[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 104 KB, 300x450, Neferpitou.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7423336 No.7423336 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /cgl/, how you all doing today?

I'm going to be making the cosplay on the left, and I've run into a bit of a sticking point with the hands, so I thought I'd get you guys' opinions on it. The character has four fingers with claws on the ends, and I wanted to replicate this effect without making big snuggly cat-paw looking things.

Can anyone recommend a semi-realistic way to make these hands as gloves? I was thinking I'd put snaps on them that would allow them to attach at the wrist to the inside of the jacket sleeve to eliminate any gaps, but I'm not quite sure what to make them out of in the first place.

>> No.7423346

can't you just use fake nails and file them into the right shape?

>> No.7423351

>>7423346
I could, but the character only has four fingers, which is why I wanted to make gloves that would hide my pinky.

>> No.7423357

Gurl no one will notice the fact that you have 5 fingers and not 4.

>> No.7423361

>>7423357
Maybe, but I wanna do it anyway!

>> No.7423358

>>7423351
You could sew armsocks out of nude opaque tights with 4 fingers and make the last one thicker so you could fit your pinky in there.

>> No.7423369

>>7423358
This was an option I've been thinking about- I'm just worried about the extra finger looking bumpy. Do you think I could stuff it somehow to eliminate that?

>> No.7423370

>>7423358
the downside is it's annoying to have your hands in those all day, also your last 'finger' will look really thick and awkward. Armsocks are also a pain to sew. I think it's better you learn to pose your hands to hide your pinky instead of trying to conceal it with gloves, but then again I'm not familiar with this character/ series. Is it a major point that they only have 4 fingers?

>> No.7423374

>>7423370
It's not really /major/, but it is an interesting facet of their design so I'd be a little sad leaving it out, that's all. I already have airbrushed tights to replicate the leg joints, so I figured I'd try and do the hands, too.

>> No.7423378

I really feel like it wouldn't be such a big deal if you have five fingers. What would be important is getting the outfit, wig, and other stuff (I see a tail, ears, and some funky stuff going on with the knees) done well.

I doubt that having five fingers would be really detrimental, unless as >>7423370 pointed out, there is some good reason, but even then it just seems like a pretty minor thing to me.

>> No.7423405
File: 96 KB, 640x480, 4fingers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7423374
took a picture with my old hs armsocks to show you how it would look- I don't think it would be worth the effort to be honest

>> No.7423475

I'm a huge HxH fan and I'd never noticed that he only has 4 fingers. If you can't find a way to get it to look natural using 4 fingered gloves and puttng your pinky in with the finger beside it, don't fret. I'd just be really happy to see a Pitou at a con who had gotten the rest of the costume spot on.