[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 47 KB, 426x640, Box Gundam.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7507541 No.7507541 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /cgl/, /fit/ here. My gf convinced me to go with her to an anime convention, my first one (A-Kon in Dallas June 2014). What can I expect? I'm not too familiar with anime (just mainstream American ones like DBZ) but do have a geeky side (love Star Trek). Will I still have a good time?

And yes, we're gonna cosplay. I'm going as Guile from Street Fighter and she's going as Yoko from Gurren Lagann.

>pic related: my backup costume.

>> No.7507762

Bump

>> No.7507764

>>7507541
Lots of costumes of various nerdom that you may not even recognise, lots of fun, things to buy, etc. And people will always be asking for photos, just go with the flow and have lots of fun and take lots of photos

>> No.7507773

there's not a lot of trek or DBZ but if you find them, chat them up. There are still lots of people that appreciate old animu and other genres. I've found nice star trek badges in the dealer's room too. Relax, you're gonna have a good time

>> No.7508572

>>7507541
>American ones
>dbz
fuck men you could have said american like avatar or boondocks fuck just never said that again in your life time please never mix american with anime in a sentence
also
>star trek
plebs of the plebs, even star wars is better (and it's trash)
you'll be better of watching a game or on any shit you normal's do dude just leave the Cons to the real fans

>> No.7508593
File: 104 KB, 960x720, goobers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BO smell and homestuck

the hilton is real nice though

>> No.7509741

>>7507541

Already have a thread.
>>7488140

As for >>7508572 's response, this con isn't for 'real fans'. It's everything thrown into a fucking blender. It's not so much anime anymore, but any fucking flavor of the month fandom.

>> No.7509807

>>7507541
Expect to see plenty of landwhales, neckbeards and beta faggots.
Other than that, a lot of the people there are pretty cool.
Keep in mind that everyone that takes pics of your gf is probably going to masturbate furiously to her at home.