[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 77 KB, 396x700, 1330722360210.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7340396 No.7340396[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Do any of you buy cosplay? Where do you buy it?

>> No.7340567

>>7340396
I buy. But be careful what you buy as 90% of it is absolute shit, and even the acceptable ones still need slight altering. The best to buy is obviously a commission, as you can specify things like don't use shiny shit material, make sure this detail is done with A not B, make sure the skirt covers my ass and fits me, etc. Failing that, eBay is the only other site i've tried and had some success with. Even found a nice COSPA cosplay on there once, just never buy anything under 70 'cause that shits always missing something and half the pictures don't even belong to the seller

>> No.7340637

>http://www.ebay.com/usr/skycostume?_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754
This is a specific ebay buyer that I've bought from twice. I bought shoes for a Madoka cosplay and recently a Chihiro cosplay. They hadn't let me down. They quality is just as in the picture, and maybe even better. The only thing, though, is that I gave my exact measurements, and the cosplay ended up being kinda tight, so if you buy from them, I advise to give slightly bigger measurements. They do custom measurements as well.

>http://www.ebay.com/usr/koseya?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754
I've never actually bought from them, but I've heard good things from a friend (who bought the Noiz cosplay)

>> No.7340735

>>7340396
I buy most of my cosplays but lately have been making my own, I used to make cosplay things, props ect when I was younger but stopped for some reason.
I buy mostly from Chinese wholesale sites, I won't buy something if it's shit though, I never been ripped off yet, well I have had acouple cosplays that I bought that were kinda bad looking but I get refunded or they only costed about 10dollars free shipping so no point complaining.

>> No.7340742

I'm a mix of make and buy.

>> No.7340829

I buy secondhand cosplays on fb and coscom but I had a wig and a cape commissioned for me. I'm thinking of shopping in Taobao or continue secondhand hunting.
I want to make them myself, but I rarely have time to take sewing classes (sucks that my community college doesn't have any...)

>> No.7340853

What is more expensive?

I never bought a costume before, but I have attempted to make a few costumes. I'm sucky at buying the right amount of supplies so it ends up being a waste of money.

Assuming I can get my shit together, would it be cheaper to make my own? Or is it more an issue of accuracy/quality?

>> No.7340856

OP image should say replicas instead