[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 91 KB, 600x862, 1393902081822.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7407758 No.7407758[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Ever feel like the cosplay community handles male cosplayers with kid gloves in terms of drama, shitposting and such?

>Men are allowed to do really crappy crossplays as a joke and get praise if they're somewhat passable
>Are allowed to cosplay sexy versions of characters or wear super revealing outfits and never get shamed during the con or online
>Can leave out details of a cosplay such as wig, makeup and no one cares
>Drama threads about them are never made unless they actually go out of their way to cause trouble.

>> No.7407764

Men are like kids.
we can't trust them with garment construction or knowing how to look good.
they get a gold star for trying.

now, men that are good at cosplaying on their own, are like genius kids.

>> No.7407776

I kind noticed this too but I think of it as a blessing. Instead of being drama bombed, creeped on or attack by SJW the worst a male can get in the cosplay world is just ignored. Event he bad male cosplayers get some good comments which always brightens their day. Sure we'll never be super famous by the likes of Jnig or Yaya even if we tried but that just means we can focus on the hobby itself and no one minds.

>> No.7407791

I feel like this is almost necessary in terms of beginner male cosplayers. So many of them think they can just leap into things and make some fully-finished high difficulty costume with no previous experience. I've known a bunch with insecurity/pride issues where they're afraid to ask more skilled friends for help, even other male friends. I just wish they'd have the humility to act as an apprentice and take on smaller projects before trying to tackle shit that's way out of their league.

On the other hand, I feel like it's shitty that female cosplayers are held to such a high standard comparatively. You're expected to be a Jill-of-all-trades or you're shit.

>> No.7407812

That's because men crossplay/cosplay as a joke, whereas hambeasts want to look pretty, put in a huge effort, and still fail miserably.

Drama threads do not result from the former because there's no pride, dignity, etc. at stake - they know they look "bad." These kinds of men are the last kind to get embroiled in pissy drama affairs. Hambeasts whose efforts are slighted in the least, however, will explode. They will bitch, moan, and deliberately provoke people not even involved, leaving a maelstrom of drama/shitposting in their wake.

>> No.7407819

Men don't take cosplaying as seriously as women do in general. There are some who put in the effort, but in general, they're looking to have fun, and they realize that they don't need 100% perfect canon to accomplish that. Yeah, that means that a lot of them are sub-par. Women on the other hand take cosplaying to be some super serious avocation, and get up in arms against each other. On the one hand, I'd prefer if guys took the hobby more seriously (although there are plenty of talented and serious male cosplayers on the fantasy side of the hobby), but I wouldn't take it at the cost of devolving to catty tier.

Also, a lot of the reason men get away with it is because nobody cares to call them out on these things.

>> No.7407840

Men dont care about cosplay as much so there is nothing at stake. Even if you were to make drama threads, there's no way for them to be informed of them or have people recognize the guy cause they're not special.

Going after Jnig is fun because of her huge online personality and popularity. Going after some guy in a crappy Batman cosplay yields no rewards.

>> No.7408052

>>7407758
It's not that no one cares if they look, it's just that no one feels the need to talk shit about them for looking bad.

Girls are taught to be catty rather than aggressive, and in an environment like /cgl/ where it's easier to talk shit about someone who is your competition and not have it come back to bite you in the ass later (probably), this ingrained behavior rears it's ugly head at full force. And since most of this board is female, even ugly guys with bad cosplays aren't worth taking the effort to drag down.

As for why (some, at the very least) men would hold women to these high standards and not other men: female cosplayers are supposed to be 3D representations of the fictional ladies they fap to. If you don't excel in either the body or face category, score at least mediocre in the other, and show at least an intermediate understanding of the material you're cosplaying from, then you're viewed as someone who doesn't belong in the subculture. If you somehow score well in all three of those categories, then you have a high chance of being labeled as a fake by someone. "How can you be real if you don't exist to fulfil my fantasies?" That kind of attitude.

And going back to the topic: male cosplayers aren't their fap fodder. They don't matter.

I could write an entire essay examining this topic in depth, but that still wouldn't change a damn thing about the perpetuation of these attitudes.

>> No.7408065

>>7408052
>implying women don't lust over male cosplayers too

Have you seen the male cosplay threads here? They're worse than the T&A threads in terms of sheer disregard for construction for the sake of looks.

>> No.7408071

>>7407758
Let me just cut it short for you, butthurt-chan.

Women get all the drama & shiposting privilege because the ones who are behind 99% of it are other women.

End of line.

Guys don't give a fuck if other guys look like shit, they laugh and enjoy it for what it is.

>> No.7408094

>>7408065
No, I'm quite aware. The objectification is still there and strong, gender-role reversal does not make it right.

The difference is that attractive, scantily clad male are usually not accused of being a fake fan of their source material by the same women oggling them, even if the primary audience of the source material is female. Can you give me an example of when you have seen a male cosplayer openly accused of being a "fake fan?" (please do give me examples if you have them though, life is a journey of learning)

Fans of anime/comics are considered male by default, therefore a male cosplayer (generally) is not expected to prove his status as a fan, scantily clad or not.

>> No.7408095

>>7407764
We don't want to scare away all the guys as we need them for all the hunky male cosplays and ottermode characters

>> No.7408105

>>7408094
There aren't any, because, believe it or not, it's not the men that are calling the women "fake fans". Very few men outside of the fedoras/white knights will care enough to call them out.

I'm not trying to say that women and men don't have different standards, I'm just trying to correct the people out there that say "Why are men doing this to us?" when it's not the men doing it.

>> No.7408109

>>7408094
Only one I can really think of is Living Ichigo

>> No.7408134

It's like Krusty the Klown said. A man in a suit and tie planting a pie in a clown's face is meaningless, because the clown is already a clown, he has no dignity to take away, and most schlubs feel like the suits of the world have shoved one too many pies into one too many schlub's faces already. But a clown hits a suit with a pie, that works, we got to see someone with real dignity, maybe more dignity than most people have, get that dignity taken away.

Even the best male cosplayers never rise above the level of the Whiteface Clown (the Grimaldi, the kind of clown who was used to represent overseriousness taken to a comedic extreme, identified with aristocracy and vanity). A Whiteface can get pied by an Auguste, or sometimes even a contra-auguste, but most of /cgl/ don't see themselves as clowns in the first place; entering the male ring is like a man in a suit stepping into the clown's circle during the performance and trying to throw pies at the clowns.

In contrast, even a direly serious Grimaldi is allowed to throw a pie or two at a Serious Professional like Yaya.

>> No.7408144

>>7408134
gropey did you drop trip

>> No.7408153

>>7408134
fat clown pls go be fat somewhere else

>> No.7408155

Basically, men aren't expected to do well when it comes to sewing and costuming. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Occasionally shit does go down like people bitching about Living Ichigo.

>> No.7408157

>>7408134
I have just learned stuff about clowns from cgl

It's kind of cool

>> No.7408175

>>7407758
That's because mostly women judge other women.

Most men wouldnt care if you made a shitty cosplay, joke cosplay, etc. (Most) men dont really care.

>> No.7408182

Well men realize dressing up as a video game/cartoon character is just a joke, women make the mistake of taking it seriously. Plus, women shit up every community they join and this is no exception

This is why men with a good sense of humor go far and women with a good sense of humor don't exist

>> No.7408186

Unless they're fags, men don't take clothes and dressing up as seriously. The only times they do is if they're trying to get laid, and even then it's nowhere near the level of women. If a bunch of chicks make fun of the way a guy dresses up, he's probably not gonna give a shit and keep doing it until he gets bored.

>> No.7408185

>>7408094
every male on /cgl/

>> No.7408188

>>7408052
>Girls are taught to be catty rather than aggressive
>taught

No, this is just the way we are.

>> No.7408206
File: 1.78 MB, 536x302, 1393812715891.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7408182
gr8 b8 m8

>> No.7408239

>>7408206
Not him/her but name one female "comedian" that is funny and doesn't get applauded just for talking edgily about "muh vagina problems".

>> No.7408247

>>7407764
People like you make men not want to even attempt things

>> No.7408264

>>7408239
Tina Fey

>> No.7408266

>>7408247
you get a gold star

>> No.7408269

>>7408247
I'm a man and i've long given up on doing things. It's nice to know i'm forever useless to this world.

>> No.7408277

>>7408264
I watched some videos with her on YouTube and not once did she even try to say a joke

>> No.7408279

>>7408239
John Mulaney is basically like a whiny girl.

>> No.7408315

>>7408277
Go watch 30 Rock or any of the SNL stuff she wrote.

>> No.7408334

>>7408266
your gold star can suck my nuts

>> No.7408337

>>7408247
>>7408269
Wouldn't having the bar be so low mean that when you achieve something it's a really good thing?
Fight through the people who say you can't do it, all that jazz

>> No.7408340

>>7408337
and give God, Hobbes, Masa D. Luffy and every frat boy drunktard the benifit of a doubt? i'll stick to being viewed as a second class citizen and further be useless, thank you.

>> No.7408341

As a male, I wish I had the skills of being able to do sewing and what not for cosplaying. I envy those who can do better than me and quite possible save money and time.
As for drama, that's kind of a pre existing condition when it comes to guys

>> No.7408346

It's because I know that I don't really need to be the center of attention and even if I tried busting y ass off my months of hardwork can easily be overshadowed by a girl in a miniskirt and bra. It's simply not worth the trouble of getting materials to make a super stellar costume when the masses and photographers are going to ignore me.

Besides, I go to cons for guests, events and panels. I don't have time to be standing around getting my photo taken.

>> No.7408350

>>7408182
>>7408239
I read a thing somewhere about what men and women look for in mates.
Girls wanted someone who was funny. Men wanted someone with a sense of humor (read: laughs at their jokes).
Girls want someone who makes them laugh since that means it's someone who puts them at ease. When someone you're really intimidated by makes a joke, it's hard to laugh while you're busy sweating bullets.
Men want someone to laugh at their jokes because it makes them feel validated, worth something. If a girl is funnier than him, he can feel threatened. He wants to be the one to put others at ease, the one who has a talent, and is worthwhile to be around.

Of course this is more about power dynamics in a relationship. Men tend to lean towards dominant and female submissive, since evolutionary men = hunters, protectors and women = child raisers, nurturers
But there are relationships where this is swapped or both the same. Doubles are fun dynamics. Two dominants enjoy competing with each other. It's a struggle about who ends up on top, who is the best. Two submissives are constantly trying to do more for the other person and make sacrifices. But then the other wants to be the one who makes sacrifices. Fun fun stuff.

I'm off course. Bottom line: It's beneficial for men to be funny. It's actually a detriment for women.

>> No.7408352

>>7408350
Congrats, you read a cracked article.

>> No.7408356

>>7408352
Dang, I read it like a year ago and was really hoping my brain stored info from a real article.

>> No.7408386

>>7408350
Yep, nice parroting a David Wong article there m8.

Bottom line: men become funny because they were bullied / losers as kids and being the class clown was the only reprieve from their cruel ordeal.

Women don't get bullied (only in a "pussy" kind of way).

>> No.7408388

>>7408386
Every man was bullied/losers as kids? Nice logic there "m8".

>> No.7408392

>>7408388
>every
>implying I implied that
Nice pulling words out of your ass, retard.

>> No.7408393

here's some great article that all of you misogynerd losers ITT should read:
http://www.cracked.com/article_19785_5-ways-modern-men-are-trained-to-hate-women.html
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-relationship-zones-worse-than-the-friend-zone/
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

take advice to heart and maybe you will get laid and stop bothering us on /cgl/

>> No.7408397

>>7408334
you can put it on your nuts if you want.
can't control what a kid does with his gold star

>> No.7408399

>>7408393
*tips fedora*

>> No.7408400

>>7408071

Why hasn't anyone else agreed with this?

>> No.7408402

>>7408400
Because this board is full of butthurt aspies.
I agree with the guy.

>> No.7408424

>>7408393
I don't hate women. I hate everyone. The closest I get to misogyny is noticing that women have a larger tendency to be confrontational for little to no reason.

I do like individuals though.

>> No.7408425

On the subject of hating 'bad cosplayers', the reason for that hate is usually because those people are shit people.

The guy with the tattered white wig and trench coat claiming to be X anime character is probably a shit person. However, if that person walked up and started a perfectly normal conversation with you at a con, maybe got drinks with you, suddenly it matters a lot less.

>> No.7408428

>>7408393
>first article pretty much double standards, basic lack of physiology and psychology understanding and observation, unbiased
>second article overly done, pretty much basic things that people learn or discover through dating, still unbiased
>third article lacks perspective, does have a grain of salt, but full of I know what's best or I see how everything is

>>7408399
pretty much this

>> No.7408447

>>7408424
>I don't hate women. I hate everyone.

how's 8th grade treating you?

>> No.7408454

>>7408447
>Having a positive outlook on random strangers more likely to make your day worse

I dunno, how's kindergarten?

>> No.7408455
File: 16 KB, 259x194, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7408454
You must be great to be around.

>> No.7408458

>>7408455
If you're not a fuck-up, I am.
I'm beginning to think you're a fuck-up, though.

>> No.7408460

>>7408458
>Implying i'd hang around an emo kid.

Nah son, your mom needs to take the dick out of her mouth to tell you to go to bed.

>> No.7408461

>>7408460
Is this you getting upset with me?
/cgl/ fags don't talk like this unless they're releasing their inner-Tumblr. Which they do when they're upset.

>> No.7408464

>>7408454
Good god your outlook makes me sad. Why are random strangers likely to make your day worse? Usually they either add nothing to mine, or make it better.

>> No.7408468

>>7408464
I don't think it actually does make you sad, I think you're trying to belittle my outlook.
Because I don't live in a fairy tale haze, which you apparently do, I live in Jersey.
Which is where ANext happens, and that con always has the worst crowd out of any con I go to, for an example.

>> No.7408489

>Are allowed to cosplay sexy versions of characters or wear super revealing outfits and never get shamed during the con or online

Muh privilege

>> No.7408491

>>7408489
Hell most complaints about women dressed up in revealing outfits probably come from other women.

I doubt many guys object to seeing hot girls walking around barely wearing anything.

>> No.7408497

test

#g°½ic]t2

>> No.7408509

Itt aspie girls thinking about knowing what real MAN are like.

Women just dont understand things like loyality, respect and such. They lie in each others face, talk shit about each other behind their back, manipulate and fuck each other over if neccesary.

Thats why women hve drama and men not.

Btw, you wont find that many real MAN anymore. Nice guy androgynus betas everywhere. (And less feminine girls) Thank you feminazis.

>> No.7408511
File: 75 KB, 300x360, 518674.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7408509

>> No.7408519
File: 285 KB, 640x480, Oadd6Zp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7408509
>real MAN

>> No.7408543

>>7407758

No, we just dont give a shit.

You girls flip the shit when you see someone better than you or someone doing a mistake you deem a sin. Then you make a inflamatory facebook post about it, and then you go post about it on tumblr etc.

Us men? We dont give a shit most of the time. You dont like my cosplay? Well good for you. If you give me constructive criticism sure ill take your advice, but i wont go post about how you have raped me on my facebook and tumblr.

Its girls who live for drama and can't let it go. Just look around, how many men are creating or fueling drama in the cossplay world then look at the girls. Sure you might find some douchebag who creates drama, but he gets treated the same way other fucking douchebags.

>> No.7408545

>>7408400

I agree as well, i havent seen many guys creating drama here.

>> No.7408548

>>7408509

While this is a bit over the top, its true that "us men" are less likely to be as insidious as girls. Even with my best friend when we got in a serious argument we got in a fight, and after that all was well. Next day, best friends again.

You girls are fucking scary because you go out on a secret vendetta trying to completely destroy someones life over some banality.

>> No.7408591
File: 37 KB, 600x846, 1392266854476.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7408509
>Nice guy androgynous betas everywhere

Yeah I wish, you know how much easier it would to to cosplay this fucker if that were the case?

>> No.7408597

>>7408591
The gist of this thread:
Ladies - you should stop being bitches and be bro's to each other.

>> No.7408603

>>7407758

You act like cosplaying is some super serious activity. It's playing dress up for fucks sake, 5 years old do it.

>> No.7408610

I have the money to buy the best cosplay. I don't need to sew. You women aren't special.

>> No.7408694

>>7408468
>that con always has the worst crowd out of any con I go to
I hear you on this. I'm hoping this year won't be so bad because it'll be my last con for the foreseeable future.

>> No.7408745

>>7408400
I agree, but if we declare the thread over then the fun stops.

>> No.7408770

Why do so many male cosplayers do that thing where they just kind of flop their wig on top of their head without even an attempt at tucking in their real hair.

I see it so often, even men with short ass hair that would be so easy to tuck away. And they'll just have their wig lie on top of their head like some greasy anime mullet.

tuck in your fucking hair already

>> No.7408771

>>7408770
As a male cosplayer, I almost don't want it to get better. If all these people actually put in effort like I do, then I won't stand out just by having common sense anymore.

>> No.7408780

>>7408771
Why can't you have common sense and good looking costumes?

>> No.7408790

Why would we need to worry about having crazy looking outfits when we can easily find characters that just wear regular clothes? Half the time male characters in anime wear button up shirts and slacks meanwhile I can just wear a t-shirt and jeans if I want to be superboy. Ok sure, there are some really great armor designs a male can wear but it just seems pointless.

>> No.7408805

>>7407758

Now you know how some other communities feel about sub-par contributions by women.

>> No.7408809

>>7408052
>Girls are taught to be catty rather than aggressive

No, they simply tend to be catty rather than aggressive naturally.

Fuck you and your tabula rasa shit.

>> No.7408816

>>7408780
I do have good looking costumes, but they stand out because I don't make stupid decisions when making my costumes. Having shitty competition automatically elevates my good quality costumes to great quality without the work (not that I don't put int the effort to make my costumes as good as they can be).

>> No.7408821

>>7408509
Once again, cracked is here to save
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-manly-things-that-are-going-away-forever/
"manly" just means "it's okay for me to be a misogynist"
all of the masculine must be torn down, as our great leader, the sexiest man on the world (that I wouldn't sleep with) David Wong says.

>> No.7408826

>>7408399
>*tips fedora*
You do realize that it's the MRA/brony/neckbeard/misogynerd/r9k/a/ scum of the internet that wears fedoras, right?

All those articles are woman-positive and feminist-positive. I wish all men were like the good guys on Cracked.com. The only misogynist there who writes for them regularly is Gladstone, but he gets an excuse for being part of the old generation, being a family man, and being Jewish. All other guys had better have their privilege checked by David.

>> No.7408845

>>7408826
m'lady

>> No.7408850

>>7408845
I'm not your lady you fat neckbeard piece of shit. I am your intellectual superior.

>> No.7408852
File: 302 KB, 450x488, 1390678325683.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7408826
m'goy

>> No.7408854
File: 6 KB, 561x454, 1392567810581.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7408850
sure you are, m'lady

>> No.7408860

>>7408854
>>7408852
>starts posting racist reaction pics
Time to go back to /pol/.

>> No.7408882

>>7408850
If you say so, m'lady

>> No.7408986

>>7408850
*curtsies with a fedora*

>> No.7409002

>>7408821
>>7408826
nice b8 m8
To sad such websites even exist. Back in the days idiots had no platform to spout their bs. Must have been great times.

>> No.7409003 [DELETED] 

>>7408239
There are heaps of funny women in the world, and several successful female comedians who don't focus their jokes solely on vaginas. They probably talk about dating issues and diss on men frequently, which is something male comedians do all the time with women, but it's uncomfortable for men and they get upset to be the butt of a joke, whereas women just have a bad sense of humour. If you really think women can't be funny, you're not even trying.

>> No.7409033

ITT:
>"all men do x because I say so"
>"all wimmin do x because I say so"
>"This is just sciencelogic people"

>> No.7409040

This thread is exactly why I'm a mysanthrope and why I will never be a feminist. You idiots are just dividing yourselfs and looking like assholes for no fucking reason. It makes me sick to think it's okay for women to do this because some idiots are abusing feminism. It also makes me sick to see men hating people just because they're women. I'm done with people and everything and it's because of fucks like you. Just stop hating.

>> No.7409083

>>7408694
It's the only con where I ever have negative interactions with people just by passing by them.
It's fucking awful, fun otherwise, but awful folks go.

>> No.7409090

>>7409033
fuck off femnazi

>> No.7409093

>>7409040
Women use what to do?

Some ppl think you're hating women because you say something about their nature which sounds bad or mean but is often the truth.

Reality is, i love women. I love being around them, i love dating them, i love being in a relationship with them.
But Look at the term "women"
Women are feminine.
Many women are not feminine anymore. Ugly hambeasts, super tough manwomen or feminists are not feminine. You cant call them woman.
And if i wanted to date a person with the personality and tryhard look of a man, i could just turn gay.

The feminist movement got what they wanted. They got their vote and their equality. Now they want the fall of mankind and fight against feminity.
They want a androgynous dull and grey world without sexuality (Dont mistake sexuality with erotic).

Manly men and feminine women, thats what sexuality is about and thats what i want and love. The real nature of humankind. The difference of the sexes.

>> No.7409110

>>7409090
yeah, I'm the feminazi when I'm pointing out both sides making ridiculous hyperbolic claims about either themselves (and by extension their group), or about another group as though there's no room for individual to individually have positive or negative traits. This is truly the work of a femnazi.

>> No.7409172

>>7409110
Denying biology as a science is typical Femnazism.

>> No.7409177

>>7408393
The last one there is pretty inspiring if you take it out of the sex context. I'm pretty disappointed in myself and feel like I have no value. Well, I'd have to put that value there. It takes effort to be worth something.
It's like the difference between just not eating and withering, and actually working out to improve your physique. Passive and active.
I say I'm interested in cosplay, but the last cosplay I made was over two years ago. I blame it on money, but how much of my excuse is the effort involved?

>> No.7409210

>>7409177
yes, good goy
take the advice of David Won-goy to heart! you have no value as a human being unless you work for us

>> No.7409225

>>7409172

/sci/ here

>biology
>science

pick one

>> No.7409239

>>7409210
I won't say that everyone needs to live like this. It's more of a personal thing for me. I always have felt better when I'm helping someone in someway, and felt good about myself when I used to have some skills. I kind of got caught up in self pity and took the 'just be yourself' message to mean no self-improvement.
It's harsh to say that one's entire life should be about benefiting others and that nothing is important outside your skills. That's extremist. But the message of, "Don't just sit there and feel bad about yourself, actually do something" is a good one.

>> No.7409249

>>7409225
>/sci/ here
And you say this why exactly? You think that going to a board on 4chan makes your opinion legit?

You are still an American spineless Beta male, who was raised on feminist drivel. Instead of being taught facts in biology since elementary school (as school systems in developed countries do) you had Feminism classes which taught you that Biology is a social construct, men are inferior and responsible for all the bad in the world and that anyone can be anything he wants if he tries hard enough.

Biology is and always has been a legitimate science and one of the main reasons for humanity's progress and survival. Without biology, you would never have been born -- so I guess there are some negatives to it after all.

Those who go against the fundamental truths of biology are the modern equivalent of religious fanatics of the olden days who killed anyone who dared to say that the Earth revolves around the sun.

You are cancer.

>> No.7409262

>>7409249
>>>/sci/6392481

>> No.7409266

>>7409239
David Wong, please go

>> No.7409275
File: 432 KB, 430x577, typical poltard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7409249
>uses the word "feminazi" unironically
>accuses others of being "beta"

My lels are in orbit. Don't you have a "tfw no gf" thread on /pol/ to shitpost in?

>> No.7409280

>>7409275
0/10

I am by far the most attractive poster on /cgl/, as evident by the responses from the females I got when I posted my suggestion chart in the "Suggestions Thread".

>> No.7409303
File: 30 KB, 480x356, laughing-and-pointing-emoticon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7409249
I came here from the /sci/ thread and what I see is purest comedgy gold.

Look at this retard falling for one of /sci/'s oldest troll memes. I bet you also believe 0.999... (repeating) equals 1.

>> No.7409320

>>7409280
Why so defensive? Did I hit a nerve?

>> No.7409332

>>7409249
Biology is not a science. It doesn't use math.

>> No.7409349
File: 165 KB, 780x585, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7409303
Oh my...

Thats the reason you got bullied in school

>> No.7409357

>>7409349
>so much projection

Cry harder, dumbfag. I was the most popular girl in school.

>> No.7409362
File: 79 KB, 1000x664, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7409357
>btw i'm a grill

>> No.7409365

>>7407764
haha, too bad the best designers in the world are male.

>> No.7409369

>>7409362
>muh secret virgin neckbear club
>no grills allowed

This is getting pathetic. Why do you crave the embarrassment?

>> No.7409390

>>7409172
Biology is the laughing stock of academia. Physicists are making fun of it all the time. Thanks for proving that you never attended a university.

>> No.7409403
File: 661 KB, 1922x2592, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7409369
>muh implications
Too bad i'm a non >tfw /fit/izen and dont fit into that category.

>> No.7409407

>>7409172
The only "biology" I see here is the biochemistry of your hurt feelings.

>> No.7409405

>>7407758
Because women make all the drama threads.

>you'll never know what it's like to have a bro

>> No.7409431

>>7409390
>implying medicine either isn't biology or is useless

>> No.7409449

>>7409431
Medicine is a service, not a science. Doctors get paid for having memorized a shitload of facts. They don't need to give a fuck about where these facts came from or why they work.

>> No.7409454

>>7409449
Ever heard of biomedical research?

>> No.7409458

>>7409454
Yes, unlike you I have university education. That's why I am aware of the differences between medicine, biology and biomedical engineering. Stay pleb, NEET fag.

>> No.7409469

>>7409365
top "best" people are male in a male dominated world?
holy shit, am I late to this news stand

>> No.7409480

>>7409458
Yeah, I guess a MSc in medical molecular biology isn't ~hardcore~ enough to be a real science. Sorry.

>> No.7409489

>>7409480
Theoretical physics master race here. Learn your place, inferior bio peasant.

>> No.7409487

Scientist are only good for taking advantage on to make money yourself.

>> No.7409501

>>7409489
>Theoretical piece of shit who's never contributed anything to humanity
>versus Biology, an actual science that has saved lives of billions of men, animals and plants
>possibly the most important science to humankind overall

You are a pathetically shitty troll.

>> No.7409514

>>7409501
If biology is so great, then why hasn't it cured cancer yet? Oh yeah, right. You guys are still waiting for physicists to do the job, because you can't even into math.

>> No.7409522

>>7409514
Because we're waiting until you die of it.

>> No.7409541
File: 22 KB, 816x365, biology problem.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7409522
It is a fact that biology requires less intelligence than physics since it has close to no math. Almost everyone can be a lab monkey and memorize tons of useless terminology. But not everyone can do theoretical quantum physics.

pic related, advanced math for biologists

>> No.7409568

>>7409514
There is a cure for cancer and even AIDS. Big Pharma says you can't have it, take these "treatments" instead.

>> No.7409578

>>7409568
There is also a cure for homosexuality.

>> No.7409580

>>7409541
That has nothing to do with Biology. That's American educational system. In my country, biologists are better at maths than you.

>> No.7409584

>>7409580
What country are you from?

>> No.7409589

>>7409584
Finland

>> No.7409611

>>7409514
>>7409489
>>7409480
>>7409458
>>7409580
>>7409541

Philosophy/chemical engineering double major + MBA + doctorate of juridicial science god race here. Y'all can enjoy sucking my dick for research funding, and dancing like monkeys 'round red tape I draft just to screw you out of relevancy.

JK, guys! But seriously, shut up.

On-topic, I agree with OP. The popular denigration of women persisting in non-mainstream cultural spheres sucks. But it's not surprising given the cosplay community is bonded by commodity consumption, rather than, say, an impetus for social justice.

>> No.7409613

>>7409578
Yeah, mah dick.

>> No.7409615
File: 27 KB, 775x387, science-vs-philosofaggotry.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7409611
>Philosophy

Stopped reading there.

>> No.7409618

>>7409541
Law boy here
The answer is 0.32

>> No.7409628

>>7409618
How did you do this? Can you show steps?

>> No.7409650

>>7409613
I don't think that would work on the boys.

>> No.7409645

>>7409628
Sorry bud, there's only one winner!
Now where's the gold star I was promised?

>> No.7409722

>>7407758

Now you know how guys feel about "Gurl gamerz"

>> No.7409744

>>7409722
Except that most guys will give you shit no matter what you do or how well you do in games. This is the opposite issue.

>> No.7409748

>>7409744

Yeah I suppose.

People that hate on Felicia Day are jealous that she's so smart, intelligent and nerdy.

>> No.7409774

>>7408052
Easily the most insightful comment here and everyone dismisses it as "women are just naturally catty bitches." Not surprised in the least.

>> No.7409790

>>7409774

>people do something bad/undesirable
>they were just "taught" that way

No.

>> No.7409799

>>7409405
>tfw no bro

>> No.7410096
File: 342 KB, 1280x960, IMG038.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this fucking thread

>> No.7410159

>>7409748
Epic b8.

She is literally nothing but a dumb, obnoxious ex-druggie cunt, that panders to the worst cancer of humanity to get her money.

She is a classic case of a 5/10 being promoted to 7/10 (or even bigger in some deluded autists' mind) because women don't play the same video games as men, so the ones who pretend to like them are rare.

>> No.7410357

>>7410096
Fuck off, darkie.

>> No.7410377

>>7410096
I didn't know your photog was MJF.

>> No.7410386
File: 234 KB, 1280x960, IMG203.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7410377
2pro

>>7410357
b-but muh melatonin

>> No.7410407

>>7409040
You have the right attitude. Seeing the divide of the sexes is really sad.

>> No.7410497

>>7409040
Any woman who does not agree with feminism is a sell out slut who can't get a guy normally so she sells her body to patriarchy.

>> No.7410502

>>7409650
not with that attitude

>> No.7410703

>>7410502
Please tell us the attitude it takes to use a penis to turn a boy straight.

>> No.7410856

>>7410703
It takes an ugly penis

>> No.7410943

>>7407758
Ever felt that traps (the ones that are pre-op but on hormones) are NEVER taken seriously by anyone?

>> No.7410967

>>7407764
Sounds like me

>> No.7411250

the thing is a guy can be perfectly competant at sewing but unless they make giant props or armor nobody will ever give them the time of day

>> No.7411258

>>7410943
A true trap isn't on hormones.

A trap is a girly boy who doesn't need operations or hormones to look like a chick.

If it's on hormones, it's not a trap.

>> No.7411257

>>7410943
They're not traps if they're on hormones.... They're trans.

>> No.7411264

>>7407758
OP pic makes me physically ill. Why do guys think this is funny? No one wants to see your hairy fat ass ruin a character.

>> No.7411265

>>7411258
This

>> No.7411278

>>7407758
you mad OP

>> No.7411289

>>7408182
yeah this

>> No.7411293

>>7410703
Check your fucking privilege you basement dwelling chud

>> No.7411297

>>7408350
>Two submissives are constantly trying to do more for the other person and make sacrifices.
that's one odd couple

>> No.7411299

>>7408393
>cracked
rarely accurate

>> No.7411304

>>7409040
I love you

>> No.7411317

>>7410943
Traps are natty dudes.

>> No.7411550

>>7411264
>no one wants to see your fat ass ruin a character
Aplies to all you fatty girls for ANY character

>> No.7411564

>>7411550
Agreed. But fat men get ass pats and laughs, but fat women get ridiculed. Those double standards

>> No.7411777

what *does* a male cosplayer have to do to be noticed other than 10 foot tall armor or props?

>> No.7411818

>>7411777
honestly, I think it's just a difference in marketing. There are plenty of men out there that cosplay at a level higher than your average "tumblr famous" level cosplayers that just don't bother shoving their cosplays in the face of anyone that will take it. I think if men marketed themselves like women do, they'd get noticed similarly to women.

>> No.7412510

>>7411777
Abs.

>> No.7412533

>>7411777
There are a few ways.
>have a cosplay that shows exceptional craftsmanship
>make a good cosplay in which you pull off a popular male character really well
>over the top shit (like massive props, etc)
>be hot as fuck

That's mostly it. The easiest way is to pull off a popular male character really well, because a lot of groups are lacking male members (and a lot of male cosplay is lazy as fuck, with dudes using their real hair, no makeup, etc.) - so you can stand out easily.

>> No.7412537

>>7412533
I'd add basic working knowledge of makeup to the greentext, I feel it's crucial to capturing an audience. Guys can be as competent as they like with the actual costume and wig, but most end up looking disappointingly plain and boring (or even gross/oily) because they don't know how to conceal their flaws and highlight their assets.

>> No.7412935

>>7411777
"Abs" and a non-ugly face is all you need to have sex with the easy cosplay sluts. Note that you don't even have to lift, all it takes is low bf% to make em visible. You wouldn't believe how many easy sluts (even virgins become sluts for me) I have pump and dumped pretending to like the stupid fucking shit those dumb cunts like. There was a time where I could have any seagull I wanted, just by giving her a wink and a smile. ;)

>> No.7412943

>>7412537
I've seen average-tier male cosplayers that could of been so much better if they knew what concealer and wig styling was. It drives me crazy to see guys make their own costume, then do nothing face and wig wise. Makes no sense.

>> No.7412945
File: 64 KB, 400x216, tumblr_muqed7OQUB1qfml4zo6_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7412943

They just don't know what they are doing.
Girls have fake make up to play with as early as age 6. They get bombarded with products as soon as they are 13 and have their first break out. Then for the remainder of their life they are sold products to make them look older then younger.

Dudes don't have to look at or deal with any of that at all. So they are ignorant of the entire culture of makeup and mostly ignorant about hair.

>> No.7412946
File: 93 KB, 640x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7412537
Kind of like this shitty Alibaba? I'm a big magi fan, so when I saw this dude I katsu, it was just meh.

>> No.7412948

>>7412945
But if you're going to get into cosplay, then it's kind of mandatory to learn.

Not all girls are into make up. I actually didn't care about make up until I got into cosplay. Even my three years cosplaying, I didn't wear foundation out of ignorance, but now I know how to contour and wear false lashes, etc.

Gender doesn't make you better or worse at make up. Not practicing make up does. Cosplay is gender neutral, so anyone doing it seriously needs to learn make up.

>> No.7412950

>>7412945
Stop making excuses.

>> No.7413012

>>7407758
It's because they have male privilege. Nothing more, nothing less.

Men are fucking scum.

>> No.7413042

>>7411317
>>7411265
>>7411258
>>7411257
/cgl/ know your enemy 101
>leave traps to men
>deal with trans with full force hatred stakes and witch (?)burning

>> No.7413045

>>7413042
In case men accept traps, then drama, divide and conquer

>> No.7413056

>>7407758
its because females create the drama among themselves.

guys just dont fucking care.

>> No.7413098

>>7413042
>>7413045
W-what?

>> No.7413178
File: 142 KB, 684x884, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7412948
>>7412945
>>7412943
>>7412537
I'm sure as hell wont wear fucking makeup and ruin my skin.I dont even like much makeup on girls. Natural 9/10s are what gets my dick hard, not some bitch with a fake face.

Stay mad that your look decreases after hitting 18 while males increases and increases.

>> No.7413225

>>7413178
>not knowing about natty face MILFs
>thinking all males go through that

You're not gonna get very far with those standards.

>> No.7413232

>>7413178
>Natural 9/10s are what gets my dick hard
Pro-tip: There's no such thing
>males increases and increases.
Keep telling yourself that when you're balding and starting to grow a beer gut, grandpa.

>> No.7413246
File: 471 KB, 1600x1200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7413232
>>7413225
Sure there will be a point even male peek, but thats maybe at age 60.
And sure, only the genetic toptier males will have this.
Looking at my families history, my family and my mirrorimage i have a bright future.

Fun fact: average men can get far in life and aquire good looking partners if other traits fit.
Only goodlooking girls will get far in life.

>> No.7413251

>>7413246
>peek
myseids.gif
It's cool, Anon. You will go far.

>> No.7413258

>>7413251
>Typing on your phone
>what are typos

>> No.7413266

>>7413258
>not proofreading/spellchecking before you submit
>what are 3rd grade skills

>> No.7413274

>>7409349

that guy in the pic has got a point though, a world where the only wars are fought in world of warcraft seems awesome.

>> No.7413332

>>7408094
That doesn't happen because if you called a male a fake fan he wouldn't give a shit since men don't get so easily suckered into long pointless drama bouts

People do it to women because they know they will get a response. Guys don't care if some random person they don't know think they're faking something so pointless

>> No.7413348

>>7413332
They still care. Look at you, mr generalization.

>> No.7413372

simple logic

women are worse to women then they are to men

>> No.7413375

A big part of cosplaying is getting attention from other people, but for guys it's pretty pointless since any chick with a mini skirt is gonna take the spotlight from you.

>> No.7413503 [DELETED] 

>>7413372
And this is only because of the patriarchy, so ultimately, it's all men's fault.

>> No.7413545

>>7412945
Hell I bet most men who cosplay don't even know that there are such thing as stage and photography makeup and assume that male actors and models just go in front of the camera with no prep.

>> No.7413548 [DELETED] 

>>7413503
>muh patriarchy
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬛⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴

>> No.7413563

>>7413246

Unless you have the cash to back it up you ain't gonna be getting shit man

Enjoy being alone for the rest of your life with those standards

>> No.7413642

>>7413372
And that's patriarchy's fault.

>> No.7413978

The thing is most female cosplayers (that make big shit waves online at least) are using cosplay as one of three things

-a way to up their self esteem
-a way to springboard into traditional modeling
- a way to become internet famous so as to get free passes to cons, free wigs, supplies etc. plus a little of number 1

Guys use cosplay for a few things too:
-something to wear to con for fun
-something to evoke humor or parody someone/something else
-something to get to make and carry all forms of badass armour and weapons
-

Girls have more to lose by being made fun of than the guys. They value their "fame" (which I guess if you can call having 1000 FB fans fame then they have it) over friendships, life priorities and generally anything resembling a normal adulthood.

These are the girls who when someone tries to give them con crit they lose their shit in 2.2 seconds and their army of devoted yes men show up to call the person a slew of SJW approved slurs.

When you give a guy con crit, their usual response is a shrug of the shoulders,and theres always next time

These are the guys who would rather go to con in a Sailor Fuku or as Master Chief and dick around with their friends and enjoy themselves over a panel and a beer.

tldr: Girls want more out of cosplay than guys do and so therefore drama follows them.

>> No.7413982

What do you know, women are bitches to women, LOL.

if she gets more attention than you its: omg bad craftsman! omg u did something wrong this sucks!!!!

>> No.7414152

>>7413978
>Guys use cosplay for a few things too:

You forgot

>to get laid

You honestly think there are that many male Free fans

>> No.7414167

>>7408424
>>7408454
>>7408458

go back to chasing the Yellow King, Rust

>> No.7414268

>>7414152
Lol, thanks to you, I don't even have to read her post.

Today, guys use cosplay for one reason only - to get laid. That's it. Everything else are after the fact / ad hoc explanations.

>> No.7414300

>>7414268

>be a dude
>tfw no hot cosplay bf to do stupid cosplays with and make yaoi-crazed fangirls scream

>> No.7414338

>>7414300
Well, I have good news for you- you're not actually gay, you're just one of those spineless Betas who convinced themselves that the reason they're forever alone virgins is because they don't like girls. If you don't have a gayface, you're not gay.

>> No.7414369

>>7414152
>>7414268
>to get laid
>implying you dont want to get fucked too 💏

>cosplay. only for girls, no boys allowed! 👭
>every male cosplayer is a faker! Men enjoying dressing up and acting, pah! 🎭
>men suck at crafting even though since the beginning of time men were craftsmen! 🔨

>buhu, there are no good and hot male cosplayers! 😭

>> No.7414376

It's all about incentives.

Female cosplayers get tons of praise and attention and people stroking their egos. Men on the other hand are mostly ignored.

People don't like to admit it, but they like being noticed. A guy who puts countless hours on some amazing cosplay will feel like shit when everyone would rather take pictures of the girl wearing a cheap school uniform from e-bay.

>> No.7414463

>>7414369
Retarded butthurt MRA neckbeard.

I am the one who said that getting laid is the only reason why males cosplay and I am male myself (not a cosplayer though, because I don't need to become a Beta to get some).

>> No.7414492

>>7414463
>not a cosplayer
>not a lolita
why the fuck are you here?
because girl board?
fuck off, loser

>> No.7414496

>>7413642
>Women aren't as good at things because men won't stop being better at things.

>> No.7414509

>>7414338

yea nope

>> No.7414568

>>7413348
>complaining about generalizations in a thread about generalizations

>> No.7414572

>>7414496
>I'm completely talking out of my ass!

>> No.7414581

>>7414463
Yeah, fuck having fun! That shit's for nerds.

>> No.7414616

>>7414581
Says the fatty loser who would be a permavirgin if he didn't cosplay.

>> No.7414625
File: 12 KB, 258x280, Implying.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7414616
Why can't I hold all these implications?

>> No.7414623

Women are hypocritical bitches
Men want to get laid

>> No.7414633
File: 921 KB, 500x250, 123412938472.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7414616

>> No.7414879

>>7414625
Because it's true, tittyboy. Smoker had more charisma and better looks than you. You still reek off that virgin / comes here to creep on underage girls stench. Pedo.

>> No.7414942

>>7413098
Trans or trap detected. We don't like your kind. If you are trap then you should stick to being fetish fuel for men, if you are trans then leave and don't come back traps are feminine looking naturally, you aren't and hormones won't make you look better or make you be accepted between women. This is /cgl/.

>> No.7414973

>>7414942
So wait, you label everyone who disagrees you as being Trans or a trap?
Oh man, here I am disagreeing with you, I must be trans too.

>> No.7414976

>wont get creeped on

Any remotely attractive male cosplayer gets behavior equivalent to being creeped on. Show some abs and no end of gross women will touch you without permission. You will get weirdos stalking you. Men don't view the behavior the same because there is no physical threat.

I enjoy the women at the beginning of this thread talking as if they know what it is like to be a man.

>no make-up/bad make-up

There is a comprehensive reason for this, check your privilege.

>> No.7415028

>>7409040
fuck people. fuck this earth. fuck you too.

>Going over the Edge

>> No.7415107

>>7414976
>check your privilege.

Because putting on make up regular people even fucking notice is just a social stigma.
I weep for you.

>> No.7415127
File: 218 KB, 1600x1200, 1394205451702.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's because we can take this business with a bit of LEVITY and NON SERIOUSNESS

It's not a war, chill your guts and just have fun. That's how men approach the whole shebang.

>> No.7415128
File: 179 KB, 1600x1200, 1394205556992.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7415127

>> No.7415133

This thread, my sides

>> No.7415347

>>7414942
>>7414973
No, it's more like I didn't know what the fuck they were on about. /fit/+/cgl/=applied /trap/ as far as I know.

>> No.7415362
File: 94 KB, 700x700, demonz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When you see a fat horrible inaccurate male cosplay, its a joke. Even if its not intentional, its funny as shit. I remember one Ohayo there were two Kaminas. One me and my friends reffered to as "Imagiganticfaggot Kamina" and the other was "Actuallygood Kamina". We could be bored out of our minds but if Imagiganticfaggot Kamina rolled around, it was automatically hilarious.

Every guy I've known whose made a shitty cosplay, was very up front about it. They don't go around taking a shit ton of pictures. They don't really draw much attention to themselves. They just want to have fun looking stupid.

>> No.7415448

I thin that's just a sexism thing, like how men are perceived as "funnier" and can get away with outrageous pranks (is Jackass) but if women tried the same thing they'll be seen as "uncouth" and "unlady like" and other dumb shit.

>> No.7415476

>>7415448
You ever seen Girls Behaving Badly? I honestly think if there was a Jackass-type movie with a female cast, it would sell like fucking mad.

>> No.7415486

>>7415448
That's not sexism, that's just the differences between sexes. Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. If you'd wanna ignore the massive gulf of behaviour patterns between them you'd volunteer for being retarded.

Like, this sort of cosplay thing is what men don't take seriously because it has nothing to do with being manly-man competitive, like sports or doing stupidly dangerous things for the shiggles. It's just dressing up, it's just getting styled. And men don't really do that for the most part. Now if you had two guys cosplaying characters with lots of exposed skin and they both lift, that may be a different thing because then they'd get competitive about HNNNNG GO HUGE OR GO HOME and may start going to /fit/ later on to balance that out. But if it's just clothes? Not likely, that's just playing around.

And don't get in my face about me being sexist or learned roles in society gender identity women can be into sports too blah blah. I speak this from experience, if you want men to get serious make it a manly man competition. If it's about girl things they won't stay interested. If there's explosions, violence, muscles or honor to be defended they'll be all over it.

>> No.7415488

>>7415476
no I have not seen Girls Behaving Badly, but I'll look it up. I still foresee a female cast doing "gross things" that men commonly get away with something that would get huge backlash though.

Going back to this thread, I still think even if women purposely cosplayed poorly (ie a woman doing a Capt America, not a sexy version, but a poorly fitted one) they'd be called names for it and get posted here.

>> No.7415491

>>7415486
Tell me more about your inaccurate opinions, anon.

>> No.7415493

>>7415486
Yes. This. Make paintballing a thing in cons. Or better yet, look at larpers.

>> No.7415498

>>7415486
I won't try to argue, I have a cold right now so I couldn't properly retort anyway.

But imagine this: a really rotund woman, over 300lbs, decides she wants to cosplay as Capt America for shiggles. She bought a store-made costume and put it on. While it fits, she's bursting at the seams. She also got a shitty Halloween wig to go with it. Her shield and helmet are accurate enough, and she didn't use too much make up, but overall she looks grossly inaccurate, and if it weren't for the iconic Capt America outfit, she's otherwise unrecognizable as Capt America. She realizes that she looks nothing like Capt, but again, she just wanted something quick and easy for a con she doesn't care about

You're really trying to tell me she wouldn't be chided for it more than, say, the guy posted by OP? Really?

Or compare Sailor Bubba to countless "bad" Sailor Senshi cosplays. I doubt Bubba himself has faced so much as a mean comment, but even good Sailor Senshi will have their outfits torn apart for "inaccuracies". I really just can't sit here and say there isn't some sexism involved in the cosplay world.

>> No.7415499

>>7415491
Certainly. To eludicate:

This board is about cosplaying. It's also entirely anonymous so nobody should be influenced by any outside factors when they post on it (q.e.d.: madness on /b/). So if it's so independent, why is the female ratio so extraordinarily high in comparison to all the other boards?

It's because the subject matter is inherently something that interests chicks more than guys, it's the same reason /fit/ is a gigantic no homo zone and you see a girl posting in a progress thread once in fifty blue moons.

You Amerikaners need to get into your head that being equal in front of the law =! being carbon copies of each other. It's okay to be different, nothing wrong with that.

>> No.7415514

>>7415498
Just like I said: girls take cosplaying seriously. Dudes won't, not on average anyway, and in turn will not be taken seriously unless they put some severe effort in (over a long frame of time too) or were witty about it, like that one fat Mami cosplaying dude.

Not everything that indicates a difference or gap between the genders is sexist. If nature wanted man and woman to be utterly indistinct from one another it would not have made the distinction, then there would only be one gender. But there are two. And if you ever took one look at what hormone imbalances can do to a person or took a look at a cut-up diagram of the male and female body in comparison you could tell the MASSIVE physical differences. Who's to say the mind isn't influenced too? It would be irresponsible, stupid even, to assume so. The mind is for the most part just a passenger in the body after all.

I made my point about manly men doing manly men things further up. If you have big cars, motorcycles, guns, aircraft, violence, muscles, posturing, in short: things that are supposed to yell MY PENIS IS MUCH BIGGER THAN IT ACTUALLY IS!, then you will have men taking it seriously and being taken seriously. Making / wearing fancy clothing is not one of those things, why do you think the jeans is such an evergreen? No man has a Karl Lagerfeld pin-up on his gym wall, despite how extremely successful he is at his job. They may have Rich Piana though.

>> No.7415521

>>7415498
He's trying to say the sexes themselves have different views on cosplay in general. It's not a very guy thing to care about that shit. Women ARE held to a different standard, but only because on the guy end we really don't give a shit.
If there was a graded competition, then yes you can complain. It's just tumblr and /cgl/ though.

>>7415498
>Or compare Sailor Bubba to countless "bad" Sailor Senshi cosplays. I doubt Bubba himself has faced so much as a mean comment, but even good Sailor Senshi will have their outfits torn apart for "inaccuracies". I really just can't sit here and say there isn't some sexism involved in the cosplay world.
WTF? Sailor Bubba was clearly a joke. You know what a good senshi crossplayer never does? LET ON THAT HE'S A DUDE. Why? Because everyone's just going to think it's a joke. No one will take him seriously.
A fat chick doing sailor senshi gets heat because both males and females will assume she's serious about it.
A fat guy doing ANY cosplay? No one will believe he was serious about it. There's your difference.

Is that sexism? Maybe. Does it hurt both parties equally? Well, isn't it really just how each side reacts to it?

Are guys even allowed to say there is something they would have a bigger reaction that girl to, besides a kick in the groin? We aren't allowed to say shit like "Well, in combat sports guys take it a lot more seriously. We react harder to people calling us shit fighters." Some chick is going to get mad over that shit.

>> No.7415625

Do people really get picked on that much outside of this board? I feel like /cgl/ is mostly girls looking to pick on other girls and be bitchy and who probably don't take male cosplayers terribly seriously.

The only time I've seen someone bashed for being unattractive/not a good cosplayer outside of /cgl/, it's been male friends of mine, despite standing right next to female cosplayers of equal caliber in the same pictures, so idk. That's all I've observed outside of /cgl/.

>>7415448
This is all I could think while watching Superbad, how everyone would just be disgusted if the story were about three girls being that, well, disgusting. Though I think there are a few girls making those Vine videos now who do truly ridiculous stuff and are considered funny, so hopefully that's changing.

>> No.7415629

>>7415625
try the three posts above yours for explanation

>> No.7415637
File: 293 KB, 900x559, 1393310240861.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Men aren't as drama-prone and generally don't take dress-up seriously.

that pretty much it.

>> No.7415642

>>7415637
Then why do men shit on bad female cosplayers more than bad male cosplayers? If it were really about not caring they wouldn't take the time to shit on anyone or they would do it equally. It's pretty obvious that someone in a shitty costume doesn't take it seriously.

>> No.7415652
File: 246 KB, 958x842, 1390694617799.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7415642
>Then why do men shit on bad female cosplayers more than bad male cosplayers?
Because it seems like the ratio of actual-sincere-effort-went-into-that-shit bad to ironically-so-bad-it's-good bad is higher for women than men.

>> No.7415654

>>7415642
cause females has boobies and vaheenas. They should look hot no matter what.

>> No.7415655

>>7415642
1. It's hard to tell if a guy is doing it seriously. If we were 100% sure he was, then we'd shit all over him.
2. If we do shit all over him, he's not likely to take it that badly. If he does, it'll be the end of him. And guys know it.

The only "sexist" problems I see is that no one is going to take a male cosplayer as seriously as a female one, and that serious male cosplayers can easily hide behind the "oh, I'm just doing this for fun" when confronted. It's because there just isn't as many "serious" male cosplayers % wise, so it's easier to believe a guy when he says that.

In the end, shitting on a guy really isn't worth it because we don't think he'll take it seriously.

>> No.7415734

>>7414973
What do you disagree on with me? About traps and trans being accepted? We don't want them here on /cgl/. You are not welcome and let the doors hit you on your way out. Stay on /a/.

>> No.7415752

>>7415448

I think it's just a thing where women aren't funny.

>> No.7415753

>>7415498

Fat girls are gross though.

And I have no opinion on fat dudes, cause I am not gay.

>> No.7415790

>>7415734
No, I think you might be in the minority on that one.

>> No.7415941

I think this thread is good enough as evidence that men are fucking scum.

>> No.7416276

>>7415941
>needing evidence for that
It is common knowledge.

>> No.7416422

>>7416276
I think the only thing it proves is how bitter people can be over percieved injustices.

Hey, technically speaking I could go full tumblr on this and turn it the other way around. The fact that men are not taken seriously whatever they cosplay is fucking sexist and you all need to check your female privuledge. I also want to be taken seriously when I show up with a costume that looks like I stepped on a landmine in a Hot Topic and I want to have just as many people bitch me out for it as when some fair lady makes the mistake of tanking a fabric one smidgen too dark or one bit too bright for her hand-sewn Sailor Moon repica. And if you don't you're bigots and sexists and I'll get my tumblr brigade of Mens' Rights Activists on your case to fucking destroy your con, your comm and all of your egos.

The thing is, that's pure distilled cancer. I don't have to be equal in every respect to everyone else or I toss a shitfit. It's okay, I'm a Turk having grown up in Germany, inequality is something you learn to deal with because the world is full of it. It's not necessarily something bad, it just means you need to stay flexible to adapt. The butthurt in this thread is a textbook of example for why you should; because otherwise you can never be happy and will keep whining 5ever about trivial crap.

>> No.7416438

>>7415941
The opposite could be said about women and video games

>> No.7416474

>>7416422
>>7416438
Who let /r9k/ misogynerds here?

>> No.7416476

>>7416474
Did you even read what I posted? Misogyny is the farthest from what I am talking about.

>> No.7416480

That's because in general, women tend to be more judgemental and vicious with each other than men. It's not just in cosplay.

>> No.7416516

>>7416476
>it's not misogynistic if I say so!!
can you believe this shitlord?

>> No.7416524

>>7416516
1/10
Explain your position then. Deconstruct >>7416422, you might actually be a decent ruseman.

>> No.7416533

>>7416524
>implying I read your misogynistic drivel
>implying I will read it just because you want me to
0/10

>> No.7416535

>>7416533
>implying I was that guy
>calling someone out for misogyny
>not reading their post
shiggy diggy did you even graduate troll kindergarten?

>> No.7416536

>>7416535
>he's going all out.jpg
Shitlord please.

>> No.7416538

>>7416422
Agreed.

>> No.7416539

>>7416535
Nice, left my name on.

>> No.7416542

>>7416538
>>7416422
samefaggot misogynerd

>> No.7416667

Come on people, this is a shitposting buffet.

>> No.7416948

>>7407812
This girl gets it. The guys don't give a fuck about looking good. When they want to look good, they make a ms gundam cosplay of some shit. The reason there is no drama about guys on cgl isn't because people here treat the guys with kid gloves, it is because starting drama on guys would have no fricken effect. Basically, all drama bitches on cgl are trolls and trolls are powerless against and audience that doesn't care. Guys are immune to drama involving fashion and looks because those two things are useless to them.

>> No.7416954
File: 2.92 MB, 2536x3712, fedora.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I sense all sorts in this thread

>> No.7416965

>>7416954
oh god my favorite image

>> No.7416970

>>7416954
Why is it the female version of neckbeards do always wear those?

>> No.7416981

>>7416954

Do really expect me to read all that?

>> No.7416989

>>7416948
>Guys are immune to drama involving fashion and looks

Yeah sure, that's why guys never feel insecure about their bodies when they workout and go to the gym

>> No.7417141 [DELETED] 

M E N

A
R
E

F U C K I N G

S
C
U
M

>> No.7417172

>>7417141
What a compelling argument, tell me more.