[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 11 KB, 180x180, 1396224898894.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7465020 No.7465020 [Reply] [Original]

Last thread's in autosage
>>7404474

>What are your cosplay plans?
>How's your progress coming?
>Are you staying at a hotel? Which?
>What panels/events are you most excited for?
>How do you feel about the guests so far?
>What is the flavour-of-the-year for cosplay this year?

>> No.7465029

Flavour of the year cosplay will definitely be Attack on Titan. The dub's coming soon, which could introduce even more fans. Then you've got the manga still going and a few more arcs to adapt to the anime, so it's gonna stick around.

>> No.7465066

>>7465020
>>7465029
Guilty of being an aot cosplayer but I spent over 100$ on that and haven't worn it to a con once.

Anyone else staying at the Hamilton know what times the free TCC shuttle is running?

>> No.7465086
File: 35 KB, 320x609, me_Jan19_2014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Super Sonico

99% done! Just waiting for last minute things

uh, the Days Hotel I think. (I dunno, my friend booked it for us) I haven't been in a hotel for AN in about 5-6 years. Thought it'd be nice to do that for a change.

Won't know until the panels list pops up.

Eh, haven't cared about guests in forever.

From what I've seen on tumblr in the AN tag: Attack on Titan, Kill La Kill, and Homsuk.

>> No.7465100

>>7465029
Over Kill La Kill?

That said, the KLK cosplays on the facebook page haven't been that good so far. Except for that one Aikuro, in which case he looks kind of odd.

>> No.7465126
File: 91 KB, 714x505, 1396227263763.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7465066
>hamilton
wat

as for the shuttle, dont get too excited. its a school bus, usually filled with loud weebs. it runs during convention hours.

>> No.7465144
File: 623 KB, 568x598, 1396227788465.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Changed today to Yukko Aioi, Leona, and Nowi
Pic related
Rad
I might check out the lolita teaparty this year, though I feel like I'll get a whole bunch of shit for wearing a replica
I don't really care.
League, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan

>> No.7465145

Magi and perhaps FE:A. Planned it for FE, but if I have the time to finish maybe a test run at AN.

Supplies are all bought and small things are finished, it just comes down to having a chance to work.

Don't remember, a friend booked it. I do know it's a bit far, but we're bringing two cars so it's all good. First time staying at a hotel!

Out of what's released, the KPOP kigu dance~ I don't have a kigu but this is a good chance to use up all my leftover fleece haha.

Never cared about AN guests, they're usually shit save for 2 or 3 big names

Attack on Titan, Homestuck, League of Legends and maybe Free? I've seen a shitload of genderbends on people's plans all over social media. I'm expecting a lot of Kuriyama Mirais too.

>> No.7465167

>>7465086
what outfit for super sonico?

>> No.7465183
File: 12 KB, 356x372, 1327802153901.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Get excited AA sellers

super extreme anime wrestling just got announced to return

>> No.7465198

>>7465144
Nah mate, might just be me, but I don't think people would care too much ...and even if they did, I doubt they'd dare start shit actually face to face when they don't have the benefit of being anon?
I'm only going for the first time this year myself too, but I'd say just find some people you know to stick with and it'll probably be pretty chill

>> No.7465219

>>7465198
Say...

Where is the tea party going to be at, again?

>> No.7465223

>>7465219
Unless plans have changed, I`m pretty sure it`s at Orchid, why?

>> No.7465232

>>7465183
>Tylenol extra strength sales rise

>> No.7465243
File: 64 KB, 400x600, o0400060012287392613-noscale.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7465167
The Tiger Hoodie one (see pic). I'm not comfortable enough to do any of the others, haha.

>>7465183
>>7465232
Fuck my life.
Three years ago my voice was gone a couple days before the con and it was EXTREMELY hard to talk to customers when that was going on on top of my hoarse voice.

>> No.7465271

>>7465183
Does ANYONE actually enjoy that thing?

>> No.7465318

>>7465183
I hope they keep it away from the AA like they did last year, that would be nice.

>> No.7465328

Monster Hunter if I can manage or else I'm going to cheese something out. That or I'll just wear lolita or yukata or else I don't have much other chance to wear stuff like that.
OTL First time making armor, it's... we'll see. Not looking good right now.
Not at moment. I figured if the drive there and back is the same length as I do every day for work, it's manageable so why not.
BJD stuff despite falling out of that hobby and I've done nothing for it yet.
Didn't pay attention. Next.
Attack on Titain and Kill la Kill, isn't it pretty clear already?

>>7465144
> I feel like I'll get a whole bunch of shit for wearing a replica
The comm for the most part is very understanding that people have budgets and things to do outside of lolita and things to pay for. As long as you act like a sane person and don't pick random fights, there's really no reason for anyone to hate on you over a replica.

>> No.7465342

>K-pop Kigurumi Dance

Just read about this, sounds cute. Same dj as the one who does the monthly kpop dances dt iirc.

>No kigurumi = No entrance
Once again cute idea but idt they should limit attendees like that. I have a kigu but none of my friends do.

> The Female Competition song will be Cha Cha by Rainbow Blaxxx and the male song will be You Know Me by TASTY.
These are...such random choices. General con-goers and non-hardcore kpop fans probably have never heard of these songs/groups before.

>> No.7465360

Something from KLK? Still working that out
Terrible, need to make it through finals before I can do anything cosplay related.
Booked late but managed the Marriott
The nomi and the panels I hope to be on (if fingers ever gets around to approving them)
Nobody really interesting to me, but I don't go for the guests
Mainly kill la kill, second up would be attack on titan. Probably a lot of homestuckers again too.

>> No.7465364

>kpop kigurumi dance
Is anyone else having visions of people just passing out overheated like 5 mins in? I don't have one, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd think those things would be awfully warm, especially in an environment with lots of people, body heat and dancing?

>> No.7465405

>>7465364
I thought about this too. I have a kigu from japan and it's really nice and warm so I think I'll die if I go in it. I know they make lighter fabric kigus for summer and short sleeve variations though. I'm still going to stay away from stinky kigus by the end of friday night.

>> No.7465423

Right now it's Lux, Battle Bunny Riven and Tiki from FE:A
Lux is finished! BBR is in urgent rush to get done for PAX and nothing for Tiki so far
Rad
not sure at all.
I've never really cared for the guest ever.
KLK, KNK, League, Free, AoT...I really hope homestuck dies down this year.

>> No.7465458

Why is everyone expecting KLK to be as big as SnK? Most of the cast is pretty difficult for the majority of AN goers, I'm just expecting as many Ryukos, Makos and Mikisugis as there were Yokos and Kaminas back when TTGL was big (which was a decent amount, but not overwhelming like the other flavors-of-the-year).

>> No.7465491

i have a question about cons in general and since i'm in toronto i'll ask in here.

do artist alleys allow game developers to have tables? or is it art only? i think i've seen people doing this but they may have been with artists as well. would it be possible to get a table to promote your own indie games?

>> No.7465496

>>7465491
Sounds like something you'd only be able to do at Fan Expo or any comic-related con. I've seen tons of people there promote things like indie games, comics and books but nothing like that at AN. Besides, I don't think there's the right audience at AN; most con-goers there aren't that interested in original work unless it's heavily pop-culture/anime/comic influenced.

>> No.7465502

>>7465496
yea you're right, i was on google looking up some stuff and it seems people do this but theres always the issue of having no power for monitors/devices.

>> No.7465510

>>7465491
Depends. I think VN may have it easier to 'fit' into AA since it's like an interactive manga of sorts. If it's another play style, they might try to slot you under corporate/promotional booth because most of the time, they're more put-together and the con would be charging more bang for their buck for the space if they can convince you of that. AN specifically is really awkward because in terms of descriptions what fit into either of those categories, you wouldn't qualify. Most other cons are more embracing to various mediums and not have that awkward split and you might be able to get away with it. I've only seen games having tables at Fanex under their small press area (it's their way of Artist Alley). Hope that helps.

>> No.7465536

> junko enoshima, super sonico, kuro usagi, possibly robin from OP
> got 3/4 costumes complete
> staying at 4 seasons sheraton, they have a nice pool. gun be good
> mainly excited to see all the cosplays, especially the hordes of SNK cosplays.
>i also cant wait for the snk yaoi...guilty pleasure
>guests are same old
> i feel like KLK is gonna be big...and bad

>> No.7465542

>>7465536
>>i also cant wait for the snk yaoi...guilty pleasure
seriously?

Also, which version of Sonico?

>> No.7465543

>>7465126
Hamilton... oops I meant Hampton, my bad. I took the "shuttle" last year, I know what it's like but it's either that or 40 minutes on foot in a stripper outfit and heels at 2am.
I just wanted to know if some shuttles stopped running earlier than convention times and whether I'd be stuck at the TCC all night.

>> No.7465546

>>7465542
like i said, guilty pleasure
aaaand blue nurse outfit

>> No.7465555

Whatever I wore last year, but I am making a whole bunch of improvements. Really don't have time for more than that unfortunately.
I'll let you know when exams are over. Hopefully I can do all the things I need.
International Plaza. Pretty excited!
I'm planning on going to the lolita tea party. Also looking forward to the fashion swap. Not sure about what else will be going on but I'll look into it as the date looms closer.
It could be cool to meet the voice of Bob the Guardian. Kinda meh on everyone else right now.
Maybe a bit of Homestuck, some Kill la Kill...
...and SnK, SnK, SnK...
I expect to see a lot of crappy genderbends and variants. Just looked in the tumblr tag the other day to see someone talking about how they're making a flower crown to cosplay "hipster Christa." uuurgh.

>> No.7465560

>>7465458
The Kill la Kill facebook group has what... over 70 members now? Although Snk is still easily double the amount.

>> No.7465567

>>7465555
What did you wear last year?

>> No.7465591

>>7465567
Makise Kurisu and Holo. They were my first costumes plus I worked a crazy amount three weeks before the convention last year. Not the best for working on cosplay, so I hope I can make up for whatever I half assed this time.

It's OK though since I truly love the characters and I can work on something new during the summer when I actually have the time.

>> No.7465605

cgl meetup?

>> No.7465614

Mikasa, Junketsu tansformation Satsuki with Bakuzan, not sure what for Sunday. The number of kill la kill outfits is cray
MSomewhere around 70%?
Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport
Kill la Kill photoshoot and the Daizystripper concert
Ehh I don't go for the guests but Daizystripper
SNK, Free!, Kill la Kill might be big but not that big

>> No.7465618

>>7465605
Well apparently there's some bukkake/orgy happening.

>> No.7465622

>>7465618
who are they bukkaking?

>> No.7465632

>>7465560
I have to say though, facebook groups and cosplay threads aren't at all an accurate way to gauge cosplayers. Not everyone in the group will cosplay from the series and not everyone who's cosplaying is a group. 20 000+ people go to AN and there are less than half of that in the official AN group.

I'm not aiming this at your post, but I hate seeing group admins prepare for exactly how many people are in the group and are very strict on "RSVP-ing" your character.

>> No.7465659
File: 105 KB, 550x718, an.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

which one of you fuckers did this

>> No.7465664

>>7465659
No idea, but it's beautiful.

>> No.7465978
File: 4 KB, 203x221, 1357323351890.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7465659
That's some 10/10 comedy gold right there

I'm gonna send this guy a friend request

>> No.7466033
File: 36 KB, 400x303, iaintevenmad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

- Misaka 10032, Ageha Chouno, and Sugar
-Haven't started, exams and papers until late April, but I do have my wigs and worbla ready to go.
-Double Tree from Thursday to Monday
-Not exactly excited, but it'll definitely be overwhelming and packed in the AoT panels, there are dividing it between the anime and the manga.
-I like Hidekatsu Shibata, might get his autograph.
-Frozen, AoT, Homestuck, Dangan Ronpa

>> No.7466062

>>7465659
god I fucking hate anime con facebook groups
I was in the colossalcon group last year and some girl asked if piercings and tattoos made cosplays less accurate. One hundred snowflakes descended to talk all about how you needed to "be yourself" and anyone who didn't like it was a jealous hater. I'm glad at least a couple of people have a sense of humor

>> No.7466546
File: 46 KB, 497x822, OldCloudIsTheBest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Old Cloud just posted his Gamagori progress.

Bless this man, he makes me so happy

>> No.7466581

>>7465342
Mfw I'm not even into k-pop but friends have sent me these songs....
What exactly is this kigurumi thing? My friend wanted to go but I don't think I'll even have a way to bring mine with the rest of my cosplay taking up so much space.

>> No.7466664

>>7466546
This guy. He's like AN's mascot

>> No.7466688

>>7466581
I'm just surprised, they aren't even songs that reached #1 on the charts (at least I'm pretty sure they didn't...).

From what I understand it's a kpop dance where everyone has to wear their kigus in order to get it. Yah mines kind of bulky but if you really wanted you could just throw it in a plastic bag/backpack (don't pack it in your suitcase).

>> No.7466748

Good thing they have no speed dating this year

>> No.7466756

>>7466748
Hmm I was actually kind of looking forward to trolling that. I remember last year a bunch of people ditched at the last second and they were yelling around in the halls trying to find a bunch of girls (of course) to replace the ones that were missing.

>> No.7466761

>>7466756
I still remember sneaking into the "how to get a con boyfriend/girlfriend"/
Fun times. Every single person asking a question prefaced it by saying they had a boyfriend/girlfriend.

>> No.7466822

>>7466688
It's pretty lulzy how many people are whining that it's unfair that there is a dress code and not everyone can afford a kigu or knows what a kigu is... wahhhhh.

Because, like, no other events in the history of AN have ever had a dress code. Nope. Not even the Moonlight Ball.

>> No.7466835

>>7465491
They have other promotional tables where schools, other cons and such organize. It might fit there?

>> No.7466930

>>7466822
Someone needs to let them know that you can get cheap kigus on ebay for like $15 if they are that interested in going. I've seen some ppl complain about not being able to fit in them (too tall/too chubs) - time to learn how to sew then imo

>> No.7466951

>>7466930
You can buy them at giant tiger and urban behavior for under $20 or even make them yourself. There is no reason to complain.

>> No.7467069

>>7466822
They're falling into the geek fallacy that every event must be open to every person under all circumstances, otherwise it's discrimination just like Nazi Germany.

>> No.7467111

>>7466951
but what about the fatties and the giants?

>> No.7467126

>>7466664
him and Fat Thor

>> No.7467140

>>7467069
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE UNCHECKED PRIVILEGE.
YOU ARE ORDERED TO ATTEND TRANSPHOBIA IN GAMING 2014

>> No.7467298

>>7466930
How can they possibly be too chubby to fit into a kigu?

I'm a fattie (in b4 lose weight) and I can fit comfortably into a kigurumi. They're made huge.

And learn to sew? You're kidding, right? They'd be like "people actually make their own costumes and don't just buy them from some random ebay store?".

>> No.7467305

>>7467140
It's a shame that panel is always full of tumblr shit and the depth of their knowledge on actual anime would probably be like Black Butler or something. Trans characters in anime/gaming could actually be an interesting panel topic. Tumblr kids ruin everything.

>> No.7467377

>>7467298
Why DON'T you lose weight?

>> No.7467384

>>7467140
>>7467305

W-Wait... this is actually a real panel? Goddamn, might as well just cut to the chase and label it Tumblr SJW Meet Up

>> No.7467386

>>7467384
http://teahousemaplemoon.proboards.com/thread/849/transphobia-anime-gaming
Sure is

>> No.7467391 [DELETED] 

>>7465605
So, are we actually having one? I'm actually kind of curious.

>> No.7467393

>>7465605
So, are we actually having one? I have to admit I'm curious to see who all these anons are.

>> No.7467482

>>7467298
I'm not sure? They are the ones complaining about it, not me.

There are kigu tutorials for a reason.

>> No.7467591
File: 50 KB, 640x717, 1390688784810.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467386

>> No.7467603

>Cosplay plans? Kill La Kill
>How's your progress coming? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>Are you staying at a hotel? Sure am! Which? Sheraton.
>What panels/events are you most excited for? Always pumped for totally Lame anime after dark. Got a meet up and a photoshoot to go to as well.
>How do you feel about the guests so far? Who? ... Oh... yeah them... meh.
>What is the flavour-of-the-year for cosplay this year? ATTACK ON TITAN oh God I'm kinda dreading that.

>> No.7467609

>>7467393
yeah mate we always end up having at least one if not several. We'll figure out shit later one once we know people's availability due to photoshoots and panel hostings and whatnot

>> No.7467625

>>7467384
I know an actual trans girl who went to the panel last year, and she told me it was pretty much that. As in, less than 10% of the conversation actually had to do with anime or gaming.

>> No.7467637
File: 24 KB, 388x298, 1325992730317.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7466546
>what about the bamboo sword tho?
MFW

>> No.7467642

>>7467640
That's why I was talking to people there, and snuck in.

>> No.7467640

>>7466761
I was gonna go to that one year just for the sake of asking a bunch of troll questions, but when we got there the line up was insane.

>> No.7467682
File: 840 KB, 1770x972, BOKU.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You guise seein' this shit?Not to mention the subsequent shit storm.

>> No.7467685
File: 26 KB, 491x138, 1396319687714.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467682

>> No.7467686

>>7467625
deets?

>> No.7467687

>>7467682
holy shit you could closet cosplay Pico and be accurate and he picks that dress?

>> No.7467692
File: 6 KB, 411x69, BOKUUUUUU.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467685
>Cosplaying CP

>> No.7467696

>>7467692
Fucking beautiful

>> No.7467698

>>7467682
>>7467685
>>7467692
I DEMAND THE FEDS GET INVOLVED

>> No.7467700

>>7467692
huh. Is it literally illegal? tmyk.gif
sides havingr a nice flight over "baww u SEXIST BIGOTS"

>> No.7467709

>>7467700
YUP. Under Canadian law even fictional depictions of children in sexual conduct is illegal, Manga anime drawings doesn't matter. Shit's illegal son.

>> No.7467723

>>7467687
It's not like many people will recognize him as anything beyond "blond guy wearing a dress".

>> No.7467729

>>7467709
I'm thinking mainly of tumblr where it's basically a free-for-all of the nastiest shit tens of thousands of teenage girls can come up with. It's not like it's difficult to come across at all, even considering "child" here is <14 afaik.

>> No.7467736
File: 274 KB, 475x594, Untitled-4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

but wait, there is more

>> No.7467742
File: 6 KB, 492x46, gjbud.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467736

>> No.7467744 [DELETED] 
File: 101 KB, 402x437, 1295918023249.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467736
Are there no pink shirts or jean shorts where he lives?

>> No.7467770
File: 22 KB, 396x97, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467687
well I got my answer

>> No.7467772

>>7467742
who to avoid at an anime con.

I get cosplaying from a porn as long as the outfits are reasonable for the con. Drawn child porn crossdressing is pushing the limits though. He is obviously not cosplaying it because he thought the meme was cute.

also ilu voldie, you tell it like it is

>> No.7467773

>>7467770
This guy is a great troll

>> No.7467776

>>7467736
>>7467742
>>7467770
yoooooooooo

>> No.7467777

>>7467772
his coworkers and friends keep jumping in to say things like "I think you should just be urself!!! good for you!"

god I want to do something mean to him.

>> No.7467786

>>7467777
Call the FBI o him?

>> No.7467791

>>7467736
Anything good in those deleted posts?

>> No.7467808

>>7467791
see >>7467682 >>7467685

>> No.7467833

>>7467808
I meant in his new thread. >>7467736

>> No.7467878

>>7467786
>FBI
>Canada

>> No.7468013

Can someone tell me what the /cgl/ meetup was like last year?

>> No.7468117

>>7467736
look at me guiz! Im seeeew edgey 4 cosplaying from dis illegal anime!!11!

I hate that everyone in the group is defending this too. I totally agree with >>7467772. You're making a fool out of yourself and promoting the show in a public space to get a few laughs? AN has its share of child attendees, I just think it's bad taste to do this kind of this there.

And it was a popular meme years ago jfc. Bringing it up is like bringing up the game or some shit like that.

>> No.7468134
File: 10 KB, 489x86, shut up pls.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467777
His "friend's" comments especially. If you're trying to pick a fight with Voldie, you obviously don't respect everyone's choices and are just trying to justify this Boku no trainwreck of a cosplay.
I hate how tumblr has taught everyone to be entitled babies that can't take any criticism.

>> No.7468135

>>7468117
Been to /a/ lately?

Suggesting this anime to people who ask for recs is still a popular thing.

>> No.7468366

>>7465183
I hope in the future they don't bring it. It annoys more people then entertain

>> No.7468368

>>7465342
>>No kigurumi = No entrance
>Once again cute idea but idt they should limit attendees like that. I have a kigu but none of my friends do.

So many ppl own kigus nowadays just buy one on eBay for like 30$

They even have kigus in the fashion show this year

>> No.7468373

>>7465364
You realize you can pull up your sleeves and pant portion and people can tie it around their waist, the top portion. Plus their are summer version not everyone is made of fleece

>> No.7468380

>>7466822
Don't forget the Lolita tea party. They had enough of the cat ears and made it Lolita only.

>> No.7468673

>>7468134
Why is Voldie being such an asshole?
If you don't like what he's doing, just let him fail miserably. There's plenty of people who attend AN and don't take cosplay as seriously as us. Just because you take cosplay seriously, doesn't mean you have to force everybody else to.

I'm surprised she hasn't deleted her comments. I feel embarrassed for her

>> No.7468705

>>7468673
Do you know what boku no pico is?

>> No.7468709

>>7465342
why is there even Kpop at an anime con?

>> No.7468736
File: 187 KB, 557x313, Facepalm11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467736
fuck this is giving me really bad second hand embarrassment. someone please push this guy down the hill onto the highway.

>> No.7468846

>>7468705
Yeah, it's a shorta anime that literally nobody will recognize him from. Just let him have fun looking like an idiot. Pointing out that he's going to look like an idiot just targets yourself as an asshole.

>> No.7469049

People need to settle down about this guy. Most people will have no clue who he is supposed to be, since he's not cosplaying any outfit that the character wears in the anime and, for the most part, people don't remember details from the porn they watch. Most people won't recognize any hentai outside of Bible Black. To most attendees, he'll be a blond guy in a dress.

He won't be the first or last person to cosplay a tasteless outdated meme at this con, or to cosplay from a hentai.

This could all be an April Fool's joke, too.

>> No.7469747

Is there a bag check at anime north? Hotel checkout is at 12 on Sunday, and I need somewhere to keep my stuff for the rest of the con.

>> No.7469926

>>7468673
>I feel embarrassed for her.
Why? For trying to talk some sense into the guy? Because a whole horde of morons jumped on her for daring to suggest that maybe posting on facebook dressed up as a character from child porn isn't the brightest idea?

>> No.7469929

>>7469926
>child porn
>implying

>> No.7469934

>>7469926
except it's not a child porn..? it's animu

>> No.7469935

>>7469929
under barren north country law, we went over this.

>> No.7469938

>>7469934
According to Canadian law, it is child porn.

>> No.7469941

>>7469935
Oh sorry about that, I live in a civilized country where I can look at my stick figure porn in peace even if one of them says they're 12.

>> No.7469952
File: 48 KB, 342x300, mounties.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7469941
Sir, we're gonna have to take you in

>> No.7469956

>>7469952
>tfw I smuggled yuri loli guro hentai mangas into Canada when I lived there for a few months 2 years ago.
you'll never catch me, mounties!

>> No.7469961

>>7468373
>not everyone is made of fleece
I for one am made of only the finest quality skin

>> No.7469969

>>7469747
The hotels offer bag checks.

>> No.7469981

>>7469961
I'm 60% imported skin blend, 32% bone 6% Ben & Jerry's and 2% Lycra

>> No.7469988

>>7469969
Are these legit bag checks? I remember the Doubletree a few years ago, their idea of "bagcheck" just looked like everyone leaving their luggage out in the open under the main stairway.

>> No.7470001

>>7469988
I've never stayed at the double tree but just about any hotel offers some form of legit bag check for guests. If you're worried you can try phoning the hotel you're staying at and asking if bag check is available.

>> No.7470489

A couple of friends of mine are doing a taobao order for the first time (not for cosplay, for clothes), so they don't really know the timeline, but would things ordered next week/spreadsheet sent to an agent come in time for AN?
I want to sneak in a wig and a few things if so, if not, I'll just go ahead and get them on ebay.

>> No.7470503

>>7470489
Probably better off asking in the Taobao thread but depending on how long the shop takes to send out your stuff, a 3week worst case scenario EMS shipping and how long your SS takes, eBay might be the better choice because you need time to cut/style your wig too and whatever

>> No.7470620

>>7470489
Depends on what you order but since ur close to the date on AN you're cutting it too close IMO

>> No.7470779

>>7470489
Taobao shops ship things quite fast. It shouldn't take them more than 2 days to ship things unless they are custom made, and it takes around 1-3 days to arrive to the SS. If you send the spread sheet next week, by the weekend the SS would probably receive everything if you stop ordering other things meanwhile.

For me, SAL takes between 3 weeks to a month, EMS 10 days (I live in Montreal).

>> No.7474207

Edea from Bravely Default, making Ringabel for my bf. Defaults/freelancer first, simpler alts if there's time left.
Eh he he... Ringabel's wig is about 3/4 done (just need to finish the big curls, the smaller ones and back of the wig are done), extra wefts are sewn into Edea's.
Whichever one has suites with a kitchenette and two bedrooms. My friend booked it, idr the name.
Haven't looked yet, I usually decide about a week before the con.
Nothing too exciting yet.
SnK, Kill la Kill. I expect to see many people buying black seifukus from cheap eBay sellers and horribly modifying them. Or plain light blue ones and unstyled wigs as Mako.

>> No.7474972

>>7470489
If they aren't custom made you should be fine. I'm still waiting on my order to ship on custom stuff.

>> No.7475229

>>7465659
>goggles with biohazard symbol
10/10, I actually laughed.

>> No.7475504

Remember sweaty yelling guy?

>> No.7475546
File: 7 KB, 160x380, haters gonna hate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7475504
I took a crowd shot from my hotel window a few years ago and immediately picked him out.

>> No.7475571

>>7475546
Since 2009, I've always wondered about him...

He's a volunteer, right?
Like, what anime does he like? Why is he doing this? What does he do when he's not working?

>> No.7475581

Are there any regular creeps or characters at AN to look out for?

>> No.7475592
File: 2.97 MB, 2592x1944, IMG_6310.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7475581
Tom Savage.

>> No.7475646

>>7475592
lol who took this?

>> No.7475673
File: 2.81 MB, 2592x1944, IMG_6315.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7475646
Me.
>relaxing under trees with a friend
>look to my right past some tall grass
>a wild Tom Savage appears

I honestly could tell it was him without having a clear view of his face just because of a) the giant pot belly b) what kind of shoot he was doing and c) I swear to god he only owns three t-shirts. He was also shooting a Thief Rikku grabbing the Tifa's boobs.

>> No.7475764

>>7475546
>standing in line for registration one year
>sweaty yelling guy comes along, shockingly enough, yelling and swinging his arms back and forth
>he's telling people to separate into two separate lines on either side of him
>he gets up to wear me and my friends are standing
>as he goes past us his sweaty fucking arm touches one of mine.
>Jesus Fucking Christ
>for the rest if the day I could feel the spot he touched me until I washed my arm. It was gross.

>> No.7475768

>>7475764
*Where me and my friends are damnit.

>> No.7475843

>>7475546
I've seen him at Fan Expo too. Never looks happy just always yelling.

>> No.7476111
File: 206 KB, 887x901, 1396648462512.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7475581
Behold Mykan!

Wouldn't you know that Canada has its own Chris-chan?

https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Dakari-King_Mykan

I wanna see someone else cosplay him. His reaction could be priceless.

>> No.7476231
File: 803 KB, 1169x3731, 1359488474393.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7475592

No Toronto thread is complete without this.

>> No.7476286

>>7476111
how about cosplaying him but with better materials and props?

>> No.7476296 [DELETED] 

...what if someone cosplayed Tom Savage?

>> No.7476533

Hitagi Senjougahara, Nonon Jakuzure (her first school uniform), and Naoto Shirogane. I'll be with my boyfriend who will be cosplaying Koyomi Araragi, Inumuta Houka, and Yu Narukami.

Both the uniforms for Araragi and Hitagi are finished. I'm about halfway finished Nonon and Inumuta. Haven't started the Persona 4 uniforms yet.

We haven't booked anything yet, which is kind of leaving it late, but we hadn't planned to stay at anything that close to the convention anyways as we'll have a ride available.

I honestly don't really bother going to panels, I only went to one last year- a JoJo one on Saturday. I'm more interested in getting good deals for figures and manga. I'll still be going to the KLK meet since I'm interesting in seeing how many of the AN group's members actually commit to their plans and also to see the finished products of a few whose progress I liked.

I haven't even bothered to check since AN's guest list is generally disappointing.

KLK, Frozen, Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, Super Sonico, and a continuing of Fairy Tail and Sword Art Online.

>> No.7476677

Do those girls in latex masks keep them on during sex? It's always been a dream of mine to have sex with a girl wearing one.

>> No.7479041

>>7476677
Lewd.

>> No.7479501
File: 253 KB, 500x331, 1396798185947.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Got my media badges approved!

In other news, I'm now selling a weekend pass if anybody needs one

>> No.7479530

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, possibly Dead Master from Black Rock Shooter
Halfway done Elizabeth, nowhere with Dead Master
Crowne Plaza Hotel since the Doubletree was impossible this year
Moonlight Ball and if I can enter, the Saturday Night Masquerade
Meh, I never go for the guests
Homestuck still, Attack on Titan

>> No.7479981

>>7475592
>>7475673
>dat focus on the grass

>> No.7480666

So, let's discuss why this con is only good if you have a lot of friends, and why the location is so shit tier for photos.

>> No.7480713

>>7480666
Yeah, does anybody have any good recommendations for photoshoot locations?

Last year a public Facebook album was posted somebody had made who made an early trip to the con area and walked all around it taking pictures of potentially good photoshoot locations and documenting where they were. Anyone happen to have saved the album?

>> No.7480725

>>7480666
Actually, I went to the con with 2 people, ended up making 3 at the con and another good bunch indirectly. It's a pretty awesome place for making friends that share the same interests as you.
>>7480713
Parking lot, parking lot, parking lot over on the left, that other parking lot. That's about it. Maybe a brick wall or two.

>> No.7480770

>>7480713
I'd like this album too, or any recommendations you guys have. I hate this location.

The grass with the reeds is not a suggestion.

>> No.7480821

>>7480666
Because people are too lazy to leave the TCC and IP area.

There are good locations if you journey beyond where the big crowd is.

>> No.7481495

>>7479501
Hey, I'd buy it! I need one. How can I get in touch with you?

>> No.7481559

>>7481495
As soon as I told my friends about it, somebody reserved it already. Sorry!

>>7480770
I'm using the best of my google-fu to look for it, but I'm having no luck

>> No.7481768

Semi-related; does anyone know where in Toronto to buy a couple of those styrofoam wig heads for styling? I checked Malabar, but they've been sold out for ages and aren't getting any in soon.
I know they're only a couple bucks on ebay, but I really don't want to wait on shipping from China or Hong Kong if I can just walk into a store and pick one up in the next couple days

>> No.7481776

>>7481768
I've hoarded a bunch since post-Halloween sales at Value Villages. I have a couple of extras left anon, if you're in the Toronto area I could give one to you?

>> No.7481912

>>7481776
Haha, that's what the girl at Malabar told me to do too, but I knew I'd be just a smidge too far off-season to find them anymore. I'd happily buy one or two off you, though, thanks! I can meet anywhere ttc-accessible, email's in the field

>> No.7481939

>>7481912
Yeah sadly you'd be way off season. It's a good tip for anyone really to go Nov 1 to Value Village and just stock up on cosplay materials such as Styrofoam heads. They all instantly get marked down 50%.

Sent you an email.

>> No.7482138

i swear this con gets worse every year

>> No.7482220

Some hair and wig supply stores have wigs. I'm in Ottawa, which is much smaller than Toronto, and I can always find those Styrofoam heads at an African hair place Downtown at any time of the year.

>> No.7482221

>>7482138
I blame the declining intelligence of the average anime fan and the huge number of casual non-anime people taking over.

>> No.7482224

>>7482221
those fucking normalfags who don't even watch anime i swear kick them out

>> No.7482253

>>7482221
>>7482224
Normal fags and western comic fans are ruining a lot of east coast cons in the US too.
>keep in mind western comic fags can apply to homestuck

>> No.7482369

>>7482253
EXACTLY
I know people who'll avoid entire conventions now just because of all the homostucks

>> No.7482373

>>7482220
ones they'll actually let you buy/not just for display? huh, good to know.

>> No.7482378

>>7482369
>Dante Basco attended a local con last summer
>really was willing to wait however long to meet him
>grew up with Hook
>loves ATLA
>mfw no chance at all because the con was swamped with homestuck everywhere

They basically made the panel about homestuck and only homestuck and I just...

Polite sage because not related to Anime North.

>> No.7482432

>>7482378
Oddly, the Homestucks at his Con-G panel were pretty quiet about it. I only remember there being one HS question and it was at the very end; sure everyone (including him) let loose and started fangirling about HS, but I was surprised it wasn't an hour of Homestuck questions with the amount of cosplayers (it was actually 60% redundant ATLA questions).

>> No.7482477

>>7481768
There's a theatrical supply store near Yonge and... Irwin, I believe. Closest station is Wellesley, it'd be a short walk up from there (or a short walk down from Bloor).

I remember seeing a box full of styrofoam heads for sale there, so you could try there. If not, I think Chinatown's got some stores that sell some cheap ones too.

>> No.7482545

Can anyone recommend fabric stores in Toronto? Planning to go either tomorrow or wednesday but I only know of King Textiles.

>> No.7482577

>>7482545
There are a ton in that stretch of Queen West between Spadina (where King Textiles is located) and Bathurst. Designer Fabric at Queen West and Brock is also good; they have a small bin of cheap but nice silks and a ton of marked-down upholstery fabrics that might work, depending on what you need.

FabricTown is another good spot, although they're not very central: locations at Danforth / Main, Dundas Est & Dixie in Mississauga & Lawrence & Midland out in Scarborough: http://fabrictown.ca/

>> No.7482589
File: 17 KB, 226x200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7467386
Persona 4 and/or Catherine better be one of the games discussed

>> No.7482595

>>7467786
>>7467772
Unless he's an actual pedo himself or being gross/flashing people just leave him be . It's just going to look like normal clothes anyway.

>> No.7482598

>>7482589
>>7467386
Do you guys know what's generally discussed on the panel?

>> No.7482609

>>7482577
Diff anon, but bless you for this

>> No.7482873

>>7482598
I didn't go, but from what I heard from a friend, it was really tumblr and sjw-biased. They didn't seem very educated on Japanese culture when it comes to trans issues (which are very different from North America's), it was just "____ company is transphobic!!! this character shows signs of being trans but the company was too transphobic to make it real!!!"

>> No.7482885

>>7482598
An actual MtF I know who went to the panel told me it was, like, 70% tumblr/SJW shit and 30% actual discussion on anime and gaming.

It's such a shame. I can think of more than enough characters in anime/gaming to talk about for an hour, but remember these are kids whose depth of knowledge in transgendered characters in anime is probably Black Butler or some shit.

>> No.7482887

Is there anything exciting you guys could suggest on Friday other than the second hand market?

>> No.7482897

>>7482873
What they don't realize is that most instances of "transgendered" characters in anime have more to do with challenging the traditional roles in Japanese society of male/female and NOTHING to do with GLBT.

Paradise Kiss, Hourou Musuko, and Tokyo Godfathers are anime with real transgendered characters, but how much you want to bet the kids of that panel have never heard of any of those titles?

>> No.7482899

>>7482577
thank you!

Now I just have to hope it doesn't rain too much

>> No.7482903

>>7482887
I would say "skit contest", but be prepared for shitty outdated memes, terrible dancing, and bad jokes.

>> No.7482946

>>7482873
>>7482885
That sounds terrible.
Man, I was pretty excited too. I was hoping for stuff more along the lines of what >>7482897 or >>7482589 mentioned. A discussion on the inclusion of Erica in Catherine would be very interesting.

>> No.7482956

>>7482873
That's really unfortunate . Makes me want to make a panel like that at my con because i can so actual research and not turn it into a sjw battle. What a missed opportunity .

>> No.7482974

>>7482873
When I heard about that panel, I knew it was going to be a shitfest.

>> No.7483023

>>7482956
You can always join this panel some year in the future and make it better.

The one that exists right now may as well be called "Edgy Spoiled Teenagers Who Want Attention: The Panel".

Another option is that we complain about it after the con to try to make the panel staff rethink whether this panel really has relevance to anime and manga and whether the people on the panel are truly qualified to run it. They won't know that people find a panel to be epic fail unless someone says something.

I kinda wanna crash the panel and challenge them with actual discussion, myself. I'd start an actual discussion on Japanese gender roles and it would no longer just be an hour of tumblr hugboxing.

>> No.7483269
File: 219 KB, 703x659, your own yaoi doll.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What the actual fuck is this

>> No.7483289
File: 29 KB, 481x394, pfft.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7483269
No fucking clue/ scared to find out.

>> No.7483293
File: 142 KB, 340x270, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7483269
I..... what. Google gives me this. Im assuming this is what will happen.
Came from etsy with the tags "Catboy mature doll sexy penis adult toy anthropomorphic kawaii yaoi gag gift cat boy plush flexible"

>> No.7483336
File: 516 KB, 1600x1200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7483269
>your own yaoi doll
That makes no sense literally
>inspired by boku no sexual harassment
So... Then corn?
(Seriously, how did they approve this??)

>> No.7483341

>>7483023
I would love for you to do that and discuss with you... But I think by the time it happens I'd be so drained and not feeling it that I wouldn't be able to care enough to do it.

I'll probably end up stopping by to check it out anyways since I've got some friends into the whole SJW thing coming with me. It may make me hate them though.

>> No.7483355

>>7483341
Yeah that would be pretty awesome. I live in NYC, but I've always wanted to go to AnimeNorth. Either way, it's still a good idea for a panel if actually done right and with mature adults.

>> No.7483536
File: 954 KB, 639x1079, 1254954595411.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to do a cosplay. I have no idea being a male.

>> No.7483556

>>7483536
> I have no idea being a male.

Step 1: Wear a costume
Step 2: There is no fucking step 2 cause that is all you fucking need to do do cosplay! No one gives a shit if you're male just put on a fucking costume and shut up about it!

>> No.7483563

>>7483556

what if, I want to dress up as a girl?

>> No.7483572

>>7483563
Then do it?
Seriously, no one fucking cares.

>> No.7483580
File: 48 KB, 631x789, moot-cosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7483563
Nobody's stopping you

>> No.7486840

How's everybody's progress coming along?

>> No.7486847

>>7486840
Kind of worried about not finishing.. I have 2 large props left to do and a bunch of smaller accessories, as well as a wig coming in at the latest a week before the con.

>> No.7486850

>>7486840
Just ordered some worbla so I can finish up my Leona in time for the LCS spring finals event

>> No.7487550

The weather better not be shit.

>> No.7487572

>>7487550
long-range weather forecast says maybe an average of 19-20c for all three days. Lows from 6-8c. Maybe some cloud, no rain so far.

>> No.7488131

>>7487572
That shit is never accurate.

>> No.7489752

>>7487572
As long as there is no rain I'm fine

>> No.7489758

>>7489752
Remember last year's winds though?

Every girl in a skirt had to permanently hold it down outside. Fun times

Not to mention anybody in a long wig pretty much got screwed over

>> No.7490482

Help! The Facebook group has been invaded by tumblr SJW bullshit.

>> No.7490486

>>7490482
Did it really?

The only thing that made me upset was some post about photographers cosplaying as photographer characters.
Okay, it started out good. Two characters. Then BAM, all the posts are about comic characters. Like, fuck, do these people even watch anime?

>> No.7490489

>>7490482
>>7490486
I think there was some post about some guy asking for shaving help (and I'll be honest I was glad he asked, I was sort of wondering about it too), so people weighed in and gave some advice.

But somehow, this was transphobic. Somehow.

>> No.7490491

>>7490489
And just as I post this, the post gets deleted

Well then

>> No.7490497

>>7490486
Nope. AN is full of non-anime plebs now. They're partly to blame on the con going to shit and MLP getting over 5 events last year.

>>7490491
Looks like another move by the mids who can't accept any sort of conflict or entertainment.

>> No.7490504

>>7490489
>>7490491
Wow...

Now they're oozing all over some Rin cosplayer's barely ottermode body. Man, if people bothered even trying to work out they'd know it's not that hard to obtain a nicer body unless you had a physical handicap. Nothing makes me more upset than unfit people thinking they can't be fit.

>> No.7490513

>>7490504
What if they have an ED? It's not so easy then.

>> No.7490519

>>7490513
Forgot to mention that. EDs are serious ixxues and I have nothing but respect for people who combat that, along with actual bodily problems that prevent them from putting on or putting off weight (safely). I don't want to go all /fit/ up in here, but a lot of people are just lazy and make excuses. Man, you don't even need to be fit. I just love the effort and push for a better self.

Going off topic. I should probably stop looking at the AN facebook group. The non-anime and furry shit is making me grumpy.

>> No.7490523
File: 59 KB, 488x526, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7490504
Dem comments.

>> No.7490533

>>7490519
>ixxues
The s and the x key are so close together...

>>7490523
And he's removed, now.

On a slightly different note, I haven't been to AN since 2010 so I'm expecting some changes. Where's the most pleasant places to hang out and meet people to chill and talk about anime, play video games, etc?

>> No.7490544

>>7490523
>pedophilia
>she's 15
Uhh...

>> No.7490549

So how long do we give the guy bitching at the mods until he gets banned too?

>> No.7490560

Why are these Facebook posts always the same?

1. Person makes a post.
2. Post gets 50+ replies and likes.
3. Post gets deleted or OP gets banned.
4. Someone claiming to be friends with the OP posts and whines.
5. Mods make it clear why the post was deleted or the member was banned. They delete the thread.
6. Friend comes back and whines some more about his/her post being deleted and his/her friend being banned or their post getting removed.
7. Other idiots reply asking the same, even though the mods have already said why.
8. Mods say why they deleted the post or banned the person... again.
9. Friend whines "OMG THE MODS HERE R NAZIS!" and leaves the group.

>> No.7490568

>>7490549
So much people whining about their victimhood tonight.

Like I said, tumblr invasion.

>> No.7490588

>>7490549
>>7490568
Sup, I'm the guy who got kicked on the AN page. If you need verification, I can post it, but hey, who knows.

The mods are absolutely fucking retarded.
I'm not whining about victimhood, I was confused because I got kicked without reasoning and then told that it was because I swore.
Kind of fucking retarded, but the mods are like little Hitler's and Stalin's running around.

>> No.7490594

>>7490533
>I haven't been to AN since 2010 so I'm expecting some changes.
>so I'm expecting some changes.
>changes

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Of all the con I go to, Anime North organizer are the one that are the most set in their ways, unwilling to change

>> No.7490597

>>7490560
I don't mind that I was removed, it's the fact of how fucking stupid the mods are that pisses me off. Instead of banning the guy who instigated all the arguing, they ban EVERYONE who broke a rule instead of giving them a second chance.
They're so retarded it's unbelievable.

>> No.7490598

>>7490588
Yeah, you're really not proving your case here.

>> No.7490605

>>7490588
I hope you get banned here too.

>> No.7490604
File: 74 KB, 1280x720, Cantbelieve-Kogami.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is the post somehow back? Or was it never removed in the first place? I'm still seeing it on the page.
>>7490588
>>7490597
Go be mad somewhere else and get over it already.

>> No.7490608

>>7490604
>>7490605
>implying I'm mad about being kicked
I'm mad because stupid people, bro.
Also, hope to see you at AN baby <3
And hey, not nice lil' nigga.

>> No.7490618

>>7490588
You're a huge creep lmao.

>> No.7490622

>>7490618
>creep
>4chan
Pick both.

>> No.7490742
File: 90 KB, 936x482, ugh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here's my prediction of what the Transphobia in Anime/Gaming panel will look like, taken directly from a thread on a Kuroshit yaoi panel on AN's forums.

>> No.7490756

>>7490742
So, the panel's gonna be, "yeah, you're right, but who fucking cares"?

Think anybody's going to pose a strong opposition to generate discussion or is it just going to be a circle jerk? Because trans in anime depiction is genuinely interesting, especially considering how taboo and liberal anime is in the context of Japan media.

>> No.7490762

>>7490756
Its going to be a circle jerk because no one wants a gathering of tumblrtards screeching at them for having an opinion.

>> No.7490793

>>7490756
I doubt that there will be discussion of actual trans characters going on.

Grell is not trans. He is a gay stereotype that is commonly seen in Japanese media, male characters who are gay/bisexual that use feminine mannerisms of speaking to be able to accept themselves more. He is okama. It's applying tumblr standards to a culture they know nothing about. Morons.

There are legit examples of trans people in anime, but who wants to bet any of these tumblrtards have seen Paradise Kiss or Hourou Musuko? I'd guess none, since most of them are as pleb as fuck. I bet Naruto will be mentioned as a "trans" character in their panel because he has that sex-change trick that he does.

I really want to start a panel of my own on this topic next year, but I know I'll get told "join the Transophibia panel instead". All my nope. Not sitting in a room for an hour with a bunch of teenage tumblrtard plebs hugboxing each other.

>> No.7490844

>>7490793
I've never actually seen Kuroshi so I can't really argue for or against it. I was assuming Grell is a character who is legitimately trans, but I guess not.

Have you tried looking to start a panel at another con? I'd be interested in attending.

>> No.7491267
File: 30 KB, 220x330, aoki_misako2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

http://www.animenorth.com/live/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=729:misako-aoki-&catid=81:fashion&Itemid=217

>> No.7491286

>>7490597
Because facebook is totally set up for proper moderation! It's not a forum site, deal with it rather than crying all over. Go join the unofficial page with all the other banned people who couldn't be bothered to read the side bar.

>> No.7491293

>>7490793
Except in Japan, the actual gay stereotype is more the "bara" one. Such as people like Zangief, Hard Gay and Armstrong (he's not gay, but is overtly supposed to have the same mannerisms as the bara stereotype). Feminine guys there are usually straight. Although Grell is into both men and women, so it could go either way.

>> No.7491602

>>7491267
She's everywhere now anyway, so it's really not all that exciting. They already had her at Fan Expo, too.
gg on keeping the bar low, AN.

>> No.7491625
File: 59 KB, 497x217, thankyouforthereminder.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>you can cosplay anything you want even if it doesn't suit your facial structure and/or body shape
>your cosplay can be as inaccurate as you want
>no one is allowed to judge another person's cosplay

>> No.7491665

>>7491625
What a hugbox. Cosplayers will get judged, people get judged daily, it's just going to happen. It's not necessarily bad. It can be, if they decide to be assholes about it and tell you in person, but like, you're going to see cosplays that you'll like and cosplays that aren't so stellar. Cosplay is supposed to be fun, yes. And people find fun in different ways, some people find fun in wanting to to do their best. So cosplay whoever and however you want, have fun however you want, but you're not exempt from criticism or judgement. It's just a fact of life.

>> No.7491677

>>7490742
This tumblr style 'transperson' is the bane of real transpeoples' existence. They're so so ignorant.

>> No.7491678

>>7491665
My idea of fun is to criticize people who are bad at cosplay.

>> No.7491739

god the AN fb page is a mess. Now someone's talking about trying to ban AXE body spray from the con. I didn't pay much attention to it until I saw 145 replies in a couple hours.
wtf.

>> No.7491776

>>7491739
inb4 someone makes a post asking cosplays that show too much skin to be banned because they're bringing their children to the con and don't want to be exposed to that kind of stuff

>> No.7491805

>>7491776
if they get to do that, then we get to ban any homestucks who don't seal their body paint and walk around getting grey shit on everyone's costumes

>> No.7491808

>>7491739
That stuff smells like shit, but why would there need to be a ban?

>> No.7491821

>>7491602
You'd think that with all the "kawaii ambassadors" we have they would be able to set something up. Apparently the person who actually got anime north to invite Misako wasn't even one of them. I think she's the one that runs the tea party, which is the only event I've seen her at.
It's weird that she'd be the one who bothered to get Misako for while the kawaii ambassadors sit around with thumbs up their butts. I mean, some shitty con in Vancouver had AP ffs.
Nadine is the only one who actually tries to do things out of the three (two?) of them.

>> No.7491915

>you can cosplay anything you want even if it doesn't suit your facial structure and/or body shape
You CAN, people DO. It doesn't mean you'll get adoration or recognition though.
>your cosplay can be as inaccurate as you want
See above
>no one is allowed to judge another person's cosplay
Well you shouldn't say it to someone's face, that's just being an ass

These "anyone can cosplay what they want" posts are so redundant. Majority of the community already understands that a lot of cosplayers aren't serious business and can keep their comments to themselves or their friends. The jerks who say it to people's faces? They don't care about facebook posts telling them not to.

>> No.7491919

>>7491677
Yep. Probably under 19 and a huge fucking attention whore who will be heterosexual and cisgendered once they grow the fuck up.

They're probably spoiled rotten, without a thing to whine about, without any real sort of identity, and bored. Since they have no identity and need to bitch about something, they throw themselves into a minority group and cry about how oppressed they are. Since they are completely selfish and "me, me, me", they have no consideration for how their immature and idiotic behaviour will affect real trans people.

>> No.7491924

>>7491808
Allergies.

Though it's not something that can be enforced by the con, the area is too large and they don't check every room. People with allergies should be prepared for reactions at a con or any public place. People are going to wear perfume, people will eat peanuts, people may even have cat hair on them.

>> No.7491959

Just submitted my AN Lolita Fashion show application.
I hope I get make it through the selection process!

>> No.7492082

>>7491821
I dont think you understand how cons work, because 3 girls being given some random title from Japan does not mean they have connections at a con. The people who run the tea party are staff for AN, so they actually have a way to bring up issues at a higher level.

>>7491602
It is very likely that it is only because she went to Fan Expo and that went okay that AN even entertained the thought of having her. Its a really hard battle to make them do anything new.

>> No.7492180

>>7491821
The tea party head credited one of the kawaii ambassadors for giving them Misako's contact info and surprisingly it wasn't Nadine.

They're not staff though, so they probably don't go to meetings and they have no pull with the con.

>> No.7492186

>>7491821
It would be skeezy as hell if the "kawaii ambassadors" took over all the hard work lolitas on staff have been doing for years just because Misako Aoki recruited them to her little squad.

>> No.7492221

man, it really bums me out to see the Anime North Tumblr tag. Just to see people talking about their cosplays, things like:

>punk sailor Saturn
>fawn Mikasa
>hipster Canada
>random revealing schoolgirl outfit that looks 1000000x too small

>> No.7492230

>>7492221
>fawn Mikasa
Oh tumblr, fuck you.

>> No.7492234

>>7492221
p-punk sailor saturn sounds kinda cool

>> No.7492237

>>7465543
>stripper outfit and heels at 2am
Are you good looking? Can I crash at your place?

>> No.7492242

>>7492234
Tumblr, please go.

>> No.7492501
File: 2 KB, 188x155, 1349835778619.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7492221
>Hipster Canada

So what... a hipster?

>> No.7493177
File: 1.02 MB, 1552x2592, IMAG0209.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm gonna go as the Saw Runner from Cry of Fear. I played it only recently and loved the shit out of it. Since I'm still fairly new at cosplay, I figured I'd do something simple to construct, and pull off.
The mask is 80% done (see pic). You can't see the other 2 masks on the side, but they look pretty good so far (though I didn't do the sculpted eyebrows/lips on the side masks to cut down on the overall weight. Plaster is heavy) I need to round off the edges and smooth it out, then paint them black. The bloody clothes will be dead simple, plan on doing those later today. Only thing I need is the chainsaw. I have the blade constructed (Cardboard/bike chain), so tomorrow I'm going to the local pawn shop to buy one. I'll strip out all the interals (so it's just the shell, handles, and the rip cord) and I plan to rig a small speaker inside where the exhaust vent would be, and hook up a MP3 player with all the sound clips from the game
>Are you staying at a hotel? Which? Not sure. I'm going with a big group. Last year I got in at the double tree, and I'd love to be that lucky again.
I havent even looked. Usually I leave it till I'm with the group I go with. We all pick and choose so we can all go together.
Again, haven't looked. But I trust they're cool?
Attack on Titan/Kill la Kill hands down

>> No.7493298

>>7489758
And it was freezing. I wish I brought a hoodie or something, I was like "ahh I usually overheat, why could I possibly need one?"

Man that was a mistake.

>> No.7493304
File: 1.90 MB, 499x1587, 1397407977098.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7492234
Does it?

Does it REALLY?

>> No.7493327

>What are your cosplay plans.
I'm planning cosplaying Samurai Flamenco (3rd suit), Owain (Fire Emblem)
>Progesso
Haven't started Owain, but I made the patterns for his top. Samumenco is almost done.
>Hotel
Huufff something hampton? Dont really remember.
>Flavors of the year
Pokemon gijinkas and stuff, Free, AoT, Grill La Hill.

>> No.7493468

How much does it cost to hire one of those booth girls at these conventions? I mean those models you usually see at fan expo in those slutty bunny outfits or whatever that bring attention to your table/booth

>> No.7493515

>>7493327
Were you the one who posted a progress picture on the group anon?

>> No.7493865
File: 14 KB, 500x171, 1359005064065.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7493304

>> No.7493871

>>7493304
This is terrible, and it hurts to imagine all the notes it probably got on Tumblr

>> No.7494031

>>7493327
>Owain
Did you use a base pattern or anything for the top? I'm in the process of patterning it out now (for Lon'qu though).

>> No.7495970

>>7493515
The AN group on FB? If so yes, but my progress has gotten a lot further since.

>>7494031
I used a generic dress shirt pattern as a base pattern. I heavily modified it to make the front overlap like a kimono and to have the really long back-thing. I think that having sleeves like on a regular shirt rather then like a jacket-type of clothing would be better for movements and stuff. (Since I also intend to pose with weapons and whatnot)

>> No.7496208
File: 104 KB, 640x427, Tim&#039;s knight2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tim's Knight Guardian of corporate sellouts (again) aka. Knight of the double double

Might get an RPG party together if all my friends actually build their fucking armor.

Must repair, reinforce and help friends build their suits to ensure they fucking do it.

Double Tree
Eva panel, got a friend running it And meeting the guests.
also walking around being an attention whore is always fun.

Get to talk to Michael Benyaer and impress him with my amazing ability to have memorized all the reboot openings.
>What is the flavour-of-the-year for cosplay
this year
SNK KlK Free (sort of) home stuck is not going away.

>> No.7496221

>>7496208
haha it's always good to see you again. What kind of armour are your friends making? Are theirs going to be themed too?

>> No.7496242

>>7496221
It's still all tim's themed but as long as we can get everyone we should have a Mage (not yet named), Knight(me), a ranger(bit ranger) and a monk(Chai Tea Monk) GET IT LIKE TAI CHI

>> No.7496285

>>7496242
Oh that's sweet. I almost wish you hadn't told me cause that would've been a really awesome surprise to see the day of the con

o well I guess I asked for it

>> No.7496320

>>7496285
Don't get your hopes too high, I have some lazy friends 2 of which have never cosplayed before.
If it all works It's going to be a bloody miracle but I'll try my best!

>> No.7496327

>>7496208
Homestuck is actually. From what I heard from a friend, the Toronto meetups are dying out and a lot of the regulars/old fans have stopped attending and grew out of the series. It'll still be a majority, but not like it used to be.

>> No.7496587

>>7496327
The last two years of AN were terrible for homestuck.
It's not a bad series but the cosplay of it is usually so casual and shitty.

>> No.7496758

>>7496242
That sounds amazing.

>> No.7498068

>>7496208
That shit was swag as fuck.

>> No.7498083

>>7496587
Last year, I hear one of the photoshoots for them took two hours.

This year however, I hear it's one hour at most. I'd say the fandom is losing steam and others are gaining it (SnK mainly)

>> No.7498121

>>7493304
>the 8th evil ex of Ramona Flowers

>>7496208
you make me want to buy coffee

>> No.7498128

So with all this snow think AN is going to be cold as fuck again?

>> No.7498139

>>7498128
It'll melt by tomorrow

>> No.7498145
File: 43 KB, 495x611, fuckThisShit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the AN Facebook page just keeps getting better and better

>inb4 he says "lol april foolz guyz" after everyone calls him dumb

>> No.7498146

>>7498145
should comment with *you're

>> No.7498149

>>7498145
this is incredible

>> No.7498164

>>7498145
"Prepae to get memed on" Get away from me.

>> No.7498171

>>7498145
I cannot believe this.

>> No.7498195

>>7498083
Well, they still have a photoshoot all three days, which is more hours total than any other fandom. The one hour photoshoot is more to address how unfair it was to have 2 hours each day solely to themselves, not a sign of the fandom dying. I know that some people are still annoyed that homstuck is getting so much time too, but it seems like others are working together a bit to make do.

>> No.7498250

NEET Police

Bought everything over the summer, need to fix up a few things that broke though.

Fairfield Inn, far as shit but can't complain with $100/day after taxes

Totally Lame Anime is always a joy.

SnK no doubt.

>> No.7498359
File: 459 KB, 300x225, 1380921410664.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498145
I cringed when I saw this in the group, I kinda want to punch him in the face.

>> No.7498363
File: 143 KB, 960x720, 1397601734027.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498145
Just a reminder that this was a thing last year.

>> No.7498388

>>7498250
I took this pic at Atomic Lollipop last year, is this you?

>> No.7498391
File: 480 KB, 1000x668, DSC_2501.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498388
Forgot pic lol

>> No.7498460

>>7498363
Don't remind me.

>>7498391
Yeah, should've just ditched the bandana at the time, in retrospect. Got a balaclava ordered later that year, though.

>> No.7498462

>>7498128
It better not be.

>> No.7498477

>>7498460
It was a cool cosplay. Are you going to APOP again this year?

>> No.7498488
File: 200 KB, 860x952, animewimmin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498145
haha, trust me this guy is kidding. I've actually recently befriended him on facebook and he's fucking hilarious. His humour is acting out like a giant weeb and every single thing he posts is absolutely golden.

He's the same guy who made the hilarious poll about "what's cool at AN" which included answers like furry tails, parachute pants, biohazard goggles, etc and trolled some Tumblr girls pretty hard.

>> No.7498505

>>7498477
Still up in the air on that one.

>> No.7498509

>>7498477
>APOP

What's the point of that? It's barely anime related, it's aimed more at the raver and teen crowd.

>> No.7498521
File: 19 KB, 463x46, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498488
My thoughts exactly....

>> No.7498557
File: 93 KB, 509x485, lememe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498521
>>7498145

Goddamit this guy is literally the funniest person I have on Facebook. Here's some fresh OC from him

>> No.7498560

>>7498557
Internet trolls always give me douchebag vibes... Like, I get they're funny, but they don't sound pleasant to be around.

>> No.7498601

>>7498557
nah, he's pushing it now

>> No.7498610
File: 678 KB, 1426x2394, ICA8FDv.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7498509
pic related is the events from last year's APOP. If they don't sound interesting, you may want to save your money for something else.

>> No.7498964

>>7498509
I am neither a raver nor a teen and imo it's the best convention in the GTA. All the events are pretty hands-on and not something you normally experience at cons. Last year had a nerf battle, it had a burlesque show, it had a metal concert but at the same time there was a crochet table, crafts and you could pet a kangaroo.

>> No.7499245

>>7498964
None of which were very anime related and all turned out to be less enjoyable than expected.

>> No.7499321

>>7499245
Hey there, ConBravo.

I admit, 2012 was much better.

>> No.7499465

I'm fucking pissed because I planned cosplays that aren't even moderately cool weather friendly whatsoever and it's almost May and it just fucking snowed four inches which tells me it's gonna be freezing again this year for fuck's sake ARGHHHHHHH

>> No.7499535

will there be speed dating again this yr?

>> No.7499621

New thread:
>>7499620