[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 130 KB, 680x510, hopefully.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7502666 No.7502666[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey Cosplay. First time poster and im wondering if you could help with something or point me in the right direction?

Im currently in good spot with money so im thinking of cosplaying Kamen rider v1 or v2. Any advice on where to start in regards to commision or building my own pieces for the suit?

pic related . Hoping to make it as close to this one as possible.

>> No.7503188

I've been doing research on this since I want to do a Kabuto-inspired cosplay.

The cheapest and simplest thing to do is use craft foam (AKA EVA foam). You could also use a sturdier material like worpla.

If you stick to foam, I found this tutorial that seems easy to do. http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showthread.php?t=62018

Basically, you get a papercraft version of the helmet and cut the pieces out in foam and glue them together. If you look up Tokusatsu Papercraft on Facebook, you'll find a page with a ton of info.

The armor could be done with a basic armor tutorial, also with foam. http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html

The biggest problem I've had is the black clothes that everything actually goes over. Was considering something like a spandex suit, but everything I've seen looks more like leather.

Good luck, rider.

>> No.7503201

>>7503188
You'd actually be fine using spandex. It's what the tokusatsu stage shows use. The costumes are a little cheaper and take a few liberties since they're used for live stunts.

PAGING DECADE

>> No.7503605
File: 569 KB, 703x625, fucking great decade.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7503201
Ive been summoned!!!
Hi there op!

The helmet may be a challenge, seeing how there's only one pepakura for the helmet and its Indonesian and also forever stuck on a Pdf file, If you can find it and youre head fits I say use the fiberglass method, plenty tutorials on youtube showing hot to do the pepakura fiberglass method like I use.

For the body I would suggest EVA foam, its really good for holding shape, being light enough for maneuverability and can be painted just right to look solid as fuck.

As far as commissioning goes, Try Aniki, he sells full suits for the First/TheNEXT as well as kits you can complete yourself.

Those suits are pretty hard to make from The Next considering all the leather work and stuff.
HOWEVER, If you'd like to make the showa style guys I did a write up on how to make one of those on Henshin Justice's forum along with a few pepakura files. I think the threads name was "HELP kamen rider ichigo Cosplay

I'll keep an eye on this thread, If you other tokubros need help with sentai rider ect. cosplay post it up here

>> No.7503650

>>7503605
I'm the guy from this post >>7503188

I was also not sure what to do for the helmet lenses to be actually see through. I've seen people use Christmas ornaments, but I'd like to consider more options.

>> No.7503673
File: 461 KB, 1200x590, NonSlipDrawerLiner2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7503650
Try this stuff. It's called drawer liner. You can find it in decently-sized sheets for a few bucks at any store that sells kitchen stuff.

>> No.7503678

>>7503650
>>7503673
Whoops, I misread what you were asking, but the answer still applies. Use any clear/colored plastic and add the drawer liner on the inside, it'll look opaque but you'll be able to see through it.

The actual show helmets don't have see-through lenses, they have holes cut into them in discreet spots for the suit actors to see through. There are several kinds of helmets; The stunt helmets have bigger holes cut into them, and then there's helmets for close-up shots with minimal/no holes in them.

>> No.7503972

>>7502666
what convention you planning to use it at?

>> No.7506838
File: 815 KB, 499x280, 1363420838116.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7503650
Ive used plastic bowls, soda bottles, vaccuformed plastic ect ect. best thing to do is look around an experiment, Im using a clear tub that I'll cut and heatgun into shape for Gaim's Visor.
Also I use that Liner stuff too for the eye effect, bro tip: spray paint that stuff silver before putting it in the helmet, then if somebody uses a flash on the camera it will look sick as fuck.

ALSOOOO
>>7503678
You're wrong. There are Many bike helmets and action helmets where its a colored mesh instead of the eyes, or they have the detail parts removed and just used the colored lenses. Best example of this, watch Decade and W movie taisen right when the two riders meet on bike, you can see half of Takaiwa's face.