[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 323 KB, 476x479, 1392616373903.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7500640 No.7500640[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'll be going to my second con in a few months, but I'll be in Lolita this time. I'm very nervous because what about all those weeby non-sealed homestucks, ah! I've heard stories about them ruining cosplays before. Maybe I can learn from other's experiences.

>Tell me about horror stories that have happened at cons for bonus points
>Or just general horrors that have happened while you were in lolita

>> No.7501088

>Be me back in high school
>Had been into lolita for years, saving up for so long.
>Sugary carnival is released
>Fall in love
>Have enough money, buy it as soon as it came out.
>So excited, can't wait for it to arrive
>Freak out and cry when I get it
>Go to school the next day, left it hanging in my closet.
>Go back home, want to try it on again
>Isn't in my closed
>fuck
>MOM WHERE IS MY NEW DRESS
>What new dress?
>The purple one with the horses! It was right here!
>Oh, you mean that kids dress up outfit? (she works at a preschool) the little girls need more dress up clothes, so I went through your closet to find some! I brought it in the afternoon!
>I freak the fuck out
>wtf anon its just your old dress
>no mom i just bought it its fucking expensive
>Get her to bring me to the preschool to get it back
>She's really pissed
>Dig through a bunch of stuff, find it.
>After a single day the lace is already torn, corset lacing is nowhere to be found. Some sort of food is spilled all over it, corset lacing and one waist tie nowhere to be found.
>Fix it up the best I can.
Sadly, no pictures, I'm more into classic now and sold it to a friend.

>> No.7501141

>>7501088
This story deeply hurt me. Im surprised you still talk to your mother.

>> No.7501167

>>7501088
>She dug through your things
>Pissed you wanted it back
This right here is why I do not trusy my mother.

>> No.7501173

>>7501088
oh shit I'm posting this to the SPSTL tumblr, what colorway was it?

your mom sounds like shit

>> No.7501174

>>7501088
How come I remember this story?

>> No.7501178

>>7501088
WHO THINKS THIS IS OKAY? wow, i;m not even a Lolita myself and this story just made me rage. I want to hug you. That's just not right. I hope you moved out by now. I dont get who thinks this is okay to do to someone. You should go through her closet and see how she likes her clothes being worn by other people without permission.

>> No.7501179

>>7501174
sounds similar to the story about another girl's mother giving her dress away to her cousin.

>> No.7501204

>>7501178
That doesn't really make sense. A lot of girls whose mothers aren't bitches borrow their mom's clothes.

>> No.7501220

Reposting from the rant thread

Part1/2
>See a wishlist JSK and OP on auctions
>Both are the least popular cuts + colours, so I figure that's why the price is reasonable
>Both are newly listed so that explains why they haven't been snapped up yet
>Check seller feedback + item description thoroughly, decide to buy both
>I eventually get them in the mail
>Decide to do an opening post so I take photos in a well lit room with the door open
>I'm in a rush so I lay the pieces out and only take a quick snap
>Everything seems alright except for a little mark I notice on the OP
>Family arrives home as I'm finishing up my photos so I move the pieces and place them on the table in my room
>I go off to do other things but when I return to my room I notice a funny smell
>I think it's coming from the neighbours but I realise my window isn't open
>ohgod.jpeg
>I walk over to the dresses and give them a proper inspection
>The JSK has a smoky odour to it but thankfully no stains
>The OP (the one I noticed the small mark on) is the worst offender. A horrible odour of BO is being emitted from it.
>I inspect the OP more and find heaps of stains along the bottom + a rub mark in the center of the skirt portion (it was slightly hidden by a pleat.)
>My heart drops and I feel like an idiot
>I check the auction listings again, wondering where I went wrong
>The JSK was listed as 'mint' condition and the OP listing only mentioned some yellowing around the collar which I was already aware off
>I feel a little better knowing that the fuck up wasn't completely mine but also angry that the sellers lied about the items
>Realize I can't do anything about it because I used an SS

cont

>> No.7501217

>>7501204
Family members wearing each others clothes is one thing (handmedowns lol). Giving away clothes to someone else totally unrelated and basically strangers is another. Kids are dirty little shits. It's almost like taking someone's clothes without permission and giving it to a homeless person.

>> No.7501221

>>7501217
Anon, anon, I know. But the post I was replying to said "you should get revenge by tryingo n your mother's clothes".

>> No.7501224

>>7501220
>rub mark
...what does this mean exactly? I feel like it's gonna be something gross

>> No.7501226

>>7501220
Part 2/2

The Solution:
>I set to work on the OP. I cover it in stain remover and chuck it in the tub
>Water instantly turns brown and the stains start to fade after 10mins
>Eventually take it out to inspect it, only 3 faint marks remain
>It eventually gets 3 tub socks
>Only 3 faint spots (size of a pen dot) are left
>JSK is still being aired out but will get the same soak treatment
>Now feeling slightly better about the whole situation
>My SS introduces a checking service 2 days later. Just my luck.

But honestly, I let my excitement get the better of me and I really should have been bit more critical of my purchases. Luckily it didn't end too badly.
And as a heads up be careful when buying from Nekomusume ~ Nyanko ~ 's and xghjb341.
Neither had neg feedback but they weren't truthful about the condition of the items.

tl;dr get damaged items in mail, manage to kind of solve the problem but pissed off that sellers lied

>> No.7501225

>>7501173
Purple. Yeah, she's pretty shitty sometimes. Not always, but at least I have my own place now, so I just see her during holidays or the occasional weekend visit. She just thinks everything is her business and gets offended if she's wrong. She calls a lot. Once she went through my closet (last year?) and found something for my boyfriends eyes only. It was awkward.

>> No.7501228

>>7501221
My apologies, rereading it I get what you were trying to say now. I personally interpreted that other anons statement as "others" being other people, but now I see it could have meant "steal you mothers clothes and wear it."

>> No.7501231

>>7501224
OP probably means crocking (where dye transfers from a dark area to a light area due to non-colourfast fabric rubbing together). But I'm not sure.

>> No.7501248

>>7501228
...ohhhh. That's probably what they actually meant now that I think about it haha

>> No.7501250

>>7501224
Ahah, I can see how you could get that impression.
Excuse my poor explanation but it was like a friction burn. I think the original owner had tried to scrub a stain off in that area but used too much force. It's not overly visible, but if you look at it closely the spot is a slightly lighter color than the rest of the fabric and it feels very rough.

>>7501231
I didn't know that that was what the colour transfer was called! Interesting.
There was some crocking around the collar and sleeve area though but it wasn't very visible. Plus I kind of expected it to happen on a black and ivory piece.

>> No.7501552

>>7501225
I feel you anon. My mom isn't that bad but my grandmom definitely is. Got fantastic revenge on her though right before I moved out.

>grandmom is seriously nosy
>always insists on helping with cleaning so she can snoop around
>likes to just show up and start cleaning when you're not there
>desperately wants to get into my room and poke around
>mom finally breaks down and lets her at it
>mom "forgets" to mention to grandmom that I have started a new job as an adult catalog rep
>grandmom digging away in closet
>the huge mysterious monogrammed black duffel bag is too much for her to resist
>drags it into middle of room and dumps it over
>i am told it took her a full minute to process what she was looking at before she started screaming
>never tried to go in my room again

>> No.7501577

>>7501552
Oh my god, that is pretty goddamn glorious.

>> No.7501616

>>7501088
lmfao, that bitch doesn't ask the school for more funding for that shit but dares be a charity to her own workplace.

>> No.7501621

OT because it's not related to lolita but my mom used to wear my clothes all the time. Not like trousers or blouses, but underclothes she plucked from the wash and had 'mistaken' for her own. She started doing this after she'd lost a bit of weight and went down a size. She was still significantly bigger than me (80/65/90 vs. 95/85/100 or something) so after a mysterious absence the clothes would come back damaged. I asked her about this but she'd either deny that they were damaged, or if the damage was too obvious, deny that she wore them.
I was already in the process of moving out when I started noticing it was also happening to my panties. When I was packing I just dumped all the damaged, old and unflattering ones in the wash and bought cute new ones to replace them. Have fun, mom.

>> No.7503094

>Last year
>Lolita erryday
>OTT after meet
>In park
>See sobbing girl on a park bench, must be fivish?
>My weak heart
>Go over to her, ask if she's okay
>She's lost, can't find your mom
>Tell her I can help her out, she stops crying and we go searching for her
>~half hour later
>I see mommy!
>Points to some grubby looking woman practically passed out drunk across the street
>she sees us
>WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!
>I-I was just helping to find you for her...
>ARE YOU FUCKING TRYING TO LURE MY LITTLE GIRL AND KIDNAP HER WITH YOUR LITTLE PRINCESS DRESS?!
>N-no...
>Now I'm really worried about the little girl, who told me her name was Emma.
>Pull my phone out of my purse, maybe I can call the police or something
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, CALLING THE OTHER PEDOPHILES
>She fucking runs at me, pushing her daughter out of her way
>tackles me
>Nobody around
>mfw
>Starts punching me over and over, Emma sobbing again
>I don't know how long this was, but finally someone sees and calls the police
>I get rushed off to the hospital, luckily only a broken nose and some nasty cuts and bruises.
Apparently she is in jail now, not sure where Emma is. I pray she's okay now.
TLDR help a lost kid find her mom who is a drunk psycho that attacks me

>> No.7503117

>>7503094

What happened to your dress? Was it brand?

>> No.7503123

>>7503094
Sadly, this is something I've seen happen. Not with a lolita, but parents being shits and when someone is just trying to be a good person and help their kid find them they turn into monsters. Nobody is allowed to be a good Samaritan anymore.

>> No.7503165

>>7503094
She shouldn't have attacked you or left her kid alone to get drunk, but if a lolita was around my kid and I wasn't familiar with it I'd be pissed too. There are pedos out there who dress like children to lure them away.