[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 186 KB, 957x786, waitingroom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7358423 No.7358423[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So, who else is stuck waiting?

I'm not even buying for myself. Damn. I got mine already.

>> No.7358434

Not going, but seriously? SDCC tickets are that hard to get?

>> No.7358435

mmyup

>> No.7358447

>>7358434
Never-ending hype machine. They raised ticket prices again this year to $200 for four days with preview night. Hotels are almost universally $250+ a night. They all know that it's going to sell out regardless of what price they put it at so they are getting as much money as they can. $35 for three hours? One normal day costs $45 minus Sunday which is $30 and still more than three hours.

I don't even know why I go anymore and I am comped.

>> No.7358474

got mine 18min after start, this is the only year that seem to work out for me, I usually get in when all the Saturday passes run out.

>>7358447
not all the hotels, and the onlys one last year that was $250+ a night was both the hotels next to the convention center, hotels on the gas lamp were $180-100 and then anything pass the gas lamp was around $100

the hard rock hotel was about $120 two block away, would have reserved but didn't find out if my request for days off until time of.

>> No.7358475

Okay, finished. As of 9:23 all days were still available. The login page has a blue banner instead of the yellow banner so that tells you when you're up if you aren't paying too much attention

>> No.7358489

got it, time to go back to sleep.

>> No.7358493

>The increasingly popular WonderCon Anaheim 2014, Comic Con’s sister show, takes place in the Anaheim Convention Center from April 18 to 20. Badges will go on sale soon!
christ, it's so obvious they're trying to soften the blow

>> No.7358494

My second badge's window is still waiting. For curiosity's sake.

>> No.7358499

>no preview night

not even worth going now

>> No.7358504

I managed to get mine without much trouble. This year was significantly less stressful.
Unfortunately one of the people I was supposed to get a badge for decided to be a fuckwit and tell my friend they're shit wasn't valid, as opposed to just telling me. The person physically getting their badge for them.
>i'msurroundedbyidiots.jpg

>> No.7358501

>>7358499
only if you're a toystore owner and must have you and your friends buy a dozen of every exclusive at the Hasbro booth. I saw a guy outside waiting for the shuttle who made a fort out of Metroplexes last year.

>> No.7358512

>>7358499
its still worth if you don't have preview, I always hated not getting all 4day especially Saturday.

>> No.7358520

>>7358512
>no saturday
>no double dipping my blastoise costume for the Wondercon and SDCC masquerades

fuck this planet, it better not fuck me. I've been going for 8 years.

>> No.7358519

I think a number might be nice but I guess the random they are using grabs different rooms and does not actually have them in any particular order. It feels smoother than previous years but also sort of annoying in that you have no idea where you are and whether you should just go back to sleep. You're stuck waiting there and could miss out if you don't notice the fact that the page progressed.

>> No.7358531

>>7358504
I agree it wasn't as bad as last year, I went smooth
>>7358519
well I believe to the want to make sure that people understand that random meaning everyone in theory has a fair chance. tho I agree on smoothness of process but did leave a feeling of anxiety hoping that "ticket sales open, aaaand their gone".

>> No.7358538

One side effect of the randomized system is that I'm buying tickets I have no intention of going on just so I can get another shot at next year's tickets.

>> No.7358544

>>7358538
tickets or ticket, because you only need one to qualify for the next comic-con.

>> No.7358546

>>7358544
Ticket but honestly I'm going to make more accounts so I can buy on those too.

>> No.7358550

>>7358520
I've only had the 2 out 6 years where I had always arrive late and Saturdays sold out.

>> No.7358556

According to Facebook they still have all four days, or at least people are still posting that they bought all four days.

My second window is still waiting, heh.

>> No.7358571

"It looks like Saturday badge inventory is running low, we promise to keep you updated. Thank you for your patience while you wait in line. Customers are completing their purchases. Thank you for your patience while we refresh this message every 120 seconds."

I didn't even notice there was a message in the yellow bar.

>> No.7358589

Friday/Sat sold out. This is a glacially slow pace for ticket sales.

>> No.7358618

One thing I've noticed is that it does say "if you manually refresh you will be put in the back of the line." Which, theoretically, shouldn't even matter because the whole thing is supposed to be random and there should be no line. Since there are people reportedly joining late and still getting to the purchase screens before others who have been waiting it does assume to be random. I honestly don't like the system.