[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 273 KB, 600x583, 1390748506681.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7342948 No.7342948[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Can we have another feels thread?

>go to doctor for fatigue, probably anemia
>surprise, you have pinworms!
>absolutelydisgusting.jpg
>doctor notices my bitten nails, says it's probably from chronic nail biting
>everyone needs to get dewormed because of me
>mom gets pissed off and gives my lolita away
>tells me "maybe next time you'll spend that money on hand sanitizer"
It's not even like I wanted to have disgusting parasites. I'm already squeamish about germs as is.

>> No.7342957

jesus christ I'm never biting my nails again.

>> No.7342960

>>7342957
Seconding this.

>> No.7342962
File: 402 KB, 420x360, 1325184631632.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

holy shit im so sorry anon, that sounds awful.

>have friend
>friend likes someone
>i feel sad about it
>HAD crush on friend
>thought i got over it
>i dont think i did
>i think i just put it on the backburner
>mfw
>ah fuck

other;
>love to cosplay
>took big break to get my life in order and get healthier
>working out, eating well, working on getting healthy and skinny for it
>making great progress!
>not where i want to be, but average enough to start getting into cosplay again
>bought a sewing machine, ready to dive in
>even wanting to get into lolita
>i can fit into most brand now
>feeling great
>look in mirror
>face
>face is shit mode
>realizes no matter what i do with my body, my face will always ruin it
>mfw

>> No.7342963

>gives your lolita away
WHAT. That's... horrible! All of it?

>> No.7342970
File: 94 KB, 1205x881, 1389947379991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7342948
>mom gets pissed off and gives my lolita away
wat she gave away $200+ dresses?

>> No.7342975

what an asshole. it's not your fault you get a fucking parasite.

>> No.7342977
File: 24 KB, 276x283, 1391303089504.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7342948

> gives my lolita away

You killed her, right?

>> No.7342979

>>7342963
I only have accessories left, unfortunately.
I'm just happy it's easily curable. Apparently, they're more annoying than dangerous and you can go around not even knowing you have them. I gotta say that's a terrifying thought, though.

>> No.7342980

>>7342962
I highly doubt this.

>> No.7342981

>>7342970
Apparently they are considered trash by anyone else in the family because they didn't earn the money for the dresses.

>> No.7342982

>>7342979
I think you should give away some of her clothes

Say its for letting you get the pinworms because she is such a terrible mother.
Because logic.

>> No.7342993

>>7342982
Oh god if I knew I wasn't gonna get shit for it for years I would totally do it.
I might just do it, I don't even care, just want my loli back.

>> No.7342996

>Go to anime convention
>Trying real hard to be social and normal after becoming a awful fatty due to 5 year long depression
>Looking as cute as a fatty can look with pretty makeup, perfume, hair done up, whole nine yards
>Get asked out by one of the qt3.14 dealers
>Play it off cool but freaking out inside
>Text eachother after con, trying to get to know the boy
>Friends next to me helping me not look like an autist fuck, helping me with some things to say
>Start getting worried since answers are very short and convo is one sided
>Doesn't text me for two days after
>Say fuck this and text him before going to work, want to get to the bottom of this
>Play it off cool, 'Oh hi qt dealer! How was your day?'
>Get a reply an hour later telling me he doesn't want to hurt me but I was a technical rebound, whatever the fuck that means. Says he never should have gotten my number in the first place because he's not ready to date again after getting his heart broken two weeks ago or whatever.
>'Oh yeah, that's ok I understand.'
>Delete number. Whatever I didn't want a qt anyway.
>Break down crying in my car on the way home from work

>> No.7343001

I feel so terrible for you anon I hope she didn't get rid of too much and that you get better real soon. It sounds like your Mum has quite serious control issues.

>> No.7343009

>>7342996
That's a shitty thing to do, don't worry anon I'm sure you'll find someone else!

>> No.7343013

>>7343009
Thank you. I know I will, I'm a lot better now, but damn did that burn.

>> No.7343015

>>7342993
do it. i mean, or at least confront her. Throwing away your things is uncalled for, especially for such a stupid reason.

>> No.7343019

>>7343001
I don't even see the big deal about it. They're completely harmless aside from being gross and making your ass itch. Take some pills, wash some clothes, I was relieved it wasn't cancer or diabetes or something.

>> No.7343027

>people getting mad over parasites anybody can get
That's like getting mad over ringworm or headlice.

>> No.7343055

>>7342948

It's more like pinworms are notoriously highly infectious and will get into your digestive one way or another (you don't wash your hands properly, you idly put your fingers to your lips after touching a table full of greasy kids). A lot of elementary schools have pinworm rampages - it's possibly one of the most common parasites you can get in the western world. Your doctor is assuming a lot to pin it on your nailbiting, it could be anything really.

Also your mom is terrible for giving away your clothing. I can't believe she did that over pinworms.

>> No.7343060

>>7343027
Stupid people get mad over a ton of things they shouldn't, especially if it inconveniences them.

So sorry about your wardrobe, anon

>> No.7343061

>>7343027
not OP, but I had them as a kid and so did a lot of my friends. I also had lice because kids in my class did, and honestly my mom was more concerned with the lice.

I can't stand theatrical shit like that. All the "eeeeewwww, you're gross! don't come near me!" reactions about normal-ass stuff that everyone gets like yeast infections or mono.
Most of the time the people doing it are probably disgusting swines themselves overreacting because they're scared of what people will think of them.

>> No.7343066

>tfw friends all suggest a character to me, saying I'd be perfect for her
>like the character, want to cosplay her
>except for the fact that she wears sandals and I have disgusting feet
;_;

>> No.7343068

I had that when I was little. Just wash your hands often.

>> No.7343095

>>7343061
I feel the exact same anon, at school people used to joke about yeast infections/make them out to be the worst thing ever and say things like how gross it was/I'd never date a girl like that. After highschool I started to get recurring yeast infections, and the misconceptions people have about them are horrible. That women with them are unclean or whores. It's quite sad.

>> No.7343094

Oh god I didn't even know of the existence of pinworms.
>mfw OCD with mysophobia
I have an appointment with my GP next week and I'm going to ask them to test me on worms holy shit I just read that 20% of the general population is infected.
I'm freaking out here oh god.

>> No.7343100

>>7343066
what? Just cut your toe nails and wash em. What can possibly be gross about feet?

>> No.7343104

>>7343094
dude, it's nothing really. They're really small.

>> No.7343108

>>7343094
>>7343104
What 04 said. They're also itchy as fuck so you'd know if you had them.

>> No.7343106

>>7343094
Do you scratch your ass all the time, especially at night?
Have you stopped eating or eat less?
Do you have diarrhea?
If none of these things, you probably don't have them. Relax.

>> No.7343110

>>7343100
They're big and I have squished in toes. I'm sure they're not THAT bad, they just personally bug me.

>> No.7343113

>>7343106
I'm positive I have them I'm such a pathetic hypochondriac I wish I never read this post

>> No.7343115

>>7343094
i had them before, i could see them wiggling around in my poop and my butt always felt itchy. honestly though, they just consume the stuff you were going to shit out anyways so other than being annoying theyre pretty harmless. dont freak out lol.

>> No.7343119

That feeling when no cutie pie cosplay girlfriend.

>> No.7343120

>>7343113
I am too, I always feel like a retard panicking about things I read about online. Go play something and relax, you aren't pathetic at all.

>> No.7343134

>>7343113
everyone scratches their ass at night though

>> No.7343135

>>7343113
Dude, it's really not that bad. You're not going to die or even be hospitalized, you'll just be itchy and you might lose your appetite, at the absolute worst. And if you wash your hands, specifically under your nails, often and possibly clean your butt, you'll be fine even if you do have them.

>> No.7343140

>>7343095
I know this feeling all too well! I get yeast infections every month or two from eating any starches, beer, or bread whatsoever. I know it seems like a simple fix: just stop consuming those things, but to cut all of them completely out of my diet would be expensive and sad. :c I don't even drink beer or eat much starch, just some toast or noodles or rice every now and then...

>> No.7343143

>>7343135
don't tell a hypochondriac to wash their hands often! Jesus.
Just wash em every time you come in from outside your house or after using the bathroom ofc.

>> No.7343147

You should inform your mother that using hand sanitizer doesn't prevent pinworms from spreading.

>> No.7343149

>>7343095
my then-toddler cousin one once
whores my ass

>> No.7343150

>>7343149
got one*

>> No.7343154
File: 41 KB, 160x160, t0943.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343147
Yeah, it really doesn't. Pinworms are an actual little bug, not a germ. Sanitizer is for germs. You need soap and water to physically wash them away.

Still rude as shit to throw your dresses away. I'm not a loli but I know how expensive those things are.
Plus as we've been saying, pinworms aren't that bad even if the whole family has them. They're probably one of the easiest parasites to get rid of.

>> No.7343165

>>7343140
Poor anon it's sad to here that you suffer from this too. I hope one day you can live yeast infection free. Yoghurt and probiotics are supposed to help. After months of treatment not using bath bombs or having baths etc they went away but then returned after months of antibiotics to treat a recurring throat infection.

>> No.7343166
File: 101 KB, 392x500, 3508439399_fab030ceed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gained a bunch of weight from birth control shot (Depo-Provera if you're interested, I can't recommend it enough if your future plans are to be fat while simultaneously having trouble keeping down food and having migraines and losing bone density!)
>96-81-104
>Can't fit into any of my cute clothes, least of all lolita
>Feel disgusting all the time
>Frequently consider cancelling plans with friends and family based solely on the fact that I feel uncomfortable with being seen in public
>Finally off the shot and losing the weight, albeit slowly

I just have to remind myself that it took a year for me to gain 40lbs, it'll probably take about as long to lose 40lbs... r-right? It'll get better, right? I'm not stuck in this... disgusting fat body forever?

>inb4 a million diet and exercise plans - already on one from my doctor, and I actually have lost 5 lbs and a couple inches off my waist already, I'm just frustrated that it's not coming off faster

>> No.7343177
File: 38 KB, 500x318, 1384007176565.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw chronic nail biter

God dammit, I don't need another stress to add on to my life. Is there any other option to relieve tension short of killing myself?

>> No.7343220
File: 71 KB, 250x250, 1330569376642.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7342948
>biting your nails

that is disgusting you should feel ashamed OP

>> No.7343231
File: 95 KB, 450x338, 1331777503578.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>never cosplayed in my life
>new friends encourage me to cosplay
>we're all cosplaying from the same series as different characters
>I made two good friends, that like the same things.
>wonderful friendship

>> No.7343275

>>7342979
jesus now you've got me all paranoid about pinworms and shit oh god is that my butt itching oh god oh god oh god

>> No.7343279

>6/10 guy with low self esteem
>all the cosplays I've done are cringe thread worthy
>going to Katsucon in a few weeks
>join facebook cosplay group for a photoshoot meet up
>realize there's pretty good cosplayers them
>some of them cosplaying the same character as me
>feel inadequate knowing that there's going to be someone doing a much better version of the character I'm cosplaying as and I'll probably end up getting pushed to the side

>> No.7343285
File: 1.83 MB, 300x220, 1388358964016.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343177
weed, knitting, watching horribly depressing documentaries, maybe get a cat or something.

>> No.7343296

>>7343279
Dude don't focus so much on that kind of stuff. Just focus on having fun and talking with people at the photoshoot. That's what I did, granted I had to force myself to do it. But my circle of friends has totally grown, not by alot but still. Just give it a shot.

>> No.7343309

lol wtf pinworms aren't even that big of a deal

>> No.7343321
File: 24 KB, 120x130, no.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

TFW fluffyrabidkitten likes one of your posts

>> No.7343354

>Moving to university very soon.
>Will have to leave partner, and most of my belongings for six months.
>Can only take 20kg bag, not sure if I should take all of my lolita clothes and not much normal clothes or leave some of my dresses behind.
>Range of emotions concerning leaving, very sad about leaving partner and being in a ldr again but excited about uni and attending lolita meets again.
> I've been a lone lolita for awhile but I plan to attend all the meets I can partially so I can distract myself from being lonely and missing my boyfriend.
>I'm also a bit unsure of what my roommates will be like/how they'll react to lolita, will I make friends?
> Will I get on with the comm members?
> Who will tie my waist ties now?

I'm feeling a bit sad and a little nervous. Does anyone have any advice or is moving away soon.

>> No.7343371

>>7343354
You could introduce yourself to the online community, as well as your roommates. I think it would help more than just to jump into their meets. Maybe you can slowly introduce your roommate to the idea that you wear frilly clothes - start small with wearing generally girly things, lolita can be saved for when they're used to it and for going out.

I'm curious as to where you're moving to. I'm sure that some folks here might know a thing or two about their rep or the people in it.

Also, here's a post on packing:
http://egl.livejournal.com/19544850.html

As for making friends, that's all up to you. I managed to make friends my first year of transferring to a 4-year university because I took initiative to go out on weekends and get involved in projects, but know people who didn't and said that their experience at the same university sucked because they didn't try.

>> No.7343382

>>7343279
You sound like me, I don't have a lot of money so most of the cosplays I make are quite shabby. Yes there will be people who will look better, the point is you have fun, and you try to get better.

>> No.7343399

>>7343231
are you me

>> No.7343411

>>7343371
Thank you for the suggestions. I have been a member of the comm before only for a few months it's just a whole lot of new people joined although there are a few girls I've maintained friendships with online. In regards to room mates I definitely would except I don't know who my roommates are as it's student accommodation. I think I will do exactly what you suggested I wear Gothic and Classic and have a few toned down outfits so I'll take it easy at first.

Thank you so much for the link.

I'm glad you made friends, and I do understand it's about being involved. I think O Week activities and living right across the university might also hope. I do have a few friends in the city I'm moving to although a couple are living elsewhere for now. It probably won't be so bad I think it's just the worrying now.

>> No.7343410
File: 123 KB, 500x384, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>boyfriend finally fucks me while in armor cosplay
>tfw my helmet fetish is finally satisfied

It feels so fucking good.

>> No.7343439

>>7343166
Shit anon, I'm on DP and I'm a-okay.

I felt ill while my body was adjusting to the new hormone levels, but I expected that because I always got sick around the time of my period, or any other time when my hormone levels were fucked.

My doctor told me that usually bad side effects like that only happen if a person already had issues, it would just make them worse. So if you had to watch what you ate before, it would be more difficult to keep from gaining weight, etc.

Maybe you just reacted to it really poorly.

>> No.7343466
File: 175 KB, 402x479, wil_itaia1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw only two cosplay friends that live even remotely near me
>one is really sweet and reliable but cant sew for shit or do her own makeup so I have to do everything for her
>the other is a pretty decent cosplayer but also a complete jackass
>at a convention this year she lost her badge so I offered to share mine
>ran off with my badge without a word of thanks
>comes back 6 and a half hours later
>i have been sitting in the lobby doing nothing
>she owes me over $50 at this point
>has borrowed several wigs and costume pieces from me, hasn't returned shit
>borrowed some burando of mine because we're around the same size
>spills concealer all over it and it takes hours to get out
>i drive her to every con and photoshoot
>i do photoshoots for her because I actually have experience with photography
>not a word of thanks
>she doesn't even credit me for the photos because "lol we're friends right XD"
>suddenly started hating me about a week ago
>several of my convention friends who live further away asking me if I did really weird shit like have an orgy in an empty panel room
>apparently she's been spreading rumors about me to all of my friends that don't even enjoy her company in the first place

>mfw

>> No.7343491

>>7343061
Not everyone gets those things in their lifetime. If you were infectious I wouldn't want you to come near me. Shits gross.

>> No.7343520
File: 25 KB, 375x526, 1349668068348.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343466
Wow what a cunt, I would have punched her in the vag a long time ago. You are too nice I would rather have zero friends than shitty ones.

>> No.7343582

My grandma is a amazing lady. She taught me how to sew and even helps me with my costumes. Never judged me and would always be happy I was having fun. More loving and in my life than my mother. She has terminal cancer and is what everyone thinks is hours away from dying. Im just sitting here in her house with my family and I can't sleep and I'm close to a break down

sorry about this. Everyone is asleep and I'm very closed off emotionally and I just needed to talk about this somehow.

>> No.7343583

>>7343439
I really did, and the worst part is that my doctor didn't even properly look at my medical history for most of that year and kept dicking me around with "well try exercising/counting calories!" so I'd count my calories without changing my diet, 1000-1200cal/day every day, exercising 4-6 times per week. Still kept gaining. "well maybe it's your antidepressants, lets try upping your adderall" Did you even look at my antidepressants? They're both listed with side effects of weight LOSS. And on and on with other inane "I don't believe you're not a fat cow sitting on her ass all day eating bonbons" suggestions until FINALLY right before the new year she took the time to look at my medical history, how I'd been basically the same weight give or take 5 lbs since I was 14 up until the very month I started the DP shot, at which point there was a steady and unwavering incline to my weight.

I mean I'm glad we figured it out because I was seriously one more poorly-disguised "stop being a lazy fat person" suggestion away from just starving myself, but FFS if they had looked when I first came in complaining about weight gain we could've stopped this 10lbs in instead of 40.

>> No.7343592
File: 117 KB, 585x625, sadfeel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343321
>mfw

>> No.7343598

>>7343166
Why would you even get the Depo shot? Birth control pills and shots mess so much with a woman's hormones, faking pregnancy , it's not even worth it. Dear gods

>> No.7343604

>>7343166
>tfw bf keeps nagging that I should take birth control
>doesn't believe birth control would make a woman gain weight

These weight gain stories are so sad and I don't want to fall into the rut..
I'm sorry for what you've gone through. I hope you can lose the weight quickly.

>> No.7343608

>>7343604
Not everyone has that response. It really does differ from one person to another. I'd be more worried about the other side effects, if I were you (increased chance of blood clots and son on).

>> No.7343615

>be girl
>Have friend
>we cosplay together and both like ouji/lolita
>start crushing on friend
>whut
>i don't even like girls
>write it off as me being a retard
>we move apart
>still have all kinds of feels for her
>she comes to conventions to cosplay with me
>gives me wonderful gifts
>oh god what do
>try to tell her how I feel
>become master chef
>spaghetti everywhere
>still afraid to bring it up in conversation

I don't even know, man. I can't even consider dating other people cause I can only think about her and how I don't even know if I have a chance cause I don't even know if she likes girls. And if she does like girls, does she like me? And if she doesn't like me or girls in general, will this destroy our friendship? I wanna dress up with her in lolita and have tea in the garden while reading all of our doujin...

>> No.7343614

>>7343604
>tfw every time I switch birth control, my boobs get bigger
>they stay that way
>also spot almost constantly on every bc
>the patch isn't working out for me
>afraid to switch again

>> No.7343616

>>7343583
I switched doctors last time something like that happened, I hope you still aren't seeing the same one if that's the level of care they give. It took some time to find a doctor I like that actually cares and I don't hate having to go to and the funny thing is the doctor I see now was a couple of floors below my old one.... oh and apparently plenty of folks are transferring down now too.

>> No.7343620

>>7343604
Just take a low dose pill like tricyclen lo. I was on it for a few years and it had no side effects. I had to stop taking it though because my hormones got all fucked up from stopping and restarting( super long periods). On a higher dose now abs the only difference is .5" on my bust

>> No.7343623

>>7343604
I didn't gain weight on BC but it killed my sex drive. Ask him if he's prepared for that possibility.

>> No.7343626

>depressed for as long as I can remember
>last year hospitalized for clinical depression and suicidal ideation
>best friends of 5+ years never visited me
>a few months later decide they no longer want anything to do with me even after I promised to go to therapy and take my medication
>have always gone to ACen with them
>this year is the first time going to ACen without this group
>sad and scared shitless

help

>> No.7343628

>>7342981
UHM THATS BULLSHIT???

>> No.7343632

>>7342948
Biting your nails + getting infection doesnt mean you wash your hands too little, your finger nails cover the opening to a soft, warm, delicious squishy part of your fingers (aka. the nail bed) and thats how infection comes in.

It hurts to hear this anon.

>> No.7343647

>>7343626
can i hold you for a really really long time

>> No.7343655
File: 405 KB, 500x375, 1391329743224.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>birthday at the end of the month
>usually have party but i'm not feeling it this year due to not having many friends anymore
>have made a few college friends last year
>we all get together one day
>was about to mention my birthday but then-
>"oh yeah the con is in a few weeks right?"
>convention is on my birthday
>completely forgot
>clam up

>couple days later
>talking to one friend via skype
>mention the con and ask about the cosplay group they were doing
>"Yeah it's too bad you can't come."
>I never said that
>mfw

To add insult to injury heres a bonus story, non /cgl/ related:
>still living with parents while in college
>mention birthday to them
>Mom: "Who cares about your birthday? You're old enough to go out with friends."
>Dad: "We're going to be leaving for europe that day so you can have the house to yourself to throw a party."

>> No.7343659

>>7343604
Seriously. Don't start bc. It is the worst thing you can do to your body. Once you mess with your hormones, it's hard to get them stabilized again. Please research how harmful bc is for women. I'm serious. I gained weight and grew so much facial hair. I was only on it for a year. I'd rather have a guy use a condom because bc is seriously dangerous to your health, especially long term.

>> No.7343661

>>7343626
I kind of feel you there..

>Suffer from a lifelong depression
>Get boyfriend, slowly starts feeling better because I'm with someone who actually gives off the vibes that they enjoy having me in their life
>He reveals after a few months that he hates all of my friends
>Really like him, avoid all friends at conventions from there on out and only spend time with him
>Depression gets worse and worse the more I realise that he probably hates me as well
>He breaks up with me and it is later revealed he was just using me for sex among other things
>Going to a con in a few weeks
>Not on speaking terms with him any longer
>Friends that I have not spoken to in the time that I was with this guy aren't going either cause they can't afford it
>Am socially retarded, anxious, suicidal and depressed as all fuck
>Have spent a lot of money on hotel and transport and refund is not an option for neither
>Have to solo my first con ever while making it a mission to avoid this psychopathic fuck of an ex boyfriend
>Am the most vulnerable and miserable that I have ever been
I'm honestly not looking forward to this..

>> No.7343665

>>7343094
I've had them twice in my life time when I was younger. They aren't even severely harmful, really. They just make you a little bit hungry and a bit fatigued and can easily be wiped out with store-bought medicine. You won't even need to go to the doctors.

If you're that worried about it, just buy some pinworm meds. You take one tablet, then after three or so months, I suggest you take another to kill off any eggs that might have been laid.

>> No.7343669

>>7343647
pls do thank you anon

>>7343661
I'm so sorry. People don't know how to deal with people like us so it's easy for them to walk away. And our lives are better without them even though it may seem like it isn't. You are strong and can make it without them. It will be hard but you can do it. I believe in you.

>> No.7343670

>>7343285
>weed
Edgy

>> No.7343686

>new dermatologist decided to put me on Accutane
>taking birth control is mandatory
>tfw I've never been on BC before and I'm reading this thread

I don't want to lose my small boobs or get more hair than I already have...

>> No.7343688

>>7343686
Why would bc be mandatory?

>> No.7343689

>>7343686
It's okay anon, side affects vary for everyone. BC really helped me, my boobs got bigger, it made it easier for me to lose weight, and reduced my cramping. I also no longer have surprise periods and my teenage acne cleared up (idk if that was from birth control or just being happier).

>> No.7343693

>>7343598
Thanks Dr. Anon, I never knew!
>>7343659
Birth control isn't only used for preventing pregnancies, you know.

>> No.7343696

>>7343688
okay its stupid but like with accutane if you DO get preggers apparently your baby will be like the mom in FMA when it like comes out of the bucket like all gross and broken . you also have to get like monthly blood work if im not mistaken. thats how it was for my friend.

>> No.7343699

>>7343582
Sorry to hear about your grandma anon, I'm sure sewing was something that brought you two together, and it's always hard to lose a loved one.

I'm sure this doesn't help much, but try and think of all the good times you guys had together, and maybe stick with sewing/costumes in honor of her!

>> No.7343701

>>7343693
Have fun with your shit hormones

>> No.7343703

>tfw no convention friends
>tfw when going to every con alone
good thing i enjoy my own company. id be lying if i said it didnt get lonely every once and awhile though.

>>7343661
you can do it anon!

>> No.7343705

>>7343686
DP-anon from above. Just so you know, I've been on birth control for years, including the Depo shot, I switched off of it because I was having some issues with ovarian cysts that we thought was related to the shot but turned out to just be a constant in my adult life (woohoo fun times). It was only when I switched back onto it last year that I had any problems. I've been on a number of different pills and the DP shot and the worst side effects I had prior to the last year was spotting for sometimes a really long time. Please don't be afraid of using birth control if you need it or want it for whatever reason! My experience is a pretty abnormal one and so is hairy-anon's.

>> No.7343708

>>7343626
Hey anon, I'm going to ACen maybe we can be friends! What are you cosplaying there? I always hate seeing people alone at cons!

>> No.7343707

>>7343696
Boy, all this stuff sure sounds safe. But I guess I'll just take it and never question my doctors.

>> No.7343710

ugh, birth control

>start getting sharp pains in right side of abdomen if i move
>thought it was cramps at first but realized i wasn't even near my period
>just deal with the pain for a while, hoping it'd get better
>nah, pain just increases steadily
>start getting fevers almost every day
>missing too much class, just start going to school with fever and popping fever medication when i feel too shitty
>at one point 105 fever and can barely move because of abdomen pain
>go to doctor
>says it might be appendicitis
>aw fuck no, hell if i'm getting surgery
>go to three other doctors
>finally get ultrasound done
>ruptured ovarian cyst
>nothing can be done about it, just deal with fevers and pain
>well shit
>prescribed birth control to prevent it from happening again
>start taking birth control
>nausea, so much nausea
>mfw

ah, only related to cgl because i had to miss a con because of this shit, guess i'll just sage

>> No.7343714
File: 39 KB, 155x170, 1385126392656.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw depression
>only have one con pal
>want to go with her to cons and cosplay and have a good time
>but I'm no fun anymore, grumpy and tired all the time
>probably am a huge pain in her ass, but she hasn't said anything about it yet
>she's too nice to say I can't come with her to cons
>my days of easy friend-making are over, scared to lose her and have no one
Meds don't work for me, and talking about it would just make it worse. I don't really know where to go from here. It's not like we go to cons frequently either.

>> No.7343724

>>7343661
Just breath. That's really all the advice I could give anyone in your situation. Go to panels that you like and try to forget the asshole ex. Try and engage people on conversation. Even if it's just one person per day.

If all else fails and you start panicking, remember you have a hotel room to go back to. Don't be ashamed about going off away from the con to take a breather there.

>> No.7343726

>>7343708
I'd love to be friends! I'm cosplaying Tina from Bob's Burgers and Tsukimi from Kuragehime! How about you?

>> No.7343731

>>7343582
That really sucks anon....I'm sure you'll make sure to sew extra well for your grandma to remember all the good times you had

>> No.7343745

>>7343615
Sounds like you're in a tough situation, anon. How about you try this. Since you two apparently both like reading manga and doujin, why not try to find some yuri type ones. You may not like reading them in the end, but it will help you to see if your friend is interested in girls. See how she reacts to the yuri, or even the idea of reading the yuri ones.
Maybe you do like girls, but are just very picky with the type you like? Maybe you've found one that fits your type? The yuri may also give slight hints to her that you're in a way "interested" in girls, and if she's into them too then it might nudge her in your direction.
You could also play games like "Would you rather..." or "Would you ever...?" and casually slip in "Would you ever date a girl?" or things like that. Small subtle things like that may seem playful to her, but will end up being useful to you.
Sorry if this wasn't very good advice, but it's all I could come up with

>> No.7343746

>>7343689
>>7343705

Thanks, I guess I'll take it and hope everything goes well

>>7343707
I checked the list of side effects Accutane has when the doc said I'd have to take it. That was a bad idea.

Some cosplay feels to stay on topic :

>be helping friend with her cosplay
>we're both going to the same con but maybe she'll only stay a day instead of the whole weekend
>"Anon, if I have my driving licence by then I can take you with me !"
>Aw yes, won't have to buy a train ticket for that day
>"Anon, are you going back home on Saturday night and then back to the con on Thursday ?"
>Tell her yes, it'll be cheaper than go to the hotel
>mfw she arranges things so that I can stay two nights for free at the con center

>> No.7343765
File: 88 KB, 689x649, 1284031020796.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Make plans months ago with friend to go to Megacon
>Started costumes early to avoid stress
>Friend cancels because she has no money
>That was the only con I was going to go to this year because I'm trying to save money, too

This wouldn't be a problem if I had more cosplay friends, but the clubs at my university are terribly weaboo. I guess we'll go to a cheaper, crappier con in the summer or something.

>> No.7343766

I'm incredibly depressed and have become a shut-in and I'm seeking therapy for this since I finally told my mom that I needed some help. I've become pretty unhealthy and gained a lot of weight over the last couple of years so I thought I should at least work on that before trying to make friends as an unhappy overweight person with bad hygiene, but having a friend would be nice or at least have someone to spend time with.
At least now I am starting to be motivated by /cgl/ to learn how to sew and I'm becoming greatly interested in lolita after I saw this beautiful JSK that I never thought I'd be into.
Now I have to find the courage to come out to my mom as trans again and this time do something about it instead of repressing it and having it turn into depression.
Damn I'm just lost right now, at least this thread was a nice way to vent how I feel. I'm not sure why but ever since I started really browsing /cgl/ I've had motivation to work out and eat better, I'm down 12 lbs and have been going outside more, I just hope I can get the help I need, I love all you seagulls.

>> No.7343770

>>7343615
I was in a similar situation- oh this girl is cute, oh I would cry if she married someone because it wasn't me, but I'm not that way inclined am I? Whoops, guess I am. And here I am now with an adorable girl to dress up with.

Basically my advice is to take it slowly, you've got to come to terms with this (I did) and then if they are in the same boat but haven't realised they like you in a more than a friend way, they'll might need some time to work through that as well, no matter how open minded they might be. Just observe how she act's around, can she not wait to see you next time- do you talk often online? How do you interact if left alone on the couch watching movies, do you think she would let you sit close or even cuddle? Maybe she'd let you kiss her on the cheek in a playful way or hold hands? I think observing how she acts around you would help you figure it out for the most part.

In the end though, if you think that revealing something like this might ruin your friendship, it's possible you don't want to be friends we that kind of person, it only has to be weird if you make it weird (or they do, in which case- they're kind of an asshole).

>> No.7343769
File: 489 KB, 500x375, 234568.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343655

Woha Anon, I am sorry for you! Feel hugged ia the Internet at least.

But honestly I can relate to this.
>mfw all my friends moved away
>mfw no new friends at Uni
>looked up holidays, my birthday is one day after the semester ends
>"thank god, at least I dont have to go to Uni on my birthday pretending I wouldnt care that nobody notices it"

Also:
>Still living with parents too
>Mom: "I am sure you can throw a party yourself. You could finally wear one of those fancy expensive dresses you are hording"
>"S-sure Mom"
>mfw my friends probably wont hae time anyway due to tests

Also, I havent gotten any birthday presents from my parents in... 3 years? They just tend to forget that it is my birthday, and then they are like "Oh Anon, we will gie you your birthday money later"
>mfw when still no birthday presents and this year there wont be any too, I bet my ass on that
>mfw even my friends did not really get me anything

TL;DR
My birthdays tend to suck, so over the years I developed an "I dont care anyway"-attitude so it wouldnt hurt so much
but it does
This year especially with all my friends being away. And even if they DO come, I will be the only loser friend who hasnt managed to find a single friend at Uni during this year. Great. Pretty sure I will again not get birthday money this year to buy myself some burando to cry into.

>> No.7343782

>>7343491
I bet you only bathe like once a year and then poo-poo everything to cover your tracks.

>> No.7343783

>>7343466
holy shit, who is this ita make a secret, we'd back you up. or at least name your state

>> No.7343784

>>7343149
I lold

>> No.7343789

>>7343655
>>7343769
I'm with you guys, my birthdays suck too. I've never had a party in my life, simply because I still live with my parents and they hate all my friends and don't want them to come over. Even if I could have a party I'm sure only three people at the most would show up. My friends also tend to forget my birthday, and not give me a present even though I always give them both birthday and christmas presents. I'm getting more and more paranoid that my friends don't even care for me.

>> No.7343793

>>7343604
I posted in a previous feels thread about random weight loss, and my doctor told me it was the new birth control I'd just switched to. I've also been consistently taking my pill at a very specific time for the past couple of months, on the dot, instead of just popping it in whenever during the day. I don't know if that could also be a factor or not.
The pills I used to take, I stopped using them for a month and then I started to gain weight. It's different for everyone.
But my sex drive is pretty dead, yeah. Although, I'm not sure if it's actually the birth control doing that or if I just don't like sex.

>> No.7343800

>>7343705

Well, birth control fucked me up too. I got
- bigger boobs (which I hate since I had big boobs before)
- fucking mood swings
- depressions
- So much fucking facial hair around my chin/cheeks. Not just peach fuzz, NO, dark, thick, long, disgusting hair. It takes me at least 10 Minutes every day to remove the stubbles with a tweezer and I still miss hair sometimes and I feel so awkward and bad about it because I am sure people notice them.
- The worst acne of my whole life all over my face, cleavage and my back.
- Not to mention it takes a shitload of time to sort your hormones out once you stop/switch the pill

Good luck with bc, I hope you all have a better experience than me.

>> No.7343806

>>7343655
>>7343769
>>7343789
Sad birthday feels.
>no friends to spend birthday with
>0 presents
>no cake
>not even present from boyfriend
>parents don't even say happy birthday
>only person to physically say happy birthday to me was sister
Half of me wants to curl up into a ball and cry because it just feels like no one cares, and the other half is telling me that that's stupid, birthdays aren't that important, and that I need to get over the butthurt and be mature about it.
I'm trying to adopt the birthdays are nothing special mentality, but I'm still pretty sad. At least I avoided some calories from no cake though, r-right?

>> No.7343807

>>7343354
I swear I've seen this posted or a slight variation for the last month in every feel thread.
>>Moving to university very soon.
This what you need to be focusing on

>>Will have to leave partner, and most of my belongings for six months.
>>Can only take 20kg bag, not sure if I should take all of my lolita clothes and not much normal clothes or leave some of my dresses behind.
Take 50/50 or plan to go shopping for normal clothes when you get down there.

>>Range of emotions concerning leaving, very sad about leaving partner and being in a ldr again but excited about uni and attending lolita meets again.
Tell your partner to get his shit together because you can't do it for him. ALSO - get on the same page about your relationship so you know where you both stand.

>> I've been a lone lolita for awhile but I plan to attend all the meets I can partially so I can distract myself from being lonely and missing my boyfriend.
Lolitas meets are good for this but having regular contact with your partner will better.
Unless you think your relationship won't have a leg to stand on once your ldr, then dump him now and start moving forward in life rather than being attached to a man who hasn't built up the resilience you need in life to adjust to new surroundings and situations.
>>I'm also a bit unsure of what my roommates will be like/how they'll react to lolita, will I make friends?
Joining a anime club or sporting group will help you make friends
Roommates you will either love or hate, set your boundaries early and invest in sound proofing headphones.

>> Will I get on with the comm members?
Be polite and lurk. Give genuine compliments and make people talk about themselves- everyone likes a listener.

>> Who will tie my waist ties now?
Unbutton them, put dress on, tie waist ties in fancy bow, re-button
OR
Put item on coat hanger, tie waist ties, put dress on
OR
Take the initiative to talk to new roommates and ask for help.

>> No.7343816

>>7343806
shit sucks, sis. happy birthday~

>> No.7343823

>>7343806

>>7343769 Anon here, sorry to hear that!
Happy Birthday though! :) <3

Also, you descirbed exactly what my birthday will be this year, exept I dont have a bf anymore, haha.

>no friends to spend birthday with
>0 presents
>no cake

Sooo 100% accurate also for my last 3 birthdays.

>Half of me wants to curl up into a ball and cry because it just feels like no one cares, and the other half is telling me that that's stupid, birthdays aren't that important, and that I need to get over the butthurt and be mature about it.
>I'm trying to adopt the birthdays are nothing special mentality, but I'm still pretty sad. At least I avoided some calories from no cake though, r-right?

Pretty much the mentality I try to live by, but lets not kid ourselves: We were raised in a society where birthdays (especially as a kid!) were something big, something to celebrate, a day to be happy on.
Call me childish or stupid, but even though I try to live by the "Birthdays arent THAT important!" mentality, shit still hurts. A lot. I do not even expect something big, just... A little bit would be enough; my friends being there (even though I am afreid they will judge me because I am the only one who was too speghetti to make new friends at Uni) and some money from my parents so I can buy my own cake and some burando to cry into.

>> No.7343831

>>7343807
Thank you very informative anon.

I understand.

That's a good idea I think I will try to take as much lolita as I can and buy some secondhand normal clothes or get my partner to bring some when he visits.

I don't quite understand. I was talking about how I was upset by the situation. I think we are on the same page and we have plans for our future.

We will be okay with the ldr and plan to stay very contacted, it's the second time in our relationship that we've been doing ldr.Maybe that's why it's so upsetting though as we both thought we'd never have to be apart again. Nevertheless I don't want another partner at all, I adore mine and am very much in love.
Your judging my partner a little harshly anon and I haven't given you any information about him only my feelings about our situation. He's not moving yet so he can finish his course as he can't transfer.

Thank you anon, I was thinking of trying the anime club. Hopefully my roommates are nice. Good idea.

Thank you those are excellent suggestions.

The first two never even crossed my mind! Thank you so much.

>> No.7343834

>>7343806
Birthdays are so useless, the sooner you get over it the sooner you enjoy every month being your birthday and you're getting gifts you actually want for yourself rather than junky nic nacks and shit you have no use for from other people

>> No.7343841

I had whipworms some years ago (family with 2 dachshunds, certainly wasn't from eating dirt or shit). Also had anemia, also bloody stool. It doesn't mean you're dirty at all, I mean for god's sake my family has cleaning ladies tidy up every other day.

>> No.7343849

>>7343806
>>7343789
>>7343769
>>7343655

sad-birthday-Anons, I need to know your favourite character and your name (nickname, initials, something).

>> No.7343854

>>7343849
R.S. are my intials

Favourite Character: Sailor Moon (Even after all these years, yes. :D)

>> No.7343857
File: 56 KB, 520x347, 1384119101613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be interested in lolita for a few years, never get around to buying anything
>finally buy dress and petticoat
>super excited
>wear dress in front of mirror for the first time
>realize i look like shit in it
>mfw my dreams of being a qt loli have been crushed

>> No.7343861

>>7343857
What dress and why did it not look good? Could be you're just not picking flattering cuts, it's somewhat difficult to gauge that when buying online. Could be you're more of a skirt/blouse kinda girl too. I firmly that believe that unless you are morbidly obese, there is a way to look cute in lolita - it's really a pretty forgiving style if you know where to look.

>> No.7343864
File: 108 KB, 1366x768, watamote-episode-1-pic3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343703
>tfw no friends at all
>had a handful of friends in high school
>they all moved out of town to college
>they were kinda shitty dudebro friends anyway so I don't even feel like reconnecting with them
>go to cons alone
>have fun for like the first two hours
>by 2 pm I start feeling lonely/bored/anxious
>by 7 pm I literally can't do it anymore and just head back to my room to sleep
>too autistic to make friends
>always feel like everyone knows everyone else so it's hard to even just talk to anyone
>the rare times someone casually greets me or tries to start a conversation I just spaz out in my head
>I tried to hide my inner spazzing out by not really responding much, probably coming off as a cold, pretentious asshole to everyone
>almost ready to give up on cons altogether
>have an online friend I've been playing video games with for about eight years now
>he's been a better friend to me than any of my real life friends have ever been
>ask him if he wants to go to a con with me
>he's hella psyched about it
>it'll be the first we've met in real life
>this will probably the first time I might actually enjoy a con in four years
>mfw

>> No.7343870

>>7343864
I feel you, anon.

>> No.7343871

>>7342962
feel the same
can work on body
but face still ugly

>> No.7343873

>>7343655
How old are you? I've never known an adult who thinks birthdays are so important people should give you special attention and celebrate unless you're hitting 50 or 80.

>clam up
Why didn't you mention it anyway? If you're brave enough to hold a fucking party you should be brave enough to mention that your birthday is on the same day as the con.

>"Yeah it's too bad you can't come."
>boo hoo
What the fuck, just tell them to pay more attention. Even if you're a total spaghetti monster you can still go "actually, I think I'll get the weekend free! I want to come with you, is that okay?"

If you let people treat you like shit then you fucking deserve it, especially if their bad behaviour is accidental and only caused by you being a little shit and feeling too shy and special to communicate with them.

>> No.7343878

>>7342948
Oh man I had a bad case of pinworms as a kid from eating dirt. My butt itched so badly. It was awful.

>> No.7343882

>>7343871
>>7342962
I've been through the same thing.

>go to con
>look fat and shitty
>get mad at myself and decide to lose weight
>lose 40 lbs in a year
>be in the best shape of my life
>go to con
>realize my face is still shit tier
>costume isn't that great either
>coupled with the fact that I hit my plateau and I had been struggling to lose the last 10 lbs of my goal I just kinda fell apart and stopped working out/counting calories
>gain every single lb back within a year
I've started working out again though and I've lost about 15 lbs so far. I don't know if I'll ever lose as much weight as I did the first time around, but I guess I'm gonna try. It doesn't help that I'm 25 and only go to one con a year, so the number of cosplays I have left in me are extremely limited. I'll probably give it another 5 years then I'm done. Being old and short as fuck with a shit tier face is just a terrible combination that pretty much eliminates a majority of the characters you can realistically cosplay as.

>> No.7343907

>>7343582
she just passed away this morning

>>7343699
>>7343731
thank you anons I will be keeping her in my heart and look back fondly

>> No.7343910

>>7343871
Doesn't stop Sephygoth.
Cosplay toku or mecha.

>> No.7343915

>>7343864
>always feel like everyone knows everyone else so it's hard to even just talk to anyone
>the rare times someone casually greets me or tries to start a conversation I just spaz out in my head
>I tried to hide my inner spazzing out by not really responding much, probably coming off as a cold, pretentious asshole to everyone

Oh my god anon you are me, exept I dont go to cons and have no Onlinefriends either...
I liked my friends from school but they all moved away too and got new friends wi´hile I am sitting here spilling spaghettis everywhere the second someone actually talks to me

>> No.7343928
File: 2.00 MB, 343x297, mommy love.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343907
I'm so sorry, anon.

>> No.7343938
File: 18 KB, 250x333, angelic pretty happy garden.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> go to my first lolita meeting ever
> first time I had the courage to wear lolita
> cruel laughs and insults while I went to the meeting
> Trying to stay strong
> Finally arrive
> Saw a group of lolita
> All are itas, but I didn't care
> Trying to talk with them
> aproaching
> They saw me and judge extra hard
> Seeing my dress with and intense disgusting face
> Then saw my face and start laughing
> laughing so hard
> I'm so ugly as hell, I know, but...
> "omg, her face...!" "did you see that ugly face...?" "omg...!!"
> Cries and run to my house

Btw here is the dress I wear

>> No.7343937

>tfw you find your cousin's 10 year old daughter's facebook photo album covered with fan art of Homestuck, Attack on Titan, Madoka and a bunch of other shit she drew
Hnnng. I don't really talk to the kid because she lives in a different country. But I think it's kinda cool to have someone in the family into the same nerdy shit as me. I kinda wanna send hey some of those Homestuck cosplay horns as a surprise.

>> No.7343948

>>7343938
Post pictures. I bet you look fine.

>> No.7343949
File: 551 KB, 776x1067, 2014-02-02 14.54.02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343854
(I'm sorry, I forgot how to mango )

>> No.7343953
File: 263 KB, 400x225, 9879675.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343949

Oh thank you so much dear! <3
I really appreciate that!

>> No.7343971
File: 700 KB, 480x270, 1357405176734.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be interested in boystyle
>be 6'1
Maybe in another life

>> No.7343973

I want to join the sad-birthday-anon-club.
I get my presents from friends/family... Once per 4 years. 29th of Febuary.
When I was younger I was all like 'Birthday' and friends/family always said 'but anon, you don't have birthday this year, look at the calendar sweetie.'
No birthday for me this year too.
>At least no one can call me ageplayer when I wear my lolita.

>> No.7343974

>>7343938
fuck those cunts! I bet they where jelly at you're dress and cuteness.

>> No.7343976

>>7343974
*your

whoops

>> No.7343977
File: 57 KB, 323x460, 1391351504868.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343861
It was pic related and made me look extremely fat, so you might just be right about the skirt/blouse thing.

>> No.7343979

>>7343973
I know that feeling. "Haha oh wow you're pretty tall for a 5-year old, aren't you?" Every goddamn time. When I point it out myself, things like "no it's okay for me to like cartoons, I'm 5 y.o." I just get really flat responses, as if I'm trying too hard to be a special snowflake and I should just shut the fuck up and stop begging for attention.

Sometimes I think they're just upset because I robbed them of an opportunity to try to be clever. Please, if it's the kneejerk response you have to someone born on leap day, I've already heard it.

>> No.7343981
File: 195 KB, 250x250, 1391351923394.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343907
I'm so sorry, Anon! She sounds like she was a wonderful woman and I'm sure you're going to remember her fondly forever. She'll watch over you from wherever she is now.

You'll wake up in the mornings to find a little more sewing done on your cosplays, your fabric suddenly enough even though it wasn't before..

>> No.7343983

>>7342948
OP, if you earned that money yourself, then go to the police if she won't give you the money back for it. That's theft or destruction of property. It wasn't hers to touch.

>> No.7343985

>>7342948
Except if you're 18 and older and spent the money on those dresses yourself, how can she just give them away when she doesn't have the right too? Does the treatment for pin worms cost a lot of money and she had to pay for it?

>> No.7343988

>>7343983
It doesn't even matter if she earned the money herself. A gift given is a gift given, property rightfully transferred.
I draw the line for "hurr durr we're your parents so we can do whatever the fuck we want" WELL below "several hundred dollars in lolita".
I regularly tell people on /k/ who say stuff like "my mom freaked out and stole a gun I bought out of my room while I was at work" the same thing.

>> No.7343994

>tfw went to rave
>tfw don't know how to dance and just awkwardly shimmied and did bunny hops
>tfw sweated so hard my shirt was damp
>tfw started having a panic attack and had to run out and puke in a trash can

"My feet hurt, the music is too loud, I want to go home."

>> No.7344041

Hey there birthday anons.

This past year -

>Parents buy me a new jacket because I needed one, but let me pick one out
>Get sweet ass portal track jacket from thinkgeek
>Memorial day is on my birthday this year, go to family picnic, bring BF for first time
>Nobody remembers that it's my birthday, even though we have a cake that says, "Happy Birthday, Anon!"
>Usually we go swimming and play outdoor games and shit, but nobody brought anything and it's too cold to go in the pool
>BF and I sit in the garage with others playing computer games
>BF eats an apple that's been on the table for hours
>Suddenly "Marie" comes in looking for apple
>She's known for being a complete fucking cunt, why do we invite her?
>She flips the FUCK out on BF for eating her apple, even though there's a whole bag of them inside
>Suddenly dad flips the fuck out at us for playing computer games, even though other teenagers were also playing computer games, or watching TV, or playing DS.
>Dad screams in my face repeatedly, screams at BF, forces him to apologise to cunt-san for eating the apple, and then forces us to leave.
>Aunt (who's house we were at) tells us to stay
>Dad screams at her too
>We nope out of there, I park in a lot nearby, and have a panic attack.
>Go see Star Trek later and sob during the movie
>Don't talk to dad for weeks

Apparently my aunt chewed him out, and my mom made him promise to apologise for being such a cunt, but he never did. I even brought it up to him later with my grandma around, and he steadfastly stands by himself, even though everyone else tells him that he was fucking wrong.

I still feel sick when I think about it, and I don't think I'll ever go to a family picnic again. It was humiliating.

>> No.7344050

>>7343583
My doctor did something similar, but with my fucking tendinitis.

I probably went to see her 6 or 7 times in the course of 6 months about shoulder pain. She took an x-ray, and told me it was just some swelling, game me sterroids, and sent me home every time.

Eventually I just went to another doctor who told me that if she'd actually looked at my shoulders, she'd see that they were dislocating partially every time I moved them a certain way. Now I might have to have surgery on them because the muscles got fucked up because she told me I was fucking fine.

>> No.7344058

>>7344041
>>Parents buy me a new jacket because I needed one, but let me pick one out
>>Get sweet ass portal track jacket from thinkgeek

Whoop, more presents than me n the past 3 years
Also, my mom would neer do this, she hates my Lolita clothes and thinks I already spend too much money on it anyway

But sorry you had such a bad experience with your family :(
Mine does have a lot of issues too, and it usually end up with everyone flipping out and citicising each other. Not to mention their attitude towards birthdays is a rather negative one...
>"Why are you so excited? You will wake up tomorrow and wont feel any different from today. It will just be like any other day" (This was exactly what I wanted to hear as an 8 year old...)
>"You leave your single digit age behind- I promise you, after that it only gets worse"
>"I remember when I was your age, I had so much fun, and so many boyfriends, and I was in love, and went to partys... I was a wild girl! But I am glad you are different and that you are a good girl" (Uh, thanks, Mom, this makes me feel so great...?)

>> No.7344061

>posted in the last feels thread after being told by USPS and AP that my AP lucky pack was lost
>thought it was gone for ever, neither party knew where it was and the postal service had closed the case already
>randomly showed up on my doorstep the other day, box was damaged and torn to bits
>contents were perfectly safe
>hallelujah

>> No.7344070

>>7344061
it was protected by a pretty angel

>> No.7344069

>>7343166
Yup. Took the damn shot. Everyone said it was so great, that you stop having your period and everything is awesome.
No
Gain 30 pounds, lose all energy and motivation, bleed nonstop for a year. An entire year. Fuck that. Never using any birth control again. Fortunately I am married now and the boy got snipped so I never have to worry about that shut again.

>> No.7344082

>left my ex bf
>he never got over it
>got a new boyfriend and my ex sent him a message telling how about my past and how much of a slut I am
>bf now feels uncomfortable about my past
Fucking shit

>> No.7344081

>>7344061

Congratulations anon, nice to hear a positive story once in a while! I hope you were happy with your lucky pack!

>> No.7344088

>>7344082
... Your sexual past is something you probably should have told your boyfriend about in the first place.

>> No.7344091

>>7344088
That's not a subject couples bring up out of nowhere. He knew I was experienced and never asked about anything else.

>> No.7344096

>>7343177
those squeezy rubber balls

>> No.7344097

>>7344082
>>got a new boyfriend and my ex sent him a message telling how about my past and how much of a slut I am
>>bf now feels uncomfortable about my past

Dont know much about your past, but
1. An ex boyfriend writing a current boyfriend always smells like lies and/or vendetta to me. If Id get a message from my partners ex partner I would take it with a heavy grain of salt
2. Why does he feel uncomfortable about your past? Because you slept with other boys?

Sorry but it sound like your bf is a bit of a slutshaming dick

>> No.7344106

>>7344097
TBH though, you can't blame a guy for wanting to know how many dicks have been there before he puts his in it.

Obviously I don't know how many people anon slept with, and no matter how many that's fine. But you can't be upset with the boyfriend for being uncomfortable with it if she slept with a shitton of guys. I wouldn't want my dick somewhere that 17 other dicks have been.

By sleeping around, you take that chance, that someone is going to be uncomfortable with it later on.

>> No.7344114

>>7344097
He told him about how I used to sleep around and have one night stands and fuck buddies and threesomes with guys. It's not that out of the ordinary but my boyfriend is very inexperienced, I'm his first girlfriend.

>> No.7344117

I don't know what worms they are in English, but I had some too as a kid. They looked like little pieces of thread all over my crotch and ass, it was so gross and I wanted to off myself.

>> No.7344120 [DELETED] 

>>7344106

>> No.7344123

>>7344114
Oh... Well, it's a little out of the ordinary, but it doesn't make you any less of a person.
I understand why your bf feels the way he does, but explain to him that you wouldn't do such things again and that he can trust you. If he chooses not to and dumps you, let him go. If you stay together he'll probably have that hanging over your head for the rest of the relationship.

>> No.7344124

>>7343604
Except with me when I went on birth control I lost 40 pounds in 4 months because I went on a diet for myself. Honestly if you just eat right you shouldn't worry about it. I also noticed when I on birth control a lot of acne I had (some of it thanks to some god awful makeup I used) went right away. I don't know, maybe I just turned out luckier than the others.

>> No.7344127

>>7344114
It's either slutshaming or he's afraid he won't be up to par.

Just sit down and talk it out.

>> No.7344126
File: 229 KB, 717x880, 765637.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7344106

>> No.7344132

>>7344126
How is that leddit? I agree with him, some people are gonna be okay with it and some won't. My first boyfriend made fun of me for being "an uptight grandma" because I wouldn't let him fuck me every day in the ass, people have different opinions and that's okay.
Just learn to walk away, jesus.

>> No.7344131

>>7344114

It might be a little out of the ordinary as anon said, but... I do not see anything really bad about it? You did not cheat on anyone or shit like that, you just had some sex. As >>7344124
suggested, talk to him. If he cannot stand your past, well, time to let go of each other.

>> No.7344133

>>7342948
You sound nasty. And if your moms in the position to be able to take your over priced hobby clothes, then power to her for you being a small whimsy brat of a child who leeches off of their parents only to spend money on useless cloth instead of improving.g yourself/ your life. She's probably lost her patience dealing.g with the whimsy bratty female equivilant of a basement dwelling neckbeard forever leeching the life from her a.d never leaving the goddamn nest. Fuck you legitimately gave yourself worms from being a nasty nail biter, come on.

>> No.7344136

>>7344131
To be honest I cheated on this ex boyfriend, but he cheated on me as well. It was a horrible relationship.

>>7344127
I dunno, it hurts me to think he's gonna look down at me.

>> No.7344139

>>7344126
>This person has an opinion
>Lel back to reddit

Honestly. It sounds more like it's because he's worried about not knowing what he's doing, but you can't blame him for being uncomfortable with the fact that x amount of other guys have plowed his girl before.

If I found out that my boyfriend had slept with 15 other girls, I'd be uncomfortable. I guess it also depends on how old anon and her boyfriend are, but for me at the age we are, more than 2 or 3 would seem like an awful lot.

Sleeping around just isn't for some people. I couldn't imagine doing it myself. I would be put off if my partner had done it. It wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker, but I wouldn't be comfortable with it for a while.

>> No.7344140

>>7344133
edgy, I like it.
I got my loli from my McJob paychecks, birthday money and saving up, though, so keep trying.

>> No.7344137

>wants to be trap but cant

>> No.7344138

The dress that was my second dream dress came up for sale. I don't think I can really justify buying it. It'd probably look like ass on me. I have another dress taking up that space anyway. I don't have a good petticoat for it.

But... but...

But it's still a dress I really want.

>> No.7344142
File: 4 KB, 348x211, Point_missed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7344132

Yeah.

>> No.7344143

>>7343275
time for your daily enema

>> No.7344145

>>7344138
Get it, man. You can always resell.

>> No.7344146

>>7344142

>>7344139

>> No.7344148

>>7344136
>cheated
figures. yeah, break up with him. he's right to be suspicious.

>> No.7344153

>>7344136
Sleeping around is excusable, cheating is not.

If he cheated on you, fucking dump him. Cheating is not okay.

>> No.7344157

>>7344148
I love him. He's very special to me.

>> No.7344163

>>7344138
if you can walk away from it then dont spend your money on it.

>> No.7344177

>>7344145
>>7344163
>/cgl/ in charge of helping

>> No.7344180

>>7344153
>sleeping around is excusable
>cheating is not
uwotm8
isn't that the same thing?

>> No.7344185

>>7344180
You can sleep with people without going out with any of them you know

>> No.7344186

>>7344148
>>7344136
>cheaters
>thinking they deserve a good, loving relationship with someone who is faithful

>> No.7344190

>>7344180
See
>>7344180

Sleeping around just implies sleeping with a bunch of people, relationship is not implied. One night stands and such.

Cheating would be sleeping with any other number of people, or even just dating other- people, while you're supposed to be in a relationship.

Just sleeping with a bunch of people is objectively fine, but cheating on someone is not okay.

>> No.7344192

>>7344140
You actually just proved my point further. My point being you spend all your money on stupid shit like wigs and dresses when you're still basically female basement dwellers who should be spending money on an education, or at least your own appartment so mommy can't take away your play things when you're being a disgusting brat.

>> No.7344194
File: 66 KB, 365x600, storeakward.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you go to the local fabric store to cash in on sales
>waiting in line
>two girls with fabric that is totally for frozen cosplay
>nerd pins all on bags
>ass creed necklace
>teenagers
>tfw too spaghetti to start conversation
>tfw old

pic related.

>> No.7344195

>Being in college years
>some bitch talks shit behind my back
>everyone starts targeting me and labelling as "weirdo"
>can't talk to anyone, everyone treats me like a psycho
>trying to make friends outside my college on the con
>my colleagues talk shit to them
>left crying

What do I. I'm a normal Anon-chan, just a little bit pretty and extremely shy geek.

>> No.7344197

>>7344186
>how did I in any way imply that they do? I said she should break up with him, and that he has a right to be suspicious.

>> No.7344200

>>7344136
Just tell him truth. And your feelings towards your bf

>> No.7344203

>move to a new town
>get a new job
>girl at work sees me out of uniform and tells me how cute my clothes are and how much she loves lolita
>talk about lolita for a bit
>she knows nothing but how to dress ita
>see she has some random anime pin
>try to talk to her about anime
>the only things she watches are entry level anime and fujoshit like kuroshituji
>tfw my power level is too high to make friends

>> No.7344205

>>7344186
I don't think I should be judged by my past relationship when I'm 100% loving in this one.

>>7344200
Well, that's what I'll do.

>> No.7344207

>>7344195
You sound like me, but when I was in 6th grade. Grow up, as if sitting there being a crybaby about anything does anything to help the situation? Try looking past the "waaahhh I'm sad" and use your modern human brain to make things better instead of walllowing in playing victim

>> No.7344209

>>7344205
If you cheated once and feel alright about it, you'll cheat again

You might love him now, but the honeymoon feelings fade and you'll end up being the same cheater you were before

I hope it isn't true, but the cliche once a cheater always a cheater has been proven true to most people

>> No.7344212

>>7344192
It's my apartment. I inherited it. Cry moar.

>> No.7344222

>>7344207
do what, exactly? Come on, tell, you said you've been through it yourself.

>> No.7344225

>>7344212
Wait, so you live with your mother in your apartment where you completely support yourself, and LET her take clothes you bought with your own money? That's even MORE creepy/beta; like psycho killer living with his dead, controlling mother creepy.

>> No.7344230

>>7344207
I try to fucking ignore them but they attack me, all the time. Speaking up doesn't help at all. Nobody wants to talk to me. My life is a shit.

>> No.7344237

>>7344225
Oh my god, why do you care so much about what I do with my own money and parents? Do you even have a life of your own, or do you just listen to others' life stories and live vicariously through them? Where I live we don't chase our kin out of our homes just like that. No wonder you're lonely.

>> No.7344238

>>7344192
my basement is probably better furnished than all if your families houses put together

>> No.7344242
File: 10 KB, 500x500, 128409441989430.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Girlfriend wants to get into lolita
>I think it's pretty cute too, which is why I'm here
>She's chubby, but definitely not hambeast tier
>She believes that she'll never fit into brand
>Can't do anything to raise her self-esteem
>She finally starts losing weight
>Still thinks she's too ugly to wear pretty dresses

>> No.7344250

>>7344209
No not really. I could see myself marrying this guy, he's so much different than my other boyfriends you have no idea.. He really is husband material and I respect and love him too much to do anything like that.

>> No.7344249

>>7344222
I already told you, of you can't identify the true feelings behind why you're particularly depressed or whatever, that's something YOU need to work on because not everyone has the same feeling.gs/thoughts. I do.t fucking know why you're a crybaby, I have no idea who you are. I do know that sitting around whining, playing victim is an unhealthy psychological cycle though. If you can't identify any emotions deeper than "waaahhh 'm feeling sad" and you're of adult age, you should go seek a professional to talk to(no pills, just talk)

>> No.7344254

>>7344237
Lol, can't justify this shit anymore huh? Like you could ever justify buying this crap and living how some of you do..BTW never said anything about lonliness- nice projecting.

>> No.7344256
File: 24 KB, 500x500, 463467.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw want to post a feel
>tfw my friend causing feel lurks /cgl/ too

>> No.7344257

>>7344237
Anon, just leave it. That person is just being a cunt, ignore them.

Personally, if I were you, I'd demand reimbursement or take her to small claims court, or call the fucking cops. I don't give a shit if she's my mom, that shit doesn't fly. If it's your stuff, in your house, that she gave away, she's financially responsible for replacing every single piece.

>> No.7344262

>>7344254
>Like you could ever justify buying this crap and living how some of you do.

Well, it's better to occasonally spend you own expendable income on clothing that you're going to enjoy, rather than say, alcohol, like so many people do.

Spending your own hard earned money on something you enjoy doesn't need "justification," as long as you're paying your bills and taking care of your own financial responsibilities, it doesn't matter what you spend your own money on.

>> No.7344268

>>7344238
>families houses
Lol wat, that's a thing? Also nice job further proving the retard capitalistic "buy more things means I'm better" lulz ideals you girls use to ruin your lives. I HATE furniture. It gets in the way and I only keep it if its functional. Seriously valuing yourself based on the furniture you wasted money on?LOL sound like perfect crazy housewife material.
On this side of things ill continue gaining my self worth through self generated internal motivation( ie my fit body, personality, and mind). That way I don't cry every time someone doesn't like the way I look because frankly I don't need their opinion as I get enough confidence from myself and don't need to desperately seek it from others

>> No.7344272

>>7344268

Bro you're so mad you're not punctuating properly. Breathe. Breeeaathe.

Not even any of the anons above, I'm just really afraid you'll just blow an aneurysm or something.

>> No.7344275
File: 77 KB, 533x635, 1331104380146.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7343745
I might have to figure out a way to bring up and show some yuri manga or doujin to her.
I tried that "would you ever/what if" game a couple times, but when it comes time to actually ask something like this, I start stuttering and blushing and no real words ever come out. I might have to practice or something before I try again so I don't get stage fright...
Thanks for your advice anon!

>>7343770
Oh man, anon. This is the part where I'm not too sure if I look into things too far.
I feel like pretty much most of our interactions are hints that she feels the same, but I don't know if she treats all of her friends like this or if it's just me, so I'm not sure which way to take it. It doesn't help I have practically no experience with relationships, flirting, etc.

We talk a lot, online and through text. When we lived closer we would sometimes hold hands walking around places, and hugged often. She lives pretty far away now that we moved, but she still tries to come to where I live for conventions. Decide to share room for a convention, awesome. But, once we actually get to the convention I start getting all confused. Go to dealers, loud yaoi guy asks if we're dating, I blush and can't speak for risk of spilling spaghetti, act like I didn't hear him, but she did. "Ah no, we aren't." He asks why not, "She had a boyfriend." (I broke up with him a week before she came up for the con)
>mfw
Yaoi guy tries to talk to us more about it, but we're both red and avoiding answering. This moment is never brought up again. Things go back to normal after the con. We still talk the same amount and she still spoils me. I bought her some new ouji pieces for her birthday and xmas; she got me a new BJD. Equivalent exchange isn't a thing to her I guess.

I can't figure out whether this is her trying to show she likes me, or if it's just how she treats all friends. I feel like I should know... but... autism.

sorry for the long post

>> No.7344279

>want to wear lolita but am too fat
>constant pain from chronic disorder that means exercise is nearly impossible
>cheap as fuck because poorfag
>still wearing clothes I had in middle school

Oh well, I'll never be pretty and I've come to accept that.

>> No.7344280
File: 138 KB, 459x411, tumblr_myl87bwPf21sllsi9o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>learning how to sew own costumes
>have only done alterations/small projects in the past but nothing major
>anything made has always been supervised by a friend who knows what they're doing more than me
>katsucon in two weeks
>drive 3 hours to a friend's house for the weekend to finish some costumes
>hiccups cause me to get in late friday
>saturday friend gets a migraine so little to no work is done
>sunday comes around and still not much is done
>going to have to sew on my own
>mfw absolutely terrified

The designs are probably very basic to most and I've got some great fabrics to work with already but I'm still very scared. Thankfully some other friends have offered to talk me through things on Skypechat and I have at least one friend on my campus who can read patterns/help with sewing but aksjdf kill me. I just don't want to look shit tier.

>> No.7344278

>>7344262
I have no problem if you have real self earned disposable income. But op story means this is NOT her case considering.g she's in a position where she lives with parents( likely of age considering rules, and still leeching) and her mom has control to take privileges away. She's put herself in a child's position and complains after being treated as such- she should be grateful her parents bother taking care of her and haven't kicked her out yet for being an overgrown leech.

>> No.7344281

>>7344268
Pls leave, /fit/.

/most/ people buy the clothing to wear because we like how we look in it, not because we like how the other seagulls criticize us in it.

I wear what I want when I want because it makes me feel good to dress nicely. There are always those morons who rely entirely on others' opinions of them to feel good, but I can look in the mirror and say, "damn I look good today," and not have to have anyone else tell me that.

>> No.7344285

>>7344272
Lol dw, I'm on a smartphone so auto correct has a field day and punctuation on a phone is annoying

>> No.7344288

>>7344242
Maybe you could get something for her? Post a desciption and we can help you find a good dress to buy

>> No.7344292

> Always have none self-esteem
> I must say I'm a good student, never was bad, never rebel or something
> Go into lolita, made me feel good, cute, and beloved
> Got a boyfriend (first one)
> He was too kind with me
> Then I discover he drinks a lot of alcohol
> He hits me
> He insults me
> He don't want to leave me
> After 6 months of nightmares, I try to suicide
> Go in front of a car
> I wake up on the hospital
> Some fractures and bruises, added to the previous ones
> My mom was here
> She look at me angry
> "You did that for screw me, right?" "Do you want to make me feel bad, right?" "I have a reputation here!" "Now my friends will look at me like a bad mother" "You're pathetic" "Next time, kill yourself at least"
> Leave me alone while two weeks I was in hospital
> Return to home, alone
> My mom brainwashed my little brother, now he says I'm a bad sister, and not want to talk to me
> My mom don't talk to me, too
> I eat alone everyday
> Mom trashed all my lolita stuff. Now I have nothing for feel better.
> I leave my boyfriend by text message, but he don't stop to call me. I'm afraid to go out my house
I'm broken.
I'm not strong to continue.
I'm desesperate, need to shout out here, sorry.

Sorry for my bad english

>> No.7344293

>>7344278
I still live in my parent's house. It's because I'm still going to school, which is near my home. They let me eat whatever I want from the cabinet, they'll buy me clothing if I really need it.

I'm slowly working towards moving out, but when you're going to school it's really difficult to find somewhere to work a decent amount of hours a week and still keep up with your studies.

At least she has a job and isn't one of those spoiled brats whose parents pay their way through school, and pay for all their clothes, and let them stay at home until they're 25.

It doesn't matter if you're living with your parents. They have no legal right to take anything away that you purchased with your money. It doesn't matter if it's in your house. If you've given that person permission to live with you, they have permission to be there. Throwing or giving away their belongings is illegal. It's theft.

You don't know how old anon is either. She might only be 18 or 19 years old, just out of high school. Most parents allow their kids till ~20 to get their shit together and leave. If they didn't there'd be a HELL of a lot more homeless people.

>> No.7344295

>>7344275
This sounds cute and mutual crush-y as fuck to me

>> No.7344297

>>7344292
I'm sorry this happened to you anon, your boyfriend was abusive and instead of your mum trying to understand why you tried to end your life she only cared about herself.

>> No.7344302

>>7344293
I wasn't quite clear there.

They'll buy me things like a new winter coat, necessary pieces of clothing, if something happens to my current one.

My dad helps me with emergency car repairs too.

But, I pay for my car payments and gas, I buy most of my own clothing, I buy a lot of my own food. I do what I can on $5.15/hour.

>> No.7344304

>>7344292
Your english made me giggle
Sorry, anon

Seriously though, that's a horrible situation
I would move out, at that point
Find a friend who'd be willing to take you in for few months while you get on your feet and find a job and your own place

You'll be much happier, I think
Don't ever stay with an abusive man either, no matter how nice he use to be

>> No.7344306

>>7344281
>>7344281
Lol I don't even lift z.zi appreciate being in shape because the feeling, not because OMG I wana look cute. You're still valuing yourselves based on external material cloth, and drawing personal value from wigs, dresses, make up etc. What happens when there's no dress up for you to play in? Who are you then? Do your dresses and make up really define you THAT much? I seriously never see threads here about girls who are honestly just happy with life, the only happiness comes from play make believe dress up like when you were little kids. I wish you guys weren't so sad, you'd be more productive

>> No.7344312

>>7344306
Hah, try again.

I don't wear lolita, I wear other jfash, and I buy most of my shit on ebay for under $6.

I'm quite honestly confident in my own body, and I would run around in the nude if I could. Much more comfortable.

I'm happy where I am right now, I have a boyfriend who I love more than anything else, and he loves me. I'm confident in the way I look, and I dress nicely because I like the way I look in those clothes. I have a job, I'm working on moving out of my parent's house, and I'm barely 19 years old. I think I'm doing pretty well considering.

Why don't you go abuse /fa/ for their fashion choices?

>> No.7344315

>>7344293
My mother kicked my ass out at 17no sympathy, just because she was done being a mom. I worked full-time AND went to school full time, lived on my own, and paid my shit. If your parents are supporting you past 18 you should be GRATEFUL they're willing to let you leech off of them. And buying lolita crap while you can't afford your own place is fucking retarded; and its an insult to your parents while they're still letting you leech off of them. Op was being a whiny brat to a mom she should be grateful is still taking care of her

>> No.7344326

>>7344315
You sound bitter, anon.

Most parents let kids stay until they've either got a leg to stand on, or until they've actually just sat around and leeched for years.

Your mom was a pretty fucking shitty person for kicking you out, but it's not the norm.

And, if it's an insult to buy your own clothes with your money while living at home, then her mom was insulting herself by throwing away hundreds of dollars of clothing.

There's nothin wrong with still living at home. I certainly appreciate that I can still live at home. But the sad fact is that I'll never be able to move out, I just don't make enough money. So I have to wait until I can find roommates (which, I have been searching for,) or until my boyfriend gets a job (he just graduated high school this past year) that can pay for it.

Me buying myself something nice once a month isn't insulting, it's me buying myself something nice.

>> No.7344328

>>7344315
Did you think we were going to feel sorry for you?

>> No.7344330

>>7344312
>not based on how cgl judges
Implies you're talking about cgl related clothing. I never said i had anything against 6$ shirts. I explicitly said over priced wigs, dresses and other cgl stuff. What are you trying to prove so hard? Are you trying to prove it to me, or yourself?

>> No.7344338

>>7344315
>omg i had it so much harder stop whining you whining brats
>btw i actually feel very sad about it all and I hate my mom for doing such a shitty thing but I have hidden this from myself for so long that now all that's left is unresolved bitterness and acid opinions that I throw on anyone who has it better than I do

>> No.7344340

>>7344275
>>7344295
I second that. Have you talked to her about her relationships and crushes? If you tiptoe around the topic for long enough you might find courage to finally confess. Just don't force yourself to do it, it will come naturally over time.
Also:
>tfw no cute ouji/goth gf to hold hands with ;_;

>> No.7344344

>>7342948
>>7342948
Anon, I feel you. I've been infected with pin worms since I was eight to seventeen years old, during that period of time my mom refused to let me buy the proper medication to get read of them because she said they made me lose weight and I needed it. I'm 5"4 with a 23 inch waist and weigh 104 lb. finally treated myself though, they're not harmful.. Just annoying.

>> No.7344345

>>7344278
Why are you so buttbothered? It's actually hilarious, keep going!

>> No.7344346

>>7344344
*rid

>> No.7344348

>>7344344
How did you treat yourself if I may ask. One of the Mysophobic anons from before who wants to feel safe from pinworms without running to the walk-in clinic to tell the doctor I think I atm'd myself.

>> No.7344350

>>7344344
that's horrible, your mom is sick. I'm so sorry, anon.

>> No.7344351

>>7344344
Strange, I never needed medication for worms they just went naturally after a week, with my mum making sure I was being super clean bla bla.

>> No.7344352

>>7344340
The topic of past relationships has come up once and I know the last time she dated someone was over four years ago and he broke up with her because she was moving (to where I met her). Otherwise, she never mentioned her type or crushes or anything.

I've always tried to think of something witty to say to her to hint at her maybe liking me too when we cosplay together (because we sometimes cosplay as our ships)... But I never can come up with anything. Would that even be a good idea? Ugh I just really wish this was easier.

>> No.7344354

>>7344348
Different anon, but

>Wash your hands
>Wash your bedding and clothes frequently
>Don't scratch your bum
>Eat more garlic
>Eat more probiotics
>Eat less sugar

>> No.7344353

>>7344348

You should really talk to a doctor before starting the treatment. I'm glad >>7344344 got it treated herself, but things could not work out as well for you, so just have the chats with your doctor, explain that you're afraid you might have pinworms. They'll do a really simple test on you first so they can ascertain if you even have the bug.

>> No.7344356

>>7344354
damn, I eat a lot of sweets. I just can't live without sweets. Ain't even landwhale.

>> No.7344358

>>7343834
this. I enjoy having dinner with a few friends and family who happen to be in town, but most of the gifts they get me is something they think I like, or something they like. I like gift cards for stores I frequent, I guess (my in-laws just gave me a gift card for sock dreams, so that was nice).

>> No.7344366

I highly doubt OP is still around but...Does she know pinworm eggs are light, and can become trapped in clothes? She'd have to throw them in the dryer for like...two rounds on high to kill the eggs. That, or put them in two or three layers of trash bags for about a month.

Soooo by giving away your clothes she likely just infected a dozen more people as punishment for something you did not consciously do. Amazing. Golf clap.

>> No.7344375

>>7344366
Damn! Does that mean I have to wash everything I ever touched with my grubby hands to get rid of the eggs?

>> No.7344376

>>7344375
I'm afraid that not even washing is gonna get them off. I just don't want to infect anyone else.

>> No.7344384

>>7344375
>>7344376
First of all, the worms are harmless. Unless you carry a really heavy load, you won't have any side effects. You are still infectious, even if you don't have side effects.

Secondly, they can exist up to a week deprived of any nutrients, and the eggs are very light and can be airborne for short periods of time (like if you have a fan going). The best way to deal with them is the bug-bomb the house, take your pills, and wash all your clothes with a high-heat dryer after. If they cannot be washed, you have to trash bag them for a few days.

Hard surfaces can be washed with high-strength bleach, or other bug-killing cleaner.

To be honest though, that's overkill. Pinworms aren't so serious.

>> No.7344388

>>7343915
>no Onlinefriends either
>spilling spaghettis everywhere the second someone actually talks to me
I fell ya. My friends from high school are still around, but our interests are vastly different now so we're hardly friends. I feel like I'll never make friends again.
>>7343864
>Tomoko
Yep, that's me.

>> No.7344404
File: 9 KB, 233x200, 1391369525971.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7344388

>>>7343915 Anon here

>I fell ya. My friends from high school are still around, but our interests are vastly different now so we're hardly friends.

It is shit in both ways. As I wrote, almost all my friends moved away, and made new friends to hang out with, and I feel so left behind.

>I feel like I'll never make friends again.

Same feeling here, I havent made new friends for years anyway, and now since I am alone at Uni I realise how much of a spaghetti beta faggort I am. Shit, damn it.
Also, I really truly loved my old friends, and I havent found anyone I really like - I feel like I can never have such friends again.

This is so silly, Uni is supposed to be party and fun and connecting with people yet I spend my weekends on 4chan and can barely managa to hold a conversation. People either bore me or I just do t know how to connect with them. :(

>tfw closet full of unworn clothes
>tfw no occasion to ever where these dresses
>tfw my own mom told me "Anon, yu have such pretty dresses! You should really go to more partys so you can actually wear them!"
>tfw even my mom thinks I am a social loser

>> No.7344418

>>7343140
I have them too during summer time because I tend to not drink enought and when I sweat it's really acidic, so I end up having infections all summer long. Now I push myself to wear at least a liter of tea per day and it's all gone

>> No.7344421

> be fat and gross
> try losing weight but get offered a fuckton of shit always and have zero self control anyway
> tfw I spend all my free time behind my laptop and basically have no social life
> tfw online friend who actually wants to meet up
> tfw I feel to gross and ugly to be in their presence and feel like they'll dislike me for it

the lack of self control is the worst though, since it affects more then just what I eat and always everything else too.

>> No.7344424

>they come out at night to lay eggs on your anus
brb scotch taping my asshole

>> No.7344434

>>7344257
ditto this
she owes you

>> No.7344435

>>7344424
Actually they lay eggs on anything, you touch that thing and put your hands in your mouth, the eggs travel through your digestive system and hatch in your anus. You scratch your ass, getting more eggs under your nails, and the cycle continues.

>> No.7344439

>Used to be a complete loner at conventions.
>Started bringing my best friend along for the past few years.
>Had a great time.
>He moves away for college
>Worried about going to convention
>Bring it up with few new Uni friends
>They actually want to go
>Dodged a loneliness bullet.

>> No.7344460

>>7344139
I'm just 18, newt boyfriend gona be number 6, have sleeped with all of them (seriously, I can't count anymore) but I don't think it's slutty. I mean, if a man does it it's generally ok, why could I can't ?

>> No.7344462

>at Ohayocon in Columbus
>going to meet a longtime crush for a date, even organized a couple cosplay
>dressed up nice for it, worked my ass off on the cosplay, even though I don't even care for the actual pairing
>she's there, we meet and exchange a hug, cheek kiss etc.
>leave for a panel, she didn't have her bracelet so she'd get in trouble
>as I leave, friend says she saw a guy go up to her
>guy kissed her
>in tears through the panel, trying to stay silent and enjoy the shitty discussion
>the girl had met someone else only a few hours before meeting with me and had chosen him over me
>said the kiss was "in character" even though those two characters never kissed or even spoke to each other
>spent whole night crying in my room, contemplating jumping out hotel window
>tomorrow, at market place, where she couldn't be
>go on a spending splurge, over 500 dollars spent on posters, games and anime
>see girl, holding douche cunt's hand
>ignore and get a hug from Rikki Simmons after a panel

Girls are stupid, but anime is forever.

>> No.7344468

>>7344460
See, to me that's just too much.

Even if you start having sex at 15, that's 6 guys in 3 years. I couldn't go in and out of relationships that quickly.

And truthfully, 15 is sort of young to start having sex.

It's just a lot of people. I don't think it's bad, or that you're bad for doing it, I just couldn't ever do it myself.

>> No.7344470

>>7344462
this breaks my kokoro

she obviously shouldnt have led you on by doing a couple cosplay, especially one you dont even like. Sorry about your shitty con experience.

i had a lame experience once
>bring normalfag but japanese boyfriend to a con (he watched eva, that counts right hurrdurr)
>he doesnt want to go to any panels, or do anything. if i suggest something, he doesnt want to do it. But he doesnt suggest anything either.
>spend most of con sitting and staring at the wall
>break up soon after
basically, having a lame SO is lame

>> No.7344475

>>7344460
It just means you need to stop dating until you're in you're early to mid 20s. Teens are seriously too stupid to comprehend proper relationships , and this is what leads to abuse or worse. Take a fucking step back.

>> No.7344490

>>7344475
Also this.

A lot of time it's teens who are sleeping with a shitload of people, and they don't understand the consequences that could follow.

I didn't even start dating until I was 18, because I was immature as fuck, but I'm glad. I saw friends waste their precious virginity on some dirtbag with a backwards baseball cap.

(I don't actually think being a virgin is that important.)

I'm glad I waited, because I'm in a pretty damn successful relationship now, and if things continue on as well as they've been for the past two years, it may be the only relationship I need.

>> No.7344494

>>7344490
I never dated anyone in high school at all, and lost my virginity fucking some broski frosh week. I don't regret it at all. It was kinda funny, and I'm pretty sure that's what made me realize I'm into girls.

>> No.7344499

>>7344475
No I actualy dated a guy for more than a year, it was a great relationships but it ended because he was older than me and was going to study aboard for two years. After that I had a few other 'boyfriends' but honestly that's because I wanted sex.
I don't date teens tought, because they don't grasp anything in relationships. I'd like to have a long, great relationship right now, I'm tired of sex buddies, but it's way more difficult to find. I used to have really good sex with my former long relationship so I'm pretty picky about that too.

>>7344468
I started at 15 yeah, and honestly I wanted the D since 13 at least. I'm pretty ok with my sexuality, I totally assume it. My body really crave for sex (I never had an orgasm, I litteraly can't come, the nearest I point was after a full week of rought sex at least 5 times a day with my boyfriend).
I've never done really strange things, altought I'd like to try soft bdsm, but I don't think liking sex and assuming it makes me less love worthy. Actually the type of guy I date prefer that, we are never bored in bed and have some good time.

>> No.7344510

>>7344460
>if a man does it it's generally ok
See, that's where you're wrong.
A LOT of women prefer experienced men because the sex is better, but definitely not all.
There's an equal amount of women who prefer that their partner hasn't been with anyone or at least not many people. Just because men give each other asspats for sticking their meat thermometer into everything (some of which may or may not have had herpes) doesn't mean it's generally preferred by the opposite sex.

I don't need all the drama and awkwardness that comes with having a lot of exes, showing them up, comparing yourself to them, or wondering which # you're going to be. And there's always a possibility that the reason why he has so many exes is because he's a shitty person.

Most of all, having many exes is probably an indicator of someone's promiscuity if nothing else (not saying that as a bad thing, my favorite Elder Scrolls characters are Dark Elves even). I simply prefer someone who is virgin spaghetti in bed so we can bolognese it up together without it being awkward, and to me sex is something really special you share with a person you love. It's totally fine if you're either way, people are different.

Anyway yeah, it's most definitely not always preferable in men.

>> No.7344512
File: 83 KB, 386x357, 089707.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7344490

I am sorry but you sound like a huge cunt. Not everyone is such a smart one as a teenager. They are teenagers after all. And not everyone makes the wisest choices in this age. Not everyone regrets "Losing their precious irginity" or what bullshit you call that to someone they wont marry or maintain a serious relationship with.

Sorry, but judging the fuck out of everyone because they did not chose the lifestyle you did sounds pretty immature to me too.

>> No.7344516

>>7344499
Should've stated I'm more into metalhead guy, but I'm myself really childlike and into sweet-classic and stuff. I only say that because I'm on an anonymous board tought, I'm not ashamed of anything but my sexual life remains private. I don't brag about it at all, I actually find people who do that pretty stupid.
It's just that...sex is ok. Sex is good. As long as you are protected and your ok with it and your partener is trust-worthy everything is ok. That's not bad, it doesn't make you less human or less lovable. You have the absolut right of liking sex and making it with anyone as long as you do it in a safe way.
And I'm super picky about my sexual partners, should I add.

>> No.7344513

>>7344490
I personally get incredibly nervous when dating a virgin/someone who hasn't dated anyone before. Every time I do, they get really involved really quickly so I get pulled into it, and then either cheat on or leave me because they want to see what sleeping with other girls is like.

Luckily my current boyfriend is showing no signs of doing that, and we've been together for longer than I've managed to keep anyone else interested. I think the first few months being LD really helped though, since it meant we didn't get in too deep and start alienating our friends or whatever.

>>7344499
>>7344468
15 isn't young. That's one year away from being legal here, and legal in most Western countries. Also, six relationships in three years is nothing for a 15 year old. When I was at school, one of my bestfriends could manage that many in three months. He had guys (and girls) falling over themselves to date him, though.

>> No.7344519

>>7344513
it's still statutory rape tho

>> No.7344523

>>7344516
sure! the people who are annoying are the girls who go "I'm a gurl and I watch porn! I LOOOOOVE sex! xD" and they should be stoned.
Everything else is fine.

>> No.7344526

>>7344519
I think they have to be 13 or under for it to be statutory. 14 and over, Romeo and Juliet laws apply, unless it's someone in a position of trust, like a teacher (in which case the youngest party must be 18 or over).

>> No.7344530

>>7344519
Nop, in my country you can have sex with another minor if you are over 13, with a over 18yo person if you are over 15 and a half. First boyfriend was under-age (a year older than me) when I started at 15 yo, so it was perfectly legal.
Strangely, the worst relationship I ever had was my first one, when we were both underage. This guy was the most manipulative dickhead ever

>> No.7344537

>be me
>have a friend who is suicidal
>he emotionally manipulates, black mails and abuses me on a weekly basis
>we dated briefly because he emotionally black mailed me to ask him to be my boy friend other wise he'd kill himself, also thought ecause were best friends he'd be great
>it was awful am stressful. he was talking about marriage and me moving to live with him (uprooting my whole life for him) within a week
>after a month broke up
>he's my best friend, I still love him and care about him a lot and never want to hurt or upset him
>continuously snaps at me, is jealous, passive aggressive and abusive
>should drop his ass but I'm terrified of him killing himself because of me, his suicide is a very real threat
>also still love and care about him a lot platonically, have tried to reason with him, always turns it around on me
>tfw you feel no options but to try and gradually let the 'friendship' die

>> No.7344542

>>7344526
In most of the US, it's 16.

If you're both minors, I think there's some kind of 2-yeag age gap allowence or something like that (So a 13-year-old could have sex with a 15-year-old without it being statutory rape) but to have sex with someone over 18 you have to be at least 16.

This varies state to state, but 16 is the most common age.

13 is just way too young to have sex. A lot of kids barely know what it even IS at that age, let alone know to be safe and careful. The mental maturity is just not there.

>> No.7344545

>>7344537
Just drop him, and don't feel guilty if he does him himself, he's a sack of shit.

>> No.7344548

>>7344537
no. he is a horrible human being and his suicide is not a real threat on top of all that other stuff. whatever he does to himself is NOT your fault, no matter what he says. your relationship with him is toxic and you are better off cutting him out of your life cold turkey, no gradual leave off.

>> No.7344550

>>7344545
*kill himself

>> No.7344551

>>7344537
Please call the police. He needs to be hospitalised, he sounds like he has some serious issues he needs help for.

>> No.7344560

>>7344551
This is the option I'd go with, you should get yourself out of that toxic relationship and don't hold yourself responsible for his own actions especially if he's hospitalized.

>> No.7344567

>>7344537
Honestly, he sounds like very, very toxic person.
I am not sure about the legal situation in the U.S., so I have to ask: Is there any chance to have him brought to psychiatry, given that his life is in danger?
If you could inform the authorities of him threatening to end his life, would that be an option for you?

Because you can not be forced to deal with such a situation and he really seems to need therapy and a lot of it. Also, it would buy you time, considering you would not have to stay in contact while he is there and maybe the professionals could help you out with their advisory service?

>> No.7344579

>>7344551
he lives in a different country to me, and he does have a lot of issues (he was going to a clinic for his mental health but it fell through in the end, which caused him to almost attempt suicide. I called him and cried and begged him not to and in the end he didnt). I'm really really worried about him, but I have depression and anxiety as well and he causes me to relapse into suicidal thoughts a lot too. he met all his current friends through me which also makes things difficult, and I don't know I'm probably making it sound stupid for me to not cut him off but I care about him more than I care about my own well being, which is stupid as hell
also re other people: thank you I'd reply to all of your replies in a post but I'm on my phone

>> No.7344581

>>7344275
I'm >>7343770 That sounds promising! I also had a similar problem, since I didn't see her interact with other people, I wasn't sure if she was treating me any differently but your situation sounds all too familiar! I think if you're both blushing and holding hands that it sounds pretty mutual. It's tough when you live away from the person, but if she's going out of her way to come back and see you, that's a pretty good sign. It's possible she's just as unsure about you- especially if you've never given any clear sign that you're interested in girls, since it sounds like you haven't been before. Or if it's such as in my case, she's semi oblivious in that she doesn't think about it too much in depth and just decides to go with it- either way you'll have to let her know somehow. If you can't say it, then you could always try writing it maybe (but still be there when she reads it)? I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but it sounds really hopeful (and adorable!). Good luck anon!

>> No.7344583

>>7344567
You can call the police on a suicidal person, they'll take him in and lock him in the psych ward until he's deemed safe and non-suicidal. There is no option unless he's a minor and his parents refuse treatment, and even then the state can take custody of the child if the problem appears dangerous enough.

>> No.7344589
File: 1.95 MB, 267x179, tumblr_murw0nwH6J1rxbfdbo1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7344404
>>7344388 here.
I would be your friend, anon. We could be social losers together.

>> No.7344596

>>7342948
I was just biting my nails while I read that. Shit.

>> No.7344601
File: 417 KB, 408x306, 082.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7344435

>> No.7344602

>>7344579
he doesn't even live in the same country as you? trust me, you are not responsible for this guy's wellbeing, no matter what you feel. that is his manipulation making you feel responsible for him. i know you don't want the guilt on your shoulders, but that's exactly why he's manipulating you.

>> No.7344607

>>7344596
Nail bitters are disgusting

>> No.7344622

>>7344579
Usually, the police takes suicide threats very serious and if there is any chance to get him hospitalized, taking it will be what helps the two of you the most.
I know the feeling of caring about others to a point where it gets harmful to oneself and I do not want to call yout intentions wrong or any other names. The thing is, that your friend shows signs that might be hints for a personality or borderline disorder and maybe his last treatment failed due to a wrong diagnosis.

Another therapy might be a chance for him to live a way better life and for you to focus on your own issues and get everything sorted out.
I want to be honest, it could be, that the person we are talking about will see you calling the police as an offense and maybe they will break all bonds towards you but you give them a chance to improve. And maybe, one day he can see what you did for him.
I wish you all the best, no matter how it turns out

>> No.7344628

>>7344602
I think for some reason I really needed to hear this? Like that makes me feel a LOT more reasonable and kind of okay with breaking things off
Thank you and also everyone else who has supported my venting here, it was good to get it out! You are right that it is probably him manipulating and taking advantage of me- I feel if that's the case I can go 'fuck you', because that's gross and horrible of him haha

>> No.7344638

>>7344622
Thank you so much. He does have borderline personality disorder, but wasnt accepted into the clinic because they weren't sure if the diagnosis was correct (even though it probably is)
you are definitely right and thank you for giving me this advice, I will probably try calling the police tomorrow or discuss that with him tomorrow since he is in a very bad place. Im not sure what else to say but like, seriously, thank you. Ill try to put things into action ASAP so we can both get better and get on with our lives as it has been on going for so long

>> No.7344649
File: 41 KB, 429x294, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>joined a community orchestra in the region, bit of a drive from where I live
>decline going to a pizza place with a couple older members after because I'm really shy and don't know any of them
>halfway during the drive home decide to stop at a Wal-mart to pick up some yogurts
>while juggling chobanis I almost walk into this guy I work with during the summer twice a month
>he's a super qt but I'm awkward as hell whenever I'm around him, especially seeing him in a Walmart at 10pm of all times and places
>beeline to the register after we awkwardly double take at each other and leave

Two Days Later
>sister has a big day off to celebrate her birthday
>our large group including myself and her friends decide to get some food and drinks at a local restaurant
>they're making a huge ruckus and talking about the most hilariously inappropriate things while I listen along
>halfway through the night a couple people at the bar next to our table are leaving
>I glance over after we suddenly quiet down and can hear their conversation, a voice sounds familiar
>IT'S HIM AGAIN
>OH FUCK THEY TOTALLY HEARD EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR THE PAST HOUR

I really want to talk to him and become acquaintances but I'm so damn shy because I rarely socialize with other people. Plus to make it worse I always try to hide my interests because not many people around here have the same hobbies and it comes off as me being somewhat unimpressionable. It doesn't help how into manga I am, either. Just needed to get it off my chest.

>> No.7344655

>>7344292
You should move out, you don't deserve this.
You deserve to be loved.
Go out there ! find things that make you happy
do things that make you happy
Break up contact with your mom if that makes you feel better
Start a new life
Just be happy anon, please!

>> No.7344659

>>7343659
BC is the best thing that ever happened to me, personally. Used to have horrendous periods, irregular to the point that it might be a 3-day gap or a 60-day gap, pain so bad I missed a lot of school/work. Got the implant and everything changed overnight. No periods, no pain, no more acne, weight no longer fluctuates, feeling absolutely peachy. Also turned out I have ovarian cysts so another good reason to be on BC.

>> No.7344669

>>7344638
Not at all, Anon!
I do not wish to be patronizing in this but I fear talking to him about it first might bear the danger of him misunderstanding your intentions and - in the worst case - misinterpreting it and turning them against you. If he himself is taken by surprise, he will not have the time to attack you about it or twist your words or flee it.

Of course this might sound horrible and very patronizing towards him but on the other hand, his life and your own health are at stake.

>> No.7344705

>>7344348
You can buy the medicine at a pharmacy for 20-30 bucks. I'm going to explain this is horrendous detail, so pardon me.
But the medicine basically makes you shit them all out. You do this once, then take a second dosage later on on the 2nd week. After you do that, you need to wash all of your blankets + sheets and regularly wash up, clean EVERYTHING to make sure you don't inhale anymore eggs.

Children get pin worms all the time, but unless they're treated they'll hardly ever go away. Mine would for two weeks, then they'd come right back.

>> No.7344709

>>7344292
You're a good student, right?

Then get that degree in whatever you want. That way you can provide for yourself, move out, and live life the way you want to.

You're not a bad sister, you're not a bad daughter. Don't feel bad. Also, ask about restraining orders and figure out a way to get your ex to leave you alone. Don't respond to him. Not even a hey.

I once got a guy to leave me alone by pretending someone had stolen my phone.
>"Hey, text me back, you stupid bitch. It's your fault I'm going out and doing stupid shit! Answer me!"
>"haha, who dis, an ex? i got yo bitches phone dumbazz. they aint got dis phone no more. youz a bitch ass, gettin all up on sum gurl like dat hahaha. you suk at life. stop textin, she ain't here no more."
>"Oh, uh, okay. Forget what I said then."

I'm surprised it worked...

>> No.7344734

>>7343661
What's the con anon? perhaps you can find some fellow anons to keep you company?

>> No.7344738
File: 2.54 MB, 433x433, 1386127703267.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be lolita
>Generally pretty girly...except my voice
>Meet guy online who wanted to talk to me, since we had so much in common
>Hit it off right away
>Holy shit, we have even more in common that I thought
>He's even interested in the lolita fashion
>This is one cool guy
>Share some info with him about lolita
>Get comfortable enough to show him some pictures after about a month of knowing each other
>We live pretty close and are both shut ins
>We decide we'll do a stream soon to spend some time together until we get the guts to see each other in person
>Since we both have some pretty bad anxiety, why not give each other a clip of our voices as a preview so we're not as nervous until then?
>Makes a recording for me and shows me his picture
>Hnnn, that voice
>Says I must have a pretty voice myself
>My voice is a fucking deep, fat girl, nerdy sounding voice.
>I make him a recording
>It takes him 20 minutes for him to respond back
>Tries to change the subject right away
>Admits my voice wasn't what he was expecting
>Says maybe we shouldn't stream
>My heart drops

I know it's stupid to get so upset over it, but it only makes me even more embarrassed over myself.

>> No.7344755

>>7344709

que máximo!

>> No.7344783

>>7344581
Oh gosh. It's so good to hear someone else went through the same thing I am going through and it worked out!
I have to figure out a way to bring this whole thing up to her.

Thank you so much!

>> No.7344785

>>7344292
Girl, you MUST stay strong

>> No.7344838

>>7344738
He sounds pretty shallow if you ask me,

>> No.7344852

>>7344838
I was trying to think of it that way as well, but my already low self-esteem keeps jabbing in that it's because my voice really is not attractive. It's kind of like Gloria Shuri Nava's, but that girl is hilarious and it seems to match her personality.

>> No.7344855

>>7344738
He sounds like a douchebag. Some people just have wonky voices and you don't truly know what they look like unless you skype or meet them.

But honestly, if he's going to be that bent out of shape on your voice alone, I say you dodged a bullet there.

>> No.7344875

>>7344292
Anon, if come back and see this, I'm willing to be an e-mail buddy if you want. It sounds like you really need someone to talk to.

>> No.7344979

>>7342996
>>>/fit/17018018

>> No.7344994

>>7344738
Wow... That would break my heart. But everybody else is right, better you find out he's a jerk then than later.

>>7344292
Stay strong, please. The good shouldn't give in to cruelty.

I'm lucky that all I need to worry about is my bitten nails.

>> No.7344997

>mfw I meet very good cosplayers/lolita, they snub me
>like absolutely don't talk to me even when I try to make conversation
>everyone else tells me they're nice
>most people I know are really buddy buddy with these people and get along great with them on FB/tumblr/whatever media site people use
>I don't think I'm a bad cosplayer/lolita. I'm not great, but I'm not terrible either
>I'm not that awkward either; I talk to people everyday as my job, ffs
>wtf am I doing wrong

>> No.7345041

>finally start work on the blazer I should've started a while ago, but confident I can make it in time for katsucon
>realize that the pattern is from 1989 and is a fucking tent, gonna try to go down 2 pattern sizes but who the hell knows
>also realize that I bought less than half the amount of detail fabric I'll need
>desperately hoping joann's cuts and ships my fabric on the faster side

I was feeling so on top of my shit, too...whatever, I'm going to assemble as much of the blazer as I can while I wait for the fabric to arrive and pray it looks all right.

>> No.7345292

>meet qt at concert and they ask for my number
>go into spaz mode but manage to give it to them
>really flattered and happy, I've never been asked before
>general 'get to know you' texting for few days before arranging first date
>never been out with anyone in this sense before and not sure how to act
>don't want to scare them off, avoid topic of hobbies ie cosplay, anime, gaming
>talk about mutual interests and TV instead
>everything goes well, seem to enjoy spending time with me
>Go out a few more times, still too nervous and awkward to be flirty or talk about anything that isn't mundane but they seem happy to spend time with me
>meet one day and they ask what exactly is happening between us, what do I want from 'this'
>have actually started to really like this person
>don't want to suggest dating properly and seem needy though
>say I'm fine either way, ask how they feel about it
>hoping they ask me out officially
>reply that they are glad I'm happy to stay friends since they don't have romantic feelings for me after all
>secretly heart broken but smile and say it's how I feel too
>haven't met up since

I'm not too disappointed but it's a little disheartening after I actually attempted to be appealing and 'normal' and actually did like them.

>> No.7345297

>have guy friend in high school, met through love of anime and cosplay
>we dated a little then he broke up with me
>not particularly torn up about it because I didn't like him in that way
>in fact I dreaded seeing him a lot of the time because of it so this was convenient
>graduate and lose contact
>fine by me

>meet again by chance encounter three years later
>he starts texting/calling/video calling excessively, to the point where it interfered with my daily life and studies
>*wolf whistle* *hug* "xD" "hey beautiful" *kiss emoticon*
>don't shut him down because I feel guilty since he's had mental problems and he says talking to me helps
>waitaminute.jpg
>because of this my own mental state is getting worse
>he says things that set my spine on edge "I would die/kill to protect you"
>he says breaking up with me was a mistake and he did it to protect me
>he talks to me like I'm some kind of 2D waifu character
>uses lines on me that could be straight out of an anime (not as cute as you might think)
>when I try talking about lolita, he says I don't need fancy clothes to look pretty
>when I try to talk about getting a job here, he says come back to my home state
>condescends often because "it's cute when you're embarrassed"
>makes fun of things like my appearance, work habits, computer knowledge, etc
>this eventually wears too much on my privacy and nerves and remaining self-esteem
>melt down after a call where he lists off things I need to fix about myself
>haven't answered anything from him again for months
>dreading telling current (also anime fan and cosplayer) boyfriend about him/this if I ever need to
>dreading running into him again because I eventually will and I'll have to say some of this out loud to his face

>should have stopped this three years ago

>> No.7345314

>>7342962
Do some research on hair that will work well with your face shape, and try out different skincare products and makeup for more confidence. Also, you probably don't see what others see in you, you could be beautiful and not realize it!

>> No.7345317

>>7342981
This pains me on so many levels....

>> No.7345328

>>7344738
I had a similar situation. Met a guy online and did video before voice, when we finally did a voice chat the first thing he commented on was that my voice was a lot deeper than he thought and that 'if he hadn't already seen me he'd think I was a boy lol'
Wonders why I don't want to chat to him anymore

>> No.7345332

>>7343177
I draw, the only downside is I get charcoal all over my hands and occasionally on my clothes

>> No.7345350

>>7343615
I've been in a sorta similar situation, although I had already known I was into girls. We were both crushing on eachother, and both felt horrible about it. We both knew we were into chicks, and it pretty much ended up being that we confessed in a game of truth or dare, and we've been together almost a year now! Best of luck anon!
Wow I should have greentexted this I'm sorry.

>> No.7345358

>>7343659
This shit makes me so glad I'm a lesbian

>> No.7345372
File: 9 KB, 225x224, thisfuckingfeel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>8/10, male, 19
>depression over 10 years now
>terrible self-esteem
>over "average" cosplayer
>have some bishie-looking characters I would love to cosplay
> suddenly mirrors, images and bad self-esteem, hate my face
>hated more every year now
>no chance against crossplayers (Finland's crossplayers are really high-class imo)
>I would only look ridiculous next to them
>friends try to cheer
> not sure if to believe, most say "you have an hot face and unique features"
>in my head it sounds "lol you look like an Down Syndrome kid"
> because of this, long time not cosplaying and only helmet/armor cosplays

Now, after a while
>cosplayed Jean from SnK
>same height and weight, great wig, really quality make-up, average costume
>people came to took pictures and said I was amazing, although I thought it was utter crap
>"no fucking way I was terrible"
>my stupid head why you keep pushing me down
>actually made me feel worse to cosplay these bishie characters
>would only rape the original and be a walking joke

Maybe I should just stick to armors and helmets...

>> No.7345377

>>7343938
This makes me so mad I bet you're adorable anon!

>> No.7345382

>>7343971
You can do it anon!

>> No.7345403

>>7344209
Not that anon, but no. I was in a bad relationship previously, and I cheated. I am now in a relationship with a girl I love and would rather die than cheat on her.

>> No.7345430

>>7344421
Holy fucking shit, are you me? The issue with me is I actually lost some weight (still on the bigger chubby side ), but I still feel like this obese girl I once was. I always see myself as extremely big instead of someone who lost 60 pounds. I have no self control myself and I actually stopped communicating with some great people once they asked for pictures out of fear they'll think I'm just some gross ass girl.

>> No.7345443
File: 223 KB, 350x340, 1370501435349.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7345297
oh god I have a friend who talks to me like that

>hi sunshine
>hey buttercup
>hi beautiful
>hi sweetheart

the thing is he does this with EVERY single fucking girl. why do guys do this? do they really think it makes a girl feel special?

>> No.7345468

>>7345372

I'm a little curious as to why you would rate yourself an 8/10, then say you have issues with your self esteem. Did you get rated by someone else?

>> No.7345505

>>7345468
This. As someone with terrible self-image, I give myself a 5/10 on an amazing day. I do feel your pain when it comes to compliments though

>Oh, your hair looks so lovely! You look beautiful today!
>yeah okay you're just saying that because you think praising ugly people will make them feel better.

>> No.7345506

>>7345468
Yeah, most of the people who I have seriously asked to rate me put me around 7-8/10. Can't understand why so high tho

>> No.7345537

>>7345443
They think they sound like a suave dude who isn't afraid to show his softer romantic side (what they think a girl wants), but they just cannot figure out that it's really annoying and skeevy if they're not actually in a relationship.

I hope someone else tells them someday because I'm going to avoid talking to that guy for as long as possible.

>> No.7345905
File: 77 KB, 480x480, o0480048012817234345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7345537
This. I like a guy and he does that sunshine/buttercup/sweetheart crap to every girl.

>mfw I thought I was special
>tfw he does this to strangers

>> No.7346002

>>7345505
I relate so much, I find it so hard to take compliments about my appearance I hardly ever believe them and sometimes think they are joking I always keep it to myself though except for my partner sometimes I just can't believe the wonderful things he says as I believe the opposite.

>>7345430
Anon, I feel the same I lost more than 60 pounds and still feel so absolutely huge and terrible, everything looks so big and I look so ugly. Although my bmi/weight is healthy for my height and age I really believe I am fat. Very rarely I see myself in a good light.

>> No.7346117

>I used to think Bodyline modelling competition is absolutely abhorrent and the conditions awful.
> Can't believe modelling can be that bad, must be shoddy bodyline and Mr.Yan.
>Months pass discover the documentary Girl Model.
>Revealed to the horrible truth about modelling in Japan/young girls modelling.
> I thought it was only bodyline that was horrible not actual agencies.
>Feel so very disturbed and upset.
>Maybe Japan is a lot harsher and cruel than I thought.
>Not sure how to feel.

Everyone should watch this documentary though, it's harrowing and fascinating. The ex model/model scout is an extremely interesting and twisted person. I still feel so upset that hundreds of young girls from poor Siberian countries who get selected out of thousands for their ticket to another country and a better life to be so abused and deceived.

>> No.7346384

>>7345505
I have always been paranoid about my appearance without glasses because people would always say I looked masculine or make odd faces whenever they saw me with the frames off. But since I stopped breaking out like a greasy teenager and have been going to the gym I'm starting to feel better about myself. Everytime people would compliment me before I just took it as them being nice because they were relatives or acquaintances with my very fashionista hairstylist older sister.

Actually thinking about it I don't even think I tried to do much for my appearance before I became more socially withdrawn and started browsing 4chan, funny how that happened...

>> No.7346425

>>7346002
i know that suspicion too, anon. i had some guy ask for my number the other day and i was half-convinced that he did it on a dare/bet for the rest of the day.

>> No.7346561
File: 134 KB, 500x656, tumblr_mv1qpnFAjZ1r7nc66o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7344275
Omg these feels
>me and my best friend in a similar situation during high school
>always came close to asking or finally kissing her but fucking spaghetti everything
>a bit of a falling out during senior year
>after high school can't stop thinking about her and how I only want to be with her and dress up together, watch all the anime, other things
>go to tell her how I finally feel, all of it
>she talks first
>"I'm pregnant"
She only dated this guy for a few months and she got pregnant, moved in with him, got married all in the same year. I still regret it to this day that I didn't get all of my feelings out. She's completely different now, which is fine (she has a kid and is a pretty good mom) but it hurts. Any time I go out with her and her daughter I just can't stop thinking about if we had a little girl together, and we'd be one big lolita family of pretty girls in pretty dresses.

>> No.7346675
File: 44 KB, 500x349, 1390201393055.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7345505

>Meet a guy online
>So much in common
>Never met someone with so much in common with me, it's crazy
>Talking for about 3 months now
>It's pretty clear there's some chemistry between us
>He shows me his picture right away and gives me a voice clip
>He's a dream boat
>Wants my picture and voice clip
>Scared as fuck
>Let him know when we met that I'm chubby and have a big nose
>Replies that he doesn't care how I look
>bitch you must be lying
>Finally give him a voice clip
>Freaking out since I sound like a big nerd
>Replies that I sound perfectly normal and cute because I was so self conscious about it
>that just sounds like bullshit, he can't be serious
>Terrified that once he sees my round cheeks and fat, long, round nose that he'll think I'm ugly and distance himself away from me
>Keeps asking me for pictures
>I'm terrified

>> No.7346807

>>7346117
that movie is a scam. the models themselves stated that it is not that bad.

>> No.7346947
File: 115 KB, 240x240, lindirface.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just want to do cosplay
>have homework from uni to finish
>its groupwork
>have to work with two women over 40 that have children and a husband and dont even need to study
>they are borderline-retarded and dont have any idea what they are doing
>seems like they never visited any class
>they fuck everything up and I have to pick up the pieces
>pick up the pieces of a completely ruined study without any significant findings
>edit all the grammar mistakes and typos they left in the document without telling them cause I don't want to be an ass
>have everything I written cricizised by them
>criticize their part
>they run crying to the professor and say I did nothing for the study behind my back
>mfw

>> No.7347014

>>7346807
But anon how can it be a scam?
At the end of the film it stated Nadya flew back to Japan still in debt after that trip and flew to China and Thailand. Also the models never saw the film only making their statement from others comments. If they were still with the company at the time they might be forced/persuaded to say something dispelling it.

>> No.7347121

>>7343938
Just ignore their crap!

>> No.7347431
File: 744 KB, 1400x2038, yassan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7344275
I know it's probably not that helpful anon, but try asking her how she feels about the friendship, maybe you'll be able to tell.

>> No.7348326

>>7343971
>want to be moe so bad
>be 6' woman with linebacker shoulders and PT's chin
Every cosplay suggestion I've ever gotten is flavor-of-the-month yaoi shit.

>> No.7348560

>thinking it has been a while since I didn't feel pain
>mfw it has only been three day and I'm so used to it that it feel like a while
>mfw I fall like a dumbass while I was cooking because my legs started to hurt like hell and didn't support me anymore

At least I'm used to it...So, to keep it lolita related

>meet in a couple of days
>'anon, are you coming ?'
>really really want to come, but meet involve a lot of walk
>don't want to faint in my expensive dress, make other lolita panick and pity me, ruin the event and go to the hospital again
>tired of being a lone lolita, but can't go out because sick