[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 633 KB, 1200x1600, bufflerutt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7351385 No.7351385 [Reply] [Original]

Lolita in public thread?

Stories, caps, pictures, good comebacks, whatever.

> classic coord
> walking down sidewalk in front of strip mall
> suddenly bus
> bus full of teens
> herewego.jpg
> leaning out of windows
> yelling
> waving
> adult up front isn't doing shit
> ignore until they're gone

This was on a Saturday. Why the fuck were there kids in a school bus on Saturday?

>> No.7351388

>>7351385
Maybe they were exchange students.

>> No.7351401
File: 25 KB, 256x261, Spengbab.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> crowded mall
> walk in with lolita gf
> more crowded than we thought
> getting jeers, creepshots and we've barely gotten inside
> suddenly, guy in full goth/punk outfit appears
> tophat, platforms, dreadlocks
> tips hat at us
> calls us cute
> mfw

>> No.7351405

>>7351388

Maybe. I thought they were band students or something, but I didn't see any uniforms.

>> No.7351407

>>7351385
Some schools do school trips on saturdays, you know. Usually they're trips to theme parks and zoos though. Kinda like end of term leisure trips.

>> No.7351409
File: 78 KB, 470x691, bedroom.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351385

>> No.7351413
File: 73 KB, 348x363, 1368565782957.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351409

Oh, that's charming.

>> No.7351416

>be walking to go shopping
>in an area where no one gives 2 fucks about lolita
>teaparty becomes unbuckled
>bend over to fix it
>boyfriend says "anon, hurry up, ever since you've bent over, this guy has been staring at your ass"
wut
>"no, seriously, can't blame him, your petticoat makes your ass looks huge, he is staring DIRECTLY at it, at first I thought he was staring at your wear but you know where his eyes are when you're bent over like that"
let me fix my shoe
>guy drives away
>shoe fix
we both ended up laughing about it

>> No.7351420

>at a meet with me incredibly sweet and timid brolita friend (that I have a crush on)
>walking around after
>apparently some guy he used to go to school with sees him and recognizes him after a few minutes
>the guy bursts into laughter and calls my friend a loser and a faggot
>friend doesn't say anything, just puts his head down and walks away
>call the guy a douchebag and an asshole and go to find friend
>friend was crying
>doesn't go to meets with me anymore
I wish I would have punched that guy in the face.

>> No.7351421

I got bored on time and decided to wander around west campus after a meet to see if this sort of crap actually happens (in all pink AP with a pink wig.)

> stifled whispers of what is she wearing
> someone says to their friend 'I heard about this in a documentary'
> Clearly a sorority girl, probably referring to TLC
> homeless person calls me princess
> lady at the pie shop knows what lolita is and we chat
> weird smelly drunk vagrant hugs me and says something to the effect of awwww ye ways up
> cars slow down when passing
> black people saying Damn nigga da fuck
> someone gets a picture with me
> say hi to laughing police officer, he says stay safe

Overall I was amused

>> No.7351424

> be browsing shoes in mall store
> a toddler around the corner's been wailing for a while
> can't find anything good
> walk out, turn corner
> toddler stops crying
> staring
> mouth open
> eyes about to pop out
> stares until we're gone
> starts crying again

Maybe we should have stood there for a while so everyone could have some peace and quiet.

>> No.7351428
File: 20 KB, 283x197, Danny_Devito_eats_steak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> wear lolita out
> "ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE GIRLS FROM TLC?!"

>> No.7351430

>>7351420

Give me an address, I'll go punch him for you.

>> No.7351443
File: 52 KB, 536x400, Obama Laughing 629.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

More or less public, but anyway:

>be me
>wear casual/classic Lolita coords to Uni sometimes
>rest of my clothes is pretty girlish and cute too

>have to do homework for a tutorial
>need to write a paper about medival literature
>deicde to write about sexuality and erotic in medival folk tales because we discussed that topic at a class, and I got interested

>hand in paper to my tutors, a guy and a woman
>go back to my seat; we have to do some work
>tutors look at my paper
>only read the front page with the title only, "Study of sexuality and erotic in folk tales"
>they look confused
>they look at me on my casual Loli outfit, back at the title, back at me, the title, at each other, clearly confused
>You could see their confusion and thoughts on their face -" How can somebody looking like HER write about thatsex or erotic??"
>mfw

dressing in frilly blouses obviously meant "asexual" to them. They have no idea

>> No.7351452

> be me
> at aquarium with lolita gf
> in dolphin room
> old man with stroller walks up
> "Is this for religious reasons?"
> nah, we just like dressing pretty
> "Well, I remember when girls dressed like that. Ya'll are lovely. God bless"
> old guy saunters off with stroller
> nicest old guy ever

Alternately:

> go to petting tanks
> looking at sea urchins
> ask worker the rules for petting the animals
> she sneers
> "Well, you wouldn't be interested, but you can pick up the urchins and pet the sea stars."
> roll up sleeves
> pick up urchin
> pet urchin
> put urchin back
> grin at her
> sanitize hands because urchins are fucking nasty

>> No.7351455

>>7351428

I mentioned before how theres a boy I like at work and I showed him a few pictures of myself in lolita. He actually wasn't too put off though he did bring up the My Strange Addiction episode and I gave him a quick rundown of why that was a bad representation of the fashion then, much to my surprise, a few days later he said we should swap numbers.

Well, I'm a waitress at a very popular chain restaurant to keep things in perspective, and one of the other girls showed a lot of interest in the fashion so I showed her a picture of a really cute lolita wearing Cherry Berry Bunny and she was like 'oh, is that the girl from the episode?'. For a second I was stumped and then I realized she was talking about Venus Angelic which confused me even more since the lolita I'd shown her was Asian but I proceeded to tell her how that was a skewed version of the fashion and how Venus isn't even a real lolita. She actually agreed that TLC had probably made things seem worse than they really were to make it more interesting and strange.

On one hand I feel like this entire episode is a plague that we can't escape from but on the other its also giving us a chance to actually educate people on why that was a bad representation of lolita so I dunno'. I still curse TLC for their shortsightedness though.

>> No.7351461

>>7351443
That's always fun yes. I wear the most conservative classic lolita in daily life (nor prints, longer dresses, never show upper arm nor tights because of personnal preference) and I'm into BDSM.
I never mix the two, sure, but it always make my partner giggle when someone call me a prude.

>> No.7351462

>>7351452
I would of looked that woman in the face, and touched the hell out of that urchin and been like
"I am SO interested in touching this urchin, you don't even want to know lady" all while touching the urchin

>> No.7351468

>>7351462

> touch urchin
> hold urchin
> pet urchin
> become urchin
> roll into the sea to continue a new life as urchin

>> No.7351485

>>7351461
High five! Im into very kinky sex but my preference of dress is classic and sweet. I dont get prude comments but i know everyone is thinking ageplay or so sort of fetish whenever im in sweet. I definitely dont mix the two. I do have a fantasy on taking the dominatrix role while in loli though.

>> No.7351488

>>7351405
Could have been going to a competition of some kind. I used to do indoor Tournament of the Bands as a majorette, we'd just pack all of our costumes in our bags and hop on the bus in PJs or some shit.

But, our coach would NEVER have stood for us acting like shitheads like that. Nor would we have done it in the first place.

>> No.7351490

>>7351468
>make friends with other urchins
>start urchinlita trend
>in cool small group of urchins in urchinlita
>tell story about "that one bitch"
>roll to aquarium en masse
>cranky staff woman sees urchinlitas rolling her way
>screams
>as she's being buried in urchins with bows on, she remembers
>she remembers that day

>> No.7351495
File: 4 KB, 302x237, 1354509806266.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> get stopped by mall employees
> they're asking questions, no biggie
> they mention TLC
> explain that the girls shown weren't really lolitas
> explain that it's just a fashion, not a lifestyle
> they ask for picture
> let them take picture
> "As long as you don't post it and call us 'dolly girls' or some shit."
> one of them makes a sour face
> "Oh...we'll delete it, then."
> mfw

>> No.7351503

>>7351485
I want to try shibari soon, my boyfriend and I are looking for shibari cords in pleasant color, so we ended up having them matching my wardrobe, it's cute. I think he likes that I look really maiden-like, kind of a fantasy I guess.
I'm more on the 'victim' side tought. Glad to see other lolitas into kink !

>> No.7351504

>>7351485
Do it! I've tried it before and it was was worth it. Just keeping any waist ties or lacing loose.

>> No.7351507
File: 426 KB, 250x232, Leo_wins_an_Oscar.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351504

> mfw I use spare waist ties for soft bondage

>> No.7351516

>>7351462
>>7351468
I am literally crying from laughter.

>> No.7351518

>>7351495

What the actual fuck?

>mall cops
>in charge of integrity

>> No.7351522

>>7351462
Or:
>"I am SO interested in touching this urchin, you don't even want to know lady"
>Eats urchin.

>> No.7351528

>>7351504
I want to but my play partner isnt much of a switcher in roles. He likes to dom . Maybe i scared him when i mentioned im into CBT. Totally learn shibari. Its not too difficult. We bought our ropes from a local vendor that sells hemp rope of various colors. Very soft and highly recommended. Havent tried suspension yet.

>> No.7351532

>>7351518

Well, when I asked them not to post it with that crap tagged to it, I was kind of just joking around. Now, I'm sort of miffed that they made us stand there and talk to them for about twenty or so minutes and were still planning on posting it like that, even after we explained that it wasn't the same thing.

I don't know if she deleted it; she said she was going to, but hey, you never know with the kind of people that'll hold a conversation with someone and then post their picture for strangers to laugh at.

>> No.7351539

>>7351409
What a cunt. I don't think my most normal fag friends would ever talk like that. Even the ones who I'm more like acquaintances with and are the party types.

>> No.7351543

>>7351528
Ow gurl, my partner wouldn't like CBT at all, he is super sensible and more of a dom too.
I really want to try it yes, boyfriend want me to wear it under my prude clothes, it can be fun. I'm afraid of fucking up the knots tought, so I'll make sure to really practice a lot.

>> No.7351547

>>7351543
That is also a fantasy of mine. If you do that, make sure to use only natural colored rope or nylon because dyed rope can rub off and stain your clothes.

>> No.7351551

>>7351547
Ok thanks ! I bought three colored ropes, two still untouched while I practice simple knot and self-tying with another one, I'll make sure to find a non-dyed one.

>> No.7351614

>>7351420
I wish I could send punches and hugs through the internet, fug.
Does your friend still wear frills? I hope it didn't turn him away

>> No.7351618
File: 270 KB, 691x750, hwonk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351490

>> No.7351626

>>7351618

fucking saved

>> No.7351736

>>7351416
>bending over so that your bloomers and ass show from under your skirt
What
Bend your knees and keep your back perpendicular to the ground. Don't bend over.

>> No.7351740

>>7351736
But then your dress could hit the nasty street, and you could get it all dirty and gross.

>> No.7351743

>>7351740
If you scoop up the excess fluff from the back and gather it between your knees and chest, that shouldn't be a problem

>> No.7351750

Might have told this one before but here goes:
> Walking around in casual lolita
> Walk by a businessman and a well-dressed lady who are talking to each other
> They notice me
> Seemingly startled
> mfw they back up against the wall they were leaning against
> woman yells: OH NO IT'S ONE OF THEM!
> mfw they run away from me as fast as they can
At first I thought they were acting childish to mock me, but they seemed legit scared. Still don't know why.

>> No.7351751

>>7351618
>hwonk

>> No.7351760
File: 184 KB, 500x566, missus ruin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351750
>> woman yells: OH NO IT'S ONE OF THEM!
They obviously have dealt with a lolita gang/hitman

>> No.7351773

>>7351750
When was this? Maybe they thought you were a living doll.

>> No.7351798

>>7351773
4 months ago, so it can't be because of TLC.

>> No.7351811
File: 4 KB, 269x188, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Doing my grocery shopping, wearing lolita. Have a meet afterwards.
> Head to toe in white and pink with blonde twin tail wig.
> Random woman spots me, face like *pic related*
> Starts following me around the store. Whenever I look back see her grab something of the shelf and pretend to read it.
> Weirded out, go to grab some cheese.
> Woman makes a move and stands right next to me, also picking up cheese.
> We lock eyes, smile to her lightly.
> Her face *pic related* asks "So, what's with the fetish gear in public little girl?"
> Confused and creeper out, explain to her what I'm wearing, where it comes from and my plans of the day briefly.
> Woman hold cheese to her face and the pulls out a note pad.
> MFW, gives me her phone number.
> "Well if you ever feel you need a mummy to take care of you, just give big mama a call"
> Licks the cheese.
> HOLY SHIT.
> Leave the trolly, leave the store, call people at the meet, tell them what happened, show up early.
> Never go to that store again.
> Put her number in the bin.

The rest of the meet was mainly jokes about how she must have thought I was an age player of something and everyone pulled that creepy face and licked there food whilst staring at me. Never laughed so hard in my life, good friends.

Never saw her again. Hope I never do.

>> No.7351845

>>7351811
That is terrifying...

>> No.7351857

>>7351811
That plot twist

>> No.7351859
File: 308 KB, 388x380, 1371584843895.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351614
He doesn't. The last time I saw him he was wearing a hoodie, had his hair in a ponytail and had unkempt facial hair (which I would have never even guessed he had). He had the dress he last wore on his mannequin, normally that's where he puts new projects.

>tfw when I fucking suck at talking to people or being emotionally supportive
I think he's hung up his frills for good.

>> No.7351874
File: 54 KB, 315x320, 1386434395849.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351811
I.... I may have to ask to you to dig out that number from the trash and give it to me.

>> No.7351904

I've never had any bad experiences with people outside of the fashion, honestly. Sometimes I'll get some confused looks, but for the most part if anyone approaches me about what I'm wearing they say things like, "You look so elegant/beautiful/etc!" or "Wow, I love your look!". Then again, I only wear classic and I don't go OTT unless it's for a con or something. I stick to tartans and florals.
One time there was a really, really tall black man who was dressed head-to-toe in Southpole that came up behind me saying "hey, hey you! girl!", and when I turned around he got really shy and quietly said, "uhhh...you look...really nice" and then turned around and walked away, hahaha. Everything went better than expected.

>> No.7351922

>decide to go out alone in DDC because fuck it
>first time wearing lolita not at a meet, convention, or with friends
>try to keep it casual because this is a first for me
>stares, stares everywhere
>dirty looks included
>still feeling good because this was a dream dress and I was excited
>walking to car from outlet mall shopping
>I'm short with round baby face
>suddenly concerned woman, maybe in 40s, looking like a retired soccer mom and old woman I assumed to be her mother approach me
>"Are you okay, are you lost, where are your parents, do you need some help?"
>deer in headlights mode activated
>was right next to car, thankfully
>quickly tell them I'm fine but thank you, get in car, drive off
>avoid eye contact with them as I pull out
>can only imagine the look of confusion on their faces as they stood there staring
It felt awkward as fuck. I don't go out in lolita for anything but meets/cons anymore.

>> No.7351925

>>7351618
From the thumbnail, I thought that hwonker was an axe.

>> No.7351927

>>7351922
But anon, they didn't do anything, this wasn't scary at all. Be brave, you can totally wear lolita as you want !

>> No.7351967

>>7351485
How do I meet a lolitadom?

>> No.7352051

>>7351922
I'm sorry but I laughed imagining their reaction. You shouldn't get discouraged though, the only way to get more confident in lolita is to just wear it and fuck all. Nothing can stop you from being fabulous.
I can totally relate to being short, babyfaced and constantly questioned about age.

>> No.7352125

>>7351922
>DDC
>Casual

>> No.7352196

>>7352125
XD

>> No.7352263

>>7351859
Have you tried talking to him? Just being supportive etc?

>> No.7352265

>>7351750
Maybe they just encountered some rude lolita before?

>> No.7352270
File: 17 KB, 236x236, weeping.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be me, waiting alone for a friend in an artsy part of town
>Wearing head-to-toe black classic
>Check Facebook while killing time
>See a post on the profile of a friend who dies a few months previous, her dad had been using it to update her online friends about her funeral proceedings, etc
>Today's update was a photo of her headstone
>Other side of the planet, public, broad daylight, do not care
>Commence Ugly Sobbing
>...
>no seriously, pic related
>two businesswomen walk past, one comes over to me
>"Excuse me, are you okay?"
>mortified, expecting questions about whatever play I'm supposed to be advertizing
>Fuck it, I'm just gonna be honest.
>Woman listens, hands me a tissue
>"Are you gonna be alright? I don't like the idea of somebody crying alone."

>mfw she actually treated me like a person and was kind

Thank you, mysterious businesswoman. You really helped, I'm grateful to you.

>> No.7352555

>>7351736
what? my skirt was long enough to cover things, my ass and bloomers didn't show at all?

>> No.7352559

>>7351811
I'm laughing so hard because I'm just imagining that face on a woman

>> No.7352607

>>7351468
>>7351490
I love you, anon. I'm dying

>> No.7352617

>>7351443
Recently had someone I follow that runs a dom blog on tumblr send me an ask along the lines of, "I never thought someone like you would follow me!" what does that mean?? That I don't seems like the kind of person that would like sex? I post myself in lolita pretty rarely, and the rest of my blog is borderline raunchy. I was so confused. He continued to try to pull conversation from me for a bit, until I asked him if he was hoping a few kind words would turn me into his frilly sub. He hasn't been back.

>> No.7352623

>>7352270
>she actually treated me like a person and was kind

oof, right in the feels

>> No.7353011

>>7351485
Go to the new brony pay dating site and form a herd.
Rule with a frilly iron fist.
Someone should...

>> No.7353778

>>7351420
Aw, now I'm sad

>> No.7353793

>>7351618
Are we the only lolitas,
who are urchins?

urchin lolita is the new trend

>> No.7353833

>>7351468
hahahahahahahahahaha

>> No.7353836

I don't think I've ever seen any public lolita in my entire life living in the UK.

>> No.7353862

>>7353836

Where you at, gurl?

>> No.7353863

>>7353862
*Guy. Sorry to disappoint; I'm just interested in lolita/o, although I'm too scared to actually try and get a coord together.

Uni in Liverpool
Home in Birmingham

>> No.7353900
File: 329 KB, 500x261, lookintothewind.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7353863

>lives in rugby

>even less chance of seeing a wild rori

>tfw

>> No.7353901

>>7353900
thats not my pic wtf

>> No.7354251

>>7352270
Oh man. I'm really sorry about your friend.
I agree with >>7352623 btw, feels were had.

>> No.7354288
File: 372 KB, 280x210, whirr.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Still searching for the loli I saw walking near my house last June. I tried Tumblr, the NYC comm, nothing.

If you're a petite black lolita who recalls walking in Brooklyn wearing a mint and white coord on the 6th of June last year, I'd love to talk...

>> No.7354291
File: 605 KB, 400x400, wee.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7353863
i live in birmingham
i'll find you soon

>> No.7354553

>be a brolita
>walking through the park talking to my loli friend
>speaking to her, I have a deep voice
>bald, middle aged white guy approaches
>guy asks me how i walk in my high heels
>ignore him cause he's coarse
>continue walking
>lifts my dress and petticoats from behind revealing my bloomers and screams "HE'S A MAN, BABY!" as he runs
>starting b'awwwing cause I've been harassed
>call the police
>fill out a description with the police
>police says he's the same person who been engaging in public exhibitionism in the same local park

later that day...
>read news article about this person online
>get a phone call from a local news station
>want to interview about a "young, local drag queen speaks out" about the man engaging in lewd behavior in the park

>> No.7354571

>>7354553
jfc

also you should have done the interview omg

>> No.7354580

>>7353011
So you're saying she should be a... Frilly filly?

>> No.7354585

>>7354291
Also brummy. Helloooo.

Are you going to the meet on saturday?

>> No.7354618

>>7353863
>>7354291
I'm from Birmingham too!
Other than at meets I've only seen a lolita once in Brum, before I started actually wearing it myself.

>> No.7354631

>>7354618
I saw one once running to the train station about two years ago. I was on my way to work and she seemed to be hurrying for a train, so I didn't have time to stop and say hello.

There's a fair few people who wear lolita who go to Birmingham uni though, I've seen one or two on campus regularly.

>> No.7354634

>>7354580
Please
yes

>> No.7354648

>>7354631
I wish I'd stayed in Birmingham for uni!

>> No.7354744

>>7351811
Was she ugly? What did she look like?

>> No.7354795

>>7353011
*Rule with frilly iron HOOF

if we're going brony get it right anon XD

>> No.7354824

>>7352617
hahah good job at shutting him down anon- I can't stand most male internet doms

>> No.7355373

I had a weird experience the other night. My cousin wanted to go to this bar, and I agreed. I was already wearing classic lolita, but she told me not to change because it was cute. So I go to this bar in my frills, having an okay time, when this guy approaches me. He tells me that he just saw a girl in the same dress. I get really excited because, holy shit, my lone lolita self is twinning with someone! I look around for her, but the guy tells me that she must have already left. I mention it to a couple of other people who were there before I arrived, but none of them have any idea what I was talking about.

I will find you, other lolita!

>> No.7355374

>>7354553
>want to interview about a "young, local drag queen speaks out" about the man engaging in lewd behavior in the park

Depending on the opinions of your area and who is doing the interviewing, this might be a great opportunity to humanize brolitas, show what kind of harassment happens, and do be fucking beautiful on screen.
Or it might be a "wow look at the freak" fest, calling you by the wrong things (I highly doubt you consider yourself a drag queen, am I right?), bad dramatic voice overs, and having them use 3 seconds of your voice files.

So it's kind of a Russian Roulette

>> No.7355393

>>7354618
>>7354291
>>7354585

Where do you guys get your meetup info from?
It's 4 AM so it's probably not the best time to ask this.

>> No.7355461

>>7355373
He probably saw a peek of you earlier but was too drunk to realize it. That's why he thought there were two of you.

>> No.7355485

>>7355373

You are really, really stupid.

>> No.7355878

>>7351811
Oh my god I am fucking dead. Who even licks cheese in the fucking store? How does someone even think that would be remotely erotic????

>> No.7355903
File: 64 KB, 500x375, lzwUH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7355878
this guy

>> No.7356052

>>7355485

If I shoved coal up your ass, would it become a diamond? Lighten up.

>> No.7356066

>>7356052
how else do you think she gets all her brand?
she's known as diamondshits around these parts

>> No.7356107

>>7355393
'Japanese Lolita Fashion Midlands UK' on fbook.

>> No.7356116

>>7356107
Cool. I'll take a look.

>> No.7356121
File: 30 KB, 435x395, bruce_lee_holding_mr_saturn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7356066

> diamondshits

>> No.7356145
File: 38 KB, 400x414, beans.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> be me
> loli with loli gf
> just out for some shopping
> middle-aged tourist-y lady runs up
> asks us for a picture
> hangs around to ask about our clothing
> talk with her for a bit
> lady points to gf
> "By the way, are you a man?"
> gf lowers voice
> "Aww, I thought I passed well enough this time."
> lady looks relieved
> "Oh good, I thought you two were gay."
> mfw

>> No.7356151

>>7356145
so, are you brolita?
if yes, you should of said so.

>> No.7356163

>>7356145
She thought your girlfriend looked like a man? But that would mean that she thought you looked like a woman, unless you are lesbians?

>> No.7356177

>>7356151
>>7356163

We're lesbians. My gf's taller then me and really thin.

>> No.7356335

>>7356052
>FerrisBuler.avi

>> No.7357133

>>7356177
ugh, I fucking hate this shit.
"oh, they're tall, dressed out there, and are flat chested! must be a man, right?"
"let me ask if they are a man to their face!"

no. no. NO. FUCK NO.

>> No.7357161

Once, a vendor walked up to me at an antique fair and said, verbatim

> "Are you one of dem drag queens?!"

I was wearing classic lolita, I'm quite petite at 5'0, and I was 17 at the time. Also I'm a girl. Not even a brolita. I was, and still am, very confused. also I was a bit insulted...

>> No.7357168

>>7355461
He didn't seem drunk and he approached me pretty quickly after I came in. I guess it's likely he was lying, he was kind of weird. He kept casually touching me and then implying I was fat...I'm pretty thin actually.

>> No.7357171

>>7357161
I'd laugh my ass off if he genuinely thought no girl "this day'n'age" would be wearing something that modest and fancy. So he only had one other group to go to: drag queens.

As an aspiring brolita, am I contributing to the problem?

>> No.7357175

>>7357171
Of course you aren't.

>> No.7357176

>waiting for the train to go home
>standing by myself minding my own business, wearing sweet
>a group of girls walk by me and one of them screeches
>'THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN'
>all laughing at me
>'is it? i take it you're selling tickets?'
>girl that shouted throws her half-empty cup of i have no clue (maybe coke?) at me
>kinda saw it coming and manage to step out of the way to where the drink only splashes at my shoes and tights

well, it could have been worse and i did wash my tights and shoes off fine when i got home.

>> No.7357186

>>7357171
you aren't. the problem is, people are fucking retarded.

>is this a costume?
>this must be some sort of sex thing, right?
>ah! I get it, you're a drag queen! they dress flamboyantly!

>> No.7357196

>>7351421
are you ugly?

>> No.7357207

>>7357196
lets assume everyone here is average looking, so you don't come off as a total jackass saying things for shock value

>> No.7357214

>>7357176
Nice comeback, at least

>> No.7357249

>>7357168
Sounds like a PUA trying to "neg" you. Implying that you're fat/ugly or that your fashion sense is common/bad are things they say in the hopes you'll sleep with them. Not joking, google that shit.

>> No.7357259
File: 685 KB, 600x450, kawaii rori urchin ddesu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351452
>>7351462
>>7351468
A little bit like this?

>> No.7357258

>>7357249
this. Some men like to put females down saying shit like , "youre so fat and ugly, no one will ever want to be with you, let alone touch you, but i will if you let me". Barf.

>> No.7357264

>>7357259
Your shoop convinced my bf that urchins are indeed kawaii.

>> No.7357269

>>7357249
I've had this happen to me a couple of times, it's the most pathetic thing. I was dragged into a club by my roommates a while back and this balding man in his mid-30s comes up to me and goes "You look too nerdy to be in this place! Hey, don't make that face, it's a good thing!", and then went on to say how he liked my frizzy hair (I'd been caught in the rain on the way in). All it did was make me feel even more out of place than I already did, does this shit actually work on anyone? Polite sage for no lolita story.

>> No.7357273

>>7357269
I think it does work on women that have their self esteem shot and loathe themselves .

>> No.7357280

>>7357269
People with more severe issues about being accepted and liked might fall for it. Someone who thinks most people would never like them, and then has a random guy both reinforce that belief but then say "I'm the 1% who likes you" might start feeling desperate enough to play into it. I hope to god they wouldn't, but you never know.

>> No.7357279
File: 968 KB, 500x352, 1369177332074.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This one was a little weird:

>on train in lolita
>lady starts asking me questions about contact lenses to make her eyes look doll-like
>I don't even wear contacts
>wat

This happened at least a year before the TLC show, so I dunno what she was thinking or maybe my irises are just really huge and fake looking and I didn't realize it.

>> No.7357284

>>7357280
Sounds like girls who stay in shitty relationships because "at least I have a boyfriend" and they don't think they can do any better. It's pretty sad.

>> No.7357285

>>7357279
>TLC

The bane of lolita's everywhere.

>> No.7357292

>being bored

What else besides sea urchins is kawaii? I wanna try making a print.

>> No.7357311

>>7357292
nothing, only sea urchins are kawaii enough.

>> No.7357326

>>7357292
do a unique animals of the woodland print. stoats, voles, moles. harvest mice would look cool dangling off vertical stripes. maybe a kestrel or a tawny owl, their big eyes and dainty beaks are kawaii as hell.

>> No.7357323

>>7357292
Blobfish is pretty kawaii

>> No.7357325 [DELETED] 

>lolita meet up in large city
>there is always a group of teenage scene/emo brats (yes we still have those) somewhere who do this whole "fuck I'm not the most alternative person in a three mile radius anymore" reaction
>their faces when they see us

>> No.7357329
File: 58 KB, 402x500, 1311948270220[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>lolita meet up in large city
>there is always a group of teenage scene/emo brats (yes we still have those) somewhere who do this whole "fuck I'm not the most alternative person in a three mile radius anymore" reaction
>their faces when they see us

>> No.7357332
File: 62 KB, 504x504, blobfish_by_yongharn-d33akcj.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7357323
dropped pic

>> No.7357343

>>7357171
It was a woman who thought it, actually. And she was pretty young compared to most of the vendors, so I have no idea....she had a really thick southern accent, if that means anything.

>> No.7357347

>>7357292
Starfish, coral colonies, sea slugs (spanish dancers yoooooo), anemones and jellyfish- kawaii animals that don't have 'faces' and should be on your print

>> No.7357348

>>7357343
>southern accent

the deepsouth is full of stupid

>> No.7357353

>>7357348
Being a Louisianian, I'd want to argue. Alas, I cannot. The people down here are football heads who hunt and bitch at you if you don't go to church every day of your life.

>> No.7357368

>be 17
>wear casual lolita to the mall (blue skirt, teaparties, brown wig, white blouse)
>walk into hot topic
>guy behind the counter has a giant rainbow mowhawk, tons of peircings on his face, typical gawth wear
>shouts at me the second I walk in
>"Hey little bo-peep! lost your sheep?!"
>entire store laughs at me, this guy looks really proud of himself, smug as hell

"oh, you know, they went straight up your ass, along with the rest of your dignity."
"mind telling me who your manager is? I'd like to let them know what that the human pincushion's behavior lost him a customer"

>look of sheer horror comes across his face
>"u-uh, they're out"
"oh don't worry, I can wait. not in this store though"

turns out their manager really was out, but when I came back a different day I told them exactly what happened. they gave me a coupon and apologized on his behalf.
I haven't seen that guy working their since.

>> No.7357370

>>7357368
*there.
fucking autocorrect

>> No.7357371
File: 81 KB, 500x212, shine bright like a diamond.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7356335
I had to I am so sorry

>> No.7357697

>>7357249
What the fuck I just googled this and I'm fascinated and disgusted. The line about nose wiggling, he said that exact same thing to me. I'm glad I blew him off.

>> No.7357822

>>7357264
Glad I could help.

>> No.7357877
File: 2 KB, 405x28, ch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7355878

>> No.7357892

>>7357368
10/10
What sort of employee, at hot topic no less, thinks it's ok to say shit like that. What a little bitch, good job getting even.

>> No.7357893

>>7357368
GJ. Nicely done. Can't believe you'd get that in a Hot Topic of all places!

>> No.7357939

>>7357368
>human pincushion
I didn't get it at first but ohoho that is clever!

>> No.7357992

>>7351416
So your boyfriend didn't say anything to the guy staring into his girlfriends ass.
You got a good one anon

>> No.7357994

>>7357992
I was wondering why he wasn't buckling her shoe for her, actually.

>> No.7357995

>>7357992
he was in his car? what was he supposed to do? march up to the car, and be like
"excuse me, I saw you looking at my gf's petticoat bump"

>> No.7358001

>>7357994
you know what, I'm going to ask him this next time

>> No.7358007

>>7351420
>cried

what a pussy, and you want this guys dick?

>> No.7358010

>>7351420
Thats because you both know hes a gay faggot.

>> No.7358045

>>7357992
>>7357994
Yea your bf seems very beta and distant towards you. My bf usually does the shoe/bow for me, and he puts himself in the line of vision if he catches someone looking at me inappropriately and glares at them.

>> No.7358049

>>7358045
>wow someone other than my bf looked at me!! good thing my bf is so protective of that!

>> No.7358057

>>7358045
>better start shit with people for no reason to make myself look manly cause im usually such a bitch!!!

Pathetic.

>> No.7358081

>>7358049
>>7358057
So much sand. It's not like he went up and socked someone in the jaw for no reason, it's just being considerate in a relationship and when you're out together. I do the same for a friend or fellow lolita, it's just strange he'd tell you about the thing without helping in any way (with the shoe or the staring).

>> No.7358173

>>7354580
I snorted laughing at that.

>> No.7358175

>>7357368
Yes, finally! Someone who actually does something for once instead of going "I was too horrified. I went home after that"
You're awesome, anon!

>> No.7358176

>>7356145
Hahaha I would of had some witty comeback . What a bitch.

>> No.7358178

>>7357186
Yeah, people who can't fathom wearing anything not found at H&M or Walmart.

>> No.7358180

>>7358045
Same here. It's not kawaii to be like "oh well some strange creeper is staring at my gfs ass"
And you better be damn sure I'm buckling my gfs shoe for her. It's just the right thing to do because she'd do it for in cosplay or other outfits

>> No.7358228
File: 802 KB, 1000x1500, pets urchin .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351452
Hard core lady, when you first posted that grandpa story a while back I thought I was super cute, urchin trumps it though.

>> No.7358235
File: 212 KB, 245x138, tumblr_lgjxrv466U1qafrh6.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7351401

>> No.7359508

>attend school near mall
>always hang out there after waiting for bf to pick me up (he works down the road, no sense wasting gas)
>see lolitas wandering around at least once a month
>none of them seem to be in local fb group
>tried to ask one younger girl what print she had on once, she got super flustered and couldn't remember
>im sorry im scary

Lolitas of the Clackamas Town Center, please don't freak out if a weird tall lady in black is eyeballing you something fierce!

>> No.7359531
File: 278 KB, 500x333, 1391922949696.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7354824
male internet doms + lolitas = utter bullshit always.

>several years ago
>be about 20
>look about 17
>be on unrelated forum (not cosplay/lolita, not kink either)
>few dudes on there, usually ignore me cus they assume I'm underage
>post a lolita pic to "what do you look like" type thread
>suddenly my inbox is full
>"oh anon you look so innocent and corruptable I didn't realize how cute you were :3333"

>> No.7360545

>>7359531
haha I get the opposite
>look about 17
>be 20
"uh, how old are you?"
>"21"
>inbox is suddenly full

I guess 21 is the age where people feel less creepy about talking to you?

>> No.7360643

>>7360545
>I guess 21 is the age where people feel less creepy about talking to you?

This. When I was 17, some guy that I met at a meet kept messaging me and offering me dresses to go to events with him to piss off his ex-girlfriend. I said no, of course. He kept trying to chat me up, though. One day I get a message.
> "Why do you act like a child? Well, more like a teenager. You know, still asking your parents if you can go places, needing rides."
>"Uhm, I am one."
>"What? You told me you were 21!"
>"I never said that, I'm 17. It's right there on my profile."

He proceeded to get all defensive about coming on to me before, saying it was my fault, etc. But hey, he never talked to me again! That's a win for me.

>> No.7360672

>>7352617
how would someone get you to e their sub? also post FL page

>> No.7360675

I used to be pretty excited about wearing lolita in public when I first got into the fashion. Now that I'm more skilled and have a larger wardrobe I feel overdressed going out to places. Am I the only one who feels this way?

>> No.7360772

While in sweet lolita yesterday, I sort of got into a fight. My wrist hurt like a bitch when I went to my aunt's place. My uncle thought I had bruised my wrist, so he took me to the hospital.

We had to wait more than three hours before I finally got help. Everytime I saw another doctor, they were so surprised to hear the reason my wrist hurt. Like they didn't believe I could fight.

One of the last doctors to check my wrist was really enthousiastic to see my outfit. She kept talking/asking about it. Then apologized for making me wait even longer.

When I eventually came back at my aunt's place, I found out I ripped a bit of my dress during the fight.

>TL;DR
>Sweet loli got into a fight, had to go to the hospital for a bruised wrist. Got some funny reactions and ripped a bit of her dress.

>> No.7360875

>>7360772
wait, what was the fight? Why did you skip over the most interesting part?

>> No.7361000
File: 2.42 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7360875
Because it's kind of difficult to explain. I'm not even sure if I should call it a fight. It's difficult to type with my bruised wrist and English isn't my native language, so my apologies for any mistakes!

I went to the cinema to see Frozen with my sister and my nephews. My dad was supposed to pick us up, but he never arrived. Three hours later he arrives at home, super drunk.

He starts to act mean towards my four year old sister. Forcing her to come with him to someplace else. I have no idea where, but he eventually was trying to "lure" her by saying there would be a little dog there too.

I'm not accepting that, take my crying sister out of his arms and calmly explain him that she doesn't want to go. He starts threatening me that he's going to punch me in the face.

I put my little sister on the couch and I try to talk to him. He eventually pushes me out of the way, throwing me onto the couch, which kinda hurt too.

He starts pulling on my sisters arm and keeps annoying her. I jump up and punch him like crazy. Words didn't seem to reach him, but my punches did. He got mad and left.

My aunts and a few uncles came to my home really quickly. My sister and I stayed at my aunt's place.

I'm not sure if I did the right thing, so I feel really conflicted. But despite that, I'm sort of okay right now, so don't worry!

>> No.7361037

>>7361000
What? The way you explained it your dad sounds like... I don't know - a pedo?

>> No.7361039

>>7361000
You did the right thing.

>> No.7361056

>>7353863
I'm in Liverpool! As far as I know there are only about 3 girls here who are lolita and they all wear it pretty much exclusively to meets.
I know a few girls in Birmingham as well, there seems to be slightly more there than here.

>> No.7361067

>>7361000
A good rule is to never punch with more than half your strength barehanded. You end up damaging yourself. Find a simple object that can stand it if you need your full strength.

>> No.7361104

>>7357176
This would possibly get you punched, but I wish you said afterward, "wow the circus doesn't seem to train their animals to behave well"

>> No.7361149

>>7361037
Now that you say it, it kind of does. But he isn't, I think? He just really likes to be the boss. So whenever someone says he can't or shouldn't do something, he pushes his way. Kind of like a stubborn child.

>>7361039
Thanks for the reassurance Anon, currently trying to find a way to fix this mess at home.

>>7361067
Thank you for the advice! I'll definitely try to remember that next time, I really acted on an impulse.

>> No.7361279

>>7357329
hahaha I can just imagine their reaction and thoughts inside. There are people who are even more alternative than we are?

>> No.7361291

>>7353863
I'm from Birmingham too, have saw a few Lolita's around at the vintage fairs they hold every few months.

>> No.7362511

>>7360772
>>7361000
>>7361149
Your sister is very lucky to have you, Anon. You did the right thing. Stay safe!

>> No.7362525

>>7359508
>tried to ask one younger girl what print she had on once, she got super flustered and couldn't remember
>im sorry im scary
Maybe they aren't in the facebook group because they're kind of nervous in general?

Whenever I see a lolita in public while I'm wearing lolita, no matter what she looks like, it usually goes like this
>oh my gosh, look at her!
>I should say hi
>oh god don't look at me
>what if she smiles at me
>what if she says my coord is nice
>I should say hi
>she seems nice
>oh god don't talk to me
>be my friend
>runs away

The couple of times that people have approached me saying they know what lolita is, I kind of just melt and fluster and can't form sentences. I haven't had a lolita approach me before because I usually run away before they have a chance

>> No.7362540

>>7361000
Hugs hugs hugs! You are a fucking awesome sister and here's hoping shit gets straightened out!

>> No.7362950
File: 26 KB, 500x280, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7362511
>>7362540
Thank you kindly. I'm going to talk to a lot of people this week. I guess I just really want my sister and I out of here. My aunt wants us to come live with her, here's hoping I can make that happen.

>> No.7363044

>>7361000

My dad was an alcoholic. They do stupid thoughtless things around kids, even if they don't mean to, like leaving them out in boiling hot/freezing cold cars while they go somewhere to get alcohol, pass out behind the wheel in a parking lot, get into car wrecks, you know, aside from being mean and physically violent. You did the right thing, no drunk should ever have a child in their care. When a man or a woman gets drunk, they LOSE any rights they have to care for a child in my opinion. Again: You did the right thing Anon, and if your dad ever sobers up, I'd bet a pair of AP wristcuffs that he'll agree.

>> No.7364228
File: 33 KB, 480x320, tumblr_mk8lu7kXrD1qj88rjo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7362525
>see lolitas in public
>omg theyre so cute
>i should say hi
>i should compliment their clothes
>i should ask if theyre in the local comm
>but wait
>i'm in school/work clothes
>i have lingering bits of bleach/hair product/salon gunk on me
>they will think i am crazy
>they will think i"m some gross ita
>we will never be friends