and I was so scared,but my dear lolita friends hugged me and told me i was really brave and that everything was ok...cutie patooties)

>> No.7532800

>finally wear lolita on a day off
>go get gas
>woman asks if this is a costume
>"Nope. Everyday wear."
>"Oh...ok."
>gives me the "what a freak" look
>MFW she herself looks like a cracked out whore and is getting some random dude's number for a hookup in Wawa
Everyone else paid me no mind (best reaction ever IMHO) or complimented me that day.

>> No.7532812

>>7532778
hooooly shit anon, im so sorry this happened to you. you shouldve dragged them by the uggz to the cops and make them pay for ruining your dress.

>> No.7532815

>>7532812
It's ok anon. I'm very small,rather skinny,and have a frail body but oh dear I wish I had,I was so angry and feeling so humiliated

>> No.7532830

>>7532815
im sorry i couldnt be your fatty-chan waifu who saves the day by pounding on them~

>> No.7532914

Back in high school when I was first getting into lolita, there was one older guy who would constantly pick on me and my sister. He would constantly mock my clothing or say that my sister was dead in a ditch somewhere getting fucked by a homeless man.

So, one day I snapped. In all of my frilly glory I got up from my bus seat, walked over to him, and grabbed him by his collar. I told him to shut the fuck up and he did. I don't think he ever expected me to stand up for myself since I would typically ignore him. After that he never bothered or my sister again.

Another time some UGG wearing girl chucked a slushie at my friends dress. Luckily it was Bodyline, but my friend is really sweet, so seeing something like that happen to her was rather painful. When my sister found out she spent the next 30 minutes spitting into a hot chocolate drink. She chucked it at the girl...and managed to incur the wrath of a group of girls. It wasn't a good time.

I've also had a boy spill punch juice on one of my dresses before. Small towns suck sometimes.

>> No.7533622

>>7532778
>dysmorphobia
trans?

>> No.7534385

>>7532778
Oh wow anon, that's so horrible. I have anxiety, depression, and body dysmorphic disorder as well (not sure if that's what you meant by dysmorphobia) and I don't think I would have been able to take that. Good on you for standing up for yourself and giving them what they deserve.

>> No.7534757 [DELETED] 
File: 105 KB, 540x720, 223434_1760200527924_7315241_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

First time wearing my selfmade dress, a little old lady, who must have been over 90 stopped me, and asked me where I got my dress and why I was wearing a dress like that. She seemed so happy, she liked it really much, we talked about elegant and oldschool clothes, I was overwhelmed by joy.

>> No.7534768

>>7534757

Oh god, old ladies are the best. They get so nostalgic about crinolines and look so happy while they wax poetic.

>> No.7534777
File: 183 KB, 541x720, 222834_1760199687903_4538645_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

First time wearing my selfmade dress, a little old lady, who must have been over 90 stopped me, and asked me where I got my dress and why I was wearing a dress like that. She seemed so happy, she liked it really much, we talked about elegant and oldschool clothes. I was completely overwhelmed with joy.

>> No.7534780

>>7532778
I got slightly anxious just reading that up until the end. I'm so sorry, anon. I'm happy for you, you managed to stand up for yourself.

>> No.7534782

>>7534768
Sorry, corrected grammar, so I deleted it, but thanks and yeah, they are so cute!

>> No.7534783

>>7534777
looks pretty good anon, though I feel the ruffle on the bib is a bit big

>> No.7534784

>>7532914
>some UGG wearing girl chucked a slushie at my friends dress
Why the fuck is it always normalfag girls in hideous Uggs who do this shit? What could they possibly have to gain?
It's like a fucking pattern.

>> No.7535126

>>7534784
They jelly

>> No.7535144

>>7534784
Just my experience, but the people who obsess over shitty overpriced brand name shoes seem to also the ones who flip out the hardest when people either refuse to also buy ghetto rich shoes or wear alt fashion.

>> No.7535148

>>7535144
Meant to add: Because it invalidates their whole worldview of being awesome just for having flashy brand names. Also, bitches who can't really afford their $100 trash shoes are the nastiest.

>> No.7535401

>>7532344
My middle/high school life had people spit on me, stick gum in my hair, put gum, soda, or other nasty shit on my seat, mess with my food if I turned around, and a few people spray me with perfume or slap lotion on me because they knew I was allergic to fragrance. There is zero thought to it beyond "if i do this, it will be funny!". Some of them were honestly shocked when they got caught and given a punishment.

>> No.7535407

>>7534784
You're shitting me. That's fucking ridiculous.

~

I remember my friend and I were walking through NYC after some International Lolita Day event and this dude asked if we were some weird type of prostitute, and then proceeded to invite us back to his place.

Shit was pretty weird.

>> No.7535414

>>7533622
Dysmorphia is anything relating to body image issues I thought. Like average or thin people who perceive themselves to be overweight, or perfectly fine looking people who honestly believe they're horribly ugly and disfigured.

>> No.7535429
File: 1.92 MB, 500x359, excuse you.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My mom likes to show it off to our family back in Poland.
My mom's also pretty bipolar about me cosplaying. When I wear the costumes, she is all like "Wow you look great! Let me take a picture!!" But other times she gets really "When are you going to stop this childish thing."
>mfw she really likes it when I wear my Lightning wig and she tells me to grow out my hair and actually style and colour it like that.

>> No.7535547

>>7534777
Lovely dress, one of the styles I really like

> 10/10 would twirl

>> No.7537727

>>7535407
>this dude asked if we were some weird type of prostitute
You obviously weren't regular prostitutes.

>> No.7537740

>>7535414
And you are correct. Body dysmorphia is an overall term for all that shit.

>> No.7537796

>>7535401
>>7532778
I have no idea what I would do in a situation like this. The closest I've ever come to it is when I traveled to Seattle and some creepy woman spit in my face. I think it was because, since I was having such a good day, I had a giant stupid grin on. My face smelled like feces until I could scrub if off in a bathroom. Luckily since I was having such a good day, I wasn't phased too badly. Plus I was wearing normalfag clothes and I'm a real plain jane white girl. I didn't feel singled out at all, she was just crazy. I figured it would make a good story.

Now if that had happened to me when I was wearing lolita, I probably wouldn't wear it out again for a couple months.

>> No.7537828

>>7537796
Though I guess I have been kind of singled out before. It was by a huge 15+ pack of teenage/preteen girls, so that never bodes well.

> Wearing pastels, not exactly jfashion
> Blue beret, pink long-sleeved shirt, short patterned pastel skirt, lace tights, pink Bodyline maryjanes
> Waiting for boyfriend to get off work from his job in the mall
> Pacing by the employee exit
> Excited to see boyfriend, so I have a spring to my step and a smile on my face
Enter the pack
> They stand off to the side, giggling to each other
> I ignore them
> I had gotten bored at the mall, so I had been pacing for 20 minutes or so
> They hung around for a good 7-10 minutes of that
Don't you guys have anything better to do
> Boyfriend finally gets let out
> We start walking away and he says, "Anon, are these some friends of yours?"
> I glance over and notice that a few of them had been following me in a line, mimicking my pacing
> "No, they're just making fun of me."

I hope they heard. Sometimes these girls don't even realize they're hurting someone who is a real human being.
In middle school I had a girl who would always heckle me when I responded to discussions in class. One day she dramatically sighed, "Ugh. No one cares, Anon." and I snapped. I told her, "You know what, Sarah? Every time you've opened your mouth to speak to me, not a single kind word has come out. And I'M the one who doesn't care, Sarah!" Halfway through what I was saying, she got the most horrified look on her face. She interrupted me, saying, "Wait, really? ...Oh my God. You're right. I can't believe myself." Then she looked at me with this unsettling worried intensity. She said that she was so incredibly sorry, she didn't know how she let herself keep going like this, and that she didn't expect me to forgive her. I was taken really off guard and everyone was watching, so I stumbled out something about how it was fine and that I really didn't care.

It was surreal. She honestly had never thought about it.

>> No.7537859

>>7537828
>It was surreal. She honestly had never thought about it.

As someone who used to be a bully, I can confirm that bullies really never think about their victim's feelings. Bullying is a selfish thing and I think most bullies do it more to gain something for themselves. I was in a group of girls who bullied others, we all did it to feel better about ourselves and to gain respect from each other and to prove how badass we were. Whenever I managed to provoke a reaction from the victim, my bully friends cheered me on and made me feel really powerful. I bullied for that feeling. The victim was always irrelevant.
(I was a bully all the way until graduation but I have since then apologized to the people I bullied. I'm forever ashamed of what I did. Never bully anyone.)

>> No.7537862

>>7513545
>be professional photographer for modeling industry
>see girl with great potential who can possibly turn fashion upside down
>take a few snap shots for professional evaluations later
>approach her about to ask her if she wants to join my agency and become a professional model
>she flips me the bird
>very rude would not hire her

>> No.7537866

>Be at a victorian expo with a friend
>She's in jfashion I'm in lolita
>In Aatp Royal crown's tea just for reference
>Two older ladies spot us, seem overjoyed
>Ask us for a picture together
>We remove our coats so they can have a better view of the whole outfits
>When they see it they're even more excited
>Everyone is happy about it, the ladies seem thrilled to have completed the expo with a picture of us

I hope I don't look like I'm bragging but it's always so nice when people are genuinely excited by the dresses and get a nice pic of it instead of sneakily snapping one.

Museum and expos are great places to wear lolita because people are older/wiser and kinda assume you're from a weird quircky club or something ?

>> No.7537872

>>7537859
It's amazing that you apologized to the people you bullied. I have so much respect for you. There are too many ex-bullies who think that their victims have forgotten, or it was too long ago, or make an excuse about how they were a kid and of course the victim knows they'd be matured by now. I've had too many people who bullied me in the past talk to me in the present as if nothing is wrong.
Nine times out of ten, the victims do not forget. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away. The few who have approached me, seeing that humiliated look in their eyes, desperate for forgiveness, my heart melts. I can't help but forgive them before they've even said anything. Because in those eyes, it breaks down those ideas I had about myself because of them. No, they didn't bully me because I was obnoxious or dumb or ugly. They weren't telling me that none of my friends liked me out of a kind desire to inform me on the situation. I'm not weak and I'm not worthless. They did it for their own reasons and not because of me.
Fuck, now I'm crying. Bitter and happy. Because I'm so grateful for those who came up to me. But the ones who didn't. It still lingers in my mind. Their voices pop up when I make a mistake. Their voice started to sound like mine and I can't see the difference anymore. Logically I know that they were probably just trying to fit in or vent problems from elsewhere. But I still wonder if maybe they were right.

One person came up to me that I didn't remember. I don't know if I remembered her words and lost her face, if I blocked it out, or just plain forgot. But I had the utmost respect for her after that day. Bringing up what she had done didn't rekindle any hatred in me. I liked her a lot more after that. People shouldn't be scared of them forgetting as an excuse not to apologize. It's never too late.

sage for sobblogging

>> No.7539072

>>7534784
My hometown was full of snotty UGG wearing white girls. Surprisingly, the super religious ones were really fun to grow up with. In a small town there's a hive mentality. If you stick out you break their little cookie cutter lifestyle.

>>7535407
I've had a guy in the city tell me I look like a fancy little cum guzzler.

>> No.7539112

>Be me, go out for the day with girlfriend, both wearing old school pink btssb, I have a frilly pink ap parasol. Looking pretty good for a couple of newfags.
>Walking around, getting lost.
>Nice shop owners are all wow you're very cute
>Some drunk and/or high dude in his 20's runs up to us
>oh my god you guys scared me
>Are you from a horror movie
>You freaked us out
>goes on like this
>ummm okay
>We laugh our asses off after he leaves
>Go to some juice bar
>People working there recognize it
>Later
>Totally lost again, pretty empty street
>Some dude, probably homeless comes up
>What are you wearing?
>U-uh... clothes?
>You look cute.
>Stands and stares at us for too long, too freaked out to move
>Th-thanks
>run off

>> No.7539115

>>7539112
Also, some shop lady was like LITTLE BO PEEPS when we walked in, but was actually really sweet after we explained it was just a fashion

>> No.7539155

>>7537872
>severely bullied in school
>destruction of personal property, true bodily harm, spray painted shit on my lockers, someone tried to break into my yard and hit my dog with their jeep (he's fine now, just a broken leg)
>severed all ties the summer I graduated
>get a Facebook a few years later (it was not really a thing yet in school)
>regular invites to parties, school games, and a 5 year reunion
>who even fucking has a 5 year reunion whats the point
>politely decline and ask classmates to not contact me again
>"Oh come on anon, we're all adults now, lets put the past behind us and be friends"
>you broke my nose, tried to kill my dog, and made me want to kill myself for a solid 7 years of my life
>obviously we are not both adults here if you don't realize you did some bad fucking shit

>> No.7539208

>>7539155
I am so sorry that happened to you, anon.

>> No.7539222

>>7539155
As someone who also contacted people 10-15 years down the road for being a creep in middle school, all those people can absolutely go fuck themselves.

>> No.7539557 [DELETED] 
File: 151 KB, 480x270, 1317065359611.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7525475
>czech and lolita

There are literally pink pistols on the market, dude. Even I know how to accessorize.

My story: I was the one reacting to the lolita. In time-tested greentext fashion:

>Grocery shopping in the summer, hate shopping so I'm in a rush
>Trying to hunt down that last item on my list, molasses, for a recipe
>Turn into baking aisle and see cute young woman in earth-tones lolita outfit, complete with a hair bow
>Recognize it as mori style because I browse /cgl/
>"That's a lovely Mori coord!"
>Her eyes go wide as dinner plates, she damn near drops the pack of cupcake liners she was holding
>I belatedly remember that I didn't shave that morning, the wind probably messed up my hair and I'm wearing filthy work clothes
>I've got my outside-the-belt holster on because its hot as fuck outside and the fugly faded t-shirt I threw on doesn't cover it
>Realize I'm literally one fedora away from being the worst person on earth to have opened my fucking mouth
>Containment failure
>Spaghetti externalize event
>I'M BLUSHING
>MY ENTIRE FACE IS BURNING HOTTER THEN THE SURFACE OF THE FUCKING SUN OH JESUS CHRIST
>melt into a small puddle
>flow away into the drain, alone with my shame

I know several people that work in that grocery store, so when they saw me slide out the front end on a tidal wave of spaghetti they put two and two together and haven't stopped teasing me since.

Don't wear lolita in public. Its inhumane.

>> No.7539570
File: 65 KB, 1280x720, 1364713929960.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7525475
>czech and lolita

There are literally pink pistols on the market, dude. Even I know how to accessorize.

My story: I was the one reacting to the lolita. In time-tested greentext fashion:

>Grocery shopping in the summer, hate shopping so I'm in a rush
>Trying to hunt down that last item on my list, molasses, for a recipe
>Turn into baking aisle and see cute young woman in earth-tones lolita outfit, complete with a hair bow
>Recognize it as mori style because I browse /cgl/
>"That's a lovely Mori coord!"
>Her eyes go wide as dinner plates, she damn near drops the pack of cupcake liners she was holding
>I belatedly remember that I didn't shave that morning, the wind probably messed up my hair and I'm wearing filthy work clothes
>I've got my outside-the-belt holster on because its hot as fuck outside and the fugly faded t-shirt I threw on doesn't cover it
>Realize I'm literally one fedora away from being the worst person on earth to have opened my fucking mouth
>Containment failure
>Spaghetti excursion event
>I'M BLUSHING
>MY ENTIRE FACE IS BURNING HOTTER THEN THE SURFACE OF THE FUCKING SUN OH JESUS CHRIST
>melt into a small puddle
>flow away into the drain, alone with my shame

I know several people that work in that grocery store, so when they saw me slide out the front end on a tidal wave of spaghetti they put two and two together and haven't stopped teasing me since.

Don't wear lolita in public. Its inhumane.

>> No.7539585
File: 5 KB, 268x240, 1358840762629.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everyone please ignore >>7515111
Newfag does not yet know our ways.

>> No.7539587

>>7537828
>She interrupted me, saying, "Wait, really? ...Oh my God. You're right. I can't believe myself."
...and that girls name was ALBERT EINSTEIN

>> No.7539660

I made an OkCupid account, and while I went on dates with many legit men, there was one who was clearly doing it as a joke. I wear lolita to first dates to scare guys off early who can't handle it, so of course I went in lolita.

So, I gave him a couple choices on times to do the date, and one option was after I went out for a drink with friends. I hadn't planned on having more than one drink so I'd be fine, but I still gave him fair warning I may be a little tipsy. He said, "That could be interesting..." and I thought nothing of it. Boys usually love my upbeat and perky attitude.

Well so, even though he was a well-educated man with a good job, he seemed very slow from the start, like literally, he talked extremely slow. He also said a couple stupid comments. Now this whole date lasted about two hours, and during that time I kept wondering if he was retarded, or high. At some point we started talking about video games that we didn't have in common, it was a droll conversation, but I managed to keep at least some type of conversation happening. Around then is when he started to lean sideways like he was falling asleep.

Not the most interesting story, but we ended the date, shook hands, and parted ways. I guess he thought it'd be fun to get high and go on a date with the cupcake princess, but was unexpectedly met with casual conversation about work and common interests instead of high-pitched gab about unicorns and sparkles.

>> No.7539682

>>7522895
I bet it was someone from /cgl/ who saw you IRL and thought you were a fat ita or was just mad jelly cuz of your sweg

>> No.7539710

>>7539155
>>you broke my nose, tried to kill my dog, and made me want to kill myself for a solid 7 years of my life
>>obviously we are not both adults here if you don't realize you did some bad fucking shit
Did you make sure to tell them that? I can't fucking stand "kids will be kids xDD" shitty logic. No. Some kids are assholes.

>> No.7539729

>>7539660
Oh man, I have a picture of me in lolita on my OKC, since I figured I would lay all my weirder hobbies out on the line first.
>get a message one day
>25 year old dumpy white guy
>"Calling that stuff you wear 'alternative fashion' is putting it lightly..."
>wat
I met my current boyfriend through there though, who messaged me because he thought lolita was cute and he had a friend that also dressed in it. You get all sorts.

>> No.7539772

>>7539710
Not in quite those words but yeah. I'm known as something of a horrid bitch now. Good thing I left that town and live about as far away as possible without leaving the continental states.

>> No.7539825

>>7525568
10/10