[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 27 KB, 250x333, 70292_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7386198 No.7386198 [Reply] [Original]

Just thought it would be nice to see what styles and dresses work well for us Lolitas who aren't under 5"4, I know I have some trouble sometimes wondering if something will look good, or even be modest enough if it's quite short! What lengths/cuts/brands work for you?

>> No.7386274

I got a used old BTSSB jsk and it is perfect, exactly knee length. My AP that I got at the same time, however..... mid thigh. FML

>> No.7386294

>>7386198
I'm 5'9 and I still will wear AP and give no fucks, but if you want length Jane Marple and ETC work wonderfully for me and hit me at my knee or just above. Jane Marple dresses even hit me at my waist properly which is fantastic. Innocent world is also pretty great, as is most classic stuff actually (MM, VM, JetJ of course).

I guess I mainly only have issues with AP, Milk or BTSSB not sitting right or being very short on me. Skirts are probably the most problematic, so I stick to JSKs/OPs for the most part.

>> No.7386337

Innocent World long jsks/ops.

>> No.7386390
File: 84 KB, 330x495, V00014_01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7386294
I'm like you, and I love showing off my legs. So I don't mind if a skirt or jsk is a little on the short side (I'll avoid AP mini skirts, but most normal AP is a flattering length). I've never had another lolita call me a slut or get onto me for it, so I think I'm fine.

My problem is always with sleeves. I bought a lovely VM blouse, but it is just longer than 3/4 on me. I've been thinking of altering it so the sleeves are elbow length (with a ruffle that goes a little below my elbows). Just gotta get the courage to cut into such a pretty brand piece.

Blouses in general kind of suck. A lot of them are oddly baggy with huge collars, unless they're made by a classic brand. I desperately need to buy a few more, but I almost never like anything.

I love this one from F+F, though. I dunno if I got lucky, but they got my measurements perfect and it's one of my best fitting pieces. Any other suggestions for custom-sized blouses?

>> No.7386414

I keep measuring constantly when I'm looking for a dress to see what length it's going to be... sometimes it discourages me from buying because the custom pettis would just be too long to look right.

>> No.7386459

>>7386414
Usually anything with a total length above a 96 works fine for me, though more often than not the bodice becomes a semi-empire waist if it wasn't an empire waist to begin with. Good thing I'm flat

>> No.7386462

>>7386274
What BTSSB jsk was that?
None of my BTSSB come at my knees unless petti less, Im 5'4 btw

>> No.7386465

>>7386337
This
Got my IW order the other day and never felt more comfortable. The only way it could get better is if the bodices where maaaybe a bit longer
Tho getting a decent petti for these cuts is a trouble and a half.

>> No.7386473

>be 5'5"
>normal as height can get
>Long ass legs
>everything too short

I've sort of given up on lolita, I've found a handful of dresses that fit me, but with my legs as thin as they are, the poofy skirts look really bad. I stick more to otome now so that I don't have to worry about length so much.

>> No.7386730
File: 11 KB, 234x310, btssb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7386462
No idea. I've been looking for a while, but can't find the name. I'm guessing it's pretty old though. Pic related

>> No.7386814

Can someone suggest a place to get printed tights for tall people? Please no colour lovers or socks dreams, I don't find any of what they offer appealing.

I'd really like to get grimoire tights, eine lilie tights, merry go round tights, etc but am wary of them not fitting the length of my legs or the prints warping.

How do jetj tights fit on us tall lolis? I have some OTK's by them which fit well, but what about their tights?

>> No.7386835

>>7386814
Hanueli is all I got.
If you dont like that well.... Grimoire tights you can convert to thigh highs, since I'm assuming the shortness of the stockings becoming something like drop-crotch pants is the main concern

Down With Clutter had a fab hand-sewn tutorial on how to do it which I've done and tested and works great using some X shaped stitch but she got rid of her site recently...
So heres one inspired by it, but used a machine http://sagemeadow.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/turn-tights-into-kickin-knee-highs/

>> No.7386839
File: 69 KB, 800x596, 11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pic related is from the original hand sewn tutorial I tried, if anyone can figure out the stitch shes using that would be amazing. It's designed to stretch with the leg but not make the sewing fall apart.

>An alternate tut
considermydear @blogspot @com.au /2013/04/ diy-how-to-turn-tights-into-thigh-high.html

just fix the url since 4chan hates blogspot

>> No.7386842

>>7386459
See there I have a huge problem... I'm not DFC and some things look really bad. I try to only go through places that can make it to my needs. But when I do find something that's big enough in the chest I'm afraid it'll be too short because I also have a long torso...
>I cant win

>> No.7386894

>>7386835
>>7386839
Thanks anon, will definitely try this out on a pair of tight I have that are too short. OTKs last longer than tights anyway, so it seems like a great idea.

>> No.7387155
File: 16 KB, 400x281, catch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7386839
it's a catch stitch i think.
it looks like this.
Threads have an article about it. http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/4993/sewing-lycra-blends
and here too
http://www.ia470.com/wardrobe/stitches.html